Speaker 1: Do it, look at us doing it at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's like a race to see who can do that for right.
Speaker 1: That was that was a beautiful cacophony of sound.
Speaker 3: Ooh, good use of the that's a twenty five cent word, twenty five.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say twenty five dollar word. I feel like with inflation. I feel like with inflation, we're out or to twenty five dollar words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, oh, thank you. Back when I learned it, it was twenty five cents.
Speaker 1: No, God, Andrea, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good. We're It's homecoming weekend. We're right in the thick of it. My daughter, Felicity has She's narrowed it down to three dresses, and I'm like, you only need one, but she does she wants options, and so she still hasn't picked one. I got refused to go to the mall anymore. I'm like, you have, you have plenty of great choices.
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But I know, you know, it's just.
Speaker 1: There's there is. There are a few things that go worse than a mom and her teenage daughter going shopping for some sort of formal dress. I feel like that really rarely does it. Do you ever leave the mall and go? That was such a lovely time. Oh and I'm so glad we did that.
Speaker 3: Never I mean, and this is a different world, Like I sound so ancient, but like now they call it hoko not right right?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 3: And then like philis like can we get a limo? Can we do?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, why you don't need You're a sophomore and it's home.
Speaker 3: You don't need a limit.
Speaker 1: Oh see, ours is not quite all that fancy.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that fancy. I think you saved the limo for prom, like junior or senior year. That's how we did. I didn't have a limo till my senior my senior prom. But now they I don't know. I didn't. I'm not ordering a limo. Okay, I'm gonna dry.
Speaker 1: I'm not right basically right at the end of the day, no one's getting a limo, right, I mean, we know what happens in limos. You know, Terry, you can get shot at let her go to Ed to Bevic's you know, right, yeah, Ed never know. Yeah, It's just that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No restaurants, Jody Sweeten, you are a cautionary tale.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, I've been told that before. Yeah it was, uh, it's been it's been a little bit of a hectic week.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's right. You're you're back in town briefly.
Speaker 1: Back in town. Yeah, back in town briefly, and and kids are being kids, and it's I just you know, I really wish that life was like a full house episode and that and that within twenty four minutes, the kids are like, you know, I was wrong and everything's better, and you're like laughing again and it's great, and then you go out on a song. I really wish it was like that.
Speaker 3: But that's why this show is so popular. I wish we lived in this world. We all wish because real life is nothing like that. Like I'm not I've been holding grudges for years, like they're not resolved in twenty four.
Speaker 1: Twenty four years later, you're like, yeah, I'm ready to let it go now exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, this one.
Speaker 1: Threw me off though, because we went a little It was like a weird time jump and we're gonna get.
Speaker 2: To that, but it's like time traveling happening.
Speaker 1: So I little did we know that Danny Tanner is also doctor who, So yeah, it's that's what it is.
Speaker 3: He's doctor the full House House.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know much about Doctor Who. I only know this secondhand through my best friend Celia, who is a huge Doctor Who fan. Okay, but I believe the Tartis, which is the little phone box that they use, like the English looking phone box they go in and that's like how like like a time travel portal I'm gonna go with. The full House House is similar to a Tartis in that when you step through it, it's like or Narnia.
Speaker 3: Really, you step through.
Speaker 1: And it exists in a space in which it absolutely could not and it changed, changes shape, and it's huge and all of that. And I think that's I didn't know that there was such a like sort of sci fi fantasy of Full House crossover. But I feel like I need to see the Narnia, the line the Witch and the war right the line of the Witch, the wardrobe.
Speaker 3: And the house and yeah, exactly, I think you've hit the alcove. The alcove is actually the portal. That's the portal that's like, yeah, that's where you go and everything is is it.
Speaker 2: It's not real life.
Speaker 1: It's not real life.
Speaker 3: Now, it's like the Truman Show.
Speaker 1: But no, see how many references we can make. It's like this. No, it's more like this.
Speaker 3: No, it's just like full House. It's just it's just full house. Yep, yep. Well, let's get into this week's episode.
Speaker 1: To do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: That was We're way over excited. Why was I that excited?
Speaker 1: I was so who was that.
Speaker 3: Person that just came and inhabited my body for five as.
Speaker 1: You figured out the key?
Speaker 3: So that's what we love about. Take a deep breath, Sweeten, here we go. Today we are oh wait, welcome back to how Rude Tannerto's. If you're still listening. I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Sweeten, and today we are discussing season one, episode twelve, entitled Our Very First Promo. It first aired on December seventeenth, nineteen eighty seven, and it goes a little something like this. Members of the Tanner family are thrilled when they are chosen to appear in a local promotion at Danny's TV station, but their enthusiasm subsides when they discover show business is not as glamorous as they had thought.
Speaker 1: It's really funny watching this episode and also the next one, like it's it's a very sort of meta like self referential thing talking about like the business. Oh right, you know what I mean? Like there's this yeah, this episode we're talking about like you know, how to look like the perfect TV family while we're looking like the perfect.
Speaker 3: TV very right, you're right, Yeah, I didn't think about that. But yeah, this is very it's very meta.
Speaker 2: And very confusing.
Speaker 1: And by meta, we don't but but also clarify to everyone under like thirty years old, we don't mean the Facebook app. No, we're not. We're not referring to that.
Speaker 3: They're like, what is.
Speaker 1: Why are they talking about Facebook?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: What didn't exist in the eighties.
Speaker 3: That's just this is how we roll. But yeah, big words today, guys, big words. They were lots of twenty five dollars words here today. Feel free to add in your own. Yeah, but yes, this episode is very meta. It was directed by Rich Correll love him so much. It was written by Jeff Franklin, Lenny Rips, and Arthur Silver and it was guest starring me.
Speaker 1: I know literally when the first scene came out and it was your face, I have to laugh. I'm not even kidding. I started clapping. Sitting here by myself in the office, I'm like and then I was like, oh my god, calm down, there's no one here. You're not in the audience.
Speaker 2: It is a jump scare.
Speaker 3: It is a jump scare when I start the episode, and I was like, right, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, yeah, it was your big It was so relieved.
Speaker 3: I was starting to fear that maybe I had just imagined all of this, like all eight years, because at this point Jana Sweeten has gotten more airtime than me. So I'm happy to be back, happy to be opening the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, in your yellow, fabulous, oh oh fit, You're just a low ray of sunshine.
Speaker 3: I think I wrote that down, that exact sentence in my outs as well, But.
Speaker 1: I just wrote down that yellow outfit though.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, the Kimmy Gibler fashion has already begun.
Speaker 1: Oh yes.
Speaker 2: But I'm not the only guest star this week.
Speaker 3: It is also guest starring Bilita Moreno as Ronnie Gardner, the TV Lady. And she's been in a ton of things gross point blank, the George Lopez Show, DIARYVA, Wimpy Kid, Clear and Present, Danger, and Perfect Strangers.
Speaker 1: Wow. I remember her on Perfect strangers.
Speaker 3: You do I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, or maybe I'm very good? Yeah? No, she was great, although I did when I was like Blita Moreno, Is that is that Rita Moreno's like younger sister? No relation? No, we would Alita and Rita would be awesome.
Speaker 3: If I if I have twins. Sorry this poor woman. We're sorry, Bllita, we apologize now.
Speaker 1: Applebaum, No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Uh. And the last guest star for this week is Courtney and Jang as Amanda.
Speaker 2: And I don't think she has any.
Speaker 3: Of the credits because she's she was very young when she appeared on this show. Uh.
Speaker 2: So we open in the garage?
Speaker 3: What? Why? Why are we back in the garage?
Speaker 1: I yelled that out loud. I was like what.
Speaker 3: Wait what I had to like Rewind, I'm like, wait, am I on? Am I on the wrong episode?
Speaker 1: I thought I lost it. Now I have a question though, is this was this how it was released? Uh? You know we have their dates or did they did? Or well?
Speaker 3: The air dates are in consecutive order, right, so they don't want the recording dates.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I've recording dates we don't know And you know what else what now that I think about it, So this was episode twelve right right, And didn't we do thirteen episodes at first? Or we did ten and then got picked up for another thirteen or something. So I wonder if this was in the like we'd already shot some things and maybe this was in the weird transition when we got picked up, but we had to air something that we'd already shot. But then we went and we'd already transformed Joey's room, you know what I mean. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like I don't I don't have an answer for this. I can only guess, but you know.
Speaker 1: Part of to make uneducated guesses.
Speaker 3: Part of the storyline is that Joey has to move out of the alcove.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing is this feels like an episode that comes.
Speaker 2: Before, before, before, like.
Speaker 1: The Joey thing, and that it that it kind of starts setting up what happens in the next episode where Joey's like often, you know what I mean, Like it's a little bit more of the like, yeah, we don't need you.
Speaker 3: Right, So I think I think they just aired them out of order, or they aired this one.
Speaker 2: They aired them in a different order than you.
Speaker 3: Guys recorded them, Yeah, which is not uncommon, It's not unheard of.
Speaker 1: No, but I think I think because of that, I think that was one of those like big continuity, like, oh oh.
Speaker 3: This is a big one, this is a big continent, because.
Speaker 1: It literally doesn't it wasn't the last episode Joey's or now two episodes ago?
Speaker 3: Two episodes ago? Yeah, I think it was two episodes ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so recent. It's very recent and jarring anyway, very it was.
Speaker 2: Very garring, like it took me out of Who's high?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, between that and then suddenly I appear. I was just like, what has happened?
Speaker 1: We have gone? Yeah, we have gone? Yeah. I thought maybe we were in the Gibbler's basement.
Speaker 3: You never know. So DJ and Kimmy walked downstairs, and DJ asks if Kimmy wants to stay for dinner? Kimmy, who is placing her trapper keeper in the basket of her bicycle?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or the wind?
Speaker 3: I already have so many questions about this. Why do I need a bike? I live next door? Can't I just walk? And I isn't isn't the fence like in the backyard? I have no idea why we're in the garage or why I need a bike, Like it's it's what four feet away, I'm also four feet tall, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it was I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was that maybe you were going somewhere else to find another family, trying to.
Speaker 1: Find another family to leach off of. Maybe you were going, I don't know, somewhere that had a better dinner coming. I don't know. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Kimmy Gibler's up to.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I know that she is dressed in all yellow.
Speaker 3: Oh, I am a vision. I am a vision in yellow. Not a nice vision, but I am a vision of head to toe in yellow.
Speaker 1: With including yellow pants. And it was the it was like a like almost a hand knit sweater.
Speaker 3: It looked like, Yeah, it did look very ugly and hand knit. And that hue of yellow combined with whatever color my hair was that week. Yeah, you know they had to dye a yellow color. Well it was it was more reddish, Okay. In the first episode I was in, it was darker. Back in the back to School episode, they died at darker, but this episode, it looks like they died at redder.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what they're still figuring out.
Speaker 3: Kimmy, what conversations were like, yeah, yeah, is she going to be a redhead? Is she going to be a brunette? We don't know, as long as she's not a blonde tanner.
Speaker 1: Right, I think we were trying to differentiate you from the three blonde tanners, right right.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I'm curious to see when I appear again, of what color my hair.
Speaker 1: Maybe you were going to get your hair done, maybe you were going to get your hair dyed, and you were like, let me take my trapper keeper and my bicycle with me to the hair salon.
Speaker 3: Kimmy Giveler is so resourceful.
Speaker 1: She really is.
Speaker 3: She really is. Okay, so Kimmy says, maybe I'll stay for dinner.
Speaker 2: She said, but what are you having?
Speaker 3: And DJ responds that Joey is cooking something in an earth tone, which that's all my kids eat, are things, and like, well bland, earth tones, beige.
Speaker 1: Bige, very beige.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but hey, at least he's cooking, so you, Kimmy, should be a little more grateful. So Kimmy says, pass, but if my dog Sinbad is hungry, I'll send him over. I think this is the one and only reference to Sinbad.
Speaker 1: Well he was. It didn't end well for Sinbad with the Ostrich. I'm just saying, I don't know if you've ever seen an ostrich, a full sized ostriche and a dog interact. It's not great.
Speaker 2: So no, the Ostrich won.
Speaker 1: Yeah's a dinosaur, of course, is gonna win for Sinbad never had a chance.
Speaker 3: I'm so curious what type of dog Sindbad was. But anyways, Stephanie appears on the stairs and says, don't do that. I love Sinbad. Hey, Sinbad is very popular in the Tanner hoouse. Apparently, yeah. Uh so. DJ is annoyed that Stephanie keeps following them around. Why do you keep following us, she asks. Stephanie responds, because you keep leaving me. DJ promises that she will have a sisterly chat with Stephanie just as soon as Kimmy leaves. As Stephanie starts to exit, we hear a noise that resembles an animal wailing. Stephanie runs back into the room, claiming that she heard a monster.
Speaker 2: DJ tells her there's.
Speaker 3: Nothing to worry about, and Kimmy responds although you do look like that kid in Poltergeist who got sucked up in the TV and said they're back. The way you delivered that line, by the way, was it was like so terrifying noxious next door neighbor.
Speaker 1: It was great. You were like, and then you're gonna it was like the kids, that's like, and then you're gonna get chopped a pieces. And then it was so hilarious.
Speaker 3: Oh and I was just like, I was just selling it. I was I terrified myself. Fun fact, I auditioned for Poultergeist. That's how am. I auditioned for the little girl in Poltergeist back in nineteen eighty two. I was six years old. Oh my gosh, and my older brother justin auditioned for the role of the boy. The older brother whoa And when he went into the audition room, he screamed so loud that everyone in the waiting room stopped, including like the secretaries. They were like, everybody like put down their their mouth, their computers or whatever, and they were just like, what the heck is going on? And Justin comes popping out of the room. He's just like, how did I do?
Speaker 1: The mom? He had terrified everywhere. I mean that's the way I of a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Though I can't believe he or I weren't cast immediately after that.
Speaker 1: I didn't. First of all, I didn't know that justin ever auditioned for stuff amazing.
Speaker 3: My brothers were child actors for like at least a month. Like they they tried it out. They tried it, and they were like, nope, I forget about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, I didn't know that. Well. I mean, lucky for you, because didn't everyone that worked on that movie like wind up dying in some weird, tragic sort of way.
Speaker 3: So I think that movie was cursed in more than one way.
Speaker 1: See, you went from cursed movie to you know, the power of full House, which is as made us never age and uh and still be here seven hundred years later.
Speaker 3: This explains a lot about my background. My therapist will have a field day with this information.
Speaker 1: Caroline, Caroline, sorry, so yes, I love this.
Speaker 3: I love this bit not just because of my terrifying delivery, but because this is like our first Kimmy Stephanie interaction, like the teasing of each other, throwing some shade at each other. It's the beginning of our frenemy.
Speaker 1: Shit it's it's the origin of the frenemy.
Speaker 2: This is our story right there.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, a lot of origin stories here in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. So he cut to the kitchen where Joey is cooking dinner and he's pretending to be a hibachi chef for Michelle, who's watching and laughing.
Speaker 2: Joey does the voices.
Speaker 3: And pretends that the pepper mills or hibachi knives, and Jesse enters the kitchen in his exterminator jumpsuit and exchanges some out of that terrible joke that I'm like, yeah, let's just let's move on. Yeah. So they exchanged some pleasantries, and Joey mentions that someone named Brianna called for Jesse another a name, Brionna.
Speaker 1: I'm telling her I want to live into it feels like that, like the psychology of whoever is picking the names. I want to I want to know, like what is it about like girls with the n an a or like an a at the end of the name. Is it that they're diminutive? Is it that they're like, I don't know, it's a I'd love to deep dive into that, but not right now, but.
Speaker 3: I would too. We're gonna have to ask Jeff Franklin sometime, or maybe it's.
Speaker 1: Jeff, what were you thinking when you named these women?
Speaker 3: I don't well, I mean maybe it's like the Spanish language, how like the feminine forms of words end with A.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying with A like men sort of go like there.
Speaker 3: So maybe the men who are writing this show is like, well, slap an a on the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's also very eighties. That sounds that I write.
Speaker 3: So Jesse explains that he terminated some of Brianna's termites, and Brionna wanted to thank him, so they came up with some ideas.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that you can't uh pay for exterminators with relations with relations with the Yeah, I feel like that's.
Speaker 2: That's not an even trade.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, well, well, depends on how bad the invastation is, you know what I mean. Really, look if maybe she her termites were terrible and she's like, I will do any thing right, and you know, I mean, hey, just a guy with a giant cockroach on his back, that's you know, that is to me, I'm like, oh god, that's what I think of. And I'm like, let me, Yeah, it's a giant cockroach on its back, on his back rather well both.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I can't just I can't just stop talking because I can't do all the words coming out of your mouth right now. Like there's there's so many things I can't say that are going through my mind right now.
Speaker 1: But you said, can you can't just gonna just have fun editing around us?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway back to this, back to the cockroaches and brings.
Speaker 3: So thank god. DJ and Stephanie interrupt this story and they enter from downstairs. They exclaim there's something horrible in the house, and Jesse, testing Joey's cooking with the spoon, responds, you're telling me so. Danny enters the kitchen, exclaiming that he has great news. Stephanie, who is relieved that he's home, hugs his leg.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I am literally as tall as Bob's leg, like not even up into his hip, just grabbed right on and it was like.
Speaker 2: Hello, I just you didn't have to bend down or something.
Speaker 1: It was just just right there. Yep.
Speaker 3: He tries to walk. It's just like he's got like an extra leg. It's fine. DJ tells Danny that Stephanie thinks she heard a monster in the garage, but if you asked me, it was just a desperate plea for attention. Danny replies, DJ, stop watching Oprah and start doing your homework.
Speaker 1: How many times have I said that?
Speaker 3: So, as the family sets the dinner table, Danny reminds everyone that he has some great news. Danny explains that all of the TV news stations are fighting for ratings, so his station is putting together a special promo about each of their newscasters, and Danny was picked to be first. The family responds not so enthusiastically. Then Danny announces that the entire family is going to be on TV with him, which prompts a huge cheer. From there, we go, everyone, what's in it for me?
Speaker 1: I mean that is really how a family dinner goes, isn't it. You're like, hey, this is great for me, and they're like, You're like, but you're gonna get something too? Oh sweet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, that's living with teenagers too, you know.
Speaker 2: That's how they respond.
Speaker 3: So the family starts to eat, but they are quickly grossed out by Joey's cooking. They decide that they should send out for pizza, and Joey responds, it is pizza on planet. I know what kind of pizza is this that you eat with a spoon.
Speaker 1: I've had a lot of pizza, I've never I've had Chicago style, I've had you know, the flatbreads. I've never had spoon pizza.
Speaker 3: Spoon pizza. Well a, it's a it's a delicatessen by Joey Gladstone spoon pizza. So later that night, we are in DJ and Stephanie's room and it's nighttime. Once again, we hear this monster noise. Stephanie sits up in bed and states they're bare, but now even DJ seems a little nervous about this noise. Steph asks if she can sleep in DJ's bed, and DJ agrees. Concerned that the monster is waiting under her bed to eat her feet, Stephanie con cox a plan to get over to DJ's bed by hopping on her toy chest, throwing DJ a jump rope, and having DJ reel her over to her bed.
Speaker 1: I was so excited to do that.
Speaker 3: That was such a five.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, this is amazing, and also the first thought when she's like can I sleep in your bed? Immediately I was like, oh, put the monster in the bed. I was like, and then she's like, but what if it's under I was like, thank you.
Speaker 3: See, thank you. Stephan is thinking of all possibilities, yes, and she's doing her own stunts.
Speaker 2: Like this is you need your stunt yet?
Speaker 3: I mean you're always doing bedroom to you know, you've moved from the curtainng cruise.
Speaker 1: Would be nowhere without me, That's what I'm saying. You know actors that became stunt people. That's yes, at the age of five.
Speaker 3: It's very impressive, very impressive. So DJ notes that Stephanie forgot to turn off the light, but right then they hear that monster noise again. Steph says, forget the light, run for your life. So the girls run out of the bedroom and into the hallway, where they're screaming for help. Jesse comes out of his room to catch a running Stephanie and Danny enters from the stairwell, which bumped me because where is Danny's bedroom.
Speaker 1: Danny's bedroom has always been on the other right.
Speaker 3: It's like, maybe we're the camera, the camera POV. That's where I thought Danny's bedroom.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe again, is it on the first Narnia of a house. It's maybe Danny wasn't asleep. Maybe it's not that late because the kids are, you know what I mean, Like, maybe it was like ten o'clock. Danny's watching. Wait didn't he say he's doing something. He's like watching something or put editing maybe or maybe I just admitted that, but yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: He's carrying a book. He's carrying a book, which I also thought was odd if it's like the middle of the night, so maybe he's done.
Speaker 1: I think it's I'm gonna go with It's like ten ten thirty when kids would be asleep for bedtime, but adults would be like, thank god they're asleep for bedtime and I can actually have some peace and quiet.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, I buy that. I buy that.
Speaker 2: Let's go with that.
Speaker 3: So dj asks Jesse to go get the monster since he's a creepy crawley killer, and Jesse responds, I am a pest control specialist. Thank you. Jesse, complaining that the exterminator never gets to be the hero in movies, goes into the girl's bedroom. Stephanie asks if she can sleep in Danny's bed tonight, but Danny isn't sure. About this, and then we flip too.
Speaker 2: DJ and Stephanie's room.
Speaker 3: Danny is lying in DJ's bed, blanked by DJ and Stephanie on each side.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, been there. The scene made me really laugh. It was very funny.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so sweet. Danny says that Jesse declared the room is monster free, so he's only going to stay until they fall asleep. The girls are mostly already asleep, and Danny reminds them that a nice woman is coming over tomorrow to shoot the promo and about their family. The girls are now fast asleep, and Danny attempts to extract himself from their tangled limbs, but he only gets more stuck, so he decides to just make do with it and sleep right there Twister style.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was so I was laughing. I'm like in my notes, I was like every parent has done the Ninja crawl where you're like sliding out of bed and then and you don't just kind of don't wake the child and then you just kind of like stop because they start when you're like I have fallen asleep in the weirdest positions on the floor of my kids bedrooms when they were little just such a mess.
Speaker 3: It's very relatable because sleep is such a precious commodity.
Speaker 1: And you yeah, and you're like, you know what, I will sleep like fine, like Danny does. He's just like, I'm just gonna lean over and sleep on a what was it a like a pound puppy or something that he puts under his head away.
Speaker 3: M Oh yeah, well I get it. I get it. However possible.
Speaker 1: We see the cute little red lips phone from DJ's when she's on the phone, it's like sitting.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah that phone. I love that, love that phone. I need to get I need to get that phone. So the next day, uh, Joey and Jesse are changing Michelle in the bathroom and they're practicing different hairstyles on her like Madonna, Brigitte Nelson, Pebbles, Flintstone. They ultimately decided that just a simple bow is the way to go.
Speaker 1: Also, when they mentioned Brigitte Wilson, flash forward to didn't Dave do Surreal Life? Ye with Brigitte Neilson.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right, yeah, wow, Yeah, this is very I feel like that a few times where yeah, like unplanned foreshadow, like it didn't didn't mean to foreshadow, but yeah, You're right. It's this weird time warp, this full house.
Speaker 1: It's some sort of weird like manifestation wheel of time thing going on with this house. I'm gonna I'm going with that now. I'm gonna create a whole backstory.
Speaker 3: I am gonna jump on this bandwagon with it.
Speaker 1: And it's why the Tanners have aged so well. It's like it's just a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's a fountain of youth and a time warp and a closet, like all of it just wrapped into one. One yes house.
Speaker 1: This is my my new fanfic. I'll be posting it online.
Speaker 3: Thanks. So, Jesse and Joey ultimately decide that just a simple bow is the way to go. Jesse holds Michelle's hair and a ponytail while Joey ties the bow. But of course Joey gets Jesse's finger trapped in the bow, and Michelle, in an unscripted moment, shakes her head no and then grins the biggest cutest son.
Speaker 1: So I get, like I started being like, oh, I get white people must have fallen in love like they were just so higly and fun and cute. Although I think a lot of the ones we've seen so far have been very Kate. She was which I want to call her by the name that I called her when she was little, would you call her?
Speaker 3: Call her?
Speaker 1: Remember we used to call her Kotto.
Speaker 3: Bird, Cotto bird. I don't remember Cotto bird. Yeah, Mary, Yeah, what was that a reference to?
Speaker 1: I don't you don't even know. It was a fair It was just a thing where like hey, Kato, like Mary Kate became Mary Katto and then like Kato bird.
Speaker 3: I don't know, kandache is that where the canvas cadace thing came from? To? You know, let's just Mirrod pronounce everyone's names, cutting.
Speaker 1: Family nicknames that you have for each other, mud and you know whatever. Okay, but yeah, Cotto bird, I just remember when she was little that was Oh, but you're right, I came from John or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little nickname. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But she was so so cute, giggly and like these little unscripted moments that keep happening.
Speaker 3: Or just I can see why the audience fell in love with her back But back in the day when we were ten and five, we were like, what's the big deal about this baby? Like babies weren't interesting or cool to us. At that age, but I can see what the audience was like.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we were also usually off stage, and we were and it was more so like you know when you're five and ten, you're like, can the baby do.
Speaker 3: The thing right?
Speaker 2: And just waiting around for the baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But I'm falling for it, like I'm I'm a team of a sucker. I'm a sucker for a.
Speaker 1: Cute little baby.
Speaker 3: I get it. So at this moment, we hear the monster noise again and Jesse says, I have to hear where it's coming from. Be quiet.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a baby werewolf sort of.
Speaker 2: It's a weird noise.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to describe it.
Speaker 1: Is it what a fair it makes?
Speaker 3: Well? It must be or I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because sticking to truth is something that we've done on this show forever, right, it's gotta be. If it's that has to be the sound.
Speaker 3: That must be the sound. I mean, I'm not very educated on on ferret language, but yeah, that must be.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look this up. I'm gonna look this up. Okay, you look this up.
Speaker 3: I'll continue to feel like the ferret though, is the It's like the little magical It's sort of like the magical elf thing of the house.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. If this house is Narnia, the ferret is the is the little animal that is possessed by something. Oh you know what I mean. Oh, you're you're really I'm telling you, I'm going for this whole fanfic thing.
Speaker 3: I am hanging on to this theory. Yes, you're Talloween.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right. It's it's that time of year. So Jesse walks over to one of the air vents on the wall. He kneels down and listens, and he determines that it's a North American silver footed ferret, adult male, two and a half pounds. Okay, wow, yeah, very specific.
Speaker 1: Is a pest control specialist.
Speaker 3: Indeed he is.
Speaker 1: He's now I see why Brianna was like, take me now. I mean, I can only imagine what he did with the termites, you know.
Speaker 3: Moving on, So he runs out of the bathroom. Joey puts Michelle back on the changing table and shows her her reflection in a mirror, and Michelle beams at the sight of her own reflection. It's just so ct it's so cute.
Speaker 2: You can't write this stuff. The baby just does it.
Speaker 3: The baby performs or does it, and then she was per be a.
Speaker 1: Baby and just beam when you look in the mirror, you know those out of herself.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's yeah. Okay. So the doorbell rings in the living room and Jesse is rushing downstairs on his way to the garage to find the ferret monster. DJ and Stephanie answer the door and we meet the TV lady who is there to film Danny's promo and Jody, your blue sweater here, I don't know what's on. Is this a skunk skum?
Speaker 1: And it's a handle with Care?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, it's one of those three D sweaters again that.
Speaker 1: It's another three D sweater. It's amazing And yeah, it says handle with care. And I really feel like we need to get Dave an adult sized sweatshirt of that skung that says handle with Care on it, because if anyone needs a sweatshirt like that, it's Dave Koli.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the odoriferous Dave ker.
Speaker 1: This is I'm going twenty seven on that.
Speaker 3: That's twenty seven differ you come to how rude tandos get you walk away with a language lesson semantics again.
Speaker 1: Come to learn about the show, you leave with an English degree thanks to Adria Barber. Right, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: So the TV lady asks the girls to smile, and then she has sort of hang up her coat, which DJ just sort of places on top of the playpen, and then the TV lady introduces herself as Ronnie, which is short for Veronica. DJ replies I'm DJ, which is short for Donna Joe, and Stephanie says, I'm Stephanie. I'm just short, which we saw earlier with you grab it onto Bob's light.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, very short, I'm short.
Speaker 3: So Ronnie continues to examine the house for good camera angles, and the girls follow her and copy her like framing, framing the shots, hand movements, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what if people are wondering, it's not she's not trying to figure out which hand is her left. She actually, yeah, she's looking at that's something that like, you know, it's sort of a directory thing. Director directory don't necessarily do it, but they will sometimes be like, okay, I want to see you know whatever. But she yeah, it's a very exaggerated sort of moment. But yeah, like the light like she's not like, wait, which way is left?
Speaker 3: No, she's yeah, yeah, yeah, And the lighting guys will that too. They'll come in and the like hold hold equipment up, Yes, the light.
Speaker 1: Used to do when he'd come on, he'd just come over and like kind of saunter up, like what is you're about to roll and hold the thing over your face and then squint.
Speaker 2: Okay up at the rafters.
Speaker 1: You're not up a little right? Right?
Speaker 2: All those memories.
Speaker 3: So next we're in the garage and Jesse is digging around trying to locate the ferret monster and he's wearing a catcher's mitt. Why, I don't know right for I'm just saying, I mean, the ferret isn't well an.
Speaker 1: Eric, but also for a pest control specialist. I feel like, although I guess you look, he's working with what he's got. He's on the he's he is trying to I mean, you can't you know, when you're chasing a ferret, there's.
Speaker 3: Time to go to your truck or motorcycle and get your toolbox.
Speaker 1: No, you got to try to get a catcher's mitt and get that ferret.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, so Joey comes downstairs and asks, who are you trying to catch?
Speaker 2: Phil niekro And I looked this up.
Speaker 1: He was going to say, is that a like a baseball catcher?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, he well, not a catcher, a pitcher here. He was an American baseball player for the Atlanta Braves, for Indians, also the Yankees. He's generally regarded as the greatest knuckleball picture of all time. The more you know, all right, the more you know, see there you go. So Jesse says he left his tools in the car. Oh okay, so that explained right. Jesse left his tools in the car. But in order to catch a ferret, you must become one with the ferret. And Joey does a ferret impression. So they hear the ferret again, and Jesse runs around the garage. Joey asks Jesse, what are you going to do with the ferret? And Jesse, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, incoming newsh the ferret noise is not exactly uh correct it according to no According to our great and one of producer Chrissy. She says, the ferret noise is not exactly exact the ones that she just listened to. So maybe summi ferret out there makes this noise, but not most of them.
Speaker 3: That's it. I want my money back this show between the garage Joey, we're not having real ferret noises. I give up. So Joey says, what are you going to do with the ferret, and Jesse replies he's moving the ferret one step up into his spiritual enlightenment. Joey, who's worried about the fate of the ferret, slyly opens the garage door in an attempt to let the ferret escape.
Speaker 2: Then he starts singing.
Speaker 3: Born Free, which is the theme song from a wildlife drama of the same name nineteen sixty six. There's all these references that I never got until I actually just looked them up.
Speaker 1: Well, they're all references now that I realized that, Like our thirty year old writing staff at the time was like, let's throw back to the and now it's funny because you know that's it's old news. It's old, yeah, old news.
Speaker 3: So Jesse shakes off Joey and determines that the ferret escaped right into the crawl space. Jesse grabs a ladder and climbs up into the crawl space.
Speaker 1: Crawl space where a garage where the living room?
Speaker 3: So where does the where is the crawl space? Getting into a crawl space between the living room and the garage, there's like a secret compartment. Just didn't know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I'm confused.
Speaker 1: That's not a thing. I have questions, and and we're.
Speaker 3: Got in the attic.
Speaker 2: They should have moved this scene to the attic, right, that made sense.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, is he crawling into the attic? No, we're in the basement or in the garage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: There's a whole lot going on here. Also relatively clean, because Jesse comes down with not a bit of dust on him. Oh. True, true, So somebody's been cleaning that crawl space, which makes me wonder, Oh, what's in the crawl space?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does that where Danny like does his secret cleaning routines to fulfill that need? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, where's Pam. I'm just saying, I'm just saying, whoa, wow, you were there. Sorry, I'm sorry that was a terrible joke.
Speaker 3: Wa Hey, let's go.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: We're We're on episode twelve, Like, we can go there, we can go now, we are grieving. We've done twelve episodes of grievous. We can make now we can make jokes about Pam. So Jesse he's climbing into the crawl space and Joey, who's still cheering for this ferret to escape, moves the ladder so that Jesse can't get down. He says that they need to have a talk, and then he tries to get Jesse to agree to release the ferret into a safe environment after he catches him. Jesse makes fun by saying he'll move him into a little ferret condo, and then he starts to climb down using Joey's shoulders. At this very moment, Stephanie, dj and Ronnie come down to the garage to find Jesse upside down, hanging from the crawl space and using Joey's shoulders as support.
Speaker 2: Hello, they both say.
Speaker 3: Simultaneously, and Ronnie responds, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 2: Boy is she if this is who she has to work with?
Speaker 1: Right? But I was wondering, though, how was Jesse planning on getting down? Because I it's not gonna work out well, the ladder's got to come back. The ladder's Ronnie saying, she's in trouble.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like they're bozos.
Speaker 1: They're bozos because that's never worked out in the history of television to have idiots on television. Hey, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: A TV producer would be thrilled. This is great.
Speaker 1: This is content content, right, or maybe that's.
Speaker 3: Just like post Real World. Yeah, reality TV. Yeah, maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: So we come back from a commercial break.
Speaker 3: We're in the living room where Donnie Donnie, sorry, where Ronnie is finishing setting up a new kids.
Speaker 1: It's not kids.
Speaker 3: I have new kids on the brain. Sorry, I'm getting ready for the cruise. So I'm thinking I got Donnie walmert on the rain. So Danny walks in from the front door, and Ronnie says, great, you're here, let's go.
Speaker 2: She has missed no nonsense.
Speaker 1: Right, Ronica.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, Ronnie, Ronnie, I'm down.
Speaker 2: She's a little high strung. I have to admit.
Speaker 3: Joey, who has been taking down the last planet from the alcove, tells Danny that Ronnie thought that he should move out. You know, I gotta admit, like I missed the alcove, like seeing this again, like I miss I'm like, you know it, I look at it and I'm not right. I liked it better with the mannequin. Yeah, I miss I miss Manny. I never thought i'd say that I miss the planet.
Speaker 1: I miss Manny. I missed the potato.
Speaker 2: Head, I miss the cot I miss all of it.
Speaker 1: Olive oil, yeah, bye, the weird parrot. I miss it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do too. I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Joey says, you know this is fine, but Danny doesn't agree. He asks Ronnie, don't you think Joey is important? Ronnie replies that Joey is essential because he's going to be holding the cue cards. I mean, it is an essential job.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, if you've ever had to do something, you need someone to.
Speaker 3: Hold the cue cards. Yeah, very important, very important. Ronnie says that she's going to set Danny apart from the crowd. She's going to sell his family with class, style and sophistication. She shoes Danny outside so he can make his entrance on camera. Ronnie yells action and Danny enters and reads the cue cards. He says, chow family, which he questions immediately. Then Ronnie seats him on the couch and says, que da Vinci. Da Vinci is a very large white poodle. Who jumps into Danny's lap.
Speaker 1: When the dog, I was like, oh, a pre comet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, faux dog. It was adorable. I'm a poodle leter. I've got a mini poodle of my own. So I was so excited, very acute.
Speaker 1: Adorable dog was very well focused on the trainer. Whenever I see animals now, they're like just you can just see him looking razor left of the lens, like yeah, they're like, where is my tree? Right? But very cute dog. Cute, But where did the dog run off to? Who did the dog run off to?
Speaker 3: Like your dog?
Speaker 1: Dog is done?
Speaker 2: Then the dog is Ronnie sent them away and he just runs.
Speaker 1: He just well, he got in his cab and he was like about see you later, got my check, got my day rate.
Speaker 3: See hey guys.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So dj and Stephanie entered the room, wearing matching long black skirts, white tops, pearl necklaces, and carrying string instruments, the violin and the cello.
Speaker 1: I was so excited to carry that cello. I always wanted to play the cello.
Speaker 2: I'm impressed with you, like, you're very strong.
Speaker 3: You're carrying lots of large objects in these episodes, and now you're carrying a cello. I'm very very impressed.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's all your hit workouts, did I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was, you know, all the stunt work I did. Really it built up my upper body strength, you know when you've got to suspend yourself from curtains and reel yourself.
Speaker 3: Across oh toy chest. That's a lot of upper bodies.
Speaker 1: And build up the guns, you know.
Speaker 3: So dja is Stephanie speak informal awkward language like oh, father, how excellent to see you, Papa?
Speaker 2: You miss Papa is so funny.
Speaker 1: I think I was. And I remember Brian Cale giving me like a.
Speaker 3: Note he did.
Speaker 1: I think I was saying yes, Papa, and he was like no, no, no, do it like Papa. And I was like, okay, you know, and he excused to be ridiculous in fancy. So that, yeah, that was a very into the pronouncement.
Speaker 2: Great note and a great pronunciation.
Speaker 1: Right, and I addiction very important the.
Speaker 2: Diiction A plus addiction.
Speaker 3: Car Pa, Papa. Ronnie cues the housekeeper and in walks Jesse, wearing a tuxedo vest and carrying a silver tea tray. TEA time for the Tanners, He says, with a fake British accent. He offers tea to the girls and says, Buffy Jody, what do you know what that's from? No, Buffy and Jody were two characters on eight is Enough. One of the characters was named Jody, and.
Speaker 1: And they would uh. There was also like a whole like good night Jody, good night, Buffy, good night whatever. But that was a joke that they made a lot because they could say my name, yeah, okay, but as a character name. And if you see, if you watch John say Buffy Jody, I like get so giggly because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, yeah, he's It's like he's right, he's doing something wrong. He's calling me by your real name, not by right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And by the way, I have not as I've been watching these, I've noticed like how much I'm just like, what's going on over there by those cameras stop playing attention just well, no, I'm paying attention to everything as usual, and so I'm like, just what's up? What are they doing? I can constantly see myself looking off set.
Speaker 3: It's very funny. Oh Jody, oh Jody. Yes, so, Joey says, now you know why I didn't fight too hard to stay in this thing. Danny asked, Okay, what does any of this have to do with my family? Ronnie ignores him and cues the baby Michelle. It walks of child who is definitely not Michelle. She's about three, No, she's three or four years old. She's got dark hair, and she says, Hi, Danny.
Speaker 1: Asian, Yes she is. It was I was like, wait what, yeah.
Speaker 3: Bit, that is not Michelle.
Speaker 2: But she's wearing the same outfit as you and DJ.
Speaker 3: Like, she's dressed the same with the pearls and the long skirt, you know. But there's definitely like a triplet thing happening here. Uh So, naturally Danny is confused and he's like, who is this child?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would also be like, I'm sorry what.
Speaker 3: And Ronnie replies that that the girl is playing the role of Danny's adopted daughter. We thought it would be great for your image, she says, and Danny sends the little girl back into the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Because adoptees are props, really really like like this this of Ronnie. Ronnie, this one.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, this is a lot of work that she has put into this.
Speaker 1: This fake Pronnie is I don't know, Ronnie is doing some things. Yes, Ronnie's how Ronnie got this job in the first place, because she's.
Speaker 3: Probably great at it. Not impressed. Not impressed with her, and Danny asks the guys, He's like, why are you going along with this charade? And Jesse responds that they knew the promo was very important to him, so they wanted to play along. Ronnie explains that television news is very competitive and you gotta do something different. Danny stands up for himself and says he is proud of who they are. He has a loving family and friends who are willing to do anything to help out. He states that he's going to direct this thing himself while Ronnie gets to hold the cue cards. Huh take that, Ronnie. After the commercial break, it's later that night. And wait a minute.
Speaker 1: And you're you're I know, we haven't come in there.
Speaker 3: No, I'm out of order.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wait no, we're right, We're right. They come we come back for she so she makes the poudy face with the with the que cards. She's like and then commercial cut to commercial break. We come back and now we're watching the watching the promo. Inner cuts, we're interchanges that we're watching the family in real time, and then we're cutting between what the family is seeing on the screen, which is when we go to different locations.
Speaker 3: Yeah's that's it. That's why I was confused. I'm like, what will is it?
Speaker 1: Inner cut?
Speaker 3: The old inter cut? I love a good inner cut. Yes, And Kimmy's there, and I was, Yes, Gibbler is there watching the promo with the family. I don't know why I'm there. I don't have any lines, but I'm just excited.
Speaker 1: Because you were probably legally required to be in at least two scenes to get paid for.
Speaker 3: The week, right exactly, Like, let's just throw put her there. Don't give her lines, We'll just put her there. So we're watching the promo on the Tanner TV. Danny walks in the front door. Danny goes to the girls room where they're doing their homework at that tiny table, and the girls are wearing these giant these Giants baseball caps and smiling cutely at the canter. How much those are worth? Yeah? Right? Like seven?
Speaker 1: And the banners the little felt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they had the little pennants.
Speaker 3: Or whatever they're that ship.
Speaker 1: Were we sponsored by the San Giants? I wonder, Lord, I mean we really lean into the San Francisco of it. Now I get why the show is so it's you know, full house.
Speaker 3: It's everywhere you'll treat. Yeah, it's the giants are everywhere you look in this show. At least it's we're definitely in San Francisco. And the girls remind the audience to watch their dad do the sports at four, six and ten, which is very late for him to be working. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: People need their.
Speaker 3: Sports because we've never worked late with our kids before. Oh true, Okay, yeah, that's true. And that's why he has Joey and Jesse. Yeah, viz. Yeah, it's very long working hours, very long.
Speaker 2: Next we're in Michelle's room.
Speaker 3: Jesse and Joey have Michelle on the changing table and Danny makes introductions to the camera and he says that Jesse has a rock band named Jesse Cochran and the Rippers.
Speaker 1: We have I always just thought it was Jesse and the Rippers. Well, I think it's Jesse Cochran. No, this is Jesse Cochran and the Rippers.
Speaker 3: He does say that, so, and I think they dropped the Cochrane when John changed the name.
Speaker 1: Right, because Jesse Kutzopolis and the rippers is just a mouthful, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody doesn't flow.
Speaker 3: It doesn't flow, So I agree with that change, but.
Speaker 1: This things felt like Cochrane and Cockroach were just two similar yea Jesse cockroach. I mean that's what he should have gone with, Jesse cockroach for company, Jesse Jesse cockroach Cochrane, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He would have been booked solid, you know, Jesse and the cockroaches. So Joey does a baby voice for Michelle, and DJ asks for a raise in her allowance. The family waves at the camera and that's the promo, and back in the back on the couch, the family in real time is applouding enthusiastically yay yay. DJ again asks for a raise in her allowance, and Stephanie says they might receive eighteen letters tomorrow. Ooops. Danny leads the family into the kitchen to celebrate with ice cream, but we hear the ferret again. Jesse runs over to the bay window, where at last he retrieves this ferret, a white and gray, long furry animal.
Speaker 2: Is this a real This must have been a real ferret?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know where you rent one of these things.
Speaker 1: But like the well, of course it was a real ferret. Did you think it was a fake ferret? It's not an electronic ferret?
Speaker 3: Like where do you who do you call to say, hey, animal trainer, here's just bring me your nearest ferret. You know, this is not a pets.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Are pets?
Speaker 1: Well not legally in California, but you But my neighbor across the street had a ferret when I was a kid, and they are stinky out, terrible little creatures. They really aren't that great. They're rodents. Yeah, well I could be wrong again. I'm gonna go into my poor zoological fact here, but they are rodents, little ferret things, you know, and minx are the female version which we make coats out of. Oh uh, but yeah, they more than likely that ferret that's in the Tanner household is someone's pet, because there's I just don't think there's a large population of random wild ferrets running around San Francisco. It's probably I think it's it's someone's pet.
Speaker 3: It's got to be someone's pet. Gotta be someone's you know, rats are dirty and nobody wants to see a rat, you know.
Speaker 2: But a ferret's kind of cutting, right.
Speaker 1: No one wants to see a rat, but a ferret is a more acceptable version of a rodent.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I have to say.
Speaker 1: The monster timeline of the ferret, like that B story was a little and I'm I maybe.
Speaker 3: You know, oh, tell me, tell me.
Speaker 1: I just it's kind of it felt like a payoff. Oh, it felt like a like I was wondering. I was like, why do we write the ferret storyline?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean there was that the physical comedy bit in the garage where you know, Jesse's in the Carl space upside down.
Speaker 2: So maybe it was to have a funny bit between Joey and.
Speaker 3: J I don't know. I guess we'll agree it was a weak storyline.
Speaker 1: Also breaking news according to our wonderful Factor producer, see, ferrets aren't rodents. They're actually part of the weasel family. They don't well, they don't meet the requirements for being a rodent, which includes having continuously growing incisors, which is why rats have to chew on Does their teeth constantly grow?
Speaker 3: Wow? So I did not think that. Yeah, you know a lot about.
Speaker 1: Reading from a fact, don't That's but I do know that that's why rats have to like chew on things because they they will their teeth keep growing, which is why they bite pretty painfully. But yeah, weasels, weasels, all right, but yeah, just tell it like a weird b storyline of like a loose weasel, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it would.
Speaker 3: I thought it would come to a more dramatic ending of a weasel or the ferret chase scene around the house or something.
Speaker 2: But now he just lifts it up.
Speaker 1: And to be honest, it really it really the timeline of it was the loose ferret and the weasel thing, yeah, really was the thing that threw us off.
Speaker 3: With Joey's room.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like the weasel was a It was an odd choice. We did have now two animals. We had two animal and a poodle and a weasel. For excuse me, a poodle and a ferret.
Speaker 3: A poodle and a fair I love it, you know, does not not your average animal with a ferret and even the big standard poodle. You don't see those are it's normally a joke, do like, Well, they're usually groomed, prissy poodle, They're usually prissy, right right, This one was very fluffy.
Speaker 2: It was more like a doodle in my opinion, but it was.
Speaker 1: Da Vinci the doodle, Da Vinci the doodle.
Speaker 3: Oh so cute, so cute.
Speaker 1: So they they get the ferret.
Speaker 3: Jesse promises Joey that he's going to take the ferret to Big Sir and set him free in a safe way. Joey is relieved, and the guy's exit to the kitchen while once again singing born free, as free as the wind blows, so and that's our joy.
Speaker 1: Jesse picks up this thing with no gloves and takes it into the kitchen where they're eating dinner.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, the catcher's mitt is probably back down in.
Speaker 1: This pest control specialist is playing fast and loose. Here he is with an unknown, potentially rabid ferret.
Speaker 2: You know, I I wouldn't hire him.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't hire him as my uh my past control specialist, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know how much pests he's controlling, but he's doing a lot of other things on the job, so maybe the ferre it's the least of his problems.
Speaker 3: He's just trying to get the women. He just wants to extorminate these women's houses, so then you can have a date. That's the purpose of his job. Oh Jesse, oh boy, well that you look tell us you're what do you haven't everywhere you look moment?
Speaker 1: Well I did have. I had an everywhere you look moment, but it's not one that we sort of haven't had before, which is everywhere you look. Joey is again wearing double Swatch watches.
Speaker 3: Oh he is.
Speaker 1: He's again wearing double Swatches.
Speaker 2: He's he's very committed to that.
Speaker 3: Look. That's you know, it's a part of his geometric shaped shirt cartoon shirts.
Speaker 1: Right, look at me. I'm so wacky.
Speaker 3: I've got two watches. Okay, well, hey, he can pull it off.
Speaker 2: He's the one character that really can.
Speaker 3: Pull it off.
Speaker 1: That was the that was the everywhere you look moment for me and what.
Speaker 3: I've got one? I've got one and it blew my mind. I don't even think you noticed.
Speaker 1: John's pronunciation of signor is hilarious because he keeps calling it senior ferret. It's just an old ferret. He's like senior ferret.
Speaker 3: And it's supposed to be supposed to be signor ferret, but he's like senior ferret.
Speaker 1: Brian opposed to junior Ferret right sophomore Ferret.
Speaker 3: And I can just see Brian Cale chasing after John trying to get him to pronounce it the right way, and I don't know, it's not listening to him.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, my everywhere you look moment about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Jody, the.
Speaker 3: Sweatshirt that you're wearing in the last scene when we're all watching the promo on the couch.
Speaker 1: Right right right with the little like TV's on it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wore that sweatshirt in episode three back to School or the first day of school.
Speaker 2: I Kimmy was wearing that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and you're exact same sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: In the next ep I think in the next episode, I'm wearing a repeat of something. This was again the first like twelve episodes. We were probably reusing wardrobe because I didn't get picked up full for a full season, so it was like real people where you actually have to wear things repeatedly, like a normal house. But I didn't know that that was your sweatshirt. It was because I was thinking I was wearing it and I was like, it's so cute on stuff, like it's all big and baggy and very now I know why because it was yours.
Speaker 3: Thanks Oh yeahs Kimmy. I was as soon as I saw it, I was like, I think I wore that, And then I went and looked. I went back to episode three and looked, and I'm like, yep, that is the exact same sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: Well, sharing clothes from an.
Speaker 1: Own you know, maybe yeah, Kimmy and stuff. You know, she was like, hey, can I borrow your sweatshirt? M or maybe she stole it.
Speaker 3: She probably stole it. I mean, remember this is the start of our frenemy ship, so I think maybe you know what, we were close shorrowed it. She was like, yeah, sure, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: And then she spilled something on it and ruined it. And then Kimmy and that was right, and that was like part of it too.
Speaker 3: It was like this little kid and this little kid spilling stuff on my sweatshirt. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Origin story of the frenemy ship right here.
Speaker 1: People all started with a sweatshirt.
Speaker 3: So not a bad episode, not a bad The a.
Speaker 1: Storyline was the very first promo. I don't know that we ever had our very second promo, but our very first one. Went pretty well.
Speaker 3: It went pretty well, pretty well, Yeah, not bad. I'm glad Danny took over and didn't let Ronnie run the show.
Speaker 1: No, Ronnie, Ronnie, and I gotta say, Ronnie is coming into a house.
Speaker 3: You could have played the sympathy card with the.
Speaker 1: Mom gone and the done, lean into the emotion and the story, Ronnie.
Speaker 3: Nope, Nope, instead costumes and hiring actors child actors to play I feel like she was.
Speaker 1: I don't think Ronnie made it very long at Channel eight after that. I think I think they were like, you know what, you are just not getting the vibe Ronnie.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe this is setting up for Wake Up San Francisco next season or whenever that is right with Becky and and Dan.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, Ronnie, Ronnie never would have gotten that job.
Speaker 3: She's job.
Speaker 1: No, but this is where, this is where San Francisco fell in love with Danny Tanner and that's how he wound up on Wake Up Serrances Gone.
Speaker 3: I buy that, figuring it all, I buy that together. Wow, we've put a lot together this episode. We we have we have a lot of explanations. Maybe they're correct, maybe they're not. Doesn't matter, No, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It can be whatever we want it to be, just like the size of the backyard.
Speaker 3: Exactly our shape shifting opinions. Yes, to go with the shape shifting backyard. Yes, well maybe, Jody.
Speaker 1: It's been a pleasure, yes, doing our first promo and this was it was so exciting to finally see Kimmy back with another episode. Thank god, in that many in this.
Speaker 2: First uh now these first.
Speaker 3: I'm only in I'm only in five total in season one, so now we've knocked out two of them.
Speaker 1: But you ate it so worth it with your delivery of the Polter Guys line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back, I do. Yes, I I'm just gonna I'm just gonna say that. I'm just gonna call you in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: They're back, like, oh god, no not again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, well, and we will be back next week for another episode. But in the meantime, if you have comments, suggestions, fanfic Narnia related ideas, feel free to go ahead and email us at how Rude Podcast at gmail dot com, or you can follow us on Instagram at how Rude pod and yeah, make sure you leave comments, make sure you're subscribing, follow the podcast. We love having you guys here. We're so excited that we get to do this every week. And uh yeah, it's so much fun. And remember, ferrets aren't rodents, they're weasels.
Speaker 3: Weasels. Yeah, if you take nothing else away from this episode, take away the fact that ferrets are weasels.
Speaker 1: Yep, and the word O differous. There you go, and with that, wow.
Speaker 3: An educational podcast. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're welcome. Guys, you are welcome. And remember, the world is the world. No, the world is small, not the world is good. Say, I was gonna remember I was telling all that. Remember I came up with this, You came up with this phrase. And now you're and you think that means I remember something. I appreciate your confidence in me. But yeah, no, all right.
Speaker 3: Take two, Take two, ready to Yes.
Speaker 1: The world is small, but the house is full.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: You did it, You did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sweet?
Speaker 1: Are you sure that doesn't make sense? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The world it's a small world. The world is small, but the house is full, like full of people and full of love.
Speaker 1: Because it's small.
Speaker 2: I don't know you made it up.
Speaker 3: I thought you knew what the meaning was I like it, though, I think I think.
Speaker 1: Next week we'll be arguing about the meaning of this and so many other things. So thanks so much for joining us, and we will see you guys next time on how Rude Tanner Rito's Audios fantos a