Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to the Clearinghouse of Hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio A Happy Sunday to you. It's an NFL Sunday, Week ten in the NFL, and we got early action from Berlin. Berlin as the Colts. They're getting saucy there, Colts with Sauce Gardener taking on the Atlanta Falcons. Although you listened to this podcast when you want, and so that might be over by the time you're actually hearing this podcast. You listen whenever you want. It's not like you have to listen first. We don't put out live anyway. But Big Gay, Big Day today. I am looking forward to it. I should be at the Charger game God willing tonight, Chargers and Steelers, and I will likely run into my old comrade, Eddie Garcia. I don't know if Eddie's gonna be wearing a jersey that's half Steelers half Chargers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna ask how does that work for him?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'll find out tonight.
Speaker 3: He is at the one time of the year he actually wears the pants in the family.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I'm leaving goodbye. Yeah, I don't. It's weird because Eddie he usually goes in tailgates with the Chargers super fans, like his wife's like the lead super fan for the Chargers. So are you allowed to party with the Charger people if you're wearing an old Steelers jersey? I don't know. I don't know the rules. And I got my rams play the forty nine Ers today.
Speaker 3: We got that.
Speaker 1: I'm the game I'm most looking for. I guess the Patriots Bucks. To see the Bucks. They're all dinged up, though. Yeah, it's a tougher opponent for the Picts.
Speaker 3: I think that's still going to be the best game of that time slot though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Ravens Vikings should be good to Ravens have to win the Vikings. I don't know what to make of the Vikings. They looked terrible against the Chargers. They came back last week they beat the Lions. JJ McCarthy's who work in progress and all that. And then tomorrow though, on Monday, that'll be a good one, the Eagles and the Packers. But that's not the day. That's tomorrow we celebrate go to an art museum Day. Could you have a worse day to have a holiday thing? Sunday? NFL Sunday? Well, I guess football fans don't go to art museums very much, so it's likely not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't think that national day applies to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not. Well, we have the mail bag and Ohio, al can you get me in the mood? Ohio, please help me out a little bit. It's all right, thank you for that. These are actual questions by actual listeners like yourself, who are loyal minions to the Fifth Hour podcast. And I do see some new names here, which is good. We want new people, we love the old people. I see an old favorite back this week that we have not heard from in maybe a month or so, so that's exciting as well. But right to the mailbag we go. First. One is from Manny from La. He says, this is for Danny g He says, Danny, are the Raiders okay? Now that they've fired their special teams coach? That seems like a cheap shot from Manny Danny. I don't know, I did. I guess the Raiders did get rid of one of their coaches after the game on Thursday against the Broncos. So was that going to fix the Raiders?
Speaker 3: You know, I think we all kind of have the feeling that Gino Smith is a placeholder. Pete Carroll is a placeholder. Most of the coaching staff that he brought in are placeholders. They don't seem like they're there for the long term.
Speaker 1: They paid Chip Kelly a ton of money. He's one of the highest paid offensives they did.
Speaker 3: But you know what they didn't do in the last two drafts get enough O line help. And that's something the Chargers have been dealing with this season as well, as you know, with injuries on your line. And then once jpj hurt his ankle in Thursday night's game, it was done. Once that happened, I'm like, well, Ashton, gents, he's not gonna have any more good runs. They're not going to get in the end zone again. And Gino Smith is not good when he is pressured. You know this a lot of people, a lot of football fans know this from his time with the Jets and the Seahawks. If you could pressure Geno Smith, you're gonna win the game. And the Raiders O line is hurt. It wasn't great to begin with, but then Colton Miller out, a couple other guys out. You got Kappa in there, who was a cast off from the Bengals, and the Bengals have one of the worst o lines. So yeah, just a horrible situation with that offensive line. Stinky offensive Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well the thing too though, This always annoys me because it's always anytime a quarter quarterback gets sacked, it's always well to blame the offensive line. Like Gino's problem is not the Raiders' offensive line. The problem is he doesn't make quick decisions and he doesn't avoid sacks.
Speaker 3: That is a.
