Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll access to our full shows, unedited, ad free and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday. Have an amazing show.
Speaker 4: For everybody today. There it is Ryan Brow Show.
Speaker 1: People Live for the Pound.
Speaker 3: I have to say it now at this point, it's a mantra. It's Religion's that's what people want.
Speaker 4: We need to do one of those videos about our self care room. Yeah, and in the morning we're journaling and.
Speaker 3: Then our self care routine is not nearly andrewman Huberman approve or waking up in the dark.
Speaker 1: You know you're taking care of your kids.
Speaker 3: I'm locked in I'm listening to clips from the Departed, drinking diet coke. That's how I start every day, the opening monologue that departed from Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 4: Just love it all.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, let's talk about what we have on the show today. We've got the group chat story. This is just unbelievable broke yesterday. Literally, the National Security Advisor of the United States, Mike Waltz, accidentally ads Jeffrey Goldberg, one of the most prolific neo conservative journalists in the United States, to a group chat where secret war plans to strike Yemen are discussed, and you also see some dissent and internal decision making inside the Trump administration. Possibly one of the largest breaches in national security. And what do you think Ryan decades in terms of accidental breach, it's not saying it's like causing lang long standing damage, but in terms.
Speaker 1: Of an own goal, I mean, this is as big as it gets.
Speaker 4: It's as comical as it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And now they're circling the wagons around this guy, which definitely tells us a lot.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about Israel. Man, this is a really just horrible story.
Speaker 3: One of Ryan's colleagues over at Drop site was killed by the IDF just yesterday. He's going to break down all the details for that. We're going to talk about Soda. That's a story that we did not get to yesterday, but is again unbelievable, just showing a bunch of conservative influencers online allegedly taking money to pump Big Soda in its inclusion in the food stamp program. We're going to talk about twenty three and me this is a absolutely crazy story. Twenty three meters the company which has some fifteen million DNA samples filing for bankruptcy and its samples are basically now available to the highest bidder. Huge privacy implications, regulatory implications, all of that.
Speaker 1: Then we got to talk about bid as people know.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with these Chinese evs and the competition and basically what it says about our market here in America. More and more, I'm just watching this social media revolution happen where YouTubers and other car influencers are showing people that basically like astounding performance capability of these evs, and it's showing up now in BYD data. It also shows us a lot in their profits, shows us a lot about how far behind we are here in the United States. And then finally, Jefferson Morley, one of the most pre eminent journalists on the JFK assassination, he's going to join us. He's had several days now to digest the JFK file, so we can say there's no quote smoking gun. There probably never will be. But he has done the best job that there is of putting all the breadcrumbs together and he can tell us a cohesive narrative.
Speaker 4: So I'm really excited to tell you. And I was talking to him last night, you know, and he thinks, and I agree with him. The most interesting things to come out of this or the fully declassified Selessenger memo, and also the Angleton testimony that he gave in nineteen seventy seventy five. This is a guy who's basically handling the Israel file. He was working on the Castro assassinations, and now we have his full testimony from this seventy five hearing. Here you go. It's not going to tell us exactly who shot Kennedy, but it's interesting stuff about our history.
Speaker 1: Right Well, that's you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: There's a conservative influencer YouTuber out there who recently went viral for saying I don't care who killed JFK's like, yeah, it's interesting. I'll just say it's Benchapiro, So like, yeah, I think it's interesting, but you know, it's he was shot in nineteen sixty three, and it's like, yeah, but you know something, Oliver Stone when we had him here on the show really hit home for me. It's it's like, yeah, it is history, but the reason it matters is because the knife's turn of that history let us down a catastrophic path, and the one that we can still rediscover of JFK's basically the American University speech, the peace speech, affectively, the one that got him killed, if you believe that, is really a legacy of somebody who himself had seen the inside of the deep state, he had seen how it almost destroyed him. His presidency wanted to take a different path for after the devastation of the Cuban missile crisis and how that mentally affected him, a man who literally swam miles with a life strap, a life veest strap in his teeth from the bar with a broken back, trying to save people who saw the face of what war actually means and instead, his murder leads to the war in Vietnam. I mean, the written Nixon, a decade of millions dead in Southeast Asia, the prolongation of the Cold War for multiple decades. So yeah, I think, Sorry, mister Shapiro, I do think it's still the Yeah, it matters a lot.
Speaker 4: And people will wave away that history and say that it's just a fairy tale about Camelot, But right, it's plausible.
Speaker 3: There's great avidute. No one's saying the guy was Jesus Christ. Okay, he had a lot of issues.
Speaker 1: You can go.
Speaker 3: Actually, some of the best parts that the JFK files for me is going and reading all those South Vietnam assessments and how deeply they are. They're like, oh, Ninden whatever is doing this and a previo assassination and they're like, oh in this province, this governor is saying, and you're like, oh my god. I mean, it's worse than I even imagine in terms of the puppet mastery of trying to you this fake experiment of South Vietnam the entire time, and they just would not give up if anything showed us how ideological it really was. So sure he was responsible for that, but he was starting to have different thoughts there near the end, and I think that's what got him killed. So anyway, let's get to the group chat, shall we. This is just unbelievable. Like I said, Jeffrey Goldberg the the most pre eminent neo conservative journalist in the United States, There's no question, beat the drums for the Iraq war, beat the drums for Obama bombing Iran. Actually believe that might be his most shameful episode is whenever He basically was a cutout for the Net and Yahoo government to try to put pressure on Obama to the BOMBA.
Speaker 4: He wrote a cover story within six months, right to bomb exact Ron.
Speaker 3: This was all designed, you know, basically to push in the Obama administration in a direction of wanting to bomb n That's not even me saying it. Ben Rhodes and others basically said the same thing.
Speaker 1: At the time.
Speaker 4: They're like, this is ludicrous.
Speaker 1: Some of us. Don't forget here.
Speaker 3: Jeff of course he's also written all these stories since the Suckers and Losers hoax.
Speaker 1: If you will, he could believe it if you want to.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to tell you if you do, But if you want to believe that that's the person who wrote it. He did some famous interviews there with Obama. But Trump in particular hates Jeffrey Goldberg specifically because of this whole suckers and losers stories. So there's really no where he said a bunch of like that Trump called some veterans, that's right.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said that the people were killed during role allegedly said that according to John.
Speaker 4: Kelly, and everybody involved says that he didn't say that.
Speaker 3: Except for John Kelly, who was the chief of staff, who also hates Trump and can't camp in and gets him, so okay, and he decided not to go on the record about it until three years later.
Speaker 1: So you can decide that.
Speaker 4: Trump saying something crass about veteran tho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's possible.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's one of those where, look, I just think.
Speaker 1: It would have compied.
Speaker 3: Point is Trump hates them, Trump hats all right, So there's really no good reason for a national security advisor to have this guy's cell phone number. And here's the inside story from Jeffrey Goldberg about how this all went down.
Speaker 1: He was all over television last night. Let's take a look.
Speaker 5: The Houthis are not going to know about this for another couple of hours, and you know about it, well what I know about it? And I'm thinking myself, I mean, honestly, I'm thinking to myself, well, I'm glad that Mike Waltz didn't invite a HOUTHI into the group, or a Russian spy or an adversary of the United States. But put that, put that aside. I'm reading this and I'm wondering, not only why am I reading this, but why would the Secretary of the Treasury need to know the precise attack sequence of this upcoming operation. Again, I don't want to talk about weapons, systems, packages, targets in any specificity, because you know, I just I'm trying to be I want to be a responsible person and I'm more interested in the decision making anyway than i am in the.
Speaker 4: Actual technical details of it.
Speaker 5: But the thing is just very flum mixing to me, because I haven't seen this kind of unseerious behavior before. And you know, and the secondary defense, all due respect, in that presentation seems like a person who's unseerious and is trying to deflect from the fact that he participated in a conversation on an unclassified commercial messaging app that he probably shouldn't have participated in, and.
Speaker 4: There are receipts for it, which is always the danger of that.
Speaker 3: So the receipts, as we said, let's go and put these up there on the screen. You can't make this shit up, you really can't. So Goldberg gets added to this group chat. This group chat ends up having JD. Vans, Pete Hegsath, Marco Rubio, Telsea Gabbert, Steve Wickcoff, Steven Miller, Mike Waltz. Mike Waltz by the way, according to Goldberg, and this is not disputed by the White House, who says this is an authentic chain where decisions were made, adds Jeffrey Goldberg. Here where the full discussion and debate around bombing Yemen and the who theies is all taking place. So the first message here is from JD. Vance at Pete Hegsath, if you think we should do it, let's go. I just hate bailing eure Ape out again. Let's just make sure our message is tight here. If there are things that we can do upfront to minimize risks to Saudi Oil, facilities we should do, so let's go to the next one. Please, Pete hexav VP share, I fully share your loading of European free loading. It's pathetic, but Mike is correct. We are the only ones on the planet on our side of the ledger who can do this. Nobody else is even close. Question is timing. I feel like now is as good a time as any given POTUS directive to reopen shipping lanes. I think we should go, but POTAS still retains twenty four hours of decision space. Steven Miller quote, as I heard it, the President was clear green light, but we should soon make clear Egypt in Europe what we expect in return. We need to figure out how do we enforce such a requirement.
Speaker 1: Eg.
Speaker 3: If Europe doesn't remunerate, then what if the US successfully restores freedom of navigation at great cost? There needs to be some further economic game extracted in return. And what we did not have here is that before these messages there was actually some descent from JD Vance where he said, quote three percent of US trade runs through Suez, forty percent of European does. There is a real RISKBLIC does not understand this or why it's necessary. The strongest reason to do this, as Potas said, is to send a message. Vance continues.
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 3: Sure the President is aware how inconsistent this is with his message on Europe. Right now, there's a further risk that we see a moderate to severe spike in oil.
Speaker 1: I am willing to support the.
Speaker 3: Consensus of a team and keep these concerns myself, but there is a strong argument for delaying this a month, doing the messaging work on why this matter, seeing where the economy is, etc. So a lot of things being revealed there behind the scenes. Number one, there's only one voice actually in the group chat, Ryan, who seems to have any sense or reason, Who's like, hey, why does this matter? Actually for us? It seems to matter a lot for Europe. There's a little country with the name I whose name is also not mentioned there about who it's super important too, but not all that important for us? Right, Why are we doing this? Could shoot up oil prices? It's not consistent with the Europe message. And the best part is that Mike Waltz in the chat is the one who's like some brain dead neoliberal being like, but freedom of navigation is so how important? You know, like really like empire or unipolar moment type stuff. So you get ideological divisions very clearly happening in the group chat. You get also, though, just the sheer incompetence and idiocy of a person who adds accidentally a journalist to a group chatal and.
