Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Charlamagne to God please stand up playing in his.
Speaker 3: Friday Good morning. How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed black and Holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve out beautiful listeners. What's happening? Why you got sunglasses on? Because I'm drunk from last night.
Speaker 2: That's why crazy drunk, I saying, with a lawyers couple of tequila. I was like, what are you doing with that? He had the same cup all night. I'm like, come on, And then I walked up, you had the same I definitely.
Speaker 4: Did have the same thing all night.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: And this morning, well, last night y'all went to go see.
Speaker 2: Go see Kendrick into Mad Life, right, And I walked up to this yes and says I walked up to him.
Speaker 1: He was like, yo, I'm.
Speaker 3: So like, yo, you're not drunk. Stop trying like stop trying to be cool.
Speaker 2: But we uh had sweet and he treated us to go. I thought that was really really dope. It was not drunk, I know, he was'nt even drinking and having the same shot for three I was just crazy.
Speaker 3: I feel a little tipsy right now. Nothing crazy though it was drinking a little bit. I was concert for you. You got your head up like you like you.
Speaker 1: Stevie wanted up like a clown.
Speaker 3: Swiss Beast was at the met at Goad blind like Stevie Wonder. He was holding a Lisha keys arm. At least she was gutting him around. At least you had to. Stevie won the braids. Oh my god, last night was a fantastic The Grand National Toy is an amazing toy. You know what I like seeing I like seeing people be unapologetically black at the highest levels. Yeah, okay, yeah, because that crowd was how many percentage of white people you think? Es? Oh?
Speaker 2: I think it was about maybe like a good sixty five. Yeah, And they knew everywhere to everything but the beauty of.
Speaker 3: Kendrick, and beauty especially Kendrick. He's not He's never conformed, so he's not he's not doing anything to appease anybody. He's making the art that he wants to make, and it's unapologetically black, and you either like it you love it. Or you don't like it, but it seems like a lot of people love it. Was in the met Life last night having a ball.
Speaker 1: Yes, my kids went last night. They they said they really enjoyed it. My daughter is a huge Scissor fan, so she says she loved it. She was like, Scissor can really sing live. It sounded amazing. So they had a great time last night. I took the kids to go I worked. I took the other kids to go see Wicket on Broadway. So we went to go see Wicket on bro Have you seen it yet? No?
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: It was great. It was long, It was long for the younger kids, but it was it was really, really, really really good.
Speaker 3: We had a great time last night.
Speaker 1: Show started at seven and died at about ten ten same yeah, ten ten.
Speaker 4: No, eleven forty five yes, four times like church.
Speaker 3: And by the way, if you're going to the show tonight, they start on time. One time. Yesterday, it must have started at I think seven fifteen.
Speaker 2: He goes into seven forty five five, not eight or one, but eight, no, eight, not eight, fourteen, eight fifteen, eight twenty eight fifteen on.
Speaker 3: The dye fifteen him and scissors show is intertwine and then get off stage at like ten forty five, so they are not playing in no way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: And when they are done, you look at the clock, it's literally eleven forty five, ten forty five. It felt like I'm still tired. Yes, this is the make up from last night and this thousand from last night. But you know how fit nobody really nobody really saw me.
Speaker 1: Now you saw me.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm wearing this right by the way. We Chris was killing it last night. They walked in like they was about to perform after Mustard, like it was gonna be muted. Chris and Jess and you class, thank you we did.
Speaker 1: It was part of the show last night where they got.
Speaker 3: A sketch and says it turns this Kendrick and goes all your fans of Mexican. Chris goes, that's tough, that's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Then Chris walks up the eggs like he was like, thank we got wings, and I'm like, excuse me, but come on, that's not the first thing I've never reded this man. Yes, I was like, come on, man, come on, come on stop, it's not Tuesday. Jo No, he wasn't taco even seriously, he loved tacos and you know all that.
Speaker 3: Stuff we had. We had a good time. It was a real My daughter is a huge Sisson fan. It's the second Sister concert I've been to in two years because I go to the Soos show last year and her and her friends want to go to see Sissy again this year. And they went create her friends.
Speaker 2: You know, love is cool.
Speaker 3: She like real cool.
Speaker 2: Her friends went crazy when says they popped up out that ground, all the girls.
Speaker 3: Everybody it was.
Speaker 2: She's like, literally like the black Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you so loud.
Speaker 2: Why is Chris Chris? Yes, like she's like the black Sailor Swift. Like everybody screamed, and I know we got get into show that white.
Speaker 3: But Lauren walked.
Speaker 4: Through the Lauren was there, yes, but she came in.
Speaker 2: Why did Charlamagne like run up to us when we came in right Me and Chris got there a second, he went up to us. Yo, guess what I said? Well, he was like, Lauren got her hair done. I'm like, why is this the PSA and why are you so don't ever say that like, oh okay, she's getting her hair done.
Speaker 3: All ever won it was a Black Grand National Jesus.
Speaker 1: All right, Well today on the show, Miss Pat will be joining us.
Speaker 3: Big that Miss Pat was.
Speaker 1: It comes back Wednesday ten pmm B E T and MBA Greedy will be joining.
Speaker 3: I'm Greedy getting a lot of money. I'm Greedy is the CEO of Good CEO and co found a Good American. She's a founding partner of Skims and she has a h of. She got a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Say she got I'm a dope. I like him. She's really dope.
Speaker 1: Let's get the show crack and start off with some Jesse kendrick Man and Sisster. You got a drinking sister thirty thirty every day morning, everybody the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. Set up with some sports and Timberwolves meet the Warriors last night one seventeen to ninety three.
Speaker 3: All right, what's up Morgan?
Speaker 2: One and a happy Friday year.
Speaker 3: How you feelings, Morgan? That's black and Holly favorite. How are you man?
Speaker 6: I'm doing good. I love to hear it. All right, so let's get into it.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 6: Stup on the front page, a new Pope has been elected, and he's an American from Chicago the South Side.
Speaker 3: To be exactly shot drill oh.
Speaker 6: Now, Pope Leo the fourteenth is the first American pope and Catholics in the Catholic Church's history. White smoke rose from the chimney of the sixteen Chapel round six pm yesterday, Vatican time, deafening cheers and bells rang, with tens of thousands of people packed in Saint Peter's Square to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: The sixty nine year old was formerly Cardinal Robert Francis Provost, born and raised in Chicago's South Side, and he then selected that name Leo. His brothers John and Lewis Provos shared how they felt following the announcement.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to them.
Speaker 7: It's totally out the world, totally solo, and it's a tremendous, tremendous thing to take in.
Speaker 3: But it's something to be very proud of.
Speaker 2: Shocking, surprising, exciting.
Speaker 3: I'm almost speechless. It's just mind blowing that my brother was elected pope. I'm gonna be honest with you, I have no idea what any of this means. I didn't know what the Pope's nationality was before, but it was no American never, just the first time, so this is a big deal.
Speaker 4: So in America, Yeah, he was from South America.
Speaker 6: It only took two days and five rounds, four votes, four cardinals to select the new pope. More than one hundred and thirty cardinals from around the world have cast their ballots to replace Hope Francis now Leo. Interesting facts about him. He attended Villanova in Philadelphia. He was also in Peru for two decades, where he became a bishop and naturalized citizen of the country. He's been serving in the Vatican, where he oversaw a selection of new bishops, and he's been seen as the centrist and on some key issues social issues, as he is also viewed as progressive.
Speaker 4: Interesting fact.
Speaker 6: A noted genealogist says that Pope Leo Is the fourteenth has an ancestry of Creole ancestry of color with roots from New Orleans on his mother's side.
Speaker 4: The US Census shows that Robert Hope, Yeah, his.
Speaker 6: Late mother was a mixed race daughter of a Haitian born father and a Creole mother. Yeah, yeah, absolutely so, I think I think that's just some interesting facts.
Speaker 4: About the pope.
Speaker 6: It doesn't look like we have much time for the next story, but I will say that Transportation, Sean's Transportation Secretary, Sean Duffy, is calling for a massive investment in the country's air traffic control system, and we talked about it yesterday. As a matter of fact. I'll just get more into that and the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: So the pope like a priest, like like like, what kind of reverence is He's not royalty? Right, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: Yes, he is the highest priest and they call him Holy Father.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They say after God is the pope. That's what they say. So what about Jesus, Well, that's what I mean, after God in Jesus, Yes, Jesus Highest.
Speaker 3: What about Moses? Come on, now, the pope can't be third.
Speaker 8: And on.
Speaker 3: The Bible, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know the right department. That's two different departments, the right.
Speaker 3: Department the Bible. Like, I mean, I don't know. Have he walked the water and he turned you know, water in But he did say that he said the knicks are gonna win.
Speaker 1: He said he put his arm around Jalen Brunts and Heart and Macaal Bridges because they all went to Villanova, so he knows them well, and he says, the Knicks got it this ship.
Speaker 3: How old is he?
Speaker 4: Don't have a white band, which is interesting. It's a white Sox fan Chicago.
Speaker 3: As the Louis fare Count. How old is he? What? Yeah? I just felt like doing that.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, let's see what you did?
Speaker 3: Yes? What else? Morgan? That's it?
Speaker 1: Everybody else, go see you next time. I'm sorry, Morgan. The class out last night and they had little tipsy. That's, you know, sorry, And.
Speaker 4: He's sixty nine, jests he's sixty nine, young, little young.
Speaker 2: Ah little here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the oh my goodness, get it off your chest. Eight undrink five a black Grand National eight undrink five eight five one O five one, Get it off your chest. Let us know how you feeling. Have you ever been to work with a drug coworker? Maybe that's how you build right now. Oh boy, it's gonna be a long one. It's the breakfast pause. Oh god, dang, it's the breakfast the breakfast club. Your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or black, something to get up and get something, call up now.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one we want to hear from you on the Preface Club as well.
Speaker 3: He has real morning.
Speaker 10: Do they you have with you?
Speaker 3: Sir? Oh, I'm doing well. How are you, sir? How are you? Oh?
Speaker 10: You know what this is? Yeah, this is mister.
Speaker 3: Show money, mister show money money without something, mister going on?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Bro Yo Envy?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I'm about to rap on the show man.
Speaker 10: I'm about to go on talking about the deliberables and our post prospection. I need a couple of cars and I got two seeds. Like I've been hearing you up, trying to get a couple of cars. I ain't. He's not trying to put this thing together.
Speaker 3: My cars. Uh, they don't do video shoots.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, not your cars.
Speaker 3: Come on, what you mean you're going to follow over your car for a video show? Offset too?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yo yo, he farry borrow car.
Speaker 3: You can't let anybody borrow car.
Speaker 1: That was a long time.
Speaker 3: I was always yes, mister show money.
Speaker 10: Hey, what's going on, Jeff?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry we have what you what's that?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you know they so ruled.
Speaker 10: Let me set to the lady on the show.
Speaker 3: Listen, Charlemagne, Yes, sir, I got a new.
Speaker 10: Segment for you.
Speaker 5: You remember when we were kids, they.
Speaker 10: Had that show Kids should.
Speaker 5: Have done this thing?
Speaker 3: You remember that show?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, I got a new segment for y'allre you ready?
Speaker 3: Uh huh? Envy? What the hell?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 10: Sometimes invY say things and that's the segment. You know something, you know? Even what the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the beauty and all the envy, he don't he do it. He don't do it on purpose. That's what makes it funny. He just retarded.
Speaker 5: That's that's why the segment.
Speaker 3: You can't use that word retarded, sir. That's why I call him little Red. What's hardy? Who said that? Got you deaf? I didn't even say it with hard exactly.
Speaker 1: That man didn't even say no.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 5: Listen real quick for y'all, hang up on me, Charlamagne, Hold, we gotta go.
Speaker 3: They said we're gonna have They said, don't answer that respectful now.
Speaker 1: To hang up on him.
Speaker 3: He's there.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello, mister, Hello, Hello, yeah, hellosten real quick. I can tell the man I'm asking you will, why even do it? I know you be fining people about this.
