Speaker 1: I love my blacks. It's one more thing. That's what Trump looks said famously, that's where are the black folks? I love my BLACKSNA to find a different way to phrase that, we're gonna tip our cap toward Black History Month, but after that for dessert, to keep you around.
Speaker 2: The very first YouTube video ever, it's the anniversary of YouTube launching. Wish I had by the time machine and go back and invest in YouTube or something, or start a YouTube that's better, start a YouTube channel doing something because people got in early on that stuff made lots of money.
Speaker 1: Helps to be first in Yeah, for sure, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe guitar lesson? Guitar lessons are big ones. The guys that got in earlier, not even particularly better than anybody else. They got like five million followers, they print money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I suppose I could do something like that. I don't know, reviewing golf equipment for the everything. Absolutely that would work. Yeah, huh, I wish anyway. Uh so, uh. It is Black History Months, which we don't generally pay attention to around here. Black folks have been part of American history all the time and ought to be highlighted when it's appropriate twelve months a year. It's kind of a sop to the activist crowd to designate a month. But anyway, that's my opinion. President Trump celebrated advice surrounding himself with a bunch of black people who really really like him, and it was kind of amusing in a Trumpean way. Here's the parsident himself and Clip sixty Michael.
Speaker 3: I love Nicki Mina.
Speaker 1: She was here a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: So beautiful, her skin, soup beautiful, I said, Nikki is so putiful. Her nails, her nails like that long, I said, I said, Nikki, are they real? She said she didn't want to get into that, but she was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: What's so great?
Speaker 3: And she and she gets it, you know more importantly, frankly, she gets it.
Speaker 1: I gotta take a breath. He is entertaining, he is he's good at that. He's done that.
Speaker 2: He's done so much of that in his life. Oh, various fundraisers and you know, sales conferences and.
Speaker 1: Just banquets, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. Well he he had a number of folks to approach the mic and uh and just speak from their hearts. Don't let anyone tell you that this president right here, Donald Trump is not for black America.
Speaker 2: No text on tips has been an amazing blessing for me. President Trump has been an amazing blessing for me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear none you got to say about their racist stuff, and don't be looking at me on the news.
Speaker 2: Hate knowing me because I'm.
Speaker 1: Standing up for somebody. Doubt the man's back.
Speaker 3: Let him do his job.
Speaker 1: Who is that? That was for Leegia Cook. We've got a little longer form of her screen. Here we go. I love him.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear none you got to say about the racist stuff.
Speaker 1: And don't be looking at me on her news. Hate knowing me because I'm standing up for somebody that deserves to me. Stand up, going, get off the man's back, Let him do his job. He's doing the right thing. Buck up off of me. And Grandma said it. Wow, she was fiery. Wow. Could I hire her to be my defender? I need Joe Gett. It's trying to tell you what's happening in the world. Back off it. Wow, that's hilarious. Sobody you like, like you know Obama or or Biden or whatever, just randomly selected folks. Here's here's the microphone. Yeah, I think you're doing a terrible job. You're an awful president. Of course you bring fans, of course. Oh I love Granny. We got to play that for the radio show tomorrow. That's too good. How many years ago did YouTube start? Michael twenty one?
Speaker 2: Can I wrap my head around what that means that YouTube started? So they were just a website at that time?
Speaker 1: Or was it an app? YouTube dot com? There were no apps at that time. It's two thousand and five and it's just a website.
Speaker 2: A smartphone didn't come out till two thousand and seven, so wasn't it an app?
Speaker 1: It was a website. Okay, you dial it up on your computer. There were other places to watch videos. What was unique about YouTube? I don't know.
Speaker 2: But this is the first video they ever had. What's a I'll look up thus that amazing stat of how many videos are added to YouTube every single day while we're listening to this, but this is the first YouTube video ever. Do we need any setup on this, Michael.
Speaker 1: Uh No, it's basically it's the co founder at the zoo. All right, So here we are one of the elephants. What these guys spent?
Speaker 2: They said, they have really really really long.
Speaker 3: Trunk. That's cool, and that's pretty much all.
Speaker 1: This an idiotic take in awful audio, and it launched an empire. He was saying, did you catch that amazing thing about elephants is they've got really, really really long trunks.
Speaker 2: I can't resist this, give me more, I said, first of all, I'm signing up for premium.
Speaker 1: Secondly, yeah, but what was.
Speaker 2: The event that really launched YouTube? It was in their first video, but it was the thing that really put them on the map. Everybody was going to YouTube. Oh then the nip slip from the super Bowl. Everybody wanted to find that and they became aware, Oh there's a platform that has whatever the hot video is called YouTube. Yeah, the nip slip really really launched you tube for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Wow, her areola ought to be worth billions now. Janna Jackson's the figures on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Currently twenty million videos are added daily to YouTube, twenty million a day. If you want to break that down, that's blah blah blah blah. You put that twenty million figure into perspective. We can go to by time that doesn't make sense though. Sorry, chat GPT, you gave me one of those numbers that doesn't make any sense anyway.
Speaker 1: That's a lot per hour day. But the twenty million a day. Wow. Of course it's globally, but wow, it's incomprehensible obviously.
Speaker 2: And being first in or the first one to grab people's attention, as we were just talking about earlier, is just so big in the world of online there's no particular reason. I don't think that YouTube's bigger than a lot of other platforms doing roughly the same thing, but don't make a difference. I go to YouTube because I just same reason. You know, you buy Kleenex.
Speaker 1: I guess that's the good enough principle. I think you're on it, you like it, it's good enough, and so you stop searching for alternatives.
Speaker 2: My son and I I have the premium account, so there's no ads. So my son and I were sharing my account. But the problem is that he didn't like my algorithm for stuff that I like, and I didn't like his searches interrupting my algorithm. I was getting all kinds of stuff about dinosaurs that I just don't need. So he started doing his own YouTube searches, putting up with the ads just so we can keep our algorithms separated. They need to have a like they don't have a thing, at least I'm aware of it, like Netflix, where you can have one subscription. But you know, I got an account and my kids have an account all of their own feeds.
Speaker 1: That would be helpful, right, That would be helpful on YouTube because the other they wouldn't make as much money though.
Speaker 2: Right right, You're right, that is probably the thing, and YouTube is a lot more inelastic than.
Speaker 1: Your streaming services. I'm guessing, depending on what your lifestylele will pay what they need to pay. Now a lot harder to live without YouTube, at least to me. Yeah, yeah, I would agree. I'm a big fan. Yeah yeah, I'm on it all the time. Tell you what. When I'm done with my newses and the work for the day, and I've been recording a bunch of music lately, But if I'm tired and i just want to space out and enjoy something, I'll go to the TV. And I would say, you know, I've got most of the streaming services most people have, but fifty percent of the time, maybe even more, just end up on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah. So if you're old enough you can remember the time. He was an old joke.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I got one hundred and eighty six channels and there's.
Speaker 2: Nothing to watch. You just flip through, flip through through, and it couldn't find anything watch. That never happens with Instagram or YouTube because it knows what I like. And I can open up YouTube right now and it's gonna be able to stream me until I get you know, have to go to the bathroom or get hungry, two of things that I'm interested in. When I used to flip through all the channels and couldn't find a single thing I'm interested in, YouTube has got me all kinds of things. It's something for better or worse, and every conceivable interest. I have a buddy who got into.
Speaker 1: Geological something or other from the like the Ice Age and how that changed the American West because he drives around the West a lot. He's retired now and he's just so you just watch video after video after video about you know, how the glaciers came down and scraped this and it left and unprecedented in the lake there in the mountains and blah blah blahy just for whatever reason he got into it. Then he would go drive and look at it and rubbish chin wow wow, and then he'd go watch another video. You know, guys, back in two thousand and eight, we played this clip, Hello YouTube on my cockaby.
Speaker 2: It's when politicians didn't quite know what to do, but the knew they were supposed to get on here.
Speaker 1: How to use it? Yeah, hello YouTube, Hello YouTube on my cockaby. That was a little clunky. That's funny. I have never for a second thought about I need some political content. I'm going to YouTube. No, that's funny for what we do for a living. No, now, they just force it down our throats and the ads.
Speaker 2: I uh, I don't have anything in my algorithm that's politics at all.
Speaker 1: No, No, who wants that?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, people I know who get up every single day and stream nothing, scroll nothing but political content, usually really wacky, untrue political content. But I know a handful of people that scroll that stuff constantly. Maybe it's because what we do for a living, But I got no appetite for that.
Speaker 1: Later in the day, Oh, last thing I want. The thing about giraffes is they got really really uh really long neck. Uh huh wow.
Speaker 2: From that to twenty million downloads a day.
Speaker 1: Wow uploads. How many of those twenty million downloads are people getting kicked in the crotch? Though about half I'd say so. Well, I guess that's it.