Speaker 1: It's the Best Bit of the Week with Morgan two.
Speaker 2: She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: Let's up, everybody, Welcome to the Best Bits Part two. You're here to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show. And if you're here, I hope that means you are safe and warm amid all the craziness across the entire country with weather right now.
Speaker 4: And if you're here and maybe.
Speaker 3: You're not safe and warm, then I hope you are able to get that this weekend.
Speaker 1: So please take care of yourselves.
Speaker 3: I do appreciate anybody who's hanging out and listening to the show. Make sure you check out Part one Part three this weekend. It's with Abby. In part one, we share all about our ice storm adventures and the things that happen, as well as Abby's trip to Denver for the Broncos game. In part three, we always answer it listener questions. If you want to get into it and catch up on the show, then stay right here.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: There's a museum that's going to exhibit personal failures, so people can go check it out and see people put their personal failures on display.
Speaker 1: People to check out.
Speaker 3: It made us all talk about the things in our lives that we may display in this particular exhibit, like our own personal failures. Something that comes to mind for me is the time that I had to sing on this national radio show. Not for blind karaoke or anything fun like that. No, no, no, because there was once upon a time where I thought I wanted to be a singer.
Speaker 1: It got word to the show and then I had to perform.
Speaker 3: If you know, you know, please don't go look for that YouTube.
Speaker 4: Video number seven.
Speaker 5: I want everybody to think about their worst failure and I'm gonna come to you. I've listed out what I think you should put up. But there's a new museum that is launching in Vancouver. It is the Personal Failure Museum, where they have invited people to put up the idea of their biggest personal failures. Their tagline as failures Wanted. It's a bit therapeutic and you can also see other people see you don't feel.
Speaker 4: So alone in yours.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: I think it's fun and so.
Speaker 1: It sounds fun.
Speaker 4: It is fun because we only see Instagram.
Speaker 5: It's like everybody and you go through Maybe you don't feel as stupid when you see other people failing to too. So I can list you some. If I were to have an exhibit in the failure Museum, what I would put up? Number one, getting fined a million dollars by the FCC. I would put that up big failure, big trouble, not good for me, my mental health or financially.
Speaker 4: Not a great move.
Speaker 5: Once, as a captain of my high school football team, I made the wrong call in the coin toss and we had to kick off at the beginning of the game and at halftime. That one still sits with me. Massive failure because coach Gandalf said, for one of the smartest kids I know, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen coaching ever he coached his whole life.
Speaker 4: That's a big failure.
Speaker 6: Amy.
Speaker 4: What would you put my marriage?
Speaker 6: I have marriage for you, latch game, goodness.
Speaker 4: All a failure. There were great things that came from.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, absolutely, It's just something that I never thought happened to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I have Amy's wedding picture up is the exhibit.
Speaker 6: That's it. That's perfect.
Speaker 4: And then other people, because a lot of people have not had it the way they want.
Speaker 6: So many people would relate Oh man, yeah, Eddie, not have to go with my hot dogs.
Speaker 4: I have that eating seventy hot dogs in twenty four hours.
Speaker 6: But I didn't any one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and through up.
Speaker 6: So what's the picture of me throwing up?
Speaker 4: You just eat a hot dog?
Speaker 6: That's terrible.
Speaker 5: Man, I have another one for you. Oh I only had one, framy because she's kind of crushed it.
Speaker 8: Let's see what else is Eddie?
Speaker 6: What else than a lot?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I completed my walk from West Virginia, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: We're not we're not in enlist our wins here. This is the failure.
Speaker 1: Music is failure to donate.
Speaker 8: Failure to donate.
Speaker 6: Well, that's not in there.
Speaker 4: I never, that's not living up to muse him more than the failure. M yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: What do you have?
Speaker 4: Getting forty thousand dollars in debt?
Speaker 6: Oh that was tough. I got out of it, thank god. But man, that was tough.
Speaker 4: But you learned. You put up a credit card that cut half. Yep, you grew from that.
Speaker 6: And then we did a little snowball effect painted off. But you know what, getting in debt was pretty easy, I'll.
Speaker 4: Give you that, But getting out of it wasn't.
Speaker 6: It was tough to getting out of it lunchbox.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, my biggest failure is going into a gas station and buying a pack of gum with panty hose over my face. I would put that up. That was That's it.
Speaker 5: That did not make it because I'd probably put that for me too, But that didn't make it. I have I have you becoming a contestant on prices right, not like going out what.
Speaker 6: Happened days got that rented a.
Speaker 8: Tucks I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I tied to wipe that from my memory.
Speaker 4: And then another one is that was.
Speaker 8: Tough, man, that's still that's still hurt.
Speaker 6: Hold on, there's another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's two more, two more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not getting the soccer in host job where you talk where you just talk in the stadium. They didn't think you were good enough for that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, after they sit me an email and said would you be interested in this job? And I made videos and all this went to I mean I had to make a resume, didn't even know how to do it. My wife had to do it for me. And then they were like, oh no, we decided to do it with someone that already works here, Like.
Speaker 4: What But yeah, that's bad. The last one. Dang, it's another one.
Speaker 5: What's not that you didn't graduate, because lot of people don't graduate, but you got to three hours. You just needed one more class to graduate college and you didn't. You didn't finish the one class. Yeah, they just called me Bill Gates.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 5: Not a single person has ever called you Bill Gates. He dropped out to pursue a business.
Speaker 8: I dropped out to pursue a career.
Speaker 1: No, you walked across the stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: It's just like I did to get an empty diploma, knowing we would complete the three hours eventually.
Speaker 8: Right, But I can't help it, Like it's like the computer that Bill Gates had. He can't help that that fell in his lap at that moment. I can't help it that I found my passion in my career and school was not something I needed for that anymore. That had done its time.
Speaker 5: One of the exhibits of this thing is the wall of reject It's covered in job applications that are rejected, firing notices. I mean, I was rejected by what thirty two stations before I ever got like a real job in radio.
Speaker 6: Wow. Put that up there, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one woman put up her wedding dress for failure. Yeah, I was just gonna put a picture you got. I only got to put your wedding dress.
Speaker 6: I do have one more for lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Oh oh for him. That's what you do for yourself.
Speaker 6: And I was thinking about lunchboxes. I'd said the palette was a failure.
Speaker 8: Oh did you make money?
Speaker 6: Did you sell all the items? No?
Speaker 8: But we made money. You made a profit, so it can't be a failure.
Speaker 4: I would mental health cost anymore than forty bucks we made.
Speaker 1: Just failed.
Speaker 4: Eddie just failed to show by hitting a wound.
Speaker 8: He's chicken business.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the best bits of the week Withgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: When you think about your life and all the memories, the moments, everything a part of it, and you had to put it into one song title, what would that title be? That was the question that got asked this week on the show, and everybody shared what their current life song title would be.
Speaker 4: Number six. If you had to write a song about your life right now, like something going on in your life, what would that song be called?
Speaker 1: No Longer the Weakest Link?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, that's a heavy song.
Speaker 4: Dang regrowth, Why what's happening? Why would you write that song? What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Uh, that's just something like right now, the film is very fitting for me and it would feel empowering to like have a song to sing about it.
Speaker 4: Have you been the weakest link?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Aware at times on the show.
Speaker 7: It it's not really well maybe even professionally sometimes, but this is more of a personal matter. And it came up on a zoom call the other day, ah, and like a something that to be honest, we had like a mentor of sorts on the line and my ex husband was on the line and it has to do with some stuff with our kids, and I just was real proud, like the person that we've been working with for like five years. She's like, Amy, you are not the same person that I met five years ago, and like there would have been a time you would have been the weakest link and that's no longer the case.
Speaker 4: So you know what that means? You have to assign the new weakest link and who is No, I don't know, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: No, that's not really what it was about.
Speaker 7: But and not even really that I actually was, but it was a could be perceived that I was as well, and that just it made me feel good because you know, she's an expert and she was seeing my growth.
Speaker 4: I think i'd write a song holy crap, babies are small.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good.
Speaker 4: We got these hangers.
Speaker 6: For the baby gloss. Yeah, tiny, tiny little hangers.
Speaker 4: Who knew they made them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're cute.
Speaker 4: I opened the box on my Instagram and I was like, these hangars. I just thought maybe you like tape them up or some of the closet, or you just folded all baby clothes. But these hangars are tiny. They're so cute, dude. So yeah, I'd write a song called holy crap, babies are small. But also with these baby clothes, I'm telling you that it's a racket. They need to make these clothes where you can pull and stretch them out more as they get a little older, because when they're super baby, like tiny, tiny, they grow out of this crap in weeks and you just spend all this money on baby clothes.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: And they're also going, hey, you have all these baby clothes, but you need like eight to them because baby use the bathroom all the time. So yeah, we're going through that right now. That'd be my song, Eddie.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go. Even my dog don't listen to me. Then that sound like a good country song.
Speaker 4: Does that mean the kids aren't listening?
Speaker 6: Nobody listens? No, wife, don't listen. Nobody listens to me. Even the dog don't listen. Even the dog Like.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you're the weakest link.
Speaker 6: Okay, the second part to your song, I just, dude, no one listens to me in my life right now. Like I tell my kids something and I have to yell three times for them to be like huh oh, okay, Dad, I'm on that. Or my wife like i'll tell her something, she'd be like, you didn't tell me that, Like, I'm pretty sure I told you that.
Speaker 4: How do you change that?
Speaker 6: Well? During I mean, I'm just being patient, you know, like you know how to do it in the cartel. Oh, they make me say what and they make you watch they kill one of them in front of you and then they put a little sign you will listen.
Speaker 4: To me and then they yeah, so it have to be that drastic, but get the belt out, dude.
Speaker 6: I'm just being patient, just being like, whatever.
Speaker 4: What if you work to deal with one of your kids that said what hey, kid number three, I'm gonna be real mad and I'm gonna fake whoop you and you'll want you to really because we need to sell it to your brothers. They need to listen.
Speaker 6: I do that all the time. I do that all the time, where I wink at like the three other kids. You want to do this, Oh yeah, I'll watch this and then I'll be like, I'll start yelling. They're just laughing in the back. You can't laugh though.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is why they don't take you serious.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're already working deal with your kids.
Speaker 6: That could be it.
Speaker 8: Lunchbox pain and suffering with all the idiotic doctors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, having the wrong one.
Speaker 4: You'd have to do parentheses on that one. It'd be called pain and stuff in parentheses with all the idiotic doctors.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean I've been in pain since June, and I mean I've been to so many different doctors. No one can tell me what's wrong. Now. They say it's tightness in my pelvic floor. I have no idea.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Every doctor's like has a difference saying oh it's this, it's that. Just they just make it up. They have no idea, and it's just miserable being in pain all the time.
Speaker 4: If you were to sing that song, how would it go?
Speaker 8: The pain and suffering never goes away. You make an appointment today, Oh yeah, come on, let me see you pull down your pains. Well that's what they have to do when you go in the doctor's office and the doctor says, hey, just YouTube something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 8: The pain and suffering never goes way. And I got another appointment today, not the appointment today. And this doctor says, I don't know, but uh, we're here if you need you.
Speaker 4: Need you, Yeah, we're here if you need us.
Speaker 8: But they're not really there for you. Suffering never goes away. These idiot doctors need to go away.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Bobby and his wife Caitlin are expecting their first child, and so he's been learning up on all things dad. He's been watching YouTube videos, including how to change a baby's diaper, and he was practicing on a doll.
Speaker 5: Number five, So, I got a baby doll, I think is what you call it, and I was practicing doing diaper changes on the doll.
Speaker 6: I saw the picture. How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, pretty good? No problem. If those babies don't kick, I'm good.
Speaker 6: But you just practiced the change. Do you not like the wiping and all that, right, because there's nothing to white.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to wipe.
Speaker 5: But I still like there's a technique that I looked up on YouTube before I was practicing on the doll.
Speaker 4: When you grab the feet of the baby.
Speaker 5: You do it with one hand and there's the thumb goes in the middle, so they don't kick, that's right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: From that, you lift a little and while the diaper is still dirty, you slide the clean diaper underneath the dirty diaper. Therefore, when you pull off the dirty diaper, if there's a blowout or anything, it does happen, instead of getting on the table, gets on the other diaper and then you throw them both away.
Speaker 6: Oh who taught you that?
Speaker 4: The internet?
Speaker 6: Wow, that's smart.
Speaker 4: I ain't come up with it.
Speaker 5: So all right, grab the baby by the feet, let's baby up, take the diaper off, pull the dirty diaper out, fasten it. And then on the sides of the legs, you got to make sure that those those edges are out.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's the sticky edges.
Speaker 5: Yeah they're out, not in so probably did like twenty or so, oh, twenty. As I was doing this, I was thinking that you never changed the diaper of your kids.
Speaker 6: No, that's not true. I changed about a handful. My wife just always beat me to it, dude. Like it was one of those things where like, okay, I will admit sometimes I would act like I didn't smell it, and it'd smell so bad, okay, and my wife be like, did you not smell? That'd be like, smell what this diaper is nasty? And I'd be like, oh, I didn't even notice something. She would change it.
Speaker 4: How many diapers if your first two children? Do you think you changed? Honestly, my first two children.
Speaker 6: Yeah, twenty fifteen, fifteen, like realistically fifteen, possibly.
Speaker 4: Twenty so seven or eight yeah, each. And she didn't care.
Speaker 6: No, she would just do it. I think after a while she was just like, well, am I going to wait for you to do it? I'll just do it.
Speaker 5: Here's what I practiced. I practiced the diaper. By the way, my wife's pregnant. In case you guys are wondering why I'm practicing on.
Speaker 4: A baby doll. I didn't even other call baby dolls anymore. A doll or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: And I'd posted the picture on my Instagram at miss Bobby Bones, and people thought that was a real baby that I was either announcing the baby was here.
Speaker 6: It's a what's wrong with people?
Speaker 5: That was clearly at all and it had such a happy look on its face and a lot of hair. But yeah, over on my Instagram, mister Bobby Bones, you can see this. So I did that, and then I practiced swaddling.
Speaker 6: Oh that's the dude. I was so good at swaddling, So you did that. Though I swaddled all the time, my wife would give me the baby and be like, will you swaddling please?
Speaker 4: You just didn't like the poop part of it, dude.
Speaker 6: It's disgusting. And people are like, ah, you just get used to the smell. I never got used to that smell. That's one thing. You're not ready for that.
Speaker 5: Even with dogs and I clean up after my dogs and Stanley's been sick one hundred times because it's a bulldog and it's always sick.
Speaker 6: It's a different smell that baby smell, dude. And sometimes maybe it's the baby food or what they're eating, or the breast smelk. I don't know. What it is.
Speaker 5: It's nasty. You know what I learned too. When a baby is upside down in the belly of a woman, yeah, why doesn't the blood rush to the baby's head? And I guessed correctly, but I wasn't for sure because you know, if we're hanging upside down and we're let's say we're in a closet and we have our feet over and we're hanging upside down, all the blood rushes to our head. Yeah, if we're on handle monkey bars, yeah, you can't head. So why do you think that is?
Speaker 6: My guess is that they're in fluid, embiotic fluid, and therefore their anti gravity, so there's no gravity anywhere.
Speaker 5: So in liquid that is true. If you did in a pull, your blood also wouldn't rush to your head.
Speaker 6: So is that right? Yes? Wow, yeah, good job, And you nailed it right away.
Speaker 5: I got it right, But it wasn't because I knew it was because I strictly guessed.
Speaker 6: You know, sometimes the babies are not upside down. That's that's like a problem at birth.
Speaker 4: It can come out breach, that's it.
Speaker 6: That's what they call it.
Speaker 5: So if that's the case I've learned about this, then they if it's breach breach, they have to go in, don't they in?
Speaker 4: Like cesarean sea section. H Yeah, man, I'm straight up, straight up at the baby world right now.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with more get number two.
Speaker 1: This guy has had a huge year.
Speaker 3: George burg stopped by the studio to talk all things music. What it's been like touring in the new collaboration he has coming out with a big country artist.
Speaker 4: Number four on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, George Burge, the great Poor Heey Birds is here. He always makes me feel so good when I come hang out with you guys.
Speaker 6: Bobby.
Speaker 4: That's what I love you, buddy.
Speaker 5: Fighting for number one This week is called it won't be long, But tell me about writing that song. I won't be long, because that's a good one. First time I heard it, I was like, man, I've heard it ten million times now, so now it's just like white noise. But the first couple of times I heard it was like, man, it makes me emotional. Tell me about the song.
Speaker 9: I always get nervous when I send you songs because I know you're gonna be honest. And that's why I like you is because we're actually friends, and this is as I was kind of starting to grow as an artist. This is my third single to radio. I'd had my first two hits that had changed my life and kind of opened some doors for me, and I felt like with the third song, I just wanted to like be a little bit more open as a songwriter, tell a little bit more of my story, and dig a little bit deeper. And so that was this swing for me, and it was one of the coolest songs that I've ever been a part of writing, just because every line of the song is true, from you know, being nervous to ask care of my wife on a first date, to taking a starter house to the studs, to us going to t ball games and watching our kids play these days. It's all like real life stories, which it makes it fun to sing. And I think because we drilled down so deep on all of those pictures, other people have been kind of connecting with it in their own lives and that's probably made the song the most special for me, is to hear people kind of plugging their own memories into it. But what I didn't think about was because it is such like a real and raw song for me, is like the first month that I played it, I got choked up every time I played it. And now I've played it enough where I'm fine, But like the first month, I was like, Man, I'm gonna have to do this for the rest of my life.
Speaker 5: Is it weird going into a room writing with other people and you're being really really personal. Does it feel like, oh, man, I'm kind of pouring my guts out to folks and I only know them that well.
Speaker 9: One hundred percent. Yeah, And it's something that takes them getting used to too, Because, like you said, that was my first time. Tranny Anderson is a writer on that song with me. She's an amazing songwriter, and it was literally the first time I'd ever been in the writing room with Tranny. And so we had started this song and it was great, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. And then we just kind of started talking about life, which is a great way to kind of pause in the writer's room if you feel like things aren't going the exact direction you want. And so we just started talking about life. And she's an incredible piano player, and she started playing piano and just kind of had this way of kind of putting me at ease, And it was when we started telling those stories and getting to know each other a little bit that the song fell out. But it takes a second to like get vulnerable enough to tell the stories that people want to hear. And something that I've learned kind of as I've started to grow as an artist and as a songwriter, is the more that you feel like uncomfortable sharing a lyric or a more nervous that a lyric makes you a lot of times, the more it resonates with other people because it is real and it is raw, and it's real life, which is country music.
Speaker 4: Meyer a lot of the real honesty. Your song A rectile dysfunction. I don't know how you do.
Speaker 6: It's a jam, dude.
Speaker 5: I listened to that song NonStop, and I'm always like George Burd's had that. Just the bravery tell me the courage to write about that.
Speaker 9: The sequel, Little Blue Pill is actually it's yes, that's the that's parentheses, A rectile dysfunction, parentheses, A little Blue Pill.
Speaker 5: You talk about house from studs on your Instagram. You're building a house based Yes, how much are you actually doing?
Speaker 4: Zero? Yeah? The pictures make it look like, yeah, you're in the mix now the beauty of social media.
Speaker 9: No, I would say my extent in this was finding a lot that I really liked and signing the checks when the bills come in. My wife has been like an incredible designer. She picked the floor planned, she's been working with the builder to make it like a comfortable spot for us and the kids that we want to go hang out.
Speaker 4: But our whole deal with this is I grew up by the.
Speaker 9: Water down in Texas. The lake is kind of like my retreat where I turn off from the world. And when we're out playing just concerts and we're out in big cities with tons of people all the time. It is what I've always dreamed of. But when I get home, we wanted this place to kind of like turn off.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 9: So I wish I could say I was Paul Bunyan out there cutting the trees down and building it with my very hands.
Speaker 4: Somebody's got music, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: Is it weird that you get to pay for a new cool house because you've been playing music and it's finally caught on.
Speaker 9: It is the weirdest thing in the entire world. And I still don't totally believe it to be able to say that, you know, I have a lake house. Is I still feel awkward saying that, just because it's not something that I ever thought that I would have. But it also makes me super proud to talk about with my wife because we dreamed about that forever and she's been coming to see me play shows since it was two people at the Mellow Mushroom on the drag at ut So used to play a pizza place. I used to play at a pizza place at open mic too. It wasn't even like they invited me to go. I was there, hop up real quick and play.
Speaker 4: I wish it wasn't, but it was literally that. Yeah, what is it like playing at a pizza place?
Speaker 8: The worst?
Speaker 9: But yes, you're fighting for attention, yeah it. I mean it's a platform, it's a microphone. It's an opportunity to sing in front of an audience. But nobody is there to hear your music on purpose?
Speaker 4: How about that? Like they're they're.
Speaker 9: Gonna be around and maybe if you do a great job, you can learn how to entertain people. But yeah, I think that getting started in music in any form or fashion is tough, man, because nobody is going to like give you the benefit of the doubt, or is going to say that, like, hey, you know, you're a star in the making, you kind of have to go earn it. And a lot of times, like people are not going to listen.
Speaker 4: And you know it.
Speaker 9: It It kind of toughens you up a little bit and you have to really want it. And I think that that's why we take so much pride in is we have finally turned that corner where you know, we're showing up and people are buying tickets and we've got sold out shows now. And you know, I looked the other day and Cara had like a little tear in her eye side stage because you know, it was we're not used to this, the people showing up like that. So it's starting to get really fun and it's opened a lot of really.
Speaker 4: Cool doors for us.
Speaker 5: I feel like your wife, and I think a lot of wives, especially yours, because I know you guys have sacrificed a lot because for a long time, you're just grind and trying to stay even while you got kids, while she's like managing the kids and the how and just making sure that everything is together while you're on the road.
Speaker 4: Just trying to get a shot at it, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's something that I wish I could just shout from the rooftops, and I do try to do that on my social media too. But like, I owe her so much because she blindly believed in me the entire time, and you know, like you said, when you're starting, it's it's literally zero dollars, like you're going out and losing money to play shows. And we were trying to start a family. We had moved to a new city where she had quit her job in Austin, Texas and mood with me to Nashville on a whim of like trying to chase his dream, you know. And she's got her real estate career that she was crushing at at the time, and you know, I'm in here bringing nothing to the table, and she's still bet on me and like didn't let me quit even when I wanted to, And so like, I could not be prouder to get to celebrate this with her, and I do my best to try to spoil her because of it too.
Speaker 5: Did you ever have a moment where you're like, ah, this may not be it and she's like no, you got to keep going.
Speaker 9: Like every night, Yeah, pitch every night. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: It's even when things are going good, this industry can just hit you like a freight train sometimes, and it's you have to have that no matter how high or how low you get, you have to have your reason why. And for me, that's like my family and my friends, and I've tried not to to stray too far from that, and I do try to like let myself celebrate every now and then.
Speaker 4: But like, as long as.
Speaker 9: You've got that that core of like, hey, if this all goes away tomorrow, which eventually one day it is all going to go away for everybody, But as long as you have your reason that you're there, like it makes the highs and lows a little bit easier.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about another artist, Luke Brian. You went out on tour. Luke Brian. Pretty cool guy, huh.
Speaker 9: One of the best guys I've ever met, which I have to give you some props on. When I got the tour you being one of my super close friends, I text you. I was like, dude, you're not gonna believe this. I got the Luke Brian tour and the first day I met Luke Brian. He was like, hey, man, Bobby Bone sent me a text message said you're a pretty cool guy. So and that like opened it up for me. He started inviting me up on the bus after shows, he brought me on stage to sing with him, and all of a sudden, he was like a big brother to me. And you want to talk about a guy that just like loves on his people. There's not one person in his entire hundred something person crew that had one bad thing to say about Luke Brian. They all just love him and he treats everybody. One thing I learned from him. When we go out and open for people bigger than us, I always try to like take in like why is this guy superstar? How did you get here? And one thing I noticed about Luke is like no matter how big or small you are, he he never walks past somebody without acknowledging them, even if it's a person cleaning the toilets or whoever it is.
Speaker 4: You know, Hey, how are you.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you're here. How's your day going? And that's just how he treats everybody, and he brings us inner you to the room. And it was something that I really admired and really have tried to like put into place in what I do too. But just, you know, also getting to see somebody go out there and play for ninety minutes and still not be able to play all of his number ones because he has so many hits. It was wild to kind of just get to be in the presence of that and learn from him, and yeah, he's a great guy.
Speaker 5: So you announced earlier this week that you got Luke to be on your next song. The song's not out yet, so you put a little bit on the internet and the song is called Ride, Ride Ride. When you ask Luke Brian to be on a song, what happens? How do you do that?
Speaker 9: It was the most surreal experience of my life. So already I'm just kind of pinching myself that I'm on tour with Luke and that we're starting to be friends. And then kind of as the tour progressed, he would invite me on the bus after shows and we kind of play guitar and just talk life and advice. And Luke loves to make people squirm. It's like one of his favorite things is just to kind of put you out of his out of comfort zone. And so we're on the bus one night and you know, I feel like I'm just barely getting to call my friend.
Speaker 4: And he looks at me.
Speaker 9: He goes, Burge, plug your phone in and play me a song I never heard before.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, he wants you to play a song.
Speaker 9: Maybe you've written yes, demo or something on his bus on his bluetooth. He's sitting there sipping his wine and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. Come like, when am I ever going to get another opportunity like this? And so I had this song. I had an idea that I wanted Luke to feature on it, and I just said screw it, and I pulled the trigger and I played it and he listens for three minutes and however many seconds the song is with his eyes closed and I can't tell if it's going good or what's happening.
Speaker 4: Listening rubbing his nipple. I like this one.
Speaker 9: And when the song is over, he stands up and he smacks the wall and he says, play that MF for again. And so I knew that he was kind of into it. And uh so the next day I sent him a text message and I was like Hey, man, I know this is crazy, and I know that it has to make sense in your world, but I couldn't help but think this song would sound incredible if you featured on it. I know it's a long shot, but let me know. And he texts me back like thirty seconds later he was like, I'm in let's do it really, which was crazy. And then I didn't hear from him for a month and I was like, well.
Speaker 4: Did he have the song? He had the song? Okay, he had the song.
Speaker 9: I sent it to him when I asked him the full song and I sent him the lyrics, and I didn't hear from him from a month after. He said yes, and I kind of in my head was like, well that's it, you know. He said yes and then forgot about it whatever, and about it.
Speaker 4: A couple days later.
Speaker 9: I was playing golf with Jordan Davis, who's become a friend too, and I was telling him a story. I was like, man, I'm not sure if you know Luke is still into it, or if he fell off or whatever. He's like, man, He's like, that's exactly what happened to me with by Dirt. He was like, I didn't hear anything from him from a month or two and then one day I just got the song back with his vocal on it, and it was the best thing I'd ever heard, and I was like, okay, fingers crossed, And sure enough, about two weeks later, I get a video from.
Speaker 4: Luke's selfie video in the studio and it's him.
Speaker 9: And he's kind of holding the lyrics sheet in front of his face, and then he pulls it down and reveals his face and he goes, this suckers hard to sing. And he sent it back and it really wasn't hard to sing. He sounded absolutely amazing on it.
Speaker 4: So I am. I'm beyond fired up to have him on it. So we'll get to hear the whole thing in like a week or something.
Speaker 9: Right, Yes, it is coming out February fifth.
Speaker 4: Give us like one second of it, no more than one second, so one Mississippi go Okay, that's enough.
Speaker 8: Wow what a song?
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow. Everybody says it really grabs you off the first Yeah.
Speaker 5: I started rubbing my nipple. I heard one second of that, close my eyes. Wow, you had to cancel shows because of the weather, like the first of your.
Speaker 9: Tour, man, that sucks. You know, I'm not gonna lie. That one hurt my feelings a little bit, but you can't control weather. This is our first headline tour, the Cowboys Songs Tour. Seeing my name on the top of the bill, It's something I dreamed about forever. And then I was all in my head about if we were gonna sell tickets. And then the first three shows ended up being sold out, and we had a brand new show and a light show and smoke and everything, and I was like, man, this is it. It's all finally coming together. And then three days before the tour was supposed to start, the most historic ice and snowstorm ever blew in and canceled all three of the shows. So we have pushed it back to April. It's gonna be a little bit warmer, and I can't wait to co see everybody. But I'm not gonna lie. Sitting on my hands here in Nashville waiting for the tour to start has heard a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: The good news is I saw a headline about your tour being canceled, and the headline made me feel good for you, because the headline said country Star postpones opening dates of sold out tour. You got listed this country star.
Speaker 9: Dude, I'm not gonna lie. Sent that to my manager too, like, did you see that? Did you see where they called us? Yes, sir, a country star.
Speaker 4: I've been saying that forever, A country starve before you had songs? Hey man, thank you put it out there. George Burge is in studio with us, so tell me about writing cowboy songs.
Speaker 9: That was one that was not my idea, but as soon as the idea got pitched in the room, I instantly could visualize it. We were out at a buddy's house. We had kind of do these songwriter retreats sometimes where we get out of town and spend a couple of nights just so that if we get on a song, or if we need to take a break or whatever, we can kind of let it come to us. And that's one of my favorite ways to write, just because sometimes when you're doing it office style, it feels like, oh, you know, I gotta go home and take care of the kids, or I gotta do whatever, and sometimes it's hard to let the creative process really flow like that. And so we were out on a little trip for three days, and day two my buddy was like, hey man, I've had this title and it's running around in my head, but I can't quite nail it. The ideas she only dances to cowboys songs. And as soon as you said it, I was like, man, I know exactly what that means. I just kind of started getting flashes of me being in college chasing my wife around dive bars in Texas. When you know, a George Strait song would come on or whatever, you'd see everybody kind of flock to the dance floor, everybody kind of let their inhibitions to the wind. And it was just like, that was what I kind of pictured, and so I tried to kind of capture those gritty six street nights in Austin, Texas, carefree fun. She only dances a cowboy songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you met your wife at University of Texas. I did freshman year. Wow, you stayed together through college. We did never broke up once. She is an absolute saint man. Yeah, what were you doing when you met her? We had a frat party or something. It was a frat party, absolutely. Yeah. I was dressed as a smurf.
Speaker 9: I had a bed sheet put on, like one of those smurf diapers around me and my whole body painted blue, and I think I had had just enough liquid courage to ask her on a date, and by some miracle, she said yes, and we ended up going to Jack in the Box that night and hanging out together.
Speaker 4: And then that that wasn't the date. No, that wasn't the date.
Speaker 9: She Carol would kill me if I said that too, But we ended up hitting it off and then it was like we couldn't wait to see each other, and we ended up hanging out almost every day after that.
Speaker 4: Asked her to be my girlfriend.
Speaker 9: I don't know if people still do that, but I did, like I did the official, like hey, will you be my girlfriend? Thing? And then the bad part was I think like three months in I knew I was about her out of the get. She was a cheerleader at Texas. She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I was a big dork in high school and I don't know, college is like a cool new start for me, so I was I was kind of putting on this like fraternity guy thing, but I wasn't that guy.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not that cool.
Speaker 9: But about three months in I knew I loved her, and I said it probably too early I was like, hey, I love you.
Speaker 4: She said that's she said said, thank you.
Speaker 6: That's terrible.
Speaker 4: Hey man, but we're married with kids now, South late the long game. How long until you got it back?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 9: I think I got it back like a week later. Yeah, I think, but it was I knew early for sure. Yeah, so you have two kids? We do with two little boys?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Did they just fly growing up? Is that true? Do they win? Does the fly by time?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: My gosh, it's it's a little scary how fast it starts to move. But I will say that this zone that we're in right now, six and nine is the most fun I've ever had. Their little personalities are starting to come out. They'll complay golf with me. They love music. The lead guitar player from Lady A lives down the street from me, and he's been given my oldest guitar lessons. Slim shout out for being an awesome guy. But it so my oldest is learning how to play guitar and learning country music, and I think that's like the coolest thing for me.
Speaker 4: I told him.
Speaker 9: I was like, man, you know, my guitar teacher was drinking beer in the Guitar center parking lot, like you're you're getting guitar lessons from the lead player of Lady A. You're doing pretty good, buddy. But we're having a blast. And so far they've got a lot of the same interest that I do, which makes it really fun being a dad.
Speaker 4: Do your kids want to do music? They love music?
Speaker 9: You know, they're so young right now, they've kind of got stars in their eyes with it. But they're also doing great in school. I'm trying to encourage them to do anything else because it's a tough road.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: It's a it's it's a tough road. Probably a different road though, if your dad, I think multiple number one, I think I could steer them in a better direction than I went.
Speaker 9: I also could be like the Nashville case study of like how to make the worst decisions possible. I think that's a lot of Nashville artists and falling in every bear trap that you could fall in. So I could definitely give them some advice. But it doesn't matter what head start you have and music, it's tough, and I think that that's why it is why people are so drawn to it too. Is there are I mean, you can get head starts, but there's no shortcuts. Like, at the end of the day, you have to connect with people, and nobody can do that for you. And that was a lesson that I had to learn when I moved to town too. You know, like, hey man, if this guy would post me on my social media or like, you know, if this guy would take me on tour, or if this guy would do a song with me, you know, then I could be famous. But at the end of the day, it really is like you have to do it for yourself. You have to connect with people. You have to no matter how small that fan group is. If it's five diehard fans that you connect with, you have to start that and build that and turn it into something.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 9: All that to say, yes, I could point them in the right direction with me music, but it's it's a tough road no matter who's doing it.
Speaker 4: Give me some advice about being a dad.
Speaker 9: I'm so excited for you, by the way, bring him everywhere. That was the best advice that I ever got and it's something that I still try to do and something that you know, I feel like our family is so close because of it. So I would say, you know, take your kids wherever you can. I think that it helps them see how you act in social settings. It helps expose them to the world like the good and the bad. See you win, see you fall in your face sometimes, and it's like you know when you when you live life together, you have stuff to talk about and connect over.
Speaker 4: Did you change many diapers?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 9: I'll never forget. My oldest was a was a super premium. He was born at three pounds wow, and so it was a little scary. We didn't know if he was gonna gonna make it, and we we did about a month and a half in the nick you and it was. It was a tough time. And he's big bruiser, healthy now. But I remember the first time that I was able to change his diaper, he was a little like bird and I was scared I was going to break his leg.
Speaker 4: I had two fingers holding his leg up, just dangling.
Speaker 9: And you know, a four pound babies blowout, it's still a blowout, man, It's it's a lot. And uh then when they got a little more sturdy, it was easy for me. I just kind of slap him down and wipe it up and onto the next one. But those first few months changing the premium diapers or something else.
Speaker 5: Eddie acts like baby poop is the absolute worst thing. I was told by others there's not a lot of food in there, so it just is gross because of the association.
Speaker 4: But it's really not. You tell me. I'm kind of with Eddie, man.
Speaker 9: I have a I have a hair trigger gag reflex too, man. And like you'll see some colors you don't want to see, some smells you don't want to see. The texture is rough, it's yeah, I wouldn't recommend it, but it's a when it's your own it's easier, right, Like it's uh, when it's your own blood, it's it's a little bit easier. So shout out to my sister, my aunt Katie. She she was great about wiping diapers when they weren't her, so I love her for that too.
Speaker 4: I was doing on the doll.
Speaker 5: I was practicing where you put the fresh diaper underneath the diaper they're wearing, so when you pull it off, if they continue to blow out, it just blows into that diaper.
Speaker 4: And he thought away as well, is that what what? What's your what was your style? Yep, that's what I did. The diaper under the diaper was great.
Speaker 9: But they also, man, they'll sell you on all kinds of all kinds of things that the peepee tent, you know, put a tent over the top of it, say the peptp that's right, so you don't, you know, take a stream to the face, or you know, all kinds of things. But I think the diaper under the diaper, that's a that's a tried and true OG method.
Speaker 5: I know we've talked about it before, but our audience, a lot of them are new. We talked about you being in a frat, but Glenn Powell was your younger frat brother.
Speaker 4: He was. He was a year younger than me. The actor Glenn Powell, who was Top Gun. What else has he been in?
Speaker 6: Uh he's in that other one.
Speaker 1: With Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's got the Chad Powers things, eleven apps.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 4: He super hot. He was in college. He I think he was born like that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: I remember when Glenn joined our fraternity, like watching him walk into a party for.
Speaker 4: The first time and watching everything. It was like he wasn't even in the movies yet.
Speaker 9: And you could hear the background music in the slow mo when he walked in but that also he was like the most humble, cool guy ever and so like I couldn't be more happy for his success.
Speaker 4: We text all the time.
Speaker 9: I just texted me yesterday, and he roots for me, sends me a text every time we have a you know, a little success in our world. And we still catch up at Texas football games every now and then. But to see him taking over the world the way that he has makes me so proud and nobody deserves it more. He's a He's a genuinely great dude worth rooting for.
Speaker 4: And both of you guys are hardcore. University of Texas, yes, like you both wear it once you're there. It's kind of in your blood.
Speaker 5: Man, I was there, but no I know, but we grow up being like Texas is bigger than us. We don't like them the university. I love Austin. It's my favorite city, but it was tough being a Razorback living with bern Orton.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 9: I super commend you two because you you ride or die too with your team with the Razorbacks here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no bandwagon in you. My youngest I'm trying to.
Speaker 9: Teach him because we'll watch football together all the time and whatever team is winning at that current point in the game, is who he'll change the rooting for. I'm like, hey, buddy, you can't. Nobody likes a bandwagon guy. You got to pick and stick with it. So, yeah, you played golf at University of Texas. Did you win a tournament to get on the team?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 9: There was a I like to joke that I single handedly started and ended the walk on program at Texas. There was a walk on tournament that they had had every year. Whoever wanted to come play could play in it, and it gave you a chance to walk on, but the coach still had to make the decision that you were able to walk on. And so I played it and I wanted I think I wanted by like six shots. I played really well, and it gave me an opportunity to play in front of the coach. And then I played eighteen holes in front of coach. He rode around in a golf cart watching me play, and I remember being so dang nervous, but I ended up playing okay, and he gave me a bag and a locker and a spot on the team. And then right around the end of my career, I only played one year at Texas, right around the end of my career, they had a senior in high school come for his campus visit and he was like the prize recruit for Texas and he was I guaranteed you to go to the PGA tour and he asked me to take him out. So I took him out to a fraternity party and he got knocked out within the like first fifteen minutes of being at the party from talking trash like punch knocked out, punch knocked out black guy. And I remember black guy or black Eye, black Guy, black Eye, black eyeball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you were like white guy, black guy got talking trash about what.
Speaker 9: You know when you're high school college age testosterone. It was just, you know, he was running his mouth to somebody. You know, I don't really I've never really been a big fighter guy. So anyways, he showed up to practice this UH the next morning with a black eye as like the prize recruit at Texas and UH coach still has never let me live that down from.
Speaker 4: Since I took him out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I think I was the last walk on ever at the University of Texas.
Speaker 4: I thought it was gonna be like in that guy. No, I think I ruined his career. Actually, Oh no, the guy with the black eye, black eye.
Speaker 1: The guy with the black eye.
Speaker 4: That was good. Yes, he did he ever play there?
Speaker 9: He did, and he played well and he was actually a great kid. Got to know him a little better. But yeah, I was able to walk on at Texas. I was a bench warmer there and I did get to know Jordan Speed. I got to play with Jonathan Vegas who's on tour now and kind of full circle moment the Memorial, which is Jack Nicholas's tournament in Columbus. I got to play with Jordan Speed as a celebrity and he was my pro that I was paired with on the PGA Tour, and so I kind of joked him. I was like, you never thought you'd seen me on the Jay Buddies. So that was pretty cool.
Speaker 5: That's fine. I got to play with Jordan a couple times. I lost a bunch of money to him. My favorite thing about playing with Jordan is he took my money. Yeah, and some of some of those pros like no, oh, don't worry about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like I'm happy to take your money.
Speaker 9: Oh He's like yeah, he'll make you pay him in cash, like end of the round, like you're you're not even going to get a drink until the money's in his hand.
Speaker 5: But I respected that. Yeah, respective he took the money. So you're still going your other shows. February Fifthy're back on.
Speaker 4: You're good. Weather's good, Weather's good. You're going to be in spring Film, Missouri. Yes. Then after that, you're gonna be in Witchita, Kansas. We're rolling Oklahoma City, common, all of it. George Burge dot com.
Speaker 5: If you want to get tickets or go over to Georgia's socials you can find the links to the tickets there.
Speaker 4: Super excited for you. I hope the song hits number one again. Thank you, Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 5: I was with Kenny Chesney and he was talking about he had he has so many number two's that are that are massive songs I watched.
Speaker 9: I watched that interview yesterday. First of all, it was awesome and it fired me up to see you on Netflix, which is crazy, but also that was that was inspiring to me to hear it was no shoes, no shirt, no problem, he said, went number two And I was like, and you think of some of the other ones. Now we're rooting for number one. But wherever it lands, life's good. I never thought i'd be here in the first place. And before I go, I do have one question to ask you. We're ready, Here we go, Eddie, you're involved in this too. So recently we all took a trip to Chicago to hang out. Yes, it was awesome. It was so much fun, a little boy's day trip. And I had told you all. I was like, man, life's kind of crazy. I can't believe it. But like I'm getting recognized like once a day.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So I asked him, I said, how often do you get recognized? Because I had been recognized a little bit that even there, and I was like, what about you?
Speaker 4: How off? And he goes, I get it, like once a day. And we're like.
Speaker 6: Once a day.
Speaker 4: We're stop amy, they wore me out for the rest of the day. Maybe we shall never say anything.
Speaker 9: You wish I never say, right, And uh, Like we're walking past the security guard to go up Sears Tower and Eddie's like talking to the security guard.
Speaker 4: He's asking her.
Speaker 9: He's like, hey, you recognize this guy wearing me out? And we sit down to dinner and we hadn't sat down to dinner for thirty seconds and a guy comes up to me. He's like, hey, man, are you George Bird? I am a huge fan. And he's like, so good to see you. And then I look at Bobby and he has a stupid smile on his face.
Speaker 7: My guess is that they had that guy. They they've either got him or paid him or did whatever.
Speaker 4: I have to know.
Speaker 6: I can't question.
Speaker 4: That's my question.
Speaker 1: That's for sure. Something y'all would do.
Speaker 4: You know, it made George feel good? So it is what it is?
Speaker 6: I need.
Speaker 4: I need an answer. It happened, it made you feel good. It doesn't matter. First of all, I didn't pay anybody. Yeah, but you could ask no who knows. I think he.
Speaker 6: Pay definitely anybody.
Speaker 1: The guy was money.
Speaker 7: That's that's how Bobby would get us. I didn't pay, but Eddie maybe did with his money.
Speaker 4: The guy was a George Burdh fan. Man, he didn't say he was to me. That fires me up, thank you.
Speaker 5: I will say the guy is a George Bursh fan for sure. So he didn't invent the hey are you George Bursch?
Speaker 1: But like, did you?
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter what happened.
Speaker 1: And then did you have to say? You know she only dances cowboys?
Speaker 4: And he's like, I don't know that one, but maybe the second one. No, what okay? Can I be honest?
Speaker 1: That's what we're asking.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: What happened was we got down and people went to the bathroom like we because we had been walking around Wrigleyfield and stuff. And so a guy said, hey, Bobby Bones, and I said what up? And he said, hey, big fan, and I said, when we sit down, there's gonna be an artist with us. If you know who it is, you should go and say hi. I didn't tell him who you were, and then he he he.
Speaker 4: Then saw him and.
Speaker 5: Who knows, probably not, but he came up and he actually went to one of his shows.
Speaker 4: Oh so, so I think that counts. Yes, yes, And he just needed a little prodding. But that's where you're a great friend. He said hi to me, and then I said, oh, you think this is something wait to Sue sits down with us. I didn't say who, and then he saw George had gone to a show, went and said hi to George. Knew George had nothing to do with that. He wa had to sit down and he hadn't known, George. He may have gone to Eddie and been like, hey, are you whatever? So no, I don't take he knew who you are. You are the best wed.
Speaker 5: If George said that, we would not stop. We were like, dude, you better everybody around here is recognizing you. You can't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: They were private security for the rest of.
Speaker 5: The All right, you guys go to Georgia's shows, and good luck with this next song regardless. It's a it's a monster jam and we can't wait for the Luke Bryant and George Burg's Ride Ride Rider.
Speaker 4: As soon as we get it, we'll play it.
Speaker 6: Deal.
Speaker 4: You're the best, all right there? He is the great country superstar.
Speaker 1: Recognized on Recognized once a Day.
Speaker 2: George, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 3: You've probably seen it all over social media. You're also probably experiencing something similar depending on where you're at in the country. But Nashville was hit pretty bad by the Winter Storm Fern and a lot of ice happened, so everybody shared their situations and what went down for them during the entire chaos of.
Speaker 1: Winter Storm Fern.
Speaker 5: Number three mentioned on the show yesterday that I've never seen anything like this ice storm. I've been in far bigger winter weather situations, way more snow. I've had ice on the road all that, I've never been in an ice storm where it was just mostly ice, where trees have been completely ripped down just from ice.
Speaker 4: Like we still have power. So we're three days into this thing, still no power. Amy. I was trying to convince her to come over because I have a studio with some heat. My wife and I have been staying in a little bit. We have doll It's been a mess. But I was like, can come over land the couch if you want to fill some heat for a little bit. You have no power?
Speaker 7: No, no, I think my son this morning was like I can't feel my finger, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, over by the fire.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I was like eight, Lincoln's gonna walk through like our score.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: My cat like I was feeling the bottom of her palls and I was like, okay, I'm glad you have fur, but like her little pall paths were like so cold. But you know, it's like, you know, for us, I'm just thankingful we have a house and I have a gas fireplace like so I don't have to worry about running out of wood. And I have a gas stove freaks me out every time I have to light it, but I'm thankful for it.
Speaker 5: And then you have to learn how to do things like with Amy open her garage and she goes, I can't figure how to open my garage. Oh, and instead of explaining it to her, which I've had to figure out the hard we have broken many a garage, I was like, take a picture of a chat GBT. You don't explain exactly how to do it.
Speaker 4: Is that what you did?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Like you? I, well, my internet hadn't been working, like I hadn't been able to pull anything up, and so I had sell but still on my phone, if I tried to go to the internet, I couldn't do anything. Like I would try to go to a website and I couldn't go. And then whenever you said that, I almost was like, whatever, my phone's not gonna work. And then sure enough, at that moment, it was like the perfect timing because I pulled it up. I did what you said, and then it taught me how to do it.
Speaker 4: And you mostly flick a switch, pull the little cord and put them up. It goes right right, and so then she's like, I can't get it. Just stay. I'm like, that's a hype thing. You just got to get it over that curve, right.
Speaker 1: We couldn't.
Speaker 7: Stevenson ended up getting up on a stool and then he held it up while I backed out, Like, standing on the stool, he held it.
Speaker 1: Yes, He's like, mom, don't hit me, don't hit me. I was like, we're good, We're good.
Speaker 7: And then we got out and I was like, oh it felt good though, Like I was like, I accomplish something, so thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been at least three days no power, no power for you, lunchbock.
Speaker 6: You have power.
Speaker 8: I do have power. So now I feel bad after twenty seven hours I had power.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was only a day. You only had gone to day.
Speaker 8: I was only gone to day. But it was really cold, and you know what do you do with no power? It's like, man, you just bundle up and toughen out, right, Like, I mean, why go to a hotel?
Speaker 4: Anybody else? Eddie never lost power.
Speaker 6: Man, I was one of the lucky ones. Never lost power.
Speaker 4: He never heard power.
Speaker 6: I feel bad.
Speaker 4: Well, you guys were like a different class. I was looking at you guys like the rich fuck I know, like on the Titanic, you guys were getting out on the fancy boats. It was allowing people like oh we paid extra boat, yes.
Speaker 6: And then like our son would go run downstairs like, oh, it's kind of cold in here, dad. Like I was stopped, like, don't even say that power.
Speaker 5: We've been freezing. And then we would be next to the fireplace as well. And then I'd go to chat GBT and they were like, bro, if your wife's pregnant, like, don't even risk with the carbon monoxide, Like it could go out the flu, but don't even risk it. And so we would go to the Bobbycast studios whether there's just a little bit of heat and trying. It's been a mess. But there are full massive trees still on the main road that are covering the road where they have now saw it a little bit off, so you have to take turns on one side going around it. But they're still laying on top of power lines. So the power is not coming back anytime soon. As of right now, it looks like there's still like one hundred and thirty thousand people just in town that don't have power. But the eye says, this has been such a weird storm because just looking the roads are fine. Now, everything's good. It's still slick in some places, but for the most part it's wide open. But the eyes has crippled. It's torn down complete trees in my yard. And I didn't land on anything, so who cares. Eddie has a hill by his house and people didn't want to get caught up by the eye, so they parked at bottom of the hill.
Speaker 6: They were being smart, right, like, we're not gonna make it down the hill, so let's just park at the bottom of the hill. Except trees fell on the car.
Speaker 4: Crashed, the cars, wiped out the cars.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine the guys like, I was smart. He walked down, there's like no car.
Speaker 7: That's what my boyfriend left his house. He went by a neighbor's like turned the corner and he saw a car. They had parked at the bottom of their driveway for the same thing, just to be smart so they could get out, and a.
Speaker 1: Tree right there, boom fell on the car, just like that.
Speaker 7: And it's like, I'm sure there's stories like this all over where they're just like, oh my gosh, if I could redo it.
Speaker 5: On day one after the storm, I wasn't feeling confident about getting out, and so Eddie picks me up in his jeep, like my boyfriend does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, come on in, and so we.
Speaker 4: Drove in, big boy, Thank you, thank hey, thank you Daddy. And so we drove in and this massive tree was down in the middle of the road and the car was crashed into it completely. It's completely smashed.
Speaker 5: So either that car's going at night, doesn't see the tree, powers out and just boom smashes into it, or it gets close slams on its break. Either way, the car was probably totaled from the tree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could even see the skid marks of where the car was just like just sliding and helplessly boom right on the tree.
Speaker 4: So we're still dealing with it here.
Speaker 6: What about the big Old's interstate sign?
Speaker 4: The semi on the interstate hit It kind of fell to this sne Is that what happened knocked the whole sign up?
Speaker 1: Okay, because I.
Speaker 7: Saw the sign completely down, and I'm like, did the ice do that?
Speaker 5: What I'm not going to take from a lot of our cold listeners that live in cold places.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking any of this. Well, you guys just don't used to the cold weather. This is different. I'm not used to the cold weather. I'm not used to snow.
Speaker 5: When it snows two feet, I'm like just graazy when it's the roads are icy. Look, this is unlike anything I've ever been in before because it didn't look like much, did it. No, it never seemed like a big crazy storm. But the ice got so heavy it just started ripping trees and then you would just hear boom boom, boom boom, trees falling everywhere. It was crazy, don't like you think I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: And then when you look at like they say, oh, the ice is going to be half an inch, like, oh, that's not It's like that's tiny.
Speaker 4: I can chew through that on an ice cube.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when that's covered covering a tree, that's a whole different story.
Speaker 5: Get out of our front yard because there are massive trees in front of the room.
Speaker 4: It's wild, but we're here. But I think we should deserve some sort of CMA for being just just getting here. That's the rice, you know. Hopefully it's the awards they we like take second recognized group of folks risk it all to be in there. That's us, right, yeah, I guess not okay.
Speaker 6: I mean you can say that speech.
Speaker 4: I go up, hey, that's us right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's our updates here. I've I fell this morning. My back and my neck are killed. It's the only time I've fallen on the Oh yeah hard, because I was trees have fallen knocked down, like fences and gates, so I can't let the dog just run out in the backyard. And I was walking Eller on a leash, who's a bigger dog who's a husky, and I kind of have my tracks down, but she was pulling me right on ice.
Speaker 4: I fell and I like bent like a pretzel.
Speaker 5: And the first thing I think is I had my ankle surgically repaired, and I'm like, oh god, so it's okay. And then I slowly get up and then I stand up and I'm like, ok get that hurt. And I kept walking and it was all good.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Like thirty minutes ago, my back and my neck just start killing me.
Speaker 6: And that's so you weren't in a store or anything, so you can't see.
Speaker 5: I know, I was thinking maybe I asked the people to hit lunchbox you could, so yeah, like, I'm hurting now, Gosh.
Speaker 4: I text my wife. I was like, yeah, because I told her. I text her from the fall as you were down on the ground. I fell, I fell.
Speaker 1: We need to get you a button.
Speaker 4: There's no power, so you can't see it on camera. Camera. Yeah, thank god. But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm hurting a little bit. But we were here. That's the only update we'll talk about as far as that goes. Today.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: And because of that winterstorm you just heard about, there, of course are lots of road damage and trees fallen and all kinds of things that are happening. Well, Bobby and his wife were driving and saw a stranded driver who was stuck in ice, and they jumped in.
Speaker 4: To help out.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 5: So we're driving near the house and there's a guy in a big white SUV and he's stuck and he's near the house. He's obviously stuck and he's spinning. He's by himself and I just have on sweats. We've been dealing with no power, we've been dealing with bouncing back and forth. We were staying over in like a studio that we use some for podcasting. And so I was like, oh man, I got to help this guy. And so I'm like, are you good. I knew he wasn't good.
Speaker 4: You're good. And he's like, I'm stuck. I'm all right.
Speaker 5: So I get out and I'm like, okay, you get on the gas and his car have you seen the pictures?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay. His car was right by a tree.
Speaker 5: Or I would go and push from the back glass, like put my hand inside the back glass of the suv and push from the side. It was right by a tree, and I don't want to die and have that thing like slides and pinch me in. So I'm behind the car and it's ice and I'm like, go whoo, I'm trying to rocket. It's one man and one man. Whoa nothing? We got close once, go I'm pushing whoa nothing. He's like, she's not moving. Caitlin's in the car. She's pregnant. She doesn't like, I want to say very pregnant. He's pregnant. You're pregnant.
Speaker 4: And I said, Heylen, can you get in this guy's car? And oh, so that both of you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, and she's like, yeah, I guess, And so she's in like slides and sweats and I walk her over obviously I don't want her to fall on the ice, and so she gets in the car.
Speaker 4: I'm behind the car.
Speaker 5: He's kind kind of behind the car because there are trees and now the one that's gonna get smashed and we want to die, and so we're rocking it rock one. Well, first of all, we grabbed a bunch of have to put in the mud underneath it, try to get some kind of traction.
Speaker 4: So we did.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, let's find First of all, let's use your mats, because that's the first thing you do. I've been stuck many times. You to put the mats under there to take it some attraction. That didn't work because he'd already dug holes from just spinning so much, and it had gone from ice that it was starting to be the dirt. So then we got like some tree. We're cramming tree limbs and stuff under there just to get any try to get any traction with the wheels, and so we go.
Speaker 4: We're rocking already. Two three. You go Caylen Goes, whoa a little scared, not her truck, so she didn't hit it hard the first time. We're like, you gotta go.
Speaker 5: And then we're also watching to make sure no cars were coming down the roads. We did, we didn't hit them like, she didn't jump out there and lose control. And so we go again.
Speaker 4: We just have to get over this lip on the road, this ice, this lip to get on the road. On two three. Whoa, we started to get a little traction. We're go, go, go, go back set didn't get it.
Speaker 6: Dang's frustrating.
Speaker 5: It's so frustrating, and I start to realize I'm kind of getting dirty by this.
Speaker 4: No big deal. Next time, go just nailing it.
Speaker 5: We're pushing as hard as we can. It starts to get some lip. By this time, I can feel the mud just covering me, my face, all my body, everywhere. I'm just covered caked in mud. The truck catches oo pulls out. I'm not kidding when I say this, I'm covered in mud too. The guy goes, hey, man, thanks, can I get a selfie?
Speaker 4: I didn't even know, No, I didn't even know that the guy knew me from the show. It was dark. He was stuck, and I'm like, sure, man, so I do a thumbs up.
Speaker 5: I'm covered in mud. I don't realize how much mud I'm covered in yet. Funny, and so he goes thanks man. Kaitlyn gets out of walking back to the car. He just gets off and drys off. I don't know what I thought would happen, Like it would be like, hey, thanks, I really appreciate.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So did he slide off?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, you didn't know.
Speaker 4: No, because as soon as I got there, I wasn't I'm not asking a much questions. I was like, hey, what's I said, Hey, are you stuck? I knew he was stuck. He was like yeah, I said, can I help you?
Speaker 5: And he was in the truck because at first it was just him, so we didn't We're talking like if he was in the truck as I was pushing, and the second one happens, and then we're just out there. I'm sure I'm cold and me had on a pair of my I think they're literally they're literally my favorite shoes.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I knew what they were because I seen you.
Speaker 4: And I love shoes and these were expensive shoes. Are they ruined there? I don't know how they're not runed it's up on Instagram if you go mister Bobby Bones on Instagram. I am covered in mud.
Speaker 5: It was in so much so I took a shower and I had to have my wife come e value it and be like, no, they're still it's in your ears and I had to dig in my ears to get it out. I ruined everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think. I didn't want anything from the guy, just felt weird. But he just jumped in the car and drove off. My wife said he might have had food in his car to deliver, like you could have been a delivery driver, because she saw a bunch of bags of food in there either that he's picking up.
Speaker 8: But I know, oh those shoes, man, they're done.
Speaker 4: They're oh no.
Speaker 1: I mean they saw but I'm like, maybe we could restore them.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what you should do is tag the brand and be like, look, that brand does not care.
Speaker 8: These shoes died being a hero, and maybe they'll send you a new pair.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 6: Bad customer service over there.
Speaker 4: This is how much.
Speaker 6: Yay, Oh my goodness, and they're it's the.
Speaker 4: Only shoes I had on. I wasn't planning helping anybody.
Speaker 1: You didn't think like you're like in the ice.
Speaker 4: Didn't I was out there just to help.
Speaker 1: What's the That's that's what heroes do.
Speaker 4: That's you know what. It wasn't about me. I don't think thank you, no need to clap. But if you if you insist, if everybody insists, solid hey man, everybody in seest, thank you.
Speaker 6: You're going to stand out.
Speaker 4: If you're all going to stand out, thank you man.
Speaker 6: That is forcing me to get up.
Speaker 4: We peer pressured during.
Speaker 8: I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I remember taking a video though no one would have believed me.
Speaker 6: When that video popped up, I'm like, is he sick?
Speaker 1: Like like a septic blew up on yours.
Speaker 4: I got mudded, for sure.
Speaker 5: But the guy got out and I hope if he was delivering food, he got us food there in time and everything's good.
Speaker 4: So that that was my night. So yeah, look at us.
Speaker 6: Not of a hero, not a hero.
Speaker 4: I'm not a hero, man, don't call me that. I refuse to be called a hero.
Speaker 8: Tell me some good.
Speaker 4: Just another day, just another day.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Y'all were loving this one online. It's definitely a visual thing. But I want you to listen first, so and he brought a story about how thirty seconds of hugging is super beneficial. And then something's happened in the studio because of the story. So listen to it and then go watch it on our socials at Bobby Bone.
Speaker 4: Show number one. Amy's not gonna give us play by play of what happens to our body when we hug someone. Okay, go ahead? Uh.
Speaker 7: Second zero to three, your brain registers I am safe. Your body doesn't scan for threats. Seconds three through seven, oxytocin releases. This is a bonding hormone. It tells your nervous system you belong. Second seven through fifteen, This is a long hug.
Speaker 4: This feels creepy. Yeah, or somebody died because this is a long one ahead.
Speaker 7: Cortisol drops muscles, relax, your breath deepens tension you didn't know you were holding.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 7: Seconds fifteen through thirty, your paara sympathetic nervous system activates. This is when healing happens. Your digestion improves, and your heart rate studies. And then finally that stretch of thirty seconds to sixty seconds, your body regular lights, your blood pressure lowers, your emotional safety deepens and your nervous system resets.
Speaker 4: When does your brain go, I'm in danger. Yeah, fight, try to get out of their arms because this isn't normal.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 7: You need a hug for at least thirty to sixty seconds and you'll get these benefits.
Speaker 1: I mean, how can you not want to hug after knowing this?
Speaker 4: What's the longest on their sixty seconds?
Speaker 7: It's between the thirty to sixty second mark that your body really starts to regulate.
Speaker 6: Minutes.
Speaker 5: Just let's just do thirty. Yeah, Eddie and Lunchbox to stand up here and hug for thirty seconds? No, no, no shows how weird this is?
Speaker 1: Tell us what your brain is.
Speaker 4: Hold if you take your headphones off?
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, hold on? Can' we wait? What's the thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Seconds this you get turned on?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No way, No, we can't do this. He's on the allis. We can't do this.
Speaker 4: No, okay, Morgan, will you take Eddie's camera? You guys pop up on the stage. I'll hug him for thirty seconds, yes, and I'll start the timer.
Speaker 8: Eddie don't don't like weird stuff?
Speaker 6: What do you mean? Don't?
Speaker 8: We're one bro.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys get on stage. Why are you hobbling up?
Speaker 8: Me too?
Speaker 4: Me too?
Speaker 6: Me too?
Speaker 7: Okay, well, hey, your your your muscles are going to relax here, coming up quick.
Speaker 4: Okay, we need a full embrace on the stage. You can't like fight back, okay, Amy, So the first zero to three, what's gonna happen? First yer to three?
Speaker 1: Their brain is going to register that they're safe, okay, and they're.
Speaker 4: Gonna I'm gonna hit time.
Speaker 5: This is a real hug, so it's gotta be take thirty thirty one seconds.
Speaker 4: So it needs to be arms around like a hug. But then also your bellies have to touch because that's a real hug. Yes, your stomachs have to touch.
Speaker 7: Yes, and like kind of like probably one of your heads needs to nestle in the corner the.
Speaker 4: Next Yes, because it's got to be a full hug. Okay, Ready, if anybody pulls back, we start over, ready and go okay, hug all the way in. Okay, go have time started.
Speaker 1: Safety is registering safety, Safety.
Speaker 4: Is registering many second to now. Okay, calm calm down up there, Amy, go ahead, what happen?
Speaker 7: I think at this point oxytocin is releasing. Their nervous systems are saying you belong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you guys feel like you belong? Okay, but your stomachs, guys.
Speaker 1: Right about now, cortisols should be.
Speaker 4: Dropping tight there you go.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. Tension, tension you didn't know you have is starting to relax.
Speaker 4: He looks is so tense right now his head. Yeah, he's brave. He felt just relaxed. Relax What you got to relax? You look anything but relaxed. Relaxed, dude, all right, time time, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, able to relax. Lunch box is as stiff as a bord over here, Eddie.
Speaker 4: Here's why, because to be careful with those words.
Speaker 8: Eddie is sitting there going yeah, Eddie, he looks he's making it awkward. And then he started doing his fingers on my back.
Speaker 6: My fingers, that's just my palm, Eddie. I like that.
Speaker 1: Did you feel your digestion improvie?
Speaker 6: Not yet?
Speaker 4: Did you feel safe?
Speaker 6: I did feel safe, yeah, but he was so tense.
Speaker 4: He's so tense, he's holding his neck. He didn't get any benefits of that, hug.
Speaker 6: I think you did, though, Like I was trying to squeeze so I can loosen his back muscles because they're so tight.
Speaker 8: That's part of the car wreck.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, stop it.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize that you weren't hurt at all for days and I'm telling you my back is not good now it's hurt.
Speaker 4: It is okay, everyone hug, Hug a little.
Speaker 1: More something, Hug a little more and a little longer.
Speaker 4: There you can hug a little more and a little longer. That's our lesson from today.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: That wraps it for me this weekend. Thank you guys for being here. I'm going to reiterate one more time. Please stay safe, take care of yourselves, stay warm. If you need help, ask for it. If you can help others, help them. We're in some crazy times right now. If you're impacted by the winter storm, and if you're not, please enjoy the warm weather, the warm heat for the rest of us.
Speaker 1: And for now, this is where I leave you.
Speaker 3: And if you need another distraction, you can check out my podcast Take this personally. We have a lot of cool interviews up in recent months.
Speaker 4: And I'm really proud of it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyways, okay, bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 4: Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 1: Platforms and follow ed web
Speaker 2: Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.