Speaker 1: Isaiah Thomas floated the wild hypothetical about what would have happened if Kevin Durant not Jordan, had been steering the ships for those iconic nineteen nineties Chicago Bulls teams. I said, Kevin Durant, if you would have played back in our era, you would have put it in the triple post in the mid post era, and they would have took Michael Jordan out. You would have played Pippot, You would have played with Cuckoake. We would have had he would have had six championships, absolutely with all them around him. He gets the post up in the mid red. Yeah, I think you could do the same. Hold on He's saying if Jordan w wasn't on the team and it was Kadi. He said, if if you replaced Jordan with KD, they still win six championships.
Speaker 2: Hey, I have a question, Joe, And before you even answered, Joe, Hey, can can can? Can somebody please explain to me what's the issue with Isaiah Thomason. Why he's already jabbing at Jordan and Jordan never respond but every few months respond yours come back at Jordan with.
Speaker 3: With some I think uh Isaiah Thomas probably one of the only Cats who got a winning record against Michael Jordan's Okay, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: It goes back to the yeah, him not being on It's the dream Team. Isaiah Thomas should have been on the Dream Team, no matter what you think. And it was a great team. As symbol, John Stockton was not better than Isaiah Thomas. Isaiah Thomas was a two time champion at the time of the selection. Isaiah Thomas was a two time champion and a finals MVP. That's and and guess what. He beat Magic and Magic's era. He beat Bird and Bird era. He they ended. He ended the Big Three Celtics, the Pistons did. Nobody else did he beat Magic and Kareem and Worthy.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 1: He beat Dennis Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, Isaiah and the Pistons did that.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 1: He had earned the right to be on the ninety two Dream Team. But but when he walked off the court after Jordan them finally beat them in ninety one, and he didn't shake Jordan's hand. Now, mind you, if you go back and look, go back and look, you know where he Isaiah Them got that from Boston.
Speaker 4: The Celtics walked out the court and didn't share the Piston's hand.
Speaker 1: Go back and look it up, and nobody said, or more for word, right, go back and look it up.
Speaker 4: I'm old enough to remember.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, how many years has it been?
Speaker 1: Ninety two dream teams? So you look at up about thirty four years? Thirty four years?
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, maybe I'm tripping.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: At some point do we not get over that?
Speaker 1: And because Isaiah said I missed that two times, I was supposed to be on the eighty team.
Speaker 4: Guess what.
Speaker 1: They boycotted Soviet because the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. So in nineteen eighty America didn't send anybody to my scow. So ninety four eighty four, Jordan was a eighty four. He was already in the league, so he couldn't play. You gotta realize Jordan got drafted and still got played because he hadn't played a professional game yet. So Jordan played in the eighty four Olympics after already getting drafted. Yeah, so now he said, this is my one last final chance to get this. I'm an NCAA champion, I'm I'm an NBA champion. I'm a finals MVP. I'm gonna be a Hall of Fame. I had Isaiah on the show. I like, I don't know if anybody that knows him, but if you be a riding him that he is so engaging. He is, I mean he and he loves sports. He'll talk any sport with you. Football, basketball, obviously he played at level. He's a top seventy five. He was a top fifty player. Real brother too.
Speaker 4: He looks at it like this man kept me off the Dream Team. I start that was not better than Isaiah. I don't care what y'all say. I get it. He played one hundred years.
Speaker 1: He's the all time assist leader, he's the all time steals leader. He wasn't better than I agree with you on that, but I still don't think that Jordan went to the USA Commission or whatever and was like, man, look the only way I play.
Speaker 4: Is if Isaiah Thomas is not playing. I don't think he did that.
Speaker 3: I think due to the Pistons not shaking the bulls hand. Obviously they came right after that, right that was that something right right after that?
Speaker 4: Right? Yes? I think everybody.
Speaker 3: I think everybody who was over like USA, I think they kind of seen and kind of just put it together. I think when they came to get Jordan's well wishes to be able to play on the USA team, I think they may have brought it to him before he ever even said something about it.
Speaker 4: Well, their reports out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's true, but I think Sam Smith wrote it in his book. That's what we're reported, said he had played, but you know who couldn't. So I don't know if that's true. I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: I just what is what is true? What isn't true?
Speaker 1: Isaiah believed that to be care And you know, sometimes perception is reality.
Speaker 4: Guys. It might not be true, but your perception, that's your reality, you know. You know.
Speaker 2: What makes it even worse is the fact that respond Jordan doesn't say anything. He doesn't talk about the issues. And I mean so that that makes it even worse at least everybody pondering on what really did happen or what really? I mean, it's crazy that Jordan has said nothing. I think at some point I'm not sure when he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Sit down the man over that running NASCAR cards. He ain't standing out talking about even if he didn't have nothing going on. That ain't Jordania talking. He ain't never goes. He ain't gonna never talk about.
Speaker 4: That, you know how Jordaniels, he just never again.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: Huh, that's it. He ain't going. He ain't going to go back and forth and get into the media. Bro.
Speaker 1: Do you know how much NBC probably had to pay that man just to get sit down and do those two three interviews that he did with Glenday. It's estimated three interviews. O Joe, Dang, that's what it's estimate. I don't know that, but that's what people threw out there. But I tell you what, it wasn't cheap.
Speaker 2: No, of course he don't.
Speaker 4: He don't talk.
Speaker 1: He don't care to talk. Yeah, he talked at an obligation. If you go back and look at it. When he normally talked, he talked to Amar that was this guy on the NBC when NBC had the rights. He normally sit down and talked to the mad Yeah, he would go to the podium that you know, he understood that, but he didn't do a whole lot of stuff. I think maybe one or two times he might have talked to Peter VESSI I'm not really sure because it's a while, but I know normally when they did an interview, it was Ahmad sitting down with Jordan, especially especially when it came to the Maybe All Star and.
Speaker 4: The NBA Finals. Yeah, Ahma was his boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, well, hell that means Jordan was probably one of the first players who had that kind of power the way the way the players have have power today. He had They got damn power. Probably the only one had that kind of.
Speaker 1: Power, maybe in the media, but he didn't have it on his own team. Could Jerry Cross controlled everything?
Speaker 2: Well, you just said the reason that Isaiah wasn't able to play because Jordan's probably they.
Speaker 4: Knew they needed one guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great because you wanted you needed that one guy, right, Yeah, you needed the logo, Yes, sir, that's yeah. It would been great that you could have had all those other guys, but you needed that one big joker.
Speaker 4: That was it. Yes, sir, started the league bro.