Speaker 4: It was Mike Waller.
Speaker 3: There's no disputing this. That's why I want people to understand. The NSC has come out and said this is an authentic chain, and the chain of events in which it happened is how it happened. Mike Wallace accidentally adds Jeffrey Goldberg to this chat where he's basically lurking and watching this debate happen, and then, according to Goldberg, sharing the war plans or the strike package or whatever. Pete Hegseth has disputed that, and we're going to get to that in a little bit.
Speaker 1: But let's say, even if.
Speaker 3: There was no classified information that was being discussed there, to add accidentally a journalist to highly sensitive internal deliberations over a wartime maneuver of bombing a foreign country is just insane in any normal administration.
Speaker 1: He's fired yesterday, not even fired.
Speaker 3: He resigns for the good of the president and yet this is where we are Ryan, So it's an show.
Speaker 4: And it's it'd be one thing if he's like US trade representative, right, who was apparently who was trying to add, Yes, he's national security advice. He's you got to be good at that stuff, especially when you're he's in the thread talking about how his opsec is on point. Yes, It's like, bro, you just tweeted to a journalist or she just yeah, d M. Journey that your object is tight, your op sect is tight. But I will give jd vance credit, Like, I think his argument is a little bit uh silly.
Speaker 3: But he didn't understand who we're talk about exactly. He's exactly, he's existent within the magnet framework.
Speaker 4: If I were making the argument to not bomb Yemen, I would make the same argument. Because this is to those guys. I wouldn't come in and be like, well, actually, the hoho Thi's are correct here right in the in the sense that it is there right under the now and their obligation under the Geneva Inventions to stop a genocide that they see unfolding. They have told Israel to continue to allow the flow of medicine, food, and water into Gaza and that is their obligation on their genief conisies. Therefore we should not bomb. That's not the argument I would make to this gang of warmongers. I would say exactly what Jada Van said. Let's couch this in the America. First, we hate Europe's stuff, which and the one reason I say it's such a silly argument. I understand tactically why he made it. But from the silliness perspective, two things A Europe didn't really have anything to do with the crisis. Like Europe passively supports the US's support of Israel, and half or more of those countries send weapons and depth diplomatic support to Israel. So they're on the hook, but they're not driving this train. The United States and Israel are driving this train. But the more important point, which never got discussed in this conversation over signal, is that their plan has no intention of even working. Right their plan, the missiles they send will blow up, they will hit buildings, they will kill people like so that part of it will work. But the idea that it was going to get the Hoothies to stop the blockade was never discussed. Yes, because it wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 1: It's literally impossible.
Speaker 3: Today was the blockade is still happening, that's right, And if it was possible to bomb them out of his business, then Biden would have done it, okay, and then the Saudis would have done it before them.
Speaker 1: We're not the first people to make.
Speaker 4: An amazing quote from Biden when he was bombing Yemen, a reporter asked him about it. Remember he said, are the strikes working?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Will they continue?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, in his dementia addled mind, he was actually honest for once. So here's the first reaction here from Pete haig Seth after he lands on the ground in Hawaii immediately after the story breaks.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: You're talking about a deceitful and highly discredited so called journalists who's made a profession of pedaling hoaxes time and time again, to include the I don't know the hoaxes of Russia Russia Russia, or the fine people on both sides hoax or suckers and losers hopes. So this is the guy that pedals in garbage.
Speaker 4: This is what he does.
Speaker 7: I would love to comment on the Houthie campaign because of the skill and courage.
Speaker 8: Of our troops.
Speaker 7: I've monitored very closely from the beginning, and you see, we've been managing four years of deferred maintenance under the Trump administration. Our troops, our sailors were getting shot at as targets, our ships couldn't sail through, and when they did shoot back, it was purely defensively or at shacks and Yemen. President Trump said no more. We will re establish deterrence, we will open freedom of navigation, and we will ultimately decimate the Houthis, which is exactly what we're doing as we speak, from the beginning overwhelmingly.
Speaker 1: So that's basically all he had. You can tell he's pretty upset about all this.
Speaker 4: You know, he's playing a Trump He's playing he's Remindingelbert Well.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's a great point, is that on television he's like, Hey, by the way, you know their person who Mike Wallace had this phone number for was the guy who made up this story, or at least reported this story, who you believe is made up. And yeah, he's messaging there. But I can tell you this, inside the administration, people are furious with Mike Waller. It's basic competence, like it's one thing if you accidentally do it, you know, with your friends or whatever. What we are told from this administration is what we're firing tens of thousands of federal workers. We're dozing the government to make it more efficient and only the best of the best. Wilson meritocracy. I believe in meritocracy. I believe in excellence. Nothing about this screams meritocracy or excellence. It just screams absolute stupidity. And there's a different word I could use, but I won't work. Right now, here's Donald Trump's reaction, pulling the old RBG. You're telling me for the first time. Here, let's take a listen the present.
Speaker 9: Your reaction to the story of The Atlantic that said that some of your top account officials and aids have been discussing very sense of material from signal, and it included an Atlantic report for that. What is your response to that?
Speaker 10: In our opinions, I don't know anything about it. I'm not a big fan of The Atlantic. It's to me it's a magazine that's going out of business. I think it's not much of a magazine, but I know nothing about it. You're saying that they had what.
Speaker 9: They were using signal to ordate on sets of materials and.
Speaker 10: Having to do with what, having to do with what?
Speaker 4: What were they talking about?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 8: Did you mean the.
Speaker 10: Attack or the hood is, Well, it couldn't have been very effective, because the attack was very effective. I can tell you that I don't know anything about it. You're telling me about it for the first time.
Speaker 1: You tell me about it for the first time.
Speaker 4: And by the way, can we get a definition for the word effective that somehow doesn't include accomplishing its mission? That's what nobody in the media is talking about that.
Speaker 1: Why would they because they like bombs to go off.
Speaker 4: Right, The strike didn't do the thing they said it was. He's like, oh, it's going to create a deterrent, it's gonna decimate the who he's and it's going to restore freedom of navigation. Strike one, Strike two, Strike three. None of those things happened. All you did is share your signal chat. That's Jeffrey Goldbrough. Let me tell you something, and you and blew up the construction of an oncology center. Right.
Speaker 3: There is a secondary story here where Goldberg is like a confirmed CIA spook.
Speaker 4: Because that's what he should find of a journalist?
Speaker 3: What kind of a journalist gets added to the American bat okay, gets added to a secret chat, refuses to publish or even report on the specifics of the strike, voluntarily leaves the chat, and then alerts the people being like, hey, was this real? You don't leave, bro, You stay forever until they kick your ass out, because then who knows what better information that you could get?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you let your colleague that's right, your colleague geat. But what you do is right. Story, according to a source with direct source with.
Speaker 3: Direct knowledge in the meeting, Yeah, plans reviewed by The Atlantic tell us this this is And then, by the way, the people in the administration are gonna freak out.
Speaker 4: And then make them figure out. Yeah, and they're like, how.
Speaker 3: Did this happen? And you're gonna be a knife fight inside. It be glorious to be honest. And then actually they probably discussed leaking in the chat, and you get even more information about that's what somebody who's actually good at their job does, somebody who's not not competent does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, it's not about competence.
Speaker 3: It's basically like even the way he's like, I'm not going to disclose the strike package or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why not?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, they literally brag about this ship on video. They publish a video.
Speaker 3: Showing the ship that or the yeah, the guided missile destroyer that's launching the missis You think I can't go on Wikipedia and see what kind of armaments they have over there?
Speaker 4: And if the Hohothies find out what brand of oh yeah, flying, that's they're gonna be able to Oh right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot that the Hoothies have a very sophisticated anti missile detection, right, know, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: So Goldberg is an idiot.
Speaker 3: And you're still he's just such an obvious, just like just such an obvious, like CIA cutout. This is Ken Klippenstein's been going off on this and everybody's praising Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Goldberg, but oh he didn't publish the war plans.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 3: You know when we had those Discord files, I got my hands on those over here at breaking points. Yeah, I didn't publish them like word for word until later, but we did all the reporting on the inside, you know, in the way that Glenn covered the Snowden documents. You want to do it responsibly, Okay, you don't want anybody, and even then I think you, being within your rights, just upload it if you want to. I actually would not criticize anybody for doing that. But you don't want to take any of the hits about, oh, you're in endangering national security or whatever.
Speaker 1: So just what do you do, Ryan?
Speaker 3: Whenever you publish classified information, you take it, you review it, and then you publish whatever's newsworthy within it.
Speaker 1: They're still going to scream that it's dangerous to national security.
Speaker 3: But as long as you take some responsible you know stuff here, I actually do think it's in the public interest to tell us how exactly they went this down. According to Goldberg, they had the specific names of the people that they wanted to target. I would go, hey, maybe you should publish those names, and then did they kill them or not? Because if they didn't with a two hundred dollars, that's pretty interesting, isn't it, I'll tell us a lot about our It's a good chance they didn't, because there's a very good chance that they do exactly. So that's just a lot to say there about journalism itself. Our own Emily cracked the case, she's the first person to do so about how exactly Jeffrey Goldberg got into this group chat in the first place.
Speaker 1: Let's put her tweet up here on the screen quote.
Speaker 3: My soft theory is that Walts thought he was adding the US Trade Representative Jamison Greer, who had the name JG in his context, and that has now been confirmed by the New York Post.
Speaker 1: So let me explain.
Speaker 3: The US Trade Representative is a member of the National Security Council. It's called the Principals Committee. It's everybody but the President of the United States. Mike was spelled wrong, which yeah, which, by the way, Mike well spelled wrong.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other level.
Speaker 3: Thank you for reminding me of that. We're dealing with the best of the brise here, folks.
Speaker 1: So JG.
Speaker 3: He clearly in his phone has Jamison Greer, who is the US Trade Representative, saved as JG. He also, according to Jeffrey Goldberg, recently got into contact with Jeffrey Goldberg. Now, why would you recently get into contact with Jeffrey Goldberg. You're Neil Kahn, who is now mister america first National Security Advisor, and you're now having the phone number of mister Goldberg. That's interesting, and so you accidentally add said JG to the group chat.
Speaker 1: Nobody checks.
Speaker 3: You've got Marco Ruey, got the Secretary of State, got the entire national security and you got Scott Best, and you got Steve Whitkoff in there.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the.
Speaker 3: Highest highest level of national security decision making, and the level of incompetence here from Waltz is again just unbelievable, especially when you are firing tens of thousands of people under the assumption that they're dead weight. I'm looking at the deadest weight I've ever seen here at the top of the Principles Committee.
Speaker 1: Not to mention.
Speaker 3: Somebody who is genuinely stupid, not just for doing this, but listen to his messages. Mike Wallace sitting there, Like I said, he's like repeating some religious mantra about freedom of navigation. This guy doesn't have a single original thought is.
Speaker 4: In his entire head. It's crazy to watch, And there's a lot of people kind of pearl clutching about the nature of the security breach. But it turns out there may actually have been like an actual breach. So Witkough, who is a real estate developer. Yes, so this guy not a guy that you can imagine has even two factor on his phone, you know, let alone you know, his phone on lockdown mode or taking the types of op SEC that you would need to be doing as somebody in his position and power. He was in Moscow when he got added to this signal check right, So if the Russians were anywhere near him hitting him with one of those little you know, there's like I was in Doha ones and somebody's going around with the backpack and they're like, oh, there's one of those backpacks that like gobbles up that data and I didn't. When I went to do I didn't bring my phone smart, I brought a burner phone and left my laptop at home. I'm not because just being in proximity to some of this stuff that you don't know. Plus, Pegasus can just drop on all your phone number.
Speaker 1: They don't have anything drops drop on.
Speaker 3: You don't even have to click the link and then they're in and then they can read everything you read.
Speaker 4: So, yes, signal is secure from the NSA from the outside, but if they're on your phone, so did they get in? I don't know, like they legitimately actually might have gotten in. It would have to have been good spycraft on the part of the Russians to like go after Witcough immediately.
Speaker 3: But if they did, they then they got it. Wouldn't you assume that they're doing You would think, you would think. And by the way, this is another thing. This is all on their personal devices. Just so everybody knows, you're not even allowed to have signal. It's not allowed. You can't download signal on your government phone. I confirmed this with multiple people who have had top secret security clearances, and I was like, Hey, tell me how this is all supposed to work, and they're like, dude, if I was, you know, I remember I covered the Hillary email scandal back in twenty sixteen. I actually wrote a story about a Navy sailor who accidentally had shared photos when he was on a nuclear submarine. He didn't even reveal any class fighting. They threw his ass literally in the brig he was. He was prosecuted, he served time in the brig. So the people I spoke to were like, yeah, if I was at whatever E three in the Navy and I did this, I would be prosecuted. And these guys are doing it at the highest level of government and not to and then even if you're going to do it, be subtle about it. Okay, let's also be honest as you and I know half the government's run on signal why to get around the Freedom of Information Act and the Presidential of Sports.
Speaker 1: It is, let's be honest. It's more convenient.
Speaker 3: I got everybody going to a stripe, right yeah, exactly who's going to skif they it's the weekend.
Speaker 4: Right yeah?
Speaker 3: Send email on your It's called high side. That's how it works.
Speaker 1: The high side.
Speaker 3: You can only access we can only access it inside of a skiff. Probably giving away too much.
Speaker 4: Here whatever, and I'm here.
Speaker 1: I don't have a security clearer.
Speaker 3: It's it's one of those where and people do have a right to know about how this stuff actually works in the backside. So the reason why they do it is because, like you said, it's more convenient. It's got disappearing messages, et cetera. But you know the downside of that is, as usual, what what does the hacker do whenever the system is impenetrable, you do you find the weakest Like and.
Speaker 4: Here he didn't mean have to find anything.
Speaker 3: He just let his own stupidity and incompetence give all this away.
Speaker 4: And the savage the savvy cybersecurity guys will always say that the problem with the system is when it becomes too inconvenient for users. Yes, that's right, and you know, so you'll have like, you know, the two factors. People have figured that out, authenticator codes. People are basically figuring that out. But back in the day when you used to have like you know, PGP and downloading keys and uploading this, and it became so cumbersome that people basically stopped using it and went back to insecure channels. So the government has these you have to be on a particular laptop or that you have to be you have to leave your cell phone and go into a room that has lead walls around it. And people are like, well, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm busy.
Speaker 4: I like to do war on a weekend and I'm going to the Eastern Shore rightly, so sorry, I'm just going to do it on signal.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: Won't somebody think about Mike Wallas in his ability to go to his kid's birthday party. I mean, you know, somebody's got to speak up for those.
Speaker 4: Folks, not like the war can wait for Monday.
Speaker 1: It's especially ironic.
Speaker 3: Look, you know, I don't have to be a shit lib to say this, Like, didn't you we not forget about the whole butter emails thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the emails presidential email singgne was bad. It was bad.
Speaker 1: I wrote about it.
Speaker 3: He wrote about it too. Let's go and put this up there on the screen. Here's a tweet from mister Wallace. June twelve, twenty twenty three. Biden, sitting National Security advisor, sent top secret messages to Hillary.
Speaker 1: Clinton's private account. What did the DOJ do?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 1: Not a damn thing?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, let's go to the next one. It's from Telsea Gabbard, Director of National Intelligence. Any unauthorized release of classwide information is a violation of law.
Speaker 1: It will be traded as such.
Speaker 4: I look forward to that, exactly.
Speaker 1: I look forward to that. A nine. This is even better.
Speaker 3: So inside the Pentagon, there's a witch hunt right now for people who are leaking class wide information. Nancy Yusef covers the Pentagon for The Wall Street Journal's Great Reporter. She says, this seems like a good time to point out DD just released a memo saying they were going to use polygraphs to find unauthorized disclosures. And then finally, of course, what do we have right now? Press Secretary Caroline Levitt releases a statement as President Trump said the attacks on the Hoothy has been highly successful and effective. President Trump continues to at the utmost confidence is national security team, including National Security Advisor Mike Wallace. Now does that mean that he is golden?
Speaker 1: Is he safe?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far yet.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of discussion right now here in watch the group chats, the actual group chats, the secure ones that we're not in are flying. From what I'm told, people inside the White House are absolutely furious with Mike walls but they may And what I'm watching right now is a downplaying of this by Maga Fox News is Jesse Waters is defending him, being like, yeah, it's bad, it was a mistake. It won't happen again. But it's not like having a private email server or classified documents next to your corvette in your garage.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, dude, it's kind of this.
Speaker 4: It's kind of way worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's If anything, it might be worse.
Speaker 4: If they found war plans and Hillary's email Are you kidding right?
Speaker 3: It was just like appointments with like like ambassadors or whatever.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And just so people understand the context here of this internal battle and why it's playing out. Mike Waltz is the what do you call the anti America First coalition. Yes, he's in the faction of the administration that is more hawkish, more pro war yep than the America First section that is organized around say Pete Hegeth and Jamie Vance, who are more skeptical of war.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 4: And so that's why you're going to see, you know, by an effort to weaponize this in a way that in the past you wouldn't even had to weaponize it. Like you said, the guy would just resign.
Speaker 3: Yes, ass people who screw up like this understand last time.
Speaker 4: Hey, they're gonna get charged.
Speaker 3: This is even just this has take the ideology out of all of this. In Washington, there is a creed. The creed is the staffer is never the story. And when the stafford becomes a story, you have violated the sacred creed. So here you have a staffer who is breach national security classified information strike one that's immediately a fireable sense. Two, done something so stupid you now create a problem for your boss, okay, and then three you're actually caught having been in communication and obviously leaking to a reporter who your boss hates.
Speaker 1: Any one of those three is completely.
Speaker 4: A fire And I tweeted this yesterday, but a source who's familiar with what's going on here inside the administration said that that is the running understanding that he was in regular communication with Goldberg, and that Goldberg then so then people are a, well, why would Goldberg out him? This is what a journalist does. Yeah, it's good story, a good story, and he has other sources. Yeah, that's right, he doesn't need you solo at this point. He done something so dumb he would assume that it would be dumb enough to keep him around so he can just cultivate the next nation.
Speaker 3: And also he had no choice. Also, yeah, what's he going to not report this? I agree, you have to do it. If you have it, you got to do it. Okay, let's get over today. Israel block Ryan, tell us what's going on.
Speaker 4: Israeli military killed two journalists yesterday and what were both deliberate targeted strikes? One Mac Budmontsor was killed with his family in his home. The other, Hasam Shabbat, was killed while driving in his car. Hosam Shabbat was a contributor for drops Site. He had been in communication with Sharif A Del Cadus, his editor at drop Site, within just hours of having been assassinated, going over edits for his latest story, which was which we published yesterday afternoon. We can put this up on the screen and we'll have Sharif on the program tomorrow to talk more about Hossam's life and death. Sharif is joining Democracy now where he previously worked as as a correspondent, so you can check out his interview, which should be up later this morning.
Speaker 3: We'll also have him on tomorrow. Hosam is from Northern Gaza and.
Speaker 4: Was only twenty three when he was assassinated. If you remember, northern Gaza suffered the worst of the genocidal assault by Israel throughout the war. It was the first place that where people were displaced down to the south, and Shabbat was one of the very few journalists who both refused to leave and refused until yesterday to die so that he could bear witness to the ongoing assault on his people. There we can put up this element. There's been a lot of images that have been going around of Hosam. This is the moment when the ceasefire was you know, finally implemented back in January and the feeling of euphoria to have survived this genocidal assault. Here is another video that's that's been going around, which is a young girl stops him because you know, he had become a true hero to so many throughout Gaza for his relentless willingness to you know, run toward the fire to report what was what was going on. And so here is this young girl who's telling him that she had heard that he had been martyred, uh and it was devastating to her that hope, hope had drained from her when she had heard that rumor, because you know, there would be a lot of rumors that he had been killed because he was put on a literal hit list by the IDF before before he was finally assassinated for her, so when she saw him in person to realize that he was he was still there, still still steadfast, still reporting. She was telling him it was giving her hope that she could pursue her dream of becoming a journalist so she could speak the truth. And underneath it all is this this poignant belief that if the world only understood what was happening in Gaza, that the world, whatever the world is, that the world would step in, that the that there's that there's no way that we live in a on a planet that would allow this to happen. That the only explanation, the only way that you can rationalize the decency of humanity is that people just don't know. And so therefore you go out and you risk your life to make sure that people know, and then people will step in and say this is wrong, this has to stop. I think a lot of people, Hosam, I think towards the end have come to the conclusion that that may not be true, that the world does knows, nobody's going to stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in your discussions with him, was he aware that he was going to be targeted by these Oh yes military?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, they publicly they publicly announced that they intended to target him in five other journalists. And what's the just they were saying that the same justification that they use that he's a terrorist, right, which is like he's twenty three years old. He's been live streaming his life since October seventh. When did he have time to do this secret terrorism? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yesterday they say over six months ago he was roll within Hamas, was exposed to us here on x he carried out all of his actions under the cover as an al Jazeer journalist, and yesterday he was eliminated by the IDF. Don't let the press vest confuse you. He was a terrorist. Here's a document published in October of twenty twenty four proving his participation in.
Speaker 4: Hamas utter absurdity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is the just get.
Speaker 4: What is they just they just make stuff up? Yeah, they just they constantly make things up. You know with other journalists they've they've said that they were terrorists when they were seven years old. None of it, none of it makes any sense. And it doesn't it doesn't have to make sense.
Speaker 3: Like the.
Speaker 4: Any any journalist who gets any level of international attention is a target. And I say, what, like if you they have actually tried to put up some evidence and it just all falls apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my friend Trey Yanks over at Fox News ironically has been well, let's say what the only American mainstream vidia voice who's been speaking out for pals. Fox News reporter, Yes, he deserves old friend Redding consistently yeah, well there go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we cover the White House White House together for him, and he very consistently speaks out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, you know, Palestinian journalist Mohammed Matsur and Hassam Shabbat were killed by Israel today in Gaza. One hundred and twenty four journalists were killed around the world in twenty twenty four, two thirds of them were Palestinian. As he says, journalists must be protected amid war. You know, look, he has very little power, he can't really do anything about it. But people need to understand he's a Jerusalem based correspondent for Fox News. He is really military, can kick his ass out anytime that they want or not invite him on their little press tours inside of Gaza. So he's doing this at a literal risk to his life inside of Israel, considering the you know, like the the animosity and the way that you'll have governments ancstoring violence if they want to against any American who's inside of the country and basically just hoping, you know, there's enough of us out here in the you know, world superpower who might speak up for him or for.
Speaker 4: People to like and including twenty twenty three and also twenty twenty five. You're now at two hundred and eight media workers, which includes camera people and others who have been killed in Gaza. Yeah, since since since the start of the war. And yes, Trey has been criticized every time he stands up, and he continues to do it. I wish that more journalists would would do so because israel Is feels a deep sense of impunity, but not a complete and total sense of impunity. And so their ability to kill more than two hundred members of the media over the past year and a half plus and only get criticism from US here and from Trey, has emboldened them to continue to do it and to put people on a list and say we're going to kill them, to then kill them, and then to announce that they killed them and say that they did it because they're terrorists.
Speaker 3: At the very same time, Ryan, we got this from the Financial Times, curious for what your reaction is. Quote Israel Ready, let's put it up there on the screen. Israel Ready's plans for the occupation of Gaza.
Speaker 1: So what is military like?
Speaker 3: What is distinctive of this as opposed to previous quote occupations? Is this like settlement or is this you know, they've had invasion, they've had troops on the ground, obviously, I forget the name of the corridor that they've occupied. What makes this like a next step in the military campaign.
Speaker 4: So what they are saying is they're going to clear out huge areas of it and keep everybody in the sell Malwassee corridor, which would cannot hold the number of people that they're saying would fit in there. They have, but they have also created a basically department of Ethnic cleansing, a Ministry of Ethnic Cleansing that is going to facilitate this is what the agency says it's going to do, facilitate the removal of Palestinians from Gaza. So the idea would be that maybe you can't fit all of the Palestinians who are there now, well, they're going to continue killing them for some period of time. They're going to continue dying of malnourishment. You know, there has been no food that has gotten in since March second, and then they're going to keep the rest cramped in here Now, this does not account for how they plan on eliminating Hamas, which they failed to do after you know, a year and a half long campaign. It doesn't account for the tunnels, it doesn't account for the lack of kind of reservists and manpower.
Speaker 12: On which they are having major problems with, and it doesn't account for ammunition, like they fired off so much, you know it, so many tank shells and so many one five millimeter shells in this genocide so far that they're running.
Speaker 4: You know, they've been able to replenish in the meantime, but our production capacity is not unlimited, and they're firing it off at a pace that is higher than we can produce and that Pakistan and anybody else can secretly produce for them. So it's it's a sketch, it's an idea, and it's closer to a plan than the Israeli government has put out so far, which is previously has been zero plan, just going to continue this until American tells them to stop. But it has so many you know, gaping holes in it that the only way you could see it be successful is with a you know, massive scale depopulation of the of the area, which obviously is the vision, but whether or not they can achieve that remains to be seen.
Speaker 3: Why don't you tell us now about this uh no other Land situation?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my god, yeah, put this, put this next element up and and this news came out within you know, it felt like an hour or two? Was that within hours of a learning that our our drops dropsie colleague and m kills So Hamden Ballal, the co director of No Other Land, as reported by Yuvale Abraham, his his co director was lynched by a group of settlers. Now it appears that they did not kill him, beat him, beat him ruthlessly. He was able to get into an ambulance. The IDF then or some security force has stopped the ambulance and dragged him out and took him to detention. And as often happens, the victim of this attack becomes the one that then literally gets interrogated and charged with something related to the attack.
Speaker 3: So can we put the image of him up on the screen just identify for people who aren't familiar with the god.
Speaker 4: So that's you've you've all on the far right, and that's uh, that's Hamden there to his to his left, there bald bald headed gentleman.
Speaker 8: There he was.
Speaker 3: This is in the United States of America. He was Los Angeles. So he was here a few weeks ago on the stage of his oscar, accepting.
Speaker 4: This for a documentary, making the case that these violent settlers are illegally uprooting people from their land. And then he goes back to his land and the violent settlers continue trying to uproot him from his land, which goes to the point we're making about impunity that this this because there used to be at least this sense that, okay, this is a person that the West cares about. There are millions of Palestinians, you know that we could that we can kill or disappear. But there's a handful that the West has heard of, and so we're going to leave them alone. Right too, not even follow that norm anymore suggests how far that the society is going because and the settlers, the settler society is leading. That's that's the leading edge of this kind of and.
Speaker 1: We have ada of this attack.
Speaker 3: This was released by Yuvon Abraham, the co director of the film Guys, why don't we go ahead and play some of that so people can see I mean it's like out of a movie. If the group of these settlers that literally are throwing stones and you know, attacking him, as you said, after he's attacked, what he is then arrested in the ambulance by the Israeli security forces right right, and then taken into custody for basically no reason other than what was the gentation?
Speaker 1: They didn't even give one.
Speaker 8: There were some the.
Speaker 4: Allegations that there were some Palestinians who were throwing threw some stones back, and so that may be would be the I mean, being Palestinian, right and getting attacked is enough to get you arrested.
Speaker 3: Here is the latest update from you all as we are filming. He says he is now free and is about to go home with his family. But I mean, it's pretty insane ordeal, and it's very likely, as you said, Ryan, that he was likely only freed because of the international attention on his case. This is just minutes ago according to you all, Abraham, he says, after being handcuffed all night and beaten in a military base, Handan is now free and is about to go home to his family.
Speaker 8: So that's the update.
Speaker 4: We've partnered with you'vall too yeah, drop site. You've all's had an absolutely incredible run of journalism broken some of the some of the biggest stories on idea of war crimes, the use of AI to choose and then execute on targets, which is as dystoping a thing as you can imagine, Like you just feed information into this AI and it looks at names, and then and then with a vague like sign off, you see a building collapse.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then final thing because you know you talked about the film, but you watch this film.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, At the very least like.
Speaker 4: Hard to see here in the United States Oscar.
Speaker 3: You can barely ask you about that, So why don't you tell us about the difficulty of being they have.
Speaker 4: They have basically been unable to find a serious distributor in the United States that is willing to run this high profile OSCAR winning documentary that is at least half produced by Jewish Israelis.
Speaker 3: So think about like, right, and then remember the mayor of Miami Beach to try to shut down a theater that played.
Speaker 4: The document and not blocked the theater from playing it. Yeah, shut down the theater down. He has backed off of that at the very end we took it was weeks later he backed down. It's like he's like, that's the kind of thing you back down from within five minute. It's in a civilized society. He for weeks was like, Yeah, I'm gonna get this theater. It's unbelievable. And is it available on streaming? Do you know that's a good question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you can find it, right, I remember talk I forgot I totally forget his name. The person who did it's Brian Something. He did the the documentary on Jamal ka Shogi, if you'll recall, and he also did Icarus, so he was an Oscar winner. Yeah, he did Icarus, huge hit. Then he did his next movie on Jamal Kashowgi, and he couldn't get Netflix or anybody because he distributed exactly because Amazon and Netflix all these other people of all this business in Saudi Arabia, and people had to go and pay nineteen ninety nine or whatever on Amazon Prime just to rent the movie right just to be able to watch it.
Speaker 4: So I think that it looks like you may be able to pay eight ninety nine on Prime.
Speaker 8: Okay, but I get it.
Speaker 1: It's a little different.
Speaker 4: That's great that What that means is that it's not they did not license it is out included in your prime you have to spend on top of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, uh, insane story. Our producers brought it to light. One of our producers, Griffin, made a good point here is it's going to be Will anyone in Hollywood speak, Will the Academy speak up?
Speaker 4: You know, for one of their Oscar winners?
Speaker 3: Will anyone in Hollywood who was you know, ostensibly met this man, was on a stage with him.
Speaker 4: Washed probably you know, probably went to a party. I mean, he's a literal Oscar winner here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, in insane situation that this.
Speaker 4: All Adam McKay and Hassan Piker will are the only Los Angeles residents you're from. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Good point. All right, let's turn to soda.
Speaker 3: Now this we wanted to cover this yesterday, but we just talked too long with Glenn Greenwald, So we got to get this in here. Let's put it up there on the screen. A little mini scandal erupting. This is from en Tribalism in politics. Great account actual, by the way, and he says conservative and influencer are selling their souls. I'm going to add a allegedly there to soda lobbyists for a few extra bucks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they go to keep soda on Snap.
Speaker 3: Anyone backing this is not MAHA or make America health a gran make America healthy again. Their anti health, anti truth, and anti kids. It's time to expose the grifters trying to hijack the MAHA movement. So who is he talking about here? Let's go and put these up there on this screen, and what you guys can see in front of you are a series of tweets made by some pretty big conservative accounts. Let's go to the next part please, just to show people where they basically all boil down to the same talking points.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: Efforts to restrict Snap purchases takes away the autonomy of the consumer to make their own decisions. This is an example of government overreach, but an example of why people should strive not to be dependent on the government at all.
Speaker 1: Go to the next one.
