Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports. Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting here with my friend Will Compton. Now you're wondering that's not very special. You guys are always in the bus together. But today is a very very special day, all right, because top three wide receivers should have been Rookie of the Year. Aj Brown stepped in the bus and had an absolute stellar time. He was electrostacked to be you can tell by his energy. That's a joke because he actually started off a little slow for us, all right, he was a little quiet. We had to rub him in a little bit. It kind of sounds wrong when you say rub him in a little bit too, but we got him going a little bit. And let me tell you, it's a great lot of in depth stuff. If you're a Titans fan, if you're a football fan in general, you're going to really enjoy this, uh, this whole entire podcast because talk about football, talk about high school football, talk about college football, talk about NFL football. But I think the a lot of good locker room talk too. I hear what you want it seemed like he wanted to fight for a second. He did want to fight for a second, and I don't think he wants to do that because I gave him that two piece and a quick fiscuit due to that little left elbow, and it'd be game over all right, then we wouldn't have a wide receiver anymore. All right, then if you go find a new wide receiver. Yeah, just sit down, relax, enjoy while you're listening. Maybe after the podcast is over, go hit that little deal, Go subscribe and rate five stars and leave the comment. Okay, Because we're looking me and while are always looking, we're always paying attention to what you guys are doing out there. We want to add to the wolfbag. We want to add to you, and you're gonna learn a little bit you might have learned the last couple of podcasts about the tears. You got tier one, two and three. Find out who you are and believe in it. But you always want to get to the next notch. Dude, you want to go three to two if you want to do two to one, but if you're gonna be a one tier, you got to stick up there with us. Dude, ride or dies ride or dies.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 3: All right, you're our fucking street rats. You're our street rats, and we're the rat Kings right now, all right, we fucking love you. We love everything about you, dude. Bust in with the boys. That's Twitter, that's Instagram. Uh and then buz.
Speaker 4: YouTube, YouTube, Facebook, We've got them all.
Speaker 3: I don't even do Facebook. No disrespect to Facebook, but I don't even have it. Yeah, we're not of age. We're not of age. It's a little bit over. I'll tell you what. The best one that we should just make one just because it's MySpace. You shut up my Space. We should message it was the mess social media. Ever, it's kind of gone downhill. Yeah, if you get a chance, going Google tail one and Will Compton's MySpace is not our joint one because we don't have but like our own individual separate one. I wonder if they still have. I'm stay due through the Internet's got everything. It's got absolutely everything out there. It's a great podcast. Sit back, enjoy. Please rate five stars so we can keep this bus afloat. Dude, it's stationary, all right. Maybe someday you guys subscribe and keep rating and keep keep describing. Unsubscribing and describing again. Maybe this thing will get moving. All right, that's way to the road. Big hugs, tiny kisses. Enjoy this podcast presented by Barstool Sports. Like like the quality of the quality. I don't know, right, we're out here taking notes that the vvs that.
Speaker 4: I heard vv and I'm thinking like clarity on like like getting a diamond ring or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, there we go, Clearity, there we go. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hey, true, it's funny because trimp are rolling.
Speaker 3: Fuck, that's that's how you fucking do it, Zach.
Speaker 4: That's good ship.
Speaker 3: We're fucking rolling. Welcome to Busting with the Boys. I'm your host, Dad Taylor Lawan, three time pro bosts how big. And then my co host Will Compton is also here. Uh uh journeyman, journeyman, he's been doing a great job. Yeah, I'll tell you what, handsome Miselleough bought some news back. I appreciate you look great and our and our guest today is a J one K Always open is his Instagram absolute stud. He did get one K. He lived up to his Instagram handle this year. A little scary, a little touch and go there for a second. All right, I think it started off little. Actually you start off strong.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait, hang on, as somebody not in the know of the Titans world, so you did you have did you put that before your season started?
Speaker 3: Or have you always had?
Speaker 5: One? K Yeah?
Speaker 6: My nickname one k Oh not to catch it because I was like number one and I was like in the.
Speaker 5: More with everything, So all right, I mean I like it every sport out in the morning.
Speaker 3: Number one. That's why you're eleven now because you can't you can't be number one? Like what numbers can receivers be us be like ten.
Speaker 5: Through ten and up? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tends to solid number three? Two? Why don't want to hip you one?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think colleges are aren't they doing that? Now? College you can do whatever the fuck you want. Yeah, yeah, you have them defensive? Are you number one in college?
Speaker 5: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 4: But yeah, one thousand yards? You gotta right?
Speaker 3: Did you get at the last snubbed rookie.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's debatable. It's not debate, it's debatable. It's debatable. As somebody on the Raiders and watching Josh like there was a debate there, but Josh got.
Speaker 3: Hurt at the end of the year. Can you do it there? Can you pull up Josh Jacobs says his name, Josh Jacobs, Josh Jacobs, pull up his stats.
Speaker 4: Now here's the reason. If I had a ballot in front of me, and this isn't just isn't because you're on the bus.
Speaker 3: If you will give you an opportunity to space.
Speaker 4: But I would have voted for AJ because a j he's sitting here right now.
Speaker 3: No no no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, I'm not saying this because you're sitting on the bus. I'm saying there's an argument for Josh. But if I'm very unbiased about it, I would have voted for AJ because he finished the entire year and got it like he started to get hotter as the year went on, Josh, you got injured. Had Josh not got injured, I think Josh was gonna take the Rookie of the year the era. The was it Murray Kyler Murray Kyler Murray That threw me way off. I was like, he wanted to use the first overall pick came with a big name when it wasn't one of them two. I was like, it's bullshit.
Speaker 3: So two hundred and forty two rushes for eleven hundred yards for a rookie. That's solid, dude. But there's something to be said about only playing thirteen games. Only playing thirteen games, how many go back to AJ See, getting a thousand yards receiving is way harder than getting a.
Speaker 4: Thousand yards running, would you say, yeah, for sure, there's probably less guys to get a thousand and the receiving right, and you can talk, you can interrupt us, you bet he copyr Is it harder to get a thousand yards receiving than is a thousand yards?
Speaker 5: Of course he gets the ball like almost all the time.
Speaker 6: I'm getting the ball like maybe three times a game, you know, so I got to make it happen, that's true. And he getting the ball all the time. So as you're like, there he all the yards he got, he get the ball there you.
Speaker 3: Play yeah, yeah, yeah, if there. If Derek starts like he finished, he don't have like twenty five hundred yards like because he he didn't start very fast, right, he had well, he had like three hundred four hundre yards after the first five games, six games. I mean, you got struggled in the first half of the Year. Yeah, well I didn't. I didn't help us at all by being suspended for four games that it was not getting a bunch of and a bunch of penalty. Oh let's tell you what.
Speaker 4: During Hey, Alex, is he sound all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You pull that Micha a little closer.
Speaker 3: During during the season, I will say that like a j as as a rookie, was one of the more asshole rookies I've ever met. But I mean that as am because I didn't know the right words to say. AJ will call anybody out. Whenever I remember we were going, it was like we were in camp and AJ I was I put some music on and AJ is walking out. You have to walk past the old line to go to practice, and AJ looked over and we had some like we had some like some not like some you know girl music playing everybody and I miss you something like that playing, I said, And a rookie hasn't played a game yet, and he goes, hey, that's why our offense the linement suck and walk out the door and it was kind of like, oh, he said, he outfed the fuck out of us. But then he comes out has a stellar performance. A number one number one receiver so far crushed it absolutly crushing and kind of game respect for a guy like that. AJ also called me out on every single penalty I ever had, every single one I ever had. The first person I had to hear from was Agent.
Speaker 4: I want to I would like to hear him refute a couple of these things that you're saying about him in the biggest asshole Rooki he's ever met.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about that? Do you feel like you're in an asshole?
Speaker 5: I'm not an asshole though, but I'm on it.
Speaker 3: No, you're not an asshole.
Speaker 6: But guys out there, you know, uh, I didn't really want to at first though, you Yeah, because I was a rookie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I really had to play my role and just shut up and jaba.
Speaker 6: But but as I got to like no Taylor Moore and stuff like that, I feel like I could.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what really happened.
Speaker 3: Were you like that in the Old Miss right? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I call guys out all the time because I was like the beat daughter right right.
Speaker 5: Everybody looked at me.
Speaker 3: It was you and DK there, right. What was with all the stuff at Old Miss when you were like you were there when all that ship went down right with? Uh yeah he read well and fucking it was like three years ago. What was the deal? How much money did you get to go there? We got one of those chains right there, didn't you you're from Missisi? Where you're from? Yeah, if you're from Mississippi? So I mean, do you feel like the new.
Speaker 4: Rule where guys can now make money in college that makes way more sense?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, bro, because if that's the case, you got to pay everybody.
Speaker 6: Because everybody, some people are gonna get more than other people, you know what I'm saying, So it won't be fair like I would have got paid in college at big time, you know what I'm saying, But.
Speaker 3: More than you already dead?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah no, But but uh.
Speaker 6: You know a lot of guys still want you know, they start playing football for the wrong reason. They don't really give a funk about what's important by winning. So so that just leave it to the pros, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now, when Old Miss was recruiting, you ole missed it. Old Miss wasn't trying. They did it the right way. But with any other teams trying to persuade you with a monetary value. You don't have to say any names.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna say no name time.
Speaker 4: But is that does that happen?
