Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend. Today. All right, let's get into the episode. Uh, hi, hi, what is your name?
Speaker 2: Uh? My name is Vincenzo.
Speaker 1: Vincendo Vincenzo. Is that your real name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is what?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: I've never heard that name.
Speaker 2: It's like a play on Uh, it's like a play on the name.
Speaker 1: You know, this is your real name? You never heard n No, it's my name. All right, I'm gonna call you uh v v What is it you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 2: Sho? Okay? All right, well I have an actual I feel like this is a lot easier now that I'm like speaking to you. Okay, I have an actual thing that uh I wanted to talk to you about. So the job that I work at, I'm not allowed to discuss things that go on with the patients normally, but I think I am I don't know, am I I can see? Yeah? Yeah right, that's kind of like the situation, right, Okay, all you had.
Speaker 1: To do was tell me. Now I'm like thinking about it. If I'm being offensive by asking you if Vintendo is a real name. You kind of gas sled me into that. But that's okay. The uh well, and you don't have to again, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to tell me.
Speaker 2: But no, I need I need to.
Speaker 1: I need to tell you did what what's the job?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So essentially I exercise with old people.
Speaker 1: You what adult people?
Speaker 2: I exercise with old people?
Speaker 1: Okay, m.
Speaker 2: Okay, and sometimes the sessions can last like an hour an hour and a half. And at this one particular office I worked at, it's kind of like one patient in at a time, so it's very much one on one time. Now I spent like three sessions with this one lady, and I've grown very fond of her. She's ninety two. She has dementia, and she's like an absolute like bad out of hell. Like she shows up to the office and goes home with like ubers and keVs, and she barely knows how to use her phone. It's nuts. So one of like the last times I was working with her last week, we get to talk and I'm walking her out to her car and I made a silly joke about Willy Wonka and she basically says, Oh, I know Willy Wonka. That's Johnny Depp. Do you know who Johnny Depp is. I was like, yeah, I do. So she goes, I have something to show you, but you can't tell anybody. So she goes ahead and she shows me and it's like a conversation between her and Johnny Depp, and like the face on the content on the contact is like like a head like a headshot of Johnny Depp, and it was it's like the texts were like, good morning, beautiful, this is Johnny Depp. What are you doing this fun Monday morning? It was just like the most ridiculous text between her and Johnny Depp. And I was just like totally flabbergasted. And she's like, look, he's go that he's going to send people. He's gonna send like a car to take me to a jet, take me to Johnny Depp. And I was like, this lady's literally going to get stolen, fucking whatever, this fake Johnny Depp. He's going to like actually give her to the upper lumpus, like for real. And so I was trying to like be nice to her and say, you know, maybe it's not Johnny Depp after all, Maybe it's just some somebody that you don't know on the internet. And she was like, no, no, no, no, this is Johnny Depp. I'm positive of it. She says, there is one thing I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: About, though.
Speaker 2: I hear that he's beaten his woman before, and I just don't want him to do that to me, Like what the fuck. So turns out she has some kids. I told the people that I work with, and everybody was kind of like, it's not our position do anything about that. So I want to ask you what do I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, that that's a wild story.
Speaker 2: It's true story. It is really it's been weighing on me. It's been like it's been like fifteen days now maybe, and I know what we think about it. And she hasn't shown up last week or the week before. Oh Jesus, And I've been calling you since like the day.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to put Yeah, I'm fucking I'm fucking with you. Oh my god, that's so wild. Wow. Okay, here's the funny thing for I. For a second when you said that, when she was talking about she knows Johnny Depp, like I thought, I'm like, oh shit, you met a woman who knows Johnny Depp.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought for for a second too. And then the contact picture on top of it was just so ridiculous. It was so funny. Oh my top. Yeah, this little lady, she got abducted.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: So do you Okay, so you think you said this, You were like, you said that this violates HIPAA in some way, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, I don't think so because you just like can't use like specific like thinks.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to that. I think you should tell somebody because you.
Speaker 2: I brought this up to like three four people.
Speaker 1: Who who did you bring it up to?
Speaker 2: Like perceptionist higher ups? And I was like, do I take it upon myself to like go into her like I don't know, we find people who are like owning this or attached to this, Lady.
Speaker 1: What did your higher up say when you told them about this?
