Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we are taking a deep dive on Dan Quinn and his press conference. Man, we are fired up, and I got so fired up when he's like, we're doing hardship with good people. Kind of feels like this kind of feels like this show a little bit, you know what I'm saying. We're talking rock Whilers or Rottwilers, you decide. We talked Joe Witt Cliff King's very deep dive on their schemes and what they're going to bring to this team. And then we got super Bowl predictions. Man, we can't wait. Check it out now.
Speaker 2: I'm right they wrong.
Speaker 1: Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Red Smooth, that's right, Paul Bunyan, got that red Beard coming through. And Santana Mos. Santana Moss looking excellent as ever with this sweatsuit. Sweatsuit game very strong. And then Fred, you look like Brown. I don't know who that is. You look like a professor.
Speaker 2: You never watched New Jakes. I forgot who I'm talking to. Why do I do that?
Speaker 1: Don't do that?
Speaker 2: All right? Just bigger than a Nino Brown, That's all I almost say.
Speaker 1: It looks like you're like a poetry professor at like Brown. Yeah, that's right. Do you get your car fixed?
Speaker 2: By the way, you know what I got to tire? I forgot in the back seat right now.
Speaker 3: You talk all about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to tire in the back week right, Yeah, I wandered the new tire.
Speaker 3: What did you have that weekend?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: You was probably miserable.
Speaker 2: No, put the spare riding like a whole Listen, friends who do not care for Mississippi listen.
Speaker 1: So you have to spare on the car right now.
Speaker 2: See luckily it's a high end spare.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it looks like a normal tires.
Speaker 3: Don't look like they they don't look.
Speaker 1: Like aren't you with the spare you can only drive it like fifty miles or something.
Speaker 2: No, this one you can drive eighty.
Speaker 4: So the spar I had on my bends that one time, it was like a tree fact check that or a.
Speaker 3: Rye flat or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah right flat?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, so it looks like a normal tire. It's just you don't.
Speaker 2: Want to be I don't want to ride it only too much. But no, I got the new tire in might as well, get the front of in alignment near you know, stuff like that. Me and stuff man, stuff and stuff. Man.
Speaker 1: I don't even really know what you're talking about, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure you had to listen. I'm sure you had to go get a front in the line and a sum on the minivan. You had to do something. Yeah, maybe get the back seat clean out of it, get some of them dirty clean, get the crackers out of the vaginae.
Speaker 3: A couple of cheetos at the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, we got keys to somebody that got keys. If you see an entry going on the eoc AH, you got keys and I got it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely all right. Just reminder were brought to you by Bet three sixty five. At Bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We have every sports should be epic right now. New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at Bet three sixty five. Use the QR code to sign up, deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety and offered by placing about up to a thousand. If you're qualifying bet losers, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or bet and get offer and place a bet of five dollars or morning at one hundred and fifteen bonus bets, whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary a bet three six five. I have official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: MM, hey, you know what, you get a lot better at that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I've had a lot of practice. Gonna read this disclaimer or no.
Speaker 2: Oh yes I will. Disclaimer must be read like the poetry. Poetry reading physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibily if you are someone you know has a gambling problem and you won't hip call one eight hundred gambler. That was good, Fred, I like that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was a heck of a disclaimer there, Thank you. All right, So we got some exciting news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: You know what it is red new new new, new, new, new new news.
Speaker 3: What you mean.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about our guy Dan Quinn at the press conference of the day, and one of my favorite things is when one of the reporters was trying to get him to say rebuild and he just refused to say, he said recalibration. What is your thought on rebuild verse recalibration and general thoughts on Dan Quinn.
Speaker 3: And that says.
Speaker 2: Thing is we bill in the league. If you're retooling now, you just you're gathering up talent. And he was letting you know that. He was saying, we got talent here. They just want coach right now. He didn't want to say that, but guess what, I'm gonna say it for him. I'm his interpreter. Right So, at the end of the day, when he was saying that, it's players here, look at that d life. Yes, players he look at these wide receivers. It's players here. You got Cam Curroll, you got Jamien there. It's players here. There's no excuse for you not winning. So at the end of the day, what he's saying is if we coach the players, we do have better bring in some more talent. We got a chance to win, just like the Texans did. We got a chance to win, just like the coach did. We got a chance to turn this thing around. And that's what he was saying. We're not rebuilding, we retoo.
Speaker 4: That's what you see around the league, though, I mean, I feel like you see so many different teams losing coaches. There's a few players here and there, and then the new coach come in and do what the other coach probably wasn't doing well enough. Yep, and now that team is great and it don't take just many years or that many years to do it because you have the guys in the house just coaching better. Basically just basically saying, like a rebuilders were getting rid of guys. Yeah, you know, yeah, every now and then you get some of some of these guys gonna be on your team next year, but you have the core of your team is still here. So he like, man, and I love the fact that he didn't, Hey, don't put that in there over here, You don't put it in my mouth and put it in my mouth. But no, man, I loved every word of it, and I understood it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've been a player that played like crap last year because of some of the coaching and just some of the bad play properly from my behalf too.
Speaker 3: But getting somebody else in there to light a fire into my you know, you know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now I'm playing like I was supposed to be playing. That's what we need, That's what he's gonna bring.
Speaker 2: We just saw that. We just saw Philadelphia basically lining up with the same players of different coaches and was two different teams. If you ever want to know how important coaching is, look at that as an example. They went to the super Bowl with the right coaching and they was barely in the playoffs with doc two coaches, same players. That's how important coaching is. So don't be shocked if the players on our team live up to who they supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Now, that was a great point. I just want to mention.
Speaker 4: I remember listening to Troy Aikman and it got to the point where the Eagles hadn't won, I mean, hadn't lost yet again, they were still riding high. And I'm not sure it was before they first loss or after the first loss, and they had won a big, meaningful game on a Sunday night or something like that, and Troy was like, I probably want to say that it was whatever night Troy was, you know, yeah, being a call up the game, and he said, when is it enough?
Speaker 3: When is it going to kind of stop for these guys?
Speaker 2: When you gonna catch up?
Speaker 3: When it's bingo, that's the word I'm trying you. When is it gonna catch up?
Speaker 4: He's like, they just keep winning these games by the right man, and like, I don't know if they can hold the hold up this this loan and they're doing it, but it just seems amazing.
Speaker 3: He said that.
Speaker 4: He said, it's amazing somebody see that these guys are able to find a way to win. But when is it going to stop and boom?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you stop to the dramatic man. I think in other examples like the Houston Texans man, I think coming into the year like that, that was one of the worst rosters in the NFL, just kind of like from the national media in terms of ranking.
Speaker 2: Watch take him to go back to back one and two people picked it.
Speaker 1: And you know, we were talking about last year when they traded that pick, how it's going to be really advantageous for who they trade with, Arizona?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: So trade with Arizona and it's gonna they're gonna be able to build their team through the draft and blah blah blah blah blah. And it was a mistake for them to trade the pick. But then you look at it and they get the right coaches in there, they get the maximize players, and I do think, like to your point for it, it's never a true in the league. It's never a true rebuild, you know, never you're always trying to kind of get back to the show. Do I think it's going to take some time to get this team to like a super Bowl championship. I think so absolutely. But I do think that I like that mentality. I think it's what I'm saying. I enjoy a guy who's like, we're always attacking, we're always moving forward, and just generally on the press conference, man like, how'd you guys feel coming out of there?
Speaker 2: It was the longest press conference.
Speaker 4: That's why I was taking news. I was taking knows that my record. I had to do something to keep me awake.
Speaker 2: I was like, I looked at my watch. I had hit the time on it, Like I know, we ain't just hit forty minutes in here, and coach was still giving it to him. They'll just tell you he ain't running away from no question, he ain't gonna sugar coat no question. And hey, just ask me what you want. Y'all know what situation we in. We're starting right here. That don't mean that's what we're going in there.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed that I would listening to a coach like I feel like, you know, I was listening to a guy that you can tell that fire that that's going to coach these guys.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I just love every moment of it, just talking about certain things that he's mentioning, and I'm like, damn, like, bro, you get it, you know what I mean, just talking about just you know, the things that they have to do first, the things they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: And he won't and he was like, you said, it wasn't duck and nothing. He's letting it be known.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm not gonna say this to say that just to make you have one of them hot.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to win this Prince.
Speaker 3: But right now, man, we have a lot to do. I'm happy here, this is.
Speaker 4: I was waiting for this new, this opportunity again, Like he's like, I was wondering when it was gonna come, and it's here, and he said, it's not only just here, it's the people that's here with It's the perfect situation for me, you know, Herfrey storm. So I loved every bit of it. And you know, London alluded to this the other day. He was talking about just how it made him feel. It made me feel like you want to be out there all over again and go to world for him.
Speaker 2: You know, it ain't nothing like it. It's a different feel when you have this because he don't come off his military staff, but he looks it some about a bomb.
Speaker 1: He does have a very strong passionate, like he.
Speaker 2: Just went overseas, fought in the war and came But this a toughness about him. It's something about the ball here coach. I got to do my numbers on ball here coaches versus coaches with hair.
Speaker 1: But one of the things your guys are alluding to there is like, is the culture right? Is this cultural identity that he's established and having played for him, like that person you saw is the same person you get to the meeting, right. He cares about the players, he cares about the vision. And one of the things he said that I thought was really interesting is like getting the culture right leads to success in the field. And I think a lot of fans probably bok at that because you hear that and it sounds like a little of a cop out. But I wanted to kind of double click on that and just say, like, in my experience when I've been on good teams, the culture is one hundred percent right now. The culture is multi factorial, right, It's this identity that the team has.
Speaker 2: But it's also an understanding of why are we here one hundred percent, But it's also making sure you get the right people in and to fit the culture, which they talked about a lot.
Speaker 1: So I just wanted to kind of clear that up intended. Do you have any thoughts on like getting that culture as being an idea but also a getting the right people in the building?
Speaker 3: Is your identity?
Speaker 2: Who are we?
Speaker 4: How many years we talked about this every year here? What are we going to do? We win to the off season last year saying that I want to run the football and he came out with a pass and coordinated the very next season. After the off season, you said, we want to run the ball more So, it's all about just finding who you are, establishing that now at the door. You know how we used to say, you know, when you talk to the chick, established a run, real quick, established the run more time, Let me know where we at? Yeah, you know, I mean the truth, Tim, if you're looking for a boyfriend, you're looking for a good time.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Established the run.
Speaker 4: That's the same way he's telling you. We're gonna we're gonna get the culture right. We're gonna establish who we are first, and then now with the guys that I have, and then the guys that go pick up. Now, I'm finna show them how you can win doing this, what we're doing, what we're gonna teach.
Speaker 2: That's why I loved Coach Gibbs so much. We we had idea, we're gonna leave you black and blue. You knew offensively list we got a safety that's two hundred and thirty five pound, come and die here.
Speaker 1: Six three.
Speaker 2: We got a full back that's sixty five, three hundred pounds. We come and die here. We ain't playing with you now. We might not win the game, but like coach saying, you walked in here, you're gonna limp out, And that was the idea. And the fans knew what you're gonna get from us. You knew what you were gonna get from us every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it's really cool because you look at like what they did with the San Francisco Fortiuders, Adam Peters did with the Serrancisco ordin unders and like when you turn on the film. They are a physical team, wanting they run the football. They're explosive as all get out and offensive and defensively, like they get after people. I've heard stories about them going to joint practices and people just be like, we did not realize how big and strong you are as a team. And so for me, like I say, like, that's part of the thing they're looking for, right, And like you're talking about a culture like that, it starts with that, right, getting the right people in there. And so you know, like he was talking about, like U Tennis mentioned Antenna, physical and explosive, and when you play a team like that, like the Baltimore Ravens come to mind for me, like when they are rolling, you know, like the Philadelphia Eagles back in the day when they had that really good defense, and you're like, man, like, there's something about that that just makes it so like again, intimidating.
Speaker 4: Yes, And that's another thing he said, like you want to be a nightmare for the opposing teams we lose the job.
Speaker 3: You want to be a nightmare.
Speaker 4: I watch us, and it's nothing against the guys we have, Like I love every bit of the ones who went out there and went to war and laid it on the line.
Speaker 3: But at times I feel like most of our guys was a nice guy.
Speaker 4: I'm a nice guy, but Taylor, truth, go ahead.
Speaker 2: They got what they asked you, right, They said, we want to change the culture, and they wait, were changing the culture was go get everybody at the choir like they went and got nice guys. And guess what, nice guys don't win.
Speaker 4: You know, get it, but it's not a It's not nothing wrong with being a nice guy.
Speaker 3: You just gotta know when to turn that damn switch on and be that MF. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And I felt like I was making that point because I want to mention myself in it because I feel like a lot of folks kind of give me that tennis so cool and chill, but you know, between.
Speaker 2: Them like lines, I'm I'm black out on you real quick.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be him. You hear me, and you don't have to say it, just show you. And I didn't see a lot of that and.
Speaker 4: Play from our guys like you get Terry, nicest guy on earth, Terry, he would turn it off. You turn that switch on. Then you got some guys that's not nice.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get I don't want to be in an alley with be robbed by myself. He gonna bruise you, you know what I mean? John At like you got certain guys that showed you that they ain't none to mess with.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that from my team as well.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't I'm gonna lift you up, good job, no man, matter of fame, get your foot while you're down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I was gonna say to that point, like when I got in the league in twenty ten, like we were an older team. We were a very tough team, and I felt like a lot of the young guys adopted the culture of the older guys in the building, you know, and so like it made it so like, Okay, I see what. You couldn't take the you couldn't take the easy way out, Like we were gonna like this is who we are, Like we're gonna hit, We're not going to accommodate, Like if you're hurt, we're gonna play Like that was some things that came out of it, and I just think, like that's winning. Culture starts with that right. And I think back to that twenty twelve team, and we weren't the most talented guys, but we were guys that played very, very hard.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think about the I think about the offensive line, like, there's not a guy. Trent Williams was a guy, but everyone else was kind of journeyman pieces. They came together. They just played hard. They finished guys right.
Speaker 2: Each of the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had a great coach too, who made sure that you know what I mean and such other back.
Speaker 2: And you remember earlier this year when we were watching a game and uh a Manuel Forbes going against a J. Brown and were just watching a quarter after quarter. I remember a game against Chicago when coach Gil gave me the MVP for nothing. I asked, coach, why are you give me the m v P? He said, you know what, You went in there with a full body cramp and couldn't walk. They put two IV's in you. You lied to the train of snuck back out there because you saw them picking on Johnny.
Speaker 1: You back.
Speaker 2: You ain't trying to get back in the game for yourself. You trying to save your team. And I was like, yeah, I ain't gonna let him do my youngster like that, because I gotta look out for him, because if I don't, don't look out.
Speaker 1: And that kind of goes back to the other thing you said, which I thought was great, like doing hardship with good people, right, yeah people.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the that's the bit right there. The other that's gonna start us off this year.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Should have gone get a shirt, get us a shirt with a hard turn. Let's get like that.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what we're saying. It's like when you get that team that's I'm going to tough, competitive and explosive, and then and it's a bunch of good dudes, like it's a thing. It's like that. I think back to that twenty twelve. To me, that was the best team I was on in my career. A bunch of good dudes that had your back, right and we were all going in the same direction. And Mike Shann did a great job of that. So it goes back to me to that, like when the culture's right, it elevates, it elevates pieces, right, Like I was undrafted free agent tight end, like, but I was better because of the guys that I played with. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, and they helped mentor me and they get me going the right direction. And so that's what I think he's talking about with that is all of the things he's saying, tough, physical, explosive, having good people working together in the same direction, that's what gets you there. And the other thing I wanted to point out to is the stuff he talked about on the defensive side of the ball. It's so fundamental, but I think it's so so important, right A good tackling football team FRED like it covers up a lot of Al's man just tackling.
Speaker 2: You can't cover up, can cover up bad games, bad plays, and bad drives with simple tackling. And I ain't talking about one on one tackle. I'm talking about ants on breed. I'm talking about games tackling. Like I was always told, if we know who numbered the call, y'all ain't doing y'all jobs. Like if it's six of us over there, you don't even know who. Yeah, it might be smoothing streams in London like they all over there. And that's when you know your defense is playing together and playing good ball, which you can only do what you're being taught That's why I never That's why I'm never heard on football players. We've been there, I've been in that locker room and I've had.
Speaker 1: Good what's the standard cut off? But it's there's a standard of play. It's acceptable. And when you're watching some of the stuff last year, we're not gonna call anybody out. You're like, that guy is not finishing appropriately and that's no one's told him that's not okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they let him do it. He's either one of the other.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. You have not enforced the standard. And I remember when I was in Atlanta with Dan, he was like, the standard is the standard. We're not compromising it for any not for you. And I think that again. I'm getting juiced just thinking about it coming out of this press conference too, because that's the guy that you want at the helm And is it gonna be perfect all the time. No, But you want someone who's gonna say, man, we got a pursuit of the football. That's the center. We got to finish this block on offense, right, we got to make this block for the running.
Speaker 2: Back, Like those are the things the inf you just gave won't work And That's what our great coaches is about. They about because they already know you got talent, they wouldn't brought you here with them.
Speaker 4: I hate to say this because I feel like if I when I when I say this, and we say it so much.
Speaker 3: We talked all the time, we talking about coach.
Speaker 4: We talk about Cayle, the stuff we learned with Calca. If you remember your last coach and your last coach, but that wasn't my last coach. Only had one year a Jade. But I learned so much from cal that I already knew. He just made me refresh my memory with the things that you may be lacking. Every player goes to the time and you just forget to be yourself with what you want to do. And I remember him us the little simple things about when you got to shout across, when you sit down over that damn tight end, catch the ball, get up, feel one footstep to right like that finishing. And if you would have saw the difference in me catching that route the years be previous.
Speaker 3: And how I had to jerk my way to.
Speaker 2: Compare to catching it from Jason Campbell and now I'm getting it twelve fifteen, y'alls, after the catch, like it's because.
Speaker 3: The little thing and that's that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: When you when you reiterate the little details in what you do, what you know how to do, it makes that much of a difference in that player and in what you do and the success you have as a player and the team.
Speaker 2: See, they gave me an I'm about like Nino Brown about to grab these rock ridies. I'm in to grab these two rock riders and walk around me like an episode remrk right now, like I should have rocked my chain and everything today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's such a good reminder, man, Like, just thinking about being in that offense and the details.
Speaker 4: Coached us to the to our sheets. We went to bed that night we was being coached. I was laying my sheet thinking.
Speaker 3: About something I gotta do tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah, I gotta get that done.
Speaker 3: I got up this morning.
Speaker 4: I make sure I like you what it'salking about having and paying close closer to to detail. You knew what your responsibility was leaving those meetings.
Speaker 2: Bro Oh yeah, and I love it.
Speaker 4: That's why I look back at it now when I see it out being dumb, like, no, Dan, somebody ain't.
Speaker 2: Telling me, But don't that make you feel cheated a little bit of your career because when you get that taste of that good coach and you don't win, win, and then you compare it to like, man, look at these three down head messing with this dude, and I can only do what they tell me.
Speaker 4: I always say, I wish I had a little bit of that in my youth, thank you, and my youth.
Speaker 3: I wish I had a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: And he told me, say Tanner, I told Andre Johnson, I want to get to your boy, Tenner if if.
Speaker 1: You did say that, I remember saying the meeting.
Speaker 3: That he wanted to get to me before he before you before.
Speaker 4: It was long and the two So the first start was crazy, right, the first he got to me. I just came off of knee surgery and still had on thousand yards that year show even though and I think that was just out of wheel because I was I was, I was roly poly. Yeah, I was a little butter ball out there, but I just was a player, you know what I mean? That shows you what damn this due here ain't practice the whole off season with us. He barely can go in the camp but he come out hand get but he ready to go come in and he fat is all out.
Speaker 2: Because you was mentally there like sometimes like I was always told, your body is a punk. Your body we refuse to do sting that you asked. It's a coward, right, So at the end of the day, as long as your mind strong, it doesn't stop anything nothing.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, so the one thing that came out of that I think is really important to coaches, and I just wanted to review the coordinators.
Speaker 4: Jason go there for this there is We're the mad Rapper.
Speaker 2: I know I should have bought them rock Raller.
Speaker 1: Are you saying Rockler rock Riller?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see you.
Speaker 1: Wiler, not rock Wilder.
Speaker 2: Throwing together Roland. What's the correct.
Speaker 3: Saying a rock?
Speaker 1: You know it's Rothweiler rock rad Are we not saying it round? You're saying Rock's rock r O T T.
Speaker 2: T rock rock.
Speaker 3: We're not pronouncing the T.
Speaker 1: No, this dude said rock like you said rocks heady you were I understand what you were saying. This dude is saying rock. Leave a comment. He was. I'm positive he was saying rock. Here we go rock.
Speaker 2: Riley by my bed feedly.
Speaker 3: You already know he got a couple of I know he's.
Speaker 1: Be like, no longer you're saying it wrong.
Speaker 3: You're saying that, well, go.
Speaker 1: Hog outside, No bad bread hater. What we got?
Speaker 2: He is?
Speaker 3: He chopping at the bitch.
Speaker 2: The haters in the comment.
Speaker 1: They're out here.
Speaker 2: Giving me strength.
Speaker 5: All Right, dan Quinn is just another defensive guy. You need a young OC will win this game. Oh my god, you can't hike me up. It feels like the same thing again.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, two things could be right, and I think we made it right.
Speaker 4: He's right, but we also answered them because we went out and got a young OC.
Speaker 1: So this is what I'll say to this.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: One thing that comes out of that press conference that I love is it was a whole section where he was like, you know, my main thing is being where my feed are, but I could not stop thinking about the next opportunity. And he talked about how when he was Atlanta, he did a three sixty evaluation of why it didn't work, and he said, these are the reasons why it didn't work. It didn't work because I over extended myself, because I didn't be myself in the best position to be successful, and Now he's like, I picked this job knowing those issues I had, knowing I did too much personnel work, knowing I didn't hire good coordinator or didn't hire coordinators that could exist without me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So now I've got Adam Peters, Now I've got Joe Witt, Now I've got Cliff Kingsbury. I can focus on the most important thing, which is coaching the team. Yes, and that level of awareness. I'm telling you, guys, you know you've played for a head coach to come out and say I messed this up, and this is how I'm going to improve humble. It's really I'm super impressed because when you're a head coaching job, you're supposed to always be right and say no, I wasn't right to me. There's that is a very unique.
Speaker 4: Person parents a man that's that's that understand accountability.
Speaker 3: That's why he hold his players.
Speaker 4: To that same kind of you know what I mean deal when it comes to man, be accountable for your actions.
Speaker 3: And I love it. I swear I would send them their smile.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, I couldn't wait to get out of my seat to go talk to y'all.
Speaker 2: First of all, fan base. I know y'all wanted to flavor the week byja blast. You can only get it at Taco Bill, but magazine they only got it in every store now. But you're gonna always go back. But you're gonna only go back to the lemonade, that good old faith. You don't need to taste of the week. What we got, well, somebody that live before instead of somebody that had lad before. But we got it somebody that's been around the block. No, the road map to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I wanna cut you off real quick, friend, You do it out that Ben Johnson did not leave Detroit. What are we talking about? Who did you want Ben Johnson? Bobby saw it, did not leave.
Speaker 2: Ben Johnson was afraid to snap up, to step up and say I can't do it. Let me show you.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to get out of that shadow. He knew that.
Speaker 4: Then the man over there was leading them and Dan Kemmel was calling all the shots. Don't get me wrong, his office is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 3: I love the office. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: You gotta look, he's some huge shoes to feel being a head coach. I mean, people fail to realize everybody can't do it. You know, we were just sitting there there talking and you know, like we said, we don't mention names that we're not into that.
Speaker 3: But everybody's not equipped to be that. Hey they ain't, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And so I'd rather And I'm not saying it's because who we have, but I will always tell you this, Like I used to tell phone, They say who favorite quarterback ten?
Speaker 3: And I tell him, I like the veterans.
Speaker 4: I like the veteran QB that being around the block a few times that's still doing it because.
Speaker 3: They know who to throw to.
Speaker 4: They know from packages, from reeds, from things that they've seen in the past, that this guy gonna come open or watching film, I'm gonna look at this.
Speaker 2: He's gonna keep me higher, he's keeping he's.
Speaker 3: Making my play.
Speaker 4: So as a coach, you want a guy here who's like At the same time, you want a guy who who's winning. But just because you won somewhere as a OC, don't mean you're gonna come here as the head coach and win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Because you lost somewhere as the head coach don't mean you're gonna come here as.
Speaker 1: A head I think a lot of fans wanted the OC because I think you look at the recent success, right Kyle Sean, Mike McDaniel, Yeah, because because one of the reasons with a young quarterback, you get that offensive system for the next I don't know, however, hello, however long the head coaches had that offensive so there is value there. But also I will say that one of the things Dan said in this presser is the under he understands how important the court or hire his So what does he do. He goes and hires a guy in Cliff Kingsbury. That's an exciting young coordinator. And he also said this this is so important to me. We developed players and we developed coaches, so when.
Speaker 2: That guy leaves, we got somebody there.
Speaker 1: We're ready to go.
Speaker 2: But why do they feel like that Logan? Is it the fact that we did let McVeigh out the door, we did let Shanahan out. Do you feel like the fan base feel jaded because they singing like five eye coaches, like we let these guys out of the door.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, it's not. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: All Runner League has been done because you see that uh and Eagles coordinator went to coach and playing and he coaching those guys, well, they had a great season.
Speaker 3: But we more enamme with what Shanthand's doing, with that Tree doing.
Speaker 4: I mean, all these other guys going everywhere, but we and we we love to.
Speaker 3: See anybody come from that Mike Shanahan who we act them Tree?
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's just get it.
Speaker 4: You know, that's stop, you know, lying to ourselves. You want that we want, you know, the fan base, that's what they want. And I felt like they were to pick.
Speaker 2: From I don't saying. I felt like they was jaded, like they gotta look at it like this, like.
Speaker 1: What are we doing right now?
Speaker 2: Like we're comparing it to stuff? We compared it to life.
Speaker 3: Think this is for.
Speaker 1: Sure, no way, this is making it nothing?
Speaker 2: Why not we can't talk about day no him, You can't talk about day no fan all got coming drink water and you're gonna date somebody that's so guess what. Sometimes we date people with great credentials. Sometimes we think the car looks better than it does.
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely right, and the g's not always that good about the car.
Speaker 2: Did you see the look at.
Speaker 3: I know we ain't making it ain't making it, so let me get about lin.
Speaker 2: My dating repects out of it.
Speaker 3: That's going bass skid.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about bitch, sir, remonder.
Speaker 1: We're brought to you by Bet three sixty five at Bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic, like friend's dating life. That's how we offer an NFL early paid offer. Get your straight bets paid out or probably slush as marked as winner when you or your team goes up by seventeen points, regardless whatever the opponent, whether the opponent comes back to win the game. I'm all rattled out, Fred. From that, here we go our NFL early Paid Offer I hit over fifty two times this season. To use a QR code to sign up and see for yourself why it's never ordinated a Bet three sixty five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: You know fress he must be twenty five, but bet three six pis he must be twenty.
Speaker 3: One and older. Located in Virginia.
Speaker 4: Please gamble responsibly if you are someone you know has a gambling prom and once help call me one eight hundred gambling.
Speaker 1: You said twenty five.
Speaker 3: Oh, somebody's day until day?
Speaker 2: I say, I want to date twenty five and over. I have a cutoff. Last?
Speaker 1: All right, is hater Jason back in the building.
Speaker 2: Hater Jason is backing? He hated.
Speaker 3: Tweeter.
Speaker 2: I ain't no pirate was haters Like I love Captain Jack Spire. All right, what we got hater black Beard? The Cowboys defense? Okay, they're always choking in the playoffs. Why do we want that guy?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 2: At least they in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Do you guys remember twenty eight to three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's this guy. Oh, come on, dude, that's any You can bring it up from any coach.
Speaker 1: What about Big what about Bet Johnson?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean the coaches have bad moments.
Speaker 2: Coach Gil's first year, do you know how many games they won?
Speaker 1: Like, I love war. I love Kyle Shanahan more than like any coach.
Speaker 3: Shit talking about but we but he but he.
Speaker 1: Had a hard time in Atlanta and he had a hard time with Kansas City. I like, there's no doubt in my mind he would make He's an excellent head coach, There's no doubt. But there you can cherry but Andy reid Man. Andy, we got fired from Philadelphia. Does that mean like he's a bad coach? Joe Gibson didn't win a bunch of games, says that mean he's a bad coach.
Speaker 2: Like Belichick got fired from Cleveland. Cleveland, like they turned down no coaches. Man, I I could point out a spot on a leopard any day. Everybody got the good time, but at my bad times are only like three or four things you can bring up, like a super Bowl that I happened to make. You're gonna bring it up the fact that the Cowboys got ran on. Well, that's why he said. You know what I really like about this team. I like the big d tackles. That's all I'm talking about, Fred, That's what I like. I like the big what I like.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait to control yourself. Nut. But yeah, so I think that's like it's so easy, like Freend's saying, it's so easy to cherry pick bad things. You can't cherry pick the good things that he led like two of the best historically, he led the best defenses in the history of the NFL. When he was in Seattle, he was the guy that did that. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like that's on his resume too. In addition to this bad thing, there's also tramid this tremendous things. And again having played for him in Atlanta, the culture, the environment that he built there is second or none. And the fact that that's now with Adam Peters and he's got someone to kind of buffer him and insulate him, I think he's not gonna make the same as Atlanta.
Speaker 2: It is not a hard I mean, it's a very hard place to coach, all right, You talking about the place that naturally doesn't have a culture. Like I always tell people this after living in Atlanta for all the sports that's hell there, that's not really a sports time, all right. So he did that after leaving Seattle, after they going to the Super Bowl. So now he got to play against his same defensive guys.
Speaker 4: And come on, now, I mean, I think the number one the coming I guess, I guess. You know, you can say the fact that they are when it comes to just what he experienced in Seattle.
Speaker 3: What the experience in Atlanta is super boys, see what I'm saying. So I would take that any day.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And the other thing I just want to put out real quick is the fact that he keeps this student mindset, like he learns from these mistakes, He learns from these shortcomings, and he's changed. Like the defense he's running now is different than it was when it was in Atlanta. The defense he's gonna run here, I bet you will be different than the one he ran in Dallas. He said in his press conference. I'm always trying to think where this thing is gonna be five six years from now, and I'm trying to adjust accordingly.
Speaker 2: So I think that's awesome if I gata.
Speaker 4: Talk like that before he really sit down and really put his foot in the ground and really get things rolling, and he's telling you what he's trying to do or what he's going to do. Yeah, I'm all for it, man. I mean we also have to see it. What I believe, you know how you can just believe I saw it happen, whether it was in Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas. Look, we talked about this Dallas team, Dude, for how many years they was lacking defense?
Speaker 3: But how many years he got there. As soon as he got.
Speaker 1: There, and that's the thing that was an overnight transition he went. They went from theieth.
Speaker 2: Ranked thirty second ranked defense.
Speaker 1: The worst defense in NFL and then right when he got there. That's not a personal thing. That's a culture and a coaching thing. So that's a transferable skill. And again it's not it's not always gonna be perfect. You can pick, you can jersume. But yeah, man, I think that.
Speaker 2: I want to say this to them. He got a book on the n f C s. He knows everything about the Dallas Cowboys, our rivalry.
Speaker 3: He grew up in Jersey, thank you listen.
Speaker 2: He knows everybody on their roster. He knows Trevling Digg's weaknesses, he knows Michael Parson. Do you not think he gonna walk in there with Cliff kings Bay and say, you know what, we got the Cowboy this week. Let's run it a level like there's one of the left. Let's wear him.
Speaker 4: Down because you know they gonna run the same stuff because what they probably did is they gonna try to keep what they did.
Speaker 2: They did because it was successful. He got a book on them. You don't think he got a book on Philadelphia. Oh yeah, because he didn't meet Philadelphia. He understand their weakness and also the New York Giants. So you got a guy that's not foreign to this division and just subtracting him, subtracting him from the Cowboys, subtracting with from the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: It's also a wit too. That's an important point.
Speaker 2: Attracting me is moving us up because they gonna take a step bait. We just watched Field diff you do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely what we got hater all right hereter, Jason's gone, okay, Harry, it looks better.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 6: I just want I wanted to say this because I don't I don't get to get my voice out there that often.
Speaker 3: But I grew up a fan of this team.
Speaker 6: And anybody that's going to complain that the person coming in here they lost a game in the playoffs and they lost his Super Bowl to Tom Brady, that's her complaint. I'd be thrilled if this team is in the playoff right and a super Bowl like we are complaining because.
Speaker 1: Jason Heldy, you're what are you? Thirty four thirty six? Right? So you've been You've been a lifelong fan, right, lifelong, and so it's been the success moments have been few and far between.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: We played for a team long time, we've been around there.
Speaker 3: I just want to get there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's just get there again and then we'll worry about if we lose it.
Speaker 3: Man, that's just can't be happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that take great, But that's the that just shows you, man, like we like frey as it's so much. And I mean it's true Microwavee society. Everybody they wanted, anybody want it now. But even want it now, you don't know that you're gonna have it now with this this particular picks or you know, half or staff upgrades. Like that's not telling you that you're gonna win because you got this guy. Let them all prove their self, Like, that's what we have to do. Let everybody go out there and prove themselves.
Speaker 1: It's such a good point think about. You know, I'm just making this reference because Adam Peters was just in San France. I was there in twenty seventeen. They were we were not a great team. We were not a great team for two years yea. And so it was that third year where you sort of and people were calling saying Kyle should be fired. After the third years, I know they were saying about John Lynch, you know, they were saying that and then so but they understood the process slow burn and and now they're one of the best, consistently best teams in football.
Speaker 2: And you can count them me in as a good team every year because that's who they are. They took the time to assemble it right. And it ain't about the Bowstals of the world. It's about finding the frig Warners, the green law like.
Speaker 1: You, you've got the guy and you've got the guy here? Yeah, who did? And again we talked about we talked about what is that the culture, the identity of the team that when you look at the construction of a roster from an identity standpoint, they know ye who they want to be. They want excellent pass rushers up front, they want physical linebackers, they want long corners, they want nasty, athletic offensive line when they want hard runners. They have a vision and that's what you're bringing here.
Speaker 4: This is a little off topic, but it might kind of it might correlate with what we talk about you now, But isn't it isn't it nice just to know that you have guys that come from system where there's gonna be guys available and they know these guys. So you got you got ap from coming from forty nine ers. Yep, there's gonna be some guys out that they can't pay.
Speaker 2: Oh unlocks up of them.
Speaker 4: Same way in Dallas, it's gonna be some guys out that they can't pay.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 4: These two guys are familiar with those guys that can do what they've been doing at a high level to bring them here to what we're doing.
Speaker 3: So I just love that fact of it too.
Speaker 4: People don't look at that part of it because they think that it just gonna be one of everybody gonna play for the same Yeam, it's gonna be available guys that you can bring and say, I'm gonna bring somebody in here to show.
Speaker 3: You, yeah that and I can tell you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we got hater Jason Becker are.
Speaker 2: No producer Jason hater Jason. He plays Oh okay Jason instead because I thought.
Speaker 1: You know, we had a couple more questions on there from the haters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, I want to get your guys opinion on the new coordinators. I'm gonna read all some stats, right. I know that this is going to get spread super excited. All right, So Joe here, all right, I'm gonna start in two thousand and nine, he was coaching Charles Woodson when he had his career high nine receptions. Between two thousand and nine and two twenty seventeen, he was with the Green Bay Packers. They had one hundred and seventy six interceptions.
Speaker 2: That's three list than I had for my career. That's an NFL high during that period.
Speaker 6: Then in two thousand and twenty one, Trayvon Diggs eleven picks twenty two. Uh bland at the five pick sixes. Every Where this dude goes, they ball hawk Fred.
Speaker 7: Listen if from a man I can't even see from counter pro bowls because you know what, if you watch these interceptions, they are calculated.
Speaker 2: They are playing. These are not tip tip drills. These are not ball throwing behind. These are cornerbacks breaking down hill because they know they got help over top. How they help playing and schemed on this route because this is what they do this. I told you, I'm trying to see how long I'm a whole off for calling him Joe Wick to John Wick. Should I wait, he like kills the first offense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean wait, honestly too, when you look at some of those interceptions, they are they are less for a better word you can say, I wish you would, I wish you would try me.
Speaker 3: And it's like you and then you see the quarterback you downhill?
Speaker 2: Do you think that we saying high through that ball? The dudes already going with oh he really just trying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, I mean that's something.
Speaker 4: Trust me, you're talking about Forbes, whoever is playing out there.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about your boy.
Speaker 4: Kwan, all those guy cam kurr on being, They're gonna be in situations man that you know, this staff is going to basically, like I said, going to create this culture for these guys to have that same kind of hunger when they're out there playing instead of sitting out there playing and out there confuse and can't communicate.
Speaker 3: No, you're gonna communicate.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna simplify for you enough to let you know that at all times when you trading that thing off, somebody gonna somebody gonna replace it.
Speaker 3: Somebody got your back so you can go out there and do what you do.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it right now. Prediction seven interceptions want a manual phillips I'm going to get me a thirteen jersey.
Speaker 1: There you go, So the other thing I just want to point out is people say, well, how does the coaching effect, and like we can talk about that a little bit too, because like when I watch the film, and I don't know it as well as you do, Fred. When I watched the film, I see dudes understanding where their help is right, playing with the career leverage. I see them understanding route stems so you know it's a three by one, get inside stem. They're thinking dig all day. They undercut the dig right. They also understand how they fit with the rush. So I see coaches teaching the correct stuff of the defense. I see guys executing that, and I also see like an understanding of concepts at a high level and how to match those concepts, which gets me really excited. I also see elite disguises too, because in the NFL, now, these quarterbacks are too damn good, so you got to kind of trick them up. And so like everyone talks about Vic Fangio's defense and how they kind of play all these quarters, these middlefield open structures and rotate to different stuff last minute. You get a lot of similar stuff here. So I'm really excited for that level of detail in the secondary, and I think it elevates guys that have traits. And you know, he talked about this in the press conference, like if you're six to three and you got thirty three inch arms, like you've got a place here for us.
Speaker 2: List I was told in by Marty Shott. And now he says, so look at your own You know you need to be on a line of screamage to jail. Take you a step back and make them run around the circle. If you make them run around the circle. And when I watched Dallis, I could always tell good defensive back play when they start handing stuff off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do a good job of that.
Speaker 2: And they don't wait, like the safety don't wait. He's anticipating, Oh you got him, I'm gone, Like there's no second guess in there. And I think that's what it. I think I always tell people this, show me a bad kid, and I show you a bad parents. Two of them bad parenting and bad coaching. Out of say you wonder why people played bad. It had nothing to do with the kids. Them kids could be good kids if they train right, like they say, you raise your kids right, they become great citizens.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, in the communit there's another player that I just thought of that I was watching film the other day. It's in the red zone against Miami and everyone's pressed up across the boarder. Like, man, that's probably not a great idea versus Tyreek Hill and all these guys, But they understood, they've communicated well, they knew how to pass stuff off in the back end, and they understood that they wanted to get the ball quick in that situation. In this third and five, we want to get the ball out quickly on a quick game, so let's jam it up. Let's disrupt the timing, and it led to a productive play for them to I think he led you an interception. So you know, like that's the kind of detail putting guys in good spots, really putting guys in good spots to what we care about.
Speaker 3: I've been saying that for years.
Speaker 4: Man, just forcing us to stop stop allowing teams to do what they want.
Speaker 2: To dictate us.
Speaker 3: We need to dictate force.
Speaker 4: And how many times I say that as a receiver, he ain't pressing that guy, He's gonna have all they gonna have all the especially if your line ain't hitting home.
Speaker 3: So if you even if you're lying on hit home.
Speaker 4: If you press that quarterback gonna feel flustered a little bit and have to rush that ball, so he might get off you, or he might just throw a ball that's.
Speaker 2: Not you know, catch up.
Speaker 3: So things like that man change games come tomble.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks throw touchdowns, uncomfortable quarterbacks throw pigs. And as simple as it is, I always knew this is like I always heard. If you'm looking at the quarterback, I I'm beat because that means he ain't in the rest for one in my eyes are bad. Where's my wis like wall? Yeah, because every ain't child to get to them, and I ain't doing mine because I'm looking him out of eye. I seen our defensive backs staying at Jalen hurts eye Aye while he dropping fifty yards. So at the end of the day, I think cleaning up those type things, cleaning up that technique. I feel good about what's going on, But fan base patience, that's what I want, patients, And we got to stop feeling like, you know, we got kids and we just did pretty good for ourselves. So our kids don't come off as home grid as we did. You know, they sit in the big living room watching the big TV like they made it. That's kind of like our fan base because we have three Super Bowl they feel like we're supposed to have more. We supposed to be in a hunt where you have to earn it, and they start with coaches and players. So I hear that all the time. Oh, we ain't supposed to be like that. Are like, hey, come on, if Detroit Lions fans can wait seventy three years for a playoff game, patient.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be patient. And you know, we're really excited for Joe went another guy. I'm excited to see his Cliff Kingsbury, you know just what he can do for this offense and it's a little bit different in the offense in terms of what it brings, but he does have a pedigree of developing young quarterbacks at an offense that I thought in the press conference, Dan kind of articulated really nicely. He understands how to create space horizontally and how to displace people with action in the backfield matchup and create good throwing windows. So those are words that oftentimes you hear use describing you know, the Sean's, the Kyle's, the Matt. Like that tree it'll look different, right, It'll look like this air raid Texas tech thing, but it'll it'll be It adopts many of the same principles. So I'm really excited to see what that offense looks like here. And you know how Cliff has grown. Cliff has grown. It was one of the things I have a lot of respect for Cliff after watching the twenty nineteen twenty twenty twenty twenty one film is it started off as true air raid and then by the end he's got running. He's got layers to the run game. It's not like it's not Kyle Shanahan where you've got uh yeah, it's it's like, we got a counter, we got a tight zone, we got some jet sweeps and stuff. We got some little screens to kind of create space. But it's there and he understands it. So I think if he can continue to grow, I think that offense could be pretty dangerous. And I and I like hearing that that offense was challenging for Dan to do.
Speaker 2: With because you know, the last time we've seen the house he was in. Now he in the richest county in American man, Now remember the house in Arizona. Draft you didn't see, you probably will watch the field. But during this time they show his house that he had. It was a crib of all crib in Arizona, which you know, it's a lot of great houses in Arizona. But you know, Cliff, welcome to the richest county. I'm sure great falls or somebody got something for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, or maybe he lives in one loud you know that'd be nice.
Speaker 2: Ain't a good place.
Speaker 1: That's not for him. He needs something bigger, he needs he.
Speaker 4: Could have one of those those upscale town homes over there one now, I.
Speaker 2: Mean a river creep guy. He gated community.
Speaker 3: Order spot that the autumn had him and Jada was and you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, crighton Farms got voted the number one neighborhood in Virginia and like the top five neighborhood in the United States.
Speaker 1: So, Cliff, if you're looking for a realator, Frederick guy, I am so. I don't know if you ever see this, Cliff, but.
Speaker 2: Fred house rent cars and everything, We rent horses, whatever you need.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jason, we got that presented by n w f C. You read that'd be awesome, thanks buddy. Sure, Yeah, we're on our next segment.
Speaker 2: Guys, just like it's a exciting off season. It's a lot of good energy, clean energy. And I'm glad we didn't win the off season. I'm so glad because every year I've been here, we win the off season.
Speaker 1: I think we're doing pretty good, though, No in ours the.
Speaker 2: Football people, but the fans and there, we didn't get it. We really won't do with sometime good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I think that's right. I think that's right, because again, you don't know these coordinators. You know of these coaches the same way that some of these insiders do. All right, So now, Tanna, I know you're super stoked for this game. Predictions is presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders. Stop searching, go Northwest. Check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join. Now Northwest can help make your money work for you. Stop by branch or visit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today. All right, so we got a big game coming up this weekend, guys. Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what number is it?
Speaker 3: We know?
Speaker 2: Super Bowl fifty fifty eight.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Leave a comment if you know what super Bowl it is. It's a lot of Super Bowls, but we got San Francisco forty nine Ers verse the Kansas City Chiefs. Very I'm really excited for I'm really excited for this game. Who wants to start with the predictions?
Speaker 3: I mean, ax me, you said I'm excited for us?
Speaker 2: He actually give it predictions like he ain't give me.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's easier to predict a game where.
Speaker 4: You know, have nothing riding and I mean, I mean I would want to have a little bit of something riding on it.
Speaker 3: I should put a bet in so, honestly, I like the forty nine ers at three six six fives. Want to hold her to put a bet in there.
Speaker 2: If you got a gambling problem, call me no.
Speaker 4: But I like the forty nine ers. When it comes to points, I think it's gonna be a close game. I SEEO Pat Mahomes them putting up seventeen Paddy, and it's a little too shy from that twenty eight that the forty nine is gonna put up. That's seventeen forty nine Ers game back and forth in the fourth quarter, creeps.
Speaker 2: Away m v P part Party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Barry Terry Deary Darry Senders.
Speaker 3: Garry Sanders, we've been asking him to do. They feed them airing on the ground.
Speaker 2: Me and him had this talk earlier, and I just went down. We did the segment where we went down every position and said who had the leg up? Yeah, we went quarterback. We don't have to talk about that because because it's Patrick. We went offensive line and we said, you know, Trent is the best office of lineman in the game.
Speaker 1: But the group is better in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: All right, We said, Bess running back, it's Dairry Sanders. Betch wide receiver group that was forty nine ers, I said, Bets defensive backfield, that was Kansas City. I said, Bess deefens alignment that was Chris Jones. Chris Jones, I lot.
Speaker 3: It was the time, say four and three.
Speaker 2: And then we got to the linebackers with that law firm of a Warner and Green City Gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot his name, but yes, number fifty whatever.
Speaker 2: No, no, no Bolden and they got Nick Bolden.
Speaker 1: And they got a DIF from Wisconsin from they played in the Chargers.
Speaker 2: All right, tranquil, who win?
Speaker 1: That's a good grie, I said, they even time.
Speaker 2: But then we went to special teams, and this went. Things kind of went Dowt here was the second best kicking in the NFL. Buckner plays for the Kansas City Chiefs, and the forty nine ers have a kicking that they don't kind of believe me that special team can make a game like this. That special number two defense in the Football League now is Kansas City. Number three is the forty nine Ers. I said, for special teams. And I have to not know this, y'all. Coach, I know this, youall coach. I gotta get in to read denied on coach. Yeah, can I do that?
Speaker 1: I think so. I mean he's one of the best. I mean, he probably the best living coach, right.
Speaker 2: So that's why I gave Kansas City to not twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Twenty to seventeen. I actually like that score a little bit better. Honestly. I think there's going to be a defensive struggle more than people think. I think Kansas City's playing great defense, and obviously San Francisco does a good job. I don't know, man, it's so hard for me to go against Patrick Mahomes. It's like it's like going against Tom Brady when they're when they're rolling man. It's hard. It's hard to beat that guy, and they're not putting up a ton of points. So if Kyle's in his bag, maybe they got a shot.
Speaker 3: You know what I think.
Speaker 4: I don't want to cut you out because I feel like about how we do is cut it, shut out.
Speaker 2: I forget.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get cut off more than anybody because we're gonna do the count. I'm gonna have Jason count down. I mean I get cut off. Honestly, I think what we saw in that AFC Championship game was Kansas City doing everything that they have done in the past to get to.
Speaker 3: Where they at. It was a Kelsey show and then they finish it with Patricick they get back to reality.
Speaker 4: What happened this season. San Frank gonna make them get back to reality. They're gonna force them to throw the ball to other people. And when they force him to do that, they're gonna be playing right until they they hands. Because now you ain't gonna win this game with San Fran knowing KELSEYO guy, We're gonna we're gonna beat him up so bad on that line of screaming. We're gonna make sure he earned every yard that they throw throw at him and wide receivers. We know, Right's probably gonna be the guy who they try to feature other than that eleven. We're gonna, we're gonna, We're gonna play them tired enough to where one of them balls get passed on his hands and now he's gonna be thinking about it. So I think it's gonna be one of them games saying, Frank gonna go after the guys that they know that can be dangerous to them that night, and that's where they're gonna lose the game. And I'm not saying they're not gonna play well, they're not gonna be able to overcome it with other other guys, but it's just gonna be hard to have the.
Speaker 3: Lead that they had last week or two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: You know, in this game, Hey, I tell you what, You're gonna love this one right here, Pa Checko run like he just he woke up at like one o'clock at night and turn their kitchen light off and then roach start.
Speaker 3: You just start right.
Speaker 4: I have to think I have to mention Ryan Clark's quote. He said, p Checko run like the kid that's trying the shoes on in the stove. Hey, you know you put them shoes even violent man, he runs violent, And you know what, I hate to say it because I love Chase.
Speaker 2: That's my dude. But for the last couple of weeks people have been running right and they.
Speaker 3: Said it Ben, it's rumor, say they're gonna finish.
Speaker 2: I know it, but I'm hoping. I'm hoping that's if they're gonna bitch him her Graves. Her Grove ain't been that good this year and they pay him a bag bad.
Speaker 3: But I think, what what what?
Speaker 4: Me and my son shot of thing that that was out there, and I'm like, you know, we love chasing. I'm praying that that come with somebody pulled for my out there on social media just talking, you know what I mean, because I don't feel like no guy. And it was a play that anybody could have been a part of. Chase his backside. The guy Gibbs from the Detroit he breaks on the opposite side.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, if you was I he was rolling.
Speaker 3: He was rolling, but chases there and then the last.
Speaker 4: Minute he got he he thought the guy was gonna.
Speaker 3: Make the tackle and the guy sleep through him.
Speaker 4: So I'm hoping that he's not because I feel like this is a game where he can be one of those guys that make.
Speaker 3: A difference, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, you really need all your guys, and I I feel like Boses won't be one of those guys that are going to set up for other guys to go out there and get those secks.
Speaker 3: Yes, they got to play a lot attention to them, but.
Speaker 2: The defense of the forty nine ers, I hate to be honest with y'all, they haven't been the same defense.
Speaker 3: They haven't right, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: But Kansas City's offense hasn't been that good. So what I'm what I'm gonna say is that I think Kyle Shanahan doesn't sleep for like two weeks coming up with this game plan.
Speaker 2: No Colin Daddy for this one.
Speaker 1: And I think Kylin reinforcement. I think that I think that's pretty locked in. I think it's a crazy close game. I think it's a crazy close game. I'm gonna say it's twenty seven to twenty four. It's a last you know, it's a field goal game. It's tight. It's a tight game down the last.
Speaker 3: Possession of game because that's Kansas City then all over.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, but I think San fan is gonna win this game. I do. I think they're gonna win the game. I think they can run the ball well. I think they're gonna be physical upfront. I just I think it's time, man, I think it's time Kyle. Guess one.
Speaker 2: I think where San Francisco is weak at can't think about it. I can't see. The best defensive player is Chris Jones. Yeah, they got another our pro in McDuffie at cornerback. Hell, the other cone is better.
Speaker 1: They're good.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, is Trent ain't gonna be at the center position?
Speaker 1: No? So what? But but think about what Kyle. Kyle's superpower now is his ability to create angles in the run game and matches in the run game. Chris Jones, while being an excellent pass rusher, maybe maybe maybe the best defensive teching football. Maybe he you can you can take him out of the game with an effective run scheme. I think Kyle stays up all night gets that done. And again Chris Jones, while being very good, he's better pass rusher, right, so can you be physical with him? Can you possess the football? I think you can. Man, there's been games this year where they just lean on people and they get people moving.
Speaker 2: So I compare him to the moon. The moon only moves away from the Earth an inch and a half a year. That's how much they move in Chris Jones, do you understand it? The moon is going away from you from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean he's gonna get his no doubt about it. But I think again, and then I think brock Party. People sleep on him, man, give respect. But so it's it's a close game, it's a physical game, it's it's an awesome football game. I can't wait to watch.
Speaker 2: Why does Perdy remind me of a Matt Hansome bait?
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's a little Hanssen backing.
Speaker 1: Now I feel like he's got like a better release. When I sayd head, I'm just saying like, stylistically, stylistically, it just feels different, Like it's a quicker release. It's a little bit more athletic back there, you know what I'm saying. Like, that's why I'm kind of like in terms of maybe type of player, maybe that's the copy you're looking for in terms of style, But like tie, but it did the play style is different In my mind anyway, but I think that's gonna do it for today's show. So thanks so much for going to us, and please make sure to like and subscribe wherever you get your podcast Broach. We are brought to you by Bet three six five. I Bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an in game experience which covers seventy eight sports and seven hundred and eighty thousand live streams to ninety million customers worldwide. Our online betting brand is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. A BET three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders, must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred gambler. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.