Speaker 3: Is that out there?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, true? Definitely true. Night before signing the day I gotta knock on the door bag full of money in the front.
Speaker 3: Back for them to have a note.
Speaker 5: No. They kind of like try to leave, and was like, nah, we're good, bro, really up. I swear it's state.
Speaker 3: I'm just making a punch, like small ass school.
Speaker 4: Where'd you grow up?
Speaker 3: Mississippi?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so he was in the backyard. Yeah, he's in the backyard. Everybody's trying to get him Mississippi State, old Miss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once you're in Mississippi State.
Speaker 5: It was kind of too close.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: The coach didn't really recruit me. So yeah, you just expected I was gonna come.
Speaker 3: But you and d K D you had some studs that you old.
Speaker 4: Miss growing up.
Speaker 5: I was LSU growing up.
Speaker 3: Then they did they offer you, Oh well, why didn't you go to l s U.
Speaker 5: Theyn't really pursue that just kind offered me.
Speaker 4: So you kind of just saw that, like, all right, I'm show y'all going to Old miss Alabama.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was about to go to Alabama. I feel Crimson TI lost it.
Speaker 3: Hey that Crimson tied.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I heard.
Speaker 2: I heard.
Speaker 3: There's a rule in the SEC that if a player is from and this is like kind of a fucked up thing, but like if a player is from a state, like if you're from Misissippi, a school can't offer a player more money than the states, right right, right, yes, yes, So will everybody in that SEC be cheating?
Speaker 4: We'll use uh out there, Alabama. We'll just use the state of Alabama as an example. So it's like if I was from Alabama and you were a five star re currier, Yeah, and Alabama wanted to offer me like fifty thousand dollars. Nobody outside of the state could offer anything more than fifty like a gentleman shake that.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't pursue somebody else.
Speaker 4: Now, whether that happens or not, I have no fucking you've heard that heard that before.
Speaker 3: I've heard that, Well I heard it. You never heard that?
Speaker 5: Heard it?
Speaker 3: Do you heard that? We're wrong?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. Your brothers at your back. He cares, he cares for sure. So yeah, they both played. He played with the DK. You guys are the same year?
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, he played Chack Kelly two.
Speaker 5: Yeah he's slap, isn't he?
Speaker 3: He's cool. I heard some ups and down things slap and.
Speaker 4: You know he's cool.
Speaker 3: Bro okay, all right? Opinion change staying your lane, so you guys stay in your lane. You'll go too far. When we were another he is because I he seemed a little iffy to me. I met a so I met him at a ten roof one time in Demumbria and he came up to me and was like, I'm Chad Kelly literally said, I'm Chad Kelly. I know who. I don't know what that was.
Speaker 5: I that's he's like that cool though?
Speaker 3: Cool? Where is he play for anybody?
Speaker 5: Now? He was with the Colts.
Speaker 3: He's with the Colts. Man, if you like him, I like him? All right? About that?
Speaker 5: Fuck?
Speaker 3: Would you?
Speaker 4: Would you with your opinion?
Speaker 3: Just like that? What'd you think about coming under the bus?
Speaker 5: Oh? I was height. I'm just mad as y'all took too long? You know so well?
Speaker 3: Were really we were at COVID.
Speaker 4: I hate hearing stuff like that because we like we try and brainstorm like what to do and how to because we can only do so many at a time. And uh, some people like give a ship because we don't have him on soon enough. I know, And I'm like, we almost feel bad. Well there, you almost feel about asking because it's like, you know what I mean, you don't feel like you're leveraging.
Speaker 3: Anybody, no, no doubt. You don't want to make somebody try to go on that don't want to go on. I'll tell you what, though, I do appreciate that you follow the boys, follow bus and subscriber. Oh my god, he doesn't. He's about to though. That's he's a tier three. That's a hard he's a tier three.
Speaker 4: He sees what's happening, look like, Oh that's d k K wants I worked out with He's.
Speaker 3: On the list DK.
Speaker 5: I worked out got a good DK bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, K's a beauty. Worked out with him. First time I worked out with him, he threw up. Really yeah, but I think he ate something bad because he's in shape. He worked hard. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: He's in shape?
Speaker 4: Everybody know he like.
Speaker 3: But there's dudes you see, dudes that are rocked up that you know, dudes in college, like dudes that look like Tarzan, play like James k is definitely not that cat. But there are dudes that do that that are kind of like, you know what I'm saying, y, yeah, yeah, were you?
Speaker 4: You were you the other one in the flex photo?
Speaker 5: I was you? Were you?
Speaker 3: Upset about how DK got all the love for that? And then that's what I want to know.
Speaker 6: He said, I want to address it was my idea to take the picture.
Speaker 5: No, it was not that what the guy. You know, I love DK, but when it took when the picture took off, I was like, damn, like like what about me? Like I'm real.
Speaker 3: Pull that picture up, Pull it up, pull it up. Because he was the top left.
Speaker 5: Its loading there.
Speaker 3: Is like yeah, you're jack dude, but like DK is fucking shredded. Well, I mean, our boys out here. I can't sit here and tell you.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt if I was you in this photo and hearing everybody else that, I would feel a little like.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I mean like I ain't too bad myself.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at the peck pause pause, no pause, So look at the look at the peck.
Speaker 3: Definition.
Speaker 4: He's got that middle slit. DK does not have that. He's got some of the ripples. But you do too.
Speaker 5: He can't just sitting on his sto.
Speaker 3: It looks like fucking somebody's home designing and put a shelf in the you know those power lifters. But it's just like chanting all the way through. That's not dude. I'll tell you what. You grew up like that. If I even looked at that half as much of my life, I'd be stoked have as much as you got. It's upsetting. We always like Jack like that. You had to work for it. He's lying when we When were you not Jack like that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I was big, but I have a picture of a I was like going into college.
Speaker 3: You know you weren't kind of liket some baby fed on. You know I'm leaking right now, bro, I'm always sweating, so kind of lean. When you didn't play just football, you play baseball, so you were a stud, right. Oh yeah, go go that picture of the orange on a little chubby in that picture, don't.
Speaker 4: You kind of if you can see apps through a little shirt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the orange doesn't look very It doesn't look like uh looks like my boy's look a little thick right there. But you can tell once you're zooming in a little bit you got some apps.
Speaker 4: When DK had all the chirps on him about the route running ship and then they posted the fucking comeback video.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about? Did you always kind of.
Speaker 4: Know like he am to play.
Speaker 3: By swag in high school? Bro? What kind of shorts are those? Dude? It's like floral.
Speaker 5: Short. So I had to borrow somebody.
Speaker 3: No way, that's awesome. I see you the one leg sleeve of the maps. Dude, that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: What you say.
Speaker 4: Talking about with his running, did you know him getting chirpped like it was like you knew he was going to be better than what people were, like they were kind of counting them out, like he's not gonna run route run a straight line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, DK special man. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like he could be the next Calvin Johnson. And I ain't even just hype in my friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He's got the size.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure, Calvin Johnson. Stop.
Speaker 6: He just need to take it to the next level, start high pointing balls a lot more and should be over with DK.
Speaker 5: I feel like he top five in the league soon.
Speaker 4: Time to interrupt the episode read an add or two. I hope you guys are thoroughly enjoying this episode.
Speaker 3: Huge A J.
Speaker 2: Brown got huge.
Speaker 4: Arthur Jan Brown Guy Uh subtle reminder, go subscribe.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the disrespect rate five stars. Leave a review. Have a little fun friendly reminder.
Speaker 4: This podcast is brought to you by Boykis. Shout out Boys of Boikies, no free shoutouts, of course. Boikise makes the most delicious air dried beef called Biltong. Think of a healthier version of jerky with thirty percent more protein.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Boykes Builtong is often compared to a tender and flavorful slice of high end preshudo with ingredients that you could you can pronounce like red wine, vinegar, toasted coriander, rosemary, salt.
Speaker 2: And pepper.
Speaker 4: Boykes built On is a snack you can count on to fill you up and not bring you down. You go into the gas station, you see shit on the shelves, beef jerky. Trust me, I love it. I'm right there with you, dude. But if you look on the facts, yes, got a healthy portion of protein. But something you're not seeing is how much sodium they have in.
Speaker 2: Those motherfuckers, dude.
Speaker 4: Biltong. Boykise is made in the US. With the USDA bottom round beef and they have half the sodium and zero sugar. The most portable, high protein power snack of all time. Think of a two ounce package as seasoned as a five ounce steak. The only preservatives they use are vinegar and salt, and compared to most jerky, again half the sodium and no sugar. You can buy Boykies Builtong on their website www dot b o i k e ys dot com and Amazon. Use code busting twenty busting to zero at checkout for twenty percent off your first order. Follow the Boys on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter at Eat Boykis shout Out the Boys no free shout outs. Back to the episode. I hope you guys are enjoying it again. Reminder reminder going in now that now that football is back and we're going into the year, we're getting into training camp, a lot of stuff's gonna be you know, moving around. We're still gonna drop episodes every week. But friendly reminder, unless you hear it from me, friendly reminder that every episode is backlogged and we'll be running that we've done in the summer and the spring during quarantine, all that type of stuff. Everything you hear from here on will not be in season, So that way nobody gets it twisted that the boys are doing podcasts in season. Obviously, I'm unemployed right now, so I'm speaking more for Taylor. People who come after the boy and try to chep him about doing podcasting and all that during the season.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 4: None of us are. So that's a friendly reminder. Glad I got that off my chest. Continue enjoying Arthur Juan Brown's episode.
