Speaker 1: Well, I don't know where this is going to fall in the actual order of what they're going to throw up on our feed, because I never know once we record it when it actually airs. But Happy New Year, maybe issually possibly, I don't know what's aired already.
Speaker 2: So happy New Year, Sabri.
Speaker 3: Said, New Year for us? Will I love it? Another year of magic?
Speaker 1: It is? Remember when the year You might not because you were a child at the time, but I was gonna say, remember when the.
Speaker 4: Year two thousand was like the craziest thing.
Speaker 5: In the world.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I was in high school at that time, so yes, I do remember. I remember thinking the world was possibly going to end.
Speaker 1: Why I didn't remember why?
Speaker 3: Two can literally nothing happened.
Speaker 1: No, nothing, nothing at all happened. It was like three two one. And now it's the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so oh okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: Now it's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I know I can't even crazy crazy.
Speaker 4: How do you like to ring in the new year?
Speaker 1: And if your answer is not by watching a d com, then we probably don't have much more to talk about.
Speaker 3: It depends for twenty twenty four. I fell asleep by nine o'clock. I did not watch the ball drop we were up in Big Bear just having a really nice relaxing weekend, the four of us, my littles and my husband and I and that was it. This year, we actually had a very fun New Year's. Our friend it's her birthday. Her birthday's on the first, okay, so her boyfriend through a big party for her, so it was a birthday. We did New Year's countdown, then we sang Happy Birthday, and then he dropped to one D the end proposed to her. So it was a magical New Year's for me.
Speaker 1: In the night when she said no, I did a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, but we kept just you know, we just took a drink. It just went oh man, it was such a huge night. It was really fun. So I like doing both. Honestly, it's really fun. You know, the kids go to bed so early, so it's not like they're too young to like have them stay up till down, So we're not doing that yet. Eventually we'll get there, and I look forward to that. So it's either just like a nice evening with the two of us, or it's a banger and we're champagne and and and dancing, you know whatever. We're you know, we're even bou what about you? What do you guys do?
Speaker 1: We stayed up till I'm always up till midnight, so what my wife stayed up till midnight and we we Well, I mean, I stay up till midnight most nights. I'm alive. So yeah, I would stay up till three o'clock in the morning if I could. I'm very much a night owl. Oh but that my wife doesn't like that.
Speaker 4: So uh but no, stayed out. She was dozing by about eleven thirty.
Speaker 1: But we did our kiss and and wished each other a happy New Year, and that was it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, pretty nice. Dad and mom do black eyed peas, greens and corn bread. That's supposed to be a.
Speaker 1: Real it's a tough band of book on New Year's Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, they make that and it's a it's a tradition that brings like love, wealth, happiness. There's cool, a whole like good aura that comes when you have that dinner for New Year's Eve's.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully you saved me Tomali's from from New Year from from you said.
Speaker 3: You said I got it one, I got it, I got you get to pick beef for chicken, So which whatever.
Speaker 1: Figured it out? Speaking of that, Congratulations to your friends and at their wedding, please tell them I will have the beef and my wife will have the chicken. Thank you very much, and welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS, and your popcorn and go back to a time and all the houses are smart, the waves, tsunamis, and the high School's musical. I'm Wilfred Ell.
Speaker 3: And I'm Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go, Here we go yet again, twenty twenty five, often running because on Magical Rewind, we've already dealt with competitive dance, and we've already dealt with hockey. But have we dealt with swapping competitive dance and hockey because of a magical text message, No we haven't. Well we're gonna now because it's twenty sixteen's coming of age dcom dramedy, The Swap, and I'll be honest, this was not what I thought this movie was gonna be about. I was pleasantly surprised that this was not about a bunch of swingers. The Swap originally aired on October seventh, twenty sixteen, and was based on a novel of the same name from author Megan schul released right when the dcom already started production, so of course they must have bought the book right before it was even officially released, which is rare but not unheard of. Schuhl is an accomplished writer in the young adult genre and has released a few books, even optioned another one in twenty twenty for Start Jojo Siwa, but that one got stuck in development hell or possibly was affected by the slap heard cross the World old since it was produced by Will Smith, or was supposed to be anyway, the swap marked the one hundred and first decom ever made right off the coattails of the hundredth, which was Adventures in Babysitting starring a young Sabrina Carpenter, which I'm sure we will get into.
Speaker 4: I have not seen it, but the original Adventures of.
Speaker 1: Babysitting with Elizabeth Shoe one of the best movies ever Still in Love with Her. The swap benefited from getting a teaser promo aired during the debut broadcast of Adventures of Babysitting, So that's some impressive Disney synergy or disneer g if you will and if you won't completely understand I barely did myself. The movie filmed in good old Canada, split in time between Toronto and Ontario, and had quite the quick turnaround. The decom aired on the Disney Channel just six months after it wrapped filming very quick. It's like you and if anybody who knows anything about the entertainment industry, usually the film isn't even edited in six months. I mean, you're going back and forth. And that's a very quick turnaround.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: As I said, this aired on October seventh, and because that is the spookiest month of the year, it was part of the network's Monstober event, which included New Descendants, animated shorts, reruns of Twitches, My Babysitters, A Vampire.
Speaker 2: And Halloween Town Too, and.
Speaker 1: The premiere of ra al Stein's Monsterville Cabinet of Souls. Now I get all those I get all those airrings, But how is the swap a Halloween movie? Did this?
Speaker 2: Was this Halloween need to you at all?
Speaker 3: Not at all?
Speaker 2: Not all?
Speaker 3: In any way this finding this information out, couldn't put the pieces together, didn't make sense. But it seemed like they were excited about this movie. Maybe that's what it was. There there must have been a reason of, like, you know, just wanting to get either these new stars out. It'd be interesting to know how, you know, where they were involved in the Disney Channel and maybe how that made sense. But it's there's nothing about this movie that I mean, the swap happens as like mystical that kind off and we'll get into that ends, right, yeah, where it starts and ends.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were trying to come off of the success of some of the other d coms that they had based on other young novels like your Friend who wrote the one My My Diary became a Yeah, which was became readed in Weep. So those were successful, so maybe that helped. But man, that was quick. But I don't see anything halloweeny about it. But anyway, even without the clear scary tie in, it debuted in October to two point six four million viewers. I know, that's seems like a small number compared to some of the numbers we've been throwing out with High School Musical and stuff. You have to keep in mind this is now twenty sixteen, so that's actually a nice number for the era, and it had a great reception on the watch Disney app, the streaming service's name at the time. Now, speaking of that, you can watch the swap on Disney Plus, which is the name of their streaming service now in twenty twenty five. So take the time to watch it before we get into it, or just flip those instructions and live on the wild side. No one is going to know unless you tell them, And if you do, how about a little secrecy amongst friends you blabber Serena.
Speaker 4: Are you a fan of body swap movies?
Speaker 1: In general? It's a very well represented genre, especially in movies for kids and young adults. You know, You've got thirteen going on thirty, Like Father, Like Son, seventeen again, Freaky Friday, Face Off, Big, I mean, there's one after another where these kind of your jam at all growing up.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think Big is one of the best movies of all times.
Speaker 1: I ever.
Speaker 3: Literally love that movie. Could watch it any day. Yeah, Freaky Friday was amazing. Face Off is obviously a very different kind of one different, but it is such a good movie. I love it all of those kinds of movies. I think it's a really fun idea to be in a body that doesn't feel like yours and experience life through a whole new set of eyes and shoes, and yeah, you know this one was. I mean, I can't imagine the idea of being in a guy's body myself, Like, oh my gosh, you know, I just watched the movie Jumanji where one of the characters is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you watched the second Jumanji.
Speaker 4: Oh no, the first one or the.
Speaker 3: Second one, the second one with one of the characters is Jack Black, And she's like, she kept going, this thing is awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've got to handle How am I not instagramming this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a whole thing where you just like that idea is such a fun idea of bad and good that comes your way of seeing stuff like that. So I am a full fan of this.
Speaker 1: I am too. I could not agree with you more and again, I would love to see Face Off recut as a d com to see like, you know, when Tom when he woke up in the mall and then they took their fate. Oh, that would be just the funniest thing ever. Oh man, did you know had you heard of this movie before we hit the.
Speaker 3: I will say the title instantly made me think because Jordan asked me, what movie are you watching for this next episode? And I said the Swap and he goes, oh, I don't think i've seen that one. I go, I haven't either, but I'm assuming it's like parent trap type situation. It's like, yeah, that's what I would think too, And it wasn't necessarily parent trap, but it was kind of similar.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the title makes for the movie for sure, not one of those you know, random titles that don't make any sense.
Speaker 1: We always go to thirteenth year where we're just of course, that means that's when you turn into a merman, like wait, what anyway? Of course again twenty twenty five starting not with a bang. So let's see. Did I know anything about this.
Speaker 2: Movie before we went in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did. I knew everything about this film. No, I had never heard of this movie. I never heard of any of these movies except for a few select ones. Anyway, before you text us your wish, let's make it happen. But first the synopsis. Ellie, a rhythmic gymnast, and Jack, a tough guy hockey player, accidentally switch bodies after a texting mishap as they navigate each other's lives, they learn valuable lessons about empathy, teamwork, and their true selves. A texting mishap, so we'll get into that. It might just be the most unbelievable plot mechanism we have seen yet.
Speaker 4: Did you buy the premise of that at all? No, not really.
Speaker 3: I you know, I think it's a way And we usually love Disney being ahead of the jam, like as far as what that new like tech or device would be. So if they had some really cool new phones at the time or whatever, like, it just kind of was like something And at first I was already going, why the blurbs of the day right? And I know where this synopsis? That was like why are they doing that? And then it's like, I guess that's the only way when I look back how they brought in the.
