Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he Armsrong live from the studio. See see sor a.
Speaker 3: Dimly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and.
Speaker 1: Getty Communications Compound.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday, Array and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Surprise general manager. Today it was going to be free Frank parts of Germany, but he was hedged out at the wire by woolly mammoths. I don't know if I've ever been as excited about anything as I am about this only mammoth story.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you they're gonna be I get it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna see herds of wool or pods or murders or whatever they call them, a wooly mammoths just greening across the landscape in a meadow near you any minute now. So somebody's claiming they're gonna have them back by twenty eight and they will release some bacteria or something into the world that we haven't had in ten thousand years, and will all be dead within a week most likely, Yes, But so scientists involved in the effort Jack again, as you said, making some really bold predictions of wooly mammoths being successfully cloned and produced by the year twenty twenty eight. The major breakthrough just this week they've managed to produce some really hairy mice.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's a step in the right direction. I guess it.
Speaker 3: Seems to me like the AI thing, where at least AI there's well, I guess in both cases there's upside. The upside for the wooly mammoth is just wouldn't it be cool to see a wooly mammoth?
Speaker 1: Right? That's the whole upside?
Speaker 3: Oh sure, Upliving the wooly mammoth would be amazing. Are they delicious or something? Is there something else we don't know? Or their their fur is the softest You wait till you have a jacket made from wly mammoth. You have no idea something like that, But I about to say it's are already plenty soft. It reminds me about the AI, where all kinds of people worn of the possible downsides. Yet do we keep pushing that direction no matter what. If there's no there's no We're gonna do it. We're gonna bring back species that have been dead forever. There's just no snopanists. So I know everybody, all ethicists and scientists are saying, could be a downside, but whatever, you gotta do it if you can. Two points number one, these folks who are you know, behind this effort maintained that because biodiversity is vanishing from the globe and beasts are going extinct because of you know, the explosion of mankind of the globe, that we need to have the means by which to bring back extinct species in case we accidentally snuff them out. Seems like a good argument. On the other hand, these people who I tell you what I give you ten to one, they're convicted of some sort of fraud at some point. There's you know, they're not going to I can't remember what my second point was, but and we'll bring you the report and have some more comment on it later, but it just doesn't ring true to me. Well, it's gonna be like you hear these stories around the world where they brought in a certain kind of mouse to eat the ants that were causing problems, and then you had to bring in a cat eat the mice.
Speaker 1: And then you had to bring it.
Speaker 3: So are we gonna have to bring in pterodactyls to thin out the wooly mammoths as they start to overrun cities? And then it just keeps going from there. And if we had wily mammoths back then, what as you say? Yeah, yeah, it might be a one time visit for every person in their whole lives.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: I saw wily mammoth anyway, it was something. It was like an elephant. But really, Harry, you don't say, you know, I don't say, I hope this isn't like when China dresses up an animal and says, hey, this is a new animal.
Speaker 1: It's just a dog with like you know, especially, I just think that'd be safer.
Speaker 3: Let's just shave a chow and put it next to a tiny car to give it weird perspective.
Speaker 1: And I call it a wooly mammoth. Good enough for me. Come on, you know, I was actually thinking.
Speaker 3: Looking over all the headlines of the day. There there are so many things going on that a lot of my favorite things I want I would like to have national discussions about are getting.
Speaker 1: Lost in the mix, like this school thing.
Speaker 3: So Trump announces yesterday he wants to do away with the Department of Education, and today he's gonna sign an executive order something like that, and it's gonna be very complicated and difficult, But it's just it's just like eleventh on the list of big things things going on, and I just I don't think it's getting the full because I would love it if we had a big national battle over how much do we need public schools in their current form?
Speaker 1: Who's happy with things that's writing?
Speaker 3: Certainly the current what do you call it the flow chart of management? Who you know is in charge of what policy and to what extent should the federal government be involved at all. It's an interesting discussion. I'm reminded of something my sainted mother taught.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it was my mom who first introduced to me that the idea of constantly responding to the urgent at the cost of the important. And I think that's what we do often in the national conversation.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you know, for instance, Trump announced yesterday we'll read his post a little bit later, but he threatened a mass Now release them all now, or hell is gonna come. Okay, Well, that's a pretty big story, and that's urgent and important, but it certainly obliterates any conversation about that. And you know that whole tariff thing. He backed off that. Soone, okay, I'll give you till whenever it is April now on the whole cars thing. Because the major carmakers in the United States, GM, Ford and what's the other one, Stilantis THATTT represents who Chrysler, Dodge, Gee in a half a dozen other brands. It's a giant global conglomerate that owns a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't like that name. Anyway. The leaders for.
Speaker 3: I'll drop of a note and ask them to change it. What can I change it back to something I've heard of. The leaders of the big carmakers went to Trump said he can't do this. I mean, this is gonna kill us. And he basically said, well, then move your plants to the United States. You know, I'll give you a till. I think it's April first, isn't it, uh April Seltom's right, yeah, yeah, But you know, I need to see some evidence that you're really really working at trying to bring your plants back to the United States or the tariffs happened.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's a pretty big thing economically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the whole president having carte blanche to because a tariff is a tax, it's an import tax, and for the president to have the unilateral power to tax as he sees fit based on criteria he sets. I'm not comfortable with that because you know, maybe Trump's your guy, maybe is not, but your guys in office one day, they're guys in office the next day, or presume it could be a woman, I'm told, and then you know, God knows what sort of you know, I could see Senile Biden, who really didn't do anything. His advisors pulled the strings of his decreasingly decrepit puppet form. But they could insist that, all right, we're going to put a twenty percent duty on anybody. I said, duty on anybody who does not completely conform with the green energy hope.
Speaker 1: Oh right, woke garbage absolutely could have done that. We have an emergency in our transgender community.
Speaker 3: Therefore, if you don't say a man is a woman just because he says he's a woman, twenty five percent tariff on your goods, and I just I'm uncomfortable with the whole thing. Yeah, it is interesting for the president to have that level of instantaneous solo power nower of taxation, which if I recall from the Constitution as well, I think we all know the end of that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why you have to go with the whole emergency thing.
Speaker 3: It's about the fentanyl, oh kay, which I was going to say, proving your point. Just to go back to your original point, I could give you thirty seconds. I could make a hell of a good case that our current education system is so corrupt and so evil, so anti American ideology, soaked, that it must be torn down. Because speaking of the important, over the urgent, over the long term, that will bring about what Lincoln said was the only way we fall apart as the republic.
Speaker 1: And that's from within.
Speaker 3: That is the one disease that can kill us as a nation. So that must be our highest priority, sorting out the horror the rot in our education system. But I got distracted by the tariff talk right, proving your point? Yeah, yeah, exactly, And then Joe mentioned the word fentanyl, or I mentioned the word fentanyl. We might have a resolution in that whole Kansas City Chiefs fans freezing to death and that dude's backyard story that we talked so much about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, okay, So let's start the show. Officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it.
Speaker 3: Is Thursday, March the sixth, the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Where I'm strong in getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's beak then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go.
Speaker 1: You're gonna like this clip at Mark.
Speaker 4: You don't care about this country, and that is unacceptable if you claim to be the president of the United States. So we are here. We are not going anywhere. We are going to continue to fight back, and we are going to continue to speak lies to his truth, to his stealing and to his cheating.
Speaker 1: We are going to continue to speak lies to his truths. That's not what I'm meant to say. Oh darn it. Can I get take two.
Speaker 3: On that danga? That was my applause line. Shoot, that's disappointing. That's just perfect.
Speaker 1: We got Katie's headlines on the way, we got mail bag later.
Speaker 3: How about that statement China put out yesterday speaking of there's too much news going on?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, could you be more belligerent? Good lord?
