Speaker 1: Rory and Maul. Listeners, we have an amazing announcement. Something we've been working on since last year. Something about the announcement. Let's announce the announcement of the announcement. It was like when MMG did a press conference about announcing album. About the announcement. With that said, we are very excited to tell you guys we have partner with the Volume. Our guys over there. I'm a static Colin. Just know I'm coming on the show. I don't care how tall your desk is. I'm gonna be right there. Yeah, I'm gonna jump up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But we are very very excited to have Volume as our partners moving forward. Yes, shout out to the guys.
Speaker 2: Something that we've been trying to get done for a while.
Speaker 1: Club Shane, she may just have Maul on. I don't know if Shannon wants white people on there to ruin the show. I'm with you, it is fine.
Speaker 3: If just Maul goes up there, me and Shannon shop talking shit'll be somebody. You gotta smoke a black amount at that at that Hell, no, never smoke no damn black off camera.
Speaker 1: I'll be smoking a black and mount. But shout out to everyone that is on the roster label mates everyone, I'm happy man.
Speaker 3: A lot of good guys over there, a lot of good shows excited to be a part.
Speaker 2: Of the value and what they're building. So yeah, man, let's let's call some chaos over with the value now. Yep.
Speaker 1: And when you hear this, there will be another announcement about the announcement of adding some extra content per week. We are very very excited about that. You will get an official official release on that one very very soon. But listen, man, to turn it up, get it no.
Speaker 2: Ship, y out and fucked up and let me in this bish. I'm just your should let them. The dreams of getting greased three are.
Speaker 4: Big like a football field. Take I signed a football, but you don't take fifteen minutes to drop a track, yih.
Speaker 2: I take care after a minute to load my.
Speaker 4: Gall but you don't make them bounce all across the glow.
Speaker 2: I'm a pi.
Speaker 4: I got your whole taken off from glow a franchise like a Houston rocket.
Speaker 2: And every eight months is when I used to drop me.
Speaker 4: I got the streets a lot.
Speaker 2: I like my beats with not you know my heat steak.
Speaker 1: Friends, how many of us have those ones weekend, depend on friends, depend on you.
Speaker 5: No, I can't even depend on you to do the next week. Because I thought we were about to start, you know, No, it's the wrong start.
Speaker 1: Did we start? We were recording. We outside. I haven't slept yet.
Speaker 2: Six am.
Speaker 5: Flight from New Orleans. I stayed up. Is that your third coffee?
Speaker 6: Is that way?
Speaker 5: You're so like jitter?
Speaker 2: This is tea.
Speaker 1: I actually have one coffee, but this is lemon ginger because I'm still fucking sick coming off last week. Going to New Orleans definitely wasn't gonna cure me.
Speaker 5: But I have not been to bed.
Speaker 1: Went right to the airport, then from the airport, came right here. I'm so excited to see everyone. Josh A's smiling face, he's excited. You're right.
Speaker 5: There was a similar smile that was on a camera the other day.
Speaker 3: I'm fantastic, man. How's everybody feeling. Everybody looks good. Everybody looked like they've been taking their ginger shots, even though you haven't.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: No, I actually have been. It just hasn't really been working because of other activities that were being.
Speaker 2: Maxed to take one ginger shot in New Orleans. No, we definitely do who took ginger shots? All of us?
Speaker 1: Because all of us are getting sick, all of us. I can't come on, it's a secret. Society always asked us to start naming names.
Speaker 2: And shit, you ain't take no damn ginger shots.
Speaker 5: But it is not only that.
Speaker 1: I also because it actually helped when you brought those ginger shots. I bought a whole fucking damn near gallon of that ship for my crew. I've never even seen ginger shots be sold the way that I bought them. Yeah, I've been going crazy. I don't think you're supposed to buy it like that though, that's how they sold it. Yeah, you're supposed to just buy shots. Don't buy a big bottle of that shit. That sit doesn't have his potency after like two days. Oh shit. Oh so now I'm just hurting my chest for no reason. Okay, great, shit, man, it's so good.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm happy to be back. I was in New Orleans over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I wish I had like crazy stories of Bourbon Street and going to all these events and you know, fuck with all the rappers and.
Speaker 2: Shit tooy, nobody cares about that ship.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Spotify they they invited us. You were on the email, but you didn't end up going down. So I applied to them on the side about an event they were doing, and it seemed like it was a cool thing, like Spotify's put together good events. Once I landed in New Orleans, I got the other email of walking the red carpet, and I was like, I'll stay in the BnB.
Speaker 2: Why you don't want to walk through now?
Speaker 1: I wanted to go exploit an open bar in some possible or dervs appetizers.
Speaker 2: It's a red carpet, though.
Speaker 5: You gotta start doing stuff like.
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta got it, you know what I mean, Put your foot on, put your good slacks on, put your good dad balances on.
Speaker 1: Man. I went and called Simba and we just played each other beats for three hours.
Speaker 2: God, erm, that's the type of that's the type of thing you would do. What that's my guy?
Speaker 3: We love Symber, y'all both you had facetimmy right before the halftime performance started. I thought you was face himing because you went some danger.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what was no all right, So I actually did think I was in danger. Why I laid low is not because I didn't want to be a social like I was a little worried because them TD boys had the city on lock.
Speaker 5: So I'm not even joke.
Speaker 1: It's the first time my ego even got like a little checked where everyone I ran it anytime I went through a hotel or restaurant walk down Canal. Yo, what you think Maul gonna think of the performance tonight? Stopping me? I can't even take a piss without someone asking me what Maul's opinion on the Super Bowl halftime is going to be. So yeah, I was terrified you left me with no protection in a city that you can just carry a gun for the fuck of it.
Speaker 2: So it's all good, man, life is great.
Speaker 1: It was running around with great danes to try to intimidate people. Meanwhile they're sweethearts.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, Well, I'm glad everybody is here feeling a little better, looking a little better than they did last week. Everybody was kind of sick. So good to see y'all back before we do that the last time we saw each other. Your live stream, yes, thank you for you anyway once again? Stream that download that on your DSPs now Rory featuring the great Leon Thomas.
Speaker 1: Who are you anyway, Yeah, this was I mean, I do therapy every time, so I haven't had an opportunity to have a therapy session about the release of this record.
Speaker 3: You don't need therapy when you're streaming numbers as well. Man, life is good, Life is great.
Speaker 1: Okay. I was spoiled on the last project. Everything that we put out as far as singles was received very well because they were easier listens, and this one because of that Hip Hop DX review, which I loved very much and was grateful for it. Set at the end of it, Yeah, this album is consistent and great, doesn't push the boundaries, doesn't really do anything for the genre that we haven't heard already, and it pissed me off, not because he wrote it, because I agreed. So going into this project, that was something I wanted to challenge myself with. And I have like easier listens on this album, but I wanted to lead with some shit that's kind of uncomfortable, so weird UK jungle beat. You can't really catch the drums unless you know you're white and you're on the one in the three. It does make sense with my DA thing, but it was the first time I had to deal with even like our core community having mixed reviews, and I kept trying to remind myself, this was what you intended to do, Like you're mad at the ship that you wanted to put something out that would probably be met with a different energy the usual. It's not Alex Eisley's beautiful fucking voice like with the easiest scent ever. It's a hard, chaotic listen, which is the point.
Speaker 2: That's sorry, chaos is good.
Speaker 1: I was just walking around New Orleans, just walking around the block, like steaming, and then did my best thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't take it personal, man. No.
Speaker 1: I was mad at myself because this is what I wanted to do, absolutely, and now I'm mad at my own shit because you know I'm sensitive.
Speaker 3: But it's all right, great song. Had a good time on our live stream with you. We would say it so fun. What time was we ad till Peach? Probably about midnight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then me and Leon did ig live. I tried to make the Holland Tunnel. That shit was closed. I had to double back here. I was here till like one thirty the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I caught you. I was leaving it.
Speaker 3: He was coming back in look like, you know, you catch somebody coming into the office that ain't supposed to be back, Like what you doing? Tunnel closed? I said, yeah, I bet no.
Speaker 5: If i'd have to fucking drop Sewan off, I might have made that tunnel. I just missed it.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, I'm not about to do Leon and.
Speaker 2: Shawn kicked it with us too. Man shout out to my god Sean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know James had to leave. That would have been fun. Like Peage was even on there.
Speaker 1: It was a good It was a.
Speaker 2: Good lot, a good time. Man had a good time.
Speaker 6: I felt I fell asleep when it was going on. I was watching it though it was good in your sleep.
Speaker 5: No, I was watching it and then I fell asleep before it ended.
Speaker 2: Like I was tired.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it was good guy.
Speaker 5: You guys looked like you having fun.
Speaker 1: Outside of the super Bowl. Did anything happen this weekend or was everyone just a waiting Sunday?
Speaker 2: What did I do this weekend? Not much.
Speaker 3: I went to the gym, back in the gym, Rory, I'm back in two days now on my two a day. I told you Bigs inspired me bro my tour a day.
Speaker 2: Shit now.
Speaker 3: Went and so when I had dinner with a couple friends that went town from LA because it is fashion week. So when had dinner and that was it and didn't watch the game on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you you kind of skated on us because someone facetimeed you and said to fly down. It was a place for you to stay. We could have recorded the pod everything, and you you kind of curved us.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not doing the events to mixy. We didn't do them either. Yeah, but still, man, this is that.
Speaker 3: First of all, it was like seventeen niggas in the house. When you face Tim, y'all said, man, I'm not doing this shit.
Speaker 5: It was just it was just me and one other person.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 3: You when he handed the phone to somebody and then somebody else was behind him, and then I seen different time. Yeah, I was like, nah, I'm cool, bro. Too many, too many, too many faces in the room. I don't know who's whom I'm gonna stay in New York this weekend.
Speaker 5: No, I really did lay low.
Speaker 1: I may or may not have seen someone wearing a T shirt that said don't sue them, sue me while they were doing rehearsals, and I knew what tom it was, and I got I got really excited of where things were gonna go, which is why I was nervous, and which is why did you want to don't go to the game. I didn't want to run into any I didn't want to see ab Soul, who's a kind human being with that energy around God, he might have quick little shank ah.
Speaker 2: Man, it is not that type of energy.
Speaker 1: Man. I felt it then all Cali was out there. Know where I'm all at?
Speaker 3: I don't know right here, right here, where I need to be, right where I was supposed to be in the crib chilling.
Speaker 2: What mine of my business? Yeah, so we watched the.
Speaker 1: We watched the game, Me and Simba and a few others. Shout out to my man Taco from Odd Future but obviously amazing actor also on Dave. I didn't know he was a listener of our show. Maybe my new favorite industry friend. Yeah, we talked like we talked the entire fucking game. That guy is like one of the nicest people I've ever met, especially at a socially awkward corporate super Bowl event. Yeah, because super Bowl is not like NBA All Star Weekend, where like the Shenanigans and the bullshit is going on. I didn't see one ho the entire weekend. Like when I got to the airport, I was like, finally a chicken sweat mm hmm. It's so much different when the NFL has that corporate shit around. Just because it's New Orleans doesn't mean it's going to be any different. That was the most corporate weekend I've ever seen. There wasn't an event I would want to even go to. Even the ship that Cardi had. They had the host running around trying to give her a mic, and Cardis like, you didn't pay for that, like an interview. They wanted her to rap at the club.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, they got to pay for that.
Speaker 1: You got to do for me to come here? Yeah, performance, you gotta pay.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: She then took the mic to be like calm and cool, not making the thing. It was like, hope everyone's having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, that's what you get. I'm not music on.
Speaker 1: They kept playing Bodag Yellow back and forth, and she's like, I'm not performed, Like, I don't know what y'all think this is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: That question shit is.
Speaker 3: It's a lot, but well, glad you are safe and sound back here in New York City. Yeah, shout out to everybody that did go to New Orleans for the Super Bowl, hopefully everybody. But see, I didn't hear about any mishaps or anything going on. But the President was there, so a lot of shit was locked on lockdown too, so yeah, very true. Yeah, President, you could feel that presence. So shout out to the city New Orleans and hosting the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Don't play, koy, why are we avoiding the topic of Hell, I didn't do shit in New Orleans the Super Bowl biggas the what oh shit?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Shout out to the Philadelphia Eagles, first and foremost from winning the Super Bowl. My heart was with them. I'm glass say Kwon Barkley got a ring. Come back to the Giant Stadium and just sit outside and from the stadium for about two days and just you know, just laugh at everybody that drives by. Shout out to Jalen Hurts and winning his first Super Bowl ring. Shout out to the city of Philly, man, because the one thing about those Eagles fans, they they show up, they represent, they loud, they proud, So shout out to everybody the city city of Philadelphia on winning the NFL championship. It's been I don't know how many years since they since the Eagles have won, but shout out to Philly man.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 3: They definitely deserved it, and the Eagles played their ass off. That was a game that was a lopsided ass whooping. You can't design it ass whipping like that.
Speaker 5: I went back to the BnB midway through the third chord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the Chiefs was doing. I believe that something did happen in that locker room or leading up to the game. I don't know if it's an injury. I don't know if it's something personal, but the Chiefs did not look like the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: TD Boys had everyone shook. You could see it, even the Chiefs.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At Mahomes, yeah damn, because he had to do rehearsals like when they was doing practice. Shit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, well I guess that maybe that might have something to do with it. But yeah, the game was overall ey, that was a little I wasn't excited. It wasn't you know, throwout games. This shit is boring. Kansas City looked like they gave up in the first half. They looked like they was defeating the first half. It was just the body language was off. It definitely was not the game that I was anticipating and expecting. I thought it was gonna be a shootout between both teams, but that obviously was not the case. Shout out to the Eagles defensive line they had that was personal. That game for them was very personal. They set a clear message that we are the best defensive line in the league. Pat Mahomes looked like a rookie quarterback out there. He didn't look like he didn't know no plays. Uh, he was feared of a rush, he didn't know like.
Speaker 2: It was just it was bad.
Speaker 3: It was all around just a one sided victory for the Philadelphia Eagles. So shout out to them for playing a great game.
Speaker 1: I can't think of a more lackluster What was that Denver in Seattle? Whatever year that was?
Speaker 2: That was him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was in New York? That was the last time I could think of a Super Bowl being so fucking bad. Yeah, Like, I don't even need to finish watching the Super Bowl how bad this shit is. But in between, we did have halftime, which everyone was anticipating. Of course, this has been the biggest thing which I cannot wait for a clear pass.
Speaker 2: Let me get some tps my beat.
Speaker 5: So I'm sitting.
Speaker 1: On the couch. Yeah, halftime comes, they do the fucking uh what was it Dove Soap or some shit that did the countdown, which I thought was a brilliant fucking commercial. Oh no, it was Charmon you can use the bad Oh yeah, he gave you the countdowt. I thought that was brilliant marketing. And I was like, damn, does this mean Kendrick really gonna shot on him? I thought it was a tie, like I really thought, Devarious. Can I tell you something?
Speaker 2: This is how.
Speaker 1: Let me word this correctly, because people think we hate Kendrick and that's not the case. At this Super Bowl event that we were watching the game, the conspiracy theorists that were there that were analyzing the commercials that Kendrick was bringing the energy down with the commercials in the second quarter. So when his performance start, it's going to be so hyped because Kendrick, I said, you think Kendrick Lamar is running the commercials at the super Bowl and telling them to be very low.
Speaker 5: People are so stupid. It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: People are At first I thought they were like trolling me and like they had high level sarcasm, and then I saw they was dead ass and then told me to my face, no, I do this for a living, like I've worked in commercial market. I'm like, all right, m hm, so.
Speaker 2: They're gonna lay you off tomorrow checks out. Yeah, he was controlling com They was.
Speaker 1: Bringing the frequency down just for the height of that before getting Yeah, come on, you think you think Dodge cares about selling cars, Now I care about Kendrick. We gonna lower our ship. So going into it, I was already excited just because of every conspiracy ship on Earth. I FaceTime you right when it started. You did, which was like the highlight of everything. People I didn't even know came around me just to look at that fucking phone.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what the fuck is you? That's Oh, y'all are so the whole entire show, y'all were on the phone.
Speaker 3: No, I just already called me right before the halftime show started. He he just was calling me to talk shit.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then Simba Simba grabbed the phone and he was taught was that taco that grabbed the phone it.
Speaker 1: Was tagoing, and which pissed me off because when the battle happened, I was in Mexico City with Azad the whole Avant Garden team, and all of them are Native l A like, so the ship was just annoying to have to be around.
Speaker 5: Even if I agreed with them. It was like, yo, y'all are annoying.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: You for it's incredible, it's I get it.
Speaker 2: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I had to deal with Simba and Taco with the La Bay energy that they deserve to have. At this point mm hmm. Screaming in my ear like like I was the one. Kendrick was this, yeah, yeah, the fuck So naturally.
Speaker 2: If you sitting next to me, that's what it is. I think that I hate Kendrick. So yeah, so.
Speaker 6: Ahead, No one likes his brain? No, go ahead, no, just finished the uh what you were saying?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: All right, don't okay because I say what I had to say. Oh okay, because you said they act like I hate Kendrick.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 5: You don't like Kendrick.