Speaker 3: So these are all like pretty large accounts actually which you know significant following, et cetera. All of them just all seem to have the same language government overreach. They want to restrict a new war on soda, has begun targeting purchases made through Snap. This from Ian Miles Chong. I don't believe it's the government's role to decide what people should or shouldn't eat.
Speaker 4: Now, look, why did you say the government? Yeah, does not live here?
Speaker 1: That's right? Yeah, good point?
Speaker 4: What government?
Speaker 3: We need to make America a place where right wing influencers just live in America?
Speaker 5: Is it too much to ask?
Speaker 1: Is it too much to ask?
Speaker 4: All right? I guess, I mean it fits with my nationalist belief So I'm glad you agree with I mean, have a little light xenophobia.
Speaker 3: Ok, that guys, it's not xenophobic to just say, bro, you don't live here. You live in Islamic theocracy.
Speaker 4: Bro, Like, what are you? Why are you telling me about Snap? All right? Go find Jolo. That's what you should be focused. The government. Yeah yeah, the government. Yeah, the government is your government.
Speaker 1: You're Malaysian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go and find find to find We'll give you a citizenship, give us jolo. All right, that's that's my DEMENTI If you don't know what I'm talking about, million yeah, that's right. For people who don't know what we're talking about. Billion dollar wall, isn't there a documentary on this yesh, yeah, watch the documentary.
Speaker 4: Read more importantly than on the run, I'm inute.
Speaker 1: The book is.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right, you are in it.
Speaker 3: Because I texted you about it and I was like, oh my god, Ryan's and this Jolo documentary. Guys have to watch it. The book is unbelievable. It's genuinely unbelievable. That's just a side note. So Nick sorder great journalist. He uncovered what this all is. Let's put this up there on the screen. He shows us direct screenshots quote. These influencers were given a couple of templates to use by quote Influenceable. One of those templates specifically tells them to mention Trump's diet coke habit. This was done to invoke an emotional response from loyal Trump supporters, making them feel as if banning soda from snap snap is the food stamps program would be anti Trump. This is an incredibly dirty tactic meant to manipulate loyal followers. And you can actually see there's these soda bands and government over regulation, and it says up at the top the campaign highlights the dangers of government overregulation. The narrative emphasizes how such regulation is an overreach that unfairly targets consumer choice, key resources Trump with diet Coke image, and he goes on to say that these influencers were texted by Influenceable telling them to help push back against government overreach and told that they would be paid between several hundred and even one thousand dollars for each post, attempting to turn MAGA folks against RFK Junior and Maha.
Speaker 1: Now again, whatever you think.
Speaker 3: About this whole soda thing, you might even agree, right, I suspect that you do agree. I don't fear that you're getting paid a thousand rucks by the big soda lobby to say what you think. And you would think, you know, maybe I'm naive. I've never been paid to post literally anything in my entire life, and so, you know, I just thought that we all just post what we're thinking, you know, and then we all make our money in the way that we do our job.
Speaker 1: But for some people, this is their job, you know.
Speaker 3: I just thought that, at least in politics, again naively, you usually do it by building up an audience, telling people what you think, criticize whatever you know. But it's not like fashion. It makes sense that a fashion influencer will be paid by fashion companies, but here you're literally watching under the table deals to post political opinions and advocacy, specifically for the purpose of trying to shape government regulation. So it actually tells us a lot both about the right wing ecosystem where so many of these people are genuinely for sale. Also a thousand bucks what will come on?
Speaker 1: You know you guys make that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes a long way in Malaysia, not for the rest. It's like, really, you're not making money elsewhere. I know all of your people, I know how you're making money. You making money, You're doing speaking fees and all this other stuff. So I guess this fits into that. But it's like, is it really worth it, you know, being outed as a joke like this, because why should anybody ever trust any of you ever?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 3: And now you know, you just can't help but notice and continue about how many of these campaigns are so obviously organized behind the scenes. Maybe whenever it applies to a foreign country, you know, I might be noticing some of that as well. Very interesting. Everybody always seems to be on script. Sometimes the script is real and they actually believe it. But it's pretty it's just obvious in this case, and again allegedly for some of those people hasn't been confirmed, but they haven't denied it either, that they're being paid to do this. The policy implications of it are actually important because there it is an ongoing fight within the MAHA movement to try and remove unhealthy food and soda from the food stamp program. And again, we can have a big political fight about it if we want to, but we should at least have some good faith. I would think online that these people aren't getting paid to post their opinions, and they obviously are.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you saw any of those accounts, you should asking questions, ask them some questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, which other of your opinions?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Which other ones you've been have paid for it? Right?
Speaker 9: That this is?
Speaker 1: Do you believe this is really?
Speaker 8: Literally?
Speaker 4: And then there's going to be a troll farm underneath all of these paid for by the Soto lobby that will be like Ian is so right, it's based?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Great? Great? Take Yeah. On the On the policy itself, I have an unpopular opinion on this probably you know, I grew up on food stamps and I hate any nanny state humiliation of the poor. I just I say I want poor people to be treated like human beings like everybody else, and that if other people are allowed to buy terrible things, they should be able to buy terrible things. Now, I would say, let's.
Speaker 3: Start with I mean, you can buy terrible things with your own mind. You could buy anything you want with your own.
Speaker 4: Mind, I know, because America just cares so deeply about the poor.
Speaker 3: Okay, but but this is separate argument, right, which is we can care more about the poor, which.
Speaker 4: It's just about. Well, yeah, the then increase the snap benefit, you know, help help actually help people out. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel very torn about it.
Speaker 3: The food system is obviously the number one culprit here that the people who designed all of this in the first place to make it so.
Speaker 4: Stop the subsidies of the sugar industry, right, well, why do we you both right?
Speaker 1: And that's what I would say, would say, Okay, we'll send the subsidies.
Speaker 3: Let's make it so that the soda programs and others aren't even available in what high schools and others. I remember reading about the word to keep soda in high school. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that's completely insane, right. I think if you want to use government policy to make America healthy, do it for everybody. Yeah, I agree with that. And so then tax, you know, put a tax on sugar stuff and take this literally, because Florida is so important to our politics, sugar gets massive amounts of subsidies. And it's not just because Florida is important. It's also because the sugar lobby then uses the money and buides off politicians. Just just literally get rid of the subsidy and make sugar compete, Like why do we like you? Flip the box over and look at added sugars. It's like, really, cheese, its needs added sugars. Like cheese, its will be fine without the added sugars. Good luck. Go through the grocery store and try to find something that doesn't have added sugars, like whole wheat bread. Flip the whole wheatbread over. It's like added sugars, Like, oh my god, why are you adding sugar to wheat bread?
Speaker 3: It is Look it's have I could cause your subsidized to do it. It's it's not just upsy though. This is where it's on the consumer as.
Speaker 4: Well, and I don't think you consumer's on. They go into a lab and they figure out what makes your brain go big, Yes and no.
Speaker 3: But I mean the thing is is that if you just look at the amount of processed food that we consume now, it is just exponential compared to the past.
Speaker 1: In fact, I think that's the right.
Speaker 3: But that's not because that's not because consumers led a movement and we're like, well, that is more processed food. We're responding a bit to consumer choice. Like the truth is, you can eat healthy if you want to, you just have need time. And the people think what people don't have is time. And it's very cook Cooking is a pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: You can do it, you know.
Speaker 3: It's actually quite cheap if you want to. But the point the problem is that it takes a lot of the slow people are busy the crockpot. Yeah, you can crock pot it up.
Speaker 4: It's not that hard.
Speaker 3: But again it's about intention and brain space, which most people are busy and they don't have the time, or you have two parent households who are working. I don't blame anybody out there if you put something in the microwave, and even working for twelve hours a day. And let's say your husband's on a night shift and you're on the day shift and you're the sole caregiver. Listen, I'm here, I'm here for you. I'm with you. I'm not going to lecture you and tell you, oh, it's so easier whatever. I totally agree we should design the system to change things a little bit.
Speaker 4: Snap should cover diapers, it should cover medicine, like SNAP should be Snap should be able to cover things that you really need. Are they not other programs?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: Diapers?
Speaker 4: I know that's a big one about silent all. Like your kid's got one hundred and four fever and they want fifteen dollars for this bottle of tile and all that they keep behind the lock and key, and you can't use your benefits for it. What good is being able to but you can use soda. See that's where That's where I am.
Speaker 3: Like the things that are included in that are very obviously part of very obviously included as part of a lobbying campaign that has been very successful over the last several years.
Speaker 4: So we'll return to the story. Like air, there's like a hot food thing. You can't get hot food, but I thought you could. There's a loophole where I've seen him in seven to eleven before. Well, there's various loopholes where if you can buy it cold but then it's heated.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: So like this, I used to be able to get shrimp because you'd get the shrimp cold. Yeah, but then they'll steam it for you. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: Publics will do that. I think people always say, so that was a great public that would be covered.
Speaker 4: But if it's already steamed, forget it. It's not for you for it.
Speaker 3: Let's get over to twenty three and me. I definitely wanted to include the story in here. This has touched a nerve everywhere. So twenty three and Me. The company obviously very famous. It popularized the whole DNA testing thing to see your heritage. People found lost relatives, and there were great stories ancestry dot com. Well, now we're seeing the downside of some decades long voluntarily millions of people just giving DNA samples to private companies. Private companies have the ability to just sell it off if they want. They don't necessarily keep your data all that secure. They claim that you can have your data deleted? Is it really deleted? Well, now the company is going into bankruptcy, and its bankruptcy means that its assets. The only valuable thing on its balance sheet is what your DNA. If you submitted your DNA there our own James Lee did a video about it. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: Heads up, if you've ever given your DNA to twenty three and meters, you should probably go and delete that right now. This morning it was announced that twenty three and meter filed for bankruptcy and that it's CEO and with Jeki was resigning. Twenty three and me is, of course the DNA testing company. They said that this morning. Twenty three and me shares dropped more than fifty percent in early trading after the company filed for bankruptcy late Sunday, blah blah blah, shareholder value whatever. Here is what's actually alarming. Quote twenty three and Me's global database has grown into a virtually unprecedented repository of human genetic information that can now be sold in bankruptcy proceedings.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: The privacy statement of twenty three and meters says that, quote if they are involved in a bankruptcy merger acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets. Your personal information may be access, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. So what does that mean, Well, it means that the DNA that you've given them could be scooped up by whoever and used in all sorts of crazy ways, things like maybe cloning you without your permission. Your DNA could be sold to malicious actors who could then use that DNA and leave it at crime scenes that you were never at. Of course, bioweapons is always a possibility. I mean, okay, those are admittedly kind of crazy examples. Maybe they won't happen, But then there are those mundane use cases that probably will happen, one of which is insurance companies using that DNA data to deny you coverage, which is something they'd definitely love to do. So if you don't want that, here are the instructions on how you could delete your data from twenty three and meters past time read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, actually, yesterday after the news broke, the d twenty three meters website was experiencing problems because so many people were trying to delete their data. But you know, that's a drop in the bucket if we're being real of the fifteen million DNA samples that they have. Regulators are starting to take notice. The government of California, let's put this up there. The Attorney General is now urgently issuing a consumer alert for twenty three and meters customers, asking them to take down their genetic data. One point somebody made to me Ryan is that this is actually really scary because the worst this is the most mundane but dystopian use case. Let's say you're a healthcare company and you want to decide whether to ensure somebody or not, or how to adjust their premiums.
Speaker 1: What would you do me?
Speaker 3: I would buy let's say, genetic repository of fifteen million people, and then I would cross reference your name with any of the samples of your relatives and see what you are genetically predisposed to pre diabetic. Oh, let's add five more dollars a month to your premium. You won't even notice it. You'll just think that that's your quote. You also have something called an LM, which would easily be able to use AI and others to scrub those and flag let's say the top ten percent of the most unsurable people and then do everything you can bureaucratically to make sure that those people never become a customer of yours and give them a sky high premium whenever they apply, or let's say, deny them coverage here or there, and you can move things in a direction. And you know, if you're let's say United Health Group or Blue Cloth Cross or any of these other people, you have market caps in the hundreds of billions. This isn't going to cost anything to be able to buy this, and the potential savings for you in the future sky.
Speaker 4: High, rare. Moment to be a tiny bit grateful to Obamacare, which really because before Obamacare there was no ceiling on what you could charge for somebody with a pre existing condition, and in fact, if you were a cancer survivor, you could be straight up told no, we're actually not going to ensure you. Obamacare said you can. You basically have to keep it within this range and you can't move it much. And so, but what they will do is they would use this data and move the people that they can all the way up up to hear he'd be like, oh gee, why how'd that happened? And you don't even know because it wasn't even your DNA that got tested somebody else's.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the craziest thing.
Speaker 3: And I really have complicated feelings about this one, right, because we all love when the Golden State killer gets caught.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic. It's like, well, how did they do it?
Speaker 3: Well, they took his DNA and they uploaded it to like ten different websites, and they found his fourth cousin, and they worked his way down from the fourth cousin.
Speaker 1: Down this tree.
Speaker 3: And then we figured out this was the only guy who could have done it.
Speaker 4: And you're like, I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: It's pretty creepy.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 1: He was just the first.
Speaker 3: There's been multiple killer actually, who are rapists who have been caught because by using this DNA database since twenty twenty. They're fascinating stories to read, but they do raise a lot of questions about privacy, et cetera. And here it's a private company. They can do whatever they want with this Ryan. Yes, they have to abide by some regulation. You have regulators who have to approve any said sale. But I mean that healthcare one I just gave. There's nothing technically that violates your privacy about that one, right, it's just that it would be used for super dystopian ends. So it's one of those where look, I never I never participated in one of these specifically because I was always afraid of things like this, and so I guess if they really will delete your data, it's worth trying, you know, right now, because this is scary stuff. And don't forget that already twenty three and me had been hacked previously. Let's put it up there on the screen. This was just you know, a few years ago. Yeah, February of twenty twenty four, hackers got nearly seven million people's data from twenty three and meters. The firm blamed users quote for not securing it enough. This was I believe it was sold on the dark web or others. And there's apparently been allegations that the Chinese government and other large data brokerages have been trying and stealing this stuff now for years and years. So this is just a wake up call really about the entire industry. And I hope that everybody pays attention. If you did submit your data to one of these, you know, maybe try and go and delete it after they've.
Speaker 1: Given what it is, or alert your relatives.
Speaker 3: I know, a lot of elderly people were doing People were giving it as gifts because they thought it was fun, and I totally get it, you know, for looking back into it. But they're real downside here, you know, in terms of what this could all become, especially in the age of AI. I think it's very scary filming that has been flagged to me by multiple different people, and I have noticed this one hit a nerve. The twenty three and me people are really upset at the idea that their you know, most intimate thing about themselves and their bodies, their genetics, their family could be used for such nefarious purposes. They were assured that this was just about ancestry, and now that the company's in bankruptcy, it literally they have a fiduciary responsibility to seek the highest.
Speaker 4: Better I think that we should trust whatever company chairman she sends out to buy this data to use it in a way that is best for the beneficial for mankind, mankind and our collective betterment.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, movie, right, Ryan, Maybe we should just surrender to our Chinese overlords, which is a good transition to, of course, something that we uh near and dear. Here to the show's heart, which is the state of the electric vehicle market. It's just unbelievable that the world's greatest electric vehicles are not here in the United States, and we are being lapped and crushed so deeply that influencers and others who are really into cars, who don't even think about geopolitics or any of that, are experiencing them and posting videos for nerds like me to be able to watch and lust after these.
Speaker 1: Look I say this with no pleasure. It gives me no pleasure.
Speaker 4: You know what was gives me the pleasure?
Speaker 3: What did the least men to say? She was like, it gives me no pleasure to report this that we're getting destry.
Speaker 1: They we're getting destroyed.
Speaker 3: Here here's a video of very popular streamer I Show Speed otherwise known as Speed, apparently a very popular guy here in America, experiencing a Chinese vehicle for the first time.
Speaker 1: Blown away by how fast it is. Let's take a listen. Gord called retall us about six seventy thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Seventy thousand, and it's faster than my Lamborghinea.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately it is an it's electric, all right, So I'm doing a little total Let me see, let me see.
Speaker 4: That's all whoa faster than that?
Speaker 3: Bro, ain't no way, yo?
Speaker 1: Maybe a little more up to sevent bro hold.
Speaker 8: On at.
Speaker 4: Yo, ain't no way?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 8: Really yeah, I'm ready. So he calls seventy thousand.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: My Limborghinea calls two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Lest planning China costs about one hundred of bit more one hundred What the hell?
Speaker 1: It just funny to watch them react there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it's comparable to a Tesla Model Sue Plaid in terms of zero sixty speed, but the cost differential there is a pretty significant I'm not sure what a models Plaid would running these days, probably like one hundred thousand, one hundred and twenty thousands of fifty thousand dollars cheaper.
Speaker 4: The reason why we're of magnitude more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Highlight this because the sales numbers out of BYD are insane.
Speaker 1: Let's go and put this up there. Just came out yesterday.
Speaker 3: The annual sales have now topped one hundred billion dollars as of yesterday. This is the I mean, twenty nine percent increase in overall BYD revenue just from last year.
Speaker 4: I can't even think of a car company in the.
Speaker 3: United States because twenty nine percent increase year over year in its sales domination one hundred billion dollar level, huge percentage of those compared to last year actually being exported across the world, it says, quote, Unlike it's US rival Tesla, which sells only fully electric vehicles and reported revenue of ninety eight billion, China has benefited from the resurgent demand in China for hybrid vehicles. This is BYD specifically, And I actually thought, that's the most interesting thing that I've learned about all of this is their plug in hybrid market is just so fundamentally different than ours.
Speaker 1: I looked into it.
Speaker 3: The farthest range of probaug in hybrid you can get in the United States, it's something like four hundred or so miles. We're talking here about cars that have thirteen hundred. Put the next one up there, just to show people plug in hybrid with thirteen hundred miles of total range, and we're talking.
Speaker 4: This is like a sedan right now. Look at all the Alexis that can get six or seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Now, oh, is there I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: That may not have been available in the US though, from what I looked at a car and driver or whatever. And you know, Toyota RAB for prime is good at get It's got a forty mile electric battery. It's like, okay, cool, these guys have three hundred electric mile battery plus a eight hundred miles take a gas.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. It means like you don't have to stop.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: The point, first of all, put the caveats from a lot of the America firsters, like, oh, they're lying about their range. EPA range very different than the Chinese range. You have to chop thirty five percent. I'm like, okay, I'll chop thirty five percent off. It's still double then whatever we get over here. It is just obvious now every serious industrial person, I speak to, every serious cars person, I speak to every serious car reviewer, and all that.
Speaker 1: If you are interested at all in.
Speaker 3: Electric vehicles, the Chinese are kicking our ass. There's just no question about it. And their ability to have sales and export all across the global market is disrupting a core part of American industry, and we just have no capability yet for catch up, no plan, nothing, It just directly shows the difference in our two economic models. My friend Joe Weisenthal has a great statistic, so I actually want to read it to all of you.
Speaker 4: It is let's see here, here we go.
Speaker 3: One of the most important facts about the world is that in the last fifteen years, China has become the global manufacturing powerhouse.
Speaker 4: At the cutting edge of multiple industries.
Speaker 3: But the Shanghai Composite stock index is scarcely above where it was in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: So our stocks are way up. But is our material life all that better? You should ask that question for yourself. Our meme stocks are way up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Armies, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Let's look at how we got here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In the nineteen sixties, LBJ gave a speech about climate change. In the nineteen seventies, Jimmy Carter put solar panels on the roof of the White House, though Reagan took them off amid a massive disinformation and lobbying campaign from big oil and big Auto, and they and big oil and big Auto spent the next three decades saying, at first there was no climate change, and also what we need to do is block the EPA from even raising mileage standards, so like for a while in the nineties you started to actually see mileage standards go up, so we weren't getting electric vehicles, but at least like you were getting a little bit more per gallon. And that was even too much of a threat to the to the oil companies, and so they roll that back and then we do an entire war in the Middle East to make sure we have more oil. Like that is our That was the American strategic approach to this recognition that a transition was coming. China is like, let's build up a manufacturing base using American no how and then build up this a dominant electric vehicle manufacturing capacity. And here we are, like they can now sell these dope cars for like thirteen thousand dollars even with one hundred percent tariff, they would be able to sell them here in the US. So they're gonna have to like do a two hundred percent or they're market complete. I actually looked into it because I'm curious. By the way, Yeah, let me do this announcement now. I would like, I think it's time I need to drive one of these things. I've got to So if you have a laun up.
Speaker 3: If you know anybody out there who has a connection to a BYD to a zoom, can you drive them in the US or do you have to people do have them here. I think I forget exactly legally the loophole that they're able to import them.
Speaker 4: I think maybe car companies and others.
Speaker 3: I've seen car YouTubers, you know, people who've been able to get their hands on at this time, it's now time. Specifically, I'm in love with the Yang Wang eight. It's like a land Rover Defender style BYD luxury vehicle.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: I need to drive it. I need to get my hands on any BYD so and maybe I can produce one of these videos for the Breaking Points channel. So anybody out there please reach out to us if you have a line on a byd Ao me. I'll drive anything if it's an electric vehicle made in China. I just want to see what the competition is like and not just have to watch other people's videos. But with that, we've got a great guest standing by Jefferson Morley, one of the most preeminent journalists on the JFK assassination. He was going to break down the files for US.
Speaker 4: One week ago today there was a large release from the JFK archive. And you all know who we're going to ask to come on to talk about It's our friend of the show, Jefferson Morley uh, veteran journalist who has been going through these records for many decades.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we won't. We don't want to. We don't want to date you. It's thank you a couple of years. Yeah, it's been a few months at least, and we wanted to wait to have you on so that you had time to kind of digest. You know, when stuff first comes out, you're like, oh wow, look at this. You're like, oh wait, they already released this. They just put a different date on it and did a different kind of redaction.
Speaker 8: I had that familiar dismal experience.
Speaker 11: Fifteen minutes after the sixty thousand pages of material drop, I get a call and somebody say, is there a smoking gun? And I say, well, I'm only reading the third document of the six So yes, after a week, we've had a chance to absorb and figure out what's important here.
Speaker 8: So there's a couple of things. You know, we need to step back.
Speaker 11: We're not going to get the answer in the day people want a smoking gun, I say, don't look for a smoking gun, look for a fact pattern.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, don't push the string of a theory.
Speaker 11: Look for a fact pattern, and let the fact pattern tell you what's really going on here. And after sixty years, with this very significant disclosure that we got last week, the story of what happened in nineteen sixty three is becoming clearer. Two documents came out that I think are really important, and they kind of set the stage for what we're going to learn and what we have learned. And you know, I want to caution you people, this is a very complicated story. We're talking about covert operations, so they're wrapped in official secrecy, they're wrapped in deceptive statements, and we're only learning about them many years later. But as we learn about them, we do see a new fact pattern. So that's one thing. Okay, what are the important documents? The first, I think is one that really sets the stage. It's a memo that Arthur Schlessinger wrote to President Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Is the F two.
Speaker 4: If we can put this out, let's put it up on the screen.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The whole page of this document had been secret for sixty two years on you can see that on the left and on the right it was what we got last week. And this is a very significant chapter because what's this memo? Kennedy is furious after the Bay of Pigs. He felt that the CIA was trying to impose their foreign policy on him, and he said, how could I have been so dumb? And he raised there's a quote that you'll see all the time. I want to split the CIA into a thousand pieces and scattered to the winds. He said that to a New York Times reporter who reported it later. But when Kennedy calmed down, he said, well, you know what can I do? And Arthur's Lessons or a liberal advisor, said well, what you could do is you could reorganize the CIA, and he writes a long memo's if you want to do that, mister president, here's how you do it, and here's why you do it. And this page that was kept secret for sixty years really tells the why of what Kennedy wanted to do. Now, ultimately Kenny didn't do it right. It's a big job to reorganize the CIA. He had other priorities. He decided not to do it. But this is an insight into his thinking, and it's an insight into his thinking that the CIA didn't want anybody to know what that Why?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 4: What does it tell us?
Speaker 8: It tells us a bunch of things.
Speaker 11: What Cezenger is talking about in this passage is what's called controlled American sources. These are American sources that are we totally control CIA officers who work for the US government in official cover positions. And Selessenger says, you know, the CIA is encroaching on your foreign policy. And he says, at the time of year inauguration, forty seven percent of the State Department political officers around the world were in fact CIA office forty seven percent. We knew a lot of CIA officers took those cover positions, we didn't know half of they had half of them. That's in nineteen sixty, I mean, and it made me wonder, what's that figure today?
Speaker 8: And you know what Deep States probably just you know, it's a classified secret. So this is very sensitive stuff.
Speaker 11: One hundred and twenty three people were working in the Paris embassy were with the CIA, and in there Flessenger tells a very telling anecdote in nineteen sixty one, there was an attempted coup against French President Charles de Gaul.
Speaker 8: He was trying to pull out of Algeria. Algeria was kind of like Vietnam for America.
Speaker 11: It was like this intractable foreign involvement and just ultimately we just had to get out. But very divisive at home, and so divisive in fact, that the right wing in the French government went after de Gaul and they were going to overthrow him.
Speaker 8: And the story was that it was known that.
Speaker 11: The CIA station in Paris was on the top floor of the US embassy, and the story was the lights in the embassy were on all night on the night of the of the coup, and de Gaull always thought that the CIA was behind that coup. A year later, when a group of assassins from the same right wing faction try and ambush to Gaull on it when he's going to his country house and almost succeed.
Speaker 8: Unlike Kennedy, Degall.
Speaker 11: Had a very good driver and when the shots rang out, he did exactly the right thing and evaded the gunfire and de Gaull escaped. But de Gall thought the CIA knew about that attempt on his life and Degall never believed the official story of the assassination. So that story, this, this memo, that page is the origin story of the mistrust between the CIA, between Kennedy and the CIA that would endure for the rest of his presidency.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: I think it's so important for you to lay that out in.
Speaker 4: The suspicion that the CIA might assassinate it.
Speaker 1: So what is the decision tree that flows from this memo?
Speaker 3: How do we then get to characters like Angleton and Okay, the organization of an eventual alleged plot.
Speaker 11: Right, So the second most important document that came out it's not it's actually not one document. It was nine documents about four about nine documents about about James Angleton. And you know, so I don't go looking for one document that's going to tell me the whole thing. When you look at these documents taken together you and documents that have been released in recent years, you understand something that I just don't think people. I mean, I know, no one knows, and the mainstream media organizations just don't want to talk about it. Okay, Lee, Harvey Oswald was not a loan nut. He was a known quantity to a small group of CIA counter intelligence officers for four years between nineteen fifty November nineteen fifty nine November nineteen sixty three. We now have all of the information that the CIA had on Oswald's forty two documents, one hundred and eighty pages of material.
Speaker 8: And you know he was followed from beginning to end.
Speaker 11: There was no point in those four years, or very few points in those four years where top people in the CIA did not have Lee Harvey Oswald's home address.
Speaker 8: Wow, between November nineteen fifteen, and the guy's moving all the time.
Speaker 11: He goes to Moscow, to Minsk, he comes back to the Fort Worth, he moves to Orleans, he comes back to Dallas, he goes to Mexico, he comes back to Dallas. Every step of the way, top people in the CIA knew about it. So that alone is you know, that's another thing that sets the context.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 11: I have a lot of arguments with you know, mainstream media generals who say, you know, they were just incompetent, you know, they just missed him. Okay, Well, a couple of things. And this is what's important about the document that came out last week, Angleton. This new document shows lied under oath to JFK investigators. And there's a very stark exchange in the new document which shows very clearly so that he lied about Oswald's involvement in one CIA project, but Oswald tripped many CIA.
Speaker 8: So what Angleton was hiding and what the CIA was hiding was and what the story.
Speaker 11: Of the quote unquote Loan Gunman hides is this extraordinary level of interest at the top of the CIA in this alleged pathetic, sociopathic, you know, loser who nobody would ever care about, or so we are often told. And yet James Angleton, one of the smartest, most capable intelligence officers of his generation, regarded as the premier counterintelligence officer in the Western world, is paying attention to Lee Harvey Oswell for four years. The CIA has never explained this, so because they don't have to, because reporters from the New York Times don't go and say, what is this?
Speaker 8: You know, and and you have this weird cognitive dissonance going.
Speaker 11: On where, you know, people won't look at this new evidence, they won't talk about it, they won't cover it because it works like this, Well, you know, that's a piece of evidence that's you know, that's of interest to Morley, and we know he's a conspiracy theorist, so that's kind of tainted evident, and we don't need to think about it because we know for sure that Oswell killed the president, right, you know, it's like and so that's been going on for years, and so you know, nobody knows the story that's just coming into view. So you know, I'm saying somehow this is part of the JFK story. Can't You can't say? One question was does this change the narrative?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: One document changes the narrative, But the entire.
Speaker 11: Oswald file that James Angleton had on his desk when Kennedy left for Dallas, that changes the narrative. You know what the file shows. There were two FBI reports on Oswald, everything he had been doing recently, He'd gotten arrested, he'd gone to Mexico City, he'd come back. Two FBI reports saying Oswald's in Dallas. They land on Angleton's desk on November fourteenth and fifteenth, nineteen sixty three. Never been explained. Wow, So that's where we're at. And you know, will they will the CIA explain? You know, unlike the FBI, the CIA has not turned over any new documents as a result of Trump's order. The CIA, I would say, is not in compliance with Trump's order. They have JFK documents in their possession. So what happens with the CIA?
Speaker 8: You know, are they going to turn over the JFK documents they have in their hands. That's you know, that's a big question.
Speaker 11: But with these two diacments, I mean, I think we see kind of the big picture of Kennedy in conflict with his national security establishment and CIA officers paying close attention to the man who supposedly killed him. And we're going to learn more about that. And it is complicated, but I'll tell you a little bit of good news. I am going to testify before Representative Luna's hearing on JFK on April first, and I'm going to talk about this and you need to slow down. And I'm hoping that I'll have the time to explain to the task force, you know, what this story is and how we can get the rest of it. You know what's interesting about this story is, you know, I'm so happy to be here because right now, requests for interviews are running about two to one, three to one in favor of conservative sites.
Speaker 8: Oh really, yeah, right, Jesse Waters called me up. Jesse is my new best friend.
Speaker 11: I go on a show and he's like those Democrats they're burning down the tesla is all over the world.
Speaker 8: And I'm sitting there, man, I can't afford a Tesla. I drive a Nissan road.
Speaker 4: Was asking you about tesla?
Speaker 11: Yeah no, he didn't, So no, that was the show before and I think I'm going to say something to this I'm going to say something to this guy. And then he comes on and he does like a four minute introduction to JFK's story, and it's like, I pretty much agree with that, Jesse, you know, and you know what I realized. I think what the JFK issue does is it's unites the anti war.
Speaker 8: Base on both sides. On the left.
Speaker 11: You know, people remember Kennedy as an inspiring leader, wants to end the Cold War, wants to take the American Empire in a new direction. And our anti war today right like whatever the details of Ukraine and gods it, we're against those wars because we're against war in general. You know, we don't think there's good wars. Those wars could have been prevented and on the right, we have a similar sentiment. It's more about we don't want to spend our blood and treasure on foreigners, Okay, but it's anti war also, it's an abhorrence of war. That's what's driving the JFK story, and that's what brings people together, and that's why I have no problem going on.
Speaker 8: Jesse wat.
Speaker 4: Angleton's relationship with Israeli intelligence has also been getting a lot of attention.
Speaker 8: You unpacked.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I talked about don't look at one document, look at nine documents. So the nine documents about Angleton tell two stories that are important. One is about the birth of co intel Pro. Okay, coin tel Pro is typically thought of as an FBI program, right j Edgar Huber, It's associated with jaig Gar Huber, But co intel Pro was really a joint CIA FBI program and which Angleton has counterintelligence chief, had a lot of influence on a counterintelligence program of the FBI. So that's one thing, and we can talk about how that emerged. That's a very interesting story that doesn't take you into the history of JFK's assassination, but takes you at a history of the repression of the left and the sixties.
Speaker 8: Very important story.
Speaker 11: Yes, And the stuff about the fair Play for Cuba committee that's in here, that's another story that's coming. And I've got another good story about CIA spies in New Orleans.
Speaker 8: It's very cool to be fun. So I'm going to tease that for you.
Speaker 11: But the other thing that the Angleton, the nine Angleton documents that came in was his very close relations with the Israelis, and he gave testimony. Angleton gave testimony to the Church Committee in June nineteen seventy five. He'd just been fired from the ci IS eager to justify himself and you say it, look, I'm really I was doing good. And he explains his extraordinary relationship with the Israeli security services going back to nineteen fifty one when he and David ben gury and come over and make a deal with Alan Dulles about how the two intelligence services will share information. That story of Angleton and the Israeli Services, which I talk about in my book about Angleton, the Ghost, and let me plug that right now.
Speaker 1: Go to Lincoln description.
Speaker 8: Yes, the go it's the Secret Life of James Jesus.
Speaker 11: Angleton tells this story and I had read a lot of these documents when I'd read all of these documents when I did my book, and now for the first time I see them and we understand the Angleton story with nuclarity, the birth of co intel Pro and the birth of US Israeli strategic relationship. Angleton, you know, like him or not. You know, people told me, people who liked him, said, this guy's a world historic figure. And you know, you can say he's sinister and he did bad things and all that, but that is not an unfair estimation of James Angleton. And he's at the center of what we're learning about the JFK story.
Speaker 1: This is where I am.
Speaker 3: This is my brain always gets so taken to about the co Intel Pro, like you were saying, and so you know, I was curious if we shed even more light.
Speaker 1: This gets to a bigger question. Ben Shapiro recently had a viral clip.
Speaker 3: I talked about it in your introduction before you were here, about where he was like, who cares who killed JFK? And he's like, I think it's interesting, but it's you know, what happened in nineteen sixty three. We're in twenty twenty five. And so I talked to Oliver Stone about this. He gave me such a poetic answer, But I want to ask you the same thing. Why does it matter who killed JFK?
Speaker 11: Because when JFK was killed and there was no accountability, the American empire took a turn. Kennedy was trying to steer the ship one way, and when Kennedy was killed and there was no accountability, the ship was steered another way and we never had a.
Speaker 8: Course correction after that.
Speaker 11: Because the faction that avoided accountability with Kennedy's murder and avoided responsibility for it, they had impunity and they could dominate all the policy debates that followed. And also because they had the secrecy of apparatus, the apparatus of secrecy around them.
Speaker 8: You know, why does it matter?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 11: We are attacking the houthies, Okay, people who you know, post no threat to the American people.
Speaker 3: You know, as our vice president says secretly, chat, we only have three percent of the trade that moves through this.
Speaker 1: Why are we doing this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And so you know, I imagine a young John F.
Speaker 11: Kennedy running for president and here we're bombing the hell out of these people seven thousand miles away, And I Remember what JFK said at American University. We do not want a pas Americana. We are not the world's policeman. That would be JFK's message to us today, and that's the relevance for Ben Shapiro right there. We do not want a Pax Americana. Imagine the Democratic presidential candidate saying that today. I think if one did, they would find a lot of success.
Speaker 4: Right And I think the fact that there was no accountability led to what, to me is the most salient fact about JFK's assassination that pretty much every president after him, definitely Johnson, definitely Nixon. You can talk about whether it's every single one whether or not the CIA or the Security Services killed Kennedy. Those presidents believed that they did or probably did. And as the person now occupying that chair, that changes your calculation when you're in the room with them talking about out how many covered agents they've got in the embassy, whether or not you're going to reduce You can hear it in Johnson's phone calls. He's terrible, like Chuck Schumer, saif is going to find out that the CIA.
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like, oh, they're going to find It's like, oh my god, we're just saying this stuff out loud.
Speaker 1: You can hear with Nixon, you know Nixon.
Speaker 3: I mean not that he was a great guy or whatever, but you could hear the terror in him and his alman's voice with Hoover, like we got I.
Speaker 8: Tell you story. I tell a story in my book. Nixon calls Helms into the overlop.
Speaker 4: I want that report on the Van Pigs goddemmic.
Speaker 11: Right, and Elms is like, mister president, why do you lead that? And you hear Nixon say it the who shot John Angele Nixon thought he knew, yeah exactly. Johnson told Walter, one of his aides, that he thought that the CIA was involved.
Speaker 8: He didn't believe the Warren Commission.
Speaker 11: And I always ask people, you know if Lyndon Johnson, who appointed the Warren Commission, didn't believe its conclusions.
Speaker 8: Like why should right? Right? Like, well, why is that irrational?
Speaker 4: Where do you come down, by the way on Johnson's knowledge or.
Speaker 11: I think the most telling thing about Lyndon Johnson is that within two days he said, we have to prove Oswald acted alone. Yes, right, I mean he's he's ordered his finding before the investigation has begun.
Speaker 8: What was he afraid of? You know, he was afraid that he would have to investigate.
Speaker 11: His own government and tear his own government apart, or he would have to go to war with the Soviet Union or Cuban and he didn't want to do either one of those things.
Speaker 8: So Oswald was the perfect solution, the patsy, the fall guy. It's all his fault, nothing's wrong. Let's move along, people, And that was the political.
Speaker 11: Solution, and it held and and a lot of people bought it, and a lot of people bought it for the best reasons. You know, we believe in our government, and you know, there's a terrible tragedy and we have to cope with it somehow, and there's this story. It's hard to believe, but you know, let's get on with it. And people's trust was really abused. And you know, and now you know, here's where the CIA inherits the whirlwind because their bogus story about Lee Harvey Oswald has bred, has bred a conspiratorial culture. Yes, you know that that that thrives on suspicion of government and undermines it.
Speaker 8: And you know that's you know, that's a terrible thing.
Speaker 11: And so when I go on these shows, you know, these the right wingers that they wanted to use this story to kind of beat up on, you know, what they call the deep state, you know, and help Trump do that. And the liberal media is kind of like, oh, you know, we hope that there's nothing in there that supports conspiracy.
Speaker 8: There is because they're you know, so irrational and stuff like that. You know, we got to get past that. You know, I agree with you, you know, and and and and and and with getting this record. And you know, kudos to Trump, right.
Speaker 11: I don't agree with him on practically anything, but he definitely did the right thing on this and you see it. We see it now, and we're going to get the benefits of it once people are a little patient, stop looking for the smoking gun and start looking for.
Speaker 8: The fact patter.
Speaker 1: Jeff Wall have you talk about Jack Ruby.
Speaker 3: That's where it all falls apart from me, where it's just not falls apart per se. But that's where the altra conspiracy starts.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: You're not even trying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, what are we doing? He shoots the sky on live television. He says he's a patsy Jolly West is involved. I mean, like I mean, after reading the Chaos book, I'm like, oh, they literally mind control is real.
Speaker 11: I'm like.
Speaker 1: A operation. Actually.
Speaker 8: So about Jack Ruby, I mean, you go read the Warren Commission they made.
Speaker 11: They tried really, really hard, and they were successful in avoiding the fact that Jack Ruby was an organized crime so and they bought this ridiculous story that you know he killed him, you know, because.
Speaker 1: He's he's a super patriot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I talked to one of the one I talked to one of the women who worked for Jack Ruby in the club and I asked her. She was very she was close to Ruby, and I said, you know, why did he kill Why did he kill Oswald? And she said I don't know, but she said Jack worked for people, and I don't think he had a choice. I thought that was very interesting, and I said, I said, did he ever say anything good or bad about President Kennedy? She said, I never heard anything, but he hated Bobby Kennedy with a purple passion, something the Warrant Commission also totally omitted.
Speaker 4: He was trying to go after all the Yeah, all the organized he did the test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he brought them exactly.
Speaker 11: So you know, people say, was there an organized crime plot? We know the organized crime role in what happened, and that was to eliminate the most important with witness and Oswald. I was on Piers Morgan and Michael Franzine.
Speaker 1: Who was kind of a made guy in the avience YouTuber.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's a talking head now about and he said, you know, when I was in the mob and we talked to these guys, it was common knowledge, totally accepted.
Speaker 8: You know, we were asked to get rid of Oswald and we did it.
Speaker 11: That was our part, you know, and that was they were very matter of fact about it, you know, and I thought, this guy knows, you know, he was in that world. So that's the organized crime part of it, Jack Ruby, is the organized crime component of what happened. You know, we can talk about like what really happened that day, but you know, clearly Oswall was not supposed to be captured alive. Yes, and when Oswa was captured alive, you know, those people in the CIA who'd been watching him for four years, they had big problem because Oswa was not unaware that you know, he had friends, you know, he had people who assisted him and he was a cap. You know, he's a smart guy, enterprising guy, so he took advantage of those contacts that he had. But that's the story that's coming out, is Angleton's role around Oswald, the surveillance of Oswald.
Speaker 8: What was really going on there? My friends in the mainstream media says they were just incompetent.
Speaker 11: You know, when top CIA officials lie about in a homicide investigation. I can't take that as evidence of incompetence. To me, that looks more like complicity. That's where we're at now.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, man, I always love talking to you, Jeff h Plug. What else you got to do?
Speaker 11: So if you want to follow me JFK Fax on substack, jfkfactx dot Jfkfax dot substack.
Speaker 8: Dot com and more to come.
Speaker 3: All right, excellent, we'll have a link down in the description. Everybody go watch this testimony to April first. All right, we'll all be looking forward to that and we will see you all later.