Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv Right, you ready, You're ready, Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six, Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is Monday here on the show, and you know that means we got a lot to talk about. Tonight is Monday nightra and we got a few more weeks until WrestleMania, and we got a lot going on on Raw Tonight it's Madison Square Garden. We got two tag team title matches. We got the women's tag team titles on the line, we got the men's tag team titles on the line. Brock Lesner is gonna be there and plenty more so we'll give you a lineup for that show. Also n XT tomorrow, Dynamite on Wednesday, we got Standing Deliver this weekend, we got Secura Genesis this weekend. Dynasty is coming up next weekend and I will be there for that one. And actually you'll be going from Dynasty back home and then to WrestleMania because WrestleMania is the Saturday and Sunday after Dynasty, so a lot of stuff coming up. Speaking of WrestleMania, yes, John Cena is going to be there, We got some notes on that as well as Goldberg and a bunch of injuries this weekend. Kyle Fletcher was injured and Nikki bella minor injury. Josh Alexander needs surgery. We got some updates on a class action WWE lawsuit. We got someone who was injured coming back from injury, so we'll tell you about that, and plenty of other news as well. Filthy Tom Lawler is gonna join us here today as he does every Monday, and if you want to text us, forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six is forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at fort wd online at gmail dot com, atford w Online threads Instagram and cameo. I'm at Brian Alvarez on X and Blue Sky. Lots to get into after the break, everybody, so stick around back at the moment Observer.
Speaker 3: Live, I'm holding in my hand the American Silver Eagle. It's a beautiful piece.
Speaker 4: Of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that, however much you have available to invest, silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars. So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money, and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American Silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred six two oh one six two four eight hundred six two oh one six two four eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty.
Speaker 6: Four with Medguard Alert you're never alone. You can connect with met medical professionals anywhere, anytime. And now med Guard is introducing our exclusive new care Watch. If you need help, quickly use it from anywhere to contact medical professionals, no cell phone required. The care Watch is not only a life saving medical alert device, it's a revolutionary health monitoring system that checks your blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, and much more. And here's the best part. If you have Medicaid, you may qualify to gainst your care Watch for free. The care Watch is only available through medguard Alert call us right now. We have monitoring programs starting as low as a dollar a day. The call is free, activation is free, shipping is free, and no contract is required. Remember, with Medicaid, you may qualify to gainst your care Watch for free. Call us to get your care Watch right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred eighty five three eight nine three one, eight hundred eighty five three eight nine three one, eight hundred eighty five three eight nine three one. That's eight hundred eighty five three eighty nine thirty one.
Speaker 7: I am an American veteran. I'm proud you have served this country. Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program, they'll explain how their program works, and then a range of time they can come and pick up your vehicle for free, running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles or vans.
Speaker 2: Show your support.
Speaker 7: By donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Car Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give.
Speaker 1: You right now.
Speaker 7: Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eighty seven, one oh ninety seven, eight hundred eight eight seven, one oh ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper Peevie on the Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Network and the show Brain Elver is here Wrestling Observer Live Filthy Tom Lawler joining us here today. That old Sandman here on the board says or on the chat looks like Wreussel Khan Super Show is saying they've worked hard on a main event they've been trying to get and just pass the final hurdle with negotiations today. These people have never faced each other and the possibility of this match may never happen again. What could this match be? Tom a once in a lifetime. They've never faced and they may never face off again.
Speaker 8: Is it you versus the Boogie Woogie Man?
Speaker 1: Oh God, damn, I wish nah. I've heard nothing about that, So to not look good for that Battle of the Ages, Well, tonight is raw and we got a lot coming up for Raw. Tonight. There's a street fight for the world tag team titles USO's against Austin Theory and Logan Paul tag titles on the line, Lash Legend Night Jacks against Bailey and lyra Eo versus Raquel. Brock Lesner will appear, well, you've got see him, Punkin Roman Reigns under the same roof, and Penta against Kofi Kingston. Some of these previews are always like they'll be under the same roof, or for SmackDown, it was like who will Randy or an Attack this week, So it's a mystery.
Speaker 8: Did you see Roman Reigns on I believe was the Jimmy Kimmel Show last week.
Speaker 1: I saw a clip of it, but I didn't watch the whole interview.
