Speaker 1: How from Ryan Service?
Speaker 2: Ryan's Service?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: How are you Ryan's Service?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 2: What is that your is Ryan's Service? Is that your company? Or your name?
Speaker 3: That's my name?
Speaker 2: What do you be eating? What are you eating?
Speaker 6: Sake?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 2: How cooked is it?
Speaker 4: Is you?
Speaker 3: Rare?
Speaker 2: Do you like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where did you cook it yourself?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Who cooked it for you?
Speaker 7: My friend?
Speaker 2: Who's your friend?
Speaker 5: Noah Parry?
Speaker 2: You said your your friend's name is military or the military cooked it for you?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: You gotta go?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm hungry, just kidding. I had a lot of marshmallows. Before this goes on, the live taking your phone calls every nine never goes. I'm just teaching you live. Hello. This is Lyle and this is the Therapy Echo podcast. It is a podcast about a lizard talking to people on the phone. If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or concerns, you can email me at Lyle Forever and Ever at gmail dot com. That's Lyle forever and Ever at gmail dot com. Thank you for listening. I hope you enjoy all.
Speaker 4: From Veronica.
Speaker 2: Yes, Hi, how are you Veronica?
Speaker 3: I'm done pretty well?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm all right? I'm hanging out in this subway.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds fun.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Who's in the background.
Speaker 3: Who is in the background?
Speaker 8: Oh that's my sister.
Speaker 2: Can I talk to your sister?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Why not, she's not of age.
Speaker 2: Oh I have a question for you. Yeah, are you interesting?
Speaker 3: I'd like to think so. I have a I have a very interesting career.
Speaker 2: What is your career?
Speaker 3: I am a romance ghost writer. I have written, uh, just finished my thirtieth book for other people, many of them New York Times bestsellers. They haven't written their work.
Speaker 6: It's me.
Speaker 2: Does it bother you that you write the work and then the other people get to take the credit?
Speaker 3: You know, at first it did. Because I'm also a serious like a serious author. I also have my own career, and it is not nearly as lucrative, but I get to explore some really interesting things, such as what.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I've written just about every type of romance under the sun, with the exception of male pregnancy, but I've done everything else.
Speaker 2: I did not know that there were so many different types of romances.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, there's countless. There's fetishes for everything.
Speaker 2: One to write.
Speaker 3: So for as much kink as I write, I'm actually pretty ni less, so it's, uh, it's like a stretch for me to write base. But it's interesting because when you write, you have to get into the head of somebody else, right, So I've got to get into a headspace for all of these different kinks, these different types of people you get involved in the LGBTQ community, all of these different things where I don't necessarily fit. I've got to find a way in.
Speaker 2: For lots of So let me ask you a question. I'm curious. So I hope you don't find this insulting or anything. It's not meant to be. But if you've written thirty novels, right, and you're writing for all these high profile bestseller people, why don't you just write the thing yourself instead of writing for all these people.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, publishing is a lot more than just writing books, Like real talk, the actual business side of it is really shitty. My own personal books are not selling nearly as well. To make the kind of money that I do writing for my current clients, it's a total MoneyGram. Now it's fuel. It funds my work so I can pay for editors, cover designers, marketing. I mean, I didn't I don't have a business degree, so it's it's a lot of work navigating the business side of writing. But if I just write smut for other people, it's fun and I get paid to do it. I get paid to watch porns. I get paid to write porns.
Speaker 2: That's my own. Ever turn you want? Yes, do you like? Hmmm?
Speaker 4: Do you have it?
Speaker 2: Do you do you ever like? What was I gonna say?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have trouble writing for romantic genres that you personally don't find a rousing but are doing so just for the money?
Speaker 3: Yes, for example, a big one any industry to call them alpha holes. It's like the whole alpha male persona. It's not a thing for me at all. It's a huge turn off. I think you look like a douche if so like, it's not an appealing fantasy for me. But I have written a lot of them, and while it gets easier with time, it's still ah. My most recent project was like dragon Nails across my skin, trying to finish just because I found the lead male? Is that infuriating?
Speaker 2: Do you consider like you being aroused as like indication that your writing is good?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it may be my imagination. But if I can get turned on someone else in their imagination, surely is I like that.
Speaker 2: That's how I kind of feel about like, you know, jokes or something you know, like if you're writing something and you're like, I think this is fun If I think this is funny, then we'll think it's funny.
Speaker 3: You're not the only one with that sense of humor. I'm not the only one who's turned on by certain things. Like it's a as long as you connect with somebody, man, it's good.
Speaker 2: Well what did you say?
Speaker 3: Your name was Veronica?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing Veronica. I I you know, maybe one day I'll be reading you and not knowing.
Speaker 3: I certainly hope. So thanks Gek, you.
Speaker 4: Have a good night, you too, all From hot Dog.
Speaker 9: Hot Dog, Hello, Gek, how are you?
Speaker 2: Are you interesting? Hot Dog?
Speaker 9: I have been told I'm very interesting. I think that might just be based off of how I was raised, or poor decision making led to a very interesting event in my life.
Speaker 2: Why did poor decision making lead you to believe that you are interesting?
Speaker 9: Because it has led to very interesting experiences and has shaped how I have grown as a person. I feel very desensitized to a lot of things based off of these decision making. Yes, I guess that's a good.
Speaker 2: Are you comfortable sharing any of these interesting events?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I can share some.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 9: Okay, well lets start when I was younger. That's like a good one. So when I was younger, my upstairs neighbor, she was my best friend. Her older sister used to sell candy, just like to make money for you know whatever. She her sister was like.
Speaker 2: Yes, normally I asked people to get closer to the mic, but can you get a tiny bit farther from the mic?
Speaker 9: How does that sound? Or actually give me one second?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I gotcha.
Speaker 9: Wait is that better?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 9: Okay, wonderful. So my friend's older sister used to sell candy, and that led to me wanting to buy candy from our older sister. So I would hustle around the neighborhood. And I was raised in a very low income neighborhood, so it was a little bit sketchy. But there was a pond behind our neighborhood. And at the same time, I had just found my mom's condoms and you know, other things around there. But I had stole I had stolen a string of condoms from my mom's drawer and I put two and two together, and I was like, oh, there are guppies and frogs and fish in this pond. And I had just gone to a fair recently, we around that time, and I thought that they were selling goldfish and like little bags and shit like that. So I took those condoms.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 9: Basically done the same idea. I had taken the guppies from the pond and put them in the condoms, and I had been selling them to the kids around the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that was bags of fish, but they were in condom bags as opposed to little fish bags.
Speaker 9: Yes, but yeah, that had I had just wanted to buy candy from my friend's older sister.
Speaker 7: That was basically what.
Speaker 2: Was the going rate for a condom fish?
Speaker 9: Oh, it was like one dollar a bag, so not that much, and I think that was like pretty reasonable.
Speaker 2: The margins are I guess if you stole the condoms, the margins are pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that's not bad. I didn't know what condoms were. I was like eight or nine at this time. They were colorful too, so I thought they were like, you know, some sort of balloon or something like that. So yeah, a little bit but a little bit fucked up. So I guess that led to interesting decision making because I found that that did work for me. I did get candy from my friend's older sister, and uh, I guess I played a little bit of a part of my life. I think about that incident quite a lot because I do find myself doing things like that for stuff I would like.
Speaker 2: But yeah, wow, so you've been entrepreneurial for since a very young age.
Speaker 9: I have, I have recently, I hadself.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I was gonna ask, is what's you know, an entrepreneurial effort that you've found yourself in recently.
Speaker 9: So I do have a normal job. I work at a gas station. You know, that's fun and all what out, but it doesn't make that much money. So I have found that Craigslist is a very fun place to do dumb shit to earn money. Like the other day, I had sold this dude. I don't know what his interest was in these, but I sold this dude that I met on Craigslist just some fucking ear swabs, you know, like the little what are they called Q tips? I sold them some of us Q tips and I made about fifty dollars off of those, So I guess that would be a poor decision talking to somebody from Craigslist. But at the same time, I did profit from it.
Speaker 2: What do you think he was using bad.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I assume it was some sort of fetish thing for him. I don't really know. I haven't ventured into that kind of stuff. I have no fucking idea.
Speaker 2: What do you think, well, I mean, I don't know. He could have put them in his own ear. Hot Dog, Hot Dog? Are you there? Hot dog? Are you gone? As mysteriously as she entered, she.
Speaker 4: Left pull from Dennis.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, who is this?
Speaker 5: Oh it's Dennis.
Speaker 2: Are you interesting? Dennis?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I wanted to elaborate about the Craigslist selling that the person before me was talking about.
Speaker 10: Oh please, that's like a whole back in the day, that was like a whole career move.
Speaker 5: That was like the only fans of message boards?
Speaker 2: Did you used to buy slash sell on that message board?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah?
Speaker 5: Selling stuff on Craigslist was the jam back in the day.
Speaker 2: What kinds of items would you sell? I?
Speaker 5: Uh, it depends, well, it depended. It was a lot of underwear, socks. Uh, I had some guy friends get in on the game, and then we would sell like jock straps and stuff. It's pretty amazing what people were willing to pay for.
Speaker 2: What did you observe as the highest ticket item?
Speaker 5: Well, so it really depended. It would be more like special requests versus like high ticket items. It would be like, uh, where a pair of where the same pair of underwear and exercise on a treadmill for X amount of time and then take the pair of underwear put it into one of those like the sealed air zip sealed things, you know, like you would do like a salmon or whatever.
Speaker 2: You don't talk about, right, and the vacuum seal it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have vacu' to steal it, and then you send it to them.
Speaker 6: But then.
Speaker 5: Where the ahead the special request was where the real many came in.
Speaker 2: But how could they verify that you actually completed the request?
Speaker 5: I mean it's pretty easy to tell whether Well, first of all, they would get something in the mail, and then second of all, I think it's pretty easy to tell the difference between like a clean pair of underwear versus like exercised in for a week straight underwear.
Speaker 2: I'd like to I think It's funny to imagine that these guys like they can smell the difference between underwear that was used on a treadmill for ten minutes as opposed to twelve minutes.
Speaker 5: There were there were people that used to try and run a scam on on us because it was like a group of us that would do it. And the scam would be like, I want you to send me proofs that you actually wore x Y and Z while you did X Y and Z, so that in the hopes that they could get a picture of somebody like wearing the jockstrap or the sox or whatever. Uh, and that would be their way of, like, you know, then they would never if they if we sent them that that they would never call back or they would never buy anything. That was their way of trying to like scam picks and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, so, Dennis, before before we move on, uh, you know you were calling me in as a follow up, Do you have any other idea as to what that earwax? I get the like I said, I understand the underwear and the jockstrap and the socks, but the Q tip doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's again, it's just some weird fetish thing. Someone once paid me five hundred dollars to uh take a to record a video of me stepping on a printer in a high heel shoe and stomping on it until it broke, and then I mailed them the DVD with that on it a DVD.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was a long time ago. And not only did he replace the printer, but he also paid me five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh so he also replaced the printer because it was your printer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was my personal printer.
Speaker 2: Was it a nice printer?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was one of the ones that was the scanner printer combo.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing with us, Dennis. I appreciate you calling in. Yeah, of course, you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 5: All right, talk to you later.
Speaker 1: All from and Let's go cute?
Speaker 2: Did you say let's go with Q?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a letter of like between A and Z, just shows a random one.
Speaker 2: You were. You were way more the last two people that picked up the phone they had they were like blown away that they got on And I like that you you you like answered me so immediately that you you were. That was a very confident you had like the heart of the cards there.
Speaker 11: Sleep So I am a good bluffer?
Speaker 7: You're what a good bluffing?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Never mind, there's there's no there's no way to be good at this. This is not a job. There's no job to do, so you can't do a good job. But that also means you can't do a bad job. Are you interesting? Q? That's that's not a q an and thing? Is it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: No, I just I completely forgot about that. Actually, I probably should have chose between one and twenty five of the letters.
Speaker 2: Are you interested in cute?
Speaker 7: I like to think so.
Speaker 11: I mean high school, I did kind of write a scooter between classes?
Speaker 2: You wrote a scool How old are you.
Speaker 11: Right now?
Speaker 2: On nineteen you wrote a scooter in between classes? Like you crazier scooter down the hallway of your high school from Spanish?
Speaker 11: Done that it wasn't in the school. Like my school had a very outdoorish campus. It's like it was built in the fifties, so instead of you know, making a new campus in like twenty twenty, they just kept building onto it. So like there's different buildings all outside and it's like a half mile wide campus, so it was hard to get around. But to like went into together within a five minutes.
Speaker 7: I believe it was.
Speaker 11: So I just kind of wrote scooter between classes and then got the admessiration on my side?
Speaker 2: Was this a thing? Was this or was it mainly? Were you the scooter guy? Or was everyone doing scooters?
Speaker 8: Your boy?
Speaker 2: Wow? So what do you mean by the administration was on your side? Was there a big war between scooter and no scooter?
Speaker 11: No? No, there might have been ever one against me and my friend.
Speaker 2: But what happened? Do you think it upset people that you wrote a scooter? Do you think that they thought you thought you were better than everyone else and that made them resent you.
Speaker 11: I don't think that. I didn't end up on school's Instagram mean page a couple of times. Mostly it's just people like, Hey, that's kind of cool or that's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a thing that happens when you in the culture of high school. Some kids become memes. You know, I kind of I kind of remember this. You know, we had a few kids that would would become memes, uh, and they get the there's kids in your school that sometimes when when you become memified, Q, I feel like it paints you. It turns you into like this two dimensional portrait of you are the scooter kid and that is all you are. Do you did you ever feel bad? Did you ever want people to know you as more than just the scooter kid? Q? Did you ever feel bad that that you were locked into that?
Speaker 11: I don't think I got locked into that. Well maybe me for like the freshmans that came in, but I only started doing that the second half high school. That's when I became troubled to like get the class on time. So I thought, hey, scooter, that could work. But I kind of know most of people in my grade because I was, like, I think it was like something in the top ten, so like I was known through extracurriculation other means to that. But I never really I mean, I got called the scooter boy everywhere, but I don't think I was locked to that per se. I think I did a good job doing other stuff to not just be the scooter boy.
Speaker 2: By the way, I want you to know, if I were on like the board or whatever, I totally would have voted against you being allowed to use a scooter because and here's why. The thing of I can't get the class on time, I need a scooter is just it's that's bullshit. Q. That's such bullshit. You realize why that you really you realize why that's bullshit, don't you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I completely see.
Speaker 2: Because if you're the only because everyone else can do it, why is it that you? I mean, do you? I mean, do you have a disability? M Get the fuck out of here. No, well, you can't ride a scooter around. Everyone else can get to class on time out come, you can't come. You need the scooter.
Speaker 1: Against that.
Speaker 11: The original reason was, like you know, I said, my school kept building onto itself, okay, and my junior year they ran out of like space to build on. But there was this elementary school right next door, and thought we could just move all the elementary school kids to other schools and take over that building. And that's why it really became difficulty in the class because you had one on the opposite side of campus.
Speaker 2: That doesn't Yeah, but that doesn't address that doesn't address what I just said. It doesn't matter if everyone else was able to do it without the scooter except for you, So why should you get to ride a scooter?
Speaker 11: I think it was more so like the teacher's just think character late because they were getting there late like I was. It's more so like a point that there was no reason I started doing it.
Speaker 12: Was try to get the school to like do block.
Speaker 11: Scheduling instead of like seven periods that once to get more for it.
Speaker 2: Would if I would, if I would have fought really hard, like if I was like the one person in the room who voted against would have thought really hard for you to not be allowed to do that.
Speaker 11: But then they just said, you know what, rite the scooter and we both kind of want to.
Speaker 2: I would have thought to a point and then I would have given up. That's probably what happened.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, well, thank you for sharing with us anytime.
Speaker 13: Then there was there was a.
Speaker 2: Whole who was the one person that was against it.
Speaker 11: There was one teacher that was like, it was this is my senior year and I was going over at the end of the school day. It was going over to like some club, but they apparently had the building on lockdown because there was like vandalism or something, and the teacher blocked me from going in and said, you can't write the scooter. On top of that, instead of insurance violation and all that, which I figured all that but also I was the kid that uh you know those rule books they make you read on the first day.
Speaker 2: Who was the teacher?
Speaker 11: Some Spanish teachers.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all I need to know. Thank you for sharing Q. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: You too all from Tiki.
Speaker 2: Tiki Hello, Hello Teeky.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, I actually got through.
Speaker 2: You don't know that this could be a voicemail. You could be in a dream. You don't know that you got through.
