Speaker 1: Wake go in the mall now and it's turning radio and the dollars.
Speaker 2: And ready email, lunchbox, Morgan too, Steve bred Out, it's trying to put you through.
Speaker 1: Spot is running this week's next bit and Bobby's on the mix. So you know what this is.
Speaker 3: About.
Speaker 1: It all is a voicemail from.
Speaker 4: Judy Corny Studio just wanted to touch on the email from the galon that's gonna go on vacation with her friend. That's the mail, and her boyfriend doesn't like it. Every time I've dated any mail, I always tell them, my friend, look, I got male friends, you got female friends. I go and do things with my male friends. You can go do things with your female friends, because I'm not giving up my male friends for anybody. They were gonna hear first and they'll be here last.
Speaker 3: So I tell her go ahead and go.
Speaker 4: And if he has a problem with it, sorry, so sadue back.
Speaker 5: That is it.
Speaker 6: So I hope you'll have a wonderful day, Sorry, Judy.
Speaker 3: So the story was she would go on work trips and she would stay with her male friend, and her boyfriend was like, I don't feel comfortable with this. Well, Judy puts it right out there, like, what are you going to do with your male friends. I'm gonna tell you this whoever you are, because guys, I know what guys are up to. If it's a single dude, even some dudes in a relationship and he's really good friends with you and like wants to hang out with you, it's not to keep the friendship alive. It's to hold you tight for whenever you finally agree to do something with him, or whenever he's free to do stuff with you, because he could be holding you tight while he's got someone just so if that breaks off, he can go to you.
Speaker 1: That is right. A guy never just wants to be friends.
Speaker 7: Unless you've been friends whatever, but he could be working on it forever.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you ninety nine point nine percent of the time. Hey, and we're.
Speaker 7: Dudes, we're staying there a percentage.
Speaker 1: But Judy, I.
Speaker 3: Felt that you're like, I got my guy friends, We do it. You go do your girl. At least you know who you are. There's value in that. Even if you say anything up front and it's part of the relationship, it's a boundary.
Speaker 1: I respect it.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do the morning, Corny, the morning corny, what did.
Speaker 6: One American flag say to the other flag?
Speaker 7: What's nothing?
Speaker 1: It just waved boom, good way boom. That was the morning, corny. No, you're not gonna get it. You're never gonna get it. Here's your question, and never gonna get it.
Speaker 3: According to Finder dot com, most people deal with this within a week, but thirteen percent of folks deal with it for a full year before they do something about it.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna read it again. Most people deal with this within a week. However about thirteen percent of people don't and they wait about a year. So most do fix it. However a select view or psychotic and don't fix it. I can't believe people don't fix this. So here I am. I'm actually adding some color to it. We're playning, never going to get it? On the phone now is Derek? Hey, Derek, good morning.
Speaker 1: Buddy, good morning.
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Hey man? Glad you're calling in. You have a chance to win some stuff here.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: The question is most people deal with this within a week, but some thirteen percent wait a year. You get to guess first, what do you think it is?
Speaker 8: Most people deal with this within a week. You know what I think I'm going to say. Now, this might be a little far out there, but I think I'm going to say an earache.
Speaker 3: Okay, like that's pretty good, Like an earach. I always think it's gonna go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not good to answer. I have it a year. Yeah, yeah, yeah, well not right.
Speaker 3: It's not right, but I like I like what I was thinking here. Oh that's not right. So every member of the show has written down an answer. I'm gonna let you pick two of them, and if either one of them get it right, you win the prize.
Speaker 1: Amy, how do you feel about yours?
Speaker 7: I feel good. That's that's it.
Speaker 1: But do we feel like Morgan? I nailed it, Eddie or probably the best in a row, got the longest streak in.
Speaker 7: The history of Amy, Amy, I'm the best.
Speaker 3: Okay, so everybody but Lunchbox is good at this. He always says the one I got it. All I know is he's one two in a row. That's all I did. Yeah, the last two I won.
Speaker 7: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 7: Memory rarely claim that I'm the best.
Speaker 1: I like it, though, Morgan, do you feel pretty good about yours?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good? Because I have done this. I have Lunchbox.
Speaker 9: I guarantee I have the answer, like I nailed it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Derek. So here's the deal. You can pick two members of the show. If they get it right, you get it right.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, awesome.
Speaker 8: So I was gonna pick Lunchbox, but he seems like too confident.
Speaker 1: Then don't and you'll lose.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing. I'm gonna go with Eddie, and I'm gonna go and I'm gonna go with Amy.
Speaker 1: Well, let's walk. What you play? Crack phone? Crack phone? It's a good one phone screen, that's good. What do you have?
Speaker 7: I have a light out, Eddie.
Speaker 1: We have check engine light? What do you have? Cracks phone screen? Pick Eddie and Morgan and Amy? Wow? The two people he didn't pick got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I told you.
Speaker 1: I told you that's never happened before. The two people. Yeah, So you picked the two they got it. That is unbelievable that it's like.
Speaker 7: The lottery today.
Speaker 1: He don't know what, just hung up. Let me give him another chance. Such bad luck. I want to give them another chance. I want to give another chance. Great job, Morgan, great job, good job YouTube.
Speaker 8: That was good.
