Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Trea is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted from a date she went on with a woman named Carolina. So we're going to see if we can help figure it out for and maybe get another date if she still wants one. In a second, but first, Dray, how long has it been since you heard from Krolina.
Speaker 3: It's been about a week now that I hadn't heard from her, Okay, And yeah, so I'm just really confused because we well, for like, we met at work and we've kind of been flirting, like back and forth, you know, just kind of office romance. I guess, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: But she's really pretty.
Speaker 3: She has a great sense of humor, and we've actually been having coffee like in the office break room and stuff and kind of getting to know each other. So it was we kind of knew each other before going into a date, and so I finally got up the nerve to ask her out, and I wanted I've been wanting to play pickleball because I've heard there's so much hype around it, and I thought it would be fun.
Speaker 5: Is that what you did for your date?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we went.
Speaker 3: We played We played a couple of rounds of pickleball, and then we had some drinks after words at bar.
Speaker 4: Okay, And I mean, as far as I'm concerned, the date was great. Like the conversation was wonderful.
Speaker 3: Like I said, she has a great personality, she's funny, she has wonderful sense of humor. And we even shared a little kiss. Oh but yeah, the next day, I was excited to like get to work and see her, and she wasn't there. So I texted her because I was like, oh, no, you know, I just wanted to make sure she was okay. Maybe she was sick. I wanted to check in on her, and she didn't answer me back, and so she hasn't been at work all week.
Speaker 4: She get fired, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I hadn't heard anything, so I don't think so. But I've been reaching out to her, and I'm actually like kind of worried because like I don't know if something happened or she's really sick or if I mean maybe I.
Speaker 4: Just don't know. I thought we had a great date. I think, you know. Now I'm just worried I did something.
Speaker 2: Do they have like a policy about dating other coworkers at your office?
Speaker 4: Only if you're like.
Speaker 3: You can't, like supervisors can't date hourly employees and things like that.
Speaker 4: But if you're both hourly, then you can, then you can date.
Speaker 5: Look, it's a free for all.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: Does she usually show up to work every day?
Speaker 7: Like, I mean, is she the type of person that just calls out sick randomly sometimes or No?
Speaker 3: She's actually pretty good with attendance, so which is why I'm so worried that she's missed so much.
Speaker 7: Did anything weird and on the date, Like, was there a moment where you felt like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I mean not on my end, I thought everything went went great, Like when we parted, we parted on great terms, and you know, we even said we were kind of even like, hey see, you see we're like see around the office, and just kind of made a little joke.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 5: But I'd be worried too. Have you asked around about her?
Speaker 3: I asked a couple of people, but nobody really and everybody just kind of says they haven't heard from her either, especially a week.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's a good amount of time to not be in the office, right, Like, do you know where she lives? You do a drive by or I don't know. It's an idea.
Speaker 4: I did call her.
Speaker 3: From a block number to see if she would answer, and she did answer, but I got a little nervous and just hung up.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so you know that she's answering her phone at least.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, good, she's alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is alive, So that's good. I guess now it's or so I'm worried that she's just avoiding me.
Speaker 5: We'll see if we can figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song come Back, and then we'll call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date if you still want one.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's great, thanks guys, all right, we'll play song come Back, Get your first Date follow up.
Speaker 1: Next First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Greya is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a date she went on with a coworker named Carolina and doesn't know why. So we're about to call Carolina and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting and maybe get Drea another date if she still wants one. But first, Drea, why don't you catch everybody up on your date with Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carolyne and I met at work. We've been kind of floating back and forth, and I finally got the nerve to ask her out. We went, we played pickleball, we had drinks, great conversation, and even a little kiss.
Speaker 4: At the end.
Speaker 3: So I'm just wondering why she's not returning my text.
Speaker 5: And she hasn't been to work for a week. Yeah, that's the alarming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right, that's where I'm worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okaym call her.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hi, May I speak to Carolina please? Yes, this is Carolina, Carolina, how are you? My name is Jewbell, and I host a radio show and it's called The Jewbell Show. Hi, Carolena, the show's here too. My name is Nina. Hi An, I'm Victoria. There's three of us on the phone with you right now.
Speaker 4: Hi, Okay, sorry three?
Speaker 6: Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 2: We do a segment on our show it's called the first Date follow Up. That's where if you go out on a day with somebody and end up ghosting them. That person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 5: That you dated recently. Okay, any idea who would be? Was it?
Speaker 6: Ja?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: It was. Drea wants to know why you're ghosting her? Why haven't been to worked?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'll tell you about that. Okay, cool, I mean to ask me about it? Okay, yeah, okay, but you know what, fine, So I'm Gohostandrea. You can tell her this because you know, as we were leaving our date, something just didn't really sit right with me. It was a comment that she made. She's kind of like, oh, you know, it's going to be amazing when my ex years about this, she's going to lose her. And I just kind of looked at it like, oh, so there's just some sort of competition. Like to me, that's like, you know, listen, I'm getting older. I don't want to be a pawn in anyone's game. So I was hurt by that. I thought it was really uncalled for, and from there on out, I was really uninterested.
Speaker 5: She was saying that going out with you was going to make her ex angry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like basically like getting back to her, Like happiness is the best revenge. Like that's what I took from it with her saying that. So I ended up. Actually I haven't been around her because I called out of works the next day. First and foremost, I did not want to see Draya. But then it turns out universe works and mysterious ways, and I really did come down with something. So I've actually been pretty sick this past week or so. But at the same time, like, yeah, I'm getting better, but I just have no interest in being used to make someone jealous, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm glad you're feeling about She seems like.
Speaker 6: A cool girl, so I had to protect my heart, you know. I don't want to set myself up for something and be disappointed get hurt. So we work together, which makes it super awkward. I just think it's probably best if we can just avoid each other at work. I don't know how I'm going to go about that once I do return to the office, but I'm to figure that out.
Speaker 2: You think that she didn't really like you that much, She just wanted to make her ex jealous.
Speaker 6: Well that's the thing, like I didn't see that coming that she gave me no sign to that. It was again, just at the very end of the day she said that. So that was when I felt let down because I thought everything went well. I thought we had really good kind of tree and everything. It's just tough to find. So yeah, it's at down for sure. But now I just kept trying to be smart about this whole thing, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean, I get that protecting yourself is one thing, but did you ever think about calling her out and having a conversation about it?
Speaker 6: Maybe? You know, it was just the one date. So I kind of feel like, I don't know, I don't hope I'm not being cowardly, but I just kind of want to let it go. And I really am being a ghoster here, aren't I? But sometimes like it's better than to just get into a long drawn out conversation. So I don't know what she'll say if I mentioned that comment that she made. I don't know, a little backfire.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see, because she's actually on the phone and she's been listening this whole time, and she wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so Dreya, you're there right, No, yeah, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just got kind of like I just got really anxious all of a sudden. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, first of all, I am so sorry. It's like, let me apologize for making that comment.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you don't know a lot about my past and I didn't. It didn't come from a place of oh, ha ha, you're going to be how I get back at my ex and everything like that.
Speaker 4: Actually I had an.
Speaker 3: Amazing time with you, but my ex was kind of one of those who was kind of abusive and always made me feel small and like I wasn't good enough for anybody, and you're just, all of a sudden, this amazing, beautiful person who showed up, and it was just one of those things where it was it was more of like a happy like, oh my god, wait till my ex sise this because ha ha, I finally like might actually be happy for once. And it wasn't to be petty or to use you as a pawn in a game or anything like that. It was just more of like a I'm wow, I finally met somebody like really nice that I like it and might like me back. So I'm so sorry for that comment. If it heard you, Okay, I would say.
Speaker 6: Right now, like I do appreciate the apology for sure, and you know, I didn't think that's where you'd be coming from. Really sure if I'm interested, if they gave us any further. For me, the biggest reason why is just kind of like the whole X talk. I feel like this is a lot of talk about your AX and like I don't even like bringing up like past girlfriends or even guys I dated about nothing from the past like early on, So I feel like this is a lot coming at me. Does that make sense you dated guys? Yes, I date people for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh yeah, you didn't tell me that, so I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: So I just thought I'll mention, you know, keeps your secrets for sure, So you know that's kind of oh, just a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well you're getting onto me about like my ex but you didn't even tell me about your.
Speaker 4: XES, so it's just kind of it's just kind of odds to me.
Speaker 6: I wasn't really getting onto about your act. I think for me it was just more about like, oh, that seemed like some game playing there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I just I mean, I guess like.
Speaker 3: I kind of like to be upfront about things I you know, I don't really like to keep things from people, even though early on in a relationship, you know, because if you're trying to get to know somebody, you're trying to get to know somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like in time for sure. But that is exactly what I'm trying to say. You just pretty much stated that there. You know, I just think it takes time to get to know one to I don't need to know everything up front.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm just kind of different on that end. I kind of like, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: More different Carolina. Would you would you like to go out with your egg in another date? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: I think that's just made myself pretty clear here. Again, I think she seems like a cool girl, but I think you know she's I'm not the one for her. You know, it's early on, but I can tell, I can definitely tell this. We're just not a match.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would feel like to be friends, because I think you're really cool girls. But I mean I just I'm not really interested either, because you know, it's like doing to hide things from me.
Speaker 6: So well, hopefully you know, work friends. We'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well see it work, Carolina.
Speaker 5: We have a good first day back after being sick.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Juble's first day follow up