Speaker 3: A You could be right.
Speaker 14: I never thought of it like that.
Speaker 2: How old.
Speaker 14: I'm nineteen. I actually wanted to talk to you about that because all my like I recently graduated, and all my friends are like doing stuff with their life. But I'm, you know, still living with my grandma on her basement watching a deck in one stream.
Speaker 2: What do you want to be doing with your life?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I don't know though. That's that's the actual thing, and that question I hated a lot while in high school, Like a lot of council counselors were like, what do you want to do with your life? And stuff? And I don't know. Even now, I don't know why graduated?
Speaker 2: Uh, you graduate from high school?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you in college?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 14: I'm not well, some people. What do I do right now? I work at Taco Bell?
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look work it. Look there's pride I'm working at Taco Bell. Don't think there's not, because I fucking love Taco Bell And if people didn't work there, I couldn't eat there.
Speaker 14: Thank you for actually saying that, because my friends make fun of me for working at Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Fuck your friends. Fuck your friends. Do your fucking do your friends eat Taco Bell?
Speaker 15: They do?
Speaker 7: Actually fuck them?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm thinking about that.
Speaker 14: My friends are dickheads.
Speaker 2: That pisses me offten. You can't but to eat a Taco Bell. You need people to work there.
Speaker 14: You're right about that. And me working now at you know, dead make me appreciate other people who work there. Oh yeah, and it hurts me a little bit because I have my mom who's very rude to like like that. It's like you mess up an order or something like that. She's very rude to people like that, and I'll mess up in order sometimes when people are rude to me, it kind of hurts my feelings.
Speaker 2: Mmm. Have you tried to so it's given you? Yeah, I've heard that a lot, you know, from people who work in like the service industry, So it's given you a better perspective on you know, other people that you encounter as a civilian who work in that industry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 14: Like I have a friend who is a waiter and a bus boy, and before you know, actually me talking to him, I didn't really tip that often or tip that much, But now I make sure I tip you know as much as I can because I understand you know what you're going through and what you need.
Speaker 2: Don't let don'ian let your friends give you shit for work, and I talk about, well, what did they I don't even I don't even want to hear what they do, because I don't think it's good to compare yourself to other people. We're we're talking about you right now, Nah, dude, I love talking man. Do you get a disc Do you eat the stuff or or after seeing how it's made, you're you're You're good.
Speaker 14: I used to like I'd say, for the first week, I eat a lot of taco bell, but I gradually stopped eating it as it's I think it kind of makes me pick a lot of it I eat and talk about every day.
Speaker 2: So do you have do you have aspirations. Uh, outside of talk about I know you hate this question. But when people when people uh put you in the corner and ask you to answer, what do you what do you usually come out.
Speaker 14: With I normally tell him like, my family kind of has this path laid out for me, but I guess in my rebellious state where I kind of don't want to take that path.
Speaker 6: But the path is.
Speaker 14: Like my uncle is a truck driver and he got a CDL and all that, and that's kind of the path they want me to take, is get my CDO and become a truck driver. But it's like, is that that's not my choice, that's the choice they're pushing on to me.
Speaker 2: Mhm. Sometimes sometimes uh not to say talk about a shitty choice, but like in general, sometimes a shitty choice is almost better than a because it's your A shitty choice that is yours is almost better than a good choice as someone else's.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, you could be right about that because I'm I am just you know, like I kind of got to say it, like I only work and talk about I live with my grandma. I don't got to pay rent and all that she provides for me.
Speaker 2: So it's like all, if you're not paying rent, that's good because you can say you save up all that money, you can use it for you know, lots of difference than you know, investments and shiit m h.
Speaker 14: I've been wanting to get in more of the stock market. I haven't seen a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well we're gonna get way off topic if we start talking about this. But is there do you have any do you have any interests outside?
Speaker 4: Like what do you do?
Speaker 2: Like, what do you do when you're not working at Taco Bell?
Speaker 14: I'm not working. I'm really in the anime. But like I was talking to my friends about like our personalities and stuff, and then they kind of mentioned, like, I, you know, how I really talk about is anime and video games, and I was like, you're right. So I wanted to right now, I'm magic or like magic magic magic magic magic, like tricks like card tricks and ship like that sick. You know, I think it's entertaining and I don't know any Like I had this one friend back in middle school where he, you know, did a lot of card tricks and I thought it was cool. But like I realized, as I get older, my friend group diminishes. Like drastically, Like, right now I only talk to the same four people.
Speaker 2: Well, four people is incredible, by the way, I I probably talked to like four people. Four people is good. Well wait, are these the same four people? Because your friends earlier they were making fun of you for we're going to talk about it, sounds like they sucked.
Speaker 14: They Yeah, it is the same four people. But I don't see it as that because it's like, that's kind of how our friend group operates, with like dickheads to each other. You know, sometimes it does hurt me emotionally, and I will convey that to them and they do understand sometimes, but other times they'll be like, oh, you're just being a pussy, You're just emotional and so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: Well, I I all right, Initially I didn't want to talk about your friends, and I'll talk about them real quick before we move on.
Speaker 12: But like.
Speaker 2: Because because like maybe if you like are like jealous of certain things that your friends are doing, that could indict that will at least queue you in onto what you might want. If that may like, what is it that your friends are doing that you are like, Oh, they're moving on with their lives and doing cool stuff. Like, what what is it that they're doing that you you know, but one of them, I'm sorry you said that one more time, you kind of get cut out a little bit.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry.
Speaker 14: Most of them are going into the army, and you know, they offered me to go with them. But that's also not something I want to do. That's not something I aspired to do.
Speaker 2: So why are you so? I mean, why would you be Why would you be jealous of someone doing something that you don't want to do.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't say I'm jealous, Like I don't think I am jealous.
Speaker 6: The thing is just like.
Speaker 14: They know what they want to do, like they they you know, they want to do that. I don't know what I want to do. So it's the fact that they, you know, they have a purpose kind of I would say a purpose in life, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: What mine is.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say a couple of things. And I'm not qualified to give advice because I'm a lizard on the computer. But I don't know. You're you're so fucking young too, like nineteen dude, honestly, like honest to shit, like you living at your grandma's house and like work at a time, just like at nineteen, Like, do that as long, honest honestly, do that as long as you can. I think so, right, because if you let's say you lived at your mom's house for like, and people might disagree with me on this, but if you just lived at your your grandma's house for you know, a couple of years, and you just you just eight taco bell and ham sandwiches and ship, you just saved up all that money you can, You're gonna build a cute You're gonna build a very cute little savings account right there, and then you know, and then you can use that to invest in stocks and ship. Like that's kind of the moves. Like people might shoot on you for that, but like, dude, building building up a cute little savings account while you know, keeping your grandma come and feeding some stoners, that's not a bad gig. I wouldn't take any shame in that.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you're that.
Speaker 14: I do appreciate your input with that, because I don't thought of.
Speaker 4: It like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I keep thinking about it like that. You're you're saying you're saving up, you're feeding people, you're taking care of you gras, It's it's a you got it for nineteen that's a good I think that's a good gig.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, like the thing is too, like, uh, I have a younger brother. I get compared to a lot, and he's kind of like the prodigy of the family. Like he's super smart. He does all this coding and you know, cyber security stuff like that, and I get compared to him, and like they believe he's going places, and then I'm just the deadbeat of the family and that kind of hurts me.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 2: I like, I liked what you said that you were like kind of getting into stocks, right, yeah, yeah, get more into get like get into the chick, give us like investments and ship. That's what I That's what I would do if I was in your situations, I would like pocket all that keep loving with your grandma. Pocket all that money, and then look at how you can invest it. I mean, don't like, you know, go to the casinos or put all on fucking game stop or something. But I like that's a good I think that's a good strategy. Just saving up money to invest, you'll you'll be ahead. Especially in nineteen dude, you're actually in I know you think you're in a shitty position. But at nineteen, you're wealthy in time and you're saving up your money. You could you could really do some shit. Don't don't. Don't think of yourself as I mean, fucking at nineteen. You know what I mean. I think have some have some faith that you're doing a good thing.
Speaker 15: Thank you for that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I actually really need to hear that. I have a lot of like, uh, I guess haters, but it's like, you know, I want to know if it's haters, because like they are looking out for my best interest. But the way they're going about it.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to think it is the best way.
Speaker 2: Would you say your.
Speaker 14: Name was Tiky like a teaky torch.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you for sharing Tiki. And yeah, dude, keep keep keep saying. I like that, I like, I like, I like I like the gig, saving up the taco money with the hopes of investing. That's what That's what I fucking do. I like. I don't want to shut up about this. But live with your grandma, Be cool to her, take care of her, have a good relationship with her, because you know, uh, you know, keep working at Taco Bell, keep going fucking you. Watch every YouTube video about investing in ship. I swear to God it in nineteen you'll you'll, you're setting yourself up good, So don't don't forget about it, all right?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for talking in man uh. Best of luck to you, Kiki, thank you. I know that was long, but I'm passionate about those things, all.
Speaker 4: From the idea to accept press one.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, hi, can you can you? Can you turn off your stream?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 8: Wait, yes I can wait.
Speaker 2: Hi, okay, hello, turn off? Turn off? Are you on the computer right now?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 2: Nothing good happens from being on the computer. Turn off the computer.
Speaker 16: There we go.
Speaker 8: That was very confusing for a moment. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I forgive you.
Speaker 8: Excellent. How are you tonight? Therap, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, I'm all right. I'm hanging in there. I'm doing the best I can.
Speaker 8: Are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. I've I've learned, you know what, something bad has happened to me. This is a night.
Speaker 8: What happened?
Speaker 2: I've learned that it's a lot more fun to to be mean than to be nice. And I think I'm gonna sart. I think I'm gonna start getting addicted to that, and I'm gonna and I'm gonna take it too far at some point and it's going to backfire on me.
Speaker 8: It's okay, you won't hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to be mean. You haven't given me a reason to want to be mean to you.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, excellent, we'll ask me some questions.
Speaker 2: I don't reian it. I'm not trying to actually mad. It's this look, this is it's all a bit. It's I'm doing a thing here. I'm not actually none of these emotions, None of these emotions, they're all for theater.
Speaker 8: We've been new, we've been knew.
Speaker 2: Just just you know.
Speaker 8: I'll try and give you a reason to hate me.
Speaker 2: Don't do I I don't. I'm not, I'm not. I'm not looking for it. What's your name?
Speaker 8: My name is Lauren?
Speaker 2: Lauren? Have you Lauren? Are you interesting?
Speaker 8: I'm as interesting as any of these people on here.
Speaker 2: I guess, okay, well, what's what's your what? What? What would you say is your qualification in your own terms, in your own words.
Speaker 8: For being in I don't know. I sell paint for a living.
Speaker 2: You used to or you do?
Speaker 8: No, I currently sell paint for a living.
Speaker 2: Did you say you paint or you sell paint? I sell paint, okay, I like it like Sherman Williams or something.
Speaker 8: Actually, I did work at as Sherwin Williams. I don't work at a sharm Williams anymore. I currently work at the Blue Hardware Store, but I did work at a Sherwood Williams for a time.
Speaker 2: You work at the Blue Hardware store? Yeah, the blue one and the orange one. Oh, the Lowe's in the home depot.
Speaker 8: Yes, there we go.
Speaker 2: I'm not supposed I'm not supposed to say that until unless.
Speaker 17: Of they.
Speaker 5: So I don't get fired.
Speaker 2: What do you find interesting about selling paint?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's kind of an unusual career choice. I'm a young woman, so that's kind of fun. I love striking fear into the hearts of old men whenever I left five, because they think it's gonna like break me in half or something. So that's fun. I'm TikTok videos. A lot of people find that fascinating.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of you make you make TikTok videos, like I do? I know there's one. I know there's one kid who like was sponsored by Sherman William or or something like that, for like his like amazing paint. I know there's a there's a whole paint niche or something like that.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, no, there's a thing. It's it's it's called paint Talk. I participate in that sometimes.
Speaker 2: So you say you like to strike fear in the hearts of old men.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: And how how do you? How do you strike that fear?
Speaker 8: Honestly just by doing my fucking job and by knowing what I'm talking about out because they don't expect me to know that because I have a uterus.
Speaker 2: So is that is that? Is that frustrating for you? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean it can be. I mean, like, I'm not going to sit here and act like I know what I'm fucking talking about. I do kind of, but you know, not really, So yeah, I don't know. It can be frustrating, but I expect it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, you look, you don't need to know everything about paint. You just need to know more about paint than someone who doesn't know anything about paint.
Speaker 10: Yes, and most people know absolutely nothing, perfect, absolutely nothing, And it's very frustrating because they do absolutely no research whatsoever and then get very upset.
Speaker 8: Whenever I try to tell them what's going on, they.
Speaker 2: Get well, why do they get upset when you try to tell them what's going on? That's what That's what I would. I would. If I'm going to talk to the paint person, I want them to explain everything to me about pint because I don't know anything.
Speaker 8: No, they do, but some people, I don't know, they have like an ego about it. And then I go, hey, paint, maybe don't paint your bathroom with flat paint, and they're like, well why not? And they see, you know, it's it's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: See, I would ask you that question genuinely, genuinely, why not paint it with flat paint? I didn't know that was a thing.
Speaker 8: Genuinely, don't paint your bathroom flat paint. Honestly, don't use flat paint for anything but the ceiling. Really, it's not very washable. I don't know if you've ever lived, like you know, in my shitty apartment, all of the walls are flat paint, so if you need to wash them down, impossible. It's also not very moisture resistant at all. So for a bathroom, i'd recommend a satin or a semi gloss to see you.
Speaker 2: You have convinced me that you know everything about paint. You know more than you need to know about paint or I mean, it sounds like you know exactly as much as you need to know about paint.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's kind of upsetting because I'm also a twenty year old woman.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that? You have a skill, you have specialized paint knowledge, but it doesn't matter that the who are old you are or what's going on in your pants? Yeah it is.
Speaker 8: It's kind of a very niche thing to know a lot.
Speaker 2: About Well, you know enough about it to do it, and I do be doing it.
Speaker 8: I just don't all we do be doing it?
Speaker 2: Would you say your name was Lauren? Well, Lauren, look, I commend you for your paint knowledge. I wish you the best of luck moving forward, and thank you for educating. You probably actually saved someone listening to this is gonna not paint their bathroom with flat paint because of you, So you save that person's life.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad that I did.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lauren. You have a good rest to that.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Have a lovely night as well.
Speaker 2: Paul from Keith with two e's, like one in the one as the second letter and then one at the end.
Speaker 15: Uh for my name, it's Keith the K E E t H. Yeah, Well thank you for that, like a great start? Yeah like teeth? Yeah, I got a guy who calls me doctor Keeth?
Speaker 2: Well, how did you how did you expect this to how did you want this to go?
Speaker 15: Usually it starts off with somebody saying, oh, I've never seen it done like that before, but uh.
Speaker 2: I met this interaction because you were upset that I didn't like your name, and then you said, well that's you sarcastically said that's a great way for this to start off. And I'm asking with all like not as like a how did you expect this to go? Back? And then you know it's quite seriously, you know, how did.
Speaker 15: You go on a serious note? Honestly, I was still I was expecting to hear your voicemail saying that the lines were busy. I wasn't expecting to go right into this, So for that I apologize on you know, I apologize.
Speaker 2: For that Keith with twee's. You never have to apologize to me for anything ever. But that also means I don't have to apologize to you for anything ever, including making fun of your name.
Speaker 15: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Are you interested?
Speaker 15: I would like to think so, But I would also like to ask you a question, if I may.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 15: Do you think that interesting people are born out of trauma?
Speaker 2: You know? I'm not. I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I'm not interested in taking the stance of romanticizing trauma as making one into an interesting person. I don't think that anyone should feel like they have to experience trauma to become interesting.
Speaker 15: It's kind of like a six to one hand and half a dozen of any other, right, because you don't have to go through trauma to be interesting. But I feel like people who are interesting, I find a lot of the time have some sort of trauma.
Speaker 2: What makes you say that?
Speaker 15: Well, possibly because where I grew up from, not everybody tend everybody that I used to hang out with tend to have some shitty backstory, right, you know, and including myself, And this isn't a sob story in myself. Honestly. What I'm trying to get at is the reason why I think I'm interesting is because I've been able to overcome that kind of dark cloud or at least, I like to think that at this point in my life, I've taken a step out of the cloud and I've acknowledged it. I for instance, ever since I left high school, I joined a Irish pipe and drum Irish pipe and you know, drum band. I moved to the closest city where I'm at, and I found myself a job selling cheese.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 15: And I also, you know, got a degree in information science and technology, all of which was stemmed from this feeling of not feeling significant and uh, you know, not honestly knowing what I was doing with my life until my like last year of college, all of a sudden I had, you know, I had so many things going on at once that I finally like broke in a way where I that self, you know, self doubt and everything kind of how to be pushed aside, you know. And I feel like being reborn in a way through that kind of crucible of like of of trauma, finally coming to a point where you you overcome it to get what you have to get done. I think that has made me an interesting person.
Speaker 2: I'm not a real therapist, and I'm not here to do armchair therapy, but I do have a thought that I might be I'm not. I'm not trying to psychoanalyze or anything, but I mean the idea, like you've done all these things, like you know, you got your computer science degree, you turned your life around. It sounds to me, but that's you. Don't You don't have trauma to thank for that.
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 2: You trauma didn't fucking do that. You did that, you made your life interesting. You know. I think I think the fact that like again I'm not a real person, uh, but I think the fact that, like you know, you did all the you you did that fucking your past being shitty. Didn't you create your present being good? You created your present being good. I think you should you should take and I think you should take credit for it. Oh you know what I mean. Don't give your credit to the shitty things that happened to you. Give the credit to you.
Speaker 15: I would say it was more like it was more like weighted clothes. They didn't. I'm not saying that the trauma put me in the situation. And I have to agree with you. And this is like the first time in my life where I can take the credit, you know, like I finally have stepped away from this being like everybody being like, oh, you should be proud of yourself from doing that, and me not feeling like I did enough, you know, because I was always my problem growing up and you know, uh, passing high school and everything like that, it was like I didn't feel like an accomplishment, but like you know, moving to an entire new city and finishing my degree when I was flip flopping majors left and right and finally settling in on something and getting through it while working full time, going to school full time and everything like that, that was the deed that really pushed me to become who I am today. Like nothing else fucking touched it than that, and that was what made me who I am. The trauma and everything. I'm sorry you finished, Yeah, the trauma and everything. Sure, it's you know, you aren't who you are you know because of it, Like the past is the stepping stones for the steps that you take, you know, in the future. But but they don't you know, obviously they don't define you, but they define a core, putent bit of you. And it takes, you know, like I said before, going through kind of like a crucible.
Speaker 2: I still and for the fifth time, I'm not a real anything, but you know, I still I still like I I'm still iffy on the idea of like, you know, in any way like romanticizing your the you know, your your crappy past in any way, shape or form. I mean, I get, I guess, I guess I understand you, and you should be, you know, proud of yourself for having overcame what you overcome. But I don't think it's I don't know if it's good to walk around, you know, thinking that you are who you like, having, you know, being defined by the past. It doesn't sound like you are. But you know I wouldn't. I wouldn't walk around being like everything that's bad. What's happened to me made me who I am. You know, you you made you who you are. Just to reiterate, you.
Speaker 15: Know, I will have to probably take that at different perspective and in consideration, you know, would.
Speaker 2: Would you say your name was Keith for two years? Well, Keith. I'm not going to take back what I said about your name, because I still think that's a weird way to spell your name. But I appreciate you sharing what you shared with us this evening.
Speaker 15: Thank you man, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: You have a good rest of the good.
Speaker 15: One as well.
Speaker 4: All from Kayla Martin.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, what's what do you say? Your name was?
Speaker 17: Kayla Martin, Cayla?
Speaker 2: What year were you born?
Speaker 6: Nineteen ninety four?
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety four. That was a great year.
Speaker 6: It was a good year.
Speaker 2: I think. So you didn't say thank you.
Speaker 6: Thank well, thanks, I wasn't expecting you to pick up.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, why.
Speaker 6: Why did I call? I don't know, just to have somebody to listen.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Somebody to listen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hm, I don't. I feel like I share with people very easy. But I think I called because, like I don't know you, so it makes it a little easier.
Speaker 2: Maybe what Well, you know, what is it that you wanted to share? If anything? In particular, I'm.
Speaker 6: Having a hard time with a few things. I was on your TikTok live and I said I was raised in a cult.
Speaker 2: That raised in a cult. Well, I have to tell you two things. First of all, I'm not a real therapist. I forget what the second thing is. But okay, what are you having a hard time with.
Speaker 6: So recently? I mean like it's been seven years since I left, so the triggers from that have kind of subsided. But I read a book recently that kind of opened my eyes to how dysfunctional my family was just in general. Like I kind of always blamed the call for how crappy they were, but it wasn't just that, Like they were just dysfunctional on their own.
Speaker 2: How long have you been out of the cult?
Speaker 3: I left in.
Speaker 6: Twenty fourteen, so about seven years, and I think.
Speaker 2: August and what are you What are you doing now?
Speaker 6: Now? I'm not doing anything any work because of COVID. I wasn't a sash therapist. But I'm a housewife right now and I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: Actually a housewife. Do you do you have kids too?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, just a housewife to my husband, What do you like about being a housewife?
Speaker 6: I like taking care of people because that's what I did a lot as a kid, I think, so it kind of transferred. So I like like getting the house clean and making him dinner. He works really hard and I'm really proud of him. He's a manager at a car wash.
Speaker 2: How did you to meet.
Speaker 6: Through friends? They were in the religion too, but they weren't like super strong in it, and so they had a quote worldly friends, and he was one of those like worldly boys, and I wasn't supposed to talk to him, but I couldn't help myself.
Speaker 2: So okay, so they so so this cult, they referred to people outside of the cult as worldly.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Interesting, so you weren't started talking You started talking to this person while you weren't allowed to.
Speaker 7: Yes, And what was that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: How did you we were talking to him online? Were you doing the secret little Romeo and Juliet Balcony meetups?
Speaker 6: No, because they were friends of mine and he was because I was friends with the daughter and he was friends with the son. So we would just like be at the house at the same time and for a long time.
Speaker 9: And we were just like friends.
Speaker 6: We would just hang out a lot. And then like it started to develop a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Hm, were did you did you have a hard time hiding this from people who would be upset if you found out.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was hard because we're not supposed to have sex before marriage in the religion. So when I wanted to go on birth control, I had to kind of come up with an excuse with my mom of like, oh, my cycles just like really irregular, So I need to go see a doctor and talk about it. And then obviously, once I was with a doctor by myself, I was just like, hey, let me get back. So yeah, there was definitely times I had to be sneaky, but obviously I got caught.
Speaker 2: Eventually you got caught, Yeah, yes, what happened? What was the aftermath of getting caught?
Speaker 6: I they have they call them judicial committees where you meet with the elders of the congregation, and I kind of lied at the first one and was like, oh, yeah, we're not talking. And those judicial committee meetings are like really they take it too far because they're like, oh, I don't know what I'm allowed to say, so like any words are off, like like like right now on here?
Speaker 15: Yeah, like.
Speaker 6: Okay, well they would ask two they would get like too personal. They would be like, oh did you orgasm? Like how many times did you orgasm? Like how often would you have sex? And like just they they got really into it. So I lied and they believed me, and then I got caught a second time, had another like judicial committee meeting, and that one I decided I was gonna leave and I was moving. I moved in with him and not married to him, so it all turned out for the better.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you must be relieved that you don't have to fucking do you know, tell a creepy old guy how many orgasms you had?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's that's a big release, And it was it was really hard because once I because I left for him, and I knew when I left that I would lose like all my childhood friends. And because I got to Fellowship, so I was shunned by everybody. So nobody's allowed to talk to me or anything. And I knew that, and that was fine, but it was strange to slowly come to the realization that the religion I was born and raised and believed in like so deeply.
Speaker 7: Is just so wrong.
Speaker 2: Do you know, anyone who won't be friends with you because the sky tells them not to is probably not even someone that you would really benefit from being friends with.
Speaker 6: Ryan, Yeah, no, yeah, you come to that realization too, that like those people were never really your friends.
Speaker 2: Well what'd you say?
Speaker 7: Your name was, Kayla?
Speaker 2: Well, Kayla, thank you for sharing that with us. I'm glad that everything turned out pretty well for you.
Speaker 6: Thanks, thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Of course, you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 6: You too, Ye.
Speaker 4: All, from Vivian.
Speaker 2: Vivian, Vivian, are you there?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Yeah there? Have you ever played a game called Paper Mario in the thousand Year Door?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 16: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: No, Vivian, How old are you?
Speaker 16: I'm twenty one. I'm going to be twenty one two days.
Speaker 2: Oh, happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: There's i'll I want, there's there's a fuck all right, there's a character in that video game that has the name Vivian, and I thought of it. What are you excited to turn twenty one?
Speaker 16: Half and half? I mean, it's kind of it's kind of melodramatic in a sense because everyone always makes it up to be this big deal, you know, and anytime that people want to try to celebrate my birthday, you know, before I've turned twenty one, obviously, everyone always tries to go out to a bar or whatever, knowing fully well that I can't drink. So it's it's, you know, it's it's difficult to keep friends in a sense because of that, you know what I mean, and social media as well as like Facebook and Snapchat mentioning that it's the person's birthday, So it's like hard to weed out.
Speaker 2: Who, you know what I mean, do you feel are you Are you a birthday person? Do you like your birth right? Because because there's I think there's a spectrum of like some people are like, it's my goddamn birth week. We're doing We're going all out, we're doing this, we're doing that. Then some people, I mean, they're almost antie their own birthday. They don't want anything, they don't want the singing, don't talk to me, don't write on my Facebook wall. Where do you fall on that? On that spectrum?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 16: I personally it's it's it's I've grown to not really celebrate it because you know, people always make it out to be a big deal, and I feel it's a little bit too egotistical for my liking.
Speaker 2: Oh, on one, can you guys hear Vivian? I'm so sorry. I'm always nervous if people.
Speaker 16: Can't hear the all right, If you want me to come closer to the mic, I definitely can.
Speaker 2: Oh if you could, that would be hello? Hi? Did you know VIVI? And I have a question for you?
Speaker 16: Sure still.
Speaker 15: Why why why?
Speaker 16: Because it's given me enough grief in my lifetime, and I say, why not wig while you still have the opportunity and free will to why not rather? I know that kind of almost bounces back on previous you know, conversations had in this stream tonight.
Speaker 2: But you know, what is your why not?
Speaker 15: What is that?
Speaker 2: What is your thing that you're going to do? Because why not.
Speaker 16: Pursue this career that I wanted to, you know, acting and business and a bunch of different things. I'm having difficulty deciding a lot of things right now and pinpointing that as well as like my birthday very soon. It's it's hard to be able to go out with you know, pandemic and everything that's going on right now. You know Panorama.
Speaker 2: All right, so you well hold on real hold, we'll stop real quick.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: You said a career, yes is it? And you then you you said you said a career, and then you named like ten things?
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 2: Is it a particular thing that you're going after?
Speaker 16: Acting? But then I also wanted to have a backup. I'm currently pursuing my my bachelor's in business, you know, for marketing, and then I'm also looking at ux design, which is it designs the interface for apps and websites for different companies and whatnot. So i'd like to say I'm well rounded. I was always brought up to be well rounded and well spoken, so.
Speaker 3: You know, just.
Speaker 16: Trying to, you know, find where I belong right now.
Speaker 9: It's difficult, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Uh I talk. I talk about this constantly because it's been such a fucking game changer for me. Vivian. Do you use TikTok?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do. Do you make tiktoks?
Speaker 3: I used to.
Speaker 16: They're kind of funny, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just because if you're trying to get into that, like that's if I if I wanted to go be an actor, that's a number one thing I would do is just make a bunch of tiktoks. I feel like that's how like everyone's getting like famous now is through TikTok, And like, you know, there's so much, there's so much you can do on there with that endvo business too, you know. Oh yeah, what's your what's your dream role, Vivian.
Speaker 16: I'd probably say Alphaba from Wicked on Broadway hopefully, I don't know. It also depends on what type of acting career I want. Whether I was told that I have to be defined as either a theater or a film aster. So it's really difficult to pick and choose. But I have been told by others from my alma mater that I shouldn't be defined by that decision.
Speaker 2: If you have to, if you have to choose, to go with a film actor, because it's way easier because you do it once and then it's for it because you know, look right, Because for a theater actor, every time you want someone to see it, you have to do it. Yeah yeah, But the film you do it once and then you show so, hey, I did it, I did it, and you can show it to them. The theater you have to fucking do it every time someone watches it.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, listen, I completely understand. Like I've been doing theater since I can't. I came out of the room tap dancing, so it's I don't know, it's just I'm used to doing all this live, so film would be a harder, you know, way to adapt, you know, just trying to get around that.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing with this, Vivian. I'm I hope you have a good Vivian by the way, good act good good actress name.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's not my actual name, but yeah, well now you have a you've got a good stage name for yourself. Well, thank you for sharing, Vivian. I'll talk to you soon, of.
Speaker 16: Course, definitely. It was great to talk to you too.
Speaker 4: All right, have a good one, you two.
Speaker 2: Good night.
Speaker 1: All from Lyle, Lyle.
Speaker 7: Hello, how are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Is that your real name? It actually is?
Speaker 12: And I wanted to ask you really quick if you were named after a family member like I was, because it's like an older it was a popular name in like the forties and shit.
Speaker 2: I think I was named after my like great aunt Libby or something. I don't know how they got to Libby from Lyle, but I mean, I don't know how they got to Lyle from Libby, but that's what happened. And now I'm and now I'm talking to you.
Speaker 6: It is so cool.
Speaker 4: I'm so.
Speaker 12: I'm glad I finally got through, good to talk to thank.
Speaker 2: I mean it might not be it might not go well, we don't know yet. You might hang out, you might leave this feeling disappointed. I don't think If I don't, I hope you don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 12: That's not my goal henceforth.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, all right, if you have no expectations, well you said, this is cool. Yeah, that's it. That's an expectation.
Speaker 7: Well, but I'm okay, that's no, okay, actually.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's more of an observation because you're not it's not an anti. You didn't say you're you're observing. You feel already this is cool.
Speaker 12: Because I'm trying to you, like I haven't tried that many times.
Speaker 15: I will.
Speaker 12: I already told you. I just met my girl. I don't know, so what I went in general? Okay, happiness. I think most people want happiness. But then that's like a loaded answer.
Speaker 2: Right, how do you define happiness?
Speaker 12: I don't know. It's like, well, it's like a I guess what I mean by happiness is like a satisfaction with with life and a sense of place and.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Uh, fulfillment.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Lyle twenty five?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: What what's given you fulfillment in the past?
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 12: Completing like projects and like setting goals and then you'd like actually succeeding in the goal. That's always pretty satisfying.
Speaker 2: Definitely. What kind of projects have you completed?
Speaker 12: Oh god, I don't know. Moved across the country. I had like that goal for a while, and then moved to another city on this new side of the country that I'm on, and h things seem to be going well. I was getting a little impatient with it when I first moved to this most recent city, because I, like, you know, it's just there's a lot of stuff that always comes with that, but a lot of hard changes, not knowing many people. But you know, I'm starting to adjust and adapt, and I think adapting feels really good.
Speaker 2: It's a good Definitely, there is a deep sense of accomplishment and being able to move to a brand new place and just be like without knowing anyone or with only knowing a few people, and just you know, being able to just out of fucking nowhere forward your own life. What have you what have you done to adapt? Especially? I don't know if this was reason, but that's I I have no idea how I would do that in a coronavirus world.
Speaker 7: Got so like I moved.
Speaker 12: My initial like big move from Missouri to Washington State was before COVID.
Speaker 6: That was like.
Speaker 12: January or June, like twenty nineteen, so that was a little bit before. That was about the year before old stuff. And then the most recent move was in COVID and it was definitely a lot harder to find a job. So, yeah, working in the kitchen now, I was doing tree work before that.
Speaker 2: What is tree the work where.
Speaker 12: You like climb like climbing them, Yeah, climbing them to work on them, take out.
Speaker 2: As you can get paid to climb trees.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well yeah, that's it. Sounds like there is like research stuff where you do like mostly just climbing and like do like sampling of like a dick, like drilling cores. But what I was doing was removing dead trees and shit. So you like climb with a chainsaw, and like.
Speaker 2: How is your upper body strength? You climb trees with a chainsaw? Yeah, that sounds very difficult. It was.
Speaker 12: It was fucking dangerous. I don't do it anymore. I'm like kind of glad I'm not doing it anymore, but I might get back doing.
Speaker 2: It anymore too. I don't want you to get hurt. You sound like a nice guy. I don't want you to chop your fucking face off with a chainsaw.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: It can happen, well, Lyle, I said, we do we have the same name.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's pretty cool, right, do you don't know.
Speaker 2: Any other Liles. You don't know that many other Liles, do you?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't think I've ever met another Lile in person.
Speaker 10: Either.
Speaker 12: This is the closest I've gotten to meeting another Lile. Like most of the connection, we.
Speaker 2: Got to do something, we got to put together, like a group or something. I don't know how we can fie on. It could be the Lis.
Speaker 13: That would be cool.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll text you Reddit cool, I'll I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 12: Hey, look at you man.
Speaker 2: You have a good night, you too, Oh, Lyle forever baby, I said, the name of the thing.
Speaker 15: All from Lyle the Wildcat Cat.
Speaker 2: Lyell the what.
Speaker 12: Lile the wildcat?
Speaker 2: Say this again? Turn your stream off? Lyle the Wildcat, Liele the Wildcat.
Speaker 15: Yeah, what Lile the wildcat?
Speaker 2: What makes you a wildcat? Lyle?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things.
Speaker 15: I'm a little wild.
Speaker 2: I don't like a cat, Lyle the wildcat. You you know, for a wild cat, you have a very soft voice, and I can't hear you very well.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry you're on that speaker phone on my phone.
Speaker 2: I take off a speakerphone. This is a private conversation between you and me. That no one else is allowed to listen to.
Speaker 3: This is terrific.
Speaker 16: When I found out your name was Lyle, I was like, hey, I got the same name.
Speaker 2: There's there's no there's no way you also have the same name Lyle as the other guy.
Speaker 1: What how do you slaw your name?
Speaker 15: Lyle? How do I your name?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 15: Everybody knows how to spell Lyle?
Speaker 2: Can anyone else hear this man and understand words that is coming out of his mouth?
Speaker 12: No one understands what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 2: Why? All right, Lyle? Uh, you're having a we're having a bit of technical issues here. And I also, I don't know, I don't I don't really understand your vie vibes.
Speaker 6: No way, man, I've been calling you so many times.
Speaker 2: All right now I can hear you, you know what? You know what I think what happened was you were doing a weird thing and I couldn't hear you. And now that I see, so I'm going to hang up on you. You're you're d You're talking like a normal person.
Speaker 12: Oh man, Lyle, come on, dude.
Speaker 2: Right now, I can hear.
Speaker 13: No, you can hear me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep doing that, Keep talking like a normal person.
Speaker 12: Was I talking like an alien person?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't know what this is, my man, it's a Lyle conversation.
Speaker 2: What do you want, Lyle the Wildcat.
Speaker 8: That's a good question.
Speaker 17: I guess I just want to calm down and I'll be so wild.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's pretty much.
Speaker 2: We'll take a breath.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, taking the deep breath.
Speaker 2: You don't have to tell me, just do it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: How do you feel you were too busy just telling me that you were going to do it and then laughing when I said, not tell me to do it. You didn't even do it. I did it, of course, said how do you feel?
Speaker 6: It feels good you did.
Speaker 12: Just now, I've been trying to reach out for you for a long time. I like I like your streaming.
Speaker 2: Thank you pretty appreciate that. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Now you asked how I spell my name, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Maybe I did all.
Speaker 3: I was just kind of circling.
Speaker 8: Back to that.
Speaker 2: But no, it's no, I was wrong.
Speaker 6: Just now.
Speaker 12: I apologize, no words, no words, but I'll let you leave the conversation.
Speaker 7: This is your show, so go ahead, man, tell me what's up.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling Lyle, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: You're worries all from I think Michael bullshit.
Speaker 2: Michael bullshit, Michael bullshit, Michael bullshit, Michael bullshit. Oh hello, can you turn off your stream for me? Please?
Speaker 7: I got you done?
Speaker 2: How are you doing, Michael Bullshit?
Speaker 7: Depends on the day today, I'm okay?
Speaker 2: How were you on Wednesday?
Speaker 7: On Wednesday was a very particular shitty day because I had a ice cap. It's a coffee drink from a Canadian company called Timmis, and for thirty minutes I was looking forward to drinking it in the morning, and I was getting pulled side by by different staff at the hospital and I couldn't drink it. And then when I finally got to the boardroom to go and drink it, I dropped it and spilt everywhere.
Speaker 2: So what is an ice cap composed of?
Speaker 7: It's essentially a slushy coffee.
Speaker 2: A slushy coffee like a frappucino.
Speaker 7: Kind of. But if ice cap because it's Canadian?
Speaker 2: Do you live in Canada? I do? Oh, what's it like there? What's the hospital like?
Speaker 7: Well, I go all over the province. I work at every hospital, but they're pretty quiet. During this time of the year, not too many people are there, and Canada is not too bad. I would just say that people have a misconception about its being nice, and I would argue that we are not nice. We are assholes, but we are polite assholes.
Speaker 2: How do you what? Is it just an asshole and a polite asshole? How can someone be polite about being an asshole?
Speaker 7: Let me think about that for a moment, because I do have an answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll wait, I'm not busy, all.
Speaker 7: Right, fair enough. I would say that an asshole has a disregard for their feelings, but a polite asshole at least feels bad after say sorry.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I was about to say the regretful assholes. But there's a difference between feeling bad about what you did and regretting.
Speaker 1: What you did.
Speaker 7: That's a good point. Perhaps the two can go hand in hand. I mean sometimes I feel well, no.
Speaker 2: Because if I let's say that I'm an asshole to you, right, and I feel bad that I did it, but I had to do it. I don't regret it. I would do it again, but I feel bad doing it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's fair, I deserved it. But because you felt bad. You're a polite asshole. You're not just an asshole.
Speaker 2: I would say, I don't know if that's true. I don't know if that's true. That's a little bit of a cop out to me. Just because I feel bad about doing something doesn't mean it doesn't lessen the impact of what I did.
Speaker 7: Did I deserve it? Was I being an asshole to you? First? Did you have to be an assle?
Speaker 5: Back to me?
Speaker 2: When's the last time you were an asshole?
Speaker 7: That's a good question. I don't have a specific example, but I don't remember off the top of my head. But I'm a pretty nice guy, and.
Speaker 2: To anadi, to be honest, I guess yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm nice to a fault times. I'm like a doormat and I let people walk all over interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel like you do you secretly wish you were more of an asshole? Michael bullshit?
Speaker 7: I do, yes, m M.
Speaker 2: Can you I know you were okay? So you were you had trouble coming up with a story or or an anecdote, or or or thinking about the last time in which you were an asshole? But could you think of the last time in which you were walked over for being too nice.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Uh, tell me weeks ago before I left my wife twelve months actually, But I'm more free now.
Speaker 2: You said, a few weeks ago when you left your wife, Well, a few weeks ago.
Speaker 7: I officially stopped talking. But a few months ago, don't we separated?
Speaker 2: Oh well you mean left? You mean like left?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Was she walking over you?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: What was she doing? Uh?
Speaker 7: She didn't like when I got confident and I was doing something with my life and she didn't, so she kind of put me down. But as time went on, I realized that, you know, it's not me who's the problem. What she's saying and doing was really just a projection of her own reality and her own dream. And so when I realized that, it made me feel immune to the opinion of her and the actions of her. And I'm not the victim of needless suffering anymore.
Speaker 6: So I like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so yeah. You know, look, a lot of people, they fucking try to tell you how to live your life, how to do your thing, but it's projection of whatever they think of, you know, their life and their thing.
Speaker 7: Well exactly and honestly, in the society today, I feel like people make ansumptions too quickly, and they don't have the courage to ask questions and express what they really want anymore. And we should we should communicate clearly to not just avoid misunderstandings, but sadness and drama and and and once people realize that, I feel like they can transform their life because you're.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry your wife?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: What was like? Can I get? Can I get any kind of like concrete example, like like, do you have an example of like something you did that she didn't like?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let me think about that. Uh, there were both legitimate things and non legitimate things. So a legitimate thing would be me, not like putting down the toilet seat.
Speaker 3: The rest.
Speaker 7: Honestly, it wasn't things I did. It was again her, it was it was her own insecurities, and she'd project what she thought was the truth, Like if if I came, you know, ten minutes late from work, I must have been up to something bad. So I didn't really do anything. It was just more of walking on eggshells and not leaving when what I did was not leave sooner. That's what I did.
Speaker 2: She was she was insecure about you, you know, coming home late and stuff.
