Speaker 1: How Rude Tanta Ritos with Jody Sweeten and Andrea Barber and iHeartRadio podcast. Hello and welcome to the very first episode of How Rude Tanta Ritos, a Full House rewatch podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Andrea Barber and I am Jody Sweeten, and I am so excited to be here with you.
Speaker 3: Ab Jody, are you ready? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: I am so ready for this? Are are the Tanner Ritos ready for this? And by Tanta Rito's, I'm referring to the audience, are.
Speaker 4: They ready for this?
Speaker 3: Ritos? Get ready?
Speaker 4: It's going to be so much fun.
Speaker 3: It's going to be such a wild ride.
Speaker 1: We are going to watch all one hundred and ninety two episodes of Full House.
Speaker 3: Jody, have you ever seen an episode of Full House? Ever?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I feel like an episode maybe giving it too much credit, but I've.
Speaker 4: Seen bits and pieces here and there. For sure.
Speaker 2: I think the pilot is one of the ones that I've definitely watched all the way through, but it's been years. But other than that, I didn't really watch the show What about You.
Speaker 1: I've watched several but like, okay, the narcissistic actor that I am, I've only watched the scenes that I'm in, Like, I don't watch anybody else's scenes, so, and I wasn't.
Speaker 3: In every episode. I was in like one hundred and forty something.
Speaker 1: So I've only seen the episodes that I'm in, and I've only seen the scenes that I'm in. So I'm excited to see your work too, Jody and everybody.
Speaker 2: Else do why, thank you. I'm really really looking forward to this. And I you know, I can't believe what are we coming up on the thirty seventh anniversary.
Speaker 1: Now, it's been thirty seven years since the premiere of the show, coming up on thirty seven years this seventh September.
Speaker 2: Wow, So yeah, you know, it just it felt like the time to come back and revisit. I mean, we've done, we've done the fuller, We've done you know, the cons and the meet and greets, and now it's time for the recap.
Speaker 3: It's time for the recap.
Speaker 1: And I feel like this is the perfect time to do a podcast because we got to get these memories down while we're still lucid.
Speaker 4: I mean it's slipping.
Speaker 2: I feel like day by day sometimes I'm like, wait what, Yeah, it's gonna be weird. To go back and definitely see things, see things that spark memories that I probably that we haven't thought about in thirty some odd years, but also to actually remember some things, and like, I have absolutely zero recollection of doing that, and I.
Speaker 4: Probably should, but that's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And I am so eager to get these memories recorded because you know, ever since we lost Bob last year and then you know, I lost my mom the year before that, I have been feeling the sense of urgency to capture these memories and get them down permanently so that we will have them forever, our kids can listen to them, our beloved fan base who is so loyal, we listen to this forever.
Speaker 2: And we have it.
Speaker 1: We will have a recording of all of our memories of what it was like to grow up on the set of Full House.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: I am really really excited to uh, to be able to go through this with.
Speaker 4: You and talk about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, what a you know what, It's an experience that not a ton of people in the world have, you know, and uh, and it's definitely you know, growing up on a series like this together. I mean, we have so many shared memories and weird family vacation stories and so many fun behind the scenes things that are gonna come out that I mean, I know, Oh, I just know there are some great stories that we uh that we haven't that we haven't told yet, some from full House years, some from Fuller House years.
Speaker 4: God remind remembering all of these. I mean, the gum wall.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, that's gross, like when you describe it, and when you describe it's pretty gros there.
Speaker 3: We'll get there, We'll get there, We'll get there.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And you and I had a really unique relationship too. I know there were seasons where I was closer to you than anyone else in the cast, and we hung out hot outside of the show too. I remember going to Disneyland with you and the lead did.
Speaker 2: We spent a lot of time together, you and I and you and I also shared a classroom for most of the series, that's right, so until I think you went maybe high school, and then I think and then we split off. But for the majority of those years, you know, we had we shared teachers, we shared a classroom, we shared I think a fish tank at some point in the classroom.
