Speaker 1: All right, we're good bussing with the boys, hanging with the fan.
Speaker 2: Betting on the game.
Speaker 3: No moment's gonna.
Speaker 4: Tell us what you do, not be. We're here.
Speaker 5: Just drinking beer and making nand over.
Speaker 4: Baby, I'm hanging with the feelers, Busting with the boys. Bro.
Speaker 3: Welcome here to another episode of Busting with the Boys. This is episode three hundred and ninety one, creeping looking behind the curtain. We're on the corner of episode four hundred sneaking up on a big, big guess. We're hopefully get for that one. As always, Busting with the Boys presented by FanDuel Sportsbook, America's number one sportsbook. Now, if you're scoo, if you're scooping out a few weeks of the baseball games, fandle is giving you another reason to lock in. Beginning Thursday, you can claim a profit boost in the fandel app and use it on any bet type for that day's MLB action. That's any type of bet. It was moneyline, player, prop totals, home run bets. Jesus, I'm having a hard time with this adoid. Whatever catches your eye, all you've got to do is open the app tap claim now and apply your profit boosts before you place your wagers. So whether you're backing your aces to get the job done, shooting for a slugger to hit one out of the park, or have a same game parlay that puts it all together, this is your chance to make a win a little sweeter. Head Tofandel dot com forward slash bust and to get started. Fandel your home for home runs. Our guest today is also our host, William Earl Compton the Third. He's sent me a nice little text message around five pm. Hey, one hundred and three degree fever.
Speaker 4: I'm dying.
Speaker 3: I can't sleep, my throat's closing up.
Speaker 4: What's going on.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna trying to make it to work tomorrow. I hit the quick pause button on that Jeremy Clump. He's got a young baby at home. Myself. I got a ten day old at home at this point, so it's like, do whatever you gotta do, but dude, it in your own time, in your own location. But because we're not gonna have it, so we took out Will and we brought in just an absolute legend of the game. College football is right around the corner. You see his tweets every Saturday, counting him down. When it comes to the cornfields, He's sitting there looking up Brandon Walker out there trying to take his game and make it his own. He is the commissioner of college football. He's the one, the only Joshua pay give him around of a blah. It's an honor to have you on the bus once again.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm happy to be here. I know you are always happy.
Speaker 4: To be here.
Speaker 3: This is I wouldn't say your number one favorite stop in July, however, a favorite top twenty, top one hundred stop in July.
Speaker 6: I first thing Monday morning is Compton text. Second thing Monday morning, as we you and I recording, is you caught that this morning talking about my favorite stops in July. Yeah, that's the steam Boots are important though you don't need one. You don't need one relationships, self esteem, butush, you got to find the people out there in the world that need a little juice and you give it to them and they'll remember it forever. Yeah, and that's what's important. It is so I'm happy to be here. I just hate the circumstances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've had a lot going on the last couple of weeks. One thing for sure is that there was news in a universe that we used to live in where a guy is leaving a show and starting his own show. I don't know if this is the two point zero version or not, but Brendan Walker has said that he is doing his own college football show.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Since then, he's kind of taking a weird approach of I don't know if he's mocking you, if he's trying to duplicate you, if he's doing all the thing he just sees what you're doing. Is I'm gonna do that? Let me get an AI version of myself with a stronger chin than a video of a cornfield. How does that make you feel? I guess is what I'm asking.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 6: It's got to be how McDonald's felt when Burger King popped up on the street corner. But the thing about that burger king does great, They do well, they do wonderful, and they make tons of money every year. Yeah, not McDonald's. Who is, no one who is? So Mima always told me, you know, you want to know if you're a leader, look over your shoulder, and I look over my shoulder. It's not ideal to see Brandon Walker but at least someone's behind me.
Speaker 3: At least someone's there. Yeah, that's got to be It's interesting. It's like, Okay, I have a fun follower. That's exciting, but also it's that guy and that can be tough sometimes, Right, you don't get to choose who follows you.
Speaker 6: No, you don't. You don't have that, but you need to acknowledge it. It's got to be tough. It's got to be a pressure cooker for him though. You know, it's one thing if if you can be on camera and you got a lot of other people to support you and help you out, and you're there on Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, Casey's there, t Bob's there, whoever's there, because if you screw up, you can just throw it off on them. But when you go solo, like you almost had to do today, when you go solo, it's you sink or swim because of you. You succeed or fail because of yourself. And if you've got the endless resources that he's going to have to work with up.
Speaker 3: There, if you fail, it's one hundred percent on you.
Speaker 6: Do you even show your face anymore?
Speaker 3: Man in the arena, Man in the arena. Brenda Walker staring down the barrel of a very very high caliber gun going into this falls.
Speaker 6: What you're saying figuratively.
Speaker 3: Figuratively, not literally, not literally, dude, football is six weeks away.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's almost here. I remember getting juiced up just below the waistline when I saw you posting eleven weeks away. I was like, oh my god, look at this. Yep, it's really so close. And now truly, after this week, we're in August. We're essentially one month away from the greatest four or five months of our entire life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I never used to take July off. Now I'm gonna go. I'm not gonna go as far as I took it off because I've done a lot of work in July. I've had the sleeves rolled up in July. It's just been a lot of behind the curtain stuff. But I always thought, well, if you took a month and you didn't do a show, would that be like folding the hose pipe in the garden and then once you let the hosepipe go, the water just sprays everywhere? Or would people just forget about you? How long would July feel. I feel like July has felt every bit as long as the twenty six twenty seven ish days that we are into it so far. Went to the beach for the first time, that took a vacation for the first time in five years.
Speaker 4: Five years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did not take a vacation day. So we built the show up for five years. It's time to take a little bit of a vacation. Hit some media days last week in Tampa. Got a few more stops up my sleeve, if you will, before we hit the ground run and start the show's season next week. But July has been very as you can see, it's been very eclectic for me.
Speaker 4: You look WestEd, you look.
Speaker 3: Like you've gotten what you've needed out of that five year stint and get a little break, and you look like you're ready for another five years straight.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: One thing that I have a hard time with vacations like I always go, We'll go down to the beach like you did, We'll travel to Canada, where my wife is from, We'll take the family stuff like that, and I do relax during those points. But I don't know if you feel away about doing what will and I do for a job three sixty five, you kind of feel like you don't have to take a vacation. It's so much fun. Like there's points like I think when you get to that second week in February and the Super Bowls there, you're like, Wow, I could really use ten days without some football ten days at that point. It's crazy to say that now in July, But do you ever feel that way doing what you've done and hearing you last time you were on the show doing the CBS sitting in the car talking to yourself. They walk in segments on the radio, you turn it down, so you just kind of finished a segment and getting to that point now to where you are now, does it feel like you work or does it feel like, Yo, this is awesome.
Speaker 6: It is a lot different if you do something you like to do for a living or if you love to do it for a living. Yeah, you don't long for that two week stretch the same way that maybe, like I would have if I were working former jobs I used to work. That was horrible.
Speaker 4: That was manstream media death March, not even.
Speaker 6: That before that. Hey, at least in media, at least you're kind of covering what you love. Even if you're not doing it on your terms all the time. But this is it was mainly like when you're gone. If I'm going seventy two hours, okay, but anything beyond three days, you start to think, what is this itch? One of my kneecaps, one of my elbows feel a little itchy the pre workout I just took. What is that? Well, it's kind of missing out because you've never taken a seventy two hour chunk and been silent about college football in the past half decade, So that that that's a little bit of a got to got to peel away. Sometimes you got to pop out on the deck, answer some emails, maybe fire some tweets off, check the YouTube analytics, maybe post a short you had saved in drafts for a rainy.
Speaker 3: Day, just put something out there to see if you still have it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you remember?
Speaker 3: Do people understand what's going to take place this faar? Have they forgotten about me already?
Speaker 6: I hope they understand?
Speaker 3: How they do?
Speaker 6: I don't think they do. I don't even think we understand.
Speaker 4: We definitely don't.
Speaker 3: I saw some crazy rumors last week too, Internet, and I know, like usually when shows get into things are like, Oh, the juiciest these two guys. They want to talk about the one subject that came up about them. They should leave it to the end of the show, so people stayed longer and they want to know that information. We're not good at our shows. Well I'm not good at the show. So what was your What was your thought process when you saw a crazy article come out about the legendary one of one Josh pay who owns the area of college football and is the next great thing plus Busting with the Boys has their own show on ESPN.
Speaker 6: Well, I assume that you're talking about things that sort of semi broke last week in the rumor mill. You know how the internet and media can be. I'll just say this. I saw those reports just like you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought to myself self, if there's validity to those reports, Wow, what a concept. Wow, what a time those guys could have, right if those reports are real. Now, only if those reports are real, we understand how to qualify all reports with the word allegedly. There's a lot of hearsay, there's a lot of innuendo out there. But all I'm saying is college football is the number two sport in this country and said network that the reports linked those three men to, it's the biggest sports media network on the planet in the world. So if that sports media network conglomerate, if you will, behemoth, Yep, we're to lean more into college football. It's got to be a win for America. Not just for the people involved, it's got to be a win for America.
Speaker 3: I mean, my god. Yeah, Like, allegedly, if this show were to take place, this would be the biggest win America seeing the last two hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 6: Now here's what wouldn't be a win. Okay, if it's just a whole bunch of frat bro culture sprayed all over your TV screen, that's disgusting you.
Speaker 3: If allegedly, if those three individuals were to have a show to essentially save America, it was just called the show Save America. You would want to have three guys having a great time, a fun time where you feel like you're watching from your couches, from your bar, wherever it is, being like, I also feel like I'm invested in this conversation while also having some sort of education taking place of what's going to happen that Saturday.
Speaker 6: I want to tell you what I miss Tell me what you missed it?
Speaker 4: I miss?
Speaker 3: Hey quick ten second time out. We just we just got Will Compton shirtless in a.
Speaker 4: In a room.
Speaker 5: That's what That's what we don't want.
Speaker 3: That's that's frat boy culture. We can't have that. But that's a good example of show people what we shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't want that.
Speaker 6: We don't want the away from that. There's already enough of that right out in the ecosphere too much. Wrapp don't need that. Right got to meet a standard that's not the standard. Right, although that young man fully clothed may help the overall product meet the standard.
Speaker 3: I agree with everything you just said. I'll tell you what this is and let's just stay on this photo for one more second. The difference between Will's front side and his backside are two totally different Wills.
Speaker 6: Oh, where are you going with that?
Speaker 3: Well, we're not going to focus on the front side because we're not going to be nasty on this show. But the backside of Will, he's got some like the backstrap, you know when you wap somebody up and he kind of hit their mid back. He's got that muscles. Holyh it's a classic recruiting visitor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when bo Polini grabbed Will's back, he knew right then and there he had offered Will compan a scholarship. That's all I'll say. And that is educational and fun. And that's an example of what this show would allegedly be.
Speaker 6: It is great that it says fresh produce right above its head correctly.
Speaker 3: A clean take, include that the clean does the Kevinsazial Foods clean take at the Kevinsaual Foods clean take right there.
Speaker 6: But you were saying Fridays Fridays. Everybody knows about Saturdays, but Fridays in the fall. You got to understand, go back to yourself as a child, because we don't want to lose the spirit of childlike wonder on any show that you're going to allegedly put on on Fridays revolving around the greatest sport in the world, which to people like me is college football. The Friday is the it's the build. The Friday is the shaking up of the Saturday coke bottle. And you can feel the pressure building. People coming into town, families, kids checking out of school early. Let's hit the road. We got to get to the tailgate we got to go see our friends that we see maybe eight weekends out of the year, and you see that line of cars looks like red ants just marching into town at night. I want to show this stuff's going to happen allegedly, allegedly. I want to show that captures that the vibe of Friday, the vibe of T minus twenty four hours, twenty one hours, seventeen hours. And it may be all quiet right now, but when that clock hits zero tomorrow, it's going to be all out chaos. God, something needs to encapsulate that feeling. Not fret boy culture. No, no, we don't want that in our face. We don't want What we want in our face is a good, solid Friday hang with guys who get it, for other people who get it.
Speaker 3: My god, something that just bottles everything up and lets you know, yeah, we're not the exact party taking place, because we the party is these two schools that are going at it. Let's just say allegedly we're on location, but let's have a little pregame. Well, we get to have a whole full conversation about what's to come of the night. Every time you remember being college, we all remember being college. And not to bring a frat boy culture into this, but a good position of frat boy culture is sometimes the pregame is the best thing because it's the expectation, the excitement that takes place about what could possibly happen. And if there's a place, a family friendly place that these line of red ants can take and come and park their cars right behind three gentlemen who get it, understand it, and love it, get to talk about the expectation and the excitement of the next twenty four hours. My god, I mean talk about save in America's talk about saving the economy. This woman who needs a straight up her moose. When you have a show like that.
Speaker 5: Crime rate, crime rates plumbting.
Speaker 4: Any.
Speaker 3: Crime rate is plummeting, plumbering. We should but listen, this is all allegedly it is. And the last thing we want to do for the fans of our show, the fans of Josh Paige show, is to give them too much hope. Right, We always want to have a little bit of that because that's what keeps us moving in life. All right, But let's just let's jump off, let's get off that subject, let's get away from it. Surem, did you have something.
Speaker 5: Just one last thing. This is daydreaming.
Speaker 4: We're daydreaming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is like, Oh, wouldn't it be fun if you guys would like be talking to people at the schools associated with the teams, stuff like that, having fun conversations if that were to happen, if you were to be there on Fridays.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure if anyone was on a campus on a Friday before a big time game the next day, I'm sure you would meet the challenge of loading that college football adjacent show up with as much meat as possible. You are the bone. It's up to you to put the meat on it right day in and day out. College football is the meat.
Speaker 5: That would be fun, right, That would be fun.
Speaker 3: And we're not sitting here think we're going to save everything. We're just a vessel in order to save everything. Yeah, allegedly, thank you, Jared. Allegedly. Let's get us some callbacks? Huh?
Speaker 4: Shall we?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Some callbacks?
Speaker 3: Do you feel good about that?
Speaker 6: I feel great about you.
Speaker 3: Obviously, are a huge fan of show. You watch every single week we do callbacks, so we have fans who go and watch the previous show. The previous show last week was Clay, Matthews, Delaney Walker, and Will Compton. I was out, I was where was I?
Speaker 4: I had a baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a child that has actually not officially been announced.
Speaker 4: But I have a baby. Now.
Speaker 3: Oh we can call out, we can go we you know, kind of keep the you know, the privacy there. You know, she's doing help, she's healthy, all the things. But the first tier talk comes from, uh can you zoom in on that a little bit? These eyes? These eyes? Yeah yeah. Shaw Lacroix fifty two eighty two says need more Delaney Clay content country Living with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Working title.
Speaker 3: Everything's always a working title until it's not, until it's you know, fine print put in pend I love the idea. I think anytime Delaney Walker, you see it with the Mitch and Delaney doing the motocross stuff, it's like, yeah, this guys, you've been around him. Yeah, he's a fun guy. He checks a lot of boxes for you. He gets after it in a lot of way. The guys are unbelievable. So the more content, Oh you're not gonna let me just skim over that.
Speaker 5: Let me just skim over that?
Speaker 3: What do I mean by that? Checks a lot of boxes? Dude, he's smart, he's fun to be around. He's done well for himself, so it's not about the money for him, it's about the content. Well, well you guys that I was saying.
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 4: Literally, Oh yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 5: Great great person to just to be around.
Speaker 3: Right, great guy to be around.
Speaker 5: That's a he's a tied end, so he like blocked and.
Speaker 3: Caught, so you can do it all. Yeah, blocked and cott is a great way to say. That's what a tied end does. Checks a lot of boxes. Understands busting culture, understands busting culture.
Speaker 6: Which is not frat boyd culture. No, that's not what that is.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: See what I'm getting skind of nervous about is you keep saying for a bloid culture like someone's talking about fra Bloyd culture. If something happening in the university, I don't know about it.
Speaker 6: All I want to tell you is and this is in the world where this is in the world of allegedly. Okay, this isn't the world adjacent to reality.
Speaker 3: I can't be mad at anything this is allegedly.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let you decide whether you could be mad. Just some allegations get thrown out proactive allegation, allegations of things that haven't even happened yet, Like what descriptors of shows that haven't even aired yet? Are you serious of people who you haven't even met yet? Are you people that don't know me as a person. And I didn't even say you, you said you, You just assumed it's about you.
Speaker 3: I just that's main character syndrome. That's just kind of the world I live it. I can't can't blame myself or I was brought up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I just think it's a shame when it happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that, you know, allegedly, if we're gonna live in this world, all I would say to that, if there are people throwing around things that may or may not be about me or well Confident or this show, and allegedly other things that might take place in the fall, it just shows us how much more we need football, right, And that's the thing that you brought up shore. When the nastiness you see June July, people get a little more oneryeple, cutting off people more on the highway.
Speaker 6: Not even their fault.
Speaker 3: People are running around, it's not not even their fault, not their fault the bad things that are happening in the summertime to an extent, right, because you got to cover your basis to an extent is because we don't have football back in our lives.
Speaker 4: You'll blame it on the heat. They will on the heat. They will, they will.
Speaker 6: You know, penicillin, some people say is the greatest medicine. September is the greatest medicine.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you allergic to September.
Speaker 3: I'm not allergic September, but I am penicilla. I'm allergic this one coachroma dude thirty three six, A yo, no, lie, I'd watch a mow off between Delaney and Clay. That should be fire. That should be fire, says Do thirty three oh six. I love that, dude, I love that. I literally there's nothing. Yeah, that's a ten to ten no notes. I could sit there and be and try to break that down. But if they should be fire, watching a couple of guys cut some grass, make taller grass shorter. Hey, do your thing. I'm in the Campbellville Compton.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not in this world to cut grass. I'm not here to do that. And caught some heat, are you gras you cut the grass, Jo Josh is not a grass cutting guy.
Speaker 6: I'm the kind of guy who looks around at various state parks and public property areas in and around our wonderful community and say, if my tax dollars are otherwise going to cut that patch of land and the public's calling for a mow off, why not kill two birds with one stone. I see a business opportunity. I see am mayoral platform pillar. When I see that, that's what I see.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, dude, it's so unbelievable to get a guy on this show who's never taken a headshot in his life.
Speaker 4: This is either way your brand operates.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Did you just start saying things? I'm like, holy shit, idea, it's a good idea.
Speaker 7: Mayoral platform just perfectly doesn't answer zero prompt to that at all. Do you like to you know what, dude, our tax dollars should be used for guys to have mo offs. That should be what's going on here? Or say the tax dollars whatever we was really trying to get in here.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: See Wilder fifteen seventy six says no context. Adam Ray Francis Elis and Josh Peyton.
Speaker 6: Now you need to explain that one to me because this I looked at it and I said, that's a nice thing to say. But then when we looked at it earlier, you said you have no idea. Well, how lofty this compliment.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what this meant either.
Speaker 5: We asked for.
Speaker 4: Give us your best episodes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is for the best episodes that this individual has witnessed on Busting with the boards. Keep in mind this is episode three hundred and ninety one, close to four hundred, close to that's very good. You're good at math as well. So when you this guy goes, these are the three people that come to mind. Adam Ray, I think we got on there and it was a giggly bits time the entire time. It was ninety minutes to two hours of just him being funny. I think we're all the three of us collectively chemistry. Why this was in the flow state. It was beautiful. Francis Ellis. I believe Jared, you're a number one fan of Francis ELA's correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 3: And that's not even a shot.
Speaker 4: That's just like I thought I was biased because I love it right you were.
Speaker 3: To talking about a guy that episode. He's got an unbelievable vocabulary, the way he tells stories. He's obviously in the comedy right now. He's part of the barstool universe. The stories he was telling about Dave when he got fired and brought back, Like, Francis Ellis is a guy that you can listen.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's okay, you'll understand locky going.
Speaker 3: Francis Ellis is a guy that you want to sit down and listen to for hours and hours. And then Joshua pet I mean time, how many times have you been on the show?
Speaker 6: Is this three? On on busting? Is this three?
Speaker 5: Three or four?
Speaker 8: Because you did the ice Smageddon or whatever we called it that one episode Ice mcgeddon.
Speaker 3: He's also done a couple of college football recaps.
Speaker 6: I forgot about Ice mcgeddon where I fled Columbus. I wasn't even here.
Speaker 3: You did run away about josh Goes mister weather guy himself. We're batting down the hatches, we're looking around for who's gonna be side by side in the trenches with us, And you're going, I'm didn't I tell you ahead of time? You told me about a week and a half. Yeah, I'm gone because you're on those day of monitors that know exactly what's happening. And there was a fun time of us uh talking back and forth about where the line is for the ice and the snow, and you were hoping that the line would dip south a little bit more so Nashville'll be more snow covered, a little more snow day asque not snow. Mcgeddon. That took place and had over five hundred thousand people without power. We I mean me personally, I didn't have power for ten days, ten whole days.
Speaker 4: Generator.
Speaker 3: It was worth every penny like that generator was extremely expensive. And dude, I've told this story one of my neighbors. I don't know if you've heard this. One of my neighbors. He has a U a pacemaker type of thing. Yeah, you told me, okay, and it goes up here was his life. Yeah, okay, So as long as you know I'm a hero, Okay, that's it. But we shouldn't talk about how many times you've been on here. We shuld talk about the quality of times you've been on here. And if I'm going to say, what is one of the best stories you've ever heard on Busting with the Boys. It's Josh Pate talking about his your grandfather being cremated. Oh, Pee Paul, Yeah, Peo Paul being cremated. Wasn't able to make it, and then found out years and years later that that was forgot.
Speaker 6: I told you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that crazy? Yeah, it's kind of nice.
Speaker 7: People were like commenting about it, right, it's I heard about it correct.
Speaker 6: I think it's like it's Tri State Crematorium. It's either in extreme northern Georgia or extreme southern Tennessee. And so like very thirty second condensed version of this For those who didn't tune in, shame on you, on you. Pee Paul passes away, good man. We lost him a long time ago. He wanted to get cremated. He wanted his ashes spread in this dream that he used to fish in up in the mountains in the Smokies. So we get him cremated, We go spread as ashes. Not another word is said about it. We go.
Speaker 4: Years later.
Speaker 6: I come home from school one day, my mom braces me for some news that's come out, and all over every cable news network everything, there's this huge scandal that's broken at a place called this Tri State Crematorium, thinks what it was called, where they were just throwing bodies all over their property in sheds in a lake because they're incinerator had busted up, but they were still taking bodies in. And there's this I have learned since a huge multi episode podcast dedicated to this since you told this story. I forget the title of it, but I listened to it, okay, And they did a really, really good job. So they got two thousand bodies had been sent to Tri State, and at some point that dude, Ray Brent Marsh took over the business, and his business did not consist of burning the bodies and giving back the ashes. He was given back ashes. We got ashes, but they were not people's ashes, so we spread the ashes. Years later, they find people's body still intact, badly decomposed, badly decomposed on their property in a shed. So we had to get him recremated years later, and we went back in respread his ashes.
Speaker 3: Now, you've told this story before, but how many years later was this? Several years? Several years later? God, how old does it take for a body to decompose? They could only I mean I feel like that's there should have been enough time to hit us with a skeleton.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Well, here was the thing. He still had his toe tag on him.
Speaker 3: That's how they identified it.
Speaker 6: That was literally they didn't need to do the dental records thing, although I guess you could do dental records, but he's the body still had the tow tags. This was not very, very strategically like a well calibrated operation. They would just like toss the bodies like garbage wherever they could toss them.
Speaker 3: Start a fire out back. Yeah, take the ashes from that and put it in a jar.
Speaker 6: Here we have the process of body composition. Speaking of college football being right around the corner, Peopaul was past the two in fifty day mark there, Pee Pauls down there at the bottom down there. If you just if you just see gi to toe tag on that skeleton, that was people.
Speaker 4: That's kind of scary.
Speaker 3: George Pay, do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 6: I don't, but I believe that other people do believe in them.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you're you're on the probably do not believe in ghosts.
Speaker 6: I'm out on ghosts because there's a road called Smith Road where I grew up and there was this Korean family. You can tell this is gonna be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Dad used to drive us to school every morning and we would drive past a house. There's a little Korean family.
Speaker 3: They were full of Koreans.
Speaker 6: They were always waiting for the bus. We would wave to them every morning. It's one of those instances where we never knew their name, but we kind of felt like we had a bond with them. The Koreans move away, the house just sits there. It never got moved into. There was a for sale sign. I kid you not at this house for like fifteen years. It never got moved into. The forest just swallowed the house. Now, most people didn't know the house was back there because even though it's only like a hundred and fiftyw hundred freet in the road, you can't see it because in Harris County, George, the forest grows pretty thick. It's like a rainforest. So I grow up, I become like a teenager. I have a driver's license at that point, and I think, wait a second, that house has got to still be back there. So we started planning going back there.
Speaker 4: Quick.
Speaker 6: Puss, Who's we Me and some friends.
Speaker 4: You and your degenerator.
Speaker 6: They are inconsequential. They are not main characters in the story. The Koreans aren't e The house is the main character. So we would go back in the woods, we find the house. We go in the house. It's very clear and no one's been in there. Also, I don't think that house was up to code it was built. The floors were a little tilted, very strange. We go in there and there were chalk drawings of like voodoo doll looking things on all the walls. So I thought to myself, if there was ever gonna be a ghost, it would be in here. And nothing ever happened, nothing ever happened. What we would do, well, hold on, how long would.
Speaker 3: You spend and the voodoo drawn, vacant house ignorant.
Speaker 6: We spent hours in there, and then the natural thing you think is we could really do some damage to people psychologically in this place. So we started planting one of us in the house ahead of time, and then we would take newbies Korean House, abandon Korean House rookies out into the house and they would get terrified.
Speaker 3: I thought you'd better say, take Koreans to bring them in there. Specifically, find Koreans and bring them into this house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now that I think about it, it's not even important to let you know they were of Korean descent.
Speaker 3: It's just that that's a fun that's a fun detail. Yeah, and it kind of makes you they draws you in a little bit more. What were these Koreans up to over?
Speaker 4: You know what's said?
Speaker 3: Not like a well you know what I'm saying, not like a you know, but like it's fun to kind of just know more details of the story.
Speaker 6: And you know what's sad they tore that thing down within the last year. No, they just tore it down.
Speaker 3: Why did you buy it? I'm sure it wasn't very expensive it was, Yeah, but I mean that's a piece of history right there, Josh Pat's life. That's where Josh pet definitively decided that the ghosts do not exist. And if there's ever a place to make a purchase, it's when you figure out whether a ghost or do or do not exist to you, I.
Speaker 6: Really regret that now that you mentioned it that way.
Speaker 4: I'm not here to bring regret in your life.
Speaker 6: I've lived without it my whole life until now we.
Speaker 3: Have this episode to bring you neutral neutral tastes great tastes so much better than anything I've ever tried out there. Rutel's made with real vodka and real juice. That's what makes it taste delicious. They come in a variety of flavors. My personal favorites are pineapple and lime. Perfect for social occasions, It's a crowd pleaser, especially during the summer. Think about beach with friends, an outdoor bar on a lake, at a music festival. It's the perfect time of year to grab a twelve pack of Neutral for the beach, or grab a bucket deal in your favorite bar to celebrate summer Neutral keep it tasty. Also, are about to you buy Form Energy Form Jury delivers and best in class taste with natural flavor and zero sugar. Form comes. Form Energy has natural caffeine derived from green tea. They come in a variety of flavors. So I'm about screaming Freedom, grape smashed, blue Blitz, Orange Fury. It's perfect for those who put in the work. You got a ten ten day old baby at home, You wake up early in the morning, you handle her for a little bit, give her to mom to half some milk, Go get a workout in come to the shop, do a two hour podcast with Josh Pate Go Get on a Planet MPM to find to La. That's called doing the work form energy. We do the work really taking a turn for the work.
Speaker 6: When I tell you the house was not up to code, I mean it looked like a group of us got together with no education and construction and we just built a house best way we knew how. Two stories.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, did you ever go upstairs?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's where the house where comes in.
Speaker 3: Because if we walked into that same house, the same style of house, and it was two stories, we'd probably get three steps up and go, hey, we probably shouldn't do it. Yeah, and they kind of give a little more here, a small little crack, and that would be enough for us to go, hey, risk is not worth the worth the reward here to find out what may or may not be up there, Let's not do it. But something about being an ignorant teenager, ma'am. But that's all it took for you to figure out that ghost don't exists.
Speaker 6: That was it. That's what my mind goes to when people ask me, like my spectrum of believability of ghosts goes right back to if they're not in that old Korean abandoned house. Then they're not here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would.
Speaker 5: He would be great to bring along any type of future ghost hunt that you do, or any type of hunted house, because Josh can face down anything. He can tell you if it's real or not. That's a good kind of advocate to bring.
Speaker 3: He's a good character in a story to be like the denier to the end, like any like paranormal movie, the conjuring. You see, it's always a dad that's like, no, the chairs are supposed to move without anybody in them. It's all good, everything's fine. Oh the lights go out all the time. His house is not up to code. And then finally your daughter's heads spinning around in circles and you're like, okay, this is fucked up. That's when you get to the point you're like, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, this is bad real estate page whole time.
Speaker 5: We should leave.
Speaker 3: It's like we're staying, all right, these are our roots. That's our roots, guy, right there.
Speaker 6: You know, about this time in my life was when Blair Witch Project come out, So about the time one of the great you're really you're really leaning into that whole genre at that point and so Blair in theaters and back then, Like, I don't know if if someone's twenty years old watching this, you can't possibly understand the impact Blair which had on the culture. Yeah, because that was like it was at the dawn of the internet culture. It was way pre social media culture. It was still in a period of time where you could go watch a movie a found footage and be convinced what you were watching was real. Yes, okay, so you got that in the movie theaters. You got an abandoned Korean house that the forest has swallowed up. It took some stones to go in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt. I'm not questioning your courage or your bravery when it talks of this not up to code Korean house.
Speaker 6: Like this this freeze frame if you know, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that is I have chills running through my body at this moment, and it also gets me kind of excited because I know Spootober.
Speaker 4: Is just a couple of months away.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're sixty five days away right now from Spooktober.
Speaker 4: As we're filming.
Speaker 6: This is what constitutes a make or break Spootober.
Speaker 4: Last year, there's rumblings going around last.
Speaker 3: Year that mitches In said, this whole podcast turned a negative town right away. Hey, put the blanker on. We're taking a U turn right here. Go ahead, Mitch.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not I just need to be educated.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to give some context.
Speaker 4: So last Spooktober was a little bit of a bit of a letdown.
Speaker 3: Flower Fears say, you're true, dude, don't say a little bit of a letdown.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I like the two Spootober's ago when we did the tpeing and all that stuff that was fun last year, None of that happened that we the this year is just there's a lot that needs to happen from our fearless leader from Spootober that to bring it all the way back.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you a question, Mitch? Yeah, And I just want if you could. I don't want to give you orders, but I would ask that you maintained eye contact with me and don't look anywhere else. Do you feel like twenty twenty five Spootober went a little bit corporate? Corporate? Like, did it sell out a little bit? No?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't think we sold out at all, because it's not like we necessarily did anything.
Speaker 6: You say, Weed, but you didn't really have a choice. You're just following leadership. It's not your fault. Yeah, it's not on you. So I'm asking do you feel like you were led in a more corporate direction. I don't think we were led in any dirt like there was. There was no leadership period. There was just no really direction. You were just like I'm not calling you trash, I'm saying, but metaphorically, you were trash blowing around the parking lot, and you were whichever direction the wind takes you.
Speaker 4: That looking for a direction to keep our Spootober pride and going along. Wow, Okay, we bring it back here to the set your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Sounds like somebody in the back of his backbone, all right, if he's gonna trash in the wind.
Speaker 6: By backbone, do you mean leadership?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, I'm saying, if you see something, you smell something, say something, right if we're in if it's a if it's Spootober six, can I tell you six day of Spootober. Hold on second, let me land this plane for a second, okay, because to be fair with you, I don't think I don't thinking right now, I don't know where I'm going right now. If it's the sixth of Spootober and you feel like something's some tom Fooler is a foot when it comes to your special holiday that your fearles leader said, see something, say something. Absolutely now, to Mitch's point, I'll keep eye contact with you and not look at him one bit, even though he glanced at Mede a couple of times. I failed this company. I failed this company last year. I can make all the excuses in the world when it comes to what we were doing ESPN on Thursdays corporate, and we had a bunch of things going on from the Fall tour and all that. I did not take it upon myself to make Spootober a special month like it always has been and should for always always should be. So this year it's on me. No one needs to say something, no one needs to do anything. I've got it. I'm gonna figure it out. You'll be a part of it, don't you worry. Spootober is gonna be a very special year this year. It's gonna be a very special year this year. And if it's not, I'll bend the knee, take my leadership cap off, and I'll hand it to somebody else, because that's what good leaders. Do they understand why they're not doing enough for the company?
Speaker 5: Beautiful?
Speaker 3: And when it comes to spootober.
Speaker 4: No one has said that we're not We don't believe in you. No, I know that.
Speaker 3: I think this is true. This is a contract year for me?
Speaker 6: Is this is?
Speaker 3: This is I just signed? Yeah, this is this is It's my sixth year in the league. It hasn't gone my way to the last couple of years. I get cut and I just signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers on a prove it deal. I'm an approved deal right now? Is he gonna be what he was before? Or is this the last u c of Taylor Lawan and spoot Obra. And that's perfectly fine. Put that on my shoulders as I deserve it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: A lot of things coming up allegedly this fall. Is that gonna sway me anyway? Absolutely not. I will tank every show that I do to make sure that Spootobra is good this year. I will not prep for anything, dude, to make sure that spoot Obra is good this year. Look at me, you got me? I love that second hand man. Who's my right hand man?
Speaker 4: Is that you?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 4: That's you? Also?
Speaker 3: I don't know if Josh's gonna have to take the first door the first thing. But you're second tier one. You technically could have both.
Speaker 5: You could have the right hand man and a second hand man.
Speaker 3: Right hand man, see right there. So anyway, I believe in ghosts. Yeah, oh wow, yeah I do. I think they're real.
Speaker 8: Yes, just have a fun little breaking news, uh to to get the vibes up here with Dan Orlovsky.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that's not real? Is that Ai?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No, this is on Get Up This Morning? No, it's not Danlovsky.
Speaker 4: That's fake.
Speaker 5: It's not fake.
Speaker 6: Wait. Oh that's the ear ring.
Speaker 4: The ear ring.
Speaker 5: The ear ring is in.
Speaker 6: He wore it so big. People think it's fake.
Speaker 3: It's a genius move by Dan.
Speaker 8: Is a I didn't look hard enough into it. I think it's just I think it's a real earring. But breaking news.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, before I was literally about to call Dan right now.
Speaker 5: He's gonably live on ESPN right now.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter, It.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 3: Actually, now that I know he might be live on ESPN, I'm gonna call him.
Speaker 6: If he's not corporate, he'll answer. Yes.
Speaker 5: It's a huge moment for Dan Orolovsky.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal. But hey, bookmark that ghost thing.
Speaker 4: M hm, how should we get back to that? Hey?
Speaker 3: Is the photo is the photo? I'm looking at real right now?
Speaker 4: Thanks you?
Speaker 3: It's your photo of you on Get up with a giant block.
Speaker 4: Am miring. That's an accurate photo.
Speaker 3: That's an accurate photo. By the way, you're live on Bust with voice not actually live, was just taped. But how many more days are you on ESPN? Are you on consistently?
Speaker 4: Now? No, I will not be on consistently.
Speaker 3: So you have thirty more days of doing it. So week one of the NFL seas you're gonna have it on?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: I was hoping to maybe have a conversation about an addendum to the contract.
Speaker 1: Oh, just seeing if we could work work something out, because the chances of me wearing that every day, or at least every day that I'm on.
Speaker 5: Probably not high.
Speaker 4: But it's that.
Speaker 3: But you but you did a bet, Remember you did a bet. You were so confident about you car. Sounds like you not.
Speaker 6: I am a man of my word.
Speaker 3: I'm just sometimes players negotiate before the contract's over.
Speaker 4: Maybe we make some changes.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what you could do. To change it up is you don't have to wear a flavor flave size you're in on ESPN. You could wear a smaller one. But I see what you did there with the block am. It's like so gaudy and out there that it's clearly a joke that.
Speaker 4: I was hoping that.
Speaker 3: No, I was hoping that that and the size of it would build me a little bit of build me a little bit of equity. M Okay, I'll put that in the suggestion box. I'm gonna get back to the show. I'll put in the suggestion I'll talk to my people and I'll reach out to your people.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're the best person I know.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, that you know what words go along way with me, So that actually helps your face quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Love you by.
Speaker 3: He said it back. That's such a huge thing, gotta say, I love you back. Huh what are you, Jared?
Speaker 4: Jared? Do you believe in ghosts? Yes?
Speaker 3: Does anybody here besides Josh Payton not believe in ghosts?
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Lonely? Lonely? Lonely? And that's all the call back? Do you my brain work?
Speaker 6: You believe, but you haven't experienced.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying I haven't had an experience, so I don't like I'm still on the fence.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's pretty much with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say I I probably lean more towards you. You know what it was.
Speaker 3: You made him luck eyes with you.
Speaker 6: It works.
Speaker 3: You made him luck eyes with you. You put them in a trance.
Speaker 6: Words have an impact on you. They do eye contact. That's how you get which you didn't even have. Orlovsky on FaceTime. I did, by the way, driving to work on you. No, are you serious?
Speaker 3: I am not betting the need of that. There's there is nothing better in my brain than the first week of the NFL football season. I go or, I am on, zoom on, get up, and Dan has to wear an earring and look me in the eyes?
Speaker 6: Could I oppose you one? Better? Go ahead? It's week two of the college football season. Oklahoma is headed to ann Arbor. That's sad okay, and the prior Thursday, let's call it Dan Orlovsky's wearing that on not national worldwide television.
Speaker 3: Worldwide that and he has no choice but to choose Michigan to win that game. If he's wearing a Michian earring, that's the dream. That is the dream. Now knowing Dan, he'll definitely go Oklahoma now even with the earring. But that's okay. We've got him. We physically own own Dan's body until further notice, right, like I own Dani Rolofski, and that's okay to say right to a right Okay, yeah, okay, fact check, thank you. We looked at grog. He told me that I owned Danie Rolofsky at this moment. So that's Kevin's that's what Foods Clean Take.
Speaker 4: You bought up. You bought up Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: In Michigan. We've had conversations literally every time I see you, I find a way to weave Michigan the conversation, specifically the football. Oh you do, and I could see your eyes they kind of gloss over the minute comes in out of my mouth and you just you give me what I need to hear. I want to know your thought process if you even dove into Michigan this year, of where you think they're going. Let's just start with the Big Ten in general, right, because we're college football guys. Yep, we're college football guys, you more than anybody else in the world, and I'd love to know your true opinion of my favorite school in the world.
Speaker 6: I think it all comes down to what your opinion is of your quarterback. It doesn't matter on opinion, it matters what your quarterback ends up becoming. Right, there are two schools of thought out there, pretty divergent. By the way. No one's on the fence with Bryce Underwood. It's either some of the rumors in spring were true and you're going to be in the market for a quarterback after this year because he's never going to fulfill his potential or path B or PATHA, whichever you want to call it, but it is divergent to the previous path. He just ends up being the man. And if he's the man, you got one of the best quarterbacks in the Big Ten, which means you got one of the best quarterbacks in college football. And then you tie a Kyle Whittingham style of play to that kind of talent at the quarterback position, and it just becomes Utah on steroids figuratively, and you can compete. It's not just Indiana, Oregon, Ohio State at Tier one. It's make more room, add another chair at the table now. Also, it would look like we keep getting better throughout the year. You know, we're scaling up throughout the year. What we were in week two in week three is not what we are in week nine in week ten. I you can tell me what you think you're really out in there. I just don't want to lean into that until I see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So they're one of my believe it or see it to believe it kind of teams this year.
Speaker 3: So I have to tell you what I think you said that. I'm going to do that. Here's where I live. I'm going to try to live in an unbiased path and then my clearly biased path. I wish there was a hat to differentiate which Taylor I'm gonna go with first. I'll go with the unbiased path This season one hundred percent relies on how much better Bryce Underwood has gotten. The roster is a top twenty five, top fifteen roster in college football. The only other question mark on the roster right now seems to me the line linebacker Cole Sullivan. He went to Oklahoma. He was one of our best linebackers. Lost a couple of guys to the draft. Another individual just stop playing a football together. He was the kid that was at Nebraska, transferred to Michigan. So when it comes to the wide receiver room, it's one of the best wide receiver rooms on paper that Michigan's had in a very long time. Yeah, Babyloa, the left tackle, he was this five star recruit, one of the highest rated offensive linemen to ever come to the University of Michigan. He was making absolute waves last camp before he knee injury. Unless HEAs you get him back. Plus a whole group of guys that played together all of last year in various spots, but still play together. Chemistry gets better reps with an offensive line makes you a better team. You have Jordan Marshall, Savian Hyder, who is the highest rated running back in most recent years to commit. He's turning heads. I feel really good about what Bryce Underwood has around him, and it all depends on the game that brought up this entire topic, which is Oklahoma. Brent vennabolefs his defense, how complex they are. If he can have success against them, and Jason Beck can scheme up an actual game plan other than we'll just run it down the middle fifty times and hopefully someone breaks one, then I think we're in a really good spot. But a really week two, we will know what the University of Michigan is, which is great. There's two things is it's great because you find out exactly what your football team is right away. The bad part is if it's not what you want, it's like, well, it's gonna be a tough year.
Speaker 4: That's gonna take place. Do you find out in week two?
Speaker 6: I believe so you think you know everything you need to know in a week two out of conference game in year one under a head coach, you think you know everything.
Speaker 3: No, not everything, that's a very that's you would know eighty percent. You will know right then and there if your team is a playoff caliber team.
Speaker 6: Playoff caliber team. But at that point, we've got a twelve team field. So at that point we'll have thirty playoff caliber teams and then we start weeding it out. Pull what Michigan schedule right quick.
Speaker 3: It's a monster.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is, let's say they lose seventeen to thirteen in week two. Okay, just say that happens. Not predicting it, but let's say that happens. You're telling me that there's no room for a team in this case, Michigan to round into form around early October. You're telling me that can't happen. You're telling me, by the time, by the time we got Iowa that comes in, we win that. When dogfight, we win that. When we go to Minnesota, we win that. When you're telling me by the time Penn State comes in, you couldn't see a world where you're four and one, you're undefeated in conference play, and here we go, we've hit reset on the season, and we got a season coming up. We got a second season coming up of Penn State, Indiana, Oregon, Ohio State. And if we go three and one in that stretch and we get two of them at home, is that right? Yeah, two of them at home. If we got three on one of that stretch, we're in the playoff. If we go two and two, depending on how the dominoes fall, we're on the fringes of playoff contention, especially especially if one of those losses to Oklahoma ends up being a loss to a playoff team themselves. All I'm saying is, I don't think we know everything.
Speaker 4: We to knowing week two.
Speaker 3: We don't know everything we need to know in week two. But let's go seventeen thirteen, low scoring game, very defensive, fair that you just not predicted, but allegedly predicted. To me, it's all about how Bryce Underwood performs, how he handles the university when he gets hit. What does his body language look like. Because if you're a year two quarterback who didn't have a quarterback coach a year before, has all the town in the world now, Koy Detmer junior, who's the quarterback coach comes from Utah. Beautiful mustache of the individual, by the way, if this kid's keeping his head up, if he's being a leader to his guys, if you see him making big throws like last year I think Michigan had. We're top three and drops in college football. If those guys are making those drops, now, I'm looking to a place where it's like, Okay, get to Penn State. I have an interesting feel about Penn State that we can get into in a little bit. But you get to that game, yeah, it's a whole new season. But if you drop to Oklahoma, who on paper is not as good as they were last year, and you're playing Indiana, their raigning national champ, Oregon who has their best raw or since Dan Lanning's been there and Ohio State, which pays me to stay always reloads You're not gonna I think what we saw last year is you're not going to be a nine to three team and make the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I'm not just granting that Oklahoma on paper is worse than they are last year. Bookmark that you're not granting that. I'm not granting that as a as a formality. Okay, like I think Oklahoma could be as good, if not slightly better than they were last year, doesn't mean they're going to be a better record team than they were last year because they won some close games last year.
Speaker 4: We'll find out.
Speaker 6: Here's what I'm trying to say. That game that's one of them, that's the same day as Texas Ohio State. There's a few games early in the year, like Mississippi State goes to Minnesota randomly. There are a bunch of these SEC Big ten games early in the year that I can't wait for because I don't care about bowl season. I care about regular season matchups. We rarely ever get them. But this is the kind of year where we're going to get several SEC Big ten, like comparably seeded matchups where I get an idea early on, how does this conference stack up against the other conference. There's a game in Ashville that's not Big ten SEC, it's acc SEC Week one. It's Ole Miss Louisville. That game's gonna go a long way even though it's week one of shaping the conversation come playoff selection time, when you're asking whose conference deserves benefit of doubt, whose conference deserves one more seed at the table. All these games are happening in the first couple of weeks of the year, and they're gonna matter so much three months later when we're trying to decide whose strength of schedule really impresses me more or strength of record? Whose strength of record really impresses me more. In case you can't tell it's gonna be a great year.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a phenomenal year. We brought up these games so early, do they really mean as much as they do when we get into November and selection Saturday or Sunday, whatever day it is. We can look at last year and just look at Notre Dame. Oh yeah, oh, here's their first two games, run the table after that, and at the end of the year is playing their best football. CJ Carr. I'm pretty if he's at a Heisman frontrunner.
Speaker 4: He's top five. Correct, he's there, He's right up there on the fandom sportsbook.
Speaker 6: I think he's the favorite as we speak.
Speaker 3: But you sit there and you look at the it's like, if that's how the committee is operating and looking at things, and you take an independent who lost to text A and M on a play that probably should have entered the game but a weird holding call on the last play, and then you lose a tight one two What was the other game? Miami, Miami, right exactly? So that is they That's kind of like, yeah, these games truly do matter. Texas is another team. They go nine and three, they beat A and M. The last game of the year when there were A and M was one two three, what were they? They were undefeated, undefeated, and Texas beat them and they did not make it into the college football playoff. So when I look at a game that big, the excitement of like, oh, we're going to know where we stand, We're going to know how like what kind of team we have, it's like put the ball down and figure it out. That's kind of where I sit with that.
Speaker 6: I'm not mad at it. To me, what I'm saying is I have two buckets. There's the negative bucket and the positive bucket. Yeah, I think it's a whole lot more likely that the positive bucket overflows from Michigan in week two than it is the negative bucket. If you lose that game, I could still sell myself that you'll get right. But if you're already playing at a high enough level to win that kind of game in week two, well then we'll be on the way home and you'll be selling me on the potential of eleven and one. The potential of twelve and zero.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no eleven to one. And we win that game the way they win that game, and we're.
Speaker 6: Going to go that game, I won't even be responding. I'll just let you go at that point, so the bucket will overflow. Now, as for where we'll be, I don't even know that we'll be together, Like.
Speaker 4: I just hope we are.
Speaker 6: It'd be nice to be there though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a great early season game you go to, Yes, Shrevin.
Speaker 5: A question for Josh Bay there's a lot of big names on that schedule that I feel like we've talked about is there anybody that looks super sneaky to you.
Speaker 6: Oh, easily second to last game of the season, if you're sandwiched between a trip to Eugene and Columbus and you just got a playoff coach as you're a new head coach, and he brought a bunch of his team with him, and he looks the way he looks looks matter, looks absolutely matter. I think you c la, especially late in the year when they've probably gotten their act together. If they needed to get their act together, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be sleeping on that game. Okay, the answer used to be Michigan State, but people have slept on Michigan State for a little while New Day in East.
Speaker 3: Lansing days a day there. Yeah, I think they made a good hire. I think they made a great hire. He was great at Northwest? Is it Ryan Fitzpatrick? Correct Fitzgerald? Pat Fitzgerald?
Speaker 6: Did?
Speaker 3: I always always always mess that name up.
Speaker 5: Fitzpatrick, great NFL quarterback.
Speaker 3: And Pat Fitzgerald Pat Fitzgerald, dude. And I'm gonna mess it up fifteen more times this year because I have done it how many times? Clumb too many?
Speaker 4: Too many?
Speaker 5: But it's it makes it more fun, it's it's natural.
Speaker 3: This culture guy right here, there's no doubt that's a big ten head coach. That's a big ten head coach. That's a guy that I hate this.
Speaker 4: He's gonna make.
Speaker 3: Michigan State a much better football team. They're gonna get culture wins, culture wins in and out. So I don't think they're going to be top of the tops, but I think they're going to have a vast and from how competitive they are a week in a week out, even ig it'st big teams.
Speaker 6: I agree they are. It sounds like you believe they're gonna do what Nebraska is supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, I agree with that. Do you want to talk about Nebraska even though Will Compton's not here.
Speaker 6: I think we owe it to the audience.
Speaker 3: We owe it to the audience. There's a lot of gbrs ripping around right now, and I get I feel tense knuckles as people are listening to this podcast somewhere in Nebraska just thinking, please God, Josh Pate be nice to our school.
Speaker 6: I believe that's somewhere in Nashville that prayer is going up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, should y'all call Will just to check on them before y'all talk about Nebraska.
Speaker 3: I don't want a sickness to even come over the phone.
Speaker 6: Orlovsky picked up. But you're talking about a whole different ballgame, right. That's to whether we'll come.
Speaker 3: We can all when Will is not within these walls. We know how difficult it is to get ahold of him, even now that he's sick. It's like, let's not even put the expectation out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, we want to wish him all the best, all the best, right.
Speaker 3: Pulling Nebraska schedule, this is I think this is good that we do this unbiasedly and and after Nebraska, we obviously know that Penn State, Oregon, Ohio State, like Indiana, like these are all schools that are going to be in the Big TENA being part of the conversation, we obviously don't have five hours to break everything down, so we should go to a different conference. But you look at this schedule right here, m hm, Ohio, that's a.
Speaker 6: W Why don't you start five? And oh just go the first five? Why would you not be five?
Speaker 3: And oh, well, Pat Fitzgerald is a reason why I would start with.
Speaker 6: That, your fourth year coach versus first year. I don't care where you play the game. You should win the game. Okay, you should win the game. Should you should win the game? Should be five and oh when Indiana comes to town. And by the way, not that we need to pull Indiana's schedule up. Indiana will have played no one at this point, so you could have a little bit of a mysterious Indiana team just in time for Spooptober. Yeah, coming into Lincoln is it undefeated versus undefeated there on October tenth?
Speaker 4: I don't hate it.
Speaker 3: I kind of love it.
Speaker 5: What a rowdy atmosphere that'll be.
Speaker 4: That'll be a good game, Yeah, it'll be. That'll be a great game.
Speaker 3: Say what, Yeah, those three games are a monster for them. I do they see Indiana as a weird school for me this year because over the quarterback like her, he ran a very similar offense, but he was just riddled with interceptions all year at TCU. So it's like I am now in the in the the position of Kurtzignett's gonna get anybody right, He's officially he's for him to do something so historic, taking the worst college football team of all time and turn him into national champions two years into his coaching career there. I think it's like, it's really hard for me to like bet against them.
Speaker 6: I was up there a couple of months ago. I let you in ask him about Whover. Yeah, they sure did well. They sure did ordered food for me and everything did they get? He got?
Speaker 4: You have food?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you get?
Speaker 6: What did he order? There's a there's a wing there's a wing place in Bloomington and he ordered from there. It was good, nice, it was really good. Okay, so you guys are friends.
Speaker 4: Good to know.
Speaker 6: And he gave me some info and I asked him about Hoover and all he did was he looked me in the eye.
Speaker 4: And said, we got what we needed to get there.
Speaker 6: What more do I need?
Speaker 3: Is that not the perfect signetti response to what do you think about your new quarterback?
Speaker 6: We got what we needed to get we need And dude.
Speaker 3: That who's the wide receiver? Nick Marsh from Michigan State. Good player, buddy, that kid's that's an NFL wide receiver.
Speaker 6: There's two of them. Nick Marsh going from Michigan State to Indiana, Eric Singleton going from Auburn to Florida. Those are two really high level receivers who were just buried and lost because they were in terrible positions last year, that could burst on the scene this year. Either one of those could hang a thousand yard seasons and it would not shock me.
Speaker 3: God bless, I really hope. I wanted Nick Marsh, Nick Marsh, Nick Marsh to go to Michigan so bad, you should, And the rumor was as much as he was, like upset with Michigan State, he wouldn't be right to go to arrival, which tells me is a good character.
Speaker 6: I think that's big heart. That's heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's good character. Like there was a bag being ready to be thrown at him from Michigan. He's like, I shouldn't do that. That's morally the wrong thing to do, go to Michigan State, to Michigan.
Speaker 6: So damn wow, I know I didn't know that. That's good. You like that even if it's not true. Don't tell me it's not true. No, No, I want that to be. I'm gonna lie to you all lot this year. Yeah, that's not one of them. I want that to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Can we go back to Nebraska for a second, Go back to Nebraska? Okay, if I'm Nebraska, if I'm a Nebraska fan. Okay, last year, we've got year three Matt rule, right, Yes, the year it's gonna happen. It's gonna pop off this year. Some people talk themselves into ten and two playoff.
Speaker 3: Some people yeah, oh state really and one guy a whole state and one individual, two individuals.
Speaker 6: That's right. He sucked me in.
Speaker 3: I know, and you know what.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, No I deserve it. Go ahead, No, you don't deserve it.
Speaker 3: I'm just playing back like our year at the locker room together, and I realized that because of Will did that? Did that to you the third week in November? Is why you did that to me? Well, you shook my hand, gave me a hug, and stabbed me in the back in the last second Michiganal House state.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I was carrying a lot of hate around in my heart. Okay, yeah, it was a me problem. It was not your fault the.
Speaker 3: Basket, yeah it was. It's not Josh's fault. No, it's not even Will's fault. Nope, it's Hope's fault. He can't have too much of its danger. He can't have too much of it danger. So I just want you to know. I'm over that, but go ahead your three matt rules when it's supposed to happen. And obviously the wheels fell off. Dylan Royoli is no longer a Husker. He gets injured?
Speaker 4: Was it Laff?
Speaker 3: Who's the quarterback? Latif?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Latif comes in, he balls out for a game. Wheels fall off. Overall, we end up back at A seven five seasons six and sixty.
Speaker 6: The year prior believe they played U C. L A and someone it's not important who, group texted another group of people who said, TJ. Latif legacy game today four hundred combined yards. I believe that was the prediction. Gosh, yeah, so that that's that's how November was going last year, Nebraska. But think about being a Nebraska fan, all right, So fast forward to the end of the year. You only went to seven and five? Were they seven and five? You go seven and five in the year where you think we could be a fringe playoff team at the very least, this is the year.
Speaker 4: We're gonna arrive. You don't you do not?
Speaker 6: Okay? Then you hear this, who's out of the door Penn State jobs. No it's not, Yes, it is Okay, hey, guess who's on the list. Who is Matt Rule?
Speaker 3: Holy shit, they must be shitting themselves.
Speaker 6: They are at the time they are they were slash are. Yeah, So what do we gotta do. We're upset that we only won seven games, but we can't let the outside world know that, and we can't let Matt know that because we got to fight to keep him. And so we gotta we gotta uncover every couch cushion, we got to pinch every penny together, and we got to make sure number one, this guy's getting paid top dollar. We got to extend his contract. We've got to invest heavily in the NIL infrastructure here. And you know what they did. They did Penn State looks elsewhere. Case closed, except that here's the problem. You still only won seven games last year. Your quarterback, who you thought was coming to save you the second coming will Stein happens, and so he's gone. And then you look to Las Vegas and you bring in Anthony Calandria, who, look, I'll even grant you may be a better fit for the offense than Kenny Minche was going to be. But that's neither here nor there. All I'm asking is if they go seven and five again, is everyone really gonna not speak what everyone's thinking, which is a kind of hot seat just because you renewed the guy, because we live in fantasy world. In real world, fantasy world is we're in Nebraska, we should be better than this. If we've given you four years and you haven't delivered better than a seven win season, you're on the hot seat full stop. Then the real world is, we can't do that. We just fought to keep you twelve months ago and we invested a ton of money and you we can't even afford to.
Speaker 4: Talk like that. It's a tough spot to be in.
Speaker 3: It's a tough spot to be in if I am in the camp of Hey, we just fought and gave him a lot of money. As Nebraska fans, we have to remember where we were pre Matt Ruhle, and it was no bowl games in over a decade. Yeah, no bowl games ever since Bo Polini left. It's been a downwards, down world spiral for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. So, yeah, it's not going exactly like you wanted to. Usually, Matt rule has that nine, ten to eleven win season in the year three. Per Will Compton's point. This is a great spin zone for my boy.
Speaker 4: Willy.
Speaker 3: See, they changed the uniforms this year.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: They changed the uniforms this year, So we're officially back in the year one of Matt rule and I and you brought up Clandreate. We kind of went by a little bit. You said it might be a better fit for the offense. I like this kid's moxie, his attitude, the way he walks around. He seems like a culture locker room guy. And then everything you were kind of feeling. I don't know if it was just because it was towards the end, but the Dylan Royola saga felt like not a locker room guy, more of an eye guy. A lot of noise from his camp getting into his head. Not his fault, but also his fault. Right y, Yeah, it's a fair take. Like you have people that you trust in love that are in your year. You should be getting X, Y and Z. You should be handling this eventually that's going to break you down. But you have to have the mental fortitude as a quarterback in college football at a supposed high program to be like, ah, this is where I need to be. This where I need to invest in, and I think he's learning that lesson being a backup at Oregon right now. I think this is a long play that Dilan Rilo don't know about the quarterback.
Speaker 6: But the man back to Nebraska. Back to Nebraska, you get Anthony Calandria. Do you think there's any point in the preseason this year or even the regular season where the comparison gets made between him and Trinidad Chamblis's situation last year where a guy just comes out of nowhere and ends up being the guy who rescues your program and makes you forget all about the guy who was supposed to be the starter.
Speaker 3: My god, it didn't cross my mind and tell you those words came out of your mouth, But now it feels like it's inevitable.
Speaker 6: So sometimes I have takes that maybe I personally don't believe in, but I think I could see a lot of people believe in, and I don't want to say them. Like I think I may play a game this year with you where I take what I just said, whatever the equivalent of that is, and I just write it on a piece of paper and we just put them in envelopes, and I'm just waiting for that take to happen so I can open the envelope.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're an osa mentalist. Maybe you're gonna do that to me. Yeah, maybe I kind of love that. Maybe you just have a big and if there's an alleged show going on a big Bowl and just have notes put in of different takes that have maybe that could possibly take place throughout the year.
Speaker 5: If you already do that, that would be cool.
Speaker 3: That'd be fun.
Speaker 6: Right, Maybe hold up a newspaper with that day's date next to me as I as I record the take. You never fake.
Speaker 3: That, You never fake that's you think Calandria has the potential to be a Trinidad Chambliss this year.
Speaker 6: Let me I've never needed to be clearer. No, okay, crazy, But what I'm saying is, who do they play in Week one? Who's Nebraska play? It's not a big aer player at Ohio. If if they were to just body bag Ohio, right, and they are they are prioritizing building his confidence against Ohio bowling green in North Dakota. You're telling me you couldn't see him go thirty one of forty six in one of those games for three eighty five four touchdowns and the message boards light up. Guys, we may have a trend on our hands, may have a TRENDID at two point zero on our hands. I could see that happening, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The reason why you can see that happening is that's exactly what took place last year before they hit big ten play. Nebraska was what number one in past defense. Dylan Rayolo had like eighty percent completion rating and was starting for over three hundred yards per game. And it was Nebraska's back. And you know, on this bus, we hurt it louder than ever Nebraska fan. By the way, Nebraska supporter Cincinnati team, they be a spicy cincinnat team. There are a lot of bets put on Cincinnati to win that game. I know that.
Speaker 6: Right, right, it's probably accurate, probably accurate.
Speaker 3: That's how sportsbooks work, right, You bet on your team, and you look at Nebraska in their history versus Cincinnati. I'll tell you what that tied end. That quarterback. They had some dogs. But what happened, sure, what happened? All to be said, I love the idea of five and oh going in Indiana. I love it one, two, three or four five and that would I just word Michigan State. Man, I do that? I mean truly, like that's the only one you really have.
Speaker 6: To worry about it, can I say? Let me say it this way. If Nebraska is gonna do anything this year and they can't take care of business, like what?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Let me ask it this way. I just paused one thought to start another one. You know you have to go on the road in conference play, Yes, if you know you've got to do that. Yeah, you could go to Maryland or to Purdue, but not too far down the list of like desirable entry points to road conference plate would be Michigan State.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 6: Roster's been gutted to first year staff. Like, if you can't handle that, it's a moot point anyway. There's no point in talking about Indiana and whether you'll be undefeated in a couple of weeks anyway. So that's what I'm saying. I'm saying, if we're having to worry about week four, this entire conversation is off the rails anyway.
Speaker 3: Yes, we shouldn't even be having it right, So I like it. We're playing as if this needs to be that's where you start to go this is where we check a box. It's not going to be the most amazing win in the world, but it should be a win.
Speaker 6: In a world, in a world where the November storyline is people weren't wrong about Nebraska, they were just early about Nebraska. In that world, they beat Michigan State by double digits.
Speaker 4: I love it, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Be a co host of this show. We spent a lot of time in the Big Ten. Where would you like to travel next twelve SEC acc I'll go.
Speaker 6: Wherever you want to go. It seems like it's good business to go to the SEC.
Speaker 3: Let's say, let's travel down Let's go down South together, Let's do it. You've been called a bit of a homer when it comes to SEC. You were born in Georgia, you grew up at SEC country. I think you've done a fantastic job of getting rid of those claims towards you. But as you look at the landscape of where the SEC is right now, do you think, just in general, that there's somebody in that conference that can dethrone the Big Ten From a national championship standpoint.
Speaker 6: My feel in July is I see one roster that looks like it measures up with the best rosters in the Big Ten, and that's Texas. Yeah, problem there is, there's no proof of concept with Texas. I know Ohio State can do it. I know Indiana can do it. Texas is equivalent in the Big Ten is Oregon loaded up with talent, high caliber coaching staffs, big high profile head coaches, but thus far haven't gotten the job done in postseason. So I think it would be crazy if they ended up meeting in the National title Game this year. But I think I just came from SEC media days last week, so you know, you got the talking point of, well, how do you measure a conference's strength? Is it the depth of overall quality? Is it how many good teams were at the top? And to me, best is comprised of how many championship caliber teams do you have? Big Ten's got more. That means Big Ten's better right now. If you want to do a strength of schedule analysis, okay, that's different. But schedules aren't teams. Schedules don't play. Teams play. So if we're asking ourselves, man, look at all these remove the logos, remove the conference patches, just look at these rosters and you take Ohio State, and you take Oregon and you take Texas. It's hard to differentiate there, and they all presumably will have plus quarterback play. See that's my hang up on Maybe Georgia. Like Georgia, I want to be there because I respect the heck out of Kirby Smart, love the personnel overall, especially love the defense of personnel. They won't have high level wide receiver play, but they haven't had a thousand yard receiver since the early two thousands, which is one of the wildest stats in college football. It's just if I look at Gunner Stockton and you're telling me they got to run through Notre Dame, Miami and Ohio State consecutively. Do I think they're going to be able to match up QBS three out of three in the postseason? And I'm not there yet with Georgia. I can be there with Texas. I could be there with Arch Manning right just like I could be there with Dante Moore. I could be there with Julian Say and I could be there with CJ. Carr and whatnot. So I look at Texas right now, man, and it's up to the rest of the SEC to sort of pull their chair up to that table. But the rest of the SEC loves to tell you, what is Texas proven to get that benefit of doubt. They haven't proven anything. But I'm trying to predict the future. I'm not trying to predict the past. That's easy.
Speaker 3: Yeahs. You look at arch Manning in the back half of his season and how he handled it. He really started to come on. That's where that early game against Ohio State might have blundered him a little bit. The expectation on him going into the season was his high as I've ever seen for a quarterback, and then people jump ship quickly and you want to stick with him for a little bit. Florida takes place, You're like, Okay, what's really happening here with Texas? And then he goes on this crazy session. I believe it was the Mississippi State game where it was like, oh, here we go again. Then all of a sudden they turn it on with fourteen minutes left in the game and they and they get it done. He has a great stint, does a great ja. I mean he his best game probably all year was against Michigan.
Speaker 6: In the bowl game.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable game, shut off the athletic ability, the wheels and all that. Then you go in the transfer portal and get the number one wide receiver in Cam Coleman. You already have a wide receiver room riddled with five stars. So you look at them on a roster and you're like, Yeah, this team can really be something. My question is is let's just play the Nate. Let's go to negative town yep, and let's just say Texas has an underwhelming year again, like some of the SEC haters want to say, they haven't earned the right to have this type of expectation on them after what happened last year. What is the conversation revolving around Sark, Because we've had a couple of conversations about Matt Ruhle and coaches in the Big Ten where it's like these guys, it's like we wanted to keep them, then we paid them a bunch of money, and then it didn't go the way we wanted. Now we got Stark, who's an offensive genius. He's got the greatest football player with the last name Manning, and he's got a full roster of everybody. If they don't have the season they have, which is a playoff, Berth which is running it deep into It's a national championship, is what it is. It's very hard for me to go and just bluntly say national championship, because that's clearly there's probably twelve teams that are banging that drum right now.
Speaker 6: Less than that, you think, less than that they're just one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, aquick break from this episode. This right here, that's Lucy. That's my daily espresso. It's my favorite flavor, hands down. It's got a little bite and burst, little popper you put in there, listen to this boom hits you with the flavor and it never gets old. Usually I use it to lock in, but if I ever need a little focus, little energy boost, this is what I reach for a pre workout, post workout. It doesn't matter, it works either way. These bad boys right here, they go up to twelve milligram is this right here? This is an eight piece, so kind of a big deal on that one. So if you need something with a little more kick, they've got you covered there too. And the thing I respect most about them, they're independently owned power. They're proudly American. May not some Bay tobacco brand playing dress up, and that matters to me, it should matter to you as well. Lucy is the only palalas doing long lasting on demand flavor like this. Get twenty percent off your first order at Lucy dot Co. Forward slash bustin. That's code b uss i n Here comes to fine print. Lucy products are for adults of legal age and every customer's age verified. Warning this produc cotntasted nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical. Also, ladies and gentlemen. As always, we are brought to you by bud Light. Bu Light has always brew with four simple ingredients for a clean crisp taste. Anything for a clean crisp taste of bud Light. Bud Light is the official sponsor of the NFL, the NFL Draft and UFC now on Paramount plus. Bud Light partners and include Peyton Manning, George Kendel, Baker Mayfield, Taro Lawe, emittt Smith, Shane Gillis, will Compton, Postplone, and Bruce Buffer, voice of the UFC stock Up and bud lightheaded www. Dot light dot com. Ford Sol's located to find a store near you.
Speaker 4: Let's get back to this episode.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to Sark, is it like this is a boom or bust year for him in your mind, and this is, you know what, We're getting a little taky. So if you want to punt on this, you're more than welcome to. But it feels like it's getting a little loud in the Burnt Orange and White.
Speaker 6: This is the only team you should be talking that way about in the SEC. Texas is the only team who is national championship or bust in the SEC. I mean I never say that. I never say you do that. That's this strong of a Yeah. I think it's a conversation most of the time. Yeah, ninety nine percent of the time when you talk about championship or bust, my retort to you is, okay, well, what does bust mean? Do you mean you're gonna fire the guy up? So, like, what are you talking about? I'm not comfortable with what I'm about to say. Let me preface everything. Yeah right, Yeah. So I don't believe in championship or bust because I think there are too many variables, even if you've got the most loaded roster known to mankind when it comes to winning a championship. Saban didn't win them every year at Alabama, and they were beyond loaded. They were more low covoded than anyone is right now. So there's a lot of variables and injuries and bounce of ball that's still in play. However, I do think the reality down there is indicative of the overall new reality in college football. When you can buy virtually whichever talent you want, you can go any direction you want. They need a new tailback, Let's just go get two of them. We want to fill out the receiver position. Let's go get Cam Coleman. We've already got arch Manning. Let's go get a stud linebacker from Pitt. Let's just backfill at every turn with an option equal to or greater than what was already there. In a world where you can do that, and in a world where you haven't already won a championship, and in a world where, unlike the previous world, you're asking your big time donors to heavily invest their money. Scratch that, spend their money, because there's no return on it. It's just spent money. Expectations and consequences could potentially get really out of whack really quick. So a former life, if they're loaded and they make a good, solid run and they get put out in an overtime classic semi final game. Man, that's tough, but this was still a good year in this new world. I don't believe this way, but I think there are a lot of Texas people who could find themselves saying this window's not going to be forever. And we've put ourselves in position where we're doing everything we're asked to do. We sell this place out and there are plenty of people turned away every Saturday. We are pumping tens of millions of dollars into this football program as basically a salary pool to acquire talent. This is not the olden days where it's a crap shoot and we got to develop players and we'll recruit them today and they'll play for us three years from now. This is a week and win now, and we're Texas, so we can win now in all caps because we got advantages that maybe one or two other teams in America has. If we can't win a title, that means the only thing keeping us from it is the head coach, and so it could get really uncomfort. That's the trade off. That guy knows that. Steve Sarkgan knows that. So this is not a mystery to him. It's the quint essential to who much is given much as expected kind of paradox in college football, because it's nice to have that loaded roster, it's nice to have the front office they have, and it's nice to never be kept up at night wondering if you're going to be deficient in any talent position. But the trade off is you better go win a national championship. It's like the Hermann Boone scene at the beginning of Remember the Titans. I'm afraid I'll put you in an untenable situation. Coach, you lose a game, they'll fire you. So you go put behind the stands and then you go take the field.
Speaker 3: Wipe your mouth and get after it. Yep, wipe your mouth and get after it. Have you looked at the text.
Speaker 5: I had some lord that I want to throw on top of that, good Laura. A lot of people talk about Joe Burrow's run in twenty nineteen, sure, but they talk about the year prior. There was a moment that created Joe Burrow. Does anybody know what that moment?
Speaker 6: It was him getting his mouth busted open? Where were they UCF? It was a bowl game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was he threw it interception got blindsided.
Speaker 5: There was a similar moment Texas played Michigan.
Speaker 6: Oh our zoo men, Yeah, yeah yeah on the.
Speaker 5: Sideline play and he mouthed, I'm just going to stop giving a fuck and then he went off on Michigan after.
Speaker 3: It looks like Joe Burrow when he says that a little bit.
Speaker 5: People are saying that Arch might have that Joey be mentality this year. The monster may get.
Speaker 4: Your little juice up.
Speaker 3: Wich brings that up.
Speaker 6: It very much does, because it makes me think, is there a path this year where everyone's overthinking the room in August in July and Texas just goes scorched earth on everyone and it looks like Indiana looked last year, but with a more loaded roster, and they lay waste to the SEC and by the time they get to the game on the road at Missouri, it's like Texas minus twenty on the road against conference opponents. Yes, and we find ourselves asking at the end of the year, who could give Texas the best game in the playoffs instead of can Texas win in the playoffs? Because they're the only team in this conference with the kind of roster that if it all clicks could turn the conversation that violently one direction.
Speaker 3: The phrase who can give X team the best game? I feel like is a death sentence of a headline. When ESPN, Fox, all these other companies do that, that always tells me this team is going to get throttled in the second round of the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Except last year last what do you mean Indiana? People started to talk that way about Indiana last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we were into what al they'd be in Alabama and the Rose Bowl. Yeah, and once they beat Alibama and Rose Bull, that conversation or at that point, you have, what two more games to win and it's all over. They had two more years, right, if you're in November and you're saying, what team is going to give this team even a good game? And the best example of that is Ohio State a couple of years ago. They had up winning the NEST Championship, but who Michigan came in and punched them right in the mouth, and that if you have a schedule like this, which I saw, this is more of a question for generally everybody because I'm starting to have difficult difficulty with strength of schedule, because if you know Nick Seaban came out says, just because you win championships doesn't mean you have the best conference. I disagree with that statement. I understand what he's trying to say. He's talking about for the meat potatoes of your conference is better than any other conference, therefore making you the best conference. But if I look at strength of schedule and where the Big Ten has been the last three four years, why are we looking at some of these schools in the SEC and being like, these schools are great when you go to bowl game season and these Big Ten teams are being the SEC to where is the is the schedule or these teams really as good as we say they are? Cynthy and Ila has taken off. This is open to the room. Doesn't have to be Josh bad that answers this. That's kind of where I like the strength of schedule conversation kind of I get a little lost.
Speaker 6: Can I make a point? Get his advice to everyone out there? Because this debate is going to be had a million times between now and the start of the season. NBA on, do you people notice how everyone in this bus, they're forty seven people in here right now, everyone kept their mouth shut and They let you get your full question out. They didn't jump on in the first third of the question and go down some rabbit hole. They let you get the full context and the full thought. It was painful because that was like a minute and a half long question, and they let you get the whole thing out. Yes, and that patiently sat here, all right, So then that's part one of my advice. Part two of my advice is I'm going to answer your question with a question, because I really want to drill down what specifically are we asking. Are we asking which conference is better? And how we define better? Are we defining which conference strength of schedule is tougher to play? Are we asking how does that really manifest itself come playoff time? Like, what specifically are we looking for? Because this is the thing I heard from Saban last week, and I heard him say one thing, and then I heard some people take it wildly different to and I listened. I intentionally listened to like five people's takes, and I sat there in silence, and I said, it really feels like we need to further drill down on what point we're trying to make here, because everyone went all kinds of different directions so what is it specifically you'd like to know?
Speaker 3: What I would like to know is how are we defining how good these teams are with their like the teams that they're playing. All right, let me actually think about this.
Speaker 6: It's important.
Speaker 3: It is important, quick tea, because I feel like we're on the edge of something right now. When we're looking at somebody's schedule, we're saying this is the strength of schedule. I feel like the majority of the world is looking at the logo still as opposed to the talent and how the Nile era has truly, whether you like it or not, how it's balanced out, how the dominance of the SEC and the Bay ten has taken place. And so when we look at the strength of schedule here you have one, two, three, four, five, six, Nine of the top ten teams are all SEC. So that is going to tell me that the SEC is the strongest conference. However, the SEC has not won a national championship in three years. In bowl games, which I will give the insurance policy of a lot of guys transfer they forgo the bowl games. Now things are moving around a lot of different ways, So the bol games don't really give us a feel. But in the last couple of years, Big ten has outperformed the SEC in bowl games against each other. So when I look at the top twenty five strength of schedule here given by ESPN, I don't understand. First off, how is Michigan not in this because if you look at who Michigan plays Penn State, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon, Indiana, all right, three of the four of those teams were in the playoffs last year. Four of those teams two of them, two of them have won a national championship in the last two years. So how is that not in the top ten as opposed.
Speaker 4: To go up?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: And I don't know these schedules. Everybody's schedule Arkansas, Yeah, I haven't looked at anything as far as Arkansas. I hope Tyson Chicken figures it out. Like you look at these schools, they're playing clearly SEC teams. But Michigan's playing two national championship winners in the last two years and two teams and four teams that are in the top fifteen. So help me understand that. Did I land that plane at all? For you?
Speaker 6: You landed, it bounced, it bounced, Yeah, you did it go around once and that's how kind of how I out here. No, you're asking what everyone's asking.
Speaker 3: Right, I would like a definitive yeah answer to that.
Speaker 6: There are different conversations to have here, right. Firstly, if I took who's your favorite to win the Super Bowl this year? Or is that premature? It's premature, but we'll just go Buffalo Bills. So if I took the Buffalo Bills and I dropped them in the Big Twelve this year, sure they would go twelve and zero in the regular season, Yes, and they would be the number one overall seed in the playoff. You would look at their schedule justifiably and say they didn't play the kind of schedule that Texas played. Sure, but that still be the Buffalo. That still be the overwhelming favorite to win it all. They'd win every college football playoff game by multiple touchdowns, and it would turn out that the quality of team they are did not necessarily correlate with the strength of schedule they played. So clearly there's a detachment between how good you are as a team and how difficult your schedule was. I think where the rub is is not what your schedule says about your ability to win a title, because Indiana was a national championship caliber team no matter who they played last year. The question becomes at the end of November, at the beginning of December, when they're selecting playoff teams. The question to me boils down ironically to like the nine, ten, eleven, twelve type seeds, because you're asking, if I'm nine to three and I played Oklahoma's schedule and you're ten and two and you played Oklahoma State's schedule or something like that, should I get benefit of doubt over you? And you could even talk about strength of r like I'm a big strength of record guy over strength of schedule. If my strength of record says even me at three losses is a better resume than you at two losses, that's where the rubber meets road on all this. Now that's period I begin a next sentence. You asked, if the Big Ten's winning championships, how could the SEC conference strength of schedule be looked at as more difficult? I think it's very simply that if you look at top three or four in Big Ten, they probably measure above and beyond top three or four in SEC. But I think there is still a lot of delineation between the second and third tier of the Big Ten and second and third tier of the SEC. If I took randomly the nine seed from the SEC this year, maybe it's Florida or someone like that, And I take the nine seed from the Big Ten, and I don't know who that would be, like Minnesota, someone like that. Clearly there's more future pro talent on Florida's roster than Minnesota's. So the working theory is, if I have to go play Florida, even if that team's in route to a six and six year year, it doesn't change the fact that if I face that group of talent on the right Saturday, they can get me. They have more difference makers on the field than Minnesota would have. This is just on an average Saturday. Or if let's say Georgia goes and place Florida, and let's say Ohio State goes and plays Minnesota, there is probably no one starting from Minnesota that Ohio State would trade starters for just one for one. Georgia may be the best team in this league this year, there will be players for Florida who are starting against Georgia that Georgia would gladly trade for one for one. So That's where the strength of schedule argument comes down to. But it doesn't mean just because you faced a tougher strength of schedule that you're a better team than someone. And lastly, back to the Bowl example, I don't value Bowl outcomes at all. I don't think you need Bowl results to make the Big Tens case, by the way, but I will say I've had a working theory for a couple of years now. You could tie it to coaching, but you could also tie it downstream to overall pride and perform romance. I just think the Big Ten is better at hiring because they had to be for a long time because they could not count on a talent edge to bail them out. And then all of a sudden, the SEC doesn't have the big talent edge anymore and they're getting exposed on the margins and inn point two. I think straight up, the pride and performance of the way Big Ten teams play is different than the way average SEC teams play. Yeah, I just think there's a lot more pride in playing for the brand on the helmet in the Big Ten in some cases than there is in the SEC.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's more pride in the brand of the big individual BA ten team playing for the Big Ten in the SEC.
Speaker 6: I think the team oriented cultures at many places in the Big Ten is better than what it should be in the.
Speaker 3: SEC internally on the roster, because I was going to say SEC love to tell you that the SEC is the best.
Speaker 6: They do.
Speaker 3: They love doing that. So where do we land?
Speaker 6: I think the Big Ten is the best conference in college football because I measure best by how many national championship capable teams do I think you have? And I think the Big Ten has several. And I think the SEC may have won this year with others that can insert themselves into that discussion. So that's where I land. But also, if Nick Saban's point was that Texas is going to play a harder schedule than Penn State, well he's valid, that's true. It doesn't change the reality that if Penn State's better than Georgia, they're better than Georgia. Georgia just had a tougher path to get to the end of November than Penn State did. Yes, so it's important to contextualize strength of schedule and strength of record properly, but it almost never gets presented that way. And I think he did a great job right there, because you're when you look at the best conference, you're looking at the top teams and the best conference and how they fare against all the other conferences. And let me let me illustrate that. Let me tell you how people could get their logic thrown back in their face. This year, Let's say Texas goes sixteen to oh, undefeated, they win the national title. Let's say the next best team in the SEC went eight and four in the regular season. So Texas was great, everyone else was average? It best? Was that a good year for the SEC? Did the SEC prove they were the best conference in America because they won the national title?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: The answer that would be no.
Speaker 6: I think it's no. Yeah, But if the only thing you're going off of is national championships, then the SEC proved themselves. To me, what makes the Big Ten so robust is not just they've won back to back to back titles and may win a fourth one this year. I'd probably pick them to win a fourth one this year. It's that they've done it with multiple teams, and other teams that weren't previously in the equation, I e. Indiana have gotten their act together, so like they're a more robust top of conference. It's not just Ohio State anymore. Michigan's done it, Ohio State's done it, Indiana's done it, Oregon hasn't done it, but may very well do it this year. And then the question becomes, all right, what's the equivalent of that in the SEC? You can't tell me you have that right now?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I agree with that, and you're saying Nick Saban. His argument is, we don't have to worry about what the top of the conference is. Look look at the whole conference as a whole.
Speaker 6: I think those guys in the SEC understand Mississippi State any given year is gonna have a really bad record and you don't get any credit if you beat them. But every time you play Mississippi State, they randomly have line of scrimmage talent that's gonna play on Sunday. They randomly have a safety that's going to be a round two pick down the road, there's some random freak short receiver, and they come out of that game having won a dog fight, and they think to themselves that team's gonna end up being five and seven. We're gonna get criticized for playing them close, and yet I watched the caliber of athlete that was on the field today. They didn't have as many of them as we do. They didn't have the depth of them that we do. But that was not an easy thing we just went through today. Whereas if I went and played Perdue, I would not be saying that. That's kind of their attitude.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, the same thing goes for a team like South Carolina. Vanderbilt starting to get to that point now too, like they're starting to have more NFL talent around, Like JP Hovey. Every time we watch this game on Sunday, pointing out five game cocks that are on that are playing, It's like, how do you guys never put it together? Put it together and go win. It's just wild, man, It's wild. What was the scroll up?
Speaker 4: A quick? Oh?
Speaker 3: I can't believe this, LSU.
Speaker 4: That to me is the.
Speaker 3: Biggest wildcard of this entire college football season. I agree with you because the issue last year with Brian Kelly. Besides Brian Kelly was the offense.
Speaker 6: Great sentence, great scouting.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, the offense was an issue. Lane Kiffin comes in, regardless of all the extra noise it took place how he left Old miss all those things. If he can do one thing, it's he can scheme up a great offensive game plan weekend and week out where they can score anybody, and put a roster together, and put a roster together which I believe is over forty million dollars. I don't know if that's confirmed or not, but forty million dollars roster. They grabbed Sam Levitt from ASU, who a couple of years ago when done to the wire with Texas, and then last year they forgot about him after he gets an injury when he was averaging over forty fifty yards rushing and throwing the baller over the yard. A bit of a dogfight with who Mississippi State, but they ran zero once again that got them killed in the playoffs. And also the last play of the game against Mississippi State. So I see this quarterback and then a barrage of NFL talent that's on there. Lane Kiffin comes in the prodigal Sun. Is this like a boomer and bus situation for LSU or can we give a little more leeway because now LSU is officially gone all in? They did the Brian Kelly experiment. I think from day one. We all sat there after that first press conference and go, this shit's not going to work out. This is water and oil. This is not going This is not something that blends together.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 3: Lane Kiffin is quirky and all over the place.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 3: This guy's a great fit for LSU. I personally liked him. I liked them as a dark horse in the sc conference. Dark horse dark horse, forty million dollar dark for forty million dollars dark horse for the based on the conversation we're having right now, because you got Texas. We just broke down Texas. We talked a little bit about Georgia. At the end of the day. Kirby Smart, his culture, Gunnerstock and the way he puts the team on his back. But then you look at the perimeter, so there's your question marks there. Alabama they were one hundred and what thirty eighth in rushing last year, so they're they're really really bad as what they were. They're really bad. It shows you how good Ty Simpson was throughout the entire year for them. They put them into the playoffs, and then there's LSU, who is one behind them in rushing, and they go in the portal they get the best offensive lineman. Is its seating?
Speaker 4: Yep, that you get Seaton in.
Speaker 3: The portal, they go re energize their entire offensive line. Do they just look like a team that has put the pieces together? And then the conversation comes up is, well, you got a bunch of missionary of mercenaries once again going to a team Texas Tech did.
Speaker 4: It last year?
Speaker 6: Missionaries?
Speaker 3: We used to call the missionaries just one guy on top, girl on bottom. Let it rip all, Oh the missionary positions? What I was going for? You know what, that's probably where the alleged frat boy top comes in. That's my bad.
Speaker 4: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: That's we shouldn't have that on this show because we're not a frat show. That being said, that's my long winded way of saying I like LSU a lot in the SEC, and.
Speaker 6: They could be a nasty team. So the only team worse than Alabama rushing the ball in the SEC last year was LSU. Yes, but LSU went out and they took proactive measures to fix that. You mentioned the offensive line acquisitions. If offensive line is good for them, they should be good enough at tailback. They could be a nasty team. This year, A couple of questions with them. First, firstly is a question with people, that's it right, oh perfect? Any portal heavy team, you're always gonna ask how does this talent talent mesh together. It feels like that's a little bit of an overused doubting point these days, like it's gonna it's gonna work to some degree. I think the follow up question is this the kind of team that needs a long runway to get up to speed because they don't really have it. They play three losable games in their first four weeks because I count Clemson as a losable game. Yep, you don't. You have no idea Week one FSU of Alabama last year. You have no idea what Week one could bring. But with LS you, I don't believe in throwing out the dollar figure. The dollar figure is nothing without attaching the players to the dollar figure. So did you go by the right players? And I think they bought the right players, so like I think they could make a quantum leap this year. But it is I agree with you, it's a little more of a dark horse situation because you have no idea. You just your mind is so used to the traditional way of judging teams that when you have so much newness in the bucket in such a competitive league, you struggle to see a team immediately jump into the top. But Lane Kiffin's lived the life he's going to live this year for a long time now. That's what they were doing at Ole Miss. They were just putting together a team year by year. At ole Miss, they weren't recruiting and developing. They had already divorced themselves from the myth that that was how it was going to work. So it's not like he's an unfamiliar territory here. It's just a lot of new And that's okay because they're not the only ones trying to pull that off. They're just the most extreme example of it.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of new and it takes a leader of men to get all those guys to cohesively come together. Joey maguire is a great example. We were there for this bring to her. I mean, there's not a better vibe than Joey MacGuire. When you walk into that building, He's given you. He grabbed all of us by the shoulders in the back. He's loving us up. He brought a couple of guys over look at this one. He's showing them off like prize possessions. Look at the size of my tackles that I have today, and you see that. I don't personally know Lane. I know you know Lane is Does Lane have that capability to take a forty million dollars roster, a bunch of missionaries coming in here and bringing them together throughout the entire spring and into the fall, to do what Joey did at Texas Tech?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, unequivalent to yes, he's already done it. He's already done it. If Lane were here, and we do have a third chair open today, Yeah, if Lane were here, he could listen to this, if we injected him with truth serum, and he could say, why are you asking? Can I do this? I already did it? Did you not just watch what I did at Ole Miss We did something there over a rolling stretch that's never happened in the history of that program. It's never happened. So you're telling me, I'm going to a place that I think is better. This is Lane talking with better re sources. I'm gonna have a better talent roster. I got the quarterback I need. And you're asking me with the full wind of LSU and my sales, if I can do this, Like, why would you doubt me? It's almost like I've already had this talk. Yeah, it sounds like you already have have you It sounds like I've already had that talk. It seems that way, it feels. Yeah, I just don't think there's a lack of confidence in Louisiana State University. That's what I'm gonna That's what I want to leave you with.
Speaker 3: No doubt, Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Any thoughts on that Week three matchup?
Speaker 3: Pretty big miss, pretty biblical? I mean, this is I mean Saba had another conversation about this. I don't know if it was the same interview he was doing, but he was talking about how he was at LSU when the NAS Championship goes to Miami in his first coaching job back in college with Alabama goes to play LSU, and that whole student section was killing him with there're hours before the game, just murdriam. He said, this will be ten times worse when Lane Kiffin comes Old Miss.
Speaker 6: To me, to me, you got a lot to live up to. The old MIS fan base has a lot to live up to. When's the last time everyone circled an Old Miss home game and built this myth, this idea up in their mind of what the with the Old Miss fan base is going to create, like in terms of an environment that hasn't happened in a long time, unless you gets that stuff. Sometimes, Yeah, like Ohio State and people talk about Michigan going in there. It's so it's going to be nasty, it's going to be a tough environment. When's the last time we talked about that with Old Miss. That's a lot to live up to. Here's the problem. The problem sometimes is those kinds of games end up being your highest priced games, which means the richest of the alumni are the ones that grab up all the tickets. They're normally not the ones that are leaving the stadium with no voice afterwards. So a lot of times the deliverable does not match the hype on those games. And you tell me, you couldn't see Lane Kiffin walking out of there with a thirty twenty three win, walking to the podium and saying something along the lines of we probably played in ten or fifteen venues louder than this one. It was a good, solid environment, but you know it's this is not the toughest we'll deal with this year. You're telling me you couldn't see that.
Speaker 3: That the postgame press conference, I can completely see early thoughts thirty to twenty three. I can't see.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's just hypothetically.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: But if Lane hung on to because I'm thinking, this is a game where Lane pulls out all the stops, he flexes his offensive muscle, and late in the game they have a chance taking me and they're on the fifteen yard line and he goes, let's just go to the back of one. We need these guys to get work and then go for two. We need these guys to get work. Wait, Lane, why'd you do it? You know what, We're still developing as a team. I want to make sure that guys got in able to do what they needed to do and see if they can work for us in October November.
Speaker 5: My only thought as far as fandom goes of ole Miss and my warning to the ole Miss fans is do not overdo it in the grove. Save it for the game. That's the only place where I could see the ole Miss fans faltering as they overdo it. Grove and then we're having some fights in the stands. Too many people are getting kicked out. Hey, stop their own stuff a little too early.
Speaker 6: You want to know what I worry about? Could you pull up all missus schedule right quick? Talking about the old SEC strength of schedule flex? How about play LSU. It gets built up as a super Bowl. We're just going to have you head to Gainesville a week later against an upstart Gators team under John SUMMERL don't really know what they're going to be bringing. But the hangover effect of that LSU game will be true either way, win or lose. If they win Florida by double digits the next week, clearly, but even if they lose. Hey, follow up question, what happened in week one? Did you get past Louisville in week one? Don't know?
Speaker 4: Don't know?
Speaker 6: Is that the surprise like team that bombs September?
Speaker 3: Is this the Penn State of twenty six?
Speaker 6: I don't want to go that far. That's that's tough.
Speaker 3: I mean that would be it would be you say September, so technically wouldn't be. But the team that.
Speaker 6: Penn State lost egregious games though Penn State fell apart there.
Speaker 3: It just showed their foundation the pressure of you have to win a national championship. You have to get it done. Ten and two is no longer good enough.
Speaker 6: They said that.
Speaker 3: Franklin said that the minute that Oregon Oregon game happened, oh boy, it was. I mean, you saw it. We all saw it.
Speaker 4: We knew that early in the season though, from.
Speaker 3: Inside sources, inside sources, we knew that that Mitch had an Oklahoma quarter zip situation.
Speaker 4: You knew that that culture was a bit of an issue well before everything happened.
Speaker 5: The Mitch cur is real judge of cultures. They wouldn't let us there.
Speaker 6: So that's it.
Speaker 4: It's the way they don't let you there. It's the way that you can get.
Speaker 3: Keep Like like Kurt Signetti, they told us, listen, we're keeping in the house. Only Josh Pa can come in our building. Okay, all good, But the way they were so blunt and so a matter of fact, and we're not gonna let it happen, busting with the boys. It's like, I'm still good with that. Give me another day, given another opportunity. Kurt Signetti is my head coaching college football. Equippally to Joe Burrow for me. That's kind of the world I live in with Kurt now, the way Penn State was handled last year, the way quarters Zip was handled last year. Am I praying on downfalls? Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 6: Miss did your story get fully told publicly?
Speaker 4: I know it? I feel like you may. I know it.
Speaker 6: I'm asking like, does everyone know what you're thinking?
Speaker 3: Is he there anymore?
Speaker 4: Yes? He is.
Speaker 3: Okay, well leave names out, but leave names out.
Speaker 4: So one of my former coaches.
Speaker 3: Okay, well there's a there's a rabbit hole for the boys going down right there, Saysquehanna.
Speaker 6: Mitch Reddit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I already said that. I hit him up and said, hey, we're we do our fault false tour. We wanted to go to the Oregon game.
Speaker 3: Career you were talking about orgon Penn State, which was.
Speaker 4: The white out, and he's like, let me ask you one question. What fan are you? What college football fan are you? I said, I'm an Ohio State fan, thinking he was just joshing with me, I mean, and then his next response is, we don't. We don't mess with that around here, like it's Penn State rider down. I'm like, listen, completely understand that. However, we've gone done ample amount of schools. Will and Taylor just love showing off the campus, Like, what the what the school has all your facilities.
Speaker 6: Ryan Day just came on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of that, and he's like, Josh, no, we don't we don't play that. Yeah, we don't play that here.
Speaker 3: So and then yeah, I'll tell you what, dude, you're telling that story pissed me off. But what pissed me off more is that comment.
Speaker 4: He just made it.
Speaker 3: Because I we used to have the monitor right here and finding Josh wants to sit in the locker room. But I see the way you were looking away from the camera, and you knew.
Speaker 6: I knew, and I knew that they didn't.
Speaker 4: The world didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, Hey, shout out Ryan Day. Shout out Ryan Day for body bagging me this show, turning us down, winning the game and going, you know what, I'll come on that show you said, you said, you'll go ahead move that, you know, NBC Fox Interview. I'm gonna go on busting with the boys to look Tailor Wan in the eyes. Heyten, we don't have to like each other, but I will say I respect Ryan Day at this point. At this point, huge win for Ryan Day, let's get back to let's get off of my soapbox. Let's get back on Penn State for just a second. That's that's lame, right, and almost use the G word there. That's the lame. We can't do that.
Speaker 6: But you're telling me he's still there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of my one of my buddies actually went up there for a job interview and was with him and like, he's pretty high up there. No, no, like player, I think we need to talk.
Speaker 3: Exactly. But hey, listen, this is all allegedly when it comes out and this guy gets mad, we said, we didn't say your name. We didn't say your name. It's not our fault that these fans decided to go put put it in their hands.
Speaker 6: Think if we were to have a conversation, he would understand. But let's just say this too clearly. It's a new day at Penn State. Matt Campbell would never do that.
Speaker 8: Matt Cambell Campbell, if we offered to go there, he would he would offer open arms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. With the culture of Penn State with Franklin, they were so fucking whatever that I think now that they have Campbell, everything that Josh said about Campbell, I like, I do feel good about Penn State, and I would like to think that things have they turned a new page.
Speaker 3: It's making a lot of sense too, because this happened before the year even started, and we've already kind of broke down the pressures that were taking place with Franklin, how they have to win. The alumnis pissed off the board. Whoever's overseeing Penn State. They're like, this is the year. If you don't get it done, we're done. And the pressure is obviously a leaked down. And we saw it happen after the Oregon game that but I think you saw it a little bit earlier in August. We were trying to make decisions whether whether we could or could not go there.
Speaker 4: I think it was the first couple of weeks of the season and.
Speaker 3: I can't listen. I don't know Matt Campbell. The only thing I know about Matt Campbell is what Josh Pats told me. Seems like the guys are homie. It seems like he's a future friend of the show.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, Rock Party taught when he was on the show, loved him.
Speaker 3: Loved him, and their schedule too love. Oh my god, what I would give a schedule like that this year.
Speaker 5: I don't want to rev salt in the win. But if a podcast being on your sideline is going to determine whether or not you win or lose.
Speaker 4: A game, right, maybe they'll have one of the many energies are in the wrong place.
Speaker 3: There, energies are in the wrong place.
Speaker 6: Majoring in minors is what memo called that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great bar. By the way, it's the second or third time I've heard you say that the last few months.
Speaker 6: And slightly related, No love Virginia Tech.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of on pull up Virginia Tech schedule because Franklin, that's what Penn State you now, Yeah, that's where I kind of get a little lost on Penn State this year. But schedules money. I was literally trying to tell I was trying to tell the Commission of College Football Josh Bate last time he was with us, like, I don't know about Penn State this year. I just want to abate twelve. I just don't think that. I don't think he'd be a competitive playoff roster. And then he's like, go look at their schedule and walked away, walk to the back of our shop to the point where I looked it up. I was in the same place. There's only one exit in our shop, and I was like, hey, where's Josh. You were gone like you ninja smoked me and got out. That schedule is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Is this it right here?
Speaker 6: No, that's Virginia Tech.
Speaker 4: Virginia Tech.
Speaker 3: All right, whatever that is vm I sounds like a venereal disease, a military.
Speaker 6: Inst that's what they play week one. Okay, keep going.
Speaker 3: Old Dominion, Maryland Dubb, Boston College Dub not a Bill O'Brian fan, Pittsburg. How do you feel about.
Speaker 6: Pittall, Well, hold on, you're just kind of skipping through all this stuff, like Dub Dub dub. Well, if they're not what they think they are, you can't just be skimming over all this stuff. But I agree with you. Dubb Dub Dub Dub.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Pitt Pitt When when cal When that's at col Okay, And that's where it brings up the coast to coast flights.
Speaker 6: You know Cow's quarterback.
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: He's a dog. Who is it?
Speaker 4: All right? Okay?
Speaker 6: If it's one of yea Garon Kiahwe Saga Paula Telly impressive, he's good.
Speaker 3: Jared, what's his name is?
Speaker 6: Jared or Jarun? Jared Kiahwe Sagapoula Telly is the second and third part of it. I think if I can get Jared or Jared, that's easy. The second part of that last name, Kiahwe Sagapaulay.
Speaker 4: Where he come from? Is he born? Is he transferred?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But what's did he did? He transferred him from.
Speaker 6: Where he's been?
Speaker 4: There he's been?
Speaker 5: Where was it he he flipped late?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: He was at Oregon?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Oregon?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then one.
Speaker 6: Oh, I got you know what, we're not telling that story, but he was. I'll tell you later. He was at organ for it, I'll tell you. So he he committed to Oregon. I think this is the guy. He commits to Oregon. He's there for their Bowl practices or playoff practices two years ago. And then he asked for his release. And the thinking is he got on campus and he saw Dante Moore and realized, I don't think I'm beating him out, and I want to play immediately, And I mean Oregon's pissed at it obviously, because like you think a guy's coming in there to fortify your roster at that position for two or three years to come, and all of a sudden he wants to hit the exit door. So like, what are you gonna do? From an optics perspective, If you fight it, then you get labeled in the agency world as their anti player. And so Landing had a tough decision to make and they just they let him go. It's but he's clearly a good player because he's gonna go to Cal this year. Dude, they may end up having like the best second best quarterback in the Big ten. He's gonna be way up there in terms of a sec not big ten overall, like a big ten, big turn.
Speaker 3: I just take everything you say as one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Oh my, oh my dams, but I think Darian, I think Darien Mens is the best quarterback in that league. Who's the second best quarterback in the league. You may very well be looking at it.
Speaker 3: The name you said that I can't pronounce still.
Speaker 8: Sharon caw Way, Psycopolo tellitgy. I do find it funny that you did crush his name. It's Jaron j R.
Speaker 4: O N.
Speaker 8: But they call him JKS for short jks, but very impressive Josh Fay, but we'll call them jks.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Cal, I think Cal is gonna be a tough game for that. Yeah, okay, Cal's a dog fight. Let's put that as an l uh. Georgia Tech.
Speaker 4: A lot of newness down there.
Speaker 3: A lot of news. All of a running back if he can stay.
Speaker 6: Healthy, Menz's brother at quarterback and nice kind of nice. I went and watched them scrimmage in the spring and it was so classic. Wow play wow play. Oh no, wow play Oh no. It's like every other play is either jaws on the ground for a good reason or jaws on the ground and then get out of the way cause the corners taking the ball the other way.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, dude, when you go and you watch these spring practices, what is your thought process on just putting a stamp on these players, Like do you sit back and go, Okay, I'm only watching one practice, so I'm not going to put my one hundred percent opinion on these guys or you. What you see is what you get, and that is now going to define your opinion for the rest of the year.
Speaker 6: Can't let that happen watching one practice. Right, What I like to do is I'm using First off, I'm using my eyeballs. These are not a coach's eyeballs, So I've got to I got to take that into consideration. You know what stands out to you? A lot of times you're going in there and you have opinions of guys and you want your eyes to verify everything from heightweight, to explosivity to where is he fitting in the depth chart? Is what we've been told publicly matching up with what my eyes are seeing. And then what you want to do is you want to ask the coaching staff as many questions kind of trying to verify what you saw, because a lot of times, like there was a there was a moment I'm not going to say the team, but there was a moment this last spring where I see a guy and I just so happened to see him on like his career day, and I ask and I get told that guy's not going to be a factor on this team this fall, no way, and just point blank that guy's not unless we have tons of injury, that guy's probably not going to be a factor. A little bit of a character thing, but also he's wildly inconsistent. But to me, I watched ninety minutes and I think, is that a dark horse all conference guy? You know, it turns out he's just dark. He's just a dark horse. He's just going to be off the radar.
Speaker 4: Well, I call.
Speaker 3: It huh yeah, because it nothing bothers me more than when people go to a spring practice. They see players and they may or may not have a good or a bad day, and they want to define that person.
Speaker 6: Gotta be careful.
Speaker 3: Gotta be careful, even if you played in the NFL, even if you're a potential Hall of Fame guy, even if you're a dB you know that has been watching quarterbacks your whole entire life. Those are the types of things. I'm like, you need to stay away from that type.
Speaker 6: Of You gotta be careful about this too. You guys went and sell Miami in the spring. Yeah, Miami's defensive line. There are guys out in the spring, So you got to be careful what you're watching and then like contextualize it with or how good do I think that unit's going to be? Well, they looked a little iffy today. Well, first off, they were in shells. Secondly, three starters are out at that unit, so like, how do I I just got to contextualize it all properly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, because when I watched when I was in Miami and we had this conversation of, hey, the offensive line looks really good. But I've never walked into watching one on ones, been a part of them, washed them on film, watched other teams where an O line wins ninety percent of the reps. And then you go back from the two guys they had last year the book in defensive ends, it's like, oh, there's a huge drop off, and then we go in the crystal ball and he's like, just so you guys know, we have a bunch of guys out sitting there, whether it's injuries or resting guys or whatever. Yeah, Miami, I'm excited to watch this. I mean they're clearly they're the like you talked about Texas and the SEC Miami. Is that of the acc.
Speaker 6: There've been Over the past week, I was really trying to nail down my national title pick, and I've gone back and forth, so I'm not nailed down on it, but there were two of the last seven days where I laid my head on my pillow thinking I'm gonna pick Miami to win the national title. Wow, that's how high I am on this Christ of Ball is a homie too. I mean that is one school. Two is pointing out SMU. I was gonna go the one before that, Clemson, Like dabble, what is what? It's a future for Dabbo. If it doesn't go the way we want to, that's all.
Speaker 4: That's a whole show, right, that's all.
Speaker 3: And we don't have to do We've been on here for two hours. We don't have to go through all of that just but it could get rocky fast. It's the most unique situation of any major program. Sark is unique for one reason. Dabo's unique for a totally different reason. Like, think this through. I spent two days with this man this spring. He's awesome. It is a great hang. Dabos S twenty is one thousand percent resolute that they've made the right moves they need to make. That They're not done, They're just getting started. He's gonna be there for a long time. They're gonna pull the nose up. They will win another national title at Clemson. He is one thousand percent resolute. He will look he will look Daggers through your eyes when he says that you watch Clemson, do you feel that's the trajectory of that program.
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 6: I personally don't either. I'd love for him to be right, because I just I love Davos twenty, but I don't feel that either. I felt like, if you were going to do it, last year's team was the team to do it, and then this year there's a lot of unknown. Okay, but let's just take that worldview Dabbo has versus the opinion you and I happened to hold it. I think majority would agree with us. He's proven people wrong before, and he will bottle that up this year. He'll bottle up the whole Well, they're doubting us again. You know what we've done historically when people doubt us. I don't know that history is always the absolute best indicator of what the future holds in the sport. But that's where the disconnect is. Like, that's where it's such a unique case because in a normal world, when there's expectation and you fall flat, you're on the hot seat next year and if you don't deliver the next year, you're fired. Right, But this is Dabo Swinny. It's the face of Clemson football now and for the foreseeable future unless someone comes in there and does something truly decade long historic. Daboswinny is Clemson football, and it wasn't that when I was a child. So he's come along since I have existed and totally redefined the face of a major program. He won multiple time national titles. He did it against the Apex predator in the sport while that Apex Predator was at its best in Alabama. The dude's a legend. He's an icon. He's like rush More caliber in my lifetime of head coaches. So are you really going to tell me? They're going to tell that guy and thanks, but no, thanks, You're done here? Is that how the exit would work?
Speaker 3: No, it's sure. In a situation where it mutually parted, ways would be the terminology they would use on the breaking graphic.
Speaker 6: Okay, And sometimes that happens when you got infinite amounts of respect for someone, both in sports and in the business world, and it just comes time you mutually decide to part ways, and it's negotiated and there's a buyout, and you've got like a cushy administrative job afterwards, whatever you want. I don't get the sense that's how Dabo would leave Clemson because that is not where his mind is at right. Daboswenny does not believe he's on the last few holes of his career. Dabosweny thinks they're about to turn to the back nine right now. Like that's just how he views himself. And people can think, oh, that's so myopic, Like that is completely delusional. This man has made an entire career of proving people wrong. So you got to understand they've told that guy he's delusionable before and they've won titles. So you thinking he's delusional is just indicative to him that I must be on the right track then right, Like this does not phase him before you know, it's not only his radar. In your conversation with him, Thank you with myopic near sighted?
Speaker 4: Are short sighted?
Speaker 3: Needed that even beautiful vocabulary? When your time with Dabbo, did he give you his opinion on ANIL that he I know he's expressed it publicly, but it seems like a lot of these coaches that were so successful pre nil getting an IL world and they are of the thought process that we don't need We just need to keep being who we are. We don't need to conform to what college football is. College football can stay with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So his opinion is a lot of people's opinions. He is the face of a lot of opinions that many share, which is, you know the whole Hey, I'm not anti players getting paid. I wish we had guardrails. I wish we had more guidelines. I wish we had proper structure to this world. Also, I wish what players make was public so we could get a better sense of what the quote unquote market is. And then of course there's going to be some dude on the side of the road yelling, yeah, you should collectively bargain it, and then someone else is gonnay, we can't collective bargain with college athletes. That's different. That makes them employees. And then that group says, what's so bad about that? And then that group says, I'll tell you what's so bad about that? And you just want the season to start right point Yeah, you know, when it's July and we need to talk more than ever. Correct. But he has the opinion. He's an old school kind of guy, so he leans more traditionalists in his views. But at the same time, they just took what like ten portal guys I think in this past cycle, so they're gonna have guys specifically Tom Allen is his coordinator, second year defensive coordinator, and he just flat out looked and said, you know, the thing about our secondary is they can't run fast enough, so we need to get speed in our secondary. So they went to the portal and they tried to overhaul their defensive secondary and they will see how they did. But this is the first go round of Dabo's sort of I won't say resisting but trying, but like he's kind of dipping his toe into the concept of using the portal more. It'll never be the lean to, but it'll be a resource they could use. I've just always looked my big gripe with the way they've run things over there is they've got the Clemson way. They've got the characteristics and the values they want a Clemson player to have. People can think that's hoky. I love that, that's college football. To me, I've just never believed that those attributes are only able to be found in high school recruiting. I believe you could run a comb through the portal any given year, and most of it may get filtered out. Okay, your boxes you need to be checked. That may filter out ninety percent of the portal. But you're not looking to sign thirty or forty kid, You're looking to sign five of them. Let's say I believe any given year there are five kids at positions of need for Clemson University in the portal, that it would not hurt you at all and it would not sacrifice anything at all to go get they're trying it this year. Was it a year too late? That's kind of the dot dot dot on Clemson. Yeah, we'll find out week one. We will start to find out week one.
Speaker 3: Yes, we start, we'll start, perc definitively know by week one.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: What's gonna take place.
Speaker 6: After they go down there and lose by seven?
Speaker 3: No? What is the LSU?
Speaker 4: Clemson?
Speaker 3: Things way different than Mishigan, Oklahoma, way different, way different. You're looking at two products Michigan, you're looking at kind of an individual. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Go on, though, I just so.
Speaker 3: If I'm looking at LSU you have a forty million dollars roster. You're not saying if this one or two guys are successful, then that'll kind of push the train in the direction needs to go. Same thing with Clemson. It's like, okay, they brought their ten guys into the roster, they've revamped their secondary. Now we can see how they start to Michigan. Other those things are things that you can go based on the result that takes place in a week one and go. That'll take time. That's where I kind of lean back a little bit more of when you look at Michigan, it's like you look at the roster and you know where you're successful at and where your question marks are. Given all the areas where you feel very positive about they massively outweigh the concerns. But that one concern is your quarterback. And that's where you'll know a little bit more about the identity of well not the identity, but the success of your team as opposed to these two teams. That's fair, that's fair. Okay, it's a fair time. We'll take that. We have been on the show for two like what it's been over two hours? Right, Yep, we're kind of going we're taking Josh Paate's time.
Speaker 6: I actually don't have to be anywhere until tomorrow afternoon. Okay, perfectly, I'm good twenty four hour episode.
Speaker 3: But let's quickly go.
Speaker 6: Should we raise money for charity? Should we do it Shelby? Should we get a bank of phones in here?
Speaker 3: I mean, you saw some torn nato? Is this this year? Actually just one tornado? You said you saw one to that area? You saw it and could probably use some charity work. Unbelievable, how crazy? Very crazy? Do you want to tell those stories or do we kind of just leave those stories to ourselves in our own personal lives.
Speaker 6: I'm glad to tell the story. Okay, God was Effingham, Illinois. Yeah, it was about a month and a half ago the tornado. Sniffer was riding shotgun. I was driving, We had driven, all drove. I only drive. I don't trust anyone to drive control freak. Yeah, well I love it. Yeah, so there's video. I've got full video of this.
Speaker 4: On our YouTube channel if anyone's interested. But we uh, who's that calling me?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: The president, just the bank. Okay.
Speaker 6: I'm not in it for the money though, that's right. A fan of money, I'd like to have more of it. I'm for the money, right, So we are heading due west there's a tornado in a field right in front of us. We are headed due west. This tornado is moving east southeast, so if you think you're running alongside it, it's gonna cross the road at some point. We have to determine very quickly whether we can beat this thing, whether we can get past it before it crosses the road. Split second decision. We think we can make it. We drive through the outer circulation. So technically you have to drive through the tornado, but we know it's outer circulation. It's not going to pick us up fingers crossed. We get through, we come up on an intersection. I take a left. I why turn it and turn it back around in time for that tornado to go across the road in front of us. We're less than fifty yards away from it, and it wiped building clean. It partially destroyed another house. And the smell, so you roll down the windows. The most vivid sensory overload is the smell of top soil and vegetation, because it's ripping trees right in front of you, and it clogs your nostrils almost as strongly as like if you open a magic marker and put it under your nose. Or you walked up to a gas pump and gas spilled all over the place. The bickness of the gas fumes and you're in your nostrils. That's how thick the smell of top soil and vegetation was as soon as we rolled the window down, and then we come in behind it and there's destruction everywhere. Now we took some heat for not stopping and helping people. What the YouTube commenters did not know is we had already coordinated with three other chase teams who are on the other side of the tornado. So as soon as that tornado comes through, they're already there. They're on the other side of that building. They're already rendering first aid. So our modus operandi when we're in the field is we already know where each other is, and we know if this building just got leveled, then we got to take it. If no one's there, but if someone else is there, this sting is still on the ground, so we leave first response to them and we continue to follow behind that tornado. That's what we did. Unbelievable experience. Pres camera guy was in the back seat first tornado ever, shit himself. He was totally calm, No, suspiciously calm, like to the point where I.
Speaker 4: Ask, is substance involved? Here?
Speaker 6: Are you a real human?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Because I was surprised by that how calm he was. He was very calm.
Speaker 3: That is a put some question marks and some guys like that. We talked about it. I think it was on a show a couple of weeks ago about things we said we'd do but we never did. And one of the things that popped up was go storm chasing with Josh paid in March.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing in April and May is open too. I did not go on to chase all year. That I think would have been conducive for you to come on that cause these were multi day chases. Many of them we struck out on and this one we we finally like hit the jackpot on, but it was at the very very end, and so you would have had to go through a pretty excruciating several thousand miles traveled of striking out to end up cashing in on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's one of those things if you're trying to show somebody the game is not the this is not the year you would have wanted to do it. Because I probably would have quit. I've been like, yeah, gone back to Nashow. Anybody there's another one, be like you go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, you you. We did not have the opportunity to do Oklahoma Kansas, Nebraska on a prime outbreak day this year. That doesn't mean anything about twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: That means this.
Speaker 3: Relationship is just one near longer. Yeah, I kind of like it says we need to hit these three things back to back before wrapping. Okay, Row, Spicy tear talk, first date activities. I know it's been a while since you've been on a first date. Yeah, it's always been a while since I've been on a first date. Deeke started the pre production meeting by saying, intercourse is the first thing you can do as far as like tier talk goes Row Spicy tear Talk. I'll just put that at god teer. We'll just put that at god teer real quick. That we just kind of shelf that. Does anybody disagree?
Speaker 4: No? Okay?
Speaker 3: Also the silence is deafening, so well you don't we'll just shelf it. We'll put in the corner there you go. That's a bonus. That's a bonus. It's a thing that could happen. Best first date activities, Best first date activities. I'm gonna go I'm just gonna throw one out there. This is going to be more of a high school one. This is if you're in high school, you're looking to find love, but you're also looking to find somebody that you can marry and have children's with children with batting cages. Oh buddy, And I know that sounds crazy, but sometimes you just want to know, Like, hey, if we're gonna go the distance together and I'm gonna reproduce with you, I want to see what that hand eye is all about.
Speaker 6: That's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: You like that? Get him in there.
Speaker 3: We'll start at the thirty five mile an hour one. I want to see that swing more than anything. I want to see the warm up swing because if that nubs coming down, I think we got something you.
Speaker 6: Known't else you want to see is the mentality when they're in the box, right. Hell, that's gonna be half your child one day. Yeah, exactly, like wall, Yeah, are you gonna face it?
Speaker 4: Or what? Boys?
Speaker 3: We got anything in the back? Some one said paintballing when we were all that's insane. I like that and I loved that same team or different teams. Oh, different team. Yeah, you gotta lighter up. It's gonna happen eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just heard a bunch of Weltz on our side and had a great time with you today.
Speaker 3: That was amazing.
Speaker 4: You want to know what me and.
Speaker 6: Savannah French at the time I did on our first date. She came to Nashville. She was up here visiting her friend. I caught wind of it, so I asked if she just wanted to go hang out, go get dinner or whatever. We do it. Then we end up just driving around. You can't ever go wrong with the drive.
Speaker 4: And she ends up.
Speaker 6: Confiding in me that she's about to go back because she was working at Alabama at the time. She's about to go back home and tell Nick Saban that she's leaving. It is not related to me, like her dad was not in a good way, so she wanted to go back home to caretake. So you're dropping some heavy stuff first off, Like she dropped intimate details about her family. I'm a college football junkie. She works at Alabama for Nick Saban and confides in me, Hey, no one knows this but my family, but I got to go tell coach saban, I'm quitting, and that's not going to be a fun trip back to Tuscaloosa. And so that was what we did. Great food, great conversation, and I felt like at that point it's all downhill from here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but you need to learn a lot kind of make a decision right then. And they're like, Oh, this person's being this open with me. I kind of love that it was.
Speaker 6: It was very very unique, like we have. We had a such a unique introduction. First time I met her family was at her father's funeral. I'm dead serious. First time I met her mother in person was at her father's funeral. First time I met her family in general. Honestly, given the circumstances, I would say it went as well as it could. It was heavy, though, So once you got My point is, once you go through that in your first month to month and a half of dating, you're thinking, like most of the time you get this speech that the first month is all sunshine, rainbows, and you're talking to a grizzled marriage veteran of twenty years and they're telling you tough times are to come. Just just be ready to weather the storm. We drove straight into the storm. Right, we went straight into the storm. Yeah, month once.
Speaker 4: So is your answer car drive.
Speaker 6: I don't think you can go wrong with the car drive if you're good in that setting.
Speaker 3: Can I be honest with you? The more I'm thinking about, like the funeral situation of meeting her family, it's kind of like, given the circumstances, a really good way to.
Speaker 4: Meet the family I'm introverted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like you, because when you meet somebody, there's a there's a feeling of having to be a little bit performative, like I want to show off my personality a little bit, or like show like this is why your daughter was interested in me. If you're at a funeral, the best move is to be quiet and as helpful as possible, like grat like you're not invested in what's taking place other than you're courting this individual who just lost somebody that they love very much.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: It's like can I grab water for everybody? Is everybody like comfortable? If I'm sitting somewhere the mom walks in, I stand up, Hey, take a seat, absolutely, and you can kind of just fall back where they walk away and you're not the main topic of conversation because that's what's already taken the funeral. But there's a point where they go, Hey, by the way, Josh seems like a really nice guy, and all you did was just be helpful.
Speaker 6: That was the dynamic kind of a That was the dynamic kind.
Speaker 4: Of a hack.
Speaker 3: An unfortunate hack, fortunate, very an unfortunate hack took place.
Speaker 6: So car ride, Car Ride's good. If you're a good conversationalist and you're a good driver, got to be a good driver. Ye know where you're going? Yep, don't GPS. No, don't do that, especially in your hometown. Boggles my mind. How many people don't know their way around their hometown.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, dude, though, But like Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Somebody like, if you've lived in a city for more than two years, okay, you're still GPS.
Speaker 4: In your way.
Speaker 3: I'll be real with you, though, I lived here for twelve years, and sometimes I gotta pop on a little something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but not on your normal commute, no no, no, no, no no no, I mean I do it for traffic sometimes that's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like like what's the quickest way to get a call?
Speaker 6: That's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, there.
Speaker 6: Are a lot of people I just take for granted, Like I I grew up man. First off, I was like a geography nerd, So I know so maps, I know cities, I know all that. I just take for granted that people know if you're in Nashville, which direction is Wyoming? Or if you're in Nashville and you want to go to Tallahassee, Florida, Like, are you gonna hook up with twenty four to chattanoogaan that takes seventy five all the way down to Tallahassee. I take for granted that people kind of loosely know that, but they don't. But the extreme example of that is there are people who pull out of their driveway every day of their life and GPS the grocery store.
Speaker 4: That they go to.
Speaker 6: That's heartbreak here, and they just they divorced themselves from ever memorizing how to drive. So anyway, if it's a first date and you're doing that, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think that's Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what's embarrassing flying with somebody to Las Vegas, Nevada and being from Arizona and telling them, oh, this is a kind of a similar landscape is what Arizona is. Then asking where Arizona is because they thought it was.
Speaker 4: More in the north except me. That's you.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: The first time Jared and I went to Vegas and we're doing a vlog, you said we could drive there from here?
Speaker 6: Is like drive.
Speaker 4: It gets full.
Speaker 3: I was on my the same spill as I was on the way to festival. Arizona's the best state.
Speaker 6: Will just bro No one likes her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was just crazy and nasty. But it's probably way I have stripped now, dude, that' karma. Wow, that's probably what I'm just saying. It could be a week could be a reason stripped six years old albums thirty six? See thirty six or thirty seven?
Speaker 6: Is strap something you grow out of like chicken pox? Is it not something you're supposed to get when you don't.
Speaker 3: Think it's something you really get as it like an adult adult? Oh No, dude, I got when I was twenty one, got what tonels out. Haven't sniffed it since?
Speaker 4: Why you can't get you can't get.
Speaker 3: I can't get stripped throat now.
Speaker 4: That's why you got it? Crazy?
Speaker 6: You got skin my knee in years? No, I got this prosthetic.
Speaker 3: What other spicy tear talk?
Speaker 6: First?
Speaker 4: Date activities.
Speaker 3: We need one more sure?
Speaker 5: Oh you should pay?
Speaker 3: You said paintball, got stt Outing is crazy, dude, got.
Speaker 5: It would be crazy, but it kind of it puts you in the tunnel of chaos where you're really getting the other person.
Speaker 3: Can I give I'll give it another one?
Speaker 4: Yes, State Fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like that's that's like you see in every single.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is exactly what though.
Speaker 6: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: But if you're able to knock down all those cans and get her the big Teddy Bear, I mean, cancel Christmas. You're doing You're doing what Dee talked about pre production.
Speaker 5: You know what's better than The Fall to fall in Love?
Speaker 3: Very nice?
Speaker 5: Just saying very cool, Hey, very cool. You know what's also really really cool? What's that sign behind you?
Speaker 6: Say?
Speaker 3: Right there Taylor the boys?
Speaker 5: And what's that sign to the right of that one?
Speaker 3: Say like stage right?
Speaker 4: Or am I right? Oh?
Speaker 6: Great? Great?
Speaker 4: Great question.
Speaker 6: That's a corporate question.
Speaker 5: Great question.
Speaker 6: That's someone who's done this thing before.
Speaker 5: That would be your right when your face bud like bud like question. Have you ever been asked the bud like question?
Speaker 3: I've personally never been asked the bud like You've been asked the bud like question, haven't you probably several times? What would you do anything for? People who do anything for a.
Speaker 5: Nice back in time, he wanted to watch The Dinosaur was fantastic.
Speaker 6: A You know another one that I would love to go back and see is the entire beginning to end of the David Versus Goliath story playout.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 3: Imagine I'll say that that battle took place on a Saturday. Imagine if there was a pre show on a Friday where people can get on their mules or whatever and head on over to watch people break down David Versus Goliath and kind of be a boring show where it was like, Yeah, Goliath is gonna run all over this cat. He's got no choice. He's got a what, He's got a slingshot. They start talking about accuracy numbers of slingshot and David's frail body, only to have one of the greatest upsets of all time take place.
Speaker 6: It's literally old test.
Speaker 3: It's old test.
Speaker 6: But the thing about it is, if you read the story, first off, David is like fivet nothing, one hundred pounds, nothing, and it just doesn't even phase him. He's like, I'll kill him, And the general says, no, you're a boy. That dude's like eighteen feet tall. You can't kill him. And he says, I've killed lions and bears before, and it just skims over that no one really talks about because he's a shepherd, so he's looking after sheep, and bears and lions have come after the sheep, and David just says, but I've killed lions and bears before. Have you ever seen a bear or a lion?
Speaker 3: Unless that's about the zoo.
Speaker 6: Then think about it in the wild and what does it take to kill those? So if I'm armed with that, and I can verify it if I'm a general, trust, but verify if I've taken one of those down. I'm not saying I'm favored against Goliath. I'm just saying the money line number just shrunk considerably.
Speaker 3: What do you think the FanDuel odds would have been with that type of information David versus Goliath on a Saturday at noon.
Speaker 6: I still think Goliaths a minus nine hundred minus one thousand money line favors. Yeah, But I just think if you're armed with the information. See that's where information becomes an information. If you know, David has killed a lion and a bear, plus the confidence, like the mentality he walks in there with. He's cool, calm and collected. He goes and gets a few stones and no problem, and then he kills him and cuts his head off in front of his entire army, holds that thing up with golias. He's favored the next week.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, he's here.
Speaker 4: He's goaded for that.
Speaker 3: Can you think about a five foot nothing, one hundred pound nothing guy severing the head of an eighteen foot giant and holding it over his head. That's probably the most unbelievable part of that entire story. Doesn't even make sense. How long does it take do you think to cut off? I mean, realistically, I think Goliath was like nine feet tall. That's a thick neck. That's a thick neck.
Speaker 6: How long does it take to cut that head off?
Speaker 3: Long enough for the crowd to go from really excited to it's really all uncomfortable quiet? Yeah, and you just everyone kind of his quiet down and just hear cars Fox piano injury music. Literally long enough for you and me ago, we'll be back right after these messages and have a full commercial break.
Speaker 5: The Patriot scene with the hatchet.
Speaker 3: Yes, yet how sharp is that knife?
Speaker 4: His sword?
Speaker 5: He did it with Goliath swords, so think about how big that sword was.
Speaker 6: Again, well, David turned down armor because he couldn't support the armory. So he said, I don't even need all this lot of holes, a lot of holes in this story. Yeah, you gotta go back and see it. I want to see it for myself. I don't doubt that it happened. I want to see it happen. I know we were like supposed to wrap, but we were talking me Jared and Will come to that. We're talking about the greatest superpowers to have. And when you brought up going back in time, I think I have the greatest superpower of all time. That if you were saying, if you have a superpower, what would it be, and it would be to control time? Control time, go back, go forward, something happens. Let's say allegedly there's a show that takes place in the Fall on Fridays. All right, we're on location. You say something so outlandish it just came out of your mouth. Mean, the players are dark but yeah, and then you have to say dark horse. But you need to get the horse out because we would write to commercial break and it's like, oh my god, he's done. You can just rewind kind of like click. Is there a better superpower than that? I don't think so, but we've already worked all that out. There's no remote. You do it to yourself. You're living in the time. Let's say I'm tired right now. I can pause this whole thing, go take a nap.
Speaker 3: Come back. You asked me a question, Oh, you know who the cal quarterback is, don't you? And I'm like, and I go look at it, and I come back and playing, I'm like, yeah, why boom when every trivia, every boker right hand dumb? I mean, is that not the greatest go ahead?
Speaker 8: They ask you who you think is gonna win on Saturday? You pause fast forward, quick see, and you're like, I think Text's gonna win this game. Arch Man's gonna throw for three hundred and fift yards and you.
Speaker 3: Just have crystal ball type of callouts. That's third and six four seconds left in the game. Arch Manning runs it in on the left hash. I mean, buddy, purpose in life though, with this superpower, that's.
Speaker 6: True, you cannot abuse it, and you got to be disciplined with it. I think you can become numb to it.
Speaker 4: Then there's no fun.
Speaker 5: I don't know if Taylor's winning all his hands in baker On, I don't think he could have.
Speaker 3: I'm not miserable, dude. I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying every bit of it.
Speaker 4: You would know I am so easy to entertain. Yeah, but you would know every single thing like that is going to happen to, like to where there's no variability of you, like like you're gambling, like you know there's no shot of you losing.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no, Because I would just take L days. I would do like on every couple of months. I do an L day.
Speaker 4: You'd be a billionaire and I'd be a billionaire. I've been messing around.
Speaker 6: Hold on, you have the ability to bend time to your favor, and you think you need to gamble in a casino to become a billionaire.
Speaker 4: No, that's just for fun.
Speaker 6: That's for fun.
Speaker 3: Because no listen, now, okay, first off, I'm able to bend time, but no one knows it can bend time. Eventually, there's going to be a book written about all my successes. How do I want to start. How did Tailor make it? I'm bending time. I'm not playing football anymore. There was eighteen years old. He had a he had a stick and one of those bandanas with a with a sandwich in it. And I've just got to Vegas. Somehow five dollars in my pocket turned into ten million? How do you do that?
Speaker 4: That's incredible.
Speaker 3: I'm changing my story.
Speaker 6: You don't even you don't even accept that your story up to this point is your real story. You're going to rewrite and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know what I'll do again once I get bored that they're a different one.
Speaker 5: That's kind of sicky, you living.
Speaker 3: I've had I've had a phenomenal life, phenomen I've had a phenomenal wife better than most.
Speaker 4: Yeah, better.
Speaker 3: But I'd go rip around a little bit and come this one andever lore use it like a like a like a filing cabinet just opened up. Be like you know what, I'm gonna go back to twenty twenty sixth boom right here right now, living a great life.
Speaker 4: Wow, And it goes unsaid.
Speaker 5: You would still go to that same restaurant and run into tailing on that same day. You would have the daymarked on your county.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was my house. But everything, oh yeah, except for I would just go and find tailoring when she turned eighteen, because I feel like if I'm thirty, Yeah, isn't there a crazy movie about that where a guy. My wife watched this when she was pregnant, where a dude time traveler's wife and he goes and he meets his wife. When have you seen this movie? Guy goes and meets his wife when she's like five, And basically I didn't watch the whole thing, but I caught the gist of it. Grooms this woman into falling in love with him, and then he bounces back to the present time, so he goes past and present past.
Speaker 4: She's in every.
Speaker 6: Older this post wedding crasher, Yes, if he post wedding. I remember the title of this, but I never saw it.
Speaker 3: You should watch this movie. It's actually really good. But the whole bouncing back and forward thing is because he also when he time travels, he he has no clothes on, so he pops up. Yeah, but I'm saying he pops up on this. Rachel McAdams as a younger girl, So I would find Taylor when she was eighteen she's eighteen. She's a uh probably Alberta, Canada. I go there, what's up? What's your name? Oh Taylor?
Speaker 4: And I would just well, actually, at that point, she would just scream for her parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, I'm not naked. Josh, it's a different movie.
Speaker 6: No, no, no. If you're going to talk to a kid at five years old, though, how old is she when you're going to do?
Speaker 3: You gotta watch a movie. I walked in halfway through the movie.
Speaker 4: You're you're talking to Taylor when she's eighteen? Ship?
Speaker 3: I guess time traveling. I've been probably a couple of thousand years old. I've lived multiple lives, let's just say, a couple of probably couple of doubt, like in real life.
Speaker 6: That's that's what we're looking at here in real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go back to when I was eighteen as well. Stop all the tomfoolery, stop all tom foolery, and just go find her right away. Come with me, Come with me, and you will see. And i'd start a chocolate factory as well. And I find little people that are orange and they've worked for me for free. Ah, dude, something like lumpus something you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Loomphus also about Time, which is another club story that circles around time travel that also features Rachel McAdams.
Speaker 4: About Time, I know, great movie about Times.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've seen this movie.
Speaker 5: You would love It makes you a little sad at points it is.
Speaker 3: I can't do sad. I can't do that.
Speaker 4: Taylor.
Speaker 3: Will Taylor's got this thing right now where she sends me like Instagram like DM's me Instagram things where it's like the relationship between a father and a daughter. And at this age, this and at that age, I'll literally start crying immediately. So I just text her, I just DM her back. Nope, I'll be laying right next to her, but nope, I won't do it, can do I look at this photo three times an episode, and I'm like, I'm about to cry just looking at Willow. She's become emotional when you have kids. You know, I'm not proud of it. You're not proud of it?
Speaker 4: Why not? Because I don't want to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think that's more fret browie. You need to embrace. Oh, you need to embrace being an example.
Speaker 3: I am very emotional, even for a man at any standard. Absolutely, there's just pieces of me that like, I just don't feel like being emotional yet I see one little thing and it makes me emotion. I'm like, I don't feel like you having that kind of day. So instead of rewinding time, I just don't look at it.
Speaker 4: You just skip ahead. I love to. Yeah, you just skip past love to that's fair.
Speaker 3: I love to Big twelve Texas Tech, Texas Tech b yu.
Speaker 6: Yeah, A man, I'm not punting on BYU.
Speaker 3: No one should.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well a lot of people are.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 6: I don't know, they just have got it in their heads. Is Texas Tech in the field and that may be the order of the odds, But I think Brigham Young's got something to say. They don't play them in the regular season this year. They do play Notre Dame in the regular season. Notre Dame playing one game for the season. And meanwhile, one of those games that apparently is a layup is in Provo, Utah.
Speaker 4: It's not a layup.
Speaker 6: To me, it's not.
Speaker 3: I'll just say, I know we're not gonna just break down the Big twelve now, we're not gonna do the shirm. But that second game on the schedule right there, who schedules is by very sneaky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sneaky.
Speaker 3: I think two so on, Arizona's a little sneaky this year.
Speaker 6: Arizona as a state a little sneaky.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 6: It's basically bag.
Speaker 5: And it snows.
Speaker 3: It's basically Vegas and it's got.
Speaker 6: A huge meteorite landed in the middle of nowhere out there, right or was that New Mexico?
Speaker 3: Probably it's probably New Mexico.
Speaker 6: You remember we saw that what state?
Speaker 3: Oh that was Yeah, that was finn in Arizona. Yeah, it's just I mean we were flying from Tennessee, so it could have been any of those states. You know, nobody likes areas as all. I remember flights fast forward. I'm flying to LA and twelve hours, six hours, whatever it is.
Speaker 6: Then commercial doesn't hurt you if you don't have to go through the commercial flight process. Yeah, you fast forward through it does the cumulative tolls still get taken on your psyche when you arrive in the future. Not my world, not my world, having this is you know what I went through last week?
Speaker 4: I and I'm I.
Speaker 3: First off, it says a lot about our friendship that you share.
Speaker 6: That's what emotional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, and I pray that we live in a world where Josh Payton never goes through TSA again.
Speaker 4: One day, one day, one day, one day, soon, very soon before we get out.
Speaker 3: Of here, Boys and girls A Courtyard dot, I are you familiar?
Speaker 6: Courtyard, very familiar?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Rip packs? Oh actually I was thinking about the hotel chain.
Speaker 3: No, this is way better than that.
Speaker 6: Tell me about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Courtyard is an app, all right on this app. Clearly cards have become a big part of our lives, whether it's Pokemon and mostly Pokemon football. But Courtyard doesn't just have that. They have baseball, they have basketball, they have one piece, they have commic books, they have everything. They're also doing coins now as well watches. If you want to do that, you can go and spend a dollar figure from twenty five dollars all the way up to I think the watches go to fifteen thousand dollars and you rip, You basically do it, and it randomizes gives you something where you can get a like if I can't rip a twenty five dollars pack and sometimes pull like a five hundred dollars card, wow, you can also the other way. But when you rip these things you can sell it right back. For I think ninety percent of the estimated value of the card. You can send it to somebody. So if I pull something you're like, oh, I'm a huge fan of insert name, I can send you that card. You can mail it to yourself. Or there's a marketplace, a whole social marketplace that Jared Beeman has become very accustomed to because he's ripping WNBA cards twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: Kaitlyn Clark's doing well.
Speaker 3: Kaitlyn Clark's doing well in your world? Correct, Yes, So we as a company have partnered up at Courtyard. They are big in the card game. We've already established that the National Card Convention in Chicago is taking place this week. I didn't know that we are doing training camp tour, so we're not able to make it big misstep by busting with the boys. Next year we will fix that. But we went during Nashville's biggest card convention and we picked up I think forty thousand dollars worth of cards, forty thousand dollars with the cards that we went, took package, gave it to Courtyard. Courtyard is making a Bustle with the Boys template logo area where you can rip and pull those grails, those heaters. The number one card in that pack is a Kaju cam Ward Rookie twenty twenty five tops. And there's a bunch of other downtowns, a bunch of things you can pull, yellow vlog coming out there, the whole thing. Dude, it's gonna be absolutely incredible. Please enjoy some Courtyard. And if you are new to Courtyard, you download that app. You can use No Bad Days fifteen for fifty percent off your first rip No Bad Days that's mine. And also I got a little update. That promo code's gonna go away soon because so many people have used it. No, it's a nice deal. Yes, come on, yes, all right, boys and girls, listen. I did something all right. Nashville had a card show. I went down to the Nashville Card Show. I handpicked my personal favorite football cards ever went around their beautiful cards, immaculate all over the place. Courtyard is doing me a massive favorite. They're turning them into the first ever busting pack, first one ever. Some of the Chase cards on there, we're gonna put them on the list. You're gonna see him right now. My personal favorite is the cam Wod twenty twenty five tops cod you card that is the grail of this busting pack. So if you pull one of my cards, all right, you're not just winning, you're also getting a ball. Tail We're getting a ball. What does that mean? You're in a ball that's signed by not only myself, Tail Law, but also my co host, Will Compton. Your boys one football. Go grab a pack on Courtyard right now and use code no Bad Days fifteen for fifteen percent off your first rip. It's busting with the boys, baby, Let's let it rip. And the Toddy that you're showing is just a raw card. The card that you can get on Courtyard is a PSA ten. PSA ten is mint mint conditioned card. Doesn't get more valuable than that. Boys and Girls, Josh, would you like the last word? Before were on the show?
Speaker 5: Would you like to ask Taylor the bud light question?
Speaker 6: Is it any question I want?
Speaker 5: It could be or it could be a lot of people do anything for a bud light? What would Taylor Luwan do anything for?
Speaker 4: What would you do anything for?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can't say family.
Speaker 6: No, No, Family's very easy.
Speaker 4: Lay up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what would I do anything for? Dude? I would do anything to wake up on a Friday morning in the fall, go to the airport, get on a plane with two great buddies, fly to a destination or a football game is about to take place that might define the entire season, held a generation, and talk about that game with my two friends for an hour on a major media platform, for your country, for my country, for my people. And then I love to travel the Las Vegas, Nevada with the boys during the National Championship and do the same damn thing. Wow, man, that's what I personally would do anything for anything.
Speaker 4: But that's just me, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm just a guy. Man to dream though there to dream, to dream. I'm a dreamer. I'm an optimist.
Speaker 4: What can you say? That's life. We feel good, boys, feel good. Hell of a sode.
Speaker 6: Yeah, lunchtime. Appreciate you coming pleasure, Get well soon.
Speaker 4: Will run a pass.
Speaker 3: Josh part Commissioner of College Football. Though one and only Please subscribe, unsubscribed, resubscribe and comment big hugs Chinese to Pisses.
Speaker 2: Must be twenty one plus and present in select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino, or eighteen plus and present in DC first online Real moneyweight. You're only five dollars first deposit required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable bonus bets which expire seven days after receipt. Restrictions apply see terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler or visitfanduel dot com slash RG call one eight eight eight seven eight nine seventy seven seventy seven, or visit CCPG dot org slash chat in Connecticut, or visit nd Gamblinghelp dot org in Maryland. Hope is here, visit gambling heelplinem dot org or call eight hundred three two seven fifty fifty for twenty four seven support in Massachusetts, or call one eight seven seven eight Hope n Y. Or text Hope n Y.
Speaker 6: In New York