Speaker 1: Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL Playoffs, is bringing you an offer that will help make the playoffs electrifying. New customers can bet five bucks on any game and get two hundred instantly in bonus bets. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and see code Shannon. New customers can bet just five bucks and get two hundred instantly in bonus bets only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with the code Shannon.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours. Hello, ladies and.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, Welcome to another edition of Nightcap Basketball Style. I'm your favorite thunk, Shannon Shark. That is your favorite number zero, Agent zero Wildcat Arizona Wildcat Legend. That is Gilbert Arenas. Thank you for joining us. Make sure you hit that light button. Make sure you hit that subscribe But Nightcap is now at nine hundred and four thousand subscribers and we do have a chance to hit one million before we go live February eighth in Las Vegas. Make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. We also have it through Club Shay Shape, but Nightcap has its own podcast feed that you can listen to Nightcap through, So make sure you subscribed to that. You can also make sure you subscribe and light Gill's Arena channel on YouTube. It show airs Monday through Friday, Monday through Thursday. Excuse me, Monday through Thursday live eleven thirty am Pacific. That is the Gill Arena Show. It's on this channel YouTube channel and it airs Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty eight m Pacific time. We've also pinned shay by Laportier at the top of the chat. Hey, super Bowl, Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, they're a birthday. There's something special that you can go out and buy yourself a bottle or that someone special that you like or love a bottle. Ladies, if you get this for your guy on Valentine's Day, he would greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Gil.
Speaker 1: Before we get started talking about this Sun's game and we spent around the NBA, we got to talk about that shootout that you got shot up here. Now it was a shootout, but you ain't have no gun. It got shot up.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: Come on, I'm bad. You know how much money I lost betting on you.
Speaker 4: I must have left the clip in the house because when I went there.
Speaker 2: Hey, I thought I was loaded up.
Speaker 4: I was shooting all blames my man, Gil, How you letting this do?
Speaker 1: And I told you, see, that's the one thing that you couldn't do. Remember we had this fight. We asked, We asked Nate Robinson. We say, Nate, just don't get knocked out.
Speaker 4: Nay, you gotta do this for the culture, just so everybody, this with all the homies, this with Pooky Ray.
Speaker 1: Ray and locked up. We pulled out a little liquor. I said, Nate, just don't get knocked out. And what happened to me? All out in the center ring. All you had to do?
Speaker 4: Leave?
Speaker 2: I said, Gil, you can't lose in the first round.
Speaker 1: And the dude got to be like he had to play Overseas, got like three years in the NBA.
Speaker 2: You lose to a guy like that.
Speaker 1: People ain't gonna say nothing, Gil, People like, hey, man, a dude was in the league.
Speaker 4: Dude played Overseas. Gil, I lost to everybody. It was to forget him.
Speaker 2: I lost.
Speaker 4: I was damn near second last kill.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got to at least back to the finals so we can show the taper how you losing the first round and then you're not there the rest of the show.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, listen here men with oh show? Uh had his vision on what's what's what's ravens? Yeah, his eyes was bigger than bigger than Yeah.
Speaker 2: How his knees buckled up? That was my knees during that shoot out. I was why were you so tensed? Why were you so nervous?
Speaker 4: Because I've been trying to get this thing off the ground for like three years and just to see it there, see that, people see all the players. The kid came out, the kid I was out there, chip drilling. I might be gonna life you the two dollars on me, man, I want to give you a show.
Speaker 1: That I see because I'm looking at it like I'll say, well, I know Gill gill Man at least made it to the finals.
Speaker 4: Man. I jumped on my timeline. They like the finals. Hey, Gil went out the first the first round, Agent twelve, Baby, I'm jam ran out there, baby, Agent twelf.
Speaker 2: I'm off my islands.
Speaker 4: I'm out the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, how you go? Gil?
Speaker 1: You kn't tell Hey, y'all need to see me. Tell everybody to show up. You got something for them, and you showed up with a water pistol.
Speaker 4: And cheated up.
Speaker 2: Listen. I was at three am.
Speaker 4: I even hit the shooting machines so they couldn't use the shooting machine and get enough shots up. Uh oh, well, you had to left all your shots in the gym. You left all your threes in the gym. Why you leave your best stuff on the cutting room floor. You know you're making the.
Speaker 1: Move and say, hey man, we left our best Hell you left your best stuff on the showroom.
Speaker 4: Fark man, Listen, I was sweating the sort of things start. I was the only one in there.
Speaker 1: Sweating well because you're the one, the only one that had to press you the NBA player, No, there was, we.
Speaker 4: Had Nikki Young, everybody was there, but the excitement got there. They just got the best of me. I ain't even know. I didn't even know that. Where did Nick finish a lot better than me? He should have made it to the finals, but they disqualified him, said his foot was on the line for his shots, so he went from eighteen to fourteen.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, so he mad at me. No, you should be mad at you. Damn to him mad at you? You, He'll be mad at you all the sleep that you you deprived yourself. U all the huntings that didn't get no, honey, because you wanted to get up a couple of extra shots and you did that for that.
Speaker 4: Gil, And listen, I got kids, man, it was like, you didn't come to my game for that. Yes, my kids. Listen, my kids showed up. As soon as I missed like six more, they walked out like, oh, we didn't come in for this.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: All my kids ain't talked to me since you missed all our games to get out about Hey, they.
Speaker 2: Talk about you. Are you gilling with the reader son? Nope, noo.
Speaker 1: That is so you ain't need to train to do that. Ah bat, That pressure got the best Gil. That happened to the best of Gil. That happened to the best of us. All right, let's been in the league. Sons beat the Maverige one thirty two to one.
Speaker 2: On nine.
Speaker 1: Book went off forty six points seventeen or twenty three from the floor.
Speaker 2: Katie finished with.
Speaker 1: Twelve points on four ten shooting Gil and I saw them when the Luca made a three and they went up sixteen. I come back down and it's time fifty eight fifty, I said, on what happened?
Speaker 4: I go back upstairs to brush my teeth, and I come back down and the sun's up.
Speaker 2: By like too.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hold on, wait, Amue, So I come downstairs. I'm changing all the TVs because I think something glitched upstairs. I guess they went on the street where they didn't miss with like three or four shots over the course like sixteen minutes.
Speaker 4: It was called that Devin Booker effect, that Book that Devin Booker got.
Speaker 1: Wow, he got he got loose on him, man. But that's what can happen when you're dealing with the Suns. Because you remember, over the last couple of games, Book had a game where he went for fifty two. Then KD had a couple of games where he go for forties, and then here come Book following up with another forty six points performance.
Speaker 2: And that's what happens.
Speaker 1: One of those guys can get hot, and we haven't seen that kind of hot shooting from Bradley Beal. We know he can get hot and light you up. But what we have seen is Book and KD all today games in which each one of those guys goes off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know when we're watching this team right now, and we said we haven't you know, watched Bill gowalff yet he's only taking about eight Like tonight he only took eight shots, five for eight, still killing, right, you know, he hasn't taken this fifteen sixteen shots.
Speaker 2: I think he's still trying to get a feel.
Speaker 4: For Tadi didn't play very well that they only took ten shots, right, he had the double, a little double double, almost trouble double. Right, but book but Booker carried the load for them today. And that's how good they are. Right without Kyrie on that side, it was like they're playing, all right, you gonna go fifty today and then you're gonna miss tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come and give you fifty. Right.
Speaker 4: We need to see Kyrie and Luca together playing some some some games and see what.
Speaker 2: They really have.
Speaker 1: Right now, everybody's been, you know, subbing in, basically seving in for each other. Right, you're looking at the box line. Deviy Booker had forty six, Grayson Allen had fifteen five of eight three or five from the three point line. Bradley Beal was eight of fifteen three or seven. He had twenty. As you mentioned, KD played thirty six thirty eight minutes, didn't have a great shooting night. You know, you know kde had a bad night when he goes four to seven from the free throw line, no facts, right, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, all of a sudden, he struggled.
Speaker 1: He's struggling with his he struggled with his shot tonight. He's all four from the three, four to ten from the floor, so he shot forty percent from the field. He shot zero percent from the three point line, and he's what fifty four seven is what sixty percent from the three from the free throw line. So you know, Kevin Kevin Durant didn't have it tonight. But Devin Booker did seventeen or twenty three, six to ten from the three point line and six of eight from the free throw line, forty six points plus thirty three plus minus. So where do you have the Suns now? After seeing them they seem to be getting it together, where do you think? How high do you think they can go and how deep do you think they can make a run in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: It's hard I'm to judge them because we haven't seen all three have a great game to see what their potential is. Right, you know, we know when one has a great game or two has a great game. You know, Okay, they're gonna win a game. I want to see where their ceiling is when all three are making shots, when all three you got one at forty, you got another one probably at forty, another one at.
Speaker 2: Like twenty eight.
Speaker 4: I want to see what the Big three look like when they're all playing well, to see how untouchable they actually look.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's realistic? Because what you just mentioned is that the three guys having one hundred and eight points. I'm thinking all three of these guys together having something around hot seventies to ninety points is a great game. You mentioned one o eight for the three. Can they all get enough shots in order to make this happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it's it's enough shots. It's just making shots. When they're all making shots together, Like if Katie would have win eight for ten, four for four from the three made all his free throws, you know you look looking at twenty five twenty six points, right, So you know it's I just want to see, like when they're all clicking at the same time, how scary does it look? Because in the playoffs, all you need is three of those at the right time some game seven is a game six, like you know what I mean, Like, we need to see what happens when it looks all there together, and that's what I'm went for. Right now, they still look beatable, right, but when you look at when you look at it, are you sure we're gonna be able to see that? Because we got a situation and we see Devin Booker get it going, so it's almost like they give up their game, and maybe Kadi got out of rhythm because he wasn't getting the shots that he would normally take because okay, we're gonna feed the hot hand. But it's still even even with with with Booker. Booker only missed six shots, right, yes, right, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That Kd's eight for ten.
Speaker 4: But four for four from the three point line. If Bill makes two more shots and he's ten for fifteen, right though, those are gonna happen, right, We just need to see it to see what it looks like when when they're bothalot, Like when you know when Kad, Curry and Clay when they all was hitting, right, oh lord jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but see when they was always hitting. That's a thirty or twenty sixth and twenty two. You said you want a forty forty in a twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Hey, and today's game they putting up that many points. Yeah, they're putting up that many points where they could do that.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, the map, you're right when you look at the Mavericks. No, I mean, none of the starters were in double figures except Luca Green had eight. Live in the second had eight, Derrick Jones Junior had six, Grant Williams had eight. Yeah, if you get that kind of production out of your starters, you're not gonna you're not gonna win.
Speaker 2: Obviously, they miss Kyrie. Kyrie.
Speaker 1: You know, Kyrie's gonna give you somewhere twenty two to twenty eight points. So maybe that that would have been enough to kind of offset what they were doing. But yeah, the Mavericks are so under man without Kyrie because basically it's a two man team. Everybody else try to get in where they fit in. But this is a two man team and one of the men were out. I didn't really expect them. I didn't expect the game to flip like it did. But I didn't expect the Mavericks to win this game. Yeah, but see.
Speaker 4: This is a game where Tim Hardaway junior, right, what is he coming off the bench for? They got? They got, They got a juggernaut team coming in here. Of scoring, we need to put our best scorers on the court. You're your second best player that's right now playing when you take Kyrie out?
Speaker 2: Is is Tim Hardaway junior wat right off the bench? Still?
Speaker 4: Like? Let that shit go, Let that old mentality go. Where you have a bunch of defensive players that can't score six six, eight, eight, Like what a they on the floor for? You got the match scoring? At this point?
Speaker 1: Do you think of situation that if you take him and you take him off the bench, you're gonna lose so much of your bench scoring.
Speaker 4: It's it's the same if I can't keep up with the start in five and then I got a suber Man. Anyway, what's the point, right, me coming off the bench and I got a guy coming off the bench against their bench players doesn't really do me any good because he has to make up this seventeen point, this fifteen point loss. It never made sense right let players play against bench players, because what's happening is you have bench players trying to guard Booker right right, and Booker don't have to play no defense who.
Speaker 2: He had to guard, who he had to guard to day right Green, John Green or the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, if you really look at it, though, Gil Hardaway Junior basically played start a minute. Grant Williams only played eleven minute, Darrick Jones Junior only played twenty four minutes. So theoretically, even though he's a he's coming off the bench, he's really playing starter minutes. Kind of like lou will and Tres did when they played with the Clippers that last year. They ended up playing starters minute even though they was coming off the bench because more time than not, they were end up closing the games and so they ended up getting the line share of the minutes. But I understand what you're saying is that, look, we need to match their scoring. So if we're down by twint it doesn't matter whether you're gonna come in and give us off the bench.
Speaker 2: We already down to far yes, right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: KD is at it again.
Speaker 1: He's been responding to responding guys on on on Twitter. He's Katie says masters that KD does it. Does it to disturb you that regardless whatever you do the rest of your career, You'll never be beloved by the fans and Golden State, your Golden State move that's that's you were like Anakin Skywalker that was supposed to bring balance to the Boyds. Then you joined the dark side fans by merch vote men into the All Star Game to support me in real life betray trade up he got off that tweet.
Speaker 4: So look, Kevin has made it a buddy Liclear. He's not gonna shy a way.
Speaker 1: He's gonna speak, be it through his his his verified account or through his burner accounts. He's gonna respond, what's your take on this?
Speaker 2: Gil? Human man? It's human?
Speaker 4: I mean you know when you when you're talking about just us, even though we're athletes, right, personalities, we have feelings to right right, and you know you're talking about you, you're a Golden State fan, and you're telling me that you would never be loved.
Speaker 2: Like two of your rings came because of me?
Speaker 4: Shut up, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like two of your rings came because of me?
Speaker 4: Right, No matter what you say, Steph Curry has four rings.
Speaker 2: Two of those rings were because of me, right right.
Speaker 4: I I single handily with the help of y'all, came in here and dominated period. Right. You know, y'all lost to Cleveland and came and got me right, and we won two rings off of my help. So to try to disrespect me is what would hurt anybody's feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he has to understand the people are looking at it. You joined a team team that won seventy three games. No team in the seventy seven seventy eight year history of the NBA has ever won that many games. And you joined the team that had a unanimous MVP. Since they've been handing out that award, only one man has ever won that award unanimously.
Speaker 2: That's Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: You joined that team after having that team down. You had the team down three to one that ended up losing the championship after being up three to one, and you go join them and you and you're like, ro, it's all good. And people say, well, Lebron did Cleveland. If I'm not mistaken, Miami won forty seven games that year and went out in the first round. So I'm just I don't understand why he doesn't understand why people like it'll be it would be like who would to say it would be like the Nuggets win the win the championship, and all of a sudden, Joel and bide, Giannis goes and joined, Oh no, wait a minute, bro, and you win a championship and then you up to be your chanter.
Speaker 2: But hey, I got you titles.
Speaker 4: Nah, no, listen, let's see wait wait, hold go up, come on, talk to you.
Speaker 2: He came and got me.
Speaker 4: They lost day. Can I get you if you don't want to go. You know what I'm saying is they lost three to one on Lebron, So that seventy nine that day, that's seventy three. That record didn't mean shit because they didn't win a title. And then if you lost three one to that very team, But so what did that say about you? That we had them down three one? Yeah, we had them down three one. He we we we won, we lost, We.
Speaker 2: Gave it up.
Speaker 4: They gave it up to and came and gotten me because they couldn't get past Lebron.
Speaker 2: But you could have said no, I could have That's what you told me.
Speaker 1: You said cash is yes, So you could have said no, could have.
Speaker 4: Said no, But they was bagging up. Come right there like like it's not like you been to the champion like he is searching for something, just like they are searching for something. Right when he's a free agent. He has all the scoring type he has an NDP for, but he's a first ballot Hall of Famer without the titles, without a title. Just if he ended his career at twenty eight first ballot Hall of Famer, the only thing he needed as an individual resume was a ring and the finals MVP. Once he won that, he's been floating since.
Speaker 2: Yes, But but here's my thing, Gil, this is me.
Speaker 1: I believe you can be great, great without a championship, but in order to be considered the greatest, you have to have those if this is why you have to have because how do you put a guy with one MVP and say he's in the goat Because now you're saying, Okay, Kareem has six MVPs, Jordan has five, Russell has five, Lebron has four, a Will has four.
Speaker 2: That's regular season MVPs.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously they didn't start handing out finals MVPs to nineteen six. So how many would Bill Russell finals MVPs would he have had if he'll won eleven championships? I'm assuming if he wins eleven, he's probably let's just be safe guilt and says he wins four, let's just say that, Okay, he's gonna win four.
Speaker 2: Will probably he won two titles.
Speaker 1: He's probably gonna be at least one finals MVP, maybe both because he did average like eighteen nineteen rebounds and like eighteen nineteen points in the finals with the Lakers. So if you that's why I said, for me, you have to have three regular season MVPs and at least two finals MVPs because now you're just gonna be bringing guys. Because so everybody that has one title and one regular season MVP can say, well, I'm in the gold debate, and how do we argue that?
Speaker 4: But because you you can, because at the end of the day, what is the debate? It's only it's only two people in a sense, we do a vote, and we say, all right, let's do a vote.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put five people out there.
Speaker 4: Whoever has the two highest the other three get the fuck off right here, You're not even part of this debate anymore. Do we say your name from Fox and Giggles, right, And that's just the way it is. So the debate, the debate is really not a debate. We're just trying to figure out how to keep people's name alive.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But the thing is is that no one has ever mentioned him in the goat debate.
Speaker 2: He brought that up me personally.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe you heard it because you're around basketball a lot more than I am. I do cover the game, but I've never ever heard since I've been on television the last seven eight years, anybody put him into goat debate. No, Now, I could be wrong, Okay, So his debate is okay, Right, Like when we talk about Kevin Durant, we talk about he is probably the best natural score that ever played, right, Okay, so when you say natural score, it's just who.
Speaker 4: Scores better at him, Kobe or Jordan. That's that's the category he's in.
Speaker 2: That ain't no goat.
Speaker 1: So you're talk about Okay, so he and the gold story talk story conversation.
Speaker 2: I take will, I take will, but not.
Speaker 4: But but we're talking about not just the just natural the ability to get the ability to just.
Speaker 2: Put the ball in the basket.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, so we we that's what like just like the goat of point guards, the goad of shooting guards. Right there, the big man, there's these layers of goats that we have, but that is't what we do get.
Speaker 1: We don't say, Okay, the goat uh of of Africa is this, and the goat of India is this, and the goat of this jungle is that. That ain't what we do I know, but no, we say goat. When we say goat, we're talking about everywhere. We're talking about a basketball player, and we're talking a lot of times we've kind of excluded the big men because we say, well, the big man couldn't do it, because we got to get somebody to get them the ball. So we kind of that's why kind of Kareem, I mean, Kareem got six m vps. He got more in eth did anybody. He got six championships, and he was the all time lead scorer, the third all time lead rebounder. If people who who creep like he was trash, if people don't realize what you see Joel and b do Kareem was doing that.
Speaker 2: It's a seventies But that's why I said it was the seventies.
Speaker 4: Man, they didn't they didn't care about they didn't care about basketball, and so the black and the white guy got together when this was gumbo, right, when it was a gumbo, when it was a mixing part of all the talent in the world, seventy eight, seventy nine, that's when the NBA started.
Speaker 2: That's why Magic Bird was there there, right there, guys.
Speaker 4: Right, So the goat debate is really it's not it's really not a debate. Right. You have Michael Jordan, who stands in the room by himself. Right, the things he did for the game could never be matched. There's never gonna be a ten time scoring chimp. No, So no matter what you say, he's gonna hold that. That's gonna be held on everyone's hand. Ten times scoring champ, sit on finals, MVP, those are not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I mean not for another ten, fifteen, twenty years.
Speaker 4: So he's gonna be in a category of his own. Everybody's really just fighting for second. It's fighting for second place. So all this this argument is when you're talking about debate, it's who's gonna fight for second place at this right?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right, But I've really never loved and that, like I said, I will obviously, when you're a great player, obviously you hold yourself and Dave bey high regards you. And I tell people this all the time, and people used to look at me like I was crazy. I see, the greater the player, the greater the ego. It's really it's really simplistic, I said. And the guys in my sport have the biggest egos a quarterback. They just do the best job of hiding it because they've been groomed of saying always saying the right thing.
Speaker 4: But they they have the biggest egos. They absolutely do.
Speaker 1: That's why the coaches have to coach them the delicate, the delicate, the most delicate, because they are the ones that feelings gets hurt the most the quickest. So a lot of times he might be saying he might be coaching the quarterback through one of his other players, yelling at the other player, Hey, bro, you gotta make that catch. When the quarterback threw that get over his head. Dah dah, you're talking about make the cat. I might give you a better ball to catch. But I was surprised I could see. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, it's a it's a conversation. It's Cream and Jordan and it's magic, or it's Tim Duncan and Tim Duncan is another guy. People make it seem like Tim Duncan did playing the NBA. Dude, people realize how great Tim Duncan was. He had the battle shocking Kobe as he couldn't he couldn't get out of the West unless he went through them, And those were prime shack at Kobe, not Shaq in Boston, not shocking Cleveland, shot at the Lakers out of absolute aphex and a Kobe that was coming in his own, a nineteen twenty twenty three year old Kobe. I mean, y'all, you they're like, okay, yeah, A fifteen time All A defensive player, a regular season a minute, multiple time regular season MVP, a multiple finals MVP, and people just like, oh, okay, you damn you know what it.
Speaker 5: Is when you take all accolades away and you say, all right, if we put the best of the best and we have this, this tournament of a.
Speaker 4: Champion, we all we all are for ourselves. I don't know if you can get anybody today in today's game to bet against Kevin Durant. You can put Kobe, you can put Michael, you can put I don't see anybody betting against him. They do that King of the hell. That is probably the most unstoppable sum bitch.
Speaker 1: That's that's playing. But let me that's your question, is anything? So do we got a guard? Who is he gonna guard?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: He you gotta stop him right now. You gotta stop somebody too. He ain't gonna make Cavye shot. Every team he's played on, Oh, he is King of the Hill. No one's beat him in King of the Hill, Steph play you you name every team he's played on.
Speaker 2: He is dominant.
Speaker 4: That's why I said you wouldn't get nobody to vote against Kevin Durant. And and that's putting that ball in.
Speaker 1: That Yes, but here's the thing. The things that make that gets you in the go. So if we took away Jordan six finals and six finals and six MVPs, he.
Speaker 2: Ain't to go. He ain't need a discussion.
Speaker 1: We have to use accolades to ultimately measure how great someone is.
Speaker 4: But wait, he didn't have those when they gave him that title, though he would.
Speaker 2: But see that was the thing that's not true. He was not to go in the.
Speaker 4: Eighties, Larry and Magic was and everybody talked about he was in the eighties. Yes, eighty seven, eighty eighty eight, after eighty eight eighty nine.
Speaker 2: It was an article greatest players to ever walked this sirf. But the thing was Gil.
Speaker 1: They were looking at it because they had never seen anybody like score and glide and do the things that he was doing.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't winning.
Speaker 1: That's why you gotta have That's why you have to have X because had he been winning, well, the eighties would have belonged to him instead of Magic and Larry, and he wasn't with it.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is even in the nineties when he started winning his championships, all he was doing is just shutting everybody up that he wasn't the greatest of all time. But nobody waited till he had six to say, Okay, now you're the greatest. But Gil, I do real, greatest player ever ever walked the earth.
Speaker 1: You do realize like Magic and Bird had lost Magic, Magic was on his last legs.
Speaker 2: Magic was not the magic Johnson in the eighties.
Speaker 1: That was winning Larry Larry back had gone out because think about it, what it takes. Remember how what happened when Clay and Kadi went to all those finals. That was the Lakers and the Celtics. So the Lakers and the Celtics was battled out. So they went like eighty four, eighty five, skipped eighty six, eighty seven, and they battled out. One of those teams was in the finals down there every year. Then to turn the Magic got in. Magic went, Magic went eighty, Larry went eighty one, Magic went eighty two, eighty three, Larry went eighty four. They played each other in eighty five, Bird won eighty six. Magic went back to the finals in eighty seven, eighty eight and again. And I'm like, bro, so they're making Magic went to the finals nine of his twelve years in the NBA nine.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But none of it meant nothing if they gave him the crown basically crowned it when he won his first one, because it was what he what he brung to the game self. So you know when we when we looking at the finished resume, when we're finishing his resume, yeah we can say, all right, six rings, six this, But when he got the crown, he didn't have all those accolades.
Speaker 2: They just knew he was the best player that ever walked this planet. You don't show.
Speaker 1: Let me let's just say, for the sake of argument, let's just say, for the sake of argument, he does what he does and he doesn't win any titles.
Speaker 2: Is he to go?
Speaker 1: No, No, you can't have that discussion. You cannot have an honest discussion with a man that has Let's just say he wins because he had he did win one.
Speaker 2: He won you an MVP in the eighties.
Speaker 4: So he just gets one MVP in the eighties and he let's just say he wins two finals.
Speaker 1: He's not the go in all those scoring titles, all those scoring titles. But hell, that's the case. Will is but what I'm seven and changed his game.
Speaker 4: But okay, so in ninety two, ninety three, two ninety three, how is he the greatest player on it on earth?
Speaker 2: With two rings? He already surpassed Will.
Speaker 4: And all of them nobody was talking about with anymore in ninety two ninety three.
Speaker 1: Well, first of that, like I said, people didn't all of a sudden, the Gold conversation came into effect because now because we're measuring him against Larry and Magic, because of contemporaries, Because nope, I mean Will. First of all, there was basically just Wilton Russell. They're two entirely different players. One was a score other was a great defender, accomplished run a lot of rings. But I mean one guy averaged thirty and twenty three for a career. I mean the guy never averaged left few of the eighteen rebounds in the season. I mean you average up all the thirty five plus will got five seasons which you scored at least thirty five points a game.
Speaker 4: That's five. That's crazy five.
Speaker 2: Let that seek it in five seasons.
Speaker 1: I mean he got like sixty well he had like I mean, how many thirty sixty point games does he have? And So for me, I just think the thing is the goat discussion. I think I don't think we can honestly have the discussion without titles. But and I understand that Kevin says, hey, why y'all not including me? I just don't think he has enough regular season MVPs. I think the two finals MVPs, you get two championship finals MVPs. But for me, you got to have at least three regular season MVP at the end of that discussion. Because the guys that we would include in that, they have.
Speaker 4: So many but that's what I'm saying. If Jordan is the goat and that too, we're gonna name is the greatest, Right. There's nothing you can do individually that's gonna accomplish me. The game is just change so much that there's just statue you're just not gonna be able to obtain right there. Yeah, but you're not gonna be so his crisis can't be the criteria, so you have to curve it. So that's why I said he can't be a part of this anymore because he's not in this door. Now.
Speaker 1: Well I'm everything, huh, Because you put weight on regular season MVPs. You put weight on championship finals MVPs, scoring titles, all NBA, all NBA defensive teams, all Star games, points scored.
Speaker 2: Things of that because we have to average. We have to bring all of that to the to the table.
Speaker 4: But the problem with that is they doesn't change that format too. So the sinners back then that that got voted in because it's just them and the rest of the sinners they get they get smushed in now with with the the front court. Yeah, so you took away future sinners from dominating like the rest did. So that kind of hurts the development, right And you know we can say Curry was the unanimous winner, but you're telling me then who who who on God Green Earth voted against Jordan eighty eight performance.
Speaker 1: Where they brought it against Lebron. Remember Camelo got the one vote vote. Nobody voted against Shocked. Remember that Shack year Shaq was one vote short.
Speaker 4: So so most of the stuff that we sit here and try to bring in it's faulty too right.
Speaker 2: It's now we have now we have all star voting.
Speaker 4: Yes where Now those those fan votes are not even true anymore. Now you get fifty percent something else. Right, we get to dyet two because I think the players get a part of the vote, too, right, and the coach hole don't just have their own goddamn vote. What you need to be in this boat too right? Right, even though.
Speaker 2: You're all voting for to be honest.
Speaker 1: Because you legill, the fans always voted the starter in the NB that was that was the one thing is that the fans says, you know what this is, this is who we want, and I think they kind of it was somebody that oh it's almost when they got zar Jah Petulia in, they gotta tweet it after that. Let's come on now, so y'all making them U. But you remember, the fans voted Magic.
Speaker 4: Magic wasn't even in the NBA and they voted be starting to all start.
Speaker 1: Gave me one the final. He won't the MVP in Orlando in ninety two. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If you have the fans voting and you got Zaza in there, what's the problem. The fans voted to the people who were paying the rent. This is who they want you. That his fault that he got a big fan base. That's the point of it. So you can see who the fans loved. They wanted him. Think about y'all, y'all was always gonna get voted in. He got the biggest fan base in the world. You're here here. They had to they had to like China. Also, they wouldn't vote vote damn y'all for for everything. But that's what I'm saying. That was the point of it, fans voting who they actually liked, Like why like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, so you had to be a fan fav That is a thing.
Speaker 1: U D made headlines this week May a couple of downs we're talking about what Paul Pierce had to say about ud getting the jersey retired. But your Donna's haslam thanks. Duncan Robinson would beat Kadi in a shooting contest, and everybody he's like, do you understand what I'm saying. I'm saying. I'm not saying Duncan Robinson is a better player. But if the best shooters always won, Steph Curry would be eight for eight in three point competitions and inferior.
Speaker 2: What was the kid?
Speaker 1: What was the kid name? He played with Lebron in Cleveland and he's with Brooklyn. Uh that that beat Steph. I think if he beat Steph and Clay in the finals one year, Kyle Kover not not Kyle Korver was the guy. Uh he hurt his ankle. He was just with Brooklyn. The last team he's wearing with Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Are still in the league. Mm hmm. He gone. Now he's with Kate. He played with k D Kyrie the white guy, not Kyle Korver. No, No, Joe Harris, Joe Harris. Remember Joe Harris won the three point competition?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yea, yeah, yeah yeah, I forgot. Why is that so far fetched? With great shooters on a given day.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, it's not far fetched to believe that in a shooting contest Duncan Robinson to be Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Not that he's a better player, they're a better player.
Speaker 4: They're players that could be Michael Jordan the shooting contest.
Speaker 1: That would inferior players. That could be Kobe in the shooting contest, that would inferior players. I don't think people understand that when you say somebody can do something, but that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean that's just a specific thing.
Speaker 4: Know, I get what he was saying, But there's a difference between a shooter and a shot maker. Right, a shooter, right, it can be a shooter. Just checked that shit out. Listen when I scored twelve, right, I was a shooter. Shot maker that right, Kevin Durant can flat out put that thing in the in the basket. Yes, And I don't think ud understands how great Kevin Durant shooting actually is.
Speaker 1: Right, But if it's just me and you out there, grill, you don't get any more credit for shot making as opposed to do I do if the ball just goes in the basket. So I think that's what u Dida said, if we just had a contest and three board guys just got to put the balls in the basket, I believe, he said, I believe Duncan Robinson can beat Kevin Durant if they just got just put the ball in the basket.
Speaker 4: They took one hundred threes, twenty twenty five spots, twenty shots. Kevin Durant would blow him the fuck out. You remember he played in Golden State with Klay and Curry. Yes, yes, they said those shootouts was nightmares, just flat out shooting.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw Ken, I saw Steph Curry make one hundred and two. So you think Kevin Durant can make one hundred and four.
Speaker 4: He's never done that. He's never done that. Right, But they said Kevin Durant was never in third place, he was never in third place, so he won all of them.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they said Kerry was winning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kevin Durant didn't get third, Gonta get guaranteed second. Basically, they said that when those three were shooting, they used to have shootouts, right, they see who was the best shooter. They said, the only thing that they would beat Kevin Durant on is coming off screens, yeah, coming off stream. But when it just came out.
Speaker 2: To five spots twenty shots.
Speaker 4: Like and they're shooting to one hundred. Yeah, Kevin Durant had that thing gonna swivel too funny when you bet your money. It was like.
Speaker 1: Right because a lot of times if guys that, we think, oh that's the big name, that's a guy. I mean, how many times the Reggie Miller win the three point competition? How many times Deray Haller win a three point competition? So you know, on a given day. But the way the way he was saying it, he was making he was trying to make.
Speaker 4: It seem like like like he's gonna take him just just as a shooter, just flat out shooting. He'll take him every single day. If we take it ten times, Duncan Robinson's losing nine guaranteed, just flat out shooting. Kevin Durant. That's what he do, right, We look at him percentage because he got to create and do all this, but all right, spot up, YouTube, spot up, shoot all day.
Speaker 2: That's all Kevin Durant does.
Speaker 1: So if we get so we say okay, Dougie, okay, we're gonna get shooting.
Speaker 2: We're gonna treat it like the three.
Speaker 1: Point competition, and they all start gaining and we say, what do they get five balls per spot? If we did that ten times, how many times you think Kevin Durant win? It saven The only thing that'd be with.
Speaker 4: Kevin Durant problem will be picking it off the rack versus passing it to me. That's why I said, like most of our shooting, we say, all right, everybody get a hundred shots. And I said, I said, if they all got one hundred shots, Duncan Robinson's not beating them. He don't even beat Kawhi Leonard. Like those guys shoot the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it all depends on what spot they're shooting from. If it's in the mid range, I'm gonna take Kawhi. If we're talking threes, I'm taking Duncan.
Speaker 4: Robinson because that's what Duncan Robinson has to.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's a see and this is why I would take I would take Duncan Robinson on catching shoot because he catching shoots more than Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant creates more of his own shot. Duncan Robinson ain't creating no shot. Duncan Robinson's coming off a screen, off a pin, down a flare. But KD is gonna create a shot. Create KD go dribble, you know, Hans he he go two dribbles to the left, two dribbles, pull up. That's what he's gonna do. That's not Duncan Robinson. Douncan Robinson ain't dribbling. It be pulling up on nothing.
Speaker 4: I can tell you right now if we did it, if we asked Duncle Robinson, how many shots you take a day, I guarantee you Kevin Duranta is triple times at That's all he does. That's all he do, Like, that's all he watches games Twitter shooting right the guys that look like they're not that great, Like you really have to understand how great a.
Speaker 2: Shooter is when he's moving and dribbling in this right. Yes, yes, oh yeah, we're gonna do all that now. I'm taking KD. What you talk about, okay, No.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, flat out corner shooting Drugan Robinson don't have a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're talking about okay, no, you gotta dribble, you gotta create your own shot. If okay, we're gonna give you one hundred shots, and they're gonna be free, they're gonna be mid range, they're gonna be you know, free throw line, they're gonna be top of the key.
Speaker 2: Or I'm taking KD. No, I'm taking Uncle Robinson.
Speaker 4: No. If you talking about holdo, no. But if you're doing all this on your own, you know what I'm saying, Taking KD. Dougan Robinson's he moves, he moves to come for his shot right now. He has less energy, Right, Kevin Durant spends more energy trying to dribble the ball and get through.
Speaker 2: People through ubble teams. Right.
Speaker 4: So if you say, all right, Kevin Durant, you can just sit in the corner and just shoot, that's effortless to him.
Speaker 1: But how often does he just practice just fitting in the corner all day?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, that's what you do all day. You have to get the you have to get the blueprint for you have to get the foundation of just peer shooting in you will take five hundred spot shots first before he starts dribbling.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's not what people think like like the people like him, The people like Kyrie just the flat out shooting part the Lucas, the flat out just catching shoot spot shots that's instilled in them already. But that's just not their game because they have to do more. So somebody like Duncan Robinson them, you don't even put up enough shots to even compete in something like this. Looks good because you you take you you take few shots, so that means you pick and shoes which shots you're gonna take, so you look like you're a better shooter.
Speaker 2: But if we put that valume in and say all right, oh yeah, he's not the ball you shooter at Kevin ro saying.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take one hundred shots from whatever spot you pick, right, Duncan Robinson wouldn't even be in the top twenty.
Speaker 2: You think you're gonna get fatigued.
Speaker 4: He don't have enough. I don't think he have enough in his arm just to do that.
Speaker 2: Just I'll give a shit.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, yeah, Like it's it's different, like those shooters compete, like you have shooters like that. They compete with the stars and see who can shoot the best. Right, you'll be a cert that's gonna say, you'll be surprised who.
Speaker 2: Can just put balls and put that ball.
Speaker 1: That's surprised, because when I go to the game, I see the guy. They don't even get off the bench, and he f and swishing ten twelve in the f and row.
Speaker 2: So I'm not surprised.
Speaker 1: So if that guy doesn't get off the bench and he's only getting into mop up duty and he shooting like that, I could understand what the guy's like a step what the guy like a kid in the rant.
Speaker 2: And guys that can flat.
Speaker 4: Out shoot and score the basketball, I already know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had teammate.
Speaker 4: I had teammates toiled out on me. Right, Oh you you a volume shooter. You can't shoot? And they been twenty thousand game. I said, I'll beat him with one arm. What are you talking about. I'll beat you with one arm. Put the twenty raps up. Beat him with one arm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is what I do. Y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all looking at the stat sheet like he takes six shots a game. Oh yeah, your percentage is gonna be higher, Yes, is gonna be higher.
Speaker 2: Don't let this for you. He don't even be in the gym long enough to beat me.
Speaker 1: Right, It's like a It's like a running back that gets five carres a game and he's averaging six yards seven yards of carr versus a guy that's running the ball twenty times a game and he's averaging four And people all the magazinze man, look at his yard for carry.
Speaker 2: He better. Yeah, he's not getting the attempts. But once he get to like eight carres of twelve carris.
Speaker 1: And they don't hammered on his ass, now all of a sudden, he gonna be averaging three yards of carrier and not that six or seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you donter's having calls.
Speaker 1: Well not u D the Miami he retired your Donald's number forty and and uh, Paul Pierce kind of took issue to that.
Speaker 2: What's what's your take on that? Gill hey man?
Speaker 4: When you say rivalry is a rivalry? Man? Them boys so like like UD deserved that, like what he's done for Miami, and you know, the culture he's brung, the uh, the loyalty he's brought, that's he he belongs in that race, right, you know Paul is just petty. Yeah, well that's just petty, right. You know, he said he'll whoop them both in the group or he catches him. Yeah, which is bold because that's two verse one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it better not be in Miami because the whole grocery store gonna be with UD. So it's gonna be the whole grocery store again.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, Paul Pierce isn't leaven lost.
Speaker 2: True, true, but deserve that man that that. I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: You can't look at someone because a lot of times, you know, you just looking like man, that's supposed to be reserved for the like the historically great players of an organization, to have your number retired and nobody else be allowed to wear that that's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be the reserved for d Wade or Lebron, depth KD.
Speaker 4: Guys of that nature, not a guy that probably the last decade played.
Speaker 2: What five six minutes a game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, you know, and we can't you know, we can't see the value like the heat saw the value in him, Yes, because you know we hear what he did, you know, turn it on his money to get you know, Lebron and what.
Speaker 2: Yes, like he stayed when he could have went to that.
Speaker 4: I mean, so when they talk about championships, right, he they're looking at him as You're the reason we won these championships.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: You might not have the numbers and all that, but you are the glue that glued all us together.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's Mickey's value.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean. And you know sometimes you know, you know, from the outside, we look at at numbers and they're looking at loyalty.
Speaker 2: So that's a loyalty move and he deserves that, right. I agree.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with some uh A team rewarding loyalty. What he brought, the culture, the effort, what he held everybody accountable practice games. So I think it's job well deserved. Congrats to the O g U D having his number retired. That's a huge honor from Miami hometown team retired to Jersey. Kudos of you. Brow Bucks beat the Calves one twenty six, one sixteen. But that's but that's not the story. The story is Adrian Griffin, forty three games into his rookie season, gets fired and I read and everybody from Steven A and my partner to you and everybody that I've heard says, nobody is surprised by this move. Well, the man's sleeping with the owner daughter with his wife. I mean, why the hell? I mean, you got the second best record in the East, one of the best.
Speaker 2: Overall records in the NBA.
Speaker 1: And then and they're like hey, bro, they tap on your shoulder and say, hey, your service is no longer required.
Speaker 4: Uh have you ever heard of consultant? Yes? Do you do?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 4: You know what consulting is? Right when you need when you asking somebody to give you advice on something, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know? Uh Bucks, I don't think Adrian's getting it done right now.
Speaker 2: I think we we should replace him with who who? Who? Doctor? Me?
Speaker 4: I'm the guy, right, I'm a consultant. I know what knows bad like me. I want to consult for club Sha shape right right, I wanna I want to get Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. I think.
Speaker 2: With the person by the name of the Buds, right, be like hey, o, no, right? Is that?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Is that what Doc was doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh yeah, that's that dirty mac ass.
Speaker 2: Man go on kil dirty mack to everybody. We body.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, though, Gil and I know you're a great player, but this is not a good look for your honest. I mean, if Jkid got gone Bootenholder got gone, Adrian Giffering got grown gone, I mean damn, and it's being reported that he changed plays and refused to sub out. Well, if the thing is, if the players have lost respect for the coach, we gotta go. Whether it's ten games, fifteen games, five games, it doesn't matter. If the players don't have respect for you, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: With all due fairness, it was Monday. It was Monday, right right, and bid out there. Motherfucker was seventy right going. At the same time, he got what his brother probably telling and be got fifty five Adrian talking about Son, He's like, hell no, this is my I'm not supping out. Nobody's supping out on Monday. What in bean was doing over there? I'm not subbing for nobody right now, I'm playing Detroit Thisstons trying to get what embiid is doing on that ticker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joanna's had a monster night tonight. I think he had a thirty six point triple double. Yeah, he had a triple double tonight. Put up monster numbers again. Janni's had thirty five on sixteen or twenty four eighteen rebounds. Channel Sis and thirty five minutes. And if you notice Gianni's he's had I think you if I'm not mistaken, I think he has like seven or eight triple doubles this year. So he's really rounded his game. He's always he could always score. Obviously, he can always rebounds. Hell, I hope he could rebound. He's only Brook Lopez self foot tall and can't rebound. But he's expanded this game as far as facilitating. Now the assists told him now he's more, I mean higher. Assists toldal he's averaging what six a game and a couple and like I said, a couple, I think seven eight times he's had triple doubles. But we see that from Joel andb We know Kook is one of the premium passing big mans in the history of the game. Not just actually he's one of the premier passes in the game, regardless small big media, but doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: He's he's just that good.
Speaker 1: But Yanna's game, he's rounded his game and he's really coming to his own and it's I mean, I mean, I guess, I mean, I kind of feel bad because the guy gets an opportunity. The likelihood what you think the likelihood of Adrian Griffin getting another head job.
Speaker 4: He's he's thirty three and thirteen, thirty and thirteen.
Speaker 1: First of all, somebody thought that wasn't good enough that someone is winning culture, he was winning the coach of the year.
Speaker 2: They would have finished, who was gonna win it? Right?
Speaker 4: He was gonna win Coach of the year.
Speaker 2: With that record. I mean, for God's sake, the.
Speaker 4: Guy who replaced him has the worst percentage of coach of the year.
Speaker 2: He has the world. I don't even know how he got Coach of the year. In ninety nine.
Speaker 4: He was forty one and forty one, which is the worst percentage any coach of the year. You are fifty fucking percent and you won Coach of the year. How is this man getting Who is this man?
Speaker 2: Who does he know? Well?
Speaker 4: I guess this son that nobody know about, who's his daddy.
Speaker 1: I guess they're saying, well, you at forty one and one, you should have been twenty one, and.
Speaker 2: It's sixty twenty one and sixty one.
Speaker 4: Except but that's what I'm saying, Like the team was thirty thirty three and seventeen a year before you got there. With Chuck Dailey, you go forty one and forty one, they give you an award you are the for Listen. Listen, listen, listen. This only makes sense for the Bucks if they never play a game seven in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Because.
Speaker 4: Right now, he's the worst coach in game sevens. This record is the worst in game seven and in two of the wins that he has was against an eighth seed in the game. He went to a game seven with an eighth seed the year they won a championship, and then the second round he went to a game seven. Those are two of the wins that he gets to add to to his resume.
Speaker 2: Other than that, he's done lost.
Speaker 4: Every fucking important game that you can He's the most He's the guy you do not want coaching in a game seven.
Speaker 1: But I'm looking at it and Mark Jackson, Mark Jackson, Doc Rivers has had three coaching jobs before Mark Jackson has even got an interview.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistaken, man, he gotta be there. His daddy must be the president. I'm sorry, Glenn, this don't this don't even make sense, man, I'm sorry. His his resume, his resume, and him getting jobs does not It doesn't make sense. His name like his like, there's nothing in his resume that says, ooh, we we need this coach.
Speaker 2: So how to keep getting these coaches job?
Speaker 4: Who is he sleeping with?
Speaker 2: Who you are? You know? Let me know this person.
Speaker 4: I want a job, Let me get let me get a job. I get fired. He this man getting fired, and then while he's fired, he's auditioned for another job.
Speaker 2: Because I, like I said, I I just don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just hard for me to see that what Mark Jackson did, whatever the case may be, that is so egregious that it disqualifies him from ever getting a job again, or from ever even getting an interview.
Speaker 2: That's what's the hard part for me. What did he do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean he's not the only I'm sure he's not the only coach that loves God, goes to church.
Speaker 2: Have Bible study.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he's not the only coach in NBA history that was like that. I need somebody to definitively tell me Mark Jackson did, Shannon, what he did was so egregious, it was so beyond pale that it disqualifies him from ever being a coach in the NBA.
Speaker 1: I just need somebody to tell me dependently. When you listen, when you when you, when you have power, trust me, you can keep somebody out of the NBA as long.
Speaker 4: Listen. When Michael Jordan left the Wizards, anybody, you can google it. When he was trying to get a job for the Milwaukee I'm in the room when that call happened.
Speaker 2: He better not ever work in this NBA while I'm still alive.
Speaker 4: Click. He didn't get the he didn't get the owner's job until mister Poland passed away. Before that, Michael Jordan was exiled from coach for owning anything that had to do with the NBA until mister Poland passed. So when you being black ball, god damn, it don't matter who you is, because I've seen it with my own eyes and if you want to google it, you can google it. He mister Poland passed, and what December or November? December, Michael Jordan's then get offered the job until next the next year in February two three months later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like I said. I like I said.
Speaker 1: I've had a few conversations with with Doc see him in passing a couple of times. Seems great to me. Obviously, I had jack Mark Jackson on my podcast. He's great. Loved talking to him for me, Like I said, a good dude. We communicate a little bit. But it's just like I said, and I understand. You know, people like in the Chance said, well, you know, he said some comments about the alphabet, you know, the.
Speaker 2: LBG and the T and the Q and the trends and and and those.
Speaker 1: That's not that's not that's not a people people have said things about that that community before and still got jobs. Well, they said something about other alphabet, the end, the eye, the double, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now come on now, but let's let's let's let's keep it a stack here.
Speaker 4: But it just seems it seems to me that you could say some things about some communities and go get a job, but if you say something about this one, it's a disqualifier. But it isn't true that the owner is in that is in that alphabet, the owner of Golden State.
Speaker 1: I don't know who is it, but he might be here, but he probably in the community that they only have three levels.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so he he he in that group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think that, But I don't think he said I don't think like I said, I don't like I said, Gil, I'm just people in the comment. I'm just commenting with they're saying in the chat. I don't know, I don't know. I don't like I said, I haven't heard.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, you hear things about the religion and he was leaving here and coming down here to his church and he was doing all that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's true and what's not.
Speaker 1: But it's just hard for me to believe unless it's something agreed, like because I did.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 1: So what's to disqualify from you ever getting a job again?
Speaker 2: Who knowsh is Man?
Speaker 4: They're just recycling these these coaches like like when does it? When does it? Like? We we seen what he did with a young group, right, he got them the confidence, and you know we've seen what they turned into. Right, we can say he was the building blocks of Golden State success. And were you keep hiring people who's showing you that they cannot steer the boat? Right? Championships? Right, you won a championship in Boston? Right? Had all this talent come in and Kevin Garnett and he fueled these guys to well that was a veteran ball club that was Paul.
Speaker 1: Pierce and Ray Allen and even though Rondo was younger. Uh but like you said, but this is a veteran ball club too, So it might work because you got Lillard and you got Giannis, and you got Chris Middleton and you got Lopez and you got Bobby Porters.
Speaker 4: But you don't have the star power you had on that Boston team, and you was barely getting out of the first round. You you, you went. You was eight and six in the first two rounds. That mean you lost all all road games.
Speaker 2: You was zero and.
Speaker 4: Six on the road your first two rounds. You couldn't win a row. You're supposed to be this high powered coach and you got this high power team sixty six and sixteen, and you can't win a road game against the eighth seed. Sometimes says this says something about you. You are buckling under pressure on your rotations, on your subs like you. You do not, he does not, he does not that well, you're three in one. Whatever got you three in one, you hold on to it like you. You the person that says, are you if you ever played back? Rat no? No, I play back. I know Okay, you play you play roulette, no blackjack? Your craps about craps, right, yes, yep. It's like somebody you're getting foe, and you're gonna stick with foe every single time, right right, that's what he's sticking with, the same thing every single time. They've adjusted to what you were doing. Now they want, are you gonna adjust to them? No, We're gonna keep doing it the same way. And you wonder why you keep losing. You are the worst adjusting. You're too cool. You're too cool. You're cool when you was when you was in the bubble and y'all was up three to one.
Speaker 2: Yep, this is true.
Speaker 4: Kawhi Leonard said, Man, if you don't win this, you done. Because he came in talking about this golf score. This is game seven. You over here talking about how you shot.
Speaker 2: On the golf course.
Speaker 4: And then already talking to Philly. Hey, yeah, I'm about to get fired. Can you y'all looking for a coach?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: We put a poll up Gil, who should the Bucks have hired? Eighteen percent said Doc eighty two percent said Mark.
Speaker 4: Jackson eighty two listen eighty two percent. The dude, the dude, The dudes you fired. What I'm saying is the dude you fired is thirty and thirteen. I don't give a shit who likes him. He has us thirty and thirteen. What we don't have no problem right now? Right, we don't have no problem right now because what is what is Doc coming? What is Doc coming in and doing? Anyway? What is he gonna do? Let's let's just be honest. You're coming in the middle of season right now. Oh all right, go coach, go coach Bucks. What do you really know about them like that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 2: He's just looking way you assistant coach?
Speaker 4: Who should I sub?
Speaker 2: And what's the sub?
Speaker 4: And patters? Right? You're listening to the assistant coach right now? Anyway, until you fire, hear me, bring in your own staff right now? You don't know these players like that? Right, So you're not really doing nothing anyway. Go out there, roll the ball. Yahni's dame, do what y'all do. I'll freak it out on the fly. It's just it was, it was. It's it's bad. Like his resume, the resume speaks for itself. If you if you want to look at the things you want to look at, then that's fine. But the resume, says Game sevens you bet your money against them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, Drew, So, uh, Jack Mark, I know you're gonna stay prayed up, but keep raying ball roll and hopefully, uh, you know, somebody give you another opportunity to be a head coach again, because I thank you very very deserving. Grant Iel says Draymond's suspension was the reason for Team US a mission omission.
Speaker 4: Is that fair? Does Draymond deserve to make Team USA?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Hell no, here not supposed to make us say no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: So in other words, Jee, he'll sayd g He'll said, you know, he got suspended. In other words, so we gonna use the suspension instead of saying Draymond was not worthy of being on one of the what is the twenty four to twenty eight players that that's eligible for Team USA.
Speaker 4: They got forty one, forty one players. They got forty one players over my bad, Damn my mom. They brung me inn half the NBA in that. Man. I don't know what they're doing over there, but it's only twelve. Yeah, but Draymond, listen, Draymond ain't going to goddamn parents because he choked out one of the country where.
Speaker 1: He go bear Yeah, yeah, yeah, because they might want to what's it calling everybody do something bad to him over there?
Speaker 4: They gonna pack him out out there. Man, you from the French side of.
Speaker 7: Conference, Rudy go Bird's like, yes, come on over here, hey man, Draymond better, I won't hit some Paris. Hey, USA, Ain't that damn dumb bringing Draymond Green after he done did what he did on National TV?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, this a hey.
Speaker 4: You can do that in America, but you gonna get your asses over here in Paris.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would definitely probably been a distraction and Draymond in Paris given what he did to Rudy Gobert. All Star starters will be announced Thursday the Western Conference. I'm gonna do the top I'll do the top five, tops, We'll do top top six.
Speaker 2: Lebron leads with almost four thousand votes. NICOLEA.
Speaker 1: Jokic is second with thirty five hundred votes. Kevin Durant is third with well about thirty four thousand votes behind a little over thirty three thousand behind Nicola Jokic. Anthony Davis is in fourth, Kawhi Leondard is in fifth, and apriin Son Green, it's uh, it's sixth. And then that's the front court, and then the guards. You got Luca, Steph Shay, Gilgers, James Harden, Kyrie and Anthony Edwards. So who's your star? Devin Booker is in ninth place. Uh so who's your start? Who's just who's uh obviously right now, if this, if it holds true, Lebron, Nicola Jokic, Kevin Durant, those are your starting front court. Luca and Steph Curry would be your starting backcourt.
Speaker 4: We did it. We did it on Wednesday. We don't need we don't need Thursday to say this.
Speaker 1: Goddamn okay, and it seems like Anthony, I guess Anthony Davis probably Kawhi would be too reserved for the front court.
Speaker 2: Now shake Gilgers.
Speaker 1: Uh, the thing is your backcourt. James harder than fourth, Kyrie's in third, Anthony Everard's having an outstanding season, He's in sixth, Devin Booker having an outstanding season, He's all the way and ninth.
Speaker 2: See, the problem is when we get when you go to the coaching.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a puzzle right there, because they don't go by that.
Speaker 2: Listen, No, more, you know, so you want to be a starter because.
Speaker 4: Once it gets to the coaches, you do not know what the metrics is. Right, So.
Speaker 1: Right, you're gonna take Anthony. We know Shae, we know Shae's gonna be one, and we don't know who the other guards gonna be. But he's gonna be the first reserve.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be Shae and Fox over Book and Anthony for coaching.
Speaker 4: You averaging damn near twenty eight, twenty nine thirty and your team is winning. Yeah, the coaches are gonna have him in. So they're gonna have foxing him as those two guards. And so they have Fox and Shade as the two guards. And then now there's only one more guard because from there you have to have Anthony Davis, Why Kawhi Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 1: So you're saying Lebron nicolea Jokic, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Kawhi, Leonard, that's five, Luca Steph Shay, gilgess a Man, Darren Fox.
Speaker 2: That's ten. So we got two more.
Speaker 1: You did another due Are you taking a big are we taking some sun Goon Paul George sabonas women yama a chet. It's hard to not one of those rookies to go. That's got to be reserved. That's for Jordan's, that's for shot, those those tight rookies. Lebron didn't make the All Star Game with the rookie. K d didn't make the Hell Star Game with the rookie.
Speaker 2: So I like to like.
Speaker 1: When you when a rookie makes the All Star team. Michael Jordan made the All Star Team. Yeah, that's gotta be special. Yeah, you got to be you got to be, got to be a monster, you got to be a master, you got to be almost fort hey, I'm one hundred percent of Hall of Fame when my career is go, agil, But it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 2: Fox and Kawhi.
Speaker 4: A D twelve.
Speaker 2: It's twelve, right twelve, So it's off the bench of shaved. Fox and Man Kawhi a D book. Say book.
Speaker 1: Because remember we had this conversation, I said, Yil, I think ant Man goes. I think ant Man is the next guard off the bitch after Shave because of their record and book.
Speaker 4: See they that they gonna get booked.
Speaker 2: They gonna get who's in first place?
Speaker 4: Luca, No, no, no, who's in first place in the in the in the west right now.
Speaker 1: Is the OKC thunder by percent his points over Minnesota.
Speaker 2: So they might, oh, they might put Cat in hell Caddy more to live. Yeah, Cat, now it I mean because what happened.
Speaker 4: Is usually the number one team always got about two to three people in it. So because of winning, they're gonna have Kat.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you need another big, because you have Lebron yoke kd A d Kawhi. Because let's go to the front corn of the East. Giannis is first with over forty three four point three million, Joel Embiid, Jason Tatum, Jimmy Butler, Jaylen Brown, Christoph Pazinger's Guards, Tyree's Halliburton is hurt, so he's not gonna play. Trey Young, Dame Dollar, Donovan Mitchell, Tyrese Maxi, Jaylen Bronson. Okay, Jannis is obviously a starter, Joelson starter, and Jason Tatum's gonna start cause there're two three million. There are two point five million over the next closed guy, so those are three starters.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, Jimmy Butler, how many games Butler played this?
Speaker 4: So the guards is gonna be Tyreee and Trey as starters, right, and because if Helen Burton don't play, then he'll be subbed out and they'll probably put Dame Dame. Okay, right, so it'll be traying Dame if if Tyree's doesn't come back, right right?
Speaker 1: So okay, And so now you got Donovan, Mitchell, Tyrese Maxi, and Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 2: Those should be your three reserve guards for sure. Who you got?
Speaker 4: You got Brunson, Brunson, Yeah, Brunson Maxie and who Tyrese Maxie? And yeah, so Brunson Maxie. Who was the other one?
Speaker 2: The Mitchell Dan Donovan don't get no love.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'll probably go with because he's fourth, He's fourth in the voting behind Dane. Yeah, but the voting don't count, so I would go probably bruntsing like Mike Maxi two Brunson and probably Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Okay, so though those are probably.
Speaker 4: My two guarantees, and then Max it be that swing man as the third.
Speaker 2: Okay, So who is gonna Apple Tatum?
Speaker 4: You like you like Jimmy Butler at the Tatum you might as we just pick anybody, goddamn it for real, though, I mean true be told because you got Jaylen Brown, you got Jalen Brown, Christoph Frazinga's bam Outabayo, Hallo, ben Caro, Julius Randall, Michel Bridges. So what end is gonna happen is they're gonna put Jalen Brown and Porzingis in it, true right, their first, so they'd be it'll be those two in there. Julius Randall, I mean he.
Speaker 2: Might because he's the big and there's really.
Speaker 1: Not But if you take Giannis and be Tatum, see Butler Brown for Zingles, that's six.
Speaker 2: I don't see, but I don't see how. I don't see Butler.
Speaker 4: I don't really playing what I mean, he's I don't you know, but he hadn't played a bunch I know, so I don't really see him. But I think you and I in unison with the Guards Halliburton, Trey Young, Dame, Mitchell, Maxi, Jylen Brunson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like the only problem, the only thing that's gonna hurt hurt one of those other three is if Tyree's plays. If Tyree's plays, and it'll be Tyres and Trade and then you have Dame, and it's hard not to put Brunson in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he gotta be. He I mean like he he like.
Speaker 4: He's he's gotten his position like that he is. He is the All Star. I'll have him before h Randall, but Randall's gonna make it because of the swing that the front court people, those for the strong fork front court.
Speaker 2: I just hope they play.
Speaker 1: I just hope they play, but better than what they've been playing, because that ain't no that ain't no basketball. Yeah, they just I mean, come on, they're getting almost two d points.
Speaker 4: Come on that, man, It's to be honest. I was there. I played three of them. Mark the first one I made just like that, uh that shooting contest. I was bambi legs, not even gonna lie like. I ain't even want to be subbed in.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I was so happy, don't sub me in, Coach, I'm gonna run around and fall and hit my face. I was so giddy out there, man, couldn't control my legs.
Speaker 2: So most of.
Speaker 4: The first the guys who are there for the first time, they're just so happy to be there. The older guys, you know, it's rest like most of these guys are just trying to get that extra Any of that rest, right, this is the this is the place where you want the accolades, but you don't. Yes, yes, yes, yes, I want to start nod without actually playing in the game because I don't want to get hurt, because I want to get ready for the rest of the season. So it's it's really hard to to make the game serious. It's only going to be serious at the end when you know somebody's trying to win the award or someone's trying to win the game.
Speaker 2: For the bonus. Yeah, you're right, you.
Speaker 4: Know it's an All Star I mean it's it's fun. This is supposed to be a fun event. That's why I said, you know, they need to start.
Speaker 2: Adding more that.
Speaker 4: They need to start adding like a one on one competition.
Speaker 2: Get rid of their skills. Crapel, you don't like the skills? What is it? Dribbling around, throwing it in the hole, you know, round, throwing some cones? What does that mean? Well? You got what you got?
Speaker 4: The uh?
Speaker 1: Well, you know you have the one, the one female of the city, and then you have two other players, and then they have the you know, the layoup, and then you have the free throw, the three point shot, the half court.
Speaker 4: I like that, give me one on one. Put this Put this as a one on one track. Ain't nobody gonna want to play you crazy as hell, all the trash they'd be talking one on you. Put a one on one grand prize one hundred two hundred.
Speaker 2: Grand I gains. Guess what you guess what you're gonna have.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna have none of the starters, and you're gonna have the same thing you got to slap dunk competition. You're gonna be getting somebody out of the G League playing one on one. You're gonna have Kevin Durant. You're gonna bet you Kevin. You're gonna hate them. You're gonna have all one on one is prize.
Speaker 4: One on one, one on one for scores is like a damn near MVP. That bragging rights, bragging rights, that is that's like.
Speaker 2: Not even a.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't even know what it is in football. But this is this has no team involved. This is I'm fighting for my name, of my back. This is one on one. Mono, Ey mono.
Speaker 2: I can win this award every year.
Speaker 4: Like Jordan's got six dunk Champs, I got six to one.
Speaker 2: On one Champs.
Speaker 1: Now they need to do it like they had in the bubble have a horse or a pig competition.
Speaker 4: No, man, nah on one, check up, check up.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody checking the eight the starters. They gonna do that, you crazy?
Speaker 4: You one on one players the Jama RNs man, they are playing one on one now.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It usually, for the most part, all the competition guys were involved in the three with like you had to be in the All Star Game with yeh, because most of the time a lot of the guys were in like the Dunk contest competition guys, they were actually in the game.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I ain't nobody in the game.
Speaker 4: But see the dunk contest, see the dunk contests. There's guys that belong in the Dunk Contest that probably don't even get to play and stuff. Right, Yes, they picked who they want in the Dunk contest versus just picking the best Dunk Contest guys. So there's guys that's on benches that got the forty eight, that got those type of dunk.
Speaker 2: That's who they need to get in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Same thing with the three point contests, right, this is not about percentage.
Speaker 2: Just go get the best three point shooters.
Speaker 1: They here's the thing, are they gonna want to partict because remember the dunk contest. You had the Doctor Jay's, you had the Michaels, you had the Dominique, you had the Clyde Drexler, you had the guy, you had the names.
Speaker 2: Now, man, you don't know these guys, gil.
Speaker 4: And but let's go if you you want to rewatch those those names, those dunks, they were names.
Speaker 1: But Dominque did how many dunk contest three? Yeah, no, he does more than that. He did like four or five, So.
Speaker 4: Okay, so give them four five, so that means he had what about twenty dunks? Sixteen was wind Mills. Yeah, sixteen was winning Mills. When we went up there, we go, okay.
Speaker 2: He gonna oh he gonna win mill. Okay, one hand, win mill.
Speaker 4: Okay from the middle, all right, they gonna go to the side, Oh win mill from the side.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're gonna go from another side.
Speaker 1: On the baseline that the guy that the guys that definitely got more created. Oh absolutely. But still they want to see they want to see a name be created. That's the problem because Harry is the thing. I mean, when you really think about it, the Kobe dunks and the Jordan dunks, if we put them in the scheme of thing like Levigne, like Aaron Gordon, like Vish Young, what are we talking about? Yeah, but but it's called evolution.
Speaker 2: No kills.
Speaker 4: But even even then, when when when, when they were doing they dunks then in real time, Yes, I look at those were great dunks at the time. So I did the eighty eight dunk contest. The oldest smith first dunker did re he did a three sixty wing Meal.
Speaker 2: Got a forty two. Someone did a two hand dunk, tapped on his back forty six. What what riga tony is going on here? Right? Like the hardest dunk was first, got a forty two.
Speaker 4: Every dunk after that was higher.
Speaker 2: Like yo, stop this man, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: But then you like you said this, when it's not when it's not judged fairly, dunkers decide they don't want to pnticipate and no, no the.
Speaker 1: Dunk because once you want Aaron Gordon, Aaron Gordon had too many historically great dunks not to have one one contest. I don't give it that what anybody says, and part of my language, he's had too many great dunks. You can't have that many fifty dunks and says, well, he didn't win any of the competitions.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you go against you just go against a better dunker at the time. But at that at that dunk contest, No, even though we're like he is dunking great, No one said Zach Levine shouldn't have won with his dunk repertoires.
Speaker 1: Garry Jones should not have been Aaron Jones. Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, I mean, yeah, true, he shouldn't have won. Yeah, And do you remember that had Sean Kemp should he lost the dunk?
Speaker 4: He lost to Derrick Jones. He lost to Zach Lavine and Derrick Jones. So Zach Levine got two, right I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then dere Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's dude.
Speaker 1: I forget like you said, remember what you we had a conversation if you give Levine and Aaron Gordon cole.
Speaker 2: Are you mad?
Speaker 1: No, Aaron Jones, Eric, excuse me, Aaron Gordon did the dunks are too creative? Too great for him not to have won one award?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sometimes listen, sometimes when you can't make a decision, it's okay saying code you guys are both the winner, right, will digress? Yes, the grand prizes one hundred thousand, Okay, goddamn it, we got you one hundred thousand, and we got a hundred. Hell do you get fifty? You get fifty? We got two widows, you got fifty. Hey, hey, y'all the NBA. God, damn it, Hey, I didn't tell you. Listen, I did my dusk a wait, this motherfucker bout myself.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell you it up, So don't split my check out. Yeah, oh yeah, right with it.
Speaker 4: Keith Ducky, you'll get tired.
Speaker 2: You'd be shooting threes. My god.
Speaker 1: Morcin Gortat says NBA players get away with dirty tricks. Gorton revealed some of the crazy things that players get away with on the court.
Speaker 2: They would do a lot of things.
Speaker 1: When people box out, they would try and grab your balls and squeeze it. I swear to god, they do crazy stuff. Imagine your first reaction like dude, what the hell you smack? And then you're you're attacking the guy. But the referees most of the time don't see it the first move, just the reaction when you're when you're ft your cook because he sees your reaction on the pick and roll. Chris Paul would grab your leg or he would punch you in the nuts. Dudes do that all the time. That's that's why you do this during screen, is that you cover your nuts to make sure that you lift your weight, you lift way through your body armor is strong.
Speaker 4: Y'all be doing stuff like that? Give nah, No, those are called dates. But he's right about that, Like he's he's right. Like you know, like when you set the screen, you gotta hold yet because they'll run through that armed run.
Speaker 2: Yes, that you you.
Speaker 4: Got, you got you got players like that, right, So that's way y'all be doing that.
Speaker 2: Huh. Now you got dirty players like that.
Speaker 4: Oh? I used to close line, I mean not closed line, but I used to clip might be running right, ain't looking? Oh I clicked move, I took the back of your foot.
Speaker 2: Let it hit the other one right? Oh that I did that a few times.
Speaker 4: I did that, the karmelone. He almost put the hand on me, and then I did that the Dallen Bert and I don't know what comfortable move he hit me with. Boy, I was running down the lane. Boom, I just fell out of my holes.
Speaker 2: Would you get a playroom? Want to play with you?
Speaker 4: Tuesday? They didn't call nothing what they didn't see it.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 4: I don't know what ninja gunfu black belt he had with him and his training, but he hit me. The rest didn't see it. My head went back. I had to sit on the thing. Wait, hold on, rep they gonna they don't have to play four on five right now? Somebody hitting me hard. I had to go back to the replay to see what happened.
Speaker 1: Gil to you told the story to Paul George that you wore MJ's or thought with the Wizards, what was it like following the MJ era because you we look, I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 4: Everybody explained meaning MJ the same way.