Speaker 1: Because you gotta understand, coming off his second NBA championship, Yeah, he's already what I think, a two time three time MVP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Defensive Player of the Year. He was the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: He was the biggest thing going and if you want to, if you want to go globally.
Speaker 4: Got to get the biggest start with.
Speaker 2: You got Okay four years later though, uh, I ain't gonna let it go.
Speaker 4: If you know, Isaiah ain't letting it go. He's not.
Speaker 3: Jordan's not gonna respond how bad I say. I say now trying to see let it go ze like.
Speaker 1: You say no, because and the thing is, I could see if there was something that could be done, nothing, if we could ran down in the hands of time guys and we go back and put out there.
Speaker 4: But it ain't nothing be done. It's nothing. Mmm.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean imagine if I mean, I don't know what the crown and achievement would have been like, but to just to.
Speaker 4: Know that you deserved you, You've earned the right to be there, right, So what does he want to apology? That's what he's there? I said, I said, Isaiah, I said, ain't gonna get ain't coming.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, Hey, Joe, ain't no scenario you can see.
Speaker 4: But what Jordan's coming out in the post absolutely not hell.
Speaker 1: I mean, you saw even pimps kind of taking some shots at Jordan.
Speaker 4: Man. Look here Jordan in his own little.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I don't think he gonna. I didn't know. I didn't know that. I thought they were close.
Speaker 1: But from what I've been, what I've deduced and what I've heard, is that they weren't really never close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from listening to Pipping, they yeah, that he would make you think that, But now I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean Jordan, Jordan was always giving him credit like I couldn't. I could not have done or what I did without him. You know, He's always given him his credit.
Speaker 3: Man, ain't listen, oh Joe, If y'all noticed, it ain't really to me. Any guys that MJ played with on their Bulls team, they really give him props, Bro, They really talk highly of him, like they all kind of take little jabs at him, you know, saying and that he was a tough guy to play with. He was a tough teammate, and he probably was all of that. But the man he had the fire and desire Bro to come out and compete night in and night out and put forth his best foot like he commanded. They guys do the same. That's the thing. Like, I think a lot of these were not a lot. I think, you know, some of these dudes who are great. They try to get others to match what they what they're DOINGO and other guys just can't reach that potential.
Speaker 4: That's why it's hard for great players to be bro.
Speaker 3: Because what you're thinking in your head, you're trying to convey it to another guy and hopefully he can see it the way you see it, and it just happened like that.
Speaker 2: They don't see it that way.
Speaker 1: No, That's why most of your great coaches are average players. Look at Coach Belichick, look at the look at the really great coaches. Steve Kerr got for Steve was not a I mean he was He was a role player, did his job well.
Speaker 4: Look at Phil Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you try to get I mean I think if uh you see uh h Bill Russell, he won. He was a players coach. Uh Casey Jones going to the Tom Heinson. Tom Heyson was damn great player. People don't realize how great Tom Hyson was. Coach Milwaukee Lenny Wilkins. But for the most part, I mean, especially to modern modern players, because back then, guys, guys listen.
Speaker 3: You guys made too much money. Now day, hell they ain't. These guys listen, they talking back, and they yeah, that's but but I've said this, O Joe. But I've had a conversation with me.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I had him on the pod many many years ago, and I've been I've been places where he was and had a conversation.
Speaker 4: He ain't letting it go.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, so if you if you expect him to let it go, he's not gonna let it go. And Jordan ain't gonna respond.
Speaker 2: Well, he had talking to himself at this point.
Speaker 4: Is is?
Speaker 1: Wimby gave a three part MVP campaign speech this week, said my first one would be defense. It's fifty percent of the game and it's undervalue so far in the MVP race. I believe I'm the most impactful player defensively in the league.
Speaker 4: You are.
Speaker 1: Second argument would be that we almost swept KC this season, and we dominated them three times with their real team. The third argument would be that offense impact is just not points. Joe, do you agree with what Wimby said and and his reason for his why he should be named?
Speaker 4: He has some points. He has some points, Okay, oh, Joe.
Speaker 3: I agree with him with the defense, as you know, fifty percent of the game, and obviously nobody can match what he does defensively. I think the next step for him is to continue to evolve offensively. I don't know what he's averaging right now, O Joe, but it's probably what about think about two twenty three game. I think he'll he'll end up getting that up. And obviously, if san Antonio can continue to be dominant, I don't know if they could take over the number one spot from OKC over the next couple of years, but you know, they trended in the right direction. I think he will eventually become MVP. He's a averaging twenty four eleven and three twenty four points, eleven rebounds three. The only thing is hard about the MVP because damn, you just can't discredit what Yoki's numbers is, Bro, you can't discredit what did you see Yoki?
Speaker 4: Las? Come on, did I see it? Twenty three twenty one to nineteen?
Speaker 1: Like nineteen nineteen he had nineteen or six, twenty one rebounds, twenty three points.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Joe, he'd be out there. Hey, you'd think you playing god Damn two K man with the numbers he putting up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and san Antonio's two ber games back from the one seed.
Speaker 4: They two games back.
Speaker 3: I think he got he got a he got a great ARGUMENTO.
Speaker 4: But he ain't gonna win it this year. He ain't gonna win MVP this year.
Speaker 2: I thought SJ was gonna win.
Speaker 4: I think I think so too.
Speaker 1: But I think the player that probably did that has earned it the most based on value is Jaylen Brown. Yeah, that had Boston Celtics as the number two seed without Jason Tatum trading for singles, getting rid of trading, holiday Al Horford, leaper who had them in the spot.
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody, you you're right? Huh, you're right. Jayden Brown has a definitely compelling argument.
Speaker 1: He's averaging twenty I think twenty eight, six and five. He's played out of his damn mind.
Speaker 3: I just, I just I know they gonna give it to Shade considering that they're the number one team in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Still they have the best record, and what if they.
Speaker 1: Don't have the best record, what if san Antonio overtakes them?
Speaker 3: With what what we got about? Eight by nine games left? Think we got tend to twelve. I just don't see them lose. I don't see them dropping two two in a row or two games. I can't see san Antonio catching now do they because they don't play them no more. No, they beat them three out of four, So I don't see. I don't see. I mean, he ain't the leading scorer in the NBA, but he's probably second.
Speaker 4: How many games they got left? Eleven but they got yeah nine nine nine yep.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's gonna be very very interesting back to back. I mean, I hate that that that cade cad got hurt. It's gonna miss that sixty five game cut off.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I thought I thought I thought he commsced like uh like five or six games.
Speaker 4: He gotta hear. He gotta come back.
Speaker 1: But do you rushing back and probably and potentially sett him back?
Speaker 3: Hey yeah, put some pad on that uh on that rib cage or something. H we trying to get Hey hey, we were trying to sign hey next country, were trying to sign for the three forty man.
Speaker 4: He just signed. He just signed. He good, yeah, he good.
Speaker 3: Now see that's you gotta look at it from a standpoint. You got your appetizer, then you got your entree. Then you wanna come back for a little dessert you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh four, you try to hit him cross the head twice and many times.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 2: Shit boy, getting the boy getting to that money?
Speaker 4: Boy, man, what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: That man gonna sign another contract for three hundred He just signed for two ninety something.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Knicks just lost their seven game winning streak, and Mitchell Robinson is not happy. Following the disappointed performance, Robinson took the Instagram to voice his frustration, saying, don't even matter unless we change our approach, we ain't doing ish special. Keep that bullet jive up.
Speaker 3: Myself included Hey, look Joe, what he said, Michel Robinson. He may be feeling the way he played twenty six minutes, four point six rebounds, but man, get Charlie Crittit. Okayo them boys. No Charlotte bean balling man, they didn't shoot the light ball. Let him tell you something. Let me tell you something. Charlotte is a scary team right now. They are playing great. I watched a lot of this game to night. I love Canipple, the way he plays. He had twenty six and eleven to night. Unh you got Brandon Miller who had twenty one, You got Lamello who had twenty two, and Miles Bridge is seventeen. I like how they play. They got great chemistry, un Oyo. I'm talking about they play together. They play the right way, and they got guys who are just flat out balling, bro. Like they can beat anybody right now in the East. They can beat anybody. They shoot the three ball.
Speaker 1: They made they make twenty six threes the other night they they damned make fifteen to twenty.
Speaker 3: Or you're talking about they shoot the three ball. I'm talking about they shooting the left off that thing. You hear me, Yeah, I'm talking about I'm talking about I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Hey, look I was so press watching them the night, just the threes that Knipple were taking. He was six for ten from the three, but he was taking some deep threes. Ocho and LaMelo out there just playing quarterback. Just find the guys, man that Joe Joe.
Speaker 4: I ain't never seen nobody shoot that many one legs step back threes and.
Speaker 3: He got he got the most unorthodox game in the NBA.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: It's unauthoredo when I watch him play him like, how is this stuff even going in? But they they look good, bro, They look like they postseason ready.
Speaker 4: They ready to get somebody some trouble. I think they will.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna get what do they They look like they're gona probably be in the playing you think so, Yeah, yeah, they they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Probably be in the player. They might.
Speaker 2: They might surpriss somebody to now I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess for Mitchell Robinson, Okay, I think it's the defensive end that he's talking about. You know, they giving up a lot of points and uh, you know, if you want to compete in this league, especially in the NBA, man, you gotta be able to guard. But I'm gonna tell y'all something, Charlotte they not playing, bro. They they hard to guard. They got a lot of guys that can go off the bounce, create plays, score that ball.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about. Man.
Speaker 3: Their fun team to watch now. You know they used to be a door mat. You know you going to Charlotte oo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah as a win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can go hang out the night we got we got Charlotte tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be good. We're gonna run these boys in the ground. Man, please, you better have your track shoes on. Hey, and you look at the guys they got. They got four, they got four guys that can shoot the three ball. And then they got Kobe White. They picked up from Chicago coming up. I'm talking about. I'm talking about he ain't nothing to be playing with.
Speaker 1: Okay, you no, man, I saw him get a forty a forty ball to the Lakers last year.
Speaker 3: That hey, that's that was probably the biggest pickup that they had to Kobe White. Kobe White like he I don't know if it's because he's back in North Carolina, because you know he played it he played at U n C. But boy, look, he showed comfortable in that Horner's uniform.
Speaker 4: I tell you that. Yep, Joe, who you got for Rookie of the Year. Cooper Flag I.
Speaker 3: Like Carnipple, Bro. I think flag his points. I think Cooper Flag got. I think his points are better because you know they force feed him. Okay, oh Joe, but car Nipple, if you watch him play, nothing's forced. Everything looks like it comes to him easy. He takes shots within the offense like he just out there hoop him.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: I like Carnipple, man, I like, I ain't gonna like see y'all like too.
Speaker 1: Hell, he look like he might have three hundred threes this year. How many threes? He's a mad because he's already got the rookie record.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know how many he'd have made, but I'm talking about he looked good boy.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about Joe. He gotta be like two sixty two easy. Easy. Man had twenty six points and so he had two fifty six two.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about it's quick too. He get that thing off quick. Who you got? Who you got for Rookie of the Year? You going? I think I think they won't. I think they won't plag No, they won't flag. But why not do a but listen to this, Oh Joe, why not do.
Speaker 4: Co what you give? Give them cold like you did Grant.
Speaker 3: He'll two ex teammates from Duke. You know, get do just do cold again, dude, Duke Duke Cole Rookie of the Year because Canipple he makes he's definitely worthy of it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. And he got a better and they got a better record than that. They're gonna be in the player. They could possibly make the playoffs. Yeah, they already to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, they got nine games to go and what they are now and.
Speaker 1: He has two hundred and fifty the nine games left and he has too, he has two hundred and fifty three made threes.
Speaker 4: And where they are they in like the ten spot, ninth spot, then the eighth the time right? Yeah? Yeah, man, they get Duke Cold Rookie of the Year. You know it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Tom do a good friends. They enjoy it. They enjoy it, uh Joe.
Speaker 1: They two games back up from the fifth seed, so they can they can make the playoffs. Forget play in they could be in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: They're playing good bro, I'm talking about They fun to watch now, like usually don't. I don't even tune in to watch the Hornets. But what mister Robinson doing?
Speaker 4: What do you do? Man?
Speaker 1: This man got a toenail in his hand, talk about i'mnna keep it. Anybody want to sign toenail? Y'all had a toenail come out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the big the big toe from stopping the start.
Speaker 3: You play, if you play any sports boy, you have a toenail?
Speaker 4: Come on? Oh yeah, and all them people have stepped on you with themselves studs. Ah, it's cold man.
Speaker 1: I showed the shout of make god dang it heard difference they made for I made the walk, not you.
Speaker 2: I don't think that pay us the pain boy.
Speaker 5: People will not understand having somebody step on your foot with seven toes, seven studs.
Speaker 4: You mean are you?
Speaker 2: Are you at home and you get up and your pinky toe hit the corner of the wall.
Speaker 4: Kick that bed? Man? You get mad? Get it?
