Speaker 1: Hey, you found it the home of the Second Date Update. It is Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and thanks for being here on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: I love all the comments we've been getting from all over the world, and I think this one really sums up what these second dates are. Nicolie Hubert in Brazil wrote, the call just gets worse and worse. Oh It's true, it does. It's like a guilty pleasure listening though. You know, we love when you comment, we love when you subscribe even more, so please do it. And hey, just sit back and enjoy the Second Date Update. It's brand new and it starts right now.
Speaker 3: The Second Date Updated.
Speaker 4: A lot of so called dating experts will tell you that it's good to bond over things that you both love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you use dating experts and quotes that is true?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm telling like the same TV shows, same sports teams, Yes, same mom. I don't know if I really trust that line of thinking, but one of our listeners says he was drawn to a woman based on what they both hate, and that actually sounds.
Speaker 3: Healthier to me.
Speaker 1: That can't bring you together.
Speaker 4: So I don't say this often, but let's spread the hate today and talk to Ethan learn about his date.
Speaker 3: Ethan, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: That slogan of the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, since we're spreading hate, everyone wants to go around the room and say who do you hate?
Speaker 2: Brook?
Speaker 3: Now, before we do that, I like that idea for that exercise.
Speaker 4: First, let's talk to Ethan about what he hates and how that bonded him to the girl that what's her name by the.
Speaker 2: Way, you go first, Well, her name is Aria, Okay, and she got me laughing over her first line, which was her biggest pet peeve is people who microwave fish.
Speaker 1: It work, Brook, I stop bringing in salmon. Okay.
Speaker 3: And where did she say that line?
Speaker 2: Oh it's on her dating profile. Okay.
Speaker 3: So you saw that and you were like, this is my type of woman.
Speaker 1: And it's probably a good opening, right, like for you to strike up a conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's actually a guy that does that at my work. So we kind of bonded.
Speaker 1: Talking about bad smelling food hot fish.
Speaker 4: Every office has at least one of those people. But that's cool to bond over that.
Speaker 2: It was an opening to see her personality and man, she's funny, and we just got along so well after that.
Speaker 4: It's a humor so important sure for everybody.
Speaker 3: Some people all bond over how much they hate humor. Yeah, did you tell joke? But okay, you guys end up meeting up for a date.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wanted to pick a place like a restaurant so I could get to know her, a place that wasn't crowded. And that's important to me, just us focusing on getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: What do you, I don't know. I get worried about that. Non crowded places mean bad food to me.
Speaker 3: I think the positive though.
Speaker 4: It is quiet and you get a little bit more intimately, you can actually talk.
Speaker 1: The whole staff is probably listening to everywhere. You said, it's dead quiet. I love sitting next to a first.
Speaker 2: Day and.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, it's nice that you got exactly what you wanted. How did it go?
Speaker 2: It went well. And I'm also not a fan of cameras.
Speaker 1: Camera.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have a lot of things that you hate so far, you.
Speaker 1: See, I'm taking some sort of FBI watch list too.
Speaker 4: So far, you hate people that microwave their fish, you hate big crowds, and you hate cameras.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the cameras deal?
Speaker 2: Explain that, well, security cams like businesses and restaurants, they have so many. They capture your image and they can use it for anything.
Speaker 1: They also usually don't work.
Speaker 3: I feel you though.
Speaker 4: The people at the radio station use my image on stuff all the time, and it's really annoying.
Speaker 1: Sit talking about the promotional picture.
Speaker 3: Everyone on the cars. It's on the fly. Give me some space.
Speaker 5: I like, I'm with you bro.
Speaker 3: People daily and.
Speaker 1: Tell her the thing about how you hated security cameras.
Speaker 2: No, I like to scout that out ahead of time.
Speaker 1: You go and see before you go.
Speaker 3: He's thorough Brooke.
Speaker 4: He does his research and decides if he likes the place before he takes there.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Imagine put security cameras to look at their security cameras. So were you able to bond over more stuff you hate it?
Speaker 2: Dinner we talked about traveling in hobbies like I like to work out and run and she likes to play tennis.
Speaker 1: That's also you're both active people, but you.
Speaker 3: Don't you hate walking running only.
Speaker 1: From the authorities after they catch them on the security camps.
Speaker 2: I'm really a positive person. I don't know why. There's just some things that bug me, that's all, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, And we kind of really leaned in to that with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did the date end?
Speaker 2: Basically after the meal, we left and I asked her, I don't live far from here. Would you be up for coming over and having a drink and hanging out?
Speaker 1: Okay, forward night, getting your figure and you're reading the room right, you know, like she's into it.
Speaker 2: She said, yeah, sweet. Nice. She must have had second thoughts, though, because a few minutes later, as we were walking and just having a good conversation, she said, you know what, on second thought, I got to get up for work in the morning, so I gotta go. And I was like, are you sure, and she said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fair. I think it could have been one of those moments where it's like you got the devil and the angel on your shoulder, and then the Devil's like, do it, it'll be fun. Angel's like, no, you have a meeting in the morning, don't Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Ethan, you think she was being honest with you that she really had to go work the next day?
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure, and it's been like eight or nine days since then, and it feels like things have shifted. So I don't know why, and I need your help to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Right, what did you do with that thirty seconds to make her change her mind?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What were you talking about?
Speaker 4: You're like, hey, I have thirteen security cameras in my house that way.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's right. He doesn't like the security call. Oh, that's right, So.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, I have no security cameras.
Speaker 2: I mean, we didn't talk about security cameras like that at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, no care, Okay, good, that's good. That's positive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, let's.
Speaker 4: Find out what made her change her mind and decide to turn around halfway over to your place.
Speaker 3: We'll get you your second date update with Aria. Right after this second date update.
Speaker 4: We're talking to Ethan, who we learned is not a fan of microwaved fish, large crowds, or security.
Speaker 1: Cameras things that really go together.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: But good news is he is a big fan of all the woman that he went out with the other night, and it went great until the very end of the evening, when she changed her mind on the walk over to his place and said, actually, never mind, I need to get home and sleep because I have to work tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He was fine with that, He just wasn't fine with her not calling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that was eight days ago.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what she does for work that could keep her occupied for eight straight days and nights. But it seems like something is up right a streamer like me, she.
Speaker 3: Could do one of those marathon streams.
Speaker 4: Or she doesn't get off until she has a certain amount of that seems highly likely, yes, Or she works on a submarine out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 3: There's just no.
Speaker 4: Service out there. He had an astronaut of some sort. We didn't ask what.
Speaker 3: She did for a living.
Speaker 2: I know a streamer.
Speaker 1: I know a biologist who has to track like sixty miles into the wilderness to follow some Arctic foxes.
Speaker 3: Do you think we're close on any of these guesses, ethan.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's a good question. I think I think he could be.
Speaker 1: You never found out what she did, Yeah, I mean, you're saying, during an entire dinner date you didn't ask.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. I think she's in marketing, Okay.
Speaker 4: Marketing submarines and marketing rocket ships, so that's totally different.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Can I just add real quick because you sound like a really private guy. I think it's really cool that you're going out on a limb and calling us for help, and like I mean, I think it means.
Speaker 4: A lot translation if this doesn't work out, Brooke is interesting.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Let's call this.
Speaker 4: A lady and see if she's willing to give you another shot.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Thank you, we got you.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Aria.
Speaker 3: It's nice to.
Speaker 4: Talk to a friendly person on this everyone. So in a while, we're a radio show. We're called Broken Jeffrey in the Morning. I don't know if you've heard of us. Oh oh, oh, don't worry, it's not We're not doing a bad thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's so cute.
Speaker 6: What's going on here, guys?
Speaker 4: We're doing this thing on our show called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you met up with about a week ago. A little bit more than that. His name's Ethan.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, wait, actually yeah, yeah, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Are we sure? We talked to Ethan?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm very very surprised by that, really, are you.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe he's a hard guy to read, you know, like how he's feeling.
Speaker 3: What makes Why are you surprised?
Speaker 6: Okay, So we just he seems like a very private person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we spoke and we got that impression too, So I guess I can understand why you're a little bit surprised that he would come through a radio show to reach you.
Speaker 1: I mean we even actually applauded him for doing it. He's going out on a limb just because he likes you so much.
Speaker 6: That's very very sweet.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like he maybe is a sweet guy. He's also a confused guy right now, because it's been eight days since you hung out, and he doesn't really have an explanation for why the two of you haven't.
Speaker 3: Met up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we were even debating in studio whether or not you really had work the next morning or you just made that up as an excuse.
Speaker 6: No, I really did, I did, Okay, Okay, it was a convenient excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both things can be true. We didn't think about that party.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wait, she actually has a job, that's the problem. So why did you need to use an excuse.
Speaker 6: You're not going to believe me. Okay a minute, it's unbelievable what you're about to say. I mean, I told a couple of my best friends this and they couldn't believe it. I kind of couldn't believe it when it happened.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: We're interested? Yeah, you got to tell us.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we just had dinner. We're walking and I thought, okay, like maybe we're going to go back to his place.
Speaker 1: Huh wait, you can't laugh through it because I can't always understand.
Speaker 2: What you're saying.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: We don't like laughing on this.
Speaker 1: The moment what happened?
Speaker 6: He said, if we do that, you're going to have to sign an n DA.
Speaker 2: We what?
Speaker 1: Oh no, he was joking.
Speaker 4: Or no, only celebrities, you said NDA like a non disclosure agreement.
Speaker 6: Actually what I thought he said for her, because this made more sense to me, was you like the NBA.
Speaker 1: O NBA like the basketball? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I couldn't possibly care less. But I started to be like, oh, I don't really like sports. He's like no, no, no, no, no, and then again repeated and he a and I just have never been that confused in my life?
Speaker 1: Did he explain why? Why did he want an NDA?
Speaker 6: Kind of so, I'm like, I feel so stupid for asking this, Like are you famous? I don't like that's not knowing, but are you or something? He goes, no, but my dad is.
Speaker 2: Somebody?
Speaker 3: My dad, okay?
Speaker 4: And that didn't make you want to sign the NDA even more, just to like figure that out.
Speaker 1: Why is he going to bring his dad up and tell you stuff about his dad that you have to sign an NDA for?
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, can we just stop this for a second. I don't like the way this has gone.
Speaker 4: Oh hello, when we were just getting to the good stuff, I felt like.
Speaker 6: Before, what is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Alright, we we didn't mention to you before, but that is Ethan who's been waiting on the other line wanting to talk to.
Speaker 2: You, And oh yeah, I didn't know that bothered you. And I think I told you I don't go on dates a lot, like maybe once or twice a year, but the ones that I do, all the women that come back to my place have no problem signing the NDA.
Speaker 1: That's not a good start. All the other women I bring back I love dishonest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's being honest, and he's clearly a wanted man subject a through.
Speaker 2: Z have always.
Speaker 6: I don't like that at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's let's reword that a little bit ethan.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's just whoever I hang out with, I have them do that. And I'm surprised he was bringing up on the radio.
Speaker 6: Well, well, first of all, I did not plan on being on the radio. Second, I really liked you, and I really wanted to hang out again. But you must understand that nobody does that. I promise you, maybe like a like a super famous person or like a criminal or something.
Speaker 3: I don't think the criminals really do that.
Speaker 6: It's not it's not a normal thing.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're kind of selling it to yourself there, because all of the best parties and events that I've ever been to made me sign in das, especially.
Speaker 1: The criminal ones.
Speaker 4: Well I would tell you more, but I'm technically not allowed to speak on that.
Speaker 1: So wait, aren't you dying of curiosity of who his dad is? I have to feel like i'd sign it just to find out.
Speaker 6: Honestly, it just seems fake to.
Speaker 4: Me, believe believe that he's really like as a famous dad.
Speaker 2: You don't believe me that I'm rich and famous. Come on, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, then I'm Spresby went to that restaurant.
Speaker 2: But okay, okay, exactly.
Speaker 4: No, it fits the profile. He doesn't like to be caught on camera. He doesn't like to be seen big crowd. He wants to go to places that are under the radar so that nobody knows who he is.
Speaker 1: And all the rich and famous people need our help getting another date. It's true, everybody in Hollywood knows.
Speaker 2: Aria.
Speaker 4: You should really rethink your decision here. I would like to offer to send you out on another date with mysterious Ethan to find out.
Speaker 2: Hey, before she answers, I need to let you know I think I'm out. She just doesn't value privacy as much as I do. Why yes, Yeah, I think I'm done before I have the.
Speaker 6: Chance to say it.
Speaker 2: Great, that's it.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: We're done? Dude?
Speaker 1: This is going to kill me. Alexis sign anything, But then you can't tell anyone. She can tell me? Can I text it?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 3: There's always loopholes in these guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks for trying. I appreciate it, but I've got to go.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh god, he hung up.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 1: What has happened is we didn't get any answers.
Speaker 4: What has happened as you lost your chance with Ben Stiller's son is what happens.
Speaker 3: Right, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get mad at people for saying no. I mean, that's totally their right, But sometimes you need to pull a Brook and drop your morals and just say yes to someone that you don't even like just for the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do it for the plot. I mean I feel like I was the originator of that slogan, doing that for decades just for the plot.
Speaker 4: How many basement boys and homeless folks did you go out with just to come into the radio and tell that story?
Speaker 1: But they're such good stories, and they were good people sort.
Speaker 2: Of pot.
Speaker 1: It's fun and I got I want closure on this so bad.
Speaker 4: Now we're never going to know who the NDA guy really is and that is going to haunt all of us for the rest of our year and probably the rest of our lives.
Speaker 1: It is kind of a baller move if it's just a lie to say that you have to sign an NDA. Yeah, this is like I can't tell you, is it baller?
Speaker 2: If you can't get a date though.
Speaker 4: If you can't get a date NDA or not, you can always reach out to us. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and if you want to go check out all of our second date updates. They're available on podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey