Speaker 1: Forever hate Sydney.
Speaker 2: I think I think we should start up top with you know, we had a really heated.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, somebody's knocking on my door. I'm sorry, Welcome to New York.
Speaker 3: This is an important and important way to make the audience feel like they're in a room.
Speaker 1: Sorry, so I'm back. What did I miss?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Hi guys, hello, hello, hello.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know we're rounding We're rounding out this this year with a with a bang. And I just wanted to say, up top, I hated everything about this year, but I'm so happy that we were still able to do this podcast.
Speaker 1: Wow. I thought you were going to say I hated everything about Marie this year, which would have been a lie. Which would have been a lie. Yeah. Friend. And it was interesting because we had a little period of time where we were like, really wanted a little podcast today, and it was like no, and then every day it was like no. But yeah, you know it's almost over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do still have two more episodes after this, and really two more episodes in the year after this. Yeah. I think maybe one of them actually comes out in year's day. It's either I think it's Christmas and Year's Day they come out. They're both on Fridays.
Speaker 1: Fridays. Yeah, all right, Well, Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to y'all because that Kwanza babies, that's your gift from the unofficial expert, and.
Speaker 2: That's all we have. That's all we have. But I wanted to get my expertise out the way, and it was going to be I say yes too much. I say yes too much, And a year that has canceled everything, I still managed to can say yes. What's wrong with me? I have to stop it. It's just it's getting out of hand, and then I'm seating myself up while I'm doing it or after the fact.
Speaker 1: Is there something specific that you want to get off your chest, friend, because we don't like vague here.
Speaker 2: We don't like vague.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I just think that sometimes people get friendship fucked up, Like, yes, we're friends, but we still are a business. And so when you ask me to do something and it requires my time, what is the money? Like I'm leaving my house for a pandemic? What is the deal? More than anything, you should be paying black queer people even more than what you were paying them for the Raggas twenty nineteen we had Okay, I'm not being specific, but I'm know that people feel the need to ask me and Marie to do things, And I'm like, how did you feel that this makes sense? Because in my bank account it doesn't make sense, and that's where the sense matters the.
Speaker 1: Most, the sense. Yes, if it don't make dollars, then it don't make sense. Thank you, Sydney for those bars this morning. So your expertise is, if we're going to wrap it up a nice little bowl, what would we say?
Speaker 2: It was playing myself? Oh, okay, playing myself because nobody can do anything to you that you don't allow. So if I say yes to something, I can't be mad. I did it and now I just have to know that that can't happen again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you know what, Sidney, the cool thing about saying yes to something is you can change your mind after you said yes. You know what My favorite word is no period. That's my favorite sentence. No period, not an explanation, because no is a complete sentence sometimes and I think that as women, a lot of times we feel like we have to be liked and we have to be like, you know, proper or whatever the hell. Women think that they have to do. But that's it's twenty twenty and that's not what it is at all anymore. So even after you say yes to something, you can say no now, and you can say no up until you've started doing the thing. You could be in the middle of doing the thing that you agreed to do and be like acctually no. So that's something to take into the new year.
Speaker 2: Friend, I think, yeah, we did something yesterday, and I after I see after I was seeing everything that was going down, and the time had already it was done, and they were trying to overextend it. And I was like, okay, I've had enough. We gotta go, we gotta go, we gotta go.
Speaker 1: We gotta go.
Speaker 2: You can't overextend right, and we gotta go. I have to leave whatever amount you thought you were gonna give us. I want you to time z it by five. How about that?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no. I did the math yesterday, and I did I did the math on the phone with sitting yesterday. And if you want me to do something with you, my rate is two hundred and fifty dollars an hour. That's where I'm starting.
Speaker 2: Oh like that?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you can multiply that by however many hours you think you need me, and then I'm still gonna ask you for more money. So that's where I'm at, and that's what it is. That's the rate for twenty twenty, So in twenty twenty one, it's gonna go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think asking a black woman for a favor right now is just problematic and you should reconsider if you should be doing us favors.
Speaker 1: If you want to take me on a date, you got to vendo me five hundred dollars and then you got to take me on the date. And I'm not bringing my bag to the date. So you know, I'm just I don't want to waste anybody's time because I don't want you to waste mine. Okay, I love that for us, Yes, yes, yes, yes I didn't. I didn't really prepare an expertise for this today because I thought, I think I'm an expert this week of like having very vivid dreams, like stuff that I think is happening, and then I wake up and my heart is beating and I'm like and I can't breathe, and so I, uh, I don't necessarily think that's an expertise per se. But I woke up and I had business on my mind, and I sent my landlord a very very very stern email today. And that's why she just knocked on the door right before this episode started, because she she pulled up.
Speaker 2: She said, let me go get in my Chevrolet.
Speaker 1: Come on over here, she said, let me jump in my uh my dollar vaion and show up to the house. But I think that when it comes to like tenant laws in New York State or New York City, it's most rent laws are on our side. So sis do the work or I'm calling three one one on you. So's that I'm not going back and forth. You don't have to come to my house. Just three one one Hi. I'd like to report this this and this. Her name is this, don't know what her last name is, but this is what I write all my checks. And you know, please send a unit or whatever three one one does. So from that right now, friend girl, today.
Speaker 2: I love you know. We have to just keep this energy going because.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, anyway, I'm very excited about this episode. Sydney and I did spend the day together yesterday, but here we are on the podcast. First thing in the morning again.
Speaker 2: It's wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, but in California's nine am. Yeah, we are on West Coast time.
Speaker 2: All around the world, babe, We're all around the world.
Speaker 1: Anyway, city. Do you want to introduce our guests for the episode today?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, we brought her back. It's been a long long time. She was our flirting experts on our live shows when we were able to do them.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She's a crowd favorite, and she's coming back to talk about confessions. Give it up for Mary Beth Barone. Yah.
Speaker 3: God, it feels good to be back, ladies. It feels so good. Last time we recorded this, you remember we were in I think Marie's apartment. You were really Yes were the days. I didn't even know you vote that well at that point, but I knew it was good vibes, good.
Speaker 1: Energy, and I opened my home to you.
Speaker 3: Let me into your home. You welcomed me with open arms, and it was we need magic that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one arm was open, but yes, they're both open. Now they're open.
Speaker 3: I've earned the second arm. It's great to be back. Al's I think you know your expertise for the week are both very inspiring. I think it's a lot about just like getting shit done, getting what's yours, not settling for less. I think we could all do more of.
Speaker 2: Keep going, girl, keep going.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you feel like you could do more or less of? Just, you know, just whatever it is.
Speaker 3: You know, I could probably watch less movies, but at this point it's kind of all I have to talk about with my friends. Call like, I'm watching movies so I can continue to be interesting at this point, and I'm watching shows, you know. You know. I watched Industry because Sydney came over and said, put the show on right now, and I said, all right, I listened to what I listened to what Sydney tells me.
Speaker 1: Did you like Industry?
Speaker 3: I have such an interesting feeling about it. It was definitely entertaining. I think it was a world that we don't really have a lot of access to. I think it was like well done. Do I think it was you know, euphoria but about the banks. Yeah, a lot of ketamine, that kind of I didn't realize so many people are out there doing cat.
Speaker 1: But apparently that's what the kids are doing these days.
Speaker 3: That's it's I am terrified of ketamine.
Speaker 1: The word is scary to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a horse tranquilizer.