Speaker 2: They were kind of like, Oh, that's crazy. Well, hopefully that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: They probably deal with so much like crazy like old person dementia stuff that they're like, we can't we can't save everyone, or they probably have a mentality like that where they're just like like I'm sure they've all like been in some situation like this before war where they're all like, yeah, that just sounds like a crazy old person thing, like yeah, whatever, you know, like it's not a big deal to them. It's so wild. So the so the texts were saying, do you tell me? Tell me exactly? So what did these texts say? Did they do? They say, like we're going to pick you up in a car and ship like.
Speaker 2: That, So she was like really trying to show off after a certain point, and she's like scrolling through the whole thing. So when it stopped, she like reversed it, so like she went all the way up to the beginning of the messages, and genuinely, it didn't seem like they were talking for long. It seems like maybe they had but two days three days worth of conversation in there, and like some of like the earlier stuff was just like good morning, beautiful, like what are you up to right now, beautiful? It was just like really repetitive, like cringey shit with like punctuation, so like periods and question marks and stuff. And then like she would send back like daisy emojis and whatnot. And then as she's like going back to like the more recent stuff, you can tell that there's like a longer texts on on Johnny Depp's part, because I think he was really trying to see all the deal here, and there was something about like an offer to be flown somewhere, but I didn't see a lot of like the context. I did see though, that like one of the more recent things was talking about a flight on his end.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's another thing. Well, okay, the fact that you said she stopped showing up is concerning. But I.
Speaker 2: But this this woman, this was this one was thinking about this before even the thing.
Speaker 1: This woman is ninety two years old and has dimensioned could I don't like, can she get in a how does she can she go places without people? Can she like physically mentally, like even get to the airport and go on a flight and follow because she's like all the instructions that you need to do that, like the the the action of going to the airport, going through airport security, booking a flight, doing all that shit. It's kind of a like she can you do all of that without some without needing help from somebody who says, hey, why are you going to uh Taiwan? And when she says Johnny jet that like can she even get that far?
Speaker 3: God, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But just like the fact that, I mean, what do you even do with like a ninety two year old? That's another thing I was thinking about. I'm sure that there's a market for weird shit, buth And like the thing is is like the two kids, Like from what I've gathered, supposedly just kind of like we're around and then we're less around, and then we'ren't around at all. So even if they were like give us one hundred grand or your mom gets it, they might be like kids, Grandma's not showing up a Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, this was just like.
Speaker 2: The most like that thing, And I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 1: So you told the higher up. The reception is told a bunch of people, and nobody said.
Speaker 2: It was like it was. It was received in like more of like a kind of like a silly funny like did you hear about this?
Speaker 1: The problem is that it is the problem is that it is like pretty funny.
Speaker 2: It is kind of hysterical.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny. But I'm I'm comforted by the idea that I don't I don't think she this woman can get into an airplane by herself. I don't think she can do all those things that you need to do to be able to get into an airplane that's especially like an airplane that like somebody.
Speaker 2: Else is because then they.
Speaker 1: Have to like get like if if she's getting flown out, then she has to like get find a way to sign into a thing to get money from somebody and then book a whatever. It's just too much stuff for a then need two year old woman with dementia to figure out without somebody stepping in.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know. I mean, if they're driving to her house, can it just end right?
Speaker 1: There was their plan. It was their plan for her to drive, for somebody to drive to her house.
Speaker 2: I can't. I cannot say like I saw like anything, but I did see it.
Speaker 1: Like do you do you think about calling the police?
Speaker 2: Oh God, or like.
Speaker 1: Like a human trafficking line or something like that.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, I mean, did.
Speaker 1: You say about any other like Johnny Depp? Guys, Johnny Depp?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just like such a it's such a name. It's like, I don't think that there's gonna be like a repeat Johnny Steeler.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I don't, I'm gonna do this. Let's open the We're gonna open the chat for questions. Okay, I'm I'm I'm as out of loss about this as you are.
Speaker 2: But then that's the thing, right, Like I guess it kind of supersedes. But then it's like also her personal trust, like one of the first thing she said to me, was like, now you can't. Now, you can't tell anybody about this, and so like I thought about it for like four minutes, and I was like, Nah, this is fucked up. I gotta tell.
Speaker 1: Someone, all right, I gotta say this. There's a there's a user in the chat. Yeah, and their username is creepy underscore guy And he said, is she hot? And you don't have to answer that? Oh okay. Multiple people are saying that, but that we don't we don't need that, all right. A lot of people are saying this, a lot of okay, a lot of people are saying this, and this is, and this is, and this is and by the way, by the way, I agree with this. I agree with what a lot of people are saying in the chat.