Speaker 2: That's not true, though.
Speaker 6: You because of this battle and your friendship with that, you've admitted it makes you have a bias with Drake.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Battle. Yeah, Yeah, I don't like somebody in a battle. Yeah, I'm pick a side in the battle. That's what you're doing, a battle. But that doesn't mean I don't like somebody.
Speaker 5: I don't know you like Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Kendrick. I've been on his for years saying that I like Kendrick, not his music. You like Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do I know him personally, So I'm just saying that. Yeah, Like, I don't know him personally. I can't speak to him as a person, but I do I support his music. Yeah, I've actually left my house and went to see him perform. Like, I support Kendrick. But I see through this. People think that I hate, which is what I laugh at. I don't hate him. I don't know him to hate him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate that song. I don't hate him. It's a difference.
Speaker 3: I can hate your song, I can hate your performance, I can hate your outfit. I can hate all of That doesn't mean I hate you.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: It's like you're calling someone that said that they're the biggest hater. No, I hate the way that you dress.
Speaker 2: Hate.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying him I'm just saying, if it's anybody I could hate something about you that you were saying that you hate them. The bell bottom jeans, the Flair jeans, I wouldn't do those on the biggest stage in the world.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. That's not that's not what I would.
Speaker 1: We've had this conversation before. If somebody called me a pedophile, I would feel the fucking way. I want to fight them. If you go in super Bowl and call me a pedophile, now we really got to fight. If you call me a pedophile at the super Bowl in Bell Bottoms, you gotta die like we cried, like life is over. I'm sitting down. You can't call me a You can't say a minor with bell bottoms on and they tight at the thigh.
Speaker 5: They was light skinned, too light skin jeans.
Speaker 1: Mmm, I would be steaming. I don't care if Drake trying to play it cool. Drake, it's okay if you were steaming that someone in Bell Bottoms called you a pedophile.
Speaker 3: All right, So what do you think about the overall performance? Because I'm gonna let you'all talk before well, we.
Speaker 1: Can go right after the Charman commercial account down whatever. Then they went to all the analysts. I've never seen grunk so shook in my fucking life. He was dead quiet before that. And in the background you could see Kendrick getting on the GNX setting up for the thing, and of course I had the conspiracy theorists behind me saying that he was showing that he was building this. He built this entire thing. You need to see the production behind it, that this is very strategic that you can see Kendrick doing this. I'm like, or they just chose a bad camera angle and he's trying to put a mic on neither here nor there.
Speaker 5: Out the gate.
Speaker 1: Samuel Jackson comes on to start everything. At this point, I'm like, damn, Hollywood is going against my god now too. It's not just the music industry. We got Samuel Jackson cursing this motherfucker out, And am I allowed to say what.
Speaker 5: His his theme was supposed to be? Uncle Sam.
Speaker 1: You're fine, I see, I don't know the rules anymore. I don't say yn I didn't know if I was allowed to say Uncle Sam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was something that I understand. You say. You don't say why you said n w.
Speaker 5: A, I got nothing to say.
Speaker 2: I got nothing, which is why I didn't understand, which is why I don't understand where y'all come in here.
Speaker 6: Try to play this fucking political ship like cut the ship, cut the ship. N w A is A is an official name of a group. That's the name that they chose for their group. When you're referring to a y N A, y n did not volunteer for what?
Speaker 2: Does the n n YU stand for demaris niggas? But then w A stand.
Speaker 6: For Okay, So if you don't agree, you don't talking about this cutt the ship.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 1: What's so funny is they was cooking mall like, how's Maul not understand that? Roy shouldn't say why n And I think you just killed everyone's point because IVE said NWA a million.
Speaker 5: Fuck Yeah, But that's the difference between I just killed that whole. Are you have nothing to say? Are you will to call somebody a mulatto?
Speaker 6: But Lotto named herself mulatto, so if you call her malatto, you're not calling her a slur, You're calling her her name.
Speaker 1: That's okay. Yeah, I guess, I guess. I don't go up to doctor end up.
Speaker 5: My stage name is big fat Bitch.
Speaker 6: I can't be bad and people call me big fat Bitch, like that's my stage name.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're a few years away from that being a stage name. People are running down and they coming up with crazy shit. Big big Fat Bitch might be December of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: I could see a rapper being a big being big fat bitch for sure.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Kanye's ego. NEM. We'll get to that later. So Samuel Jackson comes out.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: Kendrick started with the teaser Bodies that was from gn X that wasn't on the project. If you guys saw they leaked the whole set list prior to that, a lot of people thought was fa I kind of felt it was a little fake too. I was like, this is a lot of GNX looking at this, I can't really see him do this. But then I had to think where, let me choose my words. He care of He didn't cook himself by doing that pop up. The pop up set is probably what a Super Bowl set should have looked like with his hits, So he cornered himself into having to do a lot of GNX. And this is actually where I'm giving Kendrick so much credit. Looking at this list, I would say this is this is weird. You shouldn't do this. I thought he fucking smoked it and kept us entertained the entire time. The only time I felt like it got a little low in energy was the record I thought was going to be the biggest one, which was all the stars, all of his choreography.
Speaker 5: It just the energy felt lower.
Speaker 1: Peek a boo shouldn't have worked at at a fucking super Bowl, And it was my favorite part of how they shot that entire thing, putting together a rap halftime show with that many words off a new album and keeping me entertained. I give my hats off to Dave Free and Kendrick. Maybe I'm in the minority here. I saw everyone killing it. Worst halftime show. I dead ass enjoyed the entire thing. I thought it was fucking great.
Speaker 6: I feel like the reception has been split. Yeah, I feel like it's been split. You bringing up the point of the pop up that, actually, that makes a lot of sense. I didn't even consider that because when I was watching it. First of all, I'm not the biggest fan of GNX as an album, just because it's very very Cali and that's just not the type of music that I prefer. I can understand the rappings good and for those the people who enjoy it, that's fine, it's not really for me. When I for super Bowl, I like you to walk me through your catalog. I like the super Bowl to be if I brought somebody who had never seen you before. Who is this artist as an artist? That's what I like my super Bowls to be, especially from artists who has been out this long and this is the peak of his career, right, So that's what I wanted.
Speaker 5: But I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: That's why when I again saw this leaked setlist and like everyone else, was like, no, I don't know if that could happen. Amazon was the first fucking thing that came to my mind. If he redoes the pop up set, they gonna flame him? Like what the fuck would he?
Speaker 2: But who?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 6: I don't I don't think so though I can understand him not wanting to do that, but nobody's gonna flame him.
Speaker 1: If somebody repeats a set I've already seen at the super Bowl, they're getting flamed, Okay, would be nuts, no, because.
Speaker 5: You could have put it in a different order you could have done so, and of course that was two hours versus fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: But not giving Sissa a medley is a mistake to me, especially because they said they left time on the board, like they didn't take up the full space of time that he had.
Speaker 5: It did feel like a quick Not giving Scissa amedley is a mistake to me.
Speaker 6: Not giving Mustard a mini medley is a mistake to me, like not performing people, and then people keep bringing up this whole Oh it was the blackest super Bowl and pro black this and pro black that you had a chance to perform all right, and King Kunta and he's already Trump.
Speaker 1: He's already performed all right at the super Bowl though. That's what I'm saying. Kendrick, between the pop up and doing uh dre set two three years ago, every critic would have been looking at him nuts if he did all right again.
Speaker 5: I also think.
Speaker 1: I also think if he gave Mustard set, which I would have loved, and Mustard did like Mustard and Friends shit, which he did at the pop up, they'd say, Ooh, Kendrick needed Scissa. Kendrick need Mustard to bring out everybody like he carried he carried a whole Super Bowl set wrapping at that clip without any help. I love Sizza. I think you could have left Scissa off this. You should have given Sissa a whole joint. If you were gonna do it, either go all the way. But she was just a possible.
Speaker 6: It was half It was a half assed since I didn't like that. I think I can't confirm, but I think Sissa was lip syncing eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know that to be true either, and we respect and love Sisel, so I don't want to put that on a jacket. It did cross my mind when I was at the event. I was like, maybe it's he speakers. I can't really tell if this is that. I don't know if it needed that announcement to have Scissa yep there. That would have been iller to me if you surprised everyone with Sissa just to do those two jokes, if you announced Sissa I need three control records.
Speaker 2: No, I feel you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I I there were parts of it that I liked. I feel like and I've been getting killed on the internet for this, and y'all know I don't give four fifths of a fuck.
Speaker 5: I feel like in his head, I feel like Kendrick wanted.
Speaker 6: The Not Like Us revealed to be so perfect that he was thinking about that the entire I could see him thinking about it when he was performed.
Speaker 2: Cut the ship, Were cutting the ship. We cutting the ship.
Speaker 3: Yet enough, everybody was anticipate that's the only record niggas want to did.
Speaker 6: Okay, but I'm talking about Kendrick's performance right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about it.
Speaker 1: Like anticipated son we wanted to hear. Yes, was that the only song we want to see from Kenick Lamar fuck?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: But yes, it was the most anticipated thing. And on top of that, if you're gonna go all the way with this shit, you do the pop up, then you get the super Bowl shit. They're playing the Not Like Us beat the whole fucking weekend and every commercial. Yeah, lean into it, tease it throughout the entire thing. If you're gonna go this way, go all the way. That's why I wasn't mad that he did a tease three times throughout it.
Speaker 5: I hate, I hate. That was the part I hated the most.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna go all the way with it and not just do the Not Like Us hook and then get to TV off, if you're gonna do that whole circle shit smile on the camera. He say Drake's name, say pedophile.
Speaker 5: It was hilarious that he didn't say pedophile, but that was hilarious. That was I think everyone in the audience sid it though, yes, he what he did, and Hathaway said it.
Speaker 6: Shut up what he did with Not Like Us. I love the way that he performed it, like heads off. I love the way he performed it. But what I was saying is throughout the entire thing, I was not waiting for Not Like Us when I was watching it. I was trying to enjoy Kendrick's catalog when I was watching it, but I just it fell flat to me. I don't think it was his greatest performance. And that's not me saying that. I don't think that Kendrick can give an amazing performance because we've seen him do that. It's just for super Bowl tier of performance. I don't think that it was. I didn't enjoy it as much as I wish I would have, But that's just me. And you asked me what I thought. I didn't like it, not like you teaser. I didn't like the oh we would say, well, we're gonna sue and then to go and just do it. At this point, it's to give it sore winner, you know. But I understood that he has to. He has to.
Speaker 3: You got it because you know everybody's only watching it. That's not because they want to see that.
Speaker 6: All right, They're not only watching Kendrick at the super Bowl because they want to see him watch not like us. If not like Us never came out, people would still watch super Bowl. Kendrick at the super Bowl. That's not true.
Speaker 2: He would have never got the A man, what were we talking about here?
Speaker 5: Kendrick?
Speaker 1: It's worthy of the super Bowl and would have eventually got it. I do agree with you with the timing. Yes, they came earlier, So that's what I so that he got it because it not like us, because Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Is very much I'm not saying why did Kendrick get the scot Why did he get the halftime show this year?
Speaker 1: That energy around who who? He wasn't as an artist? What's someone man?
Speaker 2: Artists? I'm not saying he's not one of the dopes. Yes he has, he sold out Areena?
Speaker 1: We know that.
Speaker 6: Why did he get the super Bowl show this year? Okay, I'm agreeing that because it's not like us. I'm not agreeing that people only up to it.
Speaker 3: Everybody was one saying like yo, is he Are they gonna let the word pedophile fly at the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna let it fly on Fox? It was all of this.
Speaker 3: This entire year, well last year was for Kendrick was built upon this one song. This was his moment, this moment, this is the biggest moment of his career. Not from a personal stand I don't know what his biggest moment is, but from the optics outside looking in, this is Kendrick's biggest year.
Speaker 2: Okay, based off of this one.
Speaker 1: Record, which someone could argue that the niggas.
Speaker 2: Gonna argue whatever, niggas gonnage whatever. You know what the facts.
Speaker 5: He's not relying on this.
Speaker 2: We know what the facts are. You can make an argument, we know what the facts are. The facts are not like us. It's Kendrick's biggest song. Not like us.
Speaker 3: Gave Kendrick his biggest year as an artist. Correct, he got the super Bowl, one of the biggest performances of an artist's career. Correct, based off of this one song. So it makes sense to tease it in the beginning. Uncle Sam you better not do that damn record out. Whatever he said, you tease it.
Speaker 2: We understood it was all. It was all built around this song. We understand what the moment was.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that we know that, what I'm saying was, do y'all feel like the performance was dope? Do y'all feel like the playlist? The set list was dope? Do y'all feel like he did his thing? Yes, you enjoyed the You enjoyed the performance a lot, Okay.
Speaker 1: But I'm also the person that came in here after the pop up which was getting smoked on Twitter when I was like, I mean and he ran through hitside, I love swimming pools, Like, don't get me wrong, but if you're gonna use this moment, I would have liked to hear some some deeper cuts.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't use to me.
Speaker 1: The fact this motherfucker did Peekaboo and the way I think to Dave Free direct this. I know Mike, Mike Carson was involved. I know it takes a village how they did that Peekaboo shit was next that was like when the Weekend did that the quarantine version of the Super Bowl shit that was so well shot and it's a fucking B side of an album that a lot of people would deem is lower in Kendrick's catalog because it's not an easy listening because it's so West Coast.
Speaker 5: I love that he did this shit. I was the one that has a pop up.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, man, I've heard his hits a million times, like let's put a let's put a cool show together.
Speaker 5: Now. I think it could have been flipped. The pop up could have been more.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know gn X wasn't out, but more of the cult classics ship with Kendrick at the pop up would have been ill to me.
Speaker 5: Super Bowl, yeah, go get your shit off. They should have been swapped.
Speaker 1: But I love this performance and I thought it was ill for for hip hop that this has never happened a rapper by himself. That is insane to do. We watched Beyonce worker ass off for that Christmas shit, like you saw the behind the scenes footage of her running from car to car to wrap This long at a halftime in the super Bowl, to me is incredible just for the genre. You don't find that insane at all that he's doing. Man into cardinet at fucking the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do find that insane.
Speaker 1: I brought Lebrondon.
Speaker 2: I find that very insane, you think.
Speaker 3: Look, the bottom line is this, This super Bowl performance was very underwhelming. I'm happy that Kendrick had his moment. I'm happy he kept it all the way. Cali represented the culture of Cali on one of the biggest stages in entertainment. I'm salute to that. I'm definitely saluting that that was dope. But we gotta be honest here. This set list, as in comparison to the other stars that have had halftime show, is probably near the bottom when we talk about when we talk about songs, catalog hits, it's one of the lower tier set lists that we probably had in super Bowl history.
Speaker 1: Uh, Katy Perry, even though she got her first viral moment, shit off with the fucking Sharks and all that wild shit, that fucking performance stunk. I'm gonna go with a crazy eye take. I didn't really feel that Jay Lo and Shakira.
Speaker 5: Shit like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I get what you're saying, but I also feel like some shit that might be trash to you might be amazing to that audience.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I agree. That's why I'm only speaking for me. I enjoy this.
Speaker 1: If anyone tells me they hated the GNX Live version at the super Bowl, I'm not gonna argue them down on it.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just speaking from the hits, the hit records, the set list, the songs that he put together to perform on that stage. Did it live up to your opinion the other performances throughout the years where they have their set list and their hit songs.
Speaker 2: No, So, now back what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It was a drastically different approach because he did that Amazon pop up shit.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting not stop talking about the Amazon pop up show. That has nothing to do with this. Oh yes it does. No, it does not.
Speaker 3: It has nothing to do with just copy and page. But the bottom line is this, this set list, these are not hit records. When you're talking about the biggest stage and entertainment, you need hit records, undeniable hit records. Not the songs that we like, because there's some songs on there that we like as a culture. When you put somebody on the super Bowl halftime stage, you need the songs that people that never even heard of Kendrick remember, like, oh yeah, I know that's.
Speaker 2: Who that is. Well, I won't.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do that because there were a couple there were a couple of hits in there, so I would say Humble, Humble is a hit, DNA is a hit, All the Stars is a hit, not like Us as a hit, and TV off is turning into a hit.
Speaker 5: It would be half.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me it was turning into it hit.
Speaker 1: It just came out, So I perform it because he just did a fucking GNX whole performance, slipping DNAU for Hi and Humble even though I even put you for it.
Speaker 3: So back to what I'm saying, this super Bowl performance was predicated and built upon a moment that an artist had in a year. Now that we got the performance, do you feel like the performance.
Speaker 2: Lived up to the hype?
Speaker 5: With your point of saying, not like Us was the hype?
Speaker 2: Fuck you? Okay?
Speaker 1: He said everything that we didn't think he was gonna say. He had Serena Williams krip walking. The fucking choreography was insane, The camera angles were insane. If you I'm going off your point of saying not like Us as what was being anticipiography was that met every expectation.
