Speaker 1: Okay. So the brilliant, beyond brilliant and prolific spiritual teacher Gabby Bernstein is coming on Climbing in Heels this week, and I think we could all use the amazing wisdom she has to share. Her full interview will be out tomorrow, but get to know Gabby a little better.
Speaker 2: So walk me.
Speaker 1: Through this because I want my listeners to really experience even a touch of the magic of Gabby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's keep it simple, right, Yeah, think about an area, a belief system in your life, or a pattern or maybe even considered an extreme behavior that is kind of running the show in your life right now. Right it's controlling, maybe it's people pleasing, maybe it's numbing out with food.
Speaker 2: What is running the show?
Speaker 3: But if you're like, I don't know, then maybe what's a feeling that you have anxiety or physical bag pain, like something that's just just really in your life right now that you'd love to have some relief from. Can be addiction, addiction and so so do you have yours reach? You can keep it to yourself, okay, what it is? Yeah, okay, And so the first step is to choose to check in with this part and This is a beautiful step because typically what do we do all day We check out, we feel that feeling or we notice that trigger, and then we go right into that protection mechanism, behavior pattern, or belief that is just completely checking us out from reality and overriding and we almost get blended with it. Right, So we do these extreme things. So instead of checking out, choose to check in. That's the first step. It's so simple. Just focus your attention inward on the feeling, belief, or sensation that's inside. Okay, you've named it. Maybe you've named it controller. Maybe you're just like anxiety. Maybe it's just maybe it's all of the abass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and choose one for right now, we'll check mine.
Speaker 1: Is mine is basically an effort to re mean happy. Okay, it makes sense. It's almost the reverse. I'm not letting bad energy in. I'm so I'm putting up something.
Speaker 2: To block that.
Speaker 1: So however you interpret that, maybe if that makes sense, because let's.
Speaker 2: Work with that. Okay, so let's check in with that.
Speaker 1: Almost I'm reversing it.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well it could be.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's actually really beautiful that you're saying that, because sometimes like over spiritualizing or like overhappying, like anything that we're doing that's overriding the feelings. Okay, So you could be like overpositiving, you know, it's overly positive. Could be your good I'm good, I'm good. Sounds a little avoidant, right, I'm good, Okay, beautiful, so.
Speaker 2: Let's check it.
Speaker 3: So you would choose to check in with i'm good instead of just going i'm good and overriding yourself, right, And then you'd focus your tension inward. And as you focus your tension inward, you'd notice where that is in your body, like when you go i'm good, where is that somatically, where is that in your body right now?
Speaker 1: And stomach stomach always.
Speaker 2: Okay, and how long has that been around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good, I got this. I'm good forever, Yeah, forever, forever. Yeah, I'm good, I got this probably forever.
Speaker 3: And with some curiosity, more curiosity. This is the second step. So yeah, to check in, and the second step is curiosity, more curiosity. Are there any thoughts or beliefs, or feelings or sensations that are associated with that it's good that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, like the yeah, I mean, I'm I'm I think I'm i mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Definitely a blocker. Blocker, Okay, I'm a blocker because because yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the listener can check it now and get curious. And so you're asking these parts of yourself, you know, where is this in my body?
Speaker 2: What do I know about this?
Speaker 3: Are there any beliefs or thoughts, sensations or feelings that it wants to reveal?
Speaker 2: And so just let it.
Speaker 3: Let that part of you just give it some air time, and then anything else that it wants you to know, just give it space to reveal itself with curious energy.
Speaker 2: How old is it? Is it a girl? Is it a boy? Does it have no tensure?
Speaker 3: Just seeing any images you know, maybe you see as a kid needs to come forward.
Speaker 2: And then the third step is to compassionately connect to the part of you. This is so simple.
Speaker 3: You just focus your attention a little bit more towards that part and you would say what do you need? And don't think, just let it answer you and you could keep that to yourself and our When we ask these parts of us what do they need? They often say need I need a hug, or I need to rest or I need to take a break, or I need to feel seen. Or I need to speak up, because what are they? Their little children inside of us, They've been around forever, and what do they need? They need love, they need connection, And then you would give it some more breath. That's just in that compassionate connection. Just place your hand where you feel it in your stomach or wherever you feel it in your body, and you would give it a little bit of breath. You'd let it know that you see it and that you're here, and then just sort of tune into your body a little bit right now and just notice how you feel in this moment, and you can just let me know if there's any shifts that happened inside of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think it's I think it's good to have that moment to actually acknowledge what it is.
Speaker 2: Do you have clarity like a little that's.
Speaker 1: Doing it too you? Yeah, it's an energy, an outside energy that I'm intentionally blocking to not ruin.
Speaker 4: My your ping yourself right. You're protecting your vibe correct at your own expense, because that I've got this, I'm good, is probably been protecting you forever and it's also possibly creating some some you know, chaotic patterns in your life right for me, it would have been well, if you know, if no one else will do it, I will do it right.
Speaker 2: I'm sure every else can do it. So I'll have to do it.
Speaker 1: All day, every day, all day, every day since forever since. Well, at least you know it will get down the way you want it.
Speaker 3: There's benefits to that. But then and what it means, we've burn. It's just physical physical overwhelm. It's it's and then extreme. It's an extreme pattern, right, And so as we start to tend to these parts of ourselves, we get to that fourth step, which is to check inside and see the shifts. Often when you go through these steps, you'll have more clarity like you had, or you'll have some compassion for that part of you.
Speaker 2: That's sure, if you felt any compassion for that part of you.
Speaker 3: Or you'll have some calmness come over, or you'll feel a little bit more courageous to just we're curious.
Speaker 2: You might be like, I want to know a little more about that part of me.
Speaker 3: As you start to notice those sea qualities, that's actually that self energy, that's that sun behind the clouds, and so the clouds can emerge when we check in with those beliefs and patterns, and as we do that inquiry of choosing to check in and being curious and being compassionate, asking what you need, that's when we start to let that self energy of the inner parent inside of us, the compassionate, calm presence emrge naturally