Speaker 2: So but don't tell sometimes this cat tranquilizer.
Speaker 1: Geez, no, babe. They might use it to tranquilize a cat, but it's definitely for horses.
Speaker 3: That's a big cat. They use it to tranquilize lions.
Speaker 1: Maybe they use it to tranquilize jam.
Speaker 3: Not like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the way that Sydney rides hard for industry, you would think it was to twenty season, twenty seasons long, it's eight episodes. I'm like, I know you done, you going back to rewatch every night? The fuck? The show was not that good, is what I'm going to say about it. But I also didn't finish it, so maybe maybe that's just me two episodes in.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't interesting thing because I feel like they released three episodes and then they release the rest, so it was kind of like you're waiting each week for the new one, and then it's like, oh, well I have now I can watch five at a time, and so I watched it in like two days, which is concerning, but shut up, I enjoyed it. I think I appreciate Sydney's dedication to getting people to watch it because I think for me, when people post about things that they actually care about that they're not being paid to post about, it makes me feel a lot more compelled for some reason, you know what I mean, Like I find that that's that's what I find trouble with with like sponsored content, because it's so necessary and like we got to make that coin of course, but I sometimes I'm like, I wish I could just recommend things that I actually just.
Speaker 2: Like, well you can, honey, but also please add sponsorships. We we love it here, unofficial expert Mary Beth Barn We truly we would die to, you know, have a sponsor with HBO.
Speaker 1: Max.
Speaker 3: You know, I just think Hbo'm actually be paying you, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if they are paying her. Sidney has been working this year just like one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and fifty clicks on that story right.
Speaker 1: Now, mind you, Andrew. We used to roast people who had tiny dashes in their stories. I went on Sidney Stories yesterday and I almost unfriended her. I said, Wow, who is this?
Speaker 3: Who? Industry? Industry is tearing families apart?
Speaker 2: When I tell you the DMS are like cis put the phone down.
Speaker 1: Oh people are Oh people are saying that to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, no, the like fans, fans who are like fans, they're like loving it. People who are my friends are like Sydney. If you just had this much energy towards a show that you need to write.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean sometimes that's what you need, is a little bit of shade and a little bit of an edge towards you know, growing yourself. But Mary, I think it's okay to be watching stuff right now. What are the other alternatives to be outside in the.
Speaker 3: Cold, like, I guess reading, I don't know. People make it seem like the devil on your shoulder is watching movies and the angels reading books, and I just think, I mean, what's the difference. Really, some of the most fucked up movies I've ever seen are based on books I watched or I'm trying to get through all the really bad rom coms, and I put that in quotes of the of the nineties. So I watched Chasing Amy and this movie called Beautiful Girls on They're both on HBO Max. Basically, I mean, I know Sydney's plugging industry specifically, but almost every single day I bring up HBO Max at least once, Like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what is going on if I'm on subliminal message a sponsorship do it?
Speaker 3: It's weird. I can't stop talking about it.
Speaker 1: But also HBO Max. HBO Max has good stuff on it, I know, But what's the difference with HBO Max and HBO.
Speaker 3: HBO is like, I don't I don't understand the the like business decision to split them, but I guess just like HBO Max has more shit on it, but you need to have HBO to have HBO Max. Maybe I don't. I really don't know, but it's definitely they've got me hooked. I'm on that. I'm on that website every night. Netflix is like just you know, a thing of the past really for me.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's dead. Netflix can't come to the phone right now.
Speaker 3: They're I think they're doing a lot of like children geared towards children programming, and then murder mystery stuff, which is not true crime is not my bread and butter. When I'm alone, I'm watching something. So it's been yeah, a lot of rom comms and I can't tell you. I mean, I think Chasing Amy is probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Who's in it. I've never even heard of this movie.
Speaker 3: Ban Affleck.
Speaker 2: I think, well there, yeah, me neither there you go.
Speaker 3: And maybe Jane Silent Bob, but I don't. Yeah, it's what you would expect. But Amy's gay, and so he's trying kind of like turn her.
Speaker 1: Oh and this is a movie that came out in the nineties, so I'm sure it's problematic.
Speaker 3: It is actually so probably it's it's like worse than you can think. Uh, in whatever you're imagining, it's worse. So I wouldn't recommend and Beautiful Girls as equally as troubling. There's like a thirteen year old neighbor and the guy kind of has a crush on her, but he's like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: It's very weird. It's very weird. I yeah, but I had to finish that.
Speaker 2: It's called What Chasing Amy?
Speaker 3: What Chasing Amy is the one about the lesbian Beautiful Girls is the one about readion.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is terrible. Let me write the title's.
Speaker 3: You know, it's good to see where we've come, like how far we've come.
Speaker 1: Well, now we have that Kristen Stewart Holiday rom Com that h did you like it?
Speaker 3: I did, but I know a lot of people have, people whose opinion that I respect, had problems with it. I've heard from both sides of the aisle on this film.
Speaker 1: You're the first person, and I've heard say, yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was entertaining, and like, rom coms have a formula. So always in a rom com, one of them is a dumb ass. Yes, And so if you're gonna make a movie about lesbians and it's a rom com, then one of the lesbians is gonna be a dumb ass.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately, though really fucked up.
Speaker 3: I thought they almost made her like un forgivably bad. But I just feel like I could see execs like giving feedback on the script being like, we need to make her worse. Actually, unfortunately, we need to make her worse.
Speaker 1: The girl Who's in the Closet or Kristen Stewart the Girl.
Speaker 3: I thought it was one of Christian Stewart's best performances, and I've seen a weirdly large number of her movies. The Girl in the Closet was just but then, like, you know, people struggle with sexuality and they I don't know. I mean, I thought the family I didn't love the ending, that they could have tweaked it. But a lot of like hard work went into the movie and a lot of like queer voices were being heard in I don't know. For me, it was a good movie, but I know a lot of people felt differently.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was a real diplomatic answer right there.
Speaker 2: It was I see, I see you're on the fence, Marybeth.
Speaker 1: You have a friend who wrote on the movie at home.
Speaker 3: I just love love. So that's my official statement. And I think Dan Levy was great as well. Have you either of you seen the movie?
Speaker 1: No, I heard it was bad, But you're the first person that I've heard say that they liked it.
Speaker 3: So now I'm like, structurally sound form. They hit every point.
Speaker 4: There were so many characters. There was like never like a dull moment.
Speaker 1: I thought, yeah, yeah, interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I will I'll get into I'll watch Marie. Why don't we watch it together?
Speaker 4: Mariah's Christmas Special.
Speaker 2: Where that's Apple. Don't have that.
Speaker 1: That's something that I don't have to. I have that.
Speaker 3: If you got a new laptop, you can you get it for free, just a hot tip for the listeners, and that.
Speaker 2: Is when when when did you get a laptop? Because I just got this laptop in February.
Speaker 1: February is not just got it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can probably find out.
Speaker 1: But I see Apple TV on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you probably have a free year. Oh yeah, that's where you can watch Ted Lasso. I mean basically at this point, I'm just going through a list of TV shows and movies I've watched in quarantine. But Ted Lasso is definitely a highlight for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, write that down to and that's a show.
Speaker 3: About soccer, so you know it must be good about recommending it.
Speaker 1: You do you want to marry thebody on there?
Speaker 2: What do you want to fuck somebody on there? Because I know that's another reason for somebody to watch a show. Well no, but I you know, I think I do. I knew it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a friend that wrote on the show, so they said I'll give it a chance, and then what do you know? It's good.
Speaker 1: I don't like the name Ted Lasso for a show that sounds like a man that I wouldn't like. So also I never clicked on the Apple TV thing. Oh my laptop, I just clicked it and now I know where Apple TV is.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at us, Thank you, Mary. You are really each one teach one right here.
Speaker 3: And that's that's all I aim to do every day when I wake up. Is I hope I can just you know, help someone today.
Speaker 1: There's so much stuff on here. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot of original programming. And I would say that marketing's not great because nobody knows it exists.
Speaker 1: Like at all.
Speaker 3: But Morning Show is particularly good if you are looking for a show. Okay, that's about the me too movement? Yep, Oh, okay, Murray, We've got Jennifer Aniston, We've got Reese Wetherspoon and a wig, we've got Steve Carell. I mean, it's just NonStop action from start to finish. And my parents liked it as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'm gonna write that in pencil. I'm not right now.
Speaker 2: I watched The Morning Show on the on a flight and you would yeah, it was good. But are you are you judging because I was on a flight.
Speaker 3: No, I'm like, that's so weird they would have Apple TV shows on a flight.
Speaker 2: The Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I'm thinking about the contracts, those contracts I'm just thinking about the paperwork, Sidney.
Speaker 1: Sidney, what did you think of the morning show on the flight?
Speaker 2: I'm biased because the obsession with white actresses and actors is just anything they do is like, oh, it's so good, we have to watch it. It is amazing. And it's like, not that I'm mad about them exposing the me too moment, but it's also like, y'all gotta get other like perspectives. This is the only perspective that matters, so and it's obviously pushed.
Speaker 3: I don't think happens.
Speaker 2: Y'all have to be on board and understand and tear tear that person down.
Speaker 3: I'm not watching the undoing insolidarity with Sydney.
Speaker 1: Just how I thought Sydney already watched the Undoing I did.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna or now it's not zero since I'm not watching it.
Speaker 2: Right, I want to. I want to switch gears. I really want to get into these confessions like us.
Speaker 1: That's because we caught you lying about the undoing. I hear you, sis.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yes, Marybeth, we are talking about confessions and keeping it real and being honest and keeping it true to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would say that's an accurate assessment. Yet for me, I'm a big communication I'm really into communication. I think it's very important for all types of relationships. But being raised Catholic, I definitely had a lot of guilt and shame instilled in me from a young age. So they kind of teach you that if you confess something, it will make it less bad. So why I think that the religion is, especially Catholicism, is extremely toxic. It did teach me to be a better communicator, so in some ways it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Do Wow, Sydney's on the move, Sydney is running. Do you like I'm not Catholic, so I've never had to go to confessional or anything like that. Do you remember like a confession that you had to make that was like bad? Is it snowy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's what I.
Speaker 4: Am.
Speaker 3: In a closet so there's no windows.
Speaker 1: But you know it's twenty twenty, come on out with the class.
Speaker 3: I know, well, I know what I want. It's for sound reasons because I just want to give the best quality sound for the listeners.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I moved because the music, the Calypso is going off.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, anyway, So is there like a memorable confession.
Speaker 3: That confession. I remember my first confession because you have to do that before you get the UK. So it's all part of the seven sacraments. But then you have to go to confession, you know, quite frequently, especially at Catholic school, because we you know, they just gave us a lot of opportunities to talk about all the bad things that we've ever done. I definitely confessed to like because one of this, one of the ten commandments is that you have to like respect your father and mother. So I definitely had like said to the priests that i've like not I've been meaning to them before and using the Lord's name in vain. You have to confess to that as well. I never killed anyone that I know of. I never killed anyone, So I didn't confess, imagine and active I was like, wait, I did this is going to be confessed here. That's what I confessed is on the podcast and you you have to confess. I guess I never Yeah, I never really did it in high school. So it was like confessing as a seven year old. It's like, what do you even have to say?
Speaker 4: Right exactly? I remember that because I remember, like it was like, CCD, did you have to do that or were you at a Catholic school already?
Speaker 3: I was at a Catholic school, but I did my communion at a separate church, so I had to go to as go to class.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I went to CCD like every like Tuesday after school and then like yeah, I remember that day they were like, okay, everyone needs to go to confession, and I remember like I was like I can't even like think of a single bad thing that I've done, and so like I was like the last person. I was like I don't know, and I went and there I was like like guess I get in an argument sometimes with my sister and they're like okay, cool, get out of here.
Speaker 3: Like say six tail Mary's well, it's like when you're seven, you barely have object permanence. I'm like, I don't remember every bad thing I've ever done. Are you crazy?
Speaker 4: Exactly? It is actually like psychotic thing to ask of like a seven year old.
Speaker 3: Because they say that seven is the age of reason. They say that that's when you know right from wrong. At seven, what I was a thief?
Speaker 1: At seven, I was stealing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. That actually that reminds me of something.
Speaker 1: Oh you are tepto too.
Speaker 3: I stole a snow globe from this girl's cubby when I was in pre K, and I came home and lied and I told my mom that I won it at like some in Pe and then it fell on the floor and shattered and broke, and I was like, that was God's smiting me and I shouldn't have done that. And then I'm pretty sure I confessed. I also once lied about chewing gum in school because I was chewing it and I said I wasn't did it aloud. I ended up spitting it out, but I felt pretty bad that she figured out that I was. I mean, obviously she knew I was like four and I had a big piece of gum in my mouth that I had stolen from my sister's bedroom. So once again I was taught that that is bad because you will get you know, something bad will come of it if you steal.
Speaker 1: I hate watching little kids chew gum.
Speaker 2: Well you know what. I often does that happen, But you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They're just like, well not really anymore, but like I'd be on I used to be on the train and i'd see them like like the stick and the tongue out and it fall it.
Speaker 3: Will fall out and put it back lean and they cut on their finger and yeah, they're like, it's not a toy.
Speaker 2: The thing is is that there are a lot of kids that have a lot of issues, and so sometimes you can't find out how messed up they are until you know confession. And that's why I think sometimes the priests that are fucked up take advantage of these little boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you see them as like they can't do anything wrong, you know, right right. Luckily I was well our priest actually, so I went to Greenwich Catholic School. If anyone on if anyone's listening who went to Greenwich Catholic School, shout out to GCS. But our priest was like not. He was like so obsessed with like aesthetics. He drove a red convertible and he built a mansion on the school's campus and had like golden retrievers and it was all very strange. And then after I graduated, it came out that he was gay, was in Besley Church money to pay for his like partner to have an apartment in New York City, and he had this like whole lavish lifestyle that was not in line with the teachings of the church.
Speaker 1: Oh you had a cool priest.
Speaker 2: Wow, I would like, is he in jail now or like, what's the deal.
Speaker 3: The parishioners were like, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, Literally, the same thing happened at my high school. He was like on campus, mansion. He would like be at the shore constantly. Yeah, it was just like discussing. The same thing came out and he's fine, He's not in trouble or anything.
Speaker 3: Also, I think he must just have a lot of shit on the people who confess to him. That has to be it. They were like, we can't have any of this, any of our dirty launchry coming out, so we'll just say it's fine, and that is. You know, he should have just confessed. He was forced to. He didn't come clean about it. And then there was an article in the New York Times.