Speaker 6: The sceniography was insane rory. First of all, that ain't even a crip walk.
Speaker 1: That she did.
Speaker 3: Let's get to that ot Genesis don't approve of that. Let's get to that shout out to Zip.
Speaker 2: That was dope.
Speaker 5: No matter what though, that was dope. That was one of my favorite parts.
Speaker 2: But why I was dea clearly because of the boy how y'all not what y'all not? I gotta say, fuck it? I say it, no, no, no, I said, I said it man. It's clearly because of you know who man Serena Williams. Crip walk? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: I get the Compton side, She's from Compton, I get that course, but as her husband, not a colonizer.
Speaker 1: As a colonizer, I would say, yes, we here, So why are we where? Where's the where's the consistency?
Speaker 2: And the messaging?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 5: My shit?
Speaker 2: Why'd that to be the one that other shut the fuck up? Cause you niggas his mother? Y'all? Crip walking?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: That performance was not it? The only performance worse than that was Pat Mahomes. This is be real here, y'all gonna make me say it like the best y'all was not that shit was very lackluster for the moment in anticipation because I'm not gonna lie. I was anticipating it. I'm like, I'm gonna see what When he had seventy five niggas come out that little g next, I was like, damn, that's like when David Blaine made the whole audience disappear. How did he do it? Yeah? But after that it was like, he's ain't I like these songs. I like some of them, but they're not here. We just watched Usher perform hits last year, Rihanna hits the year before that, the Weekend hits, Like, these are not hit records. I like some of these records. All of the Stars is my shit, but you don't not at the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, All the Stars should definitely be played at the super Bowl. I think All the Stars deserved And this is why I said that. I feel like he All of the Stars could be performed at Like All Star Weekend.
Speaker 5: Is one of the biggest what are you talking about that?
Speaker 2: That's not the hed It is a huge record.
Speaker 3: But you also got to understand audience demarriage. That's the part you're not factoring in here. When We get all of these fucking videos from the audiences standing there sitting down looking at this because they don't know who Kendrick is. This is the NFL, this is a predominantly white entertainment sports thing.
Speaker 2: This is not NBA.
Speaker 5: They stood there when Beyonce performed. Formation to the people that are at the super Bowl, is not who you perform for.
Speaker 6: That's not who these who jay Z is going entertain these billionaire white people.
Speaker 3: Yes, I get it, you want to perform for people that are not there so they could tune in and watch it.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 3: But guess what the numbers dropped. He didn't even do what Usher did. It's Usher, It's this nigga had the.
Speaker 2: Hottest shit he had has had a year like this? How many years? What are we talking? No, no, no, no, no, no no, Usher, you know what it is. Usher has a catalog of hit fucking records over the last twenty five years.
Speaker 5: Also has a catalog he did.
Speaker 2: He don't have his don't have the hits. Man. Yes, we like, we like some of these songs, but they're not undeniable. Usher has an undeniable catalog.
Speaker 1: It dropped, It dropped six percent down from what Usher did as someone that is just a rapper. My mom, what does that all her friends who are sitting there for Usher no matter what, because that's Usher. He's getting a fact for twenty five years factor and my Mom's gonna go back during the year that Kendrick had factor.
Speaker 5: That end, but you're not factor in the Usher never had a year like that.
Speaker 2: As dope as Usher is, U should never had a year.
Speaker 5: Like this, not like us.
Speaker 2: Ship never in is fucking life. I'm older than all of you niggas in there, and I'm telling you, Usher Raymond has never had a year that was this hot.
Speaker 1: He's never He's never had a moment. He's had a fucking career. That's my party. Thank you for finally getting where I'm at. You're giving a nigga a fucking stage like that based off.
Speaker 5: Of a moment, and I think that's where we disagree that Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Had it out. I like get Hendrick. I don't want to sound like I don't like Kendrick. He got ship joints that I like. I'm talking about giving somebody this stage based off of a song in a moment was a fucking fail. They should have never given in that they set him up to be now online where people are saying, this is the worst halftime performance ever.
Speaker 1: It was mixed reviews like anything else.
Speaker 6: Okay, So it wasn't no mixed reviews when Ushul performed. Yes, yes, there was fu out of his I don't want to hear that ship man there? Why man nas ain't never.
Speaker 3: Seen a nigga roller skate at the halftime show? That nigga keep didn't wasn't mixed reviews.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: I feel like, okay, so let's let's simmer down so that we can actually touch on points you're talking about the point of Kendrick. For the songs he performed were not hits, right, which I had the same complaint as you. But what we're not gonna say is that Kendrick doesn't have the hits. Kendrick had hits that he didn't perform for whatever reason. Rory has his theory.
Speaker 2: I have mine.
Speaker 6: That's whatever, But we're not gonna rewrite history like Kendrick doesn't have hits.
Speaker 5: Kendrick has hits. He could get the what hits?
Speaker 2: What what hits? What he what hits? He performed?
Speaker 6: He didn't perform, all right, he didn't perform King Kunta. He didn't perform swimming pools. He didn't perform money trees, he didn't perform Loyalty. He has hits that he did not perform, plenty of them.
Speaker 1: That was my argument.
Speaker 5: Half a damn, that was my argument. But he didn't perform them. He chose to go to gn X route.
Speaker 2: The bottom The bottom line is this. This is the bottom line.
Speaker 3: As far as I'm concerned, and I'm only speaking for myself, I like Kendrick. This moment that they get ave him was too big for his catalog. It was too big for his catalog.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I like Hendrick. I thought he disenjoyed last night. I'm like, okay, cool love to set up, love the way the crips and the blood tied in with the colors of the flag and all that. Dope Uncle Sam nyah, dope, all of that shit. Cool points for all of that. But when we talk about just the music and the songs that was performed, it was very like, now, Okay, I guess let's just get to not like us. Let's just get to the are they gonna let the pedophile word fly on Fox?
Speaker 2: Let's get to that. Everybody a minor okay, had an a minor chain on Okay. It was all built.
Speaker 1: Around yeah what.
Speaker 2: The and PG lane.
Speaker 1: It's part of their logo.
Speaker 2: But that's what you think it was.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was an a minor chain Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway back to what I'm saying, I really don't THINKGLA. So now now you have this moment, you have one of the hottest years based off of a disc record, you get the super Bowl, but now look very lackluster.
Speaker 1: Listen, I agree with you on that very lackluster.
Speaker 2: With you on that very lackluster because and I.
Speaker 3: Know coming from me, I know coming from me, it sounds like hey, based off of the year, I know it sounds like hey. But I just had to me this was nothing. This is battle aside. I was looking at the performance. I wasn't thinking about a battle. I'm thinking about let me see what Kendrick does with this moment, because like when we were together as the Mister Morale Show, I thought Kendrick did a phenomenal job on that.
Speaker 2: At that show.
Speaker 3: I came once I said, Yo, I ain't gonna lit. Kendrick stepped this performing shit up heavy. That Mister Morale Show was dope. I enjoyed it this right here though, and I get the breakdowns going. Y'all don't get what it means. You know, he's telling the end of you know, the government. The game is over front of Donald Trump. Uncle Sam might have been the last minute tossing once they found out that Trump was gonna be in the building and all I get all these thing pieces, y'all building.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the music.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, those songs that were performed half it just didn't It didn't hit. It didn't hit the way it was supposed to.
Speaker 1: What we were saying, What we were.
Speaker 6: Saying before Maul got upset is as far as the moments that he could have made because he if he wasn't focused on the pettiness of not like us. For example, All the Stars should have been a huge moment. There should have been huge production around that. That was a song that was Yes, that was exactly. That was a song that was nominated for an Oscar and four Grammys. It was a huge song and it's a beautiful song. It's that kind of oh this is my moment for life type.
Speaker 2: You know how you know that shit was lackluster.
Speaker 3: If he didn't do not like us, y'all would have been pissed off. Of course, that's my point. That's why was that point, because.
Speaker 2: It was all predicated and built around one fucking song. When did you need more? You need more than one song to do a super Bowl halftime.
Speaker 5: Shack to back came out?
Speaker 1: Oh no, not no, because that was if Drake ended up in twenty fifteen being on the super Bowl talking about Drake, I'm let me finish my point and had back to back at the height of what it was, I'd be tight if Drake didn't take that opportunity to do back to back at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: No, you would.
Speaker 3: I didn't care about Drake doing that in a set? Man, are you crazy as any records? I got the biggest fucking record at whatever time. Nobody's mad that he's not performing that fucking record. You don't that shit, don't do nothing for his cattle. That's you're trying to give your man's credit talk.
Speaker 1: If you don't think the whole stadium would have said, is that your your toy, your girls tour.
Speaker 3: I don't care what would have said in the moment, I don't care what you saying. It would have said I'm saying, nobody would have turned that TV.
Speaker 2: I'm like you, Damn he ain't do back to back.
Speaker 5: I would have been tight.
Speaker 3: Nobody don't care about that song like that in his in his discography.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the moment. I'm said in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Even in that.
Speaker 2: Moment, nobody cares about that song like that compared to the hits that he already has beading up to that moment.
Speaker 1: Kendrick doesn't do the Super Bowl this year and does it in twenty thirty, I wouldn't care if he did not like us, But if he's doing it in twenty twenty five, yeah, I want to hear not like us. It was a moment, it was it was all built off for that moment, okay.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have what it takes to sustain that moment, when now you have to perform in front of, however, many.
Speaker 3: Millions of people, all right, so they're going to come across from let me ask you what the issue is If a rapper with one of the best catalogs in rap history, especially modern rap, one of the best catalogs period in rap, also has Kendrick Lamore Okay, also has a huge moment.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that? Why is that a bad thing? I didn't say it was a bad thing. Somebody that solidified they didn't say it was a bad thing. Also has a moment and you perform it super like what.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it was a bad thing. What I'm saying is he got this performance based off of last year. Is not like us record correctly? Are we in against it?
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying they would have got it sometime anyways, But yeah.
Speaker 2: We're dealing with what happened. We don't know what could have happened.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is if you get this, this moment, this big moment, based off of one song, you better have something because you can't. You can't perform this one song seven times, So you better put together a set list of hits because this ain't the time to be performing for think pieces.
Speaker 2: And now they didn't get it went over their head. This ain't the time for that shit. This is the super Bowl halftime. We gotta play the Big Joker every.
Speaker 6: Fucking night, or or every time outyj actually ended up.
Speaker 5: Man in the physician.
Speaker 2: Theories, it's always theories, man, his fucking theories.
Speaker 1: Your dead quote of Jay taking over to make sure people are represented in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: Great, isn't that the point of what Jay was.
Speaker 1: Trying to do this.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. Listen, I'm happy I'm.
Speaker 5: Having security tackle somebody with.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to see rappers.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear Tim McGraw and it's hits again. Man, all right, cool, I care I like Peekaboo.
Speaker 3: That's great, Great for you. I'm happy to see any rapper. I'm happy to see any rapper getting Super Bowl stage. What I'm saying is, if you are lucky enough to get that stage, you better have the fucking set list to back it up. You better have the catalog to back it up. You better have the fucking performance ability to back it up. This ain't the time for theories and think pieces. Don't tell me, y'all, I missed the choreographer that did this because that represents I don't care about all of that shit.
Speaker 2: What does the music sound like.
Speaker 3: You gotta give me consistent, undeniable hit records from the time you touch that stage to the time you leave. This is the super Bowl. Have time performance. Everybody's watching this. We don't have time for you know, Oh, this is a hidden gym, a hidden message, right, and we don't got time for that hit.
Speaker 5: You could do it.
Speaker 3: You're about to go on tour. Get that off on your tour. When it comes to hitting gyms and hitting messages, super Bowl, we need the hits.
Speaker 1: What was the same way then got killed for when she was with Brutal Mars and they were wearing the black panther shit and all the choreography was in the X for Malcolm X. That was it wasn't a hitting masage but he's not hitting. It was right in your face. But I mean so was a lot of the American choreography with the bloods, cribs, American flag. It wasn't that cryptic, Like I actually think it was a good way to give messages saying it's done.
Speaker 5: That before too.
Speaker 2: Plenty of performers have done cryptics.
Speaker 5: And Beyonce did that to a song that had just came out.
Speaker 2: But guess but guess what else beyond that shit? It came out like two months president, Guess what else Beyonce and Bruno did, though had undeniable hit records, they.
Speaker 5: Performed Bruno was crip walking right right in front of you.
Speaker 3: A undeniable hit record Undeniable, not the shit that you like and you and your homies got on your playlist. Now, I'm talking about the undon the ship that they danced to on cruise ships, not like us. There one song exactly my point.
Speaker 5: Then what they danced the DNA and Humble on cruise ships too.
Speaker 2: Oh they do.
Speaker 1: Even though I liked it, I will I will somebody outside for a second. I kind of wish Kendrick, and I'm speculating here, with his own probably artist's ego, to prove that he could do this by himself. I wish he didn't care to do that, because there could have been a lot of really awesome moments where he brought surprise guests out to do certain records with him. I would have preferred that too. As much as I like this GNX shit, I don't think Kendrick should have felt like he had to carry this shit by himself. Give sizz it just two records real quick. We really could have done some cool feature shit throughout this entire thing. Listen, which isn't taking anything away from Kendrick, because for the most part, they pairing Beyonce with Maroon five and Bruno Mars that's regular at the super Bowl, you pair superstars together. That doesn't mean they can't do this shit by themselves. Shit, Rihanna might have been the first one ever right to just do a set like that. Kendrick could have taken that opportunity to do a lot of the cool shit that he did, the pop up stuff, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But that sounds like that sounds like you're leaning on other songs, other artists performing with him.
Speaker 5: And isn't fair.
Speaker 1: And which isn't fair because I guarantee you if he ended up doing that, you would have came in here today the same way you did when the announce the scissors shit and said he can't do it by himself. And I think his artist ego came in and heard all of that and tried to prove that he could do it by himself with a new project. Fuck y'all, I'm still the greatest rapper of all time. And that's the issue, because all of the fans, including yourself, would have came in here and said he couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: But he had yo.
Speaker 1: He had to Getdre.
Speaker 5: He had to get over that.
Speaker 3: But that's must have had to get But that's okay, but there's nothing wrong with that. But I agree you're leaning to my point.
Speaker 1: Yoana would have said he couldn't do it by himself.
Speaker 3: But you're leaning to my point of what I'm saying. Then Kendrick is a phenomenal rapper, phenomenal MC's dope. I fuck with Kendrick. What I'm saying is just because somebody is dope and somebody is a great rapper, doesn't mean they have a super Bowl halftime show worthy catalog.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying, And it's nothing.
Speaker 3: That's one show, that's one performance that maybe he should be like, Yo, I ain't you know my shit ain't really for that. Get your you got a tour coming up. Get all your ship off on the tour. That's that's your building. Those people are there solely to see you get your shit off. When I'm saying that super Bowl stage that is reserved for artists that have undeniable hit songs, hit records. We don't need the B sides and the deep album becuse that we personally like, this ain't the stage for that. This is not the stage for that. That's and that's all I'm saying, is that the moment was probably a little too big for Kendrick's catalog.
Speaker 1: The same way I think Drake should feel a way that somebody in Bell Bottoms called me a pedophile at the super Bowl. If I got the opportunity to perform at this record against somebody that said I beat my girl, my kid is my man's son, Jay, where do I sign? I'll do that record ten times of what he just said about me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm taking, but now you take but now you take that yet, But now you're taking personal ego into a stage that nobody cares about your personal ego.
Speaker 5: On what this whole battle has been personal ego.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but what I'm saying is nobody watching that shit cares about personal ego. People watch the halftime show one, this one in particular to hear that not like us record, to see if he was gonna say pedophile.
Speaker 1: Back to the point of Hove coming in there to make sure all of us are watching something that we like instead of a Tim McGrath, shit, Yes, this is what we wanted to watch. I know, the regular NFL fan does not give a fuck about Kendrick. Lamar, didn't give a fuck about Usher and Rihanna even Shakira and j Loo. But that was host point coming in here for representation of music that has not been I feel put at a high point like.
Speaker 5: Every other genre at the super Bowl. So yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't care that that fucking roll Todd Willie knew about Kendrick Lamar. I don't give a fuck with I thought that was dope that Kendrick Lamar did that shit, and I think it's a salute to Hove knowing that Kendrick. If you go through the hit wise, Kendrick's a legend catalog, one of the greatest of all time. He's not the hit rapper like that. I think it's ill that jay still said he is, we got not like us to back it up. That's gonna do all the hype, go do your real shit. I think that's ill.
Speaker 6: I don't think that that's a good like that like that point, Maul, I get what you're saying, but that's not a good point because if jay Z got on there and performed his biggest hits, it would still have Middle of America like, what the.
Speaker 2: Fuck is this shit?
Speaker 1: Like you're not wat up there and did empire, State of Mind and Forever young I would come in here. No Byside said, ho, what the fuck you doing? Man? Play where I'm from? Come on fucking but that it needs to happen at that super Bowl.
Speaker 5: But that's you being stupid and you know that.
