Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jackie and he Armstrong and Jetty, they should have left.
Speaker 2: They should have made the deal. I had a great deal for them. They should have made that deal. Sixty days we talked about it, and in the end they decided not to do it. And now they wish they did it, and they want to meet. But it's a little late to meet. But they want to meet, and they want to come to the White House. So even come to the White House. So we'll see. I may do that.
Speaker 3: So Trump asked, over and over again. He kept saying, no matter what the question was, pretty much yesterday, whether he was on the White House lawn or in the Oval office behind the desk, that Iran can't have a nuclear weapon, saying it for twenty years, Ran cannot have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 4: Here's a little more Trump, he.
Speaker 3: Says them on Iran, if regime change does happen there, if the regime fools, do you have a plan for what you think would happen, plan for.
Speaker 2: Everything, But we'll see what happens here kind of ways to go they should have made that dea in sixty days. We talked about it and in the end they decided not to do it, and now they wish they did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on all the headlines yesterday where Trump has signed off on the plan to attack the nuclear facility but hasn't decided when yet.
Speaker 1: Did you see the denial from the mullas might have been even the head guy that they were willing to talk and go to the White House. He said, we'll never crawl to the gates of the White House for mercy or donag or whatever. Eating with them scumbags. You can nied it up and down, but he probably has to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there seems like the negotiating daser passed us. Uh right, I don't I don't know if I don't know if they could pull the plug at this point, man, it would take an extraordinary statement.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to read this book when it comes out, But I could easily believe behind the scenes, the powers that be in Tehran made that overture to Trump, believing it would be top secret, and then Trump waved their uh you know, you know, waved it in their faces. Yeah, you're begging me, you want to come to the White House, and they're freaking out. They're thinking, no, no, no, this has got to be secret or will lose the support of our ultra conservative supporters. And Trump may well be thinking, yeah, I don't care. That sounds like a you problem. This is all going to be out in the open now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't remember if I asked this yesterday.
Speaker 3: Do you think we we or Israel actually does know where the eyetola is, like, has his location?
Speaker 1: It's entirely possible.
Speaker 4: Wow, that'd be something.
Speaker 1: Do we have a source in the Palace guard or whatever the formal term is for that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was listened to a great interview yesterday with what let me find his name, because I'm a fan.
Speaker 4: I've been a fan of his for years, Ken Pollack. He was in.
Speaker 3: CIA, NSA, all those different kind of things in different administrations, and I've been reading this stuff and watching m be interviewed for years in a variety of topics. And he confirmed when I asked that, Yeah, there almost has to be a fair amount of human intelligence in Iran for Israel to have pulled off what they've pulled off.
Speaker 4: So they have.
Speaker 3: Iranians who have turned because they don't like the regime, or they're just getting paid off, or any of the reasons anybody ever turns on their own country.
Speaker 1: Maybe my sister got beat to death in the jail for showing your hair on the street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a big fan, right, So, and you know who how close that human intelligence is to the Iyatola? And could you know nail down where he is? We don't know. But he made the point that the reason we don't want to kill the Ayatola is we have been in a unique position for a lot of years to where we're pretty much the only country in the world that has the technology to just snuff people anywhere on the planet when we decide we need.
Speaker 1: To, and then we do.
Speaker 3: And you know, sometimes you and gets unhappy about it, or some countries make some noise, But Dan, whatever, what are you going to do?
Speaker 4: We're the United States.
Speaker 3: Soon, like very soon, lots of countries are going to have the technology to be able to strike somebody anywhere on the planet with a swarm of drones or whatever, and normalizing that is not going to be to our benefit when all of a sudden, and he used the example Pete Heggzeth is walking out of a restaurant and get hit with a couple of drones and take it out, and China says, well we had to because of blah blah blah, and the world gets mad about it.
Speaker 4: But what are you gonna do? The United States has been doing it for years.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, and then never ending tit for tat assassinations, right, Doc Syndrone, Huh.
Speaker 3: I'm not against any of this, but we have been in a unique situation where you know, I never can pronounce his right name, right, Solomani, the the Iranian general.
Speaker 1: We just take him out. He's a bad guy.
Speaker 3: The other the reason other countries don't do that, they can't. They just have never they haven't been able to.
Speaker 1: Well, we're very very restrained about it, Yes we are, but it's still a heck of a thing. Imagine living in a country where somebody just all of a sudden can get vaporized by China or Russia or North Korea or whoever thinks that they're evil. Yikes, And then you got the murders of those poor legislators in Minneapolis. Who's to say, or Minnesota, who's to say? It will just be malevolent foreign actors that'll, you know, hop on the I don't like him. I'm gonna rub him out train.
Speaker 3: Yeah so, I don't know if I believe that or not in this case, that that's a good reason to not take out the iyatola or if any that's on anybody's mind.
Speaker 1: But man, every day I'm reconvinced that the Internet and AI is like handing a chimp.
Speaker 3: Or loaded revolver. That'd be a bad, bad idea. That seems like a bad idea. I mean, I haven't realized my point. I haven't thought about it for more than a couple of seconds. But a chill advise that I'm thinking it through. Yeah, yeah, you could get unforeseen consequences out of that.
Speaker 4: A chimp with a loaded revolver.
Speaker 1: And maybe a machine gun would be a more apt metaphor, honestly, given the amount of damage that could be done quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Trump said, he said he's going to make his decision at the last second. He said, because things can change when it comes to war. You know, you got to wait till the last moment to make the decision. I don't have any idea if it's gonna he at some point you said yesterday, you know, could be soon, could be a week, maybe sooner.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I was pictured sooner than a week, just based on the fact that we closed the embassy in Tel Aviv for the next three days, you know, all the big meetings they've been having, that sort of thing. I just I've been assuming it's going to happen like the day or tomorrow. That hint from the Israeli ambassador that you're going to see something on Thursday or Friday that makes the pager attack look like nothing. That's gotta be an overstatement, doesn't It almost has to be.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't sell the Israeli short.
Speaker 3: So every expert that I've listened to on a podcast or interview says this, The Israelis have to have something up their sleeve to deal with Fidah. There's no way they went into this without the ability to take out Fordoh and just counting on the fact that the United States would do it for him.
Speaker 4: There's just no way.
Speaker 3: They had to have some plan to you know, destroy it with a computer virus or get you know, commandos in there or something.
Speaker 1: There's got to be something going on there.
Speaker 3: So that's what we're probably going to see in the next couple of days or a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I could see, you know, both kind of sort of being true in that an enormously expensive and in terms of Live's commando attack, special forces attack, I mean lots of boots on the ground over rights and in that period of time that was so costly. Oh yeah, yeah, you could lose a lot of guys.
Speaker 3: But in so you would be hope in the US would step in Israel's mind, it would be worth it. But yeah, if the United States says we'll vomit for you, then you don't have.
Speaker 4: To do that, right, I guess is your point.
Speaker 3: Let's listen to Senator Mark Wayne Mullen. We've had him on the show, kind of interested in what he has to say. Clip sixty five.
Speaker 5: There, Michael, keep in mind, this isn't just one facility the Iranian regime had spread. It just be portion across the country and specifically five separate locations, and we know where those locations are. We have pretty good intel. The Israelis have also shared intel with US, and so if there's a reason for US to make sure that they can never achieve a nuclear weapon, then that is in the United States interest.
Speaker 3: So if you're old enough to have lived through the whole build up to the Iraq war.
Speaker 4: He is still smart a little bit from the whole.
Speaker 3: We have solid evidence mobile chemical labs moving around the country making you know, all kinds of disastrous gases, and none of that turned out to be true. But the Senator goes on here with the intelligence saying.
Speaker 6: The US intelligence community is saying that Iran is close.
Speaker 5: I'm saying the assets that we have now, the information we're receiving that we're using with our partners in Israel, and the information we're receiving from the intelligence community is that they are very close. In March, the different the information was quite different. But who told the information has changed?
Speaker 6: Who told you that about the intelligence community? Because just the ranking Democrat on this ended Intelligence Committe, Mark Warner, said that his understanding was that the intelligence community's assessment was still today what Telsey Gabberd said, and Mark, well, I will tell you, and I can't. I've got to walk careful to how far I can go with this, because obviously, if I'm getting read in on programs, or if we're getting briefed in a in a classified briefing, there's very little information I can actually come out.
Speaker 1: I'm tony.
Speaker 5: The information that we've received will tell you that they are very, very close to it.
Speaker 3: Do you have concern about this, that it's being overstated how close they are to a nuclear weapon?
Speaker 4: And then I've got a response.
Speaker 1: Not a lot, just because I've been following the various estimates and projections through the years and the full range of them, from the very hawkish to the dubvish, and this does not seem It's like, you know, a poll comes out that's an outlier that you're like, wait a minute, how does Trump all of a sudden, I have a thirty eight percent approval rating? Is it fifty two last week? And every other pole. This does not strike me as an outliner an outlier. Given everything that's happened, it seems like a logical point to have progressed too. Yeah, I have one more point I want to make about China. But if you're driving towards something, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: So my thinking is it might be being overstated. Now in Brimmer, among other people think that Bebe's doing this for political reasons, over emphasizing how close Iran is to get in a nuclear repon Bill Clinton, said it on The Daily Show Tuesday night, made no news. I didn't hear about it till today, So that shows you how much people respect Bill Clinton's opinion.
Speaker 1: At this point, I kind of feel like, but.
Speaker 3: My belief is yet it might be overstated. Maybe they aren't days away from a nuclear repid, maybe it's longer. What difference does it make. Ted Cruise's point to Tucker on that contentious interview was there is no disagreement anywhere in the world that Iran is trying to get a nuclear weapon and going as fast as they can. There's never going to be a better time to take that program out. So whether they're a week away or six months away, since that's their intention and it's only going to get harder six months from now, why the hell wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: Do it now? That's where I right, Well, we need to take a break. And so my point about China, which believe it or not, is tied into this, will firmly establish my credentials as a cold warrior lunatic. But I think it's it's indisputably true, and I'm going to tell you though you don't hear it anywhere else. Plus to your point, the famous Tulsea Gabbert. Iran is not building a nuclear weapon. That was half of her statement that day in Marsh. I don't know that we're going to play the other half as well.
Speaker 3: The Lakers got sold the most viable sports franchise in America or the world.
Speaker 1: Pretty billion bucks, pretty big deal.
Speaker 3: We'll talk a little bit about that, among other things on the waist to here.
Speaker 5: Keep in mind, this isn't just one facility. The Iranian regime has spread it just proportionately across the country and specifically five separate locations, and we know where those locations are.
Speaker 1: We have pretty good intel.
Speaker 5: The Israelis have also shared intel with us, and so if there's a reason for us to make sure that they can never achieve a nuclear weapon, then that is in the United States interest.
Speaker 1: So I've been reading about Israel's many year long effort to somehow prevent Iran from getting a nuke, having you know, the Iranians having vowed deathed Israel about a zillion times, and part of that has been identifying like Mark Wayne Mullen, their senator from Oklahoma, is talking about five significant nuclear facilities across the country, and is the Israelis have not only identified those five facilities, but like all the ancillary facilities, the support facilities, that sort of thing. And they've also identified who runs them, and who are the project managers, and who are the scientists in charge of X, Y and Z. That's how some of them have met their unfortunate ends recently and years ago. And they've been doing this over the course of many, many years, not knowing exactly when and how they would use that information. If you don't think that's precisely what China is doing right now to us, I was going to say, you're a fool, but maybe you're just busy with your job and don't spend a lot of time thinking about it. So, but that is unquestionably what China is doing right now to the United States. Why do I care that they collect all my data through TikTok and blah blah blah. You know, maybe it doesn't matter for you, but they are to understand who everybody is, what they do, and how they can be exploited for the communist Chinese game mm same way the Israelis do. And if the poo ever hits the fan, there are gonna be a lot of people running around saying Oh my god, Oh my god, how did this happen? Jack? I know, go ahead, you're gonna make a point.
Speaker 3: When the S hits the fan? Where does that expression come from?
Speaker 4: Anybody?
Speaker 1: And know it's a great question.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask while you're talking chat GPT and find out because I am curious.
Speaker 1: I think Katie may be on the task. Yeah, Katie's on it.
Speaker 3: Because I can't say the word, so I got to turn off my microphone to say it to chat GPT in like you're there in a cattle yard and indoor cattle facility, and he got big old fans, exhaust, fans run, and sometimes the cows turn their line in.
Speaker 4: I got the answer, Okay.
Speaker 3: When the S hits the fan is a colorful idiom, meaning a situation suddenly comes chaotic, problematic, or disastrous. We knew that, yes, usually because a hidden issue is exposed or something goes terribly wrong. It likely dates back to the early twentieth century, first appearing in print around the nineteen thirties. UH The literal image feces hitting a spinning fan and splattering everywhere because is meant to convey a sudden, uncontrollable mess. Once something bad is let loose, with the earliest printed version seemed to be from the nineteen thirty nine novel Singing the Blues by Hal Dobie, in which he uses the phrase then the ess hit the fan.
Speaker 1: That was pretty clever, a little expression. Wow, it caught on like Shakespeare invented a lot of expressions we still use today. But way to go Harold Dobie.
Speaker 3: Similar phrases all hell broke loose, the wheels came off, it blew up in their faces.
Speaker 1: Favorite use of the term in Warren Zevan's Lawyer's Guns and Money.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, chat GBT is amazing. It's so much better than googling something. If you want an answer. Much on the way. If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: On demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: I was talking to the lieutenant. I said, I don't think in twenty three years, I've ever heard of anybody who managed somehow to get married to someone who wasn't present for a ceremony. I've talked to the victim and he's going through a significant process to try to have to fix this.
Speaker 3: At this point, someone who got married to someone who wasn't present at the ceremony.
Speaker 1: What does that mean a thirty six year old woman is being held on felony stalking charges in any bizarre case, she's in jail. Yeah. Where a wedding was held without the groom present and without his knowledge, well you can call it a wedding. Isn't that like saying I held a horse race without a horse being present or the horse is.
Speaker 3: Not I had if there was no hearses racing. I had a birthday party for somebody that doesn't like me anymore, and they weren't there, all right, Well anyway, right, I can have a birthday party for somebody seeing happy birthday, get a cake, wear a little hat, but if they're not there, I'm not sure it makes any difference.
Speaker 1: So the chief of police there in Beverly Hills, Texas, said his office was contacted by a forty two year old fellow who said he found a package from his ex girlfriend at his home, which included a copy of a marriage certificate showing that he was married even though he didn't marry her and thinks she's a nut job.
Speaker 4: So she did she falsefy his name or something?
Speaker 1: Well, the cop says, at first we were really considering that it maybe some forged documents. However, once we made contact with the reverend who ended up signing the actual ceremonies showing that they were unified, he basically, you know, solidified the fact that, yeah, the groom was not present when that occurred.
Speaker 3: You know, Joe and I learned this when we were we and we've conducted a couple of weddings, been the officiant, and we got our minister license online from the church.
Speaker 4: And you look confused there, Kittie.
Speaker 3: We got our minister license online from the Church Universal Life. And then so Joe and I were ministers and we did a couple of weddings and they were actually married, because who officiates your wedding has nothing to do with it. It's the wedding license you get at the courthouse and people signing off on that. That's what makes you legally married, not.
Speaker 1: And the officiant signs it saying yeah, the two were there. They exchallenged these vows. They're doing it willingly. And here's their first, middle and last names.
Speaker 3: But the minister or the disc jockeys or whoever who say I do I now pronounce you man and wife is not the legal thing there.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Chief Martin explained how this situation has been a rare occurrence and how they've been handling it. He's been going through the Family Code looking at sections on marriage. There was only one caveat that I could locate, which was, you know, active military overseas. Unable to make it, you still had to have a proxy stand in, and that also has to be part of all the licensing stuff is part of the stuff there. So the groom should have been there. A proxy wouldn't have worked without that caveat. So anyway, the minister ought to lose his fake internet license. I'll tell you that anyway.
Speaker 4: She's a full on nut job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, she's yeah, absolutely full Florida.
Speaker 4: How did you think this was gonna work? Lady?
Speaker 3: Do you think he was gonna get the word that you're too married and say, well, I guess I got no choice but to move in with her and love and cherish her for the rest of her life.
Speaker 4: What am I going to do?
Speaker 1: I think anybody listening or perhaps on the show, who has unfortunately gotten intertwined with a whackadoodle and realized it there's no reasoning necessary or that would be successful, and if what she was thinking is probably wacked doodleish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a fair amount of short term thinking yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the governed by the emotions and not the intellect. So here are a handful of headlines all about the world of work in the economy and that sort of thing. Uh. They're going to all be kind of flowing in one direction. You might notice early several of them. Microsoft plans to cut thousands more employees companies. Layoffs are expected to start around the start of July and will target sales and other departments.
Speaker 4: Is it because of the two letter menus?
Speaker 1: Uh? Indirectly they're continuing their costly push into a.
Speaker 3: Two letter menuts I'm talking about of course? Is oh I was talking about VD oh, no, no, so much that they have to let people.
Speaker 1: Go stop it, stop it. Uh so Uh. Latest round layoffs come on top of the roughly six thousand rolls the company eliminated in May across product and software developer around the world and more to calm, companies ranging from retail the pharmaceuticals have been drawing up plans to consolidate positions, looking to do more with leaner staffs and relying on technology for additional tasks. Wow, including Amazon got a fair amount of attention. I want to come back to them in a minute.
Speaker 3: When does this, when does this like really really start to hit? Is like, I mean, we got a war thing going on right now, so obscures a lot of news. But when does this really start to hit? Is like the drip drip drip really starts to get to people when you're constantly hearing about big companies eliminating thousands of positions because of AI Like it could.
Speaker 4: Be later this summer of this fall.
Speaker 1: I was going to say twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven. If I had twenty twenty eight in a pool, I'd be pretty convinced I was going to miss out on the money. But you know, certainly could be completely wrong. Another headline, this one from the Wall Street Journal. Many I'm sorry more of us are putting in extra hours after the work day, employees days bleeding into the evening.
Speaker 4: Data shows I am not.
Speaker 1: Thanks to a growing load of meetings, emails, and yes, actual work. It's easy to imagine I think a lot of us do that. We do that. I get that you're making light as you making your wacky.
Speaker 4: Little jokes what you think.
Speaker 1: But anyway, according to Microsoft, which apparently still has a few people to analyze this data, because they can see when people log on all of the Microsoft products, and they say the number of people logging on after eight pm over the twelve months through February, we're up sixteen percent from the year before.
Speaker 3: Huh, So people have more work to do, or they're more worried about getting replaced by AI or what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would say yes to both. And they've also now two people are doing the jobs of three, or one is doing the job of two, or one is doing the job of four, depending on industry.
Speaker 4: You're in kidding.
Speaker 1: In a similar vein Americans, by the way, and poorly by the way, because it is it's a physical Newtonian impossibility for one person to now be doing three people's jobs and do them as well. So poorly is how they get done, unless you're some like state government agency where everybody's lazy and doesn't do any work. Not really, one chimp could do the job before. People talking about the real world, not the jip ran. Yeah, yeah, Americans are side hustling like we're in a recession. Goes to another story. The two job trend these days is about necessity, not pursuing a passion. The share of working Americans holding down multiple jobs rose to around five point four percent during the first five months of the year. We haven't seen that since the Great Crash of eight oh nine, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Hmmm, well that probably is.
Speaker 4: You know what follows.
Speaker 3: The news that we had last year in the last six months that people have maxed up their credit cards. You max out your credit cards and then you.
Speaker 1: Go get a side job to try to catch up a couple of shift seven to eleven. Yeah, holding one job at a time is on the way to becoming antiquated or a luxury for emerging generations. I think part of this is just that they're younger, but because it's funny, I hadn't thought about this for years and years and years, but we both have had side hustles early in our radio cars.
Speaker 3: When I was twenty three, shortly after I got out of college, I had three jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I did all sorts of stuff. Anyway. Roughly four in ten millennials and gen zers have side jobs, according to new research by Deloitte. Again, I don't know, I mean the rate has increased a little bit.
Speaker 3: Actually, when you and I started working together when we were twenty five, good lord.
Speaker 1: I had such beautiful dreams, Katie transpirations and here you both had great hair.
Speaker 3: Thirty I never even did them. Thirty five years later, were still stuck. But I had a side job then, and you kept it. I was working on weekends at a country bar DJing because it paid really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah why not?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's not crazy to have a side job, especially pre kids.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: Right, Michael's on foot Finder. It's tasteful stuff, just feet feet erotica. Yeah, it's very nice. I had a club DJing job as well, except it was an oldies club and they would yell at me all the time because I liked the music from the seventies a lot better than like the fifties and sixties do op stuff, and I played too much of that. So yeah, oh well, not cut out for the gig. The biggest companies across America are cutting their workforces. That's another article. Yeah, that's plenty of that. And then the real message Andy Jassey, the Amazon on chief, the real message he's sending to employees on AI. Amazon chief Andy Jasse had a chilling message for employees this week. AI is coming for your jobs. But things that Amazon are more nuanced than that, right, Stan Gallagher in the Wall Street Journal. The company is unique among its big tech peers. Amazon's business model requires a huge number of warehouse workers and delivery drivers. Company reported one point five to six million full time employees in its last quarterly filing, nearly seven times the total of the next largest megacap tech giant. You know, it's kind of obvious, but I hadn't really thought about that that Amazon, among the tech giants, has seven times the number of employees of the other tech giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that the Yeah, that should be pointed out more often as opposed to lumping them all together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually up forty three percent from three years ago. Blubb blah. But it's also the lowest of that efficiency measure of any tech company producing more than one hundred billion dollars in sales. That's revenue per employee. So Jay Jasse's memo likely has the aim. More tech leaders are propagating the view that job security in the age of AI means learning to use it fast. Said in Vidio's chief executive quote, You're not going to lose your job to an AI, but you're going to lose your job to somebody who uses AI. Well that's a good thing to know, man.
Speaker 3: I had my greatest chat GPT experience yesterday. I'm looking at buying a bicycle, like a good bike for exercise, and I was comparing two different gear changing systems on two different used bikes I was looking at and I just I just thought, I just thought, it can't do this.
Speaker 4: This is too complicated and too obscure.
Speaker 3: But I just put in there this set of letters and numbers versus this set of let of numbers, letters and numbers for expensive gear setting chain systems for bicycles.
Speaker 1: And it printed.
Speaker 3: It gave me back in a second like a rundown from all the top cycling magazines, benefits, pros, cons, how hard to work on, what kind of.
Speaker 1: Writing you do, and everything. And it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean it was absolutely amazing, something at Google could have never ever done. And it did it instantly And it would have taken me hours to come up with that on my own, if it was even possible, right, Yeah, and you can do that all the time with anything, and so yes, it's going to eliminate a lot of jobs.
Speaker 1: So one final note from mister Jasse There at Amazon. He echoed that belief in a memo to workers this week, imploring them to quote, be curious about AI. Those who do quote will be well positioned to have high impact and help us reinvent the company. He wrote. Yeah, By effectively threatening a pink slip to those who don't, Jassy at least guaranteed that the AI workshops at Amazon's offices will be Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think, at the very least, if you mess around with it like we have, like what I did last night, you realize, okay, it can do this sort of thing.
Speaker 4: And if I did that sort of thing, I'd.
Speaker 3: Realize I'm gonna lose that, and it would help you better prepare for what's coming, as opposed to you.
Speaker 4: Know, you're just going to ignore it and hope for the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember in my early days of employment, Gladys there, I was a fresh faced boy, great hair. As Katie helpfully pointed out, I didn't have great hair even when I was younger working at an ad agency. And the art director, who is just a gifted artist, Oh my god, he was so good. He recognized computer graphics and computer art coming on the scene. And he did not whine, he did not moan, he did not drink himself to death. He dove into it. He just became an enthusiast. He's not going to lose his job to computer graphics. He's going to lose his job to somebody who's good at computer graphics. So maybe that's the way to approach it. Yeah, unless you're an accountant, like at a low level accountant, you're just gonna lose your job. Todai.
Speaker 4: Nobody's going to need you ever again for anything, even in your proson likes you.
Speaker 1: Either you're a bad person. Well, no, too far, I'm sorry, that's too much, too much, Okay, stay with us. Did you guys see this?
Speaker 8: Several states just sued the company twenty three and me to challenge its sale of more than fifteen million DNA profiles. The profiles even includes some people in the news, and you could tell why they don't want the info getting out. California Governor Gavin Newsom is forty percent German and sixty percent Golden bastl Next President Trump is one percent Irish and ninety nine percent.
Speaker 1: Nick rib.
Speaker 8: And Finally, Elon Musk one percent is the father there.
Speaker 1: You don't help this.
Speaker 3: Oh that was a pretty good premise. That was pretty good premise for a comedy bit comedy routine. My son and I are gonna go to the Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium tomorrow night. And uh so, I was buying tickets on stubub and a parking pass thing came up them working my way toward the Lakers because the same guy that owns the Dodgers now owns.
Speaker 4: The Lakers and one of the biggest deals ever. More on that in a second.
Speaker 3: But parking pass, do you spend seventy six dollars from pretty close parking pass which they call the best value on stubub, But seventy six dollars is a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or do you spend nineteen dollars, which is the cheapest parking pass? But it's a thirty five minute walk? Thirty five minutes is quite a walk, perfect weather, I could use the exercises. You can tell by looking at me, Katie. Yeah, that's well, you walk ahead, Katie. I vote for the walk.
Speaker 1: I don't already want it. There a mile and a half.
Speaker 4: I don't mind the walk there.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking about the walk back after I've had three chili cheese dogs and a churro and a milkshake.
Speaker 1: In the Denizens of the about the.
Speaker 3: The guys with the bicycles and the little carriages will be out and you can take one of those back to the car. That's not a bad idea. Yeah, I'll go with the cheapest. Always best to go with the cheapest. Anyway.
Speaker 4: The same guy owns the Dodgers now owns the Lakers, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Ten. He was a longtime minority owner of the Lakers, but he bought it from the Bus family for a little over ten billion dollars, making it the richest deal in sports history.
Speaker 4: Ten billion dollars.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He owns a whole bunch of different teams, A long list of teams. I don't even know some of the sports involved. Oh yeah, yeah, let's see.
Speaker 1: He owns the Dodgers in the la WNBA team, co owner of Chelsea and the English Premier Soccer League's also co owner of the newly formed CALLAC Formula One team.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's car racing there.
Speaker 1: You go really into the sports. I told Judy yesterday at dinner, I saw this headline said, should have saved dollar money and bought a sports franchise, But you would have said no, in you buy a house. Ownership matters in sports. Anybody who is a fan of a team that never seems to win. So, I wonder what this guy's dedication to. I mean, we've seen his dedication with the Dodgers to put together a team that wins it all. Is he going to do the same thing with the NBA, where you just throw pretty much unlimited money at the idea of let's have all the best players and freaking win this thing. Yeah, I wonder that's many have tried that in basketball. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, right having an all star team essentially, I suspect you'll give it a try, Yeah, give it a good try. In other Los Angeles news, there's quite a piece in the Wall Street Journal about how filmmaking is pretty much in everywhere but Hollywood. It's a smallish minority of productions, sound recording, anything that actually happens in the LA area. It's just to expensive. If La County were a country, economy would be among the world's twenty largest.
Speaker 4: Wow, just La County.
Speaker 1: But that economy is ailing payroll employment is one percent lower at the end of this year than twenty nineteen. It's up five percent for the country as a whole. We do a lot of segments and hours.
Speaker 3: If you're missing, if we get the podcast Armstrong in Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty