Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonable Shy. Dude, who are you? Oh, I'm Jael Bryant. Yes, I am Jael Bryants. What's that? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Are you sure because I forgot my name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you confused the hell out of me. I'm like, what are we doing? Okay, thank you being here once again.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening. Yes, December it's like one of my favorite months, is it. I mean I do like the holiday season. Yeah, I like. Have you started Christmas shopping? No?
Speaker 1: I didn't do any Black Friday, Cyber Monday.
Speaker 2: You didn't do any of that? No?
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, I did it, like for myself. I bought like, see, you know, covers for my outdoor furniture, like stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but I haven't started buying gifts. It's so weird because you know me, you know, I shop online like a lot. Yeah, I always have packages coming. But for whatever reason, those few days, I was just like not into it.
Speaker 2: I I it's it's tradition. I tell my kids, give me your list. The day after Thanksgiving, they gave me their list. Okay, I have clicked all those buttons. Nice, I am done with their shopping. So you have girls, I know.
Speaker 1: It's actually like when you tell them to do something, they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, I have the same.
Speaker 1: We have Elfster, Like I have my kids on Elfster and they're like, oh, I want Corey's Like I want an Apple Watch for Christmas.
Speaker 2: I want this. I said, well, put it on the Elfster. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And have I gotten any notifications from Elfster that Corey added anything to his list or no? And I'm like, dude, how many times do I have to like, why do I have to beg you to tell me what you want?
Speaker 2: Because these kids be I don't know, playing the damn game, not the what is it the robots, robocon what's it called fortnite? Fortnite, that's what they're playing to Fortnite. Yes, anyway, let's talk about your son because we have like a praise report because like I saw your post. This was a little while ago. I saw your post and your son is a big ball of shot calling, y'all. And you know what someone recently asked me, as a matter of fact, my kids, my kids asked me about your kids playing sports, playing basketball in particular, and were they any good okay, And I was like, oh no, I said, I don't know if they're good. Are they good? Because you know, right he Corey is how old? Fifteen? I said to my kids, it's too young to matter whether or not he's good. And you know what, they said, No, it's not, it's not yea, And they said, if he's fifteen, he should be getting offers. And I'm like, what offers colleges?
Speaker 1: Yes, so some kids, you know, when they're ninth tenth grade, they get offers. However, it really really really doesn't It really is of importance by their junior year. And a lot of kids are still developing sports wise freshman sophomore year. So yes, you have guys that get offers very early. But I also feel like a lot of those players peak out early.
Speaker 2: They do they don't, they tap out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't want that for my I don't want Corey to have, you know, a ton of attention, a ton of hype. Corey is not going to have an Instagram until he's you know, out of his house or whatever.
Speaker 2: But then how will the coaches see them play? They know who his father is, So what wants in them tapes? Well?
Speaker 1: No, so so a lot of times. Okay, so Corey, So let's back up. So Corey is a freshman. He's playing basketball on the varsity team. And the previous few years, Corey was injured to the point where he couldn't even walk, like he had really bad growing pains. He had, he broke his foot, he sprained his acl and so while a lot of and Corey was always a good basketball player growing up, and then he got into like seventh grade and he couldn't really move that well anymore, and Wanna and I would be sitting in the stands and were like, what is going on with him? Like he wasn't himself right, And there was a period of time where it's like you see all these other kids and they're like they're growing and they're big and they're tall, and they're they're you know, killing the game, and they're getting all this hype and all this attention, and I'm like, well, damn, maybe Corey good anymore, you know what I mean. So he spent literally seventh grade not being himself but playing, and then we decided, Okay, you're not going to play at all. We like took him completely out of sports, out of football, out of basketball, and just got him into physical therapy. Oh good, and yeah, So he spent you know, over a year in physical therapy. He finished physical therapy, started feeling better, started playing sports, broke his.
Speaker 2: Foot lovely eight weeks in a boot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then came back play basketball again, sprained his ACL and it was all on his left side. So it's all related to like, you know, it's like the same side of your body. So he still had to like strengthen and do the pts and all that whatever.
Speaker 2: So I say all that.
Speaker 1: To say a lot of parents and if your parents and you have kids that are playing sports and you they're in fourth grade, fifth grade, sixth grade, seventh grade, eighth grade, they get caught up in the present, in the now, and really there's so much that changes, so much development, so much growth, true, that you can't get caught up in that time. The goal in the bigger picture is eleventh grade.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So don't get worried if your child is not getting all the hype or or playing as well as the other kids around them, because kids just mature and they play at different rates, and they just you know, develop at different rates. But really what you want to make sure is that your child is ready and developed and prepared and healthy by eleventh grade.
Speaker 2: Well, he's in the paper in now, which is in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's freshman year's first game. They played against one's alma mater, which was Calvert Hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Corey school that he's at is like A right now, they're in the B Conference. So they played against one's alma mater, which is in the A Conference and the one right and they beat him. Yeah, and they've also Yes.