Speaker 1: But why am I not allowed to express the shit that I like? We all have to conform to what the roll Toide Willies of the world have to like. No, I want to see shit that I like because everyone else for years at the super Bowl has gotten what they like. J came in here to say, all right, for the next five years, I'm gonna show y'all something. Why can't we get behind that? And ma, I don't give a fuck who else.
Speaker 2: Is enjoying it? Behind it?
Speaker 5: And mar you keep saying undeniable hits. You ain't no, Now, you ain't no. The majority of them songs, Shakira and j Loo was singing in Spanish.
Speaker 2: You ain't know them shit, Yeah, but they was undeniable hit records.
Speaker 1: How are they to whom to the Latin world, to the Latin world, to the Latin work point.
Speaker 5: They hit us.
Speaker 6: We don't think you think those hit records that Kendrick I already told you.
Speaker 5: That half of them were hits. Is not like us our hits. Luther is on its way to being a hit.
Speaker 2: What tell Me was on its way? Demarriage Jesus is on his way for the last time.
Speaker 4: Yet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Something that came out a whole a super.
Speaker 2: Bowl halftime show with a song that's on its way.
Speaker 5: To be hasn't been done before. It doesn't mean that he's wrong for a reason.
Speaker 2: Why hasn't been done before? That's my point. There's a reason why an artist has not went on the super Bowl stage and said, you know what, I'm gonna do a song that's about to be a hit. What are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Actually, Beyonce did Beyonce did we? Formation?
Speaker 1: Formation was not a hit when Beyonce performed it. That's what I was trying to say before it just came out.
Speaker 5: It was not a hit.
Speaker 1: But it's also Beyonced. I get it.
Speaker 5: For me, it's behind Formation is not.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: But why do we have to go to the same standards of what everyone else did to satisfy Middle fucking America with your set list? That's I guess that's my question to you, Like Kendrick As, I'm not just go out there and do some talk.
Speaker 3: The Kendrick could went out there and took a ship if he wanted to, you could do whatever the fuck he won on that field. What I'm saying is now, after somebody that watched it, I'm gonna sit here and tell you how I felt about it. And I felt like, as somebody, no matter what the Internet things, and somebody that listens to Kendrick, that supports me listen to his music, goes his show. I was not impressed by that set list. I was not impressed by the music that was that was performed at.
Speaker 2: The super Bowl.
Speaker 6: I was not.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, I get it. All of the stars, like you said, that didn't even land and that was one of the songs we was looking forward to.
Speaker 5: But that's because it was badly performed, not because.
Speaker 1: It's whatever, whatever it is, whatever happened, even though what is it cooked on the runs towards the end, I don't think it was the perfor they just went from so much like high energy choreography and running back and forth. It's just when they did that circle ship, it just brought everything. It wasn't Sisan and Kendrick, it was that part of that set design that just got odd. Whatever, it brought the energy down to the record that should have been. It falls on whom exactly. All right, so what about the question? Yeah, so that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 5: I said it didn't Land that was the only thing that I didn't think.
Speaker 1: Now, if we want to talk about unnecessary egos, I am not allowing my wife to go crip walk despite her ex at the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would look at my girl like.
Speaker 1: All right, wait, you want to do what I don't try.
Speaker 3: Don't try to trick me with the Compton ship. No't try to trick me. I mean, it's real. She's from confidence, she is.
Speaker 2: It's real. It's a real thing. Of course, it's a real it's a real connection.
Speaker 1: I know she's krip walk at at fucking Wimbledon. I know, but that that wasn't for the crips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's different because at Wimbledon, she's supposed to be at Wimbledon. She's supposed to be at super Bowl halftime show. Serena sigle Lize, Serena. Y'all know how I feel about Serena. She played herself doing that. I'm sorry if I was Serena. I would have told Kendrick youderssen, I love you, I respect you everything you're going on, but I'm not doing now.
Speaker 1: You guys are even because you played yourself in front of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you know, but she she was not supposed to do that.
Speaker 3: This is this is Serene. This is arguably the greatest athlete that's ever lived. She's not supposed to do that. She's not supposed to be sitting out there like a prop for a fucking show, to make a social media frenzy.
Speaker 2: Like that's not she's supposed to be used. Like I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't like I agree with you. I didn't like it because it was coming across as a X moment rather than a competant moment.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's coming across, it's coming across the way.
Speaker 3: This whole shit is, like I said, it's all because of one individual who was not in that building. That's exactly how it comes across. The record is built around one individual. Serena being is built around one individual. Like what do we we can just we can just say, okay, we understand what the moment was. This was the shit on Drake moment. Bring in a girl that he's dated, who happens to be one of the greatest fucking athletes ever have her crip walk. She's from Compton. We see, we see the connection. I get that, but she wasn't supposed agree to that. She should have respectfully passed on that.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. Why did you what you do? They showed her for four seconds? What did you enjoy it? I enjoy You enjoyed the petty this I know because she used to fuck with Drake right my mind.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed even if she didn't used to fuck with Drake.
Speaker 6: I enjoy seeing our athletes incorporated into hip hop athlete like.
Speaker 1: I like that, I love always, like Serena was in the Sorry video fire thank you. But I'm saying this is coming from my male like fragile ego. There's no fucking way my wife is about to cryp walk to spite her ex at the fucking Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So we do agree she was there to spite her egg. Okay. I thought we was going somewhere else with that.
Speaker 1: Okay. What's funny is Venus was on our flight to New Orleans and I was like, Nah, there's no way. When I saw Venus, I was like, do you think it's fucking gonna bring Serena? I was like, there's no fucking way that would happen. The whole time I'm thinking on this flight, Wow, that's one of one of the greatest athletes starstruck and then it happened.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 1: I should have talked to Venus on the flight and be like, listen, let's just watch from the box.
Speaker 2: That's so all what I'm saying. It's just a little cringe.
Speaker 5: How how high up.
Speaker 6: On Billboard do you guys have to think a song has to go and stay for it to be considered a hit.
Speaker 2: Not just first.
Speaker 1: That's a great question that I probably can't answer. Now, Okay, that's that sounds like such. How have to go on such a loaded question and stay? Not like us as a hit record that should be performed the Super Bowl, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Talking about not like.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about Luthor, which is number four on Billboard right now that I was being told it was not on its way to be in a hit. It's it's it's almost a hit. Yeah, I think it's number four on Billboard. I feel like that, you know, that's just me and it's been on there for a while.
Speaker 5: That's just me. I don't know. I'm not arguing that Luther should have been performed.
Speaker 6: You also asked me who knows twenty? Who knows thirty for thirty, and that's also number twenty. I'm bill order right now.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You gotta pick one Luther or thirty third, Like, come on, that's what That's where I was arguing with you. You can't just do all the new records that y'all just did. Pick one of the new ones and then do the Black Panther soundtrack and then let siss A cook for a few records from Control in sos, No, you're not doing thirty for thirty at the Super Bow. But this is the three that might have went off better than Luther. But this is the thing, though, Luther is a big record right.
Speaker 3: Now, so is thirty for thirty would have went off better than Okay, you guys want to be stat people with this Super Bowl, you just prove that Luther should be the one out of those two.
Speaker 6: Luther came out before thirty for thirty thirty I'm a worry is going up on the charts.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is luthor. What I'm what I'm saying or you have to buy me sneaker.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is if you would stop interrupting me, is that if you're gonna advertise bringing Scissa out, utilize her. You don't have to perform the entire song. When I say thirty for thirty, when I say Medley, do it creatively. Get three, three of us the songs off together. Have Scissor du two on her own, but Medley form thirty seconds. Thirty seconds doesn't take much.
Speaker 1: That's that is a lot in a fifteen minute set. I guess I'm with you. If it's a transition, you shouldn't utilize that time to get Scissor her time with solo records, if you're bringing her up.
Speaker 5: That's that's what I'm saying. Fact, that's a fact. I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree because I almost fell asleep watching.
Speaker 5: Here you Go.
Speaker 2: You know, I had to get one to come on. I like it. I like God, I like it, come on, I like it, come on, I get it.
Speaker 1: I actually feel for advertisers, not because there wasn't like a quote unquote pop star there. When the game sucks, people are turning that shit off. In the third quarter, like all that money that these advertisers paid for those commercials, because obviously super Bow commercials are the biggest thing. Imagine you finally get your bread up and this shit is fuck thirty eight nothing in the third quarter.
Speaker 5: I spent all this fucking money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was I'm not gonna lie. Though at halftime I did feel like Pat Mahomes still had a chance. Though I didn't count Kansas City out until like I think the mid third, and I just saw they body language. I was like, man, it's over. They they just they gave up, like they didn't look like defending champs. So I mean it happens, shout out again. I don't want to say, like, you know, the Eagles did they They handle business. They did what the fuck they had to do, and they went in there and they didn't want to leave it up to the refs. They wanted to play. I think at one point when they got that first bag call, and I always keep thinking about this, they showed a shot of Saquon Barkley grabbing everybody and pushing them on the sideline saying chill like, in other words, don't get caught up in this rip shit. Let's just fucking play. Let's not leave it up to the rest. Let's go out here, let's punch these motherfuckers in their mouth, and let's get out of here with the Super Bowl. So I like the fact that Saquon his first year there, he showed that leadership when it looked like, you know, everybody was kind of the head coach was upset at the call. Everybody on the Eagle sideline kind of had this energy. It was like, yo, don't start this ship. And it was like only two minutes into the game, and they showed Saquon kind of grabbing anybody and pushing them on the sideline saying like chill, don't worry about it, don't get caught up in that ship.
Speaker 2: So shout out to the Eagles man that I'm sorry sorry that pick six.
Speaker 6: You didn't see the way that they're like facial like their body linguage changed after that pick six by Cooper.
Speaker 5: You didn't see that.
Speaker 2: It was before that though. That was that was the nail. That was like all right, man, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was a great day for the Whites. Yeah, it was his birthday, so I was so proud. Yeah, you know, we got it, Like when we got white DB's that's that's very rare. We have to support our guys like yet behind Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel But one of the best night's best moments of the night for me was we actually got to see Seal be a seal. I thought that was there. I thought that was the coolest shit. Like, we didn't know we needed that moment until we got it last night. Like none of us have probably ever thought about Seal being a Sealavorit commercial, but by far, by far, that's one of the best commercials out ever see James directed.
Speaker 2: I don't know who directed it.
Speaker 1: They missed that opportunity if his little brother didn't.
Speaker 2: The song was the song kind of had me doing this a little bit. The way he was remixing that.
Speaker 6: She know. I was like, Okay, that was the Baja Blast commercial, right, No, I think it was Mountain Dew right, Yeah, Mountain do Baha Blas.
Speaker 2: Oh bah Yeah. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: You say Baha Blast, I'm thinking, like, that's like a chain.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a resort in St.
Speaker 2: Thomas.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, the Baja Blast is the soda they were advertising.
Speaker 6: My favorite was I don't know, I got old ass parents, y'all, so I'll be doing Auntie shit. When the when Harry met Sally Reenact met Helmans like her doing the moaning and the diner. I freaked out and Alex and her boyfriend were like, what the fuck. I'm like, y'all don't get when Harry met sat like, y'all don't see it. But my favorite commercial was the Nike women's commercial. They smoked that. Which one was that that was with? Oh god, it had shir Carrie, It had uh had all like a bunch of the women's players from different like sports and do she was narrating it.
Speaker 2: I missed that.
Speaker 5: It had Jordan Childs, it had the yeah Kaylin.
Speaker 2: Clark, Like, damn, I missed that commercial.
Speaker 5: Really, that was the best super Bowl commercial to me, that was the best one.
Speaker 2: Damn that sounds dope. I was wondering why I didn't see a Nike because I was.
Speaker 3: I think I said, that was like you a Nike didn't get a commercial that shit, And then that probably was the commercial that they put all the money bond.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when I, uh, before you guys get me my flowers with ice spice, I do I do want to bring.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Yo. We thought that they had a fickle relationship. Tailor ain't she didn't curve the Bronx was in the building. Ice Spie was dead.
Speaker 3: We thought she curved Ice Spicery thought we thought Taylor kicked out the car.
Speaker 2: Ice Spice was dead.
Speaker 6: Rory.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. I was there.
Speaker 1: I know she I know she's busy. I have been refreshing my DMS, my I message. I'm just waiting for a thank you, just maybe a flower emoji something if I don't put the pressure on Tailor's Ice Spice at the Super Bowl her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think she's still there. I'm sorry you.
Speaker 5: Don't see the ship though.
Speaker 1: Until I started putting the pressure on they was they weren't even hanging out.
Speaker 5: You didn't even know if they knew each other, or maybe they were just not cameras.
Speaker 2: I get how you want to frame that, but no, I think you just was wrong. It's cool they still friends.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's fine. I know haters when I hear you ain't seen Ice Spice next to her sense until I started putting that pressure, the Bronx owes me a thank you.
Speaker 5: Singers across the world.
Speaker 3: Oh you gotta she gotta be at a few more regular season games. You can't just Ice. You can't just pop up at the super Bowl like you gotta. You gotta support in the regular season too. She gotta fly to Kansas City for some games, like she gotta do that.
Speaker 1: See, you don't understand. I'm a chess player.
Speaker 2: I put Taylor, I've never seen you play chess.
Speaker 1: A compromising situation where I was attacking her character as a human being.
Speaker 5: Music is subjective, whatever her dating life.
Speaker 1: Who gives a fuck about that. I'm looking at her, Taylor. It's supposed to be your friend. You putting out press releases that this is the greatest artist next to Prince, the greatest human being next to gandhim. Why you don't hang out with her no more? Because them streams down she'd be talking about pooped too much. I thought that was your people. I attacked her character and that's what got under her skin.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll let you have that.
Speaker 5: Whatever makes you in their MS.
Speaker 1: Six am in a middle seat flying back to New York, knowing that Taylor definitely gave Ice Spice a private jet back to New York. Fuck, am, I sitting here sweating in the middle seat.
Speaker 5: I'm the reason that she was at the Super Bowl ice.
Speaker 3: Aside from the game, the best part of the weekend, it was definitely Kanye West on Twitter.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't as someone that defends Kanye more than they should. This is like, this is corny as fuck, this is hard, this is stupid, Like, fuck Kanye West. When have you ever heard me say something like that?
Speaker 2: Were that kind of got Kanye?
Speaker 5: He was making fun of CASTI again, you got you said, what the fuck is.
Speaker 1: Wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I'm agree, I'm agreeing with you.
Speaker 1: I'm done with Kanye West. I never actually even thought I would see the day I've set out loud certain things like dare can't fuck with with Kanye and still quickly listening to his music.
Speaker 5: I'm finally this has finally gotten me.
Speaker 1: To that point. Is it the tweets in support of Puff? Yes, and then you're making merch and then on top of that, you not even on the side of like the way Puff's kids are supporting their pops because that's their pops, even though they have nothing to do with that. And I have some grace and understanding because that's their dad. They want to stand by him. That's because that's their blood, that's their dad.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeay is continuing on and it's like, I'm only doing this for selfish reasons. He not doing it because he really want to stand with his brother.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: He doesn't fuck with Puff, he hates Puff. He's using a moment over a woman that was fucking punted through a hotel hallway to sell a T shirt that you probably not even gonna print. You have daughters, you nasty motherfucker. This is disgusting. Yeah, it's gross. Fuck Kanye West, Yo all falls down. Will never overshadow bullshit like that to me? Right?
Speaker 2: No, I agree that the art never overshadows like man first and ship.
Speaker 5: Sorry, did I take it too far?
Speaker 1: That's how I was actually happy that it didn't get like the traction that Kanye thought it was going to get. That's why I was so fore I didn't want to talk about this because I want to give more light to it, not to say that we would bring more light to Kanye West rant.
Speaker 5: But this didn't go the way he thought it was going to go.
Speaker 2: The rant.
Speaker 6: No, the antic screenshot and taking a picture of a like screenshoting that that video of Diddy before he beat on Cassie, Like that's not like you screenshotting that and tweeting.
Speaker 5: It, like putting out the hoodies that matches, Like come on.
Speaker 6: Match what she had on in the video, Like it's levels. Like no, I used to stand up for Kanye a lot too, but no, I'm done. He's cooked them.
Speaker 3: That is the That is the consensus that I've seen, like a lot of people that supported Kanye through a lot of his rants and things that he said in the past. Uh, this rant this past weekend was the was the rant that I think most people are finally at a point where they're like, all right, man, Like I'm I'm done with this dude. And I and I agree with you Roy like the things he said, I was questioning and I'm like, yo, but why is he tweeting this? And I'm like, okay, I get it. You have you know because I called it last week. Whenever he has something to sell us, he goes on this crazy rant and you know, like clockwork, it gets everybody stirred up. And you know, his things, his his his tweets are posted everywhere, so you.
Speaker 2: Know it's marketing.
