Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Therapy Gecko podcast slash YouTube show.
Speaker 2: My name is Lyle.
Speaker 1: I'm dressed up as a lizard in the beating hot sun in the middle of Washington Square Park, New York City. It's a great day to be around other human beings on the earth. This is one of my favorite things to do in my life. Genuinely, I love doing this. I love coming out and uh, interviewing people and learning about people. And I love the energy of this park. I haven't shut up about it every episode. I love getting to be a part of the energy. And we're here. We're here, and we're gonna talk to some people and we're gonna do that until we get bored. So I don't I don't have anything else to say on this intro. Let's talk to some people. It's Gecko time. Hello Sarah. What is your name?
Speaker 3: Oscar?
Speaker 2: What's up? Oscar? How's life?
Speaker 4: Life is good? Man? Hold on me.
Speaker 1: Get comfortable, Yeah, get comfortable. We're gonna'm gonna ask you some of the some tough questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready, Are you really? I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay? What's the how's your love life?
Speaker 4: My love life? I'm single right now?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, has that gone so good?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not really focused on nobody but myself right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you? What are you focused on about yourself?
Speaker 4: Photography? Bro? Yeah, trying to make some money?
Speaker 2: Man, how do you How does the photographer make money?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: Right now, I'm just making I'm going around the city. I make tiktoks for people for free, random people. I do photo shoots for them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: And on the side, I just do regular photo shoes besides the TikTok you okay, I just do photo.
Speaker 4: Shops of people.
Speaker 1: Who Who are these people that you're making these tiktoks for? Have you made a TikTok for anyone in particular recently that you were that you were excited about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is random people. I literally don't know them.
Speaker 2: You don't know Have you ever ever made friends with any of these people?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 6: Of course I actually made one of my most recent ones I have she got she booked me again for tomorrow and Tuesday.
Speaker 1: So really, what is that a friend? Or is that more of a client?
Speaker 4: His client? But I met him just now, probably three days ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you what is he booking you to do?
Speaker 3: A girl?
Speaker 4: A woman the city.
Speaker 6: Just pictures like pictures you know, with her in this train station or in the town of taxi stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you make people look nice?
Speaker 4: I do make people look nice.
Speaker 2: Could you make me look thirty pounds lighter if I asked you to?
Speaker 1: I probably can't really, Okay, all right, all right, I might get your card after this.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, almost show you everything?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, I'm excited to see that I got you. All right, So people who are only listening to this on audio can't see this, but your pants are bedazzled and jewels.
Speaker 6: He's a Birth of a royal Child's I spent a little pretty penny for.
Speaker 2: These, right, how much were they?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: These were four undred dollars? These are four hundred dollars. Wait, four hundred dollars for these shorts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a brand called Birth of a Real Child. Okay, check them out. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Can't you just like can't you just like like you can cause you can go to toys r us you can buy like a be Dazzler, and you can just do this at home.
Speaker 4: I just I just got it for the brand name.
Speaker 3: Mom.
Speaker 4: Well, love to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, So what is that?
Speaker 1: Right? Because I know like people like they like Gucci and VERSACEI and what is that? What is what is the value of that?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest, there's no value in it, be real.
Speaker 2: But you bought it, there is you bought spend four hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes me feel good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: This makes me feel better of myself, Like I made this money for myself. I could spend this money on myself. You know, I like spending money on myself.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how else do you spend money on yourself?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 6: The only thing I'm focused on those cameras, you know what I'm saying. So I just bought a whole bunch of equipment. I spent over thousands of dollars on equipments. Right now, I'm just on that. I don't really spend money on anything else besides that right now.
Speaker 4: Close.
Speaker 6: I held off like I had these for a while, I used for a minute. I just started burying them again, probably no last month.
Speaker 1: The camera stuff is good because that's I mean, you could that's a tax right off. Yeah, you can't write these off on your tax Actually I remember you. I don't know, like you know what? Okay, honestly, I bet like, all right, Like if I was your if I was your CPA and you were getting audited and the I R. S. Was like, yo, you what is this four hundred dollars charge for pants? What is this four hundred dollars expense? I'd be like, this is marketing, all right? People you have flashing pants. People come up to you, They're like, I like your pants.
Speaker 4: That's that's like.
Speaker 2: Uh, and so what do you do?
Speaker 1: And then you're like on a photographer and then that's your money and then we and then we'd go to jail.
Speaker 4: Jail are going to jail for text from damn damn?
Speaker 2: How how what else is going on in your life? You seem carefree?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm literally a chill gup, bro.
Speaker 3: Really I have a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm not really, I'm real privileged.
Speaker 2: Tell me more if you want to privilege.
Speaker 4: I mean you know what I'm saying. I miss I'm a little privileged. So I don't really have any worries on stress.
Speaker 6: Right now, you know, Okay, I'm just trying to build myself who you know, build myself up become who I want to become, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, have you ever had any stress or worries or yeah?
Speaker 4: Of course? I mean you know, you lose jobs.
Speaker 6: I had a job, lost it, multiple jobs, I lost it, So yeah, of course you you that's the only thing I have a stressed about.
Speaker 4: But I was only probably about a week. You don't stress over those.
Speaker 6: Type of things too long, you know what I'm saying. My photography makes up money.
Speaker 1: I'm good man sick really, you know I am. You know what's funny is there's so there's two kinds of people. There's more.
Speaker 2: There's a spectrum of people.
Speaker 1: There's people who are like I can't possibly imagine how anyone could worry about anything.
Speaker 2: Life is so easy and great.
Speaker 1: And then there's people who are like, I can't imagine how everyone is not running around screaming like their heads on fire.
Speaker 4: Certain people they they live they live like in the now. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's kind of like they're stressing over problems now instead of thinking like tomorrow, probably not even't stress over those type of things, you know what I'm saying, Like, for instance, a love life, Yeah, you might break up with your girl right now. You might be mad right now, but probably next week you're not gonna be You're not gonna think about that.
Speaker 4: So that's why a lot of people are.
Speaker 1: Just next week's a little soon, right, Like if you were, like I don't know if you were, if you were in love with a woman for like five years and then you broke up, if by next week you were like, oh, what's her?
Speaker 2: I forgot her name? I mean, I'd like, I don't know if that was worth.
Speaker 6: Certain things you can't stress about you got no control over, So there's no need to stress over you know what I'm saying anything I don't have control over. I don't stress about a lot of control over. I'll stress about it.
Speaker 1: What do you what are you stressed about anything right now? No?
Speaker 2: Like right now? Do you mean like right now? Is in like the general right now?
Speaker 4: Or it's like an exact moment where we're talking general right now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Cool, that's awesome in this exact moment. No, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to live in the moment a little bit more too.
Speaker 4: You should, bro. Yeah, it makes you feel free, bro. Yeah, I mean you kind of a kind of like a you free. I feel like you.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel yeah, I feel I feel very in the moment. I feel very in the moment right now.
Speaker 4: People can't do the things you do right now. Oh this a lot of people can't do that.
Speaker 1: This, you know what is? This feels very uh normal normal just doing this? Yeah, like I don't my heart rate is like that because that's who you are wrestling, this.
Speaker 4: Is who you is.
Speaker 6: I'm like this, unlike you, Bro, I'll do the same thing. I go outside, talks random people.
Speaker 4: They're just free.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. It doesn't bother you. It shouldn't bother you.
Speaker 2: Why not you? I feel like I'm and here's the thing.
Speaker 1: And I may have talked about like like you like, it's something about having a costume or like a context makes it way easier to talk to people.
Speaker 4: You know, funny birthdays on Halloween?
Speaker 2: Man, do you use that somehow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This, well, this year, I'm definitely about to go full costume.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna be?
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of being a realistic alien.
Speaker 6: Like the whole head, lips, moving skin, everything, Like I'm about.
Speaker 2: To go crazy a realistic alien.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm thinking about doing that.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure yet it's either that or probably something like death Note the I forgot that guy's name, that's what.
Speaker 1: Are Are you an anime guy?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Really? I just watch it here and in Okaya?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: What is death notice? Like this guy is a journal If he writes to your name and it die, that's so.
Speaker 4: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: Bro Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about death Note, but it, like the premise sounds lame, like just a kid being like, all right, I'll write about you in my journal if you're meaning.
Speaker 4: Right right right? Okay? When you put it like that, damn you?
Speaker 2: That is it cooler than that?
Speaker 4: I believe it is.
Speaker 6: The anime is super cool, but the movie ain't made. Maybe not, you know what I'm saying. But inmate, definitely definitely Town to ten. You should watch that, but you should watch it, bro Okay. If you never watch you should watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'll think about it.
Speaker 4: Many you got an Instagram or anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got an Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's at Lyle the number four ever. And you know what's fine is Lyle. The word the words Lyle forever wasn't taken, but I just had the four.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: My fingers are a little.
Speaker 1: But if you search therapy Gecko, there's a green guy that comes up, and that's that's me.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's me.
Speaker 4: That's so crazy, man, that's well.
Speaker 1: What's your name? What's your name? Oscar. It's nice to me you, Oscar Oscars. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: I have a photography page.
Speaker 6: It's called the go Ahead, the mugshot Lab on Instagram, the what lab, the mug shot lab, the mugshot Lab.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Would you ever would you do that job? Would you take like mugs, like actual mug shots?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I have.
Speaker 6: I have a huge plan right now coming up, probably like by the beginning of September. Coming incorporates mug shots and stuff like that. It's all right, crazy but coming up.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, nice to meet you too, Oscar. Good luck with your with your life. Man, I'll see you. I'll see you on the universe maybe one time. I oh, yeah, I want to see those pictures. I'll tell you. I'll get them from you later. Everything okay, rock and roll, Yeah, I'll see it if you didn't. Man, all right, see you, Oscar. What's pleasure to me?
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: What's your name? My name is Solids Solace.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Solace?
Speaker 10: You know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: What's crazy?
Speaker 4: Our front?
Speaker 10: The sleep to your video last night?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, ship really where they are? That's that's some some manifestation stuff.
Speaker 10: That's the present moment.
Speaker 2: What video was it?
Speaker 10: It was you and Dominic fight?
Speaker 8: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I thought it was very funny, just like the energy of it was like very relaxed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He seems like a cool I don't know him, but he seems like a nice guy now he is.
Speaker 10: I listen to his music.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 10: I like all types of music.
Speaker 1: What what you like all types of music music? Do you like country music?
Speaker 10: I like country music?
Speaker 2: That everyone, that's what everyone. That's Severone's line is like.
Speaker 11: They always say, I like I like all types of music, but I don't like country.
Speaker 10: But like you don't like everything?
Speaker 1: Then do you like like scream out? Heavy metal?
Speaker 11: I make metal music. Scream Oh, I have a country song as well. My goal is I want to reach all audiences.
Speaker 1: I wanna literally, I don't know if you can do that, you'll see reaching all audience. Think about I don't mean, I don't mean, I don't know if you can do that. I like, I don't believe in you personal ability, but I I it's like, actually, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna eat my words real quick because it's this band, one of my favorite bands, so I really like by the name of Ween, and they are like pretty genre lists, you know. They have they have country songs, and they have like rock songs, and they have heavy, punky songs, and they have all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: So I take I take back what I said you.
Speaker 1: I think you could definitely be a multi genre.
Speaker 10: It's all about curiosity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you What are you curious about? These days?
Speaker 11: Everything about life is create Like, I think the goal is to lead life with acceptance, curiosity, and understanding. So when you walk through life with those three principles, you just grow and you realize more things.
Speaker 1: Acceptance, curiosity, and understanding. Our understanding and acceptance somewhat.
Speaker 10: Somewhat the same thing. Yeah, in a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, I don't mean to nitpick your.
Speaker 11: Because think about it, it's like, yeah, somewhat they're kind of different. You could go if you really want to nitpick it, we could like go into the differences, but they're pretty much the same.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 1: Do you are you doing a good job at accepting and they understand.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 11: Then it was a little bit harder, Like when you're younger, you're a little bit more stubborn for sure.
Speaker 2: Old you already seemed like a young guy. Yeah, I'm nineteen. Okay.
Speaker 1: Word and when you, uh, when you were young? What it was when we were younger? What was what was it hard to accept?
Speaker 10: I feel like, at least for me, it was hard to accept who I was.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense, well, of course, yeah, yo, god, dear god, you don't want to accept who you are when you're sixteen.
Speaker 2: Very horrible.
Speaker 1: If you're fifteen and you were like, this is me forever, Yeah, of course not.
Speaker 2: You don't accept that. What were you?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I've always stood out because I perceived the world and kind of differently. Everyone perceives the world differently, but I just a lot of people didn't seem to understand how with like think and navigate through things and how I viewed things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So back then I used to think that was a negative. I thought that was a bad thing.
Speaker 11: But when I became an artist, that's the thing that sets me apart. That's the thing that attracts people. That's I become the voice for those people and people who feel similar.
Speaker 10: So it was a gift.
Speaker 11: I feel like, yeah, it was a lot of accepting the bat and through making music, I've learned to just accept who I am fully, so it allows me to be bothering.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if you want to accept who you are fully at nineteen? Don't you want to keep being malleable?
Speaker 10: I mean I evolve every day. I feel like we all, yeah, evolve every day.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right, You're right, You're right. Actually, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I actually think accepting who you are is good.
Speaker 11: How do you accept Like think about this, like what you've built for yourself and how far you came, Like this was just an idea in your head.
Speaker 10: Probably yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, you know I agree with the Actually I'm trying to accept myself a little bit more. I'm trying to, like but I'm trying to become okay with being annoying you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: What do you think is annoying about anything that you do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, like, I think I've talked about this on the show for but like you ever like you ever go to a party or a social situation and you walk away and you're like, oh, I think I was a little annoying. Yeah, or I was maybe I don't know, maybe you got drunk, you said something stupid, you know, not not like hostile or malicious, but you're just like a hostile and malicious is a different thing.
Speaker 2: That's more of a thing.
Speaker 1: Like if you feel like, oh I was hostile or I was malicious, that's the kind of stuff you want to like, oh I gotta change that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you were just annoying, it's fine. Yeah, you know you know what I mean, Like, uh, oh I was a little loud er. I just tried to be funny. It's interesting that you say It's like, that's fine.
Speaker 2: You just get accepted about yourself.
Speaker 11: It's interesting you say that because as an artist, you've got to be annoying.
Speaker 2: You gotta be annoying. Yeah, you gotta be annoying.
Speaker 11: And I feel like when you're doing anything that's different creative, you're so eager to show it and to be like, oh I do this, or like when you're so passionate about life and things, you could go on forever about it and just talk about forever and go on forever. But you may walk around from a situation be like was I annoying? Because some people they don't know how to reciprocate that energy. Like if I went to you and talked about music because I love it so much, I'll probably talk about it at a depth and a level that you might not quite understand or be.
Speaker 10: Able to like reciprocate. Sure, but that.
Speaker 2: Way, like you would get into like keys and notes and stuff.
Speaker 11: That even I'm more about the feeling of it, which matters. But we live in a world where a lot of people they don't really feel.
Speaker 8: What do you.
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 2: You really believe that?
Speaker 11: Not fully, I feel like people feel, but they like to distract themselves.
Speaker 10: Think about the phone? What is it doing?
Speaker 11: Of course, because when you sit with yourself and when you're by yourself and you're alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's if you walk around being like I might. If you walk around being like I'm gonna talk about music and it's such a way that uh, people will not understand because most people don't feel you're gonna isolate yourself.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 11: I like that you say that, But for me, it was more just like I don't think I just go with the flow in the moment, just like you were saying earlier. And when you're in the moment and you're not thinking, the feeling just leads everything. Like right now, as I'm talking, there's no thought, it's just a flow of conversation between.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we're in a flow state.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I agree with that if people aren't in that flow state.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, but you have no fun.
Speaker 1: You have no idea what anyone else is that anything, and no clue. Man, that could be a projection. But I'm not saying that you as you. I'm saying the general you. You know you, Like I was trying to explain the concept of sollipsism to someone the other day. I was I was really boring them, but I was trying to I was trying to do you know what syllipsism is.
Speaker 11: It's uh, the first part of it sounds familiar, but the end of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I talked about this on the pocket.
Speaker 1: It's like the idea that your own consciousness is the only thing you can truly verify, and it's uh, you have no idea what anyone else is thinking or feeling. So if you walk around you have this preconceived notion of like all other people are not gonna understand me, then you don't take chances you don't you won't be vulnerable in such a way that you can allow yourself to be.
Speaker 11: Also goes with the flow because you're not thinking, You're not worried about what do people are thinking? Yeah, because I've really it's like the law of assumption, which you assume is what is.
Speaker 2: A sort of sort of I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a lot of situations I've been in where like maybe like I'll be in a conversation and I'll be like, I'll be like, this person is probably not on my level of understanding of this situation right now, I relate to well, okay, right, But then three days later, but then you look back on that conversation, like you're like, well, then you look back at the conversation, You're like, oh, no, that person probably just thought I was a douchebag, or that person probably like you know, I was, I was the one who didn't understand. That's always default to believing that you don't understand, which is funny because that you're you're helplessly surrendering to the universe.
Speaker 11: That's kind of a construct and like a belief system. Like I viewed like this, our brain is like a computer, and we got these programs that are really negative. Yeah, that we naturally go to the negative program. Yeah, I believe that instead of like a positive program. Yeah, which is like kind of like what rebuilding your subconscious is, because you could you could reprogram yourself that every time you meet somebody and talk to somebody, that you think of positive things, that they only thought about you positively, and if you change that thought. Because consciousness, everything is a reflection of your consciousness. So the more you heal and fix yourself eternally, the more externally everything's more comfortable.
Speaker 2: I would say, oh, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: No, I fully believe in the internal reality, the internal thing or reflection of the external.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes it feels like you you're live in a prison.
Speaker 2: If you're on making like that, I feel like.
Speaker 10: The mental pain is like probably the worst pain.
Speaker 11: Do you have any hobbies? I skate obviously. Music, Music's my life. Like I'm very I have a weird I work every day, so every day i'm either if i'm not if i'm home, I'm always recording, I mix it. I do everything engineered by myself. I do all tiffic types of genres. I'm always studying music.
Speaker 10: I study the greats, and I study older people, people from now.
Speaker 2: But like Mozart and shit.
Speaker 11: Even bro even I had a friend he showed me this like Mozart movie we're about, like this movie about Mozart, and there's a scene in the movie about how he came up with one of his songs and he was showing me, and I genuinely was interested because like the way that they showed it in the in like the movie and the Bible pic and it's like they were making music in an old traditional way. But I was able to see how it evolved to how we make music today.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, everything everything's I feel like, Yeah, philosophy is like that. All the thoughts that we think are unique have been thought about by some fucking guy a billion years ago, and it's.
Speaker 11: Like crazy to think about because like when when you think about things like those, I feel like you just appreciate life more.
Speaker 2: What's your name again?
Speaker 1: My name is saw This sauce is the anything else you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 2: Before we go.
Speaker 10: Always believing yourself and everything is possible.
Speaker 11: And whatever makes you feel and makes you feel the mo happy inside, chase it and keep feeling your love and passion for things in the world.
Speaker 10: And literally anything you could think of is possible.
Speaker 11: I would have never thought I could do the things that I could do, like perform and all the cool shit, even meeting him.
Speaker 10: Literally, I fell asleep to his video. Literally, and now right.
Speaker 2: Here except flight. You can't fly, don't you if you jump off a.
Speaker 11: Building out two thousand years from now? Think we could think about when they made the plane. You the thing that I went up and said, Yo, I have this idea we're gonna make, like you know how birds fly, I'm gonna.
Speaker 10: Make this car that flies. People looked at him like he was crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I you know what, and too, I'll see you in two thousand years and we'll do it.
Speaker 2: We'll do a flight test or something. We will willing.
Speaker 10: I appreciate you, Thank you, of course, man.
Speaker 2: I'll see your on the universe.
Speaker 4: Sir.
Speaker 2: Hi, what is your name? Hi, Chloe, that's my sister's name. Let's Chloe.
Speaker 13: What possesses you to do this?
Speaker 2: What possesses me to do this?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 13: I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, Wait, but before I get my answer, what do you think possessed me to do this?
Speaker 7: Well, just based off of like what I've been hearing, I feel like you are trying to do a good thing, but it is like, you know, like talking to people.
Speaker 13: I checked out your page, you give advice and what.
Speaker 7: Sure, So I feel like when you do it just stressed like a normal person, it's harder to reach an audience. So maybe you're trying to find a way to reach an audience by like stepping out the box.
Speaker 8: That's sure.
Speaker 1: Okay when you say it, do you mean like the whole thing with the cameras and the mics in the podcast, or do you mean the gecko suit or everything?
Speaker 2: Oh, the gecko suit.
Speaker 7: I think like you're broadcasting it to reach another audience. But I think like just being out here it's hard to like and I don't know if like is this like what now you tell me your answer, because I was just.
Speaker 13: Gonna go into like a whole deep I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, a whole deep dive if I that's more everyone here's because here's the thing and a lot of this is one of my problems with doing this is that. I know people said they want to know about like why I'm the gecko or whatever. But I feel like the people who listen to this they've heard me for heard me too much. I want to know about you, Chloe. Okay, what's going on in your life?
Speaker 7: Nothing much? School, work, works, school. I'm now here interviewing with a get go.
Speaker 2: What do you go to school for?
Speaker 13: I'm getting my NBA finance.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, very nice? Yeah, I think what what do you do for work?
Speaker 13: I'm an e A. I'm I'm an e A at a finance firm.
Speaker 1: You work at the you work at Madden Madden. Never mind, you're a I'm an.
Speaker 13: I got I got exactly what you just meant, Madden meaning like football Madden. Yes, I just got the joke.
Speaker 7: What do you call it? Yeah, I'm an e A. I'm a I'm an e at a finance firm.
