Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Shoe, Getty Armstrong and Getty, and no Kee Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: President Trump was set to hold a private dinner tonight with finance industry executives at the White House, and the guest list reportedly included the CEOs of JP Morgan, Chase, Nastac Blackstone, Blackrock, Morgan, Stanley, and Goldman Sachs. In a related story, Bernie Sanders exploded, So.
Speaker 1: I have some breaking news.
Speaker 3: Ish senior military officials just presented Trump with updated options for potential operations of Venezuela, including land strikes, sources tell CBS News. Secretary of War heg zep and Tim Kaine was there. So Tim Kane must be the head of one of your big military arms Forced services. Something earler for the demographic ranking member because he's a Democrat. But yeah, I don't know why he's interesting unless they mean a different Kane. We're at a White House for briefings, no final decision made. Well, those are those things are always a little misleading. I mean, you're for your job, you've got to give all kinds of options. Including ones that are incredibly unlikely, and keeps them updated. Yeah, yeah, but could be something.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 3: As we said in hour three, neither one of us have the slightest idea where this whole Venezuela thing is going or how it's going to play it. Well, let's get this on first before I start talking about our obesity rate has dropped for the first time in a very very long time, and I think we all know why. But before we get to that BBC coming under fire, Oh about sneeze. Probably a b oh boy boy freaking avian flu.
Speaker 1: That's how you know you've got it quick blank In that chicken huh all that reminds me the KFTC aprons at the Armstrong and Getty Superstar vying for position number one in my favorite swag item. It's either those very amusing looking aprons perfect for your favorite barbecue chef for Christmas. Perhaps either that or the great new T shirts ruin the Whole Country Newsome twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I got the last of the pickleball paddles, the Armstrong and Getty pickleball pedals, which have.
Speaker 1: Sold out collectible. Yeah they are the BBC is undergoing for four hundred and fifty bucks on eBay with those stupid Starbucks bearer cups and labuboos or whatever those things are called. Whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, BBC is coming under fire this week as they should be top person and number two person both stepped down because they absolutely the freaking materially lied in a documentary about Donald Trump. Nobody should have any respect for the BBC until they've done mega formal apologies and cleaned house. In my opinion, just and they're so rageous top to bottle outrageous anyway. To give an idea how woke BBC is, somebody had this clip floating around. This is from a report where they claimed that a trans woman's breast milk is every bit as healthy for a baby as a natural one.
Speaker 4: Here you go, now, transgender woman's milk is just as good for babies as breast milk. That's according to a letter from the medical director her University Hospital Sussex NHS Foundation Trust. The claim was made as part of a response against campaign groups. The Trust referred to studies and the World Health Organization guidance, including one case which found what it called no observable effects in babies fed by induced lactation.
Speaker 1: Oh great, right, so you pump a dude full of enough chemicals he'll start to lactate. And then the woke, woke medical authority say it's every bit as good as a milk from a woman.
Speaker 3: Katie who's having observed it for a week, we can stay with authority. Yeah, Katie, who's working on becoming a mom right now, has head in her hands over this story, because I.
Speaker 1: Mean, what planet are we on? No kidding, what planet are we on?
Speaker 3: And the fact that she mentioned in that new story they did it in response to, So it was in response to, in response to people that can make this whole trans thing is nuts, They put out a study that says trans women's milk is every bit is healthy for your baby.
Speaker 1: That is so on its face crazy right right now, if I had a time machine, Jack some would have lunch with Lincoln or ask Jesus questions about spirituality. I would shuttle woke.
Speaker 3: People back ten years and tell them what they're currently saying, but not tell them they were saying it, and have every single one of them saying, are you out of.
Speaker 1: Your fing mind? Just for my own personal satisfaction in that little exercise, you people are out of your efing minds. Yes.
