Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo hilarious.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Charlamagne to.
Speaker 4: Got peace to the planet is Monday?
Speaker 2: Good morning. How y'all feel out there? That's right back to the work week. How you feeling?
Speaker 4: I feel blessed, black and holly favorite, happy to be here for another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: Mane, let's suggest how you feeling? How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: I feel good. I feel feel really good.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of stuff done over the weekend, but I just chowed out with my family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Look, I.
Speaker 1: Was at my daughter's dance competition Friday. I actually broadcasted from the hotel.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh shout to all.
Speaker 1: Salute to all the dance dads out there and the dance parents out there. You know how crazy it is. So her first performance was Friday at seven eight m. So she was up at four m getting ready, cause you know, it's a whole routine makeup and getting the hair right and costumes right. So it was pretty dope. So my one daughter won first, and this is over. It's over like a thousand kids. She was first, first place that was Little Brooklyn and London was fifth and ninth because they performed two solo they performed too, so of one solo, she was the ninth place one solos and fifth, which is still great because it's like thousands of kids. So we were super duper excited. We spent his birthday in dance mode. So it was fun, a lot of fun just with the kids.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of do you know the choreography? Did you know?
Speaker 2: Do I know it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course of course, like head point to foot, turn around?
Speaker 3: Okay, what t woard?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, doing it for fun in the mirror for no reason, not even with your baby.
Speaker 2: So I was doing it because you like to do it. So Dan, what about you? What you get a week? You shuttle?
Speaker 4: I was in I was in Houston for a little bit. I went to a weddings Lutha in your and Derek they got married too. Well I'm saying that black.
Speaker 3: People know them, but those my people's yes, congratulations to them.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you.
Speaker 4: Cried congratulations in Derek, I just like I enjoyed weddings and you know.
Speaker 2: Is from Ghana, so he would never cry.
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 4: It's a very long, long morning actually a couple of them. Yeah, and then the food and then the dancing like no, no, nobody does anything like people from Ghana do. Wow, it's always high level, always dance. Oh my god, what energy everything. It don't come down to though.
Speaker 2: I know some of the coaches.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the Ghana coach, but when they get married, they throw money on the people getting married.
Speaker 2: They definitely did that absolutely. Wow. How much did you throw? I don't know how much of my wife do?
Speaker 6: She threw something?
Speaker 3: That's what's so you have to do that?
Speaker 1: Did they tell you beforehand to get ready? Like, hey, just know this is the coaches, so make sure you have your money.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: I just know what everybody had the ones and it was.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to go. So what is it Ghani and wedding.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's what you call it, but yes, she was definitely practicing her customs.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's all right. Well let's get the show cracking. Jason Wilson will be joining us today.
Speaker 2: Man Jason has a new book called The Man The Moment.
Speaker 4: The Man's out right now, fantastic, fantastic reed man. Jason's one of my favorite people on the planet. You see him at the Mental Wealth ex Ball all the time. You probably watched his documentary on ESPN called The Cave of Adelum. I know I'm pronouncing that wrong. Definitely sounds wrong, but Jesus, I'm figure it out. But Jason's a great brother man. He'll be here this morning.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get to Front Page News when we come back. I mean, so, I know we're gonna talk Grammy. It's Tolely, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, Kendrick might have put light skinned people out forever last night.
Speaker 2: Y'all got Steph Kurt.
Speaker 4: I would at this point, and Kri won a Grammy last day too, But boy, man, I didn't think it could be lights out. We'll talk about might have been like then the Superpos this weekend, Oh my god, started over. You're not supposed to do that as a bag person, you are never supposed to restart this record.
Speaker 1: He ever got to act like this not even happened. You gotta congratulate that, brother. It's the Breakfast Club the morning.
Speaker 4: Five Grammy wins last night for Kendrick. Yes, five, Yeah, congratulations to Kendrick Drake.
Speaker 2: You think Drake cried hisself to sleep last night.
Speaker 1: I don't think Drake turned shit balled up like I mean, I think he already knew that.
Speaker 3: He knew it was gonna happen, so he probably didn't.
Speaker 4: You watch he gonna suit the Grammys. Now he's definitely gonna be that loss a little shit.
Speaker 1: Let's get in some front page news now. Over the weekend sports, the Lakers traded Luca for Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that was about. I adn't confused about that trade.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you really think about it, the Mavericks made it to the finals last year, so why would you leave your biggest piece.
Speaker 2: Well that's the reason. They said. He was twenthudred and seventy pounds.
Speaker 4: But you know, for me, you don't trade a generational franchise player just because they gained weight. You go get him a trainer and a nutritionist. Right, they just went to the finals last year, since when his weight bit of problem.
Speaker 2: That's my whole thing.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying that this way they don't have to pay the max contract. But like you said, he was the face of the Mavericks man makes no sense.
Speaker 4: Luca knocked knocked off one of them top executives. Girl, Man, that ain't no way in hell, Like that's what I think. They know something about Luca.
Speaker 2: We don't know. But I don't understand this trade at all.
Speaker 1: But now the Lakers have a face to the Lakers for the next what ten years. He's only twenty five years old. I'm sure Lebron would be retiring the next couple of years, so now they got a new face.
Speaker 4: I mean, that'd be a good part of the Lebron can teach him some discipline, you know what I mean. Lebron can possibly teach him how to train and eat right and all of that good stuff. So he'd be a good teacher for Duke Luca. It's not like Luca needs it other than you know, learning how to be disciplined.
Speaker 2: I guess right.
Speaker 1: But you know, the sad thing about it, what people don't think about it is they got to uproot their families.
Speaker 2: Like you know, Luca's been in where Dallas for the last six seven years.
Speaker 4: Man, and even from here, that man has uprooted his family. That man is from Russia, somebody.
Speaker 1: He's been living in for six years and Anthony David has been.
Speaker 4: Literally coming from wherever he comes from is nothing is way worse than what he's doing now over his last seven years, all his families in the whole other country somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And also Clarissa Shields, she went over the weekend. I watched it last night, understanding heavy titled did you say it was?
Speaker 2: It was good?
Speaker 4: She practiced chicks so hard. At the end she was fighting Danielle Perkins, I think her name was.
Speaker 2: Daniel Perkins looked bigger during the way, and it looks like I was.
Speaker 4: Like Jesus Toris was breaking it down. And at the end she tracted with the right hand to the jaw. Jeezus dropped it to a niece.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, come on to Migaine, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning, dj MV, Charleamagne the God and Jessilarius.
Speaker 6: Y'all doing good on its?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, let's get into it. First and foremost, Happy Black History Month. I don't know if we mentioned that, but quris baby, Yeah, quick history lesson Doctor Carter G.
Speaker 3: Woodson.
Speaker 5: He is credited with bringing Black History Month to prominence in the nineteen twenties. Woods and launch a Negro History Week in February to promote the diversity of black achievements in America. He chose the month of February because it included the civil rights the birthdays of civil rights activists, educator Frederick Douglas and President Abraham Lincoln, who signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free black people from slavery. So you know how everybody be like, why is February. It's the shortest month. Well, that's why. And understand that we graduated from a week to a month. So in nineteen seventy six, President Gerald Ford issued a proclamation to reflect on both the history of and teachings of African Americans whose contributions to society were left out of history books, like we've come so far and so yeah, we continue to celebrate Black History Month and schools communities across the nation or do we meanwhile, President Trump, he also issued a proclamation that February twenty twenty five is National Black History Month. It reads, in part that every year National Black History Month is an occasion to celebrate the contributions of so many Black Americans patriots who have indelibately shaped our nation's history. You can read more of his proclamation at White House dot gov. And while we're here, did.
Speaker 4: They cancel it US something? And we didn't know why did he have to do a proclamation? And hey, remind us that February Black History Month.
Speaker 5: So that's the part we don't necessarily know. But just a suggestion to the current administration when you reference black people, make sure you use the big bee, not the little bee. And I know we love to add s on the black on the back of things, but you know, blacks, Yeah, let's highly advised against. I'm not gonna get too much into that. Let's get more into what the is coming from the latest administration President Trump. He's imposing twenty five percent tariffs on Canada and Mexico. They went into effect on Saturday, but Trump made his case to reporters saying the US is going to have nearly a two hundred billion dollar deficit with Canada and a two hundred and fifty billion dollar deficit with Mexico. Not to mention he blamed them for sending illegal immigrants over the southern border. Yesterday, he was on boarding Marine one when he said he will be speaking with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau today and Mexican President Claudia Scheinbaum later today, So let's hear those comments from President Trump.
Speaker 7: I'm speaking with Prime Minister Trudeau tomorrow morning, and I'm also speaking with Mexico tomorrow morning, and I don't expect.
Speaker 2: Anything very dramatic.
Speaker 8: And we put tariffs on They owe us a lot of money, and I'm sure they're gonna pay. I love the people of Canada. I disagree with the leadership.
Speaker 6: Of Canada and something's gonna happen there.
Speaker 8: But if they wanted to play the game, I don't mind.
Speaker 6: We can play the game all they want.
Speaker 2: Isn't that why people voted for Trump.
Speaker 4: They voted for Trump because they won't financial relief, more financial hardship.
Speaker 5: Well, in reference to playing the game, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has already announced retaliatory tariffs on US products in response to Trump imposing tariffs on Canadian imports. And just to give you insight, here are some of the things you can expect to go up from Canada and Mexico. I'm just gonna group them all in maple syrup, beer, whiskey, lobster, eggs, beef, pork, salmon, wheat, cheese. And that's just to name a few on the CA, Mexorn mangoes.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 5: And then of course the auto industry, oil industry, and energy industry also stand to be impacted. Yeah, Canadian looks like we're running out of time, okay, So I'll get a little bit more into that in the next hour, and we'll also talk about we'll get caught up with what's going on with the plane crash, and it seems as though we've tragedy has struck again in terms of the airlines, or not so much the airlines, but air traffic, if you would. So we'll talk more about that the next hour. But these tariffs is yeah, expect to see it hockey, Yes, within the next few weeks, within within a month, they say, we should see and feel it. So we'll get more into that in the next hour though.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent, hit us up right now again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey, B, D and B.
Speaker 10: There's is Devin from Sacramento, California.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up Devin? Good morning? Get it off your chest, Mama.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 10: It's have a couple things, get off my chest. Oh, first of all, good morning, Uncle Charla is just there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, morning?
Speaker 12: Are you the morning Jess?
Speaker 10: Baby?
Speaker 13: I am good.
Speaker 10: I have a few things. Get on my test one, Uncle Charlotte. I wrote a poetry book that I want you to read. But second of all, I have a problem. I've been trying to get in for.
Speaker 13: Weeks since the fire started.
Speaker 10: I live in Sacramento, and I worked for the government and water resources previously. And just what I feel like, what you guys have been staying on the radio is not correct. I've heard a few listeners from Sokal saying that, oh, they restrict our water and dah dah da da da. California has been in a drought for years. We experienced that in northern California. I can't water my grass on certain days. I wasn't able to water my grass for years.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And then let's talk about how Trump just ordered federally to release damn water without notifying the residents or the counties who would have to be affected by that, and.
Speaker 10: That creates extreme problems for those residencies in those counties.
Speaker 2: We don't know anything about this. We listen.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm telling you this happened. I believe it was Thursday night of last week. He did an executive order to open the dams in three counties in California, and those counties were not ready. Homes and neighborhoods were flooded because of the education and his whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't understand about stuff like that.
Speaker 13: I know I can't even call a government.
Speaker 4: What I don't understand about stuff like that is where are the checks and balances? Because even if the president ordered something, there was no.
Speaker 10: Text and balances, Uncle Charlotte, because he said, I'm the president, I'm doing a federal order, opened the dam.
Speaker 2: If you're somebody who actually senator.
Speaker 10: But I did say, this is not okay. You did not give accurate time for the residents or the counties to respond, or for the appropriate agencies to respond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what I understand.
Speaker 4: What do federal officials if federal officials know that what he's about to do is going to cause harm the people.
Speaker 2: Why do they still do it?
Speaker 4: Why would they be complicit in knowing that what he's doing is wrong?
Speaker 2: Like I don't.
Speaker 10: That's so what I heard is they got a two hours notice, two hours off during not office time. You cannot alert everybody. That's great, That's what I'm saying. And I understand you blame Democrats for a lot of what's going on, but a lot of what's going on is unprecedented, and you cannot blame the officials for wanting to go through the proper channels.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I definitely know.
Speaker 4: I definitely blame Democrats for what's going on because it's Democrats cowardice that got us in this situation to begin with.
Speaker 10: Now I understand that, but now government officials who don't have the powers, we're not in the remigency. Our Senate representatives, who for example, represent these counties, they didn't have a response time.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 10: Senator Padilla was very vocal about this. This is what I heard on my local news for the past four days.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, well, thank you for checking in and give us a call, Mama, and again, you know, we hope that you guys are getting the water and they could figure that that situation now, because it just seems nasty that you guys have not been able to water grass for.
Speaker 3: Over a year and you're having such a water problem.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Right right, ray Yo, Charlat mac nasy, what up are we lost?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 11: Get on the phone right now. He will tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this man?
Speaker 13: This Isami from the camp. How you doing? DJ? Justelarians. Today is my twenty first birthday.
Speaker 12: I'm glad.
Speaker 13: I'm glad to be in the number today.
Speaker 4: Congratulations. A lot of people woke up dad man, so I'm happy that you woke up one.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm grateful to be in the number.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 13: I'm a communication student at Fabel State University.
Speaker 2: That's right, you know.
Speaker 13: I'm glad to see another year.
Speaker 2: What you want to do when you graduate?
Speaker 13: I want to be a sports or entertainment reporter. Okay, Yeah, that's my ulto. They go, Yeah, either a radio or television Tarla. Maybe you met before I met you over the summer.
Speaker 2: I remember your book in New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember because you came up to me and you told me exactly what you just said.
Speaker 2: Every time he calls, he says, so we know who you are. That's what I remember.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So I really appreciate it. How'dy How you doing? How's your baby?
Speaker 5: I'm good, she's great. Thank you for asking. Happy birthday life.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much. I appreciate y'all all.
Speaker 2: I can't have a good Keep working, bro, keep growing. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 2: Can you get it off your chest?
Speaker 10: I'm I'm just I'm calling and hike to you guys. I'm glad they finally giving Chris Brown his flowers.
Speaker 3: Yes, girl, still flat falling for a long time. Yes, they're happy about it too. They're just saying anything but thanks.
Speaker 1: Happy Chris, Chris wander Graham. I think it's been twelve years, so congrats.
Speaker 2: I'm happy Chris wander Grammy.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting there trying to figure out, you know, where it was Chris, you know, for that Quincy Jones performance. He should have been doing the Michael Jackons all love the Janelle Monnet. Yeah, but I know I ain't seen Michael Jackson do ninety percent of that stuff she was doing.
Speaker 10: You know, My thing was when I saw his documentary, I felt like, if you passed, you get one back.
Speaker 13: So a lot of people didn't sit well with that.
Speaker 5: But you know, what, did you say, if she passed, she deserved one back?
Speaker 2: No? What No?
Speaker 4: If you passed the lick, she if she passed the lick, then she deserved one back.
Speaker 2: No, I highly disagree with that.
Speaker 4: If she passed the link, you should run, as a man, egg off another direction, go to the opposite way.
Speaker 3: Well, johnathan A just tried that. That ain't even work.
Speaker 4: Means you're right, But I still would take that over those definitely alternative. Hello, who's this's d What's going on in the A four three this morning?
Speaker 9: Ain't not much pick my daughters for school by to take it to the bus stop, But I gotta I got something to say to America. The left lane is a fast lane, guys. Okay, okay, left lane is a fast lane.
Speaker 2: You have to blow the horn. You have to blow the horn at somebody this morning. Every day.
Speaker 13: I don't know what's going on in America, but the left lane is a fast place.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I have a good one.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, you can hit us up now. We got rooms on the way.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yo.
Speaker 5: We gotta talk about Kendrick Sweet, we gotta talk about Tayler's screaming a minor. We gotta talk about Beyonce winning, Kanye West wife was It's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's the best Grammys I've seen it, very entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we'll get into all that friendly. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: All right, good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's d J n V, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 2: Us this real.
Speaker 3: Hilarian's jes carrobbing Moore.
Speaker 8: Just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 14: Talk.
Speaker 3: Nobody talk the space world.
Speaker 2: Which Jess worldwise man talk to on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 16: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 17: Could get you to see.
Speaker 6: This time to set it off.
Speaker 5: So it's a lot going on last night, but the Grammys was like the biggest talk and it was a lot. You're gonna break this down for Lauren.
Speaker 18: Yes, yes, yes, yes, So okay, we're gonna starve with the carpet first, right, So people started pulling up to the Grammys last night.
Speaker 17: Kanye West and his wife Bianka made an appearance. She was naked.
Speaker 18: She I don't seer, but it was kind of naked, completely see through, with nothing under it whatsoever.
Speaker 17: He did not go into the show.
Speaker 18: There were reports that he went into the show and then because of her outfit, they were escorted out, but those reports were debunked.
Speaker 3: That is not true.
Speaker 17: He just walked the carpet. They got in their car and they did.
Speaker 2: You could see a snatch like she was naked, like it was.
Speaker 17: It was nothing.
Speaker 4: There another moment that it's interesting, Kanye claims to be so anti industry, but damn he loved to be around it.
Speaker 5: Nobody was doing that was for a moment. He didn't plan even going. He knew he wasn't gonna make it in.
Speaker 17: She had on her fur coat and then she turned around dropped the coat.
Speaker 18: It was like, oh okay, welcome another moment that happened on a carpet Babyface. So Babyface was doing an interview.
Speaker 3: Oh it's crazy.
Speaker 18: Babyface was doing an interview with the ap Associated Press, and let's take a listen to the moment where they completely cut him off in the interview.
Speaker 19: Can you talk about just it's a new trend that we're seeing in R and B where we're seeing more of a fusion.
Speaker 2: We're seeing people blend.
Speaker 20: The genre with pop, blend the genre with hip hop.
Speaker 17: And rock as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's interesting.
Speaker 4: Chapel Chapel.
Speaker 6: Go through that.
Speaker 2: Jesus, he's still baby Face. He still woke up baby Faith.
Speaker 5: This morning period and she had kid you feel me obviously like she's not not a kid, but like she's so discon like she's not connected to that culture. She she saw that that star because I think that started she called the what was the name of the chapel run. Yeah, that person won a Grammy too, that person you know, baby you know that person?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know it's.
Speaker 3: Baby Face, Like she know by.
Speaker 5: The way, but wait, she apologized. She was like, uh when she came back and she was like, I'm a fan of baby Face.
Speaker 17: Trying we got the audio.
Speaker 21: First, I wanted to say that I'm really sorry about interrupting Babyface. Earlier chapel roone had come up and there was a lot of commotion as there is on these carpets, but I'm a big Babyface fan and as our be all, and so I just wanted to say that that I really apologize, but thank you so much for having me you guys, it's been great.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing too.
Speaker 18: So it was three of them, some other guys. There was another girl and it was the girl who cut off Babyface. The girl, the second girl in the midst of that apology was like, I'm so sorry I had to be a part of that, but yeah, things happened like basically, girl, I tried to tell you that was Babyface like and you were just so high, but someone whispered in her ear she should have walked around Babyface.
Speaker 1: And what God, I will say this, when you do those red carpets, right, they if a bigger artist does come up, or an artist that they think is bigger, they try to get that biggest artist in before they walk past.
Speaker 2: It happens all the times.
Speaker 6: But as you as.
Speaker 1: Somebody doing the interview. You have to know to wrap it up and close like they did so much the face good luck and let them wrangle the other what happens all the time? That was But you don't disrespect nobody, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then know who you are. I'm telling you, I just don't think that she knew how big he is. Like she's a d e.
Speaker 5: I like, at least train these mon I mean, you know, chain these people. Who was gonna be at the car?
Speaker 2: But she looked young.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 17: You, But so baby Face.
Speaker 18: Said, the best part of the night was reconnected with old friends and meeting new artists and feeling all the love and a room. That's what I remember. That's what's really about. Music is bigger than any moment. Much love to everyone who won and everyone out there making great music. Basically, I'm still baby Face at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: But can I just say this was last day.
Speaker 1: If I'm interviewing the Chappelle girl whatever her name is, right, and I see baby Face walking, I'm gonna grab baby Face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as you should.
Speaker 17: But culturally is different for you.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 18: Now moving on over to the show, So big night. Trevor Noah hosted the sixty seventh Annual Grammy Awards. Billy Eilish opened the show. Kendrick Lamar took it home. When I say sweet, I mean sweet. He even had Taylor Swift in there doing the sweep as well too, like it was a huge night for him. He took on five Grammy's Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Rap Performance, Best Rap Song, Best Music Video.
Speaker 17: Let's take a listen to him accepting one of those words.
Speaker 19: Somebody get the broom outright to h not like us winning in the video Crip Walk and we gonna dedicate that one.
Speaker 2: He's you gonna jay like him walk. All the West Coast artists.
Speaker 19: Man Early early on g Malone, Legend, Problem, bad Luck, k Boy, Daylight, Mike stro he used to catch that inspired me to be the MC I am today, school Boy Jay Rock app So this is this is what is about man, because at the end of the day, nothing more powerful than rap music. I don't care what it is, we are the culture. It's gonna always stay here and live forever. And to the young artists like my man Punch say, I just hope you respect the art form. That's all respect art form, get you where you need to go. All right, salute, I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Love y'allblues mother Kindrickle.
Speaker 4: He shouted out glasses alone at the Grammy's problem with the Grammys. The thing I like about Kendrick in this moment, it's like he's having a career year.
Speaker 2: What he just brought it back to the soil. He just bought it back to. That's it to what is? Come on man, Come on man now.
Speaker 18: Another big part of the Kendrick Lamar acceptance speeches was the way that the crowd reacted. So when he won his first award and they dropped not like us as he was walking up. There's a video and they pinned the crowd. You see Beyonce turning up blue Ivy tailor Swift. Everybody is literally screaming a minor we have that as well to one of the biggest songs. Now, they also ran into Drake's dad outside of the award show after all of this, Yes, they ran into Drake's dad.
Speaker 17: But let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: What do you think about Kendrick Lamar not like us skiing Record of the Year. I don't care nothing about that. I don't I feel.
Speaker 8: I think the question about the beef, because he did say.
Speaker 4: You know, I told you, I told you leave that Belottle, but that little Lamar boy alone, didn't I tell you them little boyfriend contemplate different?
Speaker 2: Didn't I tell you that boy? Your dad?
Speaker 3: Great, we got we got some more.
Speaker 17: We got some more history and big moments.
Speaker 22: We do.
Speaker 18: Gotta get to Beyonce because she finally won her Album of the Year, so we'll bring that back at the top of that.
Speaker 2: And then Chris.
Speaker 5: Brown won Best R and B Album eleven eleven, and then My Girl she won Best Rap Album.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it.
Speaker 17: We gotta come on, we gotta come on back. We got we got some more stuff here for y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, all right, we'll get to that next. Now when we come back.
Speaker 1: We got Front Page News, and then Jason Wilson will be joining us. He has a new book, rights Shatto, Yes he does.
Speaker 4: It's called The Man, The Moment Demands Master, The Ten Characteristics of the Comprehensive Man.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Come on, you're checking out the Breakfast Club morning. Everybody's n j n V. Just HILARI and Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's getting some front page news. I saw him with some quick sports, not the Pro Bowl, NFL seventy six six three to NFC one. But also we got to congratulate Clarissa Shields. She went over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Great fight I watched. I love watching Clarissa get busy.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 2: She was fighting Danielle Perkins.
Speaker 3: I think daniel Perkins.
Speaker 4: And Danielle's not no young no little girl, and she's not no young woman. She's like forty two years old. Yeah, Danielle was brolly, big, rolly easy, and Clarissa broke her down or practiced the n water and.
Speaker 2: Dropped it to her knees. Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: And also, if you haven't heard, the Lakers and the MAVs did a deal which put Luca on the Lakers and Anthony Davis to Dallas.
Speaker 4: I just want to know what do the Mavericks know about Luca that we have not found out yet. I don't know, like they know something about Luca that.
Speaker 6: We don't know.
Speaker 2: But there's no reason the trade of once.
Speaker 4: In a lifetime generational talent like Luca, and he just took you all to the finals.
Speaker 2: Last just took it to the final. It makes no sense, but I mean, we'll find out more. What's up again?
Speaker 5: What's up Envy, Charlamagne and Jeff. You know, there's a lot of things that don't make sense, but you know, we're going to get into that. Speaking of which, Trump is putting tariffs on Canada, Mexico, and China, twenty five percent on Canada and Mexico and ten percent on China. Canada's ambassador to the US here's Stin Hillman. She told ABC's This Week if the two countries are unable to reach an agreement, Canada will place a twenty five percent tariff on US goods. She also expressed that the Canadian people are confused by President Trump's actions. Let's hear more from Canadian Ambassador to the US Krestin Hillman.
Speaker 24: This is not something that Canada wants to do. This is not a path that we are interested in going down. We are actually interested in being and continuing to be your best customer. We will be implementing twenty five percent tariffs on US products. We will go up to one hundred billion US dollars worth of products. Canadians are perplexed I think disappointed. We view ourselves as your neighbor, your closest friend.
Speaker 5: Your ally.
Speaker 4: You know, just from care end of the alone Morgan, you got your eggs, your beef, your pork, your salmon, your cheese, yourtato, your syrup, your whiskey, your bare canola oil.
Speaker 3: Yes, lobsters, we love love Sam And that's it because I get that every day.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying. And now all five sitting.
Speaker 5: Effective immediately on those things, everything from China excuse me, China, Canada, and Mexico already in effect, with more tariffs on the way later this month. Keeping in mind that domestic and foreign automakers will also feel the impact. They're talking about that at the Detroit Regional Chamber and it's Mitch Auto affiliate Saint tariffs will have a detrimental effect on our automotive industry in Michigan and the Great Lakes region. Moving on, we're learning more about the crash out of Washington, DC. Federal officials say they're analyzing the black boxes recovered from the mid air collision near DC last week. Bryce Banding with the National Transportation Safety Board says they're working to transcribe being hirty of the data to get a clearer picture of the crash after hearing the audio from the black box. Now this comes as there was another plane crash that happened over the weekend in Philadelphia on Friday night. Seven people are dead and nineteen others were injured after a medical transport jet plummeted to the ground shortly after takeoff. All of those on board the plane were Mexican nationals. Now todd Enman with the NTSB says both black boxes were recovered from both of those accidents and they're working hard to find the cause of the DC crash and addition to what happened in Philadelphia on Friday night, he went on to say the tower was well staffed as well at the time of the crash at Reagan National Airport. Let's hear more from todd Enman with the NTSB.
Speaker 6: Know this.
Speaker 7: We will find out what happened in both of those accidents, we'll make recommendations, and we will attempt to never have to deal with those type of accidents again. At the time of the accident, there were five controllers in the Air Traffic Control Tower CAB at DCA, so at.
Speaker 5: Last check, I believe fifty five of the sixty seven victims happened recovered from the Potomac River. Officials are confident they will be able to locate the remaining victims. Now, the Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy he's calling for changes in air traffic control following these disasters.
Speaker 23: Now.
Speaker 5: Speaking to CNN State of the Union, Duffy said the country's air traffic control practices are outdated and need to be updated, saying they haven't been updated since World War Two. Now, he said officials haven't determined the causes of the Washington, DC and Philadelphia plane crashes as of yet, but the FAA will work to see what's happening with those incidents. He also addressed the shortage of air traffic controllers that's plagued the country in recent years, penning much of the blame on the COVID nineteen pandemic. Despite all that rhetoric, though, he again admitted that we won't know the full story until the National Transportation Safety Board finishes their investigation. He does want Americans to feel safe when flying, and he also spoke to the members of family members of those who lost loved ones. Those family members also toward the wreckage which is more than I could say for what our president has done. Moving on, I think this will be really interesting for you, Charlemagne, because you have been calling out the Democratic Party.
Speaker 17: Well, the Democratic Party has.
Speaker 3: A new leader.
Speaker 5: On Saturday, the Party of Members elected Ken Martin as the next chair of the Democratic National Committee. And his victory speech Martin called for unity among Democrats in the fight against the other side of the aisle.
Speaker 3: And his victory speech, Oh yeah, I just said that.
Speaker 5: So let's hear more from a newly appointed DNC chair, King Martin.
Speaker 2: To my fellow Democrats. We got punched in the mouth in November. There's no two ways about it.
Speaker 22: I'm running for DNC chair because it's time to get off the mat, to dust ourselves off, and to get back in this fight. A lot of people in this country right now are going to need us to walk and chew gum at the same time, meaning we're going to have to fight the extremes of Donald Trump while we make a sharpcase to families in both red states and blue states about why they should trust us with their votes. The thing is this, when the Trump agenda fails Americans, which it most certainly will, and already has we have to be there the legitimate alternative.
Speaker 15: To this chaos.
Speaker 4: He's right, but you know, Republicans are gonna fumble and Democrats don't have the team to recover it. I read so many great articles yesterday. The New York Times had an article called we have no coherent message Democrats struggle to oppose Trump. There was another article in The Guardian called why are the Democrats so spineless? Uh, there's there's there's a lot of great reads about the Democratic Party right now and that their choice for the DNC leader doesn't make me confident that they're going to assemble the team that they need to assemble to recover the inevitable fumble that Republicans are gonna gonna make.
Speaker 3: What would what would what make you confident?
Speaker 4: Something outside of the party, Like I don't feel like any of these establishment Democrats. I don't think I don't think neoliberalism is the answer to what we're seeing now.
Speaker 5: To me, Neil, we've got to find our own, well, we Democrats need to find their own Donald Trump of sorts, someone.
Speaker 4: Our young Bernie Sanders or somebody that you know is delivering that type of energy that AOC is delivering. I think I like I like those kinds. I like the messaging that opening them with delivering like right now, people like Nina Turner. You know that's what That's what I'm that's what I'm interested in right now.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, interesting, all right, all right?
Speaker 5: You know, hey, y'all, y'all start having the conversations we got four years I don't know. Well, that's your front page news. I'm Morgan. Would follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, down with the ree iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi in news dot com. Have a wonderful week, Happy Monday, thank you, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you. Now, when we come back, Jason Wilson will be joining us. He has a new book, right y'allo, Yes he does.
Speaker 4: It's called The Man, The Moment Demands Master, The Ten Characteristics of the Comprehensive Man. I think every brother out there should go buy it. If you got a man in your life that you love, you need to buy it for them so he.
Speaker 2: Can read it.
Speaker 4: It is a fantastic, fantastic book.
Speaker 2: Man all right, and we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Owing Everybody's dj NV Jess, Hilaria Shallaman and the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in the building, one of my favorite brothers on the planet, man brother, Jason Wilson. Welcome brother, so welcome back.
Speaker 3: I should said to meet you.
Speaker 6: I'm doing well. Bought the fluent sinus infection. I was that written like the six or seven days at the beginning of the year, couldn't work out, couldn't do anything, and just had to allow my body to heal and practice what I preach and just rest and stop allowing my life to be centered around what I got to do.
Speaker 4: You know, but your new book is called The Man, The Moment Demands Mastered the ten Characteristics of the Comprehensive Man. So the start of the year, right start of the year. You know, that's a reset for a lot of people. When you started the year sick. Yeah, six seven days, so.
Speaker 2: It's not on the reset.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you had to be completely stead What did you realize in that moment? I realized you know that you know, as men, you know we can't keep our foot to the throttle. You know, we stay in first gear of manhood, which I call just the masculine mode, which gets us from stop to start. But if we stay in that gear, we're gonna burn the clutch out in the process. I believe I was burning my life clutch out, just working really hard on this book and other things. And so it gave me a lot of time to sit with the most high and meditate on allowing myself to just be instead of performing. And that's what so many men struggle with, just living performance based lives, and it's taking us out, you know. But they gave me time to reflect, and then, you know what's crazy. I had to beat sister be somemone, which I call it like my daughter.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 6: I had to do her podcast, and the Holy Spirit is like, I need you. You're going to be weak, but you gotta go. I got something, you gotta tell it. And so I barely could make the flight. I wanted to make sure I wasn't contagious. Went down to the podcast, brother and my sister. Within a matter of maybe twenty minutes, the interview shipped from that to her and I was able to answer one of her prayers. But if I wasn't weak, because I'm like, man, why would I get sick in this time when I need to promote this message most I was like, I needed you weak for my daughter, because if you're strong, you may not be broken enough for me to speak to you and to speak the words I need to say to her. The episode ended with us praying, and it was very powerful. But that weakness allowed me to be the man in that moment for her, you know, And a lot of times, just men, we miss those moments because we feel we have to be perpetually strong, which we know by now with research that is killing us. And so that weakness in that moment was needed, and I'm thankful that I surrendered to that so I can be the man in the moment for a bes moment.
Speaker 4: You got the book broken down into three parts, dynamic, deeper in devotion.
Speaker 2: Can you explain the difference things?
Speaker 6: But sure, the dynamic is what we as men are used to fighting. You know, of course we're used to that, and eightly it's in us to protect the problem is many of us are fighting the wrong way. I mean, think of how many intellectually gifted men who are incarcerated because they couldn't rule their emotions in the moment. The next one of course is number two, which we tend to just gravitate to, is the provider, you know, providing for our families, making sure they have the care they need, not just the money, because as we know, once you get it, it's not really fulfilling. It's what you do. What is your present since is your presence really present? You know, are you really active with your children, your wife, and your family and your community. Then I go to the leader, like many of us want to be leaders, all right, but a lot of us don't lead by example. We lead by intimidation. So I unpackt that and then we go to the deeper, which is the lover. I start with the lover characteristic because many men we believe love is sex only. And I share an intimate mama with my wife when she had we actually my wife had five miscaracters and as a result of our last one, they had to make a decision vertically on her stomach and she you know, as a woman, you become self conscious of that scar, and so the one even while we were you know, intimate, holy spirits say I want you to kiss that scar from the top of it to the bottom. And I allowed myself because I'm emotionally intelligent, and I'm a comprehensive man. Sex to me isn't a lot of men. We think about the ground and power like mma, like it's about force, but it's not always about that. It's about sensitivity and connecting. And so when I started kissing the scar, my wife started weeping and crying, and in that moment I was able to allow her to release this self consciousness, well a self conscious feeling about this scar, and I just share where she's always beautiful. But those kisses confirmed that, you know, it wasn't just words. In that moment, then I moved from the lover characteristic to the nurturer. Many of us, as men, we believe that being a nurturer is a feminine attribute first and foremost. Where you're supposed to be human, masculine and feminine are just adjectives, all right. Being masculine means you exude strength, foldness, and aggression, which we have to have. And so if I'm a nurturer, does that mean I'm feminine? No? The goal for us as humans is to be human, to exercise humanity. Many of the greatest cultures are nurturists, cattle herders, farmers, are nurturists. Any teacher, a mentor, you're a nurturer. You have to nurture to develop anything. And then from the nurture, I go to the gym. When I discovered, I unpacked chivalry. We have been misled to believe that that's a system to pander to women. It's not. It was actually a code of honor for medieval knights, warriors, and so how do we relinquish that? Then I go to unpack the alpha male myss like there is no battle between two wolves to see who will lead the wolf pack first and foremost, That study was done on wolves in captivity. What they come to realize is that the leaders, or the alphas in this pack where the male and female wolf. So in essence, in a human sense, the alphas are the husband and wife leading a family. So I tell my brothers, look, if you really want to be an alpha, get married, lead your family, build the community, and that's what it's about. So from the gentleman, I go to the friend. Many of us we say we're friends, but we don't understand really what that means. Like you say, I'll be somemone. She sacrifices her life for you, guys, you know in her time, and I give an example of the Winnie the Pool series, you know where you'll see e war clearly the press, I's still always in the bad order and the funk sad. Did his friends say you toxic, I'm gonna put up a boundary here, You're ruining my energy. No, they always accepted him for who he was because they knew he was their friend. And that's what we need now in times like this, is a friend who will endure all adversity and challenge. So from those characteristics I go to the devotion. The first is the husband. What does it look like to sacrificially love your wife and honor her the way that you want to be honored. And that's where I really take time to help men unpack their emotions and how we allow the way we were raised to prevent us from truly living from our hearts and giving it our all to our wives. You know, we stay guarded and often say, brothers, there's no freedom in the facade. And as a man been married twenty six years, because of the way I grew up, I still have to fight to hold my wife's hand in public, or to be romantic because it was like I'm dropping my guard and so that's something I'm still working to improve on. And the last two, of course, is the father. You know, I can't tell you how many times as a father I passed down the harshness of my dad onto my own daughter. And as a result of that, you know, we had to go through a lot of therapy, prayer, and a lot of i'm sorries for me to say, hey, lex I apologize for passing on to you what I got from my dad, and I make it better. And so the father is helping men learn how to parent, not from what we didn't get from my father, but give our children what we long for. And the last one I closed with the son characteristic, because that's the one that made me into a comprehensive man. I tell men all the time, if you want to become comprehensive, run to the areas in your life that make you feel. What they would say is our unmasculine emotions, this world, this society's and dire need of a man's nurturing love, our patience. What does long suffering look like from a man. So when I had to care for my mother, she needed more than a protect and provider. She needed someone who would nurture her, who would foil her nails when the caregiver couldn't paint her nails, wash her hair, watch her. And I couldn't do that the way I was. And so I end with that one because it puts men in positions where we have to be transparent.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: We got more with Jason Wilson when we come back.
Speaker 1: His new book, The Man The Moment Demands out Right Now is the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning, everybody is dej Envy, Jess, Larry Charlamage and the guy we are The Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Jason Wilson, author. He has a new book, The Man, The Moment Demands out Right Now.
Speaker 4: Jess, very intentional, like a very intentional person about which you wrote.
Speaker 3: I imagine that a lot of this was written from your personal experience, absolutely right, Okay? And would you feel like the husband part.
Speaker 5: Did all of that transpire within like the twenty six years or were you ever married before or it's.
Speaker 6: A good question. I wasn't married before, but twenty and fifteen. I think we got married in nineteen ninety eight, so in twenty fifteen, my wife and I were considering separation. Because I was only a masculine male. I could only express my emotions through hitting the table, hitting the refrigerator, raising my voice, lacking the control needed to really communicate with her. And so that's when I realized that I needed some help. That I was holding on to a lot of trauma, unresolved anger for my father, wound, the death of my both of my brothers, my best friend. I could go down the line, and I got tired of allowing that trauma to time travel and ruined my present blessings. And so the husband chapter basically it shares how I evolved, but even who I am now that it's constantly a fight. Were married, You know what I mean. You gotta make sure your heart is there. I keep a picture of my wife and my phone when she was young, during a time when she was very vulnerable, when she didn't feel things were stable in her own life, and that keeps my heart tender towards her in the moments when we may not get along. And so I also share an analogy of the crayons for men, so we can be practically have a practical understanding of how we're so limited in who we are as men, we've allowed society to define us. So I use a sixty four box of crayons as the amount of emotions women have access to will actually choose to express, because we both have access to both of them. But we as men like ourselves in the eight box of crayons, and we probably only express four. So then we get frustrated when we're communicating with our women, like, why don't you understand me? Well, my brother, she's expressing violet. All you got is purple, she's expressing lime. Now you got to grab a green and a yellow to try to meet the moment. And so I'm encouraging men like, look, I'm not telling you to relinquish your masculine attributes because then now you'll be deficient in that area. You got to be the lion and the lamb. And so what I'm telling men is to be human, express what you feel. All of us as men want to be more available, want to be more transparent, want to be more emotionally open. But we fear being admonished or impassively dismissed by those that we love, so then we go into suffering in silence, and then that leads to emotional incarceration. Then that leads to suicidal ideations, and then our wives don't even know what we were dealing with until they plan in our funerals. And so that's why I poured my heart into this book, because I mean, just recently, brother, my best close friend, called me and said, you know, for the first time he looked at his gun and thought about it. And so this is what a lot of men are going through. But when you meet him, he's smiling, it's jovial, he's happy. And so what's the saying. Don't miss the forest for the trees. I'm telling people, not just our wives, but the brothers who have friends, don't miss the struggle for the smile. Just because the brother says I'm good, I'm all right, doesn't mean that he's good and we should check on each other.
Speaker 1: I do have two questions something you said. One was you talked about your relationship with your daughter, and you said, I'm not sure the term of you was. I guess you have to apologize or change because what you learn from your father, you were teaching your daughter and you realized it was wrong.
Speaker 2: What was that my father?
Speaker 6: I had no idea at the time that He had a lot of unresolved anger from the way he was raised in the South, had to deal with a lot of racism, and he carried that back to Detroit. And I mean, I remember one time, brother, he asked me. He ran a barber shop. He asked me just simply to cut the arrow on. I accidentally cut the heat on. I think I may been ten years old. He cursed me out in front of everybody in the barbershop. That right there shattered my confidence as a man. It demeaned me, and it didn't stop there. He loved me, but he thought giving me gifts would suffice, and it didn't. I needed him to be active in my life, but he couldn't because of all the pain that he'd been through. And so what's called intergenerational trauma when you passed down what you've received. So before I knew it, this anger that he even had taught my mother. He told my mother one day they had gotten divorced, and she accidentally opened one of his letters were mailed. It came to the house. Here it is I'm going to middle school. And my mother shows me her gun and her purse, and she says, your father just called and said he's gonna do something to me because I opened this letter. So here this is a young boy trying to focus in class. I got to think about my mother's life. But that's how much anger my father had and brother. I hope my transparency free some brothers listening or watching. It's like, you know, you don't want to create a legacy of wounds. You want to fight and do whatever you can to get healed because if not, now you're going to see that same behavior and your children, then you're mad at them. And all they did was become who you were.
Speaker 4: And that's why I think apologizing to your kids is so important because that's something that you know, I feel like I never got from my father.
Speaker 2: And I always say my father raised me out of fear.
Speaker 23: And not love.
Speaker 4: And I think that's what we gotta avoid doing. We got to raise our kids out of love and not not fear, the fear of that they might end up, you know, falling it into the street. I end up if we were in the street doing the same thing that we were doing, Like, we gotta relinquish that.
Speaker 6: That's true. I call it fear based parenting. You know, my mother was that, which is I understand why she was because she just lost a son, you know, and then mother brother from my father, he was murdered, so she was terrified that I would die the same way. And because of that fear, she had checked out, you know, meaning the affirmation that you typically get from your mother, the nurturing. I didn't get that my mother loved me, like everyone who knew my mother knew she loved me. But I realized in therapy one session when the therapist asked me who would get the band aid when you got hurt, and I said I will. My mother would just tell me where it was. And in that moment, I realized, Man, this is why I'm misusing women, because I never understood the importance of having my mother, the understanding of what nurturing is, the value with the affirmation. And I unpacked the mother wound as well in that book because many of us, what we're seeking is the love for my mothers and women, and they'll never be able to match what we didn't need and it's unfair to them. And so I had to unpack all of that brother because I didn't want to transfer that on to my children. And so I've allowed myself to be more tender in that area. My son by far has the best father because I've become the embodiment of what I teach. And so to your point, year, it's absolutely important for us as parents to not be fear based, especially my son's he's driving. Now, why do I have to teach him how to get pulled over by the police? Why am I focused on that? What is that teaching him? Is that really making it better or is it making it worse when he gets pulled over? But those are the things you know, we have to teach in our community, but at the end of the day, making sure you balance that with some positive reinforcement and to teach them how to live in a moment, because when we teach our children, we got to understand we're also teaching them how to miss the moment because they're programming themselves like, Okay, if this happened, this probably gonna happen. Because that happened to dad, that happened to mom, It's probably gonna happen to me. And so in that moment, if they're not open to be able to me the moment to do what's necessary, they may fail in that moment.
Speaker 1: All we got more with Jason Wilson when we come back. His new book, Demand the Moment Demands out right now is the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good Morning.
Speaker 1: V with Jesse Laria Shallam mean m Die. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Jason Wilson. His new book Demand the Moment Demands is out right now. Earlier we were talking about how much we work. But how do you turn it off?
Speaker 13: For me?
Speaker 6: You know, I remember the concept of balance life. We hit that a lot, you know, for me, Envy, I live an imbalanced life. So the things that hold the greatest importance must always tip the scale. So we live a balanced life. Nothing truly claims priority. So for me it's my of course, the most high, my family, my calling, my health. See, when it's leveled, everything gets the same attention. So I tell people, make sure that scale always tips in favor of what matters the most. When I started living that way, and stop living from what I do, stop living from fear again, not having I unders staying that, brother, I stop worrying about those things and realizing I can only do so much man. And then what's most important is to ask yourself, why am I doing this? You know, so many of us, especially in the air of social media and everything is broadcast and content creation. It's like our lives are becoming that instead of, you know, really being authentic and it's like, no, I'm pregnant. I don't have time to do this and just let people know that. But when we allow society to say, hey, Envy, I need you to do this. You the man, You got to do this and promote this. Can you go here in your life feels like it's not worth living, you know, and often tell man, you're not tired of living, You're tired of not living. And the same thing with our women. So many of our sisters have to be so strong that they can't even be human either. They can't cry. They gotta work, Am I right? And so as even for them, I'm like, man, I hope we never lose a woman's empathy and love. This world is over when she has to become and hide behind the facade, we can forget about it. And so, you know, my freedom started when I started prioritizing what mattered the most everything else. I let it, you know, in where it may. But my identity is first and the most high in Christ. After that, man, my information come from my home man, and so if I could, if I could shut down now I'm cool. I was. I was sad when COVID was over because that meant I had to go back to the norm. I couldn't be with my family till day. You see what I'm saying, And so I just tell people to live from that. Make sure that don't live a balance life. Make sure the skill always tips in favor of what you love and matters the most.