Speaker 2: She looked like the old Rose from the Titanic.
Speaker 1: What's the old Rose?
Speaker 2: Like the older version of Rose? Okay, she looked like the old old version of Rose.
Speaker 1: People are saying that it's a money scam. There's no human in physical danger. You asked what would they want with a ninety two year old woman, and the answer is most likely money, which, don't get me wrong, sucks. But I don't think she's gonna I don't think. I don't think she's gonna get on a plane. She'll make it her bank account wiped. But I mean, what does she need money for? She's ninety two years old.
Speaker 2: God damn, I think I'll feel a lot better.
Speaker 1: Wait, oh wait, wait back again. I have an idea.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 1: You've some you go comb through. You're gonna have to break a few rules for this. Here's what you do. You comb through the records of the hospital. No, you comb through the records of the fitness place. You find her phone number, You text her, and you say, what's her name? What's her name?
Speaker 2: Rose?
Speaker 1: You say, Hey, Rose, I know you don't recognize this number, but this is Amber heard. Whatever you do, under no circumstances, should you get on a plane to visit my ex husband Johnny Depp? And that'll convince her.
Speaker 2: Okay, that does break a funerals.
Speaker 1: That's what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you too. Man. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Yes, you all scare me.
Speaker 1: Have a good night?
Speaker 5: Is better?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 1: How all?
Speaker 4: From Artemis?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 4: Am I actually on air?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 6: This is Artemis?
Speaker 1: Artemis. How old are you, Artemis?
Speaker 4: I'm twenty four.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that was the story.
Speaker 1: How's life, Artemis?
Speaker 6: Life has been not too bad. I can't complain too much.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Complain give me something everyone. Everyone who says that is lying. There's always something to complain about. That's my motto in life. I'm very unhappy. Give me something, give me something to complain about.
Speaker 6: I can complain about my ex boyfriend like people.
Speaker 1: Okay, actually, you know what. I wanted to ask you this before we do any of that, because I was mainly just trying to be funny. Is there anything in particular you wanted to call in to talk about?
Speaker 4: Uh? Kind of the situation I'm in right now with him?
Speaker 1: I just needed Okay, all right, the ex boyfriend is the Okay, all right, what's up?
Speaker 4: To give you some background? We met in our twenties because we worked.
Speaker 6: The same job.
Speaker 4: And after it's say about a few months, we started talking and then we started dating. Okay, so fast forward about six months, two years, we move in together.
Speaker 6: Things are going great, things are.
Speaker 4: Going nice, and then he happens to go through my phone and see these old text messages that we're saying, like, because I was having second thoughts about being with him for a second, but I talked it out and I told my friend. I was like, you know what I'm going to say. But for some reason this really made him mad.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So these were old texts that he found between you and your friend where you were talking about how you weren't sure if you wanted to continue being with him. Yes, okay? And why was he looking through your phone?
Speaker 4: I have no idea. I didn't know he was doing it because I was driving, so I wasn't really looking at him.
Speaker 1: All right, MM, was there anything in that? I mean, first of all, I don't he should. I don't think he should have been looking through your phone. I don't know how you feel about that or if that upset you at all.
Speaker 4: It did, because I mean, I don't have anything to hide the war. Are you like going through my individual messages looking for things?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think I think that's the I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's very good. But was there I mean, I guess aside from that, was there anything in particular, that any quotes in particular that that he saw that he was upset? By.
Speaker 4: Honestly, all I really said was I kind of want to.
Speaker 6: Or I asked should I break up with.
Speaker 4: Him to pursue something with someone else?
Speaker 6: And they were like, do you really like him?
Speaker 4: And I was like, yes, I do like him a lot. And so they said, well, don't ruin it, just stay with him, and I was like, okay, so I don't.
Speaker 1: Do okay, but this is your ex boyfriend. So how recently did this happen?
Speaker 6: That was when we were first together?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So you guys, this has been all on and off, on and off situation going on?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: And when how recently has how? For how long has this recent off been off?
Speaker 4: The West broke up for the final time, like in a ma.
Speaker 1: Al right, it's been a while. It's been like three months?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Why are you guys? Are you guys in contact at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: See, I have talked to him since May yea, all right, So what's the what are the contemplations in your head? Is it like I'm debating if I'm going to talk textas person? I'm what what what specifically in this is giving you problems? Is it the moving on? Is it the should I move on?