Speaker 5: I knew a little bit of help. I'm at the end of the rope.
Speaker 10: Can I said out my cash at tell you why the hell?
Speaker 5: Okay my cash at is king k I E G s H I M M King Sham know you why yes s H I M M Mary And saw my Instagram page.
Speaker 1: Mister show money, you're throwing some money, sharlot.
Speaker 10: I'm in post forduction. I'm in I'm in post production. I'm trying to get this thing out there this summer and then little better get to the finish line.
Speaker 1: All right, my brother, A little bit of help, Charlie, you help me get to the finish line.
Speaker 3: Of respect to you, show money.
Speaker 10: The listen, I ain't listen.
Speaker 3: You gona get to this five dollars.
Speaker 10: I ain't trying to you know, come on, any you know you sure love?
Speaker 1: I got six years?
Speaker 3: Sorry you get you give it about five for no reason? Come on, man, you ain'ty five grand for no reason. A bunch of people money up here on the r He gave somebody five thousand dollars for no reason. We did to be a reason.
Speaker 5: Remember that man, that man gave me some you crown on for five had doing the house thou Oh.
Speaker 1: My goodness, so I think a family that I think a family's house burned down or something like that, and they didn't have no money and no toys.
Speaker 3: No, never heard that one.
Speaker 5: Not that I ain't never heard no noy envy when you catch up the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah that happened to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you're talking about cash cash hell five thousand dollars? Yeah, thank You don't even know you can send that much. Yeah, I said, send somebody wrong money?
Speaker 3: Ye had?
Speaker 1: It was like yeah, it was like S S and I just put S.
Speaker 3: And I sent him five. Get back. You was paying for the services. I did. Get it back. It's services, guys.
Speaker 1: If you're just listening Charlemagne and Jess with the see Kendrick last night Charlomage drunk, That.
Speaker 3: Is not true. St I'm making other stuff on this radio.
Speaker 1: See the last night.
Speaker 3: I want to go see them drunk. I did cocaine. You're drunk. You don't do no alcohol.
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight one o one. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. She's calling eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Drive out what you need had with heavy, So go bother you, Charlomagne.
Speaker 1: Yes, he went to go see Kendrick last night.
Speaker 3: I went to go see that any drunk, the greatest lyricist of our generation, this general whatever generation. Hey, charl let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say you so, sir, whenever you get the j cole sweet come all, let me all right.
Speaker 3: I would never know. That's no disrespect to Ja, that's all. I just would not do that. But that's disrespect. I respect Coca from the Carolina. That's just not That is disrespect. You said I would never not like Okay, I wouldn't just say never. I just know I wouldn't. That is I must you feeling.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: They had a little drumk over there. Watch your butt.
Speaker 3: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: I better watch my butt. That's why you helped, will not help watch my You.
Speaker 3: Gotta wash your butt. Why would you watch your butt? Yeah, looking like somebody first lady, look like somebody first lady from a crooked church. Try, I'm sorry the shady you're sure about the husband going to prison?
Speaker 6: Try?
Speaker 1: They drunk. They all dunk up there, Lauren came up here looking very mysterious.
Speaker 5: I thought he was having a ball.
Speaker 2: Then you.
Speaker 1: Do make you serious. One guy on sun glasses.
Speaker 3: Is the only one is that people see you on. Yes, they still look good. All that you're good, You're good. Try what you called it for?
Speaker 10: Well, I wanted to talk about someone, but y'all tell that, y'all, little, y'all.
Speaker 3: Little tell us, try what you want to talk about, glad.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't want to talk about walking contradictions.
Speaker 3: This morning, right, Okay, we all are.
Speaker 10: So, I know y'all heard about the white lady that raised all that money calling him the.
Speaker 3: Little boy the N word, yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: And then so my cousin is like super upset about that, right, and which what was he showed me.
Speaker 3: As a black man, which I upset about it.
Speaker 5: But he's the same cousin that LANs got a huge argument because he likes to.
Speaker 3: Use the F word like the Fragle Mackett.
Speaker 5: I was telling him, like, bro, you can't be using the slurs towards communities and then get upset where somebody used the slur towards community like you're part of the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can. I would call you that say, you shut up and didn't call you that right there?
Speaker 6: Trap?
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, I I din't white white thought you that get mad at.
Speaker 3: You put a little but you told me my lesson.
Speaker 1: Is Wow. The show said he wasn't drunk last night, it was cocaine.
Speaker 3: Then he said his wife sticks him some joking. Gosh, which what you're joking about? Though? Why you got your should out?
Speaker 1: Why lord show?
Speaker 3: Yes you know what you look like. You you got dress board town show like your mama, like this is your big break? Lauren said, show him you.
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 3: And I came to Delaware the lawn coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, guys again if you just joining us. They took a class ship to go see Kendrick and they all twisted.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Look, I said, do you have the leads?
Speaker 3: You don't even know?
Speaker 2: She look, I want to know how to No, no, no, what we're gonna talk about last night because we got to talk about Drake because Universal Music Group is hitting back at his lawsuit that he amended. Remember, he talked about the super Bowl in the world the word pedophile, which, by the way, no one, I mean Kendrick didn't say at the super Bowl everybody in the Superad and last like us, I was about.
Speaker 4: To say last night, everybody where we was at set it too.
Speaker 3: Everybody, you can't get around it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get into the what their position in there their strike back.
Speaker 3: Very disrespectful record and be honest with you, not like us, but it go up with all them people, almost disrespectful dis record all time crazy. It's the greatest dish record, but it might be the most disrespectful when you really break it down word.
Speaker 2: For word, it really might be the most all those accusations, I think we make it more disrespectful of just how hard to beat go like it's just such a fop, like you just gotta got sorry.
Speaker 1: We have ladies Lawrenen coming up as the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning the Breakfast Club. I just wanted y'all know that justin camer Man Low that was on the screen with Cosson not earlier this week, even wear in the same pants all week.
Speaker 1: I just told to get jackets warning everybody was dj n V Jess Hilary not even.
Speaker 3: Jeans, they pinscribed dress pants.
Speaker 1: He said he's in a way. I'm until he meets Consonatamus met exactly. They want to meet him again in those pants and you got to cut that up. You're gonna wash the you be watching.
Speaker 3: No, he ain't been washing the kinky all right, Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lauren becoming the Street Past. She gets them from somebody that knows somebody, she gets to detail.
Speaker 4: I'm a girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest times the latest with Laurence la Rosa. Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: The leader the Breakfast Club, I forget they coming to put my computer over on the other side of the mic. Okay, so Drake. Universal Music Group has now responded to Drake. So you guys, remember when we reported up here that Drake amended his lawsuit after the super Bowl and the Grammys went down and said, I told y'all that this was a big orchestrated plan to promote this song on these big stages and its defamation because it's happened. The allegedly Universal Music Group knows what they're doing by doing it. The biggest stage was the super Bowl and then at the Grammys when they played the song. Because he's saying that they're on that big stage people all over the world were allowed to be exposed to him being called a pedophile. Ye. Right, So Universal Music Group is saying this is astonishing and this is a very wild conspiracy because if you go back to the super Bowl stage, it did not include the lyric Drake or none of his associates were called a certified pedophile, which is the whole reason why this defamatory lawsuit has come about. And the focus needs to be on the fact that this large audience that Drake is talking about, they said that on their own.
Speaker 4: Kendrick Lamar never said that on the stage. Now I will say.
Speaker 2: They did mention in their amendment Drake's team that the fact that Kendrick did not say it, it shows that Okay, hey, obviously you guys know that this word is wrong and shouldn't be said because why can't you say it? But Universal Music Group is like, listen that, we ain't got nothing to do with that. It's a this song you engaged, so now he's engaging. You were successful when you did it before, Now he's been successful successful.
Speaker 3: What is the big issue? Yeah, Drake just need to shut the ff And I want Drake to know that there's no bigger stage than culture. As Kendrick said, you can't fake influence. Way before the Grammys, wait, before the super Bowl, that record was already out of here, Okay, and Drake gonna have to sue the world because I watched everybody in MEDLFE Stadium singing that song word for word. Kendrick didn't have to say a word. He did say a word at all.
Speaker 4: I was about say everybody sent it them.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn.
Speaker 2: I was coming into the suite, as back into the suite as it was like starting up, and people were literally running because they were waiting for that because I think it got dark and then it came back up.
Speaker 4: People were running because they wanted to see the moment.
Speaker 3: And as you hear, I see that people.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: How many times did you performing.
Speaker 3: Most disrespectful dis record of all time? When you really listen to it and you listen to the things that he's saying, it's very, very disrespectful. I know that there's been disrecords that are talking about killing people and sleeping with people's wives and all that type of stuff, but that that not like us, is very nasty.
Speaker 1: It is nasty, but you know.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you nothing beats youphor you crazy performed the last night too, that was you want to diss people.
Speaker 1: So he's doing still in the stage and she walks out exchange.
Speaker 2: Then they come together for like Luther, like the songs that they had together. Yeah, and they interact, but they like they used the whole stage.
Speaker 3: Set up to the stage. Favorite part of yourphor you mine? Yeah, my god, I don't know like what he says. Uh, let you know, I'm the biggest hater. I hate the wait that you walked away you talk. I hate don't wait that you wait. It's gonna be break.
Speaker 2: It's just nast I love Charllemagne. Charlemagne last night and him right now. My favorite versions of you.
Speaker 3: And Moisturizer shoulder.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's very well moisturized. It's very well moisturized. Baby shout set a field.
Speaker 1: Yes it is, that's what came up.
Speaker 2: He looked at Lauren period.
Speaker 4: I hate the way that you want whyte I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I'm like that. Yesterday I posted on my answer story that my hair girl was here doing my hair. He gonna respond with all the preying and that's.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You got this man telling the internet when you're gonna get your hand done and everything.
Speaker 4: I said, she didn't have to be live and get that.
Speaker 1: Don I'll continue, continue.
Speaker 2: They're gonna say, I'm going wait till this. I said, he didn't already seen it. But I do want to mention that the shows at the Medlife Stadium in Jersey are sold out nights and it's a real sold out crowd as well too, because I was also looking to see that, because sometimes they'll say sold out in some seats are like blocked out. No, it's a like the seats are super full from top to bottom. So shout out to Kendrick Lamar. And today is the last day of what what go ahead? I had multiple days, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I've been to met Life when Ed Sharon was dead. Sharon had every seat they did have seats blocked off last night and I ain't gonna let you sit up.
Speaker 4: See I took multiple videos there was show me here.
Speaker 2: I have like ten dues behind the stage, just my life behind the stage that don't count.
Speaker 1: Sharing selves behind the stage.
Speaker 4: Felt like behind the stage don't count because there's no view. You can't see anything.
Speaker 2: Build the stage differently like if you know it. They were building stage differently. I think I've never been to a concert where behind the stage was to sell out based off the amount of tickets that they with Chris Brown, they that you said they don't block off any seats.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, that wasn't true. They did.
Speaker 2: But I've been to concerts where even in the so you might have behind the stage, but like the full top, like they take the full top rows and you only got like that bottom section of the arenas or wherever you are, like the full top is blocked out in black and you can see it, and it's out there for the right reduction purpose because they had the camera shooting like the way they're shooting it. Yeah, nobody, you know what I'm saying, but shoot from behind the stage for a certain like panoramic view. You couldn't have did that. If they didn't, I think behind the stage was open, it would have been sold out as well. Like the butts were there.
Speaker 3: All I know. It was a fantastic show. Sissy and Kendrick are two unapologetically black people. I love seeing people be unapologetically black at the highest levels.
Speaker 2: Well, I do want to mention today is the last day in the Didy trial of the jeye selection. So today they should get down to those twelve drawers in the alternates and then Monday, the twelfth is when the actual trial will start, So opening statements begin Monday.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, one of my journalist friends that's there all the time as well text me and let me know people were actually sleeping and camping out Sunday night because they want to make sure that Monday morning they're able to get into that court like.
Speaker 3: The stink as room.
Speaker 4: I'm going, but I'm not sleeping out.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to sleep out, but you're going tonight and Monday today, Today, you're going today, and I'm going today and Monday.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all saw this picture fifty posted yesterday? Yes, it is so when you posted a Shaan City comes to jury selection for trial is finally completing. It's all difference, my god, crazy. Yeah, but you gonna have to get this together. You got to ignore it, junkie. You're just making up stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm over here, fine, I am so hating on the seat that arrangement. I wasn't hating on the seat, and you just you just said something that just wasn't accurate.
Speaker 3: I don't want people to cap on you for saying something that wasn't accurate because there was a whole section blocked out. But what just said it's true. It's because of the way the production was set up.
Speaker 2: You wasn't even thinking that. You were just so worried about making sure that what I said was not correct.
Speaker 3: Because people be ready to jump on you for saying things that I correct.
Speaker 4: You're right, Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: You know, what are you still seeing? Like Matt Gala office that you didn't see before? Because the Keith staff fell tore down.
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 2: I was like, yo, where was he at? I thought it was because I didn't see I thought, yo, he looked good. But happy birthday, shaboozy.
Speaker 3: Birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, so it's a favorite artist. You saying that if Jesse he was handsome and okay, he like the way that he walks.
Speaker 3: Sorry that I love the way that you walked away.
Speaker 2: I love you should have went.
Speaker 1: Guys, if you're just joining us, the classroom went to go see Kendrick and sinceil last night they did a lot of drinking, So it's gonna be a long shot. You stop saying that and they're drinking that and when we because I took my kids to go see Wicked on Broadway.
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't with you guys. You dude, you are five wicked hours long. I want to go see He wanted to ride the broomstick after. I want to be a Wicked with you. It was so bad, that's what she said. Knees Adma greedy. When we come back, we're gonna read.
Speaker 2: You told me it was greedy.
Speaker 3: They told me that he was silent. No, no, she said greedy. That's what I said. Yeah, she said, anyway, the entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: She's the founding partner of Skims, you know, the company with Kim kardash. I wanna talk to her next. She has a new podcast. And I'm sorry, guys, this is a Friday's gonna be a long day. I got something too.
Speaker 3: I got something shout out and m B.
Speaker 1: Go morning, wake up.
Speaker 3: You're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage and the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Last night in NBA the Simple World with the Wards one seventeen ninety three. Now, I want to start off with apologizing to you, miss Morgan, the class is drunk.
Speaker 3: I just want to put that out. Don't coming me like that.
Speaker 4: That Friday feeling.
Speaker 2: It's a good let's get into it.
Speaker 1: I'm high, right, I was closed.
Speaker 3: I was closed, like we have a bunch of drunks, like we don't have money for real drugs. Oh my good.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 6: So, Transportation Secretary Shawn Duffy is calling for a massive investment in the country's air traffic control system. He said it's old and not worth saving. Duffy said he will ask Congress, who holds the purse we know that, to grant upfront appropriations for all money needed to update technology and equipment, which he.
Speaker 4: Said will be a three to four year long effort.
Speaker 6: The overhaul is expected to include new telecommunications and on radars on the ground, sensors for tarmacs, and a flight management system to improve efficiency in the air space. Let's take a listen to Sean Shan Duffy's comments.
Speaker 7: We believe we can do this in three to four years. It's probably closer to four than it is to three. But two things have to happen. One is we need the money, and two we have to have permitting reform of.
Speaker 6: Cour This comes after a series of issues have plagued the air traffic control system, including a recent communication issue which caused hundreds of flights to be disrupted at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I agree with that, because if the air traffic control systems and anything like some of these planes, then they have to be old and outdated, because you can just feel when you're on an old ass plane, and you also can feel when you on something that's more more modern. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only problem is what they're saying is is is they're saying to build a new system, it's going to be very difficult because they don't know if they could build a new system and have the old system working the proper way. So they're saying that might be a problem with issue, so they forget Yeah, exactly what a mighty.
Speaker 6: Called the it guys goodness all right. In presidential news, the US and the UK have a new trade deal. President Trump made the announcement at the White House yesterday morning, saying the UK is an important ally and he feels it will be a great deal for both countries. He also talked about working on getting a deal done with China. Let's take a listen to President Trump.
Speaker 11: The final details are being written up in the coming weeks. We'll have it all very conclusive. But the actual deal is a very conclusive one. We think just about everything's been approved. We'd like to see China opened up so we can compete in China and you know, give people something that they've never had, you know, access to something.
Speaker 6: So Trump went on to say he has a great relationship with President Chinese, President Chi and the Secretary trans Treasury Secretary excuse me, Scott Benson is set to meet with his Chinese counterpart in Switzerland to discuss trade this weekend. Meanwhile, the trade deal with UK that was it's the first to be reached since Trump's unveiled his sweeping tariff plan, and it's set to reduce tariffs on British cars to ten percent. It aims to increase market access for agriculture, beef and ethanol, and the deal is also said to increase pathways to pharmaceutical supply chains.
Speaker 3: What was that, No, you know, they said, he announced on whatever social media that this is a major trade deal, but it's not because he doesn't have the authority to sign the type of free trade agreement that Congress has to do that, so Congress has to approve a trade agreement, and that takes longer than the ninety day pause in place of some of Trump's traffs. Absolutely, so it's like the bare bones of a narrow agreement. So it'll be like months of negotiations in legal paperwork.
Speaker 6: The follow right, right, And it was such a huge you know, he made it out to be such a huge announcement as well. And if I can bring things to a serious note for you guys, because I know the class is acting up today as Mother's Day is upon us, I would love to bring some awareness to a topic that the Black Information Network is taking very seriously. The National Institutes of Health report that black maternal mortality rates continue to rise in the US, with Black women dying close to three times the rate of white women while pregnant.
Speaker 4: During or after delivery.
Speaker 6: Now, while this is why we're launching a public awareness campaign called Saving Black Moms a Maternal Health Crisis, bi IN will share a light on concerns surrounding black maternal health and efforts to address the problem. We spoke to Nicole Berryman, whose twenty six year old daughter Tiera, died days after delivering a healthy baby boy last November.
Speaker 4: Marymen is now raising her daughter's three children.
Speaker 6: We also spoke to maternal health advocate Thanna Hickman, who is a member of bim's Community Advisory Board and the founder of Viola's Health House, a South Dallas nonprofit that houses up to six homeless pregnant teens while providing other supporting services. Let's take a listen to their comments from Saving Black Moms a Maternal Health Crisis.
Speaker 8: They told me pneumonia, They told me stress, They told me maybe spasm. There was never a diagnosis. It was a maybe, and we communicated and nothing happened. They took her, they did the test for her heart. They came back and told me that it was stressed.
Speaker 12: If the household is stable, then the mother is stable enough to get to healthcare. The mother is stable, more stable with her mental health where she's not worrying about Okay, how.
Speaker 13: Am I going to provide for this baby?
Speaker 12: How am I going to get diapers for this baby? Economic stability pieces really really important through our social service agency because it directly impacts the social determinant of health.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's a reality, you know, it's a reality for a lot of moms, and moms deal with a lot of things, you know, a lot of different elements, whether it's just caring for the child, caring for themselves and making sure that you know they are in a decent you know, decent like she said, mental space to even just care for themselves or care for children. You can hear more from them and others connected to this issue starting on June's second, as we roll out that special and before I go, I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to.
Speaker 3: All the mothers.
Speaker 2: And all the mothers and the mother.
Speaker 6: Adjacents, because we know there are some women and men out you're raising some babies, you know, adjacently as a mother type figure.
Speaker 4: So that's your front page news.
Speaker 6: Follow me on social at Morgan Media and follow Black Information Network for more news coverage. Download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at b I nnews dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you Morgan Mother's Day, and I also want to tell y'all we have an Emma Gredy coming up next. But I'm not doing Donkey to Day today because it's Friday and you know you're drunk. I like No, it's not because I'm drunk. It's because I like opening up the phone line and giving the floor to the people and letting them do donkey to day on Friday. I know that God, God, God, all right, but right now one one hundred five and five, if you want to give somebody donkey to day, what's the numb again? One hundred five and five, one five one.
Speaker 1: Emma Greedy when we come back, I'm sorry, guys is tuned in the classroom is drunk. They went to go see Kendrick and says drunks.
Speaker 3: Stop telling people that what do you call it? Nothing? We are just happy.
Speaker 1: Life is good, God is good.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: He got on sunglasses like you Ray Challs or Stevie. One day, I can see your gate and Lauren looks mysterious.
Speaker 3: It's the club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club calling.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed we have Emma Green. Welcome, Thank you.
Speaker 14: I'm so happy to be here. Good morning all of you.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 14: I'm really good, actually very good today.
Speaker 1: Now you are the CEO and co founder of the Denim Company, A good American. I am a founding partner of Skims, co founder of Safely, And you have a new podcast coming out Aspire with Emma Green. I do, I do, indeed tell us how this all came about.
Speaker 15: Doing that?
Speaker 14: Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 16: Well, honestly, I'm so excited about the podcast. That's my newest, latest venture. And you know, I've spent my entire career building businesses, and so the idea around the podcast was really me thinking about how I can scale mentorship because wherever I go all over this country, if I'm doing a talk or if I'm walking down the street, people are constantly asking me questions like how do I start a business, how do I get a pay rise, how do I become the best version of myself? How do I negotiate better? And you know, I can answer a lot of dms, but there's only so much you can do. And so I'm really taking all of my knowledge, everything I've done, all of my network and trying to bring it to people in a digestible way. And I think that when you think about podcasting, it's a very very you know, broad medium, but there's a very narrow business viewpoint, very very narrow viewpoint, and especially when you get to business podcasting, it's all men. And so I'm bringing like a perspective of myself, of somebody who is self made, someone who's a self starter and has you know, come from where I come from with very little education, and I want to bring something to people that is tangible and that they can essentially take out. I want you to have something that's actionable when you leave this podcast, that you can take that back into where you work or back into your small business and do something with it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of where are you from?
Speaker 3: Where do you come from?
Speaker 14: Where do I come from?
Speaker 16: I come from East London in England, which is a bit like you know, I always think about it as you know, similar to Brooklyn or something like that. It's the most impoverished part of London. But I would say probably the best part of you said it.
Speaker 3: Like you're from Brooklyn, Yeah, East London. You have a network of three hundred and twenty or something like that, and you're from East London.
Speaker 14: I think that was last year's figures. But yeah, we'll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same babe, We're going out here.
Speaker 3: Would you did come from an impoverished area. I do, And you said yourself, me, yes, indeed. So how did you get to that point? What was the first thing that got you in the mix to get on that road? Having a network?
Speaker 14: I mean, I've had a job since I was twelve years old.
Speaker 16: I delivered the papers, I worked in a deli, I worked in close shops, I did all the things. But you know, my interest was really in fashion. That's where my passion was. But I didn't know anyone who had a business when I was old. I didn't even know the term entrepreneur. If you were an entrepreneur in where I come from, you were probably doing something very wrong. So that wasn't really an idea that I.
Speaker 14: Had growing up.
Speaker 16: But so for me, I started out like many people. I did a lot of work experience, so I tried to get into the fashion business. I assisted everybody. I worked in a lot of stores, and eventually I found myself in a fashion show production company, and so that was me creating the shows, like building the shows, the catwalks, a backdrops, and it was a very unfulfilling job, but you met everybody. So I did that for about four years, and after a while I started my own company doing that when I was twenty four years old, and it kind of grew from there.
Speaker 14: I did one company, I did another, I sold a couple companies.
