Speaker 1: Thanks to chronic goals.
Speaker 2: This is not your average shows.
Speaker 1: You're now tuned into the rail at.
Speaker 2: Hello. Welcome to the gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the purple Michael on your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles, leave a five star rating and comment It's called the trip up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I thought she was over there drinking of forty guns. I thought she was taking the forties to the head.
Speaker 1: Hell no, them days, it's long gone.
Speaker 2: Did you drink forties back in the day?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, shit everybody? Did I think? Man?
Speaker 2: I was the forty ounce like I was the forty ounce king. How many forties could you drink at a time? Oh No, I wasn't no alcoholic. I could drink and I wasn't no alcoholic. See I think I was low key. But if you alcoholic, that means you can't quit. Right. I was able to stop drinking eat pretty easy. But man, I should drink like sixty seven forties at the time.
Speaker 1: Now, we used to get loaded. Now you know, recording would slip and shit studio We used to do our fair share of drinking. And yeah, them days is you know, I think that's young niggas. I think, you know, with all the vices we had.
Speaker 2: Sold on moves you saying about the vices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, niggas was smoking cigarettes and doing our kind of shit coming up. So you know you have to let some of that shit fall.
Speaker 2: Oh, you gotta look the majority of it go because your body. Man, after a while, your body goes start to portray you. Dog Like, I don't even think I could drink a beer.
Speaker 1: Now. If I drunk a beer, I probably get sixty my stomach. I could drink a beer, but I'll just choose not to. You know, niggas smoke enough, you know what I'm saying. Enough tree, so I figure that's enough.
Speaker 2: And let me ask you this, bro, if you had to stop smoking weed for a month, could you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah in about three weeks?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think, man, everything I think, especially weed.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I think weed is harmless, especially if you want to. I'm not really with the little kids smoking weed, man, especially this stuff.
Speaker 1: They got to dam they gotta be careful, you know. They don't introduced the game and shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, so gosh, y'all age dog over there, me eighties dog people. So if y'all hear dogs when we be doing these remost don't trip, we do.
Speaker 1: They. This is what I call laid, motherfucking late night hype tie. It's where they get to running around like crazy and she like motherfucking kids. You know, they need to go lay down and go to sleep. So around this time they get to running around like crazy, chasing each other, barking and trying to find everything they can to chew on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, that's my dog too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know I was going for the past few days. Man, I went to this. I went to a like a retrieved man. But it was a little different because you had to check your phones in everything. You couldn't be on the phone, no electronic devices. Right, I'm gonna tell you man, my head feels so clear now. I feel like I'm lighter now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's something to that bro.
Speaker 1: Staying off of your phone and social media and all the other shit that's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because what I realized, man, people are emotional vampires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are emotional vampires.
Speaker 2: They dog Your whole moved. You have a good thing going dog and flying ring and it's like your day, just get washed matter of seconds that you're dealing with some bullshit.
Speaker 1: You know, Man, you gotta serve. Sometimes you gotta distance your self from shit. You know what I'm saying. I used to tell my nigga chill. Sometimes you can't make yourself as accessible to people. Sometimes you just got to take a break, man, because if not, man, you'll be going all day and everything. That phone's one of the causes of it.
Speaker 2: Man. I love to it, Don't get me wrong. I love talking to the homies, man, But I think, man.
Speaker 1: Talk your phone, talking like talking on the.
Speaker 2: Phone, not not like that. Man. But I'm what I'm saying is I don't mind talking to the homies, right. I don't want the poby to think, oh man, still thing fucking with You know they didn't.
Speaker 1: Like that, bro.
Speaker 2: But you only got so much spandwigh. Right, you got your spouse at home, you got Schuldrenicks you're dealing with, and you got you know, the life.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So I'm work conscious of time since I don't turn two old nigga, right, I'm way more conscious of time. I don't want to waste a whole bunch of time talking on the phone and there's more other productive stuff I could doing. I don't start writing again. I've got some good stuff going on with that dog. I would rather just focus on that, bro. I'm like the creative type. I like doing making my beach dog, writing my scripts and just kind of just all that stuff is therapeutic to me, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right. I kind of like to just distance myself sometimes listening to different type of music to focus on shit. I find myself just watching a gang of other shit. Sometimes I like to just leave my phone in the other wrong and just leave it there and then go off and do some other shit. That way, I'm not paying attention to it, because that shit it gets you caught up. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're the only dude I like watching on the internet. Man, And a lot of people don't like him. Man, I love Charleston White, said Charleston White as funny as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that big had me. I was watching some shit. I seen he had a boxing match against somebody want.
Speaker 2: To do heads, the only Charleston Charles dudes that he didn't.
Speaker 1: He I mean, it was it was in then. It was. It was interesting, you know, to see and it's crazy because a lot of motherfuckers think they can fight, and they can box and throw hands, and it's really crazy because when you get inside that brain, you can really see the faultiness of this thing called fighting as a craft. You know. So the whole botching things definitely got you definitely got to give it up to niggas who take boxing as a profession. You know.
Speaker 2: Show. I tell people all the time that think they got squabbles and stuff. I say, man, you can't fight, I said, really, the only people that can fighters do catch that you see in the ring, the real you know, professional boxes fighters, the MMA fighters. Them dudes can fight. I think we can squabble, we defend ourselves or whatever like that, but we wouldn't stand a chance against the smallest dude from the nm A.