Speaker 3: Three Years from Now? Who's the best wide receiver in the late me?
Speaker 2: No question?
Speaker 3: Say that more? Say that more in the microphan And it's not even clubs question.
Speaker 2: That's what would you think?
Speaker 3: It's between you and DK and three years or it's you.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's a tough ques. I speak for myself. Yeah, I want to be the It's all right you yah me.
Speaker 6: I feel like one day, bro, so I'm gonna be the best in the league.
Speaker 3: I see, I see you posting stuff all the time, A boy Julio Jones though, Yeah, that's your guy. Yeah, he's the best player in the league right now. He's the best player, the best receiver, receiver receiver.
Speaker 4: See somebody who've always kind of watched the he was kind of more your inspiration when you younger, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just growing up, man, and I studied so much of him, man, and he does everything the right way, you know.
Speaker 5: He he know guy, Yeah, who needs attention.
Speaker 6: Everybody's saying who's the best receiver, Like they say Michael Thomas or they'll say like other guys, but they always compared to Julio, while he's always getting compared to.
Speaker 5: You know, it's him.
Speaker 3: He is a fucking he went through like a year though.
Speaker 2: It's like a.
Speaker 3: Touchdown right yeah, yeah, but that's life of being a receiver.
Speaker 5: The numbers he had, yeah, the yards he was giving.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: I mean some of those places he made in that Super Bowl against the Patriots when they blew it, when they you know, blew some.
Speaker 3: Of those plays he was making. It's just the dude is a fucking alien.
Speaker 5: He really is.
Speaker 4: Who do you think is top five right now in the league receivers excluding yourself?
Speaker 3: Suite yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm not top five right now, So I respect that.
Speaker 3: Uh number one, Julio one, Julio.
Speaker 5: Uh who.
Speaker 3: So Julio's two and he's three and he's no no, no, okay, so Odell Beckham junior. Is he is he a top five our receiver? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He was at one point definitely was he was, but he had like a sports training in this past year, like he had some injuries that slows you down a little bit. But I think crush Michael Thomas.
Speaker 5: Thomas, Michael Thomas.
Speaker 3: So, Michael Thomas. There's a lot of talk about like he just runs slants and stuff like that. He runs easy ball routes and he got Drew Brees. Do you think that plays and do it at all?
Speaker 6: I think he gets like exactly, he gets like fifteen targets a game. Yeah, that's crazy, that's crazy. What if you have fifteen targets a game?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But okay, back to the back to them.
Speaker 3: So DeAndre Hopkins, he's got to be top five. I'm gonna going with I'm all right, all right, Julio, I'm gonna go Marie Cooper, I'm mari Cooper. I'm going really yes, But why Mark Cooper at two?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like people give him a lot of.
Speaker 6: Bad Nobody is checking a MARII Cooper when he want to be chack like trust.
Speaker 3: Mean, what's he do that's so good, is right?
Speaker 5: Running it's stupid, stupid.
Speaker 3: Why do you think he gets some disrespects sometimes.
Speaker 6: Because I feel like he kind of sometimes shy away from a big game or some so, uh, they kind of tall down on them.
Speaker 5: But I can't nobody to check they do. Cool.
Speaker 3: So if Mari Cooper wanted to be the best, he could be the best. Right now, it's about making mental Julio, Julio, you know, yeah, right, these are all these are all people who could Yeah, like he's he's getting older. Man, what year is in? I mean he's signed a three year, sixty three million dollars deal, sixty one million guarantee.
Speaker 4: I think he's in like year going into like year nine or two.
Speaker 5: I think you're nine.
Speaker 3: What's a good amount of years for our receiver? Twelve is like a solid like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess it depends on your body and stuff and if you lose start losing a step and everything else.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He could probably answer that better than me.
Speaker 6: My top three, Julio. Cool, And I'm gonna go with Cavin really.
Speaker 3: Really yes, Now, why is Calvin Ridley who's on the same team as Julio Jones a top three wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Because he run rout just like a MARII Cooper, Like nobody's checking none of them guys, nobody.
Speaker 4: So you're big on the route running.
Speaker 3: You're big on the route running. I know's how.
Speaker 5: You get open man?
Speaker 6: Uh, them three justus, they just stand out to mew went to Alabama?
Speaker 4: You know they did.
Speaker 3: That's crazy even think about that.
Speaker 5: Bro, I got all three. I like all three.
Speaker 3: So why if you like all those dudes, and I know, like, like, really was at Alabama when you were there? Was Cooper at Alibi when you were there? No? He was, He just left? So why did you go to Alabama? These you had two dudes that you were watching in high school.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Bro, I really don't know.
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm actually I actually just want to know this. Was there a part of you that's a little nervous, like to go to Alabama and you have like everybody's a top five because at Ole Miss, he knows he's probably gonna play sooner. Even to old Miss, you're playing right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Why there's nothing wrong with looking at something and being like choosing the route I want to play to be there quicker. Yeah, like looking at it a roster in depth chart like Alabama's like, fuck, I might not I might not see the field year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like imagine that that ego, your ego getting fucking popped like that, Like you're a junior and you're like, all right, guys, go get him. Fuck good luck because.
Speaker 4: There's guys who raise in your hand.
Speaker 3: Now you're like, fuck it, because.
Speaker 4: There's guys who only play their senior year but they get drafted in the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I feel that you probably look at Bam and it's like, as much as you love him, you still got to do what's gonna be my better route to get.
Speaker 3: Alabama's like USC when we were in high school, Like, dude, backups are getting drafted and Matt Castle is getting drafted right and he was back up. Yeah, that's crazy. I had more of a career of the liner.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How wild is that? Ship?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: So that's top three? Who you got four and five for us? There's no four and five.
Speaker 5: I'm doing an A on the lead, so.
Speaker 3: Who So do you think there's a big drop off after that? Yeah, that's fair. Do you think Antonio Brown is coming back.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can go back, go back down to DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 6: I like how I like how so that dude his so he catches everything, that catches everything that's not.
Speaker 5: It's a different type of receiver.
Speaker 3: I make sure your receiver.
Speaker 6: I put him and Michael Thomas like in the same category, because those type of guys who you throw about their way, they're gonna catch everything. They're not just gonna go out there and just wrop somebody up, right, you know them them first three guys, they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna get it done. I feel like Julio can just do all of it.
Speaker 3: Right you, So for your top three guys can get double coverage and they're still gonna get open because they're running back then hopping them like you're still throw it over the ear. They're gonna catch it no matter what. What? What are like the number one things if you're if you're talking to high school kid right now, high kids, listen to this podcast, what were the three things you are a few things you would work on to like be the best wide receiver? Like what do you need to work on? How do you work on it?
Speaker 5: What do you do well my game? I try to work on everything. You know? Uh, were you.
Speaker 3: Always like that growing up too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like if you go back and talk to your high school suff like, hey, start doing this knowing what you know.
Speaker 5: Now, oh, you'd be crazy brouh.
Speaker 6: Like I try to learn as much, Like I'm always trying to be a student of the game all the time, you know.
Speaker 5: I think that's why I had the success I had, like my first year, you know, But I don't know, honestly.
Speaker 6: I tell somebody to high school, man, go train out there in Florida, because nowadays everybody, everybody even everybody got it now everybody got the snap down and they're sticking and all that type of stuff. So go train out there in Florida, go to train with go go feed or somebody like that, and you'll be on your way.
Speaker 3: So do you think if you're a high school fotball player, like you've an opportunity to go to a place like IMG and Bredington, Florida, and you wouldn't go do that? So but why if your one goal is to go to the league to get scholarships, why wouldn't you go to a school like IMG, like an academy that puts dudes out, Because.
Speaker 5: Ain't about it.
Speaker 6: You know, I always felt like, uh, what if you bob man, they gonna find you.
Speaker 5: You know, so even in college, if you bo you go to a small school and you bow, they gonna find you. It don't matter.
Speaker 3: So my sophomore year of high school, like we went fifteen or oh, win the state championship. Yeah, we had a wide receiver who was six four two twenty. He had like Arizona state receiving record and yards that year and touchdowns. Our quarterback was six four at two point thirty like would throw darts, could throw a quarter mile. I mean a running back Eric Garyace, he would get here like fifteen hundred yards or something like that. Like we were stupid. Not one of those guys got a shot scholarship. But I was in a super small town, one one school in the whole school district, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So like they supposed to like go travel, like put themself out there like kill. That's the thing that like, because I did one camp and my shit took off.
Speaker 3: Right, But if you if you don't have the means to go to a camp, if you don't you know what I'm saying, Like, if you don't know how to do that, Like there's so many kids out there that are playing like eight man football in Texas right now. They don't know what the fuck going on. They go on their farm or whatever and they go play. You know, but you know what I'm saying, like, dudes go and play, Like how do you get those kids to get exposure if they unless they have opportunity to go to an academy or something like that, where you can't get an exposure. I mean I had to go my coach, Chad green exposure. So that's what I was just gonna say. Chad to Greener was the head coach of the school I was at, Cactus Shadows. My dad went to him, was like, hey, like, why aren't these kids getting recruited? Like what's the deal? And Chad literally told my dados these that's not my job to get these kids into college. My job to win high school fotball games.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: So my dad literally, like three weeks later, took me out of that school and put me down at a bigger school in Scottsdale, which, like everyone's been to Scottside. Everyone knows what scotts was about. Like it's a crazy place, but it's there was a kid there named Craig grow who had twenty scholarships, was the sixty end of the country. And my Dad's like, you used to play off its lineman here, like you'll get there, they'll come and see you that way, So you got no one's coming up to Kids Creek to see you. Yeah. I had to go to a different school, gotcha. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: I didn't want to go.
Speaker 3: You know, you got all your friends in high school, like some of your friends in high school, your best friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know what I'm saying? It's the best.
Speaker 3: But then he made me go. But I would be working construction or some shit like that if I didn't. How'd you get your exposure? He went to one camp?
Speaker 5: I went to one camp in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: That I mean for me, Like, no one came to bond Ter, Missouri to like, Yeah, how the hell did you get exposure? I went to a Nike camp in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: No ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how I got drive eight hours? That's not about got the linebacker MVP.
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 4: Started getting texts on the way back on the drive home. How good did that feel?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Dude, it felt awesome because I would be like that was like world or I don't know if feels the same with you, because I don't know how all the recruiting works now. But I would be obsessive, like getting online, dialing up the old Internet and looking at Rivals dot com and Scout dot com and kind of watching everyone's videos, having self awareness to be like, am I better than this guy? Or am I better than that guy? And there was just a there's a certain set of guys back. You know, I could be in the top two fifty, right, you know what I mean. I would just watch and then I would search how to get to camps, and I would see that you had to get invites through schools, and honestly, it's kind I was kind of a little conceited.
Speaker 3: It's stuffin an I guess, but I would I would email.
Speaker 4: I would email the camp coordinators and kind of sand like the way I would send my tapes. I would kind of send measurables and talk about trying to get an invite to a camp. Got an invite, Swear to God, I promise that I bet I can find some old emails and I don't even want to look at it because I don't even want to really know what I said, but how great you are probably maybe not how great I am. But it was kind of throwing in like I can run this or I could do that, like no one trying trying to earn like that invite it. I would even type in the subject line future four star. Yeah, and I was a four star coming out of high school. I swear to God and I.
Speaker 3: Went my mom and I we went to this indiant this camp in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Is that Purdue is that Purdue stadium, their facility with the worst stadium. We did a camp. I got MVP of the camp and for linebackers. And that's when recruiting kind of started having for me. You got g offering for due uh No. My first offer was Illinois. It was like Illinois, Michigan was there. They just started tall Michigans off. They started texting me. They never came through with the Scotts Michi. I want to Notre Damn the most, kind of like the way you were with Bama, Like I want to Notre Dame. They didn't offer me till very late, and I was kind of just bitter by that point because I had already kind of committed to Nebraska and I was like, listen, I went to your ads camp literally every year in high school, and you guys didn't offer me until like your guy didn't commit on the Army game, right.
Speaker 3: Then you offered me type of thing. But yeah, bro, that's kind of how I got exposed. Jesus Christ, that's some crazy shit.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: We would say like VHS tapes, writing on them profile like we my mom would make him and we'd mail them out to every college.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: I transferred. I transferred schools and got two scholarships offer running a forty, and then I took my first two games to playing office line. I put it out there. That's like, that's how I got all my stuff just off two games. That's awesome. It was like in my senior year too. It's crazy because.
Speaker 4: I thought I was a little bit like, so you were you were actually offered later, see, I'm going to these camps like before senior year.
Speaker 3: But I was like, I was like when I was trying to expend to age, I was like I didn't know what the fuck to do. I didn't know how to get exposure. I was like, I'll just play football. Then they like, you know, some crystal ball by two the one will be good and then set it out like that. It's not how it works. So I transferred and like I'm going into my senior year and like it was spring ball. Do you all spring ball in the South?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So the other day they do meetings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do meetings and ship huh. That's why the best football. But when I was, we were doing springball and it's some dude from Utah stay cam out to me and he's like, hey, man, love to have you, blah blah blah. Like he was so nonchalant, and then like my coaches like, hey, they offered you a scholarship. I was like, I'm going with the fucking NFL. I told you, yeah, I told him like that.
Speaker 4: Then when you start getting the letters in the mail and you see a logo, You're like, let's fucking go, dude.
Speaker 3: I would take all the letters I would get from schools, like literally like the last five months or whatever, because I only offers my senior year, and I would pin up every single letter I got, and by the end of my senior year, like I had a whole whole way from the top to bottom, just letters everywhere, love to have you. All these coaches just blowing.
Speaker 4: You're trying to get your friends come over to play video games.
Speaker 5: And you still got all of them.
Speaker 3: No way, you gotta get like four or five of them things and the rest of them just kind of like throw them away or something like that. You probably got a whole thing because you're all American, right, Yeah, you had a game, yea. So it was your high school really good.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, you can say that.
Speaker 4: And you were obviously the the man at the school.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, I see you.
Speaker 4: So through your camp and playing at school, like everybody kind of knew about A J.
Speaker 5: Brown.
Speaker 3: You said it was on this says you were ranked five wide receiver in the country. I started the other five wide receivers that were ranked the same year as a J.
Speaker 4: He probably knows them. I bet he knows them.
Speaker 3: You know who they were?
Speaker 5: Nick you? Yeah, he knows one who nick you? Harry. He got drafted over me, over you.
Speaker 3: He got drafted over you were a second round pick. Bro, that's crazy. Times got a little bit of a steel there. Huh. I would be hot too, I'll tell you what though. And John's gonna be pissing me for saying this. But like being a sick round pick is almost better than being a first round pick. Yeah, because you get the contract faster. You get that money faster, the real money. If it was old CBA, it was old CBI, be pissed, But you don't want to be a first round pick in this new CBA twenty fifteen to twenty sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 2: By the time you.
Speaker 3: Get that next deal, you're gonna have to know what VV means. There's gonna be a lot of them. I know a lot of V.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have to walk in the store and kind of explain, like, now what this one?
Speaker 3: Hey? I head up AJ when he came back. He was doing his little smart thing driving back from wherever he was getting his grill from, and I hitd him up. I was like, where'd you get that? And he sent me the information. Now I'm talking to the dude trying to get a grill.
Speaker 4: I know you're you're telling me that you wanted the lettuce, you wanted the grill, you wanted the tax, but I wanted this swag down the line. You want the visor, you want kind of this skill position face mask. Yeah, you want to be like a running back playing left tackle. There's no office Lineman has more swack than me.
Speaker 5: Huh nah, I don't know why I'm talking.
Speaker 3: And you know it though.
Speaker 4: He came on their toes Man mental warfare. So it's all about you think Taylor is the swaggiest alignment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you be swelled out.
Speaker 3: I have a quarterback tell for no fucking reason.
Speaker 4: Oh every game, every game cut with the boys in the locker room before the games.
Speaker 5: That I'm looking at that, I'm looking at that. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, here we go, here's the top.
Speaker 2: What do we got?
Speaker 5: I think this is fifteen.
Speaker 4: Sixteen Nate Craig, Nate Craig.
Speaker 3: We's he at now?
Speaker 5: I think it was the Colorado he transferred to Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yep, didn't work out. Sorry, Tyler Vaughn's that's out. I'll commit to USC though. I want to go to USC so bad. Who is that?
Speaker 5: I think he just got drafted Devin Devin Briverno, Texas. Uh, I don't know what that is rankings.
Speaker 4: This is Sports Illustrated. See I think that's uh. I think you're off then, because there's scout dot Com. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: It's like it's right.
Speaker 4: Is there still rivals or was it rivals when you were coming to DK.
Speaker 3: There's DK. He's the same years you right, yeah, you weren't even to ten. Damn, this place disrespected the fun who was drafted ahead of you this past year.
Speaker 5: Uh Harry, uh Marki's Brown and Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 3: Tevas a stud right. You don't like them at all?
Speaker 5: Huh oh, I don't got no problem with them.
Speaker 3: See when I got drafted.
Speaker 2: I have a note.
Speaker 3: I really have a napkin from the day I got drafted, and I wrote down every single player's name that got drafted ahead of me. Two off its line. I drafted ahead of me.
Speaker 5: Even now, behaf how many players got drafted ed?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Ten? Oh, dog, I'll talk about his first round stories. I was fucking this year. That Chip right there, dude, it's getting stale. It's been on there for so long. I got chip being drafted what thirteenth overall? Eleventh, eleventh? I think uh? I think Odell was thirty now he's twelve. He was right after me.
Speaker 4: You always got to appreciate no matter where anybody's drafted, they have their own us story in the head, bro. Because I listened to both of you guys on my guys, I was fucking undrafted. But yeah, I'm saying, you're listening to you talking about ten people ahead of you. He's probably thinking, yo, try be in the second round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're thinking draft.
Speaker 4: You know these mockers, they were probably there thinking they're going to get a call. He was probably thinking he's gonna get that call on day one, pissed off, going to bed. Did you really what you cried after not getting drafted?
Speaker 5: Devastating?
Speaker 2: Bro Well?
Speaker 3: DK was a third round pick, right or a second second second round pick, but he was at the draft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was at the draft.
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 3: Were you invited to go there? Were you about that?
Speaker 5: Man? You know what you would have went to?
Speaker 3: How bad do you think? Instagram two picked? And you like you watching this.
Speaker 5: Up after that? I just knew I was going to the Patriot because I was a big Patriots fan.
Speaker 3: You knew you were going to Patriots.
Speaker 5: I just knew it. Everything went fine with them, and I got a phone call and I'm like, is it But it wasn't it. It was my agement and so he was like just sit.
Speaker 3: Tight and I'm like, okay, were the Patriots about to pick?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, And.
Speaker 6: He was like they Finna take a receiver, and I'm like, okay, cool bet you know do you think it was Yeah? I just saw the time just kept going down on the Patriot's clock, and I was like, they tripping, Like what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: So, uh, they ain't no picks, said the Picks. Then I know I ain't got a phone call right now, So I'm like, this shit over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I told my brother, I told thee I said, bro, let's go, and I left everybody at the house and went home.
Speaker 5: I went in the closet and cried my eyes.
Speaker 4: Bro, he cried, how many people are are your house? Oh?
Speaker 5: I had like a little get together. So I loved everybody. Everybody was looking for me out.
Speaker 2: And he was like, he gone, like, just leave me alone. So what did you did?
Speaker 3: You drove you home?
Speaker 5: I called it uber, I called it.
Speaker 4: We called it uber.
Speaker 3: I swear people, if you will try to talk to you, touch me.
Speaker 4: Man. The Patriots the last pick of the first round, and he just felt like, just based on you, you.
Speaker 3: Looked out so much. Not being thirty second pick. Bro, who knows, no he loocked out. Maybe pat would have won that first round.
Speaker 4: In the playoffs, they had they had a j Brown because the thought was that they didn't have any receivers, no firepower. That's throw to question could have been a yeah, but listen to this. TV twelve's gone now, oh for sure, and he's in a great situation. I'm just trying to play, try to play the other side.
Speaker 3: Titans are Tens are Titans are in a similar position that the Jacksonville Jaguars were in twenty sixteen, like or seventeen, because they two sixteen they made it to the AFC Championship. Yeah, when Jacksonville was like a big thing and all that days, Campbell was like a free agent acquisition that going into that year and like then, like jack and they'll start going the other way. They started arguing, like I've heard a lot of things about that franchise. No, no, disrespected. Jacksonville ys are a great friends, I guess. But let's go to the podcast honest, because theres probably some jackson Jel Jaguires fans out there. Shout out Brandon Lender, they fan Josh Allen's Kentucky you get a good pass rusher.
Speaker 4: As we start to settle in to this new normal version of summer transitioning, transitioning into the fall, this new normal of ours. I want to take a second and shout out Bespoke Post because they are all about helping us settle in a little bit better with some customized boxes of awesomeness collections for guys, girls, guaranteed to upgrade your life. Let me talk, let me, let me uh, let me paint a little picture for you. They basically put together these custom boxes that have different variety of things from style and grooming goods to barwear, cooking tools and outdoor gear. Different different collections that will tailor towards your needs that I will talk about here in a second.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm getting to that age where I like to take care of my skin a little more.
Speaker 2: My hair is skin. I'm starting to lose a little hair up top.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to get a little my skin drives out a little faster, or at least I'm noticing it now more so. Anytime I get some grooming goods, I'm stoked anything outdoor phenomenal, starting to lose, starting to learn a little bit more more about cooking tools because shut out the girl. She's all about having, you know, nonstick pans and shit.
Speaker 2: Like that in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: So beatpoke post sends only sends guys the best stuff every month. No matter what you're into, Box of Awesome has you covered from style and everything I just mentioned. Box of Awesome has carefully built collections for every part of your life. To get started, you will go on Box off awesome dot com. It's crazy talked about Box of Awesomeness, but basically basically go to boxof awesome dot com. Your answers will help them pick the right Box of Awesome for you. They release new boxes every month across a ton of different categ It's free to sign up, and you can skip a month or cancel at any time, so I mean it's pretty much risk free. Each box costs only forty five bucks but has over seventy seventy dollars worth of gear inside. You get twenty percent off your first monthly box when you sign up at boxofawesome dot com and enter the code bussing at checkout. That's Box off Awesome dot com code busting for twenty percent off your first box. Now, guys, I'm not gonna force you to go there, but take a gander. Go to the website, take a look around. Sorry for the disrespectful text noise. Again, go on their site, look around, take a little gander at everything. I think you're gonna like what you see and get surprised by a little Christmas present once a month, and you're gonna get twenty percent off using the code bussing at boxofwesome dot com. Shout out the boys again, always forever, Shout out Arthur Jan Brown.
Speaker 3: But are nos all right? We're in that position now, like you kind of feel that like you you weren't there for that, but like I feel like we're in a crossroads as a franchise because you weren't there when we were two and fourteen, three and thirteen. But sh it was dark like you like that building was.
Speaker 4: Well that's a good I think that's a good thing. That plays into his hand better because he doesn't really know. He only knows.
Speaker 3: He only knows the standard this year, so he knows what to carry into the next year.
Speaker 5: So think about well, I was down when we was two and four. I was like, what the funk?
Speaker 3: Well you were like, yeah, welcome to the NFL.
Speaker 4: Like that's how it should happen. I tell you what the sure Rabel gave you guys the horse race story and everything. Put the blinders on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yo, that's the league's bill for eight and eight guys. Hey, it was in the middle of the path. Well, I just got a Rabel. I know you're listening. Shout out like Rabel.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: When I was at Michigan, we lost, like we lost.
Speaker 2: We never we were.
Speaker 3: One year we went eleven three and made it to the Sugar Bowl won the Sugar Bowl. That was a cool year. Other than that, we didn't do shit. We were very irrelevant. But like, one thing losing teaches you is how to act when you lose. It teaches you how your work ethics. Because if you don't give a shit about football and you're losing, what are you gonna do? You're gonna hang that shit up, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, So, like it was kind of cool to see that at age, Like he's like, yeah, we lost in college, But like it teaches you something. It teaches you like you just gotta work regardless. I end up getting a thousand yards. I also remember you come up to me week seventeen. It was like the first quarter or scond quarter, and you're like, bro, I got it I got a thousand. He's real. He wanted that thousand so bad, dude.
Speaker 5: I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I wasn't starting like so I was just playing like a couple of snaps here and there, you know, So I got off to a slow start. So and once I started starting, it was over.
Speaker 3: We any think he started off to a slow start, just like picking up the playbook or what was the deal?
Speaker 6: No, they just didn't want to just they just bring me along slow, Like Kep was saying, like, we're just gonna keep going, throw you a little some more players here and there.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, don't be about now. I'm like, so it's okay.
Speaker 3: What were you What was your thought process like when like Denver happened, like when Marcus got bench and all that.
Speaker 5: Oh bro, I feel like it was my fault.
Speaker 6: Really, Oh yeah, you did make a statement feeling like it was your fault because I'm out here running out so I got to get open. We're probably the pass petation. So we don't get open fast enough, he's gonna get sacked. So he and he holding the ball or whatever. So I took it as in me, I need to do a better job. A lot of guys probably won't do that. But you know, I'm not like other guys. I try to hold myself accountable.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. So, but yeah, I was devastated. You know, Mark is my dog, you know, he's a boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, but that's probably why I got a penalty.
Speaker 6: Like the next play on the drive that he got bench and came in, I threw a dude to the fucking ground, threw Chris Hair to the ground, like.
Speaker 3: You broke him off. There was a penalty, the penalty you got and r Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, because what they say you didn't say you pushed off?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's did you push off? Oh yeah? Betweenty five yards grabbing me? I can't grab him.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's real.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 4: What are some of your what are some of your I'm trying to figure out a good a good rookie story.
Speaker 3: I don't have.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can.
Speaker 4: I don't remember, Like I remember, AG was upset about how'd you do it? How'd you do in your rookie skit?
Speaker 5: Oh? I mean I just kind of like bsd around. It's nobody, nobody bellying me.
Speaker 4: Oh, you didn't do a rookie skit.
Speaker 6: No, I did that, but like, you know how like rookie hayzen and stuff like that, Nobody's going to do that to me. I told all them boys, like, we can fight right now. The year before when when we were there, we.
Speaker 3: Had the worst kind of rookie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the worst kind of rookie that does not like a joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, the ones fight like like we all got to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like doing when the year before when I was there, remember we cut all the rookies hair in the shower. Yeah, I mean they had fun with that.
Speaker 3: What do you mean we We probably gave him a haircut like you got.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I mean they were good sports about it. I want to say we didn't. We didn't bully them to make their hair cut. The rookie skits were going so bad that we're like, hey, something's got to happen. That's why that's why I did the Rabel skit.
Speaker 3: Would you think of the bit we did in the Zoom thing? Do you think that was funny at all?
Speaker 5: That you thought it was funny?
Speaker 3: I thought Taylor and I were nervous about very, very nervous. I'll tell you what, because Rabel hit us up literally seven days a week, was like, yeah, you and Frank get together, like we know Frank, but we know we're boy Frank Kelly for people. Yeah, and we had to do a skip with Frank and ended up going really well. Frank's a pro at the comedian.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Yes, he did a good job. He was killing everybody, bro because he would tell us like, no, we're not going to do that, because that's kind of stupid. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know the drills, we got fan questions. Yeah, let's pull some fan questions up, dude.
Speaker 4: One thing I've hated the most about all the quarantine and social distancing and just everything twenty twenty. I mean, they've fucking they've stone could stunned us all year long, this damn COVID virus. But one thing that sucks is you haven't been able to get the family around as much. And fortunately we got to see each other on the fourth of July. But you kind of hate how like, you know, some weekends slip by and you just can't go. You can't make certain stuff work because you don't want to put anybody at risk, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, so on and so forth, and.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a I've been getting in more of a gift giving mood.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's because.
Speaker 4: I'm getting older, I'm getting a little more nostalgia. I'm thinking about cherishing moments and memories a little more and thinking back on all the times you have with all your old friends and family and shit like that, to where at least once a week I go down.
Speaker 2: A rabbit hole like, God, damn, I gotta live this.
Speaker 4: I gotta live this life to the fullest because I don't know how long I'm gonna have everybody. And that's not talking like somebody's gonna die soon. It's just the boy getting a little like in tune and trying to be in the moment and missing the fam. And one thing I stumbled upon was Paint Yourlife dot Com. Yes this is an advertisement, but I stumbled upon them before they sponsored the boys, and I want to talk about them for a second, because what I did is I'm thinking about my family. I'm thinking about my parents, and I want to send them something. I want to send them a gift. So I stumbled upon paint Yourlife dot Com, which puts together hand hand.
Speaker 2: Painting portraits for you.
Speaker 4: So I'm sending in a photo, so I'm gonna get one back where it's the family altogether, because I just feel like parents appreciate, Like when they're empty nesters, you wonder what your kids are doing all the time. You're hoping they think about you, And I want them to know that the boys, they're three awesome boys are thinking about them. And so I got this portrait made. It's fucking awesome. So the gist of paintingrlife dot com is you get a professional handpainting portrait created from any photo at a truly affordable price. Boys all about budgeting, sou and deals. You choose from a team of world class artists and work with them until every detail is perfect. It's a user friendly platform, super easy custom made hand painting portraits. You can get them curated in less than five minutes and then you get that handmade portrait within about three weeks. Send any picture yourself, your children, your family, a special place, moment, memory, a cherished pet, anything or combined photos in the one painting.
Speaker 2: It makes for a perfect.
Speaker 4: Birthday, gift, anniversary, wedding. I'm using it as like a post quarantine or like Hey, I'm fucking thinking about you. Guys, love and miss you. Very meaningful personal and can be cherished forever. You guys know gifts like that there you just people eat that shit up. I eat that shit up a pat There's also zero risk involved. If you don't love the final painting, your money is refunded, one percent guaranteed. Right now, there's a limited time offer to get twenty percent off your painting and free shipping. Again, there's no risk. It's go down memory lane, create something within five minutes. Once you get that portrait within three weeks. If you don't like it, they will give your money back and refund you and it's guaranteed, so zero risk involved. And then also the special offer you text the word boys to sixty four thousand, so you don't have to go online, you have to open your laptop or anything.
Speaker 2: Just pull out your phone.
Speaker 4: Text bys to sixty four thousand to get twenty percent off and free shipping. That is again, text boys to sixty four thousand. Paint your life, celebrate the moments that matter the most, and cherish the shit out of all of it. Boys, finish the episode. I helpe you love it again.
Speaker 2: So a little reminder, subscribe to the boys, shout us out and share. Thank you you guys.
Speaker 5: Kind of touched on this one earlier with AJ calling everybody out whenever they need to be. Yeah, do you remember what you were saying here a j oh?
Speaker 3: What did AJ say to Taylor during this Chiefs game penalty? A bunch of people asked about this.
Speaker 5: You must have got on them. Yeah. I told him. I was like, dude, what the fuck are you doing? Like, just shut up like and he would not shut up, like Taylor the type of player we were in the hudele he over there talking talking ship to the to the dude and I'm like, bro, come back like the play about over talking to the like, bro, just come back week as fuck.
Speaker 3: Your week is fuck.
Speaker 5: And he's like, hey, get over in the huddle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got aggressive like that, dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah Taylor. I feel like Taylor came back. He was trying to prove a point. You know.
Speaker 3: I was you, Well, the thing was is Matt Neely shut up Matt Neeli, dude, ip man Nelly. He was watching that, was watching that the Jaguars game, and I remember all this stuff coming out on Twitter, was like, oh, when Taylor gets back to the offense will be fixed. It'll be this or that. I remember being like looking at my wife like there's no way we're telling you that too. Yeah, there's no way I can come back and fix an offense. What are they talking about?
Speaker 5: I'm off the lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then but like I got out my head like, yo, you can you can do that. You can fix all these things, like just play super hard. I end up getting so many penalties. But it was after that game I like eminem myself like went after my self pretty hard. Oh when you came out with the uh the legendary guys. I know I'm the problem. I'm a piece of shiplawful on this. I'm that smart smart like that that picture right there, Like literally I think four days went by. A j won't even talk to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah I wanted to fight. I ain't.
Speaker 3: Yeah you too, that would been sad bro my god, Hey, easy boys, we're on the bus with the boys.
Speaker 5: What you're thinking, What.
Speaker 3: Do you think would have happened if we fought so good we can find out we stink?
Speaker 5: Would be boys out, no question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be boys after we both knock each other out. We're out out. You guys, want to know where I was during this game? You're at home? No, remember, I was in the coldtub. You guys played.
Speaker 4: I think we played a Thursday night game, so we had, uh, we were able to watch your guys game, and you guys are having that day game coming back on.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs are beating the Chiefs when we're down ten zero. That's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Because Rashan had that huge turn for a return for a touchdown and I was like in the coldtub, trying to follow my phone.
Speaker 3: Kind of bad service in the cold tub.
Speaker 4: And then I saw it was coming down to like the final drive, and you guys were in it because I remember there was a spot where it's like, fuck.
Speaker 5: They're gonna lose this game.
Speaker 4: Had that block, dude, And so I'm like rushing out of the coldtup because I see it's coming in like the last drive.
Speaker 3: You guys are on defense now in a head and it's like fuck.
Speaker 4: It's also Patrick Mahomes, So these guys can drive ACEP if they wanted to.
Speaker 3: With their receiving corps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's no disrespect to the defense. It's just the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: So I'm like rushing, I throw a towel on on rushing.
Speaker 4: I'm literally standing like outside of the weight room watching the big screen TVs because the weight room was locked up at that time because it was like an off day. So I'm like standing in my towel, like underneath naked and just getting out of the shower and just watching from outside the facility the big screen TV's.
Speaker 3: And that's when Josh blocked the kick.
Speaker 4: Now I'm like going hype because obviously I was like right before I went there, so I had steady been tailgating for Titans games.
Speaker 2: And rooting for the boys.
Speaker 4: Obviously the boys, and uh, that's when Jayon called me in the locker room after the game. Remember, I'm trying to call you, like, man, I've been it's so crazy there because you'll be that was like a pivotal point for you guys. I was like, if you guys lost that game going into the bye week, it was gonna be it was gonna be a rat for the season in my in my.
Speaker 3: Opinion, And that was a big momentum changer for sure.
Speaker 4: And you guys just want to run after that, right because they're like the considered like one of the best things in the NFL, and you guys being from that point.
Speaker 3: On the super Bowl, right, yeah, right right, I'm just putting myself back in that moment.
Speaker 4: Then you guys going to the bye week with new kind of life momentum, and then you guys just fucking go in that terror. That's the last half of the year.
Speaker 3: That's the last game the Chiefs won lost. Excuse me, that's last they lost. Really, yeah, they haven't lost sense.
Speaker 2: You guys need some of that ring.
Speaker 3: I legit thought to myself when we went to Kansas City. I was like, because I've never lost Kansas City, Like, well, I think three and oh against them for whatever reason, like we'd always be down. Yeah, And like two of those three wins were at Arrowhead, Yeah, And I was like, man, we're about to go to the fucking super Bowl. In my head, I'm like, Yo, we got this. Penalties were locked, the fucking taking care of business. We fucking lost that thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I thought you guys are gonna win too. I mean the way you guys beat New England and Baltimore.
Speaker 3: It's like, Yo, these motherfuckers are gonna mess around. But then you you watch a Houston game and I remember being like twenty three whatever whatever the score was in the Houston game, Kansasity for Houston.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: IM watching that and I really thought to myself, Kansasity is still gona win this game. I noticed that they want to score too fast? What did you think you want to? I want Houston to win that game.
Speaker 5: So like, bro, we're going to the super Bowl and we we would have.
Speaker 3: What we were, how we were playing, we would have fucking ran over.
Speaker 5: I was like Houston again. Yeah, I know the don't want to see me.
Speaker 3: At Houston too. I know they don't want to see you had that seventeen two. Oh my god, that'd have been a good game, but it would be a real city.
Speaker 5: Just got too many weapons. I mean, no matter what we could have did, got too many there.
Speaker 3: Definitely did you make Miami plans before you're?
Speaker 5: Uh, I know a couple of guys did you?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 4: I was about to oh yeah, yeah, the Barcels for sure, But I mean like to go as like a supporter.
Speaker 5: Oh really, yeah, you go to you guys go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: How are you gonna take my boys and the thing from you?
Speaker 3: You can play everybody? Hey, you're giving me tickets. You gotta pay for them. Yeah, you would have. You would have done a whole bit to me about it. But you tickets. I want to I want to give you for face value, to give your tickets, had your fucking back, my guy who loves you the mouth toughest corner you faced.
Speaker 5: H Jenen Ramsey, James Ramsey's stud.
Speaker 3: He's a boy too. He's been on the bus, sir guy. Did you guys play the Rams this year?
Speaker 2: I played?
Speaker 5: He was in Jacksonville. Oh yeah, Yeah. That was my worst came over ever ever because of Ramsey. But it was just real bad. It was wet, and I just got in my own head.
Speaker 3: Why do you think jal is so good? Or what makes him so good to go against? That makes you respecting this?
Speaker 5: You know, I I'm young, you know.
Speaker 6: I talked back, you know, and he talked a lot, so I'll go back down. And I was not focused on what I need to focus on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so if I play him again, I probably won't say that's why he.
Speaker 2: Came on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love talking to Jalen.
Speaker 4: He's funny, d he's fine. He came on here talking about I mean, really anything to come to this his head.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, he would say anything. Bro.
Speaker 4: When he talked about not going back to Jacksonville, I'm like, hey, what about Jacksonville?
Speaker 3: Because you're not trying to corner anybody. Say what team would you want to play for? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But he said he mentioned him.
Speaker 3: I go, what about what about Jacksonville. He's like, we're talking about the future.
Speaker 4: Okay, fun And then he's talking about how he smacks talks receivers and he's sit in college. He would look up who they're dating or something and then DM them, DM the girl.
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 5: Laugh?
Speaker 3: If you had a girl and they fucking said something about your girl, you wouldn't do nothing. Nah, because it's a game. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: What if he said he had the receipt, What if he had to receive his.
Speaker 3: Pocket he pulled the recipt out, if he did all that he can, what.
Speaker 2: If he pulled.
Speaker 3: Would that throw you off your game?
Speaker 4: You feel like though he says he does in the n f L, he's because he's guy. They have wives now, and he's like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not gonna go over that line.
Speaker 5: Be along to the streets.
Speaker 3: I mean, can't be mad the boy. He's not wrong who's the funniest guy to be around in the locker room.
Speaker 5: H Taylor gotta be gotta be Taylor in the locker room. Taylor is stupid all the time. I think you're olous to me.
Speaker 4: I thought the funniest dude he was next to me. That's probably we could have let a j explain why he thought it was funny.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe he's maybe speaking too soon because I'm going and Shawn's funniest fu to.
Speaker 5: D and I get I'm gonna give it. If it's not, you don't gonna give it to Rashawn.
Speaker 3: Bro Where Shawn's fucking funny, dude? I think Rashawn's innocently funny, though he doesn't mean to be funny, dude, he is like innocently funny, isn't he? When he came he came home with the screensaver. Oh my god, that ship was so funny, dude. That was so hilarious the show.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: The screen screen share? Yeah, we were on the freaky bitches.
Speaker 5: It was like we thought it was.
Speaker 3: Rabel interrupting our bit.
Speaker 4: We didn't know if we were bombing, and Rabel just wanted to lighten it up by doing a share screen and it had all these folders and one was like rashawun Evans cut up and in my mind it was like this has got to be Verbel because he would coach for Sean one on one when I was there when Rahean was a rookie. But there's also a folder that said two freaky bitches and we just thought Rabel was playing this funny joke. Taylor and I we call afterwards, We're like, yeah, that's hilarious cold Rabel after He's like, I thought that was you, guys, and we're like, we thought that was you. And then they were showing that the Shawn name was there. I was like, hand, let me call her Sean and Sean's like.
Speaker 3: Hey man, He's like, I didn't know you could do that ship. How did you guys do that? How'd you guys pull up that? He was like his music, he's part of my rap, It's part of my song. Is that gonna do it for you? All right?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: He's like, man, I'll tell you it's music rap.
Speaker 4: And we're like you that you got some porn behind that fuller hint and it made it. He made We made him basically go all the way through the folder to show it was like a rap song he was making.
Speaker 3: It was funny, dude, It was two freaky bitches. But dB is also hilarious to me in the locker room.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Who was or is your biggest mentor on the team?
Speaker 4: Oh my buddy, Nick, there's nobody you ever like asked questions to or would be like, I'm gonna go ask.
Speaker 5: I'm always a learner, I'm always trying to learn, but mentor as.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's no tenure wide receiver in there that's gonna be like hall of Fame or something like that. Yeah, favorite locker room with me.
Speaker 6: Uh they came over to O line came over talking ship and uh, I jumped on Taylor Bet tried to jump on and the receiver.
Speaker 5: It didn't help me not be dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one was pretty funny.
Speaker 5: You already answered this one pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually okay, well we'll we'll just end it in a second. But if you could go to any other school besides Mississippi Old Mess, where.
Speaker 5: Would you go?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 2: Obama?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would be afraid this time?
Speaker 4: Was there was there an actual top three was it always on the Ole miss.
Speaker 6: It was uh, it was Bama Ole, miss Missippi State. I just do Missipi State in there because but.
Speaker 3: They never really had a chance. See, I would have to l C. If I could go to different school, I would go and I can go to Michigan. I would go to L s u L s u is L was so dated. Girl in Baton Rouge. That place is awesome.
Speaker 5: Let's do this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, what did you learn from training with Jerry Rice? Thank you, Sam Perlin.
Speaker 5: Jerry Rice to go. I was told I was he was my cousin, so I'm always go with it.
Speaker 4: You were told your cousin.
Speaker 3: Is that true? But I'm from the same area as.
Speaker 6: Because nobody, nobody really lives in that area, like it's nobody like anyway, So of course I'm gonna listen to everything he says. I supposed I had a little uh espn, a little shoot with him. Run running the hill with him, you know.
Speaker 3: His hell like the legendary hill, Yes, today, what's the legendary hill his.
Speaker 5: He'll like, he'll like train like in the off season, he'll run it, you know, to get in shaped.
Speaker 3: It's like a mile long, right, in the mountains are.
Speaker 5: As far as hell. Okay, did you do it? Check this out?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So he's raised want to tell the story.
Speaker 6: I flew all the way to San fran for a fifteen minute video just to be with them, just to be just to run around a couple of trees and get famed.
Speaker 5: And I was so mad. I'm like, I'm thinking we're gonna work for real.
Speaker 3: You tell you're gonna go out there to train with him, and he's gonna kind of take you.
Speaker 6: When I was upstairs just gonna film some stuff, I was, I was like, I can't I spend more time in the air and working.
Speaker 4: Out, so you basically you Matt Sugar his hand and stuff.
Speaker 2: And then they just did it for.
Speaker 6: The promos some advice, but you know, I was, I was up stated. I was like, oh, I'm kind of mad about it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's still he's still travel across the country to like train with something. So why don't you him up and town. I wanted to.
Speaker 5: I want to do the vie.
Speaker 3: I mean after that, you're kind of not gonna once you fly back, you're kind of just trying to train with me. If he called you and he was a chain with you. It's like, if I'm gonna have guys out train ball bomb.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he's just saying like he expected to go out there and train with the goats, and they basically just had him out there to use him for to film a couple of things on the hill and then go inside.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a bummer, dude.
Speaker 4: You know I went out with London Fletcher one time and that that motherfucker worked the ship out of me.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: Who's London Fletcher. I don't know who London Fletcher is.
Speaker 5: Dude, that's what we need to talk about.
Speaker 4: Who is that, Matthew, you don't know who London Fletcher is. No, he's an iron man bro linebacker. Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: He was his last year playing. I think it was year seventeen. He's I mean, he's a legend, he's a stud. It was my rookie year, so my last the only game I played my rooki year that was active. It was London Fletcher's final game of playing football. So I kind of take I'm like, I get hype knowing that I backed up London Futcher in his final game ever. But after a couple of years I London, London, and I we sayed in touch, I seeked him out.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, come out to.
Speaker 4: North Carolina and I'll put you through stuff and we can train, we can watch film, blah blah blah, and that dude, legitimately, I'm talking books, advice, work the ship out of me and saying drills, like almost throwing up. Go to his house, watch film, teach me stuff on, like watching film shot out London. Fletcher, dude, he's he's he's a legit fucking goat.
Speaker 3: He is a goat.
Speaker 4: Yes, he is already in Yeah, London, Fletcher's in the Hall of Fame, beach and all that, got himself a little statue of everything, got the beats on there.
Speaker 3: What are we looking at here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is it? Looking at that?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 3: I didn't know at that point. So we went see that go on the corner. Stop.
Speaker 4: Now did you think when you started you were going to run the entire hill?
Speaker 3: And then they just like run first of you look fucking ten times bigger than him. Look at how much bigger and was more broader? I mean, Jerry Rice is like getting old, yeah, but like but he's like, look at you, how much bigger.
Speaker 4: You fucking understanding.
Speaker 3: He is a specimen dude. Like his shoulders are like almost unnaturally.
Speaker 4: You can tell he's got a lot in the tank because he's got a little he's got a little pep in his step, like he hasn't actually been running that much. But yeah, this was a hill basically that Jerry Rice would run every day in the off season, no matter how sore and anything. He would get out of his bed in the morning kind of like the path thing. His thing was conquering this hill every day, no matter the workout.
Speaker 3: How long is the hell? I think it's a mile or two, right.
Speaker 5: It's pretty far.
Speaker 4: I don't know, going up and down and ship because they always talked about they always talked about Jerry Rice on his work ethic because it's like second to none, and can people talk about deloading and this and that, Like Jerry Rice literally ran this hill apparently every day, didn't.
Speaker 3: Isn't running more than two minutes straight? Like bad for your like fast swish muscle for sure. Yeah, actually not go with the pressure at all.
Speaker 4: It's like it's a great way to promote work ethic through j Rice. But also if you look at that training method. It's like that could be. It's not the best way to train if you're like a legitimate pro athlete.
Speaker 5: White.
Speaker 3: He's just a cessful of knowledge. You got it? Did you got that thing in long down? This is like a trainer. It's crazy. He knows fucking everything. Yeah, all right, Tyron Matthew. What was that playing against him?
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to play him again. Why he talks so much noise? I called the ball one time. He was like, I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 3: I'm like.
Speaker 5: Playing football. Let us play like, you know, like are you trying to take my life? Yeah? You know, but I ain't backing down.
Speaker 6: So I'm walking up behind him and I'm talking and it was like a little time out and he said one thing just just totally just disrespected me.
Speaker 5: And he was right, So I kind of felt bad about it when he said what he said. He was like, you grew up watching me?
Speaker 6: I mean, I told himself, Yeah, I did grow watching you know, I mean everybody girl watching bad everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like you grew up watching me. And I'm like, so I'm like, I'm here now, like I ain't say exactly that, but what did you say that?
Speaker 6: But I told him like I'm here now. You know, I don't caring about that, you know. So I had to block him the next play and I was at the point he was right here. I was like, don't run, don't run, and then I grabbed him my last time. I'm like, I'm going to take him for a ride.
Speaker 5: He gets the spinning and stuff and spinning out of the blocks and I'm like, what you running for? And he was like, move out the way, Move out the way. He just kept talking and he was like, this is my field.
Speaker 3: You're like, I can't say, was that on the one where I.
Speaker 5: Hit him?
Speaker 3: On that guy? Remember that because I remember I hit I hit him and he looked at me cause you're too small. I'm literally like three heads bigger than you, Like, you're so small, and you gotta love that fire.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you really want somebody like that on your team, no question. He was like I told him like, he was like, you're telling the chick is my field. You're gonna let him talk to you like that too, badger. But he definitely played with a swagger man and and I want to play him again just because I'm gonna laugh at him this time.
Speaker 3: We'll see him, we'll see him again. Bro, it's gotta feel like good and like powerful to be like you grew up watching me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like respectful, disrespectful you to.
Speaker 3: Tell a young guy you know, I know they just getting that's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I can't want you to watch you grew up watching me?
Speaker 5: Like who are Then just walk you say like who are you? You grew watching me?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: I love I love telling people I have no idea who they are.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, bro, you do do that say that stuff all the time. Like I'd be like, just shut up. I heard you say that.
Speaker 3: There's some dudes like who the is this guy?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: Bro it is Yeah, some dudes that you're just like, I'm never even heard of this cat.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean it's been said to me my first my first, my first year like playing and like taking over the starting role.
Speaker 3: I remember I broke up a pass.
Speaker 4: I've said this story with Greg Olsen and uh we had this funny gig like something we probably create to where you would Spider.
Speaker 3: Man like it was around the locker room.
Speaker 4: If somebody made like a dumb comment like how I did the mees thing earlier, you would like spray somebody with the Spider web because Spider Man came out and people were it's like somebody's kids was doing this thing.
Speaker 3: So we just made it like a locker room thing.
Speaker 4: Any Way, I broke up this pass with Olson and to kind of make the sideline laugh and plays around me, spat him with the Spider Man thing.
Speaker 3: He goes.
Speaker 4: He goes, man, who the fuck are you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 4: The third stream talks back to the huddle. I just remember going, hey, I worked for this spot, just trying to be fun. I've never taken nothing like way too serious. Wh I'm not on the field.
Speaker 3: I might having fun.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I worked for this spot.
Speaker 5: What the fuck?
Speaker 4: And then we had a time out. He came over and he was like, hey man, I didn't I didn't mean to disrespect you back there. I like in the moment and said, I know you worked tak for this position, and uh, you know, I didn't mean that back there, but that's my bad.
Speaker 3: But it was like one of the funny moments. Shout up, greg Olsen, fucking back tracking dude, Well a little scared, a little comptent, I.
Speaker 4: Said, I tweeted after we told Kyle Rudolph that in Miami, and uh, Olsen actually tweeted back and said, like, yeah, I remember that moment, not my proudest moment.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: That's so funny, dude, dude, it was such a funny moment. The whole bullshit Spider Man thing that's in my head and now was we had so much fun with that ship.
Speaker 3: Dude. It's uh like this year was at the first year I've had people come up to me and be like like fans of like fans of me. It was a weird It was a weird thing. Like, uh, that one dude came up and we put the Raiders saw the cult is a Colton Miller. Yes, that left tackle tackle. He like came up to me. He was like bro like like idalyze you. And then I had him like we're both here, like we're both you know what I'm saying, Like, but I'm like taking a back like super complimented by Like it meant a lot. It was super cool to hear because you work hard and you try to you know, you get these accolades and like you hope there's like some kid in high school watching it and he comes out he's like, yo, I'll look up to you.
Speaker 4: And I was like, she's never You never know who you're inspiring or imprinting, Like there's probably some young kid that's like watching AJ that's a might be in the league with him, and they'll be like, yo, AJ, you're the man, bro, Like I fucking love watching you growing up, and you're just gonna be taken back by it, Like damn, I guess you know you carry a little more responsibility with it, probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude. I had a when we were in the third preseason game. I was runn with the two because I was suspended, but like this like little ass dude. He's wearing like a forties number, and it was like it was some small little d m yeah, and he like I like literally took him for a fucking ride, Like he and I fast passed fifteen yards down the field and like we finished the block and like we walked away. He goes, Man, it's an honor to play against you, And I was like, what the fuck that just dusted you, like, like have some pride in what is going on right now. It just but it totally like took the wind out of myself. I was like, damn, all right, well, yeah, I can't chirpy anymore? Yeah, thanks, I appreciate that. Yeah, and no, I'm trying to make a good impression. Like the one thing he meets me. I'm kind of like being nice. Hey, it's all right, you're doing great out here. Like what am I gonna tell you this? That a bit of a deal man A J. Brown future number one wide receiver in the league. Thank you so much for coming on the boss student.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Do we have anything else? Do you have any questions for us, any expectation when you came on as your mentor in the locker room advice?
Speaker 3: All listen, there's a lot of I don't want you to your fucking.
Speaker 4: Wag. The swag I feel like you carry with yourself is obviously what's going to make top of the best best receivers taste it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you rocked the little uh the rotweiler? What is that? Do you explain that?
Speaker 4: Because it kind of dry. When I see it happen on guys, it kind of drives me nuts. But you're on here now and I want to learn about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I just really just cut my hair recently, but I got to keep the Gucci going. I named the gucci.
Speaker 3: Oh it's got a name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm break it up.
Speaker 4: How's good you doing back there? You scratch it?
Speaker 3: It used to be blonde? What happened to it?
Speaker 5: I'm a blinding bad back for the season?
Speaker 3: The b how many yards to ye?
Speaker 2: You get?
Speaker 3: We rock the shades.
Speaker 4: That's how you just know. It's like there's a rookie dude and he's taking photos before the season with shades.
Speaker 3: On at the rookies, at the rookie whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at in the chains hanging out.
Speaker 3: Shout out, Darren Bates. Not a watch guy, chain guy. Hey j Brown wants you to watch doesn't even know what time it is.
Speaker 5: I'm always on time.
Speaker 3: Let's go, dude, all right, that's a good time to get the fuck out. I'm leaking. I'm gonna go take a whoa.
Speaker 4: Guys, goals, people of all ages appreciate you so much for tuning in to another episode of Busting with the Boys. If you haven't yet, please subscribe to the episode on Apple, podcast, Spotify, whatever platform you're on.
Speaker 2: We're on there.
Speaker 4: We have a YouTube channel, Busting with the Boys. We would love if you subscribe there as well. If you are subscribed and you want to be a more for the boys. Unsubscribe and resubscribe. Again it sounds funny, it's stupid and kind of obnoxious, but all of your subscriptions and resubscribing and stuff, it helps in these little algorithm games for climbing charts. Because again, we are very organic you guys. Where we're at it's because of you guys, so we like to keep it fucking organic and just troum us to us versus the world.
Speaker 2: But we really do. We really appreciate your guys and support. A few of you had.
Speaker 4: Questions about merchandise. You will Our merchandise store is on barstool sports dot com. Go over to shop and we are under the brand Bustle with the Boys. You can find all of our gear there. We knews dot constantly. Now, if you guys have any ideas, shout us out. If you guys buy the gear, shout us out. We really do love when you guys talk back to us, add us, mention us, put us on your stories, tagets, all that fun stuff you like, grabbing that stuff and putting it on our YouTube episodes, and again, we just love it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We love you guys. We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 4: Keep being for the fucking boys, Keep being a wolf. The biggest of hugs and the tiniest of kiss since we love you, we appreciate you. Tune in next week for another episode of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 5: M H. Gold Man, I'll come home.
Speaker 3: Mother, Drug stops baking Dallas Hall
Speaker 5: Zasy loves the Wis