Speaker 3: But I'm of the belief that Kanye The reason why I'm looking at this rant a little crazy, well, all of his rants, but this one in particulars because I'm like, Kanye doesn't need to do any of this to sell anything. Kanye could post a link tonight with his album his merch and everybody that was gonna support and buy it before his rent is kinna supported by it. Anyway, even if he didn't go on the rent, people are gonna see he has a cult following. He has a built in fan base that is going to tell him we love you no matter what. Except for I think this past rant is the one where I think his fan is now looking at him for the first time that I can remember and saying collectively like, nah, fam, you went a little too.
Speaker 2: Far with this.
Speaker 1: And as an advocate for mental health, that has given Kanye a lot of grace when he's done wild rants before. I think he was undiagnosed, didn't have good people around him. I was on that side of let's give some grace to him here. This is not mental health. You're an asshole. There's nothing about this. Don't put a better help ad right here. This is not mental health. You're a fucking asshole. You know exactly what you're doing and who it's gonna affect. And in a week or two, if I see one fucking Kanye West rant of they're keeping my kids away from me, they won't let me see my children, I'm a victim. If I ever said some shit like that or posted what he posted about Cassie and Kiya took Amar away.
Speaker 5: She fucking should m No.
Speaker 1: Icky, listen when he starts crying, Yo, why I know what helped me get my kids.
Speaker 2: This is why.
Speaker 3: This is the first time where I think that I understand a lot of you know, the things that Kanye has gone through as far as like the family, you know, and again he's you know, he's he's he's tweeting and ranting and saying that a lot of these things were you know, people didn't support him when they were trying to take his family. For man, we all collectively felt like damn, Like especially you as a father, can understand if somebody is trying to take your kids away, and you know, we don't know the full story. But then when you get rants like this, that gives us a peaking to the mind and the thoughts of this person. This is obviously somebody that is is unstable, who's unpredictable?
Speaker 5: See, this is this is where I'm starting to disagree.
Speaker 1: Even though we all know Kanye does have mental health problems, even coming off that justin the boyshit of a somewhat coherent conversation, Kanye can no longer use that excuse with me. This is intentional. This isn't some fucking manic, This is very this is strategic. This is actually the stable part of Kanye. Well, and that's my problem. No, he's saying someone crashing out. No, he's someone doing something very intentional, who is a very very smart you know.
Speaker 2: But Rory, he's saying this intentional. He said it. He he said everything he's tweeting, he knows what he's tweeting. He's okay.
Speaker 3: He's even went on Live and you know, he said he posted a video because a video Kodak Black in the street eating chicken or something like sitting in the middle of the street had came hit the timeline, and Kanye posted a video saying, like, I know, throughout my tweets people think I'm somewhere going crazy right now, Like I'm fine, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: So clearly more selfish bullshit, did he fly. Did he fly like he said he was gonna do and go get Kodak?
Speaker 2: I mean we don't know that. I mean, so you know, we don't know did he go get.
Speaker 1: Everyone's masters back after the last Twitter rant two years ago?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Well, no, we know that every time he tries to clean up his crazy bullshit with stuff that we agree with, he never follows through it. So you're saying at this, that's why, that's why I saw Big Sean and Drink Champs hurt as fuck, Like, why would you not only say all that shit about me, but then you went on this RN You're gonna get everyone's master's back, and instead of actually doing that, you shit on my character and who I am as a person. I've been nothing but nice to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck fuck I ain't man, listen, listen. I get it, and which I hate when he tries to make points that I do agree with that. I do think black executives are definitely attacked. I think a lot of shit does get made up. I think that is a real point that does need to get looked into. But you know, we have that video, so I don't even want to hear a fucking thing about that.
Speaker 3: No, these tweets were you know, I laugh at a lot of shit. I find human a lot of shit. But when he started going the whole Cassie, you know, he even said, yeah, I've hit women before, and this, that and the third. You start going that route and start okaying that behavior, That's when I kind of got to be like, all right, if I can't, I can't tune into this no more, because this is clearly somebody that is just you know, in their own world and their own head and doesn't understand, you know, what's going on around him and how it affects everybody going on around him.
Speaker 2: Because Cassie has to read, she has to see that, she has to read these tools.
Speaker 1: I think Kanye is very aware of how it affects everyone around him. I think he doesn't care. Well, he's just a self.
Speaker 2: That's well.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm on the side now where I don't I can care less about a Kanye album. I mean, I'm being honest, I didn't care about this new album coming out like that anyway, So if I'm just being hot. Once I heard it was an AI album, I'm like, I don't really give a fuck about that. But you know, I'm at the point now that you're at with Kanye as well, Like I'm I just I don't care about a rant. I don't care about an album. I don't care about anything Kanye has to sell. I do care about him, you know, becoming a better person, a better father, a better but let me not say a better father, a better example of a father. But he needs to get he needs to get some help, He needs to get some people around him and you know, really address his issues and what's really because a lot of this seems like it's reactive because he was hurt when people didn't help him with his family situation. So now he kind of lashes out and you know what I mean. So that's just a cycle of just trauma that he obviously is dealing with. But again, I don't think he cares. I think he's just all about Kanye and serving Kanye.
Speaker 1: We and we'll get off this side this one way longer than some shit I don't want to talk about. I do want to give grace to his crew because I hate that when people from the outside looking at it, like, Yo, why isn't his friends like trying to stop him from doing this? Too many yes men around it I know John Monopoly cares about Kanye West wholeheartedly. I know he's trying to stop him from doing crazy shit. Some people in your crew, you're not a yes man. You just can't stop that certain shit. And I'm not about to go in this crash out shit with you. Don't do that shit. And if you choose otherwise, you a grown fucking man. And that's it. I know I'll be really cares for Kanye West. Kanye does have good people in a circle. Kanye West isn't going to listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you're Kanye West, no matter who you are.
Speaker 1: What's worth a yes man or somebody that's the leader of a crew that won't listen to their crew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter who's around k He needs to get like professional help, not just good people. He needs people that can recognize, you know, the mental illness that is there and kind of like help him work through that because at this point, he's just burning his legacy, he's burning his fan base, he's burning everything that he's worked so hard to build. And why is he doing that? That's the questions, Well, why are you doing this? Because you really don't have to do this, So it's all intentional with self sabotaging, and whenever you see somebody doing that, there's a reason, there's an issue that needs to be addressed, and you know, hopefully one day he gets the help that he needs and you know works on becoming a better person.
Speaker 2: But I'm off the Kanye West support trainers.
Speaker 1: Attention to himself. He's admitted that he was so scared of Drake because Drake finally got more attention than him Kendrick after the La Boy shit. He Alread's admitting he's pissed off that Kendrick was the one that did that to Drake. Now, Kendrick doing the Super Bowl, he trying to prove to him his own weirdo ego that he is still bigger than everyone else.
Speaker 5: And now we don't care.
Speaker 1: We're looking at not like us on super Bowl right now, I don't giving a fuck about your weird rans on Twitter.
Speaker 5: You not the god you really think you are.
Speaker 1: You're a genius in your own right, but don't know your time is is starting to pass unless you change your approach.
Speaker 3: A lot of this is your fault, though, White people, no, just people like Rory that started calling them. Yeasy, Jesus the first time.
Speaker 1: I've never called you.
Speaker 2: Did you went to his show and you were showing Yezus save us. That's what hell, that's what you did. Okay, you started calling them. I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: What I did buy the shirt?
Speaker 2: Did you wear it out? Did you wear any public?
Speaker 5: Hundred percent?
Speaker 3: That's you saying Jesus the public. That's your fault. See, I never I never called him that.
Speaker 1: But again, apologies for going on on a longer rant with that Kanye ship. Giving that's your rent. We have we have a guest here, one of my favorite favorite people, friend of the show. So we're gonna get into that. In the meantime, please stream Rory Leon Thomas. Who are you anyway? And I'm excited for this guest, just so she gets ship on your sports opinions.
Speaker 2: She's probably she's capable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's probably one person that absolutely can't shit on my sports opinions.
Speaker 5: So yeah, let's get into it and we are back.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are fresh off the weekend, and we have a very very very very very special guest Friend of the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, friend of the show.
Speaker 3: This is the first time I think I've been in the room with a woman that knows more about sports than I do.
Speaker 1: It's not that difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm honored your takes it. I mean, you are not shooting a very high percentage of sports six. But yeah, it's fine with you. I'm on your side. She's the expert, she is the expert.
Speaker 3: Today we are joined by uh the expert, sports expert, Brooklyn I. Lincoln, a rail rail splitter, rail splitter, asking Nicole Moss, thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 6: I'm a little disappointed, mal Why because you believing money bags underneath my pictures? But I ain't seeing no money when I pulled.
Speaker 5: In, called you out.
Speaker 1: You's front, Damn you'd be dropping mad money bags in the comments.
Speaker 5: I don't see nothing. I got no gift when I pulled up, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest. Now that we're having I got her teeth, now that we're having this food Tara moment. I did not know you were coming in today.
Speaker 6: I was coming.
Speaker 3: Rory said it was on the calendar, on the calendar, but I didn't look at the calendar. I probably did, but it's probably been on the calendar for like two weeks, like a month, maybe worse if I see something on it, it's like the nobody gave me, like the two days out, like, yo, you know ashes.
Speaker 2: Coming in Monday.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, if you knew I was coming in.
Speaker 2: You oh the word got work.
Speaker 5: He was flustered when he walked in.
Speaker 3: No, I was just like, oh, ship, Ashley's here. I didn't know she was coming into it. But I'm glad. I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're joining us.
Speaker 5: I feel like with those money bags, though, you should just walk around with it.
Speaker 6: You might want to keep a little sign in your pocket out all times.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I really don't, and I thought about the other day. I haven't walked around with cash on me in probably six seven months.
Speaker 5: So it's false advertisement.
Speaker 3: No, it's not false advertisement. It's it's more like, uh, it's like Santa Claus. Like you've never seen Santa right, he never like came down the chimney and.
Speaker 2: Actually left gifts. But when you wake up, the gifts are there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So in the morning you might wake up and then your Zelle might be like, you know something that you weren't expected, gotcha?
Speaker 5: So your Santa Claus in this scenario.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I am. I'm saying maybe somebody maybe here, maybe you his associate, you speak on his behalf.
Speaker 5: Is that what the we read? Crumbing?
Speaker 3: And we've we've we've we've kicked it a couple of nights. You heard, Okay, I know who's been noughty and who's been who's been nice.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you do. Yeah, I'm sure you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can tell on Instagram that you know people. Yeah, I feel like I could actually put ma on Homie court out the gate. Oh, while Julius was with the Knicks. Yeah, Maul never got Julius. Random took me to a k next game. Ashley took me to a next game, and you didn't during the Julius, that's insane.
Speaker 3: Well, we would add a game together one night. I didn't even know you were there, text me and he was like, Yo, where are you sitting at?
Speaker 5: I think I was with her?
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah that was great. Didn't go together, but you were.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have been able to go if she didn't get me a ticket and you had better seats I mean what I mean.
Speaker 5: And you ain't let your man's come of.
Speaker 6: Like what's was Julius with the Knicks five probably, Yeah, that's crazy, mark five years I only went to Like, honestly, Julius with the Knicks, like five years.
Speaker 2: I may have went to five games.
Speaker 6: And who would you go with when you went to those five games?
Speaker 5: He got caught on four K one time.
Speaker 2: We caught him.
Speaker 1: Somebody had filmed you, like from across the court and you were with you know, money back.
Speaker 2: Oh so you think it grocer, not your man? No, I took I took me and my homeboy went to the the year they went to the playoffs? Who did they play that first? We went to one of those games my homeboy.
Speaker 3: Most two of the other games, I went by myself because I sat next to his wife. One game, Uh yeah, I only went to I think I took a girl with me one time to the Knicks game and just and that may have been that.
Speaker 2: That may have been the time you talking about. They only went to five.
Speaker 5: So you good, don't worry.
Speaker 1: That's fun. Yeah, I was the shorty that was broke.
Speaker 2: Yeh. She knows more about sports than I do.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was actually an intelligent conversation that was going on with instead of pointing like.
Speaker 2: Like do you know the plays?
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Do I know like the knickt playbook?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Like do you yell at it?
Speaker 6: Like yo set do yous offense? Man and man?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know that, but like do you yell it out?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Like if Jalen Brun they're about to set the screen on jailing, do you yell at me left?
Speaker 6: Basketball is more of like a game of runs and adjustments, whereas football you can kind of see the play happening in real time. Remember you're playing five on five, so it's like you know offensively and defensively what adjustments you should make.
Speaker 5: But if I'm calling them out, like.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not doing that? Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So did you play sports growing up? I played a little bit.
Speaker 5: I dabbled. I did soccer when I was like really young, but growing up in New York it was like.
Speaker 1: Cold as hell outside and there's not many fields.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was in and out basketball and volleyball really like my two okay things that I really was invested in then I did. I was on the dance team for a little bit. It's to cheer for the basketball team.
Speaker 2: So you was like you was cheering while you were playing like during the time, I would.
Speaker 6: You go like before I really took basketball and was like I'm going to do that. I was I was dancing for a little bit for the team, so I was like Christina million and loved don't cost a thing?
Speaker 5: You know, how's my thing?
Speaker 2: Where did you pull that reference?
Speaker 5: Because I went out.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a great reference. And I don't understand what she was saying.
Speaker 6: Because when I was a kid, I used to get that comp a lot my hair like it's naturally very very dark curly, so like I used to get that like that's like the first thing was top of my head out to her, though she's ageless.
Speaker 1: Sebastian's heelfare pay you to be his girlfriend. He did not pay me to be his girlfriend? Did Lance Stevenson? Because you was there when Lance was there? Right, yes, yes, that's definitely did the Nick Cannon paying for this? That's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Lance was the man, the greatest New York City absolutely a doubt.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So first of all, congratulations on all your success. I think what you and Taylor Rooks are representing with black women in sports is amazing and I'm always happy to see y'all. Know what I do, and y'all know, y'all shit. So I love that y'all put all the stereotypes to bed that women should just go in the kitchen once the game is on.
Speaker 2: Like y'all really know, y'all really know what the fuck y'all talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they tried to get her out the paint. Congrats on your CBS shlfy just launch. They tried to get you out like episode two really with your Anthony Davis s take.
Speaker 6: Oh that wasn't even that wasn't even my show. That was a like breaking news type like Luca had just gotten traded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mind you.
Speaker 6: I was fresh off of my first sideline game that I was doing on VCA. I was in Richmond, had a six am flight out of Richmond. I fell asleep, so I didn't even see the trade until I woke up. It's like four am, and I wake up to Sports Center and I'm like hearing like Luke's been traded, but I'm half asleep. I'm like no thinking, I'm dreaming like whatever the case may be. I finally like get out of my sleep. I get to the airport. I'm scrolling through my phone. I'm like, oh shit, like he really got traded. Okay.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: So one of our.
Speaker 6: Producers who works on the weekend hit me and was like, you know, can you.
Speaker 5: Give a take on this whole thing.
Speaker 6: I hadn't even had time to really like decompress it and like read about it, so like I was really just like winging it and speaking in real time, not my best work, like rightfully, So I got cooked, Like that was what did.
Speaker 2: You say to that? I didn't see. I didn't see what you say that.
Speaker 5: Anthony Davis what?
Speaker 6: So what I meant to say was that Anthony Davis could be a piece that was used to bring Jimmy to Dallas. What I ended up saying, though, because I'm sleep deprived, is that they're going to trade a d for Jimmy Butler, which no one in their right mind will do.
Speaker 2: So I got cooked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was way more mature than me, Like I looked at that as a teachable moment for myself when I have a horrible take. Instead of just admitting that I'm wrong, I'm gonna double triple down.
Speaker 5: I'm not taking that.
Speaker 1: Hell, I'm going to continue to argue that even though I know in my heart I'm wrong. She came out super mature and was like, yeah, I had a bad take. I apologized, Yeah, take a tried you could do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see I can't. I don't get the luxury of doing that. Why they killed me about takes that happened three years ago. I'm like, bro, that was three.
Speaker 5: Years ago, because you don't apologize.
Speaker 2: I don't need them.
Speaker 1: I was wrong, and you believe your takes too, like she realized she had misspoked.
Speaker 6: No, it was a bad take, like in hindsight, after I digested it, I was like, yeah, this ain't it. And honestly, what really threw me off though, like really what was surprising was the fact that there were articles written about the take and how like asinine it was. And then when I called the trash there were articles like we need more of this in sports media, and I was like, oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Need more trash takes. No, we need more people owning up.
Speaker 6: To trash takes, which I was like, oh, I can get that to you guys all the time, that that's what you want.
Speaker 3: What's one of your takes that you you feel like you got killed for but you really believed in it, but you like the internet absolutely killed you for it.
Speaker 2: But every day you're like, nah, like I got that right, y'alla.
Speaker 6: Bugging Usually like if it comes back in full circle and I ended up being right, I'll double down on it. But I will say the take that I stand by to this day, even though it didn't come true, was my take. So when I was on sports radio, Jannis was going through free agency and there was a rumor that he was going to sign in Miami and like he was having conversations with Miami and we sourced it out whatever whatever. The same source who told us that Jimmy was going to sign in Miami told us about Giannis. Now ultimately didn't happen because Drew Holliday came out of left field ended up going to the Bucks. The Milwaukee fans Bucks fans to this day before the championship, Yeah, will not let me live this down. And then he won the championship that year, so it was like a double thing. The Bucks have me blocked on Twitter?
Speaker 1: Wait, teams do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Bucks have me blocked on social media wait to this day.
Speaker 5: Which is like who actually didn't I.
Speaker 6: Don't know it's whoever the admin is, But I got blocked on Twitter by the Milwaukee Bucks. That's actually really funny is a couple of weeks ago, they liked one of my photos on Instagram, So I'm like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: And then go to the page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yo, blocking Ashley in the social strategy is the funny shit.
Speaker 5: But I stand by it.
Speaker 6: It just when it comes down trades like that, Like sometimes trades happen, they don't happen, like sometimes a player gets thrown into the equation.
Speaker 5: It changes the whole dynamic of what they were talking about.
Speaker 6: Like as soon as you get this, like you can't ever one hundred percent predict a trade. There's always something that can like throw a wrench into it. There's always something that can change the course of what was supposed to happen, what was rumored to.
Speaker 5: Happen, And you would have to be a psychic to know that.
Speaker 6: Like if you said ex player was going to get traded, and now this player comes out of left field and changes that, there's no way you could have done that, you know what I mean? So I stand by it, And I would really love if like the Bucks unblocked me, because we'll.
Speaker 1: See what we could do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool, I mean make a couple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate that. That's what's up. Is it similar in sports?
Speaker 1: Like, for example, our listeners will kill us if they know we have a relationship with a certain artist or some type of friendship, even if we're admitting we're coming from some type of a bias. Does that happen don't, Well, that's because you just keep doubling down on your takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I apologize, Like Ashley, I don't apologize.
Speaker 6: No, I apologize. That's why I got like a good review. So like people like try to kill me about the fact that I'm a die hard Knicks fan, okay, and they'll be like, well, you're a Knicks fan, you don't know anything, Like all right, chill on me, Like I know a lot.
Speaker 5: So it's the same thing.
Speaker 6: Like I think though, like I'm also the first person to like uproot or not up uplift the Knicks on a public platform, but I'm also the first person to be like, they're not playing well, they look like trash tips running our guys into the ground. So I feel like, if you lead with your fandom, but you're also not afraid to criticize your team, people know that you just are going to keep it one hundred across the board, and that's really all you can do.
Speaker 3: You know that don't work for me because I criticize the Lakers and they they still kill me.
Speaker 2: But do you ever uplift them? Yeah? I just don't like the bubble ring.
Speaker 5: It probably just you though.
Speaker 1: Tell me how you uplift the Lakers?
Speaker 3: No, well, I uplook them saying like, damn, we need to do this, like look good, like you know this play with the bench. That was a good draft pick, and like connecting all of that. I'm glad that trade didn't go through because I like him. But then I say, yo, we're not winning nothing this year. And then everybody, do you.
Speaker 6: Ever like call a player out of their name? Have you ever called Anthony Davis street clothes?
Speaker 2: Nah? I never do that. I've never I've never called Anthony Davis to you ever?
Speaker 6: Not to was yet like on social media? No, have you ever called any player out of their name? No?
Speaker 2: Not on social media. Sure, I'll say, trying to do.
Speaker 6: A background, you can't say that if somebody's tracked call a player trash.
Speaker 2: Actually, don't do that.
Speaker 6: I've never called a player trash. You actually have never caught a player trash?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about on air or in your personal life on air. See, that's what we be different at. I give them the real meeting.
Speaker 5: I've never in my life called a player trash on air.
Speaker 2: Trash? Why not?
Speaker 6: Because I feel like there's so many other ways to vocalize that, and trash is such a lazy way, and honestly, because I we're gonna keep it a buck. If you're in the NBA, you're not trash. There are teers, we know the players in the NBA. Not everyone's the same tier. But if we're gonna be honest, like, there's a skill set that every single player has absolutely that is NBA caliber. Absolutely, So calling a player trash is just not factual. Now you can say, like didn't have a good game where it was unsatisfactory, or it's uncharacteristic, or there's a lot of the words and adjectives you can use.
Speaker 5: I can't. I can't call somebody trash. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Actually don't. I'm not gonna you can't call you can't call a play uncharacteristic.
Speaker 6: Because I want to say it's uncharacteristic to his style of play.
Speaker 3: All right, So Pat Mahomes had an uncharacteristic absolute characteristic game last night.
Speaker 5: He played trash. He played He's not trash. He's one of the greatest of all times. He played horrible.
Speaker 2: Pat Mahomes is not trash. He had a trash game.
Speaker 6: Right, but he played horribly. Is the way I would say that on their.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: Has that ever fucked up interview opportunities when you have uh used nice adjectives like uncharacteristic. But NBA players especially, I feel like, are more sensitive than even like R and B artists talking.
Speaker 3: NFL players are the most sensitive athletes in the world, but nobody knows what they look like because they have a helmet on all the time. So soon as they get a chance to take that funky helmet off, they want to start talking crazy than niggas NFL players.
Speaker 2: You know it ain't personal. You say his name or you could just see it though that's the person. No, no, no, no, no problem.
Speaker 3: Well I don't like years ago, I made it a thing to whenever I heard it was like NFL players in the club, I would leave. You would leave the whole club absolutely when them niggas is in the club, not bro NFL because they know that that first of all them niggas know they're stronger than eighty percent of the club. Number one intimidated hundred. I know I wasn't intimidated. Actually, I'm not fighting nobody at colone On. Somebody gonna get popped fucking with me. But I'm just saying they just know they have this thing about them where one is helmet syndrome, so they feel like they have to like grand stand whenever they don't have their helmet on because most peo they don't recognize. Most people would not recognize the top three running back in the NFL if he walked down the street.
Speaker 2: I was right, Yeah, you cannot say that.
Speaker 3: About an NBA player if your top three player in the NBA, because.
Speaker 6: They're also extremely tall. So the height alone, the NFL players are tall, yeah, all of them.
Speaker 3: But okay, some defensive players are really tall, right, six six sixty seven, right, But nobody knows them because they have a helmet on, so their face is not as face fronting, forward fronting as an NBA player.
Speaker 2: NBA players are more chill, laid back. People know who they are. They walk in.
Speaker 3: It's like NFL players, they gonna take their shirt off. They might not even have your shirt on when they walk in. These niggas as extra.
Speaker 6: You're telling me you in the club, and you hear that Sakwon Barkley in that same club you're leave in.
Speaker 3: Saquan is different. He's one of the few NFL players I've been around where he's cool. In the club, you leave in, I'm out, you out, I'm leaving. What Derek Henry do to you?
Speaker 2: Too strong?
Speaker 3: Too aggressive? He's mad that nobody recognizes his face.
Speaker 2: I'm out of there. No I know who Derek Harry.
Speaker 1: Maybe you want to go to the club to join himself, not try to get Derick Henry walked.
Speaker 2: In here right now, baby d would not know who that nigga was.
Speaker 6: Okay, so is it position based? Like do you have the same beef for quarterbacks?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, No, quarterbacks are different. Quarterbacks are usually more recognizable because.
Speaker 6: They savers have a wire receiver in the club. Are you leave in some It depends on they's in the club?
Speaker 1: Are you out?
Speaker 2: I'm leaving? You leaving my Stefan? He's cool. He seems like he's a cool guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, justin Jefferson in the club, you leave in out?
Speaker 3: Why just you might just start you feeling like, you know, niggas ain't showing them enough love. It's you might start running routes in the club, knocking niggas over. I just don't want to be around them niggas and Therpe's in the bathroom. Yeah, these niggas is too strong and aggressive.
Speaker 5: And just you know, if Plexico's at the club, you're going, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're safe. He's gonna hurt himself. Oh my god, Plexico's gonna hurt himself. He's gonna misuse that fire year we're saving the club. But yeah, NFL players are very, very aggressive.
Speaker 5: I think the opposite.
Speaker 1: I think NBA players are way way more sentenoble because they're so recognizable and are so accessible. I think they get more sensitive and have a higher thought of themselves while they get so sick.
Speaker 3: I can almost call my homeworld that has been doing the doors at clubs in New York for over twenty five years, and I guarantee you she would agree with me whenever she's had to deal with NFL players versus NBA players.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like all athletes to a level have an ego, right.
Speaker 6: I feel like all people in general, when they get to a certain in life, you have an ego, you need that, you expect certain treatment, you expect certain things one because no, no, no, even just in life, because you've a you've reached a certain stratosphere, you're in a certain echelon, and you've also experienced that for the per you know, for most of your life. You got to think athletes, for example, especially the ones that are professional now from their time, they're.
Speaker 2: Like this big.
Speaker 6: They're told that you're the best, you're this, you're that that follows them and they continuously expect that even as adults and things like that. But when it comes to the sensitivity, I feel like there's like a line, right. I feel like athletes are used to being criticized. I think for them, where it gets sticky and uncomfortable and you start seeing that contention between athlete and the media is because a lot of the times the media tries to, how do I word this, disrespect athletes outside.
Speaker 5: Of the realm of the game for engagement. So like, if you want to criticize.
Speaker 2: Vandal, did that, Fandle did that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as soon as niggas start losing money on players and paul As, it got personal.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't bet so I don't know.
Speaker 3: So Like, all right, so if if Derek Henry keeps messing up your paul a week after week as a guy, and you see Derrick Henry in the club one night, you might be inclined to say something that may be disrespectful.
Speaker 6: To Derek Fandel would feel disrespectful or just a fan, no, the fan that was playing on Fando.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but fans have always been disrespectful, not as.
Speaker 3: Much now because now you feel like you make your personal like I lost money because you didn't get three receptions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Cam Johnson and Ben Simmons were on a podcast recently and they spoke about that, about how you could even win a game and still exactly get cursed out by a fan because they didn't hit their parlay about it is like in the media, athletes don't have it Like you may not like what someone has to say about how you played a certain night, but if you're criticizing the numbers and the stats and the logistics and like what happened within the realms of the arena or the field, you may not like it, but you can't argue against it. Where it becomes contentious and where athletes have the issue is that sometimes most of the time it doesn't stay within the realms of the game. It's oh, he was out partying last night, or oh it's calling Anthony Davis street close or whatever. Things like that is what gets under their skin because your job isn't to chastise me like that. Your job is to critique what you can measure. Anything outside of that is unfair. And I think that a lot of media entities and personalities don't always follow those parameters, and that's where the contention lies.
Speaker 1: But I think that's the result of twenty four hour sports networks, like the Sports Center model that started. You just you're gonna need shit to talk about. You can only talk about the game so much twenty four hours out the fucking day. Steven A. Smith works what seventeen hours a day. Yeah, he's got to just start saying shit. Point you do, but you don't.
Speaker 5: I feel like you have to have a moral compass.
Speaker 6: Like the thing about me is, I will critique whatever happens in the four quarters of a game. It's fair game. You may not like it, but you can't argue it. I don't care if you were at the club last night. I don't care if you're dealing with baby mama drama. I don't care what's in the blogs about you and your girlfriend. I don't None of that matters to me. I'm not going to speak on it.
Speaker 2: It's not my business.
Speaker 5: I don't care. Like if it does not happen in a stat line.
Speaker 6: Doesn't show up in a course of a game, my moral compasses, I will never discuss it, which then earns you the respect of the people that you're talking about and you're trying to have access to, because they know you're not going to cross a certain line.
Speaker 5: And that's really what it comes down to.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 1: The catch twenty two of that is, let's say music, for example, at the highest clip, and artists may put an album out once a year at the highest clip uh huh. There will be criticism just for that month, and then it'll move the fuck on. Athletes play every other fucking night, so they're always going to have a teak in the morning, but at least you can redeem yourself the next day. If you put out a shitty album, you gotta live in that whole other album cycle every fucking day without having the opportunity to redeem yourself until you sit for another year to put another project.
Speaker 2: Though god forbid that album. They feel like it's worse than the life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I'm sitting here like I wish I was playing one hundred and ten fucking games a year so I could change with you.
Speaker 5: I music, though music is more so. Sports is performance based.
Speaker 6: Whereas music is art, so art it like to a certain demo, it may resonate with them to you, it may not. It's hard to critique someone's art because that's it's a passion, whereas when you talk performance, yes it's a passion as well, but it's a performance based yeah, you know what I mean, passion, Whereas it can be measured. How do you measure the success of an album outside of sale?
Speaker 2: Yah?
Speaker 5: And just because something didn't sells.
Speaker 1: Like foodn't like it, there's no real.
Speaker 3: Music is subjective, right, Sports isn't either you won, you played well or you didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, either you're good or you're not.
Speaker 3: Like, nobody's gonna be like, yeah, Pat Mahomes lost last night, but you know the way he scrambled was so poetic. Nobody's saying that, right, It's just it's just a while. Take it like you got your ass kicked, you know what I'm saying. Like your offensive line was terrible, you know what I mean. So to me, that's the difference. Music subjective. If you don't like something great, somebody else might love it. Sports is nobody that's going to say that the Kansas City Chiefs one last night, now, see what I'm saying. So it's just a difference in that.
Speaker 1: You could add in like when we talk about certain artists, like they're in a bad label system or they didn't get proper promotion and that's maybe why it didn't work out.
Speaker 5: Yefication.
Speaker 1: There's also justifications. Yeah, with the winning loss, you know, black and white shit with sports.
Speaker 2: Like injuries like it, the offensive line coach was terrible. You can you can. You can do those things with sports as well, but not like music.
Speaker 1: No, I think that it's similar to some degree. It falls more on like a quarterback maybe doesn't have that luxury, but I do think wide receivers, running backs, if you're in a bad system, you're fucked. It's not your talent level could be at its absolute highest if you don't have a fucking left tackle, Like what's.
Speaker 2: The points Barkley perfect example.
Speaker 1: Well, not everyone can jump backwards over a safety or full of car with his quads. Yeah, but oh wait, now I know where this hate is coming from. It's because Saquana outsung you at karaoke.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why you be leaving the club now, But just that energy if you leave the club. When he went running back, well I didn't sing a karao because he was shook. But he picked a song and everything and then how did you pull back?
Speaker 2: Didn't have me do?
Speaker 6: What was the song that he sang? You know, that's crazy in all those parts impressive. I didn't expect him to be able to hold a tune the way he did.
Speaker 1: It sounded really good, And I mean I was thinking about going up to do some karaoke, but I didn't know the crew that he ran with, like rehearsed as boys to men, his friends. It was it was like be'st man Holiday. When they did a new addition, I'm like, yo, then I didn't even know we was doing karaoke. I got fucking dance moves.
Speaker 6: He was hitting dance moves.
Speaker 3: They had the whole little two step, little step. He had fun with his carry out because it was good. He smoked the ship got it all right? So ash last night, depending on when they hearing this, Sunday night was the biggest game in the NFL with the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: First of all, did you watch?
Speaker 5: Of course I watched.
Speaker 2: Who were you going for?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I am a Cowboys fan, so I was going for the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Is that happened? How were you from New York and young Cowboys fan?
Speaker 6: There's a lot of New Yorkers who are Cowboys fans. Denzel Washington, jay Z, I mean, the list goes on and on.
Speaker 1: But our age group, a lot of our parents were Cowboys fans because that was the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Yes, my dad is a Cowboys fan. My grandpa was a Cowboys fans legacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so the Cowboys obviously were not playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they weren't getting there for quite some time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like how did Johnson?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, just making sure your Giants fans are what y'all condosorder? Won last night? This one got a ring.
Speaker 1: For the first time in my life. I was rooting for the Eagles. Yeah, like out of any sports team, fun, whatever sport we talk about. I hate the Eagles more than any other team on Earth. I was cheering at the top of my lungs for sake, won yesterday. Now, actually, did you feel like the first of all, who were you going for the Chiefs? You were going for the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like everybody condor was going for the Eagles. They they felt like the Chiefs were gunning way.
Speaker 5: I can't root for the Eagles.
Speaker 6: Now. I have friends on the Eagles that I would have liked to see when, which they did. But if you asked me if I was rooting for the Eagles, absolutely not. Just wasn't going to happen. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So why could you root for Kansas City?
Speaker 6: I wasn't necessarily rooting for them either, I just wasn't rooting for the Eagles, or by default I was rooting for the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Girl?
Speaker 2: Math in sports?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, it's not I can't root for the Eagles. That's my team's not playing.
Speaker 6: Math Like, yeah, give me a dog in the fight, to be honest, but I can't root for the dog that hates my dog, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But if you have friends that played for one team, yeah, the biggest game of the season, of the year.
Speaker 5: I'm rooting for my friend, but I'm not rooting for the squad, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you want your friend to play?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, hold on, is my friend just like a third down quarterback? He's like a he's like a real, real part of the team. Oh, then you got a cheer for your friend. Can't I get it if he's just in the nickel package for certain situations.
Speaker 5: But okay, So, Devine Sae Smith's a really good friend of mine.
Speaker 6: You I met him, then you got a Super Bowl LA when I was working with Sports Illustrated and we hit it off.
Speaker 5: We've been friends ever since.
Speaker 6: I said him a really nice text before the game, like I'm glad that he won. The pictures of him and his family and like it was beautiful, it was amazing. I was not cheering every time the Eagles sport.
Speaker 5: I just wasn't. I can't.
Speaker 6: My soul like I am a true loyalist when it comes to my team's not okay, I respect that, just can't do it. Were you surprised at.
Speaker 2: How bad? Yes, the Kansas City Chiefs played.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought it was going to be a much closer game.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 6: A three feet is really hard. I'm not saying that. I thought it was a showing that the Chiefs were gonna win, but I didn't think they were gonna look like that.
Speaker 2: Something happened.
Speaker 5: It looked like a preseason game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Something.
Speaker 3: I was watching that game, and I feel like something happened that we're probably gonna hear about.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't Now anything happened. I don't know. I don't know what it is. No, no, no, no, not nothing like that.
Speaker 3: But I think something is gonna come out that happened with that team. Not taking nothing, nothing away from the Eagles. The defensive line was incredible last night, but that Kansas City. I was looking at the players on the sideline. They didn't look like they were together. They didn't look like they were You're wrong, you know it was It's something. It's something that happened that I'm just like, bro, this is not the same team that we watched all year.
Speaker 2: Something Definitely. I feel like I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Again, this could be me just over analyzing shit, but just looking at the body language on the on the side, they looked like they gave up in the.
Speaker 6: It could also be law of probability, right, because if you've watched them the entire season, a lot of games they were skating by. They didn't look as dominant. They were winning by field goals, they were winning by like these crazy just calls happening at the right time. It could just be law of probability, like the luck ran out at the wrong time. Sometimes that's what happens too.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, you know, no, they just got caught in the week prior to this of the ref cheating the entire time when they couldn't do this though.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I've seen people saying the this the reps that I understand that.
Speaker 5: The Chiefs get Lebron James type calls all the time.
Speaker 1: This is insane.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 3: And they got one call early that was kind of questionable, But then they came back and gave Philly a call that was questionable as well, so they.
Speaker 2: Kind of balance balanced that out.
Speaker 3: But I was looking at just the demeanor of the Chiefs going into halftime. Travis Kelsey looked like heat. I mean, I don't know if it's a new hairstyle. I don't know if it's a new girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: You ever been in the spot with your girl and your ex'es there.
Speaker 2: Stressful all.
Speaker 6: That was the case last season as well. Yeah, so like he won the super Bowl last year. Yeah, but again that I was Cayler affects them a little different now. So something something was off, something We're gonna hear about it. I'm telling you, we're gonna hear about something that happened with that team in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: But they did not look like the defending champs. They did not look like the dynasty of the Chiefs that they are. Pat Mahomes, he didn't look like he was himself.
Speaker 2: Travick Kelse.
Speaker 6: It could just be like, look again, all season, they weren't really getting punched in the mouth. They were winning, they were skating by and if you don't get punched in the mouth a few times during the regular season, you don't know how to punch back. And the Eagles put them in a situation where it was like they didn't just punch them, they obliterated them, and it's like, we don't know how to fight back from this because we're not accustomed to doing this.
Speaker 1: We've never had to.
Speaker 6: So it was kind of like every game plan that they had went out the window like we've never been in this situation, like looking around like what the hell do we do here? And the Eagles just had their number.
Speaker 1: I mean I was I was looking like an idiot at that party of saying he's still Mahomes because it was twenty four zero at that time.
Speaker 5: I was still on the side like it's still Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Like I thought Taylor was going to go down locker room give the Alpacino any given Sunday Inchine speech. I thought Taylor was gonna smack the dog shit out of her man and they was going to come back.
Speaker 5: Lee Taylor alone, Lee Taylor alone. She leave Taylor.
Speaker 2: But you know, if they get blown out like that, she's gonna feel something why she wanted because they show her every chance they get.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying is people saying, oh, she's the Jinx, but he won a super Bowl when you do her last year.
Speaker 1: So I'm not saying she's the Jinks. I thought she was going to be the thing that turned everything around. I thought she was going to give that inches speech at halftime and get everyone fired up. She was maybe going to sing, I don't know, bring acoustic guitar. Get someone fired up to come back out at twenty four to nothing.
Speaker 3: Now I have a take for you, Ashley that it may sound crazy at first, but just let it settle in.
Speaker 6: Got it.
Speaker 3: I think that Taylor Swift dumps Travis Kelsey before the summer is over.
Speaker 2: I think them losing like this is bad for her brain.
Speaker 1: What's the prospects over over and on that?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 5: Now, didn't she just tell you she don't speak on athletes personalized?
Speaker 2: But what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But Taylor don't count bad? There's alien bad.
Speaker 5: For his brand?
Speaker 2: Meaning what no bad for her? Bring?
Speaker 5: Oh in what way?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Why is Travis? She can't be associated with losers?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Her fans are like thirteen year old?
Speaker 1: First of all, were they even existence in catalog is about dating a loser?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But nah, that's why she got to get a new loser though.
Speaker 5: So the great somebody is currently winning and then who was who failed to three peats?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Is a loser?
Speaker 2: No not, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Arguably the greatest title end of all time.
Speaker 3: I as a loser, loser. I will never call it Travis Kelcey loser. I'm just saying I think that it's easy to kind of be with somebody when it's you know, the parade and the confetti and this, that and the third and it looks good. But you're getting blown out by thirty something in the Super Bowl and only happen.
Speaker 6: That is not a factor to her fans.
Speaker 1: So if they now you don't even know Taylor's body. That's where she's strung, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So actley. So now if they break up? Am I a genius?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: Am my genius?
Speaker 5: He lost?
Speaker 2: Now, y'all can't do that. See now you're gonna tell me what you think is not a.
Speaker 6: Mean I'm telling you, like for a billionaire superstar that she is with a fan base of ninety eight percent women, if I had to put a number on it, probably under the age of thirty. You think they give a damn if Travis Kelsey won or lost in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But they don't know that.
Speaker 6: There's been a touchdown on a field goal. They don't care.
Speaker 3: But my thing is this, to entail a guy with Travis is the height of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: You know he's killing and the team's great. Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Now they get blown out. Okay, he plays terribly. You know, he's not itself in the house right now. He's upset that they got beat like this. I could see where now she has to go away for a couple of weeks and do shows or you know, getting the student and recorded album. He's dragging his ass around the house still depressed all off season that they got I can see.
Speaker 5: A lot of things Travis, like the broke made father on the I'm.
Speaker 2: Just I'm just dynamic Dynamic has says, now, it's hard to be with a loser.
Speaker 5: He's the greatest tight end of all time.
Speaker 2: He's he didn't look like it last night. He didn't look like it last night.
Speaker 5: Players mess up, So you got a bad haircut. The hair cut was not great.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because you look like a b You know, sometimes you look at your your your your partner when they're walking around and you like you just hit that moment.
Speaker 6: With right now, she's not looking at Travis, saying like it's still Travis Kelsey, like you think.
Speaker 1: She was just such a fan of the game that she went after Travis because he was winning at the time.
Speaker 5: You know, you didn't know anything about football when.
Speaker 2: She don't think Travis Listener, she knew she knew that they were winning, She knew that he was a champion. Oh my god, you could look at that. She's leaving that dude. Man, look at him, he looks.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you want to be next up?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 5: What is that what you're waiting for?
Speaker 6: Hell? No, okay, because it sounds like you're plotting on this, so you can like, so.
Speaker 1: What about the last twenty super Bowl winners? Like, why wasn't Taylor just sitting there waiting? No, I'm just saying that. Seeho, her boyfriend would be No. Yeah, but that's we're talking. Why didn't she fuck Julian Edelman?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But no, what Travis Kelce is? You know he's you know, he was hot. He was hot last three four years he's been you know, he's hot. You know she got with him, he got he's the greatest. Yes, he didn't look like it last night. So I'll throw I'll throw you a bone.
Speaker 6: I understand you saying it's hard to go home with the loser because I said that I live earlier, Like damn, Like when you lose that big like I know, it's like that's why women are trashed to be there for your man. Think that they're going to break up because of that. But I do know it's hard to go home. I'm gonna tell y'all right now time he's not a loser.
Speaker 5: But he lost the game.
Speaker 6: So yeah, between losing a game and being a loser, Travis Kelcey is not a loser. He lost, that's not the same thing. You're right, he has super down the block is a loser, super louse.
Speaker 5: I hate.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is it's just I'm just telling you. I just remember I said it. It sounds crazy right now because we just one day removed from the game. If we hit July and we hear that Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey have broken up, I want everybody in this room to be like, damn all called, I don't care if you get caught she and don't tell me that's the reason she left.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear none of that.
Speaker 5: Ship she'll be She'll be walking in.
Speaker 6: So with Pete Davidson by question that if come July, let's just say play Devil's Advocate and they're engaged, do we get to come back to you?
Speaker 2: That's how I am you can get I take it. If I'm wrong. I'm wrong, but that's not true.
Speaker 3: How what wasn't whatever I said, I wasn't wrong if I was wrong about something.
Speaker 1: Told, I mean, we're gonna get to that time of the song.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they do that? Oh ask Did you see ill clip with Chris Brown and Quavo? Did you see that?
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 2: You never saw that?
Speaker 5: I might, I might have seen it, but refreshed my memory.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So we had like a crazy bunch in here one day, and they said that crazy.
Speaker 5: But it's the same bunch, the same people.
Speaker 2: But y'all was crazy that day.
Speaker 6: So they said that they felt like Quavo, you know, Quavoy said.
Speaker 2: They said, Quavo is hotter than Chris Brown.
Speaker 5: You mean like physically or like musically.
Speaker 2: But I didn't ask that question, but that might have been a good question.
Speaker 5: That's what I was Actually.
Speaker 3: We were talking about because they ended up at a Fashion Fashion Week event together and they were sitting next to each other, and obviously at that time they had had a little back and forth, little words exchanged here on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was.
Speaker 3: Saying that if Chris Brown requested that they moved Quavo because he didn't want to sit next to him. They would have absolutely moved Chris Brown, and a crazy bunch in the room said they would not move Quavo because Quavo is hotter at the.
Speaker 2: Moment than Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's really.
Speaker 2: We have the clip if you'd like to share it with you your Instagram.
Speaker 6: I think hotter maybe in the fashion world because Quavo does more fashion shows.
Speaker 1: Finally, finally someone meeting us with fucking logic of what we were trying to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yell are wrong at that it was not yell are wrong. Yeah, y'all you think.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: Brown doesn't really do as many fashion shows, Paris, Fashion Week, New York, like Cuevo does is very heavily into that world. Okay, So when you say Hotter is not a bigger artist than Chris Brown, nobody would ever argue that in the fashion world.
Speaker 2: Ye no, no, no, no, would ever argue that. They said they said the Migos is hotter.
Speaker 5: That's not what we said.
Speaker 2: If the clips you to clip what they said the Migos is hotter, They said the Migos is a household name is they are? No, it's not a bunch of niggas that don't know what a migos are. We just to you know what household means, todd long do you deterg it as a household name?
Speaker 5: You don't think the migos of our household?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: No, hell no, fuck no, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You're sure about that?
Speaker 2: Positive about that?
Speaker 5: Do you think everyone at a rude fashion show knows who the migos are?
Speaker 6: No? That's crazy, No, that's Crazy's a lot of people in as that don't know who A lot of people, what I say, in fashion, that fashion show, even at that fashion show. So you're telling me they don't know who the migos or Quavo is.
Speaker 3: I'm showing a lot of people that go to fashion shows have no idea. People at that, Yes, at Rude, at fail God or whatever fashion show.
Speaker 1: You are out of your mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let me ask you this. In any room that they walk in, it's Quavo biggest star than Chris Brown?
Speaker 2: In what room? Are we talking? Any room? Be specific with the room, bro, any room on the planet.
Speaker 6: Name it.
Speaker 5: Nah, you gotta give me a.
Speaker 2: Room, name it.
Speaker 1: What's the room Quavo's house on Thanksgiving? Chris Brown is the biggest star in Cravos house on Thanksgiving. Well, that's because he's never been there before.
Speaker 2: If you're Quavo, if you're Quavo, right and you're hosting a Thanksgiving, then you got your whole family did right, That's what I said. Hold on, no, listen, niece's, nephew's, aunts, cousin and all that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: If you if you go in that living room and say you're Chris Brown about to pull up, when Chris Brown walks in your house, he's the biggest star in your house than you are Quavo.
Speaker 6: Okay, but if you're talking musically, Chris Brown's a bigger star, yes. If talking cultural impact, Chris Brown's a bigger star, yes. But if we're talking fashion, Quavo is heavily into the fashion world. He goes to the met Gala, he goes to Paris Fashion Week, he goes to New York like practice.
Speaker 5: Chris Brown does not do those things.
Speaker 6: So like, if you're asking me who Anna Wintour knows, it's probably Quavo over Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Don't don't do that. Don't do it.
Speaker 6: Don't tell me fashion. Tell me that you think Anna win Tour knows who that year, then yeah, maybe Chris would be what I'm saying if you're asking me, like if you if Quevo goes to the door fashion show in Paris, do they know who he is?
Speaker 5: Yes, the answer is yes, Quavos just in that world more.
Speaker 6: That doesn't make big I'm sure what I'm saying is you don't really see Chris Brown doing fashion shows like that? Is that his thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean that's not his thing. But they know who he is. Yes, of course they know agree with that. Who was trying to say like they didn't know who he was? They know?
Speaker 6: No, But your argument was who was the bigger star at that fashion show? And in the fashion world. Quavo probably is a bigger star because he's more integrated into that world. That doesn't mean he's a bigger star than Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Another person I'm supporting. I will buy whatever the Steven A. Smith version of a magahet is. I'm with what I fuck with stephen A. I think you make a great person. You don't have to have any resonated to be a president anymore. I just like the way he talks.
Speaker 5: That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Now, fuck is politics. I'm going to running for a president. He is two percent of the vote two percent of what vote Democratic vote right now. But he's not a Democrat. He is He's he's not a Democrat Democrat. He's running as a Democrat. Guys, I'm not his running mate. I'm just telling you what's in the press release.
Speaker 6: I just want people who have a history of working in politics to run for political positions. This is no not to Stephen A. Smith. I think he's a pioneer in the sports game. He carved out his own lane. I'm meeting the free world.
Speaker 5: I'm a past. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He did one episode of Patrick beck Davis, one Fox News episode and he's like, yeah, president for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did one Tucker Carlson in Yeah, No, I'm ready Now, I'm super cool. And this is this is no knock.
Speaker 6: I saw him on was It?
Speaker 2: Bill Maher.
Speaker 6: I think he's intelligent enough in certain situations. I think that he's well versed and kind of understanding certain political issues and things like that. I think he's well spoken. This is no knock to him. I just don't want him running for president. I think that we're kind of I think we're I think we're straight with one TV star maybe too, because Reagan was an actor, right, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: He was governor before.
Speaker 6: Okay, so yeah, let's take him out of the We're good, we don't.
Speaker 1: Arnold went right right to the top of California.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but California is not the real world.
Speaker 2: It's not. No, it's not the estate.
Speaker 5: No, California is like anything.
Speaker 1: I think, it goes his own country, be the fourth richest country in the world.
Speaker 5: Anything goes in California.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 5: They don't care.
Speaker 6: So Ronald Swarzeneg' becoming governor wasn't that far fetched, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think it's as crazy as people say now because when Trump's ran however, many years ago, I thought that's insane and hilarious. And then look what happened when no one actually took that seriously. He became fucking president. I mean, I don't think the Steven a shit is the troll that like Kanye did when he had a bulletproof vests screaming that he was trying to abort North.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's that. I just think that people are not that smart. Yes, I mean, Eric Adams is the mayor of New York. You think that's a good choice.
Speaker 2: He did? He voted Unfortunately you voted for Eric Adams.
Speaker 6: I mean the other guy brought his cat to the pole, so it wasn't really many options, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I was going for my man uh Asian dude.
Speaker 6: Who didn't know what a bodego was. You were voted for him.
Speaker 1: I am on the side now, listen. I am on the side as New York is when it comes to the mayor. We need to stop with this. You have to be born in fucking bread and your dad had to work for the MTA. Now maybe we need some non New York has to come here and clean some ship up. I mean, because it was either Eric Adams or Curtis Sleewell. Who am I voting for in that? In that pop Yes, in that situation. But we all be wearing fucking berets right now. Like I like the berets though they're kind of I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, but.
Speaker 5: That you don't want to redo that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, did you?
Speaker 5: I regret? I live in Miami, so I have my own set of problems.
Speaker 2: Oh God, Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those Republicans Florida.
Speaker 5: I live in Miami.
Speaker 6: It's not the same thing.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, Miami is not Miami's which is is the.
Speaker 1: Wild inception because Florida is not America, it's its own thing. And then Miami is not Florida either Florida.
Speaker 6: When you live in Florida, you don't live in Miami. You say I live in Miami. When you live in Florida, you say I live in Florida.
Speaker 2: A difference.
Speaker 6: It's a huge difference. Like Miami technically, South Florida should technically be its own state.
Speaker 1: I want to let you know how much money South Florida check out you got up every election.
Speaker 6: Get out of Florida makes so much money that if you cut off South Florida from the Florida, the rest of Florida couldn't survive, just couldn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, if I bring in all the money to the state of Florida, if I have to take accountability for Eric Adams, you have to take accountability for having Kodak out on the street over the weekend, Oh, eating chicken As a Floridian, I feel like you have a responsibility.
Speaker 5: On a Floridian. First of all, I'm a New Yorker who.
Speaker 1: Lives in Florida, which, by the way, is most New york shit in the world.
Speaker 6: Right, it's a sixth borough. Yeah, so we have like a town. I've been in Florida since college, so ten years. Okay, Yeah, you're from Florida. No, I'm from New York ten years. My birth certificate says Brooklyn, New York, Brookdale Hospital. I spent one through eighteen years in New York. I come back to New York very regularly. I'm in New Yorker.
Speaker 2: So you spent eighteen years here. At ten I'm in New Yorker, so you got eight more years to You're from Florida.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not from Florida. I' from New York. And if I was going to be from Florida, I was going to be from Miami.
Speaker 1: Now Florida Miami.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, that's not Florida. Yeah, that's the whole I've been to Florida and I've got in Miami.
Speaker 5: It's not the same thing. Miami's New York with better weather.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville's Florida exactly.
Speaker 5: Now you're on to take Jackson Jamesville, Florida, Florida. Hey, Miami is not Florida.
Speaker 2: That's the whole different world.
Speaker 1: Before you get out of here, are we allowed to talk about the time you left a Hall of Famer in his own puke outside in the street.
Speaker 5: Okay, he wasn't puking.
Speaker 6: First of all, he was incoherent, and I sent him home like a responsible adult so that he could sleep it off.
Speaker 5: That's what I would do for any of my friends.
Speaker 3: I actually feel like I'm home in a cab uber yeah, by himself. Yes, that's not very that was the driver could have did anything to him. I could have taken advantage of him.
Speaker 1: He's six or nine.
Speaker 2: He was drunk, incoherent.
Speaker 5: I mean he was coherent enough that like he knew where he was being dropped off sort of. Okay, well, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Will say that is when I did find out that it was actually a person.
Speaker 5: Makes you feel better.
Speaker 1: We all mobbed out yes to the club together all it was like nine of us in that fucking car. We get there, everyone goes in the club. This guy who came with us, mind you, is super drunk across the street. Everyone's like, yeah, fuck that, he'll be fine. Ash was the only one like we should kind of like make sure he doesn't.
Speaker 6: Die, yeah, which I was like, I cannot let him in this club like this, Like it would be irresponsible of me. I can't do it. I'm gonna send him home. That's a good friend, Rory staying out there with me to make sure like I'm good while trying to make sure he's good.
Speaker 1: And it was in front of Little Sister, which is a big club in New York, and he's pretty recognizable.
Speaker 2: Like that was the whole shit too, like that drunk though I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I do as a as an adult man, I do not understand how you've never been drunk incoherent?
Speaker 1: No, never been in Well, you're better than the rest of us.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I've never I've never been in coherent, like didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 6: Now, not like didn't know what was happening, but to the point where you didn't need to go.
Speaker 5: To another spot. You should have gone home like that type of drunk.
Speaker 6: You've never been that type of drunk where it's like, Yo, you don't really need to come to this spot with us, You need.
Speaker 5: To go home.
Speaker 2: I'm not drunk. I know I'm that drunk, and I'm going home, Like nobody's going to need to be like yo, we got.
Speaker 1: To get him, have the self awareness.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is, you've been that drunk to the point where I'm going to need to go to the after spot.
Speaker 5: You gotta go.
Speaker 3: I leave, like y'all wouldn't even all left the spot like once I feel it, like, oh, I'm smacked.
Speaker 2: I found my way to the exit and leave. Nobody would even my phone. You know where you at. I'm in the bed and I'm in the bathroom in my car.
Speaker 5: I love a good Irish goye.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, I'm out of here. But to be outside stumbling and everybody got.
Speaker 5: A hold nobody anything like that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't It was more he said he was in his own vomits.
Speaker 5: Like that's a lie that I'm guessing that he was lying. It was close to that. I could see, you know, when people start getting that weird bird ship.
Speaker 2: I saw that coming when they're trying to breathe.
Speaker 5: What weird like when you like burping internally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just trying to hold that bomb, trying to hold the vomit.
Speaker 5: I mean, great, his stomach is right here to me, so I could hear.
Speaker 2: If his stomach is right there is never get into that.
Speaker 1: That's a little that's crazy and min even went there. I was talking about his gut health, probiotics, that's what. Yeah. Like maybe like a year later, I had ran into him at an event and someone introduced.
Speaker 6: Did he recognize you?
Speaker 2: Of course not. He was incoherent.
Speaker 1: No. It clicked in the middle of it. Because I wasn't going to like bring up that night at all. I just played it off like we had never met before. I was like, hey man, good to meet you. And he sat there and like looked at me, and within like five seconds he was like Webster Hall. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Really he gave me a huk so that he wasn't in there you go, mystery saved my life. No, technically I saved his life. Was just there for the ride, you know.
Speaker 1: I was just protecting the sidewalk, that's all.
Speaker 6: No, Rory was protecting me while I was protecting him. See then he wasn't in coherent.
Speaker 5: He remembered Jill. I was shocked.
Speaker 1: That's why I just played it off like he's not gonna remember that shit at all, and it just I could see it in his eyes. He was like, where do I know him from?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It was that night. Look at that.
Speaker 3: Look at that all, right, asked before we let you get out of here.
Speaker 2: I need your predictions for this year's NBA World Champions. Who you got.
Speaker 6: I'm going, okay see to come out of the West. You want like my Western Conference Finals matchup, I'm gonna go, okay see. I did have the Mavericks, but they got rid of Luca, so I'm gonna gona go wild pick here. I'm gonna go okay see, I'm gonna go Lakers. I'm gonna switch it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, seeing Lakers in the Western Conference Conference.
Speaker 5: Get ready for your president saying take again, no, no, no, no, hear me out. Hear me out, hear me out, hear me out.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, We're not gonna listen.
Speaker 6: Then Lebron are gonna play together a lot better than people give.
Speaker 5: Them credit for it.
Speaker 6: Right now, they're what fifth in the West. I think Luca, being the primarily ball handler, Lebron's gonna be able to play off the ball.
Speaker 2: Lebron has never played off the ball.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: He plays off the ball when Ad was running the offense, he will that's Spurts. He only plays on the ball because now because Ady went down, he likes to play off.
Speaker 2: But he's forty years old.
Speaker 3: You want to play on the ball at forty years old, I wouldn't be playing at fortis old.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you know different. But I'm a Lakers fan, and I don't think it's gonna win.
Speaker 6: Lebron can absolutely play off the ball. We've seen it through his career.
Speaker 2: Luca and Mavericks beat them in the finals that year.
Speaker 6: Okay, but yes, but Luca is also being the primary ball hiding. They're gonna run a lot more picking roles. I just think it's gonna help Bron. It's gonna help that team whatever. The only thing I'm worried about is they did have to rescind that deal with the center, so they're a little bit small. But I don't put anything past Lebron and the Lakers, depending on what the matchup is.
Speaker 5: But I think, okay, he's coming.
Speaker 6: Out the West Eastern Conference, it's gonna be Celtics.
Speaker 1: No, I speak from your heart, it's our year, Nicks.
Speaker 2: I said, I had the Knicks. We have made our predictions. Top of yes, I got the Knicks winning it all this year.
Speaker 5: So okay, we're here.
Speaker 6: Because when I did my preseason predictions for CBS, I had Okac versus the Knicks, Knicks winning the whole thing, But I'm a little worried if we get the Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals, because they keep watching us like that.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is the first year Nick to lose. Is is true?
Speaker 1: Like I really do think outside of my box. I really do think the Nix.
Speaker 5: You think the Celtics in a seven game series?
Speaker 2: When is Mitchell Robinson?
Speaker 6: I mean these two games though they don't worry you that we played against the Celtic regular season.
Speaker 2: I never think stop.
Speaker 6: Can they worded me a little bit?
Speaker 2: Is Mitchell Robinson back yet? No?
Speaker 6: But he's he's ramping up.
Speaker 2: I think that if the Nick stay healthy, they got a legit shot.
Speaker 1: If Mitch stayed healthy, if your man didn't do that bullshit, which I think he should have been kicked out the league for who uh with Joel and by what he did.
Speaker 6: And miss.
Speaker 5: Well on you got enough issues.
Speaker 1: Though if that was anyone else, they would have been thrown out of the league permanently forever.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Like that was the most dangerous shit ever, and I think the Knicks would have went much further had we had Mitch like that. Was the piece that was going for sure. No for sure, so having Mitch healthy, I really do think we eat the Celtics.
Speaker 2: In seven, Lakers in the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't put it. I wouldn't listen.
Speaker 2: I like, okay, see though, I think see.
Speaker 6: The only thing I'm worried about is I don't think Houston is gonna make Western Conference Finals. I think like they're gonna self combust. I still don't think they're there yet. The Timberwolves I thought were gonna be a lot better. I don't really buy what they're doing in Minnesota. The Nuggets could still make a push. I'll also put the Nuggets in that conversation. It could be okay, see Denver, Okay, see Lakers.
Speaker 5: I think I'm not buying the Suns. I think.
Speaker 6: I'm not buying the MAVs. I'm not buying the Clippers.
Speaker 5: No one thinks Golden Steak can make a run.
Speaker 2: I was about to.
Speaker 1: Say that Jimmy Butler, Yeah, I don't think that's as bad as people are saying it is.
Speaker 6: That's just my only concern with Jimmy, Draymond, and Steph is if they.
Speaker 5: Run out of gas in an argument.
Speaker 3: Is getting the stigma as being like a a franchise killer, like he always the team he's left has been like worse.
Speaker 6: Listen, Jimmy gave Miami a lot of great years, multiple conference finals, multiple finals. Here's the thing, Jimmy will just thowt ten pertention when he wants to leave.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 6: I promise you in Golden State, you're gonna see the same Jimmy you saw when he first got to Miami. You think him and Dramond he's playing a game of chest. Raymond could get into it.
Speaker 3: With Kevin Durant, who's probably one of the most non confronational, non problematic superstar.
Speaker 6: He he talks a lot of crap. Don't let him because he has game. He's He's like Draymond's also a competitor, so it's it's a competitive You.
Speaker 1: Don't see Jimmy and Draymond getting into.
Speaker 5: It for sure, But they're not gonna punch each other in the face.
Speaker 2: No, Jimmy's just gonna demand a tree. He's gonna shut out. That's how. That's how Jimmy fight jim Jimmy.
Speaker 6: I'll say this, Jimmy is a troll. Jimmy also knows how to play the game his advantage. But when Jimmy was in Miami for these past what five years, outside of this little window of his tenure there, you never heard Jimmy's a bad teammate. Jimmy's this, Jimmy's that. Jimmy just knows what Jimmy needs to do to get the hell out of a situation. And that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 2: He does seem like he's healthy, happy, he's happy.
Speaker 5: He just wanted out of Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he.
Speaker 3: I think he's realized that he's with obviously, you know, one of the greatest players ever in Steph, one of the greatest franchises ever. I think that he feels like everybody that wants to win. I don't think he felt like that in Miami. I think he felt like, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know, if it's not everybody wanted to win. I just don't think everybody was going to be able to win.
Speaker 2: This is Miami.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like in Miami, this version of this Miami team is nowhere near what previous versions were. And I think when you combine that with the fact that pat Riley wasn't going to pay him, When you combine that with all the other things that apparently were going on behind the scenes. It just hit a dead end and he was kind of like, all right, if you're not gonna pay me, then why am I here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I'm out.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you got the Lakers going to the Western Conference, and.
Speaker 1: I think stephen A becomes the Democratic candidate before the Lakers make it.
Speaker 6: Well, he does, will be in Canada, Mexico City, Europe, somewhere.
Speaker 2: I'm not all of that is the US now.
Speaker 5: I'm not dealing with none of that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean, if you go to Champagne, how does ESPN fill the seventeen hours that he does.
Speaker 2: Ash gonna have to start?
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, full shows.
Speaker 6: Well, I will give that up, that right up to just make sure that he stays where he's at. Yeah, I'm willing to do that sacrifice my own happiness for sure.
Speaker 1: Any All Star weekend predictions.
Speaker 3: Predictions, I mean, I don't know what is the format? Is it back to the whole format? Are they doing that draft shit again?
Speaker 2: Did the draft shot?
Speaker 6: Kenny?
Speaker 5: Is it over for all staring again? I guess that's really my All Stars.
Speaker 2: We just got to be honest. NBA All Star Weekend is fucking terrible. It's just not This gun contest is terrible. The most exciting thing is the three point contest year and they're even trying to you know, they threw in what's the Sabrina? Was it Sabrina last year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's not doing it this year though, Thank God, me.
Speaker 2: Think God, because it's like, we know what that is.
Speaker 3: That's trying to like revamp the whole All Star week And I get it, w n B A with the NBA or I get that nice.
Speaker 5: Though it's like Dame's in it.
Speaker 6: If Cam Johnson from the Brooklyn that's he's in it, Tyler Herroes in it. They got some new faces, have some of the you know, consistent faces.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 5: The All Star Game needs revamp thing.
Speaker 2: All Star Weekend. Yeah, I think I think we need new events. Stark, what do you want to see them do?
Speaker 6: Play dodgeball?
Speaker 2: I like them, ash No, I would like to see it like I would like I would like to see a one on one. They're not going that.
Speaker 6: Why not because when if someone gets cooked? Yeah ego, okay, yeah yeah, but you have talked ship all year. I'm not listening. I've been pushing for a one on one competition at All Star for like four years, but the egos just won't because if you get cooked one on one, there's no living that down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so what, But everyone's comfortable with talking that ship without having to do the one.
Speaker 2: I will say, though, you got somebody setting the screen as an.
Speaker 6: NBA fan, that is kind of frustrating because you see these guys really go at it like in these summer runs that they do. Yeah, but like you can't do it for the NBA fans. I will give you that, like it's a little everything kind of like irritates me a little bit. But I also understand, like you got James Harden and Kyrie going out and Kyrie cooks, James Harden breaks his ankles.
Speaker 2: I need to see it. You tell me. James Harden and Kyrie Irvin is playing one on one tonight at noin thirty. You know how many people is tuning in there.
Speaker 6: It'll be primetime TV. But if you want to lose an end of that, so what, Okay, somebody gotta lose.
Speaker 5: But it's like your ankles broken absolutely make you feel.
Speaker 2: I mean almost shot the park up. But there you go.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm just saying, like, if you if you have that, if you say one on one and it's players that I don't know how they gauge it. But let's say, you know, they follow who's been talking trash on social media towards each other when they matched them, when the team's matched up, if they got into a little you know, situation.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you gauge who plays.
Speaker 3: One on one, but I think if the NBA implements that into All Star Weekend, I think the ratings double easily by one event.
Speaker 6: You want to see Joel and Bi and gianniskill at it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I wouldn't mind because the one on one used to be a thing, but that was actually an event before in the NBA, Like Doctor J and Kareemadujabal played one on one one year, so they the.
Speaker 2: NBA did that. I think they need to bring that back. I think that helps, you know, change should.
Speaker 6: Write an email to Adam Silver, or you write the email, you give it to Victoria and she'll send it out Adam Silver and.
Speaker 1: Then we'll lower the quarters.
Speaker 2: What is that about? What kind of cut the quarters in?
Speaker 6: It's in tie to like FOBA the European League, they play last minutes.
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with the NBA game.
Speaker 5: Your guess is as good as mine, Beloved, I don't know.
Speaker 2: More time for commercials, So now you're laughing with that's probably what.
Speaker 5: It is, probably right though, Rory, that's the side part.
Speaker 3: All right, ask you well, We thank you for coming through, kicking with us, spending some time. It was a pleasure to finally meet you. Love everything that you're doing. I appreciate everything that you're doing. And we will have to revisit this conversation once some of these predictions come true.
Speaker 2: It don't come true.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we can come on your show once some of these things coming to fruition when we get around playoff time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure. It's network TV, so you gotta you can't say certain words on that work.
Speaker 3: Now, we wouldn't say that we know acting where ouse out of our home, we know how that act.
Speaker 1: We're getting all on a suit and everything.
Speaker 2: Yea, I wear suit. I can wear suit to show absolutely. Okay, cool dude, I.
Speaker 6: Mean I don't wear a suit, but you couldn't wear a suit.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not wearing a suit. If you're not wearing a suit.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, because I'm not wearing a suit.
Speaker 2: Cash yeah, gosh, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Actually, Nicole Mass, thank you so much for stopping by kicking with us. We appreciate you and we'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: No, WILLI