Speaker 7: I guess and and so I stopped coming home late. I really do care about how people feel, and so I don't want her to feel that way. And so I transformed my whole life around making her happy, and I lost who I was and I found myself being apologetic to people and you know, over explaining myself and not having that confidence anymore.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 7: I just didn't like who I was becoming.
Speaker 2: Mhmm, Yeah, I like that. You know. Look, that's a good uh, that's a good lesson to learn, you know, not to fucking live your life for other people, even if they're you know well. I mean, look, if there's someone that's close to you, it's like you shouldn't. They shouldn't. They shouldn't expect you to live your life for them. They should like you for the life that you live for yourself.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fuck with that. I think that's great, man. I'm glad to hear that. You're, you know, uh, living by the cut of your own sword these days. Mean be mean to more people. Don't feel bad about it. It's it's kind of it's fun. Yeah, you mean to everyone.
Speaker 7: Confidence helps with that. And I just want to say something to the people in the chat. You guys, don't expect your life like some people in the chat seem to think my life suddenly figured out, But it isn't. You're not going to change overnight and feel happy. Your changes are small increments, and stop trying to cut cold turkey your old life and start something fresh and new. Don't change anything about it.
Speaker 5: Keep doing whatever you're doing, and just add.
Speaker 7: Something small to it that you can maintain. Poleeks on ends, add something of value and start there.
Speaker 2: Someone else, someone else in the chat, wants you to uh sort of bring you back to earth. They want you to know to put the fucking seat down next time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I started to do that, and I now put on a tiel before I exit the shower. I'm learning how to be a big boy, good good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to hear that you you know, haven't gotten to uh you know, into yourself. You got a home to yourself. Sometimes I'm trying. Well. Thank you, Thank you for sharing that, man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 15: I love.
Speaker 2: I love I love the story, I love the the the vibes. No, that was stupid. I don't know why I said that. That was a stupid thing to say. But I love the resilience, not fucking living your life for other people. It's a good it's a good message.
Speaker 7: Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: What their name was, Michael Bullshit? No, no, don't tell me, don't tell me. Whichever the real life is. I know it's not bullshit, but it's funnier to think it's bullshit. Thank you, Michael bullshe I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too.
Speaker 4: All from Drew.
Speaker 2: Drew.
Speaker 13: Oh hey, uh uh, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: To care? What what? Dodw I have a question for you? Okay, why?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's all about the little things, the little things that provide joy.
Speaker 2: Get tell me about these little things that provide you joy? Drew.
Speaker 13: Well, I've been uh, I've been refurbishing old video game consoles the past few weeks. It's been kind of fun.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 3: That's that.
Speaker 2: That's a cute little side hustle you got there. That's a good one.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: What what what? What?
Speaker 2: What makes the most money? What's what? What is the highest margins?
Speaker 13: Oh dude, I haven't even been selling them like I just had. I've just found a big good will and I'm like it was a anys a good will and then a PS two and I was like, I'm just gonna take.
Speaker 2: This, So do you know how to like you know how to like rip shit apart and do the the science ship and make it into a real thing, not vaguely enough to do enough that it did the thing turns on.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Like, uh the I'm just kind of this PS two working today. They just need to be cleaned out. It was like stupid dusty in there, and uh it works, it works right now. There was even a disc inside it when I bought it, and I was like, that was what was the disc? Let me check?
Speaker 2: All right, We'll wait.
Speaker 1: Uh oh I didn't like that.
Speaker 2: Wait a little.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 13: It's a battle racing ignited, Burnout revengeance.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds horrible.
Speaker 13: Yeah, racing game.
Speaker 3: I know that much.
Speaker 13: I'm a working controllers, so I can't replay.
Speaker 3: It, but I have it.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I'm glad that this is something you're enthusiastic about. Uh but look at you know. I know you're a holder, but at some point you got to sell. You got to sell these game consoles. You got to make a little bit of cash. Because it sounds like, sounds like you've got some good skills going on here. I like, I like it as a hustle, but but I'm over. I'm trying to ruin you. Why why you know what? No, don't take my advice. Don't monetize this hobby. Enjoy it because you're gonna be dead. Enjoy the process of doing this. Don't listen to me. Don't never sell your ne s. It's gonna be It's all you. It's worth the little happiness jeez that you get when you when you do it. Would you say your name was Drew? Well, thank you for calling Indre. I hope you have a uh, you know, as good of a rest of the evening as you possibly can.
Speaker 1: You too, good night.
Speaker 2: It happened now. But yeah, and there's all sorts of like general bullshit of like you know, follow well, wow, know what are your interests?
Speaker 17: I mean, I like marketing too, I like to be creative. I was kind of a low point, like back, I like to drink, but now I just I don't drink anymore because it gets me nowhere and kind of in trouble. So I kind of had to find new interests and go back to what they were before. So I guess I'm still discovering that about myself now, getting in touch with what I liked before, you know, the party years and I like hiking nature stuff like that. But yeah, just trying to find something that works. But I guess that's why I called you, Like you're saying thirty four is not too old. Like you know, I'm a single guy. You know, I moved back home like with my family, so I'm kind of feeling like the stigma there. I don't know if that's like the right move. I am saving money. I heard a previous call, you know, you were talking that kid was nine team who was working at tackle Bell like that. That was a good move, you know when you're young. But in my like tool to be doing that shit, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, is there a huge difference between do you do you consider there'll be a giant difference between thirty four and thirty six? No? All right, Well, if you saved money for two years, how if you didn't spend it. If you lived at home with your parents and then save a dime and you didn't spend a dime, you know, you'd probably save up a uh, you would probably say yes to the question of is there a big difference between the amount of money you would have now and the amount of money you would have then, right, you know, But I don't know. I don't have concrete advice because like, definitely, you know, it's never been easier before, because I mean, there's all these tools on the internet to He'll be markt with shit TikTok is incredible and changes people's lives overnight. But I don't know. Man. My whole thing is that I would just pursue whatever is most pressingly interesting to you right now and just give it a shot. Not in the sense of like I have to choose one thing forever, but you know, I would just try whatever is currently the most interesting to you and see.
Speaker 17: If it works. And I apologize if you've talked about this before, but I'm just really curious about your background and like how you got started? Was was therapy?
Speaker 15: Gecko?
Speaker 17: Was that a lightning idea?
Speaker 15: Did you plan this out?
Speaker 3: Was just like a dream?
Speaker 2: Like how did that?
Speaker 17: How did this all start?
Speaker 2: I don't have an incredible story. I mean it would take like it's really it was kind of the intersection of like fifty different things, but I I it was a lot of it was really our PAN. I don't know if you know what our PAN is. I'm out there right now, but ARPAN. It's called the Reddit Public Access Network. I saw I start. I started the therapy get Goo just on Reddit, like eight months ago, just because I thought Reddit was Reddit. Streaming was was interesting, and I had a Gecko costume for an unrelated reason, and I started streaming on there, and and I kept doing it, and now I'm here. And I also agree with the sentiment of I did. I did not think I would get this far. So I'm just keeping it moving, keeping it rolling.
Speaker 7: You're doing a great job.
Speaker 17: I mean, I appreciate you sharing that you're sharing the story, and that's how I found you on TikTok. It was literally you know, I scrolled TikTok a lot these days, and you're the most creative thing I stumbled across. And I'm just it's really awesome we're talking with you right now, and to be part of your show.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that. I know you're lying because you've seen all the people doing that. I'm on a sugar crush. I got a pocket cash thing song, so I'm not as bad as those people.
Speaker 13: But it's different.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 17: It's creative and it's uh, it's cool just events, you know, just to chat. And I think a lot of people are missing that connection right now and uh, you know, just want to talk. So it's it's a great platform to do that. So I mean, you're making me feel better. I'm not too old, you know. And I think of it as like, I guess you know, I don't want to be all negative. You're the silver lining is I got freedom. You know, there's a lot of opportunity to I don't feel trapped into doing any one thing or you know, not having like a family, or being stuck in a situation.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be in it.
Speaker 17: I definitely don't feel stuck. So I'm happy about that.
Speaker 2: Good. Well, thank thank you for calling in man. I appreciate all the kind words, and I hope you have a good rest of the evening.
Speaker 17: Thanks Gak you too, love your show.
Speaker 2: Thank you Mann, you have a good night.
Speaker 7: Take care.
Speaker 12: Never again goes on the line thanking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: Never again goes to and teaching you out