Speaker 1: Amy Robot and TJ Holmes present aubrery o Day covering the Diddy Trial.
Speaker 2: It is based on transcripts, sources.
Speaker 3: And reporting from the courtroom.
Speaker 2: As is obvious, Aubrey Oday is not present in the courtroom during the proceedings. Amy and TJ Presents.
Speaker 3: Aubrey Oday covering the Didty Trial. Hello everyone, and welcome, Welcome to this latest episode of Amy and TJ Present Aubrey Oday. We are sitting in a studio in New York, just way up the street here in Manhattan. From as we sit here, as we speak, Aubrey, the testimony continues in the Diddy trial. Sure, you have been here with us for the past several days. But you came here many people thought you were going to be testifying, and that made a lot of headlines and apparently robes from what we've been reading as well, a lot of people were looking forward to her testimony and then we're disappointed when she didn't testify. And then an Avalanche Chevre comments came.
Speaker 1: Well, funny enough you use the word disappointed. I think that's a very kind to use. People, I guess felt so personally invested in the case and personally invested perhaps even in Arbury herself, that they got downright angry and mean and in times cruel nasty, Yes, nasty. We've all been a part of this, but it always still kind of blows my mind the lengths people will go to and the words they will use in anonymity to then bash someone who they think they know, who they think they understand why they did or didn't testify, And it's just it's appalling because.
Speaker 2: It actually has real life.
Speaker 1: Impact, because you can't not feel something when people aren't just disappointed in you, but actually.
Speaker 2: Call you names.
Speaker 4: Listen, beyond even that, I had been telling people when I was fired what it is. I was more under contractual situations that were scary back then, so I couldn't just go straight for the target. But I've been getting more and more voisterous. I've been consistent for twenty years and telling people this is a problematic area, this is a problematic person to be working for. And finally, twenty years later, instead of getting blacklisted and having all kinds of things behind the scenes fail. I mean, I had labels that would call me in ask me to dance and sing on the spot in front of.
Speaker 5: Room fuls of people.
Speaker 4: One guy who's a very big person in this industry, had me dance for about fifteen minutes to like four different songs. I didn't even understand how that would be considered an audition to get a record deal. But I was basically being humiliated. Then he goes outside to take a call and comes back in and is like, yeah, I just got the call. Puff doesn't want anyone touching you like I was not. Nobody knows that. I mean, I was being humiliated and at home crying left and right, like I've lost all of my music career. And they were on television calling me a whore and promiscuous and all the I mean, for all the words that he used.
Speaker 5: When he fired me. I didn't know then.
Speaker 4: What I know now is that they needed to take my fan base and shift it over to dirty Money, and I was the favorite, and so they had to destruct the way that they know how to destruct, and he utilized his tools, which we'll all learn who the tools were throughout this trial. But for me, twenty years later, I now have finally had everybody reporting Aubrey told us so. I mean, it was literally a headline on like Rolling Stone, like a credible outlet and they say, you know, Aubrey told you so, and I did, and I felt so empowered to get that voice back now. Like I told you guys when we first started this, I had to shed the layers that needed to hear that part so it didn't hit me the way I wish it could have hit the parts that are now gone. But to now open my eyes and have getting the type of hate, and it's not even just hater, it's I'm not really ever. I'd never really cared about women. I never really cared or to protect DV survivors. I wanted to just talk all this shit to be famous instead of actually fight for justice that I'm not. I did have decided not to take the stand as if I have any fucking choice that I'm I mean just I'm getting you fucking nasty piece of shit over and over again in so many ways. And then I go and look at these headlines, the people reporting this I have. I'm literally on my Twitter saying this is defamation. My lawyer told me I could sue the person that first posted this. The outlet, they have quotes from Aubrey, quotes from that she gave a source close to her who is close to me, because the last time I checked, my dog doesn't know English.
Speaker 2: We laugh, I mean, we feel your pain because.
Speaker 4: Probably knows English, but you probably knows several languages. My dog is fantastic.
Speaker 1: We have been screaming this, that this happens all the time, and you don't realize it until it happens to you.
Speaker 4: That will happen to you, and it unfairly happened to me. You and I discussed this the first day. You would be like absolutely on your shit at work and then a headline would come through that you've got a full blown fucking.
Speaker 5: Bar in your room.
Speaker 4: Unfair, cruel, and it guts you right at your talent, right at what.
Speaker 5: You've worked so hard to be.
Speaker 4: It's not even gutting you your physical or something. As women, we learn to get our physical gutted out the gate. It's gutting you at your core, at your talent, at the thing you prided yourself on. It's disgusting work, and the other thing you pride yourself on, your love. Like maybe there's more to this story, Maybe the partners weren't good for these people, Like it's so cruel the way people run things. And I've watched a chain with my manager, even going back and forth.
Speaker 5: He was busy. When all this came out.
Speaker 4: There are millions of people saying, why didn't you respond when I asked if this was accurate? And they're yelling, and he's like, I'm sorry, ma'am. I have seven billion clients. I was on set all day and you chose to ran a story without hearing back from me. That's your fucking problem. I'm literally looking at chains back and forth. My lawyer tells me to sue, but guess what. I look at these publications and they're pretty big. I'm in fact, I'm on a show on one of them that's about to come out. I'm going to what sue them? And then what is my edit going to look like? I already know it's not going to be good considering that I said they were defaming me on fucking Twitter.
Speaker 3: Well, we wanted to give here a moment, an opportunity because yes, I know Twitter or social media can be a disgusting, okay place, but people have some of them have some questions that are legit, and we want to give.
Speaker 4: You an opportunity please, because there are so many Internet lawyers who's legit tell me their degree.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. But legit being people have a legitimate they don't put it in a legit way. But they want to know why didn't she testify, And they want to put it on you as if you chose not to. So the something here says I won't lie. I was disappointed when I found out you, Aubrey, weren't testifying. Any reason as to why they chose not to have you testify, but choose don.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is why I'm not taking the stand. There are specific charges that the federal government have utilized in this indictment. Unless I was a part of this organization of crime, unless I was participating in freak offs, if I were on a video, if I were watching people get beat and going back into the world and telling everybody this is a great place, these are great people, and even begging them to come back like my bandmate did. Like my bandmate did, then maybe I would be on the stand. But I didn't partake in any of that. What happened to me. If something happened to me, like I said, I don't know. I don't have any answers yet, and I don't like the process in which I have been receiving information. Frankly, I've had to live in a very fucked up state. So all of you that did say something to me, you can go right ahead and fuck off if I find you in the streets.
Speaker 5: I don't fight.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to fight, but I'll definitely throw some words in your face. But with that being said, it's so disrespectful to come at me in the way that you guys are.
Speaker 5: These are criminal charges. I am not a criminal.
Speaker 4: I wasn't around during any drugs uh watching people get beat?
Speaker 5: Did I see things? Yes?
Speaker 4: I did, and I told Homeland Security everything that I saw, every person that I saw, every bit of harassment that I experienced, and I gave all the attachments as well.
Speaker 3: To that point, I just want to follow over everything I could. I want to follow with this next person who was along those same lines.
Speaker 4: Is this serious talking about I feel like I'm in I feel.
Speaker 3: Like directly to you talked so much up until the trial. Preached NDA but does not testify to promote a podcast said they're disappointed. So again, if somebody might have that question, they put it in a particular way. But somebody, wait, wait a minute, she don't want to testify because she has a business venture.
Speaker 5: Learned it from a headline.
Speaker 3: But address that the idea that somebody thinks that you didn't testify so that you can promote some business venture.
Speaker 4: I didn't testify because I haven't been subpoenaed. It's pretty simple, and that.
Speaker 3: Should be said everybody. She did. Now, she was not beating down the door of iHeart begging somebody please give her a microphone. That should absolutely be said and be made clear.
Speaker 5: I didn't even want to I was. I didn't. Wasn't You guys had to be here in order for me to come.
Speaker 4: I did not want to even be here, Like I don't this is I'm too much in the middle of too much crazy shit, and I have no answers. But I also see that there's a lot of misinformation, and just in the press release of this alone, it has turned into a chaotic, negative event. And imagine after twenty years, people finally believe me and within one day of an announcement of something good that is credible and telling you the truth, finally, so that you don't have to absorb lies in headlines from journalistic sources that are not even going to the source to confirm their stories, not even reaching out. You now have a space that we all in this room have worked very hard to create for you, and yet you now have turned on me and you're calling me a piece of shit again. You all are pick me children, pick mees. Y'all are pick me We only.
Speaker 1: Know what that means because of TJ's our twelve year old daughter, who told us what a pick me is.
Speaker 2: You know, you talked about some of the headlines that are false.
Speaker 4: If they want me to have been in the freak Offs, it's like they want me, they want me to have have been been involved in all of this.
Speaker 2: It's like it's oh, they don't believe that you weren't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but the thing is is you all have seen me talk back to the man on camera. It was so palpable that everybody saw me as their favorite. I had that same energy on and off camera. I'm not an actor. I literally did one Lifetime movie and I was horrible. I don't I mean when I had to die, it was so fucking stressful. I think they had to do like seven hundred takes because I don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Act this movie we want to watch.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry time I love you and all, but the act I can't remember the lines.
Speaker 5: I would just spar on the moment.
Speaker 4: I would just give what I felt when the you know, like I think I could delivered this for the scene, and then we'd have to stop and they would make me go back to my room and read the lines, and I just could never really capture the lines in my brain.
Speaker 5: No, I was murdered.
Speaker 2: I was chosen.
Speaker 4: Do you know what it's like to actually channeled my time with Diddy for that song?
Speaker 1: We must see this movie. You got to at the end of this. We have to come up with the name. But you were talking about the false headlines. Here's a doozy. Here is a doozy?
Speaker 5: Is it written by someone named doozy?
Speaker 2: Well, that would be better. This is actually by.
Speaker 1: A so called journalist article by Aubrey O'Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you know what that headline had me fucked up. I mean that one came like the attacks from that headline came like in the middle of the night, after we had had a full day of work. I got home to all these I saw the article and my eyes were like my stomach went into my fuck onto the floor. Everybody was attacking me, and so I then people that are in support of me and are watching and listening to what I'm saying understood and they were like, this is the woman that wrote it about you, and they sent me her name on Twitter. So I went to chat GPT. I look this woman up. I learned everything about her. It said very senior reporter, it said, very credible, established.
Speaker 5: All these things.
Speaker 4: And I asked chat GPT, do you know any information on that is a piece of gossip that would completely run her credibility and make her stomach sink to the floor if she were to see it and it were to go out into the world.
Speaker 5: Can you please tell me what it is? Thank you.
Speaker 4: Chat GPT responded, I can not participate in that type of behavior or something. Oh, I have it screencapped. I was gonna post it online, but then I thought to myself, how could retaliate. Well, I'm about to be on a show on their network. They could maybe get a fat photo of me, or they can continue to use fat photos when they talk about me as the main picture. They could do all kinds of things to hurt me and to discredit me and to shit all over me. And I felt sick to my stomach, like I can't come after them, They'll just make my life worse because unfortunately people do believe just the headline and they don't read the story.
Speaker 1: One of the first things someone told me when I got into this business, and it came back to bite us me in the ass later on in these past few years. But someone said this to me, and I thought it was so gross, and yet it's so true, babe.
Speaker 2: Perception is reality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that is literally Ditty's mantra. It's the corporate mantra.
Speaker 1: It's it's appalling because that means anyone else can say what they want, and if they say it first, and if they say it loudest, that is what people will believe.
Speaker 4: Would have no issue if I came after her, because she knows that she could just throw out a few more headlines to take me down. They are very much in control, and so by that you kind of choked my voice. And I hope you're not an advocate for women, because you just choked an advocate for women the job, bitch.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to see if there's any other miss.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Dear dear lady, little did the world know kind kind.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she's a lovely, lovely person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really lovely bangs are great.
Speaker 3: I tried to figure out how how she could have misinterpreted, how this there was a mistake. We have talked to you about this trial, I think more than probably just our Amy Sugarman, our producer is probably the only other person you've talked about this drib more than us. There is nothing you said that I could pluck out. How could anybody think that Aubry Day.
Speaker 1: The poor thing I could think of is that she said, and you were being fair, that there were good sides to him, But that doesn't mean I support him. You're just saying he's a full person who has good sides. And the title was way too pointed.
Speaker 4: But I did see articles that pulled things from this podcast and suggested support.
Speaker 5: Of him, and and.
Speaker 4: That's what I've I've discussed with you. The rope for women is so little. We don't get much rope. You either are this or you're that. If you want to dissect something like a whole ass human being who could potentially lose his entire life after this trial, I'm not going to quick trigger on that. I know that he was a bad guy, and I also saw good days too. I need to understand everything in the context of what evidence the government has secured, and how they are proving this case, and how him and his attorneys are proving this case. I need to understand the facts before I make a call on an entire man's life. The whole internet has already made a call on it. They're slipping around in baby all and laughing, and that is not anything he is on trial for.
Speaker 1: You know what's so interesting too, And we experienced this as well because you mentioned who these people are who go on to Twitter or even yes, write articles in the name of journalism. Who would do such a thing when they know it's false, when they know they haven't corroborated it, when they know they don't have a second source, and when they know they're flat out making sit up for clickbait. Who are these people? It's funny. This one who went on to Twitter is her name, so she's a mom. How many times have I told you, Well, if I go and look at some of the profiles and the people who have said the nastiest things about us, really they're like Grandma loves God, and I'm like, what your grandma who loves God like so.
Speaker 2: Many names that I won't even repeat.
Speaker 5: But here's grandmother.
Speaker 1: Right, like loving grandmother, oh grandma as Jesus and her.
Speaker 6: Family, and she just vis I hope your children get cancer, And I actually will say that to me's I was told I hope your children get raped.
Speaker 2: I have been told, like it is horrific what people will go on and say. So here's what we should.
Speaker 5: Start naming these people public.
Speaker 2: Well here's what said to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, so she's a mom and she's stylish.
Speaker 5: So here's what she had to say about you don't give her things as she is a amy.
Speaker 1: This is what she This is her self proclaimed handle on ex Okay, this is what she had to say. This mother full of shit talk a big talk, but do nothing when it means something. Exclamation point, disgusting exclamation point. I hope if you're asked to do the right thing. I know it's a hard situation. My daughter went through something similar. So because she had a daughter who went through something, somehow she thinks you're the person to start being and tearing down and calling you a liar and calling you disgusting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Feel so sad that so many people depend on a headline for their world news. I feel so sad that so many people who don't have law degrees and follow three accounts that are legal accounts on Twitter somehow believe that they are lawyers. I find it so sad that people don't understand their own identity so much that they have to take on the ones that are being handed.
Speaker 5: Out to them.
Speaker 4: It's a sad state that we are in as a culture. And it's an even sadder state for somebody who is on trial and will lose their entire life. It's even sadder for people that are taking the stand that are victims. The way that we just tribute news, the way that we write headlines, I mean the fact that there is a term that exists named clickbait. It becomes a defining factor of our reputations. All three of us in this room have experienced that you lose your job over that. If they understood the weight of what that was, or ever had to receive one of those headlines, they would vomit. Yet they are so excited to internalize it and allow it to become their identity when they haven't. Grace needs to be given in regards to these headlines. The term clickbait isn't in the definition of fucking whatever to not be understood by the masses. When I was very young, a lawyer said to me, you're going to have a hard time with defamation. That's why I was so into the Johnny Depp trial, because those were two celebrities and defamation was being claimed on both sides. And unfortunately, the sources that are honest don't have a full reach over most of society. They have a select audience.
Speaker 3: As we wrap up here, as of course, anybody wants to go read some negative comments. You got plenty of opportunities and plenty of options, but I want to ask not to address anybody directly here. Avery. From the moment we met you, you kind of came in hot here to New York because as soon as you got here, folks knew you were coming, or saw that you were coming. Jump to conclusion and just the heat started. So we've been here with you the last three four plus days, and I just I want to ask you a personally, because you come off obviously you have no problem speaking your mind. You have no problem calling somebody that writes negatively about you a bitch, and complain about her bangs. You have no problemp.
Speaker 5: Actually you haven't seen in the bank a lot choice.
Speaker 3: So to my point, anyone listening this is a strong woman who doesn't have any problem speaking up. I just have to ask, though, as a human being. It's coming at you from a lot of places, and just what has and you've been kind of hold up in a hotel room here for several days? What happens? But tell me, really, just what have this last several days? Just not responding to anybody directly? What is that like in the quiet moments when all of this is going on, it's coming back up, but then all of this heat is coming at you. I'm just asking how you're doing, Harburn.
Speaker 4: I don't have the luxury right now of tending to myself.
Speaker 5: I'm in advocate mode.
Speaker 4: And the only way that I can get out of this world, let's say, over the weekend, was to go do the AIDS Walk, to advocate for a whole other group of people and learn about the laws and learn about what's stunting disclosure and things that are very important in that world, and advocate over there for a little bit where I'm not personally connected. And so I can fulfill my purpose, but get away from this hell hole dumpster.
Speaker 5: Fire that we're in.
Speaker 4: Do you fear it weird as in the people that lived and breathed in this diddy world?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like once this trial is over you'll have some sort of closure either way, however it ends up, whatever ends up being the verdict, will that impact your closure, if it's guilty or not guilty.
Speaker 4: Sadly no, because this is a systematic issue. It's still very much alive and well in a whole lot of places. Because we discussed what journalists do today on this podcast is not going to change a thing. The next time you two step out and do anything and anyone wants to target you, they will successfully. The next time someone wants to target me, they will successfully. They'll probably do it even more since we've challenged them a little bit. That's what I've learned in my career. All I do is challenge these people, and all I do is get blacklisted some more. I don't ever see the system responding with accountability. It's so important to just be accountable. Nobody is wrong or right, nobody is to blame, nobody has to feel pressure to point fingers. Sometimes a problem is just a problem on many sides, many angles. When I walk into situations where I don't see accountability, I fear them. It's just such an important piece for the people that wrote nasty things. I even told one of them that I went back and forth with on DMS when I had some time. I said, you know, I don't need your Go listen to the podcast and go make all your friends listen to it and correct your karma. So that's how I feel hold yourself accountable. Saying sorry to me does nothing for me. You already came and shoed on me before you even asked. The only thing that you could do to make up for bringing nasty, ugly energy my way is to put some positive energy my way, and positive energy right now needs to be going toward this platform, because this platform is a real space where the truth can exist without headlines taking over that aren't true.
Speaker 1: Well said, and I think that is the perfect way to end this episode, and we look forward to so many more as we continue to cover the Ditty Trial with the perspective of one of the only people who can truly give it. Aubrey Oday, Thank you and thank you for listening.