Speaker 4: The gutty greet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Now, how old were you when you started the show?
Speaker 2: I was I had just turned five. I think when I started the show? What about you?
Speaker 3: So you were you were a baby? You were?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was a literal I was a literal baby.
Speaker 3: You were a little taught, Oh my gosh, it was. And I was ten. So we were pretty young. I got it.
Speaker 1: I'm a little nervous about our memories here because we were so young, and you know, I have this this former child star amnesia, which I think is kind of common with child actors from the nineties, where I don't remember large chunks of my childhood because we Okay, I have a theory.
Speaker 2: Tell me, well, I also think that's I mean, not to age us or anything, but you know, we're we're we've been here longer, and I think more things have happened that crowd the space in the brain, is what I'm saying. I don't know that that's entirely unique to child stars and and may just be something that happens in our forties.
Speaker 1: Well no, but here here's my specific theory about former child stars from the nineties.
Speaker 4: A theory. You know how I love a good theory.
Speaker 3: You love a good theory. Well, it's not scandalous or anything.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, does it involve a big bang not big strong show, big bang.
Speaker 3: Theory network too, Jody, stay on topic. Sorry.
Speaker 1: So my theory is that we have very finely tuned short term memories because we're used to memorizing large amounts of dialogue every week, Like our scripts would change every single night.
Speaker 3: There was a new rewrite every single night for every single stript.
Speaker 1: And then even on show nights, we had already had all our dialogue and all of our lines memorized, but they would still be coming in with alts. They would come in with alternate jokes if the jokes weren't working, So we it was this pressure cooker situation where we were memorizing large amounts of dialogue and then after the show we wrapped on Friday nights, we would dump it all.
Speaker 3: We would dump now.
Speaker 2: If you asked me the next week, I'd be like, I have no idea, what are we doing next week?
Speaker 1: No clue, and then we would prepare to retrieve the next and download the next right next our rindes the next week. So I have very finely tuned short term memory. My long term memory not so great, And I feel like I feel like that's a thing with former child actors from the nineties.
Speaker 3: I don't know, that's the theory.
Speaker 2: You know what. I appreciate that theory. I I yeah. I think I'm also just losing my mind slowly as we go, and so yeah, I think that's part of why I'm like, I don't remember things. Also, you know, extenuating circumstances that we won't go into. But uh.
Speaker 3: We've got one hundred and ninety two of these, there's plenty of time.
Speaker 2: I'm like forty one and I'm like, wow, thirty six years ago, we're gonna go, We're gonna travel. It's like traveling back in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember do you remember meeting me? Like, let's just let's just bring it back to me, right, just bring Do you remember meeting me for the very first time?
Speaker 2: Not specifically, And I'm gonna and that sounds horrible. I'm rude, I am a horrible friend.
Speaker 3: I get it. I totally get it.
Speaker 2: Uh No, but because I think I can't remember what episode you came into the show on episode three, episode three, that's right, because the first one they you're mentioned that DJ's on the phone with Kimmy Gibler, and I don't because I think I remember.
Speaker 4: The pilot so specifically.
Speaker 2: But I definitely remember like our jokes and our bits and things. But you know, again, I may come all rushing back to me when we watch episode three, because I have no idea what happens in episode three other than your character is introduced. But I don't remember anything, so it be like, oh my gosh, that time. I do remember that you loved tuna melts. Oh, you loved a good tuna melt sandwich.
Speaker 3: Why didn't I? I meant to eat a tuna melt before we recorded this, just like.
Speaker 1: That's been tradition, an homage to to our friendship and this show, because I would eat a tuna melt before every single live live.
Speaker 3: Show and including the Fuller House too.
Speaker 2: I would you would get when we would walk down to the the catering truck, like the generic white food truck. Well, the road trucks were cool, but like you know, when they were just white generic thing and you could but would go walk there with our moms at our lunch break, and you would always get a tuna melt sandwich always and a Martinelly's applesider.
Speaker 3: Oh, I remember.
Speaker 2: That memories for the most random, useless things. I go to the gas station, I can't remember my zip code for the credit card, but I can remember what your lunch order was in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 1: As long as you're focusing on the important memories, that's right.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: No one else is listening to a podcast about me not remembering my gas station pin code, so hey, you know it's more important to remember this stuff.
Speaker 3: There's a podcast for everything now.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the specific moment when I met you, because I'm sure it.
Speaker 3: Was a very overwhelming day coming into this set.
Speaker 1: But I do remember just generally just thinking of you as like the little kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Olsen twins.
Speaker 1: Kid.
Speaker 3: The Olsen twins.
Speaker 1: Were only they were eighties. They were only they were nine months old. Yeah, And so they weren't on the set all the time.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 1: There were very strict child labor laves, and they could only work so many hours a day and probably have what thirty minutes on the actual set or maybe any I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it was the eighties, there was probably more than that, you know what I mean. I'm sure since then they've they've made it a considerably shorter amount of time. But they they was like, sure, you could have a kid around for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Or so, right, since the oulcens weren't around all the time. I thought of you as you were the little kid. You were the little kid on the set, and so.
Speaker 3: I was just like, oh, she's so cute, you know, I was. So.
Speaker 1: I don't remember specifically meeting you, but I remember my general impressions of you, which was that you were an adorable, curly haired, blonde little girl with these bangs.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, the bang bangs.
Speaker 2: Except my hair wasn't curly. What my hair was not naturally curly, so they had to curl it my mom. So your mom did put my hair in sponge rollers every night, with dippity doo and the little papers and the pink sponge rollers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I slept in those things like every night, the sponge rollers. Sure I still have dents in my head.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, would you ever wake that problem like those things? I would use the sponge rollers too, but I would always wake up with a headache.
Speaker 3: So I hated them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I didn't. Yeah I didn't love them.
Speaker 3: But but you know it anyway, But I did it.
Speaker 2: But the joke's gotta work, and Stephanie Tanner had curly hair.
Speaker 3: The joke has to work.
Speaker 1: That is a common phrase that you just said that. That is a common phrase that I remember hearing.
Speaker 4: Cross stitch that on a pillow. The jokes gotta work.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's gonna be your Christmas gift this year.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to give that on A Maria And I always joke about that. Who was uh on a Maria? Was the hairstylist on Fuller House, But we always joke about that. If you work in sitcoms, you do learn the jokes gotta work no matter what.
Speaker 3: Do whatever you have to as long as the joke works.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I am so excited to go into this though. I really feel like the timing is right for it. I'm excited to get to like go back and revisit my childhood in a way and in a like in a way where I think I have a different perspective of like child stardom now a little bit, not in like a negative way, but I think in a way where it's I can look at it a little more objectively and kind of sort through some of the things that like maybe weren't so great or some of the things that you know, stuck with me that I had to learn how to undo at later points in my life. But like also going back and seeing just what we did as as young people as kids, and like how crazy responsible we were, Like it's amazing to me.
Speaker 1: I am definitely excited to go back and relive all those memories and look at the show through an adult lens.
Speaker 3: Finally.
Speaker 1: I mean we felt some of this, I think on Fuller House too, but getting to to view the show from the perspective as an adult and we're moms now we're adults, Like, I feel like our perspective is going to be completely different.
Speaker 3: And I I you called.
Speaker 4: Me an adult, though, I thank you, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: I mean, well myself, so we don't always act like adults technical our charms that we are.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I hope that it holds up.
Speaker 1: Like I have such fond memories of being on the set of full House, and I hope, I hope that holds up.
Speaker 3: Like I'm a little morvous.
Speaker 2: But what are we gonna all come crashing down around you and everything that was a lie?
Speaker 1: What if I've blocked out like a lot of negative memories. I don't I don't know, like, I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I guess this is I mean, this is good. I'm I'm willing to go on whatever and wherever this journey takes us. I honestly do think there's gonna be some moments though, where it's like oh wow, like things hit in a different way, or remembering like, oh man, I remember what was going on maybe outside of set that week, you know what I mean, and watching that and being like, man that you know, I don't know. I'm I'm excited to get to have a different perspective of.
Speaker 3: It though, me too. And we are going to be bringing on some great.
Speaker 1: Guests that will hopefully help us with the packing all of these memories. I'm excited to talk to all of our beloved cast members.
Speaker 2: We've got cast members, We've got directors, we've got producers, We're I mean, we're going to talk to all kinds of behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: People, are studio teachers, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: We have so many fun guests that we're excited to bring on and talk to, and people that really you might not have seen in front of the camera, but who full House would not have been possible without.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited to get to bring some of those stories.
Speaker 3: Me too too, Me too.
Speaker 1: A lot of those people worked on Fuller House as well, but not all of them, not all of them. So I hope that this can be like one big reunion full House casting.
Speaker 4: Do you think we could get Comet?
Speaker 1: Oh, Jody, I don't know. Commet was very busy back in the day. Didn't he play on Airbud?
Speaker 2: Was that the moment was also Airbud? Well, that was where he got replaced by Bob the Dog?
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was why we got Bob the Dog.
Speaker 4: Not Saggot.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I I this comes later in the in the series. Should we wait or didn't? I feel like, now I've opened up what happened to.
Speaker 3: You've opened up Pandora's box.
Speaker 2: I did not know he was air Bud, but he was like an Irish setter or something. So they had to dye him like a reddish color, and his and and and it hadn't come back, and he didn't look like the same. He didn't looked like a Golden Retriever. Hair was a little bit different, and so they brought in a dog who also was named Bob which then made things very confusing because you couldn't tell if people were yelling at Bob, Bob Saggot or Bob the Dog. And it really could have gone either way.
Speaker 3: Which do you think was the better actor? Like, I bet one of them listened to directions a little better.
Speaker 2: One was more focused, that's for sure. The dog definitely stayed on his mark. I love you, Bob, uh, but yeah, that was Bob the Dog.
Speaker 3: I'm already learning things and we're only ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Random tangents brought to you by Well.
Speaker 1: I figure we should start the same way that every episode started, which is talking about that classic iconic opening and the theme theme song.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I mean, I get, we definitely we have. Let's we're covering the theme song in this episode because I mean, it's obviously in every episode, so it would be silly to cover it every time. But I feel like it really needs a dedicated moment because the full House theme song is beyond iconic. I mean, there are I would say probably a handful, like a literal handful of show like sitcom intro songs that are as popular as as the full House theme song.
Speaker 1: You can't not sing along when you hear the full House theme song like it's it's almost like a tick.
Speaker 3: Where you just have to sit it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I actually I do.
Speaker 2: I twitch sometimes when I sing it, but it is I mean, people hear the beginning, like little beat of it and they freak out when I heard it from watching it, so we watched. I watched the pilot episode already. We're not going to talk about that'll be next the next after next week. But just hearing the original theme song, I was like, oh my gosh, it took me back. But one thing I will say is, did you realize that it was so long? No, it was like the extended cut music video drop of the full House theme song in the pilot episode.
Speaker 4: I like, I don't think it. I don't think it was always that long.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it got edited at some point, but I'll be interested to see when. Because there was stuff happening in the opening credits.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: That it was unusually long.
Speaker 1: I felt the exact same way because I was like, right, I was, I'm still going it's still They definitely tightened it up and shortened it as I don't know when, like you said, but as as the seasons progressed, but we should give credit where credit is due of who who wrote the original theme song? Yes, which is Jesse, Frederick, Jesse, Frederick and Bennett Bennett Salve.
Speaker 3: Salve, I knew, yeah, pronounced it better than I would.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jesse and Bennett and Jesse and Bennett wrote like a ton of the the sitcom theme songs for Miller Boyet shows. So I know they did family Matters. I know they did step by step. So yeah, they you can definitely hear. And when you listen to all of the those theme songs, you're kind of like, oh, I kind of get it's got a little of the same moment to it. So but they were so incredibly talented and continued to work with us through Fuller House.
Speaker 4: And wrote wrote some of the songs that Stephanie sang on.
Speaker 3: Fuller Oh that's right, that's right. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, who was one of them singing the full House theme song? Was that Bennett or Jesse?
Speaker 4: That I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Okay, well maybe we'll.
Speaker 2: In thirty and thirty somebody will yours. I've never Yeah, someone will. Someone will find out if.
Speaker 3: Not a producer.
Speaker 1: Then a diehard fan will definitely emailing us to correct.
Speaker 2: I am waiting for I'm sure we're going to get plenty of dms that that say like that there's something that we missed or screwed up, and I'm I'm looking for I'm welcoming that. I mean, I'm excited to see the things that I don't know, because I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure there's a lot.
Speaker 1: I welcome that too, because for thirty six years people have been saying, do you remember this episode, and I'm like, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's always I just always said, uh, oh, Jesse did sing it.
Speaker 3: Jesse did sing it. Oh.
Speaker 4: By the way, our.
Speaker 2: Incredibly thorough fact checker, Jensen, thank you so much. Yes for sure to Jensen drops to Jenson keeping us factual.
Speaker 4: I don't need I don't need.
Speaker 2: To misspeak on this podcast. Share any misinformation, that's okay. But yeah, I don't remember it being as long. I do remember I had my little ballet moment right oh there, when it was like and and I forgot. I mean, I know it's kind of become a trope at this point the sitcom, you know, moment look into the camera, but I forgot, just really, how terrifically cheesy. It was like, it's so cheesy, It's like so awesomely cheesy, and just talking like you're talking to I want to do a bad lip breeding of what Dave and Bob and John are saying. So bad else because I can only imagine what they were actually saying, knowing that no like audio was going to be recorded.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm sure it was not appropriate for all ages and all ears for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Have so many questions about the opening credits, okay, because I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: So where did you shoot these? Did you go to San Francisco to shoot these credits or were you well somewhere else?
Speaker 2: Yes? And no okay, well actually mostly no, okay, So I did not go to San Francisco. The cast did not go to San Francisco to shoot any of the the exterior stuff. So like when you see the when you see us in the car in the red car, like the close up and it pulls out, that was in Griffith Park. Oh, that was in Griffith Park. The scene where we are like running down the hill with the soccer ball or whatever, Yeah, that was also Griffith Park. Okay, the where we're fishing. Oh yes, The close up shot of that is as I believe Griffith Park or something, and then the then the when you see it from behind and it's like the three of them, that's not us. Those were just stand ins actually in San Francisco at the wharf, getting the like the wide shots. And then they did like the shot you know, over the over the Golden gate Bridge, which I'm not sure how.
Speaker 3: How didn't they shoot that? Yeah, drone?
Speaker 2: There was no drones. Then there was no it was it a helicopter.
Speaker 1: That's a good question for Jeff Franklin, the creator of the show, when we get him, when we get him on as a guest.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would assume it would have to be some sort of a helicopter shot, right. I don't know, because it wasn't like we had, you know, great CGI in nineteen eighty seven, and that would have been way more expensive than actually flying a helicopter and flying seven people up to San Francisco and getting a shot on the Golden gate Bridge at that moment in time.
Speaker 1: Speaking of CGI, my favorite shot of the opening credits is you and Candace and one of the Olsen twins in the back seat and that terrible green screen of a trolley car behind you, Like it could not look more fake.
Speaker 3: It is absolutely hysterical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty bad because also like, yeah, is that like the close then as it pulls to reveal in the car.
Speaker 3: No, this is just a shot.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, it's just the shot of the three of us. Oh yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: Another shot where it pulls out. It pulls out, you see the five of you in the car, right?
Speaker 4: And then no, I do I remember the one you car on it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was, I mean, someone just it was like a hand painting of a trolley car stuck behind.
Speaker 4: It was like nobody will notice.
Speaker 2: Fine, I feel like a high schooler, you know, or a film student props in the art departments.
Speaker 4: Okay, in the eighties they were not working.
Speaker 2: With the two. It was it was where everyone was doing a great job at the moment. But I remember, like, even looking at some of the backgrounds in the pilot episode, I was like, wow, they really have come a long way in that in that department.
Speaker 1: Were you even wearing seat belts in the convertible? I didn't see you wearing this car.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we didn't. Didn't even have seat belts, you know what I mean, like there was no, it was not a thing at that point.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I mean, there were seat belt laws, but I remember being a kid, it was like if it was a vintage car, you still it was like, you know, the work around you that doesn't have to do it. But there certainly weren't enough seat belts for everyone that was in that car. I mean, yeah, yeah, but it wasn't like the stand I don't think Standards and Practices has that thing yet where it was like you had to watch someone buckle their seat belt and.
Speaker 3: It's very different now.
Speaker 1: The laws are much stricter now, and I'm like, they would never get away with that now, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a whole lot in the first episode that they would never get away with now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, that was it was sort of a it was sort of a mishmash of Griffith Park and other people in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's the one shot you mentioned where Danny and DJ and Stefan you're fishing off the pier, right right, yeah, and then the shot from behind, I'm like, that's.
Speaker 2: Not Bob fishing. We were fishing, fishing fishing. Watch your diction.
Speaker 1: Do you remember our dialogue coach saying that watch diction, Watch your di what diction?
Speaker 4: You watch your diption?
Speaker 3: No, I'm trying to watch.
Speaker 1: Sorry, this is going off the rails already, That's what I'm This is just a.
Speaker 2: Taste of the off the railedness that is to come.
Speaker 3: And I just had a.
Speaker 1: Flash of our dialogue coach always saying watch your diction, Brian Cale, Brian Klee.
Speaker 3: Yes, and and remind us to pronounce it. Don't be slopp. You don't have a mush mouth. And so I was telling you to watch your diction. And that's what I've.
Speaker 2: I've never noticed, so my diction is atrocious, shall say anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: The one thing we were talking about is the how the story of how the full House House came to be the full House House, the exterior of it.
Speaker 3: That's a great story.
Speaker 4: It's a really cool story.
Speaker 2: Uh. That Rich Correll, who is one of the executive producers on Full House and also is a prolific direct or.
Speaker 4: We're going to have him on at some point too. He directed a ton.
Speaker 2: Of the Fuller House episodes as well, and produced on the show. I just love him. He's a dear friend of ours. We go to Universal Horrorights with him all the time. Anyway, he was producing at the time, and it's funny if you see the credits, he went by Richard Carrell.
Speaker 3: I did notice that I was like Richard Carrell, very formal.
Speaker 2: Very formal, and he was out there location scouting in San Francisco and the house was the house that they wound up choosing was one on a list of several you know, that they were looking at, and I guess they went to the house and rich went up to the door to speak to the owner about like, hey, we'd like to pay you for exterior shots at the house.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: The dude opens the door.
Speaker 2: It's Rich's sister's ex boyfriend from high school who they went to high school in La Okay so years before, who now owns the house. Rich will correct me on the story of some I've missed something, but this is but he like opened the thing. Was like what happens to know the guy? It works out whatever, And that was how the full House house came to be chosen, which I find to be very serendipitous, just as so many things about Full House and Fuller House and this sort of magic that is on this little show that we do. Yeah, it was kind of like knowing that story. When Rich told me that, I was like, that absolutely fits it. Just it all fell into place. All the right people, the right things, the right places just all fell into place with full House.
Speaker 3: That's such a random connection. Is that a small world?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I even be honest, like what what are the odds?
Speaker 1: And it's such a great house too, with like the red door, Like do you think he picked that house?
Speaker 2: Because I believe they picked the house. They really liked the door, they liked the color scheme.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, well you and I recently went to San Francisco to promote promos for this podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh did we Francisco?