Speaker 16: Fast forward to when I'm about thirty two, I managed to exit that business. So I spent you know, nearly ten years building that first company. Had my first serious, meaningful exit, meaning that I made some money for myself, and so I was financially secure, well company with it. That was called ITB and so, and it was amazing. It was like an entertainment marketing agency. So I worked with all the great brands and I would put talent in their campaigns, and I built a big company. We had offices in London, in Paris, in New York, in LA. I shut down in LA because I made a lot of mistakes, but it gave me the foundational knowledge to really get to where I am now. And then, of course, you know, I decided, after all that time and you know, creating a lot of value for other people and other brands, that I would do something for myself.
Speaker 14: And that's when I started Good American.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Good American which skims is under that and what else.
Speaker 16: No, it's not, they're totally separate, totally separate companies, separate companies, separate entities, separate shareholdings, separate that's the thing.
Speaker 3: And I was reading this and I started, you have like certain percentage in skins, you have a certain percentage in good America. You have a certain percentage and safely. And the reason I thought that was so dope is because we live in this era where people feel like you have to have one hundred percent of something to be an owner, to be a boss. But the reality is one hundred percent and nothing is.
Speaker 2: Nothing, nothing, nothing.
Speaker 16: And listen, here's the thing. I've done a very very good job because I divest my shareholdings. You don't want to hold a lot of money of a company. I've taken money off the table. I'm not looking to be rich when I'm seventy five years old. I want the money now. Yeah, And so I think that when you get valuations like a four billion dollar valuation, you take some money off the table. That's the sensible thing to do to divest your interests. And that's what I've done all along. And so I'm very happy with the shareholdings I have right now because I've catching the bank and that's what counts.
Speaker 1: How did that Skims company start? You know, people will know Skims because they're so huge. It's on it's sponsored by the NBA, So how did that come.
Speaker 16: We sponsored the NBA even the other way around, even better, So how did that company come about? So honestly, I think it came about from the relationship that I have with the family.
Speaker 14: And no, it wasn't my idea. It was Kim's idea.
Speaker 16: She wanted to create a shapewear company or an underwear company, and you know I had a business with the family, and so we decided to do it together.
Speaker 14: And the rest they say is history. It was, you know, the right thing at the right time.
Speaker 16: And you know, I think with any company, the stars, the stars have to align. We launched that company in a magical, magical time and it hit the kind of zeitgeist. It was the right company for the culture like at the moment, and so I think it was just a series of amazing things that happened and put it on the map.
Speaker 14: And here we are.
Speaker 2: That's amazing because even Good American is Chloe's Chloe's company, right.
Speaker 14: It's a partnership between me and Chloe.
Speaker 4: Yes, work well with the families to say check, check, check.
Speaker 3: I love that. And there's so many of them, so so many checks.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: And skims is redefined shapeware. Like, what was the biggest risk you took early on at Peter?
Speaker 16: You know, I think that Kim had a very clear idea of what she wanted to do and a very differentiated idea. And I think that that's what it's all about in business anytime, right, you have to have something that is unique and a unique point of difference to whatever's out there. And when I think about anything that we've done, whether we're talking about size inclusivity, or whether we're talking about the range from like a kind of you know, nude color range, like, we're always trying to do something.
Speaker 14: That doesn't exist in the market.
Speaker 16: And I think when you're solving problems, when you're creating solutions for people, that's when you know, you get that kind of breakthrough. That's when you get something that customers really go, oh, like, I need that. I have that problem and you guys are solving for it.
Speaker 1: What do you realize when it's time to sell a company, When do you say, Okay, this is where we have to exit.
Speaker 14: You know, I think that that is different for every company.
Speaker 16: And I've been in agency businesses and I've been in brand businesses. I think that what is often true is like your first after your first offer is often your best offer. And you shouldn't always think that there's something amazing coming around the corner. You have to sell things when they're on the up because it peaks right, and then then you've only got the downside to sell. And so when you've got that momentum, when you've got the forward swing, when you're in growth mode, as they say, that's when you need to think about selling or at least taking some money off the table.
Speaker 1: Do people in.
Speaker 3: Fashion really care about diversity or is it just good pr until like the next next?
Speaker 16: I mean, you could ask yourself, does anyone really care about diversity?
Speaker 14: I don't think it's just about fashion.
Speaker 16: I think there's definitely a certain amount of you know, performative action out there right for marketing purposes and actually good American And the reason I started that company was a reaction to that because I worked in the fashion business and I saw all these companies doing perform you know, like hiring one black girl in the campaign, and yet no one in that entire company was black, and I saw people like performatively putting a plus sized person in a campaign where they didn't even make the clothes for that person.
Speaker 14: The girls like clothes would be cut up the back because she couldn't even fit in the jeans.
Speaker 16: And so when we started Good American, the idea about it was to say, Okay, let's make a company that actually has these values, where the office and the people that run the business and the people that make the decisions and the people in the c suite are actually a reflection of the customer base. And I think that's what made Good Americans so successful, that it was actually walking the walk and not just talking the talk. If you were a Side twenty and you needed a pair of jeans, you have a tiny waist and a big bar, like you came to Good American and you could feel the difference in that product and people knew we were for real.
Speaker 3: Will It's like you said, that are tiny ways and a big bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we were working with.
Speaker 1: We're still kicking with, Emma Greed. Now you're also on Shark Tank, correct, I am, yes, absolutely. What do you look for when somebody is on Shark tanking and pitching some to you.
Speaker 14: You know, for me, it's always about the founder.
Speaker 16: It's always I you know, even when I think about hiring and investing, I'm like attitude over experience, because that's my experience. I'm not someone who comes from a place where you'd be like, I'm going to bet on her. And so I really want that person that is so passionate about their ideas, so crazy about it. They know everything about the competition, they know everything about what they're doing, and they are deep and they are into it.
Speaker 14: So I'm going for someone who like feels it intrinsically.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you, what was your most successful investment on shopping?
Speaker 14: Do you know it's this incredible?
Speaker 16: It's so funny that you are to that, because when I got onto that show, you know, you do a few investments.
Speaker 14: And I remember saying to Mark one day.
Speaker 16: When I haven't made any money out of any of this stuff, and he said, you know what, Emma, there'll be one and one of them will make you a bunch of money.
Speaker 14: And for me, that was Cake's body.
Speaker 16: These incredible two women that make like a silicone nipple cover.
Speaker 1: And of course, the.
Speaker 14: Minute I saw them I was like, I know that business. I understand this space, like I know I need that in my in my ket in my wardrobe.
Speaker 16: And they were doing just under a million dollars when I met them, and a year later one hundred and twenty million dollars.
Speaker 14: Well killed curious and just.
Speaker 16: So you know, just a couple of like regular girls that left their jobs and decided I'm going to do something for myself.
Speaker 3: Well, how often, because you know you're in these billion dollar rooms, right as a woman of color, yes.
Speaker 14: My dad's black moms, a mixed race, grat.
Speaker 3: You, how often do you still feel undeestimated every day?
Speaker 16: I mean, because I am underestimated every day, right, I think, Well, I mean listen, now it's a little bit different. Now I can walk into any room and people will bet on me, and people would want to invest in me. But I do think that you still, you know, I still think you're proving I'm proving myself every day.
Speaker 14: I never take anything for granted.
Speaker 16: Right, You're only as good as the last thing you did, And I'm constantly pushing myself into spaces.
Speaker 14: It's like I might be sitting here with you know, a bunch of great companies behind me. But I don't know. I'm not a good podcaster, you.
Speaker 16: Know, I'm just getting started, and so I don't take anything for granted. And that's why I always think that, you know, you've got to be humble, You've got to go into something with the spirit of, you know, trying your hardest and trying to be good. And I never let that leave me. I don't walk into anything expecting anything. I think you got to work for it every day.
Speaker 1: Is that why you want to do the podcast? Because you want to help people? Because you've got too many different jobs and you have girls, you have kids, you have a husband.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of ish going on.
Speaker 14: I have a lot of it is going on.
Speaker 16: No, you know, it really is because I think at a certain point, right you get to a place where you are financially comfortable. And also I proved to myself all the things I wanted to prove to myself. And now I think that the sign, you know, of success for me is how many people can come along like that are like me, that can come along and you can open the door for and that could actually have this sense of changing their life and building the life of their dreams because of something that I did, and I know that you know, people are looking to me, and I feel like it's honestly a responsibility and I don't want that to sound you know, trite or like something that feels disingenuous. Is I feel very very responsible for all the women that get in touch with me all the time because there is so much there are so many barriers, and there's so much out there that tells you that it's an impossibility, that there's not room for people, that your opinion doesn't matter. And I really think that leaning into my difference is really knowing and understanding where I come from and what is different and important about that. That's what's actually given me like space in these rooms. That's why people look to me and say what is your opinion about this? Because of where I've come from, And so I actually think is a superpower.
Speaker 1: What would you tell somebody that it's an entrepreneur, maybe a woman and trying to get into the space has an idea, but it just hasn't taken off as of yet. They can't get on shot tank and they just want some type of advice to say, how would you do it? How would you approach it?
Speaker 16: What would you tell that person, well, listen, the first thing is to start, because what you'll find is a lot of people talk about a lot of stuff and they haven't actually done it. And there's this idea that there's some perfect time, perfect set of circumstances.
Speaker 14: It's never perfect. And also this idea.
Speaker 16: We're in this culture right now where everyone thinks they have to raise a load of money, Like, don't don't raise any money, just do something, get out of the gate.
Speaker 14: We live in a world where social media and.
Speaker 16: Shopify has enabled us to start things very cheaply, and you can start small. Not everything needs to be a billion dollar business. Maybe you're trying to transform your circumstances and leave your corporate job, and actually a little bit of money, a little bit of revenue, will be transformative for you. So I would say, don't benchmark and measure yourself by some standard that actually isn't part of your existence. It's like, do something, get out of the gate, start it, and then you test and you learn into it, because nothing works immediately. If I think about the business that I started with Good American three SKUs of skinny denim and what it is today, the two things don't even look the same.
Speaker 14: They don't look the same. We change the size, we changed everything.
Speaker 16: The only thing you can't change in business is the reason that you ste right, It's like the very essence of what you do and your purpose has to remain the same. You iterate everything else transform on the way up. And so I think that that's a really important thing. It's like you just have to get out of the gate and start.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, you know, I think comparison to the defaioidal, yes, it is. So people will start something, but then they'll be looking at you, but they don't realize all the time you've already put in all the experience you've got, how that got you to this point. But they feel like if they're not doing what Emma's doing right now, they're not successful totally.
Speaker 16: And I think that that is just again, it's so much about the culture that we sit in right now. It gives you this idea that there's such a thing as overnight success, and I don't know any overnight successes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 16: Again, I have been working since I was twelve, and all of those experiences, you know, are so formative and they're.
Speaker 13: So in me.
Speaker 16: And it's like every single thing that you get leverage right. And when I talk about leverage, I don't just mean taking something that you've been given.
Speaker 14: It's like, what do you have?
Speaker 16: Well, I have my reputation right, and that reputation for delivering great business when I was in the agency business allowed me to go and raise money.
Speaker 14: I didn't know what private equity was. I would never have known how to go and raise funds.
Speaker 16: I went to a client that I'd consistently delivered good business for in my agency and I said, Hey, do you want to invest three million dollars in my business?
Speaker 4: And he was like, no, well i'll give you.
Speaker 14: I'll give you less than that, but I'll invest in you. But you know, I think that that is the thing. You know, You've got to be creative and you've got to work with what you've got.
Speaker 16: And I think so often we focus on what we don't have and where our lack is, and actually there is just that that is not worth your energy.
Speaker 14: You've got to figure out like where are you, what do you have? And how do you leverage?
Speaker 2: From that point, he says, you work with your husband.
Speaker 1: How is that?
Speaker 2: Because when it's so personal, that's your husband you wake up with what like, how is that? How are you guys able to separate?
Speaker 14: Well, we're not.
Speaker 16: Let me be honest with that, there's very little separation. The truth is that my husband was actually like one of my first investors. So I worked in a company where I set up a joint venture with them, and eventually, years later and down the line, I ended up marrying one of those guys.
Speaker 14: That's a great job. I have returned that investment.
Speaker 16: But I think the what's important about that is that we had a professional relationship before we ever had our personal relationship. And my husband's Swedish, and in Swedish culture, it is a very matriarchal culture. They really have so much respect for women, but they also really meet women halfway, like even to the point like in Sweden, when you take maternity leave, it's given to the couple. So if the woman wants to you know, you get a year, and if the woman wants to take six months and the husband takes six months, that's how you do it. But it's very usual in society that that happens. But what it means is that I've got someone who meets me, you know, he respects my ambition and he respects the fact that we have four kids.
Speaker 14: We have four kids together, and we do that together.
Speaker 16: So there's no expectation that I'm going to take some leading role, and nor do I quite honestly, we're.
Speaker 1: Still kicking them. With Emma Greed, entrepreneur, foundly partner of Skims and she has a new podcast, Aspired with Emma Greed Charlomagne, Where did you learn financial literacy?
Speaker 14: You know, that's a really good question. I think when you come from scarcity, you have a really good appreciation for money because we didn't have any, and so I knew the price of everything, right, because it's like I knew what we didn't have, and my mum would budget, Like she'd sit at the table and she'd be like, this is what we are for grossries. This is what we've got to keep the lights on. So I knew what money was.
Speaker 16: And I used to see her back in those days, you know, you'd write checks, and so i'd see her do the check book and I'd be on the calculator, and so money was just like a thing that I understood at a very young age. And also it was cash then, right, so you'd like count the cash, and that gave me a relationship with it. I'm dyslexic, and so I had a very hard time when I started my business understanding how the money would link together, like between the margins and the profit and the E but I would be to me, it was like scrambled eggs. And then again when I got into e comm, everything is acronyms, you know, talking about AOV and the UPT and the LOV, and I would be like, I.
Speaker 14: Don't get this.
Speaker 16: But I think the thing for me is that I'm naturally curious, and so I would just ask a lot of questions. And I learned by just asking, like just like I'm never scared to be the dumbest person in the room.
Speaker 14: I'm like, what does that mean? How does that work? How does that go together? And so I just like learned on the fly.
Speaker 16: And I think that being naturally cautious about money meant that even when I got investors, I spent.
Speaker 14: Their money like it was my own, meaning that I'm fru got, like I am tight. I'm just holding all the money all the time. And I never like flashy with the cash.
Speaker 16: Even now when I am a bit flashy with the cash, it's like I know the cost of everything, No one can buy anything in my house and me not be like what was that, you know, because there's a special price for everything in bel Air.
Speaker 14: My toilet breaks. They're like, oh, hi, you know, it's the bell Air price and I'm like, no, this is what we're paying, you know. So I'm like very aware of everything.
Speaker 3: How much power do you have in these partnerships.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, I don't really think about it in terms of power.
Speaker 16: We're partners and we do different things, and so I have, you know, good American I'm the CEO, and so I make all the decisions as the CEO would in any company. In Skims, it's very very different, and Kim plays a very very hands on role. My role is across everything product related, so design, merchandising, production planning. That's a part of the company I run. And I see my role as really like making Kim's vision come true. She's like, this is really what I want to see. I want to make a nipple bram. No, I'm going to make the best nipple bra with the best margin, and we're going to make hundreds of thousands of them.
Speaker 2: So that is what I do.
Speaker 1: Question which your podcasts or you're going to have guests on a podcast, and who's coming on a podcast.
Speaker 16: We've got so many amazing guests on the podcast. So we launched yesterday with Gwyneth Paltrow and Melody Hobson, and Melody is my business idol. So I really wanted to make sure that we could come out of the gate with someone that I've learned from and also someone that I believe is you know, Melody is a one of one. She is not just one of the best black business women in the country, she's just one of the best business people in the country.
Speaker 14: Former chair of Starbucks. I mean, she is just so incredible.
Speaker 16: And she spent her entire career at one place, thirty years in one company, and I think that there's some really amazing learnings for that.
Speaker 14: She went in as an intern.
Speaker 16: Born on the South Side of Chicago, you know, one of five kids, five kids, right, she's one of five, and she is just single mom. Again, the most incredible woman went into this company as an intern, and now she owns a very very meaningful part of a fourteen billion.
Speaker 14: Dollar, you know, private equity business. And so I look at that and like my mind is blown.
Speaker 16: And then again, Gwenneth, I thought so interesting because for so many women, they're starting businesses from something that they're passionate about, and also they're trying.
Speaker 14: To do a pivot. And if you are, you know, working your corporate.
Speaker 16: Job and you want to just change completely and do something different, I thought she would be a really interesting benchmark to look at. How do you just completely rip it up and say I'm going to start something new. So I was really I was really happy to have those first people. But I also think that women have a lot to learn from men right in business, and so I'm really going to be focused on a lot of different men coming through. And so we have Michael Rubern, I've got Mark Cuban, I have the wonderful You, and.
Speaker 14: Some find Charlomagne's coming on and I'm so happy.
Speaker 16: So I've just got like a bunch of really incredible guests, And it's really about people that I know, I respect, and those that.
Speaker 1: I aspire to.
Speaker 3: If you haven't guess because you can talk, you're good talking. You're good talking.
Speaker 14: One is one is hoping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how you evaluate celebrity influence versus product quality when you're trying to build brand trust?
Speaker 14: How do I evaluate it? I mean it's an interesting question.
Speaker 16: Actually to me, I don't even think about Listen, influence will only take you so far. Right, you can drive a customer to product once, so I will could love you, Charlemagne, and you could be trying to sell me something, and because of the strength of how much I love you, I'll go and buy your product. If your product doesn't perform for me, I'm not buying it again. And the strength of a business is the strength of the lifetime value of that customer. How many times are they coming back to you over and over again, And that's how you build affinity with customers. And so after a while, the influence is useless if the product is not good. So the two only work in terms of the acceleration of the talent can only work for the product if the product is good, because customers are too smart, like, no one's going to buy things that are not good.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I want to ask you some skims again. I remember the love.
Speaker 14: Skims were looking at Okay, but are you wearing skims?
Speaker 2: You know we have men.
Speaker 4: So away like, yes, I'm on now once again we have.
Speaker 14: We don't discriminating.
Speaker 16: I'll get you some products, okay, Okay, can you get into the product place for this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Absolutely I will deliver.
Speaker 3: I remember them saying Kanye was a ghost creative director for Skims.
Speaker 14: Oh lord, you're not going to You're not going to do that to me today?
Speaker 3: Are you immer seeing it?
Speaker 16: When I come here, were my energy and my voice and all my things. I'm here to talk about me.
Speaker 14: Don't do that to me now, please?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good. No one, what are you doing? You're getting the skins down. She's she handled it the way you should handle it. When you don't want to answer a question, just don't answer it. There's nothing wrong with it. I love it. As these DEI initiatives are being rolled back in government and corporations, have those pressures changed how you approach the AI for your business.
Speaker 16: Absolutely not, in fact never, And I really lean into that because I know that honestly. It's the diversity in my business is a superpower. It's been a superpower for me. And you know, you guys probably know. I'm the chairwoman of the fifteen Percent Pledge, and we work with brands all over this country to essentially advocate for them to take fifteen percent of their annual spend and give that to black owned businesses, and so we've put over fourteen billion dollars of opportunity into the hands of black founders and entrepreneurs all over this country. And when I look at those, this is a business proposition. Isn't a nice to have, This isn't a fun to do. This isn't a tick on some charter somewhere. This is about having more relevance with your customer base. And I know that if you walk into Sophora now versus walking into Sephora or five years ago, it's not just better for black women or women of color who can find a product. It's better for everyone because everyone can go in there and buy those products. Black businesses aren't just for black people, Nora a Latina businesses, Nora any businesses. So I actually think that when we talk about some of this stuff, we lose sight of what we're actually talking about. We're talking about more choice, better for customers, and that's what women looks like.
Speaker 14: So it's like we really shouldn't like.
Speaker 16: I think it's so crazy that people would try to think about these things. It's like nice to have. It's like, do you want to make more money or not? I make more sizes and more colors. I have more customers, don't behave.
Speaker 3: Hold on expound on that, Like, do you ever get out of explaining why diversity in the market are we talking about?
Speaker 14: It's pretty simple, It's really simple stuff.
Speaker 16: It's like we're trying to be more dynamic, We're trying to be more differentiated.
Speaker 14: We're trying to bring more people through outdoors. Who cares? Who is who they are?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 14: Like, I don't, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Why limit yourself? Why limit? Why not? Whyden? The customer will be a hundred. Wow, there you have it. I enjoyed this conversation. Now where can they listen to the podcast?
Speaker 16: You can listen to it everywhere you get your podcasts. Please go you know, Apple, anywhere, YouTube. We're going to be everywhere.
Speaker 3: And thank you for joining us so much. Make sure you send them some skims extra small.
Speaker 1: I'll send you all. Yeah, no, I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Pleasingly A large. Definitely not get you an ex Excel.
Speaker 2: We'll figure out.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast club. Good morning. A Well, let's get to the latest with Lauren Loen.
Speaker 1: You come on the street there.
Speaker 3: She gets them from somebody that knows somebody detail I'm a.
Speaker 4: Long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the late starting opportunities with Laarl la Rossa. Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit every time.
Speaker 4: It's the leader on the breakfast club, Sit me okay.
Speaker 2: So Bill Gates, Uh, he announced that he is giving away all of his money when he passes away. And he actually announced this before back in twenty twenty two, that when he passed away that his kids were basically getting nothing, He's gonna leave him a little something. So he decided and he announced a plan for how this giveaway is going to happen. So he has an estimated of an estimated worth of like two hundred.
Speaker 3: Billion dollars too much damn money that when.
Speaker 2: He passes away, he says he's going to give it all to charity. So the way that this is going to happen is he's going to shut down the Gates Foundation on December thirty first, twenty forty five. That is the foundation that he had started with his ex wife that works on like you know, they get back wheney to like community and in different aids. So he says that he plans to give away all of this money over the over the next twenty years. What what is y'all got to pay attention.
Speaker 3: What is happening?
Speaker 5: I know what she.
Speaker 2: No like that, no liken and oh my god, I I got to spell it out very specifically at this road.
Speaker 4: You don't say some friend, yeah.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: To see last night and everybody is twisting justice that Charlamagne and you addressed.
Speaker 2: Just want people to know I be clarified. So the Gates Foundation, which was founded in two thousand along with his ex wife Melinda Melinda Gates, is an organization that gives money billions of dollars every year to health, health aid, foreign aid, and other public assistance programs. So any aid at the house communities not I mean it might I don't know that specifically, but.
Speaker 1: It might help out that one. Thank you, go ahead, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: But why do we get like he has three kids, like he's just go get the money to his kids.
Speaker 4: Well, they will get So there's a percentage.
Speaker 2: I believe it's like because he's it's like a one percent that he's keeping up his fortune that they will get some of it. Be so he's gonna still have one point one point six to one point six two billion dollars will be left and his kids will get.
Speaker 3: Some of that billion dollars. Yes, but he's he's, well, you know what, I should go to his kids in his family.
Speaker 1: He worked hard for that.
Speaker 4: He has three adult children, He has three children, kids work hard.
Speaker 2: It is probably something stuff that we don't know about his kids, his kids, probably what his kids be doing.
Speaker 1: Black Fairman, just black. They're not just gonna give it to them, know exactly what his kid the animals.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of billionaires that do this, like this is yeah, this is like a normal thing for billionaires.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know if I would do it, but people do this. He's not the first person to do.
Speaker 3: I actually think it's a very noble thing to do to spread your wealth around. Like, if you got that much money, why hoard it or why just pass it all on to your family? You give your family a little bit, they gonna be fine. You got more than enough for them to be fine, and you can give it the you know better, people who need.