Speaker 4: It's more like I I have moved on. I have no feelings for him. Okay, but we are going to be attached to each other for at least eighteen years?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is have have the eighteen years begun?
Speaker 4: They begin in December?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the bad part.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. All right. Well was it an accident?
Speaker 4: It was not PLM, but it was not.
Speaker 6: What's the word unexpected?
Speaker 1: Does that mean we were having a bunch of raw sex and we're like fuck it. If anything happens, it happens. And then it happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? And how long? How December? So you've been pregnant for how long?
Speaker 6: I will actually be six months on Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay? And like, look, by the way, you can talk to me about as much or as little of this as you want to. But at the beginning of this, where you were you like off the bat, like I'm gonna I'm gonna go through with this. I'm gonna keep.
Speaker 4: It, yeah, because I've always thought that, I'm like, if I do ever end up with a kid, I'm gonna keep it because the thought of giving it away would break my heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, what about him? What's the conversation with him? Look like, is he want to be in in the life of the of the kid or is he is he what's his deal?
Speaker 4: His deal is that he hates me apparently on the devil and you know, we just don't talk. He told me not to talk to him, so I was like, Okay, don't hear people. Don't hear a word?
Speaker 1: Brothers Okay, So he doesn't want to be in the kid's life at all.
Speaker 4: He has actually threatened for full custody because I'm quote unquote mentally insane.
Speaker 1: So he has threatened you for full custody. Has he like reached out to you via a lawyer in the past three months? No, Okay, do you predict that he will? Has he had has he shown any interest of like, like, is he gonna pop up in December and just be like, hey, what's up? Like, what's what's his what's his deal?
Speaker 6: Thankfully he lives two states away, so.
Speaker 4: Very unlikely.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. Has he like and he hasn't reached out to you at all to be like, hey, here's the what's the plan with the baby? Like or showing any sign that he's gonna do anything to try to be in the in the in the life of the baby.
Speaker 4: No, because myself and others that talk to have all said that if he does try to go for custody, it will be just to make me upset, because outside of that, I don't see why.
Speaker 1: Yeah mmmm mmmm well look, I don't know how any of that ship works. I'm not a lawyer. But all right, so I mean, look, aside from your relationship with him, how are you feeling about having this kid? Do you feel? Are you excited about it? Are you are you scared about it? What's what's your feeling about that?
Speaker 4: Definitely nervous sighted I've always wanted to be a mom. I have no dream job, but I like raising a tiny person to see what kind of person they've become.
Speaker 1: You've always wanted You've always wanted to be a mom, So this has been a thing you've you've wanted for a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but with him specifically.
Speaker 1: No, But it's happened, all right, So I guess that explains the whole Like we're going to do it, rob and whatever happens happens, because you were like, all right, if it happens, it would be something I wanted anyway, Well, it was.
Speaker 4: That and before like all that happened, we hadn't talked for a while, and then he randomly started talking to me again and he was like, yo, you know, come move down here, come be here with me. I can take care of you.
Speaker 6: La la la la la. So I believed him.
Speaker 4: He's like, I've changed, I've turned a new belief. So I thought, you know, want not give him a you know, and that leak was still the same at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, oh man, so I said, you're gonna have a kid.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. It's very eye opening.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That's good that you that's good that you wanted it, you know, because I mean it sounds like it's not. It didn't just spring up on you like, oh, I'm trying this kid. This kid is going to ruin my I'm trying to become a social media influencer doing uh uh Roy Rogers muck bangs, and here's this child coming along to ruin my subscriber growth. This is what you wanted to do.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is what I wanted.
Speaker 1: I mean, I stay together, by the way, I just want someone. I want just this is side note. If anyone does want to do the Roy Rogers muck Bank channel. You can do that idea. I'm not going to do it. That's a a you open source idea for anyone listening to this to take and roll with. All Right, So are you are you? You don't? You seem prepared. You seem prepared. I'm not worried about you. You seem you seem prepared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've kind of thought this through for a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's just the I get all right, so in this whole situation, in this whole situation, tell me, because there's a lot of moving parts, and you see and look in the moving parts that I would if I was in your situation be the most worried about. You seem pretty levelheaded and calm and and maybe the answer to this question is is nothing, but like what parts of the situation of the situation are bothering you?
Speaker 4: Not knowing if he will actually try for custody or.
Speaker 6: Not, and just.
Speaker 4: The way things ended in general.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, do you have a job, yes, Okay, what do you do?
Speaker 3: I'm aista cool?
Speaker 1: Okay. I was gonna say, you should talk to a lawyer about this. You should talk you should you should talk to a lawyer. They're they're gonna be the ones that, uh have you thought? Have you done anything like that? If you have, you googled it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, googled it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did Google say? I'm the worst advice gecko in the world telling people to google stuff.
Speaker 4: I actually went to Reddit and someone read it told me I need to look at my state laws. So I did, and it says, because we are unwed, I have full custody and a.
Speaker 6: Few of his suggestions.
Speaker 4: To do so that way, he has to go through some steps in order to actually try to fight for said custody.
Speaker 1: What can I see you? What state? You're in?
Speaker 4: Indiana?
Speaker 1: Indiana? All right, So in Indiana, if you're not married, Uh, you you just have full custody of a kid. Yes, man, all right, that's pretty cool. I mean, I don't know, dude, if I were like, I don't know how the law works, but if I were a judge and it was like and it was like, you hung, you were chilling with this guy this baby for nine months and he didn't make any anything of any stuff, any any anything of any and you're just chilling with the baby. And then when the baby pops out, how's he gonna just.
Speaker 4: Show up, you know, yeah, because I'm not going out of my way to contact him because, like I said, he told me to stop talking to him, So I don't know what he wants me to do when the kid is born, Like it's at that point it's somewhat my responsibility to alert him that the baby is born, tell me not to talk to you.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I mean, he knows, he knows your he he knows you're pregnant. Mm hmm, I mean if he, dude, I don't know, I don't. I mean, you obviously you're obligated to tell him that you're pregnant, but like sending him a reminder email when the baby is born, it's like he fucking knows, you know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: If my first few appointments.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, dude, you gotta talk to a lawyer about this. But I don't know if the if all right, I'm not even I'm not even joking. I think if Reddit says you're good, like I wouldn't take that as gospel that you're good, but you're that means you're you're that means you're like probably good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm really hoping so like, I'm gonna definitely if I need a lawyer if he decides to try anything, which I really don't think he will, but there's always an off chance he might.
Speaker 1: He's not a therapy Pico fan, is he?
Speaker 4: Uh No? I that all right?
Speaker 1: Cool because that it'll be a it's been an interesting podcast for somebody to find out they have a son.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what the baby will be at.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? You don't know what the baby will be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to keep a surprise for myself and wait till like we have a little baby party.
Speaker 1: Oh Like, if it's a boy or a girl? Mm hmm, that's cool. Do you have a do which one? Do you hope it is?
Speaker 4: I'm hoping for my own sanity a girl because I just would know how to raise her better than a boy, because I don't know when they get to a certain point, how to like guide him through life with his man troubles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, life to ask but mm hm, that's so that's my only advice to you. Well, yeah, I don't think my mom ever walked in on me jerking off. Actually she might have once, but it was I was like I was I was just kind of I had already like kind of ended and I was just kind of sitting there, so it wasn't as bad. It's like if it had happened while I was doing it. So I and I say that story to say that boy or girl, you'll be fine. You seem like you have a level head, you seem like a smart person. I'm glad. I'm glad that you're fulfilling a dream of yours. And you know, also sounds like you got you got good family around you too, So I think you'll be good. Do you think you'll be good?
Speaker 6: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm like mentally and emotionally prepared for this.
Speaker 1: That is more than most folks could say. I hope you understand that what is your what is your name again?
Speaker 6: Artemis?
Speaker 1: Artemis Artemiss? Is there any is there? Well? I guess is there anything else I can I can do for you? Or that you wanted to say or talk about or anything or anything at all before we go?
Speaker 4: I guess I could say that if someone promises you.
Speaker 6: That they will take care of you and love you.
Speaker 4: And do all sorts of things for you, make sure their actions back it up.
Speaker 6: I know people hear us all the time.
Speaker 4: Actions speak louder than words.
Speaker 6: That's extremely true. And don't trust.
Speaker 4: People that use therapy words out a context or wrongly.
Speaker 1: I mean, Artemis, good luck to you and have a the rest of the.