Speaker 3: Because I am still on.
Speaker 2: The way, I still have do you know the Way to San Jose in my head.
Speaker 3: That I have no response for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, on the flight home, I got a stupid song stuck in my head and it was do you know the Way to San Jose? Even though we were coming from San Francisco, and I felt the need to lean over to Andrey and tell her that. At the end of the day, I found it to be hilarious and she was just like, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: We were so slap appy at that point. But no, we flew up to San Francisco. We took a flight to Oakland, not Land.
Speaker 4: Not Oakland, not Auckland, check the spelling.
Speaker 2: And we just.
Speaker 1: Had the most delightful day driving around San Francisco in our Hyundai Tucson.
Speaker 2: It was so much.
Speaker 4: We had so much fun.
Speaker 2: We hit like other pretty much other than Alcatraz, and like driving across the Golden gate Bridge, I feel like we hit a lot like the Top five moments, particularly full House related. We saw the full House house m hm. We went fishing by the Golden gate Bridge and the marina. Yes, we went to Fisherman's Wharf and the giant steering wheel crab that y'all couldn't decide where it was if it was Peer thirty.
Speaker 4: Nine or twenty nine or whatever.
Speaker 3: We got a little bit lost, That's okay, a little bit lost.
Speaker 2: You and I got lost a couple of times in the Hundai. And most importantly was our multiple trips down Lombard Street.
Speaker 1: This was a dream come true for me driving down Lombard Street with.
Speaker 2: Lombard Street for those that for those that don't know, is the Crooked Street, which there's also a sign that says that in San Francisco the Crooked Street, because people were probably like, I don't know what the name of it is to the crooked Street. Yes, yes, it's called Lombard Street. Is the actual name. And people live on.
Speaker 3: This street, by the way, that blows my way.
Speaker 4: Why, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They have be just masochists to want to live amongst people driving all day and night in their front yard and troops up and down in their high ranges. So many we had a great time ruining.
Speaker 4: Their their day.
Speaker 2: So now it was the great time driving up and down it was Can I tell the story about honking?
Speaker 3: Please? Please tell? Well, okay, I'll set it. Let me, let me set it up.
Speaker 2: Give me the setup and I'll set you and then I'll do okay.
Speaker 1: So we drove down Lombard Street at least four times, maybe five times, because we had to get different angles, different shots. We had photographers at the top of the hill and at the bottom of the hill. And this was a dream come true for me because not only were you driving, but I was holding a Thomas Guide. Because that's how we got to all of our auditions back.
Speaker 3: In the nineties. Still seen a Thomas Guide before me.
Speaker 2: GPS goes down US eighties and ninety. The child stars are going to be fine, Like I got a map, I can read it.
Speaker 1: We are children of the nineties. We are fluent in the Thomas Guide.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So this was our last pass of going down Lombard Street. And you know, there's a line of cars that are waiting to go down Lombard Street. So we're at the top of the hill waiting for our turn to go down Lombard Street.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So not only are we at the top of the hill waiting, but there's like a four way stop right at the top. I have pulled out into the intersection, thinking I'm going to go just straight through, but I hear honking, yes, and lots of honking, lots of the unk just eh, And I'm looking around like what is happening? Like there's pedestrians kind of like clearing the way right, and I'm like, oh, it's someone behind.
Speaker 3: All the tourists are staring at it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was yeah, people are staring. The windows are down, so it's also very loud. There's a car behind and I'm like, oh my god, am I in the way? Did I cut somebody off? Like when you realize know there's a thousand things going on, did I go into the interesting juice?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And then what I realized is is so when you're going over such steep hills in San Francisco, you kind of you have to look forward a little bit and lean kind of because it's very steep, right, so you can't see well as I'm leaning, certain parts of me are also leaning forward and smashing into the car horn and honking the car horn without my knowledge.
Speaker 3: The look on your face when you realized it was your boob.
Speaker 2: I realized because I thought someone was following us, and Honky No said just my boob, just and I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, so talk about honkers. It was the greatest moment of the whole day. Like it just that was such a classic ing.
Speaker 4: Oh it really was.
Speaker 2: It really was scaring myself and having no idea why, but just.
Speaker 3: We're just such idiots honking at ourselves. Everyone's staring at us. They're like, how are the girls from full House honking at the top of Lombard.
Speaker 2: Street that apparently we were, And all I keep saying too is like, could you imagine people going down this thing in front of your house every day honking horns and stuff, And then I'm the idiot honking the horn. But the best part was is that apparently also we learned we were so loud in the car that they could hear us at the bottom of the hill when we were going down, and they would just yell to each other.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, here they come.
Speaker 2: We hear them because the windows were down, and not even the car honking, was it even the honking their voices, just the honking from my mouth. And we were like.
Speaker 3: Canaddling hens, just yes, all the way down the hill.
Speaker 2: And they were like, up here they go them and we were just announcing our rival completely downhill to all of San Francisco. Because I wake up San Francisco, I.
Speaker 3: Will hold that memory in my brain for the.
Speaker 2: Rest of my So much fun. We had so much fun. I think I definitely made a couple illegal lefts, and I probably drove where a trolley car or a cable car is supposed to be. And I don't know if it was really a lane or not, but I made it one. And we're here to tell the story. So I guess we're fine.
Speaker 1: Well, driving in San Francisco is very stressful, and you handled it like a champ. Like. It's very confusing between the one way streets and the bike lanes, which are I've never driven.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not true. I've driven in San Francisco before. I drove. I took the kids up there on a trip and I drove the minivan. Driving a minivan in San Francisco on those hills. Let me tell you that not easy on the brakes. But this was I mean, I didn't want to get out of the car. They kept, you know, they'd be like, Okay, we're gonna know you know, you gotta get on. Was like, I like the car. I want to get out.
Speaker 3: It's a great car, great car. I was just.
Speaker 4: I was having so much fun with.
Speaker 2: You, just just being stupid in the car and having fun and being silly and making fun of ourselves.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was. It was the best.
Speaker 1: That's what we do best, Jody, is just laugh and make fun of each other and.
Speaker 3: Laugh some more.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: So our next episode will be the first recap of the pilot. So we want to get you ready with some trivia. This is for all of you die hards out there, let us know on our Instagram at how Rude Podcast, and we'll give you the answers next week. Okay, I'll take this first one here.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, go for it.
Speaker 1: In the first episode, DJ is on the phone with Kimmy Gibbler and says she has three sisters. But later in the show, this changes. How many siblings did Kimmy actually have?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I don't even I'm married into the fan. No, we're not gonna say the answer, but I married into the family and I'm not even sure. So I'm interested in what this in what this uh answer is too?
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I will tell you that even to this day, thirty six years later, people are still commenting to me about this continuity.
Speaker 4: This continuity. Well, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe maybe that we can come up with an explanation as to what happened to your other siblings.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to. Let's create our own shoot your own adventure of the Gibbler family. And the second one is what is the scene in the very first episode, the pilot episode that sold the show to the network. So what scene was it that the network absolutely loved and was like, yes, we will. This is this is what we love and what we want to see. I'm sure there's some fans out there that are going to know this. There are.
Speaker 1: Iconic scenes though in that pilot, so there could be several this is true, this is true.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of the first episode, we are gonna be rewatching episode one, season one. Make sure you're catching up and tuning into all of the episodes as we're watching them. They are available everywhere you look. And let us know what you guys want to know about. If there's stories that you want, if there's questions that you have, tell us let us know. Follow us at how Rude Podcast on Instagram or you can DM us there or email us at how Rude Podcast at.
Speaker 4: Gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: And I am so excited for next week for another episode of How Rude, Tamrinos.
Speaker 3: I love it, I love it, I love you, Jody. I'm so excited to go on this adventure together.
Speaker 4: Hopefully I wont hank the horn this time.
Speaker 3: Keep your honkerds to yourself, girl,