Speaker 3: Tell you what, Wennie the Pooh is a good deal meaner than his namesake, bearer of childhood literature. We need some sort of law where we deal with one thing at a time. Let's handle the education thing. Then we'll handle Israel Hamas, then we'll deal with China, then we'll deal with whatever's next. Thing one thing at a ten exactly one thing at a time. So all that's on the way. Uh, Katie's headlines looking forward to that text line four one, five two nine KFTC. Too many important things going on at once. That is the theme of the day. And then you add wooly mammoths to that, it's crazy time. Sure, sure, just another layer of uncertainty, right the markets react to the emergence of wooly mammoths. Now, the wooly mammoth is close to the top of the list of beasts I would revive from yesteryear dinosaurs, obviously, but let's let's stay within like the last two hundred thousand years, Katie nominee uh, any extinct beasts you'd like to see. There used to be a gigantic rhinoceros that roamed the plains of the United States, but that seems unwise to me. Yeah, I should get my uh, I should get my seventh grader on for this. He's just fascinated by That's probably what he's gonna end up doing in his life, is studying something like this. So he's so into evolution and various periods of animal and human development and stuff like that. But there was a period of where everything was giant, and yeah, a lot of those beasts would be cool just for the novelty, you know, the giant thing.
Speaker 5: Sure, so I have a tie between the dodo and the sea cow.
Speaker 3: The dodo so, but like the Dodo, I think the dodo disappeared in the eighteen hundreds. Wooly mammoth is tens of thousands of years. You start getting into dinosaurs. Now you're looking at it hundreds of millions of years, and that just seems crazy. The Dodo oft mentioned because it was a recent extinction at the hands of mankind.
Speaker 1: But why the sea cow? And what does the sea cow offer us, Katie? It's fun to say, Okay, it seems like a good insult in the right situation.
Speaker 3: Too, do you sea cow? I think all that's unkind. People of all body shapes should be able to enjoy the beach. I'm violating my own rules, but it strikes me that to bring back my people, the Neanderthal people, Oh wow, Yeah, so I to hang out with us. That's tough, obviously, because then you got the whole human rights.
Speaker 1: Do you get to vote? Do you get to vote?
Speaker 3: Many people believe the Neanderthals were more intelligent than you will see Homo sapiens.
Speaker 1: We just caught some disease.
Speaker 3: It wiped us out, and so you're not going to give us the right to my God, I'm going to march on you and placards done. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 5: Katie starting with NBC. Trump warns that death awaits Hamas leaders and gossins if hostages aren't immediately released.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have to read that whole post Joe mentioned the other day. So I guess foreign policy comes out of tweets, now, Yeah, it does. Apparently, waits more statements, whether it's Marco Rubio or the SEC death or the President of the United States. So you get a lot of your major announcements from a tweet. But yeah, he is fairly unequivocal in his threat.
Speaker 5: ABC Russian strike kills four in Ukraine amid USAID and intelligence freeze.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't I don't like it. Where's the hard asked stuff against Putin? Maybe it's going on, Maybe it's about to go on. I'd like to hear about it.
Speaker 1: From the free beacon.
Speaker 5: Biden awarded twenty eight million dollars to mysterious quote vaccine company run by his COVID advisor and based out of a Maryland po box.
Speaker 3: There are more and more stories surfacing like that twenty million dollars to a you know, green Justice for Communities organization to get rid of lead pipes and reclaim wetlands. These people have zero experience in either of those things. Yeah, we got like asking me to build a football stadium. The Justice Department is investigat a whole bunch of green new deal craft that we can tell you about.
Speaker 1: Coming up from CNN.
Speaker 5: Three friends were found dead last year after watching a Chiefs game. Now two men face charges in the case.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what I said it was.
Speaker 3: I'm the modern Sherlock Holmes, the American Sherlock Holmes. If you will, I've figured this one out I figured out o Gene Hackman as well.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 3: But so well, we'll talk about this more later. But so if you have a party at your house and you're supplying drugs, just like your friends supplied drugs. When you go to their house, they have a plate of cocaine. He had a plate of cocaine at his house and people die from it. You're on the hook? Is that the way it works, as is the drug dealer?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: From the Washington Post, DC will paint over b l M Plaza after GOP threatens funding.
Speaker 1: Hooray, they're Marxists.
