Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back.
Speaker 2: We're black.
Speaker 1: Abusu amen?
Speaker 2: Drat are you hi?
Speaker 1: Where are your curls?
Speaker 3: I feel like you're high? Is like is being reflected in your curls?
Speaker 1: Not be here?
Speaker 2: I blue dried, blow dried my hair yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's so long now.
Speaker 2: Didn't recognize me. He's just now like he's nigh. He's like almost ten months. But yes, it is the part. This is the time when it's like stranger danger. And also he recognizes faces and stuff and the way that he just looked at me like I was a stranger picking him up at day here yesterday. It was pretty sad, you know, right in his face.
Speaker 3: He's just like did you see like the you see the clips where like the babies where the dad shave off their beard and their mustache.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what the effects must be for him, because I didn't even have it down. I just had it like it's back all the way and like a slip pony. He's like, anyway, I've really been trying to like get my energy up, but today is just not it. So but I'm going to push through. I'm going to push through, come through. Queens are not thanks, but yeah, life is just lifing so hard and it's very adult and it's very much not backing down. So that's all just a lot of shit going on. I'm heading to Georgia again tomorrow, okay, because my dad. I'm gonna go visit him. The way, I could probably have bought like a couple of European vacations for the amount of airfare just spend going to Georgia. But yeah, I'm taking my I'm taking the big kid taking real Okay, okay, but yeah, and I'm like behind on taxes and stuff like a bummer over here. I don't want Are you an escorp?
Speaker 1: Is many money makers? Is that an escort? Oh? Yeah? Because that the escorp taxes wild do last Friday?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, well I already followed an extension for that all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, but did you make a payment because have you been paying quarterly?
Speaker 2: And I want to talk about a tiffany, I mean, you know, because well man, they didn't have to talk about it, but if just so you know, we're talking about that personal taxes.
Speaker 3: The do date is April were like fifteen fourteenth. I can't remember one of them Aprils days. You know, we all have tax Day, but if you have an escorp, which is a type of business entity also a type of way that your company is tax I suspect man. These companies set up like me, which is the underlying companies. Yeah, but the way we're tax is an es corp, which means is if you are a like for example, Brown Ambition is not an escorp, it is an LLC which is the underlying company, and it's a partnership. So that just means it's just me and many in it and we pay taxes differently. But with an es corp, you are actually not an employee. You are an employee of your business once you become an escorp. So if you have a sole proprietorship or you have a partnership, then you basically they consider you self employed and then there's self employment taxes that will come in to play. Once you become an es corp or c corp. They say no, no, no, you're not self employed. You're an employee of that company. And typically you get to es corp, you start to look at escorp for one. When you get to about six figures or more a business, you start to consider doing an escorp because the self employment tax is not to pay it. It's not worth it at that level of income. So you're like, oh, maybe I'll supposed to an escort now so I can be an employee of my business. The thing is, because you're still in that LLC, what happens is is that the money it's a pass through entity. So what that means is that your business makes money. Let's just say your business makes one hundred thousand wooho. Then your business makes a hundred, but then spends one hundred thousand dollars in order to I mean spends say fifty thousand in order to navigate business. That's how much payroll, your website, all that stuff is fifty thousand. And let's just say you say I want to keep the other fifty in the business for next year because I have some big projects. The government says, that's cute, But just so you know, that fifty that you didn't spend on business passes.
Speaker 1: Through to your personal taxes.
Speaker 3: So whether you take the money out or not, you're gonna have to pay fifty thousand dollars. You have to going to have to pay taxes on the fifty thousand because whatever's left over in the business passes through onto you and so the way my business is set up, and I suspect most peoples is that whatever the let's just say the taxes on the fifty is twenty thousand dollars, my business will give me the twenty thousand. So if I keep fifty thousand in the business, the business will have to give me twenty of that fifty because the government wants their taxes, and it'll keep the thirty to do whatever work. Because even though I didn't take it, it wasn't spent, so taxes need to be paid on it. And so that's what last Friday, I can't remember what eevery day of the week that was last Friday.
Speaker 1: Es Corp taxes were due. That means you're supposed to.
Speaker 3: Have filed them, which you could certainly file an extension, but they don't give you an extension on payment, so you have to have paid something. Now, if you're doing the es Corp right, you're paying quarterly. That means every quarter you're making a payment. So even so I didn't have anything I owed on Friday because every quarter I've been making my payment.
Speaker 1: So that way, this is kind of like the wrap it up. It was like, oh, Tiffany, well, you know what you've been paying every quarter. You good.
Speaker 3: Let's as far as business girlies who listen to understand, because the truth of the matter is most businesses that go under or have a hard time, it's really like the back end stuff that kind of get you, not that you're.
Speaker 1: Not good at cooking or baking or.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I didn't want.
Speaker 1: To talk about it already talking about to you.
Speaker 2: I was telling the girl, but period, I don't. I was sorry about it, and that concludes.
Speaker 1: That conclude the business portion.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to I didn't want the girl to be like, I don't know what these things mean.
Speaker 1: The teacher. I'm sorry, all right, we're gonna focus here, Okay, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I care about the girl. I'm sorry. I just hate when I can't give anything on the other side of a conversation. And you know better, Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean I think you did. Which is which is real? Which is? Girl? You know you already know my tax issues.