Speaker 8: Well, he essentially tried to set up the match as being a battle of the z Bros from Zootopia too, since of course Roman Reigns and Seampunk were the two voices of the Zebras. So that's a new twist on this matchup, I guess, not a new twist, but not one that I expected to be used in the anticipation and promotion. They were both zbros in Zootopia too, and now they will do battle.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I told the story of here on this show, but Paisley, Paisley's got into Harry Potter and there's like some blonde haired kid on Harry Potter that now she thinks is kind of cute, and so her and Hanulay we're talking about handsome men, and Haneley goes, you know, it was more handsome than Daddy, and I was like, I gotta hear this. Who is more handsome than you?
Speaker 2: Did say?
Speaker 8: You didn't immediately say, John Cena.
Speaker 1: You know who, she answered, is more handsome than her father. The horse from Zootopia. Wha a horse from Zootopia?
Speaker 8: She is not incorrect?
Speaker 1: Who plays this guy?
Speaker 8: I don't know. You don't remember what he looked like here?
Speaker 1: I vaguely remember. Yeah, actually, because when we went to I remember who he told the story too. We went to Spokane. H I can't mention the name because it would break k fabe, but we went up to uh to their hotel room. He's got, he's got, he's got two kids, and they were watching Zootopia and I'm just kind of sitting there stewing, like whatever. And then the horse shows up and I was like, all right, fine, I had horses definitely more handsome than her daddy.
Speaker 8: Mayor wind Dancer.
Speaker 1: Patrick Warburton apparently plays the horse on Zootopia.
Speaker 8: You know what the horse's name is? Brian?
Speaker 1: Is he really?
Speaker 8: No, it's Ry Brian wind Dancer?
Speaker 1: Is it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Golly? How about that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Anyway, what can you do? All right? John cenas speaking of John Cena, your hero John Cena. He will be at WrestleMania forty two as the host for the weekend. He posted a video on x from Hollywood. He is currently filming a Netflix movie. He said Los Angeles and Las Vegas are in close proximity, and since the show is in need of a host, he said, among things, it's a role he's looking forward to pursue. He he says, I'm shooting movie for Netflix called One Attempt Remaining, which he notes you can see when it comes out. Thanks.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 1: Also on the road, which is ironic because there's a road to WrestleMania going on. Hollywood is close to Vegas, room around town. WrestleMania is a host. Well, I'm already on that road. I'll see you at WrestleMania. So yes, John Cena is going to be the host of WrestleMania.
Speaker 8: Hold on, We've got guys out there have been put in work all of twenty twenty six, all of last year, and they're being told they can't get a spot on WrestleMania. What has John Cena done lately to deserve a hosting gig on Wressellmania?
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, it's just it's not just your sarcasms.
Speaker 8: Like they should do the angle where he's in the audience trying to get the hosting gig.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think they did that one year. But the bigger thing is, remember when Johnson was doing that retirement tour and they were selling tickets as this is the last time you will ever see John Cena in such and such, the last time you'll ever see Johnsen and such as such, And of course I think we all knew it's not the last time. But hey, is anybody in Vegas? Can you confirm whether or not the last time WWE is in Vegas? They announced that it would be the last time you would ever see John Cena in Las Vegas. Because here he is, he's the host of the show.
Speaker 8: How would anybody in Las Vegas or anywhere else see John Cena?
Speaker 1: Brian Well, he says, we're gonna seen it a Russell MAINI he's retired. You can see him now because you know what else, Tom he used to say, never give up and then he quit. So I can't take anything, this guy says seriously at this point. Now, got a couple of injuries to talk about. Actually, we'll do Kyle Fletcher next because I got more on that one. But Nicki Bella injured her. I guess her ankle. She rolled her ankle or something on SmackDown brawling outside with Naya Jacks. We couldn't see it. It was like off screen. But whatever happened, I mean, she could barely walk. She hobbled into the ring. They did like a quick something or other. She ended aboutside. The doctor went over to check on her, and then that was the en of Nicki Bella, like when they did the Schmas afterwards, and all the baby faces are in the rings celebrating. She never got back in the ring, but apparently they say she's gonna be all right, so that's good. We've also got Roxanne Perez who was out of action for quite a while. She underwent surgery to have a benign mass removed from her back which had caused her a lot of pain in the last couple of months, and she should be back at any time. And this one is interesting because if you recall, Finn Balor is the one that brought her into the judgment day and since she's been gone, Finn Baler has been kicked out of the Judgment day. So I guess the question is when she comes back, is she going to align herself with Finn Balor or is she going to end up back in the judgment day? So we shall see. Probably tonight because they're in Madison Square Garden. They usually like to do a lot of big stuff. And then also Josh Alexander got some bad news. He was injured on the March eighteenth Collision taping and he went to his doctor and as doctor told him that he needs surgery. Found out minutes ago how serious it was. I've been limping and in pain for a week. My surgeon told me I'm gonna need surgery this coming Wednesday. My knee injury is pretty severe. I will not be clear to compete. No timetable set for my return. He was the maple Leaf Pro Canadian Champion as well, and obviously he was stripped of the title and I think they did something, but I forget who ended up becoming the interim champion or whatever maple Leaf did. I'll get that after the break. But anyway, best wishes to everybody who is injured. And we'll talk about Kyle Fletcher when we come back from the break, because there's actually a lot to talk about with Kyle Fletcher, but that'll be coming up after the break. How was your hip, Tom, I'm too.
Speaker 8: Hip to be square, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Well, how'd you feel after that, Well you just let it go. Come back, dude, I can't find out how my friend's doing. Like people ask me all the time, how's Filthy's hip? How's filthy doing? How's Filthy's hip? It's like, well, he's my co host on the show, I'll ask him. Then I asked him and he's like, ah, no, one cares. What ask me.
Speaker 8: About my hip? You want me to violate hipp a law.
Speaker 1: It's not a hippo law. Like, how's it feel? Does it hurt? Right now?
Speaker 8: This is this is not information for you to know.
Speaker 1: Oh God, the worst. Just give us something to getting into the break here for the next twenty five seconds. All right, Dom, take us to break. Brother, We'll go early and then we'll come back after the break and talk about Kyle Fletcher idiot back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper Beebee on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So a lot to talk about with Kyle Fletcher here. So first off, on the Collision Show this weekend, they were doing a tag match and it was Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher versus Zach Wentz and Desmond Xavier Rascals, and they're doing a spot there at the end where Davis and Kyle they grabbed the baby faces and they go for the double overhead belly to belly deal. But they're facing each other and so as they go to do the move, like they're actually too close to each other, and so Kyle's leg as he's like doing the bridge, bunks into Davis's leg and Kyle all of a sudden can't get his own leg out of the way, and so he fell on his own ankle and he immediately grabbed his ankle, but then stopped because he wasn't supposed to and he kind of rolled out of the way. And I mean he did the whole match. He finished the match, He limped around, he did some limping running, he threw boots. I mean, he did the whole match. He finished the match. But then you know, he walks. They got the ramp and he did not walk up that ramp. He went straight down through the other way to get out of there, and he did leave in a walking boot. So we don't have an update, but hopefully he's all right, because you know, as we're gonna talk about in a moment with Adam Cole. You know, Adam Cole, he ran and he jumped off the ramp, landed on his foot and like destroyed his foot and he was out forever. You just, you know, honestly like that.
Speaker 8: That's because I attacked him that could have been a collision and beat up his leg like months before that.
Speaker 1: But I know you don't like to talk about it, Tom, but you did have a hip replacement. And I watched your comeback this weekend, and you recovered much faster than Adam Cole from his broken foot. You recovered much faster than Bianca Bella from her broken finger. So you never know what's going to happen in one of these injuries.
Speaker 8: Right, But I did not recover as fast as Will Osprey, Well, no one did from his broken neck.