Speaker 3: Why do we have a testament to AMR organization in our nation's capital.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 3: And even without that, the people who started it and ran it stole the money and bought houses.
Speaker 1: It just seems weird.
Speaker 5: From the Hollywood Reporter, Fire Festival too quote does not exist, Island Tourism Board claims we gotta talk about that later.
Speaker 1: That is something.
Speaker 3: Wow, one of the all time great scams and ongoing conversation behind the scenes, that's the show, but let's bring it in front of the scenes.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. It is so good.
Speaker 5: And finally, the Babylon Bee husband holds up quote false paddle during.
Speaker 3: An argument with his wife, like the not the state of the Union the other night. Hilarious, Oh my god, wife steals.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's not normal.
Speaker 3: That would have gotten such huge laughs at the dinner table last night if you're in the right sort of situation. So they start talking to let me hold up a ping pong paddle, it says false on it. You know, I've got a really, really elderly neighbor to I ought to ask him next time Judy and I are arguing to come over and shake his cane at her.
Speaker 1: You have no mandate to tell Joe he can't play golf.
Speaker 3: We got such a great example that will make you so angry about your taxpayer money being stolen you'll ruin your day.
Speaker 1: So why wouldn't you stick around for that? It's coming up next Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Mister Musk, what was your message in there to House Republicans?
Speaker 1: What was your message in there? You know there's a lot of.
Speaker 6: An of off trinity to improve experiences in the governor.
Speaker 1: What did he say there?
Speaker 3: Tan, there's a lot of room to what I gotta understand him, mister Musk.
Speaker 4: What was your message in there to House Republicans.
Speaker 1: What was your message in there?
Speaker 6: You know, there's a lot of room an of off trinity to improve experishs in the govern experiences and expenditures.
Speaker 3: I don't know anyways, I just wanted something Doge related to get into this story. And we continue to be amazed by the fact that at least half the country is pushing back against government efficiency as a as a theme, which is.
Speaker 1: An elected bureaucrat.
Speaker 3: Yes, and with all the caveats of yes, I realize they're nibbling around the edges of the really big stuff and everything like that. I don't want a dollar of the money I'm earning today at work to be wasted on crap or go into somebody's pocket just because they know how.
Speaker 1: To work the system.
Speaker 3: To that, well, and it's worth of pointing out that you and your neighborhood, whatever you consider that to be, maybe it's like a four block area, six block area with a school on one end of the park or whatever, you and everybody in that neighborhood, every single time of taxes you've ever paid and ever will pay, squandered and given away by cronies.
Speaker 1: Picture like that. Well, to that on this story.
Speaker 3: It might be everybody in many small states whoever pay taxes, it's all wasted with some of these ideas. So Barry Weiss tweeted this out over the weekend. The Trump Department of Justice is investigating the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund that was part of Joe Biden's Inflation Reduction.
Speaker 1: Act, which we all know.
Speaker 3: We knew before it was even passed that it wasn't actually about reducing inflation. It was one of the dumbest poise of all time. Everybody knew what was going on, but they continued calling it the Inflation Reduction Act. It was seven hundred and forty billion dollars three quarters of a trillion dollars, and it was basically the green New Deal and just a slush fund for all kinds of crap, as you're about to find out anyway, in particularly they're in particularly in particularly, they're looking at this twenty seven billion dollars that was in the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund, which man check and see if you sigot your watch in your wallet, if somebody tells you that I got that going, what a name. It was created in the spring of twenty twenty three and managed by the Environmental Protection Agency. The fund was supposed to be a first of its kind program to address the climate crisis while revitalizing communities that it considered historically left behind.
Speaker 1: I don't win win.
Speaker 3: I don't remember who it was I heard say this, but it is absolutely true. If anybody ever hits you with you know, it can save money and make the world a better place. Hold onto your wallet. And that has turned out to be true over and over again. So this is gonna, you know, make the climate better and revitalized communities historically left behind. Wow, it's amazing. It's a you know, it's a dessert topping and a floor wax. But it appears little of the twenty seven billion dollars revitalized anything except the coffers of a range of environmental nonprofits associated with former Obama and Biden administration officials.
Speaker 1: I'm cold. Twenty seven billion, Oh that's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: The Biden administration used so called climate equity. Oh my god, you talk about a phrase, hold onto your wallet climate equity to justify handouts of billions of dollars to their far left friends. The Trump administration's new EPA administrator, Lee Zelden, told the financial press.
Speaker 1: It is my utmost priority. I'm sorry, the free press.
Speaker 3: It is my utmost priority to get a handle on every dollar that went out the door in this scheme and once again restore oversight and accountability over these funds. This rush job operation is riddled with conflicts of interest and corruption. Hard to imagine that that's true. A Free Press investigation reveals that of the twenty seven billion, twenty billion was rushed out the door to just eight nonprofit groups after Biden lost to the election, but.
Speaker 1: Before Trump took office.
Speaker 3: As one former EPA official put it in a secretly recorded video, it was akin to tossing gold bars off the Titanic. The eight groups that were or put together right after biden loss, we're allocated sums ranging from four hundred million to six point nine billion. Several of them were formed in August of twenty twenty three, just a month after the grant applications went live in July of twenty twenty three, when it became clear that the large nine to ten figure grants would be up for grabs. The boards and staff of these eights groups include Democratic donors, people with connections to Obama and Biden administrations, and prominent Democrats like Stacy Abrams. These are some of the biggest grants to individual organizations.
Speaker 1: In American history.
Speaker 3: So basically, when you found out that Biden lost and you got all that money sitting out there in the New Green Deal, the Inflation Reduction Act, you and like it'd be like Joe and Michael and I and I get my kid and I don't know, some other friend of mine together and we call ourselves the you know, make the wetlands dryer or make the dry lands wetter or whatever we're gonna go call Social Justice and Equity ammization. Yes, Yes, to help the Native people's and black kids who can't read. And we have no expertise in any of this sort of stuff. We just put the group together. We don't have any we don't have a building, we don't a charter, we don't have anything. We just say, give us some money because it's our friends. They say, okay, twenty billion dollars for you, And really that's the end of the deal. And then how you allocate it or spend it. Nobody's paying attention to that, of course, Oh of course not. You hand it out to enough cronies that you can cover your tracks, you pay yourselves enormous salaries, you buy all sorts of travel, in houses, and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's horrific. And it's worth.
Speaker 3: Pointing out that some of these smaller grants we're talking about this this is you know, it's it's much discussed, but it's worth repeating. I think that when you're talking about such enormous amounts of money, when you get down to like twenty million dollars, that surrounding error in this story, and that is more money than most people will ever see in their lives, their children's lives and their children after that. Well, how about if you have an amount like eighty thousand dollars, how easy would it be to just send eighty thousand dollars to somebody you're friends with.
Speaker 1: It'd be simple, oh, no, effortless. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you've got this organization getting twenty billions of dollars, right, yeah, billions.
Speaker 1: With a B.
Speaker 3: So who's going to pay attention to you know, two hundred and fifty grand here, two hundred and fifty grand there, it's you know, it's it's well, it is graft.
Speaker 1: It is theft.
Speaker 3: It absolutely is absolutely theft of taxpayer funds on a grand scale, and virtually nobody's paying attention to it, you know, the Lester Holts of the world, who, granted don't have any viewers anyway. The mainstream media is mostly dying, but they're reporting like crazy on the latest snowstorm and whether we're gonna have wooly mammoths as we were joking about before, and who's mad at Trump and yelled something nasty at him?
Speaker 1: And ignoring this.
Speaker 3: So twenty billion dollars went out the door to just eight nonprofit groups nonprofit which is one of the most hilarious well please you femisms in the world.
Speaker 7: And particularly after Biden lost, before Trump took office, and some of these groups were put together right after the grand applications went live, just well let's form a group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're we're up with this and down with that. Right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They existed to receive the money, and so that's the only reason they existed, right And of the eight groups, it ranged from four hundred million to six point nine billion to.
Speaker 1: Add up to twenty billion dollars. I mean, it's just theft. Now.
Speaker 3: What disturbs me the most is I think if you could get these people to be completely honest, you know, sodium pentathol or catch them on video or whatever. They'd say, Hey, you child, this is the way it works. This is the way it works in every administration for lots and lots of people. It's been going on forever, It'll always go on forever. Grow up, I think, is what they might say. Yeah, well, I'd like to think the Republicans are slightly less enthusiastic about making up fancify threats to the world and all that. You know, there are some who would say, you know, the military industrial complex, that's what it is. You know, we get plenty of emails how convenient Afghanistan ends and Ukraine starts, like Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin and you know a dozen other world leaders are in on it.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well f you and FU to those people who would claim that I want so desperately somebody, even if it's got almighty after we're gone, to hold you to account for stealing hardworking people's money, you know, speaking of being angry at the end of this, which you know, I'm sorry for.
Speaker 1: But people work really hard and long and.
Speaker 3: Don't have the time to do the things they want to do or be with the people they love because they've got to earn enough money to get by. And then the government steps in and says, yeah, yeah, we're taking some of that for national defense and roads and schools and that sort of thing, and we're taking a substantial chunk of what you've just made. And then they do that with the money. There ought to be revolution in the streets.
Speaker 1: That's the status quote, Joe, there really should be. I mean the level of cynicism you have if you can be involved in that and not like run.
Speaker 3: To your local newspaper and say, hey, you wouldn't believe what they're doing over here. I mean, you're so cynical about the entire American project. And I don't know, I don't know how you become a thief like that. I mean, how do you not look around to the country and think, you know, this is really wrong.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of things. Because the other side of I should.
Speaker 3: Get to keep my money, you know you're wasting my money is you're faced every single day, but there's not enough money for this at your school or your hospital or you know, whatever it is that you care about. How about some of this money right right well in their defense that money doesn't exist. They made it up and borrowed it from our our grandchildren, our children and grandchildren, and just increase the debt of the United States to give it out to their cronies. So it's worse than spending waste and giving away twenty billion dollars. It's twenty billion dollars plus interest.
Speaker 1: You're right. And how about this.
Speaker 3: I have heard this on this show because I write it over the weekend, I take in a ton of media.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard it anywhere else because there's just so much going on.
Speaker 3: And like you said, you know, there's snowstorms, and there's tariffs, and there's wars, and there should be revolution in the streets. It's not even most people that will never will ever know that this even occurred, that this investigation is even going on. That's the problem with the government being so big. You can't keep track of it all. And only possible power you have over this is to limit the amount of money you give them.
Speaker 1: It's the only power you have.
Speaker 3: Yep, here's twenty million dollars for a group called Democracy Green to replace lead pipes and revitalize wetlands. The two people running it, Soandja and Lameshia Whittington. They've they've never done anything in that realm before, but they got twenty million dollars from the federal government.
Speaker 1: Like I've said many times, audit to that never I.
Speaker 3: Almost want to try to get in on this, just like as a challenge to see if I could come up with some fanciful sounding name, give myself a fanciful sounding title about how we're gonna help you know, downtrodden kids read and lower the temperatures and the greenhouse gases, and maybe throw in another one fight Trump and you know, now give me some money.
Speaker 1: We got eight people on our board.
Speaker 3: We work very hard, and we're where our board looks like America. We got a Translatino and we got a.
Speaker 1: One leg at yeah exactly. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Some of this stuff first of a kind program to address climate crisis while write vitalizing communities that are considered historically well, you can say that because you ain't gonna do nothing. You've never even sat down and thought about doing anything. Oh no, please please, we claim to do what.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: One final note, and again, California was the leader in this and it's spread across it well to the federal government.
Speaker 1: You narrow the.
Speaker 3: Tax base as much as possible by claiming the rich need to pay their fair share. And if you can narrow the real tax base enough, they never they the people who actually pay the bills never have enough votes to overcome this sort of thing.
Speaker 1: It's part of the strategy. Good point. If half of people don't pay federal taxes, well then I don't care. We got mail bag on the way.
Speaker 5: Stay here an hour two.
Speaker 3: We have to get to Trump's statement to Hamas and China's statement to us, both pretty provocative.
Speaker 1: Here's a statement for you. It's our freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 3: Continuing with our series from Theodore Roosevelt, sent along by Michael and Haste tax Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Thanks Michael. There can be no divided allegiance here.
Speaker 3: Any man who says he is an American but something else also isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one soul, loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.
Speaker 1: Hmm. That ain't popular or that that's Trumpian. I love it. I don't care if it's popular.
Speaker 3: Damna Jacket's right mail bag, feel free to write mail bag at Armstrong Yetty dot com is our email address. Indiana Lloyd writes on the topic silence. He worked with couples for years as a licensed family therapist. He said, I always communicated to my clients the importance of noticing thoughts and feelings.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how often people are unaware.
Speaker 3: Without experiencing daily times of silence, We're unable to acknowledge those feelings and thoughts that mean so much to our mental health. We're talking yesterday about silence and a great quote from somebody or other who was it. I'm so bad at remembering that sort of thing. The silence is the gateway to the inner self.
Speaker 1: How much the cs listen? How much less goes down time? That's right.
Speaker 3: How much less downtime does your brain get now than fifteen years ago pre smartphone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, huge difference and unhealthy in my mind for what it's worth. You know, I'm no guru, but I'm just one man. I intentionally spend significant amounts of time every day alone with my own thoughts. As I put it, walking my dog, you know, taking a walk doing whatever, just your community service picking up trash exactly. Yeah, well the judge she said it would anyway. Let's see moving along. Bong hits for Jesus frequent correspondent. I can't help the guys sign off, folks, he writes. Guys, those DEI groups are calling for a forty day boycott of Target for their pulling back on DEI practices.
Speaker 1: Target executives have to.
Speaker 3: Be absolutely giddy over the upcoming reduction and shoplifting. Ah ouch that punch landed speing of witch. Loyal listener writes, guys, Joe was highly amused by an elderly gentleman yelling at non existent clouds. Jack made barbaric allusions to releasing lions into the halls of Congress during.
Speaker 1: The State of the Union.
Speaker 3: Addressing Barbie, Mike Langelow offered only millennial antics, TikTok challenges and such to appease the amasses. Silliness, pure silliness, I say, of course, I would not be averse to AOC and Marjorie Taylor Green in a Foxy boxing bout. If it is refereed by Kirsten Cinema.
Speaker 1: I'd watch it. Wow.
Speaker 3: Kirsten cinema who was you know, goes both ways, both romantically and politically speaking.
Speaker 1: The moderate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for that note, loyal. How about this from Eric in Beautiful Astoria, Oregon. Guys, listen to your One Last Thing podcast and the Corus Skating conversation regarding cannibalism. Anybody got the slightest idea what course skating means?
Speaker 1: No, Katie? Do you have time to look that up? Anyway?
Speaker 3: And yes, I know you can do that. In the text of an email, I didn't have time, he goes. Our One More Thing podcast touched heavily on cannibalism yesterday. I will just tell you that not for the fate of art one of our more shocking and horrifying One More Thing podcasts either. In fact, you probably can't handle it. I wouldn't click on it anyway, Katie, you got that.
Speaker 1: For us yet?
Speaker 5: Corus skating Coorus Skating is an adjective adjective that means to shine brightly or to be brilliant, exciting, or humorous.
Speaker 3: Oh, Eric, well, don's what we are of our show? Certainly what we're you know. Yeah, I recall the famed and original celebrity chef James Beard once said that I believe that if I ever had to practice cannibalism manage it, if there were enough Terragon around.
Speaker 1: And then Dave in.
Speaker 3: Swinsteat Nevada, that must be an unincorporated area. I don't recall seeing it, says March thirteenth is my five year anniversary anniversary.
Speaker 1: Listening to A and G.
Speaker 3: I believe I'm not at oven Mit status yet, but I think I can get some ang scratch and sniff stickers. I assume they smell like bourbon and regret. Oh more of the course. Katie Armstrong and Getty Show an hour two off. You missed the segment, Get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty