Speaker 1: It's media podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arthan. Today we're joined by Giannis Putellis, Brody Henderson, Randall Williams, Christine Siwiki Chester, Floyd Logan, Dove, Tresa Croker, and Seth Morris. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing in each week he're on Trivia, we reveal a new stat for the Stat of the Week This week, we're looking at the average winning scores after sixty games of Trivia now. On last week's show, we learned that the average player score has risen by fourteen percent throughout the history of the show, But will the winning scores have the same trend Well. Over the first twenty games, the average winning score was seven point one. Over the next twenty games, the average score was seven point three to three, and over the last twenty games, the average winning score was seven point five to five. So that's a six percent increase for the average winning scores compared to a fourteen percent increase for all player scores. That means our trivia winners are improving, but their competition is improving even more. How do you feel about that, Brody, as the winningest player in the.
Speaker 3: Room, makes sense?
Speaker 2: I guess you're getting a little better, but the other seven folks in the room are doing even better than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just had a three way tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Free way tiebreaker, Johanni, you feel like the questions have gotten easier in trivia? Has it been easier to win a game? What do you think?
Speaker 4: No, I've been stuck at eight wins for that seems like a year.
Speaker 2: Now, you think so? Mm hmm, okay, if you break it six months now. Here's our zero percenter question of the Week, which tests how much knowledge players have retained from previous games. This question was from episode three point fifty three. The topic was hunting, and nobody got it right. What country was given its first Elk and moose by Teddy Roosevelt.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was not there, but I bet you I can answer it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, yealand that's right. Nobody in the room that day got it right, though. The incorrect answers given were the United Kingdom and Japan, but the correct answer was New Zealand. We have some housekeeping to get to. In a previous game of trivia, way back in episode four oh two, we had a tie breaking question about the average cost of a white tailed deer shoulder mount. I got that number by looking at the prices for over thirty taxidermists across the country, which was six hundred and ninety five dollars and thirty one cents.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, Taxidermist Ashley Eve, who is part of the Deer Mounts of America facebook page, recently gave gathered her own data on this. She surveyed six hundred and sixty one taxidermists in America and asked them what they charge for a shoulder mounted deer. Her polling showed that the average price was seven hundred twenty one dollars and thirty five cents, which is a twenty six dollars difference from what I came up with six months ago. Ashley's data had more interesting tidbits, like that Alaska is the most expensive place to get a deer mounted, followed by Washington, Nebraska, California and Hawaii. Those were the only five states with an average shoulder mount costing more than nine hundred dollars. The cheapest states to get a mount were Delaware, Alabama, Kentucky, and North Carolina. They were the only four states with an average price under six hundred dollars. Ashley also found that five point five to four percent of taxidermists charged more than one thousand dollars for a shoulder mounted deer, and that Canada's average price is about fifty dollars more than America's. Does that check out for what you think you know about deer mounts? Yeah, the Southeast. Her whole map was color coordinated. If you live in the Southeast, you live in the cheapest area to get a deer mounted. If you live in the Northwest, you live in the most expensive area.
Speaker 5: Would that have changed the results of that driven.
Speaker 2: Back to the tiebreaker itself, Saith, Even if we use Ashley's new data, that would not change the outcome of the game. In that episode, Yannas said seven hundred dollars and Brody said eight hundred and ninety nine dollars, meaning Yannis was still closer. Well, there we go, Brody you. You even argued that day you said, I don't think that number can be right. Well, now our data pool is six hundred and sixty one strong. Do you still feel like it's higher than the seven hundred idea?
Speaker 6: It's trending towards Brodie's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, maybe if we revisit in a decade, come back in a decade and Brody wins. Now the Shelby Inexpert. Today's round is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers, and with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and win everything.
Speaker 1: How's that? Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Gamon Suckers Question one. The topic is cooking. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Tate Romnis for sending this great question. Tate is going to get a book signed by Steve. What is the second best grade that a steak can receive from the USDA? Is it Select, Prime, Superior or Choice? Again, the topic is cooking. What is the second best grade that a steak can receive from the UA SDA? Your four choices are Select, Prime, Superior or Choice. You need to tell me which one of those is the second best grade?
Speaker 4: You know what, Brody?
Speaker 3: No, I mean when you eat your milk all the time, What are you gonna know about like cattle cuts?
Speaker 2: Good? Randall with a quick answer, Randall, would have you gotten this one without the choices? You think no?
Speaker 6: And I don't even know that I'll get it with the choice.
Speaker 2: So how about Chester, Seth, You're boys gonna get this one right?
Speaker 1: Same as Randall r.
Speaker 4: Brody.
Speaker 2: Second best grade that a state can receive from the USDA, Select, Prime, Superior, Choice. Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: Prime, Superior, and Choice.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying choice, Tresa saying select, Seth saying select, Check saying prime, Christine saying choice, Giannis saying choice, Randall saying choice, Logan saying Prime. The correct answer is choice. The room did pretty well for beef. The grading scale goes prime, Choice, Select, Standard, Commercial, utility cutter, and canner. According to the A choice steak be very tender, juicy, and flavorful, making it suitable for dry heat cooking. The bottom three grades, which are utility, cutter and canner, rarely make it to retail, and if they do, they're turned into ground beef, processed products, and pet food.
Speaker 3: Gotta say that one wandered a little outside the wild game category.
Speaker 2: Question two topic is conservation. What does the acronym l C stand for when labeling an animal's risk for extinction? What does the acronym l C stand for when labeling and animals risk for extinction? Brody and randall with quick answers, Seth, you got this one right?
Speaker 7: No, come on, Seth, just first thing that came to mind.
Speaker 2: Yanni looks like he's going to get it. Chat has not come up with an answer yet, Christine, how do you feel about your answer? I don't have a feeling.
Speaker 6: I just wrote something.
Speaker 2: Does the acronym l C stand for when labeling and animals risk for extinction?
Speaker 4: L does not stand for love?
Speaker 2: It's a hint from Yanni. Damn it.
Speaker 3: How many other words start with L? You got something written down over there? Logan Tresta. Do you have an answer, Christine? Good, go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Brody saying least concern, Chessa saying lois choice, set the same, Seth saying last chance. Christine also said last chance. I love that it's not saying last critter, which is also very good. Jan is saying least concern, Randall saying least concerned. Logan also said last chance. I don't know how you guys did that.
Speaker 4: I want to give it.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: Except for the opposite. The correct answer is least concern. If we were to redo this scale, though, I think that would be at the bottom, would be elchie else last chance. If an animal is listed as least concerned, then biologists have determined that it's at no risk for ending up on the endangered species list. Other labels used are near threatened, vulnerable, endangered, critically endangered, and extinct. Some animals with an l S designation include white tails, blue jays, largemouth bass, and painted term Question three, The topic is fishing. This next great question comes to us via calab O'Connell. If you have a question you think is right for media to trivia, you can send it to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. According to a twenty twenty survey, anglers in this state catch the most saltwater fish in America. Again, the topic is fishing. According to a twenty twenty survey, anglers in this state catch the most saltwater fish in America.
Speaker 4: Like number of number, number of.
Speaker 2: Total number, the total number if they catch the same exact fish a billion times.
Speaker 6: But it's not per capital.
Speaker 2: Is this not per capital?
Speaker 4: Recreation? Commercial?
Speaker 2: What state? This was a commercial survey?
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Excuse me. Recreational is not commercial. It's not commercial recreational survey. According to a twenty twenty survey, anglers in this state catch the most saltwater fish in America strictly recreational.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about this one, Seth?
Speaker 7: You know, I feel like the state I pick.
Speaker 2: Kansas.
Speaker 6: Is it on the ocean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it is.
Speaker 7: It is on the ocean.
Speaker 2: Brody, I think we're waiting on you.
Speaker 4: Is it residents of the state? No, No, just anglers show up there.
Speaker 2: Brody, how are we doing? I don't know where to find out. Is everybody ready? Let's go go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying Florida. Tressa saying Florida, Seth saying Florida.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: The entire room said Florida. They got it. The correct answer is Florida. About half of the country's one billion saltwater fish that were caught in twenty twenty came from Florida. That's followed by North Carolina at seventy two million, in New York at seventy million, Virginia at fifty eight million, New Jersey at fifty five million, in South Carolina at fifty million.
Speaker 4: In California was in that list, is not in the top.
Speaker 2: They weren't even in like the top six or seven. But you'd think, like California. I thought Hawaii might trip people up, but they're not at the top of the list. Question four, The topic is hunting what nonprofit publishes the magazine fair Chase. Again, the topic is hunting what nonprofit publishes the magazine fair Chase? Quick answer from Randall and Brody and Jannis Brody? Are you going to get this one right? I'll be mad if I don't? Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 2: Okay. Rest of the room is filing in with some answers.
Speaker 1: How about you, Chester, No, I don't have an answer, Feel good about.
Speaker 2: It, Seth. While Chester comes up with an answer. Tell us about the walleye tournament you got coming up?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm not fishing it.
Speaker 2: Oh you're not. Oh that's right. Tell us why you're not fishing.
Speaker 7: I'm not fishing it because it's my first wedding anniversary. I promised my wife we do something walleye fishing, and in return, she promised that she would never, you know, never impede my ability to fish that tournament again.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if this tournament happens the exact same time again next year, you'll be there.
Speaker 4: I'll be there.
Speaker 2: You and Kelsey hadnt agree.
Speaker 6: So she's trading the first anniversary for the rest of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, Chester's planning on winning.
Speaker 1: That Uh huh, I'm fishing it and uh yeah, I'm going to go in there, partner. I feel good about it. Our buddy Casey Underwood, he makes these mugs and stuff.
Speaker 2: Such a good artist.
Speaker 5: He also has some of his artwork on our mediator merch and First Light.
Speaker 4: Go check it out.
Speaker 2: Chester. How is pre fishing gone so far? This episode is coming out way in the future. You don't have to worry about giving any sure tips.
Speaker 1: It's going really well. Well, It's going really well. The lake that we're fishing is historically challenging to catch one fish like over twenty inches, and we are going in there every single time and finding fish over twenty inches, so if we get five bites, they're probably going to be the right ones, and over the two days we can get ten fish in the boat. I think there's a high likelihood that we could win it.
Speaker 4: Pulling for you, Chester, hearing that does that make you a little sad? It does.
Speaker 1: However, he helped us time.
Speaker 7: Heavily involved with finding this the specific pattern that they're going to be fishing this weekend.
Speaker 6: I'm just struck by what a great interview response that was. It was like a pregame football coach, just like.
Speaker 4: Can we go the day after the tournament and then just go keep all those fish?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well not all of them because there's a slot limit, but we can go catch some meters of course.
Speaker 2: Is that is this a release tournament? Snap a photo and release it or what's the deal?
Speaker 1: There's two options, this is kind of a rare one. You have an option to keep them in your live well and like bring in five fish, or you can do the catch capture release camera thing where you take a picture of it on the bump board and turn in only five photos at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Good luck Chester. Again, we are in question for what nonprofit publishes the magazine Fair Chase. Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying boone and Crockett, Tresta saying BLM, Seth saying boone and Crockett check saying QDM, Christine saying and Da Jannis saying boone and Crockett Randall saying boone and Crockett Logan saying BHA. The correct answer is the Booning Crocket Club. The magazine is named after the phrase that the conservation organization created. The earliest recorded usage of the term fair Chase is in the fifth article of the Booning Crocket Club's Constitution, which was adopted in February of eighteen eighty eight. The magazine is published quarterly, with a bonus issue at the end of the year that's called the fair Chase Yearbook. Question five. We will get a scoreboard update from Phil after this. The topic is foraging. This next great question comes to us via Wes Gall. If you have a question you think is right for media to trivia, you can send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com. Merriam Webster defines this five letter word as a spout inserted in a tree to draw off sep. Merriam Webster defines this five letter word as a spout inserted in a tree to draw off set logan with a quick answer, logan, are you going to get this one right?
Speaker 7: There was six letters in it, so no?
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, say that again. Merriam Webster defines this five letter word as a spout inserted in a tree to draw off set.
Speaker 7: Not an't even what we called it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What does anybody feel good about their answer they have?
Speaker 6: Does anybody have an answer?
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna be kicking myself. I bet. I mean we tapped a ton of sugar maples in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: You probably use this tool that. Merriam Webster defines this five letter word as a spout inserted in a tree to draw off set.
Speaker 1: What letter does it start with?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to give you any hints, Yanni, you think you'll ever come up with it?
Speaker 4: No? Really, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of folks from the north Woods here where this activity takes place. Not many people that are confident.
Speaker 4: I buy and eat a lot of sererus from us made by Chester's family over there, and was scanny really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Randall, do you have a five letter word?
Speaker 6: I started with a six letter word, back to square one.
Speaker 4: I feel better if I could just think of that one.
Speaker 6: Oh that's not the right answer, though, No I.
Speaker 4: Know, but at least I have something.
Speaker 2: Brody, are you going to come up with an answer? The room may be stumped? Man, Is everybody ready?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Are you writing something now? Yanni?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying stipe, Tressa saying spout, Seth without an answer, Chester without an answer, Christine without an answer, Yannis saying crank, Randall saying spike, Logan saying spout. Nobody got it, but people flirted with the right answer, which was spile something spile. Other names for a spile include a tap, tamper, and spout. The practice of tapping trees dates back to before European contact. One Native American legend speaks of a time when pure maple syrup flowed right from the trees, but a powerful prince learned that this made his tribe lazy, so he covered the trees with bark, diluted the syrup with water, and only made it available in spring. Now that you've heard spile. Does that sound right to you, Chester, Yanni, that that sound like a word that was in your brain somewhere.
Speaker 1: Man ever really be a good.
Speaker 6: One for wordle though.
Speaker 4: Just called a tap. I was gonna say this comes up in a word here in the next couple of years. That'll be one of those days where I'm like s P I T s P I V S TV and just keep guessing because I won't really run out.
Speaker 1: I believe we sell the the Family's maple syrup on the website in those bloody or those old fashioned kits.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. They probably came out of a spile that Chester's family tapped into a tree. Phil, we are halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 5: Logan, Treessa and Chester. I'll have one point apiece, Seth and Christine have two points and tied up in first place at Randall Brody and Giannis with four points.
Speaker 4: Phil, you know it's not too excited.
Speaker 5: I have a great time.
Speaker 2: Jannest ask if you make the request for him to bring more energy, he will, so that that was officially Yanni's request. Sump it up, Phil, Okay, when we get to the question when we turned the corner ate. We need a little more energy.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 2: Question six, The topic is fishing. The bones of an angler who drowned in nineteen ninety eight was among the four human bodies discovered in this receding lake in twenty twenty two. The bones of an angler who drowned in nineteen ninety eight was among the four human bodies discovered in this receding lake in twenty twenty two. A lot of the room needed to hear that a second time to come up with an answer. Yanni, do you think you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I do, as long.
Speaker 2: As okay he thinks he does the seth. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I think I do.
Speaker 2: Chester do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: I don't have an answer yet.
Speaker 2: The bones of an angler who drowned in nineteen ninety eight was among the four human bodies discovered in this receding lake in twenty twenty two. Quiet room, Randall, do you think you have this one right?
Speaker 9: No? I do not.
Speaker 2: Come m brody doing a lot of writing and eracing over here. No, just trying to decide. Think we're running out of time. I think we are waiting on you. Everybody ready, Go ahead? And reveal your answers. We have Brody saying Powell, Tresa saying Lake Mead, Seth saying Powell, Chester saying Devil's Lake, Christine saying Lake Saint Clair, Yiannis saying Mead, Randall's saying Great Salt Lake, Logan saying Lake Powell. The correct answer is Lake Mead. A few folks got it right. Lake Mead was at an all time low last year thanks to a twenty two year drought. The first body of the year was found in a barrel that used to be underwater. The man inside had died from a gunshot wounded the head. As of April twenty twenty three, the victim still had not been identified. Detectives believe the man was killed sometime in the late nineteen seventies or early nineteen eighties because of his clothes. From KMART question seven, the topic is conservation. This next great question comes to his via chest Yancey. If you have a question you think is right for Meat Eater Trivia, you can send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com. This is an audio question. Phil is going to play you one minute of a song from nineteen ninety You need to tell me who the artist is. Take it away, Phil.
Speaker 8: We live in the land of plenty, but many things aren't plenty anymore.
Speaker 2: With water from high sing, you need to tell me who the artist is.
Speaker 4: You gotta go and buy it at the store, getting.
Speaker 2: The topics conservations in the old.
Speaker 8: Song, look, wat's washing on the beach, and Lord, I believe from the heavens to the sea to bring in Mother Nature to her names. Souless, leave somebody up above us.
Speaker 4: Let's leave some green on the ground.
Speaker 2: So only I follows say.
Speaker 5: And I wish you guys can't see the music video that I'm seeing right now.
Speaker 2: Just to feel like you've been set back to nineteen ninety.
Speaker 5: I was thinking earlier, but.
Speaker 2: It looks like that Chester. It seems like you're the only one who's come up with an answer. Do you think you have this one right?
Speaker 1: I don't think I have it right, but it's very close. I know it's just so close. If it's if it's wrong.
Speaker 2: Again, the topic is conservation. That song was from nineteen ninety, and you need to tell me who the artist is.
Speaker 4: I think I got it as long as he just changed his voice a little bit for that song.
Speaker 2: Doctor dre is that you put down big Randall? Are you going to get this one right? I feel like you are someone who has some knowledge of music trivia.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest, I don't think i've ever heard that song again.
Speaker 2: Again. It's from nineteen ninety. The topic was conservation, and you need to tell me who the artist is Chester. Maybe the country who gets this one?
Speaker 1: That's a real country.
Speaker 4: That's real country. Then I should change my answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of want to start never.
Speaker 2: Mind, what do you want to do? Chester?
Speaker 1: Start singing some other songs real quick?
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer? Who's going to come up with an answer? Brody?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: Can I change?
Speaker 2: Sure? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Rayel doesn't even have any written.
Speaker 2: Can't come up with an artist from nineteen ninety that may sound like that, it's.
Speaker 7: Not Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yanni, are you ready? Brody? Are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? We have, Brody saying, Montgomery Tresta saying, George gonna go George sang, Hank Junior Chest saying, Toby Keith, Christine saying Toby Keith, Yanna saying Garth Brooks Randall without an answer, Logan saying Kenny Chesney. No, nobody got it right. The correct answer is Alabama.
Speaker 1: Oh sounds a lot like Tobey Keith kind of you know what it does.
Speaker 2: Once you said that, it's easy to hear that being Toby Keith.
Speaker 7: Pre Toby Keith early nineties, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Toby Keith was singing in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I feel like should have been the should have been a Cowboy was early nineties. I would bet it's close.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say Neil Young because he's the one that would write a song. Yes.
Speaker 2: That song is called Pass It On Down, and it was released on Alabama's nineteen ninety album of the same name. The song peaked on the American charts at number three and the Canadian charts at number two. The lyrics were inspired by Mercury Warnings for Fish in a River that the band loved. It made them wonder what the river would look like when their grandkids fished it someday. Question eight the topic.
Speaker 4: Is what's up with the river now?
Speaker 2: I don't know what the river was?
Speaker 4: All right? Well, next episode, Spender's gonna come back and tell us.
Speaker 2: We'll see where it's at years later. Question eight the topic is cooking. If you order L pastoor tacos, then what kind of meat are you getting? If you order L pastoor tacos, then what kind of meat are you getting? A pretty confident room coming off of a question that nobody got right. We've now had two zero percenters in this episode.
Speaker 4: Alabama, Alabama, Alabama. Remember it. He's gonna ask us again in about.
Speaker 2: A month, Johnny, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget the answer.
Speaker 2: If you order L pastoor tacos, then what kind of meat? This is kind of a multiple choice question. Really, the rest of the room doesn't look so confident. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 4: I'm not confident?
Speaker 2: Chester, there's us.
Speaker 4: There's a great article in a recent New Yorker about how Taco Bell goes about their ideation process and how they bring things like Crunt Trap Supreme to be I highly recommend everybody read it.
Speaker 2: Very what did you learn? What did the crunch they like sit in a stoner's kitchen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure there are some stoners that are part of the process. But yeah, it goes from like ten thousand ideas down to seventy that are put forth and actually messed with. In this lab and then it comes down to ten annually and uh yeah, and it's not just the making of the food but the marketing. It's very very interesting.
Speaker 2: How many bathrooms do you think are on that laboratory?
Speaker 4: That was the interesting part. Nobody although no one, lady that did. I think it was late that it made the crunch Trap supreme. At the end, she was like, I'm good she passed when the dude brought her one.
Speaker 2: What would it take you to get taco bell? When's the last time you?
Speaker 4: Reading that article kind of made me like want to go and try things. Some people will drive hundreds of miles when like the new Dorito's flavored whatever comes out, you know, and I feel like I'm missing out?
Speaker 2: Is everybody have an answer?
Speaker 4: The crunch Trap's best thing they've ever made. And you can make mars omesert, Yeah, I do all the time.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying beef, Tresta saying pork, Set saying beef, Chet saying beef, Christine saying beef, Yanna sang pork, Randall saying pork, Logan saying beef. The correct answer is pork. It's about half the room, got it right. L pastor translates to shepherds style in English. Pork that's cooked. L pastoor is usually marinated in dried chili's and pineapple and then roasted on a rotating spit. The meal was created in Mexico but has Lebanese influence.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of tongue, but that's langua right correct.
Speaker 2: Be a good trivia question for the future, Phil. We have two questions left. Where does the scoreboard stand? And I'm looking forward to being blown away.
Speaker 9: Here Logan Chester, Seth, Christine and Tresa. It was your LC but now you've got xteed yes and in first place of six points.
Speaker 4: It's honest. The eagle poop jello. Wait wait wait, wait wait, that's what I'm talking about. That made my name Phil.
Speaker 2: Last time we made that request, Phil came in with like one of the best lines ever said on this podcast. He said, if you can't take the heat, then get out of the meat eater studio. It was really good, Phil, Well done. Question nine, the topic is woodsmanship. Name one of the five best states to live in if you hate mosquitoes.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: This is according to a twenty twenty three study that looked at data from every state except why and to be fair to some of the folks in this room. Last episode, I asked about the five worst to live in if you hate mosquitoes. That answer was Louisiana, Florida, South Dakota, New York, and Texas. So there is five to take off your list, as well as Hawaii because they were not in this study. Again, the question is name one of the five best states to live in if you hate mosquitoes. Brody, how do you feel about your answer this time around to this dumb question?
Speaker 4: I didn't got a shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you have a shot.
Speaker 3: I think yes, Like I feel like this is easier than last week.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, this one feels easy. But I could have a round.
Speaker 2: The hint here is that the answer for the worst states to live in if you hate mosquitoes. Those were Louisiana, Florida, South Dakota, New York, and Texas. And this study did not include Hawaii.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised main it actually make that list from worst mosquito states too. Yeah, maynards will say that the state bird is a mosquito.
Speaker 2: I think every state says that that.
Speaker 4: Uh, that's true.
Speaker 2: State bird is the mosquito. Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying Arizona, Tresta saying Arizona saying Arizona, Chester saying Nevada, Christine saying Kansas, Jannis saying Arizona, Randalls saying Nevada, Logan saying Arizona. The five states are Michigan, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and Utah. Arizona was not in the top five.
Speaker 3: What Michigan Yes, as we discussed starting question your sources.
Speaker 2: These states were ranked on a one hundred point scale that looked at things like number of mosquito species and the number of mosquito transmitted diseases. Michigan was rated as the best state to live in if you hate mosquitoes, with a score of twenty. That's follow Mosquito at twenty five, Washington and Oregon at twenty eight, and Utah.
Speaker 6: Lunacy.
Speaker 2: Other states in the top ten include Idaho, Alaska, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and Kansas.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of pure Michigan like where they advertise all the lakes and stuff?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't disclose your sore spencer. This was an insurance company had this study done to learn about states where mosquitoes are the worst.
Speaker 4: There's no other smell that brings me back to my childhood backwoods off exactly.
Speaker 2: Or cutter, and that's how good Michigan is. The other forty nine states are all better, if you, excuse me, are all worse. If you hate mosquitoes, you were lucky on it. I guess so, Phil, We have one question left. What does the leaderboard look like?
Speaker 5: The only two players left in the game are Jannison Randall, who are all tied up with six points.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, you're looking a little peaked.
Speaker 6: I I feel awful. I feel awful. My heart is racing out of control. My stomach is just full of black coffee. I'm just preparing myself for a collapse.
Speaker 4: You had a big weekend of wedding festivities. Indeed I did, yeah.
Speaker 2: Question the topic is hunting. What animal has a score minimum of sixty seven in the Pop and Young Record Book? What animal has a score minimum of sixty seven in the Popen Young Record Book? Brody with a quick answer, Tresa seth Chester, you're all with quick answers as well, Treesa, are you going to get this one right now? Okay, Seth, changing an answer, just adding to it, adding to it. Some might take that as a hint. M maybe yeah, Seth, Yanny, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Okay, I got a good guess.
Speaker 2: Christine, we're waiting on you.
Speaker 4: What do you think? It's not what I have?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Christine? Are you ready? I saw?
Speaker 1: But now I feel really guilty.
Speaker 8: You don't.
Speaker 6: Flashing?
Speaker 1: Keep that keep that I saw.
Speaker 2: You answers last control here? Yeah, ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying saying, Seth saying who's deer? Saying antelope, Christine saying prong horn, Yiannis saying mountain goat, Randall saying prong horn, Logan saying deer. We have a correct answer in the room. It's pronghorn, making Randall our winner. With seven correct answers, it's all done, Randal Randam, did you know that answer? Was it just a guess?
Speaker 6: It made sense to me?
Speaker 2: And Yanni tell me about your answer of mountain goat. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just thought of an animal that has not You know, they're probably even less.
Speaker 2: Their minimum is forty to get a good bok with a Mountain goat. Other animals in that ballpark include Cou's deer at seventy inches, six couple black tails at seventy five inches, and Anaelope is scored by taking twelve measurements that include length of horns, circumference of horns, and length of prongs. The Pope and Young world record, which was killed in Arizona, taped out at over ninety one inches, Randal, with our winner getting seven points, no overtime needed. You get to choose where a five hundred dollars donation for meat eater goes. So what's it going to be?
Speaker 4: Make it fun? Randal?
Speaker 2: What would be a not fun answer?
Speaker 4: You think, Well, when someone says just the same old conservationalization that we hear ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 2: A lot of pressure. Sounds like he's talking to your employer.
Speaker 7: Geez, do you have anything to do with the shirt you're wearing?
Speaker 6: Oh I am I'm wearing a TRCP shirt.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I was going to go with the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership. They were here in our office recently hosting a summit about chronic wasting disease with a lot of leading scientists and industry leaders. And nonprofits, and I'm just happy that I can back in the Winter Circle and able to support an organization that's dear to my heart.
Speaker 2: Were you at that summit, Randall? No, I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I was across the hallway, so I heard some of the louder interjections by members of the Steve was.
Speaker 2: That I could hear Steve.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think he was just sitting in the right seat. But yeah, I was across the hall.
Speaker 2: He's always sitting in the right seat for interjections.
Speaker 6: But no, it was a good event, a lot of it was an impressive crowd.
Speaker 2: Well done, Randall.
Speaker 6: Sitting in my office working away decisive victory.
Speaker 2: Yanni. Do you think prong Horn would have been an your second choice?
Speaker 4: Maybe I didn't. I didn't have a second choice, Okay, just chose one.
Speaker 2: Not good enough this time. No, Join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 4: Thanks Spencer,