Speaker 2: I'm gonneath you the teen and knows how many you'd be like, that's what happened, big losers.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get like too excited. I'm the type I'm like, Okay, i gotta like we need to be consistent. But they already scrimmaged like two A Conference teams and beat them.
Speaker 2: So like they really are are.
Speaker 1: Playing well, and I think Corey actually really has.
Speaker 2: He's a big part of that.
Speaker 1: He's the reason why his team is actually love it playing well and all of that. So, yes, Corey the freshman at thirteen rebounds. I mean, I'm sorry, he double double, triple double or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. A double I read the paper in a double double in thirteen rebounds and ten points and triple down all the whole things.
Speaker 1: So so I'm so excited for him. And the thing the great thing about him, he never complained, like while he was going through all of this before with his sports, never complained. That's never like why me, never got down. He'd stayed positive. And so to see him now like really really flourishing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I feel like that time he spent doing like pt physical therapy and just focusing on strengthening his body, like that's valuable. Yeah, because these kids these days, they play sports year round, they run their body into the ground, and he was able to like give his body a break and just really strengthen his body.
Speaker 2: So anyway, if you get next Lebron James, just let y'all know, well, that would be nice. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but Wan is like super excited because I'm sure you know he's been he's been there, done at and he's really excited about Corey's where he is and where he's going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but parents out there, if you have kids, that play sports, Like, just be patient and really make sure you're just like keeping them motivated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure they're having fun and that they gotta have fun. Yeah, okay, So do you have a reasonably shady moment? I do these damn fingernails on my hands? I look a mess. I'm just gonna tell y'all, I can't even talk mind mess. But you know, it's either it's either half fun or like, okay to take them off. Put out of the ten fingers that I have.
Speaker 1: One, two, three, four, five, six are broken okay, and.
Speaker 2: You have ten fingers, so what does that mean?
Speaker 1: So that means four are okay? Yeah, but it's just I don't know what's happening, Like it's just my nail. People move to Hawaii. The people who have been doing they just this.
Speaker 2: Is so crazy. Who just picks up and moves to Hawaii? Okay? And because Hawaii is not cheap? Why is expensive? I know? So, So it's the nail salon I go to.
Speaker 1: It was a husband and wife couple that owned it, and they literally were just like, yeah, we're moving to Hawaii. So they left the shop with their sister. So her, the sister's.
Speaker 2: Running the shop.
Speaker 1: And you know, they've got people in there, but I don't, and I'm not trying to, Like, I'm not going to give up on them. I just have to figure out, like something is happening that is making my nails break.
Speaker 2: They moved to Hawaii. Have you have you found new people?
Speaker 1: Well, so they moved to Hawaii. But the sister is running the shop. So the shop is the sister do this the combination? It was a combination of the sister and because this is like over the course of like two visits or so, right, I don't know if they're doing them too thin, so I use like the dip powder. Okay, I don't know if they're doing them too thin, but they don't look thin.
Speaker 2: But they just how long is it supposed to last? Like three weeks? How long did this last? I really like they.
Speaker 1: Just start I'm in a day a couple of days where like you know, one would break.
Speaker 2: It would would be like every day another nail would break. Oh no, you need your money back. I just need to figure out what's happening.
Speaker 1: So anyway, No, they looked good for like a They look good for like three days and then all of a sudden, they just started breaking like crazy, and I'm not doing anything different than I've been doing, you know, for the longest.
Speaker 2: So I'm just really frustrated. I just broke one. I just look at this this ship. That's crazy. The more dip you use, the thinner. So don't dip, baby dip, it's just now actual nail. Yes, so you've been doing this for a year. Okay, well, well I don't. Okay, what I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: I'm taking all of them off and I'm moving my nails a break, okay, especially since we're not.