Speaker 3: I get mad? Wake wake up? How you putting the How you putting the bed right here?
Speaker 4: Hey, it'll bring Tessy eyes.
Speaker 1: By man that Joe. I'm I'm gonna move. We're gonna move on past this store here. Hey Joe, oh Joe, check this out. A concerned boyfriend has been tweeting and searching for his girlfriend since she left to Houston.
Speaker 4: Man, she's in Houston. Check this out.
Speaker 1: He tweeted, Uh, my girl still in Houston. Bro, my girl still in Houston. All the flights out of Houston delayed. It's not funny anymore. This be still in Houston.
Speaker 2: Hey chalk that went up? Yeah, somebody, Hey, chalk that went up about my my girl.
Speaker 4: The word mine.
Speaker 3: It sounded like ownership and she answering her phone either or a text.
Speaker 2: Man, you got you got to come to social media to look for.
Speaker 4: You know what going on what's going on?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know one thing. I don't change that to know.
Speaker 4: What's going on. She answering the phone text message. Hey, hey, you don't talk about I am called for five days?
Speaker 3: Man, the man, you know my phone, my phone is do y'alll for five days?
Speaker 2: Oh hold on, they got they got a new one. Not too now, it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, airplane mode. So let me ask your question.
Speaker 4: So how the kids get in touch with you? So you ain't talking to your kids to five days?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, Hey, I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking if all buddy Man gone, chunk of the deuces.
Speaker 4: Bro. Now look first he's gonna come back.
Speaker 3: Now, if you take up back, that's gonna be all on you.
Speaker 4: Hear me, that's on you. Man. That thing wide open over there.
Speaker 1: Probably when you get back, that thing is gonna be like a skateboard and an airplane. Hangar, I'm saying, man, she been going down long. Hey boy, listen, but I know I'll tell you what thing.
Speaker 4: I ain't going on social media to look for anything.
Speaker 1: Hey, gotta check this out, man, tighters got out what t is ain't gonna get it. I gotta keep out here because if somebody else but uh, but but Teddy Bear and thad os Hey guys, uh, hey, man, because somebody find my dog man, I play a knight reward. I ain't getting no damn social media talking about my girl bad please.
Speaker 4: Damn Hey, uncle Joe.
Speaker 2: The game is the game now, Hey, the game has always been the same and the game has never been felt.
Speaker 4: But the better you learn to play it, the better off it's gonna be. I can just boy look at it.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh if it ring it, okay, there's a chance.
Speaker 4: But with that thing, the person that you call does not have boys missing.
Speaker 2: Hey, what if you text and instead of being blue is green?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But yes, you you got to do that the stir bode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that hurt, bro, And then everything started playing in your mind on what you could be doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you remember when you got a You gotta chalk it up to the game, bro.
Speaker 5: He remember when Yeah, I was there in the nights that bringing.
Speaker 1: Huh, well a by you on. I've been shotting the hall many times. Hey talk Yeah, so he can stop calling. So I didn't do what I need to do. I can't concentrate he blowing you.
Speaker 2: He concentrate calling.
Speaker 5: That's a cold game, boy, Hey, a Joe.
Speaker 4: It's been a cold game.
Speaker 2: It's been a cold game, especially when you've been when you've been two staying. You know, when you're the two for a very long time, you're very hesitant to want to be one when you understand how cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a cold game. You don't want to attachment. Man, You just you know you won't gonna have a little fun, you know. Sticky move, sticky move. That's it.
Speaker 4: A younger Joe.
Speaker 2: No responsibility, you mean I ain't got to deal with on Yeah, I ain't got to deal with the nagging.
Speaker 1: Nah back, once upon a time, Once upon a time. Guy, you got to talk about that a lot.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about situations when I was in my twenties. Now, when I was twenty, I threw cost into the win. I ain't messed with nobody that was married. If you told me you was married, I'm good because I want to.
Speaker 4: I don't want to. I don't because I know, I know, I know how, I know how married. I know how.
Speaker 1: If I was married and and somebody came up in the I deemed that disrespectful. So if I came up in there, all best. But yeah, alright, so I ain't gonna mess with nobody married. Now, just be up front, you see it. Let me make a decision. Let me make a decision. Let me say, okay, I want to deal with this situation or I don't. But don't get me. And then all of a sudden, you you're that knock at the door. No, I go to the bathroom. I go to the bathroom. You know, I peeped round the corner and you on the phone. You ain't talking to your kids because you talk to your kids in front of me. M what you you out with your girls? And then you see me coming bye? Oh no, I already know what time it is. Okay what you just just just keep it a buck. I ain't gonna say. You know, I might be, you know, because I want somebody, somebody coming.
Speaker 4: Up to me. You know, I be like na man, you know I wouldn't do no mess like that. Bro, we just we your free years. How long you been knowing them? Man?
Speaker 1: I ain't probably like seven inches ago?
Speaker 4: Seven years? Seven years? Come on?
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on, come on. I'm sorry. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Seven years, seven years, seven years. Bro, sim hey better, I'm going to here. I got the Hello, I'm go ahead, I'm sorry I met seven years ago.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're gonna laugh now because we've been able to experience it.
Speaker 2: The sum is not gonna be fun, but when you live long enough, you get in.
Speaker 4: Yes, you get it. Everybody everybody got God.
Speaker 1: If I don't care, I don't care who you are. The sad thing is is that the player talking about he ain't never been got because he's not even enough to believe that he happened.
Speaker 4: He just don't know it.
Speaker 5: Sometime you to get him. Sometime you're the one who get gotten.
Speaker 4: Happens every time, Joe.
Speaker 1: Hey, sometimes you catch the touchdown on top of the guy head.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you get an innocend. Hey, the game is the game.
Speaker 1: H better be start with your joking, y'all. See y'all. Jack's Outen Sweden had made headlines with an official declaration sex as a sport, with plans already underway for a tournament. The surprising move has sparked the base about the boundaries of what qualifies as a sport and how it challenges traditional views on both sexuality and athleticism a sport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot because there's that there's so many different ways it can happen. There's so many different ways it can be done. Yeah, me, it can be a sport because it's a skill set. When it comes to a sport, there are different sets in that skill sport, and you know, different the different skill sets in the sport that specifies who makes work. Why why does uh Jason Tatum, you know, get a three three hundred dollars jail? Why does the six man come off the bench not get as much skill set?
Speaker 4: What they can't do?
Speaker 2: You know, anything happens in the sport that they talk about.
Speaker 4: Now, that's going to be very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love it too. This is right up my alley.
