Speaker 1: Uh, y'all want to talk about what y'all think about Matt and this possible battle.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: I thought man was a thug from the West Coast. Man he was, he was real, he was real, gentle man.
Speaker 4: She gave me the chills. I'll fight anybody, but I don't fucking animals. That's for goddamn sure.
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 1: World is the boy? Stack five? Welcome to Unplugged. Don't have my boy Matt Barnes here to day. As you know you're go on Instagram, you see dealing with possum business.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think he had to do well. We're gonna gonna talk about that a little later. We got my brother when our producers J. Macphilder in the day as he always do, ultimate teammate J.
Speaker 6: Mack. What's up my brother?
Speaker 2: Everything is happy to be here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man. And we also got another one our brothers that's.
Speaker 1: Feeling in today, that stepping in assistant coach at Georgia Tech. Our brother Bonzi wells appreciate your time, bro, what's up?
Speaker 3: I'm vid my brother, I'm good. My brother, appreciate you having me on, man.
Speaker 1: It means a lot, we sir, Well let's dig in. You know, we want to welcome my brother to the show. He just wrapped up his first year as assistant George Georgia Tech coach under Damon Starle. Of my bro, how does it feel being at Georgia Tech being assistant coach, you know, being in D one, being in the D one realm now.
Speaker 5: Oh man, It's been an awesome experience. I really appreciate my brother, Damon giving me the call and elevating me and just he's just it's just being a great process that I've that I've learned, you know, coming from a Division two basketball family, it was just a it's just different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Damon is a hell of a coach, He's a hell of a person, He's a hell of a leader, and just the stuff that I'm learning that I didn't know is being priceless for me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: At my Division two job, you know, I was kind of winging in a little bit, just kind of doing what I thought I knew about basketball. But Damon is a real teacher. He's teaching me about the game and teaching me about the future and the direction of the game is going into. So it's just been a great, great learning curve for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been knowing you for a long time.
Speaker 1: We talk all the time, and you know, even when you was at the D two we talk a lot.
Speaker 6: And you've been in Atlanta for a minute, as you know, I live here.
Speaker 1: The job and the time that you spend with work is like you badly have any free time because we talk all the time.
Speaker 6: We're trying to get together.
Speaker 1: How how is that from being at D two Now we've been at D one with Georgia Tech.
Speaker 5: Well, it's been it's been a hell of an adjustment coaches, you know, coach Totals when we first came in and sent the whole coaching staff down because the whole coaching staff is new, we've never worked with each other. We've never worked with coach Damon, so everybody's just kind of trying to get to know each other. One of the first things he said is, you know, you know, no disrespect to y'all, but we got to say fuck our families right now. You know, we got to really lock in and building this program or and you're gonna miss some things. You're gonna miss the social life, You're gonna miss a lot of stuff. But the way we invest in these kids and invest in this program is gonna pay off in the long run. So everybody is totally bought in. You know, I get it. At first, it was a tough adjustment for me, just putting in twelve, thirteen, fourteen hour days, and you know, then, you know, you think about being in Atlanta, You're like, yeah, I'm gona turn up a little bit. But he's just a total different mindset. You know, we work and when we go home, you're still working, you know, because you're always on the clock.
Speaker 3: For these kids.
Speaker 5: So but it's been cool though, because we have a great staff, we have Georgia takers being great as a family, and these kids we got were just really good as kids. So it's just been a seamless transition for me. Like I said, I really appreciate Daemon, appreciate Damon as my brother. But you know, and I tell people like, you know, just you know, funny, I know Damon Stottlemyer, I don't know.
Speaker 3: This coach Stottamyer.
Speaker 5: You know, I know Damon, you know, so he so he's you know, and it's been great that he's that we got a separate type relationship where I respect him. You know as my friend, but as a coach and as a leader. You know, I just respect him. I had the utmost respect.
Speaker 3: For him, and you know, and I allow him, not allowing him.
Speaker 5: But he can handle me in a different way than he will handle me as my friend. You know, he can yell at me, he can do all that stuff to push me to get better.
Speaker 3: And I really appreciate him for that.
Speaker 2: Speaking the difference between Damon Stottlemyer, the player and the coach, what is it, Damon Stottlemyer, practice look like? I mean, we all from the nineties where we ran like five seventeens and yeah, you know what I mean, Dave wall sets and the stuff, helping to stuff before we even got an opportunity to touch the ball. What does it David Stottmyer's stema Stodtermyer bonzi Well, practice look like in twenty twenty four with.
Speaker 5: These new kids, coach coach not playing with you. He's not playing with you at all, you know, And you know what, I what I love about coach, you know, like I said, he's teaching us a new.
Speaker 3: Style of basketball.
Speaker 5: He's basically you know, he's with the Boston he was with the Boston Celtics before it came up, and he's trying to we run the ball a lot of the Boston Celtics sets, and he's trying to have a program that translates for where these kids are trying to go to. We run a pro style offense, and the stuff that we do translates.
Speaker 3: You know. We have a lot of space and we give guys freedom to.
Speaker 5: Make plays, but you know, it's got to be within it's got to be within certain parameters. And you know, coach believes in skill development mentally and physically, you know, and not just for the players, for the coaches as well. You know, he wants us to be our best so we could be you know, you know personally as a coach, so we can be our best for them kids when we get on the court, and he wants everybody on the same page, one accord.
Speaker 3: And it's just been a great transition.
Speaker 5: And you know, we have some great coaches on our staff that's got great experience has done this. And for me to be a first year at a Power five, I've learned so much about the game and the game has changed, like you said, from what we was in the It's a whole different ball game, you know, and besides basketball, you know these kids, you know, you're bringing that n I L. And these kids are getting real money. So it's different how you got to handle these kids. It's different because it's such a cancel culture around here nowadays. So you got to be very very careful on how you address these kids as well, because you know, these kids can you know, get mad at you and burn your whole house down. So you got to be totally cognizant on how you how you move with them. But you know, if you move with love and they respect you, you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: One last thing, you coming from D two, what's the difference for kids out here a high school players that want to play basketball? What's the difference you've seen between a Division two and the Division one player? Is it athletic ability? Is it i Q i Q? What's the biggest difference you've notice that makes a guy D two player as opposed to a Division one player.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny because you know, in my D two I was saying to myself, like, man, there's a couple of guys in the D two that could probably play you know, high level D one in the right situation. But these guys are bigger, they're faster, the i Q is off off the chart, and they're being coached by some real legendary coaches. I mean some really good coaches who knows this game and gets it and put these kids in the best situation will be successful.
Speaker 3: So on a D two level, you can. You can have a six seventh center, sixty five center and go.
Speaker 5: Out there and win some games that you pull that you can't pull that you can't pull that in the AC Yeah, you'll get ran through. So you know, you got you know, size obviously, but i Q understanding the game, like you got to really understand the game.
Speaker 3: And it's you know, I tell our guys all the time.
Speaker 5: One of the simple players that that a lot of kids can't do is come off a screen and roll and make a simple pocket pass. And if people don't understand, if you can make that pocket pass consistently, you'll mess around and make a whole lot of fucking money, you know what I'm saying, Especially at this level, because it's just making plays for other people. And it's like I said, we run a spaced offense, so if you can hit those pocket passes, get that ball to the middle, make the defense collapse and make the white reads. You know, you can really, really, really be good in this game.
Speaker 1: Compare the contrast between today's basketball in the nineties when you was in college.
Speaker 6: You know, with this transfer a port on this nil stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, I know, I know, it's making it a lot harder and making it more difficult to even build programs or to even.
Speaker 6: Get guys if you ain't just throwing the bag at them.
Speaker 2: Keep guys.
Speaker 3: It's definitely tough.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: We you know, you didn't get to go to college s tax. So I'm not talking to you. I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to but glad. You know what it was like, man, you know, you go to college. You know you got a four year commitment mentally, like you know, you staying with your Stuff'm gonna be here four years. Transfer wasn't an option because you had If you did transfer, you had to sit out of here. Yeah, so, you know, guys, wasn't even thinking that, And it was more like, Okay, I can bring a guy in as a freshman it's probably not ready, and I can develop him and kind of kind of kind of you know, moving alone for a sophomore maybe junior year at the latest.
Speaker 3: But now you got to bring in kids that's ready to hoop now, because if not, you would lose them at the end.
Speaker 5: Of the year, because you could you could just go anywhere at any time. These kids are not happy with their plan time, they're not happy with the coaches and thing. It's not happy period. They have all the levers to be able to go move around how they want to. And that's kind of a gift in the purse. And then also when you're getting this nil money, you know, then this me and this is my first year kind of being around it, I just question, like, if you're getting one.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand, two hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Whatever money these kids are getting, is the hunger still there? And that's what I'm just trying to learn about some of these kids. I just kind of I talked to them. I'll be like, fel like, I know you're getting this all this bag and all this stuff, but do you still love this shit?
Speaker 3: Like do you really love it? You know?
Speaker 5: Because when we played, we had an end goal like, Okay, man, if I'm just really grind, I can get to that prize and at the end of the rainbow, and these guys are you know, they're getting into it early, Like they got money coming in, Like there's some freshmens that's coming in making more than the coaching staff. So you know, it's so crazy. Yeah, are so crazy. So you know you got to just question that hunger. But a lot of these kids, especially our kids, these kids have been great. I haven't seen really no, No, guys, that's just kind of like slacking a little bit and kind of wrestling on a little money they got. You know, we always try to emphasize that this is just this is just a taste of the type of money that you can make. Yeah, this is just the beginning. But you got to really lock in. You got to trust us. You got to trust our experience. And you know, if you listen and you keep adding to your game and keep building, sky's the limit for you, especially dealing with us because you know, me and Damon and the rest of the coaches that we're so connected in this game in terms of where you're trying to get to. You know, there's no other spot that the kids should be trying to go to it if they want that especially run, like I said, a pro style offense, and we do ship around here. That translates into being a pro.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's why I'm trying to get my son there. Yes, sir, yes, sir, The ACC looks good right now.
Speaker 1: Bro, you got for ACC teams in the sweet sixteen. Dude, Clemson, UNC and NC State, n C State. Who you think got the best shot?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, that's that's that's interesting. You know I was as listen you say that. List You know, we beat three out of those four teams just which was good for us. Which was good for us. We didn't you know, we had an under five hundred season. But man, we made some strides and we want some big games, and you know, to be able to compete with the big boys, especially you know, them going to the sweet sixteen, you know, makes us poke our chest out a little bit to let us know that we got.
Speaker 3: Something to build off of. But you know that, you know, you.
Speaker 5: Know, obviously Duke and Carolina is going to be, you know, always there. But my sleeper team. You know, I love n C State, But Clemson for us was probably.
Speaker 3: The toughest team because they have some bigs. They have PJ.
Speaker 5: Hall, and they got this one kid named Shefflin. He about six eight. But man, this kid gets every rebound. He's such a bully and he said so aggressive. He can pick and pop, you know, and they got some really good guards and Chase Hunter and Gerard he's a three point shooter. So Clemson is my my sleeper team, you know what I'm saying, because you don't sleep on Duke in North Carolina. You always expect him to be there, right, But but I think Clemson is going to be there, and I'm really proud North Carolina State. You know, people don't understand they had to win five games in five days to win the ACC Championship.
Speaker 3: They've done. They've done that. Then they wont two games.
Speaker 5: In three and four nights, so they probably don't want seven games and nine nights. So hats off of those guys. You just hope they can keep the energy level up and keep that going.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Now they got a couple of days off, but it's been amazing what they've been doing.
Speaker 2: You and c They got a twenty four and a twenty five year old in the starting lineup, Bondzi, Is this the future of college basketball? Is this a problem? And I don't know, you're been there. Are we going to see in comparison the thunder have the same average and they're starting five in the league. You know, just for comparison in some context, is this the future of college basketball? Because of nil and because of the trajectory of where the league is tending to going, you know, going on the younger inside of obviously if okay, see is happened since success.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it might come back a little bit in age. I think that the age group of the kids we're seeing now, some of the residual of the kids from the COVID year that got that COVID year today that you know a lot of kids are exercising that fifth year and someone might even have a Yeah. So that's why, especially if they're paying you know, no matter of if you're paying them staying and that's what the kids, you know, they paying them kids good, So you know, why not, especially if it's not a guarantee that you're going to make it to that next level and make that bad. But I think, you know, moving forward, I think you know, you got to have a good mixture. You got to have some young boys, but you got to have some vents to some older guys, you know. Twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, that's been there to kind of balance each other out, because it's a lot to ask these kids who've never played at this high level to come out there and be successful at this high level against you know, everybody in the ACC's top hundred player, you know McDonald Loall America and all that type of stuff. That these kids come in with these accolades and everybody's done that. So it's a lot to ask these kids to come in and dominate grown men and people who really been around who understands this. So you know, you want to have a good balance, and you know, you look at a team like, no disrespect to Kentucky, but Kentucky got a lot of young boys, so they can play. But when it comes down to it, you know what I'm saying, it's tough to be the vet. You know, it's tough to be veteran players, guys who've been there, done that to understand what this is. And if you have a good mix, I think that's kind of the fumble of guys gonna go by and get you three or four young boys that's really nice, and then you know, get you three or four older guys and just try to mix them and hopefully they jail together, So I know that's that's probably what we're trying to do at Georgia Tech is trying to, you know, bring in some older.
Speaker 3: Guys that can really help our young guys be better, possibly be.
Speaker 2: That's fair because that's not like ignoring the situation. It's not like, you know what I mean, we can't it's not you know, you can't ignore that acting like it's not going on, because like last we can see there are twenty five and twenty six year old players. So I mean, if you can keep a balance, that's up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Before we go on to the NBA, shout out to the games you're missing right now. I was watching a little bit, but Hidalgo's playing right now with not your Dame Page.
Speaker 6: Buckets is up next, then CAITLINN. Clark.
Speaker 1: Then you got Juju to finish the day off. So shout out to the girls right now. That's all I've been watching. They balling right now. A lot of people been talking about the next generation. Let's reflect back on every on the generations and the stars and their legacies. Let's do Lebron First. Lebron got full titles. I want your opinion, Bonzi and j Man. Lebron got four titles twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, twenty sixteen and twenty twenty as an all time score of all time. He got so many records that he didn'e broke. He's still playing at a high level. Where would you have him at the top of all time?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 3: Bron?
Speaker 5: You know, Bron is a special player. He's one of my favorite players ever played. I really love watching him. I like how he moved in real life.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He's a big enough hope for guys who come in with all that pressure and you can sustain it throughout your career. And I get caught up in nothing, So hats off Lebron. And if I had to rank him in my top it almost goes out. I hear this conversation all the time, and you know you got I got Jordan Kobe being Bron. So it was one A, one B and one C to me, because you know, you know you can't go wrong with either one of those three. And no disrespectful to the rest of the players who played the game, because I really respect them, But you talk about in my opinion, I think Bron is he's a one S guy because I can't put him ahead of Kobe and Mike because those guys.
Speaker 3: On my side six five.
Speaker 5: Sixty six and they didn't really have no no advantage, you know what I'm saying on the court other than skill set. You know, bron is a big six nine, two fifty, so he can sometimes over the power of the game and it's scoring those ways. But the skill set of Mike and Kobe is just in my opinion, unmatched.
Speaker 2: What you think, J Mac, I mean, you got some other people on those lists. You got Steph for four titles, you know, twenty fifteen, seventeen, eighteen, twenty two, Kawhi had two titles. Kevin Durant got two titles. But I'm gonna start a petition today since we're talking about we start to talking about Eras and Stack. You gonna field this when you might feel it no freaky.
Speaker 6: I want to. I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about Tim Duncan. You don't talk about Tim Duncan eras. I feel like Tim Duncan and he should be in in there twice because he ended a lot of people didn't win championships because of Tim Duncan and he did it twice and with a ten year gap. So if we're gonna be talking about eras and lists, you know what I mean, I like to do a petition where we not only acknowledge the Tim Duncan era, but I also like to put a petition out there too. But he should have two different eras because he did it in a ten years and a ten year gap, and Tim.
Speaker 5: Has four or five we got five, we got five five, five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I'm gonna put him up there. But I'm with Bonzie. I love Lebron's body of work, Kobe Jordan, you know what I mean. We acknowledged Kawhi's you know what I mean, Kawhi had a hell of it run if it wasn't for injuries. You know, at one point he was tracking towards Mike Finals, MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, you know what I mean, All Star whatever, you know, going to the finals for a couple of years. So Kawhi was up there. You got to put kd up there because runs with the with the Warriors, and he's you know, for the new school, for the newer generation. But I'm gonna stick with that. Timmy petition.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm I'm with you totally on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, after you, after you go from Jordan Kobe Lebron. I don't think it's a it's a better player. They had more skill, that was more talented. They had a better career than Tim duncan Bro. I just don't I don't see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tim was a monster. It's just Tim's game was just so no disrespect to him. He had like a basic game, like he didn't do nothing like with.
Speaker 3: Flair to it.
Speaker 6: You know, it wasn't sexy at all.
Speaker 5: It wasn't sexy. So everybody wants to be sexy in this game. They want to like Tim just went and got his job done. He put that hard head on his job, went home, didn't say a word. And people don't really like you know, people who they don't really like that.
Speaker 3: But guys like us.
Speaker 5: Who played the game, you really appreciated the people who like yourself stacked played with him and played against him. You know how tough it was to stop that basic ship like you couldn't he gonna jabs, She's gonna open up jabs Stephanie Bank shot.
Speaker 3: He's gonna he's gonna post you up.
Speaker 5: Hooked, but just great passer, great team guy anchor. You know, you go through the hole, you're gonna meet Timmy there, they're gonna purce you.
Speaker 3: Baseline. Tim is always there.
Speaker 5: So Tim the ship he did translated for the people who really know basketball. But for the people who's out there who just want to be letting it looks sweet at the LA fitness and all that stuff, and they're not gonna be like, oh, Tim Duncan, I'm doing this, Tim Duncan, you know they you're not.
Speaker 3: You're not hearing that.
Speaker 5: So but but hat talk to Tim Duncan's first teams because I know in ninety nine they cost us a championship for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and that yet the Laker was about to win four after after they had already won three. Tim shut that down by damn that by himself. Man, I seen him do some great things. And when then when they when the coach tell you take what the game give you. He is the mascot of that for sure. But check this out, j Max, if I if I if I had, if I gave you these four brank these four lebron steph KD Kawhi, who.
Speaker 2: That's filthy? While y'all gonna put you know what I mean, and it's changed later on by the time you can see. By the time y'all see this, I might have switched this once or twice, but right now I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go. Man, I'm I'm I'm with Bonzie. I'm a Lebron guy. I tend to I tend to lead to to the Lebron body of work. Not Yeah, I'm gonna go Lebron Steph and I gotta go Kawhi k D because Kawhi did it without Stephan Clay, you know what I mean. At the end of the day, he had a hell of a run up in there in Toronto, one of the ones where he was like the main focal guy without two other key big figure. Yeah, that's what I got. Lebron, Steph, Kawhi, KD.
Speaker 5: Who you got, Oh man, I'm similar to to j Max. I'm gonna go Lebron Steph. But I'm gonna move KD on top of Kawhi. I mean, and I want to move KD higher because KD is you know, he's one of my favorite players.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 5: He's so unstoppable. So on the stop point, and I think KD is really underappreciated as well. You know, people talk about his two titles and he ain't got him with Steph and all that shit. But if you look at his body at work, man, this man is averaged twenty six twenty.
Speaker 3: Seven for how many years in a row? Fifteen sixteen years straight?
Speaker 5: Like people, people don't understand how tough that is to stay consistent. Difficult, you know, you know, through injuries and all that stuff, you know, And I no, no, no, no. Kawhi has injury from injuries as well. But KD is just a he's a cheap cold because you can't affect the shot. He's legit seven foot he has. He has a filthy, filthy soft jump shot, and he knows how to get to a spot better than anybody I've ever seen in the game other than maybe Chris Paul and somebody just getting to their.
Speaker 3: Spot and know what it is.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I would go, like I said, Lebron, Steph, KD, and uh Kawhi last, And there's no disrespect to any of those guys.
Speaker 2: No, there isn't. Like I said, your answer could change, and it's no disrespect to anybody because this is a great company to be talking in interchange. And you know, regardless of.
Speaker 3: The order, Yeah, what about you stack? What's your them?
Speaker 6: A good question? Definitely, the King is first.
Speaker 1: Steph's Steph body of work is hard to deny in this group, but I would still go KD second.
Speaker 6: But just for he's been doing.
Speaker 1: He's average twenty five points or more every year since two thousand and nine.
Speaker 6: And and you think about where he is on the scoring list.
Speaker 1: Just imagine if he didn't have those two years of injury where he missed all that time. That's that's two thousand, that's four thousand and five thousand more points, so and and and and he and he already passing up shocking everybody else right now, So I put KD second. Then I'll go Steph just up the respect of being the best shooter ever and the four championships, the leading that team, making that team of dynasty, and uh, of course Kawai Kuai did some great things. I mean that year, the two year run he had, but the two finals, MVP, two championships like that shit was special. So I go lebron KD, Steph, Kawhi.
Speaker 2: And there's no wrong, there's no wrong, just here by the way, you know, choose your own adventure and how you like it type thing.
Speaker 1: Right, feel good story of the year. We got three outs. Let's talk about them. Rockets email you Doka thirty eight games under five hundred last year. This year they're up there, five hundred, bottom three defense last year, this year they are top seven. You also got Jamal Mose that Orlando Magic fourteen games under five hundred last year, thirteen games over five hundred this year. Pylo ban Caro is having a breakout season. I think he should be talking about more. And they're the top five team in the East right now, so you can't be surprised with what they're doing. Also, the Pelicans with Willie Green on pace to fifty wins this year, the best season since Chris Paul been there. And that's saying a lot with everything they was dealing with with zign at the beginning of the year. Which team or which situation y'all is y'all feel good story of the year so far?
Speaker 3: I mean respect to all three of them.
Speaker 5: I mean, those guys are doing a hell of a job. I'm just so proud of them from what they're doing. And you know, the expectations, you know, especially for Layby Orlando. You know what I'm saying, it wasn't high, but you know you're hoping for the best. But you know, my I gotta give mine to May. You know, he made I was my rookies. You know, really, you know, that's my guy right there. I'm just so proud of him because he went through uh in Boston and to be able to bounce back and come to a Rockets team that was you know, and I played for the Rockets, and I know how proud of a franchise that is. To go to that franchise when they're playing some of the worst basketball in the league over the last couple of years, to be able to turn them around, I think the crazy as hell, crazy as hell I'm not even gonna address that, which I ain't gonna dress.
Speaker 3: That's the ship.
Speaker 5: But uh, but but but now, but but though, because you know, you go come from Boston, Boston had a whip over there.
Speaker 3: They was winning all.
Speaker 5: Those games and all that good stuff. And again, you know, you you know, people like, Okay, maybe it's the team. Can he really coach?
Speaker 3: For real?
Speaker 5: Now you come to a Rockets team and you know, and you turn the whole vibe around around there. Now they're confident going in every game. You know that to Buzzi, Yeah, gave him purpose, gave gave my identity and that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: That's what you want me on, head coach.
Speaker 5: They got somebody that can believe in Now, they got somebody that know they got their back. Will you know he got into it with Lebron, So if that didn't really hype the team up, that my coach going at the top player in the league. If that don't make you want to run through a brick wall for a guy like that, I don't know what will. So I gotta give it to make because what he's doing with the Rockets is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: All three of these guys came into some more unstable situations for black head coaches. You know that that can be a death sentence, you know, excuse the term for you know, for lack of a better term. You know, it's not the best situation to be put up in the success And what I've seen is they brought the stability to situations. You know, shout out to all three, Like Bonzi said, Uh, I'm gonna go with Jay Mos j Mos is my dog, you know, me and San Diego guy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The way he's been able to consistently, you know, manage Polo to your point stack, He's been consistently the best player on you know, on that team, you know, as his rookie campaign moving into you know, this year and the year is coming up, Suggs had a breakout year. He's first team All Defense. So he's using the assets and the picks that they got. He's only they're managing to get better. They're staying on the court. Their availability is up there, and I mean from fourteen games under five hundred to thirteen games over to five hundred this year. Big reason why he got a four year extension. I've talked to the players during summer league. They love j Mos, you know what I mean at the end of the day, as a as a man off the court and as a coach. So I'm gonna give my nod to j Moo's not not that it's any not you know, disrespect to anybody. I'm not gonna keep saying that, but yeah, I'm gonna pick Ja Meos in this feel good story the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we ain't doing that, you know, we don't do that. Here we go.
Speaker 1: We got love to all of but all these three of these brothers man, all three black coaches who are doing great. Man, I salute all of them, but we have to pick one. I'm going with Willie Green.
Speaker 6: Con citering. Uh, like you say, Jay mag I got a relationship with Willie Green.
Speaker 1: But also knowing that everything they went through at the beginning of the season, with not knowing what was what players, Zion's gonna be, what's he gonna be healthy? Uh, the organization, the organization was really dependent on him, And that's a lot of fire to be up on the as a young coach. You know what I'm saying. We're trying to get your players to all buy in and be on the same page. And Willie Green is a sharp guy and he was willing to do that. So where they are right now, I'm so happy for him to get them having the best the best record, uh, they've ever had in the organizations. As Chris Parr, that says a lot considering everything he went through at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 6: Detroit, Yes, sir, Next, we.
Speaker 1: Got the Doctor dre the Diggie Diggie doc. Y'all, doctor doctor Drake Starr and Villain. We saw our guys DJ Quick and Big Boy there. I mean, Doctor Dre should have been had a star. Uh, this is this is nothing that's surprising to nobody here. He is the goat when it comes to hip hop. He is the goat when it comes to production and having your music sounding the best it could possibly sound.
Speaker 6: Uh. He is the goat of.
Speaker 1: Uh making money outside of rapping, marketing himself and marketing other rappers and building other rappers, making them stars. From Eminem to fifty cent Dre is just to go all the way around. So him getting this star was definitely something that we all knew was coming. But we definitely want to congratulate him on unplugged. Definitely earned not giving.
Speaker 2: West West West West West West.
Speaker 1: Doctor Dre said something that's interesting, y'all want I want to see your pain on this. He said that I don't think anyone who is rapping can touch Eminem on the microphone.
Speaker 6: WHI ch'all think about that?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I'm not into the music like you are, but I'm a Midwest guy. You know, I gotta respect what Eminem does. But I think we talked about it off camera. I've never heard too many people. And I know my boy Mike Miller is gonna be mad at me because he's a huge Emineman. My boy Mike.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Mike Miller.
Speaker 5: But uh, I never heard nobody in my neighborhood really really really bumping you know, Eminem like that.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But you know, I respect his music. I respect his flow if you really listen to it. But I don't know if I can co sign with Doctor Dre in terms of that. But I'm a novice compared to him, so you know, my opinion don't really matter. But I like some other rappers on top of him. But before I would take Eminem as number one.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna echo what Bonzie said. I am a novice, you know. No, I am no along on the level of Eminem or Doctor Dre. But you know, normally I'm super I'm a California hollock. I would de side just to be annoying the West Coast, especially with y'all two on here, considering considering what I just had to deal with in the intro. But I'm a I'm a I'm agree with you. I agree with Bonzie. You know it doesn't you know, sometimes it comes up. I hear a song when it's when you're lifting weights, or it's on your iPod or it shuffles in you're like, you know, but it's not Eminem isn't an artist that I go looking for. And I love Eminem at the same time of the day. But it's just somebody that comes up on it. Don't get no play at my ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah and that and that ain't no distant because not at all. I respect his grind. You know where he come from, how he came up to make himself who he is today. I respect all that, you know what I mean. And he can throw He is one of the top m seeds, you know, just just just to us and our culture, you know what I'm saying. We just it's hard to put him above somebody that you've been listening to every day of your life.
Speaker 6: It's hard to put him.
Speaker 1: It's hard to put him above somebody who from your neighborhood, who you've seen come up, you know what I'm saying, and now one of the biggest rappers in the world. So it's hard. But respect to him, respect to doctor Dre. When they speak, we always take the up hearing the consideration. Uh, y'all want to talk about what y'all think about Madden this possible battle.
Speaker 4: He got a motherfucker in the house. I know what Bro's trying to do. Came in the old house and he's here thugging it.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think he won. I think everybody he won. The possum one the possum. We got to go go home and get back to his family, you know what I mean. It wasn't nothing that he was out there, probably trying to get something to drag back. Wasn't nothing out there. He got to go home. He might have a concussion, he might have a little concussion, but you know, he lived to fight another day.
Speaker 5: I expected more out of Man, especially, you know what I'm saying, after some of the altercations Matt being in.
Speaker 3: I thought man was a thug on the West coast.
Speaker 5: Man he was, He was real, He was real, gentle man.
Speaker 3: He was gentle man. I saw hands right there like he ain't got no.
Speaker 5: He ain't got no scabs on his hand, ain't got no calous.
Speaker 6: Man was just some mother big We did none of that man.
Speaker 3: None of that nice.
Speaker 5: And and he did pop him up side of the head a couple of times, but it was it was an underhand and throw get.
Speaker 6: The fun out of here.
Speaker 4: Got to put a pitching wedge up his ass. Pause this nigga's ready for more. I don't want no problems. You don't want no problems. Let's both go home to our families. Should spraying with raid? Were doing Helmie, Here we go, we're doing Bro.
Speaker 3: There we go, There we go.
Speaker 4: This way, this way, no bitch, not that way.
Speaker 6: God damn it. Whoever said water? Now he's on the run.
Speaker 3: Ain't that a bitch?
Speaker 2: He needed and he needed, he needed some good media.
Speaker 6: I can't afford out here. You don't need. He don't need.
Speaker 2: Pete on him too.
Speaker 4: If I light up a joint and just get him high, he'll go to sleep and I can pull him my bistre need the old house.
Speaker 6: Hey, go ahead, come on now, break break break, there we go. He's out of here. Go Bro, go to freedom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for you, Bro, and the peacefully go back to the family that she gave me the chills. I'll fight anybody, but I don't fucking animals. That's for goddamn sure.
Speaker 1: And you know what way the multitask my nigger. I think that's what's getting lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, under pressure with the camera and oh man.
Speaker 6: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: He narrated the whole thing. I felt like I was involved in a great job. You might get award for that.
Speaker 6: You can direct and act at the same time. My brother, you on your way.
Speaker 2: We on the way man.
Speaker 6: Shout out to my bro. You definitely was missed today.
Speaker 1: Man, Matt, hope you're taking care of your possums and all of the crib bon.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you coming on the show and taking some time after your business schedule. Man, you know we got love for you. Congratulations on the job and help me get my son over that nigga. You know, Jay Mac, you always feel in and do what you gotta do. You know what I'm saying with me and Matt down the ultimate teammate brought. I love you to death. Thank you for tuning in to Unplugged. We'll see y'all next Monday.