Speaker 1: Hey, we're Armstrong and Getty. We're featuring our podcast one more thing. Find it wherever you find all your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I was fascinated by that python farm story the other day. I actually dug into that, did a little reading, you know, because pythons are big and giant and meaty, and they're like super efficient with the way they turn calories into muscle mass, and they taste like chicken.
Speaker 1: I got a question about that, but when I get to the cannibalism, I'll I'll hit you.
Speaker 3: With it, all right, all right, fair enough.
Speaker 2: So after the show, before we started recording this, Hanson replayed a clip of me saying something rather dry about Jack, and Jack commented, that's a very I'm just Diane thing to say, and I was reminded of a longtime listener to the show and hilarious tweeter I'm just Diane, and I went digging into our twitter feed. She doesn't tweet as much as she used to, I think, which is a shame for humanity.
Speaker 1: But she's had grown up with a job now and it's not easy. Should follow her, Katie, if you've never checked out I'm just Diana.
Speaker 4: I am on her shoes now.
Speaker 3: She is a.
Speaker 1: Listener we became aware of a long time ago. And she's very funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Her pinned tweet is I'd rather go home than go big, which I agree with. How perfect is that? And then somebody tweeted the the Nancy Pelosi this is not an attempt to ban TikTok, it's an attempt to make TikTok better. Tic tac toe a winner, a winner. Her comment has simply nailed it. Oh boy, man, I love understatement. I think that's hilarious. Oh looking forward to the day my new phone stops autocorrecting, vaping to raping.
Speaker 3: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Her best stuff is how much she hates her job and her coworkers. But that's a different topic. So New Scientist is a real science outfit, and they're trying to take another look at cannibalism, and they mention these bones that were found in a cave in southwest England which beared all the marks of cannibalism. It's pretty clear that cannibalism was going on their teeth, marks on the bones and the way. I won't get into details. It's pretty gross. But and this was fourteen, seven hundred years ago that they were practicing cannibalism there in England's Protein Baby. That's what I say today, they write in New Scientists Today, cannibalism is a taboo subject in many societies. We see it as aberrant, as a clear in film such as the Texas Chainsaw massacre. We associate it with zombies, psychopaths, and serial killers like cannibal lecter. Positive stories about cannibals are few and far between. I would agree with you there, I haven't heard one of those.
Speaker 5: Wait, what a child's book about cannibalism?
Speaker 1: Or Jimmy is a good guy, liked to golf, he treated his family well, and he was a cannibalabe.
Speaker 3: He'll be missed.
Speaker 1: But perhaps it's time for a rethink, because despite our preconceptions, evidence is accumulating that cannibalism was a common human behavior. Our ancestors have been eating each other for a million years or more. In fact, so was torture for years, in the years, for centuries. But that doesn't mean we should reconsider it. What a bizarre story this is. In fact, it seems that down the ages, around a fifth of societies have practiced cannibalism. While some of these people, while some of this people eating may have been simply to survive. In many cases, the reasons look more complex. In places like this cave in southern England, for example, consuming bodies of the dead seems to have been part of a funerary ritual, something they did when people died. Far from a monstrous affront to nature, cannibalism may have been a way of showing respect and love for the dead, say archaeologist.
Speaker 3: No, uh, yeah, no, no.
Speaker 5: Whoever wrote this needs to be investigated. He's like trying to sell this.
Speaker 1: I don't right, He's trying to soften a revelation that may occur someday about the barrels in.
Speaker 2: His exactly exactly, he's trying to set the table cannibalism.
Speaker 3: We need to reconsider it.
Speaker 5: I just watched a horrible horror movie about cannibalism where these guys invite a bunch of people over to their house for a dinner party, and they're serving them the victims, but they don't know it.
Speaker 1: Will Jim never watch episodes of Hannibal, the prequel to Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: When he would when he would sit down at the table in his suit, with his fine wine, and his beautiful home and start slicing off pieces of the river that he cooked up.
Speaker 3: God, that is gross. Dinner tables.
Speaker 1: Do you think because like you, you're so you're talking the other day about the snakes and how that might become a meat of the future, And I said, you because the idea of eating a snake disgusts me. There's something about eating a reptile that I find. And I've had snake, I've had alligator. There multiple, I've had it, but I don't want.
Speaker 6: To Alligator was great, let's just fried me to say, that's all right, But could could.
Speaker 3: You eat human? No? No, that's repugnant, repulsive? Why, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's an instinctive horror, I think now the concept of it being a funerary ritual. Does anybody have anything else they'd like to say about jim Okay, well, then we're passing out knives and forks if we could all make our way to the casket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got one more thing to say about Jimmy. Looks delicious. Now that's some marbling. I mean, I know, I know he didn't exercise much, but that is some delicious looking marbling.
Speaker 5: He's creating a nice rub for it side size.
Speaker 2: If you heard me, I think, did I tell this on the air? I can't remember. My favorite joke now, which also takes place at a funeral. If you've heard this before, forgive me, but it's short.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's a funeral and uh, and people are talking about the dearly departed, and the widow stands up and says, is there anybody else who'd like to say a word? The guy stands up, He said I would, and he says plethora.
Speaker 3: Then he sits down, and the widow says, thank you, Jim. That means a lot to me. Yes, that is a good one I have.
Speaker 5: Actually, you've told that before, and I wrote it down to tell it to somebody else and then I never did, so thank you for reminding me.
Speaker 3: I pass it on. Now you got it again.
Speaker 2: Yes, the beauty of that joke is you think the punch your line is that he just says one worker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a twist, and twist, my love. It caught the twist, well done, good.
Speaker 3: Good twist. That's funny.
Speaker 1: So back to cannibalism. I'm guessing that we're designed to be disgusted by it only because most of human history people have been starving, and if you weren't disgusted by it, I mean, if you if you thought of eating another human the same way you thought of eating a cow, we would.
Speaker 3: Have all eaten each other.
Speaker 1: I mean, just the strongest would have survived and eaten each other, and the societies that didn't find it up hurt and died out.
Speaker 3: Pretty quickly because of that.
Speaker 1: That'd be my evolutionary guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and doesn't.
Speaker 2: Like an epidemiological reason why it's a bad idea, because obviously humans can catch human diseases, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I suppose that's possible.
Speaker 1: But you know, we've mostly been starving throughout history if you weren't disgusted by it, and like, the only the only way you could possibly do it is if you're you know, the Donner Party, and you're all starving to death, and many of them didn't participate, they went ahead and starved before they did it. If it was okay with you, Yeah, people would have turned to that right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I suppose hat Jim. We all hate Jim.
Speaker 2: Let's eat him, I tell you. I tell you what though, It's it's all about the method of preparation, because like I'm not going to have human sushi or anything like that.
Speaker 3: That's too much.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm a medium rare guy, but I'm going well done on Jim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm like, maybe he smoked all day, like a long maybe jerky even. I want it really click.
Speaker 4: Could it be like a company.
Speaker 5: Could it be like a sandwich or maybe like a wrap or something, so it's not just that, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't want it like tender and falling off the femur. I just say, oh, you like a turkey leg you know, you see it the fair.
Speaker 3: I'd have to because I'm diabetic.
Speaker 2: That's right, You're at the fair and you're eating a human legs, got the footstill, see, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: That's my point.
Speaker 1: So we'll see if this catches on and if New Scientific is successful in their effort to I don't know, mainstream cannibalism.
Speaker 5: I guess you know what the world we're in right now, it wouldn't shock me.
Speaker 3: Right right you it's a sick enough.
Speaker 2: This is the Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast One More Thing, Get it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 1: I've been familiar with next door for a long time, but I'd never had the notifications on where I would get where I would get the regular everything everybody posts. Good God, is that a smorgus board of unimportant thing?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 2: Question?
Speaker 1: It is the forum of first world problems? Well, it's it's a combination of like first world problems that you really don't need to mention out loud to anyone, and uh, and like big problems that there are much better venues for finding the answer, like my you know, my dad has got this disease. My dad's got Parkinson. He happened to be president. Does anybody recommend a good doctor?
Speaker 4: You going on next door for that? Is that your best.
Speaker 1: Place to try to figure out these things?
