Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't sagreed as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up it's d J E f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink.
Speaker 3: Chans day is New year c Listen, It's time for drink Champs.
Speaker 2: Drink up, motherfucker mother? Would it good?
Speaker 1: Being? Is your boy in O R E? What up?
Speaker 2: It is DJ E f N And.
Speaker 1: It's Midle Tippa crazy for all kick champs make up right now?
Speaker 2: When we talk about legends, were talking.
Speaker 4: About legendary groups, legendary things that happened legendary. These brothers have transcended with rock and roll music.
Speaker 2: Scenes.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: To me, they are hip hop group.
Speaker 1: That turned rock.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of the roots are hip hop because I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I can rhyme to every one of the beats like I'm listening to it today. I'm like I had a rhyme to every single song, Like I wrote a rhyme to it. These brothers, you beat me. I was in the back of the car like that, I said, rhyme to every one of these fucking beats. Let's get straight to it, because we ain't playing around. We are introducing the honorable one.
Speaker 1: Only let you.
Speaker 2: And that's barkling Water because.
Speaker 1: That's that's the bad luck, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys on a sixty five fucking tour athletes.
Speaker 1: Fine city. I'm I was gonna say thank you for bringing out the good Japanese with good Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks, right, that's right. So let's explain this tour that's going on right now. What what cities are you going? What cities are you excited to go to?
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, it's such a big tour for us, like we we we haven't done a tour with this many days in more than ten years, maybe more than fifteen usually told thirty days, correct, I mean for us, probably longer in a year, but this one is like sixty five. It's quite a bit longer.
Speaker 2: And listen, is it worldwide? Because that's that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I was joking with you guys off camera, but it's something that I really do mean right, right, it's a broader scale of the audience you guys have, right, So what cities, what's what cities are you looking forward to?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think that? I mean, we know the biggest ones, like the places where we have a really crazy avid fan base, the ones you know, we were German, Our German fan base is big. Are our Chinese fan base is big Germany, lots of we do, we go, we go to we go to Germany all the time. Yeah, but you know, on each tour we do real well in South South America. You said China, China, that's crazy China. Yeah, Like so on this run we're not even hitting China. We've got quite a big fan base and.
Speaker 2: Well we we.
Speaker 1: We we booked the dates before all that stuff happened. But yeah, we're not hitting China, we're not hitting Russia, and we've got big fan bases in both those places. It's funny because actually the US is one of our like comparatively, it's one of our smaller markets.
Speaker 2: Get from the beginning or has it evolved into that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Down? Yeah? Probably up and down. How about North Korea? We haven't been uh no, we haven't been there yet. Ever been there?
Speaker 4: I like him Jones. Like I'm just saying, like, he's like a cool dude to me.
Speaker 1: See, like he's like, you know what I mean, he liked basketball, he was out there with you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He's a he's a he's a hair style influencer.
Speaker 1: Right, did you see the movie the interview? I didn't see it. Oh you didn't see it the movie the interview. But they made fun of him. Yeah, like he put a hit out on him.
Speaker 4: So you guys have been able to do something that other hip hop acts I haven't been able to do. You guys collaborated full fledged with jay Z. Holy moly moly, how the hell? But by the way, by the way, he has to be one thing about jay that I know. I know him his whole career. He has to be into it. To be into it. He will not do something for money. It's not like that's not him. How what happened when y'all got together?
Speaker 1: What? What? What? What was it? He had to be a fan of you guys. Yeah, well, okay, so this was after our second record, So first record came out. Tybrid theory was was by the end of the cycle. They told us it was the biggest record on the planet, and I was like, oh, I didn't it didn't register what that meant. Like I was just thinking big is big, like but like Britney Spears and whatever, like those kinds of groups. Pop groups were big, they were probably bigger. And that our label and our manager was like, no, no, your your record was bigger than those records. Wow, And so good boy. It happened so fast that it didn't we didn't wrap our heads around it. And then so we were already going straight into the second record, did a second record that did also really really well, and then so that's where we were sitting in our career. And then Jay was just getting to the point where he was he was probably a few years from that moment where he retired what was it unplugged or something like that. So what they did is the the mashup was like a hot thing the moment Danger Mouse ray album, and MTV realized that a lot of DJs were doing mashups, and so they went to Ja and they said, hey, we want to do a show that's like a mash up show. Would you kick off the first episode since you're the like you were the first mashup that somebody did really that blew up, and they said who do you want to do it with? He said yes, and then they said who do you want to do with? And he came back to them and said, Lincoln Park. That's crazy Jo and they told us so then they His manager was John and Eely and and Jelly rowe yeh yesterday yes. So John went to our manager and he said, this is what they're thinking, and whatever do you want to do it? And I the response Instead of giving them a response, knowing that it would just lead to like questions, I just made three mashups because that's what I do like. So what they didn't know is that's how I learned how to make music. That's how I learned to make tracks. I didn't. I didn't grow up like wrap making a track and rapping on it. I grew up before that, taking stuff that I liked and mashing them up in order to learn how to make a beat. So i'd like mash up. It'd be like a break beat, a whole break beat off of like a soul record, and then like Wu Tang Clan vocals, and then like rage against the machine and smashing pumpkins, and then maybe some Jackson five thing like all these fucked up things that didn't make any sense. But to me it was just I was just vibingmixes. I was, yeah, I was just like learning, And so that's how I learned to make I did. I was, yeah, I was doing it on this weird little sampler called a originally called MS one. It was a role and piece of shit and then eventually Aki S nine hundred and then so yeah, it made those And that's how I learned how to do it. And so when they called, when they send us the message, it said Jay wants to do mashups. I just made three mashups just as like a proof of concept or whatever. I sent it to them and Jay's response was oh shit, and he knew immediately like yeah, we've got to do this is the right thing to do. Oh yeah. There wasn't any conversation that I was just like, what are they going to do? The first thing I gonna say is like, well, how should we go about I'm just I don't we don't need to do how should we do this? Just the music is either it's works or it doesn't work.
Speaker 4: No, But you know Sins walked this way right, Yes, run DMC walked this way, you know, the rock and hip hop thing.
Speaker 5: It was so perfect the Beastie Boys. Can't forget BC boys doing it as well.
Speaker 1: I actually think it went back further, Like to me, the the things like like like led Zeppelin on their own, Like I think if they had the power to sample or they knew to collaborate with people, that they would have done it. But they were just assimilating like soul and R and B and older rock for sure, right, and they were definitely they were making, they were making. They were putting that into this rock thing that they did as a British rock group. Right. So to me, I listened to that and I heard hip hop because I didn't know any better. It's like thirteen fourteen no.
Speaker 4: But for me, I'm listening to the EP and I'm like, this doesn't sound forced at oh, it sounds like I'm going out on the line there. Did you guys record in the same studio as Jay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Originally not the original material like but his he had so much music out before, okay, Right, like I grew up, we grew up listening to like what records do you remember? Sometimes we would talk about Jay Jay's records, like when you're just talking you're making songs, and you go, oh, you know it's Stipe. Is the balance on? Like can I get a what like that? That balance is so cool? Like I wish we had a song that had that kind of groove, you know, and so you'd just be thinking about that and that would kind of influence the drums. And then then we pulled from other things, like other ideas we had. But that I think that sets up. When we did the mashups, it was like, oh, it's already the hip hop element's already in there, like I just got the origins of it.
Speaker 7: It's like a lot of times it just goes back to these break beats that you know, Wow, they're just part of the foundation of everything we're listening to.
Speaker 1: Now. Is that something? Because I kid do not to me.
Speaker 4: When I listen to you guys music, I can hear the hip hop bass in there. I can hear it, But then I also also understand that it's a whole other crowd, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 4: But like I said, like I'm sitting there like I don't want to be an artist no more, but I can't help myself and the whole time, I'm sitting there and I'm like, I'm rhyming to your shit. So is that something you have did consciously? Like, because anybody who loves hip hop has.
Speaker 2: To love your music.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's I feel like sometimes may have been intentional, but other times it's just like it's baked into like what we like is what we like, Like this is what I grew up on. And we were talking earlier, like it's like before we got into making rock music, I probably listened to like two to five percent of the music I listened to was probably rock. Okay, it's probably like ninety percent hip.
Speaker 5: Hop because you guys are like the hip hop heads of the band. I wouldn't it seems like it, that's right.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you.
Speaker 5: Guys bring more of that perspective? And it's ever like anybody will saying, nah, it's maybe is leaning too much to hip hop.
Speaker 7: Or well, I think if you're alive today, it's like hip Hop's is undeniable.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere, right.
Speaker 7: And I think for us it's just a matter of over time, doing a lot of work and focusing on you know, in our case, especially in the early days hip hop and then it's just like oftentimes more than.
Speaker 1: That, you hit a wall, right, I want to do this thing, I can't get it.
Speaker 7: And actually where there was some old tapes I was watching of us making this record. We're talking about some vocal stuff that Mike's doing and he's like, ah, like I felt like I I just like kind of hit a ceiling on what I can do at this moment. But then like magically, we just make the right track a half year later and it's just automatically, it just flows.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have a verse where like you did the verse on a beat and it sounded okay, but then you didn't release it or whatever. Then later you've heard a different beat and you did the same verse on the new beat, and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, that's perfectly like what happens like that?
Speaker 1: I have, you know, at this point in my career, I got so many verses that are like almost they're like maybe they're half baked but not quite done, but they're close and they have a vibe, and then I put them over the right track and it's it fits. So let's talk sex and drugs and rock and roll. Okay, I love that. That's where you talking to the.
Speaker 3: Rock yes, because because rock and roll has a lot of sex.
Speaker 1: I got over cocaine yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was crazy rock and roll.
Speaker 4: Yes, how is that? How is that such thing that exists? Sex, drugs and rock and roll? Absolutely industry in general.
Speaker 1: My own answer, but what do you what would you say? Look like you did a line before?
Speaker 7: Actually no, not I haven't, but good Joe's in Miami, now okay, yeah, go ahead. No, I feel I mean, yeah, I know you don't want to answer it. I feel like no, I feel like it.
Speaker 1: It's funny because it was really notable when we came out. One of the things people said about us all the time was all these guys are so much less that. Wow, Like the groups that were out before us were really partying through the eighties and Motley Cruz in the eighties, huge like that's what they were all known. They were biting bats and ship like that, but they were they were out on sunset. I don't know if you ever.
Speaker 6: Spent much time in like probably like Hollywood, Holly.
Speaker 2: I've never really got it.
Speaker 1: So those guys they lived stories and they were just constantly like back and forth between the club where they played and the girls back to the place where they stayed and they lived.
Speaker 2: It was all day. It was a culture at that point.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that was their culture and I grew when I grew up, it was the It was like that. It was. I was little when that was ending. So I was reacting to like I was looking at you were talking about run DMC boys, like that was the earliest. The first record I ever bought were those records. Yeah, yeah, license to Ill, uh Hell Raisin Hell might have been. I might have bought another Runny MC record before that. Anyway, The point is that that was the beginning of me listening to music, and so all the music I listened to his hip hop and then those the kids at my school at the time, everything was real separated if you based on what music you listen to. So our table we all listened to rap. Those dudes they all listened to rock or metal or whatever. We had beef with them, like we hated them. They fucking hated us. Yeah, but that's how it was. Like we were growing up in these like I was in you know, uh in the in the San Fernano Valley, so like like it's the joke is like that that school where ice Cube goes to in in the movie. In the yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it was basically he so So Cube and a couple of other people, like it was known that that he in particular went to uh school in my neighborhood. He so d was up in the valley where all the white kids. But it actually wasn't all white kids. In the movie they show all white kids, but in the reality it was there's a lot of Persians, a lot of Jewish kids.
Speaker 2: But that's where that's where Cube played.
Speaker 1: So So in high school. High school. Yeah, so they bust they bust all those kids up because they wanted to get them out of the hood to get like better teachers, better education, whatever, because they have more funding up there. And so what happened is they all came to our school and they all get got integrated. What happened for me, for us was that he had already graduated that point then. Yeah, but to say you went to the high school with Cube, I know, I didn't. We didn't. What happened was all those kids were still getting busted up and they were bringing their music. So the kids from downtown who listened to Iced Tea, who listen to n WA, listen to all that king t all that stuff. They came up and they're like, check this out, check this out. And that's how I got all the music I grew up listening to us from them.
Speaker 2: M yeah, manakes noise? Do you have a story?
Speaker 1: Short? No sex, but don't ask how the other thing that by the time we got like since we were the next generation after we were like people would say, like, we're more about our business, Like we were trying to be artists, get make interesting creative ship and handle our business so that it stayed afloat, like so it didn't fall apart because those dudes had already come out been intoxicated whatever, and their business fell apart because the people they handed it to like cheated them, Right.
Speaker 2: There's story to deal with.
Speaker 1: The stories are like all their attorney cheated them, their business manager cheated them, were the label whatever. So we didn't want to be victims of that. So we were always like, well, let's be like clear headed and smart and we so we didn't party so much.
Speaker 5: From So, how did you guys come up with the name Lincoln Park? Was you at Lincoln Park?
Speaker 1: Oh? It was a park in Santa Monica, Uh huh and uh Chester our singer. We were looking for a new name. We were called Zero at the time. It was x c r oh. That was our name, Man, that was your name, Zero Zero. That could have worked. And then our name was Hybrid Theory. And Chester was a part of those early so Zero was with a different singer, Michael friend Mark Uh and Mark became a music manager. He man now manages a ton of great rock artists, so he did. He ended up doing great. And then we got Chester and we had changed the name of Hybrid Theory, and then that wasn't gonna work for whatever reason. And then we were looking for a new name. And Chester was sleeping in his car. He was out from Arizona. He didn't have a place to stay yet, and for some for whatever reason, he didn't decide to stay with me. I asked, I think I offered it to him, but he didn't do it, and he stayed near Lincoln Park and he brought it in one day. He was like, what about this name? Wow, And we changed the spelling because at the time, every like a dot com was powerful, like having your own name dot com was to do. So we changed the spelling to l I N K I N in order to get that dot com park dot com rest in peace to thank you. Yes, sorry, so we're gonna gonna do quick time as fine going already. Yeah, give them the flowers first, man.
Speaker 4: Show us about giving people today flowers, and we want to give you y'all flowers face to face man and man, tell you how great your people are, what y'all did, what y'all doing to the industry, and continue to move.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: We really respect y'all and we really was honored that you guys chose us to speak to the public.
Speaker 1: You want to give you so well, yeah, by the way, this is this whiskey is gold fantastic.
Speaker 5: And we know y'all represent the whole band, but you know, thank you for for coming would.
Speaker 1: Be yes, yes, I mean you know it's thank you.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna do are we going to explain the game? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, well, you've got to get designated drinkers for you guys me unless you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna know, I could probably do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to designate a drinker.
Speaker 1: It's rare.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah yeah yeah, birthday pull up? Make it?
Speaker 1: What are you drinking? Right?
Speaker 2: You gotta drink what you know?
Speaker 1: He has to drink? He has to drink with you pick. Okay, what do you want him to drink? He has no choice, He has no choice.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah Japanese okay, cool, yeah, ready Jamie, Yeah, it's not like Okay, explain the rule.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, you could have chosen something that'd be painful.
Speaker 2: No, enjoyed his birthday.
Speaker 1: That's what I would pick for myself.
Speaker 5: So this is our drinking game. We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one, we don't drink. If you say both are neither, which is the politically correct answer, then we all drink.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: And it's really just to bring up names and stories.
Speaker 1: And by the way, this also is Yeah, we're going to be bad at this. I think you're gonna be very brilliantly, very glit good story. Decided to be a little little politically correct.
Speaker 5: It's all my best to not be Okay, if you do that, but give us good stories too, I'll do my best.
Speaker 4: Jevity whiskey, Yeah, yeah, whiskey. Yeah, Okay, ready for the first one. Yes, I know what you're gonna do. I got a sense of what he's going to do. Jay z or Nas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll go Jay. Okay, Jay Okay, we have to explain why. Yeah, yeah, I've actually never met Nas. You never meant that's which is like I feel like we were like a degree of separation at a certain pay that I just I could hear how I love it, by.
Speaker 2: The way, what you guys love.
Speaker 1: I love Na's work and I saw I went. I bought tickets to his show when he came to l A like a couple of years ago. Wow, I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: So okay, on Tupac or DMX, DMX, I was say pack any any any reasons, any story.
Speaker 1: I only say talk because well I mainly say talk because I never met poc Tupac is it was such a well rounded artist and like he was like he had that that other level of like thoughtfulness, like the way his mind worked it is crazy. And I think DMX did too, But I just I think it really came through in the in the songs.
Speaker 5: When it came to you guys, ever interacted with X. I feel like X might have been some of the festivals you guys I met.
Speaker 1: I met X play the show with them once. Yeah, yeah, we played with I think were the ones. Actually I was thinking of that one where he didn't notorious that he always showed blate for everything. So we played one of those shows where I remember we were saying backstage like should we like go to the next show, or like he's going to show up? But I did actually end up meeting him. We did a song. I don't know if you know this. We did a song with rock Him. Yeah. Yeah, we had a song off of our one of our heaviest metal records, and the song was so it was a super song. Yeah, this is a song like six minutes something that's about that. It's like this Metallica style six minute song. And we displaced in the middle where I was thinking of doing a verse. Actually, they were saying like, you should do a rap verse on this because that's the most unexpected thing you could do. And my brain was like, well, what can we do that be even more unexpected? And we managed to reach out to rock Him and he drove because he doesn't fly, you know, he drove out from New York all the way out to l a verse.
Speaker 7: Who's the best?
Speaker 1: Talk about talk about tem about you? You went way too fast, so you said, rock Kim drove from New York. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: Either yo, that's leg I'm taking a shot. Even though you ain't cute.
Speaker 1: I mean, how did you work with the man? I mean, look it all start. I'm not gonna there's not I can tell you. I can talk about this for the whole thing. But the moment when he got there, he came in, I think he came with his wife, right, and then he when he came in the door, the engineer there was like a runner, like a lower level engineer kid who got the door, open the door for him. And this kid's got to be like seventeen eighteen, that's no idea, eighteen nineteen, that's what I thought. That's what I thought. And this kid opened the door and he practically, he practically bowed to this man, like everybody knew. You couldn't you couldn't avoid it. Like Kim came and he literally the kid like like avoided his eyes, opened the door. And when he left, the kid who was fucking shook And that made me more nervous. I was so nervous. But but the reason I mentioned is because like because of that, so we did the thing with him, got the single and whatever, and then Rock Kim came back to town later to do a show, and he did a hip hop like a like an old school show that had EP m D on the bill and DMX was on the bill and so on and so forth, and so backstage I got to go say hi, and I met all of that and it was one of the as a band, just like one of the coolest.
Speaker 4: I tell you, I'll tell you a cool story real quick and we get right back to you, guys. I see Nas fan out with rock Kim, and that made me like, it made me say, don't ever not be a fan. Of course, don't ever grow out of being a fan like that.
Speaker 2: That's the point of our show.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, don't ever.
Speaker 4: But when I got to see and what I'm saying is rock Kim brings that out of everybody.
Speaker 1: That's my point I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: But it was office and and Na says to be you know, Eric being Rock Kim is doing a show tonight. Do you think we should go? And I was like, you're leaving the ship up to me. I was like, we already there when we went, and it was crazy because Nas is still like you know, Nas is very you know, financially secure, He's very artist and secure but I just watched him and I just I was like, what do you call that ship? I was people talming him almost like I was just like looking over like and he knew every word. Like there was workers that Rock Kim was performing that I've never heard of, like an album to see nas like fan out to the guard rock him Like you're saying, like, look like the kid didn't want to make eye contact. That's that's who he is. He's just like the ultimate guard. So I'm gonna take a shot today.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I got got legal poking, all.
Speaker 2: Right, rage against the machine or system of a down.
Speaker 1: That's not fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know those are the two guys that right, it's the Colombian and the Dominican.
Speaker 1: They over there doing a lot of cocaine. We don't. We don't judge them. They don't do We don't judge. We don't do cocaine. I just took a shot for free. Yea, Yeah, that was fun up, that was that was fans Paul. Yeah, I can't. I can't do a shot. I can't. I gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Same for you. You're same both too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the world is a better place they both exist. Yes, Yes, heavy birthday. So, by the way, shout out to the System of Down, who I think a couple of the guys probably see this, but I know they're like touring again. They had they actually stopped touring for a minute and they came back together and it's it's an exciting time for those guys. They're playing very big shows. Light our first show, System, our very first show was with System of a Down. Really we were first out of three, first of three at the Whiskey with sx ten, same same area that all those glam bands doing cocaine play that and we uh, we were like, we played it?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: What did they call that? Like consignment? Like you have to like buy your you know, like that you buy it from the promoter for bucks and then you can sell it for five bucks. Yeah the rest. That's how we do that show. That was your very first show, very first they had just gotten signed wow.
Speaker 7: And another band was sx ten, which was that's right send Doug from Cypresshill's band.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it was like Cypress Hill and System of Down in Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: That's that's kind of dope.
Speaker 4: This this is a super hip hop question right now? All right, By the way. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this. I'm leading the witness.
Speaker 5: Just give them the question, Clan or n w A. It's tough fun I don't think it's the right question.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this is like.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like I have I feel like I have an answer that I feel like I feel.
Speaker 6: But I feel like the Internet is going to fucking judge.
Speaker 2: I don't want to tell I don't want to say it. I whisper really loud in the microphone.
Speaker 1: I'll be judged, So please let's be judge. You know what's funny about this question too, I'll tell you my answer. I love it when when? Because when I think of n w A, I think of a period of time when I was That was when I was younger. I listened to the Way first, and at that time I bought every single thing that Dre. Dre's name was on everything he does, even though what was her name, Miche about the Michelle record, which I didn't like. That wasn't like.
Speaker 2: I Love you with the Voce Yeah.
Speaker 1: Record. She was amazing all the way through like yeah, well into death Row and all that. But I feel like there was a But coming on, I my grew of friends for some reason with with Wu Tang. We My friend had an eighteen inch tall Wu tang w in vinyl on the back of his Honda Civic. That's how obsessed with my friends were that obsessed with Wu Tang and I was as a function of just being friends with all them. So that's a hard that's like the hardest thing that you're saying me for me. Both of the things we were formative, like they were important in my like coming of age and music or whatever.
Speaker 6: But the truth is that I probably listened to Dred's ship to n w A and dra ship.
Speaker 1: Does we Actually that's a does Dre When you say NWA, do you just mean nw A as a group?
Speaker 2: This is whatever crits here in your mind that you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, well, Dennis Wu Tang because there's only how many NWA records are there? Only three? I believe it was well, yeah, yeah, through record war if you want, if you reconcruit thing.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't count as an w A w see.
Speaker 1: It was like that's the one that's one oh one hundred miles months four But I but I yeah, but then Wu Tang you've got the Wu Tang records and you've got all their individual I listened to all those.
Speaker 2: If you do the individu well yeah, there as a group.
Speaker 1: Taking the shot. But he didn't answer. He was very confused. Yeah, I went, I go, Yeah, I go, and who would you? Oh? I think before n w A, I really liked hip hop and then n W came out and then I love hip hop. Wow, it was it was more. It was more than just hip hop.
Speaker 5: It was w A.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's how I felt. N W in Public Enemy did that there were a rock band.
Speaker 1: They had something to say. They were bold and they didn't give a funk, said the police. I was like, holy ship did say.
Speaker 5: That even in my opinion, like it.
Speaker 1: Was in I think it was your show that when you talked to Dre, he was talking about like he treated it like I mean, I don't think he knew at the time, but it was like he was actually creating a world, like he was like expressing himself. That's how he looks at it now as like a looking back at it. He talked about how he, you know, being creative, right, Like he wasn't like just oh here it is like this is how oh yeah, no, are He was like inventing this whole universe, right, and that's I think that's what we what resonated so much with us with the with.
Speaker 5: The Wu Tang thing that I don't know what's banned, but there was something that went viral somebody from a legendary rock band saying that he heard Wu Tang and it and he got something from it that he knows. Was it Stone Tiple, Pilots or I know, you think it was maybe more even older than them.
Speaker 1: Was it was John Chi?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like crazy, right because people are like they didn't gather that from what he was saying, but.
Speaker 2: He said that influenced them a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then with with Wu Tang, they were just especially Rizzo, was just doing unusual usual stuff.
Speaker 5: No, and the way they did when they came out, they like brought brought it back to the essence, dirtied it up, you know, and it was, Yeah, it was dope.
Speaker 2: When Tank came on the scene, all right, so we took a shot, right, we did.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can have this one, sir, Okay, okay, let's Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. Oh, Zeppeline, Damn I would have went pink Floyd.
Speaker 2: So why didn't you say that? Because I knew I was wrong. The Beatles are rolling Stone.
Speaker 1: Beatles for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you said yeah, just because I mean the animation, any interactions with these legends.
Speaker 1: I would take acid with the Beatles, like if like I've never take they won't take what you.
Speaker 2: Want to know we did with Jay you took acid.
Speaker 1: What we did, we did. We did the Grammys with Paul McCartney, Like, oh, but let's clear the room. Not on acid. Yeah, I'm gonna see the concert right there.
Speaker 2: Than you've been.
Speaker 1: And I can hear call me, like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: You just let them say we did that.
Speaker 1: That's one of those things where they'll edit together something. No acid with any but nobody. You look like you would be a good accid god. Maybe. Yeah, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: The hardest strugg you ever did you did okay once did not never never me neither.
Speaker 1: I don't want to please me though my hand. Either you've done.
Speaker 2: That's why you show show ones under the door.
Speaker 1: You've done cocaine before, right, that's why you drinking spark on the water the.
Speaker 2: Shirt that's cocaine.
Speaker 1: He was selling it. Actually I'm not going to I.
Speaker 4: Didn't want to say it earlier, but you definitely have the best shirt.
Speaker 1: On in the building. That's what you want shirt from the beginning, so that's even I was like, dam my, wife, that's the shirt I would like. I was like, in my mind, I was jealous.
Speaker 2: I was like that show I think I got in MAUI holy ship. Oh are you you want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, so we were talking about it was I was so into it.
Speaker 2: That you didn't do cocaine. Nobody believed, but you have done No, no, not yet. Damn a looper or push your tea.
Speaker 1: That's fucked up up. They're both incredible. If I if I feel like we just uh, a friend of us just we just who we just saw at lunch said oh, Mike like push us as high. So if not for that, I would probably be like taking it shot right now. But since I feel like it was an omen, I'm supposed to, so we go and push your tea. I mean Lupe didn't say hi, Okay, that was incredible. Made me want to take a shot. How about you? I had I had dinner once at Loope's mom's house, so I think I got to pick I feel like we got to get shot because of the confusion we have to make up.