Speaker 1: Dang guy.
Speaker 3: Nearly two thirds of people get nervous when their partner does this, Oh, what is it? Nearly two thirds of people get nervous when their partner does this.
Speaker 1: What is it? All right?
Speaker 3: Same thing, Derek. I'm gonna go to you. Let you think about it for just a second. We're gonna play. Never gonna get it. And two thirds of people get nervous when their partner does this.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Eddie?
Speaker 1: Streak is now over? Morgan lunchboks on a one game streak. We're done here.
Speaker 3: Nearly two thirds of people get nervous when their partner does this.
Speaker 1: What is it? Okay, Derek, I'm coming to you.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 8: I think it's when their partner texts them and says, hey, we need to talk.
Speaker 1: There's a good one. That's a big one. That's not right. But I think that's like a tough one.
Speaker 6: Well, that's good to know that's not right because I wrote down.
Speaker 7: Can we have a talk?
Speaker 3: Two thirds of people get nervous when their partner does this. Does anyone not feel good before I ask you?
Speaker 1: How you feel?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna get nervous when my partner does this. I was confident, and now that I lost the last. I'm not very fine. Hey, Derek, pick you two players here?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 8: I am gonna go with? Amy?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 3: Here, here's what it is.
Speaker 8: I'll go with Lunchbox.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a chance here, give me a chance. I should let you back. I'll give you a chance to pick. Refusing to let him pick you. You know what, Yeah, you can't have me.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: We never had his hat on before.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: He was so mean to be loud, Derek. He ejected you. He came on with me and mine and then with somewhere else. You can't turn him down. He turns you down. Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Derek, So you have three people to pick from.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's fair. You know what I'm gonna pick. I want to pick everyone, but Lunchbox. Now, fair enough, that's what I want to do.
Speaker 1: I want to Amy. What do you have drives? Correct, Derek? I have drives? Derek? You do win road to Yeah?
Speaker 8: I feel I know it does work, you know what. I kind of feel like the participation trophy type of win here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 8: I don't feel great about it. You know what I mean? You know, I'll accept it.
Speaker 1: We're going to give him some crap in the back. We'll give him my Kenny Chesney Vinyl. I'll give him a signed copy of my book bare Bones. I'm not lonely if you're reading this book, and we'll throw some other stuff around the.
Speaker 7: Studio in I can sign it to help I will I help him win drive.
Speaker 1: But it's my book. You write the book.
Speaker 6: Oh but I think I wrote. I'm in it a little bit interesting.
Speaker 7: I am what I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know. She's voluntarily asking to sign my book. Derek, want that, Derek. We're just some stuff, all right, buddy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I Hey, I appreciate because I can I say one more thing here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give it a rep dude.
Speaker 8: I was I was listening to the show and I know Morgan it's about to give it made up on our speech, and I just want to give you a quick ten second story on mine. I gave a best man speech and let me say this, it was too good. And now every time someone says, hey, you remember that wedding, someone says, hey, I remember that speech. And now the couple dislikes the fact that I gave him such a good speech at their wedding because I get brought up on right you know, I'm not trying. I'm not trying to be a narcissist here, but I'm just saying, hey, don't don't make it too good.
Speaker 1: But I feel bad that.
Speaker 9: I'm rejected this dude because he sounds like he might be my twin.
Speaker 1: Like this, he sounds awesome. He's like, hey, be careful.
Speaker 3: If you're like me, you're way too good like dude, Let's get him surprises.
Speaker 1: Derek, thank you for calling Lunchbox. Good job.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox is down a two game win streak. He wrote it down, he gets credit for it. Now he's got it. Yeah, No, I believe him. You may not believe, but I believe him. Congrats to Derek. Congrats the Lunchbox. Amy, congrats, you got it. You're on a one game strick. I'm sorry, d on road trip?
Speaker 1: Did you get so? I feel like I'll give it to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Driving?
Speaker 1: Hey, I had drives too, did you? I don't know?
Speaker 3: Okay, Mar you have two game street as well. All right, we gotta play a song. All right, thank you guys. All right, Jason's on the phone. Jason lives in North Carolina. Hey, Jason, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to call in. I called in probably about a year and a half ago, but I sent in a video into the mail bag. I'm gonna say two and a half years ago now, just a video of me saying a cover song. And you had mentioned that I should go out and start playing some shows and stuff. I just wanted to call in and and thank you for that, because two and a half years later, I've got three songs out and we're in the middle of a Southeast bar tour that we put together, and I'm having a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool, man. What's your So? What's your name? People can look.
Speaker 5: Up Jason Aren't. It's kind of a funky spell He's j Y s O n A r e n d T.
Speaker 1: You thought about changing your name, but for like people to search for it.
Speaker 5: See, I thought about it, but then I was like, you know what, it's a little bit you need, so I might have to keep it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I felt that, I mean one way or the other.
Speaker 3: I mean I probably spell at j A s O n A r e n T like Jason Aren't because it's the same name.
Speaker 1: But then people could look it up.
Speaker 3: But hey, and then people can find your house you couldn't look up on the internet.
Speaker 1: But I do like that. Dude. That's really cool that, like you're pursuing what your dream is.
Speaker 3: And I remember this, I remember being pretty good and and I'm sure just grinding it out on the road, you're getting a lot better. But man, that's what it's all about. If you're finding fulfillment like that has success, so you feel.
Speaker 5: Good, yes, sir, I'm loving it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: Or we drive all the way down to Oxford, Mississippi tomorrow to play down there and Ole miss and you know that it's a it's a whole different lifestyle for sure, the whole being on the road. So it's something that you really have to get.
Speaker 8: But I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like chicks and oh man, parties, late night free beer.
Speaker 5: Now we stay away from all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, can I be honest? He told us how to spell his name.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: That was my point, right, Jason, aren't? And then you gotta be j A capitol K silent And I get it. You want to hold true to your name. I use a fake name. I mean, Bobby's my real name, but Bones is my real last name. So I think spelling it Jason aren't like a normal spelling. You get to keep saying it the same way, but you spelled a little different, and then you're not people. When you become a big star, people can't like look you up as easy, Like how do you spell the gain? It's like Jason al Dean. I think al Dean's his middle name, and it's his middle name is like al Dyne or something. Really, yeah, smart way to do it. His name is Jason al Dyne Williams. Huh. So instead he's like, I'm gonna keep my name be Jason al Dean, and so he still gets to feel like it's really him.
Speaker 1: Isn't Garth's name like Troyl or something? Ye, Troy? Yeah, once you go by Garth, aren't. That's a funny name. Garth. Hey, everybody, I'm Garth Arth. It's a little song I wrote like that. Jason.
Speaker 3: I'm super happy for you, Like, seriously, a lot of people don't have the courage to go and pursue their dreams and you're doing that right now. And it sounds like, you know, regardless of the work and the travel, that you feel pretty good about it.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Think about that name change though, you know Garth Arpe. No, well Garth Arthur as I'll think on it is number one.
Speaker 5: I've already got stuff on T shirts.
Speaker 7: It makes it's a little hard to change, will be worth more later.
Speaker 1: How many T shirts you got left?
Speaker 5: I got a bunch, he wants on.
Speaker 7: Well, what's the number?
Speaker 1: I mean you have left?
Speaker 5: Probably about one hundred hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: You used to play college baseball? Yes, sir, I'm talking to on Instagram right now.
Speaker 5: Graduated. I just graduated in June or May whatever it was. Well, we we went down and we played in the Georgia region on happens we got beat down there. But yeah, it was a good run this year. And now I'm done. I'm done, and I might sneak something to you. I might be playing with this van of bands here for a little bit.
Speaker 1: But uh, hey, so that baseball is over, where'd you play?
Speaker 5: I played second base in what field?
Speaker 1: And no?
Speaker 3: But what school? Oh and here's what's annoying about. He's like a good looking dude too. Oh yeah, yeah, he's an athlete. Good looking dude, can sing? Can't spell his name though, that's right, Like THEE.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I know.
Speaker 3: You have one hundred shirts left, but I think you may cut your losses and sell those shirts. But the new ones you order now you officially change your name to Jason Aren't and.
Speaker 1: Just spell it normal.
Speaker 7: What's his Instagram handle?
Speaker 3: I tell you, but Jay Capitol k w PA.
Speaker 1: With an underscore at the end. I still don't know how to spells last night.
Speaker 6: Maybe the act the regular spelling is available or the not.
Speaker 1: You know what is open? Yes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seriously though, like success to me at this point in my life. Success to me is being able to do what I love to do and being able to pay the bills, you know, and if you're able to do that, especially in an art like you are winning and you know, in your twenties, go as hard as you absolutely can. I'm super proud for you, man, Like I don't rember what you sound like, but I remember you sounded pretty good and me being like, hey, go pursue this if you you know, have the runway to go, do it.
Speaker 1: So, Jason Aren't, like, have a day, have a week and change your name.
Speaker 7: Spell aren't.
Speaker 8: I appreciate a R.
Speaker 1: E N D T Aren't in the dude's ripped. No, he's like it's annoying.
Speaker 6: He makes it positive, like it's Jason spelled jays in and then change it to just.
Speaker 7: Are because you are doing not now you're switching nowhere positive Jason is.
Speaker 1: Change it to Jason can do anything you guys. I found it in like two seconds.
Speaker 3: I know, But Jason are Jason is able to do anything, dreams and accomplishes.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, Jason, seriously, congratulations buddy, check back in and you know it's end the summer Bananas.
Speaker 6: That's a fun baseball team, right, Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 7: He said he might do that.
Speaker 1: He said he drops a little something.
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I mean they haven't really shared it.
Speaker 7: Yet, but that's what it means, always letting us in.
Speaker 1: Is he good?
Speaker 3: I forget what he sounds like the music. I know he has to be good or I wouldn't have He can.
Speaker 7: Sue a song right now.
Speaker 1: Never don't matter.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jason, chase your dreams. We sing this little something like a cover. It won't matter because you can't really tell you a little bit of yeah, and you can also say the name of the song and everything is good.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Well, so this is the latest song that we just dropped. It's called Moduly.
Speaker 1: Okay, soone's already cutting out. But mind yeah, it's like over modulating. So it's hard. He's hard to sing on the phone.
Speaker 5: Shat hand over to kiss me.
Speaker 3: I know the thing is you sing into the phone, it over modulates. It's unfair. Amy should have never actually sing on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, I know it's not.
