Speaker 1: Why Eagles Fly has been replaced by Ride Eagles Ride. The Philadelphia Eagles had their Super Bowl victory parade today. It involved babies. There were a lot of beers being thrown. There were some curses at the stands with Cherrelle Parker, the mayor of brun I don't know. Come in and find out. We'll get to a lot of that. Meanwhile, we will dig in on free agency, hit the free agency focus with our good friend Bridget Condon. I know it seems early. The super Bowl just happened yesterday. It's not that early. Free agency is coming. We want to make sure you are ready. And then is there a new number one for our good friend Adam Rank He of course breaks down his quarterback rankings the post super Bowl. Addition, Patrickhomes struggle a little bit. Is he still number one? Way to find out? Welcome inside with the insiders or should I say insider?
Speaker 2: It's only wanted me today.
Speaker 1: Everyone else has gone on vacation, which.
Speaker 2: I will be there very soon, but not yet.
Speaker 1: Also joined by my good friend Steve Weisch kind enough to hang out with us today.
Speaker 2: Steve, you'll look great. Welcome inside with us. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Let me just kind of hang around and be a fringe benefit right now. Ian And by the way, the way you describe that Eagles parade, that's exactly how they get down in.
Speaker 2: The il adelf I was it was something.
Speaker 1: It was something, So uh, let's get to it, because I think it's pretty clear this was the biggest thing happening today. The crowds were insane gentlemen. Andrew Howie Roseman got hit in the head with a beer and wore it, creating a legendary moment the kind you could really only dream of in cad Fake Sae Kwon Barkley went into the crowd and grabbed a baby. Post your picture. There was a ball boy being hoisted onto shoulders. Anyway, hear some of the highlights for some incredibly memorable speeches from the Eagles.
Speaker 2: I bleed for.
Speaker 1: This city, Go Eagles.
Speaker 4: I told myself that when I got drafted then I wouldn't come to the Rocky Steps until I won a championship. And now we're here, our football team.
Speaker 2: Man, we couldn't do it without you, guys. We just want to tell you, man, we love you, and we support y'all. We thank y'all so much. Man, I got about that. I said I was a dealer. I said, all I care about the stats. You're gonna get all those things wrong about me, but one thing you can get right.
Speaker 5: I'm not wrong for speechies, but I know how to sing, so I'm gonna need some help. I want to sing the songs that everyone here shouldn't. Kind of sounds like this, we are check yes, my friend there, we got.
Speaker 6: To come off. We keep on foot here, we are check yes, we.
Speaker 2: Ch no.
Speaker 7: Kill us, we.
Speaker 2: Yes, come off Philly.
Speaker 6: Go bads.
Speaker 1: You know that was a cool shot, But Jordan, my lone of actually being able to sing makes that hit a little different. It was more like, you know, Freddie Mercury had live aid vibes as opposed to like just some guy out there with a microphone.
Speaker 2: Uh, Steve never heard him on the Christmas album. He was the guy on the Christmas album. I love how it's the Eagles offers of lineman who take over these raids. By the way, Ian dude, the Eagles, did you watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: The egos offensive lineman takeover everything, literally everything, and look, those guys are going to be back, right. I mean, I would say basically the entire Philadelphia Eagles offensive line is going to be back. But they start to get to a point now where we wonder, right, because you know, the egos have been I would say, except for last year, pretty consistently good. Over the last several years, they've built a monster. They're tough and they're physical, and they are now getting to the point, Steve, where some of the guys whose contracts are up and some of the guys whose contracts are not yet up, we're gonna want to get paid. Like Milan Williams, big time free agent would be one. Zach Bond came to Philly and kind of approve it deal and proved it in your mind, where do the Eagles stand as a team that can replicate this next year and kind of give this some staying power.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, the main thing you said, Ian is the offensive line is staying healthy. The majority of their team stayed healthy, especially down the stretch, and we often say the Super Bowl victors tend to be the healthiest team. So if they keep that offensive line intact, Remember this was Cam Jurgen's first year as a full time starter at center. He's only going to get better, right, sa Kwon Barkley has got that Convoy to block for him. We know they've got young receivers and AJ Brown, Devonte Smith. They've got younger talent offensively and defensively. Zach Bond resign him. He's somebody that Vic Fangio found to be a star. The big question is he's not a high volume sack guy. He's not necessarily a pass rusher. But he fits into what they do defensively, so we'll see what his contract numbers would look like in terms of how he fits that scheme or others elsewhere. Again, he's not a pass rusher, so I don't know how many other teams are going to say, well, he's a great player, but he's not someone who affects the quarterback. I disagree, because he's very good in every other asset. Some of the other players we'll see, maybe they got a little age and the secondary will slay be back. But remember Nikobe Dean, the linebacker who got her. He's coming back. They've got some young players they've drafted so well, what's made not make you think they're going to draft well again? As long as they don't get the big head right. The disease of me and they seem to be humble enough. With guys like Saquon and Jalen Hurts, they've got a damn good shot it being right back where they are right now, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just listening to I mean, if if I'm an Egos fan, I beck, well, obviously you should resign everyone.
Speaker 2: The toughest part to all of this. And there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of reasons that Howie Roseman besides just being resilient to take a beer can to the head, a lot of reasons he's really good. One of them is to know when to be like, all right, we're not re signing that guy, but we are signing this Guy's Like this is one of the toughest things is you might have there's not endless money. You might have to let some guys go. And they also, by the way, you're going to need to replace Kellen Moore, the new coach of the Saints. Where do they go at offensive coordinator and ken whoever they hire continue what Nick Sirianni has built on offense.
Speaker 2: A lot of big questions for.
Speaker 1: The Eagles, but they get to do so knowing that they got that ring, so I think they'll probably be fine. What the Eagles did has led people on other teams, stars on other teams to say, you know what, why can't we do that? It was interesting listening to Micah Parsons discuss the talent being there. As he said, this is a quote, we just got to be aggressive the same way some other teams did. I don't want to sit back and watch these other teams building us stay the same. Definitely a call to action, which Steve I took note of that because Micah Parsons he's not a free agent, but he is up for a new deal. I talked about with colleague Tom posts Erro on Super Bowl Sunday game day morning that internally, Cowboys have had some discussions about whether to keep Micah, whether or not to. He wants them to be aggressive, He wants them to spend Last year they spent zero zero. What do the Cowboys, in your mind, need to do to kind of get where the Eagles and the other consistently really good teams get.
Speaker 2: They've bought them.
Speaker 3: They've boxed themselves in a little bit against the cap by playing this better late than never to sign guys to extensions where they're paying players at the top end of the market as of right now. I believe there are roughly three million above the cap. Now there's all kinds of ways to maneuver to make space. But they've got to figure out a lot of things. One is Zach Martin, their start offensive lineman, even coming back, he's a free agent, got a bad ankle injury. How do you replenish that.
Speaker 2: They've got to figure out something to do with the run game.
Speaker 3: And then defensively, it's not just Micah Parsons they've got to bring back.
Speaker 2: There's several holes to fill.
Speaker 3: So they've drafted well, yes, but they've got to figure out other ways to maneuver with not as much cap space as a team like Washington in its division, which of course jumps right up to the top to make a playoff team behind Philadelphia and the NFC East. So it's going to be intriguing just because of their cap constraints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I really do wonder like where they find the money from, right, I mean, Zach Martin may retire.
Speaker 2: I think you know, that help a little bit.
Speaker 1: But they have so much high priced talent because they drafted so well, it's a problem. And how do they manage and how much do they push forward? The Cowboys have recently not really been willing to do that. We did get a little bit of coaching news today. I mentioned Kellen Moore as the new Saints coach. The fallout from that, Darren Rizzy, the Saints' interim coach, was officially named the special teams coach, also assistant head coach for the Denver Broncos. I think once it was clear was not getting the Saints' job, that's obviously where he was going. That is a big pick up for Sean Payton. The Jacksonville Jaguars have been in the market for a general managersince firing Trent Palky.
Speaker 2: Have done a slew of interviews.
Speaker 1: John Eric Sullivan, executive from the Packers, was one in Cunningham with the kind of senior yearbook style picture. Was another from the Bears. Chad Alexander second GM interview. Another rising talent, he's from the Chargers. John Robinson, former Titans general manager. He got a look as well, some big time talent that I know the Jacksonville Jaguars are looking at general manager wise. I bring all this up to note that over the last couple of days there was kind of a rumor slash report going around about the teams were calling the Jaguars about Trevor Lawrence. Now it's not true, as Tom Pelserro mentioned, I don't believe the Jaguars are trading Trevor Lawrence at all. But did make me think Steve about this quarterback trade market. If Trevor Lawrence is staying in Jacksonville, certainly that's one of the reasons Liam Cohen took that job. You have uncertainty elsewhere. You have Matthew Stafford, who I believe wants to go back to the Rams. The Rams want him back, they have not yet agreed on a contract, which means other teams might be interested in him.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: You have Derek Carr, the Saints starter, who Kellen Moore was not exactly definitive with yesterday as far as like, yeah, we definitely wanted back, we want it back.
Speaker 2: He may be gone.
Speaker 1: How does this quarterback market shape up? And in your mind, like, who's who's kind of the big ticket guy here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let's not forget Kirk Coussins too.
Speaker 3: He could be on the move too from Atlanta since he's been relegated to the bench.
Speaker 2: But Matthew Stafford is a big ticket guy. I mean, let's not forget.
Speaker 3: No team played better against the Eagles all postseason than the Rams. The Rams had them, except they had some turnovers late in the game. So Matthew Stafford, the Rams have got to figure out what they want to do contractually with him, Like you said, Without Matthew Stafford, where do they go next?
Speaker 2: There's no Plan B.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of where a lot of these teams sit, which is why Matthew Stafford could potentially have a market. It depends on what his financial demands are. If they're too high for the Rams, they will let him go, or they will make a move and trade him away to where we'll see.
Speaker 2: But I think they should figure out something right there.
Speaker 3: In terms of Derek carr Ian, you know he's got that no trade clause, So we'll see. We'll see exactly what happens with New Orleans because Kellen Moore said a lot of positive things about him, like.
Speaker 2: You said, though also noncommittal.
Speaker 1: Right, we love him, He's done great things.
Speaker 2: As far as you definitively keeping them. We'll see.
Speaker 1: Both sides gonna have a say in this one. More on that coming in the next couple of weeks. The Dolphins did some salary cap cuts today where he mostered Fantasy Star the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Officially released.
Speaker 1: Kendall Fuller, veteran cornerback, also officially reached You're going to see each team do their version of this over the next couple of weeks as they try to get under the cap, just like the Pittsburgh Steelers did. Remember Preston Smith, big time trade acquisition for them, former sack master from the Green Bay Packers, traded from.
Speaker 2: At the deadline.
Speaker 1: Thought would come in and have a big impact, was what it was.
Speaker 2: He now has been released. We're coming for Yeah, you know who we're coming for.
Speaker 8: Jenna Hurst, bossmun Now zero zero, that's that's you.
Speaker 2: That's you, that's you. All of us, man, I know it's all of us. But you don't understand the difference you made. You know you right down. But you like that last piece.
Speaker 5: Man, it's over now.
Speaker 7: I'm told no, not weekend not.
Speaker 1: We do that every time Super Bowl MVP, super.
Speaker 4: Bowl twnis right.
Speaker 2: Hold on, that just happened, man.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, mass probably don't get way do it?
Speaker 7: Go join you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I miss that. I've seen that a couple of times. I missed that until just now where they say the PR staff says Jalen super Bowl MVP, and he goes Super Bowl Champ clarifies.
Speaker 2: Kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Steve Weiss joining me once again, Adam Rank welcome inside with the insiders. So you have your past Super Bowl QB rankings. Now, this is available in NFL dot com, but don't read it yet because I want you to unbuil all of it for us.
Speaker 2: Start with number five. Yeah, this was a really interesting conversation because a lot of people are asking based on what Jalen Hurts was able to do, and I want to let it ready, if your guy is number five or number four, I'm not hating on him. These are five amazing people. Okay, five great quarterbacks. You should be happy to have them. Unfortunately, somebody's got to be number five, and it's weird to say that. It's Lamar Jackson, but that's who I went with. I know he's a multi time MVP, he's a much better passer then people give him credit for it. I truly do believe he is one of the best in the game. But for this exercise, when you got it, I know a lot of people will hesitate and be like well, wins are not a quarterback stat. They sort of are, and unless you're Eli Manning going for the Hall of Fame, But for most people, quarterback stats are wins and it's one of those things. I have Lamar at number five, even though he's coming off a truly incredible season. Well, well, Adam, I like how you we preface. This is your postseason rankings, and this is a regular season. He'd probably be at the top of the food chain, in the top two, but his team did not get there. So no argument here.
Speaker 1: Anyone who says wins or not a QB stat just doesn't really know what you're talking about, right, good stuff on number five.
Speaker 2: Give me a number four. Oh, this is another tough one. Josh Allen, who was the regular season MVP, who went out there and again we didn't think he could do much better, but he's done. During the course of his career Head they got rid of Stefon Diggs and he was still able to go out there and be the regular season MVP. And I love him. I think he's great. He's tremendous. However, when you get in these playoff situations, at some point you're going to have to knock off the Kansas City Chiefs. I know it's not fair, but it is going to be one of those things that's going to hang over him. And it happens to a lot of great quarterbacks. I think back to Steve Young during his time in the nineties where he had to go out and beat the Dallas Cowboys before he was truly embraced, especially by forty nine Ers fans. So I think for Josh Allen it could happen. At some point. It still needs to happen. It's not fair, but it's also the reality of football. If you want to be in that conversation, you got.
Speaker 1: To beat the big dog, and they have come agonizing and close, but not yet.
Speaker 2: Give me number three. I know, well, this is going to be unusual because this is a postseason ranking, but I've got to throw Joe Burrow in here and I'll tell you why. Now, obviously they did. The Cincinnati Bengals did not make the playoffs. However, it seemed a little bit like the Kansas City Chiefs, like Kevin Nash against hul Cogan back in the nineteen nineties, took the finger pulk of doom, so the Bengals couldn't reach the postseason. Because the one thing that I love about Joe Burrow, and you see the numbers right there, over forty touchdown passes, less than ten interceptions. The one guy in the AFC who has been able to stand up to Patrick Mahomes, look him in the eye and beat him the Cincinnati Bengals. And I think that if the Bengals had made the playoffs, that was my pick to go to the super Bowl. But unfortunately they didn't make it. But I still think that Joe Burrow third best quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Right now, Oh, you said this is postseason. They didn't make it to the postseason. My good friend, I think that's a stopper right here. Oh, wins matter, it matter. He didn't have enough of them. That's why he's not number one. Hext the discount.
Speaker 1: We're not there yet. Hold on, we're not there yet. We still got number two to go.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: By the way, I also am of the line of thinking that had burrowin, the Bengals got in would have done some serious damage.
Speaker 2: One of the big what ifs of this season. Give us number two. Well, this one is very difficult because I didn't want to go through complete recency bias. So I still have Jalen Hurts at number two, and I think that this has been a long time coming for him. I think that for a lot of people, even coming into this season, he was not getting the respect that he deserves as an NFL quarterback. I thought this way of him coming out of Oklahoma. I was shocked that he was a second round draft pick. The Eagles were able to go out there and get him in the second round, similar to the San Diego Chargers years ago being able to steal Drew Brees away. But Jalen Hurts is actually, if you want to get down to it, he's actually Outplayedatrick Mahomes in the last two Super Bowls, and you can make a definitive case for him being the number one guy. The rushing touchdowns and everything about him is magnificent. But at this moment, right now, I'm still factoring in a couple of seasons here. I know it's a postseason ranking. He's my number two guy. He's my number two guy.
Speaker 1: Well, just the fact that we're having this conversation of is Jalen Hurts one or two means that he really has solidified himself as one of the stars of this league. All right, So I'm not that that smart, right, but I've gone through the list and there's only one elite quarterback that we have not gotten to.
Speaker 2: So number one is there's got to be Matthew Stafford. No, I'm kidding, h No, it's obviously it's Patrick Mahomes. That was No. This is the thing, And like again, I don't want everybody to overreact by what happened in the Super Bowl. He yes, they did not look good, but still when you look at some of the other quarterbacks, Peyton Manning got blown out in two of his Super Bowls and nobody ever holds out against him. I think for Patrick Mahomes, he's won two out of the last three, I think we can give him a little bit of grace. I think what we do pull back on is the greatest of all time conversation. Tom Brady is still firmly the leader in that category. You might even want to throw Joe Montana back into that mix as well. But the current quarterbacks right now, even after what happened in the Super Bowl, he's been to three three consecutive Super Bowls. I think that were I think that brings in a lot of credence. Patrick Mahomes is still gonna be the number one guy, but it's getting closer with Jalen Hurts. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 3: I actually kind of like this because you are adding the wins and your little aggregate career some things in the criteria that you have here. What is interesting is in this top five only one NFC quarterback. That's what I found about this, so really intriguing stuff there Adam again, but Joe Shisty, who's my favorite guy at number three.
Speaker 2: It's so see, I had to go over multiple seats. I did include multiple seasons. I did with it a little bit, and again like Ian and I like Ian was saying, like, if you factor in the possibility of the Bengals being in the playoffs, I truly believe they would have. I truly believe they would have won the AFC.
Speaker 1: We'll never know. I would like to know, but we'll never know. Rank the idea of ranking all time great playoff quarterbacks actually google them. Maybe we'll have you on later in the offseason for that. For now, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere. You of course, are going to join us a.
Speaker 1: Little later in the show, I said earlier. Your Chivy rankings are on NFL dot com.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: They're just here on television, Nick Shook. However, our other good buddy does have his rankings on NFL dot com slash QB Index if you want a little more of that. Meanwhile, you see t Higgins spiking the ball, catching touchdowns, one of the NFL's top free agents.
Speaker 2: Over the course in the next couple weeks.
Speaker 1: Where does he end up? Where does he stack up? So much more coming up on free agency on the Insiders. Get more of the NFL with NFL Plus. Follow the journey of future NFL stars, and stay connected throughout the offseason with coverage of the NFL scouting combine, NFL Draft, and more, all in one place. Subscribe today at plus dot NFL dot com. Terms end conditions apply. I have Plus.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge fan. You definitely should get it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure all these guys have it. By the way, we are so so close to NFL free agency, another star studded free agency. We've got Sam Darnold, got Russell Wilson once again, Aaron Rodgers enter the fray after the Jets released him. We got star running back Nick Chubb. Of course, T Higgins one of the top guys. Stefan Diggs still right there, let's get into it. Bridget Condom joins the party along with my good friend Steve Weisch. So Bridget, I will start with you. We mentioned T Higgins coming into this thing. I think it's no doubt that he is one of the top free agents and most intriguing free agents. Where how does it all stack up for T Higgins and the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 9: Well, look, we've heard T Higgins, Jamar Chase, the entire Bengals core continue to say they'll do whatever it takes to get that core back. I remember being at that last game that the Bengals played against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh, and I asked Joe Burrow, what does it feel like knowing you could have just played your last game as a trio? And he said, you don't want to make your career out of watching good players leave the building. And he said he will do what it takes, and whether that means restructuring his contract, Steve or what they want to keep this together. And he alluded to the fact that it was he, T and Jamar that really changed the Cincinnati Bengals. Remember that Super Bowl run in twenty twenty one. And the interesting thing though, is how they get this done Because you have Jamar Chase's contracts, you have Trey Henderson who's going to be wanting an extension, and any other team. T Higgins is a wide receiver number one. You know, he might be number two behind Jamar Chase technically on this Bengals roster, but he almost has one thousand yards ten touchdowns this season.
Speaker 7: He is a threat on the field. So how do they make it work?
Speaker 9: But one thing that's interesting, Joe Burrow and Michael Parsons from the Cowboys said that this week they kind of looked at the Eagles and how they managed to pay all their top guys and it worked. So how can maybe players influence in front office work itself out and look.
Speaker 7: To say, hey, they did it. They want a championship.
Speaker 3: One thing with the Eagles that they've done for years, even back when Joe Bannon was GM, is they extend guys after their second or third year, so they get them early in the process. The Bengals are not there. Joe Burrow is making a top shelf contract. Yeah, he may want a restructure, but Jamar Chase, he still want to be paid one dollar more than Justin Jefferson. That's in the thirty five million average average per year range. To do that with T Higgins and put that much money into one position when their defense needs that much help, it's going to be very difficult, no matter how much they want to for Cincinnati to keep both those wide receivers, especially when I could see team like New England throwing money at T Higgins at just unmatchable.
Speaker 1: If he gets free. By the way, still good franchise. Tag T Higgins a second time our bridget. Let's stay at the wide receiver position. One of the biggest trades this year during the right around the time of the trade deadline, Amari Cooper going to the Bills left his contract untouched, so he is now a free agent.
Speaker 2: Where does it stand for him?
Speaker 9: An interesting trade, Ian, and I know you talked about it a lot. When Amari Cooper went to the Bills. It kind of felt like that was the missing piece, right and they were going to become this incredible team with Amari Cooper. He had that first game and really showed off, but since then he didn't really do much for the Bills. He wasn't a big threat in the postseason. Of course, it came out that he was dealing with a wrist injury. He had just twenty catches, less than three hundred yards two touchdowns for the Bills during his time. Of course, when you get traded mid season, you're dealing with a playbook, a new playbook. So maybe a whole offseason with this Bill's playbook, we'll see a different Amari Cooper. Remember he's just a year removed from a thousand yard season. So it's about do the Bills feel like they can get that Amari Cooper that we saw with the Browns years ago, or do they feel like maybe it's time to move on. I mean, they still have other guys and they were able to make a deep playoff run with some of those other guys, So do they feel like they need him.
Speaker 7: We'll find out here shortly.
Speaker 2: I think that part is a swing vote.
Speaker 3: They made a deep playoff run without him putting up big numbers, and.
Speaker 2: Look, it all depends.
Speaker 3: They might say, go test the market and if nobody really comes with that big offer, let's not remember, let's not forget he turns thirty one in June. So if nobody comes with that crazy money, then maybe they can bring them back at an affordable rate. But if it's an affordable rate, does he really want to be there or does he want to go to a different team, possibly a team like the Rams who could be moving on from Cooper Coupp.
Speaker 1: Speaking of older dudes who are still really awesome, Khalil Knack is wants to play. There's some doubts at the end of the season. Still wants to play. Multi year Pro bowl Er. Where does it How does it stack up for Khalil Mack?
Speaker 2: Where's he going with it?
Speaker 7: This is interesting.
Speaker 9: Khalil Mack one of my favorite players, such a great guy on and off the field. He has a long resume of accomplishments, Defensive Player of the Year, four time First Team All Pro, nine Pro Bowls. The one thing he doesn't have Ian and Steve is a Super Bowl. And I know that when guys are playing late and a player like him that is a household name, they want to add that to the resume. Remember Aaron Donald before he retired, that was the one thing that he wanted. Khalil Mack's same thing. He wants to get that Super Bowl. So it's going to be really interesting. Does he believe and do the Chargers find a way of course with Joey Bosa, I don't see a way where they keep Khalil Mack and both Joey Bosa. But do they have conversations and Khalil believes, you know, the Chargers could be there a team competing for the Super Bowl. Or is he going to say, you know, I'm talking to these other teams. They're offering me money and they're knocking on the door of a Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: But I don't imagine.
Speaker 9: He's going to a team with a rebuild. He's going to go to a team where he thinks he can win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: If he wants to win a Super Bowl, it's either the Chargers or he looks at a team like the Ravens. Right, they play a very similar scheme, something that he's thrived in. So we'll see. If it's not about the money, it's about the ring. He's going to create a lot of options for himself.
Speaker 7: And defense wins championships.
Speaker 9: We heard Jalen Hurt say it today, So he might be a name even though he's older Ian where a lot of people might throw some money at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's probably going to do fine.
Speaker 1: Maybe that finisher that we've seen in fregency, like really good veteran dudes sometimes can be one more guy. I'll get to Sam Donald, obviously, one of the biggest names in free agency, someone who we're going to be talking about here for the next month or so. I mean, look, Sam Donald is someone who I know the Vikings have interest in keeping. It's just really a matter of price, and the question is can they keep this championship level team around him and still pays Sam Darnold what he deserves. That's obviously the big question for the Vikings this year is a big question for the Vikings last year. We will see over the course of the next couple weeks where this all ends up. Meanwhile, for the Philadelphia Eagles, their free agency last year, guys, was something that took them from a team that was a little bit in distress just being honest, to a team that just celebrated the Super Bowl. Saquon Barkley massive signing, massive impact, Zach Bond, really under the radar signing, massive impact.
Speaker 2: CJ.
Speaker 1: Gardner Johnson, massive impact. Bryce Huff I would say, you know, probably not as much but still made a lot of money. So for the Philadelphia Eagles, they hoped to replicate that again to get here, which is at the parade where we saw Saquon Barkley. I believe that is a ball boy, a ball boy that he saw in the crowd that he grabbed and said, you know what, you should be joining us.
Speaker 2: Saquan is the best.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from him, Philly.
Speaker 8: I want to say thank you so much for the love and support that you guys showed to me and my family, especially being the newcomers here. I want to thank mister Loriie. I want to thank Howie, the whole Eagles organization. My teammates want to thank you guys, especially for us being world champs. One thing that I've learned from being here for a short period of time is that you guys are tough. O.
Speaker 1: Good friend Bucky Brooks joining us. So let's get into the next Bucky, right, I mean, Eagles did it this year?
Speaker 2: Who is going to have next?
Speaker 1: Take me through the teams with the biggest and widest Super Bowl windows?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think when you're looking at teams that have a wide window, I think it's important to look at not only the talent today, if here with a young talent that's in the pipeline. That's why the philography Eagles could be poised to make a long and extended run out side of contenders. When you look at what they've done and how they structure the contracts with Jalen Hurst and aj Brown and DeVante Smith. You have Saquon Barkley in the backfield, but really on defense, all those young dominant people on the front line, Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Jordan Davis.
Speaker 2: You have Nakobe Dean who's gonna come back off an injury.
Speaker 4: The two young corners Quinn Mitchell, Quinnyon Mitchell and Cooper dejan This is a team that is loaded.
Speaker 2: They're going to continue to be loaded because the philadelph Eagles do a great job of drafting Biggs early.
Speaker 4: This is a team that we should see in the Final four for the next few years. The Detroit Lions are another team that can also enjoy an extended run. The job that Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell have done assembling a blue chip roster with marquee names and marquis positions. Jered Golf, Jamia Gibbs, David Montgomery, Amana Saint Brown, Jamison William Sam Laporter, that talented offensive line, Aiden Hutchinson, and some of the other young defensive stars like Allen McNeil.
Speaker 7: This is a team that also has the talented and.
Speaker 2: When you think about it, remember they had like.
Speaker 4: Sixteen guys on ir but still finished with the best record in the NFC. It's a dominant team and a team that should continue to be dominant despite the coaching changes. And then the last team that I'll talk about, which is kind of like one of those launch shot teams to be there. But how about the Green Bay Packers and the reason why the Green Bay packs are there? This is the youngest team in the league. They've had a lot of success the last couple of years since Jordan Loved been taken over.
Speaker 2: He will continue to.
Speaker 4: Climb the ranks as an elite quarterback, but he's surrounded by really good players. Now Josh Jacobs's own record, seeing they need a number one receiver, maybe that is true, but I know on defense, Jeff Afflee has his way with seven former first round picks in that lineup, they got some other guys in the hopper waiting to happen. The Green Bay Packers are a team that believe in a home grown philosophy. That philosophy has played out really well for them and it's one of the reasons why they have an extended run as a Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, young studied quarterback probably does not hurt them.
Speaker 2: They have done an incredible job in Green Bay.
Speaker 1: NFL dot Com Slash Scouts notebook, Bucky, thank you very much for joining us as always. Meanwhile, today is Valentine's Day. Maybe you did know that it's a little known fact. Today is Valentine's Day. So let's play matchmaker just a little bit. Let's try to figure out where Shador, Sanders and cam Ward not only where they land, but where would be the best landing spot for them. Will put a prospect together with a team coming up next on The Insiders, the NFL Scouting Combine presented by Microsoft Copilot is just a.
Speaker 2: Few weeks away.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait see all the action from the forty yard line, from the forty yard dash, the field drills, and much more. February twenty seventh through March second, on NFL Network and on NFL Plus. I will be there the entire time come hang out with us. One of the best weeks of the entire football calendar. Let's go inside with Fantasy Live. Adam Rank joining us once again.
Speaker 2: So a lot of.
Speaker 1: People don't know this. Today is Valentine's Day. Okay, So what we're gonna do is we're going to play matchmakers. So here's the game. I will give you the prospect and you tell me what team he's definitely going with. Okay, so we'll start with Miami quarterback cam Ward.
Speaker 2: Camp Ward, though, should go to the Tennessee Titans. We're looking for him to get an opportunity to go to a place where he's going to start from day one and be able to build. And I think that you know, last season when you watch the Titans, I really sort of liked their offense. They ran them ball pretty well. They've got some big names at wide receiver, and it really was if the quarterback play would have been a little bit better. We were trying to make Will Levis a thing and it just wasn't going to happen. Cam Ward could go in there and be the kind of guy. I don't know if he's going to be Jade and Daniels, but similar to like c J. Stroud two years ago. I think you're going to have that kind of impact.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this guy has, but take me through Travis Hunter and where his best landing spot is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really a discussion of where he's going to be playing in the NFL. Is he gonna play both ways? He's just gonna play wide receiver. As a fantasy enthusiast, I'm gonna say wide receiver. I kind of want him to go to the New York Giants. You know. It's one of those things too where you're like, you look at what happened last season with Malik Neighbors. I feel like if you could get Travis Hunter to play wide receiver for the New York Giants, this could be a similar type situation like they have in Cincinnati with Jamar Chase and T Higgins for so long, those two guys complimenting each other, and regardless of who the quarterback is, I feel like this is the kind of guy who can excel. Whether it's Matthew Stafford on a trade, which I don't think is likely, maybe it's Sam Darnold, who knows, but I would love to see the Giants make a run and put in Travis Hunter opposite of Malik Neighbors. Now we got one more for your rank.
Speaker 1: This is one of the most fun prospects of the entire draft. Ashton Genty in a year where the running back is having a re emergence.
Speaker 2: Where's he going? You know, I'm going to say the Las Vegas Raiders Just so number one, so all the Bears fans will stop talking about drafting them, because like the Bear's need offensive lineup, they don't need a running back right now. But I was thinking about this, Ashton Genty makes a lot of sense for the Dallas Cowboys. However, when I'm thinking about Pete Carroll coaching the Las Vegas Raiders, and I think about the longevity of Pete Carroll's career, going back to his time at USC when you had Reggie Bush and Lendale White and Silas Red, or you go to Seattle and he's got Marshawn Lynch and even Kenny Walker j the third over the last couple of years. I really do believe the Raiders want to run the football. And if they go out there and they drop in Ashton Genty in this often similar situation of the New York Giants. We don't quite know who the quarterback is, but I think Genti could be good when you pay them there. I got Brock Boers from last season. This can end up being a nice little offense. If they add gent.
Speaker 1: It's no longer that crazy to take a running back in the top fifteen or top ten. They're coming back rank, They're coming back all right. Next week, the patch of the draft continues with two events designed to help HBCU athletes get their shot at the NFL. Monday, it's the HBCU Combine with coverage here on The Insiders at seven pm Eastern. Then next Saturday, it's the All State HBCU Legacy Bowl, as two teams are draft eligible players square off in front of NFL scouts live at four pm Eastern on NFL Network. Steve Weis will be there covering the two events in New Orleans. Next week, Steve break it down for us who we watching.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, first off, Ian, this is a great showcase for players from HBCUs.
Speaker 2: The majority which we do not get invited to the regular draft Combine.
Speaker 3: A player like Brandon Codrington, the part returner for the Bills, played in this game last year, but We're going to the running backs this year, and we are starting with Virginia Union's Jada Buyers Now Buyers. He led Virginia Union to the CIAA Championship. He rushed for two and twenty seven yards on the season. This is one of the most prolific rushers ever in black college football, and that's saying a lot. Remember Walter Payton played at Jackson State. This is also somebody we're going to be looking out for. Twenty eight catches last year, and I'm sure the NFL scouts in attendance all thirty two teams will be represented.
Speaker 2: We were looking at his return skills also.
Speaker 3: Because as you can see from this video, he's only five to seven about one hundred and ninety pounds. He's incredibly strong. He's a breakaway threat. Again, another player to focus on. Let's go to the Division one A, the FCS level, Jackson State, the SWACK Championship running back erv Bulligan.
Speaker 2: The SWACK Offensive Player of the year.
Speaker 3: This is a prototype big time running back, five to ten, about two hundred and ten pounds, a home run hitter, only had one fund this entire season. Also, but again, twelve hundred and thirty nine yard thirteen touchdowns, he averages more than six yards a rush ian, So a lot of explosive talent gonna be showcased all next week down New Orleans. We have reports for you on the insiders here all next week. But those are two of the featured players who are going to be looking.
Speaker 1: At cannot wait to see it and hear it and learn about it. Steve, thank you very much as I always look forward to your dispatches from New Orleans.
Speaker 2: But don't go anywhere. You got one more block next.
Speaker 1: You know why the Eagles' Super Bowl victory parade is just a gift that keeps on given. I feel like we're going to see these highlights all around Philadelphia for I don't know the entire offseason, right, I mean star stud an event, millions of people. We had Shenanigans, We had kids being brought out. We had beer being thrown at the Jet general manager right there. That is how we rose him, by the way, taking a beer off the noggin and then delivering an iconic line about how he bleeds for the city, how we crushes it. Of course, we also heard from another legendary member of the Philadelphia Eagles, Brandon Graham and what is perhaps his last time as a member of the Eagles.
Speaker 2: They we worked too hard.
Speaker 10: We ain't had no victory Mondays, so we took it all out in the end, you know what I'm saying. And we thankful for coach, because sometimes you have to have that tough love in order to get with you where you're trying to go. And I'm telling you it's about us being gritty. We gonna stay gritty, We're gonna stay working. I'm always be a part of Philly no matter what. You know what I'm saying, And I'm so thankful to have been here. And I'm just I love y'all.
Speaker 1: I love how they brought both Lombardies. They also brought children not into the parade except Saquon did.
Speaker 2: That's a three year old whose birthday.
Speaker 1: It is twenty seconds of love in Saquon's arms. I would imagine that three ye old will probably cherish those photos and that moment forever.
Speaker 2: Cooper Dejan had his moments.
Speaker 1: He also had this selfie. He's got a bend his hat a little bit. And are kids wearing their hats like that? No one told me. I never got the memo on that I still bend my brim like a regular person. Anyway, Cooper Degene with a big moment. Fans loved him, could not get enough of him, so much so that they thought read blanket ship was Cooper Dejene. So had to literally tell fans, I'm actually not him, I'm the other guy.
Speaker 2: That's that guy. I'm this guy. Anyway.
Speaker 1: It was like, it's tough for crowds. And I understand, Steve. They were all drunk, so you could say literally anything, and it's like, I don't know, man, I've been drinking bud lights for six hours waiting here, all right, So all of those highlights brings me to what I really want to bring you back in to talk about. And I watched the parade, and I watched all the different characters, right, and so what I'm wondering is like, what would your role in a parade be? Would you be like running on the street guy, would you be crazy speech guy like Jason Kelsey?
Speaker 2: What would you do in a parade? Oh, I'm the less sneed speech guy.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You know you got the gray hair. So it's a little sage wisdom.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna go up there and this I'm gonna talk a little trash. If I'm a little loubed up, I may say, you know, blank them picks, surprise everybody with a little, you know.
Speaker 2: Foul language.
Speaker 3: But again, I gotta keep in my lane because again the great hair. I can't play off of player. I've got to be an executive, so I got to play that role.
Speaker 1: So because you're older, you're taking yourself forget player, you're taking yourself right to executive.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, man, I'm well past that young stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm still young. I'm actually not young. People think I'm young, but I'm really not. What I would do, I would be chilling on the float smoking cigar guy right, like, I see the fans, but I'm not crazy. Not I get offensive lineman who's like yelling at high five and I'm soaking up. I'm smoking the cigar and I'm just enjoying winning a super Bowl. None of us are gonna win super Bowls at all. I'm just saying it's fun to pretend, right anyway, Steve Weis, thank you very much for joining us in a star studded Insider show. They're right there. That's me smoking the cigar. Anyway, join us on Monday, bye,