Speaker 2: But how did they find him? How did they catch him?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It must have been something on the accounting side with like the dioceses of Bridgeport or something, but they always like to cover it up. I have a yearbook right here, yes, because I'm in the closet. Let's see Mary two thousand three Vibes.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and three. Show us your picture in the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll find it. I don't even know what grade I was in in two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: If there is a quote, you know, go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Well I remember the quote I used.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell us.
Speaker 3: I think it was a Louse Seale ball quote, and it was like, I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I haven't. It's like, okay, it's a bit deep for eighth grade, but yeah, I go off, go off, this is my grade. I don't know if I was in the class. You know what. I think I missed the class picture this year. Work wow, because that was because I was going to Florida to visit my best friend.
Speaker 1: Oh you had you had a friend across state lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she moved. It was like so tragic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's how you know you're doing well.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, no, no, this is my year.
Speaker 2: Okay, show us hurry.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. This is so annoying for the listeners. I'll post a picture of it when no, you know what, I'm not even in it.
Speaker 2: The listeners are like, well, show us, they will Yeah, they will ask for it. These listeners are aggressive and they're over and.
Speaker 3: Their keyed in, they're engaged. Well I just imagine me, but like a little a little bit smaller. I look the exact same.
Speaker 1: Your hair was the same length. You didn't have bangs.
Speaker 3: I had long hair, yeah, back then, and I would get side sweat bangs because I was obsessed with Elizabeth Hurley and Austin Powers, and I thought she was just the picture of beauty and I thought, if I get side sweat bangs, I'll probably look like her.
Speaker 1: M Sydney has a little side side situation.
Speaker 3: She's doing a side part and I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: I have to say, but this is Aliyah, Thank you, Elizabeth Hurley.
Speaker 1: Who this is?
Speaker 2: We don't know her. This is reminiscent of baby Girl. Okay, well, I mean I think more.
Speaker 1: It needs more. It needs to cover your eye more.
Speaker 3: There we go, now let me go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Mary, as a as an adult, I feel like you've had a lot going on, especially when you came on for flirting. I feel like you you confessed a lot because you've hooked up with an egot.
Speaker 3: Emmy Grammy Oscar and a Teen Choice Award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yes, but not all the same person. It was all different people, which we love.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, how come.
Speaker 1: I thought it was one person because you weren't being attention when we recorded that episode two years ago.
Speaker 2: That's a fucking lie.
Speaker 3: Sorry it was so long ago. I don't blame you. Yeah, I've had a lot to confess for over the years. I mean I think I confess a lot of stuff in stand up. Like that's what's been really hard for me, not being able to perform I think because usually when I do something that I think is dad, my reflex is to tell a bunch of people because then it kind of diffuses it. It turns from this big thing that only I know into this like smaller thing that a bunch of people know. So that's my strategy to feel less guilty about things, which doesn't always work. But I think it's been hard without doing stand up because I don't really have anywhere to, like, you know, air it out, like air my dirty laundry. And that's not all my stand up was. But yeah, I just kind of FaceTime with Sydney and then start crying. That's what I've been doing.
Speaker 2: I can attest that's true, and it works.
Speaker 3: Guys, you just need one kind of person you can dumb things on and then you'll feel better. But I definitely, yeah, I got in. I was just always a confessor. I remember I watched I watched a rated our movie on VH one and I wrote my parents a letter and I left it outside their room and I was like, I am so sorry I did this myth because I was young. I was like maybe twelve.
Speaker 1: And a you okay, so well. Now, so you have an older sister.
Speaker 3: I have five siblings. So I have two older sisters and three older brothers.
Speaker 1: So are you're the baby?
Speaker 3: I'm the baby?
Speaker 2: No wonder you're spoiled.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, it's no one surprise when I say I'm the youngest. But I definitely always felt like just get just riddled with girls all the time. I don't know, do you guys not feel that as kids?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I burned down my fucking house. I kept it moving, like I didn't start talking about it until now as adults, Like there was just years of years of me like, yeah, I didn't even remember that I did it.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with that. What I'm obsessed with that?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's bad because it's like I like I've I've I've like kissed a cousin. I've kind of like comped a god brother like I was. You know, I've done like why the god brother that you went to prom with?
Speaker 1: Yes, you humped him, but he wouldn't take a picture with you at prompt?
Speaker 2: Yes, when you say choked on my water, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry when you kiss a cousin.
Speaker 2: When I was like eleven twelve.
Speaker 1: Mmm, isn't how old you were a friend interesting?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe younger than that. I was definitely younger, but no, Like, first of all, I think people shouldn't be so hard on kids hooking up with each other, not hooking up. But you know, like no, Sydney, all right.
Speaker 3: I think people should not be so hard on kids period.
Speaker 2: Right, If you don't have your if you don't let your kids hang out with other kids, they're gonna like get wild with their cousins.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying this is just if that's all that's available, Sydney. I had very strict parents growing up. I wasn't allowed to hang out with other kids. I've never kissed any of my cousins.
Speaker 3: I've never Wait, we shouldn't shame we shouldn't shame Sidney's confessing right now, And that is one thing. One reason people now confess to me. They always come to me about things. They tell me things sometimes I wish I didn't know, But it's because I'm not going to judge them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm only judging them. Oh okay, this is why people don't call me. But you know why I'm judging Sidney's because I know the whole story about the cousin kissing thing, and she's leading out a lot of stuff. So that's why I'm going, Oh, okay, this story sounds like the remix of what I heard, but okay, it is what it is. So Sidney, what was the point that you were trying to make about kissing family members? Why did we why did you bring that up?
Speaker 2: It's not that bad, that's why. Not that bad.
Speaker 1: I think that we should judge kids. Kids are not immune from judgment. But I also think that, you know, when we're kids, think about it, like we were alive for seven years or eight years or however many years total, and it's like you don't know anything when you're ten. You don't even know anything when you're twenty four, So.
Speaker 3: You know, you start knowing things when you're twenty nine, how old I am.
Speaker 1: That's when you start knowing things. So I think that we have to keep that in mind when you think about who knows and who's doing stupid things or smart things.
Speaker 3: You know. I just can't imagine being a kid and not feeling guilty about literally everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I felt guilty about stuff, but I also had like an old like an older brother, and I mean I would feel bad sometimes about the stuff that I stole, but I would feel bad that what.
Speaker 3: Are we talking about stealing? Wise? Like are we talking like a bracelet from like a department sto.
Speaker 1: I used to steal everything, And I'm not no, not grand theft, you know, but you know, uh, definitely like larceny like petit is there is there is that what a form of larceny? Petit larceny, petty whatever, the small cars, small stuff. No, But when I was little, I used to steal from the school store. I would steal from I would steal snacks out of people's backpacks because my parents always gave us really healthy snacks. So I'd be like, well, I want chips today and I want dunkaroos and gushers, so I would steal people's food and then I would lie about it, and then I started stealing from you know, stores, and then I went to college and started stealing stuff when I was in college. So wow, yeah it was you.
Speaker 2: Never stolen from a friend, Marie.
Speaker 1: Stolen from a friend. No, yeah, if I if I'm friends with you, I'm not stealing from you. But if you leave something at my house and we're friends and we're the same size, it belongs to me.
Speaker 3: Now I agree with that. Yeah, I have a few items of clothing that fall into that. That's not theft, that's just what is it? Something nine tenths of the law.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm absorbing what you left here.
Speaker 3: It belongs to me now exactly, so that exactly possession is nine tenths of the laws. So then you become the owner. Thank you, because nine tenths that's ninety percent.
Speaker 1: Nine tenths.
Speaker 2: I don't like this this math. It doesn't check out.
Speaker 3: Well, have you, Marie? When did you stop stealing?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: When I was in college. I stopped stealing last year.
Speaker 2: I was like, Marie, what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: No, what are you talking about? Sydney. I do not steal anymore. What's the last time you saw me steal? You can say this is a safe space exactly because.
Speaker 3: I've never seen you steel, because you're good at it.
Speaker 1: Exactly because I'm Ocean's eight about it. Well, not Ocean's eight oceans twelve.
Speaker 3: Twelve.
Speaker 1: That was a big one, exactly. I already took it. By the time you see it's missing, I've already taken it. And then I you know, my memory is not good, so I'll take it and then forget where I took it from and be like, I don't remember where I got this. I think it was a gift.
Speaker 3: Classic do you think?
Speaker 2: Do you think if you find something and you don't turn it in, is that a form of stealing?
Speaker 3: Depends where? I mean, if you find it on the sidewalk, it's a bit tough, right, but maybe I guess presumably the person could come back for it. But I think if you find something at school and you don't, like one time I lost, I used to work in an office and I had a picture of me as a kid at my birthday party where Barney came. So it's obviously very near and dear to my heart. I scanned the picture. Then it fell out of my notebook and then someone found it and just never gave it to me, which I find so weird. What just clearly it's like a memory. I mean, luckily I have the scan of it, but it always just weird to me that no one like turned it in.
Speaker 1: Right, it's very it's very obviously you and the photo. Yeah, oh damn. Maybe it was somebody at the office that didn't like you, a hater.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was a small, small office. So I'll never forget that. But I think if you don't turn something in and it's like an office situation, then.
Speaker 1: That is bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe sometimes it's not stealing.
Speaker 3: Technically it's not stealing.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you say people people confess to you, they trust you, they're like, they open up to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you like listening to people's problems or do you like holding people's secrets or do you share them with other people? I don't like.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, and I've learned this about certain people too. If you tell me not to tell anyone.
Speaker 1: I won't like.
Speaker 2: No, no, wait, hold on, what let's be honest. What if somebody tells you don't tell anybody? You're not going to tell your best friend.
Speaker 3: Well here, I saw a tweet once that I thought was really smart. When I say I'm not going to tell anyone, I mean I'm not going to tell anyone. You know. That was the tweet exactly, And I think so. So if basically there's a difference, like if Sidney, if you told me something, you said not to tell anyone, and then I ran into like George Saveris and I told him that is different than me telling a friend I went to high school with because it's a good story and not saying your name, you know what I mean. So it's just it really is circumstantial. But if someone comes there are things that I've never told anyone. If someone comes to me in confidence and they say this, you know this is a secret of mine and you can't tell anyone, I will respect the code and I won't say anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marie, what you do that? What's the question do you when someone tells you don't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: I don't have anybody to tell, Sydney. I feel like you're trying to set me up for something. But I don't have anybody to tell anything. If you tell me not to tell nobody. I'm whispering it to my plants. Honestly, the only person I'm telling anything to is my mom, and she don't care about none of y'all right, She's like, ooo.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a good outlet. Also, sometimes these stories get so convoluted. There's so many characters. It's like, even if I wanted to like explain the back story here and tell someone is just too much effort. So a lot of times, yeah, I mean, there's definitely people that I've said things to that I'm like, oh, that's a person that I need to tell them not to tell anyone because they just will and it's not malicious, but they'll just regurgitate what you say and because it's something to talk about. And then I've been burned before with that, and I've definitely I've definitely told people things I sometimes I like to get involved in I know somebody likes someone else, and that has gotten me in trouble before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've done that too, because I feel like I can.
Speaker 3: Help and people don't trust me to be subtle, and then I'll just kind of take matters into my own hands. But I don't really do that anymore because I don't get in trouble.
Speaker 1: But also sometimes people tell you not to tell anybody, and then they tell you their secret and you're like, girl, I don't even want to notice that this tea is it's a tiny cup and it's cold. I don't nobody cares. Right, it's a thimble, just a thimble of lip Okay, it's not even like a good seat.
Speaker 3: So that.
Speaker 2: I mean for me, I will, I will say on the record, I talked to a lot of people, so too.
Speaker 1: Sydney has more friends than anybody in the world.
Speaker 2: People people tell me business and then because my memory is so short, I only remember bits and pieces of stuff. So if I do, like per se mention something to Marie, Marie is always upset with me because she's like, well, sis, you none of this makes sense. Where is the rest of the information that matters?
Speaker 1: Yes, Sidney will give you pieces of the team. You're like, she will, where were they?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Who were we talking?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: I always have follow up questions.
Speaker 2: I never remember names. I don't know situation like what agency it was that I'm bad?
Speaker 3: But also what happened to the girl? And she's like, I don't know, haven't heard friend?
Speaker 1: Yes, but also Sidney will start a story in the middle and then go to the end and you're like, wait, what happened? You gotta tell me the full thing, and she's like, oh, okay, well always always you do it here. You tell stories on the podcast and it's like, wait, you just said the ending, but what happened before that?
Speaker 3: And you're like, You're like, oh, it's very Christopher Nolan asked, yeah, m night, Shyamalan.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 3: It's non linear storytelling, Sidney, and that can make you rich one day. What you say, nonlinear storytelling, that can make you rich one day. People love that ship.
Speaker 2: They drag me in my secret.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just grateful to know because sometimes Sydney will text me I have tea. I FaceTime her immediately. M M. It's never disappointed, not once.
Speaker 1: You've never been like oh okay, it's never been something you already knew. No I have I have like you knew, say right now, yeah, say right now space.
Speaker 3: That was a test. I don't remember. But sometimes, you know, sometimes when someone tells you a secret and then they say don't tell anyone, and then the other person involved also tells you, so you have to pretend that you don't know.
Speaker 1: Fake shots.
Speaker 2: You're good at that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm good at being like ah what, oh, oh my god, tell me more. Okay, wait, have you ever forgotten who told you something and then you tell them their thing back to them?
Speaker 3: Yes, Marie does never, Thank God, I don't think that has ever happened. I do forget, though, especially lately, who I forget who I've had conversations with. But I have never repeated someone's secret back to them. I think that would be detrimental to my reputation as a steel vault of information.
Speaker 1: Marie does it all done that I don't know about all the time. But sometimes I'll repeat stuff to people like I mean, I'll do it with Sidney, but I'll be like, I don't know who told me this, but somebody was saying that they're Brazilian butt lift, you know what I mean. And Sydney's like, I told you that story, and I'm like, oh, are you sure? We weren't there together? No in a city.
Speaker 2: So, Mary, how do you feel about people who gossip?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there's not much to do these days, and I think gossip is one thing we will always have, no matter what m h, no matter how long we're locked indoors, there's always gonna be people doing things that we want to talk about. I think I would rather be talked about than talking about other people. That's that's a goal. It's a career goal. You know. You want people to be like, what's she up to? But I do. I do gossip and I talk shit, and I don't always feel great about it, but it is a cathartic kind of release.
Speaker 2: Why why do we feel so good about talking shit and gossip.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just nice to just be like, I'm in a situation with someone I trust, and I'm going to just go all the way off, and then you do, and then you hang up. What I hate is when you want to talk shit and the person's like, I don't know, I kind of like that, And then I say, click, shut the computer, because that's not fun for anyone. Don't don't take the high road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if I'm talking to you and I know you don't actually truly like that person that we're talking about. You're just trying to act like you're like above the conversation. And it's like.
Speaker 2: Favorite line when she talks to me, she's like, yeah, I know, that's your.
Speaker 3: Girl, but.
Speaker 1: That's your friend.
Speaker 3: So I do say that that's really good. That's a good way of just addressing that you kind of.
Speaker 2: Drag them and be like, but that's your friend.
Speaker 3: So well, it's a whole other layer two with comedy, because there's you can't be friends with people you don't think are funny. Yes, and that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Really be friends with people that I don't think are funny. Not really.
Speaker 2: I wrote a Facebook post about that years ago, and there were so many comedians in my in my messages like so like, one, who are you talking about? And two like do you think I'm not funny? And it's like what what? Well?
Speaker 1: What did the say?
Speaker 2: The post said, Listen, I have so many friends outside of comedy who aren't funny. Those are those are regular people. If you're in comedy and you're supposed to be funny, why the fuck would I hang out with you if I don't think you have anything to offer comedically. That's true, And then people were writing in the messages, but what if that person is a good person? I was like, then they should just stop doing comedy and just be a good person.
Speaker 1: Right, A good person doesn't make a good comedian. Actually, sometimes the worst person you are the better comedian you are.
Speaker 3: So fortunately, yeah, you know, time and time again.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look for that post reposted.
Speaker 3: Please do and send me a green shop because that was probably before, maybe before we knew each other or we were Facebook friends, and I would love to read it. Yeah, it's a good take and you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, well for me, it's just like one I don't want to oh, I wrote in a post. I was like, I don't want to have a show, and you're my friend and I cannot put you on my show. Now that hurts because then I gotta tell you about the lineup and.
Speaker 3: Be like so uh, it's so true.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be here, but you again another week not on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was the cool thing about the Knitting Factory is it was three hosts, and anytime somebody like asked a couple of times and we didn't think that they were the right fit for the show, I'd say, well tell them Marie said they don't want them on the show, Like, I'll take the say Marie said no, And then if you want, if you if you got the gall to come approaching me and talk about it. I'm gonna say I've never seen you do well, or I don't think you're funny or you know, but now we don't have that anymore. So it's like, who is funny? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, what's weird about everything happening with no shows is like I figured there'd be less comedians as a move, but I feel like they're just more and more. Yeah, and they're just tweeting.
Speaker 2: Is that a confession? Mary, You're low key drag.
Speaker 3: They're like, everyone's got to make money. I just I'm who.
Speaker 4: I hear it?
Speaker 3: Mary, I'm upset with myself that I'm not compelled to tweet more because I do feel like people get jobs from it. It's just not my medium. I want to do stand up and that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: You're good on Twitter though your tweets are funny, I just don't tweet.
Speaker 3: I hate the website the way I've really like come, I've had to come to terms with this in my in my brain, when a tweet does bad, I feel bad. When a tweet does well, I feel nothing. So it's truly like what am I gaining from it? Viral sweets viral tweets are so annoying. You're literally drowning and mentions all day for two days, and then things calm down and you're like, what am I left with?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Nothing? So sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and say, is what am I? What is this bringing me? What? Joy? Nothing? Okay? I should stop doing it, So I'll go off of it for a bit here and there. I just really want to just be successful enough where I can just never ever tweet.
Speaker 1: Again, okay. I mean our good friend Matteo was very popular on Twitter and he deleted his account.
Speaker 3: He does see that is wild to me.
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, I don't. I got this is it's bringing me stress.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could delete it. That's that's my issue. I can't. I deleted my Facebook and that felt amazing. I didn't deactivated it. I straight up deleted it, yep. But I just can't. I feel like Twitter has like things that I want to keep. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess every once in a while, I'll delete the app from my phone.
Speaker 2: I am, and.
Speaker 1: You know, because I feel like I waste time on it. But I don't tweet that often and when I do. It's sometimes it's literally something that my high brain is curious about that I could google, but I don't want to. And then other times it's me just reacting to something that I just read. So you know, Twitter is useless for me, but people are getting jobs from it and blah blah blah blah blah, and it's like, but I don't want to be a writer. So there's also that, you know, there's that I.
Speaker 2: Mean, this is so I'll say this and this will be the end of my social media rant. I think that comedy really is suggested a subjective subjective and there's a lot of times where you'll see people blow up or things up, and you're like, I don't get it, I don't understand it, and I feel compelled to hate on this person, and it's like, no, I need to focus on myself. Why am I Why do I want to drag this person down? Yeah, because it's right, it's the right thing, and until you feel nothing anymore, and then you move forward. Sometimes most of the time I think that I don't think you should publicly drag people. I think that's tacky. I think you go in your your group chats and you go off and you get it off and then you move on. I think if you're a comedian and you're and you're publicly saying someone is not funny, who's another comedian? I don't. I think it's it's weird. It's like we're all in the same field.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what that's what our friend groups are for. That's what the group chat is for. It's a safe space to be like, did you see such and such on such on Netflix? Did you realize them? You know what I mean? And and it feels good to talk to people who feel how you feel, because sometimes I feel like like like an alien.
Speaker 3: Or something like I'm taking crazy pills right because.
Speaker 1: I'm like this, this is what the people are buying, this is what the people are reposting or whatever, whatever, whatever, and it is what it is. But it feels good to talk to somebody about another person and you're both on the same page.
Speaker 3: In a lot of ways. You're just confessing having bad thoughts when you do that, and that way, you're releasing them, and that's good.
Speaker 2: Full circle love how you full circle on that bitch?
Speaker 1: Damn that we love circle.
Speaker 3: I have said this, I do. I think millennials are too empowered. We can justify anything, So I'm like, talking shit, we can put a spin on that. I mean, you can just rebrand anything and make it positive rebranding.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, But how do you feel about this happens with feminism? Women publicly dragging other women want to open forums.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean it's so circumstantial. Obviously, if you're dragging like a white supremacist, that's one thing. But I think if you're just I think it's very strange. And I do see a lot of people who claim to be feminists openly shitting on other women. I mean, I think publicly talking shit is so weird to me because especially if you're a comedian, like if you're talking shit about a celebrity for example, like what if you get cast in a movie with them one day? It's so awkward that you have tweets like shitting on their entire existence, or you have a podcast where you talk shit about everybody, and you know, what is it going to be like when you are like at a table read with them and you know you've said all this really bad stuff. M I think I just find it very strange. So I just am I'm from toxic stan culture. So I would just talk about people that I like. That's what I try to do.
Speaker 2: Toxic stand culture.
Speaker 1: Hmm, toxic, right, people who like follow celebrities or famous people that they don't actually like and they like hate watch or they hate.
Speaker 3: People do that I don't. That's not toxic. Toxic stan culture for me is like I'm obsessed with like a tear of celebrity. Like there is a group of celebrities that I am fully obsessed with, and I will defend them like I'm an apologist, and I just want to like help them, not hurt them. There are people who hate follow celebrities. I find that to be the most bizarre use of energy, because what is the point.
Speaker 1: I mean, for years, I didn't follow anybody famous, like any celebrities, because I was like, this is just gonna make me feel bad about what I have or what I don't have, So I just wouldn't follow them. Not to say I wouldn't end up on their pages because you know, he explore page is the devil.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I don't. Like I don't log onto social media every time I pick my phone up. I'm not supposed to feel bad, Okay, otherwise I'm gonna stop. I mean, I'm not gonna stop picking up my phone, but otherwise, like, why am I logging into this app to feel worse about what?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what Twitter does to me sometimes. So that's why I just try to limit the exposure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a valid thing. Oh you know this is this is another weird thing that I want to confess. Sometimes I will be friends with people that I'm like, you're a little peculiar. I don't really get you just to just to get just to see the the hype, the buzz, and then really I realized, oh this person is cool though they're just like not what I traditionally think is funny. But I get why people rock with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think that is my confession, do you I mean I think that sounds very positive.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, because I will say, like you two, everybody on this call or this podcast, I think are funny for real, Like I know that I can read something on your Instagram, it's gonna be funny. I'm gonna talk to you on the You're gonna make me laugh. But there's some people that it's like I do not see any of it, nothing but You're probably just a cool person in general, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Friendly, comedy subjective, as you said from right from your own words, and it's well, it's okay to appreciate. It's going to appreciate if someone does, but not find them funny.
Speaker 2: I'm contradicting myself. Yes, I know, Andrew, come drag me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What I've always observed about you, Sydney is that you I mean, like you referred earlier to like sort of like casting like a very broad net. And you have a lot of friends, almost like too much friends. And your your ratio on Instagram does like keep me up at night, whereas like Marie's does relax me. Marie is following a lot less people than you are. I think that you're you're following too many people you're trusting.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm looking right now, Andrew. You have said this before.
Speaker 3: It's just your ratio is out of thirty two hundred people.
Speaker 2: But what should I do?
Speaker 1: That's more than some some country's friend?
Speaker 3: What? What? What?
Speaker 2: How do I do that?
Speaker 3: What should you go to the You go to the list of people you follow and you follow them?
Speaker 2: Yes, so hard, it's not hard.
Speaker 4: I think like Marie's like following. How many are you following? Marie?
Speaker 1: Like, only like a couple hundred hundreds something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a minute, wait one second now, So Andrew, you're saying I'm keeping you up at night and Marie is calming you Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: A That is Andrew's confession.
Speaker 4: That is confession. Yeah, Sydney, you're not going to drag me for that.
Speaker 1: Sydney. You know what you could do? You go to your followers, okay, and then you can see the ones that you least interact with and just unfollow those people if you never see them, because you're not even seeing thirty two hundred people on your feet that that's not what the elder.
Speaker 3: Is not possible.
Speaker 4: Stressed me out. It must be insane.
Speaker 2: My feet stresses you out, but you be my feet.
Speaker 4: My idea, I can get the number. Yeah, simply the contenttyes.
Speaker 1: But Andrew, if you've never seen Sydney on Instagram, she swipes and likes every single thing that she sees. Like that's how Sydney Instagram's She's not like, you know, like I'll swipe, I'll be like what's that? Oh that's weird, and then I won't double.
Speaker 4: Tap right when I get a like it means a lot more than alike from Sydney.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say, Sydney, what they're saying is you diluted your brand on Instagram by following too many people and being too frivolous with likes, which I don't think is a bad thing. You're creating positivity in the community. Sure, I think you can take this confession that Andrew is opening up on the podcast and you can either say I don't care. I like my life and I'm going to continue living it as I happen, or you can say, Okay, I'm gonna take this feedback and put it into act.
Speaker 1: My god, literally, sustained.
Speaker 2: Likes don't matter. That's that. I just want to make sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that your likes don't matter. I'm just saying that Marie me and a little bit more because there I know that there are. It's it's thoughtful when when it's like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it, when I like something, but Sidney like, there's more and no, it's more thought it's more.
Speaker 3: I just think I just think it's not liking that.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mary Beth also knows as well, like you're going through like we all know that you're going through your feet and you're just you're you're tapping away.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I've seen it firsthand. I'm just like, oh, is that how I'm supposed to be using Instagram? I'm supposed to like everything that I see, even the ads. It's wild, the.
Speaker 3: Funny, that's really fun.
Speaker 1: Just anyway, Sidney, I think, go see the ones that you least interact with, if ones that you haven't seen probably since you followed them, and go. I didn't let some of them go.
Speaker 2: I love I love this confession for y'all.
Speaker 1: This all right cool. We've had this conversation with her on the pod before. She's she's just gonna follow a thousand. It's fine, you know, it's okay, fine, it's fine, Mary, But how many people are you following?
Speaker 3: I'm following. I try to keep it. I've always been under a thousand, which is becoming harder and harder to keep because you just meet people and it's like, I feel bad if I don't follow back a lot of the time. Right now, I'm following nine hundred and eighty four.
Speaker 1: Right, I think under a thousand it feels good to me as well.
Speaker 3: It's just getting really hard to maintain. And I feel like once you break a thousand, it's like, Okay, well I guess I'll keep it under two thousand. But then it's like, I'm gonna be following so many people.
Speaker 1: I hardly know how many people does Beyonce follow She follows none zero. That's weird to me, though not not because it's her, but like anybody who has an Instagram and is following nobody, it's like, well, what does your feet look like?
Speaker 4: The feet is simply just her post.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's weird, Like what about your family? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean like Tina Knowles has gone on Instagram Live and has talked about Beyonce's This is just a conspiracy theory that I am obsessed. Tina Knowles has gone on Instagram Live and she's talked about like the interviewer was like, do your daughters cook? And then she said, Beyonce posts a lot of what she cooks on her Instagram. You go through Beyonce's Instagram, there's nothing that she's prepared.
Speaker 2: Beyonce don't cook, right, So she has a.
Speaker 4: Private Instagram, which is what we're getting at. You know, the Beyonce Instagram the at Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Is not her. Yeah, that makes sense that a lot of celebrities do that. I mean, well, it's the whole Finsta of it all. But I can't. I can't manage to account. So I have dragons ass in my own and that keeps me plenty busy.
Speaker 1: So did people go through Tina Nogle's followers to find the Beyonce real care people?
Speaker 4: People including me? Yeah, I've attempted finding it.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously it's obviously it's private.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean like there's you can't really tell. But there are like a few contenders that could potentially be Beyonce's account.
Speaker 3: But luckily we probably got they probably got none dated with requests.
Speaker 1: Yes, luckily Tina knows only follows two hundred and twenty three people, So we could do. We could go through that in an afternoon, exactly.
Speaker 3: You could do. We could do some real quick process of elimination.
Speaker 1: Probably, But I do I think that that's cool that she has a page where her actual personality is on it, you know, for the fam or whatever, So you know, that's cute for her. But I have my Instagram and the unofficial expert Instagram, and you see what I do with both of those. It's it's hard, so you know, it's very hard.
Speaker 3: I think it's getting hard for me to think of things to post because I don't do anything.
Speaker 1: But your post are always good. You always have like good photos.
Speaker 3: Once a month, I get I get crippled with anxiety about it.
Speaker 1: It's great, stressful.
Speaker 2: You have followers that follow you and they're obsessed and it doesn't matter. You don't have to post all the time. Marie doesn't have to post all the time. You guys are great. I I just like maintenance and upkeeping, and that's why I have one hundred notches.
Speaker 3: So for account, it's your account and you should use it however you want.
Speaker 1: The hundred notches are for maintenance and upkeep. I'm sorry, what make it makes sense, babe, it's one notch per followers.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Essentially at this point, well, guys, I have really just confessed a lot about how you feel towards me. But I think we should end with a real confession to just kick us off or take us off properly.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess I will start. I will confess that I'm very anxious and nervous about my show, that I'm doing for my Bathtub on December nineteenth. And that's not even me trying to plug it in a cute way. I'm genuinely very nervous because I used to do the show on Instagram Live weekly. I haven't done it in months and it's on a new platform, and I'm just like, are people going to understand? So that's what my confession is that I, as you've seen me, put on a brave face, but I am nervous. So please buy tickets. Come. It's gonna be fun everybody.
Speaker 4: The day after the day after this episode comes out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Anita Scanner will be on it, Djovin will be on it, Iowa Debris and of course Alistair Green from the UK will be calling in. So it'll be a lot of fun. And I just hope people we'll watch it.
Speaker 1: I mean, the art for it, the visuals stunning. Big thank you. Yeah, I saw it and I I didn't even have to think about tapping it. I said, absolutely, this is. She said, I said, this is. I don't remember what I said, but I really.
Speaker 3: Really liked A comment for Marie is huge. Honestly, that takes effort.
Speaker 1: It's not even that it takes effort. I just like when I feel compelled to actually write something under somebody's post, it's like it's I don't know, it's because it brought me some type of joy that's or it's so shocking that I'm like, why would you put this up? You know what I mean? But yes, I know what you mean. But I really like the post, and I hope that the show goes well. It's on. Well, what's the date again?
Speaker 3: December nineteenth?
Speaker 1: December nineteenth, after Saturday? This episode drops.
Speaker 3: All right, next confession's confession Andrew, you go for it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I have a confession. Do I confess that I'm sorry for leading this charge against you? I think that I think it was an important conversation to be had going into a new year. But yeah, I do feel I feel bad. I saw I saw like your face sort of like go slack during that that you're really affected by us calling you out. So I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, I mean maybe the problem is Sidney. Do you feel bad when you unfollow people?
Speaker 4: I don't think she does.
Speaker 3: Have you ever done it?
Speaker 4: Have you ever pressed an unfollow button?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Is that labrating?
Speaker 1: It feels good? Have you ever muted somebody, because that's a that's a different kind of high. No, girl, you've never muted somebody? No, oh wow, says she ain't litter right.
Speaker 4: No, we're falling back into it now. It's okay, Sydney.
Speaker 1: I mean it's fine, but I'm just saying that you misronounced this. I think maybe you would squirt more if you unfollowed more people, or if you.
Speaker 3: In your life. Sydney.
Speaker 2: Three, confess my confession.
Speaker 1: Okay, does it have to be? I guess it'll be social media related, since that's what we're talking about now. My confession is I never prepare, Like I don't have a script for the videos that I upload. I kind of just talk, but I shoot numerous versions of the video until I think it's perfect, and then I post it. If I don't think that the video is hilarious, I'm not posting it. And when I first post a video, I'll watch it over and over and over again until I make myself sick and I can never watch the video ever again. Like I'll hit a point where like, watch it I don't know fifty times however many times and be like I am a genius, and then a switch will go off and then I can't, like, I can't watch it anymore. So that's my confession about social media. It's hard and it's weird, but and it does give me anxiety. But I'm still gonna post stuff if I like it, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dropping a bomb right here. I confess that sometimes I am jealous of Marie because like, oh wow, people love you so much and you're so cool and so funny, and I feel like I'm the nerd next to.
Speaker 1: You, and sit you're like a crazy person right now.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't. I'm like, Marie is so cool. That's why we became friends because you were cool, and I was like, I'm obsessed with how cool she is in Pritton.
Speaker 1: I thought we became friends because you thought I was pretty. But okay, cool works too. That's really interesting friend.
Speaker 2: But not jealous in a not jealous in a way that like I don't want any good to happen to this bitch.
Speaker 1: Fuck her.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna single white female you like, not just it's like jealous in a sisterly way, like oh man, she's just like every time you post something or sometimes I see you in real life and I'm like, wow, I can't believe we're friends.
Speaker 1: She's so like perfect, Oh wow, well, Sidney, if it makes you feel any better, Sometimes I'm jealous of you too, in a very sister little way. Yeah, I'm like, look at this sexy bitch with the big booty who don't work out. Look how likable she is. So if that makes you feel any better, and I hope it does because I see your face, I can see all of your teeth. I feel like that too. So and you have more followers than me, so don't worry about people liking me more than you. There's more of them in your If you don't, you should see my dms. They're like I just wanted to say that I enjoy Marie's videos so much.
Speaker 3: They're in your day that psychopathic.
Speaker 1: People love you. People are weirdos, don't.
Speaker 2: Friends that I used to work with that are like, wow, Maria is really funny. She's she's taking off on social media.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I know, I wrote some of her jokes.
Speaker 3: I love that absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, that was a very nice exercise.
Speaker 2: Mary. Can you tell people where to find you on social media? And again, where you can where they can find this show that you're going to be on.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can find me on social media at mary Beth Barone on Twitter and Instagram, and then Cadenza dot tv is where you can get tickets to the show. But also you could just go to my Instagram and then it's in the bio obviously and my Twitter as well.
Speaker 2: And Marybeth is an ally. She is one of the many but few white women that I'm like, she does do the work and you please make sure you go on her comments and support her. I know we trash the beige people, but Mary is one of us. Well no, but she is a part of the family.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're beige and you're listening to this, then she's one of y'all because well no, because the beige listeners that listen, you know, their allies to us. You know, Bill slide in my DMS and be like, I'm a beige listener and I love you guys, and I love it when y'all do that.
Speaker 3: So nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, Mary Beth, before we go, just real light, if you could get anything in the world for Christmas, what would that be?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, well Trump already got COVID, so that was kind of like an early Christmas present. But maybe a plane, A plane, like a like a big ass plane. Yeah, just like a Boeing seven forty seven. Oh my god, she's a big plane.
Speaker 1: So you can go to seven different countries like Rihanna did for seven weeks.
Speaker 3: I just want to be able to travel and be not worried, you know about okay safe.
Speaker 1: I hope somebody gives you that for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Thank you a michel out in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad that you came back. This was so cute.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me. It's always a pleasure, gals, And I hope gals is obviously gender and neutral because gender construct. But thank you so much, and I hope everyone has a very lovely holiday season.
Speaker 2: I just one more time. I really do love you guys so much, and this year I've cried more than any other year. But talking to you guys on the phone and facetiming and annoying you guys seven times a day has really been my therapy. And I'm very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.
Speaker 1: Sydney. Anyway, thanks bye, Forever Dog. This has been a Forever Dog production.
Speaker 4: The Unofficial Expert Is Executive produced by Brett Boham, Joe Silio, and Alex Ramsey.
Speaker 1: Senior producer Tracy Soren, Produced by Andrew McGuire.
Speaker 2: Cover art by Sandy Hoenig.
Speaker 4: To listen to this podcast ad free, sign up for Forever Doog Plus at Foreverdogpodcasts dot com slash plus. Check out video clips of our podcasts on YouTube at YouTube dot com slash Forever Dog Team, and make sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at Forever Dog Team to keep up with all the latest Foreverdog news.