Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we've got a brand new Seconday podcast and start off your week. Thanks so much for being here. And the guy in today's second Date has Is it a hobby? Is it a passion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's both. It's a passion hobby.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it existed. No, me either, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it reminds me of a guy I follow on Instagram.
Speaker 2: That's all all said.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, it's very yeah, and you're going to hear it in just the second. I enjoy Today's Second Date. And we love to always go over the comments. We had so many people flood our comments that they just want longer episodes, which was so kind over the weekend because we want to know what you love about Saturday so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's it and yeah gosh, Tosh said, if laughter is the best medicine, then Brooke and Jeffrey are basically my twenty four hour pharmacy, which is great because politics give me hives. And honestly, the longer the episodes, the better my chances of surviving the day.
Speaker 2: Now as a doctor, I am a medical doctor.
Speaker 3: Don't overdose on us either you don't want to laugh too much of the.
Speaker 1: Side effects definitely, Yeah. And brain cell loss. Yeah. Laws, it is totally a word too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. We need to get to this new episode. It's starting right now.
Speaker 2: Second date, up date. I'm calling it right now. We're gonna put one.
Speaker 3: Up in the L column today, Okay, L for love. Oh.
Speaker 1: I was excited, and then I realized it wasn't a wo no L for love.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about the listener who emailed us, the date he went on, or the person they want us to call, But I just have this feeling deep down that by the end of this segment it's gonna be love one crippling loneliness zero.
Speaker 2: Jeff, let's go because our listener.
Speaker 3: Danny definitely needs some love and Danny, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: You ready for a big L today.
Speaker 5: See, I'm ready for a big w L.
Speaker 2: We need to give you some L.
Speaker 5: I like Danny, Thank you, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will say Jeff came pretty aggressive with that L Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that I'm confident about this at all. He's trying to change the ELLEN to love. It's all I messed up for you.
Speaker 5: Ja.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get back on track here, Danny. So let's start at the beginning. Tell us about the person you want us to call today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, I met this nice young lady by the name of Jessica was at Whole Foods. I usually meet most of my you know, higher class women at Whole Foods.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 6: Wait, when you said Jessica was a nice lady, you mean like looks why it is nice?
Speaker 2: Or she was actually a nice person.
Speaker 5: When you talk to it all the whole shebang?
Speaker 1: Okay, So all the quality ladies are at Whole paycheck? Huh paycheck? Do you call it that?
Speaker 2: I know everybody that's really funny. Not everybody called you spend your whole paycheck?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the one at least.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't even chop there really once a month on a box.
Speaker 3: All right, So tell us how you met, Like, how did this interaction in the Whole Foods go down?
Speaker 2: With Jessica?
Speaker 5: So I was walking through and I normally last I mentioned meet a lot of nice women. I'm not scared to talk to strangers sell and complimented on her style and her hair. It's kept as simple, that's nice.
Speaker 2: What do you say? That's some nice hair you got. How do you compliment?
Speaker 1: You got up there?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And after I complimented her, I asked her for ig because that's.
Speaker 1: The thing these days, and that feels safe, like that feels like you are in tune with people's boundaries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So what did she say?
Speaker 5: She said, no, Oh, what.
Speaker 1: Did you actually go on a day with her?
Speaker 5: Or? Well? I was surprised she actually ended up giving me her number.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't have my Instagram, but you can't have my phone number because I never actually answered, or it gives her the option to block you quicker.
Speaker 2: Or to give a fake number exactly power moves by her. But I'm assuming that wasn't the case.
Speaker 5: You know, it was old school and I like old school. So I ended up giving her a call.
Speaker 1: Oh you actually called? You didn't even text?
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I invited her to a nice, fancy, high end barb and I figured she was enjoying herself because we were talking for a couple hours.
Speaker 1: That's a great sign, like, what were you guys connecting over?
Speaker 5: We talked about everything. I remember us talking about travel and where we both wanted to go. We've never been to Iceland, so we talked about going to Iceland.
Speaker 3: So you guys are sharing things are going good. What type of vibe are you getting from her?
Speaker 5: I'm, you know, getting a good vib. I'm picking up the receptive kind of vibe from her. She did at one point start to talk about a trip to Mexico where she got bucked off of the horse she was riding, and I laughed, you laughed, man, She got.
Speaker 4: A and did she's telling a serious story about of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe she was honestly broke my back.
Speaker 1: I thought that would be a funny story too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I thought too. I must have read her wrong, you know. I apologized and I said, I thought you were joking, and we were able to get past it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's the one moment that stood out to you is like kind of being off.
Speaker 5: There was one thing that I said about a weird hobby that maybe might have rubbed her the wrong way. I collect vintage maps.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: How would a vintage map rub her the wrong way?
Speaker 1: She hates when countries aren't currently labeled what they're actually salling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, Czechoslovakia that doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: Maybe it sounded more like an old person hobby to her. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, rubbed her the wrong ways and turned her off, is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: It turned her off.
Speaker 1: People say that about stamp collecting, and I still think it's cool.
Speaker 2: You know, point proven there.
Speaker 1: It's not far off from old maps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not kidding. So how long has it been since that date?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been two weeks since our day and I haven't been in contact with her at all. I'm not sure what transpired because I'm not a guy that normally just goes on one date and not another. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You usually get another name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you sound I mean it sounds like you listen and you take interest in the person like that alone will usually get you another night.
Speaker 5: And you guys can't even see me. I consider myself a pretty good looking dude.
Speaker 2: So we got to catch here.
Speaker 3: I'm got to hear it through the phone, though, a little bit of attractive quality is going on. The good news is you had some setbacks, but you got back on that metaphorical horse.
Speaker 2: When it bucked you off.
Speaker 1: Don't use that.
Speaker 2: We'll save the horse metaphors and put them in you got it.
Speaker 3: Now, we'll put it back in the stable before we call Jessica for you and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you guys for your help.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on second date update.
Speaker 3: We've been talking to Danny and learned Danny likes himself a classy gal.
Speaker 2: Because he met Jessica.
Speaker 3: In a Whole Foods Hello Bougie, took her to an upstale cocktail bar okay swanky, and talked about traveling the world with her Hello Luxury. Oh wait, and he did suffer a small setback after she shared a personal story about getting thrown off a horse in Mexico, and Danny laughed at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it would have been appropriate laughter time too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime Brooks shares a personal story, we all burst into last.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean people's misery is funny, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Brookstorre's like I bucked a horse off of my back.
Speaker 3: Aside from that, he felt very confident that he would be seeing her again, which brings us to this moment two weeks later where he's hearing nothing.
Speaker 2: So Danny, before we call her, how are you feeling about this.
Speaker 5: I'm still in shock because I'm never wanting done. I'm always getting to return favors after the first date.
Speaker 1: So weird, wait, but I like it. If she says no, will it be the first time you've been rejected? Very whoa ever welcome to the club.
Speaker 3: I had a friend who was a model and I was there for the first time he was ever rejected.
Speaker 1: Was it hard for him?
Speaker 2: It really was.
Speaker 1: I know you're jokingly.
Speaker 5: You could see in his.
Speaker 2: Eyes He's like, how is this even a possibility? So I hope that doesn't happen to you today, Broke.
Speaker 3: But if it does and you want to hug afterwards, or exchange favors.
Speaker 2: Whatever you like to do after, it's like, we're there for you. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's the one that brought up favors.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to speak his language. So bottom line, we're there for you, Danny, and.
Speaker 5: I appreciate thank you.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you. We're going to show you after the call. But let's call Jessica first.
Speaker 5: Here we go you.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, is this Jessica. Yes, he's hey Jessica. We are a radio show calling you. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry if you're busy right now.
Speaker 6: Why is there a radio station calling me?
Speaker 3: Part of that, but mostly because we do this segment on the show that's called the second Date Update where we help out our listeners who've gone out with someone and they're not getting a call back for a second meetup.
Speaker 1: What don't you want to know? Who wrote us about you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A guy named Danny.
Speaker 5: Oh what I heard the g.
Speaker 2: Why that reaction?
Speaker 6: Well, we just don't connect, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is to me really, because that is so strange. It sounds like he was a really nice guy who was really interest and easy to.
Speaker 2: Talk to because we spoke to him before. We spoke to him before calling you, and he told us about the date.
Speaker 3: From his description, it seems to have a lot of really nice moments between you two where you vibed got to know each other.
Speaker 6: No, I feel like he is the kind of person that would have a challenge to find any match with any woman.
Speaker 5: This is weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you have you have to explain why he was so off putting, because I don't know if he just like pulled one over on us, but he sounded fine.
Speaker 5: Save almost the absolute opposite.
Speaker 6: I don't know, it's just.
Speaker 1: Can you like walk us through the date in your eyes?
Speaker 2: We need something specific that gave you that impression.
Speaker 6: I mean I saw things were going okay, but once I started to dig deeper, I found out some things that just kind of turned me off.
Speaker 1: Wait, like things in your conversation that he revealed.
Speaker 6: Or yeah, well, we were talking about hobbies and then he said he was into boxing and I was like, oh, that's like cool. You spar at the gym and he was like, no, I spar in parking lots.
Speaker 1: Oh like street boxing, maybe like fight club style?
Speaker 2: Is that what I mean? Did you ask more?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 6: I was like with the random people, and he said no over Facebook arguments, what.
Speaker 1: He gets in fights with people on Facebook? And then meets him in parking lots, red flags everywhere.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 6: So, I mean I got out of there soon he like could because it was starting to freak me out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I guess she was very proud of this hobby that he had, and I was just like, I really hate violence, and also like, what do you expect me to go out with somebody who hits people and.
Speaker 1: Facebook that actively? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's so, and like boxing is a sport, this isn't a sport. I picture him meeting like fifty plus year old people in parking lots and yeah, sure.
Speaker 3: In but maybe that's just our understanding of it. Maybe he has a totally different thing that he does and we're just interpreting it the wrong way, the wrong Well, let's ask him, because I need to tell you, Jessica, he's on the other line right now, listening to this conversation, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: He's on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, there he is.
Speaker 5: I didn't know you felt that way. You should have said something, you know what, that's kind of threatening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you get so upset at Facebook comments that you have to beat people up over them.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, that's how we're interpreting. And what do you actually do?
Speaker 5: Explain it, Danny, Jessica, you're getting this all wrong. I'm actually doing the neighborhood a favor by dealing with these Facebook trolls one at a time in person in their driveway.
Speaker 1: What wait, what defines a Facebook troll?
Speaker 5: Come on there and talk a bunch of crap?
Speaker 1: Aren't they usually like either teenagers or really really old people or paid for engagement.
Speaker 2: I troll all day long. I make a lot of money. Be careful. You might try to engage you in a parking lot. Sometimes, Hey, man, if it's mutual, that's one thing.
Speaker 5: Listen. I don't go looking for them. I engage them online. If they want to meet up, man a man, square up, I usually offer a place like a Costco parking lot, and then we meet up neutral ground.
Speaker 1: But also, like Jessica, Facebook trolls do kind of suck.
Speaker 2: I mean, now that you've heard his side of the story, does it make you feel a little bit better about it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, which part of it don't you like?
Speaker 6: I mean, I couldn't picture my boyfriend saying, hey, I gotta leave early tonight. I have to go beat someone up at the home Depot parking lot.
Speaker 5: Listen, Jessica, what I'm doing is a lot cheaper than therapy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true, probably less effective.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well therapy for you or is it for therapy for the Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe, yeah, definitely for me. I'm so much more than Like, after I knock someone.
Speaker 3: Out, they're kind of at peace too, for a few seconds till they regain consciousness.
Speaker 1: I had a really good friend that struggled with depression and he got into jiu jitsu. Is that kind of the same thing. Are supposed to go into boxing too.
Speaker 5: It's a form of physical terrify You guys are acting like this is a chaotic brawl. This is a gentleman sport. We take hands after sometimes we might crack a beer if I have one in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how many Facebook trolls have you fought?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Actually I have lost count at this point.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, or he's got brain damage.
Speaker 1: Only count to ten the names from my page I can send him.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll take them on if they meet me, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Hen a full time job, not a hobby.
Speaker 2: Text in se you want to find our friend?
Speaker 5: Kidding?
Speaker 3: So, if I'm reading the room right here, it sounds like Jessica is still feeling a little bit cold on this idea of Facebook parking lot brawls.
Speaker 2: So, Danny, is there any last things that you want to say to her? Before we asked the question.
Speaker 5: I just want to let her know that I met with her ex boyfriend last week and all excuse me, that's a joke. It's a joke, but I would do it okay, Okay, humor, that's good in all seriousness. I'm a good dude. You want to hang out with me, you just don't know yet, and I'll protect you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's okay. I did not like that sentence that being said.
Speaker 3: We would like to offer to send you on another date with Danny, and we would pay for it, Jessica, But it's.
Speaker 5: Up to you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he'll have no jealousy issues once you guys start dating.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, we thought we had right yes, so close, felt almost ready to say yes. Not this time.
Speaker 1: We got a solution though, for the Brook and Jeffrey Facebook trolls.
Speaker 2: So that's oh yeah, are you available for hire?
Speaker 5: Danny? Yes, I am. And Jessica, just so you know, I'm not sorry that I laughed at you've fallen off with the horse.
Speaker 3: Unnecessary, but he will beat up that horse in a Walmart parking lot to get even for you, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Look, I get it.
Speaker 3: On the surface, fighting Randos off of Facebook seems barbaric, but they're agreeing to meet up with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's my point.
Speaker 3: He's not surprising them with a fighting un and according to Danny. They even shake hands and sometimes grab beers together afterwards.
Speaker 1: I'm really like wavering on this one, back and forth. I don't know. It's like to describe it as a hobby is kind of the strange point.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, sure, but maybe it's face to face stuff and not hiding behind computers and saying terrible things to.
Speaker 2: Each other all day long. Maybe that's actually a healthy thing for the entire world. You usually want to get to that point. When I noticed on Facebook people just block people, It's.
Speaker 5: Like, where do you live?
Speaker 2: It's like, man, get out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact the other guy's like, sure, show up, Okay, show up, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll just get off Facebook.
Speaker 3: But then we're not resolving our issues. Alexis like if it was if it was me, I would personally do it a little different. I'd meet him outside of Barnes and Noble and we'd do a thumb wrestle.
Speaker 1: But I like that, Jeff.
Speaker 2: You know, but I'm even older than the Facebook.
Speaker 1: What about it tip a fight?
Speaker 3: I'm open for that too, But I do understand what he's doing, what he's trying to accomplish. I'm a little bit disappointed that Jessica wasn't able to look deeper than just his fist flying through a Costco rumble. But remember you can always find all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts, and be careful what you write in the comments because Danny's watching, so be extra nice to brook In there. You'll find it at brook and Jeffrey