Speaker 1: Two They got the texting, which again I'm okay with that. I mean, texting and social media now have become such the norm that they have to be when you're writing a film. Texting is a big thing. So how do you show texting? You can either show an insert of the phone or you show the bubbles. I get that, but then it's like your Disney channel come up with a better.
Speaker 3: For I know now we've got them on this, Like Disney, tell me what's actually gonna happen in twenty thirty twenty thirty five, Like we now know that you did Smart House, so you know everything clearly. Why is it just a text mess?
Speaker 2: I also just mean.
Speaker 1: I also just mean magic wise, like Wizards of Waverley, place it a little bit.
Speaker 4: If you want to make it a totem, make it a totem.
Speaker 1: But is the phone inhabited by the spirit of a blah blah blah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like go a little deeper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did one line, well, if you hold your object too long that oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, so let's just get it early.
Speaker 1: Thoughts.
Speaker 2: Did you like the movie?
Speaker 3: I did? I did, I I was in it. I like I got there emotionally. I don't know if it's because I just missed you guys so much. Well you're on medical rework, but I was like, ugh, I love my job. This is such a cute movie. I haven't seen it before. These kids are adorable. I think they're great. I literally loved it. It took me a teeny bit longer than what it usually does to get into it, but once I was.
Speaker 1: In You're in hook.
Speaker 3: Lions Tinker interesting. Okay, Okay, you not so much, I'm assuming by the look on your face.
Speaker 1: Actually I really liked it, Oh good I did. It's not the best movie we've ever seen. It had some serious plot holes. I thought the cast was great. We'll get into We'll get into the cast. The acting was really good, and Disney did what Disney does sometimes We're out of nowhere again. I want a smack whoever came up with the magical system, just because I'm a nerd. But the emotional stuff of the movie I thought was done very very well. Yes, they had me in with the emotional stuff, the loss of the parent. Well, we'll get into all of that.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so much goodness in this movie. I can't really talk about all of it because there is just so so many small details that really shone like they are really shined throughout so much of this movie. And I loved it.
Speaker 1: Do not disagree. So The Swap was directed by Jay I think it's Caris. I hope I'm saying that right as Carris, a director who cut his teeth comedically for dozens of stand up specials from Bill Burr to Bob Saget. He also directed sketch programs and MTV Award shows and has since become a premier name in TV directing for titles like Superstore, Workaholics, Parks and rec So Help Me, Todd and The Beloved Abbot Elementary. The movie stars Peyton Liszt as Ellie O'Brien. Peyton began her career at just three years old, featured in the background of Spider Man two. This time it's personal. That's of course what we call every single one. That's just regular Spider Man two, and would go on to star as Emma Ross on Jesse and then spin off the roll for Bunked, two shows that had her spending ten years of her life on the channel. And you know her now as the badass Tory Nichols on the breakout Netflix hit Cobra Kai.
Speaker 4: I assume, because.
Speaker 1: This is a little later, you didn't do any Disney stuff with her, did you.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured because you guys are in different different Disney generations, as you and I were in different Disney general I know. Unfortunately, on the other side, we've got Jacob Bertrand as Jack Malloy.
Speaker 4: Jacob is another TV that starting his career at.
Speaker 1: Just seven years old with appearances on House, Parenthood and The Cape, but he is best known as both the voice of Gil on Bubble Guppies and as Kirby Buckets on the show Kirby Buckets. Also, as unbelievable as it seems, Jacob would go on to star as Eli Hawk Moskowitz on the Netflix hit show Cobra Kai, again creating a bit of a swapp reunion, even if it wasn't a purpose at all. But at the same time, I just wanted to see them break into karate fighting with everybody, but unfortunately I didn't. That's the only thing could have made this movie better is tons of karate fighting. The movie is also filled with a lot of established Canadian actors, but let's also talk about a few zombies who found themselves on the set. First up, James Godfrey is Hockey Bully Porter and we know James as Bonzo, the grunting jock monster in the Zombies franchise. He basically plays the same character in this movie, with a little bit more dialogue and stuff to do. But he's really funny and he's not alone. We've got Naomi Ooh. I said this last time, everybody out there, as we did Zombies. I'm gonna try to say it again because I always get it wrong. I think it's sneakest as Coach Carroll. She was known as Principal Lee in the Zombies franchise, and it's a nice little origin story for these two actors on the channel. They were both great, very funny, the entire like laugh out loud funny for a lot of it. The movie is, oh first drum roll of twenty twenty five, please ninety one minutes long, folks, one minute away from the target, which, honestly, we could have easily been cut a minute out. Maybe just take one hockey shot away or something could have made it happen if they wanted.
Speaker 4: But a minute over.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be honest, We're not gonna complain about that. It was kind of right on the money, but not quite.
Speaker 3: Right in the money.
Speaker 1: It was written by the original books author who we talked about, alongside two screenwriters.
Speaker 4: Charlie Shahanion and Sherry Simpson.
Speaker 1: I hope I am saying that right, and I'm gonna say that for a lot of news again. I was born Wilfredell. Nobody knows that I'm freedo to everybody else. We all know why we're here, people for twenty twenty five, So let's get to the swap. We open with Me Too, by pop star Meghan Trainer, a modern move by Disney, including a mainstream artist on the soundtrack. It's an opening credits montage, and we see the rhythmic dance team girls with hula hoops and batons, intermixed with well some hardcore hockey footage.
Speaker 4: We get some very.
Speaker 1: Limber girls and some successful shots on goal, focusing mostly on our main characters, high school sophomores Ellie O'Brien and Jack molloy exhibiting their respective sports skills. Now you know where I'm going with this, Sabrina, because we always talk about this. You are our dance and cheerleading expert. How do we rate the realism and everything happening with whatever the hell these young women are doing in the opening montage?
Speaker 3: So rhythmic gymnastics. This is a totally different genre that what I've I'm really attuned to in the sense of knowing their technical skills. I do love it during the Olympics, I do love watching it anytime it is on, but I don't know it as well. So the main thing is they need to be very limber, and from the shots that you saw, that is exactly what you got as a viewer, as you saw girls with extreme flexibility, and I think they shot a lot of the stuff really well. If they did use doubles, I couldn't see him, So I felt like if that was if there were doubles thrown in there, I couldn't see him. Otherwise, they somehow cast girls. The girls that were in the background and filled out the team definitely were actual rhythmic dancers. But even the girls that had main main parts looked very very good to me, So I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: And again, I know the rhythmic gymnastic community or the rhythms as I like to call them, are probably going to come after me for this, but it seems like it's a combination of circus performer and gymnasts.
Speaker 3: It's yes, it is. It's it's gymnastics for sure. And then yes, the the extreme level of extensions that they can do and the way their body is like it's like contortionists is where you're thinking like circus sol type stuff. So it definitely is a nice blend of it. I think when you're talking to a rhythmic gymnast, though, the finesse that they have versus just like the tricks of showing how much they can bend is different. And that's what I will say is the only time I could tell, okay that she obviously isn't an actual rhythmic gymnast is by their feet, like their feet are crazy pointed over extended. So that's the only thing that I would say, like stood out with the actual actors is you could tell just by their point tote like their toe point. Their point their toe point is ridiculous. So okay, yeah, you're right, though, it is a nice mix between mean what you see in a circus delight act and gymnastics.
Speaker 1: I love how you you so casually said when you're talking to a rhythmic gymnast, as if that's ever going to happen in my life. But I appreciate you you're saying that you never know.
Speaker 2: I could also learn tomorrow. I don't know that either.
Speaker 3: Any slender woman that you come across in.
Speaker 1: Your life just say excuse me, or your rhythmic.
Speaker 3: Be a rhythmic gymnast.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's gonna be my new life.
Speaker 3: I think they have tattoos across their forehead that make you know that you never know. Uh.
Speaker 1: The montage then ends and it is Thursday at the Covey High School Sportsplex. The hockey team is practicing, and Jack Bloy is trying his hardest to make varsity to join his two rambunctious brothers and his dad, who is the hard nosed coach who also looks exactly like Jason Sudeikis. But that doesn't matter. Jack's dad breaks it to him he still has some serious work to do if he thinks he's making the roster, but his twin brothers encourage him. They think he's been doing great, and they know all about his quote unquote list of goals, which includes making far. But he'll need to keep his eyes on quirky, tough kid Porter, another student at the tryouts who's been trying to move up from junior varsity for years and will do anything to get there. We are now on the other side of campus. Ellie notices her bestie Sassy, is buddy buddy with new girl Aspen, and oh man, if you don't think Sassy and Aspen are great names, just wait for it.
Speaker 4: Who is from Buffalo, New York.
Speaker 1: But hey, it's still New York, she says, And they apparently went to Fashionista camp together. Please tell me what Fashionista Gland camp is and how the hell do I sign up? Because I wanted to just see what that world is like.
Speaker 3: No, I ge this was like, where are we going with this? Why is this so over the top right now? It's too many weird names happening in the beginning, like you're throwing me off. I'm trying to like understand what's happening. It's a lot of information that's getting thrown so I'm assuming it all means something huge, and it ends up really not meaning anything except for they just they could have just they went to Gymnast camp.
Speaker 1: Anything, it's anything else. I'm sorry, are you really saying that Sassy and Aspen at Fashionisa Glam Camp is too many weird words together, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Like what, yes, please stop? I already got theirs.
Speaker 1: I know you're supposed to do, so it's working. But we also meet the dance team coach Carol, who is making some changes. She puts new pals Aspen and Sasse, which is how I'm gonna say it from now on Aspin and Sasse together, which of course infuriates Ellie. Her and Sasse have been practice partners since kindergarten, but the coach stands by our decision. They're just a better physical match. And coach Carol confirms some true rumors, also known as truemers. I love when they do that because I do this stuff all the time or all the team. No, I don't know. I didn't even know where to go that true. Of course, of course, the school is making budget cuts and is eliminating a sports team. They're deciding between the badminton team and the dance squad, so if they don't win big on Sunday, they will demote them to a club like they play chess, or they're the stem club or there. I couldn't even say this out loud.
Speaker 4: Thespians, yuck.
Speaker 1: Were you in any clubs in high school? No, because you danced and head friends.
Speaker 3: Because I was on a team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, nice.
Speaker 1: I was in the outdoors club and that was just an excuse to climb mountains and smoke pot with my friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it was a club.
Speaker 3: It was official club, believe it or not. With your school.
Speaker 2: God, we were able.
Speaker 3: To get through by you with so much our school. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But Carol thinks the squad is going to be fine. Ellie is just the old powerhouse and Aspen is the new powerhouse, so how can they lose?
Speaker 4: The pressure is on, by the way.
Speaker 1: Uh, They've established Ellie as the leader of the team and she's been the like she says, the old workhorse the entire time. We don't know anything of Aspen, but apparently she's the new workhorse and nobody how does the coach know that? Anyway? I'm not gonna overthink it, not gonna overthink it.
Speaker 4: We are back the rink.
Speaker 1: Jack is trying his hardest, but while trying to follow his dad's never ending commands, he is leveled by Porter, but instead of staying down, he gets up like you're supposed to and ends up scoring. Jack wants that final varsity spot. Coach Dad explains to make the team, you must be a plus on and off the eyes, no horse playing, and no unsportsman like Shenanigan in in in, which is literally how he says it. The hockey team and dan squad just have one thing to do now, not blow it, and they all say it in you know, they say it together whatever, unison, that's the word I was looking for, Thank you very much. It is now the next day, Friday, and the Maloys are practicing street hockey outside their house. The twins, who are obviously fraternal twins because they look nothing alike at all, are telling Jack to cut his hockey mullet, which is maybe arguably the worst wig in the history of d COM's.
Speaker 4: And that's saying a lot after we saw Descendants.
Speaker 1: When I notice how bad it is, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: It is my third Sabrina sees and here is my line. Oh my god, Oh my god, his wig? How why it's awful?
Speaker 2: And of course it was.
Speaker 1: It was integral to the story. I get why they did it. It was, it was clever. But damn, that was we have seen.
Speaker 3: So okay, this is not that long ago. No, it's not that long ago. We just covered Duck in the suburbs. And no, they had individual extensions on him to have his hair long, which looked much better. Oh yeah, this was I mean, I thought this was so bad. I thought we were going to discover in his storyline that he was wearing a wig that was.
Speaker 1: Part of it, like his brothers made him wear a wig for some reason or.
Speaker 3: Something, or like he there was a situation down under that we needed to like cover up or something.
Speaker 1: And that was Australia. I would imagine that's what you're talking about yet, right, yeah, yeah, because it.
Speaker 3: Was so bad.
Speaker 1: It was bad.
Speaker 3: Literally, oh my god, oh my god, his wig?
Speaker 1: How why?
Speaker 2: Like why why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: It was bad. But anyway, after bad wig and all being knocked to the ground with a slap shot, Jack cracks his phone screen and breaks his iPhone.
Speaker 4: We are now over at Ellie's house.
Speaker 1: She gets a text message from Aspen, who sure is very confident for the new transfer exchange student. She tells the dance girls that today is skirt Day flirt day, which sucks for Ellie, who is in pants and likes the old tradition, which is track suits before a meet. She compromises by putting a skirt over her jumpsuit, which looks undeniably awful. And again when I notice fashion and you know it's bad. We are now back at Jack's brother got him a replacement phone, but it's bedazzled pink, and I was like, where are we going with this? He says, coach, who remember is his dad, couldn't get himself to disconnect it because it's too hard. And this is where we learned that their mom has recently died and this was her phone. But no time to talk this out right now. He sprints out of the house for one on one time with Coach aaka Dad. But they had these nice, occasional quiet little beats, just the brothers who by the way, I loved his brothers in this movie. They were the best one episode.
Speaker 3: We have to give out awards, we need to have like an entire awards episode, and these two twin brothers win it. For siblings, we usually see siblings horrible siblings, mean siblings, or annoying siblings. These two guys could not have been like the most perfect that's what you hope your oldest Oh god, yeah, seriously like guys and they do it over and over and over again in this movie, and I loved it.
Speaker 1: I was still there for that too. I could not I could not agree with you more. They were like they're That relationship was like my favorite part of the movie.
Speaker 3: It was just it was these boys were so sweet and just the best.
Speaker 1: So Ellie is now ready for school, and gets a ride from her excited spiritual mom, who has feng shwaded the car for good luck. Obviously, they're trying to tell us exactly who this person is right off the bat.
Speaker 4: She also wants to get her daughter a new phone.
Speaker 1: The one she got from her dad is ancient and she's attached too much emotion to it. It's become a totem keep this in mind, people and can have control over her. And this is where we learned that her father left her family for another woman. So somebody else dealing with the loss of a parent, different type of loss, but lost nonetheless. Also, her mom encourages her to find a new best friend, since Sassy appears to be trying to find some new energy. So this is where I was like, eh, we might have another bad mom decom alert coming up here. She's obviously cares about her daughter, but buckling her in huge helicopter parent Yeah, maybe knowing way too many Like how do you already know that her best friend is looking for another best friend? This is kind of intrusive to know this much this quick.
Speaker 3: No, but it reminded me of my mom. My belief was so intuitive of things that were going on. I don't know if she was outside my room while I'm on the phone or what, but I'm telling you, she could help steer me in the direction that I needed to, especially when it came to friends, and I had a friend that was so awful to me, and she was just she wouldn't outright say it. She would just say, why don't you think about hanging out with so and so? She seems really not, you know, And she just would kind of help steer me towards other directions. And I'm so grateful that she did because she didn't outright tell me, because if she did, I would have been like, real, nope, even closer.
Speaker 1: Now you're not friends with that horrible anymore, are you?
Speaker 3: No? And I did get away from them in high school, you know, and I'm grateful for that. But this is what the house moms have, this weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true trigger.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if again, I don't know how she did it. I'm like gonna have to ask her for a class on it for it's to.
Speaker 1: Figure it out.
Speaker 3: But there's this weird trigger where, especially with friends, moms know how to like gracefully try to help, Okay, get you.
Speaker 4: Then maybe she was them. Maybe she's a great mom.
Speaker 1: By the way, when we do have our award show, I'm going to give you an award for not only the Cheetah Girls, but also for whitest white part of the eye ever. You still have the whitest white part of the eye I've ever of anybody I've ever met. So we got to make sure, Yeah, we got to make sure that that we get your an award because it's it's a great award and it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: A big eye trophy, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just think about who you want to think, Just think about who you want to thank. But I want to thank Vizine for my white part of the eye. Yeah, it's great. Anyway, it's blink.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: Blink. It's a different one. We are now back at the high school and co ed Claire sends out a text she's throwing a Paris themed house party weird, and Aspen is already trying to figure out a way to uninvite Ellie. That makes it awkward. When Ellie joins her teammates Sassy Aspen and the gang because they've taken over and it is now mean girl Central, they laugh at her skirt over her jumpsuit look, which honestly they should because it looks terrible. But also Ellie learns that Sasse likes Jack. She didn't even know that, but Aspen did, causing even more friction. Aspen convinces Sassy to approach Jack, where she gives him an exaggerated hey, Jack, but he is too nervous to even respond. Despite the massive fumble, coach Dad texts Jack more inspirational quotes. And now we have this Dad entered the DCM Bad Parent Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I'm going to hold off.
Speaker 1: On putting him there yet because while I got that he was a bad parent here, I also knew he was hiding something. You could just tell. This was not dad where it was like, okay, they're gonna have a thing at the end, but the dad is going through this was like you knew this guy was trying to put on a front. So I'm gonna hold off on putting him in that hall of fame yet if a same thing.
Speaker 3: It's like he's you could tell, and knowing that we get that information about his wife, their mom early on, you instantly have a little bit more empathy and give him a little bit more grace because he's dealing with three high school boys, and how do you navigate that as a dad by yourself with also not just you know, not saying there's not there, it's not easy, or that it's easy with a divorce, but that the mom is really gone gone sure, how do you navigate that? And also how do you work through that yourself as an adult and as like your your loss. So I gave him a lot of grace, even yes, he was starting to irritate me. And I also am like alert calms for me if if I ever get in a position where I'm coaching Monroe, like, I'm so scared that I'm gonna be this kind of like dance dance, dance, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't be that mom.
Speaker 3: Don't be a stage my worst night for him. I'm so scary for me to never be that for her.
Speaker 1: Well then you haven't asked, but yes, I will coach Monroe and okay, perfect, thank you. That'll take a lot of the on you anyway.
Speaker 3: Stress.
Speaker 1: Uh, if things couldn't even get any worse, Porter catches our boy here in the hallway. He I don't this scene anyway, catches him in the halls and bullies him, pushing him into the lockers and antagonizing him to fight so he can video it and hand it over to his dad, all an attempt to get Jack disqualified from varsity. He doesn't really he First, he pushes him down, so he's filming him on the ground, so obviously he didn't start the fight.
Speaker 4: Second, I love that Jack wants to make varsity.
Speaker 1: But this guy is fourteen feet and three hundred pounds bigger than him, So make this guy varsity for God's sakes. Even if you just put him on skates and sand him there, there needed to be more of.
Speaker 3: An equalizers is as as the villain of the story, because this just didn't make sense dynamic. Well, he's not just taller, he looks he looks like he's out of high school. We're gonna he looks like. I love James, I'm a fan of phenomenal. But at the same time, like there there needed to be it needed to be casted somebody closer to the same size and not as old looking. You got that he was a senior trying to make the team, like, you get that right, but older.
Speaker 1: It looked like he was a senior in college. Who has also been left back nine years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. There was just no there was no.
Speaker 1: Chance that acting wise have any other agreed and acting wise great casting, but looks wise, it was weird on screen. They just they look like two. It's like, oh my god, he could have been his babysitter or his dad. They could have cast him as his coach dad.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Later in the day, Ellie notices that she has a chocolate milk mustache and has since lunch, and it looks like she's just been eating a bowl of poop. She should be concerned because she should have wiped that off, and while trying to clean the feces off her face, she overhears Aspen and Sassy enter and trash talker once again. While she hides in the stall, Aspen says life is going to get so much worse for her. They even mentioned her deadbeat dad and her antique phone.
Speaker 5: Awful.
Speaker 1: Sassy doesn't actually want to hurt her feelings, which is a little late to say after all this, but Aspen offers Ellie one more chance socially to come at Claire's party, but only if she's a little less Ellie, and if she blows that it's flatline. The mean girls leave and all this makes Ellie's lip quiver, the one that's not covered in poo, like she's gonna cry, which she does off camera because it's very hard acting.
Speaker 4: Can you cry and cue mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's impressive. I can't. I mean I can, but not really anyway.
Speaker 3: I have to like work myself into it, Like I can't just like cry. I when I had to do it for scenes, I have to, Like, I can't like it. It's not like I'm at the you know, the snack station and you chat it up and then I get on camera. No, I mean I have to. But I can definitely do that.
Speaker 1: That's very impressive. Yeah, yeah, anyway, I'm not going to tell you what I have to think about to cry because it's very very sad. It's the toughest episode of G I Joe you'll ever watch. Anyway, So we see Ellie run off to the nurse's office, where she joins Jack, who's having had a bloody nose somehow, even though he was pushed down on his back and we're not gonna we like him.
Speaker 5: So it's okay.
Speaker 1: The nurse is another character actor and we're saying Now, the adults in this movie are great, and we're given an awful lot of room to be funny, which is something that happened more and more the later d Cooms, which I like was the adults were allowed to go off a little bit more on their own comedy, which is how it should be. Even if they had very small parts, they were great. Jack and Ellie, now alone with their pain, argue over the expectations placed on boys and girls and who has it harder. The nurse, sick of the bickering, suggests they text each other like every other teenager and just keep quiet. She gives back their hand me down phones and the fighting continues. Just now, it's continuing very quietly over text bubbles. They both admit that they do anything to trade lives, and facetiously they make a trade. But that's when the two text bubbles become Ghostbuster protons. They twist together in the air and blow up, throwing them both to the floor, and just like that, they have swapped bodies. It's the swap that's the name of the movie. You're Dead I wanted more than Hey, we've sent a text and now our phones are totems like coumped something, something more inhabited by the spirit of whatever they did, something the spirit of her mom said, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna leave that.
Speaker 4: I mean something to make this.
Speaker 1: More than just We texted at each other and now we swapped bodies. Yeah, but I liked everything else. The two screaming each other, quickly realizing what has happened. Ellie, who is now Jack suggests slapping each other back to reality, but that doesn't work. Jack. Now Ellie is confused why she's so smelly in weird places. I don't recall smelling this much as a teenage boy, but apparently that was the thing.
Speaker 3: Guys can't smell it, that's why.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe that's what it is. You could be right, You could be right.
Speaker 3: It can't smell.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that's what it is. Do we smell that bad as teenage boys?
Speaker 3: Well, it's that or the what is it now? It used to be When I was in junior high in high school, it was cool. Water was the like fragrance that you guys chose to Oh.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about axe axe bodies? Ray?
Speaker 3: It's like, Oh my gosh. I walk on campus sometimes and it is mind boggling how much these guys don't know how a little goes so long.
Speaker 1: Like it's not only that, but if you can buy your fragrance at a gas station and get a begger fragrance, Like seriously, if you can get a slurpy and axe bodies pray, you're in the wrong place.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I know you guys, do you guys just kind of smell like so fair enough. I guess it's better than the odor that happens the axes.
Speaker 1: But I don't know kind of. I always, by the way, smelled like roses, and still this day, I'm the best smelling person I've.
Speaker 3: Ever met because you were on here in your uh.
Speaker 1: Hey, sometimes smell like weed is a wonderful thing to smell, like, let's be honest.
Speaker 6: Uh Anyway, they figure out that the texts that they just sent are what caused the switch, because, like Ellie's mom said, both phones have become have become totems with special powers.
Speaker 1: They try to wish their bodies back via text, but of course that does not work. Okay, I'm in that's fine. Eventually they agree they have to make this work for now. Jack tells Ellie all about his life, and I love how they're like all right, we gotta do a crash course, this is my life, this is your life, including calling dad coach and the stress of hockey. Ellie talk about her mom and how she specializes in ribbon in rhythmic gymnastics. I how did you think they were kind of playing each other? I actually thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I did too, honestly. I that is something that I instantly went wow. I did see a total switch for each actor when they took on this new character, right, the being a girl and a guy's I mean, they, to me did a great job with it. I really really thought they did. I think that is one of the best parts of the movie that really pulls it off, as you do believe it is a guy in a girl's body and vice versa. Yeah, really it was good.
Speaker 1: I really did. Then immediately, of course, oh god, I same. I have to say him again. Aspin and sassy approach Ellie and Jack or Jack and Ellie or however you see them. Now, Okay, you know what, Let's go with swapped Ellie, which is actually Jack and swapped Jack. There, Ellie is everybody on board and break The exchange with the mean girls is an awkward mess. They are not helping each other here, and unfortunately Porter is back. He is taking his little videotape of whatever fight or whatever the hell he thinks he caught to the coach, but that videotape doesn't really show anything anyway, what the coach see is he using AI anyway, We're gonna it's okay.
Speaker 4: He's blackmailing him. Swapped.
Speaker 1: Ellie stands up for Jack, something Jack can barely do in his own body, and Porter is impressed. He's attracted to Ellie and offers her a free donut, which I.
Speaker 4: Thought was the sex thing.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's not, creating one of possibly the funniest things Jack could do, hook up with his bully as a prank. Did we ever think the movie was going to go there? I thought there was a chance they were gonna end up on a date, which I could have been funny.
Speaker 3: It could have been so good.
Speaker 1: It could have because if the date went really well, he could have given her a free donut. Anyway, Swapped, Ellie gives the bully a hey porty and says she will go out with him if he doesn't show the video to Jack's dad. The perfect plan and the date is set. Our two Swap main characters decide to split up. Jack has hockey tryouts and Ellie has the big rhythmic meat this weekend. Now we're obviously destined for so dcom disaster here. They also need to keep each other's phones until this is settled, all while Swapped Ellie needs to get her mom's totem book to try to reverse whatever spell this is. This is where we get maybe the funniest part of the movie here, as Swapped Ellie sprints to her mom's little red hippie car and dives into the open window just like Jack hid in his dad's pickup. It was great physical beat and as shout out here to Peytonless stunt double for the great take because it was funny. One of Jack's testosterone phil brothers is there to pick him up, and Swap Jack tries the same dive, which isn't as good as the first one, definitely less successful. It looked like he was starting to do a flip like he had his hands up like the start of a gymnastics routine, which was funny. So yeah, we get some uncomfortable conversations between Ellie's mom and Swapped Ellie and Jack's brother and swap Jack. I apologize if your head is spinning around at this point. It does get confusing because no one knows who they're really dealing with. Swapped Jack again, strange name even agrees to chopping his salad off. Could also be a sex thing. All while our two main characters continue to text each other incessantly for advice, we are now at rhythmic practice. Swapped Ellie walks into the girls locker room, covering her eyes. She doesn't want to see any of the naked ladies, you know, like any teenage boy at the time.
Speaker 3: Come on, I know, but it was so it was so cute.
Speaker 1: Give me one teenage boy who can walk in, first of all, has a girl's body of his own, but can walk into a girl's locker room and covers his eyes, never going I.
Speaker 3: Think he would be just like embarrassed if that's how he's gonna see a naked girl, possibly for.
Speaker 1: The first I think he would walk into the locker room and say, hey, Becky want a BackRub?
Speaker 4: So yes, that's come on, he's.
Speaker 1: Any any any teenage guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyone.
Speaker 1: He's fifteen years old, so come on again, all he's to look I mean, that's That's all we're talking about is looking at naked girls when you're a fifteen year old boy. Yeah, that's what you're gonna want to do, all right again, provided you're straight. If you're gay, I imagine you want to look at naked boys when you're you're that you've got sex on the brain. Your your bodies are in a constant state of flux when you're fifteen. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Are girls the same way?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Really, you know, I'm constantly.
Speaker 1: Thinking about sex and your body changing and everything when you're fifteen as a girl, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's different if maybe you like maybe like with a boyfriend, you would be more so like but like just anything like if if a schlong just came out and for I would die, I would literally not know where to put my eye. I would freak out, there's no definitely not be like.
Speaker 1: That's what a guy would do a stick.
Speaker 3: I would literally like, I don't know. I think I would pretend to faint or something.
Speaker 1: I don't right, I'm generalizing obviously not every guy you are, but one of them would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just so, not one hundred and one, but exactly.
Speaker 1: She also wears her leotar over her jumpsuit, which is insane funny swapped Ellie then starts her stretching, and this is where peyton list is her best purposely being way too aggressive and lacking any lady like coordination has swapped Ellie. It was great. Meanwhile, Jack's twin brothers dogpile him, fared on him, aren't excited, and are very excited to cut his hair. And then we finally get our first look at Jack's real hair. Thank god, the wig is gone. It looks great. Don't you agree we're back with real hair. Yes, yeah, thank god.
Speaker 3: He's got great hair. He does wonderful hair. Oh my gosh, you could do anything.
Speaker 2: With that hair.
Speaker 1: What's so funny is then go watch Cobra Kai and he's hawk because his hair is spiked and blue or red.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's just oh he's a badass.
Speaker 1: So his hair seems to be a big thing for this actor back at school, Aspen over here swapped Delli calling swap Jack and now she thinks they're flirting behind Sassy's back.
Speaker 4: Ooh, a new dilemma of breaking girl code.
Speaker 1: By the way, girl code and boycode are two very different things. Boycode is important and matters. Girl code doesn't, and Swapped Ellie is finally getting to talk to her mom about the totem theory. Her mom also reveals she's deactivated the old phone and got her a new one. Uh oh, this is gonna ruin everything. Luckily, the switch won't be official until Sunday afternoon, but now the clock is ticking. Just two days to figure this out or they're gonna be stuck in new bodies forever. I love a ticking clock. It makes everything awesome. The surprises keep coming as Swapped Ellie finds out her mom is taking her.
Speaker 2: To a physical exam.
Speaker 1: Okay, she covers her eyes with a surgical mask so she doesn't even see her self.
Speaker 4: Naked again, like all teenage boys would do.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna tell you how I would spend my first day as a woman. The doctors notice that things are off a little, but understand losing her dad must have been hard.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying I.
Speaker 3: Don't even want to continue. I'm so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna tell you. I'm not gonna tell you. And now swap Jack must attend hockey practice. Swap Jack quickly realizes his Dad isn't much of a dad, and that his teammate share mouthguards.
Speaker 4: By the way, this does not ever happen in real life.
Speaker 1: It's gross for guys, for girls, for whatever, especially post COVID. Yeah, the hockey team has a practice scrimmage and Porter is already threatening Jack with Sunday's big tryout looming. Oh no, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 4: But right off the bat swap Jack is horrible.
Speaker 1: He can barely even skate, eventually checking himself into the boards and blocking a puck with his johnson, giving Ellie first hand experience of how bad that hurts a dude. After practice, Coach Dad, he doesn't get it. Who was he seeing out there in the ice swap? Jack swears things will be better by Sunday, But then coach Dad reveals in a just horrible emotional twist that they'll also be dedicating a bleacher seat to his mom that day too, it's the first anniversary of her death. We also finally see a little emotion from his dad. It's nice you get to see the crack in the veneer. It's a nice, well acted moment. There's something below all the inspirational quotes and drills and we hope.
Speaker 4: I know, I hope, and I'm sure you did that. We're going to see more.
Speaker 1: Of that later on. Swap Delli call swap Jack with info from the Totem books she found. It's all dependent on a quest there on which swap Jack thinks is to make each other's lives better.
Speaker 4: They need to improve for each other.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow Swapped Ellie will try to get the phone contract extended, and swap Jack needs to get Porter to fully erase that fight video. Real Jack also learns about the bench dedication, and Swapped Ellie apologizes about her dad's disappearance. Then mid convo, Coach Dad walks in and confiscates the phone. No distractions until after Sunday, yet another roadblock. The next morning, Swapjack is awoken by a loud alarm, his friddy twin brothers, and Coach Dad, saying, okay, this one's stuck with me. Tim to yanks some worms again. Sounds like a weird sex thing. They're going training. We've got another montage with some upbeat, motivational rap rock, sounding a lot like a total Lincoln Park ripoff. The molloys are running through what looks like a swamp. Marsh and running drills. Swamp keep saying this Swapped Jack can barely keep up, But just when he doesn't think you go any further, his amazingly awesome and credible twin brothers step up to motivate him. They love him so much they want him to succeed. This gets swap Jack hyped and he's ready to find out what this body and testosterone can do. Meanwhile, Swapped Ellie is sleeping in, which is a nice change for Jack. She's eventually woken up by Sassy at her door, concerned about why she's hanging out with Jack. Aspen thinks she has bad intentions, but Sassy hopes she's just trying to be a good wing woman. Then Sassy gets one look at her onesie pajamas which I was wondering about that too, and decides there's no way Jack could ever like her, and earnestly suggests that next time someone is eavesdropping on her, speak more clearly, and also tells her to act less like Ellie again at Claire's party tonight. If we're giving out awards, This is now possibly the worst friend ever in the history of the Decoms We've watched, so absolutely AWF, we're going to talk about your after this podcast. We're going to talk about your friend too, because I don't like people being mean to you. You're my friend, and I don't like swapped Ellie wakes up. She walks into the kitchen and she's awake now. She smells banana bread being cooked by her quote unquote mom in the kitchen, which is also something Jack's mom used to do. It's a sad moment, but it's quickly brought back to reality when Ellie's mom reveals they are having a mom daughter spa day, which seems like this woman plans an awful lot of things that involve nudity.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: Swap Jack tells his brother he's missing their workout today because he's meeting someone for donuts again not a sex thing. But on his way out, he accidentally opens their mom's closet and we see pictures, letters, and supportive hockey merch. She seems like she was a really great mom. Even though Swapjack has no idea what any of this means, it's still emotional for everyone, the brothers, everybody. Another just great quiet emotional beat. This movie did this very very well, so.
Speaker 4: Good at the spa day.
Speaker 1: While checking in Swapped Ellie notices a cell phone store next door. She logs that for later we see scenes from the day of pampering, laughing at a foot massage, screaming from a waxing, and feeling an incredible rubdown for the first time ever.
Speaker 4: As soon as you can.
Speaker 1: Swap Delli down. Sorry, massage, it's a rubdown when you're a dude, a massage for the first time ever. Swapped Ellie sneaks out to the phone store, all while wearing a green algae mask. Meanwhile, Porter is furious to see Jack instead of Ellie at the donut date. He's gonna go show coach the video now for sure. Swap Jack begs him not to. He just wants to talk it over over a donut. Porter eventually stays and admits that he's been shafted for the varsity spot year after year, especially by a Malloy. It sucks. He's over it. Swapjack throws his life into crisis, though, asking if maybe he should find a new passion. While breaking down, Porter makes a little spoon catapult, and this gives Swapjack an idea. Just saying Swapjack over and over sounds weird. Introduce him to the STEM Club. Now, for those of you who don't know STEM, t EM club stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Club. I wish I was smart enough to have joined that I could not have Now in the club, which is luckily meeting at that exact.
Speaker 2: Moment, Porter checks it out.
Speaker 1: While swapped, Jack talks to a cute girl named Mac And there are definitely some sparks.
Speaker 2: But does that.
Speaker 1: Mean there are sparks between her and Ellie because it's Ellie, not just she.
Speaker 3: She has a moment in the very beginning when she's wearing a skirt. When Ellie's wearing the skirt, she has a moment already that says like I wish I wouldn't have caved. So you can tell that this girl has been seeing Ellie as like a potential friend, right, like she's already seen they likes Ellie to be like as a friend.
Speaker 4: But they did make it seem like there's a spark between.
Speaker 3: The tour of a love connection.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that would be Ellie not Jack. So yeah, this is where it gets a little huh huh. But we've run in this same situation before in a decom and also has found his new calling, which is the Stem Club.
Speaker 4: He's mesmerized.
Speaker 1: We are now at the phone store, while of course still in that algae mask swapped. Ellie as trying to get her contract extended, but she can't. It turns out it was her dad that canceled it and not her mom. Without the ability to fix this part of her life, and after admitting Ellie's life is harder, Jack needs something new to work on, so she's going to focus on Claire's party tonight. Ellie must fix things with Sassy to get back her BFF, even though we all know she is an absolute friend. And right then, Aspen enters the spa slash beauty parlor for tonight's big party. Ellie sneaks around to eavesdrop while she's getting her hair colored. Okay, again, this girl is trash talking Ellie. It's like she can talk about nothing else but how much she hates this girl. The hairdresser places an eyemask on Aspen. Do they often im ask you when you're getting your hair done?
Speaker 3: No? At that part was strange.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a lot of strange eye masks in this movie. And she says she'll be back swapped Ellie sees this as an opportunity to pretend she's the hairdresser and applies tons of different colors to Aspen's hair and this is a big win and Swapped Ellie is now pumped to get a makeover and a new out for the for the party tonight, and she's got to look amazing. Swap Jack is nervous and suggests a chance to relax and not just train all the time. His brother suggests Owen's game night, and swap Jack is jazzed about that, but then Porter arrives on a little scooter. Swap Jack assumes he's there to crush him, but instead he gets a big bear hug. Porter has found his calling. He's an engineer. He says he owes Jack a favor for encouraging him and erases the video from his phone.
Speaker 4: Things are looking up.
Speaker 1: We get a quick dcom montage of course, bouncing between swapped Delli getting ready for the party and swap Jack taking his mom stuff out of the closet. Swap Jack also finds his cell phone. He texts Porter he already needs that favor that Porter promised him. Then we see swap Delli get dropped off. At Claire's party, it's already in full swing, but it's really not French themed at all, except there's like a French song playing, and there's make Sure of the Eiffel Tower, and I think somebody is eating a crep. But it's like, how was this French themed? And Aspen's wearing a beret? We are low on the extra count in this movie. You can tell there's nine people at this party and they're all girls. Did you go did you have all girl parties.
Speaker 2: In high school?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a birthday party.
Speaker 1: They'd be all girls at a birthday party. You wouldn't invite guys to the birthday part.
Speaker 3: I mean what. I feel like this was sort of trying to mimic like a.
Speaker 1: Eighth grade birthday party, like.
Speaker 3: A like a girl's tea type, you know. So, yeah, you wouldn't invite guys to that. They're not going to like appreciate.
Speaker 2: I get you with you.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was kind of like that if you did a girly or themed party, you would do just girls. If you did more of just a generic one than it'd be girls and guys.
Speaker 1: Man, it must have been must been really cool to be invited to parties. Back at Jack's, Porter arrives with a zip line launcher, ready to free swamp Jack from the second floor. We also learned Porter doesn't have any friends. Don't you're dealing with Porter, I know what you're dealing with. So swamp Jack invites him to game night. A funny subtle joke here is that swap Jack, who remember is Ellie, thinks introducing a new person to a friend group is very complex since she's used to the way the girls work and the girl's dynamic. But when a guy comes to see Porter, they're immediately embrace him. They don't care. It's seriously how it works, like it's my buddy Jack, Hey, how you doing? And eat a piece of pizza. You're in that's all just girls.
Speaker 3: It's like a drill down, a lookdown, a whole thing of It's still like that. As an adult friend, I have so many friends that they have to keep their friend groups different and separated. It gives them anxiety to like, mesh there. I'm not like that. I'm more the merrier per kind of person, but I have friends still like that. Girls are still like that. It's so weird to me, but it is definitely a girl thing.
Speaker 1: Guys are like, hey, do you eat food? Yeah? Me too?
Speaker 4: All right, who friends that simple?
Speaker 1: That's how easy it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're now back at Claire's and Swapped Ellie is eating what I think is supposed to be a crep again. When the mean girls approach, Aspen points out the makeover and says it's to woo over Jack, which anger Sassy, who's still a worse friend ever. Swapped Ellie just wants to be cool, but Sassy isn't buying it, so she storms off, leaving Swapped Ellie still with what I think is the crep that she's slamming into her mouth until Mack appears. She asks Swapped Ellie to dance, and oh my god, we love them together. On the dance floor, Swapped Ellie leads the girls in a synchronized punching and lifting motion, which is supposed to be a Jack bonehead move, but everyone loves it. Mack also admits to liking Jack, which again is Ellie.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Real Jack may have promised to get Sassy back as a BFF, but Swap Jack is realizing that the real help would be ditching Sassy right on. Swapjacks exactly back at the boys game night Swapjack is scarfing carbs and ignoring his workout regime. He's trying to figure out what his life is all about when it's not hockey and training, and figures out that Jack likes girls but has absolutely no game. His friends suggest to casually hang out with a girl before he steps it up to a crush. Just get comfortable first, very very good advice. Nothing helps you understand more understand how a girl will think if you want to ask her out than having friends that are just platonic girlfriends that can help you get into that mindset.
Speaker 3: Always see, but guys don't really help in that situation for a girl.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: The opposite, No, because guys don't give any kind of advice. They'll just say just just talk to him or whatever. There's no there's no different mind works where a girl will sit there and break it down for a guy. Right, they break it down. Here's what you do. These are good, these are good ideas. Guys do not do that. I had so many guy friends that never once helped me like get the guy that I actually wanted as my crush.
Speaker 1: Like, but you know the guys that you would look for advice from that. Are your friends also want to hook up with you too?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: We're just friends?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, okay, nope, nope. Those guys that were just your friends were absolutely your friends, but they also wanted to hook up with you too. That's the difference.
Speaker 3: Yes, okayest thing you've ever said.
Speaker 1: That's it's so weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait till the comments come rolling in.
Speaker 1: Guys and girls people that are like guys and girls can't be friends. That's guys and girls can totally be friends. Guys and girls are sometimes the best friends in the world. Yeah, you still want to hook.
Speaker 3: Up with the girl? Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if that changes how you look at your guy friends. Yeah, not when you're married, not as an adult when you're married.
Speaker 3: I'm talking back at that my friendship.
Speaker 1: When you're talking about back in that age, when you're fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, the guys like you go, hey, Billy, how do I hook up with Mark? Billy's like, here's how you do it. Billy wanted you to. That's just the way, though, Bill, I know it's true. Anyway, At Claire, I'm glad I.
Speaker 3: Could educate you yell.
Speaker 1: At Claire's Aspen and Sassy continue you their mean girl ways, their bored and start to mess with people's heads at the photo booth, which gets the attention of Claire and Swapped Ellie. Swapped Delli tells him to cut it out, but Aspen and Sassey are total and fight back. Swapped Ellie says she knows Jack molloy wouldn't like this behavior because they're very tight.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Aspen takes this as a declaration that she and Jack are dating and wants to take an excursion jump to conclusions.
Speaker 2: Much there Aspen.
Speaker 1: Back at the guys party, the boys are rating girls one out of ten. This happens, which annoys Ellie in Jack's body. Eventually they get to ranking Ellie oh in. One of Jack's friends thinks she's so hot, which causes Swap Jack to do a spit take, and just then everyone gets a text from Aspen.
Speaker 2: She wants the school to meet at.
Speaker 1: The river to figure out who is Jack's bay once and for all. Uh oh. At the River, Swap Jack and Swapped Ellie arrive with their respective little party gangs. Swapped Ellie immediately tells Swap Jack to kiss her he's taken aback, but instead decides to walk to a nearby bridge they can be alone away from the group. She admits she made it seem like they were dating, which in my opinion, she'd really do. But anyway, but now they have to do something about it. It's real bro code versus girl code moment, trader versus liar, damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing. Swamped Ellie storms off and Aspen once again tries to kick her while she's down with insults, but swap Ellie has hit her breaking points.
Speaker 4: She squares up, ready to fight.
Speaker 2: Yes, finally fight up. Punch that chick in the face.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she deserves it. Let's go, let's go. I was waiting for this moment the whole movie.
Speaker 1: God, just slap her. I want a T shirt with your face, with just your picture that just says punch that chick in the face and a giant bubble next to it. That's my new favorite thing you've ever said, punch that chick in the face. So Sassy jumps in. She says, stop being such a guy about this. If you want to be besties, then sure, we're besties. But swapped Ellie is disgusted and lets her have it, calling her fickle and a terrible friend, and removes aspens beret to reveal the rainbow hair. Everything is ruined and swap Jack is furious he lost his BFF for good. Jack's dad arrives, furious that he snuck out. He wants Jack to get in the car, but swap Jack is hesitant and swapped Ellie is telling him not to do it. Swap Jack starts to cry and gives in. He walks to the car, prompting the coach to tell him boys don't cry. Ugh, ridiculous. I am not a big crier. I've never been a big crier. That's just the way I am my entire life. I just don't cry. But the idea that boys can't cry is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: If we're gonna cry, not to cry. Now, did your brothers say guys don't cry?
Speaker 2: Nope, we were never.
Speaker 1: My dad was in the military and a lawyer, but we were never raised to boys don't cry. What you know wasn't not at all we were. We also weren't raised to be the most ridiculous like the world runs on our emotions, not in any way I think we were raised with a very good balance, but no, we could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you had to cry, you cry.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's how it was. I just never did.
Speaker 1: It's probably because I'm dead inside. Anyway, Back at the Loyhouse, coach Dad has focused on punishment and Jack redeeming himself at the tryout, but swap Jack just gets in bed depressed, and this is when Dad notices his wife's things in the room and quickly leaves another one of those small tender moments. His twin brothers, ah, I love them so much, enter to try and help, and just leave the aforementioned list of goals applot device we definitely forgot about on his bed, but it works so well. It shows swap Jack the list was made when Jack's mom was alive and his mom like notarized the list. It was very sweet, It was very emotional. Swapped Ellie then returns home, furious from the party and watching himself walk away from Sassey then leave in his dad's car. We get a very warped tour Arab ballad as Swapped Ellie swipes through a digital picture frame, seeing childhood pictures of Ellie and Sassey together posing with her jerk absentee dad and now we know and she knows, he knows that she just can't lose another person in her life. That's what this is about. But also both these people are doing very bad things. So sometimes you just have to kick the people out of your life that are toxic. But tough thing to do when you're talking about your best friend and your dad.
Speaker 3: And at that age, of course, that age is not an age where you can understand, No, the tragedies that this person is, like, the trauma that this person's bringing into your life is not worth it. They don't understand that at that time, like.
Speaker 1: They just don't. And also throw in the other layer of magically being switched into another body and forget it right, Swap Jack and Swap Ellie texts each other to apologize for their actions at the party and with an idea to make sure tomorrow goes smoothly. They reveal the swap to Jack's pal Owen, which happened very quickly, and he bought it. He was like, all right, you're in different bodies and get in to open the sports complex. He accepts the situation again instantly, but hey, that's what a friend's supposed to do. Absolutely, you call a friend, don't.
Speaker 3: Know the timeframe of it, like he's just coming to help, however, and so we don't really. I mean, it's pretty that they move through it fast, but thank god because now we already know we have ninety one minutes and we don't need another minute anyways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what a friend does. A friend buys you at your word exactly. Yeah, you call a friend and say, hey, dude, I use you to show up at my house with them the shovel and a bag of lie.
Speaker 4: They say, front door or back.
Speaker 1: That's whose truck will be taken. That's all you need to know. So that's good friend.
Speaker 3: And we love him from zombies anyway, So anything he does, it's great, we love it.
Speaker 1: They use this time, a very limited amount of time, to teach each other hockey and gymnastics, since your body should be able to remember it all from muscle memory. Good idea. This would all be again, though, within a very few hours, which is not a good plan. But we get another montage watching them master their respective sports. And this is when I was like, Okay, we now officially have too many montages. You're starting to lose me a little bit, but I get it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: They have the swap versions figuring out all of what they have to do, just in time for Sunday. The rhythmic event is upon us, and the real Ellie was hope her dad would show, but he hasn't. Swapped Ellie, who is now accompanied by Owen, notices this and feels bad for her. We also see the bench dedication and it's very sweet. The bench says Heaven's number one hockey mom. Yet another montage again, I keep pointing them out because there's now at this point too many, And we see swapped Ellie killing it with the routine and swap Jack doing great with the four on four scrimmage. Jack scores a goal and Ellie completes a perfect ten or whatever the hell they score, and rhythm gymnastics a square with a circle through it whatever, I don't know what it is. The team is saved and Jack makes varsity. Our main characters meet up and they celebrate their wins, but there's only forty five minutes left to swap back. They trade phones in text I wish I had my life back, but uh oh, it doesn't fail fail. They trade back phones again and again, still not working. It doesn't work this time, it doesn't work that time. Swap Jack thinks they should talk to her mom about extending the contract, but swap Ellie breaks the bad news. It was her dad who did it. It was just her mom covering for him because he wanted a new family plan for his new family.
Speaker 3: Wow, shout on off.
Speaker 1: It looks like they will be staying in these bodies forever. Roll credits that tough set. I'm kidding. That was not the end of the movie. Nope, we are back at the Malloy's coach dad continues to be an absolute asshole. He doesn't congratulate his son at all. He minimizes the accomplishment and tells him he barely made the team. Swap Jack speaks up, asking if he knows how that makes a kid feel. Jack's dad says, you must block out emotions. You can't open yourself up to weakness. But it's obvious he's really talking about his dead wife and not hockey. So sad. On the other side of town, Swapped Ellie is walking with her mom, obviously sad. Her mom thinks it's because her dad didn't show up. Out the competition, but we know it's because Jack is now forever a lady. But the truth is both Ellie and Jack have to let go of the recent losses they've experienced. They have more in common than they think. Swapped Ellie starts crying and says she misses her mom. We get a touching scene here where Ellie's mom thinks it's about her and they embrace. It's a really well written scene where Elly's mom can be Jack's mom for a second and it makes sense for everybody. Did you love this? I love I did too.
Speaker 3: There was so much depth and how each character it was believable too. How you can take what the mom is saying to swapped Ellie and how he's Oh my gosh. It was so good and it was written so well.
Speaker 1: I just was like, wow, Yeah, they get He gets to talk to his mom again and she gets to talk to her dad again. It just really worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and at the Malloy's what we were just talking about, Swap Jack Snap's big time yells at his dad, did you even love me at all?
Speaker 4: Again? We have the swap parents stepping in for the actual parent.
Speaker 1: The character's mad at Jack's dad doesn't want to have the conversation, but Jack doesn't let up. Ending with boys can cry, they even should sometimes the twins watch on and again Jack and Elly's feelings are actually interchangeable. With this out of the way, swapped Ellie and swap Jack feel reborn. They know the goals have been accomplished, and they meet each other at the river with five minutes left. They text that they wish they had their lives back because everything is so much better, and boom, the pink and blue protons appear and they swap back bodies. They excitedly hug, and now real Ellie runs off to her mom, finally completing a hug between actual family members. Ellie announces she's gonna be okay and is pregnant. Yes, just making sure you're all still with me. She's not pregnant. Jack returns home without any knowledge of their prior blow up with his coach Dad, and they come face to face. Coach Dad immediately make sure he's now just called Dad. He admits that ever since his mom died, he's been too hard on the boys. He's been avoiding the pain, and now he knows he's wrong. He loves them more than they'll ever know. They bro hug and even his dad cries. For as messy as this movie is a time for as many montages as there were. The emotional scenes worked really, really well. But it's tough to forgive the dad. But I did, damn it. I forgave him because of everything that he went through.
Speaker 3: I just didn't forgive the change of his voice. All of a sudden, his voice it sound like a completely different actor's voice. Really, yes, it was like and I went and rewound it to and it must have been. It was It must have been an actor's choice right where he was. Coach had like a calmer, different voice and like.
Speaker 1: It Okay, I did not notice.
Speaker 3: That, man, I was like, why is she? Why love?
Speaker 2: Why did you change?
Speaker 1: It is? Now the next day at school we get updates on everyone through text bubbles. Claire says her party picks are going viral in France, which might just be the least believable thing in.
Speaker 4: The entire movie.
Speaker 1: After after they've switched bodies. I believe that, more than the fact that anything is going viral, that she did in France is.
Speaker 2: No longer right exactly It's.
Speaker 1: Called in France. That wasn't a French accent at all. I don't even know what that was. Aspen is no longer the hot popular girl, she's too shallow. Owen is going to ask out Ellie, and Ellie is suggesting Mac ask out Jack, Mac and Jack.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: And even Porter has some friends now, which he should he's forty. Then Ellie runs into Aspen and Sassy. Sassy apologizes for being a jerk, and then Ellie says she's cool not being BFFs anymore. They can just hold onto their memories and move on and they agree in peace. And this was such a weird ending for this storyline for me, it was so strange.
Speaker 3: I loved it for Ellie because yes, this girl no. And again, I think as relationships, and it's hard for girls at this age because they do meet a lot of their best friends in kindergarten, right, and then you stick with the best friend because you've just known them for so long. And sometimes people and this is a good thing that girls have to go through and know some times it's okay to just be those best friends. From that age. You don't have to be best friends anymore because you are different people with different different likes and dislikes and things like that, And in this case, Savzy's so gess to just leave alone and move on because but it was weird. I almost think it would have been better to like not have a conversation. I don't think they needed to have this, like.
Speaker 1: Just like yeah, yeah, like we're not friends anymore, but like you know, we'll always hold on to the memories or whatever. You know.
Speaker 4: Not everyone's supposed to be your friend all the time.
Speaker 1: One of the best analogies I've ever heard is you have to consider yourself like a rocket ship, and as you're flying up, some of the solid rocket boosters float away because they're not meant to fly as high as you are. Oh and I always thought that was cool that I already will every time I realize I have no friends. I'm kidding. I have wonderful friends.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 1: But the biggest surprise of all it appears that Ellie and Jack are going to set up their parents. But Jack is just as bad with women as his son is, stumbling over his words and sweating, and as the two parents flirt, Jack and Ellie text about how they wish they could help, but quickly delete the messages, thinking it could swap them again, and then we get some alternate jokes and bloopers over the credits at the end, and that is our movie.
Speaker 3: Wow, big smile.
Speaker 1: Big smile. Movie done. Let's do real reviews. We know what you well, y'all know already what we think of the movie. But what did random people think of the movie? Sabrina for twenty twenty five. I think you start with the five star review, and if I'm not wrong, it is written by somebody who writes a lot of these reviews. Am I right?
Speaker 3: Yes, unamid Welcome Back, Come Back, unnamed review, five star. This film takes deep wroths of loss and abandonment and manages to express them without sugarcoating in any way. It's unique yet organic.
Speaker 2: I think that's true.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that at all. Probably wouldn't given it five stars. Lots of montages, but I like what the sentiment. Yeah. I have the one star review to start the year off, and this is from Autumn K. As someone who read the book, I want to say that the movie honestly sucked. Ellie plays soccer in the book, not ribbon dancing or whatever. By the way, it makes it very clear in the book that Summer and Ellie both have red hair.
Speaker 2: Why are they both blonde?
Speaker 1: Then? Also, the movie cut out one of Jack's brothers entirely for some reason. They didn't even swap bodies the same way in this movie. I see what they were trying to do, but it's just not good. First of all, as an avid reader, as you can see from everything, the book is always better than the movie.
Speaker 4: That's just the way it is. But it seems a little nitpicky to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also who was Summer.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know Summer and Nellie. They must have changed it from Summer to Sassy.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe okay, yeah, or Summer matter what color hair they haven't you being crazy?
Speaker 1: I think you're nitpicking Autumn. And I don't think about your real name Autum. Okay, and now our favorite time. And I'm sensing good things in the future for Sabrina with this uh in twenty twenty five, I am not sure. Well, Luckily wrote and created this one as well. Yes, this is a new feature called Swap or Flop. We are going to get a film synopsis describing a body swap movie and we have to decide if it's a real thing or something just completely made up from the crazy mind of our producer Jensen. So again, the question is, are these body swap movies real or they completely made up? Three out of five wins. I thought I'd be good at these, and then I read them.
Speaker 3: You read them, of course I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't google.
Speaker 2: I didn't google.
Speaker 4: I read them.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have no idea any of them. I have no idea. So here we go, number one, producer Jensen, and I take it, you're on board.
Speaker 5: I'm here.
Speaker 7: I feel like twenty twenty five is a new start for Sabrina. I like, maybe we go into this without any prejudgments about what she's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that. Here we go. So number one, a self obsessed stand up comedian is on the fast track to fame when his body is hijacked by the spirit of a jealous Heckler, and now he must find a way to regain his body before the impostor ruins his career forever. If this isn't real, Jensen, you need to write this script immediately.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking.
Speaker 1: That I'm gonna say a good idea, it's real. I'm gonna say it's real. What about you, Sabrina, I think it's fake?
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty five is off to a very familiar start. It is real. It's a movie called The Heckler from twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: It's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to watch that. That's probably so funny.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Number two. While on a nature get away at a remote cabin, and expectant couple stumble on a magic box swapping out their souls and the pregnant wife's body. So then with the box, So it's a pregnant Ah, I'm gonna say, fake.
Speaker 2: What do you can do?
Speaker 1: Sobrita, uh fake fifty fifty can't get it right?
Speaker 5: That was real.
Speaker 7: It's called Swap Me Baby from twenty twenty two. If you don't believe me, it is currently viewable on twob.
Speaker 2: Swap Me Baby.
Speaker 1: Even the title, Oh man, all right, three, I love these are real. I'm gonna laugh when all five of these are real. Number three, Seventeen year old Millie spends her days trying to survive the riggers of high school, but when she becomes the latest target of the Butcher, the town's infamous serial killer, her senior year becomes the least of her.
Speaker 4: But wait, where would the swapping be?
Speaker 3: Can't tell us.
Speaker 1: It's got to be fake because unless she swaps with the serial killer, there's no swapping involved.
Speaker 3: We haven't heard of a horror film version of this just yet. It could be real.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say fake. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: We haven't had a fake once. I'll just go with fake.
Speaker 5: It's actually a really good movie.
Speaker 7: It's called Freaky, and it's very good, and it's in twenty twenty, and it's Vince bonn is truly.
Speaker 5: Amazing Bond movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does she swap? Oh, we'd have heard of this. She swaps with him, she becomes the serial killer. I've heard of this movie.
Speaker 7: I pulled the synopsis direct. I wasn't going to change anything.
Speaker 2: So, okay, I've heard of that movie.
Speaker 5: Damn it, it's great.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've heard it's good.
Speaker 1: This was like everybody was like, oh my god, he's back, Vince.
Speaker 5: He's a superstar in it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh what's it called again?
Speaker 5: Freaky like a freaky Fried?
Speaker 1: I've heard of this, Okay.
Speaker 4: Number four.
Speaker 1: Tom Brand is a billionaire whose workaholic lifestyle keeps him away from his loving wife and teenage daughter when he buys a seemingly harmless cat from mysterious pet store. A bizarre turn of events trapped Tom in the feline's body, whose name is also mister fuzzy Pants. I'm saying real because it's too awesome. It's gotta be real, real, real.
Speaker 5: It is real.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's from twenty sixteen. It's called Nine Lives, And as if this movie can't get any worse, it stars Kevin Spacey.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Kevin Spacey in a movie cat.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Oh that's brilliant. Okay, so I've got two, number number three, here we go. Number five. A sexist womanizer is killed by a group of angry former lovers. He makes a deal with God to return to Earth, but he must have a sincere relationship with a woman to make it to heaven. But one catch. He is reincarnated as a woman. Oh god, I hope it's real. It's gotta be real. I think Jensen pulled this switch through and they're all real.
Speaker 3: It's real.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be real.
Speaker 5: I did switch. I slapped them out. It's a real movie.
Speaker 7: Nineteen ninety one Switch, which stars Ellen Barkin.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 4: Does she play God or.
Speaker 5: She's she's the Woman reincarnation?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, why technically won I got three?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got?
Speaker 3: You put that in our group text the name of all these movies because I want to see every single one.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not sure you want to see the two B one, but but definitely Freaky and probably Switch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't need to see mister fuzzy Pants.
Speaker 3: No no, no no.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be watching any Kevin Spacey movies for the first time.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen. Okay, thank you so much, jens Ah, he did it, he did it. Yeah, I want to twenty five.
Speaker 5: I want to know.
Speaker 1: Here we go?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man?
Speaker 1: All right, well now can we do some Sabrina ses please?
Speaker 3: Yes, spit ho ses. Oh man. I literally loved this movie. There was just good stuff everywhere. I wanted to just point out the pork Grinds. What a weird choice that was at a school cabin.
Speaker 1: Do you like pork grinds? Are you a pork crind fan?
Speaker 3: No? No, yuck, no want to They're at school cafeterias. You you really grazed over it. But during the the invite, to the Donut date. I swear I had to listen to it, and I didn't hear it right until the third time. I thought it said you like doing it, Sally. I didn't hear donuts. Twice twice I.
Speaker 1: Subtitles on no, no.
Speaker 3: I never do, but like you like doing it, Sally. Then I was like you what it was like you like donuts? I was like, okay, but it took me three many times. I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: Another thing we never really touched on during the episode is how good the music was in this movie. I've really loved it, and I loved it because it is one of our newer movies that we've done, so I mean, right from the start getting a Megan Trainer. However, I did feel like she had a like an accent. I don't know if I've just was hearing it differently. I know, you probably don't even really know the song changed, so it sounded so different in this in the movie that I thought, oh, I wonder if they used like a like a copy, like a not not the original, like a like a spoof of the song. But then I don't know, I just I loved the movie throughout all the music spots. I thought the songs were so good and it wasn't, you know, like a musical. It was just a good and that sounds like is reminiscent for me with movies like Brink and Johnny's Unami, And like why I at that time loved him because I loved the soundtracks as well. Sure, so I felt like it was really relevant. I thought this was the best sneak out moment we've seen in a d com. Him with that like cartoony, like such a jump cup thing, him going down was so funny, and I loved I loved Porter. I thought he was so good. And then two more, did you at all get distracted by the eleven fifteen mark and the clock that was obviously in the shot multiple times and said.
Speaker 1: Eleven We never even saw it? No, or said.
Speaker 3: Something forty five like it was not The clock is in the top corner of the frame and it does not say eleven fifteen, and they talk about it this it's the time they talk about trying to get back.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, no, I didn't know. I didn't see this at all.
Speaker 3: Show a close up of it that says eleven fifteen twice but when it's in the wide shot, it's there, the clock is there, and it is not eleven fifteen. Oh my god, you're going what what?
Speaker 1: I notice that.
Speaker 3: It distracted me so much. I literally stopped and paused and got close to my TV to make sure I wasn't saying the wrong things. Did it want to? But yeah, it doesn't say eleven fifteen? And then again I already gave my app my last one, which was why did the Dad's Boys changed so jah?
Speaker 1: Which I gotta go back and watch that. I gotta go back. I can't, I can't wait. Softer and higher and just as he was not being the coach anymore.
Speaker 3: I know, I get it, but it was such a drastic change it was a little jarring for me. Loved this movie.
Speaker 1: Let's rate it, Okay, here we go. Wow, you are I'm gonna let you rate first. But how are we going to rate it as well? We know we're gonna go one out of ten? But this week are we gonna do one out of ten? Fashionista glam camps one out of ten, Pooh mustaches one out of ten, Skirts over jumpsuits one out of ten, text Bubble Ghostbuster Protons one out of ten Lincoln Park ripoffs, one out of ten Twin Brother farts, Coach Dad Sirs, maybe creps one out of ten Jack Bays, or one out of ten French viral memes. I'm gonna let you go first, which means.
Speaker 2: You get the pig. Yes, and I just want to hear.
Speaker 1: You say it, So we're doing one out of ten Pooh mustaches because I want to hear you say it.
Speaker 4: So uh rate it up, Sabrina, How would you rate that?
Speaker 3: Yn? I okay, again, I really liked it. I do agree on the way too many montages. I am also thankful because it didn't make the movie longer. I don't think there needed to be a minute tacked onto this movie. It was perfectly timed out. We could have left just to get on the nine minute mark, but I thought it was perfectly timed out. The pace was good. Montages were a little over, but it would have made the movie longer, which I wouldn't have loved. So it's kind of hard in that way. However, I wish I could even be a little bit more wish washy, but I'm gonna stick with the eight point five Wow mustashes. I would give it an eight point seventy five. It's not a nine, but I eight point five Pooh Mustaches.
Speaker 1: I just I'm so. I just wanted to hear you say it again. I think that's wonderful. You definitely like this movie more than I did. I absolutely liked this movie. I really did. It was enjoyable, it wasn't too long, the acting was great. I did have some problems with it, though. I thought the fundamental how they got into switching bodies was just lame.
Speaker 4: It might have been done better.
Speaker 2: As much as you do.
Speaker 4: But I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it with you.
Speaker 1: For sure need it. That needed a rewrite of how they got to switch bodies. There were way too many montages, and then the longer the filming on the clunky kind of got that.
Speaker 4: Being said, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I did enjoy it absolutely, and I'm gonna give this a solid seven point five po Mustaches, which I think is a fair way to start twenty twenty five. I did enjoy the movie. It needed a rewrite. It felt again, very montage heavy, but the acting was good. The emotional beats in the movie were great. It was the quiet moments of this film that really saved it. I thought the two of them playing each other did a wonderful job.
Speaker 3: I thought they did such a great job. The actors were wonderful.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully we got a chance to speak with one or both of them. Who knows, because Cobra Kai's become so big that they probably don't want to come on our tiny little podcast. But thank you everybody so much for joining us on this amazing episode. And I frankly think a great start to twenty twenty five the Swap. You know, I wasn't expecting it, totally unexpected. Good movie, good way to start the year. But our next movie is a big one. Yes, we're taking it to two thousand and two, watching the mystery comedy starring someone who is currently making a big comeback right now, Lindsey Lohan. It's Get a Clue, and it is currently available on Disney Plus, so that is your way of getting ahead of the curve. But even bigger news. In my opinion, I think for this week's Parkopper episode, we've got an incredible guest. We spoke with the director behind the Zombies franchise and other d coms like Luck of the Irish Jump In and The Cheetah Girls One World. It is the incredible Paul Ho and I can't believe he talked about writing a d com just for me where I'm it's just a musical about me the whole time, and I just get this sing and dance. I just can't wait. It's gonna be great. Thank you everybody for joining us, and remember to subscribe to our feed. You can just search for Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts, and you know, press that button and follow along.
Speaker 4: You can also follow.
Speaker 1: Us at Magical Rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine. Happy twenty twenty five, everybody, Bye bye