Speaker 3: It just seems odd to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess nobody ever responds, So I don't know why everybody's fishing in this pond. I could see asking for a recommendation of like a service provider or something like that. I wouldn't ask what medicine do you think he ought to take or anything like that. Or you know, a football is in my backyards, they may know it belonged to That was one this morning.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, I saw one the other day that somebody took a picture off of a ring camera of a kid that doorbell ditched them, and they posted the video on next door, going, whose kid is this right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Lots of those, lots of those, lots of did anybody just hear that noise? Well, that happens like ten times a day? And then various responses. I did too. I thought it sounded like a gun. It didn't sound like a gun. It sounded like more okay, whatever. But here's my favorite one from today that got me on this very topic. Here's another one. Somebody asking about shingles. Find a medical professional or web md or something not next door now she's talking about roof depilatiating a nerve pain or exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the disease. Here's my favorite one.
Speaker 1: Uh does does anybody know what I should do with this crow? It has a hurt wing. It landed between our houses. Yeah, I'm trying. I'm trying to I'm trying to nurse it back to health. It keeps hopping around and I don't know what to do with it. You got to put the whip to it. It's not trying hard enough. What should I do with it? Call it a sissy and tell it to try harder.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, tell it to good Lord helps crows that help themselves.
Speaker 5: Like, is it like the new Google for your neighbors. I don't understand why people are utilizing that.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You don't have Google or any of the other search engines for figuring stuff out, or even TikTok or whatever. You do.
Speaker 4: You go to the next door with the other eighty year old. Nothing else to do is to answer your question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, It's just I just shocked by it.
Speaker 1: And I've always wondered this about when I didn't live in a neighborhood for like twenty years. But now I'm in a neighborhood. Every neighborhood I've ever lived in, pretty much, there are quite a few houses where you know who lives there, even if you don't know know them, you see them on a regular basis, getting in their car, kid, coming home on a bike, whatever. But there's always several houses where you just never see anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah ever, ever, you never see anybody.
Speaker 3: Ever. Somebody lives there.
Speaker 1: Lights get turned on at night off in the morning, and that must be the crowd that's on next door asking about crows or medical questions or whatever.
Speaker 2: It must be that you gotta go on next door and say, hey, has anybody ever seen anybody come out of the blue house.
Speaker 5: That's perfect on them, Just start asking really weird questions on there, Jack, that'd be perfect.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of asking advice, I thought this was so interesting and it makes sense in my head. See if it does to you. It's new research out about getting advice, asking for advice, that sort of thing, and this, Elizabeth Bernstein writes, we tend to believe the best person for support during a time time will always be someone who's been there before.
Speaker 3: It turns out that's wrong.
Speaker 2: New research shows we make get better help from people who've been through a significant challenge that's different from our own, because social scientists say this is because those who have been through an unrelated challenge can empathize with our emotional pain, but they won't assume they know what our experience is like or bring their own emotional baggage to the conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh, hun's great, that is interesting. I think that one over.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, somebody who's quote unquote been there before sometimes talks more than they listen. They may also give advice solely based on their experience and forget that ours is going to be different. And because they got already got over the problem, they think we should too and tend to minimize how painful the situation is.
Speaker 1: My main advice with big things that I've been through is usually having been through this, don't listen to anybody's advice. That's about my own advice on a number of big things. Wow wow interesting a cynical man or an experienced man. Sometimes you don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes someone you don't know well may have different life experiences that you can draw upon.
Speaker 3: You never know what people know until you ask.
Speaker 1: Well, like, that's the advice I give on my cancer experience because I've had a number of people ask me who get cancer, and I say, don't take anybody's advice because everybody's situation is so incredibly different. I heard so many things that turned out not to be true, and I've been better off if I never asked. Everybody's situation is miles apart and changes on a daily basis, so don't worry about it. And child rearing, while not the same as that, because there are some truths to child wearing, definitely, but man there's a lot of I don't know, what are you telling me this for when it comes to child wearing. Also, yeah, a lot of people are trying to express their own and how to put this, work out their own issues or exhibit their own egos or something.