Speaker 2: Filming right now. Perfect, Okay. I like that this shit is in. It looks crazy, it's insane, right, So I'm like, okay, do I just bite them all off? No, first of all, that's unsanitary. Don't be biting off your nails. That sounds crazy. Okay, yeah, just give your nails a break. But Grace had Grace had similar Yeah, she had like three on eight off, so I don't know. I was like, listen, if you go to go to the nail salon, so she started using press onst her. I got her hooked. Oh there you go. Yeah, okay, but anyway, okay, I have to tell you about my shady moment because I'm convinced. You know how I remember I told you birds were after me. Yeah, so birds have left me alone. They decided we're just they had a meeting, they had a convention. They're leaving me alone. Thank you. Birds. The squirrels. The squirrels. Squirrels are after me. So they, I think, have decided like, let's go. Like when I'm driving down the street, it never fails. It happens like it least twice a week, which is a lot that they can. They think they can outrun my car. So they're like run and run and running and I'm like not trying to hit them, and then I look in my river mirror and they're splat and it's horrible. Squirrel I don't mean to do it. They think they can outrun me. Oh god, And I think that they had a conference and they're like, oh, we can outrun that car. So this happens multiple times. It happens like once a week, which is a lot. Ew right, splat. Yeah, So I want them to have another meeting. Are you sure someone didn't never mind, someone didn't what squirrels we're having with squirrels. There's something that's going on with squirrels that I don't know about. Submit your name to the squirrel shrine. They don't know. I don't know. Okay, now, okay, I don't know anything about squirrel shrine. But I'm gonna say that the squirrels had a meeting and they said, we can outrun that car, but y'all can't. So I want them to have another meeting because I don't want to kill the squirrels. I like animals, Yeah, and I don't want to be the cause of like somebody's mother going splat. That's like an evening, another meeting, yes, even though it's like just a squirrel, Like you don't want to be a go out here killing squirrel. I don't want to kill squirrels. That's sad. It's sad. So this poor squirrel doesn't know what hit them. No, no, my big ass card. No. So if you see me coming, squirrels, go the other way, go the other way. Can I tell you?
Speaker 1: Speaking of animals, the damn deer have now come for me. Because okay, my landscaper I put in like all these new landscaping beds and flowers, and so he tells me. I said, I don't want the deer to eat the flowers. So he said, Okay, I'm gonna put in flowers that deer don't like.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I did, guess, and they still ate them, still them. I had a whole transition of like pulling like azalea bushes up, moving them out, put these other bushes that they supposedly don't eat. Yeah, they ate those too, right, They're coming for me, right, I don't understand. And you know, it's like really weird.
Speaker 1: So like my I have cameras around my house and they always detect the animals. Yeah, for whatever reason, it never detects these damn deer eating my flowers.
Speaker 2: Right, right, because I think they do it quietly and softly, right, Yeah, the deer, I guess because they like camouflage into the right, Like, isn't that but no, it should be movement. I know, yeah, I know. It's so crazy. Anyway, anyway, just moving on, so stupid. I did want to talk about a while ago, because goals talk about body goals. Oh Dolly Parton, Oh can we talk about Dolly Party? Yes? Thanks? And this happened Thanksgiving, right, So Dolly Partons did the halftime show for the Thanksgiving game I think was the Cowboys against was it they played the Commanders? I think? Okay, Yeah, Dolly Parton came out for halftime, honey, and she is a good what eighty years old, seventy seven, seventy eight. Listen, she on a crop top, some booty short short and she did the damn thing like she looked like a Dallas cowboy cheerleader. Yes she did. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I kept I was looking at the screen. I was like, that's.
Speaker 2: Dolly bart I was like, come through, Dolly comes home. Yes, I was, Yes, I was. I was amazed. I was impressed. I did get a little chuckle why because she was kind of like holding on to the stage, you know, like child. And it was very clear that she was not singing anything live like, but she can know when I go to sleep on her vocals. Can she still do? Yes? Yes, because she did. Last year she did the New Year's Eve with my girl Molly Cyrus and blew the House star Miley Cyrus. I like mine. I like Miley Cyrus's voice. Okay, she can sing, okay, surely likes Molly Cyrus. Yeah, Molly Cyrus. And she's like soul full. Yeah, and I think she's gotten a bad rap. Okay, you know she was a child star, and yeah, I don't know that she had a crazy life. I just never was into her music. But no, Molly Cyrus is a beast. Yeah yeah, so anyway she can sing, Dolly can still sing. Okay, Well she was like, I'm not playing with these vocals at this football stadium. Okay, maybe it was so cold outcause it was.
Speaker 1: Even like it wasn't even just the song. She she was like talking and it was clearly that she was lip thinking.
Speaker 2: The talking like we was a little rasp.
Speaker 1: There was like no microphone anywhere. It wasn't even you can't even like find the microphone. So of course, but you know, it's funny like I'm like, I was still like super impressed period, Like she's Dolly Parton. She's seventy seven, seventy eight, She's out there, seventy seven looking great on the stage. Super Bowl, not Super Bowl, whatever, the half thanks Giving the football game. Of course, you have haters in the comments on place.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Oh my, oh my god, she should have stayed home. She didn't sing. Oh my god, look at her. Why is she dressed like that? She is too old to be dressed like that. Who does she think she is? Who she thinks she is is who she is Dolly Parton? Damnit, I'm just like people.
Speaker 1: It's a fucking football game dressed as the Dallas Cowboy cheerleader and like give her gift props or props are due, thank you. I thought it was comical, the lip singing part, but I'm not going to criticize her for that, Like I get it. I don't mean just her presence. The fact that she was even there was enough for me.
Speaker 2: First of all, she's Dolly Parton, right, A Dolly Partners like that, isn't she Like? So she's like an icon, she's like a humanitarian. She's like a living a legend, yes, a living award, a living award like they were giving out the Dolly Partner Award. Yeah, she's she's the thing.
Speaker 1: Speaking of awards, did you know if you won your commercial award.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy you brought that up, Dick, say, you know, because is that clip? And everybody was like, yeah, Rob is a hater. No, they were not, everybody they were not. They were like a high a commercial award we're talking about. Okay, So, as I went to go do my other commercial that hasn't come out yet. Okay, I asked, oh good, have you gotten word about the about the award that I'm up for because I want my my metal on the mantle. Yes, we lost fooie oh foo wee, oh foo wee. Oh, I'm my condolences.
Speaker 1: What you say, I'm sorry, I'm sorry that you lost the award that you don't even know what it.
Speaker 2: Was, right, But that's not it's an award, it's recognition for my hard work. Yes, So, anyway, we did I don't know. So I was with Lisa. That was with Lisa Barlowe when we found out we were lost. And so the exec told us that we did not win. So Lisa was like, so what does that mean? What does that mean? What does that mean? What? And so she said because apparently there's a first, second, and third. Oh. So Lisa was like, so where do we rank? I mean, I'm sure there was a ranking. Where did we rank? Where do we rank? And the lady was like, well, I'm not really sure. And so Lisa was like, well, I mean first, second, or third? Where did we were? I think we even made first, second or third? Okay? They they were like eighteenth. Yeah, yeah, anyway, no hard feelings. We will win the next time, yes, yes, but I do want you. Oh, so I said to the lady. I'm so happy we talked about this. I said to the lady, I said, but didn't the commercial that I did for a Black Panther, which was years ago, I did it with Melissa Gorga. I said, didn't that win? She said, oh yeah, she said that one? What that one? But it was a different award that that won, okay, which was better than the award that we were gonna win for this time. Did they send you an award? They did not. I think they gave it to the director or or whoever they award. But me and Melissa won for that okay, Yes it was. It's called a clios. No, I don't know what the name of the award is. I'm gonna get the name.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, hey, congratulations, you've been nominated for an award, and you're just like thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes? What? Yes? Thank you? What the freak is the award? So I told a lady, I want to I want my plaque or something for the for the Black Panther, because legitimately that should have won an award, like because I have bruises on my body after I did that. Like we really like put our heart and soul and our bodies into it, right.
Speaker 1: That's yes, you need your whatever. It is something something to recognize that you had an award and look at you. Maybe once you're done being a housewife and all that type of stuff, you can do like commercials all the.
Speaker 2: Time, all the time. I'm just a commercial girl. Yes, okay, I'm come mad at that living Okay, commercial girl, here I come okay. Anyway, speaking of commercial one of the biggest people that run commercials is Disney, okay, because people go to Disneyland. Do you know there was an arrest at Disney And this was intriguing to me because an attendee was charged with indecent exposure after being found completely naked on It's a Small World, you know. That's a Small World ride. Do y'all know that ride? That's one of my favorite rides. No, but is that a kiddy like that? It's a kiddie ride. It's kind of like not really, it's a kiddy it's for the family. It's for the family, and you get on a little boat and they and they and you go around the little bin or whatever, and it's like examples of people from all over the world, right, and it's a song. They say, it's a world dove laughter, world dove cheer, a world dove hope, and a world dove fear. I'm dumb, I'm dum. It's a small world after and this man was naked and he wanted everybody to see. He got arrested because his stuff was small. He was trying to he was trying to blend in. He was like, I'm part of the display because I got a small wee wee. Yes, that is sick. People are people are disgusted bananas out here. Why would you do that in front of kids. I mean, at least go to Space Mountain and get naked. Don't get naked in the small world world. Geez, Louise, I can't. I mean, I don't know. If it's disgusting, I they calls yes. He clearly is probably a pervert.
Speaker 1: That's probably why he was naked, because he was like, it was a kiddie ride and he wanted to do something perverted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the kids. And he left his clothes on the side. So I think as he was going around like the little I think it's like a little mouth. Or he's taking his clothes off, he's stripping naked. I can't speaking of kind of kind of strange. We won't say crazy, will say strange. Did you hear about tyresee him saying he wants his last name back? No, not that that's all the way, Tyree, stop it. First of all, as I am just out Bryant and I've been divorced for one hundred years, but my kid's names are Bryant, Tyree, her ex wife's last name is it was Terry's last name Gibson. Because y'all got a child, and if she want to keep the child's last name, that's her prerogative. Anyway, Tyrese okay rented in airbnb and decided to change everything in the airbnb. So there was marble that he painted. What there were an electrical myths. There was two electrical panels that he re routed. There were this is how the owner found out that something was going. First of all, he painted marble, right, Okay, So there was like how long did he stay there? Who knows? A month? Maybe there was like twenty two banana trees in the back that he said, he called a landscaper to tell them to take out, right, take out the banana trees. Are you freaking kidding? So that the landscaper called the owner and said that this food that you rented this place to wants to remove banana trees. He said, now, if there was peach trees, they'd be out of here. Apple trees out, Banana trees went out removing So the owner was like what. So the owner was like, let me see what else has happened up up in Cheer. Yeah, he did the most and he said he was gonna put it back, right. He said, I'm gonna put back everything I changed. You can't. You're gonna take the paint off the marble. Okay.
