Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know.
Speaker 2: All about that high school drama. Girl drama girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride, and our comic girl sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama, queens up girl fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl drama, queens, drama, Queens drama, Queens drama, drama, queens drama queens.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, we are back. We're back. We're still here, and we are here to talk all things except one tree.
Speaker 4: Hell.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk all things SAG strike with you because it's really important to us and our community, and so are you and you as an audience showing up for us every week. We love you, guys, and we want you to know what's going on. We want your support, and so here we are. Let's talk about lots of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, we had a text chain yesterday, so we record our episodes a couple of days in advance, and so for you, you guys at home, you're hearing this on Monday. But we're dealing with this over the course of you know, a Thursday, a Friday, a Saturday, and our union went on strike, which I think we all support and we're all fully backing that.
Speaker 5: But what that means is that.
Speaker 4: There is a lot of gray area about whether or not you can promote a show that was a SAG after a contract and one tree who was for us? I mean, this was the show that got all of us. I mean not all of us, but it got me into the Union. You know, were you in the Union already?
Speaker 6: I was, Yeah, because I had done a commercial early in high school and so I got into commercial. Yeah, that was how I got into SAG. And it was like such a cool thing. I remember my dad being like, you're going to have healthcare when you're eighteen, Like.
Speaker 5: Credit a commercial?
Speaker 3: What was the commercial?
Speaker 6: So I was in a KitKat commercial?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Yeah, where is that on the internet?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you guys. It was chic. It was like a full coffee paste of clueless. Me and my friend Keana from school. We're in it with this girl. I can't remember the other girl's name. We met her on set that day. I still can't eat caickut bars because I ate so many of them that weekend. But we were so cute, and yeah, that was how I got into the Union.
Speaker 3: I love it. I got mine from a commercial too. But I was twelve and the hospital where my dad worked was doing a commercial and they so I went and I had to walk a dog in a circle.
Speaker 5: Did that dog eat a heart?
Speaker 3: That was the dog? Later? No, but that was it. It was very exciting though, because the whole thing with the SAG card is you can't really get SAG work until you have a SAG card, and you can't get the you can't have a SAG card without getting the work. So it's really exciting when you get that one job that's going to get you in the door.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, people talk about your big break, you know, it really is the moment that you are able to join SAG. It's like, oh, I have a line, I have a job that is part of a union, and it's such a big deal to an actor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is a really big deal, and I think it's an important thing to touch on, you know, when we talk about being part of a union, when we talk about the fact that the union is how we have protections on set, it's how we have healthcare, it's how we have all these things. There's a lot of misnomers in the world about what we do, about what performers do about what our lives look like. You know, you hear the top line for like the five most famous people on earth and how much money they make, and you think everybody makes money like them, and it's just not true, unfortunately. And I think it's a really important, a really important way to frame it is to let you know our friends at home that if you are in sag Aftra, in order to qualify for healthcare, you have to make as a performer twenty six thousand dollars a year, and eighty seven percent of the sag after membership does not qualify for healthcare. That's eighty seven percent and not one cent less, not one cent less. Eighty seven percent of working actors do not make twenty six thousand dollars a year from acting or performing, so they don't even have access to the health benefits that our union helps us afford. And so this idea that it's like, oh, it's a bunch of whiny rich people who just want more money. Know the CEOs of the studios that make two hundred million dollars a year and are currently vacationing together on a super yacht while they're telling all of us that our protections that we're asking for our quote unrealistic. Those are the rich people who we should all be sort of fised out. Yeah, but I think it's really it's really important that we start to unpack some of the reality of this because look like you guys see us either on TV and shows that are edited and sound mixed and color timed beautifully, or you see people at award shows. But to be clear, award shows aren't actually parties, their work events, and everyone's wearing barge that they can't afford.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I could never afford anything I've ever worn anywhere.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 4: It's important to us that, like, we have full transparency with you guys, because we have reached out to our union rep because what we've been told as actors is you're not allowed to promote anything that was a sag after job. And because our show currently is still streaming even though we filmed it twenty years ago, is doing a rewatch podcast considered promotion for a sag after job. So we've called our leadership and they're inundated with other people with similar questions, and so while we wait for a clear answer from them, uh huh, this actually like works in our fans' benefit because we're just going to answer like all the questions that you guys have been sending in because it is important to us that.
Speaker 5: We honor you.
Speaker 4: You've been along with us for this ride for two decades. Now, you know we're coming up on our twentieth anniversary. And it's also important that our show specifically, which was an ensemble show, is standing by and fighting the good fight, not just for like the core five kids on the show, but every single one of the actors that came and did guest spots.
Speaker 5: On our show.
Speaker 4: These are the people that we're fighting for. These are the people that really deserve all of our support.
Speaker 6: And just so you guys know, when we talk about what questions we have for our union reps, you know you probably have seen that there's been guidelines published. There's some stuff that, to Hillary's point, is just a gray area. Yeah, like they've said you can't promote past or present projects. But does that mean projects that have come out and are no longer airing new episodes, or does a past project mean you know, the Netflix show that you shot two and a half years ago that's premiering this November, so technically it's a past project, But it's still going to be new to streaming, like nobody really knows what it means yet, and we just don't want to air anything that could potentially go against our own union and our own support of them, So we won't have a new episode this week.
Speaker 4: But like we said, we're going to answer all your questions.
Speaker 3: What you're saying, Sophia is so true because a lot of the issue is with streaming and the fact that you know, we as actors, you used to be able to get syndication fees, so when your show was on and then it would re air like we were on soap Net.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, soap Net was a great great paychecks, isn't it great?
Speaker 3: Yes, And that was for years and years. Even commercial actors used to get residuals that people would put their kids through college and just doing one commercial. And so now what's different is the studios are just selling these properties off to the streaming networks, and the storytellers who poured their heart and souls into these shows, who showed up every day for work, they don't get anything from that. It's like a one and done and you invest years and years and years of your life and something like that and so that's been That's one of the things that's important that we are able to hold the line on with our union, and we just want to be respectful of that. That's one thing among many others.
Speaker 4: We've got a question from someone named Maria that ties into that Joy really well because she asks, she says, how are actors compensated for work done in the early two thousands prior to streaming? Do you get any benefits from your episodes on streaming? And I just want to point out that when our contracts were negotiated in two thousand and three, streaming wasn't even a feasibility.
Speaker 5: It was alien. You can't negotiate for something that doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: This is when Netflix was still mailing you DVDs in your actual post mailbox and you would pull the DVD out and watch it. That's all Netflix was.
Speaker 6: Yep, it's so crazy to think about, and it is interesting, you know, to the point of what Joy's saying, it's a weird feeling, guys, to have made something, to have dedicated your life to making something. Also, frankly, all of our first big jobs, so it's not like any of us had good quotes. We weren't making a bunch of money by any means. We were all like trying to figure out how to pay our rent. And your show goes on to become this hit, this cult classic, and it keeps getting sold.
Speaker 5: Oh, they make so much money off this show.
Speaker 6: They make so much money off the show, you guys, And we haven't seen a penny of it ever. And it's our faces and our stories and our bodies and our work that they're selling. And it feels it feels really bad. And I think part of the reason it feels bad is because people who were in better quote unquote power positions did get protections for eventual changes to things like Tom Cruise is making money every time his movies play on any network, you know, TV, streamer or whatever, but like, we don't. And that's that's a hard pill to swallow, to know that there is just not a fair standard. And that's that's why we're on strike.
Speaker 4: I mean, the AI thing is what breathes me out because we couldn't have negotiated for that, Like and do you guys remember we just had one one taste of what that was, like it was maybe second or third season, and they used our life.
Speaker 6: You gonna say caress.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm so mad about it.
Speaker 6: Still remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, tell everybody at home what happened.
Speaker 6: I still though, you guys. One of the ways that if you are on a show locked into a six year deal for very little money, as we all were, that you stand to maybe make some money if your show becomes a hit, is you might get an endorsement deal, so you might become the face of a brand.
Speaker 5: Like and like.
Speaker 4: But every girl on every other show had like Nutrigas was doing kids.
Speaker 6: Remember Kristen Bell when she was doing Cutie Veronica Mars and she was doing Nutrigina with her perfect little chin.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 6: People had opportunities to do these things.
Speaker 5: I was begging for it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, we were like cool, we were ready, let's go do something neat. And the WB sold the three of us photos.
Speaker 5: Of us to caress our likeness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they said, are you a Brook, a Paytent or a Haley And they said no, no, we sold Brooke, Peyton and Haley. They got the endorsement money, y'all. The network made the money and we didn't make a penny. So we were on billboards and in magazines as the faces of this you know, skincare brand, and we made nothing.
Speaker 5: And it knocked us out of the running for anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, yep.
Speaker 6: Because it ruins your exclusivity. So then we could never do another beauty deal.
Speaker 4: You'll remember driving by those billboards.
Speaker 5: Matter than deceiving.
Speaker 6: I had steam coming out of my ears, and it's like a It's a really crazy thing, especially as a young woman, when someone sells your face and body oof and doesn't have to ask you about it. And this is the new argument that we're having with AI. You know, if you're paying attention watching any of the videos we've all been sharing, our SAG president and some of our reps got up to talk about you know this quote unquote groundbreaking AI proposition from the studios, and the studios literally said, well, when background actors come in, we'll scan them and then we'll own their likeness to be reproduced in any manner we choose forever, forever. Imagine like they could put you in porn, they could put you in a movie about Nazis, they could put they could do anything that goes against your moral compass. They could recreate you ten thousand times and you would have made eighty dollars for one day working background and gotten a free lunch. Get theff out of here?
Speaker 5: Did they watched Terminator? I watched Terminator like every day growing up. Get out? Know how bad this is gonna go?
Speaker 6: We got to get out. Yeah, so they're taking advantage of old contracts. Well, they're taking advantage of old contracts. They're also taking advantage of the most powerless people in our union. But they're taking advantage of people all the way up the line.
Speaker 3: So much greed.
Speaker 6: It's so much greed. And I think, you know, people will say when they think about some of their favorite actors who you know, make the big ticket money that they read about in the trades, and they'll be like, well, you know, why are we supposed to listen to these people? They're not hurting for anything. I think it's really worth letting you guys know that part of the reason we fight for equity as actors is because that's how our livelihoods are made. When we eat, a whole team full of people eats if we make money. If we if we get a job for one hundred dollars, our agent gets ten dollars, our manager gets ten dollars, our lawyers get five dollars. Our publicists, depending on what their annual salary is, make from like three to five of that one hundred dollars, you're paying forty dollars in taxes you're paying you're paying another ten bucks to an accountant.
Speaker 3: Then you have rent and groceries and your family.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is, out of the one hundred dollars that you hear somebody's making, we probably keep twenty five, yeah, and the rest of the money goes to the government and goes to our team. Like I don't make much more. I don't make much more money than my agent makes at the end of the day because of how many people I pay. And I'm proud of that. I'm proud that when I book a job, an entire team of people and their families also book jobs. But this idea that people in our industry are like, you know, greedy or whatever is is simply not true. And it's really frustrating when again, executives at studios that are making one hundred million, two hundred million dollars a year and bonuses and are flying around on their private jets are saying that us asking to not be owned by AI machines is unrealistic. It's like, come on, what do we do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you guys watch a show that has a big star in it, for example, that person is getting a huge paycheck maybe eventually, like eventually, yes, but I mean in comparison, excuse me to what I'm trying to say here, is that basically every other person on the show. What the studios have started to try and do is find all these loopholes, like taking a seasoned actor who should be getting a series regular contract and saying, we're going to bring you in as a guest star. Yeah, for five thousand dollars an episode, but we want you for ten episodes. We want you for eight days an episode, and we want you for twelve hours a day. And that's what for five thousand dollars for.
Speaker 4: Guest star fee. You can't get a nanny to cover you for that much?
Speaker 3: Yeah what? And these are actors who are I mean, it doesn't matter. Anybody shouldn't be yeah, put in that position. But yeah, that's just not right. It's not right.
Speaker 6: Well, and again, when you think about the percentages that come out of that money, you might be like, I'd love a five thousand dollars paycheck for a week, and it's like, well, yeah, but when you're giving sixty eight percent of that money to other people, Yeah, like what are you what are you living on? How are you paying for your gas? How are you paying your mortgage if you're lucky enough to have one in the first place. Like, it's a it's it's really kind of wild, and it's it's frustrating. None of us is stupid. It's frustrating when studios are getting on their earnings calls with their shareholders boasting about record breaking quarterly profits and then they're.
Speaker 5: Telling us, ever you add of here?
Speaker 4: If there was ever a show to prep a fan base for, like a good fight, I feel like between Brooke Davis's fight with the Crab, Shack the.
Speaker 6: Lobster, I unionize those crabs still proud.
Speaker 4: Payton sort of like this record label bullshit you Like, I think that our fan base has been primed for a fight for like a long time now. So so this question from simone, what is one song that can immediately change your mood? I think to amend it, Like, what's our fight song?
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say, we need a fight song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is our fight so honestly, we're striking in this moment.
Speaker 6: I feel like the mood is very These boots were made for walking. Yeah, like I'm rocking right out of work. Call y'all, good guye bye bye?
Speaker 5: Who I mean you know that? I just go to lay Miz for everything.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like the studio executives are like.
Speaker 4: You at the barricade, listen to this, no one is coming to help you to fight, and here comes sag and We're like, hey, bitches, let's ride.
Speaker 5: Yeah, love it.
Speaker 3: It was a TV show called The Unit on Ages ago and their theme song was like it was it was the Marines, but it was put to it was like a marine cadence, but it was put to some real cool beats. I'm feeling it. I'll find it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we need to find that. We can drop it in a story.
Speaker 3: I'm into it.
Speaker 5: We'll just play newsies.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Well, I like Chrissy's question because now that school's out for summer, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: She's like, what are.
Speaker 6: Your favorite summer activities to do with your family and friends? And I'm like, well, I didn't think I was going to be home, but here we are, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so here I mean, Jeff can't go to Comic Con and I can't film my show anymore, and so he and I are looking at each other this morning just like, oh my god, like we get to just be home with the kids, you know, like obvious, what are you guys going to do on the farm?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 4: Like at this point, George is so all consuming and it's just like they had digit me. I think they were doing fishing last night. I was traveling to come home and they were all like fishing successfully. So I feel like that's going to be the rest of my summer. Is I love that baiting hooks, which that's fun.
Speaker 3: I've never really been fishing. I would love to go. I mean I've done it once or twice, but not like out the whole morning, get up early. That'd be fun.
Speaker 6: Honestly. Years ago, I set a goal for myself to learn to fly fish really and yeah.
Speaker 5: Remember her Instagram. We were all like where is she?
Speaker 6: You're like, what are you doing? I was like, I'm just in Alasta, you guys. I love it, Like I want to be the old lady and waiters who's just like on a river with no cell service fishing like that is my GM that is my future goal for myself. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: Sounds great.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just love running around, especially with all these fireflies and the summer heat, just watching the kids. We got a little creek by our house, watching the kids run around. It's so nice to just relax and enjoy the simple, simple things in life. I feel those. I feel that more in the summer, I think than the winter.
Speaker 4: I clocked the summers like I dawned on me at the end of the school year that I was only going to have X amount of summers left with my son before he graduates and leaves, and it's not a big number. And I was just like, oh, I panicked. I totally panicked. And so now I'm overwhelming the out of Gus and I'm just like, do you want to watch a movie? Do you want to watch a movie? Do you want to hang out with me? Do you want to cook together? Do you want to go on a walk?
Speaker 5: What do you want to do? So pestering my teenager?
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's only so many summers left, Okay.
Speaker 6: Sarah wants to know what kind of toppics you put on your pizza, which might feel like a weird transition. But I actually think one of the things that I like to do in the summer is do like pizza nights with friends, you know, get all the dough and get all the things they.
Speaker 5: Wait, girl, you do work.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 6: I love it. I love it, And I'm like, that's the thing you could do with gus. You could be like, hey, kid, let's to make pizza dough and then we can make our own pizzas.
Speaker 3: Give one of those little hooney pizza of it, right, Yes, I have one of those little single ones and we just throw them in there for three minutes and turn them over.
Speaker 6: They're so cool.
Speaker 5: Well they just like gas powered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, I'll send you a link. So I feel like we can answer Sarah's question, but we can also plot like ways for you guys to make your teenagers hang out with you guys.
Speaker 5: I feel like this question opens us.
Speaker 4: It opens me up because, okay, get I'm a Pineapple pizza person and I'm not even embarrassed about it, Like I just love it and I don't want to hear anything about it. And I've loved it since I was a little kid getting those little Caesars packages to tear the paper open, I love.
Speaker 3: Pineapple on pizza. It's wrong with that.
Speaker 5: Because people pick on you. People really do.
Speaker 3: That is true. I don't like the ham either. I don't want the ham. I just want the pineapple. Maybe a little mushroom. Maybe a little pineapple mushroom green pepper.
Speaker 5: That gives me like.
Speaker 6: College flashbacks to like the little pizza place off of Hoover Avenue in downtown at usc Oh my god, I I've turned into one of those people who likes I like like a weird, fancy Italian pizza. I ordered a pizza last night with like fennel sausage and fresh mozzarella and like caramelized onions.
Speaker 3: It was so good.
Speaker 5: We're going legit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pizza, Like, let's talk about a little more to Della. Let's talk about like calibri and chili with honey and that like pizza.
Speaker 6: Give it to me, yes, yeah. So but that's the thing. This is what I like about us is we can golices.
Speaker 5: Of pizza here.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It's like it's my it's my fantasy trip to Tuscany. Or it's like we're on the road in the RV and we got to pull over at the gas station. What kind of pizza. Are we getting at the gas station and we're down. We're down for the whole gamut.
Speaker 4: Remember Slice of Life in Wilmington and what a scene that was at the end of the night, Like there's no food at the end of the night. So you would roll out of bars at like one thirty two o'clock in the morning and Slice of Life Pizza is where look, if you couldn't pick someone up there, you were going home empty handed, like that was the last call for food and people to kiss.
Speaker 5: They still they stopped.
Speaker 3: They just stop at the end of the night there did they stop cooking, like twenty minutes before they even close, because everything's just they're they're sold out. Everybody is flooding their spot.
Speaker 5: I loved that place, such.
Speaker 6: A good memory of all the nights there.
Speaker 3: When I was still in California, there was a seven eleven all the way at the end of my all the end of my road, and I would go in there and there was a woman in there once who was picking up a pizza and I was like, seven eleven makes pizzas so gross, like no thanks, And she saw the look on my face and she goes, oh no, no, you don't know I'm like, I feel like I no. She goes, you don't know, So She's like, would you like to try a slice? And I'm thinking no, but okay, I mean I'll be nice. Guys, this was a really good pizza. You have the jewel Box seven eleven making good pizzas.
Speaker 5: I like a sneak attack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you don't know who like the owner's owner of the franchise's mom is, you know, I franchise.
Speaker 5: She could have had a knack for that.
Speaker 3: Hey man, find the diamond on the rough. You gotta find it.
Speaker 4: I love pizza parlor loyalty when you can just like find your spot in a town, no matter how run down or you know, back alley it is, you just gotta stand by it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well this kind of goes well. This is a question from Quinn what's your favorite rom com? Which made me think of Mystic Pizza since we're talking about pizza. But I actually haven't seen that in a really long time.
Speaker 5: It's been a minute. We might need to watch that.
Speaker 3: You do, Let's do a nineties rom com rewatch?
Speaker 6: Oh man, I would love that.
Speaker 3: If you guys have your DVDs, go find your DVD.
Speaker 6: I just finally watched Before Sunset. Interesting, you guys that movie undid me really? Like, yeah, undid me in like such a beautiful way, And I just went, what are we doing? I just want to I just want to make things like this. I just want to make projects like this.
Speaker 3: It's so beautiful and simple.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so beautiful.
Speaker 4: I mean, I find boys like that totally irritating. But I think the fact that you can make a movie about two people connecting with each other is a lost art, Like, yes, we're not We're supposed to do big, huge superhero movies.
Speaker 6: Now you know, it was just two people having a conversation. Yeah, and and this this idea about you had this in credible encounter with someone you were meant to see again and then life got in the way and what happens if you never really got over it? Like, oh my god, it just I just thought it was so beautiful. And Julie Delpy is so incredible in it because she's so funny one minute and then she's totally freaking out the next, and then she's like, I don't know why I'm telling you any of this. It's just so present and fun and yeah, I mean, you know, Ethan Hawk's character is like a little annoying puppy dog.
Speaker 5: But at the time in the nineties, boy oh yeah, feely he was a writer. Oh my god, he was Lucas Scott.
Speaker 6: Got I loved the movie. I just loved it. So, yeah, take me back to a good rom com any day.
Speaker 4: We were really lucky that we came up in an era where like the rom com was the thing, Like now.
Speaker 5: I feel like scary movie.
Speaker 4: These are the things that people go see on dates and like highs go see.
Speaker 6: Can we say the thing like, are we lucky that we grew up in the rom came era? Because isn't that why we dated so many ding dongs for so long? Girl, I think I.
Speaker 5: Was destined to date ding dongs no matter what.
Speaker 4: Like I could have been Relection, I could have been Joy and I were watching black and white movies.
Speaker 3: Doris Day, all of that. Like, that's that's what my rom com problem was. Was was not Meg Ryan and Julia Robertson from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I was in love with Rock Hudson. You know that was never going to work out. No, Sandra Bullock was from my hometown. She's from like the next county over, and so knowing that as a middle school girl and a high school girl, and just being so fixated on this person's ability to get out and create a life for herself.
Speaker 5: Like I was just so into it, and Hope Floats still to this day, I don't. I don't watch things over and over again.
Speaker 4: I'm not that kind of personality. I like new things, and I think that's why I like Doc Manory because I feel like I'm learning something constantly. Hope Floats is the only thing that I watch over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 6: That's so sweet.
Speaker 3: I love that makes me want to go back and watch it. It's wonderful. Harry Connick Junior, what.
Speaker 4: A babe, and Forrest Whitaker directed it, Like that's the thing to people forget.
Speaker 5: Yes, I didn't know that. Yes, it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Because it is time to go to the library and rent a DVD. We all need to go buy a new DVD player, new Slash old I french Man, French Kiss, I think is just always on the top of the list for me, Like I love the Proposal, I love Pretty Woman. You know those are all great, but it's just hits my personality, right, French Kiss. I love that one.
Speaker 4: Kevin Klein is so hot in that movie, really rgeous. That's the one with him and Meg Ryan and they have to like go and try to make her ex boyfriend mad because he's proposing to someone else.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, exactly, But then he's stolen something and so then she's like in on this weird caper that she doesn't want to be a part of, and then they of course fall in love. It's wonderful.
Speaker 4: That's when her haircut was at its like most perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh so biggy, short, little haircut.
Speaker 6: It was so good.
Speaker 3: I wish I had a head for pixie cuts.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? You do?
Speaker 3: No, I don't. My head's too small for a pixie cut. But also I have one of those dents you know when your doctor pulls you out and there's a thumb dent in the back of your head.
Speaker 6: I have a big one, you guys talking about.
Speaker 5: Wait, there's a thumb debt.
Speaker 6: Oh, I have a huge deck here, I.
Speaker 3: Have a big one. I definitely couldn't do that. Like when Natalie Borman shaved her head for v for vendett I was but I was.
Speaker 6: Just gonna say, I was like could have never done VI for Vendetta. Nope, absoluely not.
Speaker 4: My skull comes to a weird point in the back. Ah man, you guys insecure.
Speaker 3: Gold, What about this one? Where would you want to dream? Girls trip? You got a girl's trip? You got what you have? Five, six, seven, ten days? Ten days? It's a lot, maybe like ten days long time.
Speaker 5: I have Greece on my bucket list. I've never been. I really want to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do too. It's great.
Speaker 5: I like history.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 5: Oh that's why I did. When you took Maria there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did a couple of summers ago. I took her over there. We went to Paros, which is beautiful. It's just a tiny little island that not a lot of people know about, but it's stunning. I have a hole, I got a whole travel right up on it. I'll give it to you. Paros it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember thinking like we were going to live there for a second because we're friends with a guy that runs the film commission in Greece, and Jeff and I are like, what.
Speaker 5: If we just go there? Like, what what does that look like?
Speaker 3: You look good with the tan? Hillary Man?
Speaker 6: We could go make some shows there.
Speaker 5: Why not? Yeah, if it worked for Meryl Streep and Mama Mia, like we.
Speaker 6: Could do this cute little expat rom coms. That's That's kind of what I fantasize about. Honestly, is like, oh, I if I was gonna say, let's go on a trip, I just want to go to Italy and go to I just want to go like take pasta classes with old nonahs and like travel through Olive Groves and wait.
Speaker 5: Is that why my algorithm?
Speaker 4: Every day I wake up with cheap Italian villas dot com email and me all these houses that are like a super cheap.
Speaker 6: That's probably for me sending you that house I was looking at in Deep twenty twenty when I was losing my mind and thinking we needed to evacuate right right?
Speaker 5: Where are we going to go?
Speaker 6: What if we just went here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 4: Think that we're we're drawn to like romantic cultures. Joy, where do you want to go?
Speaker 3: I'm taking a girl's trip. I'm going in a few weeks to London just for fun, but oh fun, much like I want to go.
Speaker 5: Haven't I been?
Speaker 3: I haven't been to rock but I don't.
Speaker 6: Know Prog's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean everybody says it's amazing. I mean du Brevnika here is also amazing.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm bouncing around the map, but I don't know. Probably Italy too, I probably. I think I'm on the same page. I probably would want to go to the Mofy coast and like get a boat.
Speaker 4: Does that make us basic girls? I don't care you make fun of our kids. You can make fun of our basic girl trip.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I could also see some like doing some Highlanders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Scotland.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never been, guys, Honestly, I haven't been anywhere because we started work. I started working when I was right out of high school and then there was just never a break. And then I had kids and they're in school and shit, and so yeah, girls trip Scotland.
Speaker 6: Scotland's on my list. Maybe we should all go there.
Speaker 3: I'm down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll take some waistcoats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, could it buy some waistcoats there? That's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joy will be out translator fantastic. All right, summer cocktail of choice? Oh, Jack is asking, while we plot all these things, what is our summer cocktail?
Speaker 5: Of choice.
Speaker 3: I mean it's hard to beat a nice Negroni, like a nice refreshing negroni A on an afternoon the little pizza.
Speaker 6: You guys, I am such a lover of an aperol sprits, But have you had a Hugo sprits?
Speaker 5: What's Hugo sprits.
Speaker 6: It's basically like an apparol sprits, but instead of apparol you use elderflower liqueur.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, okay, with.
Speaker 6: Prosecco, seltzer, lime mint. It is good. And you know all I want to do all winter, Like the minute it gets called out, I just want a whiskey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, m But in the summer, yeah.
Speaker 6: Like sparkling citrus and prosecco. Get out of your all desk.
Speaker 3: It's not too sweet with a s Germain.
Speaker 6: No, there is no San Germain. It's just elderflower liqueur.
Speaker 3: That's Elderflower Liquors Aser Maine.
Speaker 5: Is it. Yeah, it's a brand of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I guess yeah, there's other brands of course. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When we do promotional stuff for MF Libations, we did a we did a martini, but we traded out one of our ingredients for an elderflower liqueur. And we used our BlackBerry jin and it was like it's one of those things where you're like, how's that gonna work? Work?
Speaker 5: Great work, great flowers, fruit and liquor. That's my combo. That's what I want in any.
Speaker 3: Drink, Botanical cocktails, man like aviation with a little crime violette and some lemon. There's so many good things to drink.
Speaker 5: I'm so lazy.
Speaker 4: I just like finding those sodas that have like very low sugar. Like there's a brand called Gus Soda that I've always been partial to, obviously because the name. Yeah, and so finding like fancy Italian sodas and love putting gin in them is all I can handle.
Speaker 5: Right now. I'm just like, I already get out of my lab.
Speaker 6: I'm making my gin drake. Yeah, A two step cocktail that sounds like a fancy that tastes like it was done by a fancy mixologist is real nice.
Speaker 3: M hm. That's what I won't.
Speaker 5: That's what I want. Cheers, cheers, Well.
Speaker 2: Are we uh?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna do another Q and A later? Are we gonna what's our plan for next week? Guys?
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna hear from our union rep right like once we get information from our representatives, will know whether or not this is considered promotion for a streaming show. And if it's not cool and we go back to our regularly scheduled program. But if it is in conflict.
Speaker 3: We have lots of fun ideas.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot of creative thinking happening, and all of it's very dishy and fun and lighthearted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll be wanting for nothing, darling.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys so much for bearing with us and for supporting us. If you support actors, if you support your favorite shows, please just like send messages out to the streamers or the studios, get on social media.
Speaker 5: Make your voices heard. We want to make you good content, but we have to be supported, am'am.
Speaker 3: Love you guys, Thank you so much. Go by DVDs. Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 6: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's Oth.
Speaker 4: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 5: See you next time.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama girl, Drama Girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride at our comic girl Sharing for the right teams, drama.
Speaker 5: Queens LESE my girl, up girl fashion. With your tough girl, you.
Speaker 3: Could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens, drama, queise drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama queens