Speaker 1: Of box man. Yeah, it's the training that they put into it and the focus. Like you said, there's been niggas that we know in the neighborhood that's nice with the hands. It's a couple of homies you know, we went to school with, or just was on the block or whatever. We had the nice squabbles and who could you know, knock a nigga out with a couple of punches or whatever. You know, as far as boxing is concerned, as profession man, you gotta motherfucking give it up to you know what. They finally go to see it too, niggas who just want to step into the ring and try to throw hands and put on some gloves, you know, because you see a lot of that backyard shit going on today. When I look on the internet, you know, I see a couple of backyard boxing rings set up, motherfucks throwing hands and shit. So it's interesting where the sport is taking us today as far as he is concerned.
Speaker 2: That's why I say a lot of these dudes don't really have no beef because there's so many out lists. You could make some money. Actually, if you a dude that got funk with somebody, and you like you kind of a trinking type of dude, you can go out there and make some cash. If you got beat with somebody, go through the mans, y'all. Ain't got to talk no shit, no more going through the mans. Oh definitely got to the niggas. I wouldn't mind special. You know, I'm in shaving off you dog. You know, almost like sixty pounds. There's a couple of dudes I wouldn't mind getting the Ring.
Speaker 1: So have you been listening to the have you have you listened to the Clips album?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna tell you what. I'm a big Clips fan.
Speaker 1: I think we're getting back into the stages of where people are starting to expect lyricism back in hip hop. Sure, I don't know, some people may call it. You know, I might fly over a couple of niggas heads, you know, because simplicity has been accepted for a while now as far as music is concerned. So you know, you gotta appreciate the uh. I think it just wanting to go back to the craft and just try to make good music. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I think it is with that bro. I think like Clips, for example, I think they one of them groups man kind of like in the vein that you are guys to tell stories and you could tell like I could listen to them and tell they really did everything they talking about. You feel what I'm saying, because if you come from the game a little bit a little some something certain stuff that they say in certain lingo, they not really being faulty with. I listened to about of other cats like I'm not gonna lie. I was a young jeezy fan of some of that stuff. He'd be saying, it was just kind of just like, okay, you know, he rapping and I don't know what that man did or whatever like that. But the clips sound kind of like they sound like they was really really in this stuff. And I think and it ain't nothing to glorify. I think everybody so a little bit of dope on time, you know, especially if you a dude fortying up now.
Speaker 1: And then you know, depending on the era and the like you said, the era and the area you grew up in. You know, my era was crack era, so you know, if you call it yourself a young hustler, young banger or whatever, you definitely dibbled and dabbled, and like I said, it was some some some some took it to heart. Some just played around and wasn't very successful with it. But depending on, like I said, the situation in the era, in the area you was in, it definitely ran, it ran, It definitely ran across your face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, But back to the clips, do I was listening to actually an interview they had Man and he was saying, Man that that Drake shit was so serious. They had a kinder verse they didn't want the universe didn't want them to put them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's why they record was held up or they ended up getting released from Death Jam or someone else and signed the Rock Nation and they got the record put out because you know, Drake is still I was reading I think about a week ago or somewhere they were, you know, they got the judge. They the judge was reading lyrics from the songs, and you know, Drake's lawyers were proclaiming some ship and the judge was like, you know, sort of like, well, if y'all could do it, why can't he do it? And it should be fair for both sides, you know, and they talking about the pedophile line and judge mentioned some ship like what didn't Drake say Kendrick wasn't the father of his kids or some ship like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, you know, I think now we take him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's really it's really gone to and and why is it gone to that? Though? So so like is it that sensitivity or is it that you want to get the last laugh? Because it can't be like money right, you're making bread right.
Speaker 2: And he's Drake is still partling its career as far from over.
Speaker 1: You're making bread, right, you're getting bread whatever. So my thing is what is the end game to the lawsuit? Because we're both pushed by the same major factor, right, We're both.
Speaker 2: You know that is on in the stuff. He's on Universal Who It's kind of hard not to be on University distributed every love for the lab.
Speaker 1: So you you you you're trying to get paid from the label, from the from the distributor or the conglomerate. Who's who's paying you already? What do you want to double check? I'm sure you could have just walked in there and say give me some more money here. They would have they would you give me like without a lawsuit? Whatever? Can you imagine, Drake, you get together whatever you wanted. I need, I need like a I need like a hundred million. They'd have been like, oh, no problem. So what's the end game? Because do you want to let's put it like this, do you want to burn bridges and you like, right, check it out. Do you want to burn the bridge on the Highland? But we all still got to live here? You get me, like, you can't get off either if you burn the bridge, we all still neighbors, right.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, man, This is you know, hip hop is going to a real weird place land because they sitting to president right now. Even Butters dude just getting to go in the courtroom with this. I think this is begging. They judge has been like, Man, I ain't got no time to look at no shit like this. Man, you know, pull your paints off your ass and keep keep a moving.
Speaker 1: But I think back in the day we were on a different standard because rap bes back in off days, some niggas got killed behind, you know, and not to say today a lot of the young niggas and the young niggas who grab the mic and call themselves independent and repping their neighborhoods. You know, you can sort of die behind this this hip hop thing, right, and then on on the on the on the on. The prowess of friendly competition, right, hip hop has been that. You know, we've had beafs, you know, ll Kool J, Kumo D eight and Quick Lynch Mob and fucking above the law and ship. You know, we've had beachs, right, uh, And it's continued beyond. My thing is you've never like, man, this nigga said this, and that I'm finna go and sue fucking fucking whoever's the conglomerate because they're pushing that record. That's disrespecting me.
Speaker 2: Well let's go back to somebody.