Speaker 5: Just one more note about BBC. This woman, she's one of their news reporters. Last week she quote broke the rules because the teleprompter said pregnant person and she stopped and said woman afterwards, and she got in trouble for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got disciplined for that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Speaking of time machines, I got into a conversation with somebody the other day. This should have happened more often. Everybody's got their top time machine thing, but I'd like to know no numbers like five through ten. Those are really interesting with somebody coming up with the idea like I'll use me a time machine and be there when your mom and dad and get to witness that. Wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 1: And then play a Chuck Berry guitar solo and impress everybody. But it was too loud. Oh sorry, that was back to the future. Wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 3: Though? I wouldn't shoot that over, you know, walking with the Disciples or whatever else I'm gonna do in my time machine, but it'd be a pretty good one on the list. Yeah, man, I would love to go back to the night my wife and I really met where they started to get to to tell each other. I don't know the rules of the time machine. Can you go back to something that you did and look, observe yourself.
Speaker 1: I'd put on like a theatrical beard and be the waiter or something, the bus boy.
Speaker 3: I've never thought of time machines were like that. You can go back and see yourself. That changes everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's one of the great you know, mind blanks of time machines, amusingly dealt with in one of the Harry Potter movies. By the way, Yeah, nobody, nobody sure Jackson's Well, for one thing, time machines don't exist and probably never will. Well, they never have.
Speaker 3: If they have had in the past, somebody would have visited us.
Speaker 1: But maybe they were under deep cover. They'd signed the time machine agreement and had it notarized. How would that sets you to No, No, that's not proof of anything. I would go back. I would have lunch with Lincoln and I would tell him, Look, whatever you do, don't go see a play. Don't care how hard your crazy white begs you. Tell her you got a headache or something. Stay home. Tell her. Look, honey, I'm gonna clean the kitchen, you go to the play.
Speaker 3: Of course, the crazy thing about the unfolding of history is you don't have any idea if that'd make things much much worse for some reason.
Speaker 1: You have no idea mm hmm, if he hadn't been shot.
Speaker 3: My biggest question, my son at least once a month, asks what superpower would you like to have?
Speaker 1: And we have to have that conversation again. Well, he's tracking you across time for a longitudinal and I always say it depends. I would go invisible if I get to have clothes and shoes, but if I'm naked, I don't want to be invisible.
Speaker 3: If I have to try to trail around completely naked and barefoot, that would be no advantage whatsoever. You'd get cold exactly. So to me, that's why he's been the big one. I'd love to be invisible. I mean to like go to the White House and hang in on watch all those meetings, like, but I need to have shoes on to get there, get to the airport, sneak on a plane.
Speaker 1: My recollection of the classic Invisible Man movies of the fifties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you usually get to whatever clothes you're wearing. You become invisible at the time.
Speaker 1: All well, now, I was gonna say, because he like wrapped his face in a scarf so he could be seen. And then I think he would actually shed his clothes when he wanted to be invisible. So you'd get to the White House, you'd say, yeah, John Smith to her to see the Secretary of the Interior or something, and then he got oh no, you'd probably just you know, drop your clothes. Half a block from the White House, I'm gonna stand in the way on the sidewalks, try not to step on a sharp rock.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stand in the corner of your oval office completely naked, even though nobody can see me. It's just not that comfortable. I have to sit down on their furniture with my bear ask them.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't. I don't want to do that. It's their problem. That sounds like a them problem. I mean, you'd get used to it. I think you'd walk by the marine there at the door, say, you know, give him a little salute that he doesn't see. Of course, Uh, you sneak in, listen to the deliberations. Yeah, I hate being barefooted more than most people.
Speaker 3: I hope you don't step on something sharp. I don't have to spend my whole life like that. Well, okay, so have stretch your arms then or fly.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Nobody's making you be invisible.
Speaker 3: Another thing, I went to Jim and oh, so we uh, we've shrunk three percent. Obesity is down three percent. We haven't shrunk three percent. Obesity is down three percent.
Speaker 1: First time.
Speaker 3: It hasn't gone up in a very very long time, for the obvious reasons. Those weight loss drugs that are out there. For instance, the uh use percentage of people using these injectables. In February of twenty twenty four, it was five point eight percent. It's now up to twelve percent. It's more than doubled in that amount of time, and it could easily be twice that a year from now if the price went it's.
Speaker 1: A pill when it's a weekly pill, please, and the price has come down the way Trump's talking about, So all right, and the price is going to be what one seventh of what it is or something like that. Place Everybody's good, I'm gonna do it. I think, yeah, it's gonna be awesome. Hello, man, I got some nice golf clothes that are just not gonna fit anymore.
Speaker 3: But I've never heard anybody do that before. Say I'd rather stay fat because I got some nice clothes. Well, I mean i'd have to like totally restock.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, Well I didn't say I'm not going to do it, but it'd be a bit of a downside. You can get them altered, yeah, get them, ol. You can't get golf shirts altered, Michael, that's not a thing, as the kids say. Nonetheless, I mean with all the health benefits, unless they you know, people start growing a second head or you know, developed horrific cancers or something like that, I think you.
Speaker 3: Almost have to Yeah, no kidding, that's going to be awesome to witness. We're down three percent in obesity. What's it going to be next year? Probably double digits?
Speaker 1: Wow, certainly couldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of things you probably should know, whether you believe it's a big deal or not. About the whole Epstein controversy, which is the first thing they voted on when they opened the government up, and it's the first big bill they're going to vote on next week. And speaking of perversion, this is one of my favorite headlines of the day. I'll pay it off Furry, who celebrated Charlie kirk assassination and said us deserved nine to eleven running for Congress in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, All on the way stay here.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I vote with my party ninety one percent of the time, and which means I agree with the I have agreed with the president ninety one percent of the time. But they when they're protecting pedophiles, when they are blowing our budget, when they are starting wars overseas, I'm sorry, I can't go along with that. And back home, people agree with me. They understand. Even the most ardent Trump supporters understand sometimes he gets bad advice. Sometimes he gives bad advice, and we wouldn't model our lives after him his personal life. And they're okay with that. I mean they can still you can still like Donald Trump in Kentucky and like what I'm doing and what Rocana is doing, which is trying to get transparency.
Speaker 3: So that's representative Thomas Massey. He is a Republican and he is out there. He's in Kentucky. He's out there saying if you vote against the Epstein Transparency Act, which Speaker Mike Johnson has said is going to come up to a full House vote next week, then you are protecting pedophiles. So you got the Democrats who want to vote for it because they think somehow it's going to embarrass Trump, even though still even after yesterday, there's nothing really that has come out that's very exciting. And Massie says, if you don't vote for it, you're protecting pedophiles. I don't know what he thinks is going to come out. The hell is Thomas Massey doing anything with Rocana for Massy is best known for his advocacy of limited government, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberties.
Speaker 1: Sounds like my kind of guy. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He rose up through the tea party top tea party. That's how he ended up in Congress. I don't know why he's so convinced that this child pedo ring exists with all the main players in America at the top of it, and we're all going to find out through the Epstein files, or if he does believe it, and he just enough of his voters believe it that he has to pretend.
Speaker 1: To believe it, right right, Well, Well, he's no. Sam Smeltzer, also known as Eleon Badger, who is a furry who identifies as a honey Badger. He celebrated the assassinations of Charlie Kirkin United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. He was banned from X for saying America deserved nine to eleven. He's running in the Democratic primary for a competitive House seat in Michigan.
Speaker 3: You can't be on Twitter if you say America deserved nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: I thought that Elon was more specifically encouraging violence. I think I'd have to read the actual rules. But he goes by the alias Eleon Badger, dresses as a honey Badger at political events and furry conventions. Filed his candidate to represent Michigan's seventh though his fundraising his lag behind the front runner. I wonder why his campaign has drawn drawn local buzz, including an October front page photo shoot in Michigan's Between the Lines LGBT newspaper that his house is honey Badger energy, whatever the hell that means. Yeah, he's got a series of just obscenely you know any stupidly snarky tweets? Do you know any furries? Katie. I've never been able to wrap my head around this. I hate the fact that I do. I mean good yea.
Speaker 5: I went to school with a guy who now identifies as a female fox.
Speaker 3: A female fox, And how does that exhibit itself? Does he dress like a fox?
Speaker 5: Occasionally wears corsets and whatnot, and wears furry ears and a tail from what I can see online, so like a transgenderish fox.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, all right, and I'm the one with the problem if I call you a weirdo? Fair enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Remember I saw a guy in the parking lot at the grocery store last year. He had a tail and ears, and I wanted to try buying a nice, nice tail.
Speaker 1: You got there. Here's a picture of the guy in a full badger regalia with the caption I hate America and I love China. All right, got us a suggestion. I'll bet you can guess what it is. Son, My goal in life is to somehow.
Speaker 3: Parent my teenage boys to a place where they're not so desperate for attention that they need to do these sorts of things.
Speaker 1: Keep your daughters off the pole, keep your sons out of free conventions. That's parenting. One oh one. It's chapter one of my new parenting book. I got a free speech conversation I want to have. I listened to.
Speaker 3: You're kind of an absolutist on free speech. Close close, but not not really. I might be pairing back based on a podcast I listened to the other day. Oh really, gone fascist? Have you okay? Well, I'll be fair about it. Fascist, I'll be fair about it. Nice tale you got there, Dude's cool that daily Thank you?
Speaker 1: You know, I just had it brushed out. It looks so fluffy. I'm so proud just that it broader noticing. That's a really cool tale. Feel pretty, oh.
Speaker 5: Man, Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 7: The vehicle entered the second hole here at Venetian Bay off course, and they basically destroyed seven thousand square feet of the second hole, causing about one hundred and sixty thousand dollars in damage and based on LPR evidence anonymous tips, we were able to get the person who drive the truck onto the greens. Keller Atkins, seventeen year old Atlantic high school student, confessed to causing the damage because they were bored.
Speaker 1: Didn't think there's anything else to do with two thirty in the morning.
Speaker 7: I'll use a line that my grandmother relayed on me. Nothing good happens after ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: As getting in his pickup was doing donuts in his truck on the green of a golf course.
Speaker 1: What was the RPL coverage or open I assume some sort of cameras, I wonder. Yeah, I assumed it was like tire evidence. I don't know why, but yeah, well he and his family ought to be on the hook for that entire amount plus penalties.
Speaker 3: Wow, the parents got to pay it. I mean, who else would I suppose that makes sense. But oh then that's their charge.
Speaker 1: Sucks. Yeah, and the more you make it suck, the less of that you get. It's pretty easy math.
Speaker 3: I had to explain them that to my kids a couple of times with various things that they were wanting to do. You know who gets the ticket or the cops come talk to me, that's who. Although I have instructed my kids, like my son rides an electric dirt bike all over town, which is technically illegal, but everybody does it. If you get pulled over, say your trans They only you only pulled me over because I'm trans.
Speaker 1: Right in your communist enclave. It's a good idea. You know, there's got to be a saying somewhere out there a bromide a truism and aphorism that says, essentially, it takes work and intelligence to build something. Any stupid animal can break something. Yeah, because the number of people who think, you know, I'm too stupid and lazy to build anything, but I'm cool because I could break something. Well, otomy just generally agreed on anxiety that that is absolutely you have tattooed on your forehead. I'm a loser. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That fits in a little bit with me getting more culturally conservative as I get older and want to talk about free speech.
Speaker 1: But before I get to that, couple of news items that are worth mentioning.
Speaker 3: Senator Chris Murphy, who's a Democrat from New Hampshire, and he is the worst of that bunch. He says the most ridiculous things. He's worse than Adam Schiff. I mean, he's just so. He was on a radio show yesterday and said he's criticizing the Democrats who caved and voted to reopen the government, who, coincidentally, as John Stewart pointed out, all eight of them are not up for reelection, right, just a coincidence anyway, Chris Murphy, the Senator on a radio station said I certainly I'm not here as a presidential candid. They were asking me if he was going to run. In fact, I think it'd be a big mistake for anybody to assume right now that there's going to be a free and fair election in twenty twenty eight. I think Donald Trump is serious about running, wanting to run for a third term. That's a US senator, US senator claiming there is not going to allow a presidential election.
Speaker 1: That's where we are.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I mean, I can fully understand if you don't like Trump him wearing a Trump twenty twenty eight hat, you know, eggs on this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Although he said specific t's epically the other day no, I'm not running.
Speaker 3: That whole conversation is well, it is what it is. Then you got this Ukraine story, which I don't like Wall Street Journal. Two of Ukraine's top ministers resigned yesterday amid allegations of corruption in the country's energy sector, the fallout from which is becoming a challenger for the Ukrainian President of Vladimir desild Zelenski. Of course, and that's the knock on Ukraine by a lot of you that don't want us funding the war is that.
Speaker 1: Is a corrupt country.
Speaker 3: And as Byron York wrote in The Washington Examiner today, Ukraine was one of the most corrupt countries when this war started. And you can't root that out overnight, which is certainly true.
Speaker 1: Every single former Soviet Republic has had to fight an existential battle against corruption. It's just it's endemic in the communist systems, and trying to leave communism behind is a long slog.
Speaker 3: But how about I think as a dude and a woman, but how about these two people. You're at war literally for your survival, kids being killed and abducted daily, and you're stealing.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, it's sickening. But profiteering has been part of war as long as blood has been part of war. It's the constant fight. It's part of the constant fight to stop that. Lincoln dealt with it like crazy. He and Stanton pulled out their hair trying to stop the profiteers and the thieves during the Civil Wars. Just endemic. And so I don't know how many of you know who you've all Levin is.
Speaker 3: He is considered one of the greatest thinkers in all of conservatism. If you haven't read any of his books or regular pieces that he puts out every single week.
Speaker 1: He's brilliant, really really brilliant guy.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I already him talking the other day, and he wasn't presenting this as his argument as so much as presenting it as an argument the fact that we've gone too far with free speech absolutism, and conservatives particularly should be for reining it back in that he was talking about He's written a lot about the Founding Fathers and their intent and the Constitutional Convention and all that sort of stuff, that the intent was really around free speech for anything political. You got to be able to say whatever the hell you want and the government can't stop you from saying that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true, absolutely, yeah, sure.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't see any reason why that needs to extend to pornography, for instance, when people make the argument that that is a free speech violation for the government to say you can have porn and a variety of other things, And I thought, yeah, what is the problem with that is the concern that it's a slippery slope from banning porn to banning a political speech. I don't think that would have to be.
Speaker 1: No offense I'd like to hear his argument from his mouth undistilled, because I've got an immediate answer to it. But go ahead, I'd like to hear him mixed median answer. Well, if the government is intent on regulating something, for instance, pornography, then it's become a political issue. But the actual showing of porn, I could talk about regular noddling this through. I could talk politically about porn. I don't need to show porn. No, I'm thinking no, I'm thinking no, there's no constitutional right to show two people fornicating.
Speaker 3: But isn't that the argument that's made for why you can't stop a lot of porn is the free speech?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah, people versus Larry Flint? What do you what do you write right right tonight? My favorite streaming service? Yeah, I saw that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I uh, somebody have to talk me out of why I don't have why I should care that the government would say, no, we're not going to have pornography. What's pornography? I'll when I see it. You get into that whole thing. But there's plenty you could come up, well short of what anybody would say, Wait, that's not pornography.
Speaker 1: And get rid of that and we'd all be fine. Yeah. Yeah. The absolutist argument, and this is it's actually a pretty good argument, is you write for me the justification for limiting pornography, okay, and give me five minutes. I will take that same standard and misapply it in multiple ways.
Speaker 3: Well, then we would We would get into Supreme Court decisions the same way we do with gun laws, and you apply this or that and you try to get around them, and then sometimes you didn't get around it, and sometimes you do.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: In a case by case basis, we come to a point we seem to agree on.
Speaker 1: Right. So if the case was human beings in a sexual contest performing incredible tests of human elasticity and endurance, the answer would be and the flexibility the answer would be no. If, on the other hand, I were hauled into the docket or before the venture or whatever because I was advocating.
Speaker 3: For a woman breastfeeding a kid, it's always that one gay marriage or what in public, no on what's pornography and what's not. As soon as you do that, then you won't be able to have a woman breastfeeding a Kid's right?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's got to be away, to keep pornography in a variety of other really horrifying things out of society.
Speaker 1: There just has to be right, especially children. Yeah, yeah, well, and this is a great illustration of what happens when a society loses its common cultural assumptions and agreements and has to go with written laws. Lawyers, you didn't need to feal code forty three dot s dot one as opposed to No, that's disgusting. You can't show that to children, to jail.
Speaker 3: That's what I was talking about yesterday and the One More Thing podcast. If you didn't listen to it, or you don't listen to it, we do another segment after this radio show called the One More Thing that doesn't air on the radio. But we were talking about when Elvis showed up and the Beatles showed up and all of a sudden, now the long hair and rock and roll and sex and whatever and fighting back against your parents and stodgy old people won't let us have fun. But what you were just talking about, culturally, we would have not accept it. Anything within one hundred miles of pornography as prevalent as it is. And when people say it existed, yeah, it existed in dark corners of big cities and if you knew somebody who could find it. But it wasn't everywhere.
Speaker 1: All the time. Right again, certainly not perverting the poor kids sexual development. They're neurological sexual development.
Speaker 3: I've been continuing to say, think and I've been wrong that women at some point would lead the charge against pornography when they'd finally realize this hasn't done us any good, This hasn't made my life better, this hasn't made my dating life better. That guys think this is what sex is. So I'm going to be on the side of limiting pornography and lead together.
Speaker 1: They're too busy screaming in favor of amas in the streets and screaming in favor of letting dudes into their own locker rooms. Right, Yeah, I don't know. It's an interesting question, but again I think the highly unsatisfactory answer is that sort of thing is enforced by cultural norms, not carefully written laws, and once you've lost your cultural norms, well you're onto a whole nother thing.
Speaker 3: She had the Roaring twenties, so much roaring and women were wearing short skirts and being all sexy and smoking and drinking. But then the Great Depression comes along? But is that a realistic view of it? And I'm not sure. Like in Iowa, where my family is from, they were living like they were in the Great Gatsby.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I was then, as now that's that they were the Kardashians of the time, you know that sort of people. They were the urban wealthy and like they're imitators in other places that were doing all that and living like that. It's like, how many what percentage of Americans were actually freaking hippies in nineteen sixty seven? I know, I thought so. Your insurance salesman had longer hair than he'd had a few years ago. Your sportscasters you see him now. It's kind of funny they've all got shaggy beetle hair. But I mean they weren't hippies.
Speaker 3: Well right, And uh, it's funny growing up taking in pop culture with the feeling that Woodstock was just such a giant event, all encompassing event. I remember my dad telling me on dumbin Zung you didn't even know what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, showed it, so did.
Speaker 3: Most people had no idea even was happening, let alone we're there and it was a major cultural moment in their lives.
Speaker 1: Now it's going to work. I didn't even know what was happening. Yeah, yeah, huh.
Speaker 3: I think I'm for limiting free speech. I'm gonna have to read more about this.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's you want to talk about. The devil is in the details. It's like a Ghostbusters style seventy five foot tall fire breathing devil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets into the thing we talked about years ago. I should dig that back up because it's so entertaining when Facebook tried to decide what sort of new doy they wouldn't allow wood or wouldn't allow on Facebook, and how crazy it got with well, a woman breastfeeding a child, that's okay, Okay, we got a woman breastfeeding a thirteen year old and it's a sexual thing.
Speaker 1: Is that okay? How are you going to tell the difference of all that sort of stuff? Right? Remember that it was one of the funniest things you've ever brought us, And I just the history of censors is awful. Balancing that against the moral decay of a society. Oh, that's tough stuff.
Speaker 3: God, I'd say we will finish strong next time.
Speaker 8: I just want to apologize to any Americans who are out there who still have flight cancelations or delays today. I want to apologize to the many American families who are made to go hungry over the last several weeks, our troops and other federal employees who are wondering where their next paycheck would come from. All of that's on the Democrats.
Speaker 1: What I have the rods get off my loans? Did he start by saying I apolog the airlines?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Was that fifty three? Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, the fifty three on my sheet is NBC Nightly News report that the airlines would be back to normal by Friday or Saturday, which is pretty big news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thank goodness. Yeah so crazy. So I've read about this Wolf River Electric, which is, you know, a fairly small company in Minnesota. It does solar and that sort of stuff. They're getting a bunch of canceled contracts late last year, and so they started calling the people who canceled the contracts, the former customers, and say, hey, what's going on. We enjoyed working with you people, and the answer, as they say, left them floored. The clients said they bailed after learning from Google search is that the company settled the lawsuit with the state attorney general over deceptive sales practices, but the company had never been sued by the government, let alone settled a case. Turns out that Gemini, Google's artificial intelligence intelligence technology hallucinated it. Wow, made it up completely. We're never in any sort of legal jeopardy from that sort of thing, not even a hint of it. And so the question is, all right, they're suing now Google for defamation? Who pays when AI make stuff up? And we'll talk about that a little more tomorrow.
Speaker 7: My little thoughts, I'm strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: The world's shortest rave. It's about the length I like. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. How about a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. There is our technical director, Michael Angelo. Michael final thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that story about the seventeen year old doing donuts on the golf course reminds me of my dad telling me, Yeah, if you do something and you get yourself in jail, you're gonna sit in there for a little while.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yep. Katie Green, I'm sure you've got a similar speech. You have a final thought.
Speaker 5: That is exactly along those lines. My dad used to say, think of everything that I've worked for and that can all go out the window if you screw up.
Speaker 1: Ooh that's a good and I will kill you for it. And yeah, Jackie, final thoughts. And I used to.
Speaker 3: Scoff like all younger people at the whole nothing good happens after midnight thing.
Speaker 1: But you know what, even though there's.
Speaker 3: Some things that I had enjoy it that have happened after midnight, there's a whole pretty good idea to keep your life on tracking right doing everything on the other side of midnight. So, speaking of AI, my final thought is it reminds me a little bit of free speech and some of the societal things we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm aware of some unbelievably cool, important, valuable stuff that's happening in the world of AI, and also some stupid, damaging, moronic stuff. AI is like a human being. It's just capable of great beauty and just utter idiocy. Joe Getty says, AI is like a human being.
Speaker 3: Interesting Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another ruling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people that thinks so little time go to Armstrong getdy dot com. Holy cow, do we have some great swag for you. The Ruin the Whole Country Newsome twenty twenty eight t shirts are flying off the shelves. Get one of yourself. Oh, I'll wear that one for a couple of years. See you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and getty after a hard day's work in front of a hot mike.
Speaker 3: If your name is Jack, then take this advice.
Speaker 1: Clean out the length and set your dryer too high. Your betting should be crisp and dry. Don't sleep on the wet sheets. Sleep on the wet sheets. If your name is Jack, don't sleep on the wet sheets. Are strong and getty.