Speaker 1: That's that's okay, because no one here is.
Speaker 2: Well, Hello, teeny Beaters. Nope, it's not it. It's still work shopping our names. We will get there at some point, I promise, but more importantly, in the meanwhile, this is teen Beat with Me Danielle Fischel. It's a podcast where I invite interesting people to sit down and chat about their upbringings, the glorious and the awkward, all in an attempt to pay me back for the years I spent on television as a literal kid. It's an easy concept. I gave you my childhood. It's time we hear yours. And this week I'm hanging out with a reality television superstar who's here not only to talk about his formative years, but this session will also double as a conduit between his generation and mine, with the goal of making me cooler by the end of this episode. Twenty eight years old, six foot five, this Queensland, Australia native burst onto the scene in twenty eighteen as the standout star of New Zealand's hit reality dating show Heartbreak Island, leaving with a one hundred thousand dollars prize and a newly recognizable name. In branding. He then sidestepped the success onto twenty twenty one's British dating game show Too Hot to Handle and MTV's Match Me If You Can, a prime example of celebrity in the always changing media landscape of today. He continued to make the unscripted rounds from flori Islava to Amazing Raced Australia to Perfect Match, eventually landing on the thirty second season of Dancing with the Stars, where he helped usher in a new era for them show, one that has continued to gain momentum ever since then. He made the once impossible transition into traditional acting, appearing in last year's The Wrong Paris alongside Miranda Cosgrove and the upcoming Horrified with Ron Pearlman, Busy Phillips and Jim Rash. And now he's about to raise the ante with his own reality dating show, Let's Marry Harry on Netflix, executive produced by Alex Cooper of Call Her Daddy Fame, with the goal of guiding the serial dater toward a committed, long term relationship. He has his own podcast on the Unwell Network called Boyfriend Material, but today he's here on teen Beat because I have to assume somewhere underneath this hot guy facade is an awkward, dorky teenager. You know what, It's probably not. It's probably always been cool. Anyway, Welcome to the show, Harry Jousey.
Speaker 3: That was the coolest I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, saying that six of us reality TV superstars Superstar said that really it's usually reality TV star. Well, I've got the supernow superstar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's supermodel superstars?
Speaker 3: So you really like did you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just supply by night operation?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: This is iHeart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the big this is a.
Speaker 2: Serious building, as you called it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so cool. I feel really official.
Speaker 2: You should and you're very cool. You should you should be you should feel cool?
Speaker 3: Wow? What do I do now? It's so fun?
Speaker 2: Am I right? Have you always been cool?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I was terrible.
Speaker 4: I was such a little Yeah, a little sausage.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to need some more explanation about that. What's a little sausage?
Speaker 3: I just feel like sausage is like a universal word and I just say it for everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what does it mean in terms of what you were like as a child? You little sausage?
Speaker 3: Can I swear you sure can.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, because I was gonna say it was a little ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. Yeah that makes sense to me. A little sausage. I needed explanation. You say a little shit, I get it.
Speaker 3: Okay cool. Yeah, No I usually say sausage for like anything bad. But yeah, I was a little ship growing up like I was. I grew up in central Queensland, Australia, in this small town called Jupoon, and the closest city is Rockhampton, which is the beef capital of Australia.
Speaker 2: So I might say the sausage capital, the sausage capital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of meat going around over there. Yeah. The funny thing is like growing up in a place like that. You know in school you have like different classes, right like New Zealand. When I went to school in New Zealand, there's rugby class. Where I grew up, there was a bull riding class.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I never did it because I'm too tall to write a ball and also.
Speaker 2: There was a height requirement.
Speaker 3: I don't think, so, oh you're taking up.
Speaker 2: Again. I mentioned it in the We need to lock that in as many times as.
Speaker 3: Six or five. But yes, there's like bull writing class and then one of my nephews he open Byron Bait and there's a second class. It's really cool. I don't know if they do that in.
Speaker 2: America, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: We should do it.
Speaker 2: There's bowling. I took bowling, okay, bowling, yeah in college. Yeah, yeah, seriously I needed I needed like a one unit class. I needed one unit class. And I gotta admit, like bowling, I really do. I thought, Yeah, I mean I can be. I was that semester.
Speaker 3: How do you get graded on that? Like how do you you just show up?
Speaker 2: Surely you just show up and you actually, you know, look at listen to the thing they tell you what all the dots.
Speaker 3: Mean, and do we know yes, remember I kind of remember.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like where the pins are? You know, you you kind of determine your own So you want to keep your arm really straight, and so depending on where the pins are out there, you actually want to go the opposite direction. Like if you've got a pin to your right side, you want to go more left then more right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it's yeah, that's very technical, but I want to I want to give back to being a little ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, yeah, no, I grew up. I was just a very naughty kid growing up. I think the first time I got suspended was in grade two. Oh for what, I think I threw a desk at a teacher.
Speaker 2: That's not a little thing.
Speaker 3: I think it was that.
Speaker 2: That's not what I definitely do that. At some point I thought you were going to say throwing a paper airplane, and then you said throwing a desk at a teacher or should.
Speaker 3: You be in jail for sure? And I have been oh, wow, No, I think I was. It was either a chair or desk, but I was very little. It was my first ever memory of school. I didn't like the teacher clearly. And then me and my friend I think his name was Cody, we weren't too good together. We're both very naughty. It was farmber State School, very rural school, and yet it wasn't really going well.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem like it. No, what had they done? The teacher, this terrible teacher.
Speaker 3: I'm the worst teacher ever. I'm definitely the victim. I'm different going. No, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I just think I was just like a kid.
Speaker 3: I was not very good at following rules, but also like, yeah, we had a big problem with that school anyway, So it's about time that we left.
Speaker 2: But so what happened for a reason, You were just trying to get your family out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out of the trenches. Yeah, no, we to be honest, we did have a really bad running with them. So I grew up with my parents not wanting us to believe in any religion.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So they had religion forcing them growing up. So they're like, when you guys are kids, we just want you to believe in whatever you want to believe in, and then when you turn eighteen.
Speaker 4: That's what we focus on.
Speaker 3: So like you just do whatever you want. So back when I was at school super young, religion was like it was kind of mandatory.
Speaker 2: Like part of the curriculum.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. So there was one class and I remember this one class was like, oh, you have to sing hymns and I was like, oh, my family doesn't want me to do that. And I got kicked out of the class. And this was I think this was before after I think this was before the desk operation. So maybe they were trying to do more more deak stuff, maybe get me angry. But so I got kicked out of class and it turned into a whole thing in the news because I went outside and I was like, oh, what do I do? So I told my parents, like, how was school? It was terrible. I kicked out of school because I didn't want to sing these hymns. And obviously my parents were like, well, you shouldn't be forced to do something that we don't believe in. So then, yeah, it ended up my I think my parents wade a letter the headmaster, and then it escalated, ended up in the news. We actually had to leave the country because we started getting stalked and we had we had all these Christmas cards flood our dress, flood our dress, and then horrible threats on us, like horrible, crazy threats on my mom saying I remember this, and I shouldn't have read it, but I remember this one card said I was gonna they were going to put dead rats in my mom. Like obviously a lot more detailed than that. I should have read it. But we ended up leaving the country. We went to Bali, which is a pretty good place to escape too. It was beautiful, and I remember we came back and there's this news network called a Current Affair, and they were on our flight. They're like, yo, my mom was like, oh, I've seen you on TV and the guy was like like, She's like, why are you coming to your poon? So got to interview the Jowsy. He's like, we want to get them on on the news and tell us how to the story. My mom was like, oh, that's us, that's Harry. And then it turned into a whole thing, and I remember it was the first time I was on TV.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But we had the Prime Minister of Australia, John Howard. I think he spoke on it, which is pretty cool. We're not like good reasons, like it wasn't any to be proud of it. It was pretty wild. And then we got dogs by the local news channel too. They came to our address. They literally just showed up and I remember because I was like, oh, Dad, there's all these camera crews in our driveway and my dad just walked outside naked. He's like, he said, get out of here like this. He's pretty proud. He's got Yeah, that's scary. And they left and they said the Jazzys didn't want to be on camera, and they panned to our address and then number and where it was. So that's I think that was.
Speaker 4: Before that was before we left, so we obviously we left.
Speaker 3: Obviously. Now with religion, I've got a way different perspective on it. After losing my dad, I was like, I should probably believe in something, like it's nice. And I'm also twenty eight, so I've started trying to figure out what my path is with religion. So all that to say is that it was all that drama for no reason, because now I believe in something.
Speaker 2: I just try to figure out what kind of what your parents were fighting for the right for was for you to become an adult and figure it out on your own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's kind of nice. It's nice, yeah, because I just remember being a kid and I was like, I wish I believed in something because I'd always be afraid of death and scam scam me as it scares everyone, you know. I'd wake up at them in the night like, oh my god, I don't know what to do, like be crying, and I just wish even if they didn't believe it, or even if it's a bit of a lie or even like gone into so nice to believe.
Speaker 2: In something, to believe in something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think now that that's when I'm thinking about having a family. It's like, oh, I kind of want to just have like a soft this is what we believe in anyway, So that was that was the first kind of trouble growing up.
Speaker 2: I really got to be honest. When I started this questioning and you said you threw a desk at a teacher, I did not expect the story to end up with me actually believing that you were the victim. And I was like, wow, that really you are a very persuasive storyteller, because I actually think that teacher probably deserves it.
Speaker 3: I remember that was just a first memory I had of being naughty at school. And then I remember I left that school after all the religion stuff, and I went to a different school and yupun State School, and that was cool. I remember that was a lot of fun, but we were still Me and my brother would get bullied about the religion stuff. It would be so wild that kids would kids are so mean. But it was like very formative.
Speaker 2: Did you guys describe your self as atheist or no? Just exactly so just non denominational.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't even know. Like that was the thing that people be like, oh you have this or that. I don't even know and that was kind of nice, but it would always get bullied about, like Christmas Christmas because you.
Speaker 2: Didn't celebrate any holidays then either, no, we didn't, but.
Speaker 3: My mom was kind of cheeky. So obviously after Christmas is Boxing Day, so she would go get all the sales and she'd be like, we're doing New Year's celebration instead of which is nice. Yeah, so we would I tell everyone we got more presents, but another think we did because my mom just wanted to get the deal right.
Speaker 2: She just wanted to say maybe she.
Speaker 3: Does believe it religion, and that was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: That was her thank you listen for our kids because I have a similar feeling in the sense that I really don't want to push my own beliefs onto that of my kids. So I tell them that everyone believes something different. No one knows for sure, and here's what mommy believes, but you can decide if you believe the same thing or if you believe something different, And that way there's a little bit of a grounding foundation of yes, I believe the same thing mommy, or at least just putting them putting the thought in their mind that I want them to be critical thinkers and that they can pick and choose some of the things that ring true for them. And these are the things that I believe, but I don't know either, like I'm not right and if this just because I believe something different than what your friend believes doesn't make them wrong.
Speaker 4: So it's so nice to ask questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I realized. That's what I'm grateful for with my parents, is that it's so open for me to figure it out and ask questions. Yeah, because I would, And I think you see a lot of that with people that are kind of like this is how it has to be. They get stuck in that, and then they grow older and they're like a lot of my friends are ex moment. Yeah, they grow older and they're like, oh, I don't know if that's right. I don't know if I believe in that fully or maybe I somewhat believe in it, but I don't. And because they were kind of stuck in that way, they kind of want it on revels, it really unravels. Yeah, So that's why I get a bit worried about and I'm again grateful with my parents so that I can question everything. Yeah, but yeah, anyway, go kicked out of the schools. They go kicked out another school.
Speaker 2: And wow, you don't seem like a trouble make me come on.
Speaker 3: No, I remember the first time I got suspended, my dad said to me, because we grew up in the country, he said, you're never going to do this again. You have to go and pick up every rock and every stick on our property. And that was the worst thing ever because we lived on a farm.
Speaker 2: Right, so it was just rocks and sticks everywhere.
Speaker 3: It was all rocks and sticks, right. Yeah, So that was and that was for the whole weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like that was your dad's version of like wax on wax off.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and you know what, it didn't work because I got suspended again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Was that for a fight club? I know you've been pretty vocal about your teenage fight clubs. Were they like official, did someone keeping minutes or anything?
Speaker 3: No? Oh, you know how we call them tower fights. So you wrap your hands in towels and you punch the shit out of each other until the towels fall off and that's a round done or until you want to stop, okay, And I wasn't. I thought it was good at it. I wasn't very good.
Speaker 2: Did you always win.
Speaker 3: This one time? I Most of the times I was pretty good. This one time wasn't that good. This big, this big.
Speaker 2: Guy, bigger than you. You're six five.
Speaker 3: He was pretty large. He was larger than charge. He bounced my head off a wall and it was the first time I was like, oh god, I got pretty dizzy and I ripped the towels off. I said this, I'm going to get him, and then everyone helped me back. But then I dated his sister, So I was the real winner.
Speaker 2: So you're the real winner. Yeah, our teenage are like, it's crazy on which we have in common? Yeah, tower fights, of course. Is that the worst injury you had as a kid, or did you ever get hurt worse?
Speaker 3: I got any reconstruction at seventeen because I was playing rugby, okay, yeah, and I had that popped out. I thought it was pretty good, not very good, but yeah, I played. So I played rugby in Australia and I got tackled from behind and the guy like pulled my pulled my shin and then my knee kind of shell off my leg And that was kind of cool because when you stand up full of adrenaline. My knee kept slipping off my leg and I was like, what's wrong with me?
Speaker 4: But it was still together. And then my dad was like, you wait, get.
Speaker 3: Back out there.
Speaker 2: Your dad has some mean, very hue, a funny guy coming out naked telling you to go back out there with your knee falling off your legs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think because it wasn't like a crazy hit, like it wasn't like right, he didn't know the moment. It was just like And also I was built like an asparagus, Like I was so skinny and long for no reason, and like my like my legs should have broken a lot sooner. It wasn't very good. But so I went to school in Australia, got kicked out of school in Australia. Then my parents like, we're just gonna send you to a different country. And then I went to school in New Zealand lay Rugby, and I.
Speaker 4: Was the worst.
Speaker 3: I was on the worst team at school and on the bench for them, like they would just put me on for ten minutes at the end. Again like, oh, Harris should probably run.
Speaker 2: How old is your brother?
Speaker 4: I think he's thirty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's three years older than you two and a half, two and a half, two and a half years old. Did he also have to go to New Zealand?
Speaker 3: No, No, he was perfect at school.
Speaker 2: Okay they did they send you a loan to another country?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 3: And then you know what, I got kicked out at school too.
Speaker 4: I delivered a ten for two weeks.
Speaker 2: You what you're delivering a tent yeap for two weeks? Was that your punishment?
Speaker 3: No? My parents, like, we spent so much money on you for boarding school. Like since I was fourteen, I was in boarding school. And so they're like, oh yeah, we spent so much money in boarding school for you, and this was your final year at school.