Speaker 1: But I'm just repecting the niga too, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real, let's go back to something man, that this that you inserted, and you mentioned that, you know with we ain't go going to it. We let's talk about the situation. You had an award ceremony. Dude, get up on stage, do what he do. He out there with a thousand people. People don't see the optics behind shit. You probably out there with four or five of your homies, or definitely you out there with four or five of your homies. I'm pretty sure it was some niggas and that thought you a young nigga at the time too. That thought probably said, we gonna rest this nigga when we get backstage. But then you had to start thinking, we out here in New York, out numbered like a motherfucker wet handles when we get back to the land.
Speaker 1: Well you gotta be you know where, We're very prideful about who we are as niggas, and you know we was cripping and representing the hood, and you know, everybody know what half of Death Row represent it. And you know that that was the real thing, the rivalry with the ship, because it was real gang banging in Fall. So but you still have to be smart. You get me. I'm knowing eight niggas can't fight sixty. You get me that it was, it was done, you know. So yeah we can exchange words and yeah, yeah, whatever or whatever, but to be smart about it, I don't give a fuck how courageous we are or you know that that phrase nigga, I'll dive in the deep end. You get me, you fuck, but I'm not stupid. I ain't gonna dive in the deep end in this piranha over there. You feel me?
Speaker 2: They got today, I'll down behind my respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't follow a lot of the new sayings today because they change every fucking week. You get me. And then a lot of it. And then, like I said, I was a young nigga, so we lived by a certain code, as young niggas do today. You feel well, you know all the time. I know that you only live once. But you know, we wasn't running around at our age at twelve thirteen fourteen, screaming that shit out going, fuck it, I'm finna high dive off the roof and whatever happened, Because you only live once, nigga.
Speaker 2: I missed.
Speaker 1: Off. I'm finna crack my skull because you know I was taught differently. You get him my umba cold me. You gonna be a dumb ass if you want to. But if you jump off the motherfucking roof, nigga, you're gonna break your motherfucking neck or your motherfucking leg. So you know that. That's what I went by. I had times while I was like fuck it and fuck it niggas. It's it's seven eight niggas, it's three four of us, fuck it, you know, let's see what happened. But then there's times that gold nigga. Uh, it's thirty niggas, nigga and it's four of y'all. What are you gonna drill like that? What are you gonna do? That's dumb, that's really dumb. You know some dudes do it because it's the pride. I don't give a five.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what the word is, say about pride or dog pride, come before the fall, and I think Drake don't invertently man put so much. He's the one that's keeping the gun kind of with these privolous lawsuits and stuff. And then the thing is like, what is it that you want to accomplish? Then you want Kendrick to pay you some money? And the thing you say, I'm gonna tell you this a dude to say whatever they want to about me to a Lenard, Right, But the moment somebody put their hands on me, it's a whole different story. Right. If I come slap a dude in the back of the head and he hit me back, I can't go run the police up or he hit me.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't. Rap beefs start like they just start, right, you get me. Sometimes we don't even know how they start. I couldn't even tell you how these two niggas got to go on at each other hidden message. We didn't hidden messages, you know, because you fucked with topping them from the beginning. And so, but a rap beef is a rap beef, you get me. Like, when you go into a you can't expe and you gotta expect the nigga gonna try to come with whatever he gonna come with right back in our days, we didn't go pay for information or get for or what whatever, whatever whatever we thought of a nigga's appearance or his rap skills or how weak he was, and that that's that's what's.
Speaker 2: Trying to find You. Wasn't not your past, not money talk about me, I need.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I wasn't going up to a nigga high school pay and off his old teachers and classmates trying to find out information or you know, a distant cousin. You know that the nigga used to wet the bed at night and shit like that. You know, we just wrapped, We went off of nigga. I think my skill is better than yours or you know. That's it.
Speaker 2: And Drink is a good artist man to you know, Kendrick obviously won the award, right, but it was a good battle up to a point. You know, it was a good battle. It's not like Drake one up there and just got dog walk. Kendrick just had better rigors and we got this time.
Speaker 1: Like I said, they was both they both did they they they had their times and whatever. Like I said, rap shit has been going on since in the inception of this ship you give me. We ain't the ones that started and it ain't the ones that's gonna end it. Beefs or whatever you want to call them, rap battles, rap beefs, rap whatever. They've always been able to keep a little sharpness and the edge to the game. Get me. That's what I look at it, as if some shit unfolds out of it like I would have. I've never pictured the two niggas going lets meet up and catch a fade. You know, they're megastars. You know, ship like that don't happen beyond with you. You just mentioned a key word. I think that not you don't become the homies pockets. But he's given the least some minion dollars a show at least. I mean, he, I can tell you what he done. Came a long way from section eighty days.
Speaker 2: You get some big even though to where I heard him and Scissor just broke jay Z and Beyonce's like to a revenue thing. And then that Jay and Beyonce was making some bread.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean the tour has been doing excellent. You know a lot of people doubted it, you know, because of they were saying the super Bowl was weak, but come to find out, it was the biggest Watch super Bow ever, which has generated a lot of of income for the tour. The tour has been successful. He's been able to go overseas and be successful. But like you said, Drake has been rolling out his new project and doing what he's doing. People still buying his ship and listening to his ship. He's just like, he's still got a bunch of fans. It's a gang of people. One just like motherfuckers is still buying R. Kelly's shit and listening to his ship, and motherfucker's hanging it is. It is just what it is. Man. If you make good music, you make good music. And that's just what the people gonna do. They gonna have their choices, they gonna have their preferables and whatever, and that's what you do. Ship. There's some shit. I like that. I don't like that, I like that, I don't like period. Man.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you now, Drake got a crazy fan based doc got a crazy fan base. And if I was trick to be honest with y'all, wouldn't never got startled with that. Nigga could see he picked the right one, because God is one of them little rap and dudes like like, I'm gonna be real with you, dog. I knew I met Do when he was like sixteen or something like that, sixteen about to turn seventeen or something like that. I guarantee you that this probably was one of the homies, fantasies or something to get the mate to rap. Beef Man and lyrically dominated nigga. You feel me, and he's he's that type of dude. He's really about the whole culture up. You feel what I'm saying. He was raped like he can really rap. I remember we was in the niggas and gardens and we were shooting a jackbox video all my life right, and there was a bunch of little rappers, you know, they see the homie out there, nickas and guard they see an opportunity somebody shoot the video. So there's a million little dudes out there. Rabbit man, when I tell you that lit each necky, last one of the nigga's up dog with a big ass TD shirt on, that's when he had the little fade and shit, dog, he's only done came a long way.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You get proud. You feel what I'm saying. You're like man, look at the homie. Man, this dude really don't become a leg you feel what I'm saying a lot of people use that word legend too loose for you. A legend you put in a lot of time. At this point, it don't seem like it's been that long. Shoot do going on twenty years? Damn there dog?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, time flies, man, when you go twenty years.