Speaker 2: And you're an executive assistant?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, all right, listen off the record, but also kind of totally on the record because we're recording it. But, uh, do you like to people throw things at you? Or people mean it seems like a very like genuinely I've had I've.
Speaker 13: Had some weird experiences like weird.
Speaker 7: Okay, so this is just my this is just I've never had an experience where someone was like outwardly rude or they're throwing stuff. But I do have to say, if you work in like a super big firm, you're gonna come across a bunch of people with different backgrounds.
Speaker 13: They're from different you know. And with that being.
Speaker 7: Said, usually with their cultures, they treat people differently based off off whether they're subordinate or you know. So I've been treated differently, like it's it's it's out of the norm for Americans, but it's like in their culture it's normal. But I think it's a beautiful experience because you get to first of all, you built tough skin, and then second all you get to see different people from there.
Speaker 1: Are you able to because I don't want to, well this, you've been in EA at multiple different things. Yes, okay, so I don't want to get you in trouble, like well, like do you mean like I guess like in Japanese work culture, it's very uhcty like subordinate and superior.
Speaker 2: Yes, vibe is that kind of what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Like other like other cultures, Yes, like America is a little bit more like lax.
Speaker 7: But then again, I've there's a lot of I've seen a lot of directors, so you know, they're analysts and they're like from Tennessee, and I'll be like, what the fuck are like, They'll they'll talk to them crazy. But I've also experienced you know, it could just be to us they'll be seen as rude, but to them, it's just like it's in their culture.
Speaker 13: It's just what they're used to. That's how they're raised.
Speaker 8: So so let.
Speaker 1: Me ask you this, Clay, because you're on the up. You know, you're working, you're on a school. Yeah, we see you. You know you're you're you're on the rise. When you are when you are CEO one day, if that's what you want, I don't know what you want. But when you're when you have well whatever, when you have an EA, yeah, do you predict that you will remember what it was like to be in EA and that you'll be more uh empathetic as result? Or will you let the money change you?
Speaker 13: No wrong answers, No, absolutely. First of all, I feel like.
Speaker 7: I feel like as an EA, you do get to if I never experienced this job role, I feel like I wouldn't have the same type of empathy for other eas as I do, you know, in the job role.
Speaker 13: But I feel like, let's say, like later on in the future.
Speaker 7: If I were have an EA, there are certain attributes within just from what from working I see that I would like if I were to have an EA, certain attributes where I've seen commonly in other eas where or even in myself, where I wouldn't like. So I feel like I wouldn't be super or be like, oh I get it, I get it, but it would be like I understand, but you know, you gotta get your your.
Speaker 1: We all got to I understand, but I asked for a splendor and this is regular show exactly, and if you do it again, I will kill you exactly.
Speaker 7: I mean it's like that's even even within myself just being an EA, I'm like that in my personal life as well, Like okay, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Totally, so okay, So what do you want? Because do you want to be the CEO? Do you want to be high powered business person?
Speaker 7: No, I don't think I'm gonna be doing anything in finance. If I would be doing anything in finance, I would probably be like a chief of staff. I don't see myself like being an analyst or anything. At my last job, my director was like, oh, you should just like become an analyst. You'll be a great analyst. But that comes like it's just with finance. It's such a like a structured ladder you have to climb up of and it's like if you start, if you want to start, you have to start in an internship and then that's gonna.
Speaker 13: Take you a while.
Speaker 7: It's like it's such a I'm very I'm a spontaneous person.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you this, Like in the finance world, have you met anyone like evil?
Speaker 2: You don't have I don't want any names.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like well like evil as in like their vibes like just like just something like is off with them?
Speaker 1: Hell ya yeah, yeah, Like what is that?
Speaker 7: I don't know, there's been There was this one guy he came into our firm.
Speaker 13: I'm not gonna say who, but he owns another huge, huge, huge.
Speaker 7: Firm, one of the biggest assets. They they I'm actually not the same thing. But he came into our firm and he had a meeting and it's just immediately like his vibe was just off to me. I didn't know at the time who he was. I had to ask after him, like who was that, because it's like his VI his I don't know, just the energy was off. But even outside of finance, like I go to you know, I'm young, I go to the club and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I'm like waiting for you to say that this was Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 7: No, okay, no, you probably if I were to go a little bit more into depth, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to exactly like be like I know exactly which.
Speaker 8: That's what I was, like, I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 7: I don't even know you're you probably would definitely because the corporate, like their firm itself is.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah yeah. So even like going to clubs.
Speaker 7: And whatnot, and like just just being outside, even outside of finance.
Speaker 13: It's like oh he like, you know, child, what's he called?
Speaker 7: Even outside of finance or just like in night life or just in the regular Like sometimes I'll just come across people, and it usually tends to be people with a lot of money that give me just weird vibes. It's not all the time. I work around a lot of people who do have a lot of money, whether it's liquid assets whatever, but he specifically gave me a weird vibe.
Speaker 13: There's been several of the times I've gotten that.
Speaker 7: There was actually one time I went to a club with a very very famous R and B singer guy and he had allegations and I kid you not after my interaction with him at the club, but we went to like a bowling alley and the club afterwards he did whatever they said he did because it was just just talking to me.
Speaker 1: Did you hang out with R Kelly?
Speaker 13: You could take like take like three more guesses.
Speaker 1: That's the I don't that's the only that actually might be the only R and.
Speaker 13: B C think Yeah, okay, then yo, but you he you don't.
Speaker 2: Have to say. You don't have to say what is no, no.
Speaker 7: But he was definitely off and whatever whatever they said he did, he definitely did one hundred and ten percent okay. But there's been several instance where I ran into like some really creepy, weird people.
Speaker 1: Have you met anyone who's nice? Have you met a lot of nice people?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Actually be surprised.
Speaker 7: I feel like in finance, I feel like a lot of people think like, oh, everyone's mean, stush suit and tie really rude, like you know how your first like question was like, have you met.
Speaker 13: Anyone that's thrown stuff at you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, all tend to usually think it's like that, but no, Honestly, I feel like depend It depends on which firm you go to and who you work under. But depending on which firm or who you work under, you can find a lot of people who would want to help you and whatnot.
Speaker 2: What's your life like outside of finance?
Speaker 8: What do you do gaming? What do you what do you play?
Speaker 13: I played Grow Garden right now on Girl Garden.
Speaker 2: Girl Garden.
Speaker 13: It's on roadblocks. It's really dumb, but.
Speaker 1: You really go Garden sounds like what people derogatorily would call Stardoo Valley.
Speaker 2: You're playing the Girl Garden game?
Speaker 13: Yes, what's that's? What you say?
Speaker 2: Stardoo Valley?
Speaker 13: What's that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's like it's like a garden game. I think, Yeah, I've never played it, but it's like a farming simula.
Speaker 7: No, no, this one's it's called Girl Garden. I feel like you would like it.
Speaker 13: You should try it.
Speaker 1: I don't like sim games.
Speaker 13: Sim games. Wait, what do you mean sim games?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 8: I feel like?
Speaker 1: I didn't I even listen to you enough? What what what is girl garden?
Speaker 13: Okay, girl garden is is basically like a rodblocks.
Speaker 7: I mean you literally just grow a garden and then you could like sell your plants, and the more money you make, the more you can expand your garden, the bigger your garden. Again, then you could flex on some other people with some really cool plants.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you're saying grow garden.
Speaker 13: Grow a garden.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you said girl garden.
Speaker 7: Girl Garden. Yeah, I mean it might as well be grow garden.
Speaker 1: Okay and grow a garden. Yeah, oh okay, I wouldn't even ask what the game was.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's called It's really fun, though. I feel like you like it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're grow.
Speaker 1: A garden, You're you're perfect for I don't like I like games with objectives. I hate I hate like animal crossing. I hate animal Crossing. I hate Stardoo Valley, I hate Farmville.
Speaker 7: I don't like Farmville. I've I've tried Animal Crossing. I couldn't get into it. But I feel like grow Garden. You can make your own objectives as you go. But I guess I guess it's just I feel like you like more clear objectives, like this is the point is like a story based gus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if I wanted to like think about I like, there's too much going on in like my real life to start thinking about a virtual life, you.
Speaker 13: Know, to like create your own. Yeah, that's I don't like sims.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate you don't like sims. No, but grow a garden seems very simsy.
Speaker 13: No, not at all, grow garden. You're focused on your garden.
Speaker 7: Okay, you know you grow, grow, grow, and you could like, like my garden's cool.
Speaker 13: Ast shit, I can show you like my garden.
Speaker 1: You want to say, sure, what you have it on your phone?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, this is an app game.
Speaker 13: No, it's I took a video of my garden.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah garden absolutely so.
Speaker 7: This is my me and my friend. This is my garden, and this is her I have forty three billion.
Speaker 1: And then she's aout, well you have forty three billion?
Speaker 7: What in the game? Forty three billion? Shekels and she's about a whip up. That's her flower that she grow.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a very inflated currency.
Speaker 13: No, I've made.
Speaker 3: I've made.
Speaker 13: It's I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I know you have forty three billion, but it seemed like how much is that worth in like US dollars?
Speaker 13: I don't know, like one hundred million. I'm definitely up Like my network is like up there.
Speaker 8: Okay, like people.
Speaker 13: In my finance from they don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you do you invest?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you invest? What should we invest in?
Speaker 13: We should invest in? Elderberry? Are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Grow garden?
Speaker 13: Are you talking about real life?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I guess real life?
Speaker 13: Okay, real life?
Speaker 3: Hmm?
Speaker 7: What should you invest in? I'd say property? Property is probably my biggest thing. I feel like, you know, land property, whatever the case may be. Land is a lot better though.
Speaker 1: Okay, where have you been buying lands?
Speaker 7: I'm I mean, I haven't been buying land yet, but if I do want to buy land, I feel like somewhere liked like maybe my Wyoming, Middle America or somewhere like I feel like it's the farmland out there is really good agriculture.
Speaker 2: You know, you could you could grow a garden.
Speaker 13: I r l there you go, we could grow garden together.
Speaker 2: That could be fun. Yeah, grow a garden.
Speaker 13: What about you? What's your favorite game?
Speaker 1: Super Smash Brother's Melee for the Nintendo GameCube.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Mario Kart.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, you're saying all the right woods.
Speaker 2: I'm a red dead redemption too.
Speaker 8: I'm a gotta get up.
Speaker 13: Are you serious? That's my favorite fucking game of Yes, I played.
Speaker 8: That game through and through, like make you play it on.
Speaker 13: I played it on PSI, my PS five at home.
Speaker 7: I also have it on PC because I console games like I played like shooter games on PC.
Speaker 13: I iced to stream stream ice to stream on Twitch.
Speaker 1: Wait wait really, yeah, what what happens?
Speaker 7: I stopped because I started once I started like taking my master's, Like it was hard for me to work full time, stream consistently and do school. And it's like, in order for me to do school, I have to work. I have to make money, and Twitch wasn't making me enough money. I feel like maybe once I'm done with school, I'll go back into it. But I have like a whole Discord community.
Speaker 1: Wait really, yeah? Can I ask what's your Do you ever you ever like hop on?
Speaker 10: Still?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do the fans miss you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They're always asking me what I'm gonna get back on Twitch? Like I could go probably Like I got a d M yesterday asking me when I'm gonna get back on Twitch.
Speaker 2: Wait, what can I ask what your twitch is?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's k l O v o x o and then a l O v v o.
Speaker 8: X cloth oxl cloxl.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pretty hard to like remember, I need to change it to something more.
Speaker 13: What have you been streaming shooter games?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 7: Really like this was like when Fortnite was on the rise, but I would play Fortnite. What else would I play? It really just be Fortnight see us go. I played a little bit. I really liked Counterstrike Valeriant I tried to get into but I couldn't. And they'll know it's one more shooter that my friend had put me onto.
Speaker 13: But it's like a it's like a variant of Valorant. But it was really fun. I liked it.
Speaker 7: I have to find out the name. But it was mainly just shooter games I really like to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've thought about well, I mean I stream my like I stream this on Twitch.
Speaker 13: Why don't you stream like stream stream on like?
Speaker 2: I thought about it, dude.
Speaker 1: The other I thought about it, and I was like, maybe I'll start streaming video games on Twitch.
Speaker 13: If you look.
Speaker 1: It's like, I just like playing video games. I don't want to turn it into like a.
Speaker 7: That's where my issue was, is like it's people don't realize is especially when it comes to Twitch. I'm sure this is like people will be like, Oh, it's easy for you to like get you stup and go talk to people, but no, it's like emotionally taxing, draining at times where it's like, especially if you do it every day.
Speaker 13: Same thing with Twitch.
Speaker 7: I feel like, so it's like if you're doing something like on Twitch every day, you build a community and they're expecting you, it starts to take the fun out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, Well, here's the thing, is like there's a version of me streaming video games on Twitch that takes no emotional energy.
Speaker 2: At that point, it's like why do it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like there's a version where I just sit in silence and play video games and I happen to be live and people in the chat talk to you.
Speaker 2: Would that be lame?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: No, whatever games I'm normally.
Speaker 7: Playing, have you seen? I mean I was gonna say, like, have you know Caso?
Speaker 13: Who Caso?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 13: You don't know who Keso is?
Speaker 2: Should I know?
Speaker 7: Does anyone here know who Keeso is? The Twitch streamer. Oh my god, he's fucking goded.
Speaker 4: How how no?
Speaker 13: Hell no, no, I was gonna say, no, Caso is attractive. Oh my god, come on, let's not do that because he's big. They're trying to make fun of because he's big. Yeah, he's hot. I think he's cute. He's cute.
Speaker 2: What's his deal.
Speaker 8: He's just a bigger guy.
Speaker 4: But he's cute.
Speaker 13: I don't know why people make fun of him immediately. I don't like that.
Speaker 7: But Caso's really funny. I love his Twitch streams. He could he tweaks out on tw sometimes, but it's just his personality. You also give me that vibere. It's like you could just talk about anything and he just streams and he doesn't even curse or anything, and he gets like fifty six thousand people per week.
Speaker 1: I would I thought about it, because, like I mean, I thought about like just playing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'll think about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, if people if people are listening to this and they're like, oh they should.
Speaker 7: I mean, if people are watching you. I mean it's like you already have a fan base. You already have a following. If you feel like you like games and you like talking to people, and sometimes you just don't feel like getting dressed up.
Speaker 13: You'll be surprised by who will tune in. I will tune in, you know, all right, I'll.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: We could we could uh do a car like we could do a collabse stream Yeah. Yeah, if we could make a little we could we could do a little farm.
Speaker 13: A little grow garden farm.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, could you fight people in grol guarden? Is it like roadblocks where you do fights?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 7: But I have so you can steal from people's garden, Like, yes, do do you steal? People have stolen some really expressive mushrooms from me. But in order to steal you have to spend real money. So I've spent like upwards of like one hundred dollars stealing back from people who've stolen from me.
Speaker 1: That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Yeah, really, other people pay money to sit steal from you.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you.
Speaker 13: So, someone stole from my garden.
Speaker 7: Right, it was probably like a mushroom that was worth like a couple million. It had like all these mutations on it, super fucking dope, and she stole it from me.
Speaker 13: And I was like, did you steal from my garden.
Speaker 7: She was like, yeah, I'll do it again, and then she flips, she takes out the mushroom and then started flashing my mushroom in front of me after she stole it from me.
Speaker 2: This game sounds hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't play games that require an Internet connection for this reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's like, either you could come across like a really good community and girl garden, or you could get bullied by a bunch of ten year olds that like are using mommy, using mommy's credit card to steal all your and mind you like their garden will be like they'll have like a couple billion and they won't even need to steal from you, but they'll just steal from you.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm gonna be I don't know, can that's how old you are twenty four? I'm twenty seven, Okay, I feel like at twenty seven, I'm like, I'm like, watch, I talked to somebody, So, I mean, normally this podcast is like phone calls. And I had a caller call me and be like, I'm thirty three years old and I just got into a huge fight with a thirteen year old on roadblocks and it's caused me to deeply existentially reevaluate my life. Yeah, and I don't want. I feel like that's gonna be me if I start playing.
Speaker 13: That's been me so many times.
Speaker 7: I probably cursed out I don't know how many people's children on roadblocks. I've cursed out peep on Girl Garden. I've cursed out people on Dressed to Impress.
Speaker 1: It's like, are you Are you okay? Is that a symptom of some underlying no?
Speaker 13: Because they're so like.
Speaker 7: The kids on there, they know how to push your button, so it's like they'll do certain things to try and push your buttons.
Speaker 13: Then you can't curse on roadblocks.
Speaker 1: Well that's so funny because I'm I'm sorry. I keep referencing other things that happened on this podcast, but some I talked to somebody I think it was maybe even on the last episode, and we talked about anger, like, like you know, like anger as a displacement mmm, and like the idea that like anger is usually just a displacement from something else. Yeah, Like you're not actually angry exactly. I'm actually angry at this kid on roadblocks, but in this moment, sometimes you genuinely just are angry at.
Speaker 7: The yes, I was just gonna say, I completely get what you're saying, because I mean, just as humans, it's like we could go through something and like me at work, like let's say i'll go through something, I can't necessarily curse out my boss, so maybe I'll take it out on rodblocks later on. No, I can't say. With robots, that's not the case. Those kids know how to push your button. It's like I've been I just cursed out a kid yesterday because I was playing among us and they purposely, like completely disregarded the fact that I was not the impostor and rowed everyone else up to throw me out the ship and kick me into the lava of flames.
Speaker 13: Turns out I wasn't in, so I'm gonna get riled up again.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they know how to push it.
Speaker 13: I really went off on this kid.
Speaker 7: But the thing is where robots is, you can't curse, so it just shows up as like the number sign, which is even more aggravating because.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I I gotta say, Clay, I had no interest in Fortnite or Roadblocks are among us before this conversation, but I'm happy that I have, and I have unfortunately even less now but uh, I'll give you.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a raid on Twitch sometimes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I'm I'm not on there, but I will want you to be on Twitch.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet s all right, I'll think of I'll think about it. I'll think about it. Is there anything else you want to say to the people before we go?
Speaker 7: Chloe, stay in school, stay in school, don't curst out kids on roadblocks, don't be like me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's not cool. And stop stealing people's ship on dressed.
Speaker 1: On paying money to steal something, you might as well pay for the things.
Speaker 13: That you stop stealing from my garden.
Speaker 2: Stop to steal. See you, kloy. What is your name, sir?
Speaker 3: I'm Rock Rock.
Speaker 5: Rock Yeah, like r O C K yeah, almost take out the k wait.
Speaker 2: How do you spell it?
Speaker 14: Take out the k r C Yeah?
Speaker 3: Rock?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a cool name.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: What's up? Rock?
Speaker 2: Okay, we did a fist, But how's how's life?
Speaker 14: Rock?
Speaker 2: What are we up to?
Speaker 5: I'm not liking it much, but I just I came over here right now to say that I really like like goos are like my favorite animals. That's one thing, Like, uh, it's because of it's my favorite pokemon.
Speaker 2: Wait, give.
Speaker 1: I'm just checking and make sure that's so good. That's so good, okay, sick. I was just making sure sometimes the things.
Speaker 14: Up, ok yeah.
Speaker 5: And the other thing is my next session with my therapist might be my last one unfortunately, because I just missed him. He's gonna he's gonna do he's he's taking care of he's taking care of things, and uh, okay, I'm just gonna miss him. I missed my sister too because she moved out. I know those are like all of those like tangents. I don't mean to be this, I just wanted to say those two things.
Speaker 2: What's up with your sister again?
Speaker 5: She moved to Virginia. I haven't seen her in a minute, and she doesn't want contact with nobody in the house no more. Not to put on blast and ship. But you know that's just what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we can we can, you know, we can talk about uh. I feel like for the last twenty minutes we were just talking about video games and fun light things, which is normally normally a lot of this show is talking about UH, like like intense, and I was gonna say, if you wanted to if you want to.
Speaker 8: Talk about in this highest life going bad.
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 14: In this hot as sun. Sure, I don't. I don't think I want to. I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't think I want to get that deep. I might get that deep. I want whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 14: So here's the thing, right, I hope with the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool to say you've seen seen the show? Yeah, okay, sweet.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm I'm kind of a fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, hell, thank you rock. I'm glad people are still listening to this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, episode was Zach Fox and all that.
Speaker 14: I'm a big fan of Zach Fox.
Speaker 3: And you.
Speaker 5: Uh And I just met what's his name, Mark Ribley and he was on the show too.
Speaker 14: Actually, yeah I remember.
Speaker 2: I think he's in New York, man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so's it's just a lot going on today.
Speaker 2: You met him today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh ship it was pretty cool, ye like Mark?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit this park? Mark is in this park?
Speaker 5: No, not in not right now? It was like hours ago. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So I'm a cartoonist and Archie Bornora.
Speaker 5: I'm low key like the best Marvel fan fiction writer like ever, and like nobody knows this because I haven't put anything out yet, but like ever since I was a six year old, I've been like a huge Marvel fan, right, And I've always wanted to write for them when I was younger, and I still want to write for them now. I still got these stories and I want to put them out. But it's all fan fiction at the fan fiction at the moment, I'm not I'm not here just to go off about this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, this is excellent. You were the best Marvel fan fiction writer. Yeah, tell me what is your Marvel fan fiction about?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 14: I got some ship right where it's like, oh my bad?
Speaker 2: Do you say what? Everyone?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 14: So I got some shit like.
Speaker 5: I write for Loki type ship, Like I write stories for Loki because Loki is kind of a in a weird space right now.
Speaker 14: I don't want to geek out over this shit, right.
Speaker 2: You live your truth.
Speaker 5: Loki is in such a weird spot right now as a like Marvel villain, yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 14: Like he's not even a.
Speaker 4: Villain no more.
Speaker 5: He like came back reborn as like a child since like twenty thirteen, and he's been on some shiit like he's been a young avenger, you know what I mean? And uh it kind of he kind of lost his soul as a villain because he's like one of the big Marvel villains villain.
Speaker 14: Because he's not a villain no more.
Speaker 1: Oh is he like Cannon? He's kind of he's I don't know much. I don't I'm not a big Marvel guy. But like, is Loki like an anti hero a bit?
Speaker 14: He's a full superhero now?
Speaker 2: Oh he is?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's not even doing like a Shadow of the Hedgehog thing where he's like he's a superhero, but he says.
Speaker 14: Fuck no, he's a full on superhero now, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like and you missed when he was a dick, No, I miss more like if let's say, I don't want to give away too much, damn to give way too much?
Speaker 2: If you're Fana if not even yeah, but.
Speaker 14: Not just that, but like more like.
Speaker 5: If he's the first in the first Avengers comic book, right, he's the first villain they fight off fight against, right, and in the in the in the thor books, he's like built up to be like his arch nemesis, right, So like in twenty around twenty twelve, I don't know the story twenty twelve, twenty eleven, right, he dies as a villain comes back reborn as a kid, and he's on the Young Avengers and he's been a Young Avenger ever since, just growing up on there. I really don't want to ramble about this shit for too long, but I really like, I am passionate about this shit.
Speaker 14: I just don't want to ramble about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, well let me ask you this, right, because I do want to talk to you about something.
Speaker 2: Well, well, okay, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I still want to I'm still about to a Marvel because all right, let me ask you this from like an intrinsic level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it that connects you so deeply with Marvel?
Speaker 1: Because you see, you seem like a huge, huge, huge fan a big part of your life. Do you care about these characters as if they were people that you knew in your life?
Speaker 2: Like what what is that?
Speaker 5: One would be my cousin cousins, but two would be like the X Men. The x Men really resonated with the X Men growing up in the Hulk, of course, and stan Lee and stan Lee as well, because Stanley has always been uh an inspiration, like a little life inspiration.
Speaker 1: Act the X Men that that you saw, like did you see yourself and the X Men. What were the conflicts and the characters and the storylines where you were like, oh, I can relate.
Speaker 5: To this nothing. I just really thought Gambit en Rogue was cool. I thought Gambit was cool and Rogue was hot.
Speaker 1: I'm trying, you know, I'm trying to put some kind of philosophical whatever thing into it. It's like I just thought you were hot and cool. Yeah, which is just with a more normal answer.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was a six year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, I guess I didn't see myself in SpongeBob We Live. Me at six years old, Me at six years old and SpongeBob we didn't really have a lot in common, but I didn't.
Speaker 4: I liked it.
Speaker 2: He was cool.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you write a lot of fan fiction.
Speaker 14: Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 14: I want to, I say, I write a lot of fan fiction.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of ideas from Marvel that like I'm I'm the guy I'm gonna tell you, like literally, here's what I've always been that like since high school, like genuinely.
Speaker 1: My philosophy on fan fiction. Here's the thing is that listen, how old how old is Spider Man?
Speaker 2: Like he's like eighty, right, by.
Speaker 14: Now seventy something, I think he's seventy six now.
Speaker 1: And Spider Man, and like Marvel was never really Marvel's. I mean, they're stan Lee, sure, but Marvel's not really in our tour project, you know.
Speaker 2: And what an our tour project like?
Speaker 1: It's not like what it's like, not like one person is driving what Spider Man is, right, spider Man. At this point, so many different people have written for Spider like Lily, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people have written these Marvel stories for Spider Man and for the Hulk and for whatever, and so already these these characters have gone beyond ownership of one person and just into the public domain.
Speaker 9: I mean, not financially, I'm not gonna make any money off of your Spider Man fan fiction, because even if you could, the legal protections of America which would strike you down to doing that.
Speaker 1: But philosophically, we all own Spider Man, you know, not in like again, not in a financial sense, but phil we all owned spider So like, if you were to write a really good Spider Man comic, it would be legally speaking, fan fiction. What's the difference between that and whoever the fuck wrote the real thing, I guess besides the fact that they can make money of it.
Speaker 14: To a degree. You're absolutely right to a degree.
Speaker 5: But what it does is like when it's under the label, it kind of makes a cannon.
Speaker 2: But what is canon? Canon? Yeah, but stan Lee is fucking deadad.
Speaker 5: So we got decades of fans that like, have invested so much time in Cities comics, no matter how inconsistent they are, but there it's it's in a place where it's just.
Speaker 1: It's not it makes sorry. I'm on, I'm on, I'm speaking of it. I guess, like sometimes sometimes I get on this, Like sometimes I get on this like reality is a democracy train and then I'm like, but you gotta vote. You know, reality is a democracy, but you gotta vote, and in your vote, spider Man can be.
Speaker 2: You know, whatever you want. Yeah, you get a vote about Spider Man.
Speaker 14: But I don't want to write Spider Man.
Speaker 5: I'm yeah, like you're gonna.
Speaker 14: I love Marvel.
Speaker 5: I love Marvel in general, right, but like, I don't think I want to write Spider Man in specific.
Speaker 14: I do not own any merch. I kind of I kind of have nothing.
Speaker 1: I have Oh shirts, okay, I got shirt, you got a looky shirt.
Speaker 5: No, I gotta I got a Loki picture as a cat. I got a cat Loki picture.
Speaker 2: As a shirt.
Speaker 14: No, it's a picture in my house.
Speaker 2: What have you been to? Like, what's the theme park situation?
Speaker 14: I've never been to comic con either.
Speaker 5: I've been to comic Con once, like on a Sunday when I was a kid, Like once. I've always I've always wanted to go to comic Con.
Speaker 2: Are you born and raised in New York, Man, Yes? And so you ever go to like, yeah, New York Comic Con?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: No, once on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, how was it whack?
Speaker 5: Because it was a Sunday Comic.
Speaker 14: Con on Sundays and New York has always been.
Speaker 5: For decades. They don't they stop doing all the things, all the all the.
Speaker 1: Announcement people walking around with the in the costume.
Speaker 5: I mean, you could buy stuff and see cause players and take pictures with cosplayers, and that's fun itself.
Speaker 14: But I wanted to see the other stuff.
Speaker 5: What's the other stuff, like the announcements, the movie announcements, the the the the game announcements, the comic book announcements. Questioning the panel, I want to talk to the panel all, I've never done any of that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, well, okay, what are you looking forward to in the Marvel universe?
Speaker 2: What should we be looking out for?
Speaker 14: I don't know right now.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately with me, I've always felt like they needed a hard reboot since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 14: I don't think it was John Hickman's fault like.
Speaker 5: That, that that Secret Wars was a soft reboot, and I don't think that's a secret anymore.
Speaker 14: It used to be my little secret. It's not a secret.
Speaker 5: I think like marveled needs a hard reboot, and I felt like I've always felt like I was I was the guy to do it, which is why I've made my own Marvel universe and all my uh, you have your own cannon genuinely, yes, that that part is true.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you have your own canon, and and is it just you mainly, right, Loki or the other guy?
Speaker 4: I write?
Speaker 14: Everybody?
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: The only only changes I even't made to Spider Man was the kid in the marriage. But that's already a thing. It's not cannon, but it's already a thing, like yeah, Spiderling and Spider and Spinneret, who was Mary Jane as Spider Man?
Speaker 1: I feel like I've told the story for when I was in high school. Yeah, I had a bet with my friend and because I had discovered this Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know this because you're a big Marvel guy.
Speaker 1: There's a Spider Man comic where Spider Man kills Mary Jane with his radioactive seamen.
Speaker 2: Not it's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's a thing, a thing I don't know, and he doesn't like it's not like they have sex once and like he shoots come so fast that it like shoots through like a bullet or anything.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 1: What happens is she develops cancer as a result of like this is this is she develops cancer as a result of taking too many cream pies from Spider Man. And so I had a bet with my friend that this comic existed. Yes, Spider Man killed Mary Jane with his coms. Like that's not true.
Speaker 14: There's that happens.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, like okay, I have more questions for you. But the And my friend was like, and I showed him the comic and my friend was like, she dies of cancer, not of come yeah, And I was like, fuck you, you only ten dollars.
Speaker 2: This is he killed her with the he definitely.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, the cancer killed her, not to come and I was like, fuck you, that's a technicality.
Speaker 2: It's like this day, he still thinks.
Speaker 14: He was like the microwave of the cancer, which came first.
Speaker 2: That's literally what he said.
Speaker 1: It's like saying like someone died of a microwave when they died of cancer. Yeah, And I'm like, anyway, wait, what's the sick Okay, you said the sick of stuff. What's the sickest thing that we might not know about that's hiding within the Marvel universe?
Speaker 5: So something that that genuinely happened, right, Norman Osborne the guy that kills Mary Jane by dropping her off a fucking building, Oh not not to say like that, by dropping her off for how else is there to say?
Speaker 14: By dropping her off a bridge?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: When after he kills her years later, right, he clones her?
Speaker 2: Whoa clones her?
Speaker 5: And then he has sex with the clone really and then they have kids. So now Harry Osbourne has a a Mary a clone baby sister, a clone baby sister between gwyn Stacy Norman?
Speaker 1: What what comic weird?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: What comic is that?
Speaker 5: It's oh like two thousand and five, two thousand and six. I think around two thousand and four. Maybe, I don't know. I haven't read that either. I just know that that happened.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny that, like if you go, if you like on the shallow side of Marble, it's like, oh, Green Goblin robbed a bank, but Spider Man saved him. Yeah, the at the deepest part of the iceberg, it's like the Green Goblin clone Spider Man's girlfriends and a child with.
Speaker 14: Her, and then the impregnated the clone.
Speaker 2: What's your life like outside of Marble man?
Speaker 4: Who are you?
Speaker 5: I'm just a cartoonist guy.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: I've been unemployed for a while, just trying to get some work. I want my video games really really badly, and to move out my mom's crib.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 14: And I make my own comic books, I make my own music.
Speaker 1: What video games have you? We just talked a lot about video games. I'll talk about him again.
Speaker 5: All all those Marvel games that's come up very recent. I'm a fighting game guy, but also Marble.
Speaker 2: Like Injustice, you're a Justice guy.
Speaker 5: Or I don't like Injustice or Teching. I don't play in Justice or Teching anymore.
Speaker 2: You hate d C.
Speaker 8: Right, I don't hate d C.
Speaker 2: You don't hate d C.
Speaker 14: I don't hate d C.
Speaker 2: I feel like you don't hate d C.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm like, I'm like a cult member when it comes to Marvel, and I'm a fan when it comes to d C.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought you're a cult Marvel when it comes to Marvel, and like DC's the rival cults.
Speaker 14: Nah, I'm I don't. I don't have a beef of DC.
Speaker 1: Mean, so wait, what are the Marvel video games out? Lego Marble?
Speaker 2: The Lego Marble games are sick.
Speaker 5: I don't play Lego marbl either. I believe the Lego Marvel games is fun, though I used to. I used to play Lego games when I was a kid. I used to own Lego Star Wars or the PlayStation two.
Speaker 7: What job?
Speaker 1: What job did you have before you runemployed? Or were you in school?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 14: Not much, not not much. I don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 5: I just want to I just want to be employed, dog.
Speaker 2: What's your I wonder I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this podcast can help you find a job somehow likely.
Speaker 5: I'm not looking for anything in particular. I'm twenty eight. I just I do want to make my comic books. I got my comic books. Uh, but I need my money beforehand so I could illustrate more. Yeah, obviously, and play my video games more and live a happier life instead of uh, the ship people try to well project on me all fucking day.
Speaker 14: For the past five years.
Speaker 2: People are projecting projecting ship on you.
Speaker 14: I don't want to talk about it right now, but yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: Is there is there definitely definitely good place.
Speaker 3: To do that, right.
Speaker 1: We don't have to talk about that. I'm perfectly happy to have talked about Marvel and it's good.
Speaker 8: It's nice.
Speaker 1: I feel like to This podcast has been a nice We've talked about a lot of just episode freshing, episode, your name again, Rock?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rock Rock.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you gonna say to the people before we get out of here?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Follow me at Ace Rock Sola. I'm gonna I want to drop a song. I want to drop more music, I think, uh, and those comic books are definitely on the way. If more music ain't after that first couple songs, you.
Speaker 1: Want to talk, Oh, come on, I have a see it, sir. It'll be fun. He doesn't want to hit I want to do it. You can eat the ice cream on one at the same time. I want you can bring the you can bring the ice cream, all right, Rock. Very nice to meet you. Man, nice to meet you too. I uh, I'll see you in the universe. Dude, good luck with that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Did you plug yourself just now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Good good? Sorry?
Speaker 1: I was my brain can't focus on two things at once. I was trying to get that guy to talk. But give me give me a plug again because I want to follow you.
Speaker 14: Uh oh, ship, I got sweat my h.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happens?
Speaker 5: Ace Rock Solo on Instagram Ace Rock Solo Yeah and coming soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, sick, thank you. Nice to meet your rock. I'll see around universe.
Speaker 14: Man, Sun, see you around the universe as well. Man, fuck with geckles, Thank you, I fuck with rocks.
Speaker 2: Where's that guy with the ice cream? Do you leave? What was he gone? I'm doing good? What's your name? Jayden? Nice to meet Jayden? What's up, Jane? What's the Jaden? What's the meaning of life?
Speaker 8: What's the meaning of life?
Speaker 10: Yeah, to live it.
Speaker 8: At the end of the day, you may not find your purpose. You may not have a purpose for real but at the end of the day, just live your life how you wanted to live it. If you want to be a bum the whole time, that's fun. If you wanted to like go do some something big, that's fun. You may leave a mark on the world, you may not. It doesn't matter. The war is gonna turn regardless of if you let the mark or not.
Speaker 1: Where How do you feel do you feel like being a bomber? Do you feel like doing stuff?
Speaker 8: I used to be a bum. I'm not gonna lot, but now I feel like doing things.
Speaker 2: What How did you change from bumming to doing things?
Speaker 8: I had to stop being depressed depressed?
Speaker 2: How did you stop being depressed?
Speaker 8: To be honest, I kind of have like a secret superpower. It's called being bipolar. So I smoked some wheed and I got manic and my depression went away. And since then I've just been on my ship.
Speaker 1: Wait, so smoking weird has gotten you on your ship?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it had me manic. When I smoke weed, I get more energy, I don't get I don't get d energized.
Speaker 2: That's so weird.
Speaker 1: Man. I've fully, I fully, full fully accepted that I think weed makes me depressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, it's opposite for me really, But you don't crash. No, you don't crash like in terms of my energy levels. Yeah, no, I.
Speaker 1: Thought it Isn't that one of like the hallmarks of mania is the crash.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, but I'm not manic right now. I'm saying it does make me more manic. But like, I know how to like control myself now. But the first time I went madic, I didn't know what I was doing for I thought I was superman. I thought I was at a billion I thought I was I don't know who I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Are you are you high right now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? Are you gonna get high after this?
Speaker 8: If someone has weed, I might smoke it, I might not. I don't know. I work at a dispensary, so oh you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool. What's it like working at a dispensary, to.
Speaker 8: Be honest, I haven't started yet. I have my My first day is probably gonna be sometime next week. I have an interview on Wednesday.
Speaker 10: It was pretty fire.
Speaker 8: I think it went well. And yeah, she says, you'll call me on Monday.
Speaker 2: Are you excited?
Speaker 8: Really exciting? I haven't worked. I haven't worked. I was in the military for three years, right in the Air Force. That's how I discovered that I was bi polar. You were in the military for it for how long years? Three years? Wow, that's how I just covered out by polar.
Speaker 2: How did you discover you were by polar?
Speaker 8: I had a manic episode and I was just going crazy, and then it got to a point I'm just like, I gotta I gotta go to mental health because I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I can't I'm not controlling my actions. I don't like who I am right now. So I went and I told me I'm having a mental breakdown this and that, and like, I was still manic though, so I didn't take it seriously. But eventually, if reality finally sat in, the depression set in after that. I was probably manned for like six months and then I was depressed for like nine months after that. So yeah, reality kind of set in for that. I learned my lessons and yeah, I'm not sure if I answered your question.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I answer your question, but I think I don't need to answer any questions.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: What was it like being in the Air Force. We just had a guy on last episode, who was over.
Speaker 2: The Air Force?
Speaker 8: Was really fun. I was in Alaska a joint joint based almador Forridgerson.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: There was air shows. The summer is really good. The winter kind of suck because it's so much like dark. But in terms of the actual Air Force, I liked it. The people were cool. My job was pretty chill. I fixed the radars and so it wasn't bad. And yeah, I can't complain honestly.
Speaker 2: Do you do you miss the Air Force?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: I'm so glad to be my own person and have my own like schedule.
Speaker 1: So the person who came on last episode, we're talking about how like they're like being in the Air Force like made their like all their like mental health issues like worse.
Speaker 8: Yeah I believe that, do you Yeah? Do you feel that it was their job?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 8: Because they were like a mechanic over with. If I was a mechanic, I would have straight up no. Lie, they work eighty They were like eighty plus hour weeks and they'll get no breaks.
Speaker 1: I know they're getting into HVAC, but that's not helpful at all. Nah. Is there a type of job that people who normally go into HVAC who were previously in the Air Force.
Speaker 8: Due Yeah, he was probably if he was doing HVAC, he was probably. Uh, he's probably HVAC in the Air Force.
Speaker 2: Okay say that. I don't think he was, but let's say that that's what he was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, uh, is your mental health better after leaving the Air Force?
Speaker 8: Way better? Yeah, I'm not in Alaska where there's no sunlight for six months straight.
Speaker 1: Everyone I talked to you about Alaska says it drives them. It drives you crazy. You need to take vitamin D pills. So like, because you don't get enough sun you need to like be outdoorsy.
Speaker 8: Like if you don't like hiking and ship, good luck, because there's nothing else to do.
Speaker 1: So what's your What's what's like next for you?
Speaker 8: Was next to me get into the content creation? So I spent today getting content and it's kind of crazy. I saw you. I'm like, wow, it's actually a great content day. Like I'm at I'm gonna try to interview with you, and then yeah, so now I'm doing it with you and oh wait.
Speaker 1: You're also recording this for you for your content?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, I'm gonna sell your page. Yeah, okay, yeah we can, and I'm whatever you posting your story, I'm gonna repost it and.
Speaker 3: Go for it.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 8: See this is honestly the first time that I've really going out and been like, yo, I'm gonna go get my own content.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: So we're so right now we're we're You're on my show, but I'm also on your show because you're gonna take and you're gonna repost it on your thing. So I'm on your show right now, all right, So you know, let's do this for this segment. I'm gonna I'm gonna let this be your show.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Bet, I have questions for you, all right, Yeah, have some questions right, all right, now I'm on your show.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 8: Cool, we grab them real quick notes.
Speaker 2: So you're just gonna go.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, you totally can't do this, don't give So you'll you'll go on my YouTube and you just rip it and then you'll put it on this clip on.
Speaker 8: Your exactly your great. Yeah all right. My YouTube by the way is j x y d x N dot sixteen. All right, So first question is, Lyle, what are you willing to sell your soul for?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Am I willing or nothing is worth it?
Speaker 1: I'm plenty of things are willing to sell myself.
Speaker 8: I think I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you get through life without selling your soul at least a little true. Maybe I don't know, maybe that maybe that's just a projection. I mean, have you ever sold your soul?
Speaker 2: You feel?
Speaker 8: Since we're talking a metaphorical sense, no, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I mean to generate.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, if you do anything that generates income, which most people do to create, to live, to live, you probably sell your soul in some way, shape or.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you're doing something you don't have to do right something.
Speaker 1: Even if you're doing something that you like to do, maybe the way in which the thing you like to do makes money is a version of a soul, of a soul selling true. All right, now, what a great what This would be a great place for me to put an ad break.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, nice question. If you ruled the world like you were king of the world, right, what's the first thing you do to discipline people? And then what would you do to reward them?
Speaker 1: If I were the king of the world, Yes, I would never ever ever want to do that, but of course it was like gun to your head. You must be the ruler of the world. You must discipline the people. How would I discipline them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like, what's one thing you would do? Like, what's one law you open out?
Speaker 2: I'd whip them.
Speaker 8: Huh, I'd whip them. You whip them? No, I don't know everyone in line for right now?
Speaker 2: How would I discipline the people?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 8: Like, all right, for example, one person said, no porn allowed at all. That's what you know? What with this?
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you? Yeah, all right, so I have to discipline the people.
Speaker 8: It's just one it's just one lawyer to put out that discipline them?
Speaker 2: Can I be corrupt and like I don't have to follow it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 10: Who kids a fu?
Speaker 2: Alright? Then?
Speaker 1: Oh, no more sweethearts ropes ropes for anyone?
Speaker 8: Sweet they eat sweetheart ropes? Le's u punishment.
Speaker 1: No more sweethearts ropes for anyone. And if you eat.
Speaker 2: Sweetheart ropes, then you have to give me five dollars.
Speaker 8: So you're a bit nicer than the other guy. The other guy said that if they watch porn to get the guillotine, to get a hedgehopp.
Speaker 1: That's that's definitely said like a full like a head guilt getting your head chopped off. Really, yes, I mean at least like I feel, you know, if his name was by the way, his name was Raphael, Yes it was.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's spooky.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be if I have to be the king of something.
Speaker 8: Let's be a bit nicer. So, Hi, reward people, what's the what's the award given out?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't give everyone a million dollars because then, yeah, I'll give everyone can have sweethearts ropes, so.
Speaker 8: To give you five ship all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 8: It all comes.
Speaker 1: Backward everyone with the sweetheart ropes. So that way, if they eat them, I get five dollars. So the reward is also a reward for me. I feel like everyone wins in this situation.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 8: This question has been more controversial. Is religion holding mankind back?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think this way. I don't think religion is what's holding mankind back.
Speaker 8: Okay, you think we have other problems, that there's so.
Speaker 2: Many more things that are holding mankind back than really.
Speaker 14: Our goal.
Speaker 2: You think religions holding mankind back?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: Why, I think we're just too divided in our religions because at the end of the day, people like some people accept that, Okay, we're all worshiping the same gods's different ways. Yeah, it's just like if we all worship the same God in different ways, can we just like we don't have to agree on one way to do it, but can we just be like, can we just not judge other ways that people do it?
Speaker 1: Like it's it's religion. What's holding people? I feel like it's like politics are dividing people.
Speaker 8: Politicians politics can be used in religion though, like as that's what that's what Trump does. He'd be like, Yo, I'm a Christian this or that, and that's how you get someone his side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, that makes sense.
Speaker 8: Religion has always been what drives the people. The church and the state used to be like different things, or they used to be the same. It used to be the same.
Speaker 2: Say yeah, right right, that makes sense. That makes sense.
Speaker 8: So we're being honest.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's I don't know if anything is holding mankind back. I think mankind is unfolding as it was always going to.
Speaker 8: Fair enough, would you rather be in a zombie apocalypse or a plan of the apes?
Speaker 3: Takeover? Well?
Speaker 2: Take over? Okay, I'm gonna tell me if this is correct.
Speaker 1: When I think of a planet of the apes takeover, the apes have usurped the humans as they're on their way to doing it as the as the rulers.
Speaker 2: Right, so we're so so I still exist.
Speaker 8: I still lie.
Speaker 1: But I am a I am second class in the way that the dog is am. I. Well, okay, but like, okay, let me ask you this. How do the apes treat the humans? Are we domesticated? Are we subservient?
Speaker 7: How?
Speaker 8: In the in the movie?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I understand that.
Speaker 8: They treat humans like ship. I'm pretty sure they do. They cheated like ship, or they get rid of the humans. I think they get rid of the humans. Actually, I think I get I'll.
Speaker 2: Take my chance. I'll take my chances in the zombie bocalypse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the apes really rip your face off in like half a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sounds horrible. Yeah, well, you got any more questions?
Speaker 8: Let's let me do one more and I'm gonna get about it. Is there a fifth next? Is there a fifth dimensioned?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 8: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably, I'm too stupid to know what it is?
Speaker 1: Again, Jayden, nice to be okay, rock and roll man, I'll see you around the universe of course later, Jayden, what's what's your show again?
Speaker 8: My show is j x Y d x N dot sixteen. You can find the all platforms.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Sick. There's a lot of letters, but we'll piece it together.
Speaker 15: It is just Jayden and exos instead of vowels. Okay, Sick, you should get it. You should do like, how about just the Jayden show. That's easier, fair enough? Okay, Well, it's just thing.
Speaker 8: My podcast is called on the Walk. Okay, all right, And then the segment I have is that's what I was the second right there. Either you ask the question or you'd be asked a question.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well this is all going on there. Sweet see you, jaydon see around the universe? Do you want to talk to a gecko about life? Have a seat? Have a seat. What's your name, sir? I'm Lou, Lou.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Lou?
Speaker 3: From right here?
Speaker 2: Rock and roll?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Where?
Speaker 2: How long you been in New York?
Speaker 4: For?
Speaker 12: Well, uh, but most of my life right over there that corner?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you for your most of your life, you've been right over there in that corn.
Speaker 3: Right over in that corner of the park.
Speaker 1: And uh, how how has the park changed over your life?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 12: Well, you know, it went from totally fucking batshit bohemian, uh to super like safe and now batshit bohemian again.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean I genuinely because I love I love this place, man, really like I love this fucking park, and I'm very curious about like, so when did it become safe and then when did it become bohemian again?
Speaker 12: Well, they close sections off of it, uh, to remodel everything and redo everything, and and it was safe after that for a while, and they were cracking down on people riding bikes and all that and smoking pot or selling pot. And then just recently, you know, there was like a stabbing over here, and and now since the whole legalization of weed, it's, uh, it's just turned into like a just like a bohemian free for all, which I think is good, except for the stabbings and uh, you know the uh, the needlework going on over here. And by needlework, I don't mean crocheting.
Speaker 1: Or anything, I mean stabbing, I mean needlework, you know.
Speaker 12: So that's why you see the cops over here on this corner, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but you know New York City. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 12: You know, you stamp it out in one corner, it's gonna come up back on the other.
Speaker 3: Corner, you know.
Speaker 1: Interesting. So, like since the legalization of pot, you feel like this place has gotten more bohemian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more free for all, more bohemian. But also at the same time, you know, I don't.
Speaker 12: Feel like it's like as dangerous as it was before when it was like illegal.
Speaker 1: So what's your what's your role in all this?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What do you where do you where? Do you fit into the park?
Speaker 3: Do you feel I fit into the park?
Speaker 12: And then I just love to come here and and uh just take in you know, the diversity, the you know, the city life.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're not gonna.
Speaker 12: Get this in any you know, in on the continent, as I like to call it, over on the other side of the Jersey of that river over there.
Speaker 3: You know, it's you know, everything is here.
Speaker 12: This is kind of like the crossroads of the world really, you know, man, you know, even more so than than than then Times Square, you know, I mean it's the Times Square of the village, you know.
Speaker 3: And and if.
Speaker 12: If if New York is the the center of the world, then the village is the heart of it, you know, and we're at the heart of it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: And and yeah, Times Square, Yeah that's the crossroads of the world. But you know that's that's like the pizza Hut McDonald's cross roads of the world.
Speaker 3: This is where it's at.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: It is like interesting to hear that they were once like cracking down on stuff, because it seems to me like, I mean, nobody in this park has a permit to be doing anything that they're doing.
Speaker 3: Right, No, And I do this.
Speaker 1: I do this all over the place, and and I get kicked out everywhere all all the time. I have to be on alert. Well you know, I've never got I never get kicked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're green, stand out, you know. And yeah and uh yeah.
Speaker 12: You stand out and but yeah, but but you know, but this was like this is the center. This is the heart of the of the counter culture in you know, in this country, in the city, in the world.
Speaker 3: This part is where it all happened.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 12: This is where where everybody like rebelled against the establishment. You know, there is where people like actually they say they burnt their bras here, but I don't think anybody burnt their bras, they just threw them out, you know. And this is where gay life UH took center stage in in in in demanding independent thens, demanding freedom, demanding to be to just be, you know, and not just gay life, not just women's rights, but like we got people even now. You know, there's a center of like Palestinian rights.
Speaker 3: Of you know, and also Israeli rights.
Speaker 2: You know, always a protest.
Speaker 12: This is where it comes. It will start at Union Square and come here. It will start here, go to Union Square.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: The two epicenters of the two nexus of like of UH, of of just protests and of demanding rights are are here in Washington Square Park, Union Square.
Speaker 3: I feel privileged to to like to be here. I feel privileged to UH to witness what goes on here. I feel privileged to just live here.
Speaker 12: And I I know the cultural significance of this this.
Speaker 3: Location, yea, and I appreciate it, you know.
Speaker 12: And what sometimes I don't like it, but you know what, there's other people that don't like what I you know, you know, what goes on here, it's like it's always but this is the nexus of it all, you know, and from here it radiates out into the entire country.
Speaker 1: Mmm, I I you know, I like that, man, because I feel very like privileged and lucky to like get to do this here, Like I really, you know, I've gotten to do like these these streaming reviews and stuff like all over the place. But I just this, like I don't know, man, this park is like it's nothing like it anytime anytime I'm like feeling dude, anytime I'm feeling like depressed or I'm like, oh my life is over or whatever, because you know what, it's so beautiful about this party.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel so good.
Speaker 1: Is like every time I come here, I'm like, first of all, I see all different people of all different ages and all different but like exactly Kevin doing different things, and it's like.
Speaker 12: And just coming through or staying for a while or like you know, but this is it.
Speaker 1: It always makes me feel like alive again.
Speaker 12: You know, you're not going to find another place like this in this country. Maybe in Berlin, you know there's places like this in Berlin, but in this country, no, you know, this is it.
Speaker 1: I'm genuinely like curious, and I'm curious what you think about, Like, how is this vibe so well maintained. How is it that there are so many different people like how how it's like it's almost like this the the census is just naturally here a huge.
Speaker 12: Respect, you know what I mean, and everybody uh uh you appreciates the diversity of this place, you know. And and this is the really what this country is is all about, totally is about this place right here. It's about everybody coming to other no matter what, you know, if you smoke pot, if you don't smoke pot, if you you know, there's artists here, there's intellectuals here.
Speaker 3: We're right here at the center of one of.
Speaker 12: The uh the premiere intellectual you know, uh establishments of this country.
Speaker 3: And yu, yeah, you know, so you have all of that.
Speaker 12: You have the bohemians, you have the artists, you have the people shooting drugs over in that corner over there, you know, and well, you know, they're trying to get a hold of that, and I think they got they you know, I think the NYPD is doing a fairly decent job about it right now. I mean, there hasn't been major incidents but lately, and and I think everyone comes here knowing that they're going to find everything here.
Speaker 3: Even if it doesn't jibe with there what their global view is.
Speaker 12: Everyone comes here with that Okay, we come here with that mutual respect, okay, and and so, But unfortunately once they leave here, the mutual respect kind of goes out the window. But once you're here in Washington Square Park, you know, it's it's kind of like a neutral.
Speaker 3: Zone, you know, a neutral zone.
Speaker 12: For for for all the als of our society, of our world, you know, and and and everyone comes here to gawk at the other side of their worldview and and just be in all of it, or be in like or or or just be surprised at it or whatever.
Speaker 3: But like, you know what, you're in neutral territory here.
Speaker 12: You know, you're you're like, it's it's kind of like it's the United Nations here, you know, without the without the stuffiness of diplomacy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's the United Nations here without the stuffiness of the diplomacy and the bureaucracy.
Speaker 12: And the bureaucracy exactly and uh and the and uh what what's the word I'm looking for? The the pompous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's so interesting.
Speaker 1: I just you know, I'm just again like I'm in so awe of every time I come here, like there's such a vibe that's always so just.
Speaker 2: Naturally present and naturally curated.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, people know, people come here knowing that they're gonna come and see pretty much every other slice of humanity here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so can I ask you? I'm what do you?
Speaker 7: What do you?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Do you make art of some kinder.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I dabble in arts of various kinds, yoga instructor. I'm an academic, I'm a bohemian.
Speaker 3: I I am a partier.
Speaker 12: I'm I'm everything that this place you know, encapsulates.
Speaker 2: Bro, tell me, tell me, tell me everything. Where do you?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you teach?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 12: I taught yoga for many years, but before yoga and before pilates and before aqua aerobics and before like you know, uh, body awareness and emotional awareness, I taught geography at a local college here. And so I'm a teacher, you know, at heart, because of I because I had great teachers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, every teacher.
Speaker 12: That I've had from kindergarten to uh graduate school, I've admired and uh and I wanted to just fill that role and and wanted to be that. You know, I wanted to be what those people were for me. I wanted to be that for other people. I wanted to enlighten people. I wanted to wake people up. I wanted to just like, yeah, make them more aware of their environment, more aware of themselves. And so I did that in academia, and then I did that through yoga and through physical fitness, and uh, yeah, that's you know what I've been doing. I haven't been doing any of that lately because I'm taking care of my mother. You know, I've been taking care of my mother and that's another role that I've had to just kind of fall into and I've had to love and.
Speaker 3: Had to be thankful for that. It's made me a better person. Yeah, and.
Speaker 12: You know, yeah, next question.
Speaker 2: Does your mom live here?
Speaker 3: No, she's out of state.
Speaker 1: Okay, so have you've been spending a lot of time out of state?
Speaker 3: In and out, you know, back and forth.
Speaker 12: She's better now though, so I don't hear that. Yeah, but yeah, you know, I went to UH.
Speaker 3: You know, four years ago.
Speaker 12: I went back to UH to where she is at to say goodbye because she was done, you know, two weeks to live. And then I went back, and all of a sudden, she started coming back to life.
Speaker 3: Her kidneys came back, her liver came back, you know.
Speaker 12: But I still had to like take care of her, you know, changing diapers, you know, feeding, literally carrying her to the toilet, carrying her back, changing the diapers, changing the bed. And then little by little, like her, her kidneys came back, her liver came back, and now she can.
Speaker 3: Do that on her own, you know.
Speaker 12: I mean, and I like to think that I had something to do with that. You know, her son went back to take care of her, and that gave her some more life, some more reason to live. And and it gave me more reason to live.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: It gave me a purpose, you know, and it gave me Yeah, it just gave me a validity as far as uh.
Speaker 3: You know, like as a human being.
Speaker 12: You know, I know what it's like to take care of a human being in distress and at that point where they're about to perish, and to see them come back like that, yeah, you know, it just it just.
Speaker 3: Goes to show that compassion is healing, you know.
Speaker 12: And and if you wipe someone's ass, you know, there's a higher power or there's a power within them. There's whatever you know, they see that you know, if that you know, it's yeah, it's hard to put in words, you know, it's hard.
Speaker 3: To put in words that you know what it does.
Speaker 12: To yourself when you can find yourself in the position to be able to wipe someone's ass, someone's diaper, you know, and then for them, the one that you're doing that for, it gives them, like, you know, like a sense like they're still human, you know what I mean, they're not forgotten, and that gives them like a validation.
Speaker 1: When you're taking care of someone, there's almost like a I assume you feel a sort of like.
Speaker 3: And it makes the connections.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you kind of get back in what you put. You get back what you put in.
Speaker 12: You know, I think I got back what I put in because my mother is no longer.
Speaker 3: At death's doorstep. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And do you have a Do you have siblings that were like helping you out at all?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have siblings. No, they were not helping.
Speaker 12: They helped financially, but but no, they never changed the diaper. They were not there twenty four seven, Like I was, you know what I mean, I was there twenty four to seven. I couldn't sleep because I was sleeping next her while she was suffering. And during the day, I couldn't sleep because people were there visiting. So you know, for like a year and a half, I did not get any sleep at all, you know. And and I'm glad I did it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: It wore me out, it aged me, but it aged me like a fine cheese, you know what I mean, age my spirit like a fine cheese.
Speaker 3: Now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 12: Like I am, my spirit is worth more now than it was when I went into that cave.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you feel day to day?
Speaker 3: I feel minute to minute. I can't do day to day. I have to do minute to minute, you know.
Speaker 12: And and I have to stay minute to minute, you know.
Speaker 3: The key to like.
Speaker 12: To sanity is to be in the moment and not in the past, not in the present, you know, not in the future, but in in the now, you know, And I have to.
Speaker 3: It's taught me to be more.
Speaker 12: More cognizant of that of of you know, am I being ruled by the past or the anxiety of the future, or am I not allowing myself to be in the joy of the present moment? You know, and right now, this is joy. We've got a beautiful day right now. You know, like, look at all these people, Look at all these artists, look at all these people.
Speaker 3: From all over the fucking world. You know, I'm so blessed.
Speaker 12: I'm so blessed to be here, you know, to be in the nexus the heart of New York, you know which is you know, the heart of New York is not Times Square, It's right here in the village.
Speaker 3: It's right where we're at right now.
Speaker 12: You know, the Times Square is like yeah, McDonald's and Sabarro's Pizza and whatever. You know, it's like that's just like marketing, that's capitalism. That's like, that's not what we want as a society.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to ask you when I was asking you about like kind of your life and you were kind of telling me these things you identify with you you mentioned that you were a bohemian. What does that mean to you to be a bohemian?
Speaker 12: So be a bohemian means that, you know, you don't subscribe to the societal demands of you know, what you need to acquire to be accepted, you know, like fuck your skis, fuck your cars, fuck.
Speaker 3: Like you know, you need to have this. You need to have that. You know, you need to be in the present moment. You need to be you need to cherish the people.
Speaker 12: Around you, you know, and you need to have people around you that cherish you. And that's what's important. It's not what. It's not what you have. You know, it's not where you live, it's not where you know, it's not material at all. You know, that's what you know. And and also you know it's about like seeing beyond borders, seen beyond nationalities.
Speaker 3: You know, nationalism is.
Speaker 12: Completely you know, totally detrimental to humanity. You know, we got to stop like us versus them mentality. Sure, you know, we have to just be all here, you know, just like we're all here at Washington Square Park. We're all here right now, and there's no one fighting here. There's no MK twenty, you know, there's no like machine guns going off here. But yet there's Muslims here, there's Jewish people here, there's Mexicans here. You know, everybody is right here, and look at this harmony that's going.
Speaker 3: On right now.
Speaker 12: You know, there's people that are like, you know, like smoking pop. There's people that are anti pop. But like everybody is enjoying this beautiful day. Everybody is enjoying each other. Everybody is enjoying gawking at each other, you know, without the you know, I don't know, maybe it's me without the judgment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe people are judging.
Speaker 12: But you know what, but but people are at least letting each other be here.
Speaker 2: Even the judgers are welcome.
Speaker 12: Even the judges are welcome, and they're amazed at how well a judgment. You know, how a society can can function so well here, you know, there there there seems to be no rules here.
Speaker 3: And look look at this place. There's no rules.
Speaker 8: Here, and yet anyone like dying here.
Speaker 12: No, everybody is enjoying themselves here. You know, there's not there's no one like suffering here. But there's people from.
Speaker 3: All over the world here. There's people from all all walks of life.
Speaker 12: There's like Republicans and Democrats, there's like but they all come here and they gawk at each other and they and and there's a mutual respect.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, are you still at where do you?
Speaker 2: Where do you teach yoga? And everything? You have to talk to yourself? You don't want to, but I don't.
Speaker 12: Want to know I don't want to say where, but you know, family obligations have kept me from committing to anyone.
Speaker 3: Josh. Also, I'm older than I look, so.
Speaker 12: You know, I retired basically.
Speaker 3: Sure, Sure, so you look older than I look.
Speaker 12: I'm younger than I look young younger than I look, younger than I look. So I'm not working, you know. And but but I'm still working. I'm still working in the community.
Speaker 3: Cool, I'm still working on myself. And that never ends, you know, so long as that never ends, you know.
Speaker 1: Just trying to accept that that never ends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really don't.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm only uh, I don't know. I I I'd like it to end at some point, but I know it's never gonna end. You're always gonna want things, and you're always gonna Dude, my dad I was. I was hanging out with my dad and he pulled out this like notes app list of all these projects he wants to do and all these things he wants to do. And I'm like, oh, crowd, it's gonna be me when I'm sixty six, you know, and he's I'm like, you know, it seems like it's just being ambitious for a whole lifetime. It seems like it seems exhausting sometimes, you know.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, part of part of like ending anxiety, ending, you know, angst and all that is knowing that it is gonna end, right, you know, that ultimate end of it all, you know, and yeah, it will end. But but we just have to be like where we're at right now, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot how we got to like it's not ever gonna end.
Speaker 12: Uh, yeah, we're just having a conversation.
Speaker 1: What's your name again? Man, Lou Lou Lou. Thanks for thanks for extending your city bike my this is on uh, it's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I do it as a podcast. I do it on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I can, I can.
Speaker 2: I can give you the info if you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, good, all right. Well, you know you drew me into a conversation.
Speaker 1: Thanks for thanks for letting me draw you into it. I really do, I really appreciate the perspective man, because yeah, it's cool to hear a little bit about like the evolution of the park, because I really I do love this fucking place.
Speaker 2: You know, it's cool to hear out evolved.
Speaker 12: Well, this park has had a lot of evolutions, you know. I mean, you know that you know Washington like March's troops up in here, and you know there was a.
Speaker 3: Like slave burial ground for a while.
Speaker 12: Some skeletons were found up here on on the east side, uh during construction.
Speaker 8: So you know, I also I do.
Speaker 1: I love the quote on the top of the arch, the the let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair.
Speaker 2: The event is in the hand of God.
Speaker 1: It's very like, it's very like, look, she's gonna go down. That's all in the hands of God. But like we'll be it's within our ability to at.
Speaker 2: Least repair it.
Speaker 3: And ship has gone down at this part, you know, but but it seems to always rise up.
Speaker 12: You know. Yeah, we're at the nexus of it all. Thank you so much, Thank you.
Speaker 1: So much for chatting with me. I appreciate it, man. I don't I don't think anything in this would come back to haunt you, Dear God. Alright, all right, take care of you. Nice to meet you. That was a great interview.
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was cool to get to talk to somebody who has uh been here for a while. And you know, he really did verbalize everything that I love about this place and what a great who do we all too?
Speaker 2: Do we all talk to?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 1: We talked to the Marvel man. We talked to the video game finance lady. Who is the first person we talked to? Why do I not remember a lot? We had a lot of interviews today.
Speaker 2: They're all good.
Speaker 1: We talked to the guy about uh not being a bum. We talked to the musician, Oh yes, the musician man? Wait, who else? Who's the very first person? Were you not here for that? You weren't here for that? Okay, Well, I don't know. I remember them all being good. If I remember anything about them all?
Speaker 2: Where do we look? This is this?
Speaker 1: The podcast is called Therapy Gecko and on YouTube it's Lyle Forever. I don't know why I made them different things. I gotta change that. How long has this been going for? Or Lyle Forever and Therapy Gecko and and folks, folks listening at home, thanks for listening. I'm a gecko. Well I'm crazy. I love doing that. We come to this park. If you ever come to New York City, come to watch the Square Park. It's a lovely place.
Speaker 2: I'll be here every week that I can, I'll be here.
Speaker 1: I'll be here talking to people on the phone, talking to people in real life. You know, sometimes I sit and you know, sometimes I crash out, I go crazy, But then other times I'm remembered that I actually I love life, I love people. Everything's fine. I'm gonna go drink. I'm gonna go drink the new Coke creamsicle. They have a Coke zero version of that. I'm gonna go get that. This is not an ad I were genuinely I'm gonna go get that. It's good, and they got a diet version of it. All right, I'm gonna stop talking. Thanks for listening to this podcast. Get Bliss