Speaker 1: It's important Main Street.
Speaker 2: We got one of the biggest things in America culture.
Speaker 3: Not like us. Thank everybody. The Breakfast Club want to shake it up.
Speaker 1: They want like.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club, the People's Choice, the Family Guy just.
Speaker 4: Hilarious and Charlemagne the God some donkeys days just sudden, so yo.
Speaker 5: I'm loving that.
Speaker 3: Any g y up there right now.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta pop out the show.
Speaker 3: So now let's begin. Good morning Usa yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlamagnea god.
Speaker 1: Peace to the planet is Monday.
Speaker 3: What's hot?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Where your headphones at?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 1: I took them all?
Speaker 3: Why are you taking your headphones?
Speaker 1: Because they didn't give me any them when I when I did virtual.
Speaker 8: Friday Friday when she wasn't here Friday, so she took her headphones to reason on Friday.
Speaker 3: And now you got them at home.
Speaker 1: But the good thing is that they had the big ones today because my hair is to the big so I don't really care. Somebody bring the headphones then might get me time.
Speaker 3: Can we get some headphones?
Speaker 9: Please?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I enjoyed my weekend though. Yeah, you was in the city, right, yes, city Winery and that that venue is very beautiful.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I love it. They had to make a few adjustments for me, but I love it. Adjustments, yeah, because you know it's that Peer fifty seven, right, And so I didn't know it was two in the city, but it was the one on eleventh Avenue think and and they had like it was like a bunch of tourists, like outside is like on a pier. So they had the curtains open, and you know, in a comedy show it has to be like very intimate, intimate, right, dark curtains are open. It was light. I was like, okay, you close those.
Speaker 3: Also, it's not a comedy club.
Speaker 1: No, it's set up like one. But no, I'm guessing that it's not people looking at you. So when you have a comic you have to make those accommodations to make it seem like a comic venue, comedy venue.
Speaker 4: But that can be distracting people taking pictures, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: All of that, All of that, and then also for the audience because they looking at it was going because it was a lot of walk ups, like people just seeing what was going on. They walked up, they wanted to get tickets, like oh, this is always just you know, people who didn't even know that I was there. But it was a great turn out. The crowd was amazing and just to be right there on the water. And then I officially have my son upay with me. Yes he is yep. School is over. So he's excited. I'm excited. So I got to kiss him goodbye this morning, like a going to work. I haven't done that in years, man, seriously, because I haven't, you know, like I haven't had like an actual job job like this and so and he was like, I'm not getting up going to brokers club like this. I'm not getting up.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 8: I did that that one, but I'm not doing How was y'all weeken?
Speaker 3: I was good.
Speaker 8: It was you know what the activities, Like you said, the school is ending, so all the activities are starting to end. So this week was my son last soccer game, which was sad because I like watching the play soccer, but I ain't go from being on that field when it's hot outside and that's something beating on your ass. I was like, thank god, So all that activities ended this week, and so I was I was happy about this, la.
Speaker 3: I kept the light.
Speaker 4: I went to a carnival with the family, and then I was down in Maryland at a four book sign and was a Rondell Mills.
Speaker 3: I ain't pronounce it right.
Speaker 1: Yet now, well it's sorry drumming the flues them.
Speaker 4: They were mad people out there too, trying to give me the pronounce it right and I could not.
Speaker 3: I still couldn't be getting pronounced it right.
Speaker 4: But oh yes, but yeah, they showed big love at Books a Million and Rondell.
Speaker 1: Mills Arrondo London was so happy.
Speaker 3: That's my girl love London.
Speaker 1: She I was like, I told me. She was like, why would you do that? Like I wanted to pop up a surprise and I'm like, yo, you can't pop up at a book sign of the surprise, and like especially if you got a book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and why would you want to wait in line?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Because she she was like, I'm a fan. I'm not. No, I bought my second Like I'm not.
Speaker 3: My girl said, yo, she's not appropriate.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was so hyped. She was so happy, yo, so she was made. You didn't write like a letter to her. I said, Now, it's just the book sign. She said, he's gonna write the Instagram name.
Speaker 3: Said, that's what for.
Speaker 1: She was excited. She already started the book.
Speaker 3: Thank you London.
Speaker 8: All right, well, let's get the show cracking. Congress Woman Jasmine Cracker will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 4: It says, our second time here on the Breakfast Club. Damn that. Oh man, we y'all paid attention last time she came. But something tells me, y'all gonna really pay attention this morning.
Speaker 8: And she's the one that also went at the other representative called the bad builty page whatever. But Jasmine had more to talk about than that. Absolutely, and we'll and we'll get in front page news next.
Speaker 3: You good now, red.
Speaker 8: Boys mess all here we go again. All right, front page news next. Maybe it's the breakfast slo Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's tej n V and ch Hilariy Charlamage the guy. We are to breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 8: Now, some quick sports. The Celtics meet the maverage one oh five ninety eight. The Celtics lead the series to nothing. Good morning Morgan.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Happy Monday, y'all.
Speaker 13: Are y'all votes are y'all registered to vote? Are y'all registered to vote? We've only got one hundred and forty eight days until election day. November fifth, and over the weekend, former President Trump was on the campaign trail in Nevada, which is a swing state. On Sunday, Trump told supporters that border security and energy policy would be one of his biggest priorities if elected in November. He said in his first week as president, he would crack down on the border and domestic drilling.
Speaker 12: Let's hear from Trump.
Speaker 10: The first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna close that border. Tight is the drum, and we're gonna let people come in, but only lger. The second thing we're gonna do about five minutes later, doesn't take long. We're gonna drill, baby drill. We're gonna get your energy costs.
Speaker 12: In ham Yeah. So yeah, dree baby drill.
Speaker 13: Trump also slamed President Biden, calling him a low IQ individual, saying if he was president, the attacks on Israel and Ukraine would not have happened. Trump also became visually upset when his teleprompters weren't working.
Speaker 12: He experienced technical issues.
Speaker 13: The temperatures were well over one hundred degrees in Vegas. And yeah, Fox poll Reese, a Fox newspole recently conducted showed that Trump is ahead of Biden in Nevada by five percentage points.
Speaker 4: So and it's interesting too, right, because you know when you're when you're running for president, you got to talk about what you will do. But if you were President Biden, you can talk about what you're actually doing. Because Biden has approved more oil and gas drilling permits on public land than Trump did. Why trumble was enough? So I don't though why they just don't immediately put that information out there. But I don't work for a campaign, so it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Matter to me.
Speaker 13: Ragmore, I said that I told you, Uh, moving on, Caitlin Clark won't be attending the Paris Olympics with Team USA on set.
Speaker 12: NBC News reported at the top pick from.
Speaker 13: The twenty twenty four WNBAA draft will stay behind while the US national team travels to Paris. Now, she did say that she was excited to watch the US women's basketball team compete in the upcoming summer games, adding that she isn't disappointed, but she's now using this as motivation to work towards something in the future, you know, using that snub as a little motivation. Now, the Indiana Fever guard to that USA Basketball officials did contact her before the news leaked out, so she got a heads up. And while the official team roster has not been announced, sources say it'll it'll be comprised of twelve veteran players. Team USA's first Olympic basketball game is set for July twenty ninth against Japan. Now this is interesting because I had to do my due diligence on this and see whether or not rookies have gone to the Olympics before. So in ninety six, Rebecca Lojo went, Yeah, two thousand and two, Diana Tarasi went Kandas Parker went in eight and Brianna's Stewart winning twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't understand the logic.
Speaker 4: And this at a time when all eyes are on women's basketball, why wouldn't you put the biggest draw in women's basketball on the team. I saw them saying that, you know, they didn't want to upset her fans because she would get limited playing time. But I mean, is it about them still? But is it about the playing time or is it about the promo?
Speaker 3: And marketing.
Speaker 4: Is it about, you know, getting as many eyeballs on women's basketball as possible.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand it either.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's Kate Lake Clark and she's probably one of the biggest draws in the w NBA. So the fact that you put her on that team and you know people are going to be wanting to watch it, and this is not just us, this is.
Speaker 4: Globally she's the biggest draw. She's not she's she's not the best player, not even as Wilson. But I mean you surrounded her with all the other greatest players. You got Asie Wilson on the team, you got a rounder still, you got a bunch of other people, and Diana Rossey's on the team. So they're gonna win the gold regardless, I would think. But you just you use her for promo and marketing.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, Okay, we're moving on.
Speaker 13: Maybe it's for the best because I heard Olympic Village can get a little freaky, which brings me to my final story.
Speaker 14: What excellent.
Speaker 13: A new sexually transmitted fungus has been found in the US for the first time, y'all. A raport out this week revealed that it's sexually transmitted ringworm has been found.
Speaker 12: In New York City.
Speaker 13: I am triple out there and for the first and the first case is a man in his thirties who developed a rash after reportedly having sex with men during trips to England and Greece.
Speaker 12: The CDC says cases of genital.
Speaker 13: Ringworm have been found all over the world, but the infection is not fatal, but dermatologists say it can cause permanent scarring, so of course, make sure you're protecting yourselves alight.
Speaker 3: It's like an old person. It's like old person, old ring worm. That's like old pals.
Speaker 1: Though mm yeah, what I'm saying, like you now you can catch it from sex, like yo, you gotta be a way of ringworm. Now that is crazy.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 12: Thank you. That's front page news.
Speaker 3: See on a minute, all right, everybody else, get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: Call us up right now. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Let us know how you're week.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 8: I was trying to see Bad Boys four, but I waited too late to see it and I couldn't get six tickets because you know, I got a big fan. I gotta bring all the kids. I couldn't get six tickets next to each other, so I got to see it this week.
Speaker 3: But it really is a kid appropriate seventeen and I think if you bring yeah, I think so, I'm no, I'm think of my eleven year old and my ten year old to be fine read it are it was not those PG seventeen or something like that.
Speaker 8: I never heard of PG seventeen. I thought, so it's bad boys. Take them to see It's bad boys. My eleven year old and my ten year old to be. I say, it's rated r rded yes for strong violence. You know what these kids watch? Please think Google see that they listened to the show. But yeah, I was gonna take my eleven year of ten year old, but everything was sold out. But anyway, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, get it off your chest, call us up right now.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast clubs. If your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something, call up now. Eight hundred five eighty five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: DJ?
Speaker 15: And just this toy every day.
Speaker 3: What's up, brother, get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 15: I want to just first say, just hilarious. You were the best person for the job, the most well rounded, and just literally the best in every category for the job. You work so well with everybody in there.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 15: And the main thing I wanted to get off my chest was, Man, we had people calling in a few days ago talking about why they voted for Trump even though he was found guilty of all these charges. And that was so crazy to me because everybody was saying things like one lady said that her family's voting for Trump, so what else can she do? But I'm like, okay, your family's also probably making bad family eating choice. Isn't bad family choicest. You're gonna follow them, aren't you dig that? You're just gonna just follow the patent?
Speaker 3: Right get.
Speaker 15: Another person said that Trump was cool because he was on the TV show and he gave us this money, and I was just like, we concerned with fame and that money wasn't given to us for no charity. People died, it was in need of desperation. Trump just got to sign his name on.
Speaker 4: That yeah, but the reality is he was president when all of that happened, so you know, he gets the credit for it, and people remember that people what you did. Doyn't forget what you said, but they'll never forget how you made them feel.
Speaker 2: That that is true.
Speaker 15: And only one actual person called was something political to say that. I had to go search and look up because I'm actually doing history on research on who to vote for. And on twenty nineteen, Trump passed a bill for two hundred and fifty million a year to go to black colleges, you know, historical black colleges. But like he said, he made it seem like he did this theme and that he's the one only giving out to him and stuff like you said, though Joe Biden had given out much more. And that guy also said that, you know, Joe Biden's a racism that he passed all these bills, and that the things that Trump did was minor as far as what he did with the New York City and taking out the things, but he only had minor power at that time. You give them more powers just going.
Speaker 14: To amplify his racism.
Speaker 15: I just it just was crazy to hear all those people say all these reasons they was voting for Trump, and they never said anything that actually was politically make sense. They didn't say, I don't like trans playing my sports, I don't like I don't like you know, the I'm against abortion. They didn't say anything that was an actual substance of political reasons. And it made me really start thinking, Chela made you right. I'm really scared when it's trying to vote.
Speaker 4: Well, Democrats suck a messaging And that's all I can tell you. Okay, That's why people feel, you know, the way they feel about Donald Trump, because whatever Donald Trump is saying or doing is getting through for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: It's not on the left. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 13: Yo?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Oh yo yo?
Speaker 2: Ye're just the tad man. I'm from some popstep And where you from, man with your college or whatever?
Speaker 3: Virginia seven five seven or South Hampton Rose area. Get it off your chest, brother.
Speaker 2: Boy, I gotta get off my chest for you because you're talking about you gonna bring your kids a bad wood. Further, it was a great movie.
Speaker 15: It was fired as the best one of the first one.
Speaker 2: But man, it's this stuff in there. Man, if you don't want to play to your kids that wait kids, Uh, you might not want to bring him.
Speaker 3: Grade it off for a reason, say no more.
Speaker 15: Right right, right, no, no, don't bring your kids. We had kids behind us.
Speaker 2: It was like the kids and they was that age and younger and man, it was just crazy for that moment how it said that statement, So don't bring them.
Speaker 3: Brother Tiffany was in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been there, he's been there.
Speaker 3: No more, man, get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to ben hit us up now. It's the breakfast slogan. Morning the breakfast clubs. This is your time to get it off your.
Speaker 3: Five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Hello, this he man?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Man's King the ball black King of all black? What's that?
Speaker 17: Brother?
Speaker 5: Yo? Man, I'm calling to congratulation. I love the show Man my go listen every morning. Man. I was, I'm a good team.
Speaker 18: Listen.
Speaker 5: I want to congratulate you. Charlemagne. First of all, a friend of mine showed me a YouTube video of your daughter sweet sixteen, where Cardy B came in and all of them white people there. I know your daughter's getting a very good education. I want to apologize. I want to congratulate your brothers. You conserve it, you deserve it, deserves it. Hey, hey, I ain't. I thought the daughter was the only black person there, and I can't. I said, man, congratulations, man, you've been in this game long.
Speaker 2: You deserve.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 2: I love the.
Speaker 3: Lord, have mercy boy.
Speaker 19: Hello, Hello, this is Tina from Colombia three.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 17: Hey, Hey, I think the question of the day when we were talking about bun Bee should have been the idiots who thought that that he was fitching. Those are the ones that should have been calling in because I think the vast majority of people feel that, yeah, they would have shot him.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's Bee did exactly what he was supposed to.
Speaker 17: Do, exactly.
Speaker 3: He shot him, and think most of us steel that way.
Speaker 17: I would have tortured him a little bit. But uh yeah, you know, I think the other the minority party, the people that think that this is mention, those are the idiots, shoot who should have been calling in this uh just for this topic.
Speaker 4: Well, you know you said you would have taken him a little bit. But the torture is the fact that he's going to be in prison for the next forty years.
Speaker 17: Yess right, Oh yeah, yeah, I would have got mine into though.
Speaker 4: Tina, go have some breakfast, Tina. I don't disagree with you, but that some breakfast. LUI this morning, get.
Speaker 3: It off your chest.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. Now we have just with the mess coming.
Speaker 1: Up social Adrian Brown was gonna get beat up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn it man. Yes, we'll talk about it in a little bit. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 8: Club Morning everybody. It's j n V, Jess, Hilary charlamagea God. We are the Breakfast Club and let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 20: You needs is real Wether, Hilarian's Jeff ca Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 4: Talk talk world why jests worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: She's the coaching.
Speaker 7: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 10: The time to set it off.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Bad Boys spot is officially out, but Stephen A. Smith wants Will Smith to clear up things before he watches it.
Speaker 18: Chris Rock will never get over that ever. I'm not saying he even has to apologize. I'm saying that while I watch him and Martin Lawrence promoting this movie, he has to sit down and talk to the black community. You can see all the white people around Will Smith all you want to. Black folks have loved and revered this man for decades. Everybody makes a mistake. This is not hatred. I love Will Smith still, but you got to have a conversation as to why you did that. I'm just saying a lot of folks ain't get over to that. A lot of folks find it hard to just go to the movies to watch you. I'm one of those people, and I never missed the Will Smith.
Speaker 4: Movie The Box Officers otherwise.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna see it this week.
Speaker 1: I feel crazy anything it was like two years ago. Don't nobody gotta sit down and y'all like, shut go see it. I like Steven Ate Smith, but relax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why do we talk like the black community is just one group of people? Yes, like black people are not monolithic. I totally disagree with Steven Ate Smith. In fact, the only person that Will Smith would have to talk to and explain why he did that would be to Chris.
Speaker 3: Chris, right, you don't nobody.
Speaker 1: No, he don't not shoot Steven, I nobody. It's so many people that didn't get over that, Like that.
Speaker 4: Just shows you into Tony Chris. Tony ain't over and I understand why, right, but no.
Speaker 8: But that just shows you why people are into these celebrities lives so much.
Speaker 3: That's what he will and Chris and you know, and go see the movie. And by the way, Chris probably don't give a damn not no more. You can't speak for Chris. I don't know how Chris feels about I don't think Chris seen the movie though, but you never know.
Speaker 1: He's still a comic. It's like whatever, you know what I'm saying. But the The movie is Will Smith's first major film since he slapped Chris at the Oscars in twenty twenty two. The movie bought in fifty six million opening weekend at the domestic box office. The numbers have passed the expected forty fifty million projection. It was the biggest opening weekend for a rated R film since the release of Oppenheimer last summer. I didn't see that, but I heard that was really really good. It's also his eighteenth number one opening as lead, and it's Will Smith's six highest domestic opening in his career. Like this, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: They're gonna do it five quickly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, two now it's also well. The film also had major success overseas, which contributed to the movie making one hundred and four point six million internationally. And the movie took one hundred million to make the budget, so it already exceeded the budget to made the money. Bag it. Hell yeah, and just the opening weekend, that's what's up. Yeah, congratulations.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy that there's movies in the movie theaters again, because I'm the type of person. No, I like going to the movie theater. I like getting my popcorn and my peanut m and MS and sitting in a movie theater. And there's two movies. It was The Best and Bad Boys for I gotta go see those in them.
Speaker 8: And I will say the last four years, usually it's easy to get into the movie theaters.
Speaker 3: It was no problem. But this weekend, oh yeah, it was packed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I also loved seeing them. They got on lot, Like Will Smith was actually going to movie theaters with a mask on and just like a couple of security and they didn't even know that he was sitting next to them, like fans and they were all black people, but yeah, like he was sitting next to them. And then he'll like when when the movie's over and they all walking out, he'll walk up to certain people like it was really good, wasn't it, and they'd be so shocked, like and none.
Speaker 4: Of those people in the theater said, you know what, we need to have a conversation. But by the way, nobody even asked Chris, I mean asked Will Smith about that on his press run now finally because the publishers told people not to, but nobody asked me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and whatever, it's about bad boys for So congratulations to him and Martin for that. Adrian Browner lost to Blair Cobs like we knew he would. If you remember things that hit it between Adrian Browner and Blair during their final press conference before the fight.
Speaker 21: Oh, don't play no games because my got guns with them, bro, and and I'm dead serious, bro, And all I gotta do is point and they gonna blow. So don't come up here playing. Don't don't make no false moves. I was smack to shout you money. So we we're gonna promote the fight, but just be respectful, don't do no dumb sh and I'm serious, bro, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 3: More shoot you in your ship.
Speaker 1: You ain't about none of that.
Speaker 3: Use a boy. He's June.
Speaker 21: I'm gonna show you June seventh money.
Speaker 3: He's angry, you big man, I'm gonna beat that off your nails. Well, you physic boy, we get on the scale today. Good, we get on naked, get naked.
Speaker 16: Take it off, take the socks off too.
Speaker 1: Well. After that, Adrian lost. Damn yes, not only did he lose, but Blair knocked his tooth out After the fight. Adrian also revealed that he fractured his elbow and to his shoulder, but he said he fought through it, which he did not.
Speaker 3: And uh.
Speaker 1: He also made it known that he got his teeth fixed already.
Speaker 3: So glad you didn't bet no cheeks collecting.
Speaker 1: But yo, here's the type like he need a guy at this point. It's like every fight he always say that, boy, bring the gun because you get knocked out every damn time. What but oh yeah, all right, so this is the last one that's listen. I got a little the time, Jennifer Lopez and Benetflex are selling their sixty million dollar marital home amid I hate that word after divorce firmors all right, so social stowd TMZ. On Saturday, the couple was selling their home that they purchased together last May get this show. They purchased the home for it. It's forty three thousand square feet and they purchased in cash for sixty point eighty five million dollars ten months after they got married in Las Vegas. They're asking for around sixty sixty five million for the mansion.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 1: This house got seventeen bedrooms, thirty bathrooms, and parking for eighty vehicles. This is like a small mall.
Speaker 3: That's a small mall. That's Beverly Hills, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay then, but just crazy, that's crazy. Oh and Dinny also said j Lo that day like she was seeing at dinner by herself.
Speaker 12: They so dramatic.
Speaker 1: But yeah, some people go bet by themselves in times.
Speaker 3: Unless time we have dinner by yourself. Yes, mad people do that. Last, mad people do.
Speaker 1: That before I was pregnant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they go to restaurants by themself, They go to movie theaters by.
Speaker 3: Themselves, Jennifer low Pezes not y yeah, damn restaurant myself.
Speaker 1: But they but the Prascio media funny, they just stood it out there like we've seen her dinner alone.
Speaker 4: Or when they say alone, they mean just her. I'm sure security is around, but they mean like there's no date with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying security didn't take her to you know, she wanted to go to dinner Varsity, but she had to be protected. Social security was there, but she was sitting there by sou Right, That's That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I just say if j Lo can go eat dinner by herself at this point, that's why the tickets ain't selling because Jaylo should be called in pandema. I'm not saying pandemonium, but just still j Lo at the end of the day. Yeah, I'm sure she would. I guess depends what she goes to though. Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, when we come back, we got front page news from the Black Information Network.
Speaker 3: Morgan would be joining us. So it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is j Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamage, the guy we are the breakfast Club. All right, let's get in some front page news if you're just joining us again. In some quick sports, the Celtics beat the Maverige one O five ninety eight.
Speaker 3: The celtiss lead that series two nothing. Good morning, Morgan morning.
Speaker 13: So today the White House is hosting a concert for June's heat.
Speaker 12: That's happening tonight.
Speaker 13: The Biden administration announced the lineup for the concert, which will be held on the South Lawn at the White House. The event will boast award winning black artists from across musical genres, including Patti Lafelle, Gladys Knight, Patina Miller, Rahem Devan, Kirk Franklin, Trombone Shorty, Anthony Hamilton, Charlie Wilson, Britney Spencer and Dougie Fresh and Roywood Junior and the President's own US United States Marine Band are also on the lineup. This is the second time the White House is doing this event. Last year was the first, and the year before that, in twenty twenty two, President Biden made the proclamation to observe the day, making it a federal holiday.
Speaker 12: Will y'all think about that?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: June team nine until next Wednesday? So why they're having this so early because they don't want all black people to be late.
Speaker 13: Just telling everybody it's a federal holiday, so that means they'll be off.
Speaker 3: All the holiday. Monday.
Speaker 8: Oh, I mean it'll be over celebrate four for July events on four July.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, why did you can't celebrate June te on junie teenth?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think I'm gonna be I'm gonna want to be off on Juneteenth.
Speaker 12: I mean I'll be here, but yeah, they.
Speaker 8: Tell them Sunday, so they get there Wednesday. That's I think, what's trying to do?
Speaker 13: Oh Lord, So June nineteenth Act is the actual day, and of course this has been represented eighteen sixty five, over two years after President Lincoln declared the end of slavery, US troops marched into Galveston, Texas to enforce the Emanciplation Proclamation to free the last enslaved black Americans in Texas.
Speaker 12: They got the memo late. I don't like that, yes, So moving on.
Speaker 13: The US Supreme Court is expected to make some major decisions this month. The conservative majority court has several noteworthy decisions pending before summer recess, including cases regarding presidential immunity, the obstruction charges against capital rioters, the FDA's approval of the new abortion pill, and abortion access in medical emergencies. A report from Politico says a ruling on the abortion access case could come as early as today. Also on the dock at this month our ruling on rulings on gun access for domestic abusers and whether bump stocks can be federally banned. Yes, they've got a busy month ahead of them and Pope Francis more world news. Pope Francis is set to meet with a host of comedians from around the world at the Vatican next Friday. Those invited include h Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Rock, Conan O'Brien, Woopy Goldberg, and others. Over the weekend, the Holy See Press Office said the meeting is with more than one hundred entertainers. It's meant to celebrate the beauty of human diversity and promises to be a moment of meaningful intercultural dialogue and sharing of joy and hope.
Speaker 12: Just did you get an imitation? No going to the Vatican?
Speaker 4: No, it sounds like they do. They really do want to make people laugh inside the Vatican. Sound like it's all the comedians that.
Speaker 13: Dan bud you know, think it'll be an actual important conversation about spreading joy and hope and laughter across the world.
Speaker 12: None of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just I didn't get an invite. He asks me about the invite. I ain't get that. Would you have gone?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 14: Sure?
Speaker 4: I mean they got the right people if that's what they're you know, looking to do, you know, spread joy. They invite all the people that bring laugh to the laughter the folks.
Speaker 12: All right, well that's your front page.
Speaker 13: Names yes on social at Morgan Media, m O r G Y and Media. And for more news coverage you can follow at Black Information Network and bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett will be joining uh, we'll be joining us. We're gonna kick it with her next and don't move. It's to Breakfast Club Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Warning everybody at DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 8: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 8: She's a member of the US House of Representatives from Texas's thirtieth district. Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett welcome.
Speaker 1: Hey y'all.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't like that this paper says that she's the owner of Bleach Blonde bas build.
Speaker 3: If that's the only.
Speaker 16: Thing you've ever done in her whole life, you mean it is not the only thing, that's for sure, that's right. Yeah, But you know what, I appreciate black Twitter. So let's give it up a black Twitter, because we have every genre of song, from country to gospel to trap music. We got it all. In fact, there's a really good blues version as well. But it's it's amazing when you think about politics. I never thought that I would be in a space where number one, I would have to clap back on somebody like that, like in a committee. But number two, that people would actually pick it up and start educating people through song.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 22: Yeah, they educated.
Speaker 16: Them about you know, Maga and Marge and all of them. So I appreciate it for what it is. But you're right, I'm so much more than that, And I appreciate that way before B six came around, Like you understood, like the fights that I was waging for everyday people.
Speaker 8: Let's break down for people that don't understand what happened that day because we only seen clips.
Speaker 3: So what happened that day in front of Congress? So what happened? Break down everything that was going on.
Speaker 16: Okay, so imagine that y'all skip out on work, because that's what the Republicans did. They decided to skip out on work. So we were supposed to have a hearing about our Attorney General Merrit Garland, and they basically want to lock him up. But instead what they did is they came to New York and they sat with Trump and coddled him while he was in trial, trying to make sure he did not get locked up. So they then said, you know what, since we decided we was going to skip work, We're going to do our work at eight pm. So we Democrats have been on the hill all day. They come back, we go into a hearing so that they could hold him make consense. We get in a hearing and Marjorie Taylor Green, the gentle lady from Georgia, starts talking about Judge Mrshan And I was like, girl, do you know why we're here? Because like literally like I'm already feeling away because I've been there all day while y'all was playing up in New York, like, go talk in front of those cameras about Judge Marshaan, say what you got to say or whatever, because they were trying to get around the gag order. But I'm like, we to talk about this. Say whatever you want to say about the attorney general. And so she then came and me was like, well do you know why we hear? And she decided she wanted to talk about my eyelashes, and I was like, girl, you haven't like looked at yourself. But I didn't get up. I didn't, you know, immediately say anything. I tried to follow the rules. They let that slide do it. I was kind of upset about that because it's that was the thing. They did let it slide, and it was against the rules. So we have this rule talking about like personalities, you're not allowed to engage in personalities.
Speaker 22: Basically I can't talk noise.
Speaker 3: And why she makes it seem like your last you so long when you got twenty five m's of.
Speaker 5: The what a minute?
Speaker 22: I'm mad that you know the links neverthe.
Speaker 3: Last he wears them on the weekends. I got four daughters, a.
Speaker 22: White You know what, even if I got it don't matter. It doesn't matter, like you're doing the most.
Speaker 16: And honestly, you only came for me because of a black woman, because there are white women. In fact, one of my white female colleagues came up to me and was like, I may need to bleach my hair, but I'm not getting rid of my lashes. And so she was like, you know, Marge would never say anything to me about my lashes, because she does she wears lashes or whatever.
Speaker 22: So I'm just like girl.
Speaker 16: And my initial retort, what I wanted to say is you may still have your husband if you wore some lashes, but.
Speaker 22: Nevertheless, but but I did not do that. I did not do.
Speaker 16: That, and AOC jumped in almost immediately, and AOC was like, yo, this is against the rules.
Speaker 22: But Comber decided I'm gonna let it slide.
Speaker 16: And of course, it to me is like what we always experienced as black women. It's like, you know what, somebody punched you, but that's okay, You'll be all right. Girls sit there and take it. But here's the deal. We on the same level and I'm not gonna sit there. And so I wanted to exemplify number one. If this is how you're gonna conduct these hearings. I just want you to know that it's gonna be some real smoke coming from our side.
Speaker 8: So when did you write beach blonde, bad built, butch body, Like that's something. Now, that's something you had to cut because that was it.
Speaker 3: Was, It was, It was amazing.
Speaker 16: It wasn't so when Comber decided that he was gonna rule against me, I literally looked over at her because she sits on the same road as me, and from head to toe it is what I did. And then I was like, and I literally from head to toe. So my granny used to talk about people being bad built, So that was an ode to my granny.
Speaker 22: That was something she used to say.
Speaker 4: The thing I loved about it and you said you said it earlier about how if y'all keep coming at us like this, there's gonna be smoked from absolutely this side. They should always be smoked from the side because everybody asks like what they do is so normal to the point that it's become normalized. And when you did that, it's like, finally somebody's you know, reacting the way they should react to them.
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, no, you're right.
Speaker 16: I mean I think that we've seen the devolution of politics because people aren't pushing back and saying this is not what we do right. And it's interesting because once I pushed back, there was all of this like attention on me, right, It's like.
Speaker 22: Well, you were wrong. I mean, what didn't Michelle Obama say?
Speaker 16: It was all this kind of stuff, right, And it's like, no, like that's I don't think that that's what the former first Lady meant is for me to sit there and just have you talk to me crazy And we're on the same level and we're in a business setting, and so I'm like, that's not how I would think that she would want me to act. But nevertheless, I know my district, and how is it. I'm gonna say that I'm gonna fight for you, and I can't fight for myself. So I'm not going to sit here and allow the likes of a Marjorie Taylor Green to sit there and clown me. But I did try to go through the process, which is something that she ignored. She's always ignored the rules. I at least was trying to follow the rules, but once they failed, I still never got outside of the rules. But it's about doing what they are trying to do and doing get better and doing it right.
Speaker 22: And that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 16: And I think that the Democrats have all the intellect on our side, so we can always do it better and smarter.
Speaker 22: It's a matter of are we going to.
Speaker 8: How did you feel about when you see people pulling up at Marjorie Green at the airport?
Speaker 16: Oh that that was amazing because that's going to happen all the time. Now, that was amazing video.
Speaker 22: Yeah, no, no, no, that took me out.
Speaker 16: It was funny because I was laid in bed and the person that sent me the video was actually Amanda, So Amanda see yeah, so she sent me the video and she's like, I'm sure this will make you smile.
Speaker 4: And it's like the only thing I don't like about that door is I don't want them to encourage to do that to y'all because they're a little they're gonna be different.
Speaker 16: No no, no, no no, but you know what, they always are a little different with us. I mean I get death threats, right, Like, that's not what it should be to be in politics, Like I've not done anything that should warrant anybody trying to take my life. Ever, And so they are the radicals that are always pushing the envelope so to speak, right, like these are the ones that went into the Capitol and trying to tear it apart. So like they about that life anyway, right, Like you're talking about neo Nazis, you're talking about the proud boys, Like I'm the type of person that they gonna come for my neck no matter what. And so we do have to have heightened security consistently. And when you look at the threats overall against politicians, they have consistently gone up and up and up. The thing that Marjorie should be lucky to have is that black people may play in your face, but like legitimately, like as far as harming you, they're not going to try to do that, Like they're not. And that black woman was absolutely right, because you know, Marjorie want to talk like big and bad and comedian. She's like, oh, did I hurt your feelings and all of that, but she ain't have nothing to say when that black woman came through the airport.
Speaker 22: And was like, oh so you ain't like that, huh sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know with the first lady, it's interesting, right because the phrase when they go low, we go high. I feel like that applied to the time that she was in twenty twenty four and probably beyond. It's a totally different time.
Speaker 16: It is a different time, But I also want people to evaluate the lens in what she was working from. She was the only black first Lady, right, like this is she's on a level up here. And what was happening is you had all of these trolls that were online and they were saying all kinds of things. They were calling her all types of animals, they were talking about her appearance, they were doing all the things that racist people do, right, is trying to tear her down physically because they could not match her intellectually whatsoever. But what does it look like if the First Lady is literally lowering herself to respond to somebody that is hiding behind a keyboard and got five followers, Like that is literally going low?
Speaker 22: You are lower than her.
Speaker 16: But what we're talking about in this scenario, like which other first Ladies we're trying to come at her and talk about her. That's not what that was. But literally we're on the same level. We have the same space that we occupy. So this isn't about going low to low but as Simone Sanders says, it's about going toe to toe.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 8: We got more with Jasmine Crockett. When we come back to Don't Move, It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarie Charlamage, the God.
Speaker 8: We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking in with Congresswoman Jasmine Crocket. I got a question, now, what is your thoughts on Donald Trump's conviction and is that going to Does that help?
Speaker 3: What does that make it?
Speaker 14: See?
Speaker 3: You can say whatever you would to say.
Speaker 16: Listen, I guess it made it worse since you know, those broke people decided that they was going to get a last five dollars and donate to them and crash his website to the extent that he got a bunch more money just to pay for his appeals process not to go into the election. I think that for a lot of us who have seen him play in our face and having the audacity to say I'm gonna play in your face and I'm gonna get away with it, which is what he's always said to us, even before he ever got caught up, I think that it was a good moment for white privilege to recognize that, like you can get the smoke too in this country. But I also think that it's a really sad moment in our country because we really are only a two party system. For those that don't know, a third party person ain't gonna win presidency, at least not this term, right, Like you're not even gonna get on all of the ballots to be able to get it. Like there's a lot of reasons, so they're not gonna win. So it's between Joe and it's between Trump and the fact that we have someone who has thirty four felony counts worth of convictions. And literally there's places. Eric Walwell just brought this up and committee. He's like, it's the whole list of countries you can't even go to. So how are you going to be the leader of the free world and you're not even allowed to in certain countries because you're a convicted felon.
Speaker 3: You can't go to Toronto.
Speaker 22: There's a lot.
Speaker 16: He went through a whole list of like places can't go to Japan.
Speaker 3: What do they amend to where?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I want to stay in the future, but how do you make it to where that can't happen when you can't have all of those convictions still be president.
Speaker 22: That's that's legislation.
Speaker 16: I mean, I think that our framers never contemplated that, right because he can't be a city councilman, he can't be a mayor, he can't sit on the school board, he can't.
Speaker 1: Do state.
Speaker 16: Correct So I just don't think that our framers really contemplated some of this. It's just like we have a bunch of January sixers that are running for Congress right now, like, because the only thing you can run for and have convictions on your record is to get six figures from the federal government. That is the only thing that you can do. And you know, I think that Trump could have an opportunity. I think that he really is again planning face like oh yeah, black people, they gonna feel me because I got convictions.
Speaker 22: To bro It's completely different. Number one.
Speaker 16: Number two, I think that you could have a real conversation, like I've worked on bandibox type of legislation that would at least allow people to get an opportunity to get in do that interview, like what legislation do you want to pass based upon the experience that you're saying that you had personally, there is legislation that could help people, especially when we start talking about those that have a record. So many people aren't able to go to college because of their record.
Speaker 22: They're not able to well, they can't get the funding.
Speaker 16: Let me say that they aren't able to get certain housing because they have a record. They aren't able to qualify for so many jobs because they have a record, and we're talking about hourly jobs. So I think that there is a good opportunity. But MAGA isn't really about their life. They're not about critical thinking, they're not about providing solutions for other people.
Speaker 22: They just don't want their cult leader to have to.
Speaker 16: Deal with a life of policies that have forever consistently held black and brown communities down.
Speaker 4: You know that narrative that black people, black men in particular are supporting Trump because he's a criminal. You know that came from the right Like, that wasn't a narrative that started in our communities in any way shape before him.
Speaker 3: The right wing media started that narrative.
Speaker 4: Trump started that narrative, and now you have a few people adopting it, and I don't understand why.
Speaker 22: Yeah, no, I absolutely don't believe it.
Speaker 16: And maybe for those that have never interacted with us, it probably is easy for them to believe or for them to parrot.
Speaker 22: But I talk to real people now.
Speaker 16: Will I say that there are some people that are turned off and they're saying I don't want to vote at all.
Speaker 22: I will absolutely say that.
Speaker 16: I run into that where people are like, yo, I just don't really feel like either party is doing anything for me, so what's the point, right? I do run into that type of conversation, But I don't run into a conversation where people are like, oh, yeah, so I'm just gonna go out and vote for Trump.
Speaker 22: Like I see it online a little bit, but I feel like.
Speaker 16: We don't know what's real and what's not because we know that China as well as Russia have consistently tried to interfere with our elections by doing so much online. So I don't know how many of these accounts are real or not. But like I have a majority black district. When I go home, I'm not dealing with it. They just like, I'm not really sure that I really want to vote that much.
Speaker 4: People don't understand when you say I'm not feeling any of this right now, it doesn't mean, hey, I'm leaving from the Democratic Party to go correct vote for Donald Trump. It's like I'm part of the exhausted majority.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That is a problem though, right, because it is I'm not voting for, you know, the Democrats side. Then you allow more people to vote Republicans, I was going to ask, or they may not vote at all. That could be a problem.
Speaker 16: Yeah, But like when we're talking about a numbers game, like if we decide to stay at home, right, Like I'm headed to Detroit here in a second, right, Like.
Speaker 22: I got to get to Detroit.
Speaker 16: I got to make sure that I'm talking to people because one of the things I think we run into is like we want to beat up on people and be like, yo, you gotta go vote because people die, which is true, right, Like I feel that I get it, right, But if you didn't see your mother, your father, your grandparents like marching, like, you're not necessarily so connected to that, right, And it's a matter of informing people like what is voting get me?
Speaker 22: What do I get out of it?
Speaker 3: Is right?
Speaker 16: And so I like to tell people, like I know that they try to blame the president for everything that's bad in their lives and usually don't really give them credit for anything that's good in their lives.
Speaker 22: But it's not just the president, you know.
Speaker 16: The fact is right now, House Democrats are some of the most popular people in politics right now. Like it's looking to the House, it's looking to the Senate. It takes all of us because the president can't really do much by himself. He just did an executive order as it relates to the border and immigration, and so now people are like, well, that's too late or that ain't enough. You're right, it takes legislation, and that's what he tried to do. They have legislation that was ready to go that he was going to sign into law. But he can't do it all on his own, and so chances are there will potentially be litigation as it relates to the executive order.
Speaker 22: But at least the president can.
Speaker 16: Say I tried, because Trump is the one that said, hire Republicans.
Speaker 22: Follow me, I'm your leader.
Speaker 16: Do not allow this legislation to go forward, even though they it works collaboratively in the way the government is supposed to work. So I just want to say that listen, people need to recognize their power and they need to start showing up and telling people listening you work for me, because that's what it is.
Speaker 22: I serve at the pleasure of the people. And you need to start telling.
Speaker 16: People what it is that you want and what it is that you need, and when they don't give it to you vote them out. Like that's just it's very simple. But I don't think that people really understand what all we can do. Like we talked about SNAP benefits last time I was here. We had a whole like thirteen hour markup where the Republicans are like, we're not going to do this.
Speaker 22: So I made it clear.
Speaker 16: I was like, you know that like more a rural America uses SNAP benefits than urban America. So I was like, I do want to be clear that I'm fighting for my constituents, but I'm also fighting for yours. And so many of these Republicans talked about, well, yeah, I was raised on SNAP, so you forgot or you just don't care, Like I don't understand what's going on. But like when people are talking about the cost of food being so high, part of that we can control, part of that we can do something about, but we definitely can do something about making sure that we put a few more dollars in your pocket.
Speaker 22: Or the child tax credit.
Speaker 16: Like people got, you know, an extra three hundred dollars a child. They didn't really know why they were getting that, they didn't know where it came from. But that was this administration that was saying, hey, we're going to give you this child tax credit. It cut African American child poverty into half.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 16: But then the Republicans ended up in control of the House and they like, yeah, so we not about that life, but their constituents in rural America needed it too. So we did a little compromise of something, and there's a little something that's coming down the pipe, but it's not enough, right, So like we have to let people know you actually received extra money. And that was this administration understanding that it was hard.
Speaker 4: You have to let people know that because you know, people are still stuck on the stimulus checks and they.
Speaker 16: Still still they're still on the demis And everybody got arrested for PPP.
Speaker 3: That's true. I was still kicking it with Jasmine Crockets. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: It's dj NV Jess Hilarius Charlomagne, the guy we are the breakfast club. We're still kicking in with Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne, why are you the only person in the Democratic Party who seems to understand that the language of politics is dead?
Speaker 22: I don't know that I'm the only person.
Speaker 4: Your messages very well, and you message to where people can understand. Like one of my little Minte's I don't want to say little. She's a grown woman, but she's not quite thirty yet. But she saw you in Georgia last week. Oh yeah, yeah, and she literally sent me a video of you talking because you said to the people, you should go out there and support this administration. This administration has done a lot. I think you told them go google what they've done. You probably don't know what they've donecause they've done so much. And she was like, I need Jasmin to tell me, you know what exactly they did. But I'm saying all that to say, they're listening to you and want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 3: Could you message very well?
Speaker 22: I think that.
Speaker 16: I think it's really my legal training, right, Like I would walk into jury's all over and when you walk in and your talking to a jewelry.
Speaker 22: You're talking to everyday people.
Speaker 16: But I have legal principles that I have to translate, and so I had to know what the law was. But I had to I couldn't talk to you in Legalese. I had to be able to translate for you and be.
Speaker 17: So.
Speaker 16: One of my best friends from law school and in law school, we have this dictionary called the Blacks Law Dictionary, and so when we were in law school, he'd be like, Yo, I don't understand what happened in class. I need you to give me the Black's Law version. And so I'd be like, so when yo, cousin Pookie like I would so I would break it down right. But I think that we do get caught up on the language, and the reality is that most everyday people don't live in our bubble. So we have to make sure that we're communicating in a way that they understand and we're doing the work. But we also need to do some media training. I just talked about that. I'm like, we need everybody to do media training. I haven't had any, but be because I have been consistently in front of audiences for years, I think that I know how to maneuver a little bit, but you never know when, like the next tornado or whatever is coming through your community, and you have to get in front of a camera, and you need to be able to communicate with the people that you serve and make them understand what you're saying in a very digestible and very quick way. We don't talk and sound bites either, Like Democrats believe in giving you the entire project twenty twenty five, like they want to give you like a full thesis. Because we do put a lot of thought into stuff. It's why we don't do well on messaging on immigration. Immigration has so many layers and it's so complicated, and we want to tell everybody and it's like we can't do that. Let's just go ahead and keep this simple. There's nothing simple about immigration, nothing at all. But the simple messaging is winning even if it's not true. And that's the other thing. Republicans will lie. They will lie just to put something out there, and Democrats are like trying to.
Speaker 22: Prove why they're lying, and it's like, when you got time for it, just flap them down something.
Speaker 3: I just listen to people.
Speaker 4: Like you said, like I've repeated things that I've heard and seen activists in Chicago talking about in regards to you know, the border, what I've heard and seen people hearing New York talking about when it comes to you know, immigration. So it's like I'm repeating what the people are saying. Yeah, you can't chalk that up as mag of messaging.
Speaker 22: No, no, no, you can't.
Speaker 16: And we have to listen, Like even if people don't understand, like why this or that is happening, we can't make people feel uncomfortable with talking to us. We have to listen to them and say we understand, and then we have to do our best to educate them on what it is that we can and what we can't do, because some people think that we can fix it all and we can't, or they think they don't realize that, like nothing's getting fixed because the Republicans control the House, Democrats kind of control the Senate, and then we have the president. Like it takes an entire team. And that's the message that I'm sending everybody is like, don't just worry about the top. You need to worry about all the way down to the state House. Right now in the state of Texas, they're like, you know, what we want to bring about, the death penalty for women that seek abortions. They literally want you to choose death or death. That is insane. So the President of the United States, unless he has a Democratic House and send it, he can't fix what the state of Texas is doing. So you absolutely have to pay attention to who also is on the state level that you're voting for. So I just want people When I said Google, I was trying to make sure that people understand that they also have an obligation, right like, we have to do our part. We have to educate, We have to communicate. It costs a lot of money for us to communicate. You got to spend millions and millions of dollars to get on cable TV, to get on broadcast TV, to get on radio. You have to do a lot to communicate to people, to send mail. You don't have to do as much to do it on social media, but it takes a lot. But I also want people to start understanding that they also have an obligation.
Speaker 22: This is your vote.
Speaker 16: If I'm out there telling you to vote for me, I'm not gonna tell you the bad stuff about me. I'm gonna just sell myself to you, right, But just like when you go buy a car, it's like, you know.
Speaker 22: What the car is good and this and that and whatever.
Speaker 16: The car salesman gonna tell you everything amazing, but you gotta do your research and you got to find out where this car lasts and that kind of stuff. So I just also want to encourage people to just jump on Google and do a little bit.
Speaker 22: Of research as well.
Speaker 4: Is it true to after the B six comments happened, the vice president calls you and just laughed and hung.
Speaker 3: Up the phone.
Speaker 16: She did not call and laugh, But I will tell you that I love our vice president and she is very.
Speaker 22: Protective specifically in my opinion.
Speaker 16: I mean she may be protective with some other people, but of us as black women.
Speaker 22: So she does call to check.
Speaker 16: She will have us come over to her residence and want to sit down and have a very real conversation about our challenges because she also experiences a lot of this. So I feel like we have an amazing sister circle with the Vice president because no matter how big she is, she always takes the time. And I'm sitting there like you're checking out me, like because I know how they come for her throat.
Speaker 4: You know why we're waiting for her to have her own clap backs because we saw her in those sining hearings back in the day. We know that's in her. If you ever sat down with the VP, you know that's in her.
Speaker 22: No, the VP, she's got it.
Speaker 16: And obviously she was a trial lawyer as well, and she's a black woman, so like she's got it. I do want people to understand that when it comes to the vice presidential role, it is a supporting cast member. And I think that because she is the first of her kind, and because we there were people that went out and said, I'm voting because they wanted to vote for her.
Speaker 3: I want to vote.
Speaker 22: Yeah, there were a lot of people that did that.
Speaker 16: So I think that people want more of her than like the actual role allows for our calls for at times, right like when I in fact, when I was in Atlanta, one of the things I said, I was like, most people can't even name five of the vice presidents, Like they can't, like they don't know of the vice presidents because it's always been a supporting cast member. And I think that unfortunately, just like almost everything in black folks lives and definitely in black women's lives.
Speaker 22: So much more is expected of us.
Speaker 3: People like you.
Speaker 4: Give me hope in the future of the Democratic Party. What's the website for the Bleach Blonde?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 16: Class Back Collection dot com. Yes, the Clap Back.
Speaker 3: The Back Collection dot com dot com.
Speaker 22: That's right, Get your shirt, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 8: Jasmine Crockett, it's the Breakfast Left. Good morning Monday.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Thank you to congress Woman jabing the Crockett for pulling up on us. That's right again, she pulled up on us about four or five months ago. Y'all paid attention, But something tells me y'all paid attention a little bit more this morning.
Speaker 3: That's right. Well, we are to Breakfast Club. Let's get to jest with the.
Speaker 20: Message is realis just ca Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't don't spell nobody?
Speaker 3: Why jes WORLDWHI on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: He's a She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 20: Get you to see.
Speaker 2: That's time to set it off.
Speaker 1: So keim Porter's dad Jake spoke the Rolling Stones recently and shed his thoughts about the video of did he a sultan Cassie, He said he was disgusted, and he added, I wouldn't treat my enemy like that. It was despicable. I couldn't believe it. I was in Vietnam and I wouldn't do that to my enemy. He probably wasn't on the front lines then he was branging it back, But Jake answered, and he also answered no when they asked him if he had ever seen Colmbs physically abuse his daughter Kim during their marriage, and he added that anything that he had seen was never to that extent, but it made him wonder. He said that Kim loved did he, but couldn't live with him in the same home. He said in quotes, I think he was a very jealous person. They both loved each other. Loves was Kim's love was legitimate, Buffy's love. I don't know what he calls love, you know what I mean. I really don't think he has any idea what love is. He also said he was shocked by Diddy's behavior in the video and images, that it surprised a lot of people, and he also sent his love to Cassie and expressed that now his only concern is the kids, his grandchildren. So that came out of that. I've seen a lot of people was just like to that extent. So he knew something was going on, but like he said, he never seen Holmes like physically hit her, but like probably just barking at her, very arguing, arguing, you know, something like that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, because you ain't gonna let nobody yell at your daughter in front of you, neither might you know, you'll stay out the way if it's a argument my husband argument, right, Like I d not watching mouth now, husband, they weren't they weren't married, right, you know what I mean? Yeah, watching mouth now, I'm probably he didn't give the real old you ever seen him do anything like that to Kim.
Speaker 1: He's still alive any Yeah. Howard University revokes Didty's honorary degree. So the Board of Trustees unanimously voted to revoke Ditty's Doctorate of Humanity's honorary degree. The honorary degree was given to him in twenty fourteen. The board also agreed to return didt He's one million donations to the school, and cancel Is pledged to donate an additional million and in the scholarship program in his name. The university released a statement saying mister Combs's behavior, is captured in a recently released video, is so fundamentally incompatible with Howard University's core values and beliefs that he is deemed no longer worthy to hold the institution's highest honor. They also shared that his name will be removed from all the documents listings honorary degree recipients of Howard University, and he'll lose all honors and privileges associated with the degree.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I know he olded him one million because he said he was going to donate and never did. But you said he gave them another million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, million before the additional one, and he said that he was gonna give that he didn't give. He gave a million and they returned it.
Speaker 3: Like I understand revoking the degree.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't give the money back, though, because that money goes to kids who actually need right, that goes.
Speaker 3: To scholarships and things of that nature. I wouldn't give the money back. Yeah, but how do you take his how do you take that degree back? You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Because the reason you take it right back, But the reason he got the degree was the things that he did for Howard that regardless of who he is as a person and how nasty that video is.
Speaker 3: He still did a lot for students at Howard University. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want him to have an honorary degree. I don't want him to be in a represent amni institution.
Speaker 1: I don't even want him, like they don't even want him associated with the school, Like it goes against the core beliefs and and the value.
Speaker 8: He went there for two years though, didn't he It's an he did go that he did go. He went to that con every day, went there for two years. Did he went to Howard? He just didn't graduate. He didn't graduate.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, he didn't graduated graduate. He went there and is younger he went when he was in college. Yeah, you like back in the day, what me?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 8: I'm just asking, how do you just give the money back? When what he's saying a degree? What he paid for the degree?
Speaker 3: That's what I said, what are you saying this morning? It's an honorary degree they gave him.
Speaker 8: They take it back because of but they gave him that degree because of all the help that he gave Howard.
Speaker 3: Understand and wanting to take it back.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't give the money back though. The money you go to, the money you stayed with this take the degree.
Speaker 1: You got to tell you no, you don't know, you don't. Yeah, that's a difference in opinion. That's what the people and the comments were arguing back and forth, like no, he don't need to get the money back. Does that help students? And then like, h no, give it. If you're going to take his honorary degree, then but this is the thing, what they have taken his degree if he did graduate and actually earn it.
Speaker 3: Huh, you can't take that, you heard. No, degree, you can't take that.
Speaker 1: That's why when you buy a degree, that's take that going back. So all right now moving on. Ryan Garcia arrested for vandalism in Beverly Hills. He was detained in California on Saturday for this.
Speaker 23: Professional boxer Ryan Garcia is free tonight after being arrested linked this afternoon for felony vandalism at the Waldorf Astoria in Beverly Hills. Beverly Hills police say Garcia caused fifteen thousand dollars worth.
Speaker 1: Of damage to hotel property.
Speaker 23: What the twenty five year old fighter actually broke is still unclear. After being booked, ESPN reporting the fighter complained of a medical issue and was taken to Cedar son A Medical center. His attorney says the boxer may also be charged with public intoxication. Garcia is now free with no court date having been set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any damage over four hundred dollars can be considered a felony in California, So that's crazy. How Dick can't tell is what he broke or anything. But his attorney, Darren Shazebbe Chavez, issued a statement say yes being Saturday night and said Ryan has been open about his struggles with mental health over the past few years, and at this time, he is dealing with an immense emotional burden. The support and understanding from fans and the public are crucial as he navigates through these personal challenges. We are working diligently to provide Ryan with the resources he needs. And then he recently received devastating news about his mother's health that may have led to these events.
Speaker 4: So yeah, even though he won his last fight, you know, and I know that they said he was playing leading up to the to the to the fight there's clearly something going on. I mean, they took they took him away in handcuffs, and he had a helmet on, y'all. It was a motorcycle helmet, but it was still a helmet.
Speaker 1: How you know he didn't pull up in a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: What are you trying?
Speaker 4: And why wouldn't the police take the helmet office helmet off and while they put him in a handcuff Everybody be trying to be funny man, because there's no reason for this man to be in handcuffs and wearing a motorcycle helmet. Unless they thought he was going to bang his head against something when he got into the police.
Speaker 1: That could be very well, that is right. You don't know. But let's just keep him in the prayers. That's just what it is. And that is your just with a mess for a second half, to keep.
Speaker 4: Him in the prayers, not yours, whoever want to pray for him. Okay, that's it, Jesus, all right, we are giving your donky two.
Speaker 3: Man man four after the hour.
Speaker 4: We need a young person named Christy all right, Christiterman from Florida to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with her. Did you know that you can legally steal a car? We'll discuss all right, we'll.
Speaker 3: Get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, if you're like to into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: I really got.
Speaker 2: In the Bronx, not setting.
Speaker 3: The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and.
Speaker 24: All the po Why does the Sunshine States consistently produce such strange names?
Speaker 20: If I'll catch all that excity, I'm Whizzard gene.
Speaker 7: Is.
Speaker 15: Just want to be many wacky news stories out of Florida.
Speaker 3: On the Breakfast Club. Oh that kills me every time.
Speaker 4: Man's lutha Kodak black Man Donkey Today from Monday, June tenth goes to a thirty seven year old Florida.
Speaker 3: Woman named Christy Turman.
Speaker 4: Now, what did your uncle Shahla always tell you about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. In fact, today is so nuts. I'm still trying to figure out the why. See, Christy woke up and decided today is the day she wanted to steal a car. Not just steal a car, she wanted to steal a car from an actual dealership. Her reasoning for wanting to steal a car from an actual dealership was so she could do it legally. I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to due channel eight for the report.
Speaker 24: Please and Japanese responded to a call from a female stating that she was attempting to steal a vehicle from the dealership parking lot and I wanted the police to know.
Speaker 12: So she could do it legally.
Speaker 22: Take a listen to the nine one one call.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to steal a car not legally mine, so y'all gotta come make a report.
Speaker 15: I'm reporting this.
Speaker 24: Deputy's arrhyved on scene and observe the thirty seven year old Christy Lee Terman exiting the driver's side of the stolen Corolla. According to termin she was being trained in a game of Black Ops to steal a car, but called nine one one an attempt to make her car jacking legal. Terman was arrested and charged with trespassing. Her history includes a variety of charges such as petty theft, robbery, and aggravated battery.
Speaker 4: I still don't know what the hell is going on here steal a car from the dealership so she could do it legally?
Speaker 3: There is no such thing.
Speaker 4: Maybe where did you think you could steal a car legally?
Speaker 3: Where you learned that from YouTube? You heard the phone call? Christy told deputy she was.
Speaker 4: Being trained in a game of black ops to steal a car. Would call it authorities to make her car jacking legal. I'm concerned that deputies did not find any drugs.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: You know when you hear a story like this, you know you waiting to hear that the person was on drugs. I had some type of mental issues. None of that, Okay, none of that here. This is just pure, uncut flawda all right, because I'm trying to steal a car that's not legally mine. So y'all better come make a report. I'm reporting this. I don't even know what that means, all right. I literally did some research, and by research, I mean I had my folks asked chat GPT, and chat GPT said it's not possible to legally steal a car. Just in case you needed to know, all right, it said, stealing a car is a criminal act and it's punishable by law. If you are interested in acquiring a car, you should consider legal methods such as one purchasing buying a car from a dealership or a private seller. To leasing, leasing a car from a dealership which allows you to use the car for a set period while making monthly payments.
Speaker 3: Three renting renting a.
Speaker 4: Car for short term use from a rental agency, and four financing getting a loan from a bank or financial institution to buy a car. If you have any questions of these processes, are need advice on acquiring a car legally, feel free to ask. That's what chat GPT told us. Okay, the moral of the story is there is no legal way to steal a car. This young lady says she was being trained in a game of black ops. I didn't even know they steal cars in black ops. I thought that was grand theft auto. Okay, this is like getting caught with kilos and cocaine and saying you was being trained in the game of narcoles rides of the car to hell.
Speaker 3: Look, man, I don't know what else to tell y'all. Okay, but there is no legal way to steal a car.
Speaker 4: And Christy was arrested and it's facing trespassing charges and What bothers me the most about this is I took the time to Google and do chat GPT just to make sure I wasn't missing something, because hey, Christy, MAYE know something that we don't know. But guess what, I'm mad at myself now because I knew better, my spirit the spiritual being than I am, one hundred percent knew that there was no legal way to steal a car. But the human in me just couldn't accept that. So I went digging, and I couldn't find not one solitary reason for her to do this other than she's from Florida.
Speaker 3: Please give Christie Turman the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons. Oh no, you are the dog of the day, the doge a theday ye. All right, well, thank you for that donkey to day.
Speaker 8: Now, when we come back, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one on five. One question is what do you do when you forget somebody's name?
Speaker 3: Ask him? Now, this story comes for Friday, when we were in the studio.
Speaker 8: We were leaving the studio, and I've seen Charlemagne, kind of a boy the cubicles outside the studio.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of kids.
Speaker 8: By the cubicles, right, and a gentleman that works up here that we've known for a long.
Speaker 3: Time, Mike. I know Mike very well. Now Charlomagne knows his name is not true. Let me tell you mike name, Let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 8: So, so the gentleman said, hey, Charlamagne, can I get a book? And can you sign it for me?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: So, Charlemagne, I guess, really didn't know his names. Do you spell it with an I or why?
Speaker 3: So he looks like what so Charlamagne, y K E M I K.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne signs it. Charlamagne thought the gentleman's name is Tony.
Speaker 3: That is not true.
Speaker 4: Charlamone signs a T and because he's finding the Bronx, I'm top of New York.
Speaker 8: No, that's not it, it all and this is how bad it was. So when I woke out, Charlamagne says, envy spell his name? I don't know, So I'm like, I just you know, just turn around and keep it movies making hey yea to realize that Charlemagne spelled his name t O and why his real name is Mike.
Speaker 3: So Charlamagne signed the book Tony his name.
Speaker 4: Is Mike making up stuff? The man name I signed, the man name I said, peace Mike t o n y top of New York after he found out his name was Mike. Back when Mike, this man is making up stuff on this rig, that is the truth physics.
Speaker 1: You wrote him a whole situation, but you keep writing. See the gardener else book.
Speaker 3: I signed, he just puts on.
Speaker 4: And the reason I asked people their name because everybody spells their name different. They ain't like when we was growing up, when you knew how to spell Tasha. Tashauld be spelled all types of crazy ways. Now so like Mike be spelled all types of crazy ways. Everybody want to be different. There's only one way to spell Mike m I k no, that's one way to spell it. But people spell it differentas because they pronounce a different with the n y k E. I've seen an m y k e.
Speaker 3: You never.
Speaker 8: But anyway eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one how if you if you don't know somebody's name, how do you ask them?
Speaker 3: How do you? Actually?
Speaker 4: M y k e is a boy's name and it means It's an old English word which means meek our humble, are merciful, actually be talking.
Speaker 3: Every day you prove why Hampton should revoke your degree. They can't. I don't mind they can't.
Speaker 1: I do know a comedian name, Mike is m y k e yes.
Speaker 8: So the question is like Charlamagne on Friday. What do you do when you forget somebody's name where you don't know their name? That is the question? Then eight hundred five eight five.
Speaker 3: One oh five. I know your name, Mike, I don't know what they be talking about it though his name is Tony, it's not true. Definitely his name man. That is the question.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about it's not true. That is the truth. What do you do when you forget somebody's name? Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. When I'm with my wife, I always be like, hey, you know Gia, right, and then I just spin off and then Gia knows to ask them I don't know your wife's name?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I'm winning somebody and I don't want to their name, I introduced my wife, I'll be like, you know, dear, and then I spin off and Gia knows. She let's discuss. It's the breakfast club. When I get this dude, pull out, pull out your phone, fall in right now. You call me add your opinion to the Breakfast Club top break it down. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one The Breakfast Club. My phone, it's topic.
Speaker 4: Time called eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ en Vy, Jess Hilarius, Charlomage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now, if you're just joining us, we're asking eight hundred five eight five one five one. What do you do when you're talking to somebody and you forget their name, or you're supposed to know their name and you don't. This happened Friday. A gentleman working here asks Charlomage for a book. Charlomage signed the book. The gentleman's name is Mike, and Charlemagne put Tony in the book.
Speaker 3: Right, I did not? You're telling his live got his book, Mike, Mike can read his book exactly.
Speaker 1: What makes he's hem and Charlamagne have known each other for years.
Speaker 3: Yes, they sit there back and forth and joke each other and everything. So why wouldn't you think I know Mike name? You definitely didn't know his name. So the question is eight hundred five you spell it with a y r. I know you put Tony bro. So that was k E M y k E.
Speaker 4: And I put Tony because he's from the Bronx and he wraps the Bronx.
Speaker 3: Heavy always tells me to stop giving the Bronx a hard time. So I put t o n Y top of New York.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of small. That's that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot of small.
Speaker 8: So what I was saying is if I don't know somebody's name and I'm with my wife, I always say, hey, this is my wife, Gia and I spin off, and Gia knows to get their name because she knows.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 8: If there's somebody there, she's like, oh this my husband's showing and she'll spin and I'll be like, oh, what's your name? And that's how we get each other's names, because I always forget everybody's name.
Speaker 3: That is just me. How do you if you don't know somebody's name, I.
Speaker 1: Just don't approach them. I just walk up to them.
Speaker 3: And start talking, just talking, not even say a name.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, yo, Yeah, Like I just now if it's somebody who now if it's like it depends on if you're a person when you're hitting my phone, because sometimes I may forget. If you tell me your name and not forget, I may be like, yo, what would you say your name was? Again? If I'm trying to save your number. But if it's a conversation, I just walk up to people and start talking. I don't be like, oh hey, uh what was that? Or no, save my number on your phone and I'd be like, yeah, you save it.
Speaker 3: I'd be like that's it. I'll say what's your name? If I don't know your name, I'd be like, what's your name again? What's your name again? Why do you do that to Mike?
Speaker 4: Because I know Mike's name? Crazy person making up stuff.
Speaker 8: You didn't know, Michael. All right, we have Shade on the line. Shay, good morning. Hey, Shay, good monk. Your phone sound crazy? Sha Can you take yourself bluetooth right fast?
Speaker 2: You're not on bluetooth.
Speaker 19: You can't hear me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're cutting it out.
Speaker 16: Okay, So how when I don't remember somebody's name, I can tell the little baby.
Speaker 19: Like hello baby, good morning, little baby.
Speaker 16: And they's so happy. We from were from from.
Speaker 1: Virginia because I know they do that. In Detroit, they called me.
Speaker 3: Little baby, Thank you, Shay.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I like the little baby thing. Wow, because that sounded a little too intimate. Why you call me a little baby?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And I ain't no rapper. I'm a little baby.
Speaker 8: But that's why I called what's up mama? Or what's up my cheek? Just because I don't.
Speaker 3: Like the mama thing either. I told you that already.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 3: Mama is just in New York, you call everybody mama. I damn, because I can't remember nobody names. Young college girls don't care what's up mama? What's up mama?
Speaker 4: That's like the old man in the club. That's just stupid.
Speaker 1: That's you used to have old time about what a little baby like that? You when you was trying to mock to girl?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, because that's how it sounds. It just sounds of scream, hello, little bit, Hello, Hey mama, what's going on? Seet's sound fine? I don't know her name. What's your name?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 19: My name is Jess. How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 3: What's up? Jess? So what do you do? When you don't know somebody's name, Jess, So listen.
Speaker 19: This happened to me all the time. I went to touch the university, and I like to bring people the homecoming and so I know faces, but I don't remember names. I always tell whoever's with me is like, listen, if I don't say their name first, then I need you to be like hey, whatever. So I'd be like, hey, this my friends such and such, and then they shake their heads and then they say their name. Did I make sure I say the name after that and I.
Speaker 3: Can remember I do the same thing, gotcha? Don't that work?
Speaker 19: But I want to ask I want to ask Charlamagne something, guy Mike does he looked like he was born in the nineteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was definitely born in the nine hundreds. He was all born in nineteen hundreds. Absolutely, So you know, good?
Speaker 19: And where that man's name is not spelled with no, why we speeling I'm like, m I K no.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne thought his name was Tony, so he didn't know if you go for T O N I. By the way, tony is the same thing spelled with.
Speaker 12: An I R O Y.
Speaker 1: Usually for women to spelled with an eye.
Speaker 19: I think he thought that man's name was Tony.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't assume nothing no more.
Speaker 4: Because when you be out here these book signings and people be telling you their name, literally my name is Tasha, and I'd be like t A, Like no, it's t O s t h A.
Speaker 3: You're like god, damn.
Speaker 8: The books sound a little differ. You're telling them to write it down first, so that way you never get it wrong. Like write your name now first.
Speaker 3: That's easy.
Speaker 8: But when you meet when it's somebody you're supposed to know, like Mike, Mike, Yeah right, luthor, Mike Kelly, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, how are you guys? Man? First?
Speaker 2: What your name?
Speaker 5: Great? Great job to uh Jess, welcome to the family, A great addition.
Speaker 3: But your name, MV.
Speaker 5: My name is Kelly Peters.
Speaker 3: Kelly, his name is Kelly.
Speaker 1: Nice, thank you.
Speaker 3: This is a woman.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to tell Jess. Great great edition to the team. Uh, Charlot mane keep that pressure on the neck with the books and everything, and get your kids to my hip hop studio. We're at Tom square Man break house.
Speaker 13: Some one.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, what do you teach hip hop?
Speaker 5: We teach hip hop? We specialized in hip hop and Marshall dance.
Speaker 3: For I mean he is like one. I mean he's top percentile. There's mad dancing.
Speaker 4: Key literally said get him to my hip hops, to my dance studio.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get him to my hip hops.
Speaker 8: My bad, I think he said, to my dance studio, My bad, My bad. Man, my guy, Mari teaches him hip hop. Now you know Mari and out in Jersey.
Speaker 5: No, Mari, Yes, I do know. I do know Mari uh. And he's joke. But I'm gonna tell you, man, I will definitely elevate him and take him to the next level. We could talk more after. I know that you guys have a lot you gotta get done today, but I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I got something for you and your fam man for your kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, now what talking about forgetting somebody's name?
Speaker 5: Yes, so you know, obviously, I'm in a situation that I'm around a lot of people, are kids and parents a lot. Uh. And usually when I'm with my partner or if i'm with uh, you know one of my associates that worked, I will introduce my associate first, or my partner first and allowed that person to save their name after yep, you all.
Speaker 3: Do the same thing. Okay, well, thank you. What's the name of your dance group?
Speaker 5: The name of the dance studio was brick House NYC, Times Square, black owned, female owned. I'm not a female, obviously.
Speaker 11: But my business partner is a female and uh yeah, man, pull up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look you up. I'm gonna put your whole to get all your information.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, brother, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know you sure you ain't get on the ring. Hip hop school.
Speaker 8: I thought he just said studio. Oh no, hip hop he just said. I thought he just said dance studios.
Speaker 1: My hip hop school.
Speaker 3: I thought he had dance studio.
Speaker 8: All right, your mouth, Jess eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're asking what do you do when you don't know somebody's name you're supposed to know. This conversation comes from Charlemagne on Friday. We've been working with this gentleman for a long time. An Charlomagne talks to this man every day. The man says, Charlamage signed the book at Charlomage to five five on five. What do you do when you forget the person's name. Let's talk about it. This is the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We want.
Speaker 4: If y'all talking about it, you know, we talking to it's toping T called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with.
Speaker 3: The breakfast Club. Morning everybody. It's the j n V.
Speaker 8: Just Hiliarrius Charlomage the God. We are the breakfast Club. We're asking what do you do when you forget somebody's name? Somebody that you're supposed to know their name. Now, this conversation comes Friday, when we were leaving the studio.
Speaker 3: A gentleman that works up his name is Mike's waking up here for a long time. We see him all the time. We have conversations with the brother.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 8: He hasd Charlamage to sign this book, and Charlemagne signed TONI the brother's name is Mike. You keeping Charlamagne did not know this guy's name. I'm gonna tell you why, because then Charlomagne asked me your emmy spell his name. Charlemagne didn't know what the guy's name was, So we're asking him is Mike eight five eight five one five one? What do you do when you don't remember somebody's name, especially that you're supposed to.
Speaker 3: Hello is this?
Speaker 19: This is from Vegas?
Speaker 3: A cammy from Vegas. How you feeling.
Speaker 19: I'm good this morning.
Speaker 15: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Cammy ken What you're doing this week in Caimmy?
Speaker 19: This weekend, I'm going wine tasting wan tasa.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, I was gonna invite you because I'm gonna be out in Vegas Friday. Invite you to a concert. But if you're going wine tasting, enjoy the wine tasting.
Speaker 15: Oh thank you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 8: But eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one? What do you do when you forget somebody's name?
Speaker 3: Mama?
Speaker 5: So if it's a girl, I just be like, hey girl, what's up?
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, what a big homie?
Speaker 6: How you doing well?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 19: If I'm around somebody, I'm like, who the hell is that?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: What about it? If it's like Charlemagne's side, that ain't big homie? What do you say?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 2: Blowing homie?
Speaker 5: Whatever?
Speaker 3: No, big homie, a little homie on God. Nothing to do with side little man man man man man. By the way.
Speaker 4: People are hip to that though, because don't be the people that be like you don't know my name?
Speaker 3: Do you like like.
Speaker 4: People people understand or they be like you don't you don't even remember who I am doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Some people, Yeah they can read in.
Speaker 8: Stephon, get third Stepan? What do you do when you don't know somebody's name? Stephone?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 6: First of all, like you said, MV if you you know, if I'm with my girl, usually i'll introduce her and the other person will usually say their name. But if I'm by myself, what I usually do is, you know, I'll talk to the person and then at the end, I'll just hand them my phone as if I got a new phone or whatever.
Speaker 3: They type in.
Speaker 6: Their name and then they give it back to me. Then I'm able to put the nickname. You know, they got a limp, it's Danny would a limp if it you know, if it's Mikayla, it's Musty.
Speaker 4: Michayla, or you know, we're trying to remember remember that stick Michael?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 14: Is Jay Cotton? Hey?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 3: What do you do when you get somebody hinting? Yo?
Speaker 14: So what I do is I'm pretty I'm pretty popular in my scene. I get a lot of people running up on me because I'm a step so when they when they come up on me and I don't know them, I just be like, hey man, I'll pull my phone out. How you stay your name again? Bro?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 14: Is it two ess? Is it two things?
Speaker 3: That's what Charlamagne to do. That's what Charlamagne try to do. Like Tony and the guy's name is Mike.
Speaker 14: I'm telling you what work. Look, Charlie Maye, I got it. I wrote to a new throng man for your donkey of today, go like this. You are the dunk other day. Hey, Curtisy, your Charlotte may Yeah.
Speaker 4: You should have you should have said you are a donkey to day courtesy and Charla mcgay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking about a list.
Speaker 14: That's what you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, all right, here we go.
Speaker 14: You are the dunkie of the day. Hey, Curtis, see your Charlotte again by hey, just now she's pregnant. Day be to the last ghost spend them red tod. I'm telling you what's that.
Speaker 3: I like the little Joe to see what that cry for you? Cadence, Yeah you hear I like it. I like it. I like it telling me a chef name. What's your chef names?
Speaker 14: Rapping chef Jay cotton man j conton Cotton, like the fabric of our lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want no chef that singing though. That would be trying to do it on Valentine's Day, though the ladies do.
Speaker 4: Chef woman, your wife will love it. Shut up, boy, your wife hut him a little ben, little little baby.
Speaker 3: Shut up and.
Speaker 14: Then bo you I cotton and y'all have a great day.
Speaker 1: Man, thank you?
Speaker 3: You forget your name?
Speaker 1: Your name is true traumatizing slavery.
Speaker 3: What's the all of the story, guys, and all of the stories.
Speaker 4: If you don't know somebody names just asked him, it's okay, it's okay to be like, yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know what I've seen. I have seen Charlamagne right at the Fastibal, Yo, somebody come up to him and be like remember I was the one that he'd be like, oh, and as soon as they walk ahead, I'm like that I don't know, yo. People will be like he remembered me, Like maybe I don't remember ya. I know you'd be like.
Speaker 4: Oh, that don't mean I remember that, just mean like if you come up to me and you'll be like, yo, you remember such and be like oh oh yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: But that don't mean I remember it. It's like yeah, okay, No, no, I'm not. I'm just I'm just he's just telling me.
Speaker 8: Something like oh okay, yeah, okay. You know it's luthor Mike that works up here. You know he didn't know your name. I got Mike tony Man for New York e O n y baby, we got just with the mess coming up?
Speaker 1: Yes we did.
Speaker 4: Now see when just do that, that means she don't know nothing up.
Speaker 1: I just don't remember. I don't know. Y'all gonna find out. It's gonna be juicy whatever it is, so stay tuned, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we'll get to it. Next is the Breakfast Club. The Morning, The Breakfast Club, All right, morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's Steve j n V, jess Hilarious, Charlamage, the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get to Jest with the mess you is.
Speaker 20: Real, butther Larus, Jessica, Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 3: Stand up.
Speaker 2: World?
Speaker 3: Why Jest World? Which on the Breakfast Club. She's a coaching ship.
Speaker 7: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 3: Get you to see this.
Speaker 1: Timas set it off, Okate Lamel is working and Zeros teases the new podcast it dropped. Finally, their official trailer to tease their newest project is called The Auntie Podcast.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Remember, I don't know if that was one of y'all or what, but remember, you know we got Tokyo Tony who is black China's mom, Tim Kemp that's you know, Rick Rossby mother. And then Carlisa Sadfold that's blue Face mom. I don't know if it was y'all, it was somebody else that was like, they need a show. They finally got it, their podcast and it's a visual. You can watch it or listen to it. It's gonna go crazy. And we have a little snippet of their trailer we have.
Speaker 22: Today next guest.
Speaker 3: Now, god, I'm gonna reach over this table.
Speaker 9: I'm not you know, that's right, y'all, y'all gotta get off the innisday.
Speaker 3: I wonder why they positioned it as a podcast and not just a talk.
Speaker 1: Show because you can listen to it as well. It's a lot of people that's not They ain't gonna pay for zeus just to watch it. I mean, so they got the podcast popping it in. It's good to see Lamel going into other lanes too, like you got the podcasts popping off. But Yo, some of the guests they had on, they had Big Freedom on, they had oc bar V who stands some drama. They had, uh, what's that guy named the crazy guy?
Speaker 14: Here?
Speaker 1: Mimmy and Kanye West. You got Antonio Brown heb yeah, he on there.
Speaker 3: That's why I said that should position it as a talk show like mama.
Speaker 1: That's that's exactly what his position is. It's just that it's also a podcast as well. But yeah, they're presenting it as a podcast, but it's gonna be a visual show too. Yo, it's gonna be crazy. I'm mad. I m had to go ahead and watch that, Like, I don't know, I might pay that little subscription.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're already a Platin member.
Speaker 12: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: My little sister is and I used her account for Justin's cabaret. And so we're here because you use my account.
Speaker 4: Account because y'all came over talking about you gotta watch you.
Speaker 1: Got to watch watch still watch. Yeah, I know, Oh my gosh. Anyway, speaking of shows, George Lopez leaves stage. He had a comedy show at Eagle Mountain Casino Friday night, and during his set, fans kept shouting things out and it clearly annoyed him. The things that they were shotting out aren't clear, but one fan reportedly shouted and asked if he could buy George a drink, if she could buy him a drink during his set. It doesn't seem like they were really heckling him, but they also wouldn't stop talking, and after asking him three times, George Lopez just dropped Mike walked off set. The casino released this statement, but listen to the show, Like listen, you can barely make out what he's saying, but this is a little snippet of wagon. Yeah, he was done after that.
Speaker 8: Now, DJ a lot of comedy shows, and the usually that happens when the when the comedian is trash or they're not feeling the comedian that night.
Speaker 3: I guess it, but maybe they just wasn't feeling them.
Speaker 1: That night, not trash.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: However, if you watch the whole video, y' it's online everywhere y'all can see it. He does it's a dragged out joke, like it takes a little bit longer to get to the punchline or whatever, because it's like something something that's number one, something something that's number two, and then they in the crowd like, all right, what's number three? Like they it depends on the long drawn out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, certain comedians work for certain crowds, and now center comedians go to you know, different rooms and then they just trash out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the casino they released the statement, they said tonight George Lopez let down his fans and sold out audience by walking out, and then this show thirty minutes early. George hired his own private security that could have easily escorted any hecklers out. We had a pre show meeting to have a plan in place for hecklers. He could have provided us an opportunity to allow our security and team to escort hecklers out. Since his own private security did not, well, we.
Speaker 4: Don't know how long the heckling was happening, So maybe it was happening too long for organ because the venue should immediately get that get that.
Speaker 1: On, he said, the venue he got his own. He didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Didn't want their security he got his own security.
Speaker 1: Want the venue security, He had his own security, and they took too long to step in.
Speaker 4: I'll be thinking, your own security is for you, meaning like if somebody personally.
Speaker 3: They said they had a conversation about.
Speaker 1: Me show meeting and he planned to have his security removed hecklers in case there were any.
Speaker 8: But they did doing comedy. Somebody heckling too much of somebody doing too much of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not not trying to be smart, but more so having a conversation like that happens. I never I did have somebody get put out when we were in Connecticut just recently. Drunk dude. Drunk dude. But he was just happy to be there. He was he was trying to talk to me while I was. It wasn't never like boo, you suck or what's rushed to joke and nothing like that, but sometimes and I didn't even want him to get put out, But it was the people that he was around. I was like, yo, we paid to hear the show. You keep shouting and screaming, you know. So they were upset and they basically told him shut the f up. He was starting to try to fight, and the club put him out. Yeah. So but that's that and then this one more little story or Tracy Morgan reflects on tragic accidents. So, of course, back in twenty fourteen, we knew Tracy Morgan to get into. I mean we know that he got into a life changing accidentt Walmut truck crash into the back of his limo when the New York, New Jersey turnfight. He broke his leg and was left in a coma for two weeks. His mentor, James McNair died in the car. He was sixty two years old, and he was in a wheelchair for five months and had to attend rehabilitation and relearn how to speak and walk. Tracy Morgan and this is what he said on social media the other day. Today is ten years since our feetful accident. And I want to say to everyone who was in the van with me that night, I love you and we miss you. Uncle Jimmy Mack. God bless your family and so the driver that night and his family, me and my comrades forgive you. So yeah, he definitely came a long way and that was definitely a life changing accident for Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Tracy Morgan good brother right there, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Definitely, and that's just for the mester for the time.
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's get right to the mix. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. You're checking out the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ n V, Jesse, Hilarry, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time to repagae a day.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. We're honoring today Kaylani, who is known as well. Her name is Kaylinie actually perish, but we as Kailanie. She's a singer songwriter. Kaylani attended Oakland School for the Arts Today. The Grammy nominated singer continues to put out music as she is set to release her fourth album, Crash, as well as a great mother to her daughter a daya or Ada Sorry from getting that wrong, which she shares with guitarist Javi Young White. I see why you don't know nobody named Charla Mane because I don't even know how to read this guy's trying to tell you. But happy prit month, Kayliney girl, we love you all right when.
Speaker 3: We come back. We got the positive notice The Breakfast Club, good morning.
Speaker 8: Warning everybody. You seej Envy just hilaris charlamage. God, we are the Breakfast Club again. I gotta remind you guys my call show August seventeenth, Early bird tickets are still on sale if you haven't got your tickets. Of course, it's a family fun day, bring the kids and all that. And let me shout out to doctor Umar Johnson Man. Doctor Umar says some really prolific stuff over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Can you play red?
Speaker 1: I gotta say this in all honesty.
Speaker 11: So far in twenty twenty four, dark skin brothers my complexion and darker have been in participating and more bunny hopping and more racial betrayal than all the light skinned men in Black America put together. Leave the light skinned brothers alone, Leave the mixed rich brothers alone. Dark skinned men are out of control so far in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Y know, y'all really be acting like this nigga the private.
Speaker 4: Whatever you were saying, he don't want nodskin people to come to his car show.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about it like this too.
Speaker 4: What you said and that was a stupid ass segue.
Speaker 3: And you don't want no darkskinned men to come to.
Speaker 1: His car show?
Speaker 3: And say not about that? I don't know to light skin brothers is winning this.
Speaker 4: Also, remember the bunny hopping is the reason we got light skinned people to begin with.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's let's let's always remember that. Okay.
Speaker 4: So y'all keep y'all little forty percent European assides away from us because I'm ninety seven percent West African.
Speaker 3: You hear me.
Speaker 4: Now, I want to tell people to La mano, everybody in La. This Friday, I'll be at the Barnes and Noble at the Grove and conversation with Amber Grimes, man salutor.
Speaker 3: Ambergrimes too.
Speaker 4: She made my book Get Honest to Die Line her book of the month for her book club. So thank you Amber, and we'll be in conversation this Friday, June fourteenth, at seven pm at the Barnes and Noble at the Grove in La.
Speaker 3: So I'll see y'all there, Okay.
Speaker 4: Now the positive notice simply this day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you.
Speaker 3: Do is who you become. Have a blessed day, Breakfast club bitch is ynata finish for y'all.
Speaker 5: Done,