Speaker 1: Superpower if you have a quarterback that can avoid sacks. But you can adjust the offense if the offensive line is not blocking that well. And it obviously that happened. I mean, I'm a sitting I obviously people say every time I make this argument, Danny. People say, well, you just defend the fat guys. No. No, I've heard this from coaches that have been in our building who have have said the quiet part out loud. Most of the time, sacks are not the result of bad offensive line. It's the result of the quarterback. It's the It's a quarterback stat, not a stat about the offensive line. Right. And I had a coach laid this out to me years ago about how if you're getting pressured adjust the offense, you make quick throws and you have layered like the root tree where it's layered, and you can neutralize pressure if you can make quick decisions. Gino Smith has not ever been able to make quick decisions. They have the same problem in Chicago, even though the Bears are winning. But we're doing way too much sports Stuffdanny. But Caleb Williams, I blame Manny. It's your fault, Manny schmuck. I'm sorry, I'm kidding, but no, you gotta get rid of the ball quickly.
Speaker 3: That's why I said, if you can pressure Gino Smith, you're gonna win. Because he plays scared. He's not the type of quarterback who steps up confidently in the pocket. He's the kind of quarterback that leans back and throws a pick. And so, yeah, you're right, it's not all on the O line, but it is a combination of having too many holes and you know, a quarterback who can't adjust to the rush being on his heels.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing too about the game, not to go back to Thursday, because I know it's Sunday, we got games today and all that stuff, but the game on Thursday too. The Broncos tried to give you the game like they know the Raiders defense. I don't know the good the Broncos I here, we don't want to win the game.
Speaker 3: Ye a. After all that and a couple of roughing the quarterback calls that were not called. You saw what the Broncos were doing to Gino Smith there in the fourth quarter and getting away with and yet Carlson still had a chance to kick that field goal and tie the game up late in the fourth quarter, misses the kick wide. He's usually a dependable kicker. He has not been this year. The special teams has been horrible. For whatever reason, this year, special teams has stunk to high heavens, and that's why that special teams coach got fired.
Speaker 1: Fired yeah, you know he's he's gone. And I do like the strategy. It's really a bold move. But by the Raiders to use brock Bauers as a decoy, I thought that was true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and remember I said that Gino's the kind of guy who panics. Proof of that is anytime he did actually throw. He was throwing to Locket, who's been on the team for what eight days? Bro you got one of the best receiver in the entire league and you're throwing the ball to Locket.
Speaker 1: He's like, I remember him from Seattle. He used to be good. He's my safety net.
Speaker 3: I know this guy. I've seen enough. Geno Smith. Please give him the hook.
Speaker 1: All right? Give him you give him the bag. Fer dog in Fullerton says, Happy Turkey Month, Ben and Danny, Yes, Ben and Dang, Happy Turkey Month, he says. Are you tired of all the winning yet? Between the Dodgers, multiple World Series, the Rams, Super Bowl, the King Stanley Cup and the Clippers' final four appearances, LA has had like fifty.
Speaker 3: Victory what's wrong with your Clippers?
Speaker 1: Have either of you gone to any of these parades? I have not. I last time I went to a parade I've been to two championship parades in my lifetime. It was during the Kobe Shack years. And the only reason I was there is because I was a roving reporter. Hand to God, Danny at AM eleven to fifty one, we had live parade coverage of the Laker Championship parade and they put me down to interview. Imagine how bad this must have been for people listening. They had me down interviewing fans.
Speaker 3: It was you were, well, this is so long ago, Danny.
Speaker 1: We before they built what is now I guess called La Live across the street from from what used to be called Staples Center. You know that the movie theater. They have a theater. They're at the restaurant's bowling alley, like this big monstrosity.
Speaker 3: Used to just be ghetto streets.
Speaker 1: What was it used to be parking lots when they opened the arena. So this is like a staging area and they were gonna have a They had a rally. This was the rally where Mark Mattson danced like a like a nerdy, like white dude guy you know he is. And then so anyway, the crowd was all assembled at in the parking lots, which is now where La live is in LA and I remember it was so hot. They didn't have enough water, they didn't have enough bad bath rooms, so people were defecating in the back. People were passing out from the heat. It was wild. It was in the summer. They won a championship in late June, and so the parade parade was around there. That's that's the last time, Daddy. Did you take off from work to attend the Dodger championship parade?
Speaker 3: No, I don't go to parades. I have a job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: People that go to No, I mean, look, they must have flexible schedules and jobs and bosses that understand that they're a fanatic and they're not going to go to work that day. But I mean, it's our job to cover sports, so we go to our jobs, so we don't go to parades.
Speaker 1: Yes, I completely agree in any people. When I see people protesting, I don't think, boy, they're doing their due diligence here, they're fighting against the man. I see. These people don't have jobs. That's what I see when I see people at parades. So I'm like, well, these people have job. Ude, I don't know, Hey, if that's your thing. I hear from people that have been to those parades. It's great. There's a lot of if you're a single guy, a lot of women down there. You know, you can flirt with them, and there's a lot of alcohol or whatever. So I have a good time. We need a lot of weed. You have a great time.
Speaker 3: I watched some of it on Spectrum and it's kind of like viewing the game from your couch. It's a much better see at home before I leave to go to my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh. Dex is also how often do you guys consult AI on a daily basis? I say, I barely know a ferkdexs. I barely know how to get out of bed without the help of AI. Uh. Nowadays, I do use AI as a tool. I do use chat Beat what is it? Chat GPT and.
Speaker 3: Rock and your Friend Chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't even know the names of them well, but I I use them. I don't. I've been burned a few times. I use them more for research stuff to cut down on the time it takes to prepare for the show, but it I got it. I often have to double check stuff.
Speaker 3: Nanny, you do you do? I still triple check. I got burned doing an AI over review on a topic that I gave to Covino and Rich and the AI overview said, yeah, that story is legitimate, and so I give it to the guys, and then we find out that the picture was two years old, and AI's overview did not know that. So even with AI, I still double check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's it's bad. I've been burned. I've been you know, some of the instant trivia questions, I'll double check them and they'll give me the wrong answer and then I'll get eight million. You know, I like your show, but you know it's always you screwed that up. I'm like, yes, well, I so my fault, my my producer chat GPT screwed it up or whatever. Your producer Chad who, Yeah, exactly, exactly, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm Chad, I'm Ben's producer.
Speaker 1: Exactly get a producing credit. Lucky Tony writes in and he says, hey, Ben and Danny g shoeless, Joe ain't got s on me. Any foods you fellas try That sounded odd, were great. I've seen pretzel pieces, ice cream. What the f that's from? Tone That actually sounds good because pretzel piece ice cream would combine the most delicious elements you got, sugar and salt and all that, right, Wouldn't that be great? I think that would be wonderful. I think. I don't you know. I'm pretty set in my ways, like most people my age. I try to hit the big three food groups salt, sugar, and fat and mix those in. But there is that bliss point. And I've ranted about this. I don't need to do that here, but there's this point where they spend millions and millions of dollars all these fast food restaurants trying to find They call it the bliss point. And I remember this from doing a rant about it on this podcast a couple of years back when we were doing the Foody fun thing and all that stuff. But there's this point where if they combine the right amount of salt, sugar, and fat that it is addictive. You cannot get. It's kind of like how potato chips have that right mix of oil and salt and the potato and everything, and they put a little sugar in there and then you got you can't just eat a couple of potato chips. You have to eat the whole thing. But food manufacturers spend tons of money to try to find that that right spot. And if you just it sounds odd pretzels and ice cream, But I bet you that's pretty good. But I don't eat a lot of weird crap. I just it's not my that that does sound good. You know what's good? Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon? I'm not no, people love that, but any cover, any fried and covered in chocolate cannot be bad.
Speaker 3: Like I would would eat a roach covered in chocolate.
Speaker 1: Bobby would if I don't know it's in there, I probably have. Don't We eat on average tons of cockroaches and different bugs every year that are allowed to be in our food. Just the right Yeah, just their legs. All right, Reggie, here's a Remember Reggie from Detroit. Reggie has been gone. I don't know where you went. I can see went away from Welcome back, Reggie, he says, Hey, Benedani, he says, do you think President Trump is still buddies with all of his old friends from the nineteen eighties? And he sent me a story here. I guess Trump pardoned Darryl Strawberry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Reggie, I know you're being sarcastic here, and here's it. I'm assuming at one point, I remember when I would go to NBA games. I covered NBA games in the nineties, and every once in a while Trump very rarely left New York. Maybe once in a while he'd come to LA and he was the life of the Everyone wanted a party with Trump, like he was buddies with everybody. He was like the life of that. Must have been an amazing party guy. And so that was a wild time. That was the last actually the eighties and the nineties and the first part of the two thousands. But ever since, like oh, seven o eight, everything is on social media. But back then, if you were a star in the eighties, like you didn't have to worry about social media. You could really get into it. So I don't know who knows, right, he's probably friends with everybody. I know he's friends with Don King and all these old Mike Tyson and all those are all the guys he hang out who would hang out with in New York when he ran Atlantic City and New York City and all that stuff. So I'm sure he's still friends with all of them. Why not. Let's see what's next, you and friends with Danny G. Danny's talked to Trump on the phone, President Trump. You and President Trump are buddies, right twice twice?
Speaker 3: Is nice?
Speaker 1: I have many friends. Didn't he say it was gonna get your raised or something like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, still waiting on it.
Speaker 1: All right, once he gets the government back on track, he'll he'll do that, Big Ben and.
Speaker 3: Danny G Radio right, He's gonna get my snap gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, snap go to Carls Junior. You get a one dollar burger? All right? Well see Quang Quang from Ho Chi Min Vietnam rights. And he says, hey, Ben, what ever happened to the phrase of the week? Uh? Yeah? So the phrase of the week is a staple of the Fifth Ar Pockets. I'm trying to evolve the podcast, Danny. I'm I'm using this as like a test kitchen.
Speaker 3: Where I like Taco Bell. You went to their test kitchen when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: You kiddle Taco Bell. Yeah, Like I try new things. I try to tell different tales of my life. I've tried, as I've talked about earlier here this weekend, I try to pay more attention when I'm out on about. I saw the soccer game with all the guys wearing Amazon jerseys and all that, and the trucks parked all lined up in a row. So I've kind of leaned more into that. I love words and phrases and normally quang. If somebody sends me a phrase or something says, can you do a deep dive on this, I'm more than happy to do a deep dive on it. I do love the origins of words and how things become part of our lexicon. I think it's great and wonderful. And some people have been complaining also because I haven't done foody fun where I give fast food deals and all that. I can bring that stuff back if you want, maybe next Friday, I'll bring ye back. But he also says, did you know? Marching and Chowder society refers to a historical and contemporary concept with roots in the nineteenth century maritime communities and modern instances at universities and other organizations. These groups combine communal meals. This sounds like it's off AI by the way communal meals offer feature they feature chowder. They often feature chowder and marching bands or parades to foster community, social connection, and school or local Pride. Examples include historical societies in New England, a group called the University of Rhode Island, and a formal club of executives that met annually for a meal. I did not know the specifics of that. I did know about it starting in Rhode Island. When we did the TV show and we went back to Boston and did the show, we go down to prop it it's Rhode Island and I'd make the same joke about, well, I wonder where the marching and Chowder society is and all that. But yeah, they did not roll out the welcome bag. And when I arrived in Rhode Island, I thought I used that phrase all the time, but they did not. I do use that phrase marching in shadow society quite a bit. So, but thank you for doing that. Quang, you brought back the phrase of the week. You brought it back. J Dot from Utah Rights and he says, Hey, Ben, that Antonio Brown monologue was absolutely fn masterpiece. That was a five Mike classic, probably top five, no scratch. He says, that's what the kids say, that's top three. He says, he says, his top three monologues that I've done. And when Kobe Bryant passed away. And when you rip the Dallas Cowboys, he says, those are those are well, you get miss them. Enjoy the cowboys stuff, Jay dot I do that all the time. He says. The ab monologue was absolute one of the grist. At work, he says, he's working the day shift now. He said he listened to it four or five times in a row. My God burns his boomans, his booman man.
Speaker 3: Business is booming.
Speaker 1: Business is absolutely booming, no question about it. That Antonio Brown his life. It's gonna be the Charlie Sheen documentary. It'll be the Antonio Brown version of the Charlie Sheen documentary when they make it. The things that that guy has been involved in. You look at his resume, holy crap, I mean, holy crap. I still my favorite. When he was with the Raiders, he froze his feet. I think that's just it, just absolutely golden. But the gummy Dix that he was throwing, the whole thing better than winning. Left the field naked. Yeah, well when did he leave the About the jumping jack thing, that was good, the jumping jack.
Speaker 3: Thing, he took his shirt off and all all that. Basically disrobed. He disrobed on his way to the locker room. I rotate nuts. His social media account, ben is it. His Instagram has been so fun to follow because he does like Cracker of the Week and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Racist that's so good. So how did they get Don't you have to go through a lot of loopholes and to get somebody out of Dubai.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great question. I feel like we're gonna find out about this because he'll turn it into like a thirty for thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know, there'll definitely be a Netflix document series or something like that. I mean, he's done so many ridiculous things. I told the story in the monologue the other day that one of the great stories, and I don't know if it's true or not. I want to believe it. It's been passed to me by multiple people that Antonio Brown refused to pay a chef that was working at his house because he thought the chef had threatened him. Do you remember what the chef did, Danny? Do you remember what the chef did threaten it? No? Yeah, the chef had put a fishhead in the freezer because he was going to make some soup with the fishead and Antonio Brown thought it was like the Godfather movie. And I guess he's fish head, horsehead, same thing.
Speaker 3: What a dunce, What a dunce.
Speaker 1: But he's a hell of a wide receiver. Hell not for your Raiders, but a hell of a wide receiver. Remember the helmet thing too, Oh my god, the helmet stuff. I didn't even mention the helmet stuff in. The helmet stuff was amazing, absolutely amazing. He held out he refused to show up. That was with the Raiders, right, refused to show up to the training camp. Yeah, because the NFL would not allow him to wear his helmet because it was too old, it wasn't safe. And so then he tried to paint over his helmet hoping no one would notice.
Speaker 3: And it's weird because if you want to talk brain health, I mean, he's the poster boy for that. He's never had a concussion his entire career.
Speaker 1: People say the Vontez Perfect kid, You remember that one that was.
Speaker 3: The bro people Ben people literally say that he completely turned into this character he is now that we know him as after that one hit from Perfect.
Speaker 1: It's a shame, man, Is it entertaining? Throwing stuff off buildings and just just wild, just absolutely wild, all right, JT the Wingman, our buddy from the Knoxville area. Right so, and he says, Hey, Ben and Danny g I have waited all year for the Ohio meet and greet and it did not happen this year. He said, Dick in Dayton is likely unlimited time. I hope you can get out there soon.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 1: We'll be doing that. It is on my to do list. Once we get past the holidays and all that the weather gets a little better, JT. I plan on resuming my travels and likely after football season, will make our way to Ohio. I told my presence will be needed back in North Carolina, so maybe we'll do another North Carolina meet and greet. We'll figure that one out, he says. As for the mailbag, since I am about to move to a new place here in Tennessee, that checks off many things on my checklist of wants for a home. What was the most important thing on the checklist when you chose your current residence, he says, for me, it was two things, a fireplace and a mountain view. Just wondering. That's from JT the Wingman. So Danny, When you're looking for a humble abode, what are you looking for? I genuinely don't care very much about the view. And the reason I don't care about the view is because once you live in a place for a certain amount of time, you stop looking. It just becomes background and stuff. Like when you first move into a place where the great view it's amazing. It's kind of like when I go to Vegas times and I'll get the Presidential suite because they'll upgrade me very rarely, and you have that view of the strip of Las Vegas and all the lights, and it's like, oh man, that's awesome. But if you were there every day, you know, it's it's like part part of the blinds. You don't you don't even notice it.
Speaker 3: The number one thing I look for is a neighbor close by that has barking dogs. Yeah, it's almost like comfortable white noise. You never get peace of mind. It's just really comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like that sounds like Luigi, my old dog, Luigi. That arking non stop. It was just a nightmare. No, what do I look for? I look you spend most of your time inside, so I look for like a nice bath tub. I take a bath at least once a week. I should do it more, but I don't have left time. So I like that and just want to have enough space where everything kind of flows together. And I don't know if there's any specific thing. I don't really You know, California, you don't need a fireplace. We have a fireplace. We don't really use it much. You want have a little bit of an outside space, but not too much of an outside space. So there's that that sweet spot. But congratulations, Jat. I look forward to seeing you at the next smell of meat and green whenever, that is, if it is geographically desirable for you, as you have traveled all over to different meet and greets over the last couple of years. Scott from Florida writes, and he says, hey, Ben, former North Carolina State basketball player Charles Shackelford said he was amphibious. Amphibious because he could shoot both right and left handed. What is the dumbest thing you or your producers have ever said on your show. I don't believe microwaving tinfoil requires audible words, so that cannot be the answer. Scott. Normally, what happens is these things are fun stories for a couple of days, and then we we forget about them and move on. I've had I don't know if there are actual words. The things that have been amazing to me are the user error on the show. I've had board ops that have gone to break and left our mics on, not telling us our mics were on, and then we conversation was getting on the air. I've had I had on one engineer that didn't know how to play the commercials, so we had to do an hour of network radio commercial free. But I mean, those aren't really stupid things being said. That's like this just user error, and there's a lot of stuff I just off the top of my head, anything Danny, that you remember any stupid stuff you would like to share with the class.
Speaker 3: I remember you telling me on the air that the Clippers would get to and win an NBA Finals before Lebron ever even sniffed the playoff series with the Lakers. I remember that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's I'm glad you brought that up. I'm validated. The Lakers haven't won a championship, so that's it all right. You know that you and you're done with done with Lebron're done.
Speaker 3: With Wait wait, wait, so you say that the MLB title the year of COVID is the hardest one in baseball history, but the NBA one is the easiest. That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Do I have to repeat this again again? It was fundamentally harder and baaseball and fundamentally easier in basketball. Why is this hard for people to understand?
Speaker 3: Because it just fits your narrative. That's why it's not about my narrative. Yes it is.
Speaker 1: It's not about if.
Speaker 3: The Clips not so you'd be saying the same thing if the Clippers had finally made it past the first round of the playoffs and got to the finals and won and had a trophy in their case, you would say the same thing you're about to say right now.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, it's not my opinion. It's other people who are in the business that agree. It's a mickey mouse situation. That's when do you pay attention to what others? Since when do you care what other people in the business say? And they agree with me, I pay attention to them. That's the way it works. When somebody agrees with me, I'm like, okay, we're good to go. That that whole COVID championship thing was bogus. In basketball during the pandemic, every man, woman and child knows that baseball was harder.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this seriously. Do you think the Lakers and Lebron would have to agree to it because he's got the no trade clause? Do you think they should move on because the team they have in place seems to be having great chemistry?
Speaker 1: I would I would get if I owned the Lake. Yeah, I would get rid of Lebron. I would. I'd send him to the Knicks or somewhere else and let him. I don't think he wants to play for the Necks. Just don't send him the Clippers. As long as you don't send him the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that would be that. I would title that monologue beautiful karma.
Speaker 1: No, no, we have enough old guys that don't want to play basketball. We don't need any more old guys that don't want to play basketball. My god, the Clippers are they trying? What is Steve Balmer doing?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are they tanking? They don't have a first round pick? What exactly are they trying to do? Here? My god?
Speaker 3: I feel like you guys put all these pinball parts together and shake them up and hope that, you know, it builds a beautiful pinball machine. But I don't know, dude, you have like bug parts on your team right now.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched too much, but when I tried to watch like five minutes of the game they played the Suns this week, I was at a standalone NB Island game on NBC.
Speaker 3: Oh, I watched it.
Speaker 1: God, was that bad. Third They just didn't show. I wonder they did at halftime. They must have gone out for snacks or something like that. All right, last for their all right, you picked? I got two. I got one about social media and then one about a book. Which one do you want? Danny? You picked?
Speaker 3: You know books are underrated? On the Fifth Hour podcast, right this one from Eric?
Speaker 1: He says, Ben and Danny, are you guys going to pour one out for the Farmer's Almanac this weekend? It turns out, Danny that the Farmers this is called Eric the first Farmer's Almanac, which was published in eighteen eighteen. They will stop publishing after the twenty twenty sixth edition after more than two centuries. The Farmers Almanac, which has given people weather long term weather forecast predictions and farming tips and American folklore. Very folks. The advice they are going out of business. Yeah. The organization behind it, Eric Simpton, store here out of Maine, said it was a very tough decision, said that the publishing industry has led to insurmountable financial challenges.
Speaker 3: Man, this is like radio. Back in the day. There used to be two things, like syndicated things that ran on our FM radio station. The Paul Harvey Minute was it called it was something good day? Yeah, it was like the Paul Harvey Special and then you.
Speaker 1: You don't know what the news is and now you're about to hear the rest of the story.
Speaker 3: The other being the farm Report. It was like a weather update, but it was like updating all things farming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this was a radio station in Stockton, California when I was a kid, and so of course they had to update everything. Calmneure.
Speaker 1: So the question is will the Farmers Almanac continue online or are they just gonna it's gotta continue online. That didn't cost much money, right, compared to the book thing. You just get it all online. You don't make any money doing that though, right, that's the problem. I guess I'm gonna have to buy the last Farmer's Almanac. Is it gonna be like a rock band, Danny, where they say, oh, by the way, psych, we're coming back, you know, that last tour, and.
Speaker 3: Then they come back and you know here, I thought Yamamoto's one of one trading card from Tops was the big story that. Little did I know it's the Farmer's Almanac. I need to get ahold of.
Speaker 1: I know, right, good stocking stuff. All right, we'll get out of that. Enjoy the football today. I will be back, God willing behind the microphones of Fox Sports Radio tonight to bloviate the night away, talk about all the big storylines in the NFL. And you'll be back, I assumed, Danny Covino and Rich Yes.
Speaker 3: Monday afternoon, Yeah, yeay, Monday through Friday two to four pm on the West side. That's five to seven pm in beautiful Springfield, old Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: All right, well, where my grandfather lived years ago. I have a great wonderful Sunday later, Skater gotta murder, I gotta go