Speaker 4: This is right what you mean what do you mean right up? You participate? You're partaking this?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't partake. I won't partake it. I'm just saying it with great understanding in that area, that's my area.
Speaker 4: In your twenties, you would, Yeah, twenty four second clock go off.
Speaker 3: I'm gone, iver, I tell you what, I bet that twenty four second clock couldn't catch.
Speaker 4: Men as a sport. Bro Like that's.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, these countries man, they go, I mean there and this is what they're saying, what the way we used to look at sex and what we think?
Speaker 4: It was taboo? You couldn't talk about sex. Now they couldn't talk about you couldn't talk about that. The clothes. I mean that was I mean back then when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: You know Daisy Duke, you know, you had the Dukes and Hazard And when Daisy Duke came out in shorts, boy, that was a big old thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Do you know how mad? Oh man? That boy?
Speaker 1: You couldn't I mean, that was that was it. And maybe a halt to talk, that was it. But but but but them them string but knnies and the cat corner in that but no, no survey.
Speaker 2: And all that was frown then back then, Oh my god, it was.
Speaker 3: It was because you never because you didn't see it. You didn't see it as much nowadays. Man, you go to a swimming pool or beach, boy, you they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Have club, Hey Joe, everything that you saw, everything that you saw in Victoria's Secrets, of Frederick's Hollywood.
Speaker 4: You go to a club. I see that, no question, Hey Joe.
Speaker 2: You know the funny thing about it, depending on where you live, like in Miami, you ain't got to be in the club.
Speaker 3: You ain't got down the street. Oh yeah in Miami. Yeah, you can go to CVS or Walgreen.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, Uncle Joe, I went. I went to the game that I went to the game today.
Speaker 4: What game? Oh the soccer game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brazil and France's a little friendly. I mean Brazil lost to one to France. I got friends probably win in the World Cup. But I went to my I went to you know, cam Bodia took me to a place I'd never been to, a something called Mike Giano's.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: It was a little Italian spot.
Speaker 4: You talking about my Gianos the change, That's what I just said. Yeah, it's a chain. Yeah it is like Okay, I I ain't know that.
Speaker 2: This was my first time. It was my first time.
Speaker 4: Okay. It was good. It was good. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't want to I bet it was unbelievable. What'd you have the chicken parm What I had?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey, I had chicken chicken feather chini and I added shrimp to it. I had a shrimp. Hey, if you ever had the bread there that they give you when they bring.
Speaker 4: It to the table some garlic bread it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what kind of bread that was, but I asked the man for the recipe. You wouldn't get it to me.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, I went this one place I'm talking about. This was a very I mean this this this this Italian place. I don't know if you ever heard of it. It's called like Olive Garden. Oh man, that thing five who olive Olive Garden?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's another chain restaurant.
Speaker 4: You ain't never been.
Speaker 2: Joe's a real restaurant.
Speaker 4: For real, it is, that's a real restaurant. No.
Speaker 1: But but if you talk about like like Raios, where you probably got to know somebody. I mean, you can't get in there unless you know somebody. And wait, listen, probably without knowing somebody, you might have to wait six months to a year.
Speaker 2: For a restaurant. Yeah, what's so special about it? Because I know you never been in there.
Speaker 4: I ain't up been there.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's it's a very small and somebody owned all the tables there, so you have to know somebody that owns. Yes, somebody owned the tables. I mean you probably what about twenty thirty people could sit there at the time.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's why. Okay, okay, hey, where where's that?
Speaker 4: It's in New York. They probably tax him to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hey, it sounds like something to mob probably own.
Speaker 4: Huh. Well, let's be right along. It's time for it's time for our final segment the evening. It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, hey, I'm gonna try that. I'm gonna try to all of God, I'm gonna try that one day. Yeah, they got that in Miami too long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah they do. I'm sure they do. I'm gonna try that before we get to our super chance. We got video boards mail from our discord. This one comes from Ihou Trail. Let's take a listen to what he had to says.
Speaker 4: What's up, O, Joe? Joe?
Speaker 6: I know y'all see them Hawks, Boy boy, they're almost the fifth seed. Now they're playing the basket Visions. Beat the Pistons. Wa ta think about them Hawks. They're gonna make a run or not, Joe?
Speaker 4: I know you let what you mean? I mean I mean about beating the Pistons.
Speaker 3: Man, please man, listen. Hey, look, we can't help who they got out there playing now.
Speaker 2: You're me I understand, but you also got to be really well.
Speaker 3: We are being realistic because they ascending at the right time. O Joe, you see, I mean you said the same thing. You said the same thing about cher Chier. Now we don't let it go. Now we're not already talked about that. Now we're talking about the NBA Sem Game Series. Listen, we ain't gonna be in no playing I know that we're gonna get us a good seed, and I promise you it ain't. It ain't many teams out there who want to see them Hawks. Man, they playing great. I'm talking about great basketball. I'm talking about we got a multitude of ca putting up great numbers. Whether it's the Alexander kid who has been tremendous this whole season. We know what JJ's been doing, Jaylen Johnson and CJ McCullum, who I think when the postseason hits, well, he's the one who's gonna make the huge difference because he keeps everything kind of mellow, chill, even things, even when things are a little erradic. He knows how to stay poised and patient and get and get to his spots to where he can get a bucket or make the right play. I love the team that we have, and the dudes has been playing They've been playing great basketball for probably the past month or so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got a good chance to do something special. I gotta got a chance, you know what.
Speaker 1: God I was thinking, Oh, Tue, you got me thinking about Italian I mean, I can't remember the last time I had Italian food. I can't remember, no, possible, none, Nah, I don't. I mean, I'm just just give me some steak and I'm good. I mean when I when I work at CBS, I was like all the steakhouses I heard of. So I went to Peter Lugers a couple of times. I went to Sparks. Uh, I went the Keynes, I went to Ben Benson's.
Speaker 4: Uh. So I was just tried all all the steakhouses. Yeah yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: But a good friend Nobody, Tracy, Tracy Pearlman, she worked in the NFL office. She had me off, so we's at Todd Boudakhan was at all these different.
Speaker 3: I don't I think, I know, I know Tracy. She got like the little mold right there. No, no, no, no, I know you're talking about. I think she kind of short of light skinned lady.
Speaker 4: No she y'all you name you, just name it off.
Speaker 5: Restaurants, man, Hey, uncle Joe, I got to expand my palette or something.
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, I got the same rotation in restaurants when I'm in Miami and I ain't changing, like thirty some years.
Speaker 4: I like what I like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see okay, see exactly.