Speaker 1: So he was staying in this property. He was paying twenty thousand dollars a month right a six month lease for a five bedroom estate in Woodland Hills.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So he moved in February and shortly after began renovating the home.
Speaker 2: Renovent as if it was his. That is, yes, but we do know people that have done that. He painted a marble, right, Mia did that. She did, he painted, but the owner was appreciative of her updates. Yes, because Mia moved into like a house that was like outdated, right, so she totally updated the house. She did looks beautiful me. It did a great job. She don't live that now, but she's did a great job if you ask me. That was stupid as shit, but okay, okay, moving on all right.
Speaker 1: So he painted a marble fireplace in a shiny gold metallic cover, close off doors and windows. Yes, he didn't most this is the crazy part. She's the homeowner is only seeking Oh it says she's seeking over twenty five thousand in damages.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that sounds like a lot more than twenty five thousand dollars, right, Well, you would seek he's paying twenty five twenty a month. Yes, yes, so you definitely want that, but no, I'm seeking like two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, Like you ruined my house.
Speaker 1: He attempted to have twenty two banana trees. Okay, yes, so they didn't do it. So they didn't do it right, But that's.
Speaker 2: The only reason why she found out because the landscapeer called it like, hey, did you co sign this? And she was like, hell, no, I want my banana trees. Damn it. I make bananas movies in the morning and I need to make my smoothies. So she said she caught him and was like, playing, what are you doing? This is insane. I've never heard of something I think. I mean, do you think it's like.
Speaker 1: Just because whatever, he's a celebrity or whatever, that he just has a sense of entitlement that you can just do whatever you want to do wherever you can.
Speaker 2: If you own it, you can if you own it, right, if you own it?
Speaker 1: Like what was what is his thought process here? And then thinking what is going on in his life that he needs to rent a home?
Speaker 2: Well, he might have been doing he've been doing a movie or something and maybe he had to stay out there and he wanted to stay nice anyway, okay, or maybe he's moving in he was I think he might have SA that's fine. I'm not going to get into that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's that is crazy entitlement. I you know, when I it's foolish. When I was living in the townhouses that y'all saw on Househoves, I did a lot of changes, but so but I lived there, Okay, So I lived in the second townhouse for like three years. I mean I put wallpaper everywhere, I painted all the rooms, I changed the light fixture, and they.
Speaker 2: Didn't charge me.
Speaker 1: They actually and when I moved out, they actually reverted everything back to just plain white walls.
Speaker 2: No way. Yes, what isn't that crazy like I had? Because it's easier to rent?
Speaker 1: I mean right, because I guess you can't like, you know, whoever comes in next. Do you want them to be able to do whatever?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, do whatever. They They didn't charge you. Did they give you back your deposit? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yep, give me back my deposit. Didn't charge me. They were totally fine with it. I mean, you know what that house looked like. Every floor was painted, wallpapered. Yeah, different stuff.
Speaker 2: But it's beautiful. So they did they paint over the wallpaper. They took it down? What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, we took down because it was like that wallpaper was like the peel Yeah, it was like the peelable wallpaper or something. It wasn't it wasn't like the it wasn't plastered or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was really surprised that they actually went and just changed it and made it completely white.
Speaker 2: I was. I was surprised by that. Well it's easier to rent or and or sell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess, like, okay, if there's a if there's damage to the wallpaper, I mean I left the extra wallpaper.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I said. I was trying to give y'all a solid, trying to help y'all out. Yeah, I loved it, but yeah, I changed light for everything. Wow. Okay, do you say do you say water or water? No? I have another word? S I M I L I A R. Similar? Is it similar or is it similar? Similar? Is it? What do you say? Where's the U? Okay? So wait, wait, I have to think about what I say. So I was walking down the street and I saw a car that was similar, similar, I said, simular. You say similar, similar? No, you say you say similar, but it's similar. It's similar, It's it's similar. It's similar. It's not similar. Maybe similar? Yes you do, Yes, you do. Okay, so we don't have to ask for my head. You don't have to ask the people for a question. We all say it wrong, similar, similar. Yeah, it sounds like it's yeah, we throw a you in it, but it's no. You would just come from you. This is you were just thinking this one day. No, somebody somebody was on Instagram that people say it wrong and it's really similar similar, But I say similar, similar, similar, simular, simular. Yeah, right, now you know my cutie pie who I've been I've been trying to get to do my hair. Is it a regional thing? Is it? Is it? Okay? Now, now we got to ask the people. Is it a regional thing? Right? Do you say similar or similar? Similar? Similar? Similar? I bet it's a regional thing.
Speaker 1: I think simular people, the people in the Midwest say similar, similar.
Speaker 2: Similar, Simular sounds better. I agree, Yeah, So even if it's wrong, it's fine because it sounds better. We're not changing it now, we're not. Okay. So have I ever told you I have like a little crushy poo on Chris Appleton. No, but he's very cute. He is so cute and even thought he was straight until he married a man. I know.
Speaker 1: So Chris Abiston if you don't know he is, he's Kim Kardashian's hairstylist.
Speaker 2: He does Kim J. Low.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, everybody, Yeah, he's really talented. Yes, and he's super hot. I mean he's a handsome man.
Speaker 2: I mean he is fine. Fine, he looks looking he looks like a model. Yes, and I've been wanting him to touch my head. Yes.
Speaker 1: And I was not aware of his sexuality because he has two adult children. Yeah, it's like, yeah, they're like, you know, in their twenties. I mean, of course that doesn't yeah, meaning whatever, but I was unsure and then and then he never was with a man or a woman. However, he did recently marry. Yeah, I mean, did you marry a man or a boy? I think he looked he looks very young, super young. Yeah, like he looked like he was at least twenty years younger than him. I think, right, So got y'all gotta look go up to the ages.
Speaker 2: Right, But they're divorced now. Six months later, six months later, it is over. And apparently, do you watch the Kardashians on Hulu? I saw that episode? You saw the episode of them getting married?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I didn't see it, but apparently the episode aired and then the next day Chris Appleton fouled for divorce. Yes, he's twenty eight, and Chris Appleton is what probably forty.
Speaker 2: Right, because but I think it's because he knows that I have a crush on him. He's going to DM he's Forty's Chris DM me Chris R forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, husband is twenty eight and his's husband is like an actor.
Speaker 2: I think is he an actor? I think? So. I thought they were gonna make it. They seemed very happy with each other. It's it's I mean, and mind you Kim. And you say that because you watched the Kardashian I watched that episode. Okay, I watched one episode and I decided that they were in love for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, It just it seemed like for me because I just I follow him on Instagram because I like his Oh, I follow him, and it just seemed very out of the blue. But again, he could have been a private person. That's not you know, sharing his love life and stuff. It seemed very spontaneous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and out of the blue. Well, would you think that it's over because Kim married them? And Kim's track record with weddings, Oh she did. She married them. Yeah, she got her license and they went to the Elvis. They were in Vegas. Yeah they were Okay, it was so you have to give me, Okay, so they who's the girl? Shania Twain? Shan Twain has a song that we all know now, I will always love you, but Shania Twain has You're the one. It's hard. Yeah, you're the one. Twin is someone Yeah yeah okay Shania Twain. Yes. So it just so happened that Shanaya was doing a concert that night, but she was in rehearsals. Okay, this Chris and his boo, that's like their favorite song, that's like their song. Okay, So Kim, of course, Kim, Kim does what Kim does, and she like got them to like meet her doing her rehearsals. So they walk in the door and Shania was like, where have y'all been? I've been waiting all day? And they were like floored, okay, and so then she sang to them, and then they went off and got married.
Speaker 1: Oh so they were inspired to get married in that moment. No, no, no, no, they went to Vegas to get married. Oh and this was like a little surprise Kim had for them. Okay, got it, yeah, because that's her guy.
Speaker 2: Got it? So yeah, still the one eye run to You're the one I dream? Oh bout still the one? Yeah, that's the song Shanaia sang for them. And it didn't work out all right, moving on. So I saw this on instagramk and it said that sometimes I'd like to drop off my kids in nineteen eighty five just to see how long they could make it. Oh what? And I'm convinced cause and the reason why I thought about this is because I was with the twins and I brought them. I went to Hampton University. I brought them down there and they were like, so, like when you were in school, Like, how did you get around? So I said, like in a car because I had my car down there. They weren't, And so how'd you know where to go? They said how did you find where to go? And I said I had to think about it right, right? So they were like, did you use a map? Right? And I said yeah, when my dad dropped me off of college, he gave me a map, like a paper map, okay, And that was my you know, go to to find things, right. I had the big book in my car in my back seat. Yes. And then remember how people would give us instructions or directions at the gas station. At the gas station, you turn right at the McDonald's, you see the big oak tree, you do a semicircle, and then those those directions were written down yes, and then not in your notes at right no, And then you prayed to God. You always did a prayer like we were closer to God back in.
Speaker 1: And then if you got lost, you found a gas station. We have a payphone, so you call the person.
