Speaker 1: Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bessie's Today on the bright Side, we're popping off unditioning on the biggest pop culture stories of the week with Emmy nominated TV host, journalist and fashion designer Nina Parker. Which a listerer is asking her eight year old son to sign a legal contract? Is there an appropriate age gap when dating? And is September twenty eighth the end for Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey? Ooh, maybe a penalty on that play. It's Friday, September sixth. I'm Simone Boyce.
Speaker 3: I'm Danielle Robe and this is the bright Side from Hello Sunshine, a daily show where we come together to share women's stories, to laugh, learn and brighten your day.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's Friday, y'all, and what a fun week we've had here on the show.
Speaker 3: Simone, I still can't stop thinking about all the wisdom that Julia Borsten shared about navigating the workplace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in my perceived weakness is actually my strength.
Speaker 4: Era.
Speaker 2: I learned that from Julia and I'll also be tuning in to watch our Hello Sunshine. Bestie Sophie Morgan hosts the Paralympics. So excited for her she deserves this moment so much.
Speaker 3: I agree, and she's our Hello Sunshine Sis. All Right, you know what else I'm excited about?
Speaker 5: Couldn't Is it maybe a little popping off?
Speaker 3: You know? I love this part of the week. Let's pop off me too.
Speaker 2: Okay, But first, Danielle, before we go there, it's actually time to spotlight our favorite moment of the week, brought to you by our friends at BMW.
Speaker 5: This week, we're spotlighting Margaret w Renkell.
Speaker 2: She's the author of the Comfort of Crows, which is the one hundredth Reese's Book Club Pick, but she also has a really special connection to Reese Witherspoon herself. They go way back because Margaret w Renkell was actually Reese's high school English teacher.
Speaker 1: It's so special.
Speaker 3: Margaret posted about the book club pick on her Instagram earlier this week and describe Reese as a force for joy and justice from the moment she met her when she was fifteen years old. She went on to say that being RBC's one hundredth pick is the honor of her life and teaching Reese as a teenager was one of her life's greatest joys. I almost cried saying that just now, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's so beautiful and so sweet. I totally get it.
Speaker 2: Danielle and Reese also had a few words to share about Margaret's profound impact on her life.
Speaker 4: This is gonna make me cry, but I.
Speaker 5: You taught me. Oh God, you're gonna make me cry.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 5: Everybody cry. But you taught me so much.
Speaker 4: You saw something in me and encouraged me. And I was reading by myself sort of secretly because it was my private place to go, which was reading books, was escaped everything and high school could be really hard.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, now everybody's crying. I don't know what to say except for congrats to Margaret Renkel and a huge shout out to all of the teachers out there making an impact and such a positive impact on their students' lives. I remember teachers that really did that for me, and it just goes beyond words.
Speaker 1: We see you and we appreciate you.
Speaker 5: All right, Danielle, let's officially pop off.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it. Joining us today is Nina Parker. She's an Emmy nominated TV host, journalist, fashion designer, and the creator of the Nina Parker Collection.
Speaker 1: At Macy's. Nina, welcome to the bright Side.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me. I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 3: We're so happy to have you. You always bring the energy and the opinion.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you. Try I try sometimes too much.
Speaker 1: No, it's never too much. You bring it. That's what people want for Like, that's what they love about it.
Speaker 5: It's what they love.
Speaker 6: Is some hate, but it's you don't get it regardless.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, we have True Entertainment News Royalty in the building today.
Speaker 5: I need to come here every day.
Speaker 2: We are so pumped to have Unina. But I want to talk to you about your collection at Macy's because you're wearing it right now.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: And it made you the founder of the first black woman owned brand to launch a plus size line exclusively for Macy's. That is so cool, just number one. That's incredible. What has been the most rewarding part of this for you?
Speaker 6: You know what's crazy is that I really started my collection out of frustration because I was like, y'all can give big girls cue clothes, Like what is going on? Y'all want me to wear moons? Like what why do I have to look like this? Where I'm shopping with my skinny counterparts and I can only buy a purse or some accessories because they just decided to stop making jeans at a size ten. It just was always so crazy to me. I didn't reinvent the wheel. I just made what I knew women wanted. And it's so funny because you always hear networks and corporations telling you what people want, but they're not really listening. It's like what they want them to want. And for me, I felt like I'm on the ground, like I'm actually a plus sized girl. I know what I want and I'm feeling like I can feel out what other women want.
Speaker 5: So that's really like how it started.
Speaker 6: And it's been so fulfilling because I just have women reaching out to me like, girl, I just wanted some jeens that stretched the proper way, like thank you for making that, And it's just it's crazy that there's not enough brands that do that. So it's just been incredibly fulfilling. I never thought fashion would match my love for TV because I'm such a TV girly, but it's about equal, Like it's really really dope.
Speaker 1: Where does the inspo come for you?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 5: Just being in the street, like not in a street like that, but.
Speaker 6: I'm not outside like that, but I mean like just being out and being like, oh, there's a new style, right, let's say cargo jeans like last year when they were really big and I couldn't find a proper pair and plus and I was like, let's just make it then, you know, even like the jacket that I have on where I'm just like I just want to throw on a T shirt and like a cute little jacket that fits me that you know, will go around all my curves and still look really cool, Like can I get that? Like it just you'd be surprised. The hardest to find, even like a cute plus jean jacket. So it really was like I'll see, like if I saw your outfit, like I'll ask girls, can I take a picture of you not include the head and be like I'm gonna make this in plus and then also just regular general items that you need, like a stretch, long sleeved T shirt. So we're to the airport that I couldn't find the plus stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, So you said that your love of fashion matches your love of TV, and you are hosting the upcoming season eleven of the Basketball Wise reunion, you posted a pic of yourself on set that had Instagram and a little bit of a flirty Nina, because it there's the whole seating chart of the cast there, and then we noticed that there was one seat that had a question mark over it. What surprises do you have in store for us?
Speaker 6: You know it's gonna be a little pop in. Yeah, someone's gonna, you know, do a little pop in. Maybe a pull up if you will. You know, I love I love a pull up when it's not for me, yeh, don't.
Speaker 5: Pull up on me. It's yeah, but when is? You know when is? Orchestrat Gron said, I like it.
Speaker 6: So you know there's gonna be a couple of things this reunion that I think people are going to be shocked by. And you know, as a fan of the show, was fun to be a part of it. I'm glad I'm not in any other drama, so I'm just an innocent bystander hosting the show.
Speaker 5: I don't have a dog in the fight. Okay, I have a question, Nina.
Speaker 2: I've never hosted one of these reunions, so I'm curious what happens when the cameras stop rolling, does the drama continue or does everybody kind of put that facade away and they're just like cool with each other.
Speaker 6: It's I'm done loving hip hop. I did Love and Hip Hop reunions for fire. That was crazy because it was like that was more toxic because it was like metal detectors and security had to follow everybody.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: The Cardi famously threw a shoe at someone and it almost hit me in the face.
Speaker 5: So I've done.
Speaker 6: You know, she follows me to this day because I did the reunions and that's how I met her. But those were ten times more crazy because they fought like I mean, these people were fighting like it was it was too much. They were physically fighting each other. There was metal detectors, security guards like you know, it was. It was insane. I wouldn't do that again. This is different. This is this is just more arguing. These are people who have disagreements. They yell, but you know, people aren't trying to square it. And so that's better because you're able to get when some when people are about to get physical and they have to be separated, you can't have any rational conversations with them, so for me, it's harder to do my job. I know, as a viewer it's probably maybe fun to watch people get that crazy, But at one point on Love and Hip Hop, we have people running in from the audience trying to fight the cast members. I was like, this is too much. Like I get this at my family reunions. I don't need this at work. So that part is crazy, but it is really fun. If you're a fan of the show, you get to really for me, I orchestrate some of those questions because I want to know the answers, and not everything is included, unfortunately with edits, but it really is a time I think to get answers, to have people clarify, and a lot of times people talk in circles and there really is no rationale to the drama, which lets.
Speaker 5: You know, some people enjoy it.
Speaker 6: But it's really fun for me because I'm just you know, I'm the last day of Libra, first day of Scorpio. I'm a little bit cuspy, and I like to investigate, so I like justice and I like to be a detective. You know, a Scorpio, you know, they like to be a detective. So I like to dive in.
Speaker 1: I think that's what makes you so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I would love to keep Kei kiing, but we do have so many pop culture topics that we need to sound off on, so let's go ahead and get started. First up on my radar is Kim Kardashian and an interesting parenting move.
Speaker 5: Nina.
Speaker 2: You may not know this about me, but I have two little boys, so I'm always looking into other people's parenting strategies and philosophies.
Speaker 5: So here's a deal.
Speaker 2: Earlier this week, Kim hinted that the next generation of Kardashians will be joining their influencer dynasty. Specifically, we're talking about her eight year old son, Saint West and his burgeoning YouTube channel. But what's dominating the headlines right now is that in order for Saint West to start this channel, Kim is putting your law degree to good use by making him sign a contract. So, in an Instagram story, she wrote, I finally allowed Saint to have a YouTube channel after signing an extensive contract.
Speaker 5: Lol.
Speaker 2: Please subscribe now my radar. First one up when I heard about a contract, because I was like, please, God, tell me we're not already separating out fees and royalties for an eight year old YouTuber. But that's not what's happening here. So she posted a glimpse into this handwritten contract, which included terms and conditions like, I Saint West agreed to follow my mom's rules in order to have a YouTube channel, and quote, I am not allowed to film any personal information. So what do we think about making an eight year old sign a contract?
Speaker 5: I love this, yeah, because.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously she's being cheeky, so I mean, but it is Kim, So I wouldn't be surprised if it was binding.
Speaker 1: In the fine print an attorney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, it's fifty percent of the problem fine print something like that.
Speaker 1: She did learn from her mom, the mamager of all momgers.
Speaker 6: Well, this is just really a refined way of saying, don't take family business outside the house. Yeah, if you were young, I don't know about y'all, but growing up in my black household, we were told, don't you take this family business outside.
Speaker 5: Don't you be telling people our business. That was a conversation.
Speaker 6: I had a lot as a kid to like not repeat what my mom and dad were saying outside. And you know, videotaping wasn't a thing back then. But maybe this is just like that version of like hush up, yeah.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like has kids feel responsible for themselves and for their family.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of cool she's.
Speaker 5: Raising little you know, businessmen and women. I really love this. This is something I might do as a parent.
Speaker 2: I really hope that my kids never come to me and ask me for a YouTube channel before eighteen. But what I love about this is kind of like what you were saying, Danielle. It's teaching them good habits whenever they do want to become an entrepreneur. It's showing them you need to get an agreement down on paper. Both parties need to understand the terms. I think this is setting her kids up for success.
Speaker 5: I'm here for it. I like the thinking of it.
Speaker 6: You would be surprised how many people still do not like, know how to deal with contracts, read contracts, even know what they're signing. So, I mean, I think we talk about teaching our kids financial literacy, we need to teach them contractual literacy too, and this is just a better way to get him to learn his abcs in my opinion, right, I love it.
Speaker 3: Well, there's another controversial contract that's making news this week. I was all over this one. I'm not gonna lie. I wish I wasn't. But there was an apparent leak document that was posted to Reddit, and it laid out a breakup plan for Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey. Here's the thing. The contract was and is questionable. It was printed alongside the full scope public relations logo, which is like this LA based firm that represents Kelsey and other celebrities, but it details the plan of how the firm is going to handle a Swift Kelsey breakup. It's a pre planned document basically, and it was dated for September twenty eighth. It included things like how the separation should be announced, the exact wording, the timing off the bat. Travis's team shut it down and called it fake.
Speaker 1: The Internet didn't think.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, I don't know. Some people don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Like the Internet is not smart, all right, there's a percentage of the Internet that is smart.
Speaker 1: I think the Internet knows a lot.
Speaker 6: I think the Internet knows a lot, but I don't think people know, like how the inner workings of entertainment work. So they assume a lot and a lot of it is like just not true, you know, Like it's just I see people commenting all the time, and I always say, like, you know, folks love to be masters of none, like you got an opinion on everything. But I don't actually think even if they did have this, I don't think they would be dumb enough to put it on paper like and send it around to the office.
Speaker 3: Unless this was a contract, like a contractual relationship to begin with.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think it is.
Speaker 6: But it's not that that hasn't happened, but I just think it's not going to be easily accessible.
Speaker 5: Right right.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think what Nina said is just like sure, there's a possibility that this relationship was staged. However, this public relations firm is not going to be wrecked so reckless that they're just going to like leave this contract around the office. I think what happened here is some troll online when on CANBA they downloaded the PNG of the full scope public relations logo, they slapped it on there. Because the reality is there's no there's no watermarking on this document. If this was a true document, there would be watermarking on it.
Speaker 6: Nobody even like if you get an email from these like this is what I'm saying, Like, this is their job, this PR it's literally a PR company. But people don't use like the letterhead like that. Who uses it's like a white House letterhead. You know, it's just not even like people don't do that, So it just looks kind of fake to me. I just think somebody was bored over Labor Day.
Speaker 1: We can't. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I guess here's the overarching question that at was swirling in my mind. Do you think like Travis got into this relationship with a contingency plan of like like how are you going to break up with Taylor Swift? And let me back up and just say he's always kind of wanted a career outside of football. Remember he did that dating reality show on E So now he's actually making a ton of money from this relationship. He just signed one hundred million dollar podcast contract with his brother.
Speaker 1: He's producing movies.
Speaker 3: He's about to star in a few like non star Myke cameos in a few movies. I don't know how you break up with Taylor Swift, Like we've seen the backlash of that.
Speaker 5: I think she would have to break up with him.
Speaker 6: I don't think I think he I think I don't think he wants the relationship to end.
Speaker 3: I look good. I hope not. Yeah, I want them to get married and live after. Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't care either way.
Speaker 6: You know, I feel like it's a little like their relationship is very like gum drops and rainbows for me, Like it's a little young feeling to me, So I don't invest in it. But I think it's like you know, and if she's happy, I'm happy for her. But I think like I could see them getting married, you know, I don't see it ending anytime soon. It seems like they get along pretty well and listen, it doesn't hurt. Like I've seen people call Travis an opportunist, and I don't think that's true because he has his own career. But I could see why it would be comforting to be with someone who listen. I would love to be with someone who we increase each other's value, Like that's not a bad thing, Like it's a partnership. And sometimes partnerships don't mean you're working together. But even just I mean, I get more likes on Instagram when I post a guy. Really, people are just invested in relationships, and for whatever reason, people like to see like relationships win for the most part, and they invest in them more. It seems like when you have a partner. That's what I notice on social media. If I post a guy, I get like double the likes. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I do think it gets risky when you start to commodify your relationship and you start to essentially monetize your relationship, because that's what they're doing. And I think that I think we've seen that in the past, Like even with like reality TV stars people from The Bachelor, they've talked about how once they started to really monetize their relationship and the public eye, then things started to get a bit tricky for them, you know, inside the walls of their own home.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh, you've also seen it work really well with Beyonce and jay Z, and you know, I mean, I think relationships are tricky in general. So I guess it's it's an industry is so weird, and entertainment is so weird because it's not like if he's a doctor and I'm you know, a therapist there our careers can kind of be intertwined, but not really right because we're kind of in different lanes. With entertainment, everything is so infused. It's almost natural to work like you work with your friends, like I know you. You're asking me here, like it's it's always it's gets so infused together. I think it would be natural if you're living with someone to kind of combine it at some point point.
Speaker 5: So I wonder if it's hard to not do.
Speaker 3: I think some people enjoy it too. It's part of the game. For Yeah, either way, I want an album about it. I really you can't get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, you don't get one.
Speaker 5: Good at bed. You don't get album from Taylor. That's what I know. An album. Hate to see Taylor coming because she don't sing about it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's gonna go number one either way.
Speaker 5: We get in the top ten hit. Yes, so I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Nina, we're having so much fun. We do need to take a quick break. Don't go anywhere, and we're back to popping off with Nina Parker. Okay, y'all, we got to talk about another relationship that's getting a lot of attention right now. I'm talking about the one between entrepreneur, author and Laguna beach Alam, Kristin Kavalari, and TikTok content creator Mark Estes. Of course, you know the Internet loves to reject in the lives of complete strangers, So people have been pointing out that there is a thirteen year age gap. Cavalari is thirty seven, Estes is twenty four. So I came across an article about this and pop Sugar with this headline quote, Kristen Cavalari's age gap romance sparks debate and really this again, So the writer is just trying to point out this stark double standard that when men date younger women, especially very public men, it goes unnoticed, or at least it doesn't seem like they are bearing the same brunt of the criticism. Like we think about George Clooney, who is seventeen years older than Amala Clooney. Ryan Reynolds is eleven years older than Blake Lively. We know DiCaprio has a well established off twenty year plus age gap, and your uncle Stan is twenty three years older than his fourth wife. So let's not pretend like this isn't happening in real life too.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean it's just a non issue for me.
Speaker 1: I own me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just don't. I don't care. I really don't care. When it's a woman dating a younger.
Speaker 5: Man, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: You know, we're we're ingrained to see in movies, right. We'll see Jack Nicholson in a movie and his wife is thirty and he was seventy years old. So we're ingrained growing up. I never saw these stink pieces growing up. I never saw these think pieces when it was men with women.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 6: Whenever it's the woman, you know, being that in that position of power kind of I guess the older person has the power, or the person with money has the power. It's always a thing when the girl from Bridgerton, when they did Bridgerton, they were like, oh, you know, interercize relationships, and I'm like, there are the size really seen that? Or meaning like a smaller guy with a bigger girl. Oh my god, it's a name now that it's so you know, is now that it's on TV. But it's been happening. We don't need that name. That's so unnecessary.
Speaker 5: But it's I find.
Speaker 6: When it's the woman kind of making these decisions, there's always got to be a conversation about it.
Speaker 5: Get it, how you live?
Speaker 6: Girl, Like, she's been married, she's had her kids, even if she hadn't. I saw this study that says, like women tend to like want older men until they get to like thirty five, and then they start to.
Speaker 5: Go younger, little younger. I'm about to read that.
Speaker 6: I'm there now, chall and most of the men that talk to me are younger than me these days, because the men my age want women who are in their twenties. So you know, it's a weird dynamic. But I'm just at this point in my life. I had a really harsher, more judgmental opinion when I was younger, but now I'm like.
Speaker 5: Get how you live, y'all adults? You know, I feel like.
Speaker 6: Over twenty five is a safety zone, so you know, go for it.
Speaker 5: I'm not mad at her.
Speaker 3: So I love that you just said over twenty five because this guy's twenty four. And so for me personally, I don't like to judge other people's relationships. I'm with you, but here's my butt, regardless of gender, man, woman, purple, don't care. I was twenty maybe and I dated a thirty three year old and I loved it.
Speaker 1: At the time, I was so into him. I thought it was so cool.
Speaker 3: And now that I'm thirty three and I look back on it, I feel really icky about it.
Speaker 1: I feel like he took advantage of me.
Speaker 3: I feel like I didn't understand really what I was getting into. And I just think, like, if you're under twenty five, that's a great age, Nina, Like, I'm not sure you're fully aware of what you're getting into, you.
Speaker 6: Know, twenty You know, there are very few people who are you know, I mean there are people who are at thirty who aren't mature. So I do agree, like twenty two is pushing it, you know, twenty three, twenty four, twenty five to me is still very young. Yeah, and especially for man. But you know, Kristin out here living honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it works for you, that's all good.
Speaker 3: I just I know how I feel about it in hindsight, and so it hurts my heart a little because I'm like, I wonder how they're going to look back on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I do feel like he seems really invested in a relationship. But I look back now in my early twenties and I really was just a glorified teenager, you know what I mean until at least probably graduated college and moved out and like really had to live an adulting life. So yeah, it's tricky, but she seems really happy. She says she's having the best sex of her life. I bet she is, honey, I bet she is. She ain't have to stop down and nothing needed a little time.
Speaker 5: They need a poll, moddy, Yeah, she can just keep on going. Good for her getting that workout.
Speaker 3: Okay, this one, I really want both of your opinions on. Do you remember Resa Tisa of course from TikTok of course?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so if anybody doesn't, Resa Tisa went absolutely viral in a way we had an seen before, and she did like a fifty sixty part Kicktok story detailing how her ex husband played her like play by play.
Speaker 1: He was a real con artist. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now they are making a series about her life and this story called who the F Did I Marry?
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: It is getting the TV treatment.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Is this a first?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Because Zola happens Sola and and that was and it was a really good movie too.
Speaker 1: That's really big.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's happened as a series, but it's happened as a movie, but it doesn't happen often.
Speaker 3: Usually like it's a flash in the pan type of a thing people get, Like we just saw with Demure right that that creator got a bunch of followers. I don't know where it goes, but usually they get signed to talent managers, make some money with brands, and here we.
Speaker 1: Go, We're having Natasha Rothwell on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh you are I love her, no love her and you can do no wrong.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: So after a competitive bidding war, it's going to be developed and written by Natasha roth Well.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Who's going to start and produce in it? It's pretty big.
Speaker 5: I can't wait. I'm trying to get my clothes in it.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you should know, I'm I'm We're we're all read by the same agency too, So I'm working on it because I'm like, oh, y'all.
Speaker 5: Could y'all let me send you some clothes for this show?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about this actual show for a minute, though, because this is this is the kind of content that I need. Because Danielle, I think you mentioned that it was a total of fifty videos and it amassed like over eight hours of content in this whole series that Resa Tisa created. I don't have time to watch eight hours of someone oh no talking to me on so I need the abridged television version.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 3: So it's funny you say that because there were actually videos that were recapping the entire thing in three to five minutes.
Speaker 5: That's what I watch totally, Okay. I wish I would watch that.
Speaker 6: I wish I would sit and watch somebody talk in today, phone in a call for fifty hours or whatever how long it was a lady lady. I got things to do. But I watched threecaps and the recaps were juicy. But ain't no way I was watching that. She was taking down her curls in one be I was like, girl, get off my phone, like this is too much. Got it worked for her, so that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for me too.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy for Natasha Rothwell too. She's someone who has been such a force, you know, behind the scenes for so many years in Hollywood as a writer on SNL, as a writer on Insecure, and then she broke out as a performer, and you know, she's been on her table shows like White lotus. I love that she is has the agency right now, yeah, to create and star and produce this show.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited for her.
Speaker 6: I just DMed her and was like, I'm so happy for you. I genuinely am just happy to see her win. And she's so talented. So it would have depended on who was associated with this if I was gonna watch. I'm one hundred percent locking in now, not because of Resa Tisa, but because of Natasha.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it's so cool that you messaged her. Do you remember because we all came up in the same industry, people were so mean to us. They were not supportive, and our generation I think totally changed that everybody's rooting for each other.
Speaker 5: You know, for the.
Speaker 6: Most part, you know, this is a couple who ain't rooting for you but not you. But I'm saying, don't get a couple of negatives. Let's talk not you.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know a lot of people everyone loves you, but you know, sometimes you get haters.
Speaker 6: But for the most part, do you feel like we're in a very like supportive growth girls industry And you're right, like it was pretty vicious and it's still can be. You know, you still get stuff that gets back to you and you're like, dang. Like I am very much of the belief that there's no a bun's for us all. So I try to be as supportive as I can on the back end to women who I admire, who I'm excited about, you know, when I can eventually see they content because Instagram suppresses everything these days, so I'll be you know, I might be a little late to the congratulations, but once I see it, I'm there.
Speaker 2: Well, Nina, this has been so much fun. I'm sorry I couldn't be there in studio, but thank you so much for popping off with us today.
Speaker 6: Oh man, this was the highlight of my day. Thank you guys so much for having me Nina.
Speaker 1: Thanks for bringing the sunshine.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: Nina Parker is an Emmy nominated TV host, journalist, fashion designer, and she'll be hosting season eleven of The Basketball Wise Reunion on VH one. It's time for another short break, but when we come back, we're sharing What's in our Cart this week. We're back, all right, Simon, It's Friday. Let's get ready for the weekend with What's in Your Cart? Presented by Walmart. This is our weekly segment where we have the opportunity to share a product that we are loving right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Danielle, you know I've got a lot of mouths to feed, right I know you got a lot. You put a little too much grit and soul into that. For me, I'm uncomfortable now.
Speaker 1: It's just you.
Speaker 3: Really, two kids and a husband, a whole man is a lot to feed, I know.
Speaker 2: So of course I get resourceful, you know, I be on the tiktoks looking for the recipes. And also it's been really cool to interview home cooks chefs on this show.
Speaker 5: I've learned so much from them.
Speaker 2: Like we have Camilla Alves McConaughey coming up in one of our upcoming episodes, and she told us about this recipe that is the most in demand recipe in her house. It's her honey chicken and I actually just tried making it and it came out really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are the recipe chemistry master. I'm so glad this turned out. Although sometimes you say that and then Michael tastes it and he doesn't agree, So I need to hear from Michael if it was really delicious.
Speaker 2: This one is certified Michael Approved. It's certified Fresh by Michael, so you know it's good. But here's the thing, Danielle. I mean, I love trying out these recipes, but my kitchen just it becomes a mess as I'm like doing meal prep and it's so chaotic, and I always am looking for a place to put my leftovers because one thing about me, I really struggle with tupperware.
Speaker 5: It's my weakness in life.
Speaker 1: Do I need to send you some tupperware?
Speaker 2: Well, I would say yes, but actually I just found the best thing on Walmart dot com. It's the Full Star fifty pieces meal prep container and food storage container set.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, tell me more.
Speaker 2: So what I like about these is that they're stackable, which means that it makes my fridge look more streamlined. They're BPA free, so we love the non toxic factor there. And they have these snappable lids that keep my recipes from spilling or keep my kids from spilling them once they're inside their lunch box.
Speaker 1: You had me at BPA free.
Speaker 3: I hope you know that I love this, and I promise you, once I learn how to cook, I will stock my pantry with these.
Speaker 1: Thank you. To our partners at Walmart.
Speaker 5: That's it for today's show.
Speaker 2: On Monday, we're talking to Olympic gold medalist, New York Times bestselling author, co founder Family Maid, and winner of Dancing with the Stars. It's Sean Johnson East.
Speaker 3: Listen and follow The bright Side on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. The bright Side is a production of Hello Sunshine and iHeart Podcasts and is executive produced by.
Speaker 2: Reese Witherspoon, production by Arcana Audio. Our producers are Jessica Wenk and Christa Ripple. Our senior producers are Janice Yamoka, IT'SI Kintania and Amy Padulla. Our engineer is PJ. Shahamatt.
Speaker 3: Arcana's executive producers are Francis Harlowe and Abby Ruzika. Arcana's head of production is Matt Schultz.
Speaker 2: Natalie Tullup and Maureen Polo are the executive producer for Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 3: Julia Weaver is the supervising producer, and Ali Perry is the executive producer for iHeart Podcasts. Tim Palazzola is our showrunner.
Speaker 2: This week's episodes were recorded by Josh Hook and Joel Morales. Our theme song is by Anna Stump and Hamilton Lighthouser.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Connell Byrne and Will Pearson.
Speaker 2: I'm Simone Boyce. You can find me at Simone Boice on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 3: And I'm Danielle Robe on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 1: That's ro b a y We'll see you Monday, y'all.
Speaker 2: Keep looking on the bright side.