Speaker 1: John Cena didn't recover as fast from his torn peck then or whatever that happened here ago. But anyway, so Kyle is hopefully all right. And you know, last week he was doing an interview and they asked him about I think he was either all out or all in. All out and all in being next to each other, I can never figure out which is which. But it was the match where he was going to go in there and he was scheduled to beat Adam Cole for the T and T title. I believe it was a T and T title. There's so many belts, but the boint is that was a day that he was going to go in there and beat Adam Cole for the T and T title. This was all in Texas and like he'd flown his whole family there and he was all excited, and so he was asked about it because obviously they didn't happen, and he did the interview talking about how it was one of the worst days of his life and the rug got pulled out from under him, and he was he was all, you know, depressed about it, and you know, last week on the show, I got pretty hot because you know, the reason the rug got pulled out from under him, the reason the match didn't take place is because he can cussed Adam Cole, which pretty much most likely has led to Adam Cole's retirement. And because of that, they ended up doing the four way or whatever they did, and Dustin Rhodes left with the title, and I was just I was upset about the interview because it was like, he didn't mention Adam Cole at all. He was just only talking about how he had a bad day. And to his credit, you know, there was a lot of criticism about this, and he could have pulled a ricochet and just like got nuts on Twitter and yelled at people and got all angry and defensive. But instead, you know, a couple of days later, he did an interview with Adrian Hernandez and he apologized. He said, I was very upset with myself for the way that I worded it in that interview. I would like to apologize for the way I spoke and the words that I used. I think the words I used were a bit insensitive, saying it was one of the worst days of my life. I thought process when I was answering that and answering any question about that day. I never want to talk about somebody else's story and that whole situation, a lot of it is Adam's story to tell. When I was answering that question, they asked me about my emotions on that day, I did my best to not address what happened with Adam to the best of my ability and just focus on how I felt. Truthfully, that was one of the worst days of my life. I had people in my ear telling me you should be saying in promos you injured Adam Cole using it for heat or whatever, and I never felt good about that, so I've tried my best to stay away from talking about it. One of the reasons it was one of the worst days of my life is because, think about it, I had to watch someone that I admire very much and look up to stand in the ring and cry and base say he might never wrestle again. And then I had to go out there in the ring and perform, basically knowing it was possibly my fault, and that everybody in the arena knew it was my fault. And I'm sure you could imagine the headspace. I really don't feel like I have the right to complain about any of it because of what Adam is going through and has gone through. My feeling's pale in comparison to his, so all credit to Kyle Fletcher. He made some comments and people were critical, and he understood why, and he apologized and he explained himself, and you know, I was really happy to hear that. So hopefully he's okay. Hopefully Adam Cole is improving and can come back someday hopefully nobody ever gets hurt and wrestling again, although that's not going to happen, but it was very nice to see that response to that.
Speaker 8: Speaking of which, would you like to talk about the TNA Sacrifice main event?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's another one. Well, tell us what happened and I'll get the quote from.
Speaker 8: There was a match taking place between Mike Santana defending against Steve Macklin in one of Brian's favorite storylines of twenty twenty six, where Steve Macklin has attacked multiple people on TNA's staff. He has interrupted matches and caused chaos and was rewarded with a title shot. And in that match, it was very early on, within maybe two minutes or so three minutes of the match, they were both going back and forth off the ropes, running into each other, and you know, it's a pretty common spot. One guy will hit the ropes, hit a move, then he'll run back to the other side and the opponent will cut him off with a strike. And Santana was throwing a super kick and they misjudged the placement in the ring. I believe Santana was just too close to Macklin when he came off the ropes and threw the kick and didn't see it and he was knocked unconscious. He went into the fencing position. He was stiff, and the referee, what is Alice Jean, No.
Speaker 1: It's I forget her name, but she's really good.
Speaker 8: Lane, Alice Lane. Alice Lane stepped in and assessed the situation. Santana was actually playing to the crowd and they were screaming f him up, and you know he there was no need because the super kick knocked back went out and luckily Alice Lane stepped in stopped the match. They did an angle where Eddie Edwards ran down and then he got beat up on the fly and put through a table by Santana to send home the crowd happy. But a great job, especially when you know, we're just over the past two weeks talking about the referee situation in OVW where he was knocked unconscious and the lack of lack of help, lack of awareness of the situation happening. It was great to see it happen, you know, not great to see the injury happen, but great to see the referee step in and do a tremendous job of keeping Steve Macklin safe and from suffering any more head trauma, because apparently he was released on Saturday, So yeah, good news.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny how life works. But that Ohio Valley thing was just like so appalling, and I feel terrible for the referee, but honestly, at the end of the day, I don't want to say it was worth it, but like after it happened, now everybody is like, I don't think something like that's ever gonna happen again. I mean, the way that they handled the situation, it was this was the main event on a pl not just some random match. Okay, It's like this was the main event and in this referee Alice Lane saw it happened, it was like it's over. She ended the main event like a minute in done.
Speaker 8: Yeah. We even not to blow the you know, blow cover too much, but we even had a walkie talkie last week at the commentary booth. Yeah, in case we saw something that you know, needed to be relay, or maybe if something happened in the ref that we needed to call to the back. So already, you know, even independent shows have started taking steps to rectify that situation, make sure it does not happen again.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like all you can hope for is when a terrible thing happens, people learn from it and then it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 8: And let's all learn from another terrible thing. And that is do not if you are a fan of wrestling, especially deathmatch wrestling, do not engage in fights and stab wrestlers, because that is what happened to Mad's cruel Krueger this past weekend in Chicago. Was in some sort of verbal altercation before the show, during the show, and then afterwards was attacked by this gentleman and in the process I believe was stabbed.
Speaker 1: Yes, it wasn't like apparently he was all right. It wasn't like a you know, he didn't like he.
Speaker 8: Didn't even know he first, but he he is a monster.
Speaker 1: So he got cut. But we'll get into that in a second. We gotta we gotta go way back here. So first off, yes, Macklin was released the next day and they said that he was he didn't suffer concussion somehow, even though he got knocked out, they ruled that he had not had a concussion.
Speaker 8: I don't understand that that I know, it's like I saw what I saw.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and you see in UFC all the time it's like, dude gets kot and then they reveal he didn't have a concussion. It's like, dude, if you got knocked out, you have a concussion, that's just it. But anyway, they said he didn't. But the point is, and this is kind of interesting, the match went like a minute, got stopped and they have already announced the main event for their next big show and he's not in it. So they're not going to redo the match. They're going right to the Eddie Edwards. So they must have some like whatever they've got planned out. But that was his world title shot for now. He'll probably get another one down the road, but they are moving on to Eddie Edwards and not just doing that match again. We got more on this stabbings and more after the break Observer life.
Speaker 9: Have you suffered sports betting losses? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients and now with sports betting Claim dot Com. He'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals hard by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay.
Speaker 8: If you have suffered.
Speaker 9: Financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation, please submit your claim information for evaluation at sportsbettingclaim dot com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you sportsbetting Claim dot Com.
Speaker 10: Hello Americans, it's Uncle Sam here. If you owe ten thousand dollars or more in back taxes to the IRS or state, don't worry. I've got important news that may help you negotiate a lower tax bill in today's economy. The IRS has released a variety of new rules and is offering more flexible terms to help Americans looking to settle their IRS debt. If you apply today, we may be able to lift your wage garnishments and release a freeze on your bank assets or business. Our team of tax professionals can resolve your case and stop collection actions against you, even if you've been audited or havn't filed a return in years. They can help. Call right now and find out if you qualify to settle your IRS debt for far less than what you owe. Pick up your phone right now and call us for a free five hundred dollars IRS tax review. Don't wait, here's the number.
Speaker 5: Call right now. Eight hundred nine four three nine two one five eight hundred nine four three nine two one five eight hundred nine four three nine two one five again for the last time. That's eight hundred nine four three ninety two point fifteen.
Speaker 11: Do you want to add a boost to your sex life this weekend? Do you want to make your partner and yourself happy? Then call our special hotline now. We'll sell you those little pills that work below the bell for less than one dollar a pill, and deliver your package in a few days, just in time for the weekend. Our pill delivers almost the same results as expensive pills for less than a dollar apiece, and you don't need a prescription and ask about there, buy three get three free offer. What are you waiting for? Boost your sex life and have a great time now less than a dollar a pill, discrete delivery in a few days and a buy three get three free offer. Down this number and save it now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred two four five two seven five one, eight hundred two four five two seven five one eight hundred two four five two seven five one. That's eight hundred two four five twenty seven fifty one paid for by the pharmacy shot.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simperbevi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more here. So first off, Mike Santana said, every time I'm getting ready for a match, I find a corner, take a moment in myself, I kneel and pray to God to protect me and my opponent. Watch over. So we head out to give the fans an escape and something worth what they pay their harder and money for. But we all no freak accidents happen sometimes out of our control in the moment. That's the unfortunate reality of what we do. All we can do is learn from it and take preventative measures going forward so we can avoid making the same mistakes. I will say I'm truly proud of how TNA handled the situation, even more proud of referee Alice Lane or elite professionalism quick thinking saved us. We were truly blessed to have had her out there with us. I'm glad Steve is safe and doing well. One of the toughest guys I know, someone I've considered a close friend for a long time. At the end of the day, our health and well being come first, and we showed exactly that. I'm not laughing about this. I'm actually this Alice Lane, I think is an awesome referee, and I'm pretty sure it was her. God, what was that TNA match? They had some TNA match. I forget who was in it, but like, oh my god, they just had like the best finish. It's like somebody was being like a jerk. It was it was a no, it was former Top Dolla. It was just being such a jerk. And then finally like he's he like screams at uh at Alice Lane, and she she she sells it like a person would really sell it, like I'm a professional, I'm gonna do my job, but like, screw you, buddy. It's just like it's just this angry look on her face. And then they had some sort of finish where like you know, she didn't see it because oh yeah, she like closed her eyes to let it was like it was so awesome. But she was perfect in the role. And anyway, it was interesting that her and Eddie Edwards. I'm not even sure what this really is. But Carlos Silva before the tapings on Saturday, announced that he was giving Alice Lane as well as Eddie Edwards the TNA All Star Award, which is like cool because you know, she got the award for what she did and Eddie got the award for a quote stepping up in a big way. But like, I don't even know this ward is. I think do they get a ribbon?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: You know? Who?
Speaker 1: You could ask who's that?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: Lance?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I could ask him. The problem is every time I asked Lance anything about ten as like, I don't know, h I'll ask him tomorrow. We'll see if he's ever got the TNA L Star Award. Hey, I gotta ask you, Tom, what do you think of SmackDown?
Speaker 7: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: Shall I go on or do you want to answer?
Speaker 8: What were they doing? What are they thinking?
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's the deal.
Speaker 8: Raddy Orton is not he's not cutting baby face promos, by the way. I just want to I just want to make that.
Speaker 1: Oh you're listening to observer radio. Okay, yeah he is.
Speaker 8: He is going out there and he is telling the fans I'm not listening to you in the most patterned like heal manner possible, like written for him. Now, if the idea is that they're doing that to make him more of a heel so that he is cheered and they're playing some four dy chess, then go for it. Have fun.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to mention this and then you can review it. I watched the show and I thought that added its ups and it add its downs. It was alright, it was fine, and I did the brand of viny show talking about it, and then everyone in the thread is like, you liked it, you thought the show was good, and then you know they're talking about that was the worst show I've seen in like years, and then they start putting out like on Cage Match, it's got like a two out of ten, and I was like, what are you guys talking about? Like, first off, I just watched NXT on Tuesday, and after watching NXT on Tuesday at worse, this show was a seven. But don't go telling me this was like the worst show in years, because that NXT show was fifty times worse. And then people are like, wow, you know, fans are really angry. That's AMI one and so they're giving it a bad score and I was like, okay, so this is all stupid. What did you think of the show? And let's review it.
Speaker 8: I you know what, I would liking it to that NXT show on Tuesday that you hated, because to me, a lot of this is just nonsensical.
Speaker 1: But it's nowhere near as bad as that NXT show. Please please, Tom, don't be a Cage Match troll. Brother. No, But I like, should I look at the text messages that you sent me during NXT.
Speaker 8: Some of these finishes are really bad on this show.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 8: They started off with a video of Randy Orton beating up Matt Cardona backstage, beating him down inside of the ring before the Viper made his way to the Square Circle to open the show. He said he's put away the voices inside his head for years, but a few weeks ago, with Cody's blessing, he started listening to them again. He no longer listens to the voices of the fans. However, there is one person that has his ear. We do not find out who that is. Instead, Matt Cardona comes out while Orton brates him before Cardona slugs him in the head with the microphone and leaves. So backstage, Nick Elvis let Trick Williams know that he's gonna have a match at WrestleMania. He doesn't tell him who it's with. Sammy's Ann comes in and he asks Elvis, what am I doing at WrestleMania. Nick goes, I didn't want to do this here, but we might as well unless something changes. There's no spot on you for Mania right now.
Speaker 1: He's got no path to WrestleMania.
Speaker 8: Wow, well he has. He pointed out all the times he's lost. Well, yeah, and he had a valid point. He's just been losing and losing and losing. So Sammy's like, oh, I'll think of something, and he starts to walk away, but as Trick keeps talking to Alvis, he goes back lays out Trick with one punch, just like had happened in the prior segment where Matt Cardona walked up to Randy Orton and laid him out with one punch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of that, huh.
Speaker 8: Then we had the Bellot Twins taking on Charlotte Flair and Alexa Blizz.
Speaker 1: Actually first we had the segment backstage where Randy goes, Aldis, why are you letting this happen? I want this Matt Cardona tonight, and Alvis goes, guy's got a broken arm, and Randy goes, I know, I broke it. You know what if you don't give me the match tonight, I'm taking this guy out anyway, So I'll just goes ah, right, you can have it.
Speaker 8: God, maybe he's a babyface.
Speaker 1: That was a Nava line right there.
Speaker 8: The Bellat Twins took on Charlotte and Alexa Blist. The Irresistible Forces came down, they bad mouth both teams, sat ringside to watch them, just to prove they're not threatened by them. The Twins pinned Alexa in the apron beat her down for a bit before commercial break. Nicky threw Alexa into Lash and Naya, but the ref intervened before it could break down into a brawl. The Hall of Fame duo worked over Bliss's arm before she countered them with the double DDT tagged Charlotte in. Alexi got back in after the hot tag from Charlotte b reactivated bre mode, Alexa punched her in the face, dropped her with one punch like we just saw in the prior segments. Then during a kickoff, what the hell happened? Something happened, Lash Legend punched, Yeah, there was a roll up attempt, Alexi got kicked off. Last Legend punched her in the face and then bre pinned her with a roll up, and the Irresistible Forces got in the ring beat down all the other women before they went for the vegimatic on Alexa, which man I would have loved to see that, but Bailey and Libra ran down and made the save.
Speaker 1: By the way, I just got an update that Nikki Bella is currently in a walking boot, although she does say that she'll be ready in a week, so that is the update entirely possible.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I believe it. Rhea Ripley did a promotional microphone appearance in front of the crowd. She called out Jade Cargill and her new friends BFAB Emisian. The crowd booed them vociferously.
Speaker 1: So this worked, dude, Like everyone was all down on this segment, but it's like, bro, do you watch SmackDown? This was the most over BFAB has ever been. Michen did a good job. The three of them, to me, are way better together than they are apart. And I thought this was just like a perfectly fine build to wrestle met and it sets up matches for the next two weeks for Rita to take out the other two. That all was wrong with this.
Speaker 8: They got booed out of the building like in the dominic Mysterio style. They couldn't even start talking really, so that was clearly the most heat that BFAB and Mission have gotten in a long time. And I mean to have them there with Jade also to talk. I'm I'm not upset with it, Like, have Jade be the muscle of this trio. The match sucked, It was nothing. Rhea and BFAB went to a DQ immediately and then Ria got laid out with jaded, Kathy Kelly caught up with a bandage. Drew McIntyre talked to him. Jelly Roll was set to fight Kit Wilson, who first needed to defend his mother's honor with a poem. So Roll stayed in the middle of the ring during this match while Kit Wilson moved around him, atomic drop after atomic drop, clothesline of the floor. Wilson grabbed his poetry book used it as a distraction to blindside Jelly and then Jelly Roll made a comeback and uh he won Aaron square fair and square with a choke slam. What that happened?
Speaker 1: Appearance, no slippers, banan appeal, no book, clean way to make.
Speaker 8: Every one look like a loser. Good. Yeah, this is one of my least favorite things. Like he could he couldn't have been hit with his own book or something. There could have been some sort of distraction, you know what I mean, like something, dude, they had the book right there. There should have been some sort of out for kid Wilson. The other thing is right, like in some of these past instances, like mister T winning, Mister T's whole aura is that mister T was a tough guy, not jelly Roll, what bro even that, mister you canna be tough all you want. It doesn't matter you're getting pinned for three seconds if you're stepping out of the rehab facility and step it into the mat.
Speaker 1: I right, I just wrote about this mister T not to waste time, Like he was believed by the public to be the toughest guy in America in like nineteen eighty four, nineteen eighty five because of this this television show, Like they believed he was a tough guy. Well, either Roddy Piper nor Bob Orton would job to this guy. They were like, no, we're not doing it. We are not losing to mister T. And so like the match almost to WrestleMania one match almost never happened, Like mister T was afraid they were gonna try and beat him up. They didn't want to do a job for him. And then finally the only reason it happened was because somebody decided, all right, I'll do a job. It's got to be a hogan. Here we got Jelly Roll clean in the middle beating Kid Wilson. I didn't like it as a match. I thought Kid Wilson did a great job. I thought Jelly did very good, but I was I did not like that finish at all.
Speaker 8: J Jelly Roll looked like like an indie worker from like the early two thousands with that get up too so. Carmelo Hayes at a US Title Open challenge accepted by Sammy z Ain, Trick Williams comes out to watch. Mellow had a first forty forty eight. As Samue was going for the Halluva kick, he went in to the top rope. He went for the nothing but net Sammy caught him, give him blue thunderbomb trick through the belt in the ring the US title. The ref took it. Mello ran Sammy towards the ropes trick through a punch, but Sammy ducked. He punched Mellow directly in the face. Sammy hit the Halluva kick and he pinned Carmelo Hayes to win the US title.
Speaker 1: You know, people were upset about this, but I think it's just patently obvious what they're doing, which is they want Sammy Zay to make Trick Williams look like a million dollars at WrestleMania and put the title on Trick Williams. And I don't think they want to go to Trick and Mello so early with like a two week bild. It'd be better with Sammy anyway. So everyone angry about Sammy, Like, I think it's obvious he's a transitional champion here to put over a guy and continue his loser storyline, probably leading to a yield turn.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: Issue is that people want some sort of resolution or some sort of payoff for Carmelo, hayes Il dragging off and the guys who have been carrying this US title division for the past year or so. Well, that's what the people are upset about.
Speaker 1: There's always that Andre battle Oil.
Speaker 2: Back in a moment, obs, you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: All right, anything else important from SmackDown before we go?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I remember, like, uh, Tiffany Stratton almost killed Julia with a swanton bomb. Oh frust her.
Speaker 1: That whole match was aprocious and Tiffany screwed up every single spot. It was something else to watch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Then she looked at Keana James too long and went for the moon Salt and Julia got her knees up and pinned her, and.
Speaker 1: Then what happened? Yeah, and then she looked at her too long. Tiffany didn't even sell the knees up, would you? Well, God, yeah, you're supposed to.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I guess if somebody tells me a, you're losing because you'll look at Keanu James too long. Actually I probably I'd probably still be looking anyways. Uh, Reddy Orton took out mac Cardona in the main event, and you'll never guess what happened. Mac Cardona won, No, he didn't. No, he got killed kao nowhere killed.
Speaker 1: And then last night Dave oes, what do you expect? It's Cardona And I was like, bro, I've seen every match in w W in the last two years. Tell me the last match with anybody who was a name that didn't even get a comeback, not even like one spot he got Randy Orton got heat on the guy and then it was a true RKO out of nowhere because in the middle of the heat he r kaotum and pinned him. I was like, oh my god, wow.
Speaker 8: That I love the fact that Cody was in his bus waiting. Then as soon as the match was over. He got out. Yeah, like if you really want to fight somebody that bad?
Speaker 1: He wanted to the match.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, he wanted to see the match. He was waiting. That was on his bucket list for twenty twenty six. Anyways, they couldn't be separate. Cody and Randy and Jelly Roll showed up, got in everyone's face, and then Randy Orton gave him an RKO and the crowd cheered. They cheered, not only.
Speaker 1: Cheered, but they also chanted Randy's name afterwards.
Speaker 8: Howled, hey, revenge for Kit Wilson.
Speaker 1: He did get revenge for a kid, like golly, alright, guys, we gotta go. Hey, I'll be back later on tonight with Dave Wrestling Observer Radio. Look at him guns and I'll be back.
Speaker 8: Ah ah, it's the Kit Wilson, you fool.
Speaker 1: I'm Kit Wilson too. We'll talk to you next time. Everybody Wresting Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network