Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Our one on this Wednesday. Come on in, stay a while. Gang's all here, ready to go. The King of Content is that your nickname?
Speaker 3: Ton?
Speaker 4: The Captain contents?
Speaker 2: Captain Content there, Todd Fritz in the back seating is here with the poll question, and Marvin upfront along with Paulie in the backroom.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: Cooper de Jean, the Eagles rookie defensive back, had a touchdown a pick six on his birthday in the Super Bowl. How do you come up with an encore with your next birthday?
Speaker 4: For that?
Speaker 2: Like what happens on his next birthday? But he'll join us coming up. Nick Bright, Kansas City Chiefs fan, will stop by as well. Your phone calls are welcome eight seven to seven to three. DP Show email address depat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter HANDLYDP Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app, and we say good morning to all of our radio affiliates around the country. Stat of the Day brought to you by I can't say stat of the Day without thinking of Pandora singing stat of the Day yesterday. Give me just a little bit of Pandora, Marvin, if you can stat of.
Speaker 4: The Jay Start of the day. We love your arm status day status.
Speaker 2: You know, Pandora is a music service, just not the music service you probably were signing up for.
Speaker 4: But thank you Pandora.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Nadia America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. This first hour brought to you by Keeper's Heart. New and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskeys and creates a smooth character of Irish whiskey, bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you gotta try it. Please drink responsibly, all right, pull question, Play of the day, stat of the day, All of that forthcoming, no super Bowl fallout when you think about it. If you go back ten years ago, five days talking about Malcolm Butler's interception against Russell Wilson, we talked about that play that was called the end of that Super Bowl. What was at stake? Russ was going to win another one, Pete Carroll another super Bowl. Tom was going to be denied a Super Bowl. We spent five days on that. There's no real fallout because there was no real contest. There was nothing really to talk about other than, okay, the Eagles can they repeat? They're going to lose a couple of defensive players. They lost Kellen Moore. He's now the Saints head coach with the Chiefs. I guess there's you know, there's at least discussion points because you're talking about that offensive line again like we did a couple of years ago against Tampa Bay. And then you have Travis Kelsey. Is Kelsey going to be back? Will they go out and make it? But Tyreek Hill once out of Miami or maybe still wants to be in Miami, do they bring Tyreek Hill back?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But what's Kansas City doing in the off season. They always seem to do the right thing in the off season, plug and play. But that's about it when you think about it. The Super Bowl is over. It was over before it was over. It was over at halftime, it felt like, and it just doesn't feel like there's any real discussion points there with them moving forward. You know, maybe a little bit. Now I'm going to play executive at ESPN. If I was going into the Sports Center Rundown meeting, and I would say, okay, now, once again, I'm doing this for ESPN, and how ESPN does it. Jalen Hurts elite quarterback? Is the top five quarterback? Now that would be a topic that we would have. Should Travis kelce retire? Where does the Eagles defense rank among all the great defenses of all time? Once again, I'm trying to get bullet points where if you're flipping through the channels, you'll go Jalen Hurts elite quarterback question mark, you might stop Eagles defense best Super Bowl defense of all time? Question mark? You'll stop there. Should Travis Kelcey retire? Question mark? That's how it works when you go into the meetings, Sports Center meetings or First Take or any of these other shows. It's like, all right, what is going to be a great bullet point you put on the screen? People might not have the sound up and they'll be flipping through and then they'll stop on them. And I get that. I mean, we're trying to come up with topics that are legitimate. And I did hear yesterday that people were talking about Jalen Hursty is the elite quarterback.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what that means. I think he's a winner.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's an elite quarterback because during the regular season we really don't talk about him, but we have talked about him in both of these super Bowls and these postseasons, and he played great. Absolutely, But I think elite is kind of a tricky word a designation. You know, remember we were trying to say. People were like, is Eli an elite quarterback?
Speaker 4: He's not. He's not an elite quarterback.