Speaker 2: To say, Hey, I'm at this gas station, yes, on the corner of twenty first and Brown Street, I'm lost. Where do I go? And then they would say what's what's to the right, what's to the right, And you're telling them what's to the right, what's to the left. They said, oh, we know where you are, we know where you are, or they'd be like, we don't know what the hell you are all. Shoot. Isn't that crazy though? Actually the unsafest, scariest shit in the world. Yes, yeah, yes, no, My kids wouldn't make it. Well, they would the door would make it. The rest of them, not so much, would not make it, okay, right, they would just be stuck. We don't know where to go. We're just gonna stay right here. Yes, I mean, it's wild, It is so crazy. Yeah, but you know it's funny.
Speaker 1: It's like, I guess now with the technology and the GPS, we're able to go so many more places than we in the past wouldn't have gone.
Speaker 2: I think, really yes, I think if you think.
Speaker 1: About it, people didn't really leave their towns.
Speaker 2: That's not much. Maybe I had just crazy for that we jump in the car and go to Atlanta. We'd be in DC with no directions.
Speaker 1: I mean occasionally, but not. But that's a big deal. That was like a really big deal. But for the most part, it's like, no, you're just kind of staying in your little bubble.
Speaker 2: I was out the bubble. I've been outside my whole life. I'm outside, y'all. I mean, yes, I mean I definitely hit the road, like yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I even but we had map Quest, as I when I started driving, Oh.
Speaker 2: You had okay, map Quest, but map Quest was on the internet. Nineteen ninety six is when map Quest came map Quest came out on the Internet's right, so you printed out Oh, but you had okay. So that was ninety six.
Speaker 1: I was a senior in high school, so I had map Quests. So I was able to at least, you know, drive to Virginia Beach and have the print out of map Quest, right, okay, back then, I uh, but I just think as a high schooler before then, Like, you know, I only went the places that I knew how to go, and that was from driving in the car with my parents, right, you know, Okay, I know how to get to downtown Baltimore. I know how to get to the Harbor, I know, you know whatever. But it wasn't I wasn't venturing out to the Columbia or you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like I was. I was. I was adventurous enough to like try. Yeah, but yeah, getting lost was like every time you drove, you got lost. Yeah that was happening. Oh yeah, yeah, there was no not getting stops pulled over, the whole the whole nine. You'd have to like maybe knock on somebody's door and be like can I use your phone? Right, I don't know where I am, Please don't shoot me, Like can you think about where we've come? Like now, somebody walk a walk to your door, they might get shot. Well, she remember the.
Speaker 1: Guy came because his battery died on his phone. He pulled up on a motorcycle and I had to give him a charger, And why I said, don't you ever do that again? Anyway, let me tell you where I'm not going I'm not going to Japan, okay, okay, because they.
Speaker 2: Have banned frosted flakes, what and other cereals that we should never be eating because they're bad for our health. So like when when when whole country start banning cereals because they say they cause cancer. They're so bad. Don't you look at everything in the grocery store, like what the f yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: What is the f yes on to piggyback on that? I saw a video on Instagram. It was a young lady in the UK, Yeah, and she was like there were like Skittles, yes, Swizzlers and all these like American candies over there, and she was like, Americans, I want to show you what how we label your food, your candies when it comes over And so they put a whole entire sticker on the back of it that says it's like all these warnings about the ingredients.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. It's like this is what we, you.
Speaker 1: Know, our country does to your products that come over here, like yeah, put these crazy warning labels on them.
Speaker 2: And I would be curious to see what cancer looks like in Japan. Oh right, how many people have cancer as opposed to the United States Because cancers rapid rampant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rampant rampant here. You know what, that is a really great point. We need to get some research on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we have we have all the candies, we have the cereal, right, Okay, let's be clear. Cereal is a whole in a grocery store. It's an entire aisle, both sides. So there's that yep and candy yep. So it's if I have a funny story about cereal.
Speaker 1: So my sister in law has like younger kids, and Atual has. One of the boys is like the age of Carter. And remember they stayed in my house. Yeah, right, So when they were here, she went and we had cinnamon toast crunch and then we also had like cheerios, right, honey nut cherios. And so she was like, no, you can't eat the cinnamon toast crunch because it has too much sugar. You can eat the cheerios. So I said, oh you think so? So I looked on the box, the ingredients, the nutrition label. Do you know it's the same amount of sugar in the cinnamon toast crunch as it is in the honey nut cheerios.
Speaker 2: She was like, so, what's offsetting it because it doesn't taste as sweet. It's the honey nuts, the honey nuts.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so you know, the honey nutcheerios are coated with like some type of sweet or something. So it's like, okay, just because the cinnamon Toa's crunch has the actual sugar granules, like you're thinking, it's a more sugary. So we ended up looking at all, like I think I had like fruity pebbles and frosted flakes, that's all, but they all had the same amount of sugar as the honey nut.
Speaker 2: Cheeri you're lying, no, yeah, but she need throw all that in trash, I know, because all that causes cancer. I mean, Kelloggs don't come for us, I know. But the people said, y'all shit causes cancer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that stuff, So yes, you have to look at the nutrition labels on all of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, A sure, guys, y'all have been riding us and we so appreciate it. So a couple of weeks ago, Robin Dixon did a whole commercial, unpaid commercial for Loomy. Is it Loomy or loom I don't know, loom Loo may lelly U m E, which is a deodorant.
Speaker 1: Deodorant, Yes, a full whole body deyodor that she.
Speaker 2: Swore was amazing. You'll never smell nothing. Put it in, put it in your KOUCHI put it down your butt crack, put it everywhere. Yes, okay, So I stand by that Madeleine Ryan wrote in and she said, hi, Robin girlfriend, Uh huh. I tried Loomy and I couldn't use it. Explain how does it take your underarm smell away? And it lasts seventy two hours. I opened it and was ready to put it on. Girl. That crap smells like ass. So explain what scent did you buy? And how could you not smell that? I'll stick to secret. Thanks. Lol. So wait a minute, rob it. So when you when you were originally talking about this deodorant, yeah, I had no frame of reference because you know, I never smelled it's nothing. Okay, I am with Madeline. How the hell didn't you tell us that this shit smell like ass? So all right?
Speaker 1: So so it's so funny like after we recorded, I was like, damn, I should have put out my disclaimer, not.
Speaker 2: The disclaim the disclaimer a month later.
Speaker 1: Yes, because the scents are not good like I don't like they didn't.
Speaker 2: They just don't. All right.
Speaker 1: So you know, like a lot of your they have all these like floral smells. Yeah, you know, soft linen smells clean, smells like.
Speaker 2: No, you're not getting that.
Speaker 1: You're not getting and but but those ingredients that create those sense, those are toxic to your body.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what does it smell like?
Speaker 1: It just okay, it's so, this is my disclaimer. I still stand by what I said.
Speaker 2: This deodorant works well. From me, it.
Speaker 1: Keeps my body odors from odoring. Okay, However, the actual sense of the deodorant is not great. Like so I use the toasted coconut.
Speaker 2: Give men, okay, give me like close to what it smells like. Tell me dirty socks. No, it's not art.
Speaker 1: No, it's just it's no, No, it's just you're just not dusty.
Speaker 2: No, so many smells out here. I can't even tell you.
Speaker 1: It doesn't smell like ass. It just is not a it's not a refreshing scent. Do you know what I'm saying. It's just very it's wood. Oh no, I can't tell you what. Y'all just gotta go in the store and smell them for yourself. But you have to believe that you're not gonna walk around smelling like that scent?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? I can't get past No. But see, that's that's a big ask that I buy something that's steak, put it on my body, and all of a sudden the stink is gonna go away.
Speaker 1: It doesn't stink stink. It just doesn't smell great. So they have a but I okay, I'm putting my disclaimer out there, y'all.
Speaker 2: Is up to y'all.
Speaker 1: I will say, also, the tangerine scent smells better that irritated my underarms.
Speaker 2: Listen to me disclaimers with this.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't care. I'm just telling y'all. I still use the toasted coconut scent. You can get the unscented scent.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's toasted coconut, so it smells like bad coconut. What is bad coconuts? Smell like a burnt coconut. That's not it's a subtle set I can't tell. Okay, you can toasted coconut and what else.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the only one I'm using right now. But they have unscented and they have like a rose scent.
Speaker 2: Listen, when roses go bad, they smell like they smell like booty juice. Yes, oh they have like a cucumber. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I for whatever reason, I have the toasted coconut scent. Okay, I'm telling you the scents are not great, but you're not meant to smell like that scent. It's just really to prevent your body odor from odoring. That's it for seventy two hours. I don't say something. I mean, sevent two hours is a stretch.
Speaker 2: I mean, because that mean, what do you do? Are you watch it? Literally?
Speaker 1: I can if I if I wake when I wake, you know, if I put it on, wake up the next day?
Speaker 2: Whatever. I don't know, Like I don't there's no scent. I don't stink, but you don't stink normally, Robin. It's not okay, I don't stink to you. But people have under you know, like oh my underarms, like I need to reapply my children. I don't ever feel like I need to reapply my deildorant. Okay, Well, so we're gonna this is this is cautionary. You buy loo me at your own yes, but I'm listening, Like I said this is not an ad. This is my personal experience. It's not she got no money for this. This sense they're not great because people coming back and say, this is about.
Speaker 1: Like Booty Juices, the tangerine irrit made on my underarm, but the toasted works.
Speaker 2: It's like, ask me, we're out of here. Guys, listen, we gotta go. We are out of here. My ass. Moll's good. Did your asthma like Booty Juice? Goode? Do I ever forget to live your life? Either reasonable sure or b bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady