Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Jack Katie and he.
Speaker 2: Arms Yo yo yo, A bunch of ingrates live from studio.
Speaker 3: C what he's in your that's what Trump's truth.
Speaker 1: Social a little bit ago said, are you ingrates out there? You're a very stupid person. I like that you ingrates live from studio. See a dimly lit room to put them the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compound. That's where we are, and today we are toiling under the title of the show. One title today. Take it or leave it, that's what she said. It's summit time. Ooh.
Speaker 4: The face off in Beijing, Donald j versus Winnie the Pooh.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you watched any earlier today when he arrived and walked off the plane and the pageantry and all that.
Speaker 3: Sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I did not see that. Now looked like an Olympic opening ceremony or something. Wow. And they do it up right there in China. Yeah. Yeah, of churs. They're trying to get over on the world in variety of ways they have. I was just listening this is kind of a side note, but I was just listening to somebody explain on how those amazing electric cars that China has when they we've taken them apart, they're Tesla's. They stole all of Tesla's you know, intellectual property and built Tesla's for cheaper with you know, with the aid of the government and slave labor making them cheaper to build.
Speaker 3: So they just steal everybody's technology.
Speaker 1: Shocking, ass how Hey, you're never been more right, buddy, Shocking and utterly unsurprising.
Speaker 3: Right, are has that ever happened like that.
Speaker 1: In world history? Oh? Gosh no, no, not to this level. Obviously, everybody's always tried to do that, but at this level.
Speaker 4: You know, the truth of the Internet is that it has enabled wonderful things and horrible things, crimes and sickness and perversion. And you can stay in touch with your aunt more easily, so connect with your old.
Speaker 3: High school girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I mean, back in the.
Speaker 4: Day, the evil doers of the world wished they could steal our technology like that.
Speaker 1: Right, But I don't know, I think that should be pointed out more often when you have like that big Wall Street Journal story that got so much attention A couple of weeks ago. Man, if China could sell their cars in the United States, it would decimate our hisstory, that's because they're building our cars for cheaper. I mean, come on, I think this, what I'm about to say is really underappreciated, and I would love for it to seep into the popular consciousness. And it may.
Speaker 4: I noticed ephen The New York Times has a big article today about.
Speaker 1: America's public schools are terrible. We're at a huge crisis in education. The kids aren't learning. It's getting worse all the time. Oh boy, and it took them long enough to wake up to it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, here's what I'd love to see seep into the consciousness of Americans.
Speaker 1: On the left. It is absolutely obligatory to be self hating of your race, of your country, of your culture. It's obligatory in the same way you go down.
Speaker 4: You know, to some backwater Mississippi town in the fifties, say, and you've got a bunch of racists run around, a bunch of klansmen.
Speaker 1: The fact that they're don't like black folks. Of course they don't. That's what they are. And it's stupid.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna take their opinion on what's wrong with black people seriously, because you know their their minds are completely poisoned.
Speaker 1: And that's the way the American left is. They are completely poisoned against the United States of America, the greatest country on Earth, which has its sins and problems and challenges God knows, But that that knee jerk self hatred. It's so stupid. We need to all understand that. You would say, then looking at Chinese electric car industry and marveling at it like they're better than us somehow without any scrutiny. Wow, so quickly? How how are they so far ahead of us?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 4: No, it's just it reinforces your priors, as you like to say, and so you don't.
Speaker 1: Even question it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Elon's on the plane, got off the plane with Trump today and Tim Cook from Apple and a whole bunch of other super heavyweights of business.
Speaker 1: I'd love for Elon to say, Wow, the car looks familiar. I mean like really really familiar. Like all the parts look so familiar to me. That's what he should say. He should say to somebody, do you know where the steering compressor is? Oh?
Speaker 3: You don't, I do it's right over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I put it. No, I've never seen his car before, but I know, yeah, thieve and thieves Chin. An interesting different thing is did you see this story about Nike and how Nike's no longer cool in China? I did see that. Yeah. And for first of all, all shoe stories, to me, they always leave out the fact that styles come and go and it has nothing to do with the quality of the shoe or anything else, right.
Speaker 3: They just do do you never hang around young people.
Speaker 1: Every person under thirty was wearing Adidas Sambas three years ago.
Speaker 3: Had nothing to do with the quality or anything like that. They just became the cool shoe.
Speaker 1: And for whatever reason, Nike's were cool for a long time and they're not cool anymore. But so their brand is Alta, which they basically stole Nike's technology right on the super cool running shoes, made one that looks a lot like a Nike, but it's a Chinese shoe. Now. Part of it is nationalism. The young Chinese people now hate the United States because we're all adversaries. They should hate it to wear American brands now, it's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: But we should hate them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't believe there are NBA players that wear the Chinese version.
Speaker 3: Yes, but there are a couple.
Speaker 1: Klay Thompson, formerly of the Warriors, so one of the Hall of Famer. It's wearing the Chinese shoe. That is just a stolen Nike shoe. It's Alta, I think is the brandy. I was looking them up on Amazon when I was reading this story. They look exactly like because I have a pair of the super fancy Nike running shoes for walking, but you're old. They're so amazingly comfortable. They're unlike anything I've ever worn me real.
Speaker 3: They're like, you don't have shoes on, you got a tip of brother.
Speaker 1: They're so unreal. The first time I ever put them on, I thought this is nuts, so I sprung for him. AnyWho, Alta, the Chinese brand, makes one exactly like it, except it's ninety nine dollars instead of two hundred and.
Speaker 3: Ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, and they got those on Amazon. We ot if you want to promote the communist Chinese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we ought to treat people sporting those like they got swastika is on their feet in nineteen forty three. Come on, come on, never mind China, Come on America.
Speaker 1: Oh the self hatred. It makes me insane. How can you be so blind to do all what do you call it a gratitude exercise or write a list or something. It's just it's such a perverse, intellectual deceit, and you've got to so blind yourself to some some just mountainous truths to believe that. And yet Oliver Academia teaches that to kids since they're little kids, right through grad school.
Speaker 4: Oh, it makes me murderous. I won't murder anybody, because that's a sin. But that is all correct. Me off, that is all correct.
Speaker 1: But I think most of those business people on that plane, including Trump, they're over there to just open up that giant market of a billion people, and they're perfectly happy if they can, you know, sitting around and making nice with China and making money off of them.
Speaker 4: So there's that also, Well, if the president takes that attitude, it's hard to yell too much about bassetball players who write whose agents told them, hey, we can get a better deal over here, and they're like, okay, right, you sign a forty million dollar deal to wear that shoe, and you never think of me.
Speaker 1: Trying Yeah, otherir comfy, great, Okay.
Speaker 3: I had one more point I was gonna make.
Speaker 1: Oh, and then you got the whole Trump keeps saying, because he just landed in China that Iran's really not not on the agenda. I don't think it's gonna be a very big part of the I wonder how that works because the number one customer for Iran is China.
Speaker 3: China is their number one customer.
Speaker 1: How could that possibly not be a big part of what's being discussed here? For o soyaletically yeah, yeah, yeah, for oil. Yeah, I was reading what seemed to be a pretty even handed assessment of his Iran. The Uran situation caused more problems for the US or or China at the summit.
Speaker 4: Who's going to have leverage? And the essence of the takeaway.
Speaker 1: Was, it's kind of, you know, screwing up the US in a few ways, and China's got some challenges, but there are stockpile and oil and it's okay. Everybody's all right. Everybody's got some headaches, but not bad ones.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what story we're gonna have to get to after we start the show. Officially. Oh, I'm Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 1: He's Joe Getty on this. It is Wednesday thirteenth, the year twenty twenty six. Armstrong, Getty. We approve of this program.
Speaker 4: All right, let's begin then officially according to FCC rules and regulations.
Speaker 1: Here we go. At Mark, I have not lied to Congress. I didn't ask that, died to Congress as you. I'm not testifying here, sir, and I don't why maybe the next time you were off a seven thousand dollars barsab we can talk about. Well see there you go line again. You suggest the report I roasted right, you suggested it was public It wasn't public money, as you know. That was for fifty members half part. So it was a seven thousand dollars bar tab. All my god.
Speaker 4: That was yet another low moment in American history. Cash Patel and Senator Dipstick Van Holland arguing about who's the harder drinker at what was passed off as a Senate hearing. But it was just a sniping fest. It was a poor George Washington rolling over in his grave.
Speaker 3: What was the point? What was the topic there? The bar tab?
Speaker 1: That they used taxpayer money for the bar tab, or they drink too much. Was it a claim that cash Hotel drinks too much?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Van Holland was saying that he had episodes of drinking and absences and his staff couldn't reach him.
Speaker 1: All that stuff.
Speaker 4: What was it in the New York Times for a minute, and cash Betel, not content to deny, went on the counter attack and accused Holland of running up a Van Holland of seven thousand dollars bar tab for some staff meeting.
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, that wasn't public money. Yeah, that was probably a campaign contributor for money and you got them a tunnel or a you know, easier regulations or what. Look, if the topic is how much we'd drink, who paid for the drinks is not the issue at this point.
Speaker 3: Which what are we talking about.
Speaker 1: We're talking about how we spend taxpayer money or how much we drink. That's what I would have said, Trunk, Kara, Trunk, We're going to the topic of who drank the most.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you drank the most.
Speaker 1: Here's the story we got to get to and you never know if it's true or not because after Russia, there are so many stories in the New York Times, Washington Post, other places that turned out to be completely bogus from unnamed sources. But New York Times got a big story out today quoting a whole bunch of people in our intelligence community that Iran has way more missiles and rockets and rocket launchers and all that sort of stuff than we were led to believe, like a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their arsenal is more or less intact according to that story.
Speaker 3: Right, which, if it's true, is horrifying. What did we get for those fifteen thousand strikes? How do we not take those out? I mean, I don't know anything about this.
Speaker 1: Maybe it makes perfectly good sense, but I'm surprised that they still have that capability. Yeah, it didn't have the feel of a Russia gate pilot Capno, me, it did not. They certainly have every interest in declaring, you know, Trump of failure, and I haven't yet heard anybody come out and say that's absolutely not true. Yeah. Yeah, we'll bring you the facts and figures. They're surprising, Yeah, surprising and troubling. So we got headlines on the way and a bunch of other news. I hope you can stay here so later we'll have to get into the musk Altman Open aiy trial that's going on in Oakland. Here's my funniest, my favorite tidbit from yesterday. Altman I think himself complaining that in one key meeting, when this whole thing was coming apart, Elon wouldn't pay any attention. All he did was kept people showing people funny memes on his phone.
Speaker 3: Wow wow, which you can picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So one kind of non headline is very briefly, because you don't spread news that's not yours to spread. I will just say this about this segment and the person who usually participates Senate, everything's great, everything's great, moving along. Inflation ticked up. Maybe you heard that we've got kind of a breakdown. It's a rising energy costs for a main factor. Although interestingly, and I'm not going to get into the bond markets. I mean, you could put an insomniac to sleep with a discussion of the bond markets. But the way they're acting is serious. Investors are thinking, yeah, higher inflation for an extended period like maybe years, and probably no rate cuts, so we're going to bet accordingly.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, I like hearing that.
Speaker 1: Oh I hate it here, I hate telling you that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know.
Speaker 1: We're talking to a real estate expert the other day, saying, people who didn't buy like five years ago, raising both of my hands yes, thinking that, you know what, things have got to come down. Yeah, missed out and they may never get back in. And that's the way I feel. I thought, there's no way houses state is high, and with interest rates where they're I'm waiting, I'm not gonna get fulled this time, right, And I wait, I'm not going all two thousand and six again, exactly. I'm no fool.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I just missed out?
Speaker 1: I did buy in the sweet spot, thank you Lord.
Speaker 4: And that news makes me want to despair, just the wackiness of the economy. Here's my favorite economic statistic. And Jack, I know this is going to hit you hard. You might want to sit down. Breakdown of goods and services. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: The price of canned produce rose five point seven percent.
Speaker 4: Damn it in the previous year. My green beans. I do love canned produce. Great, Scott, this is the US of a we get it fresh here. God, I remember the veggies we had to choke down as a kid, overcooked out of God, I'm gagging thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I thought I hated vegetables. Then I started getting them fresh and I'm like, wow, this is great.
Speaker 3: I've seen them on plates at places I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh oh boy. So the Prime Minister of Great Britain, hair Stormer may be going down. There's a possibility they're going to call for a new election, and he's got an approval rating at like fifteen percent currently ale bounce back, and so they might be going down.
Speaker 3: To whatever extent you care about that, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: But be nice to have somebody that might be a little more friendly toward us. He's super out there, hates the United States, and yeah, he's a left wing whackadoodle. I read more into that Sweden's big free market turnaround thing. You had to read down into it. We talked about this briefly yesterday. I'd love to get into it in more detail today, but you had to read down a ways to hear people admit that, Yeah, we let all sorts of quote unquote refugees and immigrants in who don't buy into our morals or our culture or our system, and they're forming gangs and they're doing crimes, and they're ripping off our generous state welfare system in ways that we didn't realize people would. We thought everyone was like us. Everything is downstream of culture. Don't give away your culture. So yesterday we never really got into that mayor of Arcadia suburb of Los Angeles who turned out to be working for the Chinese Communist Party. And it fits in with the chick that was sexing up the billionaire owner of the Milwaukee Bucks. Oh right, she turns out just came out today she is also tied to the Communist Party. And it's just an overall story of China's done a better job of getting spies into our country and getting themselves into our politics or into our billionaire's pants or whatever they're trying to do, or our congressman's beds, or you know whatever wherever they're trying to go from China, from twenty four year old sex pots to geek scientists to her grad assistants at your local university.
Speaker 4: Yeah they have, And I remember when was it? When did we talk about this? A lot?
Speaker 1: But the whole of society campaign to undermine the United States and surpass us. Like every trade, every profession, every person is tasked with doing that. So the big explosive story about how much more capability Iran has in terms of rockets and launchers and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: We can give you some of the details on that.
Speaker 1: It's troubling arm Strong and Getty. Are you aware of reports that Pakistan are are allowing their bases to be used to park Iranian aircraft? General Kane su I've seen one report on that. Was it accurate? Sorry, I think based on the variety of classific classification. Matt, let me just say, do you agree if it is accurate, that is sort of inconsistent with it being a peace mediator. Sure, I wouldn't want to comment on that based on the ongoing negotiations. Oh, I don't know why he didn't want to talk about that. The Secretary, my word, Lindsey Graham, our Senator Lindsay grand So talking to Cain. General Kin, Yeah, and General Kin didn't want to go there for whatever reason, and Lindsey Graham kind of lost his mind a little later. Maybe we'll play that later about how angry he got about You know, I don't trust these guys.
Speaker 3: No, he shouldn't trust them.
Speaker 1: They hid bin Laden from US, and they're letting Iran park their planes, so they can't be blown up and all kinds of other stuff, and they're the arbiters for this peace deal. It's ridiculous anyway, I don't want to get off on that. This is the story that's getting so much attention today. It's in the New York Times. The Trump administration's public portrayal of a shattered Iranian military is sharply at odds with what US intelligence agencies are telling policymakers behind closed doors. This is according to classified assessments from early this month that show Iran has regained access to most of its missile sites, launchers, and underground facilities. Most alarming to some senior officials is evidence that Iran has restored operational access to thirty of the thirty three missile sites it maintains along the Strait of.
Speaker 3: Horror Moves ooh by.
Speaker 1: Which of course, could threaten American warships and oil tankers transiting the Narrow Waterway. So I don't I don't know anything about this, So I can't claim incompetence or you know, anything.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know anything about this, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just shocked with after all that bombing and the idea that we had decimated their ability to you know, fire back at us that we, you know, really had some supremacy in the skies and could do whatever he wanted.
Speaker 3: That they got thirty of thirty three rocket launchers still going along the strait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do have supremacy in the sky and all that sort of stuff. But it looks and we ought to talk to Mike Lyons about this. I'm going to tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It looks like they went to ground in a way, they hid their stuff and buried it or whatever, took a deep underground knowing that the attacks were coming.
Speaker 1: In general, for the whole country, Iran still fields about seventy percent of its mobile launchers across the country and has retained roughly seventy percent of its pre war missile stockpile. According to the assessments, that stockpile encompasses both ballistic missiles which can target other nations in the region, and a smaller supply of cruise missiles, which can be used against shorter range targets on land or at sea.
Speaker 3: That is pretty troubling stuff.
Speaker 1: Now. At the same time, the story came out today that yesterday the story came out that the UAE had also.
Speaker 3: Bombed Iran during this whole war. Today, the story's out that.
Speaker 1: Saudi Arabia joined Israel and US in the bombing oh and kept it quiet the whole time for obvious reasons. I mean, that could disrupt a lot of their population. I mean, if it was a big, splashy headline that Saudi Arabia joins the Jews and bobbing Muslims. Oh, you write that headline in Saudi, you get your hands chopped off if you're lucky. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they say they have regained access to roughly ninety percent of its underground missile storage and launch facilities nationwide. Minded of our last conversation with Mike Clients in which we were talking about the fact that given the narrowness of the strait of horror moves, and you know, just the modern weaponry drones and otherwise, you you practically cannot eliminated country's capacity to do violence. All you can do is eliminate their will to do violence by beating them down so hard they say, let me up, I've had enough.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it, but it's clearly true. Having lived through well, Vietnam is a really little kid when I you know, was reading about it later when I got older, but also Iraq, Afghanistan, now Iran, you just can't accomplish what you need to accomplish with airpower. You just can't, apparently, And it doesn't quite make sense to me, but it clearly is true. Unless you're gonna put you know, one hundred thousand troops on the ground and go through cities with guys, you can't do what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there's a hell of a lot you can do by putting, say a missile launching system on an elevator and taking it six stories underground. Then we have to use our super giant ordinance to get to those and if you have hundreds of them, well it's just it's tough to make that happen. You gotta get your enemy to capitulate so he can move on to other topics. But it certainly seems to me on this that if Trump is going to as he said again yesterday before he got on the plane head in China, if he says, if he's sticking to his guns, and I sure hope he is, that, look, only one thing matters. They are not going to get a nuclear weapon. Then we got to go back to bombing the crap out of them probably, Yeah, yeah, I can't imagine any other rule. The other thing that he's not going to say out loud, but I think is also true. They can't control the straight of poor moves, right, So I think that's just as true. If those two things are absolutes, no nukes, straight opens back up again.
Speaker 3: We got to start bombing the crap out of them again.
Speaker 4: Even then, it's going to be a tough nut to crack, especially the strait, given what I was saying about, you know, capability and drones and the rest of it. Here's what I love about events and laws and things that human beings do that I always accuse the Left of not taking into consideration. There are secondary effects. If a happens, how will people adjust? What will they do that will change the world. And convoys of heavy duty trucks are now barreling across the Arabian Desert as an escape valve from the jammed up straight of hor Mooz, And it's just absolutely spectacular.
Speaker 3: Stuff across the border by land. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lots and lots and lots of trucks mostly running around the clock, two drivers each. There's an executive at ALCOA former executive who's been watching this unfold and as connections. He says, six hundred trucks became sixteen hundred, became two, and now we've got thirty five hundred trucks running from the Gulf to the Red Sea. They paused just long enough to refuel while one dude sleeps in the back.
Speaker 1: And that's interesting because I didn't bring this. The other day, some Iranian foreign minister speakers whatever said our border is twice the length of the distance across the United States, our entire border around our country.
Speaker 3: You can't police all of that.
Speaker 1: We can move stuff over land and get stuff in and out of the country that way.
Speaker 3: I thought, that does sound like a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So here's an expert said, they'll they will have caught up. Well, okay, so he's in the fertilizer business. This one guy being quoted, who is this such Zoo or whatever the name of the guy is, or wrote the Art of War. Yeah, he's got to have some saying in there. This truism the other side gets a vote because that is the most truest thing about all fights in war and business deals or whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the other side gets a vote.
Speaker 1: You can come up with your plan, but they get to come up with their plan, and you don't always guess correctly what that's going to be. Right.
Speaker 3: So here's the.
Speaker 1: CEO of a Saudi state controlled mining company that was caught up in the blockade and serious about it and helped get the giant number of trucks going. He said they'll have caught up on its export backclog by the end of May. He said, whether I truly believe we could do it or two weeks, I don't know. The drive is making a meaningful dent in a fertilizer shortage that's threatening the global food supply. But we're making real progress. That's the only current leverage we have. If we're not going to bomb. The ideas were crushing their economy because they can't get anything in or out. Well, if they are getting things in and out, and if they're caught back up to normal in two weeks, then we got no leverage other than bombing.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's quite a development.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Yikes. The IRGC is no fat headed Maduro.
Speaker 3: We're supposed to do an ad here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got such a great tease for a story that I mean, you talk about a story that's in the Armstrong and Getty show Wheelhouse.
Speaker 3: I got a story for you. I'll tell you about it after.
Speaker 1: This word from our friends at simply Safe Home Security.
Speaker 4: You've probably or perhaps you've dealt with this. Traditional security launch locks you into a long term, multi year contract with huge cancelation fees, and it they think we're crap. Simply Safe is so good. It's so effective.
Speaker 1: It's a whole security ecosystem with cameras and sensors and twenty four to seven live professional moditoring agents, costs a fraction of the old systems, and it works, no long term contracts. I've moved into places that had some sort of complicated big pad on the wall and never really even looked into how you use the damn thing, and nobody. You pay for the system and you don't use it. Too complicated, doesn't work whatever, And simply Safe is the opposite that you will use it. In fact, they earn your business every single day because you can cancel anytime. And I've been using simply Safe for a very long time, like five million other people.
Speaker 3: Super easy to set up and use.
Speaker 4: YEP over five million people. Like Jack said, trust simply say you will too. Bah bah bah.
Speaker 1: You can get fifty percent off a new system when you sign up for professional monitoring. Your first month is free. Just visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong super affordable half off simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safelights, simply safer. So what's the rattiest city in America? Oh?
Speaker 3: Los Angeles? What is number two? San Francisco?
Speaker 1: Oh? In the LA Times today, it's because of the ex housing costs, right. Uh, rats and other vermin spark notable restaurant closures by LA Health Department. Whole bunch of restaurants closed down for at least forty eight hours this last month because a rat and other problems. You're not helping people think about the hantavirus less with this story and including some big name rests staurants like dantan Is and West Hollywood and a bunch of other places that lots of celebrities go where they got rat droppings and whatnot. But anyway, even ratitude, he had to close his restaurant.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We can get into some of the details of the story, which I find pretty entertaining. Well, some of the details are disgusting, and then some of the ways that they resolve it are entertaining. Really well, it's like retraining staff. It's like you know, you know, which is always the joke. It's like, you know, if you have sexual harassment, they retrain people. Oh, I'm not supposed to sexually harassed. Nobody told me so. I'm I'm supposed to grab her ass? No, no, no, okay, so oh oh oh, I'm not supposed to feed the rats.
Speaker 4: And if you are bringing out the plate to the diner and there's a rat on the plate, don't bring it to the table.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't get bring it to the day right, slow down, I'm making notes anyway, so we'll get to that story. I love that we've got mail bag on the way stay here talking about all the LA restaurants hit with citations for vermin infestations. It points out that it's not just rats and rat droppings that caused this problem. It could also be cockaroaches or flies. Flies is really a step down from rats. I mean, I don't want a lot of flies, but it's a different level of you got flies in your kitchen, I eat at your house and I don't dig it, but rats running around. Come on. And it's not just restaurant, it's also a couple of school cafeterias and multiple seven elevens, the old seven eleven, as in you'll find in your slurpy between seven and eleven rat droppings. No, that's not true. That's actually not true. No need to sue us. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. I was looking for new quotes about freedom. Long song sou key who was It's the activist in I won the Nobel Prize one of your Asian countries. The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear. I'd try that, but I'm afraid to Carrie Jones's work I don't know. Similarly, the secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage. There you go, be courageous, friends, quit being a scaredy cat. Mail bag drop as no mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com.
Speaker 4: Here's your meme of the day. San Francisco is banning outdoor smoking. I missed that.
Speaker 3: Who is San Francisco outdoor smoking?
Speaker 1: Smoke pot? But anyway, I'll finish this then we can discuss I can't smoke in the bar or outside the bar. Correct, that's not There's.
Speaker 3: No way you can make that work.
Speaker 4: San Francisco is banning outdoor smoking because the last thing people want to do is smell a disgusting cigarette while they're pooping on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: Now, now, now that.
Speaker 1: San Francisco's trying, they're doing better. They got a new mayor. Are they going to enforce the nose smoking in the whole city? Though I don't know much about it, Yeah, I have no realistic him. Here's a note from Ken.
Speaker 4: Listen to your show talking about Michael Jackson, which we were yesterday. I had contact with a couple of the Santa Barbara Sheriffs investigators back in the day.
Speaker 1: Who were looking into the allegations.
Speaker 4: Children were able to describe specific features about his pennis. How would a child be able to do that without completely inappropriate behavior happening. He paid off the families, forced NDAs to stay out of jail. He was absolutely guilty. Booty Rumbles. I also knew boy. I also knew people who worked at Neverland Ranch and nurses at the Senna Yez Hospital. They all said he was incredibly nice and charming, a skill he used for his predatory behave here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to learn about the Booty Rumbles, we went through that whole story yesterday.
Speaker 4: If you don't, that's fine too. He is one final pop culturally culturing note. We were talking about Mickey Mantle yesterday in the context that all of the men and his family died young. So he just partied like a maniac, figuring he was gonna die anyway, hastening his death.
Speaker 1: Better hitter than thinker, as it turns out.
Speaker 4: But what are you gonna do? We got this note from E. Mickey Mantle was a friend of my dad's cool when he moved to Lake Okanney, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Is that how you pronounced? He would hang out at my dad's house and got drunk as a three eyed monkey.
Speaker 3: I don't know that one I was.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what it means, but it's funny. I was in college at the time and was visiting my dad and he was there. He signed a Mickey Mantle four x six photo card for me and asked me what my apartment number was, so.
Speaker 4: I told him. He wrote to Room two fourteen. Best time I ever had Mickey Mantle White fall. What a trunk pig.
Speaker 1: Wow, charming tale of the beish ball great drunk is a three eyed monkey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, iis drink. I'd use that one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: On slightly more serious subjects, Michael, longtime correspondent, Michael writes, guys have a very dumb question. This trip to China with the president and all of the big names, Yeah, cabinet officials, Marco's going, Pete's going, and a bunch of like super heavyweight business people from the US. What's to stop China from doing something terrible, from locking everyone in the in a Chinese prison or even worse sentence.
Speaker 1: Is a bit of a trip.
Speaker 4: But the whole group are seen as evil by the left for associating with Trump, so there'd be no media backlash in the US, and Democrat politicians would say it's deserved. Seems like the whole world would just kind of shrug it off, like they do with everything. I'm not sure jd Vance would or could do anything formidable in response.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just crazy. Well, that would be an act of war. I mean, that would be a declaration of war. I'm not worried about that occurrence. Yeah, I think maybe you are crazy. Michael but have a good and thanks for the note. Let's see Adam with a note about Oh, I guess we talked about this one more thing or something. Gavin Newsom in cal Unicornia persuaded the legislature to what's the difference of out law legalized jaywalking? Because jaywalking charges fell disproportionately on people of color, and any sane person would say, well, do they do it disproportionately? That's why? Well, I think it had to do a lot to do with the homeless situation too, So you don't have to you can just let the homeless wander around.
Speaker 4: Right and or legitimate well, right, yeah, citizens, law abiding citizens were like, you just gave me a ticket for this, while five junkies went across the street. Well, we can't do anything about that because they don't have an address and we can't find them because they won't pay. So we just enforced the law against the law biding. But anyway, numbers have just come out about the rapid increase in pedestrian deaths around the capital of Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I will be today at noon for this thing.
Speaker 1: I've been going through every Wednesday, and the junkie population there is stunning yeah, I had no idea it was that bad because I hadn't been right there on that street on the other side of the Capitol in a while.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's so gross, And Adam Rice, the timing was sadly perfect. After you guys were just talking about suicidal empathy, which I want to talk about more of it. When our genius governor signed off on the Freedom to Walk Act, God, I.
Speaker 1: Just vomited in my mouth a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's freedom so stupid.
Speaker 1: I made a mental note to check some obviously affected statistics after giving it some time.
Speaker 4: Blah blah bah. The decriminalization of jaywalking wasn't mentioned in the article, but it seems like a pretty obvious reason. I don't know what else to say. It's pretty low on my list of worries. Added to the things that make me feel like I live in the movie Idiocracy. Chairs, same to you, Adam Chairs, get as drunk as a three eyed mounk.
Speaker 1: Ah boy. Too bad about all the rat droppings in the restaurants.
Speaker 4: Your policy sucks and it does the opposite of what you intend, but it makes me.
Speaker 1: Feel good and it sounds noble. Oh my god, grow up, we've got a lot more stuff we gotta get to. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Some interesting stuff happened in the Open AI sam altman Elon Musk trial. Just oh, there's new inflation numbers out. Also, should we should hit that? Do?
Speaker 3: Stick around
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty