Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: Y'all know me.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite on Shanna Sharp, that guy number eighty five, Liberty City's own Route Runner, Extraordinary Bingo Ring of Fame honoreed the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and do it a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, guys, because you've been supporting us so die hard, so for so long, we had to come on tonight. But boy, that game was good and terrible. I mean the sixty sixty three. It was raining and then nobody want to play they you know, Seattle had to fly cross country on Christmas Day. Chicago's like, bro, we ain't got nothing to play for, we can't do anything, and boy, it was real snooze fest tonight.
Speaker 3: But we are here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you our insights on the game because we want to thank you for your support, so we want to return to favor. Make sure you check out Shave by Laporti eight. We have it in stock. The holidays are here, Christmas just celebrated Christmas. Hopefully you had a wonderful time, whether it was Christmas, whether it was Honika Kwanza, whatever you celebrate, Hopefully it was safe.
Speaker 3: Enjoy.
Speaker 2: If you cannot find Laportier in a store in the city or state near you, order it will ship it directly to you.
Speaker 3: And remember please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms that shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. You know, we had our latest release that just dropped. Last month's T shirts, sweats, hoodies, and stocking stuff for such as beanies, coozies, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours while supplies last. Everyone started receiving their orders. We got some messages, some dms that hey, we got our got some more stuff today. Hopefully by Friday, which is tomorrow, everybody will have their shipments of the merchandise.
Speaker 3: That they added.
Speaker 2: That they are ordered, and we want to thank you again for your support. Continue support, make sure you let us know what you think. Tickets for the Super Bowl show in New Orleans. It's our first spring tour stop. The tickets are on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. It's February sixth in New Orleans. Be there great guests a lineup. We promise you you don't want to miss this. We've been nominated for two sports podcasts, towards Best American Football Podcast and Best Sports Comedy Podcast. Please show us your support and go vote for UNK and Ojo. The link is pinned in the chat, on our social pages and in our social bios O Joe. The Seahawks defeated the Bears sixty three. Kobe Bryant picks off Caleb Williams on fourth and ten, ceiling the Seahawks victory. Should the Bears have kicked the fifty five or should the Bears have attempted a fifty seven yard field goal or try to try to pick up the first down there and get him get closer.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, if they thought their kicker had the leg even attempt of fifty seven yard field goal, especially with the ink with the weazard, it was Hey, listen, this good game. This game was not only good hera boy, it was a snooze, specially me. Yes, it was part of the guy on the part of the Bears officer coordinator not making any goddamn adjustments, adjustments to what the Seahawks were doing the entire game. They blitzing, it's it's the numbers game. It's or it's the numbers game. Make the juste necessary to give Caleb Williams the time to actually throw the ball. He running for us like they had six six seven sacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in that situation, do show you know they're bringing gas. Hey, I'm gonna make almost run smoke screens and jail breaks, screens and shallows until you stop listen.
Speaker 3: I gotta get listen.
Speaker 1: You got that you got to understand. You got that you have to scheme against. Okay, listen, when it comes to playing football, the game of football, it's simple. It's a game of masses, the game of numbers, and it's simply a chess mask between the officer coordinator and the defensive coordinator. Anticipate what they're gonna do. You're in the fourth quarter. They've been blitzing the whole goddamn game based on your tennessees and down in distance, COmON sense.
Speaker 3: You gotta know what to do.
Speaker 1: They not even using Kyler Williams too. It's goddamn stress.
Speaker 2: Well, anytime I got a mobile quarterback, ojo, the last thing I want to do is to give him time. I wanted to make him make snap decisions. So I'm gonna pressure. I'm gonna heat him up because I don't want him to sit back there because I know Caleb Williams wants to buy time, he wants to ay let everything develop. No, I want to I want you to make quick decisions. And the way I do that is that I blitch you. And then because when I blench you, you're gonna take your eyes off downfield because you're gonna see the rush and you all of a sudden and you're not gonna readjust him. By the time you readjust hey, we're gonna either have you out of the pocket or we're gonna be got you.
Speaker 3: And so that's what they were doing. I agree with you, O Joe.
Speaker 2: I didn't see any adjustment tonight that would make me think, like bro y'all, see what they're doing.
Speaker 3: They're doing the same thing. Now.
Speaker 2: Maybe Seattle is not a blitz package team, but you know, normally McDonald's is a a You feel he can get pressure with his front four. But in that situation, I just want to speed Caleb Williams up. I do not want him to have time, O Joe. I don't want him to think about what he's doing. I wanna a pressure on him and I want to make him fanatic. I want to make him frantic. I want to make him like Helter Skelter. And when if I can do that, I like my chances. He is a rookie. He's going to get better, but he's not gonna get better in this system. He's not gonna get better this year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Absolutely night Listen, it's malpractice what they're doing to him. Offensively, whether the coordinators are whatever they're doing. He looked like a deer in headlights on Yeah, every time you look like a deer in headlights. He has no time to be composed. He's always on the run. He's running for his life, and they confuse him the entirety of the night. I'm about confused. I mean that's they did.
Speaker 2: But Ojo, but it is okay to throw the ball away. You're not gonna look. I know in college you are able to get away from a lot of this, a lot of this, o Joe, because that's what you know. He won the Heisman Trophy. He does have gates escapability.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 2: He's able to throw the ball on the run, rolling to his rolling to his life.
Speaker 3: Right, he does. He can do that, Ojo.
Speaker 2: A lot of times, mobile quarterbacks get themselves in trouble feeling that they can escape everything. Look at the most sacked guys, and a lot of the guys that have been most sacked are your most mobile guys that you wouldn't think. There are your Michael Vicks, there are your Justin Fields. There are you lebart Now Lamar doesn't get sacked as much as he did early in his career because he understands he does a better job of getting off the football. But Steve Young used to get sacked a lot, Steve McNair used to get sacked a lot. Randall Cunningham used to get sacked a lot. Go back and look at a lot of your mobile quarterbacks and you'll see because they run themselves out of harm's way on the front side, only to run themselves into trouble on the backside. But he's gonna have to do a better job because they can't protect you all. They can put you behind the Great Wall of China, but at some point in time, you're gonna have to find a way to get rid of the football oho and not take those unnecessary sacks, because sometimes he takes not tonight, notwithstanding, he takes sack that takes them out of field goal range or puts them in a bad situation where it could be third and save four. Now all of a sudden, it's third and eleven is third and thirteen. You can't do that because you're not over You're not good enough to overcome long down in distances, down in and down out, game in and game out.
Speaker 1: Listen if they if the officer coordinator and the head coach know that the officer line is as bad as it is. Bill, no bad the way it is. You gotta run the quick game. You gotta run the quick game. If you're not having any success on the ground, you got to be able to get the ball out of Caleb's hands as fast as possible. Help them. Listen, if the receivers are having problems getting off the ball and getting open condense, the goddamn spits. Put them in bunch, Put put players in motion. Do it. There's so many different things you can do from a creative standpoint to not only help Caleb Williams, but to help the officer line and the wolves that they have in and get the players in your playmakers' hands. It's too many things you can do from a creative standpoint that they're just not doing. Especially they're not watching what the Seahawks is doing. And I'm sitting here watching the game. Well, god damn, why are you running? Why are you running routes twelve yards and over? And you know you're not. You don't have no time to throw to guy.
Speaker 2: You got that kind of time. You don't got that time to complete the ball. The Seattle Seahawks have proved the ninety seven. They're half game back of the Rams for the NFC West. The Rams this week, they aren't home the last two games. They got the Cardinals this week and then they have the Seahawks the following week.
Speaker 3: Both games are at home.
Speaker 2: The Seahawks tonight recorded seven sacks, chiuntless pressures, Geno Smith seventeen of twenty three above sixty Caleb Williams sixteen to twenty eight one two no.
Speaker 3: Touchdowns one of exceptions.
Speaker 2: Like I said, look, I understand the condition, but it's just a bad football. Plus this Thursday, plus this Christmas. Ain't nobody really trying to travel Seattle, like man brou And you know, O Joe, when you travel from the North Way North, I mean, you can't go further north than what Seattle is unless you got a team Alaska, Russia.
Speaker 3: Not as far north you're gonna be able to go.
Speaker 2: But this game was not very good considering and even the games last night, O Joe. Yeah, they were one side of yesterday, but Man, I mean, and and what Texans only scored four points? I mean two points considering that the Saints got shut out. They were the first team to get shut out. In the twenty twenty four season, they scored zero points. Seattle, excuse me, Seattle. Pittsburgh only scored ten points. But tonight you got bad offenses that didn't didn't execute very well. It was raining, it's today after Christmas. Give various fans credit for showing up because they know they're not going anywhere. They're trying to be very supportive. So I tip my hat oh Joe the team. The fans that go out there when their team they know their team is trash and they're not very good and they're not going anywhere, and they show up with the same passion as if they're in Kansas City, the same passion as they were with Philly, or they're in Baltimore or one of these teams that they know they're going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: But I commend the Bears.
Speaker 2: For doing what they do because they don't have a whole lot to cheer about.
Speaker 3: Its promising.
Speaker 2: It's going to be very interesting to see who they hire and the offensive coordinator that they get to groom and to cultivate.
Speaker 3: Caleb Williams. Don't mess this up. Bears.
Speaker 2: Y'all really haven't had good quarterbacks in a long, long time. I don't know if you've ever hell, you might got to go back to Cid luckman. I know what Jim McMahon did, but O Joe. For the most part, they haven't had very good look at quarterback position. And if they messed this up, they're gonna be kicking themselves.
Speaker 1: Listen, they should be kicking themselves for what they've done to quarterbacks. But I don't know how long it's been. Jim McMahon is the last one I can remember that has some type of success, ob see. But when you think about it, I think about the coaches that are out there. They had Pete Carroll's name in it, but from a creativity stand point, understanding the skill set and how special Cayleb Williams is having someone that can come in there and get the most out of his potential and what he's able to do. Ben Johnson, I know you're gonna see this clip. All coaches, all players see these clips that we have on Nightcap. Ben, if you have an opportunity, man, please not only save that franchise, but save Kayleb Williams, Dave Kayler Williams and allow him. I mean, you're one of the one of the few officer coordinators who are similar to that of Andy Reid, who has the creative prowess from an officer standpoint that can get him to his full potential and change that and turn that bears organization around. I mean, somebody got to do it, and he's the only one I can think of. He's the only one I can think of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean because the success that Kingsbury has had with Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 3: Do you look at him?
Speaker 2: You see he did get Kyler Murray Rookie of the Offensive Rookie of the Year, about to do it again with jayde and Daniels offensive Rookie of the Year. He coached Johnny Manziel got him the Heisman. Kyler Murray got him the Heisman. If I'm not mistaken, he might have been the coach with Baker Mayfield got him the Heisman. But now maybe Baker was a was it Cliff or was it a what's the guy? What's the offensive coordinator name? At us? The head coach at USC But Cliff has done a great job of cultivating young quarterbacks, getting them prepared to play. If I'm not mistaken, he was I think he had Pat mahone boy.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Riley, Lincoln Roley. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Lincoln Riley had Kyler Murray and h and Baker Mayfield in college. But I know Cliff had it at at Arizona. I know Cliff had Johnny Manziel at Texas A and M. I know Cliff had Patrick Mahomes at Texas A and M. So he understands that level of quarterback, the athletic quarterback that can throw the football, but they're really good with their legs. Johnny great with his legs, espacely in college. Mahomes great with his legs. We see what he can.
Speaker 3: Do with now.
Speaker 2: He doesn't run around as much as Caleb, he doesn't run around as much as Jane Daniels, but he has the ability to get out of harm's way.
Speaker 3: And that's what you need. You need a creative mind.
Speaker 2: You need somebody to come up with a scheme, O Joe that's gonna maximize what these guys do and uh and and look as great as Pete Carroll Libs. I don't know if now if Pete's gonna go out there and hire one of these hot shot offensive coordinators. Okay, but but you know, Pete want to play defense, and.
Speaker 3: And and and and and uh uh and I don't know. I mean, he did a great job with Russ. Let's not uh.
Speaker 2: Russ came along, got a Super Bowl. She probably should have got a second one, but they had an outstanding defense. Now, I don't know if the Bears have the personnel to be the legion of Boom. But when you got that kind of offensive firepower, you got a Keenan Allen, you got a DJ Moore, you got a Cold commit, you got a Roaman Dunes. Uh and you got a Caleb Williams. You've gotta be better on offense than what they've displayed this year. Odjoe, you just gotta be yeah, oh Joe. Russell Wilson is currently projected to sign a three year, one hundred and forty million dollar contract this sofseason. That's an average of about forty six million per year. Should the Steelers sign Russell william to excuse me, Russell Wilson to such a contract, I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think so obviously that there's been a skin as far for them the last three weeks offensively, but I think Arthur Smith and Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: With another year under their belt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but weeah with another year under their belt. I think it would be I think it would be good. I think Russell Wilson has a possible, has a possibility of being the quarterback of the future. And if they don't see fifth as far as giving him three for one for then you know, Justin Fields is always there as a backup plan if things don't go well, similar to that of Kirk Cousins that the Falcons. They sound, they sound Kirk Cousins the whatever, whatever the numbers may have been, and it didn't it didn't pan out the way they thought it would, and you make the switch. But Russell Wilson has shown that he's very capable of leading the team, being a leader of men, doing what he's always done. He's not the same Russell Wilson, the ball, not the same Russell Wilson, but he is adequate. He can protect the ball and he can make the plays necessary. And Arthur Smith, the way he calls the plays for Russell Wilson, it's perfect, it's perfect. You know. The running game. Najie Smith saved saved that team a little bit from an offer the standpoint because they don't just throw the ball over and over and over and they're not Yeah, yeah, they're not built like that. But I think I think it's a good thing. It's a good thing just to have some stability and security at the quarterback position because without that, it ain't happening. Despite with them looked like the past three weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the thing is that the turnover bug has on a bit. The Steelers. I mean, Russ didn't take care of the ball against the Broncos. Uh, he turned to had a bad interception in the end zone. Friar youth fumble the ball go ahead on the interception this this past weekend. Now that that's that's that's that's.
Speaker 3: That's the pigs fault.
Speaker 1: Yes, piggings fall. You got you got to get off that release. You can't stop on the route because you you have to put that safety in the mind and make it make a decision.
Speaker 3: So absolutely correct. But again but.
Speaker 1: Again the stats don't show that. They just say Russell.
Speaker 2: Wilson, I saw it from the jump. I saw it from the jump. Yeah, I saw t O tweeted it. Also about telling about you, how you how you stopped on the route. That's the last out, Yo. Everybody everything, every play, everybody has a responsibility and a lot of times in order for you to get maximum result out of that play, everybody has to do their responsibility. Now, occasally, sometimes guys don't do their responsibility and you can still get positive out of a play. But when it's when the when the negative is so egregious, when the negative is so egregious, he stops. Well, when he stops, the court and the safety all like, there is no threat outside. Why the hell would I split and get wide when there's no thread out there? My threat is streaming up the scene. M So let me go and just take this off your hand, Russ. I appreciate that. Now, bo Joe Pickens is gonna have to be stopped having to be so emotional on every play.
Speaker 3: Every play he doesn't get the ball, he's like, oh.
Speaker 2: My goodness, oh Lord, have mercy, geez, I mean he throw the ball up it, bro. I know, I know he's a phenomenal talent, O Joe. The the catches, the catches and the difficulty of the catches that he makes on a consistent basis. But if he were to channel a lot of that energy, O Joe I don't know. I don't think he realized just how good he can be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he don't.
Speaker 3: Think he does.
Speaker 2: I don't think he realizes, Ojo, he got special ability, Ocho.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does, he does.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 1: I wish the Steelers would realize that too. I wish I wish they would realize it too and maximize his potential, you know, put him in, put him in different positions to make some of those plays outside of just go ball here, go ball there. Yeah, you know, man, man move that mother, excuse me, my bad, my bad, move him around, let him touch it early. You know, he's a playmaker. I've seen him lance and go to the house and go seventy. You know, he can do some of the same things t Higgins and Jamar k Jamar Chase can do at six three sixty four. He's special, but they don't use him in that sense. So I kind of I kind of get not making excuses for him, not making an excuses for him. I'm just understanding how good he is and how how much of a difference he can make for that offense and making everyone else job around him easy despite him being emotional at times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think The thing is is that he can't get frustrated. Uh you know the interception, bro that was on you, and they're like, they go somewhere else with the ball. I mean, I'm sure they would love to come to you. But I mean they're doing a great job. They're taking the best received for their best dB and putting them on you. It's not like McGuff is a slouch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy made All Pro as a as a rookie last year for a reason. Yeah, probably gonna make the Pro Bowl again. Him, Sir Chain and Sauts Gardner are probably gonna get make the Pro Bowl. Now he might get left out, uh uh, and Jay Ram go. But it's gonna be interesting. But I think we know. I think Saut's Gardener and Sir Tanna's definitely making it. I mean, Sir Tam might be h one of the two best corners and I don't think he's two. So it's gonna be very interesting to see how the ALC cornerback position.
Speaker 3: I think that hold on, Oh that's that might be next week. Ochoe.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought they was gonna name the I thought they was gonna name the Pro Bowl stuff this week.
Speaker 1: But I guess Christmas at the last game of the season, ain't it.
Speaker 2: It's before the last because you know, o Joe, we used to do it like week fourteen. Yeah, so you know, week fourteen, you come out, you got, you got the fifteenth game, and then the next you got you know, you close out the season.
Speaker 3: So I thought they were gonna do it. I thought they were gonna do it Tuesday.
Speaker 2: But maybe because of the holidays and where it fell, So maybe you're right, Ojoe, maybe you're gonna do it before the last game of the season. But like, it's gonna be very interesting to see what the Steelers do and how they play this thing in the offseason. They do have justin Fields. Maybe they have another year on him. I don't know. I don't think they picked up that option, but they I think they kind of like have this right, I think, I think, I don't know. I don't but Russ had forty six millions that seemed to be kind of like to play here. But here's here's some quotes that came out of the locker room. There have been a couple of weird check this out on Joe.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt said, I love football, I love the process. And I know there's a lot of guys in the locker room that do. Also, Cam Hayward said this, When ten guys do their job and one guy doesn't, we're screwed. De Sean Elliott. First off, guys can't be effing wide open. That's the first thing. Just do your job. Patrick Queen can't explain it. It's happening. We keep talking about it, but nobody's doing anything about it.
Speaker 3: Is their drama in the Steelers' locker room.
Speaker 2: And how does the Steelers brush off this losing streak because they had a two game lead, yeah, over the Ravens, and now the Ravens Elite froged them. And if the Ravens beat Cleveland the final game of the season, they win the division and they're gonna get a home game, and the Steelers that are in the playoffs, they're gonna have to go on the road when they could have been in the catbirdy seat had they taken care of their business. What's going on in the Steelers' locker room?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you know, Mike, You know, Mike gonna nip that in the bug. You know, Mike gonna play that now. Now that very few times when you have players, especially on Mike Tomlin team, that come out and voice their frustration when things aren't going to the way they should. Mike can go talk to those players. I don't think there's any drama. Obviously, they're they're speaking from a defens standpoint, and obviously some of the things that they're saying. Everybody has to do their job. There are eleven players on the field. It's a team sport, but each individual has to do their own job. So they're speaking on other other players on what they should be doing. That shouldn't even be talked about at all at all, because when you when you turn on the film, it's gonna show the eye and the guy don't lie, correct, you know, don't it don't lie. So that's no need to talk about anybody else. Just make sure you do your job, and when everybody's on one accord, one band, one goddamn sound, the wins will come, you know, I think they. I think I wouldn't say the players are panicking because I think they just fuss, Yeah, frustrated because they've been they've been winning. They've been winning for so long. They're used to winning all the time, you know, and now all of a sudden thing you have a three two game skid, whatever it may be, losing now you're all up in arms. It's no need to panic. Just keep on chopping wooded panic.
Speaker 2: All all losing streaks are in the same is when the losing streak takes place at the end of the year, you're supposed to be going here, not going here. And right now you see where they're going. They were here and they're no diving. They're not going here. The Ravens were here and they're going here. The Steelers were here and they're going there. So we're going in two different directions. I think the thing is, go ahead, don't.
Speaker 1: Joe, for the sake, you don't fix that by complaining though, by complaining, especially in the media. Man, get your add back on the field. Practice wend Wednesday, Thursday, do your fast Friday, do you walk through Saturday, and then you go execute it out there on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Now we are they played Wednesday, Oh Jo, They're good. They got Thursday, Friday, Saturday off. See y'all Sunday, come in and get something done. Monday Tuesday, be ready to go. They probably got the rest of the week off.
Speaker 3: O Joe. Yeah, because remember they play.
Speaker 2: They played yesterday, so I'm certain they're not coming in. They're probably not coming in until they might not come in until Monday. Oh Joe, you think so. Yeah, they got Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not coming until Monday. They're not coming in until Monday.
Speaker 2: Give them some time off because think about how many games they played. They're one of them teams that played like the three games in eleven days.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you a body a chance.
Speaker 2: And the thing is that what people need to understand, like winners their symbol as a team, and they figure itsh out losers assembling in groups B, I, T, C, H moan complaint and then.
Speaker 3: Nothing gets solved. Right, So what are your winner? Are you losers? Right? It's really that simple. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know who they're talking about, but that's for that. I mean, Cam Heyward, t J.
Speaker 3: Watts.
Speaker 2: They're the fact though, leaders of that defense. Cam has been there a long time. He's been a very good player for this team for a very very long time.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt is one of the pre one of the two or three best defensive players in all of football. He's probably on the very short list to win Defensive Player of the Year again. He's had I mean, he's been quiet, but we know what TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt is. We know who he is.
Speaker 2: Like I said, he's on the very short list again to win Defensive Player of the Year. Miles Garrett is also on that list. There's a few other guys that's on that list, but he's he's gonna be in the mix when it's all said done.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt's gonna be in the mix. And so I agree with you about Russ. I think that seems to be the Gordon rate for one of these guys. That seems to be the year the years O Joe. I'm not gonna be heavily committed, and I'm not giving the two hundred million dollars and I'm not giving all this one ndred one hundred and twenty five thirty million dollars in guaranteed money. That seems to be a good going rate for Russ. I think he has, like you said, he's not what he once was. He can still get out of harm's way, but he doesn't have he doesn't possess the improvisational skills and the escape ability that he always did because a lot of what he did in Seattle. That offense was contingent on his impropositional skills. It was almost like, Okay, call the play, Russ. That play ain't gonna work. I already know it's not gonna work, but I called it anyway. But I need you to do what you normally do, and he would go out and get the a lot of arms way. But it's gonna be very interesting to see how they finish off the season, because BOYD, that would be ooh to lose your last four home the last four games, and then get kicked out in the first round. I don't think the Ruin is gonna be very happy with that, and they're gonna have to do some long soul searching to figure out what actually happened. Dan Campbell won't rest starters against the forty nine ers. If the Vikings beat the Packers, the game, the game against the forty nine ers will.
Speaker 3: Will not mean anything for the Lions.
Speaker 2: Hold On, No, if the Packers beat the forty nine ers, is that what you mean? Because both of hold on, I'm confused. Why would why would Dan Campbell start resting starters anyway in Week seventeen? I mean, you got another game to go. I can see if this five. First of all, I can see if you already had home field clinch like the Chiefs. The Chiefs are going to rest their guys, but can't nobody catch them. It would be a shame for Detroit to have home field basically for the entirety of the season and then lose it in the final week seventeen week eight team.
Speaker 3: So no, I get it, And it just so happens.
Speaker 2: He's playing in one of the best divisions in football in a very very long time. You got thirteen and whatce you got thirteen and two, thirteen and two, and you got eleven in four. That just lets you know just how powerful that division is. I mean that those three teams in division have like, what's that thirteen thirteen twenty six and eleven is thirty seven? They got thirty seven wins. When you start adding up Jacksonville and the Giants and the Raiders and some of these other teams, they don't got thirty. They don't got thirty thirty sex seven wins between like whatever.
Speaker 1: The eight teams. Yeah, mhm D then knows exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 3: It's a very fine line. Oho. Uh between Rest and Russ.
Speaker 2: Uh we made that mistake, oh Jo, We damn near had the division one year clinch. I think it was ninety six and we ended up losing the division around the Jacksonville, but we had to. We had the division, Clint damn there at Thanksgiving. So you know Mike is trying to juggle. You know, we playing and then guys playing until the third quarter for I mean head sometimes like a preseason game, uh TD, you know playing half Uh you know, I don't play the last game, TV, don't play the last game, John, don't play.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like and now you playing like that, Ojo, you get to buy so really you hadn't played in that played real football. Damn there in a month, and you know we got off to a great start. We got off to a nothing and you know I ended up dropping I dropped a two point conversion that would have made it fourteen nothing and we didn't really get our momentum.
Speaker 3: They go on sweat a streak. But they had a really good team, O Joe.
Speaker 2: They had you know, Brunell, they had Natron Means, they had Jimmy, they had.
Speaker 3: Keen on it. I think they had who the tight end. I forget. I don't forget who the tight end it was anyway, But.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the DV with Donovan Derris on that team? Then? Yeah, yeah, I remember, I remember DD Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but uh yeah, I agree with Dan. I mean, especially it's really too early. You haven't clinched. I don't know why the hell you would rest started when you haven't clenched anything. You you, righty be a wild card. It's true because Minnesota is in your division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they play, they playing really well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he said, I'll make it either for everybody. That way all christ can jump out and start attacking, but the way, But that way, you don't have to debate them anymore. We're bringing everything we got into this game and we're playing. I don't care what it looks like. Where where's ad or who who's that? We're out there to play to win this game out on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Do you like them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess what people are saying because they're so injury depleted. I'm playing the guy. If you're healthy, you're play it. I mean, I don't really know what the debate is though, Joe. If you're healthy, you're playing. If you can't go You're not going right.
Speaker 1: I mean, he knows what he's doing. Yeah, Dan Campbell's the one that has that franchise turned around. Nobody else, Yep, I don't get what anybody else in an outset of that building is talking about. He went in there and changing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cold and Brad Holmes did a great job of drafting. You drafted Jamison Williams, you drafted Jamiir Gibbs, you drafted.
Speaker 3: Arma Arman, Ron Saint Brown up a Nasu.
Speaker 2: I mean you and you get guys uh in free agency to come there.
Speaker 3: You do the right ay.
Speaker 2: You look at a Brian Branch, you look at Arnold, you look at the guys that they've drafted. They've done a great drop in the draft. It's sprinkling in some rook and some free agents. You know, they got a DJ Reader, they got some of these guys over there Oho that's played really well. You see what they did the trade deadline, they went and got Zee the Daria Smith. They've done a great job. He's changed the mindset. You make the trade for Jared Goff and you trade one of the one of the hometime you know a fan favorite who was the former number one overall.
Speaker 3: Also in Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 2: But they've done a great job Montgomery signing David Montgomery, but I like looking they trade TJ. Hawkinson. They're like, but hold on, teacher, you went to the Pro Bowl. They bring in Sam Laporter, who's more what Dan Campbell. Hawkinson's is mainly f of what we call a fly a tiger tight end. Not really good at the point of attack, but he can catch the football. Laporta. The one thing about he can say a lot of those guys out of an hour, they're gonna block you. Look at Kittle and put his head in dirt. Broy he gonna get after you. Yeah, they don't get after that. The thing about that, I don't know what they got going on in them corn fig jokers out there at our well man, them just gonna be playing man.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, Teddy b Teddy Too.
Speaker 2: Goes has come out of retirement and sign with the Lions today, weeks after he coached his high school album Monitor A state championship.
Speaker 3: Miami Northwestern.
Speaker 2: They beat I think they beat Rains in the three A champions Class three A championship, Florida. Bridgewater coached this album Madel you know, I can see him being.
Speaker 1: A cors right here down the street.
Speaker 3: So you like to move out, Joe, That's.
Speaker 1: A goddamn ltely. But listen, this is if you were to be able to tell a story, If Teddy Bridgewater was to be able to write a book, I think this would be the perfect story in it. This would be the perfect story in it. For one, not only be from Dade County, not only be from Liberty City. Not only to overcome all the obstacles Teddy had to go through. Right, play quarterback at Miami Northwestern, you know, play quarterback in college. I can't remember what. Teddy went Tosville. Go to Louisville too, right, boom, get drafted, go to Minnesota, just have a stellar NFL career, go back to get back to your alma mater, show those to show the kids, to get the kids home. Look, I was able to do it. Not only was I able to do it, I was able to get to the highest level of my childhood dream, the pinnacle of that, and come back to you and give you all the knowledge that you need to know as your head coach, take you to a state championship, and then have the opportunity to go back and play the games that I love and grew up trying to try to get to. Yeah, it don't get no better than that. We talk about blessings, man, that's that's the biggest blessing, the best opportunity ever. Man, I'm happy for Teddy. I mean, why they sign them, I'm not sure. A great locker room guy, A great locker room guy. I think having me in the locker room can be a good thing, especially for this playoff run. And I mean that there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Wrong with it.
Speaker 1: Not very not very many get this kind of opportunity though Teddy Special man o.
Speaker 2: Joe Nick Siyanni apologized to zach Ertz for the spot after the Commander's game. Video has emerged of zach Ertz he winning for a handshake with Eagle head coach Nick Sarahanni. Nick turned his head and said something to Ertz as he walked away. Erst what's furious about what Sarajanni said? And Big Dom had to get involved even though he apologized. Is this a bad look for Sara Janni? It is oh Joe, Oh Joe, that's the head coach.
Speaker 1: It ain't got to be your homeboy, man, listen.
Speaker 3: Let me let me finish, Let me finish.
Speaker 1: Listen. He's the head coach, right, Yes, he said, we don't know what happened with them personally before he left.
Speaker 3: Yes, we don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, there might have been some issues. I mean, zach Ertz probably knows that. You know there were issues. I mean, if you know, we not cool even if I am the head coach regards to my job titled and we know being like that, man, fuck all that, buddy buddy shit.
Speaker 3: You can't be that your head coach. You're you're the face of the organization.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. See you think it like me, and you think players. You the head coach, ojo you to see over a company. Now think about it. Now, we just saw him get into it with fans. Yeah, it's the bad nick. At some point in time, you're gonna have to be the bigger person in the room.
Speaker 3: You can't constantly get because I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling you, you know who's watching Harry Roseman, you know who else is watching Jeffrey Lowie. They're not gonna continue to let you keep embarrassing them in this situation because they believe with the talent they got, they can bring somebody else in and coach this football team. Now, I don't know how Look they got Dallas Goddter, they got I forget the guy. He's from Oklahoma and so they I think they traded him or no, they might they might have released Zach.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But you know he had some injuryes O Joe, he had a little injury.
Speaker 2: If that he'd been dealing with some congussions last year or so, I think if I'm not mistaken. But even though Ojo like even like me and you, Now that's different me and you a as a player players come to shake my head, I don't rock with you. That's what I got for you. That's what I got for Yo Joe. But as a head.
Speaker 1: Coach, right See, that's why it's hard to ask me that question. That's why it's hard to ask me that question because I don't I'm not thinking about the job title is being a head coach? Man, Listen, man, what you know? We don't now you know I don't even rock with you. Why coming to shake my hand for fuck nigga?
Speaker 2: I mean that's how we talk, that's how we talk. We're not in the provision, we're not in the provision.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm like, come on, man, And you know what else I don't like what the fact that Nick Sirianni is a head coach. Now you have to fake how you truly feel and how you would normally operate because of that said job title. I don't listen, zach ers, I don't like you.
Speaker 5: Why are you coming to shake my hand? But as a head coach, how many times you think you lying on Joe? Let me your question? As a head coach? How many times you thank you a lot of players? You a lot of players? Son, you're doing good?
Speaker 3: No good? Will he being terrible? Bingo?
Speaker 1: You see what I mean? That's what we need today and today.
Speaker 3: Not in that position, not too much.
Speaker 1: As a head coach. I don't even know how you got here. I don't even know how you made.
Speaker 3: Loan, you coach Loan. You're just not see.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I can't coach. I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm gonna be whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: Woa hold on how you say you're not gonna coach?
Speaker 2: And you just got the way this year that you will criticized players, But all of a sudden, you the head coach and you with the players, and you gonna be like this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's different. It's different. See listen, hold on, state, stay with me.
Speaker 3: Now, I with you, I with you.
Speaker 1: I can emphathize with the players when things are going well because that was once me. I'm not that far removed the game, even though it's been some years. So I've been too.
Speaker 3: Bro, you fifteen years removed.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I can still play thrown do that to me, don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can still play, but you've still been removed.
Speaker 1: Okay, But listen, I can see it from both, from both sides of the spectrum because I know what it's like as a receiver. I know it's like to mess up. I know it's like the loaf. I know it's like the missus block. I know it's like to drop a ball. I know it's like touch down. I know what it's like to have a get to lose a game on the hands of my bad play. Okay, then I always keep that in the back of my mind when talking and being critical of players. But now I ain't got better. Now I don't even ken them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should ojo when you loaf or you drop a ball and somebody poured it out, How you gonna say they hate me? See, guys get mad at now because you pouring out? Bro, you was loafing. Are you only ian?
Speaker 3: You a hater? Well, all I said was you was loafing?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Why you like? You make it seem like I made this up.
Speaker 2: I can pull the tape out and just say, okay, tell me what you're thinking on this. You dropped the ball, you missed the blog, you missed the tackle.
Speaker 3: So how if I say that.
Speaker 2: If I'm if I'm analyzing a game and I say, hey, we need to get better play out of X. We need to get a better play out of why, how if I'm stating the obvious?
Speaker 3: Is that hating you mad?
Speaker 2: Because the point that the fact that I pointed it out, Dion told me something, Prime told me something uh early on when I first got it, especially because like he and I went to we you know, I think time might be to sixty six, I might be to sixty seven. I wonder what I think. I think he's before me. But anyway, and he was saying, he was like Sean, he said, you have to understand you're not just anybody critiquing them.
Speaker 3: You got that gold jacket. Yeah, you got credentials. Your words carry more weight, I said.
Speaker 2: But time, it's like they said they didn't want people that didn't play the game critiquing them.
Speaker 3: Oh, cho, you and I played the game. Yeah, I ain't making this up.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is that you did this and it didn't work out. You probably should have did that, or you missed the block, you missed the catch.
Speaker 3: Now I'm a hater. Now I'm jealous. I'm like, Bro, how of what.
Speaker 4: I was like?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all noticed.
Speaker 2: I know I've been away from the game twenty plus years, but Google, Google still work, Google Share in the shark, and then when they tell me about stats, pull it up and they might show you that picture with that gold jacket. I remember number two sixty seven. So ain't no jealousy, Bro. I got Super Bowls, I got Pro Bowl and got all that. God all I'm trying to do. I gotta be honest, and a lot of times, you know, and I try to what I try to do, O Joe, I don't try to get too far in the weeds and say certain coverages. And this because I find myself O Jo talking you and I talking. We talk a language that you and I understand. The casual friend is not gonna understand what a bear defense is, what a stretch is, or what cover six, cover six kick cover five.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Understand that overfront or underfront a seven, technique of nine or why nine.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna understand that.
Speaker 2: So I try to do I try not to get too far into the weeds when I'm talking football terminology.
Speaker 3: But guys know.
Speaker 2: That play, that's playing the game, and they know when I talk, they know what I'm talking about. They just try to discredit me and use the word hate. They never say I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. They just say I hate out my hater, And so the casual fan like and they use that term so much people starting to believe it. Bro, I ain't got no hate. I want you to get all your money. I do. But when you analyze something, oh Joe, you gotta be honest about what you saw, because you and I we know what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: And listen, now, only we know we're looking for, We know what she looked like. We know you like yeah, yeah, but hey, listen, I do it got better, I'll be Hey, I be critiquing my ass.
Speaker 3: You do you do?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm waiting on the month for gonna mess up. Now get And it's not about what you say to now I don't realize. It's not about what you're saying, it's how you're saying. Yes, it's all in the delivery, you know, saying that you know I don't. I don't say it with conviction. Yes, I say what the problem was. As soon as I finished the problem on saying problem, whatever it is, I saw, I always have a solution right to fall up with it. I always have a solution to fall up with it every time.
Speaker 3: But uh, I just it just like coach.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's okay, I understand you and feeling tough, but as a player goes out of your way, youtub, this is a bad look for you if it's another player. I don't rock with you, Joe. I ain't got no problem. I don't rock with you, bro. You know, I don't get down like that. But in certain situations, you have to be the bigger person in that situation.
Speaker 3: He does, look and.
Speaker 2: So you know, look, oh Joe, you know a lot of coaches don't get along.
Speaker 3: Hold up.
Speaker 2: Who was that with suk somebody was shaking hands and they shook the hand too long or too hard?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Who was that?
Speaker 2: I forgot shows that somebody got into coaches and he shook his head and he's like, you shook his head?
Speaker 3: Are you serious? I forget. I forget well that that might have been. I forget who it was. I really do. Maybe it was Maybe it was Hardbobed.
Speaker 2: Maybe with Jim Harp it wasn't because it wasn't John John John done got that soud I want to sell coach Harbor Jim Harbaugh, but I'm not really sure. But uh, like there have been time like oh Joe, every coach don't like each other. Yeah, but they put on a brave face. Hey yeah, okay, best of luck, and I hope you trip and follow your last face and.
Speaker 3: Keep it keep it moving. That's what I think it. But I'm saying, oh yeah, best of luck.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh yeah, cool cool cool boom boom nah bro. You know we don't rock like that, but I'm gonna put on a brave face for you. Jamar Chase on whether the last two games you're determine all pro his all pro status, I should already be an All Pro bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk yo, talk stop.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be a unanimous He's gonna be a unanimous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you all pro uimous I can spell unanimous too. You n a m I unanimous.
Speaker 2: I can't remember a guy that won the triple count that wasn't an yananimous MVP because because the All Pro is a combination of a f C and NFC. Uh that was it was Jim Thwarts. Oh, Jim Thwarts with with the Lions. H I was it was Jim Forwartson Harball. Wasn't Jim Jim?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it was Jim Thwartz and John and Jim Harbaugh when he forty nine of the forty nine has played h uh uh the for the forty nine have played the Lions. If I'm not mistaken, as he's trying to find it right now, Jamar Chase one hundred and eight catch it uh ceedee Lamb is out for the rest of the season. So the city he has a shoulder, they can't make the playoffs. Go get the shoulder fix. That's got the half start?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Amin Ross Saint Brown is one hundred and one catches.
Speaker 2: He's seven catches behind Rock Bowers having one hundred and one catches, he's seven catches behind nobody. They're not gonna catch him for touchdowns and they're not gonna catch him for yards. He has fifteen to ten. The next closest to him is Jeff Yes one. He's won twenty three behind, one hundred and twenty three yards behind. So theoretically, if jj we know he's capable of Gordon Haywire, but I don't think so. So I think he's gonna win the Triple Crown. And even if he doesn't win the Triple Crown, he should be a unanimous All Pro selection considering the numbers that he's put up this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely, most definitely now is unanimous. He gonna give He gonna have a unanimous goddamn contract in all season. And I don't want the Bengals to sit here and waiting around to goddamn right for training camp. Listen, we don't need it. We don't need a Delly Dally no more. We don't need a Dellydally no more. Let's get young bullpaid. So so he's happy, he's in a good space mentally, you hear me. So he's there for the Auson training program. He's there for but mini camp, he's there for all the training camp because he miss Listen, stay with me. Now, he'd have missed all the training camp, right yeah, and came out and had a season like this. So I'm saying, now you get him in camp, now, imagine that he might have twenty five hundred next year. Come on, now, talk to me.
Speaker 3: We told her.
Speaker 1: Listen, we talked about the greatest bangle receiver of all time. Now we ain't just talk about any.
Speaker 2: Oh yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. He's what he's earned. I ain't say he deserved. I think he would have earned the contract that he's gonna receive. Now, you could have paid him, but you didn't. You let the price. You let the price of goal, you let the price of gas, You let the price of oil get high.
Speaker 3: So now you're at the mark mercy of it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, matter of fact. Let me tell you what Let me tell Let me tell you what the prostitute told me back in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Would she tell.
Speaker 1: You yesterday's price in today's price?
Speaker 3: Who had got this going up?
Speaker 1: It went up because you caught me after she caught me, right, Yeah, had I had five dollars on the right. Ye, and I paid you two days later. She knew how I got paid, So you know what she hit me with yesterday price?
Speaker 2: You could have got him a five, but I know you got money and go cost your team, and plus I don't cleaned up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Actually, you're gonna cost him twenty back then, back then? Yeah you know, yeah, a look cool to cost you for twenty dollars, that's it. Yeah, you gotta think this nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that a little something. They damn me. You know, they put it out like that. They need they little hit, a little fixed and keep it moving. Yeah, yeah, yesterday ain't today's. But uh but I tell you what, Bake Bridgo, would you have.
Speaker 1: Listen, hey, listen, they could have. They could have They could have got it for a little cheap.
Speaker 2: And yeah, because because the problem that they had, they had to they had. He had two years left. So now you pay it and say, look at Jamar, we're gonna give you money. But theoretically we really, oh yo, theoretically we got you for four more years. We got the two years still on your left contract, and we still got two years of franchise tag but we're gonna take care of you now. We need you to a take care of us a little bit. Now we can't give you because you got two years. Now, now give me my money, all of it. I want all, I said, give me everything. I want everything. Hey, what that dude told and what was the sugar rate? Sugar rate with Richard Price contract?
Speaker 1: Quick?
Speaker 3: Quick was the little kid when the old man, when he.
Speaker 2: Crapped out, he told him say, I want everything you took in to night and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I want. I ain't want. I don't want what I just lost. I want everything that you took the other So.
Speaker 2: Chase and gonna say, I don't just want what I got what I glove last year.
Speaker 3: I want back faith.
Speaker 2: You put me out of here, uh huh okay, made me take out this big ass insurance policy. And now I want the money that I paid for the insurance policy. I want all the money that you made. Cause y'all about to get a raise for the TV revenue. Oh yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: Need that, we know. And the funny thing about it is a chat. I want to make sure y'all can hear me chat? Can y'all see me? Chack? Can y'all see me. Let me, let me school a little closer real quick. I want to look at I want I want you to look what Jamar Chase has done. So he's coming to the NFL, right, and he said he was gonna do it after the draft, he said he won't come, and he gonna break every goddamn motherfucking record. Not only has he stood on business on that saying, but also as his nutritionist. Yes, he confides me when it comes to his nutrition and what he puts and consumes into his body to perform at the level that he's performing at the past three to four years. I'm not even sure how long it's been, but he's playing.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: You know what, Jamar Chase east what eat e McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe McDonald's is the staple of his diet.
Speaker 3: And you could eat a lot of things in moderation.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. Yes, I'm Jamar Che's dietician. I'm his nutritionist, I said him. But I sent him a six months plan on what to do and how to do it and how to eat it in moderation. Yes, you said in moderation. Now, he only he only paid me for each month I charged two dollars. Yeah, football season, six months, you know, so it's twelve hundred. We have the door, right, so you know that price gonna go up now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he don't.
Speaker 2: God, you twelve hundreds, so we'll add another eighteen hundred and shoot me my three. Now I know you got it. See, I thought you were. I thought you was hurting a little bit. Now that I know you got it. Oh nah, no, oh that.
Speaker 1: Ship hurting hurt on only thing hurting, only thing hurting in my heart. And not to sold that back together. Oh whatever, that was a good lie. I got to write that down. The only thing hurting is my heart. Now to sold that back together?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know you know you know, you know you better now I mean, hey, chack, there was a track right there.
Speaker 3: Boy, I thought we lost it. Now I'm good. I was good. Lot it.
Speaker 1: No, I was good. I'm good if I listen. If it's something wrong with me, this is the place where I'm safe. And me being someone who don't give a fuck about about what people say about me, I have no problem being vulnerable, especially on this platform.
Speaker 3: I came.
Speaker 2: Put my aunt robber Boy and say, hey, what's the matter, old Joe. Yeah, life's abated, yes sir. You here one day, gone the next, Yes, sir. But you know, hey, you pulled through. Pull through, that's all every time. Hey, listen, you know how you start a lawn war, right, m You gotta keep.
Speaker 1: Yanking that bits to the start up. Yeah, that's hows how.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta get.
Speaker 1: Some day to take a little longer to get going.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta beg a little longer. Sometimes you gotta beg a little louder. Sometime sometimes you gotta beg a little harder.
Speaker 1: Hey, huh, come on now, but then you then you then you gotta be careful now. Yeah, yeah, I'm very conscious because I'm seasoned. Yeah, yeah, huh, I'm seasoned. I got a little salt and pep on me. I got experience in the game. So what happens to you? I gotta stay woke. I gotta stay I ain't no fool one thing better. Sometime when you beg right, really not who they want to be with. So when you beg your way back in there, sometimes they'll play the long game. Year me. I'm not talking about my situation. I'm just talking about in general for anybody else out there that might be having problems and they begging the individ to come back. Sometimes they'll come back to you right simply because who they really won't ain't really ready, so they're like, well, fuck it, I'm gonna come back and go to him until the person you're ready. They like to play the long game, so you got to be careful.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do chat, y'all.
Speaker 1: Stay with me now. Yeah, I got fifty I have fifty three years of horizontal experience and fifty six years of dating experience. So I'm not telling you what I heard. I'm telling you what I know because I haven't been through it. M I'm feeling good night. I don't know what the fuck. I don't know what I ate. I'm feeling good night.
Speaker 2: I know you ate, but I ain't gonna say start with a beat, and I ain't talking about no burger.
Speaker 3: I ain't said nothing at Joe.
Speaker 2: Because the Chiefs will have the bye week wild card weekend, the Cheese could have as many as twenty five days off before they've been begin their playoff push towards a three p Because think about it, they played Wednesday, They're probably not having to come to work and they're one of those teams and it gave them I'm considering o yoke. Now they got home field sold up, so the last game of the season don't mean anything to them.
Speaker 3: So now.
Speaker 2: They got our Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Mahomes will probably throw a little something. He'll probably run scout team Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 1: WHOA, you're not nervous about that though, all having all that time off and your team just the last two weeks, your team just looking like the Kansas City Chiefs we used to seeing. You ain't look like the Kansas Kansas City Chiefs of old throughout the entirey of the season. You have little luck. You had a little left throughout the season. Listen, I'm not saying nothing bad about the Chiefs. You know they are the Kansas City Chiefs. As long as you have Patrick Mahomes, you.
Speaker 3: Have a guy chance you never got a chest.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying as a team as a whole, even if you are a Chiefs fan and you in the chest, you know your team has not looked up the par throughout the tidies of the season. Last week was the best I've seen the Chiefs look all goddamn season all season long, especially from an office the standpoint, But having that much time off, do you think that's a good thing when they're just getting in rhythm and just starting to look like themselves or what we used to seeing at least.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, Oh, Joe, you can't run the risk. You know, you a Mahomes injured way from it all be over. It don't matter you get that guy nicked, it's over. You can't play well enough on either side of the ball to overcome the loss of him. He's the one guy that you can't overcome. No team can as great as as greate, as Derrick Hendrich is running the football, Josh Johnson ain't winning no game at quarterback, right, It ain't happening, Josh Nick. I don't know who the backup is. You ain't winning no games nobody. I don't believe there's a team currently constructed that if the starter gives nicked, they could overcome back.
Speaker 1: No. No, because listen, we just saw. We just saw with the Eagles. Yeah, we just saw with the Eagles against the Commanders. A lot of people will say Oh, the Commanders win that game. Actually, no, the Commanders did not win that game. It was a Christmas gift from the guy. Damn Eagles. If you look at the way they played, especially defensively, we ain't seen the Eagles defense play like that all season long. We haven't seen DeMarte Smith to drop a ball like that that could have sealed the game all season a long. Yeah, they gave that game away. Two deep passes eleven. You know what the percentage is for making it a first down on fourth and eleven, let alone and not be in a pass, let alone, not to be in a run. But the quarterbacks scrambling on fourth and eleven. Yeah, the Eagles gain them boys that game. And I don't mean no disrespect. It's a good thing. James Daniels just happened. A hell of a goddamn season. I'm just saying, the game in Pacific should have been over. On that ball to Vontae Smith draw, it'snven over. The game is over right there.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, Oh, Trubisky is the backup, and Trubisky is the backup in Buffalo. Hell, he couldn't He couldn't win when he was the starter. Damn sure, he went into the backup Carson Wentz. Carson Wentz is the backup. And in Kansas City, justin Fields, Josh Johnson, I don't even know who the backup is in uh. In Houston, y'all helped me out. Who's the backup of Houston. And that's the thing. Look, it's hard because the rosters, because you're not able to keep quality people at the quarter Oh Joe, you can statu your web quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Think about it. Think about how long Steve Young sat as a backup to Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ain't keeping those Steve Young no backup. No, I mean think about it. You couldn't even keep Jimmy Jims a back up to Tom Brady. Right, the roster spots, I mean, at some point in time, O Joe, NFL is getting away with it. You can't keep expanding games, but don't expand the roster. You see what they do with O Joe. They don't add another game, they don't added another game. So they're about to go to eighteen games. But you're not gonna expand the roster. You can't give us three other players. So instead of going to forty six and go to forty nine.
Speaker 3: Fifty m.
Speaker 2: Come on now, come on, uh oh, Davis Mills is the quarterback in Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah backup, yeah m.
Speaker 2: Hmm, if if CJ hadn't played that well, but I promise you this. If CJ goes out General mills Olen meals it doesn't matter and going home first round, I don't care. How do you name another meals, It does not matter, You're going home.
Speaker 5: The volume