Speaker 1: So y'all, breakfast breakfast, give me all things being equal, Joe, oh, Joe and Joe. Give me when you say breakfast, you want to eat it in the morning or you want to eat breakfast.
Speaker 4: I can eat it any time. I can eat.
Speaker 1: I can eat grips, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes.
Speaker 4: I can eat it any time of the day. Same that, same any time.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I love about the side rips. Well I got we got a bunch of restaurants. We got to try the pancakes.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: I love peggs. Yeah, I'm il pay. I love pancakes too. They gotta be good, though. I like the edges a little crispy. Yeah, I like my hedge little crispy. I don't like I don't like my pancakes too salt.
Speaker 4: I'm going damn nine, so you can't say who? All right, all right, all right, all right, hey look you know what.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, as I'm watching the game, I said, man, the dude gon throw a parade.
Speaker 4: They gonna have the running of the bulls. You know. Yeah, y'all know.
Speaker 3: I know y'all gonna pull out all the Benah Joe, Joe. You know you're the first one. Yeah, I know, I know who I'm dealing with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was I came on the show very you came on here with that old that that bull jib. That's what you came on with. Yeah, yeah, you and you.
Speaker 3: Aren't as Jordans. I see, I see what's going on. I see everything that's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm on your side.
Speaker 1: No, the Beverly Wilshire, they got a restaurant in there, they got they got the best.
Speaker 4: That's what we used to stay in. I love the Beverly wilshim Hey. Yeah, y'all, y'all too rich for my blood.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the team that the team I played, teams I played on l A.
Speaker 4: We stayed at the Wilshire.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, I thought you said I think we should we should stay at the Beverly Wilshire.
Speaker 4: Oh no, hey, that's uh the Julia Robertson Richard movie Woman. That's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's too much for me. Now when I do go to l A, there is one place I go get breakfast when I do. I don't frequent la often, but I always go to Toast on Third Avenue, right by the bed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but what do you call him? Just got the James Beard of War. Uh for breakfast, silver spoon, the servant spoon. Excuse me, service spoon?
Speaker 4: Hey right there? Off?
Speaker 7: H God, damn it, it's serving spoon, good man. Yeah, I like the service spoon. I ain't never been, but I'm I'm gonna get there. Kevin Cowboy fan, Hey, oh your ey? So this Saturday is my baby girl's eighth birthday. She's a swimmer, also a cheerleader. Can you guys wish Genesee a happy birthday? Absolutely? Cav thank you for watching Genesee.
Speaker 4: Hopefully.
Speaker 2: Hey you turn it to Katie thea decy and what you do.
Speaker 1: And cheerleader already know maybe you'll be a a what's the movie that Gabrielle Union need?
Speaker 4: What the cheerleader movie? Step up? Bring it on, Bring it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hopefully you're you know, katienly Decky at Gabrielle Union and bring it on. But congratulations, Happy birthday baby, You're unbelievable. I know your dad is extremely extremely proud of you, and we here at Nightcap we're extremely proud of you as well. So happy eighth birthday and good luck in your swim meets and your cheerleading. Hey cav thank you for the support, bro, Sir Kevin bot Night. Oh Joe, I have the dumbest joke with someone, say their cold tell them to stand in the corner.
Speaker 4: Is not the degrees? I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, d seven seven seventy seven, alight sold, nothing personal, all business.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You can't say March or madness. As a matter of fact, call it November gladness because it's gonna be gold. You're gonna be gold the month you finally be glad. Your team play again next season. Bear down.
Speaker 4: Anybody got jokes on this man, It's just that that kind of yoe you and you were popping it, Joe.
Speaker 2: You was popping it for a little minute by being no king ice. So this and King Ice so that and all of a sudden the defeat.
Speaker 4: You win, they tied me winning. I already know it. Yeah, but it is okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Ju ju jitsu, whoop pig. Y'all kill it, affre it for truly, don't miss a. Pod Rogan is still number two, pod Ice, So you're my favorite hog Bro.
Speaker 4: You killing it, you Bro, appreciate that. Thank you for the support. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's gonna stay a little bit, Jojo wake up in the morning. Didn't realize you know what. Damn, I ain't got no more.
Speaker 4: We're gonna We're gonna move on. We're gonna move I got I got my house.
Speaker 3: Getting ready for the playoffs, so I still got something to look forward to.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Star Wars detailed service.
Speaker 4: Go ahead on Yoe, what you say?
Speaker 2: I asked George, me and him. We're gonna go to the game.
Speaker 3: Y'all watched the take Tyree's versus the guys can say. I didn't even man game. I was watching these games too, but we'll go back.
Speaker 4: Uh put on the show though, Tank Hey, both of them to the Singing Boy for sure.
Speaker 1: Dennis Hatley, we need Nightcap in Oklahoma bringing y'all know that ain't but a couple of hours from when I went to Collegeville.
Speaker 4: So yeah, hey, Joe, you know I went to I went to Linton. You went to.
Speaker 5: My my freshman year. Yeah, I was there with Matthew Hatchett. And you probably don't know matt You remember Matthew Hatchett on I do pay for the vikings I was. I was the read first redshirt freshman. Matthew Haert. Matthew Hatchett was on the team with me at last. Yeah, my dumb egg thrown out for fighting?
Speaker 4: Oh man, what happened?
Speaker 5: I never get a unk. The president at that time was doctor Ernest Holloway.
Speaker 4: What what y'all fighting for? And somebody stole not my per diem?
Speaker 2: What you call it?
Speaker 4: A little money?
Speaker 2: You get your little money from mom?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It wasn't that much, Joe, but I felt I fed up rich, I fed out rich.
Speaker 4: And it was in my room.
Speaker 2: Only one person has access to the room. Unk, where is my money?
Speaker 4: That I know?
Speaker 2: I put him to draw? Where's my money? I never forget?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm not sure what my big home hee is.
Speaker 2: He was from Oakland. Big Steve I don't know if you see this, Big Steve, if you still with us, you know, God willing, I mean, reach out to your boy. Man.
Speaker 5: It's been a very long time. Obviously, I haven't seen you since nineteen ninety six. If you're still here with us, I mean, you know the story we got into it. You know, we got the tufts, and we got the fighting, and I got in trouble. I had, I had, I had a ring on my hand by accident. And because you have a ring on your hand by accident, I mean, I mean, you're not supposed to be fighting like that. And he got a little cut.
Speaker 2: Look cut man, mister Holloway, say listen, we don't we don't, you know, condone this kind of behavior here at Lincoln University. And then he send me, send me right back to Miami.
Speaker 4: And that's how another word, you lumped him up.
Speaker 2: I ain't say all that. I'm trying to be very respectful of the situation that happened.
Speaker 4: You told the story. You don't put the man, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm putt I'm putting the name out there because I would love to I would love to connect again after so so many damn years, Big Steve, Well, if you out there, but I don't know if you're still stay in the Bay Area or not. But if you at Man, please get at the boy man on Instagram or it'd be good to catch up.
Speaker 4: I say, Noah, like you said, too much time paying years like you said he said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I would just tell I would just tell you. You know the circumstances of why I bounce.
Speaker 4: From but he But if he stole from you, Jo, he deserved it. Now he deserved to get locked up.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, Joe we in college.
Speaker 4: I know it's tight too. You know that that money I need know it.
Speaker 2: I got to be.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you know what you can tell when somebody get that pair of grin they are eating every night. Soon that money getting lowder. You stayed right back into cafeteria. You must be You must be down, ain't you.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget Broy. You know who went to school with me to Roy Williams system, This.
Speaker 4: Real Cowboys or the Receiver Cowboys, wrote Williams. Okay, she would with me, man.
Speaker 2: They had a huge, not a huge following of students that are were from Chicago at the time. Oh, I wish I could connect with all them people.
Speaker 4: Good days.
Speaker 1: Boy, Clifford Buzby, Oh your eyes sold. Put some respect on Illinois. Don't ever say we're going to lose. Just sorry as Houston go on line. Now, y'all put that up on them, bro Cliff, y'all did that thing they did.
Speaker 4: Drew jiu jitsu eighty three. I so woo pig love, y'all woo pig man. Stay locked in, bro. You know you're a fan.
Speaker 3: Man, You're a fan. Youos team be a fan even when things ain't going so well. Man, we locked in.
Speaker 4: I feel I feel it. Joe, I'm with you. Yeah, we good? Hell yo, oh Joe? What about that being on Joe up here? He got they the people are thing in me. I can't talk about that. I can't. I ain't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't control the outcome of this. I'm the men whenever when we're doing something, I control that.
Speaker 4: What a bell? Why you had to get the belt put up right now? Joe's put up right now?
Speaker 1: Good, keep it up at the crowd. He got the he got the belt laid down there, he got the crowd.
Speaker 4: Clopped it the side on your come out to the time. It's it's it's hard, it's hard. It is.
Speaker 3: I told you heavy is the head that wears the crowd. I told y'all, see you know what I'm saying. I come with that, man, I come with that.
Speaker 4: We good seventy five sec my, But I sold rolling with you tonight. I lost my bag. I need some back. I need that my back. Jack go valls great. Oh man, he lost some money. Huh yeah, it's all good, bro. He can get his money back, though. You gonna get it back damorrow.
Speaker 2: Bet with Michigan. Bet with Michigan to win.
Speaker 3: But I'm not na I tell you how he can get his money back. He bet me against you, me whooping your ass. That's how he can get his money back. He put down on that play. He put that down.
Speaker 4: He gonna get his money back.
Speaker 2: I tell you, I tell you what if he put that play down and he bet with you to beat me, well, he gonna be mad two times. We're gonna be mad twice. Because it's one thing when it come to these when it comes to these hands.
Speaker 4: Hear me. They registered out there in Vegas for a reason and knocking, and they considered the lethal weapon for I told.
Speaker 3: You, man, I don't get what there what they registered in Listen, a knockout gonna be worth double.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hook my man up. Knock got paid double double, knocked out double. Yeah, that's why we're bet to fight. When you knock out, play double.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 5: The funny thing that the knockout mostly happens, like when when somebody get tired, you know, and you don't like discipline with your defense. But Joe, all that stuff, Joe, I'd have perfected that crab. Joe, I'm so disciplined, you know, when it comes to combat sports. I don't even think you get a punch in.
Speaker 4: Honestly, man, you got what you got on ing love.
Speaker 1: Hey nine camam, give us your mouth Rushmore in game dunkers in NBA history, uh Blake Griffin, doctor j Mike Kemp, Bron Dawkins, Wilkins, others.
Speaker 4: He ain't got Vince Carter in the Mari started Maya. Vince uh Sean Kemp definitely was an in game dunker.
Speaker 1: And man, yeah, well I think you damn all as far as the in game dunkery.
Speaker 2: What about DeAndre That don't count because he's so damn tall.
Speaker 4: I mean, he caught a.
Speaker 1: Couple of bodies, but he ain't like I think Doctor j Got, I think Vince Carter, Sean kemp Man, Sean kemp was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was different. He was different.
Speaker 1: And game because Dominique was was double pumping back with we'll catching We'll catch your body. Hey man, dude free you know who?
Speaker 4: You you know who? A guy that don't get credit for.
Speaker 1: And he's a better endgame dunker than he would have been in the dunk contest.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but did he just do the same dunk?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 5: But I'm saying he don't call bodies with that same dunk. Oh, Okay, I see what you mean. I'm I'm thinking about when we talk about end game dunkers. I'm thinking about creativity. Well, ain't no creativity on dunk cause you just you just bam.
Speaker 4: It on people.
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand what you mean.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 1: I mean I mean yesterday, I mean thinking about it. He got how many people he got yesterday? A man he called old boy for euro step with the left hand. That's impressive in forty one, that's impressive, fellas, and then hit them with the layup. Got fired to talk about both of you. Yeah, Sheldon Pope said, IO is hosting. Are you hosting any events in Atlanta four four day? And are you inviting hold on winners for Old Day? And to answer your second part of your question, hell, now invite no Joe.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, listen, hey Joe, you know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Joe, I'm gonna show up. I'm gonna just show up on FaceTime.
Speaker 4: Y'a'm in town.
Speaker 2: And you've seen the airport in Atlanta. Ain't nobody trying to be sitting on No.
Speaker 4: Five six thous.
Speaker 2: Hey? Hey, TSA, Hey, what's up? Ts A man?
Speaker 4: People ain't coming say they ain't getting paid? Old Joe, what you want to do?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I'm just saying, but you have to understand. You know, y'all were screaming at me for not coming to Magic City night And the god damn line at ts A was six was a five hour away.
Speaker 4: You'd have been pitched off. You probably don't stay here a couple of days.
Speaker 1: That ain't got nothing to do with you, That wasn't got nothing to do with you, that wasn't ain't no line to get off the plane again.
Speaker 4: Huh. There ain't no lie together play where if it? Let you do that?
Speaker 1: HP two zero one two oh, Joe, gotta put that fifty nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, hey, hey, I'm gonna put it in there cause you know, the Lord don't like noise. Man.
Speaker 4: I like my buddy too. I got you.
Speaker 2: I told you I'm here for emergency situations.
Speaker 1: Jordan the goat ninety six. Jordan did nothing wrong. I t one salty old man. Keep crying, bear down on your head top ice. So look like I said. I mean, you know, you hear stories and say it did happen. They say it didn't happen. Whatever it is, whatever, whatever is done, ain't no undoing it. It ain't no undoing it. It's like when you know, somebody get popped for steroids or something and somebody else get the medal. Well, I don't miss my opportunity to get hear my national anthem playing at the top of the podium. You bringing me a medal ten fifteen, twenty years later?
Speaker 4: What the hell that? What good is that?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 4: None?
Speaker 1: I don't get no heroes welcome when I come home. I didn't get to stand on top of the podium and hear my national lamp.
Speaker 4: You rob me or that? That's what it's about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand one of the gold medal, but hey, the whole thing is the world to hear me stand up on that top step and to hear my my my national anthem. So I don't really know even if they were to give them a gold medal, which they're not. I'm we're just speaking hypothetically here. There ain't nothing gonna undo what's been.
Speaker 4: Done that many. We will take our reparations though, that would that will help us a twenty eight style? What's up all Charlotte winning now?
Speaker 1: Because they got my Duke boys down there teaching them how to win as a brotherhood.
Speaker 4: They changing the culture. They are, Yeah, they are. They look good.
Speaker 3: They look good. They look like they got a bright future. If they can keep them them core guys together who are playing well, obviously make the playoffs. Hey man, Charlotte gonna be in a good, good place.
Speaker 4: JTV oh Jo loved the show.
Speaker 1: Use the name Jay question for Isol Tracy McGrady said, you called him late in his career. What do you think you would have done with t mac if you could have got played with him before the injury?
Speaker 3: Man, I see, I'm a sponge bro like any any of them dudes, Because I grew up idolizing you know, the Jordans, the Penny Hardaway, Penny who I played with for four years, t Max who I played with four year.
Speaker 4: I just used to ask a lot of questions.
Speaker 3: I never challenged them dudes in one on one Penny, t Mac, I never challenged none of them. I just always asking information on how I could better my game. Okay, o yo, you know what I mean, Like, show me something when they throwing that double and triple team on me? Man, how can I still get open and give me a you know what I mean and get to it. So it's just a little stuff like that, bro that they having them type of events around. Who then led the league and scoring? Who'd then have been super icon of the game? That uh man, just be a sponge, asked a lot of questions. Just try to get some game from him. That's what I was trying to do.
Speaker 4: Uh Alan Fancher say twenty three, we went the whole show.
Speaker 1: I wasn't supposed to say basket all.
Speaker 3: Right now, Hey, look look, look, look go don't hear y'all hear y'all fun tonight, y' don't hat y'all fund.
Speaker 1: He man, I told you that what a couple of years ago his team would lose. I said, oh what YO said? Your team lost?
Speaker 4: You can't say foot or ball man, don't let the bra yeah or the Ravens. He come over here and talk. You know, Oh yeah, bad that joke of there. Roddy M. Say, what's up, nightcap.
Speaker 1: Pretend you're gm building and starting line up around your prime using players in history. But you can't say players that you've played with already. So Joe, if you're gonna pick a U BIL, look at starting line up, who you play? He said, I can't big players that I play with. Yep, all right, I'm going I'm going I'm going Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Cold.
Speaker 3: I'm probably gonna put them at the one end or two. We're gonna be We're gonna big line up. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna probably go with uh oh. I'm probably gonna go with Katie Nah. I'll probably go Yeah, I'll probably go Katie at three, I go uh at my four. I probably probably go with a big I'll probably go Tim Duncan, Tim Duncan, and you know I got to have the big Aristotle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me shock bro.
Speaker 2: That's a good that's a good squad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, who you gonna with something to behold? Man? What you were are? Five? Uh?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 4: Who are your five? H He's going Bron, I'm going I'm going, Oh you're broad Brown at the three.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go broad at the three, Jordan at the two, Magic at the point when be at your foe and then yo kicks watch no no, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm tried to win one game magic. Jordan's mhm, broun duncan shack. I don't know too many people who ain't gonna have shacking now. The dude was just filthy. Bro.
Speaker 1: It's like if you if you got to say like you like in today's game, Yeah, I would take Steph Jordan's broun.
Speaker 4: Yo kitchen kd mm hmmm mm hmm. That's a good that's that's that's that's a nice file. I don't know. Ain't nobody beating us? I don't know about that. Boy. You know how many, but you know how many who go who gonna come Steph?
Speaker 1: Because you're gonna have to come down there and double because I got I got too great pass, I got Lebron and you who he gonna Who's Steph gonna guard don't worry about it. He's gonna be banking. He gonna be banging so many three. He ain't gotta guard nobody. Hey, the fridge found out. Who's Steph gonna guard? Don't worry about it. Who go guard him?
Speaker 4: Out here? You let your boy Luca?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I got Jordan, step I got Jordan steal I get, I get, I get Luca again. Luca and Luca come off the bitch Bummy. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. Thank you guys for joining us. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite, uh my partner and co host Cincinnati Great Ring of Fame Arnoy, a former Pro Bowl and an All Pro that is Chad Ocho Senko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three y'all knowing University of Arkansas lum seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks and recently nominated for the Basketball Hall of Fame ISO Joe Sir Johnson.
Speaker 4: Please please please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support those look at the purchase a Battle of Shade by Laportier. Head over to laportier Kanyak dot com if you you cannot find it any state or city near you. It is a premium v so p Kanyak the best tasting, smoothest vel sap Kangyak on the market compared against other kangyaks, and you'll see Shae by Lapotier is the best. Please please drink responsibility and stay safe. We want to thank you again.
Speaker 4: Tonight.
Speaker 1: Arizona, the number one seed in the West, moved on after a twenty one point victory over the Arkansas Razorback and gave cal his worst loss in tournament history. Illinois had beat Houston sixty five fifty five, our defeating.
Speaker 4: Nebraska seventy seven seventy one.
Speaker 1: The clutch the most important basket of the night out of a time out, Nebraska only had four players on the court, breakaway layup and won really put the game out of reach. And the closest game of the night, the perdue boiler Makers take down the Texas Longhorn on a misshot late the ball game. The tip put back give them the victory seventy nine seventy seven as they move on, I want to thank you guys for watching tonight. We'll see you back to Beget tomorrow night. After the game ends. He's oh, cho, he's alright. So thank you guys for joining us.
Speaker 4: Yes,