Speaker 1: You can do whatever you want with your money. But I'd rather give it to people like that, like your community that don't have that. They can start right, because we usually don't start from zero, we start from negative. So to give it to our own community where they can have a lift in this world, I would community.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean okay, So look, he said that spinning down his fortune will help to save and improve many lives, which will have a positive ripple effect. And you know, because a lot of the foundations in the different AIGs of financial aid, the foreign age that they're helping there, these are people in.
Speaker 3: Need as people in need. Yeah, okay, all right, or give me some goddamn it. Okay, give it some to the Mental Wealth Alliance, all right, do.
Speaker 4: The help mental health aids, the health aid, mental health and physical health.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a part of it.
Speaker 1: So that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now doing that. He also says too that this way, by doing it this way, he can make sure that his intentions are honored, so the way that he would have lived his life after his passing and what he would have because if they've been doing this.
Speaker 3: Respect, that's his money to do what he wants with it.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, you're doing it.
Speaker 2: You would give away all your wealth at passing to live forever, all right, go ahead to get that money if I work for it. No, put it in the cast if you're gonna need a few of them. But take care with me heavy.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I got a big family. I'm gonna try to help everybody fromqueens what I know. That's right?
Speaker 1: Well, now you got you know how much money that is if you give just everybody a million dollars.
Speaker 3: But he's saying the same thing, Yeah, you would do that.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I was about to say, that's the same thing, Charlemagne.
Speaker 3: Would you doing absolutely really give to all his boyfriends? Like what Bill Gates said, I would live my life the same way that I would want to live my out. What do you say?
Speaker 4: What you say after he said that basically you want his intentions to be honored.
Speaker 3: No, but you said something he would live the way he would if he was alive or something like that.
Speaker 4: So I said that he wants his intentions to be honored.
Speaker 2: So this is him making sure that when he lives his life in person, it's happening after he passes away that.
Speaker 3: Same Because I like that. I like doing stuff like that now, so yes, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because so just for some background, the Gates Foundation has long been, like you know, one of a leading the leading foundation amongst doing.
Speaker 3: Things like this, what you don't care? And Kendrick, you see my merch? Oh my goodness, you got Why did you get us that?
Speaker 2: Right? I don't know, I am lady.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Hold on, Chanamayne.
Speaker 3: I was just in his dress like a member of Duck Dynasty. I'm not this merch stand last night, I.
Speaker 1: Did get there late.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us.
Speaker 1: They went to go see Sissy and Kendrick and I had a ballop Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: For the shirt.
Speaker 1: His eyes are lowers as she because I'm not drunk, and Lauren just looks mysterious.
Speaker 3: I like, I like when I get dragged out the house. Because my daughter loves Scissor, right, so you know last year we went to the SS Toy. That's just she wanted to go see Scissor and on tour with Kendrick. I've never even seen Kendrick perform, because you know, I don't like to go in now, but I thoroughly enjoyed it last night. I left that concert inspired. I love seeing people be unapologetically black on the highest level.
Speaker 1: And my older kids went last night at an amazing time that said scissors sounded amazing at a great time at the show. I actually went to a play. I took my kids to Broadway, Yes, took them to see Wicked.
Speaker 4: What we was doing last night, Jess, We was out there.
Speaker 2: We was drinking and having fun, drugging all up in the thank you had some good wings.
Speaker 3: It was amazing.
Speaker 14: I had so many wings.
Speaker 1: What did your boy?
Speaker 3: What did your husband ask for her? When he was in the sweet by the way.
Speaker 4: Right away, he don't give Mexican.
Speaker 2: Y'all? Y'all looked real good last night, and you was walking back from that, I said, oh, look at them. Okay.
Speaker 3: Kelly, Kelly from Life text me and said, I hope all the fool was good last night. Tell Jess I apologize. No tacos. No tacos for her husband.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 2: That was the first question he asked Charlamone.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why would you ask him? Of all people?
Speaker 2: He said, Yo, where the tacos at?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The funniest part is when Sissy and Kendrick do that sketch and Scissy turns the Kendrick just said, all your fans of Mexicans. Chris goes, that's crazy, all right.
Speaker 1: That was kind of like the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, it is what it is. They drunk a pair of guys.
Speaker 1: But since you stop saying that how.
Speaker 4: I feel, Charlemagne, I don't throwing things on me now.
Speaker 1: I be out Shaun Key up. The day is up next.
Speaker 3: And because Charlemagne is a little twisted, he said, you did not know. That's not true. We did. I did it last week like this, and I wasn't a little twisted. He was a little tighted.
Speaker 5: He was a little ted last night.
Speaker 3: I like opening up the phone lines and allowing people to give people don't here to day on Fridays. I think that's fun.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you want to give somebody donkey to date one more days.
Speaker 2: I just want to say shout out to Kendrick, Lauren says, because Luthor, which is my favorite song with them, has been number one on the charts for Hot one hundred trucks.
Speaker 4: For eleven weeks, eleven weeks, eleven.
Speaker 1: Weeks, and now this week they're fighting with Nokia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always a back and back and forth. The tour history is back and forth with drink too.
Speaker 3: Yep. I'll tell you something. It was raining right until Kendrick Donald stage.
Speaker 4: Yes, ain't that crazy? It was raining hard to you what until he went out there.
Speaker 3: WEMG controls the weather, You empty controls the.
Speaker 4: Now gonna put that in his lawsuit?
Speaker 3: Yes, a right, that's what. It's the breakfast Club. Always you're checking out the breakfast Club. It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. Well, Lemona, that's just how they choose now eight hundred and five eight five one five one, Yes, listen, Donkey to Day for Friday, May ninth. It's always about you, the people. Man on Fridays, I'd like to open the phone lines and allow you the people to give folks the biggest he how good morning? Who's this yo? This town?
Speaker 15: From Mobile caught a little bit earlier, wanted to get Donkey of the day to Charlotte man.
Speaker 3: The gun Okay, go ahead, swan uh on on.
Speaker 15: The on the on the two B promo you to mold the breakfast club. But you say, grab your popcorn. But I want to know who the hell eating popcorn? To six the clock, seventy flock eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well it's two B, sir, so it's on all day, not just on in the morning.
Speaker 15: I got that. I got kind of picked that. But I'm from the West coast, so for the most part, a lot of us the team uh uh uh TeV shows and radio shows like them around ten o'clock in the morning getting ready for work.
Speaker 3: So what you want to say, grab you centiment toos, crunch, grabby cherios, get your get your bow.
Speaker 5: Toils right you more like grabbing toast the screws.
Speaker 3: Man, come screw, grab your toast and screwles. Get your those screwdles ready? Okay?
Speaker 15: Thinking when there the cat they called yesterday at tried to get just hilarious. Remember trying to.
Speaker 1: Fix this mess.
Speaker 17: My man was a buggy, was like if kids mom, Mom took the kids and everything that he tried to get that dress, unlock radio.
Speaker 3: And he only got one leg. I'm like, excuse me one leg?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I heard.
Speaker 15: I was trying to get at my man's leg.
Speaker 3: You know he's a pirate. What's wrong with you your legs?
Speaker 1: Dang? I just hook on.
Speaker 15: I just want to know what's going on with y'all.
Speaker 5: And he cousin.
Speaker 3: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: This guy is so crazy. You can't just be out of what's man, what's going on with you and each other's butts lately? You to give us a prostetic and him or something like, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 13: This is long?
Speaker 1: Good morning morning?
Speaker 3: Who you want to give donkey to? Day three? What's happening? What's going on? You wanna give donkey too?
Speaker 13: I'm gonna give donky today to this person and Charlotte, you know, carolineau Fast.
Speaker 3: You gotta say his name.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm gonna give his middle name.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what do'anty did?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: You hit him? Blowing your booky and got you open? It ain't calling you back?
Speaker 5: You know that's right.
Speaker 13: No, he's a con manage me the vulnerable moment. And then it turned out him and his mama. Look, he called the candless and I gave him a bunch of money. I probably shouldn't, but anyway, they just gets downkey today.
Speaker 3: What was the vulnerable moment? What happened?
Speaker 5: If you don't, I had gone through a little something with somebody else.
Speaker 3: And you let him finness you out some money? How much?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: He finnat It was a lot.
Speaker 5: I didn't even go with.
Speaker 3: Him and the mama.
Speaker 13: He and the mama had somehow get right number two, and then Steve would start callowing me for stuff. He just yeah, I was just too nice of the people. I was genuine and he ain't even used.
Speaker 3: To that and right, and you can't be letting the boy hit raw. Now that's also got you feeling like that.
Speaker 13: Okay, Now, don't run out.
Speaker 3: To Day and his mama to Okay, Hey, that's how you know you from Charleston. Don't run out now, that's what you know? How many times I've been told that in my life. Don't run out now, don't run out now? Good morning? Who this good morning? This is g where you call him from.
Speaker 18: I'm calling from South Carolina eight.
Speaker 3: Four three low country. Who you want to give donkey to day to a gus?
Speaker 18: I'm giving donkey of the day. I'm just and I'm just calling to get it out my system. I'm giving donkey of the day to my baby daddy.
Speaker 3: What's his name? Okay, what happened?
Speaker 5: He's just a dead beat.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: I feel like if he loses excuses, he'll find his results.
Speaker 3: Dang, that's the boss.
Speaker 1: If you lose your excuses. Your mind is with your results.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question because I always wondered this when when women say that their baby daddy is a dead beat. You know, I was to sleep with him at some point, So did something change.
Speaker 18: I did at one point in time. I feel like I got catfished into the situation because people can put up a front by for so long, and I mean, uh, and you know, once.
Speaker 10: I saw that it was a front.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can use the front throw and get.
Speaker 18: It on through.
Speaker 3: Damn how old y'all?
Speaker 10: Baby, Yeah, he's three years before in December.
Speaker 3: Well, appreciate the blessing that is the child, your child.
Speaker 5: Yes, I am was my baby.
Speaker 18: He's a great blessing from you know what we you know did but we can see them through.
Speaker 5: But you know it was an entire lie.
Speaker 18: That's neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: Get on your job because I'm on mind. True. And the brother, I mean, the brother still got fourteen years to get it right. Fourteen fifteen years to get it right.
Speaker 5: I mean he should have experience.
Speaker 13: He got out a kid, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, how many kids you got?
Speaker 18: My baby is eight?
Speaker 3: God damn right? Yeah, he so he's good with the first seven. He acts like he was good with the first seven.
Speaker 2: I don't really have.
Speaker 18: Any interaction with them. I mean I've only seen certain things I wasn't really included. Its like in their life and him taking care of them because they're way.
Speaker 5: Before my son.
Speaker 3: I think we got to do a double donkey because you maybe my mama number eight is crazy.
Speaker 18: Wow.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, I mean people got eight kids and they take care of their kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that's no excuse, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: So if he was a false and if he was trying to put on a facade like I said, that can only last month for so long.
Speaker 3: No, I'm talking about No, I'm talking about and I have.
Speaker 18: I have four children, and I take very well care of my father. Even if I had a fifth, or seventh or tenth child, I would take great care.
Speaker 7: Of my kids.
Speaker 3: No, you're not listening to what I'm saying. I'm saying that you knew he had seven kids, so you chose to let him hit raw and become baby number eight.
Speaker 18: Absolutely absolutely I did.
Speaker 13: Yes, I just feel like it was on the false three senses.
Speaker 10: But it's all good.
Speaker 5: Less you Lord, you're living, you learn some choice, you live it you learn.
Speaker 1: Talked for three minutes, you stopped hanging up on my people.
Speaker 3: Sorry, good morning? Who's this? Good morning? And this is okay?
Speaker 1: Vicky, you the last one?
Speaker 3: Nicky, Oh, Nicky, you the last one who you want to give a donkey to? Day too? I want to give an okay, what we do?
Speaker 1: He had to see wickedly enjoyed seeing Wicked. But I'm just trying to get this show together. This is this show is crazy.
Speaker 3: You wanted to go watch somebody ride a broomstick?
Speaker 2: You know? Oh my.