Speaker 4: We give up.
Speaker 2: Like you said, there's only two weeks left, is what? There were? Two weeks?
Speaker 3: Two weeks aft, Like you didn't have to go to the sister college and streak. I didn't have to do it. I have to do it. But it was funny and if one of our friends didn't get caught by the police and snitch and everyone, we would have got away.
Speaker 2: We would have gotten away with it if not for those meddling kids.
Speaker 3: That's what we're saying. Yeah, you know, so it's kind of not really my fault.
Speaker 2: I see, gosh, I really feel very bad for you.
Speaker 3: It's horrible, honestly troubled up breaking.
Speaker 2: Were you always tall? Did you like sprout overnight or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my family's so tall, like my mom's six foot Yeah, like me, exact same.
Speaker 2: I walked in and you were like, oh my gosh, you're so tall.
Speaker 4: This is so tall.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think my brother's six two, and then my dad was six three, and then he started shrinking.
Speaker 2: You're the tallest in the family.
Speaker 3: I have to be yeah, yeah, of course. And then your four sisters and they're quite little, yeah, a little and fun.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When did you first notice girls? And when did they first start noticing you?
Speaker 3: Jenny, she was I was fourteen and that was hers my virginity to love us so much at fourteen. Yeah wow, yeah, because all my friends were doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why. Yeah, that's that's how it happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm like, god, it is it fun?
Speaker 3: Like what they say, it's kind of weird, okay, yeah, yeah, No. I actually the first girl I noticed, I think I was ten. I'm like, oh, this is hm hmm, there was because there was Her name was Imogen. Remember that really good with names, you are good with imagine. I remember because her parents were from a different, different town and my dad was I think, helping build their shd and they're like, Oh, we're gonna come stay on the farm for a little bit whatever else. And I was like, oh, this is Is this my first girlfriend? Right? Maybe not? But then as I remember, I turned fourteen, all my friends were like telling me about like losing their virginities for the first time with their girlfriends. And I was like, God, what do we do? Who do I go for? And then Jenny is my friend's cousin. She's like, I'll do.
Speaker 2: It, be your girlfriend or yeah.
Speaker 3: And she had a boyfriend of two years, so she knew what was going on. She knew the lads, knew the ropes. Yeah, And so that was the first time, and I remember I was like, this is weird. Yeah, this is interesting. I was like I didn't expect it to feel like this. And then she was like, go out there and then come back to me after you get a few more girls, and I'll tell you if you got better.
Speaker 2: She was so like she was a coolman of the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was cool. Yeah, I remember I was like obsessed with her at school, Like every everyone would always yell at me, like when Forrest coming, I love you, Jenny. They would always yell at me.
Speaker 2: That you loved her.
Speaker 3: It's my queen. Yeah, yeah, I don't know where she's that now. She's probably happily.
Speaker 2: You've never bothered to look up. So if you can find it on social media.
Speaker 3: I just keep name dropping her in every podcast.
Speaker 2: Everywhere you go. You I actually I was, let me see it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not that crazy.
Speaker 2: Where do you go on dates in New Zealand? What's the dating scene?
Speaker 3: Like? Oh, it was pretty bad. That's why I end up on these dating shows. Okay, what do we do? Running out of options? To be honest, until recently, I wasn't very good at being a data silly to say it, but I realized that if you want something, you have to put an effort. If you want something good, you gotta put an extra effort. So when I was younger, I would be like dinner, a park, go for a walk, like whatever. But when I was at school in New Zealand, pretty much just like I love doing stuff in the daytime, like I love daytime activities or going and doing something together. But now I'm being more active. We're trying to plan better date, to be a better data.
Speaker 2: What's a good date for you?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Like, if you were going to plan a great date, you want to hear.
Speaker 3: The craziest one. Yeah, fly to Catalina Island on a helicopter, get dinner, and then fly back. Wow, because I thought that was like pretty intense.
Speaker 2: That is pretty intense. What if it's a bad first date and then you've got like a helicopter ride and.
Speaker 3: A like Instagram stories?
Speaker 2: Yeah? True, Okay, so that's good.
Speaker 3: That I went on. I Throughout the whole date, I had written pre written compliments for I was really excited to see this person, Okay, and every like I think like every thirty minutes or so or twenty minutes, I would give her a piece of paper and I'd be like, I think you're so amazing. And then the end of it, I was like, I think you should be going to go. Yes. I had like ten ten outs I've written at and I kept giving it to him. I was like, oh, I said, this is this makes me feel good because it's intentional.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, and you got to think about really what you wanted to say, instead of just trying to come up with them on the spot.
Speaker 3: And it makes it feel special. Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 2: That's the most important. So let's go back to let's say you're sixteen and you start looking for brand deals. Not that that was a thing when you were sixteen, but let's say that it was. What are if some of the products you hope reach out to you?
Speaker 3: Links deodorant which like our acts, you guys have a that's the one. Yeah, so it's rebranded Links in Australia, I think l y n X and love them. And Colgate toothpaste.
Speaker 2: Ooh, you've always been a cold Gate guy.
Speaker 3: No, I hate them so much now.
Speaker 2: But back then you loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I used to have the yellow his teeth but I just yeah, and Mathwash. I was a big Listinge mathwash guy. Okay, yeah, but then apparently that's also not good for you.
Speaker 2: I know, you know what, Nothing is anything good for us? No, yeah, whatever whatever you currently are using, it's bad for you. Whatever you used to use is now better for you, and whatever, and then five years it will change again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Actually, back then I had braces and blocks and rubber bands, so yeah, maybe teeth self would have been cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, did you have a favorite food or snack?
Speaker 3: No, I was like thee of a horse, so I just eat everything. And when I was sixteen, I was just I couldn't eat enough food. It was wild.
Speaker 2: But you said you were built like an asparagus, which is the opposite of a horse. So when did you go from asparagus to horse?
Speaker 3: I think when I was like twenty two, okay, when I started to fill out. But yeah, back then I was more like a flamingo, I think, okay, skinny legs and just a pop belly. Hot. It was a unique look.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite reality TV show you have not appeared on.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just finished Traders? Have you been watching Traders?
Speaker 2: I have seen Traders yet.
Speaker 3: Would you do it? Have you done it?
Speaker 2: No, I've not done it, and I think I would be terrible at it. Would you want to be a faithful or a Trader?
Speaker 3: Trader? For sure? Trader, I'll get caught out right away, you think so? For sure? I'm so bad at Lie. No, it's all the other shows where I kissed go and I about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm wanting I'm like.
Speaker 3: This guy's stupid. You can see it.
Speaker 5: You can see what I'm lying, like, no way, Yeah, and then I'm like I'm exaggerating, Like tell them to pull up the replay.
Speaker 3: This is a TV show, right, They're like, this guy's an idiot, Like why so me as a as a trade to go? We didn't kill with that person. I didn't mean we they literally I would just but I was being obsessed with that because I've had a few of them on my podcast and I just think, like the whole experience would be cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, one didn't chest me. Let's marry Harry was my retirement one.
Speaker 2: Okay. I want to get to that in a second, but before I do, I do want to talk about your crossover into traditional movies real acting you're doing now, Yeah, what do you like more? Do you like being yourself on reality TV or a heightened version of yourself on reality TV? Or do you prefer something that's scripted where you get to play a character.
Speaker 3: I love acting because everyone has the I guess the main essence of it is it's someone's dream and their idea, and I love being a part of someone's dream. Like I love being like, oh my god, I get to be an accessory, like because you know how it is. It takes forever to get a thought to film. Oh yes, like I thought in front of the consumer and like so many corporate meetings and then who's the right person for this position? And then rewrites the script Like there's just so much stuff that goes into it. And just like I'm not saying reality TV isn't like that, But when everyone's on set, everyone knows the game plan, everyone's read the script, everyone's so excited about it. Everyone knows what they need in the scene, right, And I just love that, Like I love that idea and I love that, Like I think reality TV is a little bit more like unraveled, Like it's just you could be filming twenty hours a day. You could be all over the place. You don't know what the scene is going to give. You don't know if you've got to hit or not hit. But like when you're on set, like you can feel, yeah, the vibe on a script it said so the movies I have done, Like I just really love that, And I just love seeing people like reading nail it like.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you love obviously, like you just said that collaborative. We're all it, We're all on the same team. We're all going for the same goal, and now we're just going to talk out what the best avenue is to get there.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like reality TV.
Speaker 2: It's like you don't even know what the storyline.
Speaker 3: Is, kiss that go and then lie about.
Speaker 2: It, right, right? And are they that direct? No, it's my brain, right, but they are right, they are. They are thinking like, let's see if he'll get drunk and kiss that girl and then lie about it, and then you'll have a show.
Speaker 3: And he'll do it every time.
Speaker 2: You gotta get you gotta get that guy.
Speaker 3: Thing is whatever our vought show. And I hear producer was someone to say, she's getting boring. I'm be one second, hold on, hold on, what do we got to do? That's the because I'm just like I remember like earlier shows, like I would just be a menace, Like I would go into something like there's obviously there's different couples, right, I'd take something out of someone's bag and put it in someone else's bag like they're gonna fight it. And then I go like, because everyone's.
Speaker 2: Over, producer's dreamy and just take away all the bad producer responsibility from them and you do it for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, free. He's so stupid. And I remember Perfect Match was like one nighter, no one was doing anything, and I was so drunk, so I just said, go to the mayonnaise and walk around like feeding, feeding everyone mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: You have to eat it. It's so good. Never made the cut.
Speaker 3: It was just so weird, right.
Speaker 2: But you know it. It was an experience that you'll have and everyone there, everyone.
Speaker 3: Now had to tell me for the mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they will get to tell everyone Harry loves feeding people mayonnaise when he gets drunk.
Speaker 3: Ye, very good.
Speaker 2: I'd like to pitch you a movie. Okay, that's good, it's pretty earnest. I'm serious here. I want you to do a three Amigo's reboot with Rob Roush and Dylan that Ron.
Speaker 3: Wow, that would be cool. But they really nice, so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Steve Martin and Martin short and then you could be Chevy Cha perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love I really love Dylan. I haven't met Rob. Maybe I have, I'm not sure, but Dylan is the best guy ever.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: He's so sweet.
Speaker 2: I know what's going on. Yeah, just the nicest, the nicest, true, like salt of the Earth. It's like, no surprise too that then he and Robert Irwin connected because it's again another guy. You're just like, is there a single bad bone or even just a bit of a bone. I don't think so. No bones, No bones, They're made of mayonnaise. It's it's just incredible.
Speaker 3: Let's go, how do we get that?
Speaker 2: And now that I've said it's manifested for you, I know you got to meet Tom Cruise during his mission Impossible Press Roun. Wow was he your guy?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Who were your celebrities growing up?
Speaker 3: Justin Bieber always number one?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Adams, he's he's just the coolest guy. Tom Cruise obviously, Wow, Like I think and Brad Pitt probably I got it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: The thing is that it's when you meet people like that, like maybe it's different, but I'm like, I don't know what to do with my hands. I don't know what to look like. I met Tom and I was like, we've got to mutual friend, right, and he was like okay. I was like, I've done plates with Glenn Powell one time, and he was like he's done plates with Glenn. And then I'm like, okay, who did he say that to? She's like looked at like there was so many people and I looked at the crowd and I was like, oh, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, mister Cruise. Can we just take the.
Speaker 2: Could you send me your cake?
Speaker 3: You cake?
Speaker 2: I want to be on the cake list?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wait? What's the cake list?
Speaker 2: Is Tom Cruise? Everybody he works with, he then the following year sends them a cake. Everyone. He remembers everybody's names. He sends them like a person. It's a Christmas gift, he sends them. Uh, I think it's a sweet lead. No, it's not a sweet lady. Jane's a Woodland Hills cake Don's Bakery. It's famous and people who get it now it's like, you know, Hollywood Lore, are you on the Tom Cruise list to get the cake? And now with social media, people who get them will open them up and put into them and take bites.
Speaker 3: I lie, I'm gonna buy one from this place.
Speaker 2: And I think, okay, thanks Tom, do it great? Put on the list, suggests not sure how we got a cake.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna lie like, yeah, guys, thanks, thank you. I really should make miss possible the next one. I'm the lead.
Speaker 2: I'm the lead to Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stepping it his replacement.
Speaker 5: He sees the potential off his one really AWKWD interview interaction.
Speaker 2: Did you have any celebrity crushes growing up?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously Angela and Joy.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, come on, who didn't have a crush on Angela and Yeah, mister and.
Speaker 3: Missus Smith, I think that was I'm like, I need a love that reality. Maybe it's them too.
Speaker 2: They that's we can blame them. We can totally blame the two of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mister missus Smith. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be in reality, it would never happened.
Speaker 7: Love life would have been perfect. Yeah, I think that's okay.
Speaker 2: Do you have any cool young suggestions for me? Before we started this podcast, we talked about your pants that are dirty on purpose? There you paid extra money for this dirt? That could be something? What could I do as a mid forties mom of two? How did? What could I do to be cooler?
Speaker 3: So you didn't strike me as Sony's dirty?
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's cut out the dirty pants. You know you didn't need to do that. Okay, I think you question You've got a podcast?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, very cool?
Speaker 3: The coolest thing you could have ever done? Okay, okay, I we love hots.
Speaker 2: We love them. I know how to do the I know how to do the young gen Z verse.
Speaker 3: Isn't it the heart?
Speaker 2: You can do it with all of them?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think that's right.
Speaker 4: I think yeah, I think there's something with the pinkies this one.
Speaker 3: Am I getting old? What's good?
Speaker 2: Exactly what? But I'm matching it with yours? So we do it together? See?
Speaker 3: Am I did I just age myself?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy or old?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I'm the oldest person in life. I don't know. I feel like health and wellness is really into.
Speaker 2: So okayptides, Oh what do you say? It could be one five.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the Glimmax. No, the Glimax and NAD so Glomax.
Speaker 2: I know about all about NAD. I hadn't an AD shot not that long ago. And it bruised the back of my arm.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't even feel.
Speaker 2: It, but I yeah, I don't. I think I bruised like a peach.
Speaker 3: Oh you do? Yea?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's nice and sensitive and sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm just little, you up?
Speaker 3: I think yeah? I think Glomax is GHK CU and it BP one and then there's something else. But it's talking meant to be really good and good for your skins.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I just want people to know, not that I'm anti your your health and wellness thing, but for people who I had cancer in twenty twenty four and peptides, one of the reasons they're so good for your skin is that they promote cell turnover. One of the things you don't want if you have cancer is those cells to turnover. And multi three times you had what three times skin cancer? Okay, So what I'm saying is peptides right now are kind of all the rage, but they're not for everyone. So worth possibly talking to your dermatologist to say, is there is there a potential for my skin cancer cells to be regenerating? Because I love lying to it.
Speaker 4: You just love God, it makes you feel better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I like to my therapist. I don't like to my oncologist. Okay, you know, pick and choose the doctors you lie to.
Speaker 3: Friend, Okay, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: You don't even have to tell me the name. Just what's the oldest person you've ever had slide into your DMS?
Speaker 3: Oh uh, I don't know, like a seventies eighties, but that's who the stars is going. Like the average the average audience age is sixty. I believe maybe it's changed now, but when I was on the show, there was sixty and after that I add some some freaky older ladies. I want to taste of the sausage. You know, I was gonna say apple pie, but I don't know why shut up.
Speaker 2: I am about ready to wrap up my ballroom career with a few final dates on the Dancing with the Stars Live Tour. And you competed and also hit the road. Did you have as much fun on the show as I have been having, which is immeasurable amounts of fun? In case you were good time in my life?
Speaker 4: I wanted to die.
Speaker 3: Did you know? It was the best experience ever, so rewarding and amazing. I just never danced in my life. And I'm like, well you a little and easy to move now?
Speaker 2: Yeah I can.
Speaker 3: I'm a tree. And one of the judges, like one of the extra judges, one day, he was like, are you a tree trunk? You don't know what's going on out I'm trying, You're correct.
Speaker 4: So when I was on tour, I came out as a t and it was really fun. But no, I had the best time.
Speaker 3: Everyone was really lovely and then they weren't, and then they weren't. Yeah, because you know, cool when the next season comes around, so everyone stops talking to you.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean also, you know what that schedule's like. When the next season comes around, they're locked in. Boy, you have no time for anything. I was. I was a little surprised by how much of my life had absorbed.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He deletes every plan and everything that you have. Yeah. The next season came around the show, and I realized like a lot of the people were not text me back or on following me. And actually, the biggest thing that upset me, the most biggest thing that upset me the most is when my dad had passed, no one text me, and I was really close to them. No one had texted me apart from Sasha, and I was like, okay, So I was like, I don't know if you guys are really my friends or it was just it was horrible.
Speaker 4: It was right.
Speaker 2: That was a very telling moment for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also I think the hardest thing was like I was trying my best with all the noise and rething.
Speaker 4: But I just think I'm I'm kind of.
Speaker 3: Glad that I'm not friends with any of them because of when my dad had passed that I was like, there was one of them. I was training in the gym with him like every day, and I'm like, oh, I could and I told him that my dad was sick, and there was a lot of them, and I knew that they knew that someone was going on.
Speaker 4: I think that was the thing that felt most.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, okay, there's.
Speaker 2: No denying he knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no denying that, and you could have texted or anything like that. But when I posted the photo like and my dad's passed, they just like it. And I'm like, I would have moved mountains, Like if it was you, I would have been there. So I think that's why I'm like, I'm kind of glad that that chapter.
Speaker 2: Is behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't know if you're really real people. But it's all good because I think when you're in that show, and I've spoken to other people that want the show too, like it's just such a bubble and you see like it's it's such a bubble and nothing else matters. And I think like when you when you're a dancer and you on that show, that's like you made the NFL because like a lot of the other pros that like leave the show that kind of like the outcasts. They don't really talk to them, so it's a bit weird. Anyway, I'm probably going to get in.
Speaker 6: Trouble for that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't really care.
Speaker 2: You've mentioned a couple of times about your dad passing, so it's obviously something that still deeply affects you when you were close to your dad. You've had great stories in this podcast about do you want to talk a little more about your dad? Is there anything in particular you want to say, or.
Speaker 3: I just it's like, grief is so fun and I love I love thinking about my dad and I love getting the opportunity to talk about like lost one like lost loved ones because it's really like that was the hard the hardest thing I've ever experienced is watching him take his last breath.
Speaker 4: But that was such a beautiful thing to be a part of.
Speaker 3: And I think you learn a lot about your environment and your people and who really cares and who's really there when you're going through something so humanizing and something so like traumatic, and I'm just I was just so grateful that I was there to be there and experience that. But like there's so much drama around death too, Like family is so silly and sassy. Yes, Like isn't it kind of funny how people.
Speaker 4: Get when someone goes.
Speaker 3: But I just love, yeah, I just I love being able to talk about him because he's he's my whole personality, you know, like my dad was when growing up. He's the biggest flirt in front of mom. He's flirting with the waitress. He's teaching me how to tip. I remember we would be first time I ever tipped, because tipping is on a thing in Australia. But if someone's really good, my dad would be like, here's some cash. You got to shake their hand and and I'm like, okay, that's cool because you don't want other people to see it because then they thing that they get to like, okay, it's like only the good.
Speaker 2: One, only the good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, But I love, like, I just love thinking about that stuff because she's all fleeting, right, And I guess that's where my journey with religion and it's going now because I remember sitting now with him because he went through with his sister dying and that was the scariest thing but the most beautiful thing on the planet because you get to know that he's this is the day, like he gets to choose and you get to be there. You get to spend every day with him, and that was really cool. But uh wow, yeah, it was just like obviously every relationship and every relationship with your parents is up and down, and I had so many I'd like two or three years right, didn't talk to him because he struggled with alcohol, and we had this very rocky relationship, but as as anyone does. Like not no relationships, absolutely, but I just I'm so grateful that we got to we got to know, and I got to look back and it's just all those hard days and all those happy days. Just be grateful because my.
Speaker 2: Dad, Yeah, it's really nice that you were there too for those those last moments. I really think are like just one of the points of life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so like is it so? I remember Alex Warren was talking about it when his parents had passed that like he was in the hospital and his whole world is just like flipped on its head, Like it's the hardest thing is they ever gone through. And then he walks outside.
Speaker 2: And the world is all just moving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are driving past.
Speaker 3: No one cares. And that's why I felt like. I remember because he had a drink and he went to sleep, and remember seeing there. I was like, because my sister Sarah, she said, hold his feet, You'll get allose magic powers when he goes over. So I'm sitting there holding his feet and he takes his last breath. I remember, I was like, Wow, this is really tough, but this is the hardest thing ever there. I can't be in this room. So I went outside and went and cried in a bush. I'm looking him like no one, no one else, no one cares about what just said, Like this is.
Speaker 2: It's a very isolating wowing yeah.
Speaker 3: But then this, yeah, the same thing, Like I just look at older people that reached out, Like there was friends that were like, I'll fight in New Zealand right now. Yeah, there was friends that were like, I'll literally do anything that you need. I'll be there whatever else. And then there was a lot of friends that didn't. I couldn't even text what it is and it's not like I needed it, Like I'm good and I had my sisters.
Speaker 4: But god, it's nice to just know that because.
Speaker 3: Then it's but well, I was gonna say a birthday text, but that's a little bit. You can let that slide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can let that one go. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I agree with you. Grief and death, though, does everybody responds very differently. Some people really like I, I don't know what to say, and that not knowing what to say paralyzes you. And certainly there are other people who are just assholes and are just like gonna be callous and not care. But also for other people, it can I don't know what to say, I don't want to do I call, and if I call, am I interrupting? Am? I? You know, everyone can make people weirdy, and.
Speaker 3: Death is so scary, and I think the only thing because now I guess I'm the spokesperson for the dead Dad Club with all my friends. So I've had a few friends now who've lost parents, And my best advice to anyone if they have a friend that's lost someone or whatever else, is just them knowing that you're there is super important. So like the greatest thing, the greatest gift that I learned was that I don't want people calling me all the time. I don't want on a good day, like if someone's blowing my phone up, it's horrible. But on those moments, I just if you text your friend.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, thinking about you, thinking.
Speaker 3: About you, whatever, you need them here, love you so much like that. Wow, if I had that from half the people that I'm angry at, it would have been a different story and I still would have tried to help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, so anyway, thank you for sharing all with me. That was very special. So let's talk very briefly about Let's Marry Harry executive produced by Alex Cooper for Netflix. Outside of assuming you just picked sea at the end, we don't know anything about it. What can you tell us?
Speaker 3: So it does get picked at the end. No, you know what's funny is she texts me and she went by me saying this. She text me, she goes, if they're all duds, Harry, just let me know, come save the day. She's awesome. She's so funny, like we have such a good relationship. She's like, just let me know if you don't having a good time, and I'll come save the day. And I'm like, okay, cool. But it is that was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Yeah, a lot of stuff with my dad is going to be in there. She was really like, ah, I guess vulnerable and opens me up more than I've ever been up and up on the show before. And I think, also, it's different this time because i'd have to be any but myself. Yeah, I don't have to compete with other guys for screen time or I don't have to hide stuff in people's rooms. But there's obviously a lot of drama, way too much drama, a lot of sleepless nights, pretty pretty chaotic show, amazing cast, like the most beautiful cast on the planet ever to exist, most incredible stories, the most incredible people, And I just think that it's going to be such a wild ride for everyone to come on. There's a lot of cringe moments. I'm sure that I've done a lot of embarrassing things that I've done, and I just, yeah, I would sink I'm going to be watching through my fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that you're at this phase of life where you are ready to settle down, do you hate watching old reality clips of young f boy? Harry can't do it.
Speaker 3: Like it's nice to look back and be like, oh, I don't want to be like that anymore. Right, Well, say, my whole dating life has been on TV sincey nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of yeah, a lot of silly decisions, of course, but yeah, now I'm glad it's wrapped up.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. When you get Harry Jowsey, you don't just let him leave that easy. He's going to stick around for a bonus episode where we will listen to one of your voicemails. It'll premiere this Friday on the dedicated teen Beat feed. Just search teen Beat wherever you get your podcasts. That way, every new episode just shows up when they're released. Plus, I want you to share your own tales of childhood cringe with the podcast. Record a voice memo recalling the most embarrassing story from your teens, and then email it to teenbeatpod at gmail dot com and the next thing you know, Harry Jowsey will be commenting on it. It's that easy. Teen Beat is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel. Executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production Danielle Romo producer and editor Tara Soudbox. The theme song is by Mark Coppus, Yes that Mark Coppus. Follow us on Instagram at teenbetpod