Speaker 3: Girl, I made so many tax mistakes it costs me. Remember I told you I probably paid about seven figures in oops.
Speaker 1: I made a mistake again, tax mistakes because.
Speaker 3: There was two or three years in a row when the way we were doing taxes was incorrect and wrong, and as a result, up until I think twenty twenty two, I finally got my last final you know, you get out of jail free, like, and it was a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bill and almost broke my soul, but we finally paid it, and I think we're finally on the up and up.
Speaker 1: So I just sad.
Speaker 3: All that to say is that, you know, there isn't a mistake I ain't made, And the reason why I had to learn is because I made every mistake possible, you know, And so I just don't want the girls to have to make those mistakes because it was really, really, really costly and stressful. But you you know, you're living, you learn, and you hope you live to see another day. Hey, ba fan, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Oh if we want to talk about something, you want to talk about the White House?
Speaker 3: Sound right? You call Mary called me yesterday? Wait what were you calling me for?
Speaker 1: Just to say.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, no, not on a Monday. Oh It's like yeah morning. It was like, yeah, I was dropping off the kiddos. I was like I usually picture you on a little walkie walk.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, day yeah.
Speaker 2: So Mandy called me, but you weren't on a little walk I forgot, but you just told me. Duh no no, But I'm like so excited, tell me about everything.
Speaker 3: So when Mandy called me, I was literally running leak because I was getting dressed to go back to the White House. As you know, it's March's International, well Women's history month, that's what March is. I believe March eighth is International Women's Day like But anyway, so I got invited back to the White House for a reception and there were I don't know, at least one hundred, maybe two hundred women from all over the country, all these different industries, doctors, attorneys, nonprofit workers. It was amazing. It was just a room full of just amazing women. And everybody was so nice. You know, sometimes you go in these rooms and everybody's so important and the CEO of this or whatever, and they don't speak. That was not the case. Everyone was so nice. It was a super diverse group. Some women were disabled, black, brown, Asian, every type of woman, young, like older, just everything.
Speaker 1: And so they invited us one to.
Speaker 3: Network with each other, which was really awesome that these little orders. I was like the White House was be light on the food. So many people and then also too we got to hear.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like a sit down thing. It was like I did see your stories this time.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, it wasn't a sit down thing. It was so for example, Kamala or you know, first our vice president, she spoke, as did Maria Shriver, who's a big woman's advocate. The President was there as well, and he spoke as well as doctor Joe Biden as she spoke to, which is really cool to see them all.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a crew there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So the reason why they were all there, they kind of gathered us is because the President just.
Speaker 1: Signed let me find what it was. He just signed. It wasn't into law, but he signed the most comprehensive let me see what was it march.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't a Family Paid Leave and Childcare Act, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, you know, it was a woman's let me see. So I'm looking at the White House dot gov. He signed an executive Order on Advancing Women's Health Research and Innovation. So there are a lot of doctors in the room, and so it is the largest executive order. So he talked about like that and many of us know this, but women suffer from so many health ailments that are just like doctors ignore, especially black and brow women. Like the mortality rates for black women when it comes to giving birth are just astronomical in comparison to anybody else. I remember, do you remember did you ever see that documentary with Serena Williams talks about.
Speaker 2: Yes, she had pulmonary embolisms, yes, while giving birth, and they were just like.
Speaker 3: She almost died, yes, but she knew her body and she was like, yeah, I'm not going home.
Speaker 1: I need an MRI.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, whiney, whitey, black lady, Serena the Williams, and so she insisted.
Speaker 1: And show enough. They're like, hey, I think I see a black clott girl.
Speaker 3: If you had gone home, you would have d You would have be d Are you are you freaking getting me?
Speaker 1: Serena.
Speaker 3: Maria Shriver shared a story how her mother, who was the President Kennedy's sister, John F. Kennedy, his Eunice, suffered from gut issues, all these issues, and she was really having a hard time. So she really pushed her brother to uh to try to get legislation has to help women with whatever their health ailment is what they were struggling with, and her doctors meanwhile, this is there the sitting president's sister, and they're like, maybe you need to rask, maybe you need to lie down. So if the president's sister could not get adequate health care, like that's crazy, it's Serena Williams is ignored. And so that's what this executive order aims to remedy. It's about women's health and research and innovation. And they talked everything about like endometriosis and how it affects black and brown women in the higher levels than any other population. Talked about that most studies that are done now are done on men. They literally did this study MIAs Drivers shared that where women. They noticed that when women are going through menopause, there's an uptick in them having heart attacks. And they said, wow, so there, maybe it's tied to estrogen, Like why men or why.
Speaker 1: Heart attacks happen.
Speaker 3: Let's do a study of what happened, what happens when estrogen levels drop? And it was like, I think they said, like fourteen hundred participants in the.
Speaker 1: Study, not one woman.
Speaker 3: So you're doing estrogen study and no women and like same thing, like you know a woman when you're having a heart attack, Like the symptoms that they tell you to look out for, those are men's symptoms.
Speaker 1: We don't have those symptoms.
Speaker 3: You know, when you are struggling with mental health, like young girls who have ADHD or who oh, what is the one where you have trouble reading? Dyslexia? It looks different in girls, but the symptoms that they look out for are attributed to boys, and so we are left behind when it comes to health research. And this executive order would I can't remember how many billions of dollars it would allocate toward the expansion of like of innovation and what did I say, I'm talking too and research on women's health. So that part I thought this was really great. So I'm not really sure what executive order means. By being honest, I'm like, it is it a lah anna?
Speaker 1: So I'm a executive order.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the thing though, is that like Congress holds the purse strings. So it could just be you know, these holidays, the president's always like doing symbolic shit.
Speaker 1: Yes, like.
Speaker 2: To like say he was doing symbolic shit. I don't know. I'm a little like pessimistic about lots of stuff. I mean, I think I feel like if we're not if we're not focusing on I mean that I'm sure, yes it's important, it's super important, but I'm just like, where is the ceasefire and Gaza? And it makes me so I just don't know, I just you know, it makes me so feel so powerless and so sad. I'm just like human's capacity to just inflict pain and torture on one another, and it's just like and the world spins off and everything seems so dark and twisty, and it is like everything there is so much, there is a lot of good and all of that. But I think I'm just in one of those spaces, you know, where like the fog is descending, like the fog, you know what I mean. I've talked about my fog before.
Speaker 1: I'm going a fog.
Speaker 2: I'm going to fog And everything seems very sad, and everything is very sad, and everything is scary, and there's like it's the kind of thing where it just makes me want to crawl inside of my own body and just like not poke my head up, which is really hard when we do this stuff that we do right now. But like even just thinking about healthcare and like everything going on with my dad lately, I don't like to talk I don't want to talk about too much about like the specific stuff going on with him. But he was in the hospital for several weeks and it was he had a huge operation and it was I think one of the hardest things about having my dad in a hospital setting is that he is like the textbook picture of someone who would be probably neglected in a healthcare setting typically when you think about his age, his race, in his orneriness, like he's not you know, And it's sad to think that, like you think you have to, like, you know, worry about that. But I went in there, like I was spending nights in the hospital just to make sure that I could be the like his publicist, like, oh, hello, yes, this is my father. Hear all the exciting here, does all the great things about him that you should know, so that you give a damn during this like twelve hour shift and you don't just like you know, like, you know, we had a nurse who kept giving him really strong like opioids even though he hadn't asked for them, and it was very much like we're in the ICU, I just want this patient to go to sleep, Like it was that kind of vibe and like I just saw and like the stress of it all. I think what's happening is that the processing, like the you know, like you were just in it. Yeah, but the processing I think is all right now. And and I think at the same time, there's part of me that's like, oh, shut up. People have way worse going on, and people have sick parents in the hospital and like sick babies and all that going on.
Speaker 3: But it was two things can be true, Mandy, A jillion things can be true, yeah, at the same time, meaning that like somebody could have a sick baby and also not or and also you're worried about your dad, and rightfully so it doesn't diminish that, you know, even with like.
Speaker 2: There's there were three of us, my brother, my sister, and I and even then it still felt like there were things that happened that we're not I think we were just like really we were so obsessed with trying to control and be not control in the sense that like take decisions away from him, but like understand everything and be sure we were in the room and available and like, you know, make sure we were on speakerphone if a doctor walked in, and like checking on his charts online and making sure all that stuff is squared away and we're all in. We're in three different states, mind you, and getting all to Georgia and all that stuff, and like it still feels like it still feels like we're not entirely out of the woods. And it's not even it's just gonna, yeah, there's more like it's gonna be an ongoing kind of thing. But if there's one I'll stop this like train that I'm on. But if there's one thing that I keep thinking about, like what's a lesson that I've learned when it comes to health. And I really like to your point about knowing your symptoms and knowing your body and advocating. I've always heard that advocate for yourself, advocate for yourself, but I feel like that's almost too general. The thing to say to people. What I would say is, don't trust the person in the room, like Bible, like the person who's in the room, because like, for example, my dad would be seen by maybe like eight specialists a day. I'm not even exaggerating, like eight specific healthcare people a day during their shift, and then a new shift would start and they would come in again and be like respiratory, cardio, pulmonology, nephrology, ot PT, like all these different people the general provider like look and they'd all make comments like oh this, oh that, here's what you can expect. Yeah, I think he needs XYZ, and we would be like jerked in all these different like emotions and directions. Well, the person who came in earlier just said this thing, and they're like wh at because they don't even like speak to one another that often, you know, they're all like on their own different silos. So I think I could have saved some We could have saved like probably some stress and like some worrying if we had just been like, Okay, so this is what this person is saying based on like the last three minutes they spent in his room. We have to sort of like connect all the dots together and just understand that things can change. And even though you think you know for sure what the next like day is going to look like, or what recovery will look like and all of that, like, even then it can change and it's always going to be changing, and keep asking asking the same questions again, questions of different people. Force them to talk to each other if you have to, because yeah, a lot of them, especially in a hospital, they're just coming in and out and they don't have even that they have their whole chart in front of them. They don't spend time reading everything before they come into their they don't have the time at shortages and all that. So I feel like, for one hundred percent, if you're going to be in a hospital setting, call anyone, anyone, a neighbor even you know, to be there with you to help ask those questions. And like, if you don't have family, like friends, whoever, just don't go into that situation alone like my dad did to start with, because that is the kind of stubborn o he is. But don't be alone and uh, you know, and and do your best. And then what I'm working on now is just like the processing afterward of all that and like, yeah, it's just life is life. In I'm in my concealer era, a lot of concealer went.
Speaker 1: Into today's face.
Speaker 2: Hey be a fan, We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: I'll have to say, like you it's true.
Speaker 3: So you all know, my mom's a nurse, and like I remember some time ago she because she's the type of like I'm not feeling well, she'll drop her own self to the emergency room.
Speaker 1: You're like, where's mommy at the mergency room?
Speaker 3: And you're like what, And so she went to the emergency room because she was like, I'm getting tingling in my arm. Let me make sure that it's nothing super serious. So she am and they did some tests. It wasn't a stroke or anything. She gets physical therapy for like a slip disc and shes gonna be like, tell, oh my damn business.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird, right because like they don't want to.
Speaker 1: So if you know my mom, please keep me so mad, don't tell.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she had got a dad, don't so she so it it's because she gets physical because because of her physical therapy. I think basically her physical therapist and that you know how you get the deep massage. If you guys have ever gotten physical therapy, the deep massage after I think they did put too much pressure in it, like basically pinched a nerve or whatever. So that's why she was having like some issue like with her hand in her arm. So it wasn't a a stroke or anything, but what was so crazy? And I said, at this Saint Sylvia. So we go to visit her. She's all like sitting in the bed like do do do? And like she said, oh, when you go to the house, bring me my stretch pants and bring me I said, you seem in good spirits and she was like yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: You know, they just they found out that it was like the physical therapist went a little too hard.
Speaker 3: But I had them because my mother as a nurse, was like I had them run this test, this.
Speaker 1: Test because she knew what to ask for and she knew.
Speaker 3: Exactly what to do and so much so many that when we got to the room, this woman had I said, what is this print out? And she said, oh, this is my health plan because she said, I asked the doctor, can I get a print.
Speaker 1: Out of my health plan in like sixteen fonts?
Speaker 3: Because you know everybody got to get the lady had highlight and red marker. I'm not taking that medicine because it is for people who have seizures.
Speaker 1: I'm not too.
Speaker 3: I was like, like you said this sense of like if they say it, it's Bible. But because she was a nurse, she's like, that's not true. So she's asking every question. But I wouldn't have known. I would like, I said, how wout you? She said, no, no, I know this medication it can help for this, but it's a little overdoing it, you know.
Speaker 1: So she was like, I'm not going to take this. This is too high, this is too low.
Speaker 3: And I said, But the way the nurses treated her because they said this is there's somebody in the room who obviously used to be a nurse who she doesn't always let people know that she's been a nurse whenever she.
Speaker 1: Is in a hospital setting.
Speaker 3: And because they also knew, she knew exactly what they were supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: So the way, hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: You know, everybody was on their best behavior because nobody wants to be sued by somebody who knows what you're supposed to have been doing. Like when I press this call button, there's a certain amount of time he's supposed to take before you get there. When my uncle was in the hospital, my mother said, put me on speaker, pressed the call button, and she timed it. And when the nurse came in, she got on the phone. She was like, you took ten minutes to come you were supposed to. They were like, oh, oh, you have a medical professional in your family, and so I know everyone doesn't have that, but I just wanted to speak to that, that part that you said, Mandy about like taking everything for by but because I just assumed they're I mean, you assume obviously everyone's doing their best, but it doesn't mean that they're not making mistakes.
Speaker 2: You want to assume, but they're not. And like they'll be coming in, like there's a shift change at seven pm, and they'll be there all night. Like I slept at the hospital so many nights because I can sleep anywhere, and I have practice not sleeping at night because it was like taking care of a newborn thing. I want to be honest anyway, And and there'll be multiple people and they won't like stop to look at you in the eye. I mean, at one point I took the nurse outside and I was like, Hi, my name is Amanda Woodriff, Like this is my dad, and I just was like forcing her to listen. It was almost like you know, if you've ever been kidnapped or health hostage. It's like you an hae yourself to the person with a gun to your head. Yes, but like imagine that for every twelve hours, just wanting to be like, please take care of my dad. He's not just another dude. Like he's not just another like you know guy who is sick, you know and has gone through this procedure or whatever. Like don't make assumptions, but everyone carries their bias with them in that regard. But absolutely, like from the medications they're giving him, I mean there were times when we want I just wanted to let my brain go and be like trust, but you can't. You know, sometimes what they're giving him is not what they should be giving him or they amount that they should be giving him, and so many mistakes can happen.
Speaker 1: And cost.
Speaker 2: And I have a shout out my friend Kristin, who is an ICU nurse all the way on the Left coast, but she was like my guru and just someone who helped kind of like walk me through it. And yeah, if you don't know someone in the medical field, you don't have to but find somebody and somebody who knows somebody. It's worth it. I think it's so worth it finds or at least find someone who's gone through a hospital ordeal like the one that you're going through, like whether it's a surgery or like a trauma, like whatever it is, Like find someone who understands the language and the the rhythm yes of care.
Speaker 3: There are Facebook groups for certain things, like I always tell like like whenever my friends have like preschool aged children, you know, they always.
Speaker 1: Hit me up. So, Tiffany, what is this normal? What about that?
Speaker 3: And so if you have children in school, you should have at least one or two teacher friends, you know, because that's really helpful, like with every aspect of your life. Right, It's like I am always trying to insulate myself with like in business, I've got business friends and finance. If there's something I want to learn, I you know, when I was really starting to think about, like really digging into real estate, I have some real estate friends and I get to reach out to because you can't be an expert in everything, but there are people who are experts, and I make it my business to be like, Okay, let me let me see, like you know what this person is really good at. Let me lean in, Like Mandy is my negotiation friend, like for real, and I'm like, how do I is this going to be enough? How should I ask about this? How should you know? And so remember I told you last time, you know, Mandy negotiating and so much so that what I thought was locked in and girl up, but they unlocked in. But it's still it was one point two million dollars worth of contracts, you know, at the end of the year, because of a piece of advice that Mandy gave me. So I just that isn't that's excellent advice and that having friends not. Obviously the purpose of friendship is connection, but I like to also be intentional about like what additional types of like resources I can lean into when it comes to my friendship. So you're building for connection, but you bring something valuable to the table too, And I like to lean in what I know, Like my friend, Like my friend Linda, she's like the advocate of all advocates. There is any sort of like my mom is sick and she needs this.
Speaker 1: Resource or whatever.
Speaker 3: Linda is the one who's like, well, the state provides, and you can get a ramp and a and a.
Speaker 1: Link vehicle can take it to the doctors. And like that's Linda, you know, and so.
Speaker 2: I like it to Linda for Atlanta. If you know a Linda in Atlanta can help names, but help who can help figure out how to get I mean I'm not naming names. I don't know who this would be, but like a mid sixties kind of like older man kind he lives by himself and wants no help and thinks he's God like services to help that person who can't care for themselves or move or like drive.
Speaker 3: You know, here's the thing, remimy Linda, I mean REMI man because I ask Linda, like does she know Linda in Atlanta or at least a place to start, because oftentimes Linda is like, you know what, if you go to this site or call this number, it's a place to start.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we have to lean into each other. I think, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like twenty twenty four and beyond that in order for us to make it financially, personally, and otherwise, it's gonna be The theme is community. You have to build, lean into and contribute to your community because you cannot do this by yourself. You cannot, Like you want to work on your money, community, want to work on your business. Community, you know, health community, your kids, cann unity. It is just you cannot My dad has a phrase, the lone wolf. I'm sure it's like not his phrase, but you know he's African, so everything belongs to him. According to him, the lone wolf perishes in the winter. No, it's something I know, but yeah, yeah, the lone wolf. Wolf perishes in the winter, but the pack survives.
Speaker 2: You know in Game of Thrones, that's the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.
Speaker 1: Okay, what have we got him that they got it.
Speaker 2: From watching TV too? You know nothing, John Snow.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just important.
Speaker 1: You can't be out here by yourself basically, you know that, like it all here is.
Speaker 2: So that means that I can't curl up into a ball inside of myself and disappear.
Speaker 1: I mean you can't temporarily.
Speaker 3: But then you're gonna reach out to your Therapist's gonna call me, gonna call your other friends.
Speaker 2: You're gonna, I know, my poor therapist, she needs a therapist for me for herself.
Speaker 3: After talking to me, you know, there's therapist therapist like I knew, Like one of my friends was like, I'm a therapist therapist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally a therapist just for therapists.
Speaker 2: Yes, that that part all right? Let me let's shake it off and do little boosty breaking. We're gonna boosty breaking. And now I remembered.
Speaker 3: It, and now it's time to boost up, break up, boost break up, boost up break?
Speaker 1: Oh you got a boost? Is you going to bring? What you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Lell?
Speaker 1: What you gonna take? Candy? Do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: Second, I'm gonna do a break. Okay, I'm gonna do a boost.
Speaker 1: I'll go last.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be too dark of a break. However, why I need to take a break from the girls on social using down dish soap in their hair? Have you seen this tip?
Speaker 1: I done? Still?
Speaker 2: Have you ever with your locks?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I think in the I think the exception to the rule that I have gathered is that with locks, yes, because it gets built up and stuff out. But like right, like other hair styles like don dish soap. I And it's just I think that the girls, the influencers, the beauty people, they have run out of things to talk about and it's stripping. It's extreme, like come on, I mean, my fingers are destroyed because I have to wash baby bottles every day, and that's what the fancy soap let alone. The blue chemical whatever dye is it gets oil off of like ducks. Yeah, you guys saw that episode the Bell, Like, come.
Speaker 1: On, I haven't seen this.
Speaker 2: This is the have not. Just google it right now because you'll find a ton of videos. I swear. I just put a on TikTok or on the TikTok talk on YouTube on Instagram. Who knows where it originated from, but it is all on these in the nets. They're calling it a hack. No, it's not a hack. It is it may it's like it's probably second. I feel like to that check you got the gorilla glue stuck in her head. Thought it was gel or whatever it was that she used. Uh yeah, just don't do it. I mean, if you're going to take risks with your hair, just like use the two dollars suave stuff, you know, like that For me, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like it's not that that's a verst. I used to use that too. That's funny, I know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, don't wash your hair or you know, do but I would like a break front see it. Gimmicks, beauty gimmicks. And also I just got to prove to sell on TikTok TikTok shop or whatever, and I'm just like I would perform. I think I'm getting in my cranky consumerism anti consumerism era about like social media right now, because everybody is like wanted. It's like, what where'd you get your shorts from?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I had the link to my shop in my bio, you know, my Amazon storefront, and like it's just like just yeah, I'm I'm, I'm I'm trying not to. I'm trying to stay away from that, like that cycle of go on here and think you got to do that thing and you know, or buy that thing or whatnot. So don dish soap is just where I draw the line.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm let me watch it. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: So I remember so especially with locks, because locks essentially you know they not over and then but build up can live inside the lock that it's almost impossible to get out. And so Dawn, I don't do it. I mean I probably say I don't want to do it max once a year when like it's like, you know, because I washed my hair with regular you know, I don't even use condition because conditioner builds up with locks. So with natural with when my hair was a firm, I never used dawn because you don't need to because you don't have to die deep. Instead, I would just use I was heavy on the conditioner when your hair is loose, natural, more conditioner when your hair is locked, less conditional because it really builds up.
Speaker 1: So don would help to.
Speaker 3: Like get some of that stuff out that that you know that I could not get out with just regular washings, you know.
Speaker 2: But just some of my favorite TikTok videos though, like washing locks because they'll put it in like it's just really satisfying to see how the water, you know, runs.
Speaker 1: Clear, so you'll just out of vinegar. I've done that. The apple side of though, I'm done with. Yeah, although like oh your eyes, you're.
Speaker 2: Like my so you need to get a friend tif to like, you know, you bend over the sink and someone you know.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: But truthfully, what I love about locks is for at least far as I concern for my locks, they.
Speaker 1: Don't need Like locks are very low product.
Speaker 3: That's because the more products you put on them, quite honestly, the more you have to build up, so it's very low.
Speaker 1: I don't put any products into my lock.
Speaker 3: Really, like I will do some edge control, you know, if I'm gonna be on TV. But other than that, gonna get these curly edges because that's how.
Speaker 1: God made me.
Speaker 2: They look amazing by the way, and I like the curl that you have. Although I missed the ringlets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm to get them back because I was like, you know what, like I mean, it's still a little wave that's holding out a little wave. It's not super straight. So yeah, no, no, I mean I get the don girlies. But to me, if you if your hair is loose, you are stripping, like you know, like I said, even if you have locks, that.
Speaker 1: Should be like very rarely that you have to do all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I can understand that we're in a very consumer escape world. So my boost is gonna be so of the amazing women that I met at the White House. One of them, Oh, I forget Jakati cho k Oh.
Speaker 1: Girl, I'm gonna get your name wrong.
Speaker 3: So some years back, Own Network reached out to me and said, we want you to be on this like special called like Black Women in Wealth or something like that, and so she was the host.
Speaker 1: Her name is like it's like.
Speaker 3: Joe Ja Kata something like that Jakata or something like that. Right, So anyway, beautiful black woman locks she was the host.
Speaker 1: I met her there so nice.
Speaker 3: Afterwards we end up, like all the people who were on the panel stuff, we ended up having dinner at the hotel. But I had not seen her in person since then, but I follow her on social and she's just been living this fabulous life.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 3: She's like Bessies with Oprah because after that own network, Oprah's had her do all these other things and like hosts all these other things, and she's like, oh, she's the host of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like a host.
Speaker 3: I guess, like I would say, so, she actually came up in the tech world super smart.
Speaker 1: So she used to.
Speaker 3: Be like big in tech. I can't remember what big tech companies she worked for prior, and then she left that and started investing. But then it also started like you know, kind of like working as a host and then connected with Own and Oprah and now that's what she does.
Speaker 1: But now so I saw her to think you ever just.
Speaker 3: See it is so beautiful when you see a black woman in her soft error, you know, because you know, we just be out here working, honey, and you can see it.
Speaker 1: Even in Look Beautiful.
Speaker 3: You could tell the difference between the beautiful pull together because I got to get it together and the beautiful like girl I am in So I see was there was like this blue room that like I imagine kind of like the Oval office kind of looked like this blue round room that they had us in. There's a number of rooms they had to say, but it was like one of the prettiest rooms. And she was sitting on the couch. The energy she was reading.
Speaker 1: Was Life of Luxury and Leisure. I just looked at her. I walked over to her. I said, hey, girl, how are you? She said wonderful but.
Speaker 3: From her soul, and I was like really, she said really, she said, when I tell you, I am living the life that I always dreamed of. I was like really, She said yes, And she said, you know, I used to work in tech, made a lot of money, super stressful. But because of working in tech, I learned like there were a lot of colleagues that were investing, so I started to invest learning from them, and so I started investing, and then you know, I knew, you know, her whole stint with Oprah, which I think she still works in, but she said, but now, she said, because of her like acumen, it took a number of years obviously for investing, she said. I do the thing like the hosting things and stuff that I like with you know, Oprah and otherwise, but mostly I live off my investment. She said, girl, I just got that from Copenhagen, copen Copenhagen. And now you said Copenhagen, Copenhagen, which is in Denmark, right, she said, I went for dinner, she said, for dinner, just like that, she said for dinner.
Speaker 1: She said, thirty six hours A friend of mine was like, oh, come have for dinner, right, and then she was I just it was like, wait, what how?
Speaker 3: And she said, honestly, like I've mentioned this before, or you know, if there's income, you have to make it. You have to make more than you spend or spend less than you make. You have to obviously save some for security. You have to invest, you have to learn to invest. And when she said that, she was like, honestly, I really buckled down and leaned into learning how to invest. And it was just like when you last week I talked about investing, and it just because this is the year for me, I've just decided like.
Speaker 1: You know, like you know, how we have you wanted signs? And I was like, this lady is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've met her before and she was happy, but definitely I could tell it was that busy like I'm here, I'm doing it now. She was sipping on her champagne, chilling on a couch that probably was two hundred years old. I mean, just soaking in like yeah, it's just a little white house and then I'm off to this other thing and maybe Copenhagen for dinner.
Speaker 1: I said, I want Copenhagen for dinner.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I just share that that, like if you're needing your sign of life, whether it's investing in yourself, you know, whether it's like real estate, whether it's business, whether it's the market, if you're needing a sign, I just know that because the way my life is set up now is that I have just enough that if I didn't want to work anymore, I likely could make it. But one really bad oopsie, I'll be back to the grind. So it's not quite but just enough, and I want more space than that I want, and also too, I don't want because a Bungonese had a hard year last year, the academy is having a harder this year. We're turning around. And I don't want to live from feast to famine, feast to famine. I don't want to always be like pulling it up, you know, like I I want to be able to know that external to business, which I do love, you know, I have other ways to create income for myself that like I have more of a sayover, you know, because it's much as you work on in business, like Mandy will tell you that it doesn't guarantee that you have a say. And so for me, I told myself and I've been hearing the voice of like Tifny, you need to start to learn and invest.
Speaker 1: And I've been like, I do I invest in business? I do. I bought some real estate, but I'm like in the market, Tiffany, I need you to be confident in the market.
Speaker 3: And as I'm meeting more and more people that this is kind of the way they supplement whatever else they're doing, I'm like, no, this is the year that I get my fundamental feet.
Speaker 1: Ready, Like I'm not going to be some you know, like Jazzy.
Speaker 3: I don't honestly, I'm not even trying to trade That's one thing I learned from my friend Terry that you don't actually have to actively trade. But I want to like feel confident about investing in the market because there's so many reasons why people don't and so yeah, so and honestly like and you know me, like, if I want to learn a thing, one of the best ways to learn a thing is to help other people learn a thing. And so like, if you're not sure, like why you're investing, I told Logan, let's do a quiz to figure out why people are not investing, because really, by the end of later on this year, I want to find a solution to that because as I try to fix things for myself financially, my thing is always how can I find a solution for that? So, if you're not sure why you're not investing or creating this quiz called you should invest dot com so you can get like is it because you don't have money? Is it because of knowledge? It's because of fear? Like why are you not investing? And like from that quiz, I'm taking like the percentages to see like where are you struggling the most? So that way I can start to either if I'm not going to create the tools and resources because I'm not at the investorista finding the tools and resources because it doesn't make sense. I just feel like we can't ignore it another year. You can't budget your way, you can't save your way, you can't even really work your way to the level of security. I just know that, like, we have to put our money to work. And so if you want to put your money to work, you know, and you want to figure out why are you not investing? And help me figure out what tools I need to figure out because I know for myself why I'm not investing.
Speaker 1: It's because of lack of knowledge and fear.
Speaker 3: If you want to get really clear about why you're not investing and help me get like some numbers about like what I can do to create or find, you should invest dot Com. It's just a quick, like thirty second quiz to help me gather information, but also too to help me issue it's not well, I'm taping it right now, it'll be up by the time this is up. But yeah, you should invest dot com because I want to figure it out. I promised myself. I think it was was it you, Mandy, It was either you or brand as I had asked, how do you because I'm not always so good at execution at implementation, and you and Brand, as my friend brand is, are like my top executor friends. And one of the number one things that both you and BRANDI said was one, obviously you determine the goal, which for me is to get my fundamentals for investing. And then two you make the goal public, you know, and maybe I don't know if you told me that, our brand has told me that that. Like, so this is why I'm saying it because I'm just like, you know, I am putting it out there. I am going to get fundamentally strong in investing this year.
Speaker 1: That is my goal.
Speaker 3: I'm making it public because it forces me to hold myself accountable, but also too, I want to take more people with me.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I'm doing. You should invest dot com. Let's go. This is the year. You know.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna pretend we're gonna be some trading like whatever, but we're at least gonna get our fundamentals this year and then maybe next year we get even deeper into it. But yeah, that is my goal and my prondess to myself.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's do it, girl.
Speaker 2: M being around people who normalize wealth as always Yes, it's just casual.
Speaker 3: Like just copenh hanging for dinner. I was like, it wasn't even so much to coping hanging for dinner, because I don't know if I'm trying to find no, however, many hours just for dinner. It was more so that I realized how little, how how rare it was for me to see a relaxed black woman, do you know what I mean? Like she was supremely relaxed, and in her softness, in her luxury, I mean, the energy that was radiant. And I said, because that's not just money. That is a level of like wealth meaning like external to just money, like like my money is navigating in such a way that allows me the space of like less worry, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I don't want you to think it's like, oh if I have because.
Speaker 2: Children starving in Gaza, how can she be so calm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well here's the thing. And that doesn't mean it's and or you know what I mean, it's and.
Speaker 2: I now, you know, trying to be like a little silly about it, but it's yeah, no, but it also is like the I not that I know what she feels like, but it's like what I aspire to is the is a little bit of like the mental like the the the part of your brain when you realize, oh, I got this, Like you know, you move a lot differently when you just have that self reliance and trust, yeah, that things will be okay and that you got yourself like that kind of unbothered.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I was feeling that It was like not that I mean, obviously she's an intelligent woman. I mean we didn't talk about gods or anything like that obviously, but there was just a sense of like, I don't know, like I just don't see that in black women, which.
Speaker 1: Is so sad.
Speaker 3: And I know a lot of black women with a lot of money. So it wasn't just the money, you know. I know people who have sixty million dollars in the bank. Show me what you think and they're not given that. It was something else. But when she said she said, I am investing my way through life, I really was like, that's what I heard is that I'm making enough from myself to support myself that like I am in charge. No one is like creating the opportunity that if I need it, I can go and do it because I know what to do. And I've heard that from a few of my friends that like hardcore, like invest you know where it's like, you know, I have friends who are in the real estate child. They stress because being the landlord is not easy. You know, my friend's a business child. We stressed, check up all your business friends. But yeah, so that was the part. I mean, obviously there's no guarantee investing in the market, that's not it. But I'm just saying that, like that was just my sense is that she didn't feel victim to She felt like empowered, and that empowerment left her like, at least in that moment, because I don't see her all day every day, in that moment left her like feeling like light and easy and so much so like I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the only person who who walked up to her. People who didn't know her were like, what.
Speaker 3: Do you do?
Speaker 1: What's going on with you? Because she just was just giving that ease.
Speaker 3: And so we're gonna get there, We're gonna I'll put the link in the show notes you should invest dot com. But I am committed for myself and also committed. The teacher of me is committed to figuring out the tools and resources that we can use.
Speaker 1: To get there together together.
Speaker 2: Take me to cope and hanging kind of food do they have out there? I know?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome though, good for her. And just a quick note on I should have done this as my little little baby boost. But talk about unbrought, unbothered in black Stedman Oprah's Deedman octopus every day.
Speaker 1: Oh I saw that? Oh no, I mean I love octopus. I had some two days ago. It's I know there's someone.
Speaker 2: For breakfast, I know every morning, but like also what you mean? Yes, deed men, just get your octopus every morning because you're married to effing or not married sorry, you're partnered with Oprah effing winfree, you got your own money. Just like live your best life.
Speaker 1: But that was crazy.
Speaker 2: That is so strange. But God, bless God, bless all Right, b a fan catch us on Friday, be a Q and a review.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're c Do you have any Oh we haven't read them?
Speaker 2: Yes I will. I have a new one that I just March eighteenth, that was yesterday. Yes, amazing, man. Tiffany and Mandy are so amazing. They give out such good information, especially for everyday situations. I love the episode on life insurance. Thank you ladies. And this person's name is what Miss number one? Is that it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because you can call yourself yeah, miss number one. So thank you Miss number one. You're the best. And if you guys want to leave us a review, please do go to what is it called now? I it's not iTunes, I'll date myself Apple podcast.
Speaker 1: I guess bro share the episode if it's helpful. You think it's awesome, Shamy so we can get outside.
Speaker 2: It's some of my favorite black forager Girl.
Speaker 1: Of a good solng because think we made a smile.
Speaker 2: Guys, you're doing it, Peter, where's that from doing Peter right?
Speaker 1: No, Peter Pan. Remember when Robin Williams was Peter Pan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was sitting down with the Lost Boys and they were eating but it was like pretend food.
Speaker 1: Because he was a grown up.
Speaker 3: He couldn't see that for them with their kid mind, they could see that it was real food to them and they were enjoying it. Because he had grown up. He was like, there's nothing in these pots, and they're like, you have to use your imagination, and so he was like what.
Speaker 1: He made me sad.
Speaker 2: He is good.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then at one point somebody drew a pie and it hit his face and then like the he realized.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, there is actually food here, and one of the kids in you're.
Speaker 3: So that's like my favorite when like people are coming over to the other side and I'm like, oh, look at Mandy's smiling.
Speaker 1: You're doing it, Peter, you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness. It feels natural, whereas it was forced at the beginning. But that's the Tiffany effect. It's the Brown ambition, you know what I mean? Yes, all right, y'all until Friday.
Speaker 3: Alright, bye bye mhm.