Speaker 5: Money, I love you, I love all of y'all, but you really hate this boy you like.
Speaker 3: I am not hat.
Speaker 1: You got one eyes are low because she high. You got one wearing sunglasses because because he's drunk, and you got one that's mad mysterious this morning over.
Speaker 3: Please just stop making up stuff about your co workers because none of the stuff that you're saying is true.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with being high.
Speaker 3: First of all, I tell the.
Speaker 18: Job uncle saw take a Friday, and you entitled to be that way today. That's right.
Speaker 3: We just cool and we had a good time. Left night, we went to go see Kendrick and Scissors. It's a phenomenal show. We just enjoying life, that's all, Nicky.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to get the show.
Speaker 18: I had several fridays like that and I was the one that ever jump.
Speaker 3: There you go. Thank you, Nicki. It's crazy. I got that.
Speaker 5: I want you to enjoy your mother say thank you.
Speaker 3: Boom happy game right now? Yes, and she started early happy mothers.
Speaker 5: I need you to do better.
Speaker 18: I need my waffle coellers.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to get everything together. But they had. They've been talking for twenty minutes straight.
Speaker 3: They've been all the.
Speaker 2: Radio show radio talking to talk exactly now what I don't do my job. Everybody fighting.
Speaker 3: I'm talking now, nik Thank you, Nikki. We appreciate all of y'all that called in for donkey today. I like opening the phones up on Fridays and letting y'all do a donkey today, and today was a great day to do it. And salutism. Kendrickle Marty said, yet.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually we did. We can say one more time though, salute to them.
Speaker 3: All that ever won. It was a black grand national getting with the X.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Two unapologetically black people doing it at the highest level. If they come to your city, it's not like they need us to promote this toy. The toy be selling everybody. But if they come to your city, go see it. Man, mm hmm Jesus. All right, when we come back, Ms Pat will be joining us. A big, big interview coming up.
Speaker 7: What you say?
Speaker 1: What I know's he's gonna say?
Speaker 3: Big?
Speaker 1: All right, it's the breakfast slogo.
Speaker 3: Morning the Breakfast Club, wanting everybody's d e j n V.
Speaker 1: Just Hilarius Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: Is she getting all the money?
Speaker 2: Many?
Speaker 3: Are you getting all you miss eating? I get foods down back in the day and I still buy them. Miss that good.
Speaker 2: Morning, yask good morning? Like man, what's up?
Speaker 1: Greensy black man?
Speaker 2: You got a little retaining his mouth? You're ready to eat something?
Speaker 3: I take it out in the morning.
Speaker 15: Straight.
Speaker 3: You have really came a long way since Winney Williams. Yes, in the morning. I actually smell my retainer every morning, so I stay humble. Yeah, you look like you nasty, like.
Speaker 2: Got to like you take floss and eat it?
Speaker 1: How you feeling? You got a new show back house?
Speaker 3: Everything going?
Speaker 2: This is second Hands on season two of Miss Pass settles and working on season three.
Speaker 3: Just wrapped season five of the Misspass Show.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling goods only season two if Miss Pat Well, this is the second half we're going into In a couple of weeks. I started taping season three, so I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. I'm excited. I'm trying to work out here. How did it feel me past? Like, how did it feel to be living all your answered prayers?
Speaker 2: You know what, It's okay, it's not bad. You know, I can't.
Speaker 3: I've never had that.
Speaker 2: I made it moment until I finished my house and I finished over my house, and I was like, okay, you might be doing it.
Speaker 3: So I'm proud of myself. I am. I don't let a lot of people come to my house, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Proud of my And you did that? Did all the work yourself? Right? No? I did the contractor you know, the general contractor part of myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was from.
Speaker 2: TikTok and how the architect? Because I thought I was gonna say some money.
Speaker 3: Did you say money? No? Well, you know I wanted to.
Speaker 2: I wanted to buy five thousand dollars faucet. So if I got rid of the general contractor. I thought I could do it, so I splurged in the areas.
Speaker 3: But I still made some mistakes. But it's up. It looks good. And you finished right before deportation started, so that was good. Yeah up, I say, yeah, I said, no deportation put that on me.
Speaker 2: Oh you just think how all makean to do my work that dep black people too?
Speaker 3: But I did finish before deportation.
Speaker 2: Thank god. I fenished before deportation because I would have to go up there and shake the president y.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I was worried about my housekeeper.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I never really had a housekeeper.
Speaker 2: So I got one that's I can afford, and I told her, I said, look here, if it come down to it, this is the underground railroad over here. Come hide your people downstaff, and you know you can work with me for free until all of this is over.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 2: I just don't if they run up in there, I'm saying I didn't know they were helped.
Speaker 1: So how did you and your husband because I know he was there, he was part of building the house. Did y'all argue a lot because you're talking about five thousand dollars forces?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: He didn't argue like, no, no, he just all he cared about how was I making his bedroom? Because we in separate bedrooms now and I love it. That what I've been married thirty two years. If you get an opportunity to separate from your husband, you know, like, if you get an opportunity, yes, separate from your hey without a divorce, you go over there.
Speaker 3: I go over there.
Speaker 2: I love it. And people always ask me how y'all gonna get together?
Speaker 3: I FaceTime.
Speaker 2: You want to hear it, Come on over here, take a bath and get it ready for you. You know, I show you something back, come get something.
Speaker 5: So some night.
Speaker 2: I don't shave for fun or.
Speaker 4: That some nice way you all watching the movie? He come over. He just ended up falling asleep in your room. Fall asleep and I don't wake your month.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 18: We don't do.
Speaker 2: We don't do sleepover. Take your ass in your room and I'm gonna sleep in my room. We get through with it, going on over to your room.
Speaker 3: I don't do that.
Speaker 2: You don't ever yearn in long distance the same bed, not once at least one night a month. Yes, I've been having six is elementary school. I don't yearn for the elementary glass.
Speaker 3: I don't know why y'all got started so late. I read your book. Man, you ain't read my book. I ain't even back down.
Speaker 1: It's probably read.
Speaker 3: You read the index pawn of it never got in out of memmi. So I was about to say something from the that's how you talk about you having tex the elementary school. Not I've told that story one hundred times. Yes, thank you give me something from the book. I bet you. I know you give me something from the book. You read the damn book. I don't remember the book.
Speaker 1: You got your shot off, everybody.
Speaker 2: But it was a nipple. They busted. I had medicaid. They just laid it back up there.
Speaker 5: I didn't read rap.
Speaker 3: It shot a phenomenal read. Rap should be a movie.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: It should be. But you don't have a lot to me. We friends shot one thing. He did. He did read books now.
Speaker 1: Around like seven years ago, said I shot my nipple off just it was just a nipple, okay, alright.
Speaker 2: Because she said he said she got a boob shot off. I'm like, dang in the group back because she's sitting there with two of them right.
Speaker 3: Now, like now, I gotta lie. They could have shot half her off and I still had.
Speaker 2: More than you.
Speaker 1: Just honestly.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what Rabbit remind me of and I just thought about this. It's probably a new genre genre called it's like true crime dramedy. I would describe it as because there's a lot of crime.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of crime committed and Rabbit, yes it was, but he ain't ready. But anyway, it's still friends. We're still friends.
Speaker 3: You never thought nobody ever wanted to turn into a screenplay loosely based off Well, we're working on it. I could see it to tell the whole story. We really need a mini series. So we were talking about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm always trying to dial up and dab into something with my life to let people know it's okay to laugh at the book that you went on.
Speaker 3: We do in life. So that's what I'm always doing. You know, you're keeping the lights on that b e T.
Speaker 2: You do know that you and Tyler Perry, well you gotta say, Tyler Perry, I only got two shows. Yeah, well, I appreciate you saying that. I wish they would give me an opportunity to create some more. So we're working on some things. I'm trying to sell to everybody. This is a new prostitutional rate for me.
Speaker 3: You a white man, you got the money. I got the legs to open for you.
Speaker 2: That's all selling the right going. I went to up here for upfront. I went to upfront last night, and it was so funny because I never I've never been invited to upfront before, and I didn't know what the expected.
Speaker 3: I walked out.
Speaker 2: It's just all white people there advertising and the PROMPTU the little telepropom is wrong. I don't do well with telepromom because I don't read out loud like that. Yeah, I've been practicing over the years, and boy, that teller prompt that got the wrong.
Speaker 3: And I was like, hey, I got a g D.
Speaker 2: Stop this mess right now. I just I just went into a whole full sent you gotta standing ovation.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm letting them. Oh they do till they do it.
Speaker 2: Just said, you'll open you No, I won't really open my leg, but I will. I know what they the white's lovers to bootyhole cost you fifty million dollars. God, we in the wrong business, Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: Hell no, I couldn't get this boody hole if it ain't been in, somebody been in.
Speaker 1: Somebody with that huge body is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He just told John somebody been in his syd Mine is a virgin. We don't believe it. You just said somebody he's yous okay, man, if somebody that got this wouldn't be working out. Yes, it was witness stuck her finger in it.
Speaker 1: That's why you're working you just said on a laugh.
Speaker 2: Everybody know when your uncle said on your lap, he's sticking a flinging thumb. Nor have mercy.
Speaker 3: You know the movies on you. We know you a victim man. You liked it because you stayed on there about five years now, Oh, miss Pat settles it.
Speaker 1: How do you take ray J serious?
Speaker 3: You don't take ray J siri? You know?
Speaker 2: Ray J called me one day and say he had an idea for a show, and I said, what is it? Ray J? He said, me and lou Neil as mysteries being young guys in neglige J walking him like a dog. I said, first of all, who want to see Miss Pat and lou Neill and NEGLIGEJ.
Speaker 1: Walking white man?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 2: Beating them? Because we I don't know, I said, ray J, I don't know if you high. But I'm married and second of one. I never had on a neglige jay at least it's the seventh grade, So why would me? Me and lu Neelle big ass now lunall probably do it because I've seen her do some. But me in a neglive Jane with my hanging, Ain't they uneven?
Speaker 1: I'm like to see that.
Speaker 3: You'd like to see that, don't you should do it?
Speaker 2: Loll would show from the front.
Speaker 3: We got all this extrac but you said you wouldn't wear a neglige neglige he but you was in believed with a two piece on you.
Speaker 2: A damn lind one on them. But you mistake me for my daughter Ashley. Shigd oued to my daughter Ashley, she's got.
Speaker 1: I shout to.
Speaker 2: Playing a gay wedding, and so they asked me to do it right, And I don't know nothing about playing no gay wedding. So I went straight to picture and picked out a gay cake with the rainbow in the mill and I sit here. I said, y'all like this cake. She's like that's gay.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, what do you right?
Speaker 3: Right? They don't like you to just put just because she gave on me.
Speaker 1: She need a gay cakes.
Speaker 2: She she want a straight cake.
Speaker 3: I'm like, ain't doing it straight. You gotta put a deal on the top, like a candle instead of candles. Still don't winxedo and a gawn.
Speaker 1: She want to wear a gown.
Speaker 2: Want to know my daughter is the film she I think she do it down because she's so rough. I think she the one that put on the scrap on. But really she she's a girl. Thank god, because my daughter looked just like me.
Speaker 3: I don't want. I don't want. My daughter looks like my face. So did you know it was gonna happen? Like she come to you all and ask you well.
Speaker 2: She asked me when we was playing the trip, She said, can I ask your daughter to marry her?
Speaker 3: I said, hell, Yale, you can, And so I set it up.
Speaker 2: In the first day, we was gonna get on the boat from I stayed on one side of the island because I wanted a little peace, and we were gonna take the boat over the same pedro. And you know, my whole family is father, so we really fish. Yeah the high school no no, no, the groom baby's still skinny.
Speaker 3: So it's eighteen of us. We get on the fisherman boat to go over there. And I'm not lying. Do you know the boat got water in it because we were heavy. Why would y'all do that?
Speaker 1: Y'all know, y'all big? Why would you get let them all get on?