Speaker 4: Because kids are.
Speaker 1: So different and then the parents interaction with the kid is so different.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, it's hard to normalize a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe the worst advice giver is somebody who's raised a kid, because back to the beginning of this article, they're completely convinced that their experience is universal.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about all of you that have had one child.
Speaker 1: Obviously some of you have wisdom, but yeah, you'd exactly be what she was describing.
Speaker 3: Yep, because I've got that situation. It ends up fine.
Speaker 1: If I just if I'd only had one of them, I would think I was the world's greatest parent and be willing to lay out all kinds of advice and maybe write a book. If I don't lay out the other one, I would think I'm a disaster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 2: So final note on this, which I found interesting was the power of weak ties. Conversations with people that you have weak ties with can be surprisingly helpful.
Speaker 3: They don't know us well, they don't know our faults.
Speaker 2: They're less likely to judge us or make assumptions about our situation or something like that.
Speaker 3: I've had many experiences like this.
Speaker 2: Are much more likely to be a fellow, like a brainstormer, than a bestower of alleged wisdom. They're much more likely to listen and toss out ideas with you than try to lay the law down. This is the guy sitting next to you at the bar or the bus stop or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've had this experience many times in my life, and it works both directions. They don't have any particular agenda. Because they don't know you and you don't they can say things that if somebody who did know you said them, you'd get furiously angry. But because you don't know them at all and have nothing invested, you can just hear what day have to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the power of weak ties, thought provoking. Yeah, ask a stranger, the.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty show, Yeah, your shoe podcasts and our hot links. At one points, as a child, for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to stick my finger in a pencil Sharper.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't remember how old I was, But anyway, I've got one finger that the fingernail on top still has white spots on there from that. They never went away. The fingernail continues to grow. But the cuts that I put deep into my fingernail causing me great pain from the finger from the pencil sharpener still on my fingernail.
Speaker 3: Do you think you were like seven or seventeen. I was twenty eight. It was thirty one, Yeah, I was, I was more like seven.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, well we all do silly stuff like that. You know what I've always wondered about scars? What's the deal with scars? I have, you know, various places on my body where I got cut open or whatever. My skin has regenerated hundreds of times and thousands of times. I don't know dermatologists, But why does my skin regenerate star scars? I mean, at one point when I was born that skin was on scarred, So you'd think that would be programmed into my genetics.
Speaker 3: I don't get that.
Speaker 1: I don't understand either. Clearly happens, but yeah, why why it doesn't regenerate? Your face does mostly, but the rest of your body does not.
Speaker 2: I mean, like right up there, I got a notch there and one there, and I got scars there and there, and they've faded a bit over the years, but they're still there.
Speaker 3: I don't get that.
Speaker 1: When you and your orangutang used to travel around the country and a pick up and do that bare knuckle street fighting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was choreographed, but sometimes, you know, his mighty ape blows would land upon my head.
Speaker 1: It's an old movie you've never heard of, Katie, from way back in the day, Clint Eastwood street fighting with an orangutang.
Speaker 5: Okay, like, wow, Joe, you've done some things I haven't heard about in a life.
Speaker 3: What a life? What a ride it's been, Katie. I'll tell you about it sometimes.
Speaker 2: So anyway, if if you're just seguing from the February twentieth Armstrong and Getty radio show or the on demand podcast into one more thing, the pencil sharpener reference will be familiar to it.
Speaker 3: We talked about it during the radio show today.
Speaker 2: But the situation is your friend announces his intention to put his finger into a power pencil sharpener and you tell him, well, Jim, if you do that, it's going to shred your finger, be incredibly painful, and you're going to bleed a great deal. Then he says, well, I feel like I must do it, and he sticks his finger in there, and precisely what you describe happens, and he's standing there.
Speaker 3: Screaming, Oh my god, my finger.
Speaker 1: It's intensely painful, it's shredded, and now it's bleeding a lot.
Speaker 3: What are you going to say at that point?
Speaker 2: We feel like that having been desperately trying to talk sense to the people of America, particularly the West Coast, as it's implemented these utterly predictably disastrous progressive policies, and I just I suppose I.
Speaker 1: Should take we should take satisfaction. No, no, because the finger had to be shredded. Yeah, that's just stupid. And there are businesses that I liked to have been driven out of business by the crime.
Speaker 2: Right for instance. So this is not quite as serious as the crime. And that's part of the reason this is so enjoyable. And before we launch into it, and we're going to play a fair amount of audio from ABC seven in the Bay Area, and I would suggest if you ever watch Bay Area news, I would give ABC seven a good long audition, because if they're doing a report like this, they deserve your love, or at least give them a chance, because there are plenty of Bay Area media outlets who wouldn't get within one thousand miles of this story. We'll start Michael with the first clip and go from there.
Speaker 8: By now you've probably heard of the infamous Noe Valley public toilet and how San Francisco was ready to dish out one point seven million dollars for its construction rather than pay for a much cheaper modular model from a company in Nevada. Here's why San Francisco could would not do business with any entity in that state. San Francisco had a ban on doing business with thirty states that had laws that undermined LGBTQ and voting rights as well as blocking abortion access.
Speaker 4: It was those states.
Speaker 8: Against San Francisco, and that eventually became too costly for city government.
Speaker 4: Annoe Valley bathorm is not a one off case.
Speaker 1: That's a problem that is replicated throughout our city government.
Speaker 9: Or we couldn't buy toilet paper from where we historically bought toilet paper. These market players are smart enough to know that they had a captive audience and they could raise their prices.
Speaker 1: That is mind blowing, That is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: I would suggest a rephrase from our point of view for ABC seven undermining LGBTQ rights and voter rights or whatever they said. That's that's mischaracterizing reasonable policy. But so you got a situation where San Francisco is banned doing anything including travel with thirty different American states.
Speaker 1: So if you got to buy toilet paper instead of buying it the cheapest place, you spend more taxpayer money to send a nobody even hears it tree falling in the forest virtual signaling message about trans writes or something.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, and if you end up in a situation where you've only got twenty states left and they don't happen to have paper mills except for one boutique firm in Massachusetts, and so you end up buying five dollars roll toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Stupid idiots, Next time matter, stupid idiots.
Speaker 8: Nice Mike economics one O one competition results in lower prices. Also, because of the ban, public employees were not allowed to travel to one of those thirty states to potentially lower companies to break business back to San Francisco. The city tried to get arounded by granting waivers, and between July twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, thirty five city departments approved a total of five hundred and thirty eight waivers. The problem there, even the process of granting waivers was costing the city more money in added staff and paperwork. In one case, the Recreation and Parks Department had to get a waiver to do business with a local LGBTQ vendor who had recently been acquired you guessed it, by another company in one of those thirty banned states. Because of that, we couldn't use her services until we got a special dispensation, which took a really long time and was frustrating for us and for her.
Speaker 4: Wow, the state is drunk.
Speaker 1: You'd have to work on being stupid for a long time to reach that level of virtuosity. Roland Michael Jack comment, No, I'm just going to say, you can see how you'd get here. So the people who vote on this stuff are morons, are.
Speaker 3: Divorced from reality.
Speaker 1: Another way to put her, they're either morons or they are so cynical they virtue signal to stay in office knowing that this stuff happens, but either way it's horrible, and then the voter doesn't really understand or hear about it. But there's got to be a lot of people in government that are completely aware of the repercussions of these dumb bands, and they keep their mouths shut. I guess there should be a bigger pushback against this roll on big Daddy.
Speaker 8: Time is money and a report by the Budget and Legislative Analysts found that while it is difficult to measure how the city's contracting costs have been affected by the legislation, researchers have found that full and open competition for contracts can result in savings up to twenty percent. After that report, San Francisco finally cried uncle, and last April, the Ward of Supervisors voted to get rid of the van Instead, san Francisco government now allowed itself to do business with any individual.
Speaker 4: Company that aligns with its values.
Speaker 7: Then we'll do business with that company, regardless of where it's located. And so we had to adjust the law because San Francisco was getting hurt at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they retain their need to virtue signal by demanding the companies quote unquote align with their values, whatever the hell that means, and it changes week to week. But so they finally figured out that, Say there's a company that so woke in Nevada. They only employ transgender gay men.
Speaker 3: I mean that's their entire staff.
Speaker 2: But San Francisco couldn't do business with them because they reside in the evil.
Speaker 4: And scary state of Nevada.
Speaker 3: Boogerdy, boogety boogidy.
Speaker 2: If you practice your violin as much as they practice stupid, you'd be it'sak pearlman.
Speaker 4: It's infuriating.
Speaker 5: How someone could How can anyone listen to this and not have their head want to explode?
Speaker 1: I don't know, And that's a pretty good question, Katie. Are there people that hear that and think I don't care they do the right thing?
Speaker 3: Are there people like that?
Speaker 1: God? Well, they shouldn't be in charge of anything. Oh, they should have minders. They shouldn't. They shouldn't like be alone in an apartment or something.
Speaker 2: Should probably be on a leash. Just make sure they don't wander off and hurt themselves. Next clip.
Speaker 8: So, the city lifted some of the restrictions on who they do business with. It still has a long list of conditions and requirements that companies, industries, states, and even countries must follow in order to do business with San Francisco. Up to now, only one city department has been given a reprieve to operate outside of some of those rules, the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing. That that's how they've been allowed to expedite the construction of shelters and housing.
Speaker 4: It saves us at.
Speaker 10: Least three months on every project that we open, and has allowed us to be nimble and take advantage of opportunities to open new projects and spend the resources that the public has entrusted us with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think unfortunately on that one. It's just that one is millions and millions and millions of dollars flying around, and the people that are supposed to get that millions of dollars got a lot of pull and they aren't going to let it get all bogged down with your nonsense, so they found a way around it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But to hear her say, oh, it's allowed us to be nimble and like take advantage of opportunities and save money and be efficient, but only for bums and junkies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like I said, there are so many people receiving those tens of millions of dollars in the whole homeless industrial complex.
Speaker 3: You don't have.
Speaker 1: An interest group on the other end of paying for toilet paper to try to, you know, make it happen in a more sane way. Well, in the useful idiots say, well, that is such an important and sacred mission.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll let's spend all the rules. I think that is very important. Yeah, people making a living keeping the city from going into a death spiral. Yeah, we'll get people having reasonable you know, cleanliness and freedom from crime in their neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: That is not worthy.
Speaker 1: You were right tipping your hat to ABC seven News there in San Francisco, because that is some brave work right there. You're like practically Alexi Navolni to do that story in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: But uh, what was I gonna say?
Speaker 1: Oh, did you see over the weekend Scott Wiener, who's like maybe our least favorite politician in world history in San Francisco full of craziness. Finally, because he's been forced into it, has put forward some changes where they do away with a bunch of the impossible environmental rules so you could build some housing or some businesses could come back in to San Francisco because it's just made it impossible.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So the homeless industrial complex is Trump the radical left for the moment, or at least they're trying.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a lovely victory. Leanne Melendez, congratulations ABC seven again. Well, we'll post a link if you want to see the whole report. I think we can do that. But well done, ABC seven.
Speaker 1: God, that's so crazy. That's so crazy. We need to buy copy paper for the city where we been buying it, Alabama. Alabama's not trans friendly, so we won't buy it from there. It costs twice as much somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Of course you don't care. It's not your money. Oh god, that's maddening. And again the company is owned by a gay black man. They give one hundred percent of your profits to I don't know, Panda sanctuaries, but because they're in the state of Alabama, they're tainted by the evil of that map location, and so you stupid morons can't buy your paper from there. They give one hundred percent of their profits to pass over.
Speaker 2: The last time, Oh yeah, they don't hold I get die Kati either absolutely right, as as the the woke numb skulls stick their finger in the pencil sharpener en jaw.
Speaker 4: The Armstrong and Getty show, Yeah, or Jack your Shoe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 1: There was some term we were using on the show years ago that we said sounded like a racial slur and like we were uncomfortable saying, but it wasn't a racial slurn anyway.
Speaker 4: Do you remember what it was?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't remember what it was, but it was, Oh yeah, it's on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 3: I'll try to come up with.
Speaker 1: It about It was just it was just a word, and it's like made you uncomfortable sing, even though I didn't have any meeting. Well, this is part of the Daniel Tosh bit here that I came across on YouTube last night. Daniel Tosh fairly famous as a comedian for brushing pretty closely up against racist comments in his comedy and getting big laughs out of it. Katie, you're familiar with Tosh, Oh yeah, he's a funny guy.
Speaker 2: Oh well, and and sex stuff and he's he just op rates on the edge.
Speaker 1: So he'll set up this focus group thing the way he does it, but it's worth knowing since it's a video that the panel he's talking to. It's a black guy, a white woman, a gay guy, a Hispanic guy, and an old Asian woman that he's talking to.
Speaker 3: And this is how it goes.
Speaker 7: In this hyper sensitive day and age, it's hard to know who will be offended by what. So I came up with a list of brand new terms that have absolutely no racial connotation whatsoever, and to make sure they're safe, I feel testing them with an extremely diverse focus group.
Speaker 4: It's time for thank you guys for coming.
Speaker 7: I would like you just to raise your hand whenever you feel the term I use is offensive. Cream jockey, okay, water flaps, Here comes a pack of water flaps. Lock up your dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that doesn't sound good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, sugar taster. What do you think sugar taster means?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you think that he tastes sugar?
Speaker 7: Why do you keep pointing to the blacks? That's what they they saddle shins mean a bunch of stinking saddle shins.
Speaker 8: Using sentence, I just did it. Sentence Yes, clink clunk clan clink clunk, clink, plum. Hey, we we did the rear world and we did all the work, and then you come back to use it kind terms.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's and not directly toward anyone.
Speaker 3: It's just the word clink clum.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, this is all good research.
Speaker 3: Guys. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Biscuit neck.
Speaker 4: God help us if we ever have a.
Speaker 7: Biscuit neck in the White House.
Speaker 3: Why did biscuit neck offend you? Oh no, you shouldn't say that.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't say biscuit neck.
Speaker 3: I thought it was something against whites.
Speaker 7: You thought biscuit neck was negative toward whites.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Spoon face, I don't.
Speaker 8: Like that because lots of Asians got round face and might do talking about that.
Speaker 7: But I think of a spoon I think of concave. You think I think it's an Asian slam?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 7: Spoon face, yeah, because spoon face.
Speaker 3: Apple picker? Why are you offended by apple? Because no one called me an apple picker? What if you were to pick an apple?
Speaker 4: I'm still not an apple picker.
Speaker 3: Let me find one that you are. Okay, which one? Can I call you? Phintoe?
Speaker 4: No water flaps, no gin bird.
Speaker 7: No bucket, duncker, no dirty legs?
Speaker 4: Nah, how about door donkey?
Speaker 3: Hey you're finding ten eyes? Tore ten eyes?
Speaker 7: It is well, thank you all for your time. You can collect your ten dollars.
Speaker 3: On your way out.
Speaker 4: Ten dollars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, your spoon face apple picker?
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: It's interesting though.
Speaker 1: I mean when I watch it the first time, there's some of those words that made me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Isn't that weird? Yes?
Speaker 1: Because yeah, clink clunk, no, wait donute, we build the railroads and you call us clink clok?
Speaker 6: What some of them just knowing he said no exactly, and then the people reacting like, oh, hey, don't call me that.
Speaker 3: And then the other guy's saying, what's the matter with you, biscuit neck?
Speaker 1: So was it the sugar taster or sugar eater or whatever that was? The white woman said, no, wait a second, you calling him that?
Speaker 3: I wasn't calling him. Why are you pointing to the black guy? Well, yeah, that's yeah weird. Why are you pointing at the black guy? It's just sugar taste.
Speaker 1: You're depended on behalf of him for a made up term that means nothing really interesting psychologically?
Speaker 3: Wow, how interesting? Dirty shins.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't come up with that term that we used to use. It was like dink double incum. No kids, it was one of those terms, but.
Speaker 1: It really sounded like a racial God help us, we ever have a biscuit neck in the White House.
Speaker 4: Stop saying that Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty the Armstrong and Getty Joe