Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: George Nori back with Charlotte King as we talk about earthquakes and earthquake predictions. This feeling that you have, Charlotte, the ringing in the ears, the pain in the back of your neck. How severe does it get?
Speaker 3: Well, let's put it this way.
Speaker 4: They I was at in Sacramento, I was on a first name basis with most of the hospital emergency rooms.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that dad.
Speaker 3: Huh, it gets pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on the area, though, Like in Salem, when I was here, Saint Helen's was really my problem, biggest problem, and I could still feel the Sierra stuff. But when I moved to California, Saint Helens wasn't quite as bad.
Speaker 2: But boy, the Sierras was awful medically speaking. Why does this happen to you?
Speaker 3: They don't know.
Speaker 4: They really have no clue. They don't even know what the origin is of the sounds I hear. They've done testing. They brought spectrum analyzers to my home. They can measure it on a spectrum analyzer, but they can't record it audibly, and it's They have no idea where it's coming from.
Speaker 2: It's not like made up in your head, is it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: They can pick it up on a spectrum analyzer.
Speaker 2: So they can feel the hums.
Speaker 4: They can see it. They can't feel it, and they can't shoot it, but they can see it.
Speaker 3: They know it's there, yes, absolute.
Speaker 2: And while they're testing that way, you're beginning to hear it right.
Speaker 3: And all the time.
Speaker 4: And I can go into another room and I say, Okay, it went up, it went down, it.
Speaker 3: Started, it stopped, and so on.
Speaker 4: And they would see that same thing on their dual trace spectrum analyzers.
Speaker 2: What does it mean if the loud hume gets louder?
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it doesn't mean much except that maybe the weather is changed, so it's the moisture and eers carrying the sound more.
Speaker 3: Or the ground's wetter.
Speaker 4: But for the most part, when they get overpowering, extremely vibratory, that usually means a figot size quakes coming sooner than later.
Speaker 2: How many people have these symptoms happening and they don't even realize that the earthquake has occurred or is occurring. I think they they don't put they don't put two and two together.
Speaker 4: Let's say, right, and I think they go to their doctors and their doctors say there's nothing wrong with you, and their families begin to think, you know, hey, it's all in your head.
Speaker 3: And if I went.
Speaker 4: Through this, and I know when I started, there was nobody to ask. That was the main reason that I started doing what I am now, because there are so many people out there that are being affected and they don't have any idea what's caused their symptoms, and so I want to have something out there that says, hey, you're not crazy. You really are hearing something, You really are feeling something, and you know, just because the doctor doesn't see it on a cat scan or on an X ray or in your hearing test, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Does the severity of the symptoms mean it's going to happen sooner than later the quake.
Speaker 3: Not always, Sometimes it does, yes.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it just depends. Normally, I'll pick them up, like I said, twelve to seventy two hours before they happen. If it's twelve hours, then the symptoms are more insistent. If it's seventy two hours, they amplify for about two days, they get stronger, and then they kind of level off, and then they might get really really bad twelve hours before it happens, whereas many of the sensitives out there, they'll go into a period.
Speaker 3: Of quiet since that calm before the storm.
Speaker 4: And when they go into that calm before the storm, that's when I really get sick.
Speaker 2: What has been the closest symptoms time wise to the actual earthquake?
Speaker 3: The closest symptoms probably.
Speaker 2: NEXTO what was that you broke up a little bit?
Speaker 3: I think probably Mexico.
Speaker 2: But I mean in terms of the symptoms.
Speaker 3: Oh, the symptoms.
Speaker 2: What's the closest to the moment it happens one day, twenty minutes? How close.
Speaker 4: I can get it?
Speaker 3: It can be.
Speaker 4: Seventy two hours, and then four hours, and then four minutes, and then real.
Speaker 2: Time, what's the closest that's ever happened for you?
Speaker 3: Real time?
Speaker 2: Couple minutes.
Speaker 3: Time when it's happening.
Speaker 2: When it's happening, you're getting the symptoms.
Speaker 4: I'm getting it when it's happening, and I get it two to four minutes before it happens.
Speaker 2: So you really get no notice, No, I no.
Speaker 4: I don't get any break. Like I said, I get like maybe four days, four hours.
Speaker 3: Four minutes.
Speaker 2: Ever been in bed, Charlotte, ready to go to sleep and the symptoms hit you?
Speaker 3: Oh, many, many, many times.
Speaker 2: How do you get to bed? How do you go to sleep?
Speaker 4: I actually i'd sleep very little. I sleep about four to five hours a day as all.
Speaker 2: Now you also use ants, cats and earthworms. Tell me about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, my aunt there most people get ants periodically, and they were always, you know, into everything, and I didn't like them. And then I started watching them and they would come in at the same time my symptoms would start, and then they would disappear and the quake would hit within twelve hours, and I said, wow, they're feeling what I am. And so I started watching the ants and they're they're great. I mean, they're really there's they're as accurate as I am, or at more accurate I am. And they to go to sixty cycle to find them under your coffee pot, under your microwave, under your under a lamp. They lock that sixty cycle hurquency because they're coming on the ground because it's vibrating and they don't make that whole frequency, so they're gravitating towards higher frequency. And so when they get that quietcin set calm before the storm, so to speak. They go back to their nests because they think everything's fine, and then the earthquake hits.
Speaker 2: Now it is the symptoms for an earthquake different from a volcano.
Speaker 3: Yes, what are they? Okay?
Speaker 4: Earthquakes could be any part of your body. Volcanoes are always my brains and heart.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, the headache is all over headache with a volcano, and it goes, at least for myself and many others before the eruption the volcano. You always get pain in the base of your skull on either the right or left side. And that's what I call harmonics, and that's when the magma is moving and coming up getting ready to come up up to the volcano. With earthquakes, it's just an all over headache, or it's on the right side, or it's temple the temple, or it's on the left side. Heart pain with volcanoes is more achy, except for Hawaii, which is sharp little javvy pains. And with earthquakes it can be sharp javvy achy any of the above.
Speaker 2: How do you use cats on this?
Speaker 4: Well, I have cats, I've bloys had cats, but the ones I had back in.
Speaker 3: The excuse me.
Speaker 4: Back in the nineties, they were my roofs that they would get up on the roof before the earthquake and they would sit there. It didn't matter the weather. They wouldn't come down until.
Speaker 3: That calm before the storm.
Speaker 4: And then they would also climb up as high as they could get. I'd find them on top of the refrigerator, opening coverage to get inside the covered above the refrigerator, slamming doors in the bathroom, trying to find a place to hide. And that's a lot of people report that with their animals. Also cats, at least for Oregon, Sidney Valley, California, Big Bear, California, and Japan over six and any quick over seven point five, the cats start throwing up and people think, well, they're throwing up a fur ball, but there isn't a fur ball if they're just sick, and they pick up the same way people do.
Speaker 3: Not everybody, not every.
Speaker 4: Cat, but most of them will Right now. I have one this ultra sensitive, and he gets sick quite frequently. The other ones only before a big earthquake. Are one locally in the sense of Oregon.
Speaker 2: And how about the earthworms? What do they do.
Speaker 4: Well before the spring Break quake here in Oregon in nineteen ninety three. I noticed that there were a lot of earthworms outside on the ground, and I thought that was kind of weird. And then I went to work and they were also on the.
Speaker 3: Ground, and I thought, oh, okay. So I.
Speaker 4: Kind of thought, okay, they'd come up out of the ground, just like when they used to put a magnetom on the ground and crank it to bring the earthworms up so they could use.
Speaker 3: Them for fishing. And it's the same kind of thing.
Speaker 4: And so before the quake in Japan in twenty eleven, ant had come in. There was a batch of a lot of them, but a whole bunch of them, maybe two or three dozen, had gone up on top of the ceiling and they just sat there and they wouldn't leave, and they were.
Speaker 3: There three days.
Speaker 4: And so the more I knew there was going to be a quake in Japan, I was already getting the symptoms and had told people about it, and so I had to go to work.
Speaker 3: And so when I got ready to go to work, I looked up and.
Speaker 4: The answer gone, and I thought, uh oh, And so I went to work, and it was probably three miles my location, and.
Speaker 3: I went out.
Speaker 4: As I went outside to get in my car, my whole driveway was littered with earthworms, and I thought, uh oh, And so I went to work and I got to the office and the sidewalks.
Speaker 3: There were littered with earthworms.
Speaker 4: There were three concrete stairs and then a landing into the doors of my building, and the earthworks had actually managed to stand one on top of another and get on top of that top landing. They had gone up three concrete stairs to get off the ground. And when I walked in the building, the first thing I could get seven thirty in the morning. The first thing I noticed was I could smell popcorn. And there were two stations on each of the two floors, and every single station was popping popcorn at seven thirty.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 2: That is bizarre. Is it a start?
Speaker 3: It really is? It really is. They had no idea why.
Speaker 4: I just laughed about it, and then of course I put out my alert for a Japan that it was definitely a hit. But you know, it's just the idea that people do these things.
Speaker 3: And they don't realize why they're doing them.
Speaker 2: What about aircraft crashes.
Speaker 4: Well, I've noticed for many, many years that before the earthquakes, or even smaller local croakes like in California, like a five or something. Aircraft, at least mostly the ones I noticed most of your assesstens of beachcraft, the smaller craft, and they will.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden lose engine power just prior.
Speaker 4: To landing or just after taking off, and it's like there's.
Speaker 3: A band of energy.
Speaker 4: In that particular area that causes him to lose power. And so I remember talking to our state aeronautics person about it once. He's, oh, that's silly, and I said, have you ever lost power? And he said yeah, And I said what did you do? And he said, well, we had.
Speaker 3: A second alternator and we used that and I said did that work? He said no.
Speaker 4: And so I remember back in nineteen eighty we.
Speaker 3: Had a person fly across the river here in Salem. They lost power, they were able.
Speaker 4: To land without any injuries, and within two hours another plane in the same area and they also lost power. And so it's got to be a frequency thing.
Speaker 2: When you walk by a street light at night, Charlotte, does it go out?
Speaker 3: Not necessarily?
Speaker 4: Well, when I walk under some of them in parking lots, they used to go out yes, mostly the street lights go out when I drive under them. Not so much the lead lights, but the old fashioned photoelectric lights.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you've got some kind of power about your girl.
Speaker 3: I'd no, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: What about car batteries, you say they go out too, well before.
Speaker 4: Now Saint Helen's well, actually after the major eruption.
Speaker 3: It was probably in.
Speaker 4: Maybe nineteen ninety one or somewhere in there, when I lived over in another area of Salem. At least three times that I can remember, my car battery would just be dead. Came out of a store and it was fine when I got there. Twice I replaced the battery. It wouldn't jump start nothing. The third time I said, this is crazy, and the guy that made the batteries at the battery place where I was at, or his company there, he said, yes, that's crazy. I shouldn't do that, And so we waited, and three hours later they started just fine. It was a temporary null, and it's Nate think it wasn't so much maybe the battery as the alternator, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just know that the batteries would be.
Speaker 4: Dead and then they would be okay. I remember one instance, I was expecting an earthquake in in Washington State, and I talked to our state emergency services person, Harvey Latham at the time, and I said, Harvey, let me know you're going to Portland. Let me know if you have seen any cars off the road.
Speaker 3: You're taking ninety nine. He said yes, and I said, okay, let me know if you see any cars off the road. I'm expecting an earthquake in Washington. So he said he would. Well, he never called me back, and so I bet, I can't wait. I've got a call in. So I called him at eleven o'clock at night at home.
Speaker 4: And he laughed and he said, Charlotte, I didn't know what to tell you. And I said, well, what happened?
Speaker 3: He said, well, we were on our way.
Speaker 4: To Portland, and he said we stopped counting at the thirty one vehicles through off the road with their heads up.
Speaker 2: Wow, thirty one.
Speaker 4: He won and he put his wife on an aircraft in Portland to go to California. The plane wouldn't start, so they put her on another plane and she was able to take off, and then the plate hit That next morning. It was a five point zero in Elk Lake, Washington.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more