Speaker 5: That's a bull shot. We're trying not to make you make your flight. Just lett, we want to keep you here. I'm sorry, I just we love you, an don't let's go. Let's see on some DJ ship executioners mm or the scratch Pickles.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can't do this thing where if we if we differ, we're going to take shots every time. Okay, Okay, the rules are written hot somewhere right, He's right. I don't know, I know, I know the scratch field pickles a little bit. The X Men executioners are that's Rob Swift, Okay, yeah, the clips and all. Yeah, so that's yeah executioners.
Speaker 2: The DJ sid over here, time to take a drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: If it wasn't for them to just like trying to one up each other. Yeah, back in the day, it's like each of them individually and as cruise are just.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, un incredible.
Speaker 1: I mean for people watching who don't know about that, Like I I didn't know about it when when I met Joe, he was the one who told me, oh, check this this battle out, check this DJ out like it was that was around ninety five ninety six, I think when it was really hot, like those those crews were innovating every few it felt like every month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and shout shout out to the Allies from out here. DJ Craze are Homie. They were part of that.
Speaker 1: That was like that was that the same generation or or slightly they were there were Yeah, they overlapped, but there who I mentioned were a little earlier executioners.
Speaker 5: Yes, Stress Pickles and Allies came shortly after and you had eight tracks that comes out of the Ally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 4: This this is absolutely one of my favorite questions on Quick Time Islam Analog or digital?
Speaker 1: I probably do digital? Really, yeah, I would have lost this. Yeah, I do digital because it's the it's what I'm the most familiar with. Like I'm I'm I like the sound of analog. It's it's there's nothing that can beat it. But in terms of the way I make music, if it if I was stuck the analog, i'd be I would I wouldn't be able to make what I make.
Speaker 5: It makes sense because because that's the way I was watching something about you guys, the way you would produce music.
Speaker 2: And He's from a group called Made, and it reminded me of you guys. You guys don't do it like a traditional.
Speaker 1: Where I'm familiar. We we we uh. They opened for for was it four minor? I opened for Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So I would see their process and it was in what I saw you guys is similar. It was like not a traditional band that jams out together like you guys are like with files and and put like you know, like sampling and the sampling self, you know, playing stuff and and it's dope.
Speaker 2: It's like hip It's basically like hip hop production.
Speaker 1: We learned.
Speaker 2: That's how I learned.
Speaker 1: I need a leak. We we got one of them.
Speaker 2: Why did you wake with two eyes?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know what to do it that week because you know why, I'm getting a music balk come getting like you know, like yo, listen you one of those like.
Speaker 1: You know, you know when Super Thug came out, Okay, we were like, oh wish we made that song. That's true, that's true. We were like it felt like a punk song. It felt like a rock song. There was so much energy doing so much Oh my god. I was like I was at the punk rock man. Yeah, I said that, I said, did you really say that? I really did, because you know what I like? I like the white people crowd do likenest. Did you see how happy I was yesterday? I'm like that.
Speaker 2: I did it twice, Iran.
Speaker 1: I like white people. White people, they're not a party.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm characterizing that and the most nonever. I like this partying man.
Speaker 2: Excuse I made a record my own boy.
Speaker 1: I came to party because I meant that.
Speaker 2: I like the party man, you don't like.
Speaker 1: The I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I have fun back on some DJ ship rock Raider rest in Peace, Mester J rest in Peace.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a tough one. So rock Raider, jem Mess That's tough, I get.
Speaker 7: I mean it's it's kind of like the n W A who tank questions, like different importance for different different eras. For me, when I decided, Hey, I want to be a DJ, I was like I was looking at rock creator M like he was instrumental for you, Like how do you.
Speaker 1: Do anything that he does? But but jam aster J came first, right, so like he I feel like DJ's later wouldn't have existed without.
Speaker 5: I think he was a big inspiration to turntablism to an extent, like the Jordan or Lebron question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's important different. So I differ with Joe.
Speaker 1: I'd go with jam aster j just because I wasn't a DJ, Like I didn't listen to it that way. I just he was the first time I heard somebody scratching records that I was like, oh, that's and he's yeah, yeah, that's true too. Yeah. But he was also he was doing the juggling like they'd wrap over the juggling, and that was just like he was like like it felt to me like he was inventing a new lane.
Speaker 5: Which there was a lot of DJs for groups that were doing that, but he was at that time run DMC was.
Speaker 1: Just the biggest. It went Proud Alive when he's just like, yeah, what's the track that the Live at the Funhouse?
Speaker 6: Right, isn't that the one where he does the big beat joke?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So for the people listening who don't know what that is, just most of you, go listen to.
Speaker 2: It, go do the research. Digging in the crates.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite ice question. That's Cuba iced team too easy easy for me, see, although I did fall out of love with Cube. For a moment when he did that Black Korea song.
Speaker 1: What's Black Korea? That was the that was the certificate. Yeah, that's a racist one. That was the one where he's making fun of Asian I'm half Japanese. He was making Asians and all of the Asians in l a friends and then do it like the supermarkets. Yeah. Yeah, for a moment, we all got mad at what Yeah you know, yeah, I think you were It was.
Speaker 2: The you were in.
Speaker 1: Okay, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Really he had a record it was it was Yeah, it was a questionable moment. Did he apologize?
Speaker 1: Did to make it right? I feel like he did a version of an apology, which I don't know if I was listening at that point, I think I think he kind of did, but I didn't. I wasn't checking for ice Cube and I came back.
Speaker 5: That's crazy because that's one of his best albums. The whole record is so good. I considered one of the best albums.
Speaker 1: Hip Conflicted. I was super conflicted. I was like, I love this record so much. On that record that was was a physical he was using slurs. Oh, okay, okay, ship I'm so not prepared for this conversation.
Speaker 2: He's like, I just want to go back to the white people.
Speaker 1: White one.
Speaker 2: I like white, sorry, like white non guns and roses are Motley Cruz.
Speaker 1: Oh that's guns and roses from me. Yeah, I said the same, I said guns and ruds.
Speaker 2: The name is guns and roses man.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because, like I said before, like when it when it that was hot, like when it was first, when it was as big as it could get. That was the time when I hated it the most because I was there was guns over our table, our table.
Speaker 6: Our table was listening to rap the other guys other table was the guns ru.
Speaker 2: What's ill about them?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 5: I remember I clearly remember the seeing Axle wearing the n w A had on stage.
Speaker 6: Back then, we didn't have Twitter, right, so like it could all just be like bullshit like that.
Speaker 2: Some kids said to me, well, even now, even worse, we don't know what's real.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. It's almost hundreds of information. I try not to let me just tell you something. I love Twitter. I go on there, fantastic, tell me more. Listen. I will take a picture of.
Speaker 2: Something that no one can hate on a white bunny rabbit.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll take that a white bunny rabbit and I post it and they'll be like, that bitch is ugly.
Speaker 1: You like, this ship makes me.
Speaker 4: So happy because I'm like, your life is not great, Like there's people out here who hate everything, and just remind yourself of that.
Speaker 1: So I will post a picture. I swear to God, there's nothing there's nothing wrong about this, right, I'll just post this.
Speaker 2: Somebody will be like, fucking bitch, your cup is ugly.
Speaker 1: Yo. Listen, now I can start my dad, like, I know that there's someone somewhere that hats for no reason.
Speaker 5: No usually they're happy as fuck, but they just their fucking.
Speaker 2: Twitter fingers say some bullshit. Twitter is the best.
Speaker 6: Actually, this is the thing that that I was thinking this.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this this morning because this show you to Get he goes, Yeah, it's loose you talk about about it's god damn, it's just banter. But it's it's looser than most. So I was thinking about that, and I was thinking about how one of the things that about the social media thing that that kind of that we don't ever talk about is the fact that with our so we've got a new a new lineup with our band We've got Chester Passed Away. We took many years off basically as a band, and then eventually we ended up meeting two new great members.
Speaker 6: We met a new singer named Emily and a new drummer, the girl Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when we eventually relaunched the band, we did it through a livestream show and they could hear like the instead of it being like us giving you a pr like press release statement or something, we just played music and we played a new song and they could see her singing the old songs, and just like everything else on the internet, people just jumped up and like everybody's gonna have Yeah, they're gonna have their opinion positive negative, and then also in the middle like they didn't they were still making up their mind. And what's been really interesting to see is we go through all the tour dates and more time passes, is you see like people who were like super haters in the beginning, all of a sudden they're like change their mind and now they're like at the shows and talking about it. And then other people who are like hearing that you're fucking stupid, like they get so mad. Internet it's total chaos. So I think That's one of the reasons why I don't go on much personally. They're talking about the thing that I love, Like I don't know this is actually this is a separate set. Good do you feel because this is almost like a question for another rapper, like do you feel as do you feel so so passionate about the things that you've made that if some they took it away from you and said you can never make another record, that you can never get in the studio, you can never rap again, you can never make like you want to somebody to do that you lost your voice, and can they do that to me? Now?
Speaker 5: I don't want to make another Bob Sorry, oh you don't want to make It's to me.
Speaker 1: Not being able to do Lincoln Park is like I have like a hole in like I'm missing a piece of my like like if you have not, I'm incomplete. If you have a peace of mind, don't go on Twitter. But I don't like my peace of mind right Like I I'm fucked up. Like I kind of like this negative ship because I'm from New York City.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know in New York City, negativity is positivity.
Speaker 1: Just use it in the right way. So this is my way.
Speaker 4: When I go on Twitter, I will take a picture. I promise you I'll take a picture like something innocent like this. And I know they're going to find a negative part of it, but some of though actually accurate.
Speaker 1: Some of them will be like you should have, you should have it's doubt this part. Did you look at it? You're like, yo, he's right. Criticism, criticism, it's.
Speaker 5: Fucking fucked up criticism. But so you've never been on Twitter? No I have, I haven't, And.
Speaker 1: Just just being honest with you, it's very dangerous. It's a lot more crazy like you sound like, like like Jerry Seinfeld, like when he talks about he was on some night uh late night show talking about his wife, like people don't understand, like when he likes something, it's because he can complain about it, like he's the miserable. Part is the part that he is.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen that.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. He said it better like I don't know, I don't I'm not in his mind. But that's it sounds like that he's in New Yorker too, right, Yeah, what's wrong with you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at them? Since you're happy, you know, I'm being honest, let me just tell you something.
Speaker 1: I haven't been in New York in a long time, but every now and then I fly to New York just to get negative and I just come back.
Speaker 4: I just I just need a little bit of some negativity in my life. And this is this is the safest way to receive it. Negativity.
Speaker 1: You just go to New York and you will be angry.
Speaker 2: It's like a negative song.
Speaker 4: You Even in Manhattan and the rich, they have a place called being Ares Road. I stayed pretty much down. Is that the restaurant that they touched it to you?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no, that's that's in Paris. That's no. No.
Speaker 5: But there's one in New York that I I mean, I saw doctor Spot.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: My people just being.
Speaker 1: Fast people love. That's what's the name of that little cafe cafe. It's not Cafe Habana.
Speaker 2: It's in Paris.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: No, this is like in in New York City. Talk ships to people.
Speaker 1: They're so that's their thing. At least it was. I don't I haven't been there recently, but they came down Cuban. You go in and the and they'd be like they just like point and you're supposed to know that they mean, go sit and you sit down and they're like, what do you want? And if you don't answer right away, they just walk away and like they get five stars because the food is so good that you'll put up with the beating in order to eat the food.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe that's that's a business idea.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: It's very New York though, Like I feel like there's well, no, I saw a documentary but a diner in Manhattan. But this is an old documentary, so maybe the spot's not around where they that you sit down and you look at the menu and then if you don't do anything in a cera amount of times, like get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they start screaming at you and talking shitt Okay.
Speaker 1: That's what you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you mean that's not going to ship.
Speaker 1: He's mean and if you if you don't comply to it, it's like he kicks you out. I mean you do that. It like Carnegie, that Carnegie Delli like right, my family there and he wait, wait, you tactically did that to my children.
Speaker 2: I was like mad at him. Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm not fucking with that. That ship dude.
Speaker 4: You guys are both from California. Yes, California. So you guys do not understand that New York Allison.
Speaker 1: We've been in New York. You know.
Speaker 5: You know what was my favorite group of all time from California? And they were dropping disc records? Who the Beach Boys?
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, you've said this, Like, I actually like his idea of this, go ahead. The Beach Boys was dropping disc records. Back then, East.
Speaker 5: Coast West Coast started with the Beach Boys, he says, the East Coast West Coast beach.
Speaker 1: You know, remember the records? Were they beating with the Beatles? No, they was like the Beatles. I was saying that they had a thing the Beatles and Beach Boys had.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, he's literally.
Speaker 1: Saying that was so tell me about this was like a creative competition, like who can make him more interesting? Okay, that's different than what you're talking.
Speaker 2: Do you you?
Speaker 1: I don't do I look like a beach boys type A gay an l A beach boy l A. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, have you been to Venice? Yes, my friend Alchemist, this is from Venice. I took a shot at him the other day.
Speaker 1: He sent it to me.
Speaker 2: He's like, what he's not from Venice. He has a studio in Venice.
Speaker 1: He has a studio.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's from Venice. I believe he's he's go back to the beach boys this and he's goot beach.
Speaker 4: Boys said, he's a He's like, could and make me from California.
Speaker 5: It's about the girls. All the pretty girls should be from California.
Speaker 1: How co dis respectful?
Speaker 2: So that's automatic shots fire?
Speaker 1: That was shot? Yes, then Tony, Tony, Tony did it? Said you had a No, you had.
Speaker 2: A better reason.
Speaker 1: You didna directly from the.
Speaker 2: Only one is connecting that.
Speaker 4: Right then, California guys been taking shot to the East coast for a long Yes, he was like, there's like it might be cold on the East coast, but on the southern tire of town it never rains in southern Coli. How you why you got to say this East Coast. We know we're freezing. We know that we're wearing Timberland's. This is not a fashion statement. This is actually because we're cold, sir, and they've been going at us, you guys with your nice weather.
Speaker 1: Let's finish quick. I'm sorry, I'm so happy man, I'm just being we're here here in Miami. I'm gonna take a shot to that Miami, definitely.
Speaker 2: He came accordingly.
Speaker 5: I do love the weather today, really really really I'm matching too, are we?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah in this lighting you are? That's fine?
Speaker 5: And you l a.
Speaker 1: Shot. No, no, he's no your rules. I love Miami, man, like, okay, black Sabbath or a C D C skips? No? What all right? I asked the question. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know the question is you said cypriscail or this but no, no, like sabath of a C D C.
Speaker 1: Is okay, pick cypresso okay, I don't know the wow, the one is black.
Speaker 2: Sabbath a c D a c DC for me, yeah okay?
Speaker 5: And the one we skipped is what he's saying, Rick Ruben or doctor Dre and I know you guys worked with Rack and we want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: That's so fun, I was, I.
Speaker 6: I said to somebody literally the other day who asked me name.
Speaker 1: I don't know. However, many of your favorite like the artists that if they didn't exist, you your music wouldn't exist, and that those were my first two things out of my mouth. Is Rick and then and then, like I said, I owned everything Dre had, But I think Rick was first, Like Rick was the first person that I went, oh, his name's on all these records, Like he was the first person that I paid attention to. I'd say it's definitely Rick because he's he's the He's the first person that made me wonder what a producer was.
Speaker 5: He made beats of slippers. I mean he we did records. We did a couple of albums with Rick.
Speaker 1: So our experience with Rick was very different than what you know, like the Beastie Boys experience would have been, like the stories they tell her that was young Rick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, he by the time you guys got a different, very different Yeah. And and he has like he has a book.
Speaker 1: He's a book full of his what's it called the Art of Creativity or creation or something, Yeah, I forget it, something like that. And I love that book. Like I think, like if you, for all the people that have never met Rick or watched Rick work, like if you took that book and just set it in your studio and every single day before you started working, if you just flipped it open and just read whatever it comes up on, if you just read a couple of pages of that. I feel like it'll set the tone in your mind, like a better way of thinking about being created. He's that good that it's like just by reading his words in the book that you're you'd be in a better position to make good stuff.
Speaker 5: For people who don't understand, because I've seen things where people try to criticize the way he produces, saying he doesn't actually play instruments, he doesn't know how to write music.
Speaker 2: What is his production stuff? How does he produce someone like you guys?
Speaker 7: I think for us it was a matter of us, like if you think about the first two records, theory of media, or to kind of go together like chapter one and two, like this is part of the pairing. At a certain point, we want to well, we were fans of recrubment and it's like, oh shit, like we can dig into his mind on hip hop and punk rock all that stuff. But what he actually ended up doing for us is getting to know us as people as artists and knowing that we had to get over a hump in more ways than one, and just help help guide us along.
Speaker 2: It's like it's very psychological with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well we needed to like reinvent the band, like we needed to be a different on our third record. If we had done the same thing that we did two albums, if we had done the same thing as the first two albums on the next one, then we'd be stuck doing that forever. So when we went to him, we said, he said, what kind of album do you want to make? And that's what we told him, is like, want to make something really different and this is why. And he went around the room and had each person answer, so he heard it from each person in the band, and then at the end of it he said, good, I'm glad you said that, because that is the way that I would want to work with you. Like if you didn't say that, I wouldn't want to work with you. This is the way, and I agree with you that that's the thing for your band to do. So we spent the whole time on that third record taking what we thought was the park. We were actually not. We were over on a street called Laurel Canyon. Did you know who Harry Houdini the magician? Do you ever know?
Speaker 6: Herebook stories about that? Actual Houdini had a mansion and.
Speaker 1: This house was like there was a tunnel that went to his health connected underneath to this other place. Did you just say actual actual?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this was across they were connected houses.
Speaker 1: I think it was like his mistress. So Rick owns. Rick owned, he doesn't anymore. He used to own that house. And we made our.
Speaker 2: Album in that house and house yeah with the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. By the way, that's the same place that like system of down he mentioned before and read Hot Chili Peppers, so you mentioned before, like all the people that worked with Rich, a lot of them worked at this house and there was there was good energy, good vibes whatever there. We went there and we did it, and that was the whole point, was to like get outside of our what's normal. We were used to make a record in a studio, so we went to this house and made a record in this house and everything felt very different. And at the end of the process, yeah, I think that the whole point was to learn more about who we were and who we wanted to be, aspiring to be right not we weren't there yet, but we wanted to be something that was bigger than what we were, and he helped us kind of point us in the right direct. It wasn't like here it is.
Speaker 7: It was more like, here's the direction and it's new, so go figure it it, go explore. Yeah, I think it was more important than producing that record at the time. It was unlocking these things that we had within us that we could just easily become trapped in. So it was almost like, Okay, go make the next record, but make as many records as you want.
Speaker 1: You guys ever worked at a lecture lady Jimmy Hendricks studio, I don't think so. If I did, it was like one day. I don't think I did, though, because it's like I'm mixing it up with that. No, I don't have it.
Speaker 4: It's a cat, that's that's there, and they say that's Jimmy Hendrix incarnated.
Speaker 2: Listen, I just did blood work.
Speaker 4: The first thing the doctor told me was you're super allergic to cats, Like I can't even be in the same But for some reason, this cat does not make me break out.
Speaker 2: It's Jimmy. I mean, did you answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Rick relaxed, buddy, all right? All right, Timblin or Farrell, isn't that like the what came first the chicken? And I don't know what came.
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: Timberland would have been first. Yeah, right, well I don't know because was working right, but we don't know. The thing is, I think that's they're very close. Let's just say they're in the same wee Lego Virginia, so oh we've seen that straight.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: It's very dope.
Speaker 7: I would say Timberland for me because there was a certain period of time or everything Timberland made like made such an impact that kind of helped me think a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Have you guys worked with Timberland. Don't know why. I feel like we think makes sense to.
Speaker 1: Me because Timberland worked on some of the J tracks, but also we did he did like submit a thing for that remix that one time. A yeah, he did, like off of hybrid theory. When we were doing a remix record called Reanimation. He Timberlin did send a loop and it was almost like I wanted it to be great, but everybody makes stuff that's like, you know, great to not great, and he I don't. I feel like he just put a thing, like put something in that was like maybe not cooked. It was more like it was almost like to see if we were interested. But it didn't feel like the record. It didn't feel like our records. I'd say I'll say Farrell though, just because of the scope, right, like with all this time, like Pharrell is still the he on his own and I think Chad, Yeah, I think Chad is a genius.
Speaker 5: I think we can never not say the neptune when we meant but if you but you said you said Forell for sure, I think Farrell on his own, like is it's super accomplished, incredible, It's incredible what he's what he's done.
Speaker 1: I feel like because it wouldn't be like a like a Tyler the Creator without him, right Forarrell? Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Metallica, Iron Maiden.
Speaker 1: Metallica Easy, Easy, But that was one of the best tours we did his tour with them. We've done a lot of shows with them, but we did a whole summer tour with them at one point and it was it was.
Speaker 6: Top top three tours that.
Speaker 1: We did with. Yeah, we spent the whole summer. Was it was like in the era of like just at the end of like the new metal thing, like they still had the long hair. They all the rock bands were out and then that was coming to a close and Metallica put it was them Limp Biscuit Us there and mud Vein and like and we since we were in the middle of the bill, it was it felt like we were underdogs a little bit. We weren't like we knew we were coming with like a really big show and just the performance like we felt we were on fire, like we were just fuck great and the fans loved our music. And so every single one of those shows we went and we killed like it was just so much fun. And then that and that's unusual for Metallica fan. I don't know if you know this, but their fans are their fans are can be very rude to their openers. They can you know, like they hit their fans. We we there was one show we saw this is a very common thing for their shows. Their fans will show up and turn their back to the ship to the performance and put their middle fingers and they'll throw beers at the stage while you're performing. And we didn't get any of that. It was incredible, So they didn't do it. They did not do that. Time Metallica get hot to thet. I just feel like I just feel like I think the day it was, it was. It was what you were saying earlier. There was always were beer.
Speaker 2: Now I see them on some.
Speaker 1: Jack Daniels or something like that. I just want to go back in time and then you need to be like an eighties glam rocknest you putt and glamor. I don't know, I don't know, but he wants to drink beers and like I want to, right, I want to bite it back head o snake that ship maybe a little earlier. I want to I want to back to the seven.
Speaker 2: I want to do all that ship like, like, I don't know, in my past life while I was white. I'm being honest, Yeah, you're I know, like like like you know.
Speaker 1: You know, I said everywhere like because because I'm like I love Jaeger and ship. That's really funny because I do like from my experience on tour, I do feel like jager is a very white liquor. Very I only think of I do only think of those tours where where yeah, you're in the middle of the country, this is the only only white people. That was our experience on a probably that that that oz Fest we played as all those all those exactly sponsored by right now, we we like, I think we like learned how to be a band on like a long how to show our know that they were all they were all getting drunk him waking up, drinking pedialyte like rehydrate and then going again every single day.
Speaker 2: That was the ivy of the time.
Speaker 1: Again, like I said, think we were more focused on like building our band and like being a little more. We were focused. It sounds like you guys are so that was not our environment. We had to learn to go in there and like win those crowds over. We had to learned how to like.
Speaker 2: You know, so Ozzy Osbourne never came to he was like.
Speaker 1: Some I don't think he ever. I don't think they came. I don't think, by the way, that's not I'm not I'm not like making fun of Ozzy. I'm just saying that was their tour. They I didn't see him once, like I really, he didn't come hang out. They were the headliner. Yeah, I hear, he's I hear. They're all perfectly nice, like but he comes.
Speaker 5: I've seen some interviews seem likelish people.
Speaker 2: They live forever, so like vampires. I don't think it's I don't.
Speaker 4: Think anybody from Britain dies like enough, like right, like they get high, they get.
Speaker 2: British, you bring ship.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be good to know you. He's gonna gonna be.
Speaker 2: Honorable mention before we passes.
Speaker 5: When Iron Maiden by Far, I think has one of the best mascots ever in Eddie.
Speaker 1: That's a great point.
Speaker 5: Like I love their mascots though, and I never have an opportunity to say that. That is funny because like.
Speaker 6: That character when I was young, when I was little, like it scared the hell out of me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it was a terrifying character. Yeah, and my crew we created it. We have a character for crazier productions. It's kind of based on that a little bit. The next Styles of Beyond or Demigods.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's kind the same thing.
Speaker 2: You're taking a shot, I mean.
Speaker 5: Cheers.
Speaker 1: I mean I never kind kind of a I don't think so. I think I mean shout out to Demigod's no style of.
Speaker 5: All right, no, take the last one. So that's the last last one. It's my favorite. Loyalty or respect? Right, I heard you ask this? Yeah, somebody said, uh, somebody said on one.
Speaker 1: Of your episodes about like you could you could pay somebody to be loyal, but you can't pay them to respect.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 1: I thought that was wise. I think I think you have to earn respect, so I pick respect. I'm very confused by the question.
Speaker 2: I like that, I like that ask you should be What part of the question confuses I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think they're just kind of you.
Speaker 2: Could you say both? And that's why I think it should be just both.
Speaker 1: I think they're interfined, you know, because why wouldn't you want both?
Speaker 2: I'm honestly with you. Go ahead continue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't bet. You can't have one without the other.
Speaker 2: You could.
Speaker 1: You can make in the in the most genuine way, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, genuinely right, Yeah, and we're talking.
Speaker 1: About being genuine, right. Yeah. It's hard to answer.
Speaker 2: So you got to drink. We're drinking.
Speaker 4: Yes, he said both, honestly, one of the greatest answers ever. Like how you said it, because I believe that, like I believe one coincide with the other.
Speaker 1: That's why I always say both, drink.
Speaker 2: Drink.
Speaker 1: Just said.
Speaker 2: I've said this earlier.
Speaker 4: Because for me hip hop it's a very limited not not I don't want to say limited, but.
Speaker 2: It's a certain mountaintop.
Speaker 4: H I want to take Biggie's line and say that you ever think rock and roll will go this fall?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like rock and roll is like.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just saying where rock and roll comes from to be clear, you know what the ultimate and this is gonna sound crazy and I know my fans, so I'm gonna I'm gonna say it the proper way, but one of our ultimate goals in hip hop is to get inducted in the rock and roll hold.
Speaker 2: When hip hop needs its own. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think that's weird. But what I'm saying is it's an honor.
Speaker 4: It's an honor like l L Like when we find out l L crop Quest is getting inducted into it right now, shout out to outcasts and so on. Pepper who yes, like salut. But so that's it's in a certain way saying we respect rock and roll. Yeah, so what do you say about that?
Speaker 1: Well, I've always said I've always said that I I got into hip hop through the back door in terms of my career, Like I could have.
Speaker 6: Just like a little way of like explaining it is.
Speaker 1: When I first started like making my own songs and then Joe and I would make songs together, I had met the guys from Styles of Beyond through our mutual friend Double seven, and they they I realized I could go that path and like start making rap records and like trying to break in. And then at the same time we had this rock rap electronic like with this weird mashup thing going on with the band that started to happen, and I realized, Oh, that's like a way that I could rap and express that part of who I am, but do it in a really creative and different at the time, very different way. And so I could be I could get into that scene and like meet rappers that I admired and work with different people through this like back door. So so yeah, for me, it was very much like I never thought. I never thought that that would lead me to where to all the thing, to jay Z, to you know, Rick Rubin and all the things we talked about today. I didn't that wasn't like doing.
Speaker 2: The most hip hop ship. Yeah, at a point, right and.
Speaker 1: At a certain point like influencing influencing hip hop kids to try other things, like to try other styles. That's true. Like people who come up to us of the show case you want to I'm good. I mean, you know you gotta a great host. I'm sorry, you're good. No, but it's it's it's you know the now there's so there's really no like boundary between genres at all. Like everything, virtually everything I listened to, I wouldn't call it a genre anymore. I wouldn't call it rock. I wouldn't call it any It's just music. So that's the type of music I like. And we're at a point where almost everything is that way. Like the biggest records in the world are usually records that are like blending lots of different Do.
Speaker 2: You think that's always positive that there is?
Speaker 1: Maybe not? I mean, because people can be a tourist like that. The saddest part for me was when we were doing when we were getting started and we realized that there are groups who are doing adding hip hop elements just because like, oh, now we've got scratching on this, Oh we're rapping on this. But the guy felt he's never listened to a rap record in his life. He's rapping on this track, Like that's the type of thing that we when we were making music, we thought that was really corny, But now that doesn't really happen. Like now everybody's heard everything, you've got access to everything in the world.
Speaker 2: You put your verses next to jay Z.
Speaker 6: I mean, to be able to be on a record with him at the time, that was like a you know, like I.
Speaker 4: Didn't realize how once you were like like on that level with him. I was listening to it today and I was like, wow, you really put this solf.
Speaker 6: But I feel like my best verses are not those verses at all.
Speaker 1: The other way. Yeah, you understand how like how that could have been tooken, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The wrong way people could have just been But that that lets you know that like that's really hip hop in you you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes yeah, I mean, do you consider yourself or not in terms of being Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, like that's what That's how I started. Like I don't even like we joke because I sing on the on the new record, which by the way, I keep pointing here, but it's like, actually on the I keep pointing at the why do they keep pointing out here on the new record, Like I sing a bunch? Of course I'm still rapping a ton, but I sing a bunch. And in spite of that, I don't usually call myself a singer because I do think of myself as a rapper.
Speaker 2: First, God, damn, let's talk Grammys.
Speaker 1: You guys two.
Speaker 4: Grammys nominated six times. I'm so I do have one on one on my own. You got one on you right now. You just get my own, but have one.
Speaker 1: I just want to clear. I just will be clear.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it right now. I never liked to do I gotta know I did.
Speaker 1: I did ie one just a couple of years ago for this like remix thing that I did that it was it was a they had a category for a remix and I did the remix. And oh it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's funny that you didn't want to like you felt like we're like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, bringing it up, and I don't. Yeah, yeah, how does that feel? We actually, well, you can scull. You got two.
Speaker 2: Grammys, your Grammys.
Speaker 7: How do you feel that we did We didn't finish answering one of the earlier questions, bring back into it, that's what question.
Speaker 2: And if anybody has to take a pistous, you've been drinking a lot of water. Here appreciates you. Just get up and go take a pistole. No problems.
Speaker 7: But you asked us about doing something with the Beatles. Okay, so we did Collision Course with Jay and part of that climate around that time was danger.
Speaker 1: MOUs did the Gray album. The Gray Album, which is the Beatles.
Speaker 7: And then we're like, okay, they're asking us to perform because we're nominated, which is a good sign that something might happen. And then we're like, how do we top this off? And we're like, oh wait, what if we get a Beatle? So we ended up bringing Paul McCartney out.
Speaker 1: On the song. But the crazy, but the crazy part was that we asked him. We came up with the idea like okay, well this brings it full circle right like this this by the way, I can stop you for a second. Please remember I just loveys.
Speaker 2: It's just so nonchalantago the most legend.
Speaker 1: Sitting there. My heart is like this and you guys are talking about the most legendary ship in the most common way.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Please continue.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say the the.
Speaker 7: Ward itself is great, but like the experience of doing that right, it allows you to do these things and that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: And on top of that, you know, we asked we had done the Collision course thing with Jay. We did a couple performances, like we had gone on stage with him a couple of times. The record was did what it did. It was great, people really liked it, and Jay was ready to Jay was starting retirement. He was retired, so we had the idea to do this like full circle, like, oh, the mashup thing is was big. Now it's coming to a close, and so let's do let's bring it back to the beginning of it and do something with Paul McCartney and Jay.
Speaker 6: And so first we went to Paul's people and.
Speaker 1: Asked if he would be interested, because if he's not going to be interested, then the conversation's over. But he said yes, We're like okay, cool. And then we went to Jay and said are you interested and they said no. We were like what and obviously shocked, and they were like, no, he retired, Like he's not making music anymore, he's not going to get on stage. He just wants to be the he's doing the Deaf Jam thing. He's just going to do that. Yeah. Yeah, he was the president of Deaf Jam and he just wants to be the executive, not an artist. And so for us we were like no, you don't understand, like this is it's a big deal, it's the Grammys, it's Paul whatever. So eventually they they he made an exception because it was such a big thing that he made an exception.
Speaker 2: That's a huge thing.
Speaker 1: Huge.
Speaker 6: And then we I mean we had to like, you know, plead our case.
Speaker 1: And then we go to the the rehearsals for it, and the way this man Paul McCartney like Sir Paul right, he's a knight, ye, he's literally Sir Paul McCartney. The way this man comes in and talks to people and acts, I kid you not, like we did the rehearsals, camera blocking and what just practices. And he came off the stage and he saw this guy standing against the wall like he was holding a broom. He was just kind of like staring, and Paul leaves everybody and goes over there and just has like a one on one conversation with a man who's literally the janitor, and he sat there and talked to him for ten minutes. Just made that guy's whole life like it was. It was like you see stuff like that and you go, that's how to be right, that's like this is the man's he's giving us a lesson in like, if you were to ever even conceivably be a portion as famous and important as he is, Like this is how you treat people.
Speaker 5: You'd hope he'd be like that because the era that they came up in and the whole like hippie movement, they were about that, like they were freeness, you know, Like, yeah, so you would hold that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the way. That was the experience. I got dope.
Speaker 2: That's dope, that's legendary.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I I just I'm blown away that you guys came. He man, like, I'm really so ecstatic and happy because guy's a legends.
Speaker 1: Man. Thank you guys are out of this fucking world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, accoladesia things that you've done in this and the fact that you came to drink Champs and he's gonna drink Japanese whiskey with me and I.
Speaker 2: Did not know you was Japanese.
Speaker 5: By the way, there is there any hip hop artists past and today actually both that you you guys would.
Speaker 2: Love to like do a collab with.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so many, so many will give me like a top five listen, Yeah, my top five of what comes to mind? Uh, beast Boys comes to mind? Wu Tang comes to mind. Kendrick Tyler Tyler the creator. Actually yeah, Andre Andre three thousand, Wow, Yeah Andre. I most recently Andre like came I was on. I was like, just I had it on random in my phone and that's this Andre song with Rick Ross came on. I don't remember what song it is. But Andre's verses like, it's so crazy is that one that ends with that? The fan comes up and it's just boring, boring really like the whole idea being he pours his heart into these verses and then doesn't really care.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, one of the all time.
Speaker 5: He's incredible. No, I really seen Andre playing the flute by himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you actually witnessed him in physically in Brooklyn. Nah, sold, did you ask for a female female artist on my list? Let me, I should put a female artist, Like, that's that's fair, that's fair. Well made you add to femal well to the group. If I made a female only list, then it would be let's oh, that's a good point. Well let's just say female rappers, because I'd put I put I put Lauren near the top. Yeah, actually I loved Digga dude. You know, yeah, Jean Gray, I could hear Jane Gray. I like that.
Speaker 2: Really, So, who is the top five female?
Speaker 1: I don't know, this is not this is not my top five ever. This is just like just comes to mind. I remember what. I also remember when I was a kid, I heard Queen Latifa for the first time. I was she's so confident and she's not like selling sex and she's not selling that. She's like a real I don't know, she felt like a like a yeah, she felt like a role model.
Speaker 2: That was three she is.
Speaker 1: Where are we at rod Digga? Oh? Yeah, she was?
Speaker 5: Really I think I can hear you for lol so que for lower Hall?
Speaker 1: What about that? What's the other two? Allien girl? Oh? I think it's bas isn't it.
Speaker 2: I should have said said she's Andre two.
Speaker 1: Thousands of she's crazy.
Speaker 5: She's Andre meets title the Creator, but better as a as a female. You know, like, yeah, I like that, Yeah, I agree with you. Yeah, I agree with my my my friend event totality. That's a big word for me to use. Spell it never.
Speaker 1: But right here us for right he owes one more two more more more female?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Who with Joe. I have to look at my phone. You got start your list. I feel by like hard Driver is like, yeah, it's Radio range because I love Lady of Rage who wraps? Yeah, he's dope? Are you googling ship now? I'm just looking at my this is my playlist, like it's not a real Okay, I got all kinds of playlists. Who's new? Like?
Speaker 2: And I'm sure there's a ton of doble artists that we're not thinking of right.
Speaker 1: Now, many so many.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a lot of good ones of course, Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, you gotta pick.
Speaker 1: What you want. Those just dope. What do you think? Joe? What do you talk about? Who? Who do you want to?
Speaker 4: Lots of y'all. I just wanted to throw this out there. It is also a great coffee shop, Mike and Joe's.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, wait, I.
Speaker 2: Want to go to Michael Joe All that a cup of Joe? I want you gotta go turntables there too. It's got to be like a high five, like it's a spinal bar. Yeah, that's a coffee shop.
Speaker 1: I want to go.
Speaker 2: I'm in let's go. You want to take a drink to?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I want to take a drink to that, Yes, so I got.
Speaker 2: A poor again guy.
Speaker 1: Man, did see the line that people are you don't get to drink right my drinks already?
Speaker 2: No bro, you're not ready man, A right, no problem, bro, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just came from Tampa doing five ka.
Speaker 5: He ran all the way from Tampa and then you got a right here what you got?
Speaker 1: The running thing is crazy? You know. I wish I could. I Like you, remember you said the thing about being allergic to cats.
Speaker 6: I grew up with asthma. I was super allergic to cats.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: You were allergic to running. I'm allergic.
Speaker 1: That's about taking his answer. That's much funnier I had. I had like asthma all the time. So like running running, like maybe it's like you the harder, the guy with the used to be opposed to be. But I've got like scar tissue in my lungs. So like breath control on stage, damn is a thing. I always have to be very how I'm doing in terms of like I'm in my mind as I'm performing, I'm thinking like, okay, am I am? I running on empty a little bit? Like slow down a little bit so you have enough to you versus where it is blank. That's your okay, all right, but it's it's super good for as.
Speaker 2: Super that's what they said. It cures as well.
Speaker 1: Here's it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest, man, don't don't us appreciate you brothers for coming here. I appreciate you brothers for doing this. I'm going to take another shot with you. Okay, this is Japanese whiskeys. Do not know that you are Japanese? Japanese you know that this is a slang. It's a yeah, why have you been to Japan?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm assuming you have, but like how is like have you followed your roots in Japan? Like do you have family that?
Speaker 1: It's funny, I've never been to this the town in Korea. I've never been to the town where I don't even know. If I didn't, I knew this town where my family came from, which is it's down He's mister, by the way, I love when I grow up.
Speaker 2: I love. Wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my family is from down South, which is more close to there Miami literally literally yeah, the it's more humid, it's former like fishing villages and stuff like that. That's where they were from. I haven't been there. My brother, a brother. He went down there, told me everything is okay.
Speaker 2: I was number one in in ok Now for seven years?
Speaker 1: What they called me?
Speaker 2: Wait what number one?
Speaker 1: I was?
Speaker 2: I was what song? He's saying what song?
Speaker 1: What? What? What? What?
Speaker 5: From that until was it because of the military base or was it the local population?
Speaker 2: That's a great question, you know that.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, Okinawa, that's a big US military base.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's a great question.
Speaker 4: And you know what, people that's traveling outside of the US that you still want.
Speaker 5: To actually be a part of the US. All you have to do is tap into the fucking military, which is a big problem for over there. Locally, there's a big issue. There's there's the issues there with the base and things.
Speaker 6: Is a World War two thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't have recently. This is for a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's like they're trying they would like the base to leave. The local population's issues. Get that was with the soldiers we played.
Speaker 1: So we played down there. We played down there one time. It's really funny to play down there because in Okinawa, I don't remember the name of them, but but we played near a base and the local Japanese population is much shorter than the white Marines or whatever. They are like soldiers there, and so the crowd looks like it looks like this, like these are the short Japanese and to be taller than regular We played that show and it's like there's five Japanese people this tall, and there's one white guy that's this tall, and it's just the entire crowd. You got these white heads like sticking out because that's that's who lives there. It's like all these Japanese people who are shorter and then white people who are taller. There's a funny show in Korea. Have you have you?
Speaker 2: Have you guys had a chance to play, like yeah, we just.
Speaker 7: We played Korea last October, right, that's part of our launch hitting into many places and different continents around the world.
Speaker 1: And then we just played two nights in Tokyo.
Speaker 2: And you have been able to follow your roots and like go to uh no, not too deeply.
Speaker 7: Most of my family moved to the States, so you got no family with or nothing, just some distant relatives.
Speaker 1: He's American, dude, what do you what are you to do right now? Listen? I went a cube, I followed my roots it's hard for me to go to Africa. I'm sorry too, Ferto Rican. We don't even know where to go.
Speaker 2: It's called.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 6: It was funny when we were talking about about super Thug.
Speaker 5: Really, what was your what was your so? What was your experience with Pharrell? How did that unfolded? I love how you switched it on me. I respect you so much. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Because now that I've had so much historical moments in my life, I could actually see one of the early ones, and I could see how I saw it that day.
Speaker 2: Pharrell was destined to be who is going to be?
Speaker 1: Is going to be Chad? You going as well? But when he gave me that CD and.
Speaker 5: He said, don't listen to this ship until you get to Miami, and I did it, and I said they can't hotel.
Speaker 2: When I listened, I just knew.
Speaker 1: That life. I just knew it.
Speaker 4: I just heard it, and I wrote this ship immediately, and I went right back to New York Right Track Recording Studios, forty seventh Street. Believe Madison, I don't. I don't know if it is. And I went and I recorded that whole track straight but.
Speaker 2: You got it in Miami, right to beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because the reason why I say is because I always wanted to.
Speaker 1: Get Miami is no no no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: Sonically, when he came out with Super Thug, we hadn't met yet.
Speaker 2: No, no, I did because I met you. I met you was on the CNN run.
Speaker 5: But still when he came out with that record, the bounce on it felt very Southern, very relatable, very like that bounce like, it felt that bounce was there, and I was like, oh, that's not coming out of New York and and he was doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I live in the South, so you're one. I have a funny. I have a weird I think the first time I ever like so we we going way back to like the first record. It was probably before we ever got signed. We're probably just doing demos at this point. My friend, do you remember buzz Tone Records? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I had a friend who worked at buzz Tone and he invited me to a couple.
Speaker 2: Of sorry, you just got a shot.
Speaker 1: I got a shot. It's just like just because let's do it.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm in.
Speaker 1: To buzz town calling them people bro and dude. For a whole week, we land and grow. I can't tell if you're if you're from l A or if you're just like a millennial. It's like Jen Alpha, I let christ you gotta work for the roll and I'm like, I'm like, I'm like, I've been white for a week. I've been full flazed.
Speaker 5: White, full fledged all right, So okay, so I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: So we were we were not signed or whatever, just like trying to get experiences and my friends said, come to this video shoot just for fun. And I think the first one I went to was a funk dubious shoot do with was in the was the feature with? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They had this random bab pop that wasn't on their album though I think it was was it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was at the video.
Speaker 5: Shoot for Poppy Chulo, but that that record albums though, I was like, is and Corrupt was so was one of those season that time like coming out.
Speaker 1: So I did. I went to that. I was like, oh, you know, Chris can I got it like any other Later, I was like, any other video shoots coming up that I could go to, and he said, yeah, he has one for the Alcoholics coming up. I was a big alcoholics fan, so he's like, you know, Lincoln Park had kind of started happening, and so he's like, can you get can we get? You got the dude from the singer from this band called Deftones that we love Chino was gonna be in it. We got you And he's like, have you heard of this student named Pharrell? And I was like, yeah, I think so. He was kind of newer at the time, like I wasn't super familiar, and so there it's a super weird track. I don't even know if it's still like if you could put up pull it up on YouTube or Spotify or whatever. But on YouTube you'd see that the video had a cameo by me. I think there was somebody else and Chino from Deftones and Pharrell playing as the house band at this like frat party that Jay Row and Tash are like rapping at. It was the weirdest shit, Like even this here here come out of my mouth, I'm like, who fucking who put this together? Like if you did this ten years later, it'd be like a very expensive video. But at the time everyone was just kind of like starting to like their careers were all started, except for the Lecks, the legs were all already established. That's why that was their song. You guys ever did anything with the Alcoholics? No, No, I don't think i've even that day. I didn't really meet. I think i'm that.
Speaker 5: I think I talked to for Like, can I connect y'all for future? I mean, because is on it right now? He's killing it really. Yeah, they're coming out with the Doggs, coming on a new album. Like I would love to connect y'all. I love the alcoholic Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I have so many notes, but I know you guys got a flight. Look, I haven't thank you. I really want to thank y'all because think about it, we're all one. I love doing these type of these type of interviews.
Speaker 1: I love. I love, like, you know, connected with people that don't know that we're connected. And I want to thank you once again. Man gave them their flowers.
Speaker 5: Take these great pictures, right, and if you want to take us some champagne whishes, I'll take some champagne.
Speaker 1: Take some champagne. Sorry, singer Emily's birthday coming up tomorrow, so we'll take some.
Speaker 5: I don't know if she'll drink it, but shout out to shout out a little man, yes, yes, yes, please you.
Speaker 2: Put it in your luggage. Luggage oh so out? Okay, well Lincoln motherfucker park makes some everybody here has memory. Thank you, fellow, Thank you so much, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple, Pod, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mineus at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com