Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Bye from San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervv.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 4: Let's get it Mike semper Vv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio, sportspyline dot com, over the air affiliates like KMAV ninety nine, KMSR in the Mightier ten ninety. Maybe you're listening on podcasts or replay on SiriusXM, or maybe you're video streaming on Twitch or YouTube. However you're joining me today, I'd just like to say thank you. Hopefully wherever you are sunny outside, and if not, hopefully it's sunny inside your mind. It is overcast on my portion of Del Marvo, but there is a lot of sunshine when it comes to professional wrestling coming up this weekend, and as always that starts tonight. Much like the Wu Tang Clan, Brian Alvarez is for the children, and he's with his kids right now, trying to relax a little bit before he has his busy weekend fire up, as he's going to Collision on Saturday night and then once again on Sunday heading to the Climate Pledge Arena to watch ae W Russell Dream. I keep wanting to call it Russell Quest, and I can't do that. That's a completely different event. Wressell Dream, the tribute to Antonio and Noochi, and will definitely be getting into that. I'm not sure when Brian is going to be back for subscribers, if he's going to do two shows after NXT and then after Russell Dream on Sunday, But just keep your eyes peeled over to Wrestling Observer dot com and we'll let you know when he's going to be back. If nothing else, he will be back with me on Monday and then we can wrap up what is going to be a incredibly busy weekend. SmackDown is tonight, as it always is Friday Nights Live on Fox. LA Night is reportedly ready to return. Will he be the man to assist John Cena in his battle against the Bloodline. Surely we will see commercials I would assume for Saturday Nights NXT no Mercy event, and I'll give you my predictions for that show. With it being Friday, it's also CMLL day in their weekly show. I love that show in Arena Mexico and it's actually a Night of Champions showcase with all title matches taking place. Triple A is running this weekend with their heroes in Mortalite's show and start them the five Star Grand Prix, which seems to have gone on for months because it has is finally coming to an end. We'll get into as much as we can, and we'll start when we get back from Break Wrestling Observer Live. Welcome back to the show. Mike semper VV here with you. You know, we do this show right here for an hour at a time every single day, but if you want us twenty four to seven, you can try to find us on Twitter. I am at semper vb Brian Alvarez is at Brian Alvarez and this show right here hosted by Sports Byline USA. You should check them out to at sports Byline USA. Got to get in some plugs here too. While boss Man's away.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could also, Mike, you could also check me out at Filthy Tom Lawler on the X as well.
Speaker 4: We could, we could. You're here. I didn't expect you to show up. I didn't expect you to pop in the door here.
Speaker 2: You presented me with an olive branch and invitation. Did you join? I asked for you to send me a video link, which I never received in.
Speaker 4: Charge of the video links here.
Speaker 2: Well, no, but I mean it does add a certain flavor to my day when I get to look at your beautiful face.
Speaker 4: Well, and everybody wants to see your beautiful face as well too, So I am sure Producer John is on that right now, and we'll be sending you out a link or maybe a link to me that I can forward to you so we can see Filthy Tom Lawler here on this show and filthy you know, I don't know if you are aware of Headlock Comics or not, but I have to get this plug out of the way before I move on, because Michael Kingston is going to be joining the show on Monday to talk about Tales from the Road Volume three, which is up on Kickstarter right now. You can donate to that and get that book off. In the background here you can kind of see up on the wall one of the Game Changer Wrestling World on GCW deals that Headline Comics did, and they have done a lot of great work he's been on in the past. So go to Headline Comic on Twitter at headlock Comic for more information there and to check that out. But now that that's out of the way, what are you doing here right now? Should you not be in Seattle knocking down doors and maybe knocking over Adam Cole in a wheelchair?
Speaker 2: I should be. I should have already defeated Adam Cole, and quite frankly, Mike, now that you bring it up, yes, sir, I would like to take a little bit of credit for Adam Cole being in that wheelchair, because if you remember back to three or four months ago when I showed up on rampage and attacked the old porcelain pansy Adam Cole, I attacked his leg and look what happened. He did a routine jump off a stage and came up limp, came up. His leg is now flaccid, all because of me sustained damage months ago. Finally caught up to him.
Speaker 4: You know, I am surprised that MJF. And I know now that he's got one friend, he's kind of screwed up right now. But I mean he's the one that jumped on the horn and called you to help lead that attack on Adam Cole and to do some damage before those two faced off. But I mean, where's the call to help defeat the Righteous on Sunday? Has MJF lost your number? Do you have heat with MJF.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the situation is. I believe it's all part of a bigger plan on mjf's part. I don't know that I fit into that larger plan. However, there may not be any happenings with me, but there are gonna be ton this weekend, even if I'm not in Seattle at the wrestle dream.
Speaker 4: Is that where you'd like to start, sir, because there are plenty of places we could I mean, we could talk about only Night coming back. I mean that's pretty big with the COVID and all that. Maybe he's there to save John Cena to Night from the bloodline.
Speaker 2: That has been rumored. It sounds like they would be moving in that direction using AJ styles as sort of a placeholder last week, and you could always go back towards that direction if something with La Knight doesn't work out. Although you know, I'm no doctor, but I would imagine that he won't be getting COVID again this season, so you would think that he'd be free and clear for the upcoming fast Lane pay per view or fast Lane Premium live event.
Speaker 4: Yes, as there are premium live events, especially if they're coming from Saudi Arabia, which is another thing that you know again when it comes to this stuff coming up. Dave wrote about it in The Observer this week, which is up for subscribers on Wrestling Observer dot com, but he writes, quote Night, who was very hot right now when it comes to all facets of business and reactions, appears to be groomed for a Roman Reigns title shot in the not too distant future. Rains has no obvious contender at this point and will be defending on the November fourth show in Saudi Arabia. So obviously La Knight's COVID was terrible and terrible timing with him not being able to be there on last week's edition of SmackDown, but obviously they had more time to try to get him back in the mix. He's now cleared, he's here, but at a time where Roman Reigns really did not have any other contender out there, him getting hot at really right now we're in the last couple of months. I mean, this could not have been a better collision of worlds for him, because does it get any better than that, the shot against Roman Reigns and being next to John Cena.
Speaker 2: Not really to go from doing car commercials, being an extra, sitting in the crowd at times, and then being in the Impact Zone during the dying days of the Impact Zone to now being positioned in the spot that he's in on SmackDown must be a dream come true. And I think that perhaps you know to not to use a cliche too much, but perhaps there was a shining light or you know, perhaps the COVID the situation doesn't end up being a bad thing in retrospect because they've been trying to get over. La Knight is kind of the working guy, the working man's wrestler. He's put in all this time throughout the years. And another guy who's like that is Aj Styles, right, who's without La Knight having covid aj styles wouldn't have been put in the position to be beat up and ravaged and destroyed last week, and now you'll essentially have La Knight coming to you know, even up the score on his behalf in a way, whether it's displayed like that or not. So I think that that's gonna pay off. Saudi Arabia, the probable future owners of Bellator in some way are certainly getting all these big events, aren't they. La Night and Roman Reigns. I mean, he's one of the hottest acts of twenty twenty three, if not the hottest act of twenty three, twenty twenty three, taking on the hottest act that they've had over the past five years. I don't even know, you know, I guess you could make a case for sammy' z ain in the lead up to him losing to Roman Reigns last year was just on another level. But La Knight's gotta be as close as anybody's gonna be for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 4: You think the lever let us know what the initials LA stand for. I think it's like Lucius R. Buckle Knight. You think they'll actually have something there for La Night there?
Speaker 2: I have no clue. I don't even have.
Speaker 4: Well, look, you know, we're getting about a minute and a half away here from going to break, but we can kind of fit in with what else is going on with WWE right now, with the exception of NXD No Mercy. We'll get into that a little more detail coming up later on. But the rest of SmackDown Ray Mysterio defending the United States title against Santos Escobar. I'm trying to hope for the best in this, Tom, but you know, Bobby Lashley's gonna be on the Grayson Waller effect. I'm sure he's gonna be talking about the street profits. I mean to me, I would actually like to see them run in and beat up both Mysterio and Escobar. Not because I don't want a crappy finish or anything like that, but just because I want Mysterio and Escobar to stay together.
Speaker 2: You, Mike, are certainly not a street profit. However, you just may be a street profit because based on what they did last week with Bobby Lashley telling Dawkins and Ford to go sit in catering or to pick it up, give them back the suits, get out of his face. They need to make a statement, and what better statement to make than beating up both of the men that seemingly have or are going for the title that Bobby Lashley.
Speaker 4: Has his eyes set on, and also Charlotte Blair. The only other thing they have announced that Charlotte is going to be facing Hofkins Bailey their first singles match since May of twenty twenty. They have not feuded since the end of twenty and nineteen, so if they get those two together, it's been a while since we've seen them actually in action, even though they're so joined at the hip by being, you know, two of the four horse women at least in WWE terms of being horsewomen. Filthy Tom and I will be back back on the show Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Sepfervivi and Felthy Tom Lawler here with you, getting you ready for a busy weekend in the world of professional wrestling. Half naked men and women getting busy on a canvas met It's going to happen, and it begins tonight Friday Night. We talked a little bit about SmackDown already, Rampage has already been taped. We won't give you any spoilers for that show. In fact, we won't even preview that show, to be honest with you, you can find out all the information you need to know about that over at Wrestling Observer dot com. Before we get anything else, though, Tom, I gotta ask you, do you believe kfabe is dead?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: You know what, You're right about that, And as long as there is a Merriam Webster Dictionary, kfabe will never be dead. It is one of the words, one of the six hundred and ninety words that has been added to the Official Mayor Webster Dictionary. How does that make you feel as a proprietor and an architect of k fabe.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to all the favors out there. They are Uriah Hogan. One of the biggest ones are Brian Alvarez.
Speaker 4: Yes, if we're talking about non Uriah favors, Brian Alvarez definitely at the top of that list, and obviously he's going to be at the shows coming up here in Seattle. The first big event, though not talking about Collision, The first big event of the weekend takes place on Saturday, and that is NXT No Mercy from the Mechanics Bank Arena in Bakersfield, California. Technically the first premium live event under the TKO banner. And regardless of what you think about the show week after week and and some of the wacky things that take place on NXT, they really have given us, I think a hell of a show, at least on paper, this has the opportunity. Again. It's not gonna I don't think beat Russell dream, but there are some sneaky great matches on this show. Have you thought at all about this card and what you think of it.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking right now about Ilia dragon Off hitting one of those patented Dan Henderson's style h bombs onto the dome of Carmelo, and I'm thinking, I'm thinking, I'm hoping. I'm praying as a big fan. I'm a fan of Mellow too, but I'm hoping that Ilia doesn't miss with that big punch.
Speaker 4: I don't think he will. I think it's his time. I think this is the perfect time for Ilia dragging Off to win that title. And it's not just because of Trick Williams and him possibly winning the North American title and continuing on something with Carmelo. It's more about Ilia Dragonoff. Carmelo's already had that belt, He's already had all the belts you can have in NXD. I don't know if he's had the tag belts or not, but you know what I'm saying here with Dragonoff, I think this is the perfect opportunity to go ahead and pass that torch because who knows how long Carmelo Hayes is going to be down there, you know. I could see it being only until around the Royal Rumble, you know, and we could see Carmelo Hayes come up. I don't know, and he's still got a lot of business down there with his friendship with Trick and whatever's going to happen there. But I think for no other reason, Dragonoff, if you could say you've earned a title in professional wrestling, which is always penciled in by somebody else, I mean, Dragonoff really has kind of deserved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been around for years and years and years. I believe he actually was done at one point, right. I believe you had like a short retirement or something might have gone back, do some researchers. I don't sound like a total idiot.
Speaker 4: I think you're right though, because I think didn't he have a break after the matches that he had with Walter or was it right before that or right after that?
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about well before then, well before East and back in like wXw or wherever he would have been. Yeah, I think now's the time. I think you pull the trigger with him. He's put on great performances in every single match I have seen him in, whether it's with Walter, whether it's with Trick Williams, whether it's with a non functioning blubber of mass. I'm positive that you're dragging off. Could have a good match with them. So I think you put the belt on him here. And you mentioned Carmelo Hayes. Sure, he's got plenty of unfinished business that you go back to with Trick Williams. I would love to see this be one of the rare times where there's not a big breakup, they don't get into a big fight. Carmelo moves up to the main roster. Remember a few months ago he showed up and he was talking to Bobby Lashly. Maybe the Street profits bring him in as the catalyst to putting them over the edge, and then Trick Williams can kind of assume the role that Carmelo has had on NXT and you and you push that back to the future.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see it, and I it's in this The North American title match is really interesting because obviously Dragon Lee is going to be the special referee. Dominic Mysterio has been a fantastic heat magnet as part of Judgment Day. He's been wonderful in that role. He's been wonderful in the role of playing off Rhea Ripley you you know him with the title makes sense. I mean, it's again, it's just extra heat that this guy, even though he won a really good match in the fans mind, from a KFA point of view, this guy doesn't deserve that title. He's not worthy of that title. He keeps getting saved for that title. But with Trick Williams, I mean, you don't have to pull a trigger now or anything like that, but he has looked fantastic And if you are gonna have Dragon Off, if Dragonoff is going to defeat Carmelo Hayes, do you go ahead and pull this trigger now or do you continue to use Dominick and use the Judgment Day as a wedge issue for Trick Williams that affects him and Carmelo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you keep this belt on, dominic He's been doing a great job, and the proof is in the ratings. I mean how often. I mean, sure there's a ple coming up. But I've noticed more talk recently about NXT that I remember hearing in the past year or so on a consistent basis. Whether it's been the work of Ilia Dragonoff, whether it's been the storyline and it's very simple storyline between Trick and Carmelo, whether it's been the use of Becky Lynch, Baron Corbin getting cheered, you know, vociferously a few months back. There has been more noteworthy stuff going on on NXT, as evidenced by the fact that we're sitting here on a Friday afternoon when there's an aw pay per view coming up. There's SmackDown tonight. There's probably a litany of other things I'm forgetting that are happening this weekend. You know, we're spending a lot of time here talking about an NXC show.
Speaker 4: Well, it's probably gonna be a pretty good show. Again, Dominican Trick isn't going to be any sort of you know, technical masterpiece, but it doesn't have to be, you know, it just has to be good Carmelo Hazing and Ilio is gonna be great. Becky Lynch and Tiffany Stratton. I have high hopes for here, and it's an extreme rules match for the women's title. I would say Tiffany Stratton wins that title back. I could be crazy here, but I'm going with Tiffany Stratton. What do you think.
Speaker 2: When they originally booked this feud? I would have thought she'd win it back here. But did they announce a defense against Tiagan Knox or something on Raw? Isn't that what's happening? Well?
Speaker 4: Tiagan Knox defeated Natalia, right, is that where she's facing Natalia? Or did she defeat inn Italian? She defeated Natalia? Correct, Yeah, she did with the shiniest weather Wizard.
Speaker 2: So no, if you checked your messages, maybe you know I said I didn't watch anything yet. Well it's me to come on the show. I said I didn't watch anything this week. I'm in.
Speaker 4: Well, it doesn't matter. Look, Tigan Knox got the You have to tell me what happened. So did Teagan Knox got the victory over Natalia? So she's gotten NXT title shot. She's got that. She doesn't necessarily have it against Becky Lynch. I mean, it could be Tiffany Stratton if you wanted to give her a little showcase on Raw next week. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 2: It's a pick them in mind.
Speaker 4: Wanting to pick them there. I'm going with no amdor over Butch, that's for sure. And I don't want to say that this is gonna be the best match of the show because the time limit is what limits it, unfortunately, whereas Carmelo and Elia won't have that. And obviously Becky and Tiffany have the extreme rules gimmick that they should. They can go around, but for the time it takes place, this ought to be awesome between these two.
Speaker 2: And I don't look at the stipulation, and I guess really you're not looking at the stipulation as a downside, but rather the time limit. But I look at that as a benefit, you know, Mike, I watch awesome, great professional wrestling on TV. I watch awesome, great professional wrestling live when I'm at independent shows on the weekend. I know what awesome one on one matches look like. These heritage rules that's a little different, you know, And I'm all four different.
Speaker 4: Have you ever wrestled round style.
Speaker 2: I have done one British rounds rules match against Travis Huckabee at a Paradigm Pro show, but I don't believe that that's even the same rules that these have, right.
Speaker 4: No, these are again, these are modified, but I guess really in that vein of those. But I'll go no MDR to me. Holding onto that title is the only thing that really makes sense there, unless the brawling brutes are going to be hanging out in NXT, which not the worst thing in the world. If if anybody other than Shamus were to hang out back in NXT for a while.
Speaker 2: Mike, my younger years were spent doing rounds matches three five minute rounds every day, five minute rounds, ad nauseum for eighteen years of my life or something.
Speaker 4: Well, did you ever have a see you know what? You never worked for Jeff Osborne and Hook and Shoots. There's no way you could have had a fatal four way tag team MMA match. Not that they're gonna have one at the NXT show, but boy, that would have been amazing. It would have been amazing.
Speaker 2: They didn't fight for Zest either.
Speaker 4: That's a deep pull right there. We're gonna pull it together here during the break and be back with more predictions on what's taking place this weekend on Wrestling Observer Live. Back on the show, Mike sippervib Filthy, Tom Lawler here with you Wrestling Observer Live, the whole format with out the window here been prattling about. Got a bunch of stuff to still get into, not at the least of which is the rest of this No Mercy Card Again tag team title where we left off fatal four way. Look with all these teams in the match. I hated the skits that took place on this week's NXT. Their corny, their goof and everything, but it was just they were It was too long, it was too much, and I'd rather just see the Creed Brothers against Tony D'Angelo and Stacks. But I'm going with Stacks and Tony di'angelo here to retain the titles because why take them off of them right now? Both he didn't care about this, He doesn't care about this. He's looking things up right now, he's.
Speaker 2: Watching something, but well there's really not much.
Speaker 4: Hey, Look, Kalanie Jordan against Blair Davin pointers Port is going to be taking place too. They did add that to the pre show. But Barry Corbin and bron Breaker is really the only other match on the show, and the hope is, of course Slaberknocker. We want to see violence, we want to see as much ridiculous stuff to happen. We've seen them bash through walls, We've seen them, you know, slam each other on top of cars and beat each other to pieces. Here I am assuming I'll go out on a lemon. Say, Baron Corbyn gets the victory here over bron Breaker, but that's only because we see some revenge come from the young Beverly boy there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is his name? Von Kaiser Von von Wagner. Von Kaiser is the guy from Mike Tyson's Punch Out fu.
Speaker 4: Oh man, you got you got a choice on that one. You're going with Big Baron? Are you going with non?
Speaker 2: I think you called it. I think it's I think it's time for von Kaiser to enact his revenge.
Speaker 4: It's time for us to move to Collision as well to and to Wrestle Dream, which is coming up Saturday. Look, there's not much to be said about Collision because they have not added a whole lot. It's Andrade Ledlo against Juice Robinson right now, which of course plays into last week with with Jay Andrade, and the only other match that's scheduled right now is best Friends against the Kingdom, So one would assume the Kingdom should get the victory there considering they're in one of the main events storylines as we go into Wrestle Dream and go into next week with aw and as I mentioned, Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, same place they're going to be hosting Collision on Saturday. They'll be there on Sunday for the pay per view. Is Brian Danielson and Zach Saber Junior. The main event of this show, is it MJF and the Righteous? Because there may be something more storyline wise that comes out of it. What do you do in this case? Because to me, with it being a tribute to Anochie and with all a lot of the attention, even though I'm sure there are some mainstream fans that are not hardcore wrestling fans that are rolling their eyes at why everybody else is so excited about Brian Danielson and Zach Saber. To me, that is the the perfect way to end that show, at least on paper.
Speaker 2: I think that that will be the main event. Since this show was announced. It was the first match announced, and it is a match that as people have been looking forward to, quite frankly for years now. These two have faced off competed against each other in the past, but that was a different time, and Zach Saber Junior has quite frankly gotten himself to the point where he is one of, if not the best wrestlers in the world, right up alongside Brian Danielson or Yeah, I always forget, I always screw it up. They did that to us, That to us, Brian Danielson, Yeah, and I think that is the best way to end this show. When you look at the card, I don't think you put MJF and the Righteous as the main event, regardless of what storyline you have coming out of that. A lot of people were really down. I saw online about the Righteous winning, and if you watch the Righteous win the four way tag match wherever it was a couple of weeks ago, I mean, they get over when they wrestle in front of the crowd, but it seems as if they're kind of a placeholder here for what I would think would be MJF winning and then eventually losing these belts to the Kingdom. But you know, I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: I would usually I'm splitting on who I want to take in this match, because you know, Brian Danielson probably has a match coming up against Okada in January. I would be very surprised He's certainly going to have a match coming up against someone if he chooses to go to the Tokyo Dome. But man, like you mentioned, Zach Saberginior has had a hell of a year. He has been hot, he got tmd K over, he's been he's been fantastic, And I there's part of me that says, and look, I think if it was left up to Brian Danielson, he would say not Zack saber Junior is going over. But it's an interesting thing here because he is one of AEW's biggest stars. And for as much as we love Zack saber Junior, Zack saber Junior is not a big AEW star, And unlike a Osprey or unlike an Ossie Open who has already come over that doesn't seem to be in the tea, leaves that he's going to be an aw guy quote unquote anytime soon. So what do you do?
Speaker 2: In this situation, I I think Zach Saber Junior wins. The reason I think that is because he has a match also coming up with will Osprey a few weeks afterwards at Royal Quest two three leaf something like that, three uh, and he has been positioned as one of the strongest competit in New Japan and really in Ring of Honor and ae W when he's competed there this year. So I think, you know, I think the wind helps him a lot more than it does Daniel Brian. I agree with it, Daniel, Brian Danielson, I agree.
Speaker 4: With you, and I again, the only thing that would would lean me against that is because again Brian Danielsen, this is an AW show, not a New Japan show, and Brian Danielsen is there again, is one of the biggest stars there. Hangman out in Paige and Swee.
Speaker 2: But you know, also Anok, Mike Anoki was always known for putting over people, right, so maybe this is the Maybe this is Daniel Brian, he I couldn't even keep a straight face.
Speaker 4: Yeah say no, noted noted put her over is there? Hangman out of Paige. I have a feeling he is going to be putting over Swerved Strickland and his hometown of Seattle, that is for sure. I think Swerve has been hot. I'd like to see him get the victory here. I'd like to see Ricky Starks get the victory over Wheeler. You toa too, But when it comes to Page and Swerve right now, what do you do to me? I think it's a no brainer that Swarve gets the win. And I almost feel a little bit bad for the hangman here because he almost always has the crowd on his side. But I don't know if it would Swerve around in his hometown. I wonder how that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: I think Swerve, I'm hoping he gets a statement a definitive win here over hangman Page. I think I would do wonders for him. He's been on the verge multiple times. He had a great performance against ton of Hashi. I remember over the summer right and that was like arguably one of ton of Hashi's worst days, right, like right off the airplane, look like he could barely get up there. I didn't ye because he slipped on the top rope. Yeah, and Swerve before then looked like a superstar. He's put on God. I used to see him at MLW shows five six years ago something like that. And the amount of size he's put on and like quality mass too, is noticeable and makes him an even bigger star when you see him in person. So I'm very high. I buy the stock that swerves selling, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 4: You know, there's all this and again this is and we won't talk about it, but there's all this hullaballoo. Allow would you bring in Matt Riddle? You know that's always the name at the top of the list, and people talking about Dolve Zigler other people. But it's like, you know, Andrade l Edeloh, Yes, Rush is having an issue I would assume right now with visas. I don't know what it is, but like Rush, Buddy, Matthews, Swerve, Strickland, Ricky Starks, like, you need to worry about those guys before you bring anybody else send to muddy the waters, because you have these horses that are already under contract with you. But you have them. You know, you haven't saddled him up yet. You haven't been able to really get a hold of him and broken him and figure out what you want to do with these guys yet. And I hope these guys continue to get the opportunity in page and Swarve Strickland is just to me, that's a great That's something that is definitely only ae W's. They're the ones who put that out. They're the ones who have created this feud, and I have a feeling it won't be done yet. So I hope Swarve does get the victory here. And I hope Ricky Starks gets the victory over Wheeler. You to too. I don't see any other reason for him not to get that victory, considering he's coming off this stuff with Brian Danielson. But Kenny Omega, Chris Jericho, Kodo Abushi against the don Kallus family Takeshna, Sammy Gavara and will Ospray. Man. I want to go heavy heels here, but man, I don't know don Kallus family. Hard to go against them here, At least for me, it's hard to go against the mirror.
Speaker 2: You've got to think there will be some sort of miscommunication on the part of Omega Jericho, Aboushi Jericho where even if it doesn't lead to them fighting necessarily in fighting, you know, it could lead to plenty of opportunities for the Heels to take advantage, and I think that the Callus Family winning, you know, really solidifies them as another top heel act. And with like the BCC moving back seemingly to the face side, I think that, I mean, what's happening with the Bullet Club Gold here, you know what I mean? Like you would think if it's MJF and we're trying to be led by somebody to believe that it's MJF or maybe Adam Cole attacking Jay White, but that seemingly positions Bullet Club Gold kind of his baby faces too, which I wouldn't necessarily say is a bad thing, because with how wacky and over the top they've been recently, I think they're gonna have a hard time being really you know, rallied against as hardcore heels by this fan base.
Speaker 4: They're like be acclaimed. They they are so entertaining and so good in their roles, and let's be honest, Juice Robinson and Jay White are great, you know, compared to the Guns who have a lot less experience, but they are just complete walking cartoon characters. You know, you do have the ability to kind of waver them back and forth, you know to face heels like the House of Black or to Face you know a team of baby faces as well too. But I would love to see that exchange between the Bullet Club and the don Kallis family if they decide to go in that direction. I mean, that is there's a lot of good. There's a lot to like about that. MJF and the Righteous. Do you think it's a case where MJF. To me again, the Righteous are in a funny spot here, because if you're gonna do anything with them, you still need to make them look strong, even if they're gonna slip on a banana peal or somebody's going to interfere and give MJF the victory here.
Speaker 2: Does Roderck Strong show up and get involved. That's that's the obvious thing, right, like a either cost he's got to cost Righteous the match to try to save the titles for his friend Adam or something along those lines. I would think. But yeah, I've got it. I think MJF retains. I think that the team with him and Cole is too hot still, even with Cole's injury to split up. There's so many great things you could do if Cole's around on television or able to do some backstage segments with him and MJF buddying up. I think that this is actually a perfect opportunity to extend their relationship a little bit longer.
Speaker 4: All right, FTR against Aussie Open. I'm taking FTR even though it's another big loss for Aussie Open. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I agree?
Speaker 4: Chris Statland or Julie Hart? Chris Statlander? What do you got?
Speaker 2: I agree?
Speaker 4: Kristin Cage, Darby Allen. Who you got?
Speaker 2: Christian Retains.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying too. We'll get into Eddie Kingston and Katsiori Shabata when we get back wrestlum Serverlive.
Speaker 3: I'm again, that's why you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: Back on the show, Mike Sipper, bv Filthy, Tom Lawler here with you. We've wrapped up a Friday. It just flew by. Where did he go? Where did he go? Tom?
Speaker 2: Hopefully not into the ether. I'm hoping somebody press record on the machine onlike on Monday when Brian and I were doing our show.
Speaker 4: That's a this is all on producer. Wait, he had a problem on your show as well too. He forgot to record a whole segment with Dom this week. I swear to God.
Speaker 2: About thirty minutes twenty or thirty minutes in on Monday, he goes, i'd ever hit record? Is this a dude? What is going on here?
Speaker 4: Man is absolutely cooked? And you know who else would be cook the trip if he had any guts to get into the ring with you. And I'm not here to because I don't want to Timberland in my iran. But Eddie Kingston Katsuyori Shabata for only Eddie's ROH World and NJPW Strong titles. You once held that title. Have you ever faced Eddie king Have you? When is the last time you faced Eddie Kingston? If ever, is he scared of you?
Speaker 2: I am the first and longest reigning New Japan Strong open weight champion of all time. I have faced Eddie Kingston twice. I am two and zero against him. I would have gone face to face with him more times in the past. He called me out to do a jiu jitsu class with him, and I showed up and he was nowhere to be seen. So I've got a bone to pick with this gentleman. But we'll see if he makes it past Katsirora Shabata because the last time there was an Anoch tribute show was Anoki bombay A twenty twenty two where the headlining match, the headlining fight was Katsira Shabata against me Filthy Tom Lawler, and unfortunately, Katsira Shabata walked away the victor in exactly twelve minutes thirty seconds each kne san.
Speaker 4: He outside a handful of trunks. He did he won't admit that.
Speaker 2: I submitted.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody out there, thank you for joining me. I really want to thank Filthy Tom Lalla for jumping on and enjoining me. I hope Lance should get better soon. Carl, thank god you're alive and we shall talk to you all again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network