Speaker 1: He doesn't seem real. He's mythical. I'm not the only one. Hell I thought I was the only one because I'm not. I'm not in the sport and I'm not as big as some of the guys that are saying the Alan Iris is the shocks Lebron. A lot of great basketball players saying meeting him, he doesn't see he seemed like he's levitated, and that's what you had to follow up because I'm sure people a lot of people in the organization, I shouldn't say a lot, I'm sure some held him in very high regards, although the owner, mister Poleon, probably didn't.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, it was the pressure.
Speaker 4: The pressure wasn't as high as it it should have been, I think because they didn't make the playoffs, right, right, they won thirty seven games. The taste that was left in the organization, right, it wasn't a feel good.
Speaker 2: So when I went there to.
Speaker 4: Talk to Missipan, and this is this is why when I got.
Speaker 2: Hurt, he gave me one eleven.
Speaker 4: When everyone told him no, right, he said, if you get me out of you know this Jordan, you know Bonanza because they don't think because they didn't think they were going to sign a free big free agent, right, so the second biggest free agent that year is lamar Oldham didn't me. So when I signed, it was like a big deal. Oh my god, we got one because we thought like that what happened with Jordan, nobody was going to come here, right, you know.
Speaker 2: My dad first question.
Speaker 4: My dad asked why, because he's a Jordan fan, Why why Jordan here? Why is he not owning the team. So mister Poland had to tell him, you know, how the team felt and all that. So when I got there, there was no pressure because we were so young, right, so no one expected anything, right, you know, we you know, we played, we was we got to really like fail. And I think the second year when you know, I really got denied that gym and trained my ass.
Speaker 2: Didn't go home.
Speaker 4: I sat in that gym and really perfected, you know, a weapon of choice. Right, get understanding the playbook, understanding my teammates, understanding the coaching, looking at game film, looking at the playbook, rewriting the playbook. I spent the whole summer right trying to figure out how to be great in this new system. Calling Larry, hey, la, what do you think about moving this way? So me and Larry sitting in the coach, coach sitting in the back, redo it. Okay, Like I had the whole playbook, damn it, three hundred plays. You can scrap this, this this we don't have the type of player. Then they make a trade, got Antoine Jamison and like, oh oh wait, hold on, give me back those plays because we got in right now, I can change it up right right, and we got off to a start, and I don't think the city was ready for it because they didn't have no expectations for us. So we made the playoffs. I became a folky ro right right. We didn't supposed to make the playoffs for demn here two thousand and six seven, and we made it in the two thousand and four to five right. So you know from there that that that swing of turning the organization round, that the city just loved it.
Speaker 1: Right upgrade King asked are the Lakers a couple of forty three point shooters away from the NBA Finals? Chemistry granted much love to Nightcap fan worldwhile between love Gil's addition to at Nightcap, what are the Lakers? How do how do the Lakers get out of the crowded West to the NBA Finals?
Speaker 2: What do they need? What are the one what is one thing?
Speaker 1: If you say you know what, I'm the general manager, I rob a linka up until the trade deadline?
Speaker 2: What does Gil do to help the Lakers?
Speaker 1: Doesn't guarantee, no guarantees, but what do you think the Lakers need in order to make a deep run to the playoffs and possibly get to the finals.
Speaker 4: You know, right now DeAngelo is playing very well, you know, and so you know, this is what you hate during during trade dayline when a guy turns it on something that you've been expecting him to do from the beginning. He turns it on right now, averaging about twenty seven, six and five in the last five games.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You don't want to leave, yeah, right, Other than that, you just need you need another player. You need another player you.
Speaker 2: Can count on.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, if we can make a trade and get uh Deontape here without losing our starting five, that would help. But to give away a starter plus this and some draft picks, I don't see how that. I don't see that that doesn't help. Yeah, like we need to add him to our roster, and that still is not enough. I think what we really need is it is called uh.
Speaker 1: Next year, next year, the next year Florian Carlos shubah at agen zy O. If Kobe wins two thousand and four, eight would have seven rings. Is he considered the goal? I don't think so. Now with one m v P.
Speaker 4: And and that's and that's that's that's but so y'all have him at one m v P. The NBA players, we got him at three.
Speaker 2: But you can't.
Speaker 4: I gotta I just go by what I see. I know, how many you got, how many you got Jordan a nine times? How many you got Lebron at how Maoulty you got shot here? Yeah, you know, and like like think about it, like and when we talk about m vps, there there's well, when you really look at history, you're gonna you look at like, wait.
Speaker 2: Who got who? Who got an m v P when Jordan was playing right, who?
Speaker 4: Well, if his team was number one, he led the NBA in scoring, how did y'all give it?
Speaker 2: There's someone else?
Speaker 4: But it's that, you know, we're so out of him winning and doing this, we got to give it to someone else to make it look like everyone's great, right, And you know that's why I said this. Sometimes it's so hard to look at these for what it really is, because it's not.
Speaker 2: What it was jaded.
Speaker 4: It was with biased intentions. So you know, like, yeah, Jordan got six, but no, not really. Yeah, you know, he has whatever year he came in from eighty eight, eighty eight, eighty nine to when he retired in the two year. That was MVP him right, he got the best record with the best team. He was the best player, leading everything and scoring, leading every how he's not winning come on right, Yeah, but like you said, they just get tired.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they get tired of voting for you. It's like, hey, we got to give to somebody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Kobe went one, No, he got he got legit three.
Speaker 1: Jabari Robinson asked, how can you be in the gold conversation? You lost more finals than you want outside of MJ and Kobe three feeted with Shaq can almost get it without well, Lebron almost repeat it because in Miami they won to it then lost the light.
Speaker 2: So we don't do almost. We don't do almost.
Speaker 4: But and this is what I'm on right now, and I'm gonna keep breaching it. When we're talking about resumes, right, and whoever your goat is, whoever you think should be in it, focus on their resume. Don't tell me what someone else's resume is. Don't tell me, oh, this guy went to the finals ten times but only one four?
Speaker 2: Who you like? This guy didn't tell me his resume.
Speaker 4: Stop telling me everybody else what they didn't do or what they can't do.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 4: Just lay everybody's resume down and we go from there. I do not care about who Jordan played in the finals and how sorry was how many rings he got? Six okay, six finals, six rings, ten titles tennis. That's it. I don't want to get what he didn't do, what he couldn't do. That that's relevant. Right. We don't do that in no parts of life when we're going to the workplace. Right, when we go to the workplace and we're talking about our that job, you don't say, well, my realate better than he mine, little better.
Speaker 2: Look look what I got to Look what he got while we school that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're just presenting our case for ourselves. That's all we need to do when we're when we're sitting here debating and whoever you have, just debate your facts on why he should be good. Let that person debate why he should be good. Going back and forth. You focus on why my guy shouldn't be the goat you that that is that that is pointless.
Speaker 1: He got to now with me, I gotta do, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta debate stevid a if my guy stilled the goat.
Speaker 2: I know you watch it, so.
Speaker 4: I'll tell Stevin A. You talk about yo guy and only his stats. Don't look over here. Let me defend on my stats. Don't tell me like if I say four championships, Steven Ay, don't you say he was there ten times fold championship.
Speaker 2: That's all you.
Speaker 4: Need to know?
Speaker 2: Which was four times? Board of your guys?
Speaker 1: Uh, Sam, you gri up with an assid Lebron's hes hesitancy to enter the dunk contest affect the status as a gold contender.
Speaker 4: No, listen, the reason he didn't enter the dunk contest because he don't have it.
Speaker 2: Don't you got no PAS dunk packets he got.
Speaker 4: Hey, what you want to do? Just jump from far pull it out like here exactly you want to do this? Right?
Speaker 2: That's it? That's it right, you know.
Speaker 4: Dunking on people ain't dunk contest things unless you're gonna have people jumping like try to block it and he get to the other editions some people who have creativity and don't have creativity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have to be a great dunky.
Speaker 1: You gotta have imagination, yes, cause you gotta think like the dunks that that like when Ben Carter broke those dunks, I'm like, what the And when Aaron Gordon, who takes the dunk off the maskot sit in the chair and dunk the ball.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, Like, it's or go or go behind his head? Come on, That's what I'm saying. That is like, it's it's like, that's not what his he can jump from far he get dunk and jump. Dunk contest is about being flexible and understanding how to.
Speaker 2: Move in the air is something he didn't have.
Speaker 1: And then those guys you need to be like the shorter the guy, the better the dunk looks.
Speaker 4: It's the linky guys who can torqu their bodies, right, I mean Aaron Gordon was a big as a big wrong guy.
Speaker 1: But for him to be able to contort his body like he did, yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I mean that's that's crazy. It's spud. I mean, come on, when we go ever see another five seven of five to six guy, what a dunk contest?
Speaker 4: Gill And but listen if the dunk Spud does versus the five six guys today, these two different.
Speaker 2: Dunks right here.
Speaker 1: But see here's the thing and it but Spud wasn't missing dunk. I mean er Robinson, Nate Robinson missed like fifteen dunks.
Speaker 2: He listen, it's fifteen to make one.
Speaker 4: You know. The year Spud one. It was destined for him to win. He beat Dominique. Yeah that as a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: It was in Dallas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was because every dunk he did and win in it actually went in. There was no man, it was his time.
Speaker 2: And we had never seen Gill.
Speaker 1: We had never seen a guy that small get up that high because and he had to bounce the ball off the floor. He had to bounce the ball because for them little hands. He had to try to take the ball up there with one handed dunk it. And what gonna happen, Gil, little baby hand, the little baby.
Speaker 2: Haird like is here?
Speaker 4: Man, he's even a softball to be able to do, to be able to dunk it and cover it like the other guys was doing. Hell, you should have said, they should have said the ball four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, he even to nerve basketball man.
Speaker 1: He wasn't gonna be able to take a real NBA basketball up there, So he had to bounce it off the floor.
Speaker 2: He had to throw it off the.
Speaker 4: Backboard, but still, Gil, do you see how high that man was up in the air? Not not for real. They said that ball was hided than him.
Speaker 2: Boy, if you'd.
Speaker 4: Tried to see you.
Speaker 1: That's the b A eight on four baby said, hey have some Gil, What do you think of Matt McClung and the twenty three to three dunk contest? That dude was doing the dog one thing he was. He won, He won, He deserved to win.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know if you knew him in high school, but oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: As a high school dunker.
Speaker 4: If they did a vote of in game dunking the best in game dunker and in high school, he's one or two. Really, arguably he's one because the dunks he did in the dunk contest, he was doing the in game on. People like the stuff he was doing here, Like wait, hold on, how tall?
Speaker 2: How tall is the Gil?
Speaker 4: I don't know, never see this, but I know he's January.
Speaker 2: Sixth, he's a going.
Speaker 4: I like the idea that even though he's not in the NBA, he gets to defend his title. Yeah, they gave an opportunity. Yeah, I like the NBA the fact that they did that, So I hope it opens it up for more opportunities of outside guys who have these these jumping abilities that come into the that that that contest to give the world another look. You know, it's like giving hope, but it's you know, it's a whope thing. And I think the AA needs to realize that, you know, these guys might not be able to make it to the NBAS players, but the Dunk Contest, they can train all year and work on their jumping ability and work on their dunks to enter this contest. So there should be some some qualifier that allows if these guys win certain contests that's sponsored by the NBA itself, they should be able to enter the Dunk Contest to to to bring in some new blood.
Speaker 1: Okay, Seth Parter says, I love the show. I follow both of you, follow both of y'all shows. I was watching Gilzarena yesterday when Jenna said women shoot better than man. My question is if the w NBA best shooters versus NBA best shooters, who wins, Hey.
Speaker 4: Man, they't getting their ass smack on the court, not in real life on floor. Yeah well, Redhead, yeah yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I definitely think.
Speaker 1: I definitely think if you take if you take the ten best w NBA shooters and then take the ten NBA best shooters, I think the ten NBA best shooter is gonna win.
Speaker 4: And I just do.
Speaker 2: I ain't talking about Duncan. I'm talking about just shooting.
Speaker 4: You know what it is though, Like I asked, I asked the coach, not gonna say his name, who you know who coached w n B A. He said, there's one thing about the women's game what they don't have is they want to be the best.
Speaker 2: All of them want to be the best.
Speaker 4: He said. In the NBA, everybody wants to be the goats. So they're trying to figure out how to be the goat. You know, the women's game, they're usually content and because they're on the break, the fricks of playing and not playing right, going overseas and stuff, right, they don't really have the time. You know. With the NBA. You know the dudes are sitting in the gym six hours. Yeah, you don't have their own gym, right, A lot of things that handy.
Speaker 1: They're making fifty sixty million and w an B A players what's the max player can get two fifty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like like where the sparks where the sparks, Like if the sparks are training right now and they want to go to the gym at one o'clock in the morning because they can't sleep, they can't go to the stables center, right, they don't have their owner, you know what I mean. So that's the advantage, right, you know. But you know, but as a flat out shooting, there's some shoot there's some shooters out there that just flat out can shoot the ball.
Speaker 2: Uh, Doctor Frankie L.
Speaker 1: Bellaby he Giale, Gail, can you share a specific game or play in a basketball or your basketball career that taught you a valuable lesson either about sport itself or life in general.
Speaker 4: It was called, uh, it's called humble pot. I kind of tell you listen, I tasted a little bit last weekend, but I ain't really like that one. So you know, I just spit that out. I'm back to talking trash right right. But it was, uh, it was it was Dwayne Wade and you know they was it was after that Olympics. They lost the Olympics. You know, that put the zone in on him. So you know, the season comes up and they started talking about Miami like it caught Miami like nobody cared about No Miami and no d Wade man like you know, uh, we we're doing what we're doing over here.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna put us one in. They can't shoot anyway, right.
Speaker 4: So I forgot about it, and it was like somebody's like, yeah, you know what d Wade coming to town.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, that's what's up.
Speaker 4: There was like, no, he's on fire right now, like he's like he's prepared for you. So I started looking at his numbers, like, oh no, he is called a rhythm call this man in his hotel room. Hey man, you know the you know these uh these reporters and got everything. Miss Yeah that wasn't me, it's all you know. And I was like, whoa when I see in his eyes uh in the game, Oh no, I today use your words, speak to me, say something. He was on demon time. That was the liast time I said anything about a player that that man molly walked me my whole career.
Speaker 2: After that, I think I was three and thirteen.
Speaker 4: Against the Wayne Waite, uh.
Speaker 1: Ken mckennie, a big bro. Give us a rookie story about Nick, cause.
Speaker 2: You are Nick. Nick was.
Speaker 4: Nick Young was your rookie, right, Nick was my rookie. Here's a rookie story. It didn't go into his favor. But he got beat up. Gill what it wasn't beat up, but he was. He was shot up. Oh he was, you know. They was playing paintballing and.
Speaker 2: Him to Vietnam.
Speaker 4: Him Uh, Dominique Maguire and Andre Blotch decided that they were gonna sneak in my house.
Speaker 2: Because I rented uh the mother of my child.
Speaker 4: I gave them.
Speaker 2: Her house. She moved in, right, so I gave them her So that's so they were just renting that, you know. So they no no bills, so they snuck in and.
Speaker 4: Then while I'm sleep taking my nap, they all shot me with the paintball.
Speaker 2: A man, they got paid all over your house, Gill all over the bid every day.
Speaker 4: But I think he I think he forgot that I have keys to the house is in right, so loaded ice mind. I put mine in the freezer, froze them bad boys went over.
Speaker 2: There, went in.
Speaker 4: He was sitting on the couch and let him have it for at least two three years. His whole back had the warts of those paint balls. He didn't bet it. He had to tell he looked like a leopard. When I was done with him, he looked like a lever. He had to get his back tattooed because of old star put on his back.
Speaker 2: See starts up. You can't fit.
Speaker 4: Hey, now, don't play with me like that.
Speaker 1: Khalil sports a SMR. Hey, Uncle Gil, today's my twenty sixth birthday. I love to receive a happy birthday from two of you. Also loved to see a female co host on the Pot in the future. No, unfortunate, Khalil, That's not gonna happen because what we talk about, we're not gonna get canceled. We're not gonna change the way we talk to be accommodating. So you'll feel free to get you a get you a co host, to get a female. But that's not gonna happen here. I don't want to I don't want to parse what I'm saying because we have adult conversation and we already know how that's gonna end.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't believe they said that in front of her.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they did that and said her, Happy birthday to you. You get your twenty sixth birthday, shout out. But as long as Shining Shark as the owner and come proud of Nightcap, that ain't gonna happen. Baby, I'm sorry, So that's that. Go go ahead, give my birthday. This was the man it was you just now, wo Bro, that's gonna happen because I already Gil, we know where this goes.
Speaker 2: We know where this is going.
Speaker 1: Everything is not meant to have a woman involved, y'all, y'all got we gotta stop this notion.
Speaker 2: Oh it'll be so great with the one.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no, that's not gonna happen here. So if y'all, if females weren't, and I commend females for start their own I support them, but that's not gonna happen on Nightcap because we have two mature, grown conversation and the first thing women, well, they talked like that in front of her. I can't believe she let them talk like that when we've been talking like we've been talking.
Speaker 2: For the longest. So I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Hey, if y'all, if y'all want to hear women chime in, we answer as many women questions as we possibly can. But as long this this is ours, this is old chosen mind. But I put this together with him in mind. This is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We had no idea that we're gonna, you know, tell the stories that we ended up telling. And when we first told the story, I really didn't know how it was gonna be received. Hell, I'm looking at ash because hell, she a female, and she looks she dying laughing. I'm like, oh much? Is she laughing? I'm like, but is anybody she knows me though? How is how the women gonna we're gonna take this? So look, bro, I'm that's not I'm sorry, We're not gonna have We're not. Hey, if someone came to me and said, with Shannon, I have this great show idea with females, let me know what you think. Hey, I'll take a look at it. I have my team take a look at it. Maybe we can work something out. But this face, unfortunately, guys, is just gonna be just gonna be male only.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know if your birthday's messed up this year, there's.
Speaker 4: Always next year. Hey, Stefanie Warfield as Hey, Shannon A.
Speaker 1: Gill, what's your take analysis on the University of Kansas man basketball program? Having to to vacate fifteen of their wins from twenty eighteen. Do you think the punishment was fair? Did they win a national championship in twenty eighteen?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't watch baby basketball. I'm like, as long as it ain't a national championship. Hell no, I don't care no about to win. Hey, I don't know why they taking What does the I took?
Speaker 2: I already got them.
Speaker 4: I took one hundred dollars. That got to do with taking wins from me? What does the money have to do with the winning. I don't understand why the colleges do that. It just it don't matter, Right, I got a new car does not.
Speaker 2: Turn into wins.
Speaker 4: So you taking the championship, you're taking the rings, you're taking the wins.
Speaker 2: You a loone, you don't take this car. Like what was I doing? Was like if I was cheating in the game to get the wins, makes sense.
Speaker 4: But what I'm doing outside getting free food, somebody doing my homer does not lead to wins. Me getting buckets.
Speaker 1: Let the wins, right, Uh, Andrea Jordan, I love the show. I want to ask, what's your favorite hot Seria? Old male Kremawe Parina never heard of that. Grits would shook. See you done messed it up, Andrea, you and you fed it up because you're talking about putting sugar on grips. And if you you don't put sugar on grips, you put butter and black pepper on grips. You put cheese on grips. You that's to run. That helped up a good ass meal, talking about putting some sugar on some grits.
Speaker 2: And but I like, look it all depins.
Speaker 1: I mean, I ate oatmeal every day for twenty seven years, from nineteen ninety three until twenty twenty when the pandemic hit. I had eaten oatmeal every single day for twenty seven years, and then when the pandemic hit, I eat it periodically. When I'm at the hotel, I'll order grits. I excuse me, I'll order oatmeal. But I grew up eating both. Obviously, being from the South, you eat oat meal. I mean, we used to eat big, big It wasn't like this little thing we made. My grandmother made big, big heaping pots because it was a lot of us.
Speaker 2: My aunt ate it also, and we put butter and sugar on oat meal.
Speaker 1: Man, I couldn't imagine my grandmother watching somebody put.
Speaker 2: Some some sugar on grits that she made.
Speaker 6: What was her name of Mary? Mary Ford? Now the one who just put that? Uh, Andrea Georgia. You must be from California, girl, because.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Uh, I done thrown some Yeah, you cattle you from the door. You gonna throw some sugar some Hell?
Speaker 2: No, I put the butter. I put the butter and the cheese. Every door spin a little. I spent a little sugar.
Speaker 4: In that joint that we put honey on hamburgers out here, man, dog lord, yeah see, yeah, I see and y'all every time you go somewhere.
Speaker 2: Would you like some avocado toes? Hell?
Speaker 1: No, did I ask for avocado toes? I do exactly what I want. May I help you? Hey, let me get X y Z. Would you like some avocado toes that I don't remember I mentioned the avocado toes?
Speaker 2: You thought I forgot that.
Speaker 1: You thought I came and forgot what I actually wanted to order as I'm standing to the window, So you want to remind me about some budge eye avocado toes?
Speaker 4: No, I do not want any avocado. She gotta be from Cali because only only Cali people put sugar on everything. Got sugar, spaghini anything?
Speaker 1: Hey will, Hey, I know you know a little about everything. We know Gil is into battle rap. We've seen him battle rap super hot fire. Are you in the battle rap?
Speaker 4: If so?
Speaker 2: Who you like it? YouTube? Gill?
Speaker 1: Nah, I ain't in the battle rap. You talking about like like eight mile that kind.
Speaker 2: Of battle rap?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, nah, I really I don't follow like that, Gil, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. That's the like when you when you when you ain't got nothing to do.
Speaker 4: Battle rapping is the thing because it's it's it's strategy, right.
Speaker 2: They they got to research their opponent, right yeah.
Speaker 4: Then today life and then the best part I like about it is they got to try to out pour each other. Right, that's the funniest part life. The poorer you were the heart of the bar sounds yeah right, you know what I mean, Like you know you was on welfare. You know the next person saying.
Speaker 3: I ain't even eat, like like you will be a great battle rap with her grew up, you'll be a great battle rapper, like you know, like I ain't take a hot shower orhy ain't use the bathroom and a g is.
Speaker 1: I'm very I've been very good at lib. People think people were saying they were in the chat, like when we Oacho and I we did the call because you know, when the kicker missed the field goal and people called him up and gave him death threats on social media.
Speaker 2: So Oacho and I re.
Speaker 1: Enacted it, and people actually thought, oh, and I had rehearsed that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I feel you know, hey, somebody come to your job after you mess up, and you know, blah blah blah. He's like, okay, he picked up on ring Ring Ring, Okay, do that with me, and so we could we go through this sequence like we have this skit.
Speaker 4: But I've always always and people thought that, you know, Skip and I rehearse.
Speaker 1: No, I have no idea what Skip's gonna say. For the most part, the only time oh, you and I talk is when we do this. I might send them something, same thing with you and I I might send them something.
Speaker 2: He sends me something.
Speaker 1: But the one thing that I was looking for I needed someone to not be able to be able to make fun of themselves. Sometimes people think so much of themselves they can't make fun of themselves or they take themselves too serious. He and I both can make fun of ourselves when we have fun with it.
Speaker 2: But that's the best part about how we do things.
Speaker 1: Is to be able to pick up Okay, I think this would be great here, and it works. It works, and that's what you have to have. And I don't believe chemistry is something that you have to work on. You either have it or you don't. You do you either have it or you don't. And for me, I've always been I've always been quick witted. I've always been able to think on my feet and and you know me.
Speaker 2: Look, look, I went to school. I don't know if you know Red Grant.
Speaker 4: We called him Dirty Red Red Grant.
Speaker 2: He was a fullback on our team at Savannah State. Now.
Speaker 1: He and we used to have talent shows. He and a guy named Bernard mac rest his soul. They were like, we'd have a talent show and they was like, you know, they would get there and they tell the jokes. They have like a five minute, ten minute of set and.
Speaker 2: They were great.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to like just flat out joning, I'm gonna talk about what you got on, I'm gonna talk about your girl. I'm gonna talk about your car. I'm gonna talk about how you look. Wasn't nobody seeing me in Savannah State? Was nobody seeing me in Denver? Would nobody seeing me in Bark? When it just comes to flat out joning Because if you went to an HBCU and you couldn't jone, you fight all the time.
Speaker 4: But I'm talking as Ray. When it comes to Jonah, it was too. It was me and the dude his name or we call him. He's a pastor and I passed afore But me and big Daddy just sit around, just said hey, and we go at it.
Speaker 1: When it just comes to flat out jooning, I'm talking about just talking about what you got on how you look your car? Anybody sew me? Yeah, ain't nobody seeing me? I just give can you imagine? And I just they just hear samples.
Speaker 2: Of how I go back?
Speaker 1: But that was every day in Denver's locked well, probably like when I got to like probably like my third like my like ninety three, when I kind of like came into my own as a player and I wouldn't worry about getting cut from that point on. Ask him er mccaffie used to be saying my locker and just be laughing.
Speaker 2: I mean he sent across from me, rob Oh, we having sessions.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about they couldn't see me, not with Jonah. Those are the con tell jokes too. Now I can tell jokes, but I'm talking about just jon'ing. Yeah. Those are the best people in the locker room, the guys who can just just put her out of the room, talk trash and.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, oh yeah, oh that that's that's my thing there.
Speaker 2: Whoever?
Speaker 1: Nko asked, what's up, Gil, I'm twenty seven, messed up with an older woman?
Speaker 2: Any advice on how to get her back? How much older?
Speaker 4: Niko twenty saying, when she for he gotta let her go? Oh, man, she don put that. She don't put the need to let you put that thing on it and put the.
Speaker 2: Old snap on.
Speaker 4: That snap on it.
Speaker 2: She got it. It's over. It's over.
Speaker 4: That's over, man. Man. I had one the one than I about nineteen man. I was looking for her to day, like with a flashlight. I couldn't find a gill. She had that thing on me. Had had be the chokehold gill. I've been there.
Speaker 2: She would do a thing them.
Speaker 4: Younger I ain't even heard of yet, And I'm all there for it, don't you don't you cook? I come in the house, I come at the hobse deal. I said, nobody gonna move with me. Don't nobody move with me? Gil?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh man, she had your boys bad?
Speaker 4: What the bad?
Speaker 1: You could drive an eighteen wheel up my nose. She had my nose open for a while. Get a double bow that my nose right?
Speaker 4: That guy.
Speaker 2: She had an open over.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: They know how to They know how.
Speaker 2: To get a young boy. I can tell you that. And then and then her husb were mad it.
Speaker 4: Bad. Let me tell you that.
Speaker 2: I take that back. I tell you that back. I wanted to fight him. I wanted to fight. I wanted to fight. I wanted to fight the bad about his wife, I'm like, hold on, how about be bad as somebody? Oh dad, but it was her phone? Oh my god? Uh nah mm hmmm. Yeah, man, I'm sorry, Nico.
Speaker 1: But hey, them are they hard to get back because they're not gonna listen to the stuff that you tell them. They've heard it already, so it's kind of hard to get them back.
Speaker 2: Nico.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, for the most part. She might be the move on Nico man. She probably don't.
Speaker 4: She doesn't move on box for another young man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Nico. Next time you get your old and don't mess it up.
Speaker 1: Look they break y'all. They give a couple of dollars, keep it coming. They kept kept a couple of dollars in my pocket. And you know the old ones.
Speaker 4: They they warm up the towel at the end, they get you the hot you know that one.
Speaker 2: Don't move. That's when I say, don't nobody move. Hey there, lay there.
Speaker 4: They go in there getting the hard towel, get the sons, you know, wipe wipe you up. Yeah. Them young girls is cold.
Speaker 2: You wore something to Drey. Talk about you thirsty? Yeah, you know what? Give me, give me, give me, give me a cot. Okay, I'm like what damn? How about your gun?
Speaker 4: They did nothing nothing? Somebody you brought me something. You brought me something, brought you something. I showed it. I just cave me tell you.
Speaker 2: Two minutes ago.
Speaker 4: Just guarantee you too.
Speaker 1: I hope you like it. Them older women, they take care of your many. They'll do you right. They do you right. They do you right, and they look at they.
Speaker 2: Look they look at for somebody, you know, mm.
Speaker 4: Man, nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, You're gonna be thinking about this for a while, Nicole. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Nicole. I'm sorry. I hated for you, boy, because I know what you go. I feel your pain. I said, I ain't telling you something that I don't know. I'm speaking first hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah at me, what about a d N gu about thirty five? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, five for the six.
Speaker 4: Damn hold though, no, no, no, no, we just now now we're gonna we're gonna write her name down.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna call them people on huh.
Speaker 1: Now call up for what? Yeah? Ay, but three people knew about Ay, but three people knew about it.
Speaker 4: Now everybody in the chat know about it. Now, what's the.
Speaker 2: Limitation?
Speaker 4: No more? I I uh, because I don't know if she was creepy or you was creepy both, okay, both, as long as head both, as long as both, that's that's called.
Speaker 2: I would like.
Speaker 4: I said, your like the young brother, and I ain't condoning that.
Speaker 1: Like the high school, the fourteen year old messing with me, the teachers and the young, good looking. I want no teachers look like that when we at school, gild they look like that when I.
Speaker 2: Was in school, made them. Teacher had the horn ren grat last is on there sixty two.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, them out of shape, overweight. My thoughts.
Speaker 2: You know that my thousand pounds sister, that that was our teachers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look at it. They look they ain't trying to kill nobody. They looking to twist your ear and all.
Speaker 2: And I mean, y'all.
Speaker 4: Damn man like then I wish that was me.
Speaker 1: I didn't want you to know. If you call the people ain't happy with their investigation. I don't know nothing. I have it with no investigation.
Speaker 2: Gil uh.
Speaker 1: Aaron Crim says Shanon Aguil, Have y'all had to take y'all shirt off while y'all playing or teammates, Well, we was what okay, Shanon Aguil, y'all I have had to take oh, hold on on hold on, Shanonleguil, y'all have y'all had to take your take a dump while y'all playing or had a teammate almost during the game, nah, I mean normally guys got like guys like like in the game we peel guys would peel on the sideline.
Speaker 2: The train will just come holding back.
Speaker 1: We move in front of a piece of equipment and we just peel on the sideline. If it was if it was raining, the offensive line of guy would pee in the page.
Speaker 2: Just go and if if it's wet. You don't know.
Speaker 4: But nah nah hell nah strolling shaw nah. Yeah, the game would just peel on the sideline. I peed on the.
Speaker 2: Sideline a number.
Speaker 4: At least ten times on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Yes, they just you just go on the bag.
Speaker 4: Just they just hold her bag and you peeling it in the in the in the crowd and to see we kneeling down, they don't know, Oh wow Dad, But yeah, I'm saying, but no, no, hell no, no, but no. We we just run to the back. We just go to the back like us. Most of the people before the games, they nerves kick in whatever Red Bull or any drink. They chicken and then about to run through their body.
Speaker 2: So the game, they running in the bathroom. Now we was in those woods.
Speaker 1: I'm guys had to go to the bathroom and they come back with no shirt, They had no toilet paper. They used their shirt, they used their shirt and they come back and have to work the rest of the day with no shirt on. But that but not not in the game.
Speaker 4: Nah, But NBA players, bougie, we had players that wouldn't even use the restroom at the facility.
Speaker 2: But see, that's that's that's them, the kind of players I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't the different one the ain't done not see I can't Yeah, I can't just go anywhere. Personally, I'd rather go I'd rather go in the woods than go in the gym. I'd rather go into the woods than go into airport. Was wrong with you all, dad?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: But I'd like to be free. I take off all my clothes. I go to the bathroom and I take off everything I got, throw it at the floor.
Speaker 4: I don't want nothing. I don't want nothing, rob By Akles, I want to be free.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm just like, yeah, our butt David clothes piled up in the float like we had all of.
Speaker 2: Them, y'all up there laughing. I don't know who, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I ain't so I'm the only one that take off all the clothes to go number two in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one, y'all. We not we not six when we were six years old. We need I took off every last night when we.
Speaker 4: Were six, we did that. We're gonna do that. That's a grown ass adults, Hug.
Speaker 2: We try.
Speaker 4: You're trying to get comfortable. Were trying to get in and here out.
Speaker 1: But see hearing the thing, No, Gil, that came from when I was growing up, we had to go in the woods. So you had to take off all your clothes because you ain't want to get none on your clothes. So you took off all your clothes, you put them in front of you, and you went to the bathroom. So as I got and I got an opportunity to go in the bathroom, I just took all I just thought that was just a natural regression. I took off all my clothes. So if I go to the bathroom, I take off all my clothes and put them on the floor. And I go to the bathroom, do what I do.
Speaker 4: Put my clothes, put my clothes back off, I take off my shirt, my short everything.
Speaker 2: I'm like this.
Speaker 4: Let me go. Yeah yeah yeah, about to get busy on y'all business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 4: By the time you get off your clothes, we doesn't finish and got out of that.
Speaker 2: This man here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you when I first I had this one, like I would like I would. I don't go to the bathroom, Like if we're upstairs, I go downstairs. She's like, where you're going. I'm like, I'm going to get something to eat, and I go to the bathroom. I don't tell her what I'm going. I don't tell her what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: But I leave.
Speaker 1: I have my plose filed up. Hey, I'm comfortable. Come back up there, like, dang, I hear you open the refrigerator. I said, yeah, I just got some cookies or something. But noah, no, no, no, not not in the game. And we ain't got to do no number two. But nah, I see, hey, somebody am I the only one that had the only way? I ain't on the way. Yeah yeah, no, I take up now. I take off everything, shoes, sock, shirt, Oh yeah, I don't got on nothing. I gotta be I gotta be. I gotta have it here all. I gotta be free. I gotta be comfortable. That's what it is here. I'm like, that's funny.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, I don't fold no clothes. I just I just follow it just throwing right there in the fen in. Yeah, yeah, I gotta get I gave that's funny. Yeah uh Anthony crowd and saying, oh the when with kids really take care of you? Facts nurturing, they nurturing you need anything?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Hey you yes, yes, yeah, rub your bad quinn. Hey, yes, I know.
Speaker 2: See man, y'all judging. You know what y'all in this chat, y'all be judging, y'all, I judging bold. I'm weird man. Oh weird man, Okay, weird. I know.
Speaker 1: Ain't the only one I know, Ain't only one.
Speaker 4: You're the only one up. No, for one person in there, it's just you. Man.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Hey, I'm going up. Hey, I don't need no clothes on. I've been in the bathroom by myself anyway. Y'all make it feel like if I'm in the community bathroom.
Speaker 4: H No, but look we most people trying to get in and get out on are you trying.
Speaker 2: To get off?
Speaker 1: I gotta get comfortable. I gotta get comfortable. Yeah, you know. If I then they gotta go, I'll be kicking stuff off before I get there.
Speaker 4: How you supposed to sneak he yea, I'm about to go to the kitchen, and you've been down there twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: But I come back. Look here all my phones, got enough bathroom. We ain't gotta know where everybody going. And then I gotta get comfortable with you first or because at first, I'm gonna send you on an errand oh I forgot this, I need this? Can you go get this. I'm gonna send you the target. I'm gonna send you.
Speaker 2: The whole foods.
Speaker 1: Then if I get a little comfortable to you, then I'm gonna start. You know, He's like, we got that. You sent me to the store the other day to get that. We still got some of that. Then I go to the guest house. So I go out back offing and go work out right quick. But you ain't got no work out clothes on. I'm just gonna go. I'm gonna go turn the fan on, I'm gonna cut the lights so on, I'm gonna sit the waves up.
Speaker 2: I gotta lie.
Speaker 1: I can't tell her what I'm actually going to do, so I go get everything situated. Come on back. Then I get like I thought you said you was going to workoutsea. Nah, I just had to get it. I had she overuld die. So yeah, and now now I ain't know your trigger. Still, yeah, I'll be. I'll be comfortable, y'all y'all laughing, I'd be comfortable. And uh I got I keep toaling, gonna tell I keep toring the paper in my car just in case.
Speaker 4: Like I said, i'd rather go to the woods. I'd rather go to Oh I don't been to the woods. Even when I was in the league.
Speaker 2: I was going home. Man, my stomach started bubbling.
Speaker 1: I pulled right side the road and my Mercedes put them hazards on, got my gun, ran the woods, dropped.
Speaker 4: The deuce off you're saying, And there was if the if the if the world went this ship on it, you're gonna be You're gonna survive. Oh yeah, okay, Oh I go, I go in the woods of the man. I ain't y'all think y'all seen this, But now it was my fun i'd be that would be. It was yeah, yeah, I've been, I been, I was in I was in the league. It would would go pull side of the road and go and go to the bathroom. Yeah, yeah, about the only man he the all it was.
Speaker 2: I guess it's my upbringing. Yes, yes, don't have baby wifes.
Speaker 1: I keep baby wifes my Yes, Yes, y'all big nasty, big nasty. I bet y'all got skied marks like you, like an airplane stopping on the runway.
Speaker 2: That's how skid marks look at your drones. You're nasty. Yeah, you better have baby wife so you at all time they're talking about why he had those socks.
Speaker 4: First of all, I don't even know why I put on shoes because I'm not going nowhere. I put on shoes just to match the outfit. So I didn't put on those socks. Yeah, but why y'all worry about my sock? He don't got clothes on when he doing.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: We just boke getting judged over many Yeah, they be judging, bet y'all judging.
Speaker 1: I can't tell y'all nothing cause y'all be judging me. Yeah, but I know. Yeah, but I keep baby wives in my gym bag. I keep baby wife off every bathroom their baby wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be having.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not even out of the house long enough.
Speaker 4: I'm not even gonna lie like I'll leave that like I wake up at six, I'll leave the house to go to the gym. I'll sit out there until I got to use the restroom, and then I come back home. But the problem is, I don't understand why I just don't sit here until I use the restroom. Yeah, before I go out, get on, get me a coffee, sit there, then got to use the restroom, come all the way back homeroom, then go back out. If coffee have the effect like for me, milk has that effect on me.
Speaker 1: If I drink some milk. Like when I go to the dog there, they say, well, you know you need to go. You know you take all this medicine, you gonna be constipated. All I got go give me some chocolate milk and an apple. Man, you are to man, I had back here. Man, you want to saw me off the night?
Speaker 2: He's like, where are you going? Like, I got to go downstairs.
Speaker 4: I'm hungry, just hurting, just stomach hurting. Man. Man, that better than came up out of me so quick. I drank me a glass at that chocolate milk and got be an apple.
Speaker 2: It was over. I don't know what the apples for. I just apple pill.
Speaker 4: Man. I can't eat no apples. What man, that's a laxity.
Speaker 1: Chocolate milk and apple is a laxative to me, boy, Like people say coffee have that effect on them. I don't mess with no apples. If I want to get they're like, you want to know all the apple. I will not eat an apple unless I'm at my house because after about ten minutes afterwards, I got to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, the milk.
Speaker 4: If I drank chocolate milk in five minutes, all they gotta do is DrAk chocolate milk, start counting.
Speaker 2: I can say, I can set my I can sit my phone five minutes. My stomach dop.
Speaker 4: Man heydon, and I got to go not a clean system.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, I already know. I already know what's going to like do me in. I don't mess with it like.
Speaker 4: I be see people like eating like they.
Speaker 2: Used to have apples on the plane. I see people.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no, no oh, they being being the sky club eating them apples. I want no part of it. I don't want no part of no apple. I don't mess with no milk. Hey people be I see you know you used to have colds. They have to have cereal on the plane and people be eating it.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: May I be tearing the play Like I said, I can't. I can berely fit the bathroom anyway. I have my head out the bathroom, Head out the bathroom. Everybody be looking doing what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I already know my system, so I don't fool.
Speaker 1: I don't fool no Apple unless unless I'm mm hmmm, may let me go.
Speaker 2: I gotta go, Bet, I gotta go to work in the morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you for watching another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that like button, hit that subscribe button. Please make sure y'all subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Also like and subscribe to Gill's Arena channel on YouTube. Show airs Monday through Thursday live eleven thirty a m.
Speaker 2: Pacific.
Speaker 1: We've also pinned shaved by Laportier at the top of the chat. Please make sure you go out and get yourself. You or someone you love a bottle up would greatly appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: Our goal is to try to get to one thousand subscribers by February eighth. We're well on our way. We're ninety six thousand short, so we got about what thirteen days actually two weeks from tomorrow. Two weeks from tomorrow is the countdown. Y'all got to get us there.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for supporting Nightcap Unking Ohow, Nightcap with Gil.
Speaker 1: Make sure you go like and subscribe to Gills channel. It's on YouTube. He has a shoe. Monday through Thursday Live eleven thirty am Pacific. I'm your favorite unk, Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite Number zero, Agent zero, Arizona Wildcat legend Gil with Arenas.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us tonight.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Dan. You are