Speaker 1: Tanya. We're in the middle of the trending zone with the training report, and these are two types of people in your life according to Reese Witherspoon. Yes, so you should deal with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well deal with or not deal with. So it's the start of the new year, and I feel like there's always advice to get from Reese Witherspoon. She always has those little nuggets, and this life lesson came from her grandmother. She said, people are either radiators or their drains, and you need to spend time around the radiators, the people who radiate goodness and light and positivity, not the drains, the people who drag you down. So I thought this was a really great exercise seeing that it is the beginning of a brand new year, a fresh start. Step one is to identify the drains and the radiators in your life right identify who they are. Step two is to recognize who those people are in your life and what role they play. And then step three is to create boundaries because maybe you have somebody in your family that's a drain. You obviously can't get rid of that person there in your family, but creating healthy boundaries so that you don't let that drainness get into your radiator ness.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I like to think that it can't be distilled down to such simplicity and black or white, but I actually agree. If you can't even think about it, and I'm going through names in my head and I'm associating certain feelings and I'm thinking, Okay, that person, while I really like them more times than not, it's like a drain.
Speaker 3: You know how the conversation's gonna go. If you pick up the phone to call them, or if they're gonna come over to your house, you know that all they're gonna do is talk about themselves and all they wanted advice, and they just you don't even they don't even ask you a question about your life, And it's a drain.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm fine if you don't ask a question about my life, matter of fact everything, Yeah, don't. But every to me like it's it could be it could be that, but it's also no.
Speaker 3: But I can't be a therapist. I can't sit there and fix your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't do that. The drains that just wanna They ask you so many things and like why aren't you doing this? What are you doing this? Why haven't you done this?
Speaker 1: And it's like like they walk into your world and think they can solve every one of your problems. It's like, bro, it's complicated right right.
Speaker 3: It needs to be a.
Speaker 1: Balance trains and radiators. Yeah, people either they either suck it out or give it out. Right, they either suck stuff from you or they they're either yeah, that's the same thing. I'm thinking the same thing, say, basically synonyms of that which.
Speaker 3: You need to radiate that person a little bit and they need to radiate you back.
Speaker 1: Givers are suckers, yeah, and suckers are givers, right, Suckers are not givers, are not givers. It's what givers or suckers
Speaker 3: In the words of Snoop Dogg Puff Puff give