Speaker 2: They don't know. I didn't know that pasts ain't that many people because I said it was eighteen people. I think they thought it was eighteen small people. But it was eighteen people, and probably sixteen of us was thick. And we tuck off in the boat and the boat just got water. And he was telling my son, who was the biggest, get on east side of the boat to rock the water. I said, man, turn this around. So I told her, I said, you have to wait the next day. The next day week she got ready to propose. My daughter got drunk and started hunching on everybody like a little freak, and I was like, you street, you wonta marry this.
Speaker 3: And finally when we stopped off from drinking, she was able to ask, we need to go back to the first day. So you mean to tell me that you messed up a proposal because everybody was too big. You don't understand yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, we wasn't the girl's side, who you put on the whole couch up here? But we would damn I text that moment if you ever in your life tease me about my way to get I punched on your.
Speaker 1: Greasy head's face.
Speaker 2: You know, as if he.
Speaker 1: Would have thought about it, he would have pulled that couch up there for you to.
Speaker 5: Would never do that.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not, And I've been on Monsero whatever the hell it is gen. Yeah, so I've lost a few.
Speaker 1: Kiss my head. How long did you think it? Stop? What happened?
Speaker 2: I't even stop. I'm still what did you lose? Talking?
Speaker 3: Not saying? No, I should have want I should have worn tight a shirt.
Speaker 1: Stop y'all.
Speaker 3: Damn your first time going to a gate wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is my first time going to because my daughter tried to get me to go to a gay church. But this church in Atlanta. But the first lady was a man looked like you with a hat on, and I was like, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't know we should do that.
Speaker 1: I can't go.
Speaker 4: She is still identifying as the first lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was identifying as the first lady.
Speaker 2: Really a gay church, you know, it's a gay church boy, the way you put grease on your face.
Speaker 3: You know everything in your podcast.
Speaker 1: You're taking your home seriously.
Speaker 3: You started your own garden, Yeah I.
Speaker 2: Did, and I started a garden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's right.
Speaker 1: What you're playing with you.
Speaker 2: I planned some beans, I planned some lattis. I planted some greens.
Speaker 3: I planned some Uh. I don't know who raised him? Jolly raised this nigga wor right plannings.
Speaker 2: I planned some mine.
Speaker 3: Like you come beside so they'll fit.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did, come on by the house.
Speaker 3: I got some from you in three months.
Speaker 2: Lady, you got some of them, and you know how he like them?
Speaker 1: Minute you like us?
Speaker 3: Come home? Damn real on that trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're wrong with it. You won't, Basseline, ain't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah he's shining right now, y'all. Oh my co butter way and what Coco butterf for the owner?
Speaker 1: But are you free?
Speaker 3: Are you changing your diet and stuff? To go to hell? I mean boy, going to hell. I'm trying to talking about this die. You don't see me. They time I come back in a span ditch. I can't wait. I bet you can't get waking.
Speaker 2: I cannot stand him. I cannot stand we just wrapped season five of the Miss Passion and talking to us about that, I think it's just told me need layers to the Mispatt show, and then it's built up. It's been to your lips off. So this is why you know, you know, back in the day, I wants like you. I had some sass like you because you are all these little jabs. You're doing that my neighbor, she said.
Speaker 3: It's led to the show. But it's because it's Les and Miss.
Speaker 2: Pat But you're the only person that can call me fat and get away.
Speaker 1: Use other words.
Speaker 3: I love you because he's so low down and dirty. Yeah, and now you're on tours.
Speaker 1: Well I am on too.
Speaker 2: I'm in Cleveland this weekend.
Speaker 3: Come on Cleveland, get your tickets. Then I'm in Virginia Beach. You I just added a show I did, so go get your tickets for the Mad Name Show work.
Speaker 2: And then you're going back to Ohio. Columbus, Come on Columbus, get your tickets.
Speaker 3: Your hilarities this weekend. I love hilarity. Yes, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy. I'm happened.
Speaker 1: To Charlemagne churned out a new episodes of Miss Pat settles at Wednesdays at ten pm. And we appreciate that love.
Speaker 2: Season five starts in the fall. That's all I can say right now. Season five starts in the fall. So make sure y'all get tickets to all the places that I'm going before, because hey, we need to laugh. This is a time that we need to laugh.
Speaker 3: I'm about to put this on.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's d J n V. Just hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Is time for pastor go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, DJ?
Speaker 4: What's up girl? What's up?
Speaker 11: Guys?
Speaker 4: How are you not some old big nino?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Let me just fill you in the classic day the last day is a little drunk, so that she's high.
Speaker 4: Wait, so the smoothie is fake.
Speaker 1: Know that smoothie is very much.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yes, you turned up for Kendrick.
Speaker 3: You know my daughter loves Sissy and she wanted to go to the concert. You were supposed to be there. Yes, she was in the head selon all day.
Speaker 4: The hairline that I had to DJ, Yes, your hair looks good.
Speaker 19: Show, fantastic show, really yes, I'm gonna try to go today.
Speaker 2: Actually, you would love it.
Speaker 19: The other dilemma outside of me getting my hair done a way, which, by the way, shout out to the way Selon, shout out to a Lisa.
Speaker 4: She did a good job. Custom color.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: But also everybody can't tell Lauren that's why your hair.
Speaker 4: Looks good though, That's why I'm so confused. Anyway, outside of that, why is it all the way in Jersey?
Speaker 3: Why you pray?
Speaker 2: Because that's what the mets.
Speaker 4: Forty six minutes to get there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't take that long, but Arena, No, it was forty six.
Speaker 19: Minutes because it was raining and it was traffic to get here and then to leave it as well because I was going to go and anyway, I'm sure it was. That's why I'm gonna check it out today. But in the meantime, it's getting to these tunes because I have a few I want to hit. Let's start off with Jordan Attitunji with X in the City thoughts.
Speaker 1: It's cool, Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: I like that was cool. I will impress so much the record.
Speaker 19: Okay, okay, right, all right, all right, you know he already has a hit, you know, we're.
Speaker 1: Going I like I like Jordan.
Speaker 3: It sounds like something the Weekend, you know, Tory Lanes and it was cool. Okay, we can record it, but we didn't want to put it out.
Speaker 19: Oh that's a reference track. Okay, well, anyways, let's try again. There's another record. This is from a UK artist named Nippa and is produced by This is London who signed to lv r N and he just dropped his project today.
Speaker 4: So it makes you guys stream it. But my favorite record for one of them is Unfair.
Speaker 3: I like it. Yeah, okay, not really, I mean cool, it's a right you know. It feels like something I heard before. Both those records weren't great records, they were just cool records to me. Yeah, and it just feels like something I heard before, Like it ain't.
Speaker 4: Am I getting better by the record I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: It does get it back in the day, feel like nostalgic, Okay, I don't know, like Mario B two K something like interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've heard that before. It's like it's nothing new.
Speaker 2: Fine, it's not bad though.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 19: There's this artist that I recently discovered. Her name is Linda Don and this record is called Move that's a.
Speaker 3: Stone cold groove right there, Jack, I like, okay, drop stone hold what that was tough?
Speaker 4: Why did that roll off the tongue for you?
Speaker 2: Like you said this?
Speaker 1: What that means?
Speaker 3: That's lingo?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 3: He was born in the eighties, seventy eight.
Speaker 4: I know it's the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: It's hard to keep up.
Speaker 19: But either way, you was not using that lingo. Okay, two more, I swear and then I've done. Connie Diamond dropped a new joint called Jack.
Speaker 3: I think somewhere.
Speaker 4: I heard that already.
Speaker 19: What you said, please please, no, no, no, no last one. Last one is off of a short film that Two Chains I think wrote. It's called The at Experience and it's featuring Ronald Eisley and the Brothers. It's cool to see Two Chains with the Iley brothers rap sounds just collectively, it sounds great.
Speaker 3: Cold groove, Jack, But why are you in the A H I B rate high? You better use protection.
Speaker 2: I know that line is actually.
Speaker 3: I wanted to I was to bring it up. I'm just like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 4: It's great advice, but it's also just like, oh wow, it was really I thought that was just aware.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I never actually.
Speaker 1: That was yo.
Speaker 19: You came back from the Kendrick tour talking like the soul singer, very inspired.
Speaker 3: By the chemdriical boss of the contract. I really enjoyed it. I love seeing two people be there unapologetically black cells at the highest level.
Speaker 19: I really want to go for reincarnated and not like they did manage the garden. All right, all right, I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm going.
Speaker 4: I'm going today for a right, not too much, not too much.
Speaker 19: Okay, if you guys like the record, yeah, they're disrespectful with it because they read it in like I was there.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, I the wrapuphor with my niece.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted to having a good time and that you be coming on.
Speaker 4: It was all right, I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 19: But if you guys like the records that you heard today, makesure you guys check it out.
Speaker 4: On my playlist at Nilis Simone on Instagram. Sorry, click link and.
Speaker 19: Vile for it in Y L A S Y M O N E e E. While you guys are there, to make sure you subscribe to my podcast, We Need to Talk. We drop new episodes weekly. Our latest episode out was with low J the Nigerian after will be Artists and then lastly mixt you guys follow Certified Vibe. In general, we have a new Battle the Beats coming up in partnership with Timberland's Beat Club, So I'm really excited for that. And we're opening submissions up, so makes you guys submit, Big Nyla, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, the People's Choice mixes up next, Let's.
Speaker 3: Go waa cool.
Speaker 1: If you're like into the Breakfast Club morning, everybody, it's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: We got a salut from Miss Pat for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Salute the Big Pat Man Patt. That what you mean, Big Pat? I mean big as din like her status, like her name is Miss Pat, Miss Patt. I love Miss Past. You're doing her thing season five of the Miss Past Show coming soon and her new court show, Miss Settled season two and Miss Past Settles it Yeah, and also Emma is it Greed? Agreed? Emma Greed and a big dog CEO and founder of Good American, one of the owners of Skims. That's right. Love talking to her, you know, I love talking to her because She's one of four girls, and I got four daughters, So I'm just always intrigued by and who do the things that she's doing making it to that level? What was instilled in them when they were young, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: She's very confident now, Jes, you're doing something this week and for Mother's Day. Yes, tomorrow, I will be in Detroit. I'm actually leaving today. I got some things. I got dinner or whatever, and Yo, I need to spot in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Cannabis.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got you, absolutely but one Mike Comedy Club. Jesseilarius will be there tomorrow. There is no eleven am brunch. The brunch is canceled, but we do have the two shows that are now sold out, y'all. I cannot wait to get there. I will be doing meet and greet after the nine to thirty show, and I got a little something for the women for the seven o'clock show tomorrow. So I can't wait to see y'all Detroit. I get there tonight, all right, And don't forget my car show. Today is Friday, So if you haven't got your tickets, to get your tickets. It goes down July nineteenth out in the seventy five to seven. That's one of two I'm doing this year. The first one, Like I said, we'll being in the Hampton Roads area, so Hampton, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, Virginia Beach surrounding city so Richmond, North Carolina's close by.
Speaker 8: D m V.
Speaker 1: Pull up and if you want to put your car on the show. I want to see what you guys are driving out there. You can email me dj MB Car Show at gmail dot com and let me know what you're driving. Hopefully you can put your car in the show. Five and under are free for kids.
Speaker 3: Bring your hands this baby, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Taket his twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your boy, you got a section for you family section.
Speaker 1: They are twenty.
Speaker 3: Thirty dollars. That's right. The logan to logan in the building logan the man of the house, shut up right. The man of the kcy household his heir. By time we get to see the man of the house the positive notice simply this kindness is doing what you can where you are with what you have. Kindness costs nothing, So go be kind to somebody this weekend. Okay, have a great day. Why you ain't give us something fun that was fun. Only your mean brother from Baltimore with think kind and it's not fun.
Speaker 2: Now give us some fun that was fun.
Speaker 3: No, we see Monday.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, breakfast card.
Speaker 3: Bitches you don't finish for young daugh