Speaker 5: You seem to like you've done the self work, like to play all of these roles, the husband, the son, the father, But you're you know, you're still not perfect and you still can fall short at times as well. What happens when, like you know, if you're mad as a dad one day and you react the wrong way. Is it ever a point where the husband has to talk to the husband you are have to speak to the father, or you have to relate to your kids on a sun level because you're somebody's son. Do you ever merge the roles to you know what I'm saying, Like pull from different places can always.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with you, you know absolutely, I'm of between all of them. Again, I remember the Mental Wealth Expo when the brother asked me, how do you define a man? I say, you can't, and so I have to be anything and everything at any given moment. And so to your point, Charlemagne, you know, I always reconcile. All I tell brothers, we can always make mistakes. Mistakes are great teachers. The only worst mistake is the one we don't learn from, and so I always apologize immediately. I try to reconcile and make sure that the day doesn't end with me and my children being in eyes, or even me and my wife, because it's not that deep, you know. And so yeah, even with my son, you know, when he doesn't want to talk. He's a teenager, and I'm concerned. I don't want to invade his space because he has his own life, but I want to let him know that I'm here for him. So some days I just walked to his room door and I see him laying there, maybe on his phone, and I say, son, do you mind if I just lay down in the room and read ask for his permission? He typically always says sure, Dad, and I lay down, and that opens the door to a conversation and lets him know that he's very important to me, not what I do, not who I am in society, but who I am in that home, and I prioritize that, and being the son in that moment to him is giving him what I wanted as a son. If my father would have gave me that attention, that affirmation, probably would be even further in life than I am now. And so I make sure I'm there for him in all aspects that I can.
Speaker 4: You removed the word vulnerable from the book completely.
Speaker 6: Yes, what what.
Speaker 4: Words can we use?
Speaker 2: This number one? Why did you do that? And what words can we use instead of nerable?
Speaker 6: When I discovered that when I read the dictionary, the word itself means susceptible to harm, danger, or even death. And so when you think about being in a vulnerable situation, you hear it on the news vulnerable citizens were defenseless against a gunman. No good man ever wants to be vulnerable. I don't want my wife, my children, and anyone I love in a vulnerable position. So we're trying to tell men is to be emotionally open, to be transparent with how you feel. In that way, it's a doorway to you becoming more human, becoming more of a verbal process or emotionally emotionally intelligent. And that's why I took the word out. That's why it's so hard for us as brothers to say it, because it goes against the way where were created. As men, we don't want anyone that we love to be in a vulnerable position. However, what is hindering us as men is that we're not emotionally open with those who love us, and so as a result of that, we are suffering in silence. Peace is really taking us down. And so I just encourage by being the example being transparent and emotionally open and showing my man that just because you can express how you feel doesn't mean you'll be taking advantage job. And if someone misuses your emotions, be thankful. Now you know who's in front of you and you got a decision to make.
Speaker 4: My last question, I love when you talk about, you know, your relationship with your wife. And I saw a video where you said, happy wife, happy life. Isn't about love? What is it about?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, it never was a term of endearment.
Speaker 2: We know that as men.
Speaker 6: It was a way you know what was it saying? You know, give her what she want, keep her mouth shut, so you can have peace, all right, And now women are realizing this is not a happy life for neither of us, and so call it a misleading mantra. Brother, And it's another one too, if you're out with your wife. This happened to me a few times. I'm addressed as the lesser half and she's the better half. So I had no idea until I was meeting with psychologists, well no a psychotherapist, of what that does to a man's mind, that you are the lesser half, and the resentment that silently builds within your heart. And so my wife and I vowed not to use that mantra. Ever, so when stare Nicole and I say happy houses, happy spouse. And it takes for both of us to meet the moment in marriage together, every moment, we're always willing to cross the line. If she's not doing well mental and emotionally, I have to cross the line. If I'm falling short, like you were saying, Jess, she crosses the line. And that's why our marriage is. We call it a beautiful struggle. We're pushing through. We won't give up on each other. And the biggest game changer was when we both decided that we know we're not intentionally hurting each other. There has to be just some miscommunication and let's be patient and work through it. And we're going on twenty seven years this year and thirty three years together. Wow yeah, thank you brother.
Speaker 3: Well let you have it.
Speaker 2: Pick up the new book out now.
Speaker 4: Jason Cat, Daddy Wilson, Okay, Daddy's Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Everybody's tej Envy, Jess, Hilaria Charlamagne, the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Jess with the message us as real.
Speaker 12: Whether it's her line is just a robber.
Speaker 8: Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do that time talk.
Speaker 2: Talk those space world Why Jeff Worldwide Master talk to on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 16: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 3: Could get you to see the time to set it off.
Speaker 5: So it was a lot of things that we didn't get to because this is this was the most entertaining Grammys that I've seen.
Speaker 17: When didn't you get to Beyonce number one? It was a lot, but Beyonce number one.
Speaker 3: Being so happy for her.
Speaker 17: She finally took.
Speaker 18: Home Album of the Year for Cowboy Carter. She's the first black woman to win that in the twentieth century. Last person was Laurence Hill twenty six years ago. And you know, she's been up for Album of the Year four times and didn't win this category. So it was like a big deal.
Speaker 17: And she thinked Linda Martell, let's say a listen to Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Wow, I really was not expecting this.
Speaker 23: I want to thank God, oh my God, that I'm able to still do what I love after so many years. I like to thank all of the incredible country artists that accepted this this album. We worked so hard on it. I think sometimes genre is a cold word to keep us in our place as artists, and I just want to encourage people to do what they're passionate about, to say, stay persistent.
Speaker 3: I know all the anti d I'm just saying, she's so graceful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know all the anti DEI folks lost their damn mind last thing watching watching that black woman win the best Country Album of the Year and album.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Anti DI is hilarious.
Speaker 2: She just announced her Cowboy cardator too.
Speaker 17: Yep, Cowboy Carter tour.
Speaker 18: She announced sent prior to the show, so people been getting their coins ready, but she was like she was genuinely shocked. You said, she's so graceful, Like honestly, last night I felt like she could. You know, people say, oh, they know, that's why they go. I don't think she knew. Even Blue Ivy in the video when she won the first award, she was like, get up, get up, like she didn't.
Speaker 8: Even know what to do.
Speaker 4: She looked real surprise and not fake surprise like Taylor Swift. You looking and I love the fact that Taylor Swift had to get rid of the award.
Speaker 2: That was amazing.
Speaker 23: I love you.
Speaker 17: I loved it.
Speaker 18: Also, last night, Dochi won Best Rap Album. She's a third woman ever to win, behind Lauren Hill and Cardi B. Let's say listen to Dochi.
Speaker 25: This category was introduced in nineteen eighty nine and two women have won. Three women have won, Lauren Hill, Cardi B, and Doci.
Speaker 8: I put my heart and my soul into this mixtape.
Speaker 17: I went through so much.
Speaker 18: I dedicated myself to sobriety, and God told me that I would.
Speaker 8: Be rewarded and that he would show me just how good it can get.
Speaker 25: Thank you so much to my label TDE and everybody that helped put this together, all the producers on the project, I thank you. I know that there is some black girl out there, so many black women out there that are watching me right now, and I'll want.
Speaker 3: To tell you you can do it. Anything is possible.
Speaker 2: Congratulation.
Speaker 4: TD is the best West Coast record label of all time. Who want to argue, I'm down for the debate.
Speaker 17: Nobody to argue with that right now.
Speaker 2: I know folks.
Speaker 4: Will want to say death Row, but TD is more diverse than death Row. And you think about the artist Jay Rock. He's been platting them a few times and he got a Grammy. Kendrick Lamar is a superstar, and at this point you got him in the greatest rapper of all time Conversations Scissors, a bona fide superstar.
Speaker 2: So West was number one.
Speaker 4: For ten weeks, gross to over one hundred million on her tour, multiple Grammys, hit movie. Then you got the gold artists like Schoolboy Q and Sir. You got artists like ab Soul and Isaiah Schatt, and they twenty years in still creating new stars.
Speaker 2: Like Doci know you've.
Speaker 18: She loved that, like they had to take a moment just to pin to the crowd to see people's reaction to her performance.
Speaker 17: Billy Otis couldn't believe it. She was like, oh my gosh, she killed it so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's killed it.
Speaker 4: And TD's run has been longer. Death Row's run was only for really. Yeah, it was a lot, which is very It was just very impactful. And he just celebrated twenty last year. Greatest West Coast record label of all time.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's a link for them.
Speaker 23: Well.
Speaker 18: Next Chris Brown, Period Talk Talk. Chris Brown won Best R and B Album. This is his second Grammy win in twenty years. He took that home for eleven AM. Should be more, shouldn't it. But yeah, you had people, We got people. There were some people excited, there were some people that you know, it was whatever. He won the Grammy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Rhapsody also took home a Grammy for the Best Melodic Rat Performance for three AM with aer Kabad Big Rat. I was so excited to see that for her. I excited to see her on the carpet as well, till she looked amazing. Alicia Keys accepted the Doctor J Global Impact Award presented by Queen Latifa, and she actually talked about de I on the stage or take a listen to Alicia Keys.
Speaker 26: This is not the time to shut down the diversity of voices. We just seeing on this stage talented, hard working people from different backgrounds, with different points.
Speaker 3: Of view, and it changes the game.
Speaker 8: DEI is not a threat, it's a gift.
Speaker 3: And the more voices, the more powerful the sounds.
Speaker 26: When destructive forces try to burn us down, we rise from the ashes like a phoenix. And as you see tonight, music is the unstoppable language that connects us all.
Speaker 3: It's so beautiful.
Speaker 18: And then speaking of diversity, and you know, the Grimace has had some issues in the past, one of them being The Weekend. Remember the Weekend called out the Grammys back in twenty twenty one because he said that like the voting process and things like that don't make any sense and don't represent real artists. Well, last night, the Weekend made his return to the Grammy stage after saying he was boycotted, and then he performed. They actually introed him and addressed the beef and said, look, we figured it out, so they try to move forward now. And he also did a tribute to Quincy Jones by Will Smith Last Night, and the whole show itself was dedicated to the LA Fires of course, because they had to make that shift after everything happened arena, and they raised money in real time, like corporations were giving money. The people that were attending the celebrities you watch and could give money. They also took some commercial space which is very expensive to buy doing something like the Grammys, and and gave time to local LA businesses to showcase their businesses, like and they put them with celebrities. So like Doci was lined up with like a floral company, Charlie Poof was lined up with a.
Speaker 2: Art company.
Speaker 17: Yeah, like it was. It was dope, it was fire, it was a great name.
Speaker 2: That was a good Grimmy that must commercial was fired to hines An't waste no.
Speaker 3: Time, yo, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That's very small.
Speaker 17: I was like, yo, is this newer?
Speaker 23: Do he been have this?
Speaker 17: Because they should have been did this?
Speaker 4: But the timing was epic, you mean been This album just came out in the symbol.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but Mustard d Jon like the branding should have been there.
Speaker 5: But I get it.
Speaker 3: Now's the time, Yeah, November, some more of those something coming up.
Speaker 4: I think what we learned from the Grammys this year is just do you like truly do you. Don't do what's popular, and don't do what people think you should be doing. Don't make the art the label wants you to make, don't do things for radio.
Speaker 6: Just do what you want to do.
Speaker 4: That's it and you will be rewarded for it. And everybody you saw that only does them.
Speaker 17: Gen X came out on my birthday. No remember twenty seconds. Remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a great show, the first time I enjoyed a Grammy Award show in a long time.
Speaker 2: You too.
Speaker 3: I watched it to the end.
Speaker 17: I've been watching people.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I still front I fell asleep close to the end, but I did.
Speaker 1: I did enjoy it. I enjoyed all the artists too, the pop artists and the new artists. I love seeing, of course our artists. But Teddy Swims killed it last night. She killed the last night, She booze, he killed the last night, Bruno more.
Speaker 3: It was just a dope And the Grammys are boring.
Speaker 2: That's very boring.
Speaker 3: So you'll and then you find yourself doing something else, you know what I mean. But it was it was entertaining. It was entertaining, you know why.
Speaker 4: It was so good because of us, all of the diversity, all of the inclusion South Trump gonna sign somewhere they can't do them.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that was just with the mess.
Speaker 1: If you seen the Grammys last night, let's discuss eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 4: What you thought.
Speaker 2: But uh, we got Donkey Day coming up next. Yes, and this is the reason.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, this is a reason Trump might use this as a reason why DEI is terrible. We need Nico Harrison, the general manager of the Dallas Mavericks, to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: We'd like to have a word with him.
Speaker 1: Please, all right, And when we come back, like I said, we're gonna open up the phone lines. You've seen the Grammys last night. What were your thoughts the performances, the winners, Let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast Club. Don't be out here at there like a donkey.
Speaker 6: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 2: I'm a big boy. I could take it if he feel out deserve it ain't no big deal, I.
Speaker 3: Know, Charlottage God honestly say out his smile.
Speaker 2: You've got to say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I'm mean who's getting that donk?
Speaker 8: That donkey that don't don't don't don't donk the.
Speaker 2: Other day right here to the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Bitch, you can call the donkeys of the day, But like I mean, no harm.
Speaker 4: Yes, donkey to the day from Monday, February third, Go to Dallas Mavericks general manager Nico Harrison. If you haven't heard, the Dallas Mavericks traded.
Speaker 2: Luka don Chicks. How you pronounce his name Donks donchik Luca? Okay, Luca is twenty.
Speaker 4: Five years old. He was Rookie of the Year. He's been to the All Star Game five times.
Speaker 6: He led the league in scoring last year, averaging over thirty three game, and he took the Map to the NBA Finals last year. He's a franchise player, okay, the type of player you build around.
Speaker 4: But Nico Harrison doesn't seem to think so. So Luca was traded to the Dallas Mavericks. I mean, to the Los Angeles Lakers. But Anthony Davis, who's no slouches damn self. Okay, he's got a career average at twenty four and ten nine time All Star for a time All NBA First Team, two time All NBA Defensive Team, but he gets hurts a lot, and he thirty one years old. Okay, look, I could be totally premature with this, he hall, because I believe Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving are gonna be great in Dallas. But some things make sense and some things don't make sense to me, and Luca being traded from Dallas to the Lakers doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Let's go to ESPN News for the report.
Speaker 27: Polease, this is maybe the most stunning trade definitely that I've been a part of in recent NBA history, as far as it was never clearly out there, and I'm told Luka Doncic, Anthony Davis, Lebron James, the players, coaches, a lot of people on both sides with the Mavericks and Lakers had no idea.
Speaker 3: I can assuredly tell you it's a fact.
Speaker 27: Lebron James had no idea this was coming. Anthony Davis had no idea this was coming until Luka Doncich is still stunned about this trade. But when you look at the totality of what just occurred. Luka Doncic is a twenty five year old, Like you said, Megastar, you know Perennial All NBA player. He's someone that you think of as untouchable, as a guy that's never going to be traded. I'm told that the Mavericks actually approached the Lakers and offered Luka dantic a few days ago in a trade. Very recently. The Mavericks went out, they knew exactly who they wanted. They wanted Anthony Davis. That's the player that if they were ever gonna trade Luca Dantije. This was even a thought that was gonna cross their mind.
Speaker 4: It was four a d Just when I thought no sports organization in Dallas could make worse decisions than my cowboys. Here come the maths. Okay, now Dallas must know something about Luca that we don't. Reports are that Luca's weight went up to two hundred and seventy pounds. But you mean to tell me that Luca got traded because he gained too much weight. But Zion Van Dross is still a Pelican. Now, I got nothing love, I got nothing but love for nine Williamson. Okay, South Carolina all day. But nobody's weight has fluctuated more since the Architect, never too much. So you're not gonna make me believe that Luca got traded because of his weight. When a generational player like Luca gains weight, you don't trade him. You get him a trainer and a nutrition.
Speaker 2: Is simple. How do you go from thirty three.
Speaker 4: A game and an NBA Finals appearance last year to twenty eight, eight and seven this year that all of a sudden your team saying they don't want you because you're fat. In fact, Miko Harrison said the reason they made the trader was because they want to win now and weren't thinking about ten years from now.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think the.
Speaker 28: Long term is the time frame. I think he fits our time frame. If you pair him with Kyrie and the rest of the guys, he fits right along with our time frame to win now and win.
Speaker 6: In the future.
Speaker 28: And the future to me is three four years from now, in the future ten years from now, I don't know. I don't think they probably burying me and Jay Budden or we bear ourselves.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think you might have buried yourself, Nicole. He went to the NBA Finals last year. Okay, He's twenty five. Give him and Kyrie some time to cooks around him with more talent. Okay, how is the GM? Are you not thinking ten years down the road? This guy Luca is going to be a superstar for a long long time unless you know something we don't. Okay, Nico said the contract was a factor too.
Speaker 2: Let's listen.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I think it wasn't really like a point. I think it was how do we make our team better? You know, there's some unique things about his contract that we had to pay attention to. You know, there's other teams that were loading up.
Speaker 6: You know that he was going to have.
Speaker 28: He was gonna be able to decide to make his own decision at some point of whether he wants to be here or not, whether we want a super maxim or not, or whether he wants to opt out. So I think we had to take all that into consideration and feel like we got out in front of what could have been in tromultuous summer.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me Jokim not gonna get a super Max when it's his time. Jason Tatum signed the Supermax. Okay, you surround Luca with the right talent so he doesn't want to leave. I don't know, man, I think that this board to this story. Okay, who's lady in the Mavericks organization? Did Luca knock off? All right? Did you find out he's a serial killer in the Slovenia? All right, somebody tell me something that makes sense, because I refuse to believe the basketball gods loved the Lakers this much.
Speaker 2: Okay, well maybe they do.
Speaker 4: I've been alive along a long time, long enough to see the Lakers do this quite a few times. From Kareem abdu Jabari Shaquille O'Neil to Paul Gasol to Lebron James. The trades that have been vetoed like Chris Paul, they always tend to get one that makes you scratch your head, like how they pull that off? And really, I would like to know how did they pull that off? Okay, Nico, you got a piece like Luca and you didn't even think the shop it. You want us to buy that you are thinking about winning a championship in the next three to four years, but you didn't even put Luca on the open market to see what other deals were available. I'm sure that there was better deals out there. Okay, I'm telling you right now. If this don't work, Donald Trump is gonna use you, Nico, as an example as to why DEI is ruining corporate America. I've never seen anything like this, And now, because Luca has been traded, he is ineligible for the three hundred and forty five million dollars super Max contract that he was sure to sign. By the way, I don't think that's fair because it's not performance based. Luca earned that money because of what he does on the basketball court. He shouldn't have to leave hundreds of millions of dollars on the table because executives made what I believe to be a poor decision. But I only feel as poor because I don't have all the information. If it is because of his weight, then Luca needs to sue for weight discrimination. Okay, if Big Dank sue Lift, Big Dunk should be able to sue the mass that's all I got. Please give general manager Nico Harrison the biggest he hulled.
Speaker 3: I'm playing with Big Dan.
Speaker 4: What you mean?
Speaker 2: That's for real?
Speaker 4: If Big Dank and sue left for wait discrimination, how come Big Dunk can't.
Speaker 2: Sue the Maps Gotta be more to that stands the man knocks off somebody, girl or something in the organization. Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was acting frustrated like he didn't want to resign, so they figured they trade him before he.
Speaker 2: Just opt out.
Speaker 3: It gotta be more to that situation a year from now.
Speaker 2: Right next year, I thought, right, gotta be more to that. Get rid of no Luca Dunkys like that. And people always ask about the no trade clause.
Speaker 1: I think there's only ten NBA players with a no trade clause ever in their contract. Uh, and just the number it was, David Robinson, John Stock and Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett.
Speaker 3: Dirk Dwayne Wade, Lebron Carmela, and Bradley.
Speaker 4: Kevin still ended up getting traded. Oh wow, Kevin, I got traded a few time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he had to approve it. You get traded, but you just got approved that.
Speaker 4: I just refuse to believe that they got rid of Luca because he's like chocolate cupkicks and milk cream pots.
Speaker 2: I just don't I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: So you can do that, you're gonna like you can go against them if they tried.
Speaker 1: Because you could sign a new trade clause where you won't get traded unless you have to approve the trade.
Speaker 2: So if you don't want, gotta leave. But they don't get that.
Speaker 4: Too many plays okay, wow, So it's just like sleeve like you want if you take this nigga.
Speaker 1: The fact that they come together and pick their own teams and people like well, it's not fair. Well, the coaches and management could trade him any any given.
Speaker 4: Point and they have to go with And the fact that hundreds of millions of dollars he's gonna lose now because it's ineligible for the supermax beans.
Speaker 2: He got traded as if it's his faulty, his trub.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, Well, thank you for that donkey Today.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Last night was the Grammys. Did you see it? This is the first time I was entertaining. I really enjoyed it in years. What did you What were your thoughts about performances? What we topped the bottom? I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: You five five five signed an executive motor about this?
Speaker 2: Why would you?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Top the bottom?
Speaker 29: The bottom?
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. From the pre show to the end when Beyonce one Album of the Year.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the pre show, watching the Homie Zouri Hall on the Red Carpet interview people they came.
Speaker 3: Begin in the end that top the bottom man.
Speaker 2: We talk about from the root to the two Kinky bro you can't all right? Call us up now. It's the Breakfast Club the Morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 20: Call eight hundred and five A five one O five one to join in to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ en Vyes Hilarious Chelamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about the Grammys last night, the twenty twenty five Grammys.
Speaker 2: I would ask you, what were your thoughts? Did you see it? Did you see the clips? Did you see it of it?
Speaker 23: I I like that.
Speaker 3: I honestly, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 5: It was emotional h doci like cause, yo, when somebody tell you like, they get their testimony, like, yo, she quit her job.
Speaker 3: She did, like and she been grinded.
Speaker 4: I know she won like then she won Best New Artists, No no, no, she was nominated for Best war She won Best Rap up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like I know, some people look at her as a new artist, but like sureld he really been She was blinding and doing this for years and years, you feel me.
Speaker 3: So it was just good to see her.
Speaker 5: Of course Chris Brown was like the highlight because I feel like he needs so much more. He's owed so much more Grammys. But it's like at the end of the day, that's that can't measure your amount of success, you know what I mean, how many Grammys you got. But he's definitely he should have been got that. I was so happy for him. And the thing I love about artists like Doci winning those awards.
Speaker 2: I hope now.
Speaker 4: Everything else catches up because radio don't play Doci like they should write, do you You know what I mean? I feel like Docie should be celebrated at a much higher level. She's like I think I checked last night the Alligator Bikes. What's it called alligator bikes?
Speaker 2: Don't hear on here?
Speaker 4: I think it's only so like over one hundred thousand copies, you know what I mean? She sold eleven thousand in the first week. So to just this's point, She's been around for a while. On Cup three years ago, right so it's like, I hope now everything catches up. I hope with day like to day, Black Radio says, you know what, we should be playing that little Black Girl, sure and heavy rotation.
Speaker 23: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the last couple of Grammars. I just don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't remember not enjoying them. And I love the fact that our artists are there. I love to see Beyonce there. I love to see Kendrick there. I love to see Teddy Swim and Shaboozie and those artists doci there and performing. It's just it was just a dope event. It happened fast. And the reason they did it, and the fact that they put so much effort into giving back to LA after dealing with the fires, the fact that they gave a lot of commercial time to look businesses to get back on their feet.
Speaker 2: I just thought. I just thought the whole Grammy Awards was.
Speaker 3: Pretty pretty dope.
Speaker 5: I it was a good show, and this is going to be for sure memorable because as you said, I don't even remember it, like none of that.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. The Last Rhapsody won a Grammy. Rhaps Carolina Bredthorn I love Rhapsody. Rhapsody has been you know, the best lyricists of the last decade whose name is not Kendrick Lamar to me.
Speaker 2: And for her to see her win the Grammy.
Speaker 4: She's been nominated before for Rapout for the years she didn't win, but to see her win last night for that three AM record with.
Speaker 2: Erkabadu, Come on, man, and I love the fact that they break.
Speaker 1: They broke down the Grammys last night and explained how the Grammys are picked and how people win. And they talked about how the Weekend said he wasn't doing the Grammys no more, and it made him change the way they did the Grammys. They got more people, more women, more black women to pick the you know, the winners, and.
Speaker 2: More black people.
Speaker 1: And before it was just like I think, like eight percent, and that was like forty percent. So I want to love the way that that was.
Speaker 2: Done as well.
Speaker 4: I also wonder how much Jay Z's speech last year in Florence and to get Beyonce that award, you know what I mean, because what he said is true. How you got the most Grammys in history but never won an Album of the Year. That makes no logical sense. You got the most Grammys ever, but have never won an Album of the Year. And I thought you got robbed of eliminade.
Speaker 5: And Beyonce is known for her body of work, her bodies of work, and nobody. Now I'm not saying nobody's really doing it, but you find that that artist is very, very seldom that you will see somebody like work hard, you produce a body of work versus just hits and just you know, dope visuals. But yeah, so yeah, that that I think what you said to your point, jay Z definitely hit something when he said that.
Speaker 2: So let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 23: Man?
Speaker 2: What you thought about the Grammys last night? Brother? No, this is DJ MV. What do you think about the Grammys last night?
Speaker 13: Brother?
Speaker 12: First, I'm a big fan of you. I watched you and your wife's podcast Facebook about the There was uh, I like, I Like, I like Chris buruh winning R and B Album of the Year, and there was kind of surprising about uh Beyonce winning the Country Album of the Year because it's never been.
Speaker 2: Done over like fifty years.
Speaker 12: So I was happy that that it was that was giving a queen bee.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Hello, who's.
Speaker 13: This good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: This is pors the g from aight them three.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the Grammy?
Speaker 13: So first of all, I just want to say I love you, bir the club.
Speaker 12: It's amazing to be able to get into this line Charlemagne.
Speaker 10: You know you are such a king of mediates to South Carolina folks.
Speaker 2: So we love you, thank you, love you'all back.
Speaker 9: But I thank you.
Speaker 12: But what I wanted to say is that I really would have loved to see SHABOUDI take.
Speaker 13: On something.
Speaker 10: I wasn't really had high space tation.
Speaker 12: He was gonna take home the foo artists.
Speaker 13: But even if it was like the best country song.
Speaker 10: Because white people bumped that song this iss hard as they bumped various rukaus wagon wheels.
Speaker 23: Right.
Speaker 4: You know that's when and when Kendrick was in the category for Record of the Year and Song of the Year. I actually thought, sha Booz, I think it was song record. I forgot which category on your Boozy was in with him. I thought you Boothy was actually gonna be Kendrick's only close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember Sahboozy was on a chart.
Speaker 1: They said, what nineteen weeks it was on a chart and that was a song that transcended because country people saying it, pop people saying it.
Speaker 2: Regular people say it like.
Speaker 3: You just know that song, you know what I do?
Speaker 4: Like though, last last night and maybe I never noticed, but they kept saying, as voted by the thirteen thousand whatever and whatever whatever, So people were voting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on who they wanted to win.
Speaker 3: But that's what I said.
Speaker 2: They broke it down.
Speaker 1: I don't know you see it, but there was a part where they broke it down. They said they added more people to it, and the and the the you know, the ethnic group.
Speaker 3: Of the people that actually voted the real time that was happening in a real time.
Speaker 2: All right, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 12: I wanted good morning up first through the beautiful jet from a CG.
Speaker 3: Good morning, what's that? DMV?
Speaker 2: What's up? Brobot?
Speaker 12: Good morning? The envy?
Speaker 6: What's what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Like him, brother brother, salute.
Speaker 12: And I want to think good morning and Charlomagne. I ain't into the losing Cowboys fan, but I want to say one of the Grammys. I do feel as that, you know, I'm not not taking nothing away from Kendrick, but I think blow should have got something, you know, what I'm saying, like Blow had an amazing year. Charlam Man used to tell me that she Damnar had one of the best albums out. So I just you know, not taking nothing away from Kendrick. Kendrick had a great year whatever, but I do feel just Blow should have got something nice.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm happy that that Chris Brown got one and all that, but I do for the little Blow should have got something, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: What was she nominated for Best Rap Song?
Speaker 1: She had too for Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance and Kendrick got both those.
Speaker 22: Right.
Speaker 12: I do security, you know what I'm saying. I worked with us and I do security on the side so when I'm in the club, but they from Glow all night, all night. So I'm just I just feel it to Blow should have got something. Again, I take it nothing had a great year, you know what I'm saying, But I do f you know what I'm saying, Glows to have got something.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 4: I think Glow is a phenomenal artist and thank her time is coming, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Did you see the Grammys last night?
Speaker 2: What was your thoughts? Let's discuss it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Go on, let's say.
Speaker 2: Y'all talking about it. You know, we talking about it.
Speaker 20: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about the Grammy Awards last night. I think it was one of the most entertaining Grammys that I've seen in a long time. I loved everything that I've seen from artists.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: Usually when when I watched the Grammys, I only watched the genres that I know and I turned for anything else.
Speaker 2: But last night I actually.
Speaker 1: Watched all the performances, even like I don't know her name, sorry if you're listening, but like the Pink Pony Lady right, the performance was dope with them clowns.
Speaker 2: It was just the dope performance.
Speaker 5: Was the first time I ever seen the clowns though, like Beau, but a lot of people know, like who they are younger, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's something yo. Look do y'all, y'all think Kanye about to drop something.
Speaker 5: There's No, he's dropping well album called Bully, Okay, just just him showing up like that because you knew you wasn'tna be able to make it inside of it, like but it had to be something like you know, he calculated, so he do stuff like that to distract people, you know, and get.
Speaker 4: Cody that he acts so anti industry would then he'd be loving to be at these industry you know what I'm saying, anti industry at all, exactly exactly, just he preaches that he industry, but he don't act anti industry.
Speaker 2: I like, not on the Red Car the time.
Speaker 1: He met he met Kanye West last night, Kanye like he you know who he was at first with my staid.
Speaker 29: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Consanati is on the front of Billboard magazine this year this month. Yes, okay, drip on the clues for Constant. I'm telling you, Constant is everything that is right with hip hop. Like literally all he's doing is having fun. That his show is like when you watch his show on YouTube, because that's what it is. It's a show. It's just like a variety show. It's like watching Soul Train back in the day. They dancing, they're having a good.
Speaker 3: Time the whole tame. You sign yourself smiling just watching.
Speaker 4: Them half yes man, yes, yes, Sluthor conson, I don't know how anybody can hate on constant, not at all.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 10: From? Seven five seven?
Speaker 2: Virginia A seventy five seven? What dominate? What you think of the awards?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 10: Man, it was amazing.
Speaker 12: I was so happy for Gosie.
Speaker 10: I've been following her for years that I have to give my biggest up to Chris Brown from Virginia.
Speaker 11: So I might be a little biased, but I love him.
Speaker 9: It's been long were and I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: I agree. I wish you would have been there though. I wish you would have been there to get that award, though you know.
Speaker 3: He probably ain't thinking was because been playing with him.
Speaker 2: I wish you would have been there to do that. Damn Michael Jackson tribute.
Speaker 4: I love Janelle Morene, but I ain't never seen Michael Jackson do ninety of them dance move Janelle more nig Okay, like Michael ain't did none of that. I was watching that, Like Michael did none of that? Okay, Like that should have been Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: They got to give it Chris Brown that one time because Chris Brown be practicing. There was a couple of times he was supposed.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 3: He already had a whole Chris performance that he was.
Speaker 4: They could have called Chris Brown Saturday night say hey man, we need you Sunday to do this Michael Jackson performing, come on, man pay I got mad love for Janelle mo nigg But.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson didn't do none of those moves. She did the move.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, what's the more of the story, guys, the moral of the story is, man, Like I said earlier, do you you know what I mean? Everybody that had super success last night at the Grammys is somebody that is really in their own lane. And ain't no trafficking none of their lanes. Okay, don't do what's popular, don't do what people think you should be doing. Don't make the art the label wants you to make, don't make things for radio.
Speaker 2: Just do what you want to do.
Speaker 4: When you are in your own lane, there's no traffic. I don't care if it's Beyonce, Dochie, Kendrick Rhapsody, who else had a big night last nights?
Speaker 23: Brown?
Speaker 2: All these people are in their own lane.
Speaker 3: Definitely. When Diana Ross presented Kendrick.
Speaker 2: So fun eighty years old to this dying.
Speaker 3: You like them old ones? Yes, I do, Old Bonnie you like.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying you like the old Bonnie and then you and then you gotta you gotta relax because you also like Stephanie Mills and you know them too, ain't Dan.
Speaker 4: Wowa Ross is so much Stephanie Mills senior Diana Ross eighty.
Speaker 2: Stephanie Mills is like her sixties.
Speaker 3: They still had a certain said they don't get along. Oh no, I think that was.
Speaker 23: Mixed up.
Speaker 3: My bad, My bad, all right, I mean I ain't listening right now.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know what we got just with the mess coming up? What we talk about.
Speaker 3: Yes, Wendy is able to go see her father.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, when we'll talk about that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club the Morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning everybody, it's the j n V. Jess, Larry Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 8: News is realis just robbing Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Talk nobody talk world why jes worldwide? Me talk on the Breakfast Clubs the Coaches Ship.
Speaker 16: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something.
Speaker 4: That nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 3: That time set it off.
Speaker 5: So Laurden, it is true that when can see her pops before he leaves his earth. Yes, okay, I'm no, and that's that's what she wanted to go. Yes, it's like that's how she put it.
Speaker 3: Yes, she did put it like that, I want to see before.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what.
Speaker 3: So that was weird she said before he don't so.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So officially, Wendy Williams is allowed to fly to Miami for her dad's ninety fourth birthday. What you were referencing was actually what she talked about when she was here on the Breakfast Club. She wanted to go see her dad. She didn't know if the Conservative ship situation she would allow her to do so, and she's gotten the yes. So TMZ was actually told that when he's gonna go with private security from New York to Miami, she'll be there for two days and that at this point now Wendy can have no contact with media, and they've actually been talking to her because they have a dot coming out on February twelfth on two be called Saving Wendy, and they posted a clip of her. I was going to print out just the photo. I didn't even want to show it, though. I hate the way she looks. She was in the window, Remember I told you when I went to she could see me. She's literally crying on the window.
Speaker 4: But I like it because it shows that she's actually trapped in as.
Speaker 18: It hurt my heart to see it. But basically she talked about the same thing. And I have our clip from when she was up here about not being able to see her dad and I the sick.
Speaker 4: Listen, your dad's gonna be at ninety four next week, I mean next month, right.
Speaker 10: Listen, My god, that's a whole another conversation.
Speaker 11: Ninety four that that's a whole nother thing. Like I don't know whether I'm allowed to fly to Miami to say Happy Birthday to my dad, to get him.
Speaker 13: I want to get him.
Speaker 11: Look, look, look, look, well, well that person that you talk about who's holding.
Speaker 2: Me hostage, Sabrina Morrissey.
Speaker 4: Your god, on, we gotta say her name, We gotta put her name out there.
Speaker 11: I don't know that she's going to let me because she already said to see my dad for his birthday. Like, I'm exhausted thinking about what if I can't see my dad for his birthday, you know at ninety four, you know the day after that is not promised.
Speaker 13: It's not promised, so.
Speaker 18: Suggests to your point, Yeah, yeah, well she will get to see her dad. And she did mention that she you know, she wants her family to be all on on of course, so I guess in this documentary they're gonna be talking about like the family situation as well too. They kind of alluded to that. But yeah, so congratulations when and I was told that. When she got the news, of course, she was so happy, so excited, and she just can't wait the shop. She says, she wanted to go shop that's a fort and get her things to be able to go see her dad and buy him gifts and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, now Clarissa's shields, yes yo, she said, but Pat walked out and he was rapping.
Speaker 4: Rock.
Speaker 17: And also what Jesson was talking about is Clarissa shields. Uh, she actually won last night.
Speaker 18: She was crowned the first undisputed woman's heavyweight champion. And yes, Pat poos her me and her me and her men walked her out. They were arm in arm and on top of him walking her out. He also was performing a less.
Speaker 6: For Pat Man.
Speaker 8: That's real love and hip hop right then and stupid one song was the first.
Speaker 2: That was the remix to the joint.
Speaker 23: Like it was.
Speaker 17: That was like the person was like a free star. That's why I said the England music. But he does does I don't know.
Speaker 2: He started off with the whole.
Speaker 9: What doing his like?
Speaker 17: And she knew the words that song was like that was a freestyle.
Speaker 2: She know that she was That was the freestyle.
Speaker 18: I don't know what it was, but he was doing he was rapping okay and Pat Poos a lot. Yeah, Pat Poos does his thing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch the report. I watched it last night.
Speaker 4: I didn't see that when he walked out with Watch the replay and put it on close caption.
Speaker 3: You can tell her that they love each other. She loved her.
Speaker 18: He walked her into the way into and like lacing up for tims because her tims wasn't lace you know the way. I guess they was supposed to be laced. But let's get to the fight, because you know, she actually was injured going into this injury. Yes, she had a soulder industry she but she still was able to drop Perkins five to one, two ko's with the right hook and the final seconds of the tenth round. CLIs actually talked about the shoulder injury in the fact that this fight almost didn't happen.
Speaker 29: I actually have to I think I'm gonna have to have surgery on my on my left arm. I toured my lab room last week, so the fight almost didn't didn't happen. So shout out to Denise, Paulina, Heather, and Jenny at the UFC Surturday.
Speaker 3: Listen. They did me all this shot treatment.
Speaker 29: I wasn't able to lift my arm for two or three days. So for this fight to even be able to happen, I just always give. I always give my highest praise and my highest thanks to God because I didn't want to left play down.
Speaker 4: I've been a fan of Glarcy Shields for a long time, so you know, she's had a lot of good momentum going into this fight, because you know, her movie came out, The Flyer Inside, and then you know she had all of this drama going on with papping Remy and everything else. So I was just like, it's gonna be a lot of eyes on her on Sunday night. Delivered like you always do, and she absolutely did. She did because Perkins was not a little woman.
Speaker 18: Listen and clever to actually connected twenty nine percent of her punches thirty six percent of her power punches.
Speaker 17: Perkins only connected nineteen percent of her punches.
Speaker 3: So yo, I was scared at the way, and I was You've seen it right, who is this big?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She was strong.
Speaker 2: You could tell she was strong.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like she was she was she was.
Speaker 4: She was moving Clarissa around the ring, but Chlarisa was backing her off with that right jap.
Speaker 2: Now and that ladies, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Now, if your man got into beef for one of those women, woldy'all fight, what is you talking about?
Speaker 5: They built like gladys like no ring Clarissa, Yes, oh no, baby, you gotta hinder that on your own.
Speaker 3: I act like I'm gay you want a threesome. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I'm happy.
Speaker 18: I don't got no man, I got nothing to worry about that. And I did grab that going back real quick. I did grab the photo Windy for you guys to see I did. I hate to see it like this.
Speaker 2: Though, Clarissa, Clarissa and Danielle Perkins.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, that yong then that came down when I went there.
Speaker 3: She might need that, I'm telling you, yeah, thank you, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Of course, all right, that was just with the mess. Now let's get to the People's Choice mix. Of course we got to start the mix off with Kendrick. Congratulations to Kendrick last night. How many Grammys he won?
Speaker 2: Four or five?
Speaker 10: He won five?
Speaker 3: And look, I ain't even looked for the record.
Speaker 5: I ain't even realize how sexy Kendrick was until, like, you know what I'm saying. That aim what you had to say about the dnim ya.
Speaker 18: It was a Canadian like the all dinim. I felt like he was throwing shots like Canada was up.
Speaker 17: I'm here.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting, Kendrick did look good last night. I'm a little I'm a little jealous.
Speaker 4: Finished it was because you can tell he's been doing the internal work on himself and he just had that glow.
Speaker 2: His oral was like, man, that's a brother right there that you can tell has.
Speaker 4: Been doing the work. So when I said he looked good, yes, he was glowing last.
Speaker 17: Night, being like that.
Speaker 4: Eternal, that vibe and that Bob don't do nothing moving right.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Everybody j n V jess hilarious. Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History Month for we do charlam.
Speaker 4: Man Black History Month, salutor. My guy be Dot you know every February for Black History Month. My guy be Dot does a podcast called I didn't Know, Maybe you didn't neither, on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast Network. Well, he just tells you some things about black history, some black facts that you may or may not have known. Today, be Dot deep dives into the NFL's not so subtle plantation vibes. He flips the scrip on football slavery and why the combine feels like an auction block with better lighting.
Speaker 15: Let's listen on today's episode. If I didn't know, maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 2: I have a question, do you.
Speaker 15: Ever notice how football feel like slavery? But with a halftime show?
Speaker 23: I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 15: I mean, think about it, the NFL combine, that's just a fancy slave auction with Wi Fi. They measuring wingspans, forty yard dash times, hand sizes. Yep, just one here can carry a whole plantations worth of footballs down the field in four point three seconds.
Speaker 3: Brouh.
Speaker 15: They got grown men in spandex doing shuttle drills while old white dudes whisper E lookstrong, doesn't he. I'm like, where's janego when you need them? And let's not even start on college football before nil. These kids are out there getting hit like they owe somebody money, bringing in billions for universities, and what they get a cafeteria meal, playing and a good luck handshake. Wasn't no paychecks, wasn't no health benefits. Just a coach yelling you gotta play for the love of the game. Meanwhile that coach driving a Lamborghini and wearing a visor in the winter.
Speaker 2: Bruh. This ain't modern sharecropping.
Speaker 15: I don't know what is. What about the NFL owners, I mean, let's just start right there. You notice how we have to call them owners, not managers, not CEOs, owners. Just something about that word don't sit right in my spirit. They up in luxury boxes like yeah, run fast to my boy and the players seventy five percent black, coaches, mostly white, owners white a than unseasoned chicken. I'm just saying, how you gonna have a league full of black folks and now one team called the Atlanta wakandas, where is the representation? And don't get me started on the physical toll. They out there breaking their bodies up, getting concussions, and then the league's like, here's a fifty dollars gift card to Applebee's, thanks for your service. They even added an extra game this year for the NFL. I'm telling you, NFL treats players like old cell phones. Oh it's broken, traded in for a newer model. Only difference is the NFL don't charge a restocking fee. But here's the twist. Players starting to fight back. Colin Kaepernick neil and the world lost.
Speaker 2: His damn mind.
Speaker 15: Like, y'all cool with the injuries, the exploritation, the CTE and the fact that my Dallas Cowboys ain't want a Super Bowl since the Clinton administration. But a brother taking a knee, Oh, that's where we draw the line. I mean, slavery had rebellions too. Nat Turner in cleats, y'all we out here flipping the system one touchdown at a time.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm proposing.
Speaker 15: NFL players need reparations forget super Bowl rings, start handing out forty eight ers and a Bentley, and let's diversify ownership. I want to see Jay Z and Snoop running teams. Imagine a halftime shows. Then hey, put me in charge of the Panthers. First move were changing the name to the Carolina Black Panthers. Huet Newton jerseys for everybody. So yeah, football and slavery not the same. But let's be real, they could be second cousins. Now, if you excuse me, I gotta go submit my forty yard dash to the NFL combine trying to pay off these student loans.
Speaker 8: Okay, bye, No.
Speaker 2: Absolute to be that slut to my guy.
Speaker 4: Beat out man, and make sure you subscribed to I didn't know, maybe you didn't neither. On the Black Effect, iHeart radio podcast network.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got the positive, no end more.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, owning everybody. It's DJ Envy, just Hilarius Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Salute to all the dance dads and all the parents I've seen out there. This weekend, my daughter had a three day competition where they started early in the morning Friday.
Speaker 3: She had to be on that stage at seven am.
Speaker 1: So salute to all the parents out there and the dance dads, and I mean, it's just it's just crazy, running from room to room and and this to this, and man, sleute to all y'all.
Speaker 2: I know the pain and I know the struggle, but you.
Speaker 3: Love it though I talk about it.
Speaker 5: We could be talking about anything like congestion person, and you'd be like, so my daughters are in dance, right, and we'd be like, how is that connected?
Speaker 3: But we know that you are a proud Yes I am.
Speaker 8: No matter what, You're gonna take the opportunity.
Speaker 15: I'm there.
Speaker 1: I be the only dad did sometime, but I'll be there like, go baby, you gotta put.
Speaker 3: Your head a little boy, point your toe anything.
Speaker 2: He really just wants an excuse to be able to do those dances.
Speaker 3: Ess, that's what this is about.
Speaker 2: You don't know your daughter's chairs, no, but I act like I do. Though, how do you like you do? Just name not in the mirror, but I just name a couple of them. You know what I mean like a couple of the chants stuff like that.
Speaker 4: The other day I was explaining to her because one of the other dance teams had make It Rain as this.
Speaker 2: Song You're fato to make It Rain, and I was explaining to her what that was. She had no idea.
Speaker 4: That of course.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, his daughter don't even know what sprite is, Like, do you want to drink sprite not mederal water?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: No, I don't drink butter water.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, positive note listen. The positive note is simple. It comes from the great doctor Martin Luther King Jr. And Martin Luther King Jr. Once said, the time is always right to do what is right.
Speaker 2: Oh my good.
Speaker 8: Anyway about
Speaker 6: You don't finish for y'all done