Speaker 2: He had two elite performances, but that doesn't make you an elite quarterback. Elite quarterback is week in and week out, and how many of those are Joe Burrow is elite. Patrick Mahomes is elite, Josh Allen elite. That might be it, like truly elite Lamar Jackson. Yeah, so those four, But that would be my conversation if I was bringing that up, proposing a topic, I would say, is you know Jalen Hurts an elite quarterback? Because then you get that discussion is he better than Justin Herbert? You know, throw in a couple other and you get to mention Dak Prescott at some point there and Presto chaninjoh You've got a segment there on the mother Ship.
Speaker 5: Yes, Pauline, I was thinking about Hurts and with what you're saying about elite, I think his numbers will prevent him from being considered a regular season elite guy. He's got to throw for, you know, thirty three hundred yards and twenty two touchdowns every year. He's not gonna lead the league in any category. This is an old school player comp. But this is very old school. Roger Staubach years ago was fantastic. He was a winner, but he ran and passed and never led the league in a lot of categories. But he just played well and was a leader. And I think that might be the player comp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just not everybody's elite.
Speaker 2: I you know, once again, if you're an elite quarterback, is the defense going to force you to beat them? And I would say no. Defenses were probably saying to Eli Manning and let's see if you can beat us. And he did beat the Patriots twice, but that was a defense that didn't want, say one Barkley to beat them, not no Jalen Hurts. But Hurts did produce, he did play extremely well. But do I think he's an elite quarterback? No, the defense that defen what we saw that was you know, there's always recency bias. I just remember when the Bears played the Patriots, and maybe that's not a good comparison in that same building many many, many years ago. I mean, that wasn't fair. That was not fair. The Ravens against the Giants, that was not fair. The Steelers when they played the Vikings back in whatever Super Bowl five or whatever it was six, that wasn't fair.
Speaker 4: Like, there's certain performances by defense where you go, goy, this is this is bad. They should stop this fight. Yes, Marv.
Speaker 6: Do you think Jalen Hurts is more of the Russell Wilson type where he probably might not get all the credit for a Super Bowl win, but he was really good in that Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great comp there, because Russ in that Super Bowl they lost against the Patriots, he was unstoppable. The Patriots truly did not have an answer for him until that pass play. Because other than that, he going to win a super Bowl and he's going to be the MVP. He's gonna have two super Bowls on his resume. But watching that game on the field, you could see there was absolute disarray and frustration with the Patriots trying to stop Russell Wilson because he really was great that evening. All righty see, what's the pole question we're going to go with today?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I think they make an interesting point too, that the uh, you know, they've forced Jalen Hurts, The Chiefs forced Jalen Hurts to beat them and he did, you know, by taking away Saquon Barkley. They're like, we're not going to let our best player, their best player beat us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're going to force this.
Speaker 7: Dude to make some plays and it turns out he did.
Speaker 4: So what what kind of pole question are we looking at? Who is the biggest threat?
Speaker 7: Who's the biggest threat. Who's the big threat to the Eagles in the NFC? Lions, forty nine, Ers, Commanders, Buccaneers, Vikings, Rams, other neither neither.
Speaker 4: Oh don't ch you have to put the Cowboys on there at least the questions we got, admit.
Speaker 7: I don't know that we'd die.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys were the threatening teams. The Cowboys were the eleventh ranked team in the NFC last year. They had seven wins. There's ten teams ahead of them on the depth sh a Ry top ten only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Dak Prescott said they're pretty close. Though, of course he has to say that. Now if he said, no, we're not close, now you have a story. But of course he's going to say. I could probably say to Caleb Williams, hey, how close are you to be in a super Bowl team? Hey, we're not We're not that far away, you know. I would say the Commanders feel a little closer, the Lions feel a little closer. I would still put San Francisco in there, maybe last call, but yeah, you could do that. I think recency biased people would say probably the Commanders. I'd still say the Lions, because the Lions get healthy, they have everybody, they don't necessarily need anybody. But if they would happen to go all in on Miles Garrett, now all of a sudden, we have a conversation here. But that Eagles defense, now they might lose a couple of these players. I think they have three free agents there, but you still have your offense signed up, and that's still a great offensive line and a great defensive line. Just that combination there. You're in every game, every single game because you have a great offensive line. Great defensive line and because of that, the Eagles will be back in this situation next season if they stay healthy. Kellen Moore is leaving the Eagles. There were people who talked about would you leave the Eagles offensive coordinator position to be a head coach? Now, granted it's the Saints and they're generic, but still, you get to be a head coach in the NFL. I mean that's the goal for most of these coordinators. You can't pass on that. Hey, he's never going to get the credit in Philadelphia. Oh, oh, who is the offensive court know? Oh Kellen Moore? Yeah, wasn't he with the Cowboys? Yeah, he was with the Chargers, So his window is open. It was open for him to get the head coaching position. Now, the Saints aren't going to be very good. Like the Saints are sort of in no man's land that they're middle and they're vanilla, like there's nothing about them where you go.
Speaker 4: Hey, Now, the.
Speaker 2: First two weeks of this past season, when they're putting up forty points, I'm like, wait a minute here, what's going on with the Saints? And then they came back to earth and then we realize the Saints are the Saints or the Aints, and okay, you can win that division, but I expect Atlanta to one day get it right.
Speaker 4: Tampa Bay is still good.
Speaker 2: But you know, these windows they open and they close rapidly.
Speaker 4: You know, the Rams.
Speaker 2: It felt like the window was opened just a little bit and then they opened it wider and wider and wider, and then all of us sudden, I go, they are going to beat the Eagles. They're going to go down and score a touchdown, kick the extra point, They're going to go to the super Bowl. I mean, that's how close it was. When you think about, hey, the Eagles were great. Now, granted you're playing in snow, but the Eagles are in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: The Rams are in LA.
Speaker 2: So you factor that in if you want to that maybe that kept the game closer because of the conditions. But the Rams were going to beat the Eagles in Philadelphia at their own game.
Speaker 4: That's how close it was.
Speaker 2: So as much as we want to christen the Eagles and say man dominating, and they were, they could have easily have lost that game to the Rams eight seven to seven to three.
Speaker 4: DP show email.
Speaker 2: Address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a dp show McKellen Moore did a really good job with that offense. But if you give me the best offensive line, I got two really good wide receivers. I got the best running back in football.
Speaker 4: I got a.
Speaker 2: Quarterback who rises to the occasion. I got a good tight end. I should put up points. And I was looking at this the Saints hired Kellen Moore. The Eagles averaged thirty six points per game in the postseason in the last thirty years. The only team to average more in winning at least two playoff games the twenty nineteen Chiefs. They scored thirty nine points per game.
Speaker 7: Stall of a Day, Stanta Day, Statuta Day, scant out a Day.
Speaker 4: This is the Stant of the.
Speaker 2: Day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Where do the Saints' rank among uninteresting, non relevant teams and non threatening non well word.
Speaker 4: Mediocre thrown around too a little bit vanilla? I heard, yes, Tod, The Titans.
Speaker 8: Are definitely there. Jaguars, well, at.
Speaker 2: Least the Titans have the number one pick in the draft, so they're at least interesting for about thirty minutes on Draft night.
Speaker 8: Arizona is kind of not anything.
Speaker 2: God, I thought Arizona was going to make a leap this past year. My guy Kyler Murray, Carolina. Although Caroline, I'm curious about Carolina now after you know, spending some time, you know, with some of those players at the Super Bowl. I are the Patriots interesting?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Let me take a break because we're going to run down this list here and I need a little more time. Also, Kevin Durant over thirty thousand points in his career, but how he's being described feels like it's a little bit of a knock on his resume. We'll have that for you coming up right after this Dan Patrick show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 4: Check us out.
Speaker 9: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Kavene and Rich.
Speaker 2: Phone calls are welcome, get to those coming up eight seven to seven three DP show settle on our pole question for the first hour. The Eagles defensive back Cooper de Jean will join us next hour, and Nick Wright will stop by to take his beating in the final hour of the program. All Right, you know I saw this article. Somebody sent me this article. I don't know why they sent me the article, but they said, hey, have you seen this trend in Hollywood? I go, Okay, guys getting chin implants and spending at least ten thousand dollars on getting.
Speaker 4: A like a really defined jaw a chin plant.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I guess what they do is they'll take pictures in of like Chris Hemsworth and like all these modo guys, and you go in and you say, I want my chin to look like that, and I think they're chin plants that like twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, Yeah, I'm looking at this now. There's a number of specialties, especially in the Beverly Hills area, and I can get chin for seven thousand. That's probably the bargain basement.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know if I want to go bargain when it comes to my face, you know.
Speaker 5: So what do they do? They probably put like an extension to the bones on your chin.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, checking, I have no idea, Yes, Ted, is it worth it?
Speaker 10: Though? Knowing even if you go to the most famous person, the greatest one and Beverly Hills or whatever, and they screw that up somehow, and now you have a worse looking chin, or it has some kind of weird dent to it.
Speaker 8: Can someone's chin unless you're Jay Leno or someone.
Speaker 10: Can someone's chin be that horrible that you need to do that when you think you're gonna be all of a sudden you' gona be hot because of your chin.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised that you went that route, that you skewed negative automatically, that they would screw up the search.
Speaker 10: It happens, though, and even if they do a perfect job, like well, you can take an average person and all of a sudden you become someone that's gonna be on the cover of magazines or look what to deal with that.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is for actors.
Speaker 2: I think this is for people who want to maybe get something that an actor has that you get to go in and say, hey, I want to have Brad Pitt's chin.
Speaker 10: There's so many parts of one's body that you would think would take precedence over how much money do you have left for the average person?
Speaker 8: Then to go chin is something I really got to deal with.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 5: Yes, Pauline, a chin implant is not that big of a deal from what I'm reading. Incision made under the chin so the scar is hidden, or you can go reverse it from inside the mouth. They create a pocket for the implant, and then the implant is inserted and molded to your chin bones. You're adding to it. There may be some filing down to the chin bone to make it more adhesive.
Speaker 2: But I never even noticed my chin. I didn't go, hey, how's my chin look? Or how do you compare it to somebody else?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Who's got the best jawline in the building? Here a jaw off, We can have a jaw well, Jeff, my nickname is jawfi. So'm I guess I'm going to recuse myself from this. Who has the best seaton? Are you trying to answer your jaw line? By the way you're frowning or looking?
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: That's what I thought? Who has the least intimidating jawline?
Speaker 8: That might be me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 8: I like my little nose.
Speaker 10: You know, we all have a thing maybe that we like about us as there's a lot of things that need a lot of construction on my end, but I always liked my nose.
Speaker 4: This was about the jaw.
Speaker 8: I think I have an average jaw. Yeah, I don't think I'm intimidating anybody.
Speaker 2: With my once again ten to twelve thousand dollars, and you could have the Chris Hemsworth, wasn't he thor or any one of those Marvel guys, one of the Hemsworth brothers.
Speaker 4: Yes, paum, If.
Speaker 5: You guys got a jaw implant or something, would you celebrate it and tell everybody or act like nothing happened. Let's say it's not a crazy surgery, but it's definitely everyone would notice something.
Speaker 4: Well, you're doing something to get noticed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you also don't like being pointed at. Oh look what you did. I wonder if you we announcer, try to slip it past the goalie.
Speaker 4: Oh, we would notice right away. You would notice right away. You'd be like, hey with one eye, Yeah, what are you doing? You get a jaw implant?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 8: Time are you doing something to get noticed?
Speaker 10: Or you're doing something to feel better about yourself, because every time you look in the mirror, you don't feel attractive or good enough compared to what you see on social media and AI pictures that are not even real people.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lot of things you could do to get noticed. I think you would like to enhance or feel better about yourself.
Speaker 10: I don't if I would get I don't know if they are suppose to get passed. So I hope everyone realizes that I got plastic surgery. I think it's the other way, especially when people take like the medications to lose weight, Like a lot of people would rather think that, wow, you must be really get regret him.
Speaker 4: And walking with you. I regret bringing this up my bet. Okay.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant went over thirty thousand points, and he did so in the third fewest games Wilt nine hundred and forty one games, Jordan nine sixty. So the two top scorers never really had the benefit of the three point shot. Jordan did, but he didn't. It wasn't used the same way it is now. Will of course did not, and he wouldn't have been taking three point shots. So Durant is in there tied with Kareem abdul Jabbar.
Speaker 4: And one games.
Speaker 2: Lebron did it in six more games than those two. Then it's Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, and Dirk Navisky. But with Kevin Durant, he is described as one of the great scores of all time, one of the great scores. Well, he is on the list, but out of that group, who do we say greatest scores. He's one of the greatest scorers of all time. Jordan, we call him the best player of all time. Kareem is one of the best players of all time. Lebron, even though he'll end up with the most points in NBA history, I don't think we look at him and go he's one of the great scores Karl Malone, Kobe. It almost feels like there's a disservis that Kevin Durant was one dimensional. He just a score, that's it. Now he is he can score anywhere against anybody. But it almost felt feels like we do a disservice in how we describe Kevin Durant. Alan Iverson great score, right, I think we would say that Alex English was another player, great score, Carmelo Anthony great score. Kevin Durant is different than those players because Kevin Durant actually can play defense, or has played defense, and I think at a couple stages in his career averaged like six assists. But he's he's so good at one thing that you forget about all the other things. You know, Mellow wasn't going to be a great passer, rebounder, defender. He was a great, great shooter, great score. Kareem could do a lot of different things. Lebron could, Karl Malone I think he was all NBA defense a few times, and a rebounder. Kobe could do everything. Dirk Navitz, Dirk was a great score Dirk would probably be in that Kevin dur He might be Kevin Durant before Kevin Durant as far as that guy can score, because I don't know if I ever remember a stat line where we went. You know, Novitsky had thirty one thirteen and seven. He just I don't remember ever saying anything like that with Dirk Noavitsky, but he was just like Kevin Durant.
Speaker 4: You couldn't guard him. He really he could score on any bit.
Speaker 2: But he was a deep shooter, one of the first big men who was truly a deep shooter. And Durant can score anywhere. But it almost I think what it's all said and done, Kevin Durant will be described as not one of the great players of all time or great all around players. It'll be he's one of the great scorers in NBA history, and I just think he's so much more than that. But I think he's so good at that that it kind of drowns out everything else he has.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Pulling, Yeah, he has really good rebounding stats, block stats, steals, assists. There are seasons where he averaged twenty eight a game with eight rebounds and six assists, plus a block and a steal. I wonder if a guy like durant he's pretty intellectual and pays attention this, would he be bothered by just being called one of the greatest.
Speaker 2: Scores Fritzi get Kevin durant On. Let me ask him just one question, That's all I'm going to ask. I think you're right, it's a slight, Yes, Ton.
Speaker 10: I agree that it's a slight, and someone of his sensitivity where he responds to people on social media, anything that even remotely suggests that all he really does is score a lot of points wouldn't upset him greatly.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's going to upset him greatly, but I think he would like to be described as one of the great players of all time, not just a great score. So he's the eighth player in NBA history to reach thirty thousand points and did so quicker than everybody but Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain in the history of the game. But to do it in the same number of games with Kareem, who, to me is the most unstoppable player in modern history. Because even Wilt at the end of his career, when Wilt was a defender and a rebounder with the Lakers, that he thought he was going to be able to take care of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. And I remember the first time they met, and all of a sudden, you saw that skyhook and Will thought he could go up and block it. Kareem's like, I'll just toss sneeze in a couple of them, yes, Mark.
Speaker 6: And I think the big difference is with guys like Larry Bird and Lebron James, their most famous plays are like defensive plays are passes, where Kevin Durant's most famous plays are big time shots, and that's really all he was known for because he was so great. To me that I've ever seen the most unstoppable offensive force, only because on every single level he could do everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different than Kareem. You had to get the ball to Kareem. Kevin Durant could bring it up, he could hit a jumper, he could go inside, he could post. You could do all of those things. Michael could do that as well. Lebron could do that as well. Kobe could do that as well. Novitzky to a certain degree, but not like Kevin Durant Karl Malone. It just felt like Malone is always going to be attached to Stockton and that he needed Stockton to you know, fast break. It's stocked in to Malone. But you know, thirty thousand career points, Yeah, paint.
Speaker 5: Kevin Durant led the league in scoring at five different times in his career, but he only led the league in shot attempts twice. He was not a gunner. And for example, Kobe Bryant, he led a league in shots six different times in his career.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it felt like if you're looking at economy, like an economical scorer who scored thirty thousand points. I mean, it never felt like Durant was volume, like Jordan was volume for a while. Wilt certainly was volume. Kareem, I don't know the number of shots per game for him. Lebron did everything. Karl Malone felt like volume Kobe was certainly volume Dirk. I guess volume, yeah, Mark.
Speaker 6: And the crazy thing about Kevin Durant is he has the same amount of scoring titles as Alan Iverson, Like it's just one of those things like wait, so, probably the most impressive physical specimen as far as height and handle and all that is on the same It's on par with Alan Iverson, who's the same height as I An.
Speaker 2: Okay, but do we do a disservice to Steph Curry because we don't talk about being a great player all around player. He's the greatest shooter in NBA history and he's one of the greatest scores in NBA history, but you don't talk about really anything else. But that's the best shooter of all Now that's not a knock. If you say you're gonna call me the best shooter of all time, I'll take that. But Durant. Is Durant a better all around player than Steph Curry? And I would say yes he is because he not a liability at the other end, probably an equal passer. It's just Steph is the greatest shooter of all time. I mean, I'd take that. That's pretty good. But one of the great scorers of all time for a guy like Kevin Durant, Now he might look at that as a little bit of a knock there.
Speaker 5: Yep on to me, I think Steph Curry's in his own category where he doesn't fit into other side. He's like, maybe, like Dan Marino, he changed the entire league, and he invented the deep shooting league, and Dan Marino invented pass first run later, maybe I think that's a close comm Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is anybody else close to thirty thousand? What's the next closest to thirty thirty grand? I mean Durant's been doing. Remember when he was at Texas and I remember the draft profiles like, oh, he's not gonna survive. He's seven feet, weighs one't eighty. Now he might weigh two hundred Now, maybe he's put on two hundred pounds, yes, Mark.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people were saying he couldn't venture hundred eighty five pounds. I was like, you know, what does a weig eighty five pounds a basketball?
Speaker 4: How much that basketball away?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can hoist that up thirty times a night, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: Active players, James Harden is at just under twenty seven thousand points, Russell Westbrook at twenty six thousand, Steph Curry at twenty five thousand, Shockingly, Demarta Rosen's at twenty five thousand, and you can't name a single basket nice twelve footer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the guy that pulls up at the free throw line on a fast break. You know, old school, you know your coach would say, hey, make the defender come to you. You know, hit that pull up jumper if you need to. Guys now they don't hit a pull up jumper. And Demarta Rosen doesn't take threes either. James Harden's gonna end up with thirty thousand points in his career. The Russell Westbrook because he's not a shooter. He is truly a I mean, he's a lot of different things, and he's kind of had a career resurgence here with Denver Yes Todd and.
Speaker 10: Then it jumps all the way down to Dame at twenty two to two eight four.
Speaker 8: So he's got a ways to go together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is Steph gonna be around to get thirty grand hardened? It feels like we'll be a couple of phone calls in here. Chris in California. Good morning, Chris, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Good morning? I was calling because I had some outsider news about what may have happened with Denzel's late loss. Apparently sources far from me or saying that he may have bitten happens hung off in some type of mishaps.
Speaker 2: Yes, I read that that he did, and he's getting ready to do a play on Broadway where I think it's Othello or something like that. But he did bite his tongue somehow. I don't know what he was doing, but yeah, thank you for that information. I don't know if that's the reason why he lost like sixty pounds, because when we saw when we last saw him in the Equalizer, he was he was large. Yeah, it was yes time.
Speaker 8: That's why it's safe with a hold your tongue, bite your lip.
Speaker 2: Okay, David and Spritzy is here all day long. David in Cincinnati. Hi, David, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going wrong?
Speaker 11: Guys? I was just giving you guys a call because you all opened up the show talking about, you know, some of the greatest football teams and all that. Now now you're talking about some of the greatest scores and your experience or you know, in your quest of college knowledge, who is the greatest college basketball team ever assembled? My few opinions are would be like the nineties UNLV running Rebels team with Larry Johnson, would be the Fab Five with you know, Michigan. But in my opinion, it's either the ninety eight or the ninety six Kentucky Wildcats. They had nine players on that team go to the NBA that year, and I don't think any other college team has ever produced that many stars.
Speaker 2: Ever, they had the most talent. You could say that about Kentucky usually they had the most talent, but they won one national title with john there. Now, you know, it'd be tough to say, you know, UNLV, if they had won back to back titles, then I think you could look at them they were great. But you know, close game against Duke and they melted down. And you know, be hard pressed to not have Duke in there as one of the great teams of all time. And if we're talking about a single season, the Fam five didn't win a title, so they're not in there. Talent, yes, storyline, yes, impact, Yes, you know you can go back UCLA didn't you know it really wasn't It was the sum of its parts. They didn't have great individual players when Luel Sindor was there. The guys that they had, most of them didn't play in the NBA. Lucius Allen was a guard who played in the NBA. Mike Warren I think a little bit, but it was really Luel Sindor. So if you're looking at individual Filama Jama had as much talent as anybody, and they didn't win the national title. Even with Patrick Ewing and Georgetown. It wasn't great talent. That was once again, you had Ewing and maybe you had one other guy who was a score and they played great defense.
Speaker 5: Gampoint eighty two North Carolina, Sam Perkins, James Worthy, Michael Jordan. That is some all time talent.
Speaker 2: But they needed a last second jumper to win the national title as great as they were, and that was a lot of talent, and back then Worthy was considered the better player than Michael Jordan. Perhaps you have heard of him. All right, well take a break. We're off flying with a lot of different topics today. Play of the Day is up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Wapp Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Of the tler left, my god, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 8: Shut this out.
Speaker 1: Eight point eight seconds to go in overtime, tied eighty four to eighty four. Polse it has a possession.
Speaker 4: Here goes fat Hill, races toward the cup.
Speaker 1: Oh he slaves in the two heads get back.
Speaker 9: Two point eight seconds left.
Speaker 4: Here goes Henry Blood second at.
Speaker 1: The horn at three pointery business at short fat.
Speaker 9: Hill sends butts you into a fretze madness Max. It butts you on a Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: Oh maction heurtesy a lear Field Sports. Yes, it is fat Hill, fat t fat not eh at fourth time this season that fat Hill has led ball State in scoring, rebounding, and assist second time in the last three games. That's your play of the day, Fat Hill.
Speaker 4: I don't think he was born that way.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing, but uh, maybe our research department can get on that. Tire rack dot Com brings you the play of the day the official tire expert of the DP.
Speaker 4: Go to tire rack dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Dan tried the Tire Decision Guide full lineup of Goodyear Tires Special offers free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation.
Speaker 4: Tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be Yes.
Speaker 5: Paul Jamiri Hill Fat is his nickname?
Speaker 4: Okay? Do they say how he got his name? And why is it to teas on fat. We're working on that alrighty Uh David in Phoenix? Hi David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 3: I live in Phoenix now, but I grew up in Pittsburgh. And it's a little known fact that Bill Kauer is rumored to have the first chin implant and another great chin is Cale Sanderson, the Penn State wrestling coach. May want to take a look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, do you walk in and say I'll take the cower? You bring in a picture?
Speaker 4: Uh? What do you want your job?
Speaker 2: Have you ever brought a picture to a barber and say I want a haircut? Like huh? Because women will do that, you know, They'll say, oh, I'd like to have oh Jennifer Aniston's haircut?
Speaker 4: Can you do that? Have you brought a picture in let's seatotic not you? Uh, Paulie? Maybe a Jason statho you take it all off? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin have you ever gone in and said I'm gonna look like that.
Speaker 6: I asked my mom if I can get the Sean Kemp.
Speaker 4: She was like absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Well, your mom's tough, and maybe she was doing you a favor, that's what she said.
Speaker 6: Yes, she wasn't even like doing it to be mean. She was like, Marvin, in thirty years, you'll thank me, and I thank her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because those pictures come back to haunt you. It's like draft night when I always say, pick a really good suit that will withstand the test of time, and they don't always listen to me.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mark, maybe I had I did have the Gumby, you know, the Gumby, like the kind of high top favorite play like Bobby Brown, Bobby Brown, Bobby don't be cruel Era.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, do you have a picture?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that you need to bring in the picture, don't you think.
Speaker 8: Do I think?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think you should think about doing that, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: When I was in high school, a couple of my high school friends went to the barber and they got the Brian Bosworth, the shave sides Oklahoma linebacker. But they weren't jacked like Bosworth. They were like normal guys. It did not work. It was very popular for about a year.
Speaker 2: Uh, Chris and Tennessee. Hi Chris, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 13: Good morning there. How are you guys good? I just wanted to chime in for a second on all this go talk about everybody, but I'm going to focus on football for a minute. There's been a lot of talk about Brady and my Homes, and it's my Holmes would have won the Super Bowl and performed better, he'd be the greatest of all time. I think we cannot compare Marino, Montana and Mahomes Brady, any of these guys with one another unless they have the exact same scenario. Meaning put Mahomes of Brady back into the day when far or Marino we're playing, and see how well they play in the same circumstances. Or put those guys you know, with Kansas City or Philadelphia and see how well they do. You just can't compare one person to the other because the schemes.
Speaker 2: The coordinator, Oh no, we got that, we understand it. It's hard to compare generations. Thank you, Chris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it, but we still do it. It's fun to do it.
Speaker 2: People are going to do it no matter what mahomes playing with Kansas City, he gets to play with those guys or that coach Brady with those players and that coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how it works.
Speaker 2: The team, the luck of the draw, who you're with, How bad is the team when you get there? Who's the coach? Continuity? What's the game like? What are the rules like? You know, we get it, but we still want to do that. The most mediocre team in the National Football League. We were talking about the Saints because Kellen Moore is going there and congratulations getting his first head coaching John, But who is the most mediocre team? So what's the definition of mediocre? Because this has to do with are you relevant, any star power? What was your record?
Speaker 5: You have to be non threatening and non interesting? Okayimous.
Speaker 4: So the most non threatening, non interesting team.
Speaker 5: Here's an example. The Las Vegas Raiders are not threatening right now and they have a top ten pick, but they added Pete Carroll which boosts their interest rating, and Tom Brady Tommy Brady, and then if they get Shora Sanders, they become interesting, maybe not threatening.
Speaker 10: Yes to Jonathan Gannon's eight and nine Cardinals in the NFC West, O.
Speaker 8: There's just nothing much there to get excited about.
Speaker 7: All right, Seaton, well, they have a winning record, but I don't really find, excuse me, the Seattle Seahawks all that interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean, I root for Gino Smith.
Speaker 7: I want him to do well, but other than that, they're kind of like a pretty nondescripts like, yeah, they might win some games, they might not.
Speaker 4: Okay, No problem.
Speaker 2: Is Seattle the Saints of the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 4: Are the Saints the Seahawks of the Bayou?
Speaker 10: Yes time, But Seattle least worth ten and seven, I know, and they've got a five and twelve I know.
Speaker 4: But they're not threatening. They're not really relevant.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: They Seahawks do have a couple of players. I keep waiting for you DK Metcalf to be great, but I don't know. The Bengals are really relevant. They're threatening and they got interesting players. Tennessee we've said they're not threatening, not relevant, but they do have the first pick in the draft. Cleveland Browns. Are they They're non threatening? Are they interesting though? I would say they are, yes, Tom, just because.
Speaker 10: They got a new coach and they're in New York. The Jets, why should they be exciting? Just because they're in New York.
Speaker 2: Hour two on the way coming up, we'll talk to Cooper, to Jean, the Eagles, threatening and relevant, and Nick Wright will join us in an hour from now back after this