Speaker 1: You're listening to I Choose Me with Jenny Garth. Hey, everyone, welcome to I Choose Me. This podcast is all about the choices we make and where they lead us. Today is a special day. We are coming to you live from New York City. We're going to dive into a huge I Choose Me moment in my life in this episode, and I can't wait to talk to you about it. My guest today is someone I have known her whole life. She is smart and beautiful and I am so lucky to call her my daughter. We have been working on something really, really special for many months and it's finally out. Now it's so crazy. Please welcome my daughter Lola to the I Choose Me Podcast. Wow, roundup, applause.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I'm so excited. You are a This is the first time for you, It is my first time.
Speaker 1: First time podcasts. Nervous, don't be nervous. They love you. They already love you. It's built in. Okay, Okay, let's tell them. So let's start by telling everybody what we're doing here in New York City is you can see the backdrop here, beautiful, beautiful, this building. I keep expecting to see the ugly what is it? Ugly angry naked man?
Speaker 2: I have no idea what you're talking about? The guy from friends, Oh, the ugly or the naked neighbor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but he had a name, what was it, ugly naked guy.
Speaker 2: I hope we don't find him?
Speaker 1: Well, whoever does? Ugly naked guy definitely saw me naked earlier.
Speaker 2: So even, Well, today we're here to celebrate our launch of our clothing brand with QVC. To me, oh my, so exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, you just broke the news.
Speaker 2: I broke the news officially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today is well on this podcast, to day is the day. I've been talking about it with you, guys. I've been telling you about my moments of imposter syndrome leading up to this big event. And this is the big event, the fashion line that you and I created together with our wonderful supportive design team at QVC. And we are so excited. This is our launch of Me by Jenny Garth.
Speaker 2: So exciting. How are you feeling?
Speaker 1: How am I feeling? That's a loaded question. I am feeling so excited. I'm not even nervous. Isn't that weird? Like I'm nervous about other things but I'm not nervous about our launch.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like we've been really supported throughout this whole process, So I feel so grateful for Clarina and Randy and the design team. They're just so supportive, and so I feel the same way. I feel just really excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have so many team members, don't we that new friends that we depend on so much, Randy, Clarina, Colton, Sophia, Honor the people, and then everybody at QVC. Oh my god, Yeah, how are you you feeling nervous? Though?
Speaker 2: I am not feeling nervous. I'm feeling really excited and really proud, and I feel like it hasn't really set an yet. I think once we get to QVC it'll really kick in. But I am so excited to have this launch party and have people be able to see it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. We're having a big party today on the roof in the Penthouse suite, very fancy, very fancy, and we have a bunch of our friends coming, and a bunch of editors and all kinds of fashionistas coming, and they are going to see our collection for the very first time, and they're going to get to touch it and look at it up close and personal, and I hope they like it. You know me too, So we're going to have a great party. I am very much looking forward to celebrating all of our hard work. Okay, let's just go back to the beginning. Help me, because you know my memory. How was it in the beginning? How did this fashion line come about at all? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: I have no recollection. I feel like I just recently moved back to LA. I was living in New York, and I moved back to LA and I started going to design school in LA and then all of a sudden this started happening, and it worked so beautifully with what I was learning in school that I just kind of ended up being this beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: Did you do you remember when I said, hey, babe, I got something and I kind of need your help with I would love to for you to be a part of it. Do you remember that conversation.
Speaker 2: You did say you said, no pressure, but I would love to do this together. And I thought about it, and I obviously chose that it was the right thing for me to do, and I'm just really happy that I made that decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, I was like, no pressure, you can take your time.
Speaker 2: Do you still say that all the time, You're like, if you are feeling overwhelmed, you don't have to do this anymore. And I love every step of the way working on.
Speaker 1: This, all the panic moments we had and the deadlines. Oh yeah, I remember getting the call to do it, and I was like, say what I mean? I never, ever, in my wildest dreams, thought of a fashion line. Honestly, it was always like a dream. What person doesn't dream of having their own fashion line? But it seemed like at first I was like, why me, Like, I don't know, I don't think I'm qualified for this. I talked about this in the last episode, and like I felt like they had made the wrong dial, the wrong number or something. And then I started to like sit with it, and I realized, why not me? You know, like I love my style, Like I'm very comfortable in my look that I wear around. I love your style. And I thought, you're welcome. And I thought I've been dressed by so many like costume designers and wardrobe stylists like over the many many years, and I've just stood there and let them do their work. And I've learned so much along the way from every alteration that I've stood in, and you guys, there have been hours and hours of my life trying on clothes, being fitted for outfits. So then I sort of tried to change that story in my mind of like why not me. If someone else did it, you can do it too, because it was for me at the beginning of very like it felt like a big bite, like a big thing to take on, and I was very nervous about it. But luckily at QVC, they just throw you in, like they were like, here's your design team, here's their email, here's the phone numbers. Get to work, and they called us and they really had some great ideas out of the gate, and we brought them like our whole for the brand, which, by the way, I have to go back to that because when I asked you to do it, and when you said that you wanted to do it, I was like, oh my gosh. So I gave you all of my material that I've been working on, all my crazy lady notes that I write down everywhere, and I compiled them and I gave them all to you, and I was like, here you go, this is what we're doing. And you took every word on the paper and somehow made it come to life in these beautiful, gorgeous decks that we presented to them, and we give them amazing visual ideas of what we want and themes for every drop. So I think you've done an amazing job already.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of my favorite part working with you is that I get to take whatever you're thinking, and you're so creative and you have so many beautiful ideas. I get to take whatever you're thinking and make it a tangible thing and make it a visual presentation for people to understand, so that you can really get something that you're really proud of. And I think that that's exactly what this brand is. It's every single thought you've ever had, and somehow we've been able to make it happen and it's turned out so beautifully. It really has.
Speaker 1: But I really do appreciate that work you put in initially and you still do every day. But it's like you could read my mind. It's like you know me so well. Hey, I wonder why you are like you've always been. The people call you my mini me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like we're the same in a lot of ways. And so it hasn't been as hard as you think, figuring out what you're thinking and then trying to get it made.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's good to know. The next time, I'm just gonna look into your eyes and I'll.
Speaker 2: Probably get it.
Speaker 1: You probably will. So yeah, that's how we started working together, basically, and that's how the whole thing came about. But I'm actually going back to the time a couple of years ago when you came to me and said, Hey, Mom, why don't we make my prom dress? And I knew as you were saying it, you were saying, why don't we make my palm dress? And you were really thinking, why don't you make my palm dress?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't like sewing. I love you don't really like sewing either. Sewing is not in our blood. We wanted to be so badly and to try, but it's really hard.
Speaker 1: So it's you know what, it's like, tedious way. Yeah, and I don't think either of us are quite that patient. You're way more patient than me.
Speaker 2: It's really hard for me.
Speaker 1: So I think that the whole like seed was planted with that black strapless column dress that we went downtown. We bought the fabric for it. Yeah, and the elast stick for the top and all the things, and you knew you had it planned out. You knew exactly what we needed to buy, and we bought it and we brought it home and it just sat on the kitchen counter for a long time until it was like last minute, and then I was like, oh, crap, I gotta make the dress. And so we made it and it turned out so.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, beautiful, and I still have and I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you got to keep that for your kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just also want to instill this and people. It's not just like I attach my name on something and you started trying to help me with something that other people were doing. This is every single fabric and item and thread and button is from our heads and.
Speaker 2: Our heartust and yep, figured out together.
Speaker 1: So when you guys get your hands on these clothes, just know that they came from our hearts. Why don't we now tell the friends about the line? What does it include? Who's it for? Wow? What should we start with?
Speaker 2: Let's start with our dunhim because I feel as if the dunim plays a really big role in the line.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, should we go back to like the or of the concept or not, Let's do it, Okay, The origin of the concept came back. It came all the way from the nineties from Kelly Taylor's infamous I Choose Me line, and I started to embrace that as I turned fifty, and I wanted to use that as sort of mantra moving forward in my life, and I kind of wanted everything that I did to fall under those sort of ideas, trying to spread people's awareness and empower women and make them feel beautiful and just encourage people to love themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's where the whole.
Speaker 1: I Choose Me came of it, and then we made it me. It shortened that to just me because you know, the podcast is called I Dress Me, so we can use that. But that's where it started. And then where has it ended up? Where are we?
Speaker 2: It's ended up in like a completely different universe somehow, I feel like it's really it started with that, and then we kind of fit in a whole other level of how much you love to travel and each collection is inspired by your different location because you love well, really your big teacher. You say this all the time, but you love teaching, so you're teaching people about how to choose themselves and really inspiring that whole movement. And you also want to teach people about traveling and how important it is to expand your little circle. And so I feel like that is only natural that those two things, which are the most important things to have come together in this brand. So yeah, I think that now each collection is themed after different location, and the underlying theme is definitely inspiring women to choose themselves, giving them an opportunity to choose themselves first thing when they wake up, which is choosing their outfit choice of the day. Yeah, yeah, it's so true.
Speaker 1: I mean that was something that was really important to your dad and I. Raising you three girls was exposing you to the rest of the world and really opening your eyes eyes to it's not all about you, and it's not all about all the blessings that we have in our life. Let's go explore. Let's see other lifestyles, Let's feel other feelings and smell other smells and see other sites. So that was a huge part of your upbringing, which travel, and I'm so happy to have been able to provide you guys with that because yeah, I love to travel, and that you know, we thought about like, oh, we're going to do monthly drops right with the brand on QVC. And I thought ahead, like, how am I going to be inspired every month? What's going to be the motivation? Because I needed some like why behind it every month, not just the initial one, you know. And so I thought, what if we do it with our love to travel, our love for travel. What if we do it inspired by the places that we love the most? So we started our collection. Our first, our debut collection, is inspired by Big Sir, California, on the central coast of gorgeous California. It's so beautiful our home state. We love California, you guys, I really do. I'm not from California, but you are born and bred La girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, true California girl. And I wanted people to feel the way I felt when I visit Big Sir. It is such a magical place. It's so inspirational, and there's something that's so introspective about it.
Speaker 2: It really has you.
Speaker 1: You go into yourself and you think big thoughts there, and you ask yourself big questions there For some of there's some mystic that's such a good way to put it. Something in the air there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, so our first.
Speaker 1: Collection is kind of inspired by that, like the color.
Speaker 2: To color palettes. All the prints are inspired by the ocean. The myst played a big component and a lot of our inspiration, and just the history and our family history up going up and down the coast over there played a really big role. And my upbringing and our lives together.
Speaker 1: I know that the woods, the trees that are on the beaches there, with the sand, everything, we tried to work it in. All of our color ways are inspired by the sea, moss, the seagrass, the sand, the coral, the shells, the ocean, all of it. We brought it all in because we really want people to feel like they went on a trip with us in our clothes somehow or just like in the collection as a whole.
Speaker 2: Definitely, and it's kind of clothes.
Speaker 1: That you would want to wear in that kind of world. For me, one of the biggest things was I wanted to create a world for our customers like when they see each collection, each drop, I wanted them to feel like that is a gorgeous place I want to go. I want to be there in those clothes and I want to feel that way that the Jenny feels there, and I think that we are really doing a good job. I'm trying to get that message through. Okay, So we have big sir as our first our debut drop and coming up next month's.
Speaker 2: Should we say it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I should? I don't know. Should we keep it a surprise?
Speaker 1: You're right, we have You have to wait.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, only about a month until you find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna love our next destination.
Speaker 2: It's so special to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's special to the whole family. Okay, sorry, I won't spill the beans about that. Then. I think it's kind of cool. And I didn't go into it with this intention, But what has developed from our working together and our style of working is that I have my point of view and my perspective for a person of my age, and you have your perspective for a person of your age. So it's really a mix of It's a multi generational kind of vibe that a lot of different people can wear, right mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I think that we always share clothes, we share everything, but I always come in your closet and steel clothes, and you come in my closet and steel clothes and somehow it works, even though we're different in age and have different styles, it works. So I feel like we really really inspired by that, and we want to provide that because it's so special to see how you want to style the clothes that I have, and how I style the clothes that you have, and even with my sisters, it is really special. And so I think that that was a big element to the brand, was figuring out ways that we can design stuff for maybe grandma's and moms and daughters and granddaughters to all share somehow with different styling, and it's just a way to kind of connect everybody and solidify this big support unit of really I choose me movement.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And yeah it's true. I can walk into my house any given day and see somebody in my clothes, or if I can't see it, I know one of these is probably wearing my underwear.
Speaker 2: So there's I mean, my older sist, it takes clothes from my grandma.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Every time Luca visits Mimi, she wears she borrows her underwear. I know that freaks people out, but this is true. You can take it up with Luca and I don't even think Mimi knows what's happening.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: Why don't you describe to our friends, like what our goal was and how we want her to feel when she wears one of our pieces.
Speaker 2: So a lot of the pieces in this collection are interchangeable, so you can style our tops with different genes, and our genes with our skirts or whatever. You can kind of mix and match everything. And I feel like, for me, the most important thing is self expression and being comfortable. And I think that if you're those two things, I think that inherently you have a sense of confidence. If you're able to really feel authentically yourself and also feel comfortable, then you've won the lottery. So I feel like our genes are so so comfortable.
Speaker 1: Should we tell them about the genes? Yeah, let's do all of our cordenum for our launch and beyond is reprieve Our Oceans. We're working with a company called reprieve Our Oceans. And do you want to tell them?
Speaker 2: I don't really know how it works. It spins polyester with plastic bottles or how does it work?
Speaker 1: Okay, they take bottles, plastic bottles that are inevitably their ocean bound. That means they're inevitably going to end up in our ocean. As I mean, I think like upwards of seventy percent of the trash ends up in the oceans, and so we're doing what we can to eliminate plastic bottles from going in the ocean. And they take the plastic and they do something magical to it and spin it into a polyester, which, interestingly enough, polyester used to be like a bad word in the fashion industry. Nobody wanted polyester, nobody wants to wear it, nobody wants to sell it. Now everybody sells it, and it's so versatile because you can do a lot of ecoconscious m designs with it now and one of them is this plastic bottle. How many bottles I'm gonna quiz her right now, how many bottles is in a pair of our Jennifer Denim.
Speaker 2: I think it's something like eight bottles.
Speaker 1: You are incorrect, No, it is six. No more, it's sixteen bottles.
Speaker 2: In one pair of genes. Yes, I missed that fact. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, next question, how many plastic bottles were used in the making of the roxy jumper?
Speaker 2: That one, I have to say eighteen higher, higher, twenty two.
Speaker 1: Twenty three, Ding Ding Ding Ding.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing though, I'm really proud of you for remembering.
Speaker 1: I know it's numbers too, which don't work with me. I'm really excited about that. That's like one of the most motivating things for me is being given the opportunity by QBC to put some eco consciousness into the brand. And really that has been on the forefront for you and I really pushing, pushing, pushing, where is it. How can we incorporate this into the brand? How can we decrease the footprint a little bit. Let's all work together on this, and they have been so responsive to that and seeking out different fabrics for us and different manufacturers that are all doing good, good work out there. So it's I'm really excited about all the bottles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: And it gives the denim this like little touch of.
Speaker 2: Stretch, yeah, and compression almost.
Speaker 1: Like it makes your butt look good, you guys, okay AnyWho. That's one of the most things we're most excited about is our denim collection. We have two pairs of Genes.
Speaker 2: Jans, a jumper, the denim jacket, oh yes, jacket, and that's just in month one.
Speaker 1: That's just a month one. God, what would you say your favorite pieces from the first draw.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I really love oh it's and it's in the skirt too, our denim skirt. The denim skirt's one of my favorites. And I also really love our bay woven blouse. I feel like it makes me feel like such a girly girl. Makes me feel so elegant and pretty.
Speaker 1: I love that it is so it's like sophisticated but delicate and feminine at the same time.
Speaker 2: You can dress it up and dress it down. It's very versatile.
Speaker 1: And the colors, all the colors, we have so many colors in that shirt available. We put that shirt on Aunt Wendy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which is a big deal. I don't think I've ever seen Aunt Wendy wear something that nice.
Speaker 1: No, like that girly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she looked radiant and.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, and she felt so confident, like she I've never seen her smiles like it came from such a deep part down inside her.
Speaker 1: You know what she said, She said, if you ever need me to model it, I have to know. I mean, I don't know how to be a model, but I try.
Speaker 2: She would be so good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it would be genius. My favorite favorite piece from our first drop is the Sailor Satin. Oh yeah, slip dress. Okay, when I say slip dress, people might get nervous and think, oh, I can't wear a slip dress. That's too provocative, that's too revealing and too whatever. But the slip dress is like none I've ever worn before because of the quality. I mean, the fabric is like the most forgiving satin you'll ever wear, so durable, so soft. I'm really selling this hard right now, you guys. I'm sorry, but we're just so proud of everything. And it has this beautiful lace detail on it.
Speaker 2: And it has good movement. It's just such a pretty dress.
Speaker 1: And the design mode feels and the straps yea designed to be just wide enough to hide your brass straps if you can still want to wear a brath, if you want to go brawls, Yeah, go for it, you do you.
Speaker 2: The design team's really excited about that one too, which is good.
Speaker 1: I think everybody that's sees that one loves it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was wondering what it was like for you to decide to do this brand after acting for so long. What kind of inspired you to make this shift?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good question, I think. You know, as you get older, you learn so much about yourself, you learn what you like you don't like, and you reach a point at a certain age in your life where inevitably we all start to ask ourselves those questions, like what do I want for this next chapter in my life? Because you know, I've spent the last part of my life raising you girls and giving everything I could to you and to my work and to my husband's and sorry, and I I just kind of had to kind of stop thinking about other people for just a minute and get clear on what I wanted. And that was a question I think all of us ask at some point. Maybe you haven't asked that yet, but like what's my purpose? There are a million books written on it, there's a million self help podcasts about it. But I was asking those questions, and I really came to a place of just listening to the rumblings, like you know, the signs, the energy that I was getting back. Because there is nobody that's going to come in and answer that question for you. You have to find the answer within yourself. Yeah, and I sought for a good while and then I just it came to me one day, like literally a light switch where I thought, oh my god, it's I choose me, It's I choose me. Let's take it forward, Let's pay that forward and keep on going with that because it's been so important to so many people, and it's meant so much, and it means so much and it has there's so much meaning behind it in so many different ways for whoever, you know, how are they're applying into their lives. And I was in that moment for myself, like like I said, like ready to take care of myself a little bit more and spend a little bit more time thinking about what I wanted to make me happy. And that's when I decided to just go all in and pivot my direction. Stop waiting for the phone to ring with somebody to give me my next job, stop pushing on put my own, you know, pushing us hard on my own like producing projects, and just really give all my energy to the brand and seeing where it could go. And I knew from the very beginning when that light switch happened, where big picture, where I wanted it to go. And I haven't written on my vision or like all the different places I want to take the brand, and it's we're just knocking them off left and right, and it's just all falling into place in the most beautiful, synergistic way. And I had never thought that that would be so clear, because I've always wondered, am I on the right path? It's this right, Am I doing enough? And I feel like this is fulfilling those needs inside of me and those wants to do more and help people in some way. So that was like a big I Choose me moment for me, was making that shift just even mentally.
Speaker 2: What a cool feeling for that purpose to kind of click for you so almost easily.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, it felt like a struggle. I don't think I really shared it that much with you girls, but I was really struggling internally.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing a switch in how your energy really like once you came to us with this big concept. You had a different type of flame to you, really, and you had such passion and such drive and I hadn't seen you like that in a while. So I'm happy to see it paying off. I know, just this is just the beginning.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm so happy to be you know, Modeling it for you guys, and you know, hopefully, I just I know you guys are all gonna sore in life. But it makes me feel so honored to be able to give you that message. I remember our first design meeting at Studio Park at QBC headquarters in Westchester, Pennsylvania, and we walked into this giant boardroom table. I mean like maybe fifteen people around the table, and I just walked in there, and you walked in behind me, and you sat down and you were quiet as a little mouse, and I think you were really overwhelmed, probably and afraid to like speak up. You didn't really know what to say or what what was it? You know, you were overwhelmed. That's okay because that was a brand new experience for you, and it's a big room to sort of take command of when you're in charge.
Speaker 2: And I don't do well in those situations.
Speaker 1: No, But this is the thing I've learned about you, is you actually do do yes. I said do do Sorry, you do well in those types of situations. You just build it up in your head and think and panic beforehand and tell yourself all the wrong message. I can't I'm scared, and there's no reason for me to be here. All those things play out in your head and then you turn it around sometime when you somehow when you start talking, and then you realize, hey, look at me, I actually do have a voice, I do have a seat at this table. I am here for a reason. What was there? Was there a moment for you where that that shifted because you were so trepidacious in the very beginning.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I feel like it's a really tricky thing to navigate because I didn't necessarily earn a spot at this table. The only one that really is vouching for me is you, and you really trust what I say, so I'm very much an extension of you. So I think that was a big part of it. But I remember being so nervous, and I think that having your support and honestly, QBC the design team, when I say something, they really listen, And I think that that was really important for me because I've never really had that feeling before where I was like, maybe I what I am saying is a or this means something to somebody, and sometimes they would say that's a good idea, and it's just they're so encouraging. So that support unit is really really, I think what got me through that, but I was so nervous in the beginning, and I do think i've come quite far as I'm very grateful it's helped me in so many different way.
Speaker 1: What do you think some of the ways are that it's helped you, Like, what's the biggest What would you say the biggest takeaway that you've learned about yourself through this crazy experience? You say that is I.
Speaker 2: Think it's exactly what you were saying. I like to say that I am really shy and I don't like being in front of any cameras or having any attention on me, and that's true. But I think that when I do feel really passionate about something, which is this brand, I have a million things to say and a million ideas, and so it was really a very nurturing environment to be in where my ideas were of value to people and they were excited about them. And I really appreciate you. You've never once made me feel like I don't long at that, And those meetings are at that table and you ask me questions in front of everybody, and we're really doing this together, and I really appreciate that because it's helped me in so many ways.
Speaker 1: I've seen you blossom and.
Speaker 2: I feel it too, which is really, really, really a good feeling.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm so proudy I feel like crying out. I really am. You can't imagine how far she's come from. Yeah, being that meek shy I don't belong here to being like, hey, I'm the co designer and I have a lot of she's actually in charge of She's like the what's the se I'm the CEO. If I'm the CEO of me, which, by the way, I've always said, everybody's ever said, like, what do you do? You were accidentally manifesting it. The whole time was years and years ago. I would be jokingly, I would say, I'm the CEO of me, just like yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now you are, and now I am so funny.
Speaker 1: Well, if I'm the CEO, what would the second in command's title be? Oh wow, she's vice president of the brand. You are the vice president of a brand now at twenty one years old, and you are an intrical part of it. You're not just a little helper. You are in charge of every aspect, every organization of months and collections and samples and shipments and communications and photo shoots. Literally every part of it is better because of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I try to be as helpful as I can. That means a lot you are.
Speaker 1: I could not do this without you. Were there any moments when we had any kind of like you know how like when mother and daughter. We are pretty on the same page about most everything, and you know, there's times when we see things differently we choose to disagree. Have there been any moments like that?
Speaker 2: I feel like we are usually on the same page. Definitely. There's been things that we don't agree on, and when I really believe in it, I'll fight you for it and we'll see what happens. But at the end of the day, it's your call. So I really do feel like we're aligned on a lot though, so it hasn't been too bad.
Speaker 1: And I do I turn to you and I say, what do you think, Lola?
Speaker 2: And you have such an open mind. I'll say something and it maybe a little out there, and you'll think about it, and sometimes you'll say, let's try it, and sometimes you'll say maybe not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love collaboration, and there's nothing better than being able to collaborate on something like this. With somebody I trust implicitly and I know has my same eye for design and taste for style. So you are the best VP in the world.
Speaker 2: You're the best CEO of me.
Speaker 1: We should sign you up and you could be the VP with Kamala or oh whoever.
Speaker 2: This is taking a job taking.
Speaker 1: Let's go, girl. I'm here to encourage you. Wow. I don't know if I'm ready for that, dominating you right here, right now for Vice President the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, here's the real question.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lola, Yes, what was your last I Choose me moment?
Speaker 2: What a good question. I feel as if you have inspired us, like we always are having I Choose Me moments, me and my sisters, and maybe we don't even realize it's happening. I would say one of the biggest decisions that I've had to make, the one that was such a struggle for me, was moving back to LA during school. I was going to school in New York, moved back to LA and that felt like such a giant decision. And you, without saying, really, I choose me, and we weren't there yet in our lives, but you definitely were, like, what do you want to do what do you think is best for you, don't think about what anybody else is doing, don't think about the traditional path of college whatever. And you really supported me through that, and I think that that really helped me. And looking back, I think that is definitely the biggest I Choose Me moment because since that day, I've grown so much and I don't know if it would have been the same if I had stayed in the city that we're in today.
Speaker 1: So I love that. Yeah, that was a huge moment for you, and you made the right call you did. You chose what was right for you, and it was.
Speaker 2: Hard for me, but you really supported me through that, So I'm very grateful and lucky.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad that you live at home. I can't even tell you. It's the best when your kids leave and come back. Okay, well, we've got to go and finish getting ready for this launch party. So excited and Lola, thank you for being with me on the podcast. I know I had to twist your arm to do this, but you did such a good job.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: This is really exciting and I'm so happy that you're all coming on this journey with me. We started out from zero. We're you know, go and full steam ahead, and we have so much to learn and so much to grow into with this brand, and it's just really feel so fun and supportive to have all of your support behind us. So thank you everybody for listening. The fashion line is called Me by Jenny Garth and it is now available on KBC dot com, so you can go check it out and you can follow us on the insta at Me by Jenny Garth. It's really pretty. You don't want to check that out. And here's the thing. As we continue to choose ourselves each week, I want to challenge you to something new this week. I want you to think about the last time you did something that scared you, like me starting this new fashion line. It's scary, y'all, but I'm so glad I did it. I'll be able to cherish these memories with my daughter forever. Big scary things or little scary things. When is the last time you pushed yourself to try something out of your comfort zone? I want you to think about that. Sometimes the things that make us grow the most are when we step into unfamiliar places. Thanks for listening to I Choose Me You can check out all of our social links on our show notes. Make sure to follow, rate, and review the podcast, and use the hashtag I Choose me. I will be right here next week. I hope you choose to be here too,