Speaker 4: Night you too, well, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's what I love about Amazon Prime. They promised today shipping, they deliver it. They didn't even pay me to say that. That's just what I thought about from that context. Paul from Hello, Hi, Hi, what's your name? Eclipse? What's up? How's it going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is wow?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh my god. I had a feelure again in I'm like cleaning a house right now, and I don't know if I should fee the phone, but but I got you on my shoulder, so I think it should be good.
Speaker 1: Or is your cleaning a house like for somebody else?
Speaker 5: Yes, but they're not home right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is that your Is that your job?
Speaker 5: It's like a little side husholes thing try to make more money because I don't like working a real job. So like I spend a lot of energy trying not to work a real job by working doing lots of random things.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that approach a lot. That's that's uh, that's a good approach, right, because you don't want to have to get like a nine to five, Like, uh, you know, you're committed for the rest of your life to this amount of hours being in this place at this what you're you know, taking taking gigs, that's all. That's I like that way of the way of doing things.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I actually just got a real job that only worked out like two days a week. It's the first time in my life. I'm like twenty six. I finally got a job at a cafe.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 1: What uh? What? What? What kinds of odd jobs do you do? Just like cleaning and do your uber drive or anything like that.
Speaker 5: I yeah, cleaning, I do some like random art commissioned stuff. Okay, I am the person who gave you the like being John Alkovic kick picture.
Speaker 1: Oh I know exactly who you are.
Speaker 6: Yeah from Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: That was an amazing show.
Speaker 6: Everyone go to Aisle show if thanks man.
Speaker 1: That was that was one of my favorite. That was one of my favorite ones. Man, Vancouver. That was cool. I felt like that was one of those where I got off the stage I was like, oh that actually that that went pretty well. That was fun. Hell yeah, Well, uh dude, is there anything in particular that you wanted to talk about? It's okay if not, we can keep we can talking about how Vancouver show topics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Vancouver Vancouver show.
Speaker 1: What yeah, give it. You can whatever whatever you want. Man.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I'm just confused in life in general, Like a lot of people are that call into the show. So she was like, like, for with you, for example, like you just choose something and then all of a sudden, the ball can get rolling, and then you're like, in it's super deep because I'm like afraid to fully commit to something you don't know where it's going to go.
Speaker 1: Well are you if you are you talking about with me, Like I chose this gecko thing and now it's it's the ball is rolling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like you're just doing random stuff on Reddit and then I just like took off and now this is like your thing and everyone's like, don't ever stop while.
Speaker 1: Well, so, well, you know, this is actually is interesting that you bring this up because I've been thinking about this a lot. Is I didn't really chew. I didn't really there was no thing in my mind of like I'm going to become therapy Gecko and I'm going to dedicate my life to it. It wasn't like that at I was, like you said, trying different things, and then this started working. The reason I do this right now is because not the reason I just I like that. Okay. So the first like video I posted of this like instantly got like two million views, and I think the first the one of the first live streams ever did this went to the front page of Reddit. And if that, if it didn't, if something didn't happen immediately, that made me go, oh, okay, this isn't the most stupid idea in the world. I wouldn't have done it. I don't think therapy Gecko was one of those ideas I would have tried. I would have just gone at for years and been like, one day it's gonna catch on, you know. I would have done I would have done I'm I like doing stuff. I like tinkering around and and trying to do different things. Uh so I would have done something. But it wasn't like a choice kind of like what you're I mean, kind of what we're talking about. Yeah, it's just doing meantapising. And now the gecko has become an umbrella upon which I can now fuck around and do different different things. It's just I'm I do them as a gecko now. So what are you trying to? What are you afraid of choosing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I guess gosh, I don't know. It just seems like people get sucked into doing jobs. So I love doing these littler things so they have no responsibilities attached or timelines.
Speaker 1: What would you do? What would you do? I mean, you're an artist. You gave me that that cool John Malkovich gecko piece? Or do you do you? Is that something you want to do as a career of some kind?
Speaker 5: What's funny was doing? I don't know if you have done any like music or art stuff before. As soon as you start to put too much importance on it, it kind of sucks the fun out of it. So I've been trying to figure out, like if I just need to figure out like exactly will be super fun for me for art, or if there's like a really important purpose attached to it, because then that'll maybe give me some.
Speaker 6: Sort of drive.
Speaker 5: I have very little drive to work or do stuff at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel that I feel that, well, you work just enough that you can, like not you how how how much time does it take for you to like pay rent and eat food?
Speaker 4: Not too much.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty lucky. I'm in like a really janky, weird house where everything is broken, but it's really cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like them, but I like that idea. I like that idea. I like the idea of getting your expenses to however little they can be without.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then just working like a little bit of like some random job like cleaning someone's house or doing boob or something like that, just to like cover all that stuff. And then you have just like and now you just have a bunch of free time.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 5: It's a great which is amazing. I feel like I have a lot of freedom.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of time, But I also don't have a lot of money, so I also don't have a lot of Freedom's so weird, paired.
Speaker 1: Off, M Okay, what do you want to do? Well, let's get into that. What do you want to do with your freedom that you cannot afford to do.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Travel for one. Okay, So I do really appreciate the place that I'm at like Fritish Columbia is so big that can spend a lot of time traveling.
Speaker 1: And what's your what's your dream destination if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Speaker 5: I don't know nothing. Maybe first time I want to go to Cuba.
Speaker 1: Southeast Asia, Southeast Southeast Asia, all right, I mean how much does it cut? How much is how much is a flight from Vancouver to Thailand?
Speaker 5: I truly have like around zero dollars all the time. But it's it's like it's weird. It's like a weird massickest, Like I like, it's like kind of fun trying to navigate life, like having very little money.
Speaker 1: Right, No, I understand, Like, like I really want a poutine, but I couldn't afford poutine.
Speaker 5: So I went to the community fridge when there happened to be a half open bag of frozen fries and the Boston Bravy and am W and I put some of my own cheese on there, and I made my own poutine. I felt just like so really good about that.
Speaker 1: You should you should because and the reason you should feel good about it is because you're you don't need, like you know, there's there's guys out there who have like a million, they have like two whatever, ten million dollars. If they had zero dollars, they'd be fucked. But there's nothing really you can't get like so fucked that you can't figure something out. You know, there's like a truck. There's a strong sense of like independence in there to be proud of.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that what you feel like a sense of independence?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's also like I know that like if I had like a hundred times more money, then I'm not going to be a hundred times happier. It could be a very little incentive to try to gain more by working. Yeah, yeah, spending your days doing stuff you don't like doing.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, dude, ship if you can get over to Thailands, I don't know how long you're planning to stay there for, but uh, there's a there's I've I've talked about this all on here a lot, and I think about it just in my personal life. Like you can just find some remote gig or find some like work away gig in Thailand, and then you got to find a way to you know, save up the flight to get there, which will probably cost you know whatever, seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: It's a lot more doable, and I think I just got to get up with the hunts of.
Speaker 1: Well that's the that's the thing is is have you have you like priced it out at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I really I really like, like I've been really enjoying just establishing myself in Vancouver also like just you know, getting friends and like you to be a part of communities and stuff.
Speaker 1: Cool. Good.
Speaker 5: So at the same time, it's like I don't want to leave yet, but it's definitely in like I have it in the back of my mind. It's like something I gotta do.
Speaker 1: Well, what else? What else is bothering you?
Speaker 5: H Oh, I don't know what is bothering me? I guess I just am continually bothered by like not being in the present moment all the time.
Speaker 1: You sound pretty in the present moment. You were you were talking about how you wanna you wanna establish yourself with Vancouver and you're going to things and hanging out with people and you're enjoying that. That sounds pretty present.
Speaker 5: I'm on like the path of it. But you know how, there's like a feeling of like just being kind of unsettled because you're like thinking about the future of past too much when like I don't know, like even just like right now, there's like beautiful views right now, and I'm trying to be grateful just to be able to see out this window. Yeah that I'm cleaning, it'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, all the time, I got stuck into worrying about stuff, and I guess.
Speaker 6: That bothers me.
Speaker 1: Dude, I met this guy I was there was a dude who was like, Oh, there's a guy who I work at the air at the counter at the airport, and I was checking my bag in with him, and I was like, how are you doing? And he looked at me, and it was like seven o'clock in the morning, Like this guy woke up at four am. And he looked at me and very genuinely said, I'm doing fantastic. How are you doing? And I was like, do you actually? And just in a way where I was like, oh, this guy, this is not like a customer service and this guy, I could just feel that he meant it when he said it, and so I asked her. I was like, do you really do you really mean that? You look like you mean that, and we he didn't flinch. He was like, yes, absolutely, there's something to be grateful for every day. I'm just grateful to be here. And I was like, damn, this guy, this guy, and this guy is and this guy is like in this guy woke up at four o'clock in the morning to go get screamed at by hundreds of people every day at the airport and he's he's doing great, you know. And I was like, fuck, man, this this guy is something. What this guy's got something? What is it? What is you know? How do I access that? Some people I think are born with more of that than others. You know.
Speaker 5: No, I've been working on it pretty hard, like throughout the pandemic. I started listening to during like the very beginning back in that living with my parents, and yeah, just like the main thing I was working on, I was just trying to be happy or at least contend or whatever, like not fiending so much.
Speaker 4: Things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did an exercise. I was a journal today, just trying to you know, think about like, uh, sort of reassess that's my perspective on my own life instead of getting upset about it. It's a helpful thing to do.
Speaker 5: Indeed, Yeah, I find journaling is really hard. To keep up with or just like any habit it's very difficult.
Speaker 1: Vancouver's got nice trees.
Speaker 5: Oh, it is very nice here.
Speaker 1: That's what you say when you when you run out of conversation topics. But no, I shouldn't have even said that, because you you it actually ended up being a conversation topic.
Speaker 5: I can tell you about where I came from before Vancouver, because it's just on a trip that I'm like living here, like I can't believe that I have stayed in the.
Speaker 1: City for so long.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, so I came from a town of like four hundred people and there was no self service, and we didn't have Wi Fi or a toilet or there was no police there. Like it was just truly in the middle of nowhere and just kind of self governing and insane, kind of like Charlotte Park Boys but hippy mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: And now you're in the big and now the big city of Vancouver.
Speaker 5: Now I'm in the big city, and it's weird because some of my friends are living in this kind of like commune situation and they just don't pay any money and they're having a great time, and I just am always wondering, like what the heck am I doing out here?
Speaker 1: What Dad? Are you doing out here? You just your friends are in a commune that sounds like you're That sounds like you're a kind of thing that sounds that sounds up. I've only known you for fifteen minutes, but that sounds extremely up your alley.
Speaker 5: Oh it's it sounds amazing. But you know, I have to get out of it, like I grew up there my entire life. Oh okay, yeah, and they're missing the arts scene. So I'm trying to figure out if I should go out there and just like start something.
Speaker 1: Why don't you, hey, hey, why don't you just start a commune? Someone's got to start it. Why just start the city Vancouver commune.
Speaker 5: That was amazing. I thought about making a weird underground society.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you. I don't know how you start a commune because you have to find a place to live that's free.
Speaker 2: Hee.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what you can do? Watch a b oh. I guess, I guess. I guess. If you get like, if you get like four hundred thousand people to give you one dollar, you can buy a plot of land and all of them can take turns living on it. Like a like a like a timeshare commune that's not like before?
Speaker 5: What's the math on that? Like you don't be able to live there like once every few years?
Speaker 1: Screw math? Math is uh, we we do we don't. We don't abandon our families to join communes to do math eclipse. You said your name was yeah the clips? Is there anything else you want to say to the people the compute here before we go?
Speaker 5: Thanks you guys all for listening and being a part of the gek team, and I hope you guys all enjoy your life you as well.
Speaker 1: Good luck with with with eating food and living in a place.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. Have a good night.
Speaker 1: Hey folks, I'm about to play a clip from this month's bonus episode. Bonus episodes are available to premium subscribers of Therapy Gecko, who also get access to all episodes, ad free recordings from my live shows, and a whole lot of other fun stuff. You can sign up to become a premium member at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description. So here is the clip.
Speaker 3: I'm having to go hide in my garage and talk to you.
Speaker 1: Tell me this thing that you had to hide all the way in your garage to tell me.
Speaker 3: Well, my dad interrogator who basically played the ultimate game of hide and seek with the most wanted person owners easy in my stepdad, but mine, my biological dad isn't around. And that's because part of the reason is when I was young, my stepdad came into my life and kicked my biological dad's ass, and then he got put in jail from it and used his connections to get out of jail. And it. Yeah, it's it's a whole lot of things, but essentially, my stepdad was the interrogator who looked for oslom bin Moden.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear this full episode, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to become a premium member now and that's the end of the podcast. Thanks for listening and thanks for not hitting me in the head with a stick.
Speaker 7: Therapy Cant goes on the line making your phone calls every night. The Rephine Cant goes doing his night's teaching you to houses of your life, but he's not really an expert.