Speaker 2: Bro, he's not the I told somebody the other day. They said little homie. I said, no, he ain't long. That dude. He's the big on me. No, that that pucket, he's big on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember that. You does. Some people still look at him as the little homie who was home. We're thirsty around there. So you know, like I said, everybody's successes come with with with turns and falls. And you know, this is some new era that we're into where you know, law suits come behind deefs and embarrassment or whatever. And I don't know, you know how to take what he had to go through with being called a pedal file and so the.
Speaker 2: First punch though, so you gotta spect me. I'm gonna tell you something. Well, that's what I'm saying. You can't expect any fairness in a motherfucking street fight. Now you can ask for Now, you can ask for a fair fade. But if there's no guarantee you gonna get that. When you and a niggas motherfucking neighborhood and terror tour, so you jumped into it with both fists ready, with your chest poked out, and you know, you took a couple of swings. He took a couple of swings. And then it's like, after you got beat up, it's like, now you want to go file a assault charge. That's what I'm saying, man, because you never know how people go yet, right, Because I'm gonna tell you, somebody put their hands on me in any kind of way, I don't care if this I'm gonna try to kill you, try to hurt you.
Speaker 1: You know, you know you in a fight with it. There got the bar and then go outside and the post police pull up and then they separate y'all, and they asked him do you want pressity charges? He goes nah, And then they asked the other motherfucker you were pressity charges? And he goes, yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Because the thing is, man, you gotta like I said, man, It's a lot of ego involved in this stuff. Right. If I was drinking out and left it alone, you gotta remember he doesn't farewell against people that really wrap, you know, push your teeth word.
Speaker 1: Could you have left it along? If a nigga was calling you a If a nigga was calling you a rapist and all that shit, could you leave that alone?
Speaker 2: If we're in a rep battle.
Speaker 1: If you were in a rap battle and you got your wife, you got your daughter, and the niggas calling you a rapist and you touch on young girls and shit like that, could you take that or what you go to sue the record label or the distributor who was making that shit fly.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have been none of that, dog, Because the thing is, Man, if it ain't no truth to some shit dog nigga say, Man, I'm gonna tell you something, I gotta be one of the most lied on niggas all the time. This nigga said, they don't tie me up man, all bullshit. It's like, why am I gonna get mad? That shit ain't true?
Speaker 1: Right? Why do you feel he didn't just let that fly?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna tell you this, if he would have won the battle, he wouldn't have said shit. It would have been done when to back.
Speaker 1: Even if even if say say that nigga, say he tied you up and you did this, and Buck fucked the nigga and did all kind of ship and then y'all got a scrap one day and the scrap came out even nobody win. You got a couple of hits. He got a couple of hits. Dude, You let that fly that a nigga was saying that shit about you.
Speaker 2: You know, if we get a heated competition, you gotta remember, Man, I'm a nigga that like hip hop, Like I watched battle rap and all that, you are supposed to say the most obscene shit you can about a niggas mama, about a niggas kid. I saw this one nigga battling the homie, mister fab and I was kind of getting mad, dude about busting nuts in his daughter's face and all kinds of stuff and all, what what the hell? I like, he's a ball on this nigga. You know, he got a line. But they're in a rap battle. That's what they're there to do there, to degregate you and disrespect you with it and disrespect you in anybody they can. This nigga said some stuff that could have get it, that man's marriage, that could have been just bathing him when he talked. He called Dot a woman beater, called woe. Peter said that he was mentioned around and all kinds of stuff. You know, it was a lot of little snition going on in that rap beef he said. He said he wasn't the father of his kids, you know, he said, Dave Free. Now, boy, that's woman. I don't know if I don't know if she is wife, but his girlfriend would have fouled defamation. She had nothing she can't rep Now you accuse of me of being an adulterous and you're saying that my children, my children's father rant the father this managerls.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 2: You don't know how shit is, dog. You don't know what kind of shit that could have caused. And I don't see it. Shit get fucked up because the lines broke.
Speaker 1: For real, Oh no, no real, I mean off of not even off of a million dollar rap niggas off of two dollars corner niggas, You feel me off of two off of two dollars forty ounce niggas There're been lies told and shit that's been said to where niggas have lost their lives, niggas who's probably gotten their asses whooked or junked or did all kinds of shit behind and behind a two dollar lot. You fuck you feel.
Speaker 2: And my uncle told me, man, I remember one day, I was about fourteen weeks out and about man I saw. I thought, I saw homies girl in the Cadillact with this one dude like lean the thunder them And I'm a younger, I said, Man, I'm gonna tell her. I'm gonna tell her. I'm gonna tell her roll it, you know, old girl doing this and that. My uncle looked at me and said, now, as you sure that that was her? And I said, well, looked just like he said, But you're not sure, right, and you don't know who that was? Total you know your music, your second Yeah, I got you, y'all got you. And you don't know, he said, And you don't know who that like if you were not one hundred percent sure and you don't know who he was and her it could have been her uncle, it could have been anything, right, And at the end of the day, it ain't none of your business. But let's say this. You want to go tell this dude that you coold with. This girl was in the carss another nigga. Let's say he go home and she just brought and he had her beat her up so bad he kill her. Right now, who's responsible for a murder? I am because I'm out there spreading gossip. That's what that was. Gossip. You feel what I'm saying. I try and I try not to fall into the gossip shit man, because I'm gonna tell you it's a fun We are in the whole nigga era, doog to where's niggas that walk around? That's all they do is gonsip talk about what this man is doing, what the next man is doing. I can't be mad at it because they running it up with that shit. People love that bullshit. It's a whole challenge to go to the bullshit. And I'm not calling it channel bullshit, but the Zoo's network, that's a multi medion dollar company. I wish I could have thought of that shit. You know, big up to the man, bore man out out there doing this shit. Lem me, well, let me well out there doing this shit, my boy ad. They had a security over there. They was just over an Africa dog and that shit was packed. They had allive being over an Africa dollar and he said it was like thirty forty people over there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I mean it's that crazy shit travels man like like that shit. People love that shit, man, people like I said, my Nigga rich rest in peace. He used to love watching that chip type of shit.
Speaker 2: Now guarantee. He had the Zous network on his phone.
Speaker 1: He had all those that work zoos that's now TV whatever that shit is all that he had all that.
Speaker 2: All that messy shit. You know what, I'm gonna tell you something. The hommy invited me up one night, man, just come to one of the shows they ad bro and I ain't gonna lie. It was Craggy Dog. They got a lot of fans for that shit, right. The stuff gave me a headache after a while because it was just so messy dog. Like you can feel you like you go somewhere, you feel bad energy in the air, right, like you know some bullshit about to pop off, and you're like, man, you just feel it. Man, I'm miny, I'm you know this because somebody will wound up getting shot tonight. It felt like one of them things, girls getting beat up, girls jumping out the audience, trying to steal on the memories just so they can get on TV. It was crazy. Dog. So the world is definitely driven off a proper Ganda in bullshit right now. We in that era.
Speaker 1: Dog, It's all over the place. And the more they feed it, the more motherfucker because warning and they need it. And and I can't really, I can't stand the shit myself. To me, it's it's low key embarrassing to see motherfuckers put themselves to whatever once again, Like I said, people will do whatever it takes in this day and age to be famous or become someone. And there is no level of how false. There's none, Like I don't know what I gotta do. Shit, I got run around the street my underwear with from Bunny Rabbit ears on. Like the nigga in color just be fucking you know, doing dumb shit. Niggas be like, yeah, you can make money off of it, nigga, Like, let's do it.
Speaker 2: So pretty much. And you know what, it's people out there, you rich all this stuff. Man. The one thing I do say about the Zoos network that's black on coty. So it's a brother's making millions dollars and those people are actually making money on those shows. So it is anybody getting hurt for real, I don't think so, you know that's what they choose to do. I just know this man. I just tell everybody, this man that you only gonna be fifteen one time in your life. You only gonna be twenty one one time in your life. Okay, yeah, you gonna liok in, You're gonna be forty, you gonna be thirty five. You may fuck around and have a job somewhere one day, you ain't mess around to become you can do. You don't know what a person's gonna be doing Fifteen years from now, and they in the position and they embarrassed by some shit their younger self did always tell my kids, man, don't let young you fuck it up over.
Speaker 1: You right, and you gonna get a lot of that, you know, thirty years from now. For the motherfuckers, that's twenty twenty five, thirty. They gonna look up and when they start when they hit forty five fifty and start seeing, you know, doing crazy shit or talking about that like they used to. They used to eat ass and do all kinds of crazy. Ship now they now they got grandkids, or like you said, they going, they going, they in the church now, or they the manager at a at a at a respectable business. And motherfuck come in and man, I remember you used to eat ass.
Speaker 2: Man, if you do have nigga seals, they don't care if you they may get up to test you know what I'm saying. What's the test on? Brother? Man? I don't remember you used the dude talk about you eat ass and all of.
Speaker 1: The Yeah you're preaching out. Yeah you was the You was the motherfucker that was eating the bitches groceries and ship. Look at you down man walking around. You're all good dash ship, especially these girls.
Speaker 2: Dog. And that's the thing, man, you you're not gonna be young forever. You gonna have sugar one day. Prosper It was with these farms. Now. All it take is one kid at the school to find up a video. Moms, your moms, sut pipe were doing whatever she was doing back there, somebody running the train on her. It's the ruin that kid. You can't get over that. Dog.
Speaker 1: A dude got a video your mama getting talked up. Yeah, you only lived once. But so you gotta watch the life you live you give me because you can't do no exchan You can't do no exchanges. You feel me.
Speaker 2: Now, I guarantee you when you I would the least hope. So when you get old, you're shamed, because I know off for sure, shame shamed of a lot of shit I did and I ain't doing nothing close to what these niggas is doing.
Speaker 1: And now we was. You know, my ship was simple shit, you know, getting getting loaded, buying the liquor, smoking weed.
Speaker 2: Kids shit, that's normal kids shit. But these kids now, man, And it's like, it's the thing with these young girls. Hey, I'm talking bout man. I'm seeing girls that couldn't be no more than fifteen sixteen out there, lady. It's crazy though. And the thing is, it isn't like nobody is forcing them out there, right, These girls going out there on their own to make money. They got Instagram pages and all kinds. Like I was looking at some other night, man, it was a girl on there. Man, this girl looked like her chets wasn't even developed yet, you know, one titty bigger than the other and all that stuff. Man, It's like, what is she doing, man like where is her mama at? Where's her daddy at? Like like like where are her people at? Where is her uncle at? Do she got a brother?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Who was allowing her to be out there like that? Then you think about it, she's allowing herself to some of these kids out of control.
Speaker 1: Bro, It's unfortunate that we still have situations to where poverty exists and low income fucked up houses, it still exists. You know, you could take it draw. I'm pretty sure you can drive a couple of blocks from where you live and you know, neighborhood shit, motherfucker's low income, it's all over. It's unfortunately that we still got to go through these situations to where niggas are being born into these situations and young motherfuckers with no guidance. Is just the worst. You feel me because, like I said, you was young once, I was young. Once. We all had that mentality of fuck the world, nobody give a fuck, and I'm gonna get it how I live. You know, some of us can come out of that, but some of us, some of us, it takes a longer walk.
Speaker 2: Some of it's never come out of it. Dog, you know what I told you know what I told my kids one day. It's one thing where you get to learn and listen from something, right, But it's a lot of times it's you that's it. Right there, you make a bad decision, doog, that's it. That's your first long time man, that's it. Like you know, think about the dude letting buyers to basketball player. Dude, life is fucking change cocaine probably first time go it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta like I said, you gotta watch. You know, it could skip over us before a lot of us, it don't, and the struggle is real and it's unfortunate. That's how you see a lot of these you know, these shows where the young women are getting on here, fighting each other and you know, doing what they gotta do because the situation that they are in at the previous moment is no better than ship. You know, you're feeling like, fuck it, I gotta fight my way out of this ship to the top because there's no there's no easy road. Unfortunate you know, uh, some of them, some of them are a educated you know, you might think school is easy and all that type of ship, but it takes a lot, and especially when you living in a situation where it's kind of hard when you're surrounded by you know, the pitfalls how we used to say, you know, trying to cross those motherfucking streets and those bridges that are just fucked up for a young motherfucker, and when you ain't got nothing, and then then you're losing half the battle because only one motherfucking parent is available. And then a stra DELMDA is hard. Man, You think about it.
Speaker 2: Eight if you a parent nowadays, man, the average a piece of shit apartment, if you ain't got six and maybe nothing like that, a piece of shit apartment is gonna cost you at least two when eight hundred, and that's cheap right there, that's on cheap side, right. So just think you are. You're a person, an individual that don't really have a lot of talent, You don't really have a lot of options, and you're working at Walmart and McDonald's trying to make ends meet. Right, but you got a kid at home. That kid is there by hisself or herself. I guarantee they gonna get into some shit. And that's all to take this for a motherfucker to tell them, Hey, you know, if you do this, you can make a lot of money and they gonna do something stupid, right, but they don't know that one incident lived with them their whole life. Bro their whole life.
Speaker 1: Kids are easily influenced today because they get to see a lot more than what you know, not saying that. You know, we were sheltered, but you know we didn't have access to a lot of shit that it seen today. You know, a five year old could access anything by the touch of a phone. You get number to use the motherfuckers too, So the influences are great, and so it's hard to try to steer a motherfucker who doesn't have no support system, you know, and a lot of us, you know, a lot of the young homies or a lot of the young women. Like I said, they're coming in up out of the struggle. So when you don't have a support system, it's you. It's fucked up because you know, I see a lot of young men that I mentored playing football. And for those who didn't go off to college or school or whatever, you know, a lot of them got good jobs right now. They got out in the workforce. And that's a positive situation because I have to you, you got to tell everybody you know, everybody can't be famous. You know, we gotta have warmer motherfuckers. We gotta have niggas climbing up poles, and we gotta have niggas building ships.
Speaker 2: Nothing, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: We gotta have four men and niggas design and shipping and creating, and everything can be a new slang word or a new you know, a new way to put the switch on your blicky or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know. I was looking at some stuff now with my wife on TV right, and there was these two girls that have moved down to Mexico. They moved to Mexico City for whatever, right. The one at job a job work remotely out there. Her sister was talking about, I hope to become a social media influencer. That's a real job to motherfuckers. Now start you only fans page and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get all that motherfucker and I'm ana I'm gonna talk about I'm gonna tell a motherfucker how the ladies burgery. I don't give a fuck a motherfucker being influencer to tell you about what restaurant to go eat at. You get me to be then and back in the days you would be like that. Ain't no motherfucking you know that's some bullshit. I'm go out and give me a regular job. But today, man, you can turn on your camera and point it at your plate and go around and once motherfucker, once one nigga do it and see, Nigga, I'm making money off of telling niggas where to go eat at. Nigg you're gonna see now you see a thousand of you.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what the problem eight everybody thinks that they're going to have the level of success that the.
Speaker 1: Exactly home way over there.
Speaker 2: Making money shit may not be as policy as his.
Speaker 1: Oh this niggah, this nigga doing is riding around buring the restaurants, eating and telling people if the food is good or not. Nigga, I could do that. Fuck it, I'm start doing that shit next thing. You know, it's a hundred motherfuckers now who are to ride around in their car going to pick up food and telling you what the food like.
Speaker 2: And you know what, man, I'll be a hypocrite of for us here. It shouldn't nobody be doing nohing. Hell, we make money on we make money doing this podcast. Right. The thing is, though, bro, I would never tell nobody. Man if they sincere about what they're doing, don't like, who am I to tell somebody that right exactly? I'll just leave you with this disclaimer. It is not as easy as you think it is.
Speaker 1: I'll leave you with this disclaimer here, and don't have to be you. You could do something different, you said. I'm not the one to tell you that you shouldn't do a podcast nigga. I'm gonna do a poker. It could be a nigga around the corner doing the podcast, just like what we do. You want to bring gangster niggas from the street on there. It's a few of the same format, now, are there successful? They might not be, They might be, But I'm not the one to say don't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm a it's a whole bunch of cats that stolish. It must have eight.
Speaker 1: But I'm like this, there's nothing wrong with you doing something else or even being normal, because who's to say that you wouldn't be making triple times the money you making right now if you was working on somebody's construction site, or if you had the education to go fuck it, I'm gonna go be a graphic designer. I'm not gonna be an influencer people, I'm gonna go be this or I'm gonna go do this. Like it seems like every nobody wants to be the motherfucker behind and niggas make money behind the scenes, right.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be behind the scenes, you know. I never wanted to be on no damn show. Dog. It's like, you know what, though, my thing is this, but I do tell people. It's what I tell him. I remember I was talking to Big you shout out to my home with Big U, you know, he going through this situation now, and he told me he was gonna do his podcast, right m I said, that's interesting. I didn't tell him not to do it. I said, what is it gonna be about? He said, Oh, I'm gonna do the same thing you doing what y'all doing. I'm gonna go up there and talk to some homies and talk to a few rappers. I said, okay. And I said, so he's about to join the other million million other people out there. Now he has a name for himself. He's made a name for himself, right, So he probably don't get more attention than the average man would because he does know a lot of people and Big You is a very polarizing dude. You feel what I'm saying. He got a lot of relation, very some true, some not. Tree got a whole bunch of stuff behind his name. Right, people know who Big U is, right, And I'll tell you what this. As quick as people quick to embrace you when you on the streets, man, them same people are turned around the stabb you right in your back when you're going through something I have not seen. No, Like when I saw you've seen go to jail, dog, That shit made me sad. I thought that was real. Sat I said, this man, don't try to change his life. Dog out here doing a whole bunch you know. Fuck all the speculation and what they talk about. What he did, that's his business. That's between him and God.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But I do know for a fact that the homie done a whole bunch of good shit too, Right, You get a whole bunch of good stuff off off other stuff I can't speak on. I wasn't in you jeans, bitch. I wasn't in big Us business. He was always hospitable to me, right, I never saw none of that. He was always cool. I've been over his house before. It was always cool. You want something drink, you want something to eat, you know, you go. He loved he loved this football program. You go over to the Crenshaw Dog. He was gonna give you some of the Lamberger's dog or one of them briskly sandwiches they had over there. Dog. He was just a cool nigga. Oh you know, shut out to him. Man, I hope, he hope whatever his situation is. Man, he holding his head up dog, you know, because he was you know, he was.
Speaker 1: Done right, like I said, Sometimes you don't know. You just don't know. Like I said, Uh, only only those who you know, only those who were intricate in his day to day or his lifetime, would know, you know, what what happens, just like you know, you know we all.
Speaker 2: Got to pay brother. You Nobody.
Speaker 1: Nobody whether if it's like with Puff, just like with Puff Daddy, you know, hidding ship. Nobody knows. But when you know, you know, you feel me and thats and then it's unfortunate that if your hands are still connected or associated or even rubbing shoulders with then if they out to get you, they just out to get you.
Speaker 2: It's just guarantee you if niggas files or footage which you were just at a party. You could be hanging out of the party not even be told a puff. You could be standing over here with your home with your drinking your hand. If puff could be over there doing something else totally different. Somebody would take that picture and say, here's an image of MCA that what a puffy us a freak offs.
Speaker 1: Well, unfortunate ou didn't hang out at freak offs, freak ins or freak ons and ship. You know, my class of people were on the regular. I dealt with normal people, so you would have never called me in no situations like that. You didn't know that.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying, though, right, people were up.
Speaker 1: We just got to You gotta know who you associate with, though, You gotta really know who you associate with. And just like you know what I'm saying, Uh, you know you probably you probably You probably went to more industry executive Hollywood Hills parties and I ever went to. I never got invited by executives to the parties. Even though I was signed to Sony and I did a lot of work for Epic and made records, I didn't get invited to a lot of the Hollywood Hills parties wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: Hugh was Man. I've been to a few when I had my job as my postman that was kind of like, you know, if they called.
Speaker 1: The Go network, right, they was like, that's Compton's most wanted to leave them right up in Compton.
Speaker 2: You remember the mansion when we first started looking up and you was gonna do you and show you a camp. There was some yeah yug the status. Remember that mansion that we was in. I had a party man for the homey. I helped the homie put together party up there, right, And when I tell you, man, it really amazed me. Man the people that was up in there, Like I would look around like, oh shit, they go such and such, and you be wondering, how the hell did these motherfuckers plod out about this party.
Speaker 1: Weren't get to rank about those type of engagements. You know. That's why I said they never crossed my fates because I didn't cross those territories. You know, I didn't go to Sony Hollywood. They had me going to Sony and Santa Monica, so I never ventured to Hollywood. They had to be going.
Speaker 2: Home, them home.
Speaker 1: When did they no? They had to be going to Colorado Boulevard. They didn't have to be telling me to Hollywood. You went to the office with just one or two people worked there. Not nobody worked as a secretary of front of the nigga to work in the bet that was it. I would only went on occasion. I only went to Stoney when I had to do like a out of state interview and the dude was coming from New York and some shit like that, or it was time to put the record out and I had to go free proof to the album cover ship. Like. Other than that, I love. I never went to Hollywood. It was always Monica.
Speaker 2: Speaking of albums, man, I know you fucked around and you've probably got two albums. Work for songs, put out a couple of albums, put out two double.
Speaker 1: I'm working on project right now. I think I'm gonna try to drop it. I'm gonna get it rubbings for a problem. Like let's say like what is this, Let's say October, we get it with Halloween, you know, dropping on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Fucking you're gonna put a double decker out there.
Speaker 1: You gonna put a double album out this stone and uh, I'm thinking of change title from what I was previous, gonna call it. So we're gonna make it work this time. You know it's gonna be real interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you canna you gus eat on that and not be laughing, bro, because you be I asked you about a beat the summer, you will send me a song. I like this, dude. Eight. Look, those that don't know eight probably record fast than anybody. I don't ever seen in my life. I don't seen a lot of people record. He give me.
Speaker 1: I try not to waste time in the studio because if I can stay in the studio for four or five hours, I can get at least eight to ten on the spell. So to me, that's productive. Going the studio to doing a song, that's that's not productive to me. So I like to write my ship, go over, you know, study, get it down packed, and then once I do that for Matt, I'll do that a few times the songs I write. Then I'm just go in the studio with about ten songs and lay them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna have with What's gonna be cool about this, man, is that you gonna be doing something we go have. There's gonna be a lot of surprise.
Speaker 1: People expect a lot, you know, with records today, you gotta keep them intrigued and keep the interest. So we're gonna have a few things ready for people and everything. So just just stay on point.
Speaker 2: Yeah real man, you know me, I'll always be having these big, grandiose ideas and then sometimes I gotta skill myself back because I'm like, man, that sounds dope. All we do.
Speaker 1: That, all right, so that small steps, small steps to get you to the bigger steps. So that's how I say we do it. You know, we do one thing out of time, take small steps and then your look up and everything and be done. And motherfuckers be like shit, we was taking what I'm.
Speaker 2: Thinking about doing. You know, we don't always have what we didn't do one this year, I think we probably had our four five hundred episodes, so I'm like that, I don't even remember where it is no more. But yeah, de Wheels is when we drop this album month. Thing about having an event, man, where we had the fans come out to where they get to come listen to the album, see some performances, like kind of like a private like listening party. Slash Constant, you know, Sloder nigga something to drink, give him a little hot dog or a taco or something, and then bang around and let him smoke on something and just chill and listen to the record and you know, you know, like I'm thinking something that fits in the lane. Like we need to have the setch, but we need to do our own setsh Like we need party. Slash says like listening party with people call that ship are listening? Such, Yeah, listening sis, because that'd be dope right there, and have people come out and really really promoted, because I should trip out all the people who king of stuff. Man, we ain't even promoted. We just might.
Speaker 1: You might go. Have to cut that out of this right there, because you know, we give niggas ideas. It's gonna be a thousand niggas doing it before we get it cracking. So you're going out, Sash. We got to cut that out. Yeah, we got to cut that off for sure.
Speaker 2: One thing, no, man, I do want to say is that I shared some stuff with you earlier, man, because one thing I figured out going to this retreat man and getting to be clear, you know, getting clear headed man, not having no phone, not having no access none though, just you and your thoughts, right, I said, you know what, man, we don't like as human beings, we don't like sharing certain things about ourselves.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying because you don't know how certain people gonna take situations. And let's just face that everybody's not grown up to deal with certain situations. You can't tell everything to everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real, that's true. And I'm a private dude, but I you know when I was.
Speaker 1: And not to just say people are capable, but just some people just can't handle certain shit, you know, And that can be the simplest is of a regularcind conversation. You get me. So you gotta you gotta watch who you speak shit to and how you present ship. And if if you got information that's important that you want to relate to somebody, you gotta make sure that they the type of motherfuckers that you know are solid and won't be telling your information just on the strength.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna never be want of them to do to put off my business up there on the show. You know what I mean that, I'm just want of them dudes that believe you got to keep some stuff for yourself and your tight circle you feel men, We'll say, man, this, I think everybody should go on one of the retreats. And just one thing we had the fortunate we had the privilege of doing eight was being around before with cell phones and all the other stuff. Remember when you went somewhere he was kind of free broke, you know, then you had to pay your pay You just you know, you can answer that as you want to do kind of.
Speaker 1: And you know, we used to know the parks and the beaches and take trips and and shit and go to the mountains camping or you know anything. Or even when you was a kid with your friends and shit, when you was out riding your bikes and playing, you wasn't distracted by who's texting me or paging me? Or let me check my email or I need to do Everything was sort of once you left the house, you left the house, you did me.
Speaker 2: You was gone and couldn't nobody catch you. Now you may come home and have a note and the refrigerated such and such call, such and such call, and then you know, we had to look. We had the little voicemails later on the look voice recorder when you put your music on that talk on there like what's that you know, you know, just leave and you know you have some music. You might play some pump keep sweat for thirty seconds. Man, it thedn't they have your own you know, your little answering service man. But we too discompositated nowadays, man, with just content everybody and everybody's business broke and all this shit is faked.
Speaker 1: Dog see it.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker's I know for a fact they ain't got no jobs, but they doing all this traffic and I'm like, damn, this dude doing all this travel.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm trying not just stay on other people. Shit. Man, what our focus on is what's going on right here, and that's it. People gonna do what they do and leve they lives and shit, I'm on to the next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real, cut that shit off sometimes, man. On that note, Man, we got here though, shure.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: That concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to the Gainst the Chronicles podcast For Apple users. Find a purple mica on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangst Chronicles podcasts Norman stell Aaron m c a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and the audio editors tell It Hey. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeart Media Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts, wherever you listen to your podcasts.