Speaker 7: It sounded good.
Speaker 1: You want me to play something on my computer? Do you have some how on? Is this is your computer gonna work? You can't do it? All right, Jason?
Speaker 3: Hey, buddy, Uh, we appreciate you. Let us know what goes on and we can get free to We're rooting for you. Savannah Bana is cool, but I'm rooting for that country music career. On day.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you get to sit in this seal you do and play for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate it. I hope so too.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy, I be safe, thank y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm so rooting for this guy named Drew Baldridge. His song has now hit the top ten. It's called She's Somebody's Daughter. Here's a clip somebody I didn't know the guy, and so he comes over to the house. I kind of knew his story a bit. I knew a song was doing pretty well. But he comes over to the house and we do an hour long interview. And he had a record deal. They just put out a single, and as they put out a single, the record deal the label collapsed. We're out of business. So he doesn't have a deal anymore. Single never got put out, and for like three years he doesn't have a deal or anything like just writing songs. And so he gets married and on his honeymoon he's like, hey, I did this song, but I did a wedding version of it because I just got married and played it over the top of on TikTok and it had ten million views on one night. It's this song right here, ten million views one night, and so it goes crazy and it starts to stream like crazy too. But still no record label will sign him, even though the song is streaming like crazy, even though it had ten to fifteen twenty million views on TikTok, No record label, we'll sign them. But he's making a little money because the song is streaming now, and he's like, I guess I should take this money and then put it back into promoting the song at radio.
Speaker 1: So I had to form my own record label. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: So this is him talking about the support from his wife, who was cool with him spending that money, money the only money he was really making.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 10: When I didn't believe in myself, she believed me. And then I go to her and I say, hey, I'm about to sync X amount of dollars into a radio single. She's like, hey, go do it. You made this money off your song. You believe in it. I believe in it. I can't tell you how lucky I am to have my life and now playing radio shows going on. We have a seventeen month old and so she is rockstar mom and and it's not easy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: There's times I come home she's like, We've been here for five days without you, and I'm alone. It's a lot, and she's been my biggest support system.
Speaker 3: He still has no record label, no manager, no I may have a booking agent now, but people were still so slow. But now he's got a top ten song and so everybody's like, oh on, and I'm like, dude, screwmall.
Speaker 11: So he gets offers now from labels, and it's just like, now I'm my own guy.
Speaker 3: Well, he's gotten so far that unless it's like a great offer, he doesn't really need. He's already got a top ten song. I'm root for him to go number one just because, like he played three hundred backyards. That's how he made money. He drove to people's backyards over two years, played three hundred backyards. He talked about three other country artists who have self funded number one songs.
Speaker 10: Similarly, there's been three. There's been Kenny Rogers, by her Rose, there was Tracy Lawrence. Find out who your friends are. Garth Brooks ask me how I know because he had that Pearl label, and he hit me right back. He's like, you would be the if you have a number one, you'd be the first artist in the history of country music to.
Speaker 1: Self fun their first number one.
Speaker 10: I don't know, it's not everything, but just like been here for thirteen years and never had a number one record or anything, that's that would be really cool.
Speaker 1: I'm rooting for the guy.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's an inspiring story. The whole interview is an hour long. You can hear it on the Bobby Cast. But like I'm in this dude. This dude's wife like she believed in him. He believed in himself. He got his car and drove in people's backyards all over the country and just played it just to have some money in order to keep spending it on the record label that now calls radio stations that actually it's him. He just shows up at radio stations. He would just show up at places and be like, hey, can I come in? Like nobody booked ahead for him. He didn't have a label, just show up.
Speaker 11: Do you remember we talked about him a few years ago because he popped up on my algorithm.
Speaker 1: Nope? Yeah, and I think he called in or something where we talked about it and played the music.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like a couple of years ago I had talked about these two artists that kept popping up on my algorithm.
Speaker 1: Don't know how they got here or whatever, but he's stuck. Drew Balders here, he is there, he is. He got a top ten so Bobby Bones Show interviews.
Speaker 5: In case you didn't know, his.
Speaker 3: Name is Richard Casper. He's walking in the studio now. He is a United States Marine veteran, a Purple Heart recipient. He's created Creativets to help other veterans in their journey from the military. I want you to hear a story because it is so good. He's done so much good and he's continuing to do it and he's coming in.
Speaker 1: Now Here we go.
Speaker 3: Richard Casper's here with Creative Vets. We met at the Music Festival once Love what you do. First, I do want to talk about you specifically. You are a marine veteran, You're a Purple Heart recipient. Those two right there massive themselves. Do you talk much about the Purple Heart? I don't talk much. I talk about my injuries a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the space I can you talk about the injuries? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I mean I used to not be able to. And that was the whole issue around not wanting to interview. Look at me, I'm six foot five.
Speaker 1: Oh you definitely want my butt for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 2: And even beck when I came home, I mean, I had more sleeveless shirts than I did church with sleeves on it. I had Harley, and I was very intimidating, and I didn't want to cry in front of people, and so I wouldn't talk about it. I would never talk about it. I didn't want people to know I had a brain injury. I would try to play it cool, like the tough guy marine thing, until I learned that I really had to talk about it or I was gonna blow up.
Speaker 3: So for you, it was a need for your own sake more than anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when I witnessed my buddy dying and I rack beside me, and that was the biggest issue. I wanted everyone to know that he lived, not that he died, but that he lived. And I was meeting people and I wanted to say it, but I couldn't because I knew I would cry. So at the end of the day, I was like, what if I could put this into a song and just give it to you and walk away.
Speaker 1: Now I don't have to cry. You get to know he lives with.
Speaker 3: Because again, you're a songwriter, you're an entrepreneur, you're super creative. Did that part of you happen after the creative or were you creative even in the military.
Speaker 1: I doodled a lot.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of downtime, so I dood a lot, but I wasn't creative as much. And they said that because I have a left traumatic brain injury, that my right brain caied in So it's one of those things that you see in a movie where you know, you get blown up on saying you play piano. Yeah, after the injuries, I became massively creative. If there's still a lot of my short term memory issues and migraines and all that stuff was obviously heightened. But the way I think about things now is, and I call it, I have a simple brain, so I have simple solutions a lot of things. But it's remarkable what I was able to accomplish after I came home.
Speaker 1: Did it feel weird?
Speaker 3: I did it feel different, like noticeably different with a different part of your brain being in use, more more focused on that side on what it does. Could you actually feel a difference.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I felt the difference, but I felt so much more comfortable and more creative. Artistic experiences like when I went to school, I took art as a cop out degree because I didn't want to talk to people. My anxieties were so bad. I had to do one on one speech with my speech teacher in college, and so I decided to take art so I wouldn't have to talk to anybody.
Speaker 1: I was like, these kids won't want to talk to me. I don't want to talk to them.
Speaker 2: But then when I was in there and I was starting to express myself through art and very creative ways, and they'd all come to me and talk to me like I've been an artist my whole life, I felt super weird because it felt comfortable to be in that space now when before it didn't.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna get to a whole check presentation and talk about everything that Richard does for others, because I mean, you have a big impact now, and I think you had to find the way for your own impact.
Speaker 1: To then create a way for others to make their impact.
Speaker 2: You put your mask on before you put someone else's on.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like if the plane's you know, it lose oxygen til years on first. So you come back and all of a sudden you feel more creative or you have a desire to create.
Speaker 1: How to you started writing songs?
Speaker 2: No, it was the It was that I need to express myself. I don't know how. I have a brain injury, I can't learn new skills, and all these things are going through my head. If Zero was taking my own life and one hundreds of me before war, I was at a nine, and it was only my faith that kept me at that nine. And so when I went to college, I was like, Okay, I can't learn new technicals kills. What can I do to be successful? Prior to that, I don't know if you know, but I guarded the president at the Camp David in the Marine Corps, and so in my head I said I was at the highest level. I had a great security clearance. If I just get a degree, I can go be comfortable in the Fbiica something like that. My degree should be an art because again, I don't have to talk to people. They don't have to talk to me. I'll just skate through life and it just unlocks something in me that within two years at a community college learning art for the first time, I decided to take a big leap into the arts and I applied for the School of the artistsho Chicago, where Georgia o Ki Walt Disney went, best art school in the country, and I had no art background. It all my own teacher told me I shouldn't apply for it. He's like, you even had a lot of money, and I grew up food stamps. I didn't have any money, or you've studied art your whole life, and I just im very optimistic, and I said, you know what, this right now has been changing my life, my whole perspective on telling my story. Without telling my story, I have to go to the school I knew I was going to go on extreme debt doing it. It's a private school that my Gummery Ji Bill wouldn't pay for. I already went into even more debt, but I had to make that tough choice. I'm so glad I did because through that process of telling that story and then even trying to learn songwriting, my buddy Brett was a songwriter, came to Nashville almost every single week from Illinois, and I was like, Oh, that's a job. That's cool. Maybe I'll teach myself. Try to teach myself. For a year, I wrote a song. It didn't put Luke on the pedal. Still, he needed to be my gunner who was killed and Joe's barr. I was bouncing up there. Easy job to get when I was up there right around on my Harley, and I met a songwriter named Mark Irwin who wrote Alan Jackson first number one. He's multiple hits, and I just went up to him because I was struggling so bad, and I said, hey, Mark, you don't know me from Adam, but I'm going through all this stuff. Well. Actually, first I asked him if he's ever written with a veteran or for a veteran. He's like, yeah, Me and Billy ray Syers wrote a song called Runway Lights about the staff starting coming over war. And that's when I knew I could trust him. And I said, if I come to you in Nashville, would you just help me tell my story. I'm struggling so bad, and he said yes to me and no. And now being in the songwriting music industry, that's a huge deal. There's number one writers that came and get in rids of Mark right now. And he said yes to me and nobody. And I came down here, wrote a song and a half in three hours, something I've been working on for a year. And from that moment, I said, I have to bring every venter and I know that needs need this kind of healing down here to Nashville.
Speaker 1: So how does that start then?
Speaker 3: Because you say that you think that, butN how were there veterans who were reaching out going hey, what can I do? Like, how do you get involved enough for people to even know what your goals are.
Speaker 1: So that was the challenge. At first.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, Okay, I graduated from SAC and now I'm almost back to normal that scale of zero two one hundred and I'm had like an eighty five back to normal. And I look back and I said, I could take this leap into my career now, or I could research if anything like this that ever been created, and there wasn't anything like it. So my first test was can I do this on a scale the healing scale that I just was impacted by? Can I do this in like a three or four day kind of experience. So one of my buddies who was also injured by a blast, but he's way worse off he has he's missing his leg, burns over sixty percent of his body. He came to me and I was talking to him about my experience. I was like, hey, by chance, if I brought you to Nashville, would you tell your story? And this is the guy salt Together. He still climbs towers with his prosthetic. He's still to this day climbing Salter's Guy. And he said, oh my gosh, I love music. Yeah, so I prepped him. I was like, Okay, what are you going through. What's your biggest struggle you can't talk to your family friends about? And he tells me because he feels a bond with our experience, and I'm like, I bought I did a GoFundMe before a nonprofit raised like two hundred bucks. We stayed at the same hotel room out by the airport at forty bucks a night, not very nice. And we ended up writing with Jeff Copeland, Noel Billians, and Rob Blackletch from black Jack Billy because I met them at Panama City a long time ago, and I dropped marker on once the name I understood songwright, and I was like, we wrote with Mark Irwin, so if you guys want to be a part of this, And they did the very first official like creative that's right, and Jesse, who doesn't talk to people, He's sitting there with his head down like, yeah, I'm coming from a small town all this stuff. But then the moment that they started playing his words into the song, he popped up and it was like word vomit just everything he's ever been through. He's talking about, even stuff I never heard before. And I'm like, oh my gosh, we're onto something. We wrote this song. He told me that that was that three hour session was better than six years at the VA Hospital, that he's been no bashing in the VA Hospital. They went leaps and bounds. Now they're doing awesome. But I knew in that moment I had to do this, and so I just pushed on. And every time I came back, I meet more songwriters. And every time I had a veteran town, i'd go to writer's round, I would see someone I like, I'd go up to him. After I'd see Brian Davis playing one hell of an amen, I'd go up to him and say, Hey, you don't know me, but would you write with the venteran if I brought him to town? And one by one they said yes. So my rolodex went from like one pro writer to another to another writing at back of their houses, to music Road to now backstage at the Grand Old Opry with veterans so creative.
Speaker 3: As the goal is to offer opportunities for vets to get relief through music, would that be correct?
Speaker 2: And it's really to show that songwriting isn't just a novelty, it's a life saving measure. It's to empower wined veters to heal through these artistic modalities. Because we do arts programmings around the country, astrophotography for Native American veterans. We're doing programs or Puerto Rico for veterans, or songwriting and art. But the ultimate goal is to know that they could turn to their guitar whenever they want. So after they write their song Backstays of the Opera with these number one writers, we actually teach them how to play guitar, and we send them through a Country Music Hall of Fame words and music program to teach them why they wrote their song the way they did, and they get to write another song, and we have a saff songwriter who write another song with them, so that they now understand that if any trauma ever happens in their life, they could turn to their guitar and start using it. Same with the art programs. That's why we use university so that they can re enroll in the university and feel the same way they did through art and music education.
Speaker 1: How big is this thing gotten now?
Speaker 2: I mean wherever where we hit our music has over like twenty million streams. Now, the veterans just this year has been over a thousand WOW veterans in all fifty states. And in March alone, we flew in a Vietnam veteran born and raised in Hawaii to Nashville to tell his story for Vietnam Vendor's Day and talk about impactful And this is the crazy thing about these stories is that I'm still kind of jaded sometimes in my own experience as a combat veteran, and even just like the whole Vietnam and post nine to eleven era, and I never once thought we always hear about Vietnam veterans getting spit on and not welcomed home and all that stuff. He came and he talked about that, but he said, you know what was even worse is I look like the enemy because he's Hawaiian born. He's like, so even other veterans didn't like me, and I'm like that kind of isolation. But then he puts in a song and it plays it for his family and friends for the first time and they know how to talk to him.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, we're growing rapidly.
Speaker 3: And this expression, I mean, it's expression in a way that maybe feels a little less uncomfortable. Yeah, because I again I haven't served, but I express a lot and I.
Speaker 1: Am not good with vulnerability. It's not masculinity to me, it's vulnerability.
Speaker 3: So I find other ways creatively to do it where I can actually connect with people.
Speaker 1: But this is like life saving. This is like that, but life saving. Yes, this is like like what you look at what you've.
Speaker 3: Created like, it's the lives that you have been able to understand and help make so much more positive. Like I know you're here to promote creativets and we do this stuff together and we're gonna do a check. But I don't know if you ever look in the mirror and go like, man, I'm really proud of what's happened here.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 2: It's when you when you have such a big idea of where I'm still going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard, But every once in a while I look back.
Speaker 2: I literally it took me a while, and it gives this point to really look back and see even my staff and team and what we help and I say, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I feel like today I couldn't start creativets because when it was just me for four years, I had one helper for two of these years, but I would teach SEC for eight veterans for three straight weeks, living in the dorms with them, recruited all of them, flew them all out there, taught the course to come back to Nashville and write with other veterans, and just vice versa. Not making any salary, going extreme debt. And now I look back and I'm kind of living comfortably and I'm helping all these veterans.
Speaker 1: I have a staff, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't do that. I could have never started this, but I have to reflect on all the people who helped me get to this point.
Speaker 1: And it does.
Speaker 2: It's overwhelming when I think about it, but I feel like I have so much more to do.
Speaker 3: At the same time, what can people listening do if they're hearing this and they want to help, or they want to contribute, or they want like, what can people listening to my show right now?
Speaker 1: What can they do?
Speaker 2: Every nonprofit's going to say this, but we have a waiting list of over eighteen hundred veterans, which is pretty unheard of in the veteran's profit space. So it's only the funding is what is stopping us from reaching every single one of those because we're trying to work with so many veterans and do so many things in the music and art space, but also just even streaming our music is of the easiest ways because creative it's is technically an artist.
Speaker 3: So if they go to their streaming platform I already or whatever and they search creative vets, create t I vets yep.
Speaker 2: If they spell out creative and just put a T S at the end, creative vets, we come up as an artist.
Speaker 1: Oh, hold on, create Hold let me think about this.
Speaker 2: What did you say, just spell out creative and then add ts at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a trick.
Speaker 3: That's a trick, trick because to me, it's creative vets and it is creative vets.
Speaker 1: They'll do double v's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And there's actually a website that is creative it's double v's that doesn't exist, but it has it. It has a donate button on it and they don't take And I'm like, how many how much money they may have stole from us, But.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's how to search for the songs. But it's still creativets.
Speaker 2: But it's awesome because we've had artists lend their vocals to us, so it's Creatid's featuring Aaron Lewis, Finn Skill, Dance Minsky, Creators featuring Justin More, feed Create Creatives featuring Greener Smith, and they're lending their vocals to help bring awareness because there's roughly twenty suicides the day in the Venteran military space four seen those twenties don't actually seek help and so, but they're listening to music. So my thought process around that was, if you have a veteran who is struggling, they search veteran songs. That's why I named our first album Veteran Songs. It wasn't because I was lacking creativity. It was because I know that's what veteran's gonna search and now they're gonna hear a random voice that sounds so like, is this Justin Moore? But they say Creative Vets is the artists. They search us, Google us, and they find out we're gonna pay for their flights or food they're housing to Nashville. So we also start of activating at festivals around the country, just writing with veterans on the spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, so creativets dot org is the website.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's the same word, but yes, it's much easier creative ts if you're gonna search it and check out the music.
Speaker 1: Do you want to bring the check in? Guys?
Speaker 3: I know we have a presentation we're gonna do here, and I'm not sure any sort of number. I gus I'm gonna see it on the big fact check. I saw the check come in, and I like a big check. One of my favorite things in the world is a big check. Those one of those that are way too big that you can't actually take to the bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on in here it comes. It's too big to the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eddy, one of you guys, grab that check right there.
Speaker 1: That lunch lunchbo always wants to hold a big check. Turn it your upside downside? And who are you presenting? Who are you presenting it from? From iHeart Country? No, he has no idea. I Hard Impact. There you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: We're here to get creative.
Speaker 9: You need a microphone, though, dude, I being hard on behalf of iHeart Impact and everything you do for veterans creative events.
Speaker 1: We want to present you this check for fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Come on, well, now we'll take a good picture in a second. Yeah, you just hold the check, you can leave lunchbox. You're done, good job and for lunch No, seriously, thank you. We're so happy to be the part of this. Thanks to you guys, Thanks to Crown Royal for also being a great partner.
Speaker 1: And man, just keep doing what you do. I appreciate it, and.
Speaker 3: Thank you for doing what you did and what you're doing now, what you're going to do in the future, because in every every step of your journey you've been changing people's lives.
Speaker 2: It only helps with the spot. And I just want to say this around Crown specifically, I've never met a brand and I don't drink. I've never I've never drink alcohol and never even taste of beer, nothing like that. I'm like, I almost want to just buy a bottle just to support them, because they don't just they weren't just like here, here's a check. They got me on stage Lane Wilson, which I thought was an amazing experience, but they just kept taking it further and further. But they're not just giving money, but they're building these experiences for a veterans that are once in a lifetime and so I can't thank them enough for even connecting us with you all and have an iHeart just impact, just love on us and it just what's moves moves the needle forward for us.
Speaker 1: Richard're not gonna go. Just take down a bottle of Crown now that one of us ever ever had a drink, just let it rip.
Speaker 7: If you start with like a sip, we're going.
Speaker 1: We're going. There's a reason we don't go because when we go, we go.
Speaker 3: Richard, seriously, thank you so much for what you do and what you're continuing to do. It's an honor to be able to present this check to you guys. Thanks to Crown Royal for being such a big part of it, all the artists that have been a part of it. And if you're listening out there, you can stream the music. Creative ts would be how you stream the music or check out Creative's dot org.
Speaker 1: Richard, thanks for coming in today, man, Thank you so much. Bobby Bone show sorry up today.
Speaker 9: This story comes us from New York City. Ay, thirty three year old man went up in a high rise out on a patio trying to get a drink. Unhappy with the service, so he said, oh let me take that chair.
Speaker 1: Woo throw it over. Let me take that bench woo throw it over. Just thought it was Morgan Walling at first. Honestly, I thought he was going to lead us to that, but it's not, and no word of he was inspired by Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you shouldn't throw stuff off. It's fun, but if it hit somebody down below, that's trouble.
Speaker 11: My kids recently asked me, like why Morgan Walling went to jail, and I told him. They're like, that's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: It is fun unless it hits somebody right then it's not that fun because then you just hurt somebody, maybe even killed them. But yeah, you can't throw stuff. You just the video of the guys here in town that jumped off the top of the building with like little parachutes.
Speaker 1: On No, no, the base jumped from the building.
Speaker 9: Ray.
Speaker 1: You had to have seen that on TikTok. That's right up your alley.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fake, but it was one hundred percent real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were up on one of the tall buildings here and they just jumped off and pulled it a little shoot.
Speaker 1: That's amaze down in the street. That is so crazy that people do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, base jumping's wild because I don't even know why. That's different than skydiving. I guess when I went skydiving, I hated it, but I was attached to somebody.
Speaker 11: Well, and skydiving it's like a twenty minute deal like this one.
Speaker 1: What is it? Ten seconds? Yeah, and you know how much time if there's the shoot doesn't work. That's true. That's true. Okay, I'm lunchbox. That's your bonehead story of the day. Lunchboxs. You watched that bank robber show. Eddie was talking, Oh my gosh, how to rob a bank? Haven't I haven't watched it yet. Fantastic, Eddie were lying. I told you, good dude. It is like what in the world is going on right now? On Netflix? Yeah? Netflix one episode, one hour.
Speaker 9: It's like a dog an hour thirty minutes, and it is like I was gonna watch thirty minutes and then maybe watch the rest. The next day, I sat there watched the whole thing. My wife, she's not very good at watching TV. She likes to scroll the insta. There was no insta going on at this time. It was all in on the bank robbery.
Speaker 1: And you can't say much about it. I'm not gonna say much. I'm just gonna say, moi Benito Italian. I don't know. I just want to. I just want to say it was really good in different language, and I think that was like real beautiful is what you said?
Speaker 3: Here is what it says on Rotten Tomatoes. In the nineteen nineties, Seattle, the world's Best bank robber has it all looks charm, a sprawling treehouse hideout, and an uncanny ability to disappear boom using Hollywood style makeup. But as law enforcement it is closer. His once carefully like spirals into a suffocating trap. Oh yeah, forcing him and his crew to risk it all in one final heist. And this is not a movie, this is a documentary.
Speaker 1: I could realize that better myself. We know that. Yeah, that was really good.
Speaker 9: I mean it was so entertaining, and it was just like, man, this is a wild.
Speaker 6: So looking at him. I just googled him and he doesn't look like a bay.
Speaker 7: I know. I haven't seen it, so I can't spoil it.
Speaker 1: We don't even know who you're talking about, Amy, I'm.
Speaker 7: Talking about the guy.
Speaker 6: He's good looking, like I wouldn't ever look at him and think he's robbing banks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see him here they called him Hollywood. Yeah, got big hair. They like nopelnde brown hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh well, then I'm excited to watch it. We finally watched Done two.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, second part.
Speaker 9: Hey movie, Mike, you guys hated those movies though, I thought you hated Doing Well. No.
Speaker 3: I watched Doing one and he said it was like a two and a half. But my wife liked it a lot more. So I wanted to watch doone too because she wanted to watch Doune Too. She watched a buch of my crap and so watched Doon Too.
Speaker 1: I kind of like Doom Too and two better than Dude one. There's more action in it. Yeah, and Elvis is in it. Yeah, it's in the butler. Oh he is? I forgot about that. Oh you've seen Doing Too?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I saw Doing Too and not Doing One. That was stupid. Oh yeah, that's terrible. Who told you to do that?
Speaker 9: Son?
Speaker 1: My sixteen year old, Oh no, you have to watch Doon one. It's like eighty hours long. But just so you kind of understand what's going on.
Speaker 11: My son said, don't worry, you don't have to watch Done one. Let's just go to the movies. And go watch Done two. I watch the whole movie, Like, dude, I don't get any of this.
Speaker 1: That's problem. That's a problem for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like Doing two. Yeah, it's good. Three and a half out of five, about out of three, yeah, I thought.
Speaker 3: And also once Mike said that he didn't like Doing one that much and that Done two was only a little bit better. My expectation was lower, So I think I liked it more because my expectation was lower. That helps it, isn't that a motto on life? Yeah, expect her to be crap and then when it's a little better, be happy with it. Dude.
Speaker 1: How cool? When when they when they do the surfing, that's cool. Huh oh yeah that's so cool.
Speaker 7: Well, I hope that's not giving anything.
Speaker 1: You could even say what it is, right? Yeah? They were they warm? Yeah, yeah that's cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched both of them, and I'm in agrance. Done one. I liked Doing one, but Done two is definitely better. There's more happening in it. I thought that Austin Butlers, he was good. Yeah, he was intense. Yeah, he's bald, So I didn't realize it was him. I didn't either.
Speaker 3: My wife goes Austin Butler and I'm like where, She's like the guy on the screen.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, you're hearing. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, I like to murder everybody in the galaxy.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's it, Thank you guys, have a great day. All buy everybody The Bobby Bone Show.