Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Hey, everybody, Welcome to the Buck Sexton Show. On this episode, we have Jamie Michelle, the founder and president of Gaze Against Groomers, which is a nonprofit has many chapters rapidly growing. Jamie, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. Buck. Good to see you again.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's been a while. I haven't seen your person in a few years. Tell me what is Gaze Against Groomers? A lot of people maybe you're hearing about it for the first time. Your organization, what is it?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, it's a nonprofit organization. We are a five oh one C four and essentially we are a group of LGB and T people that are fighting back against the sexualization and doctrination and mutilation of children being done en mass under the guise of LGBTQA plus US. So we launched June of twenty twenty two and now it kind of just exploded on the scene. I was not expecting that at all, but at this point now we have over seven hundred thousand social media followers. I believe fifteen chapters. You know, we've helped pass child protection laws in eighteen states in a year, which is absolutely incredible. And the team is growing every day, and yeah, we're just we're grateful to be able to add our voices to this fight because I think that our voices, I think our growth are insane.
Speaker 2: Growth has proven.
Speaker 3: It really just shows how important our voices are from inside the community, because straight people are often written off as just homophobic, transphobic bigots the second they say that they want to protect children, which obviously isn't true, and we know that, so you know, they can't attack us in quite the same way, although they try. Our Wikipedia page actually says that we're a far right, anti LGBT hate group, which is interesting. We're not anti our cells. We're just pro child protection. So that's what we're doing now.
Speaker 1: The word grooming obviously gets people, I'm sure, very very fired up. What is explain to me that the grooming that you think is occurring here or that how grooming enters into the conversation, because I just remember, I think it was on Twitter on social media for a while. There was a real you know, anger and real backlash, but anyone using that term about any of these individuals even and this then comes up in the context of like the Drag Queen Story Hour or even just the drag show for kids stuff. Right, that's where it got a lot of attention. Well, what is it? What do we call it when a fifty year old man or a forty or you know, thirty five year old man is dressed in fishnet stockings, high heels and a wig and is shaking his butt in front of children, Like, what is that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that that is what you call grooming, you know, I don't know why these people, I don't know what other word to use.
Speaker 3: I mean the word groomer and the act of grooming.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's literally what it is. And grooming isn't done solely.
Speaker 3: By people that are you know, within the alphabet community, but it's just being pushed so heavily from you know, from us, from our community, not us as gays against groomers, but people within the lgbt QI plus plus plus community as well as you know, all of these powerful institutions in the country are using us as a shield, using our community as a shield to push it through. So no, it is grooming and I remember very fondly when when on Twitter, you know, they tried to ban the word grooming or the word groomer. They tried, they did ban it. On Reddit, they claim that it's an anti LGBTQ hate or slur, which I think is very demeaning and is actually anti LGBTQ because that's basically saying that all gay people and all trans people are supposed to be offended by calling out pedophiles and predators, or that we are them. And so I don't think that these people understand, you know, on the other side that that want to say that groomer is an anti LGBTQ slur, I don't think they quite understand what they're doing. It's actually more harmful to our community to you know, gay's, lesbians, trans people to to say that, and the backlash is coming, you know, the backlash is already here. It's it's growing against our community because you know, all you see coming from it is this attack on children. And I wish the people that opposed us, honestly, I really wish they could see that gays against groomers is doing. You know, we are here to first and foremost protect children, but also to kind of save ourselves from this backlash. We don't want to be associated with these people and gays again, as rumors represents the majority of gays and lesbians, and I believe even trans people. You know, we don't want to be associated with this. All we want is to live and let live. You know. We don't want to push anything on anyone, least of which children.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it, there're word. We're not going to.
Speaker 3: Stop because that's what it is. You know, We're going to call a spade a spade here.
Speaker 2: It must be.
Speaker 1: It's difficult circumstances here, right, because you have there are people who are are gay, lesbian, h and all the rest who are seeing what's going on here, and they're being told that they, as reasonable, law abiding adults, are not allowed to have a problem with this stuff that's being done to kids that you sit there and you are in front of kids or in some cases to them if we're talking about transition, but even just be what they're being exposed to. Is there a lot of resentment from I mean from I mean, obviously you started this group, but do you come across a lot of people who are saying, I never sign up for this like you know, as a gay person, as a lesbian person. At no point was I saying, you know what, we need to have guys dressed as women doing strip shows for five six seven year olds Like that was never part of the deal. That's not part of who I am, right, So how does that all factor into this?
Speaker 2: Oh? We have deep, deep, deep resentment.
Speaker 3: We hate these people for what they've done to us and what they're putting us through because no, I mean the majority of us, like I was saying, like, we really just want to live our lives. We don't want to push anything on anyone. You know, very recently, we just gained equality, Like we had a just battle, like a very worthy fight, and we want it. And as far as I'm concerned and all of us and gaze against groomers after that, we should have just packed it up.
Speaker 2: And gone home.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't pay the bills, you know, like oppression in this country pays. Being a victim is very very.
Speaker 2: Powerful and brings in a lot of donations.
Speaker 3: Uh and and so yeah, it's really unfortunate that now we have to basically convince the public a society again that you know that that we don't want to hurt children. We don't want to attack them, we don't want to sexualize them. And it's just, uh, you know, a small fringe minority within our community that is really gung ho on this. But also I want people to realize that, you know, the people pushing this at the very top, like the corporations doing this and and the medical industrial complex and the people in the White House, you know, besides Rachel Levine really his.
Speaker 2: Name is Richard, but that's another topic. But uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, they're not gay, they're not LGB or T or Q or any of the letters, uh, you know, at all. They're just using us and pushing this in our name because when they do that, they know that you cannot criticize them or the agenda. As you've seen, you know, you come out and try and push back against it, and they're just easily able to write you off as bigots or at least they try to silence and intimidate people.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people are.
Speaker 3: Silenced then intimidated by that. They don't want to be called those things. And so Gays against Groomors came in and kind of provided this ally for straight people and parents to say, you know what, look even gay people, even trans people, they are against this too. It's not bigoted, you know, that shouldn't have to be said. It's insane that this fight is even happening, that we have to be doing this. But you know, we're not going to stop until it's over. But yes, we do have deep, deep resentment, and that's why we're doing everything we can to separate ourselves from this radical mob.
Speaker 1: I want to ask when I come back, if some of the other liked as Glad come after you don't don't answer yet, Jamie, I want to hear your response to a second. Just want to also have a word from our sponsor here. First, look, we've all seen with the banking crisis that unfolded earlier in the year that things can change in an instant and with the debt where it is and a shaky market, you want to have some diversification. That's why owning a good, reasonable sized amount of gold and silver it can be a really smart thing for your portfolio. If you've been on the fence about such an investment, now's the time to act. Call the folks at the Oxford Gold Group. That's who I get my gold and silver from. Gold and Silver can be the protection for your portfolio, and you know it can also be used as currency on its own too. If push comes to shove, call the Oxford Gold Group you want to have some gold and silver on hand. It's who I use, it's who I trust. The call is free. The people on the receiving end of the call are knowledgeable and trustworthy. Eight three to three seven zero seven gold. That's eight three three seven zero seven gold. They make it easy. They've been at this a long time and can arrange for an easy, discrete delivery to your home. Eight three three seven zero seven g ld the Oxford Gold Group. Give them a call. So do the professional lgbtq I A plus activists come after Gaze against groomers or are they open to your message?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, they are very much not open. No, they attack us.
Speaker 3: All of these LGBTQ plus you know, rags, these media sites. They have been attacking us since two weeks after we launched. I don't even know how they found out about us that early, but we popped up on their radar and they have been trying to discredit us and slander us ever since. I mean, you see with our Wikipedia, I mean they've been labeling us far right hate group, anti LGBTQ plus extremists. It's really funny, you know, Media Matters they actually have an entire page dedicated on their website to Gaze against Groomers and myself. They've written like fifteen articles about us, so, you know, and that's okay. I knew going into this that it was going to be a hell of a battle, that we were going to get tons of pushback from these groomers, and I would think that we weren't being effective enough if I wasn't Nfgay's against groomers, wasn't being attacked as you know, ferociously as we are on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure you've also seen recently there was that controversy in I think it was the Los Angeles Dodgers who for Pride Month. This is going back to Pride Month, which was a little bit before you and I are talking here, back in June, but there was the inviting of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, who are men dressed as nuns who do really provocative stuff. What is it going to take for some of these companies you think to is the Dylan mulvaney situation going to change minds now where they where they don't think that they have to live in constant terror of upsetting the professional not the everyday people who are LGBTQ, but the whole activist apparatus. Like what's it going to take for them to stop trying to bend the knee all the time and really do things that seem kind offensive and crazy in the process.
Speaker 3: I think we're getting there. I think the bud light scenario is a perfect example. Target was hit really really hard. We helped expose that and and publicize what was going on there with the Pride the kids section right when you walk in the store with all those the clothing and just disgusting items that are not for children.
Speaker 2: But I think that that's the solution. I think that's the answer. You know, we just we.
Speaker 3: Completely devastate their their wallet. You know, that's the only thing these people understand. Uh. And I think that we're seeing that Pride has started becoming a little toxic, you know, in business at least it should be toxic in every way it is toxic, but it is kind of showing to be that, Like this past June. I know that you know, on social media, as soon as June first, midnight strikes, all of these companies put up their their little rainbow logos and avatars. And I think that we saw that, you know, this past June, those only stayed up for a few days for the most part, whereas in the past, you know, they were up for the entire month, if not more than that.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I'm hopeful about that.
Speaker 3: I think we just have to continue to hit them where it hurts until they understand that, you know, this isn't going to stand anymore.
Speaker 2: And you know, beyond.
Speaker 3: Just pushing it on children, it's also you know, favorability is decreasing for gays and lesbians and trans people in this country also just because it's being shoved down everyone's throats. I mean, we represent a very small minority in this country. I think gay people make up like under ten percent of the population. Trans people are literally point zero three percent of the population. And yet you know, you have just every business shoving it down and in every show, everywhere you look, you cannot escape the rainbow, and it's propaganda and people are just sick of it. I mean, I'm sick of it. I June is my least favorite month, and I cannot wait until it's over every year. And so I can only imagine how the rest of the country feels that are not gay or you know, in the in the community.
Speaker 1: What do you think is going on when you see I don't know if you saw this specific story, but I'm sure you've seen similar things. Brown University students, the incoming class I think it is for next year at Brown University or this yeah, this coming year at Brown University, forty percent of them identify as LGBTQIA plus forty percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's insane, it's absolutely in.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are we supposed to believe it? They're all they're all either gay or lesbian or trans or are they just a lot of people who are allies who want to be part of the movement. So they say they're questioning or something like what's going on? There's no way they're forty that forty percent of them are actually like living their lives as in that way or are they?
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, no, I mean I don't think.
Speaker 3: So. It's so funny because the people that are against us always like to say that, you know, this isn't a social contagion. But these numbers are absolutely insane. This is in knowing, a natural occurrence. It's it is a social contagion, and it's infecting and and affecting our youth more than anyone. You know, a lot of these people on the other side say, oh, people, you know, they're just coming out more because society is more tolerant and accepting and they're safer to do so. But if that were the case, you know, why aren't. It's primarily the younger demographic that this is happening to, that that is starting to identify within the alphabet community. And if it were natural, and if it were the you know, as the others are saying, then you would see it across the board kind of.
Speaker 2: This radical jump increase. But you're not. And you know, I don't think that these people right now.
Speaker 3: It's it's almost seen as toxic, you know, for these younger people to just be straight, to just be a straight person so boring, you know. So I think a lot of them do hop into the community and just in any way they can. And now the queue and the non binary and all of that, I mean, you don't.
Speaker 2: Have to do much to fit into it anymore.
Speaker 3: You know, you just kind of just say it, and it changes every day, and gender isn't real and it can change minute to minute, and so, you know, I think a lot of these people are feeling peer pressure as well, and that also is part of the contagion.
Speaker 1: Jamie, I want to ask you to close this out here in a second, because you're also you're a creative right, you do creative work. What you think about the what we've seen so far about the latest snow White movie. It's no longer snow White in the Seven Dwarves. It's just snow White, and snow White is a Latina and the dwarves are now not dwarves. They're just a very diverse group of people. Anyway. We'll get to that in a second. My Pillow is celebrating its twenty eighth anniversary. It's a big milestone for this company, created over two decades ago, and they offer a single product at first, the pillow, of course, but now they've got so many amazing products for you out there. They've put together a massive sale, including on their Queen and King size mypillows with more than fifty percent off their regular prices. Update your home with new pillows Queen size pillows are just under twenty bucks at nineteen ninety eight. King size pillows are just ten dollars more. In addition to their special anniversary offering the pillows, you'll also find deep discounts on other popular mypillo products, includes their key dream sheets, the towel slippers, and so much more. Just go to MyPillow dot com click on the radio listener special square use my name Buck as the promo code to get the discounted price available on their twenty eeth anniversary sale. Every product comes with a ten year warranty and a sixty day money back guarantee, So right now, go to MyPillow dot com click on the radio listener square, type in promo code Buck. You can get the Queen size pillow less than twenty dollars King size pillow just ten bucks more. Jamie the New snow White as a creative, as an artiste in our own right, what do you make of it?
Speaker 3: I think it's I mean, you know, I don't really participate in the conservative outrage for every movie like this Barbie thing is out of control from the right. I mean, I get it, it's okay to touch on, but I think it just feeds more into the left. But with this, I think it was a bad movie to choose to go so woke because the name is literally snow white because her skin was so white.
Speaker 2: So it's very strange to me.
Speaker 3: I think it's sad that they're taking job opportunities away from Dwarves. You know what, The whole rewrite is just very silly. If you want to come up with a new story, then come up with that. But to try and remake a classic in such a ridiculous ways, I think it's I think Disney's gonna continue learning the hard way that that's not really the best business model.
Speaker 1: How far do you think we are from some entity coming together that's just doing what Disney used to do, which would just make great, timeless, classic entertainment for family and children, family and kids, without constantly pushing political agendas that are of the moment too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 3: You know, there's companies that are trying Daily Wire has put out some great stuff.
Speaker 2: I know they have a Kid's a Kid's Department.
Speaker 3: Or coming out soon. I think if that's still on the book in the plans. Uh, But that's what we need, you know, you need competition and let the best movie slash Mayon win.
Speaker 2: So yeah, hopefully, hopefully we see more of that.
Speaker 1: Jamie Michelle. Everybody. Where should folks go to learn more about Gaze Against Groomers?
Speaker 2: You can go to.
Speaker 3: Gaye against Groomers dot com. We are totally independent grassroots. If you care about our mission and would like to support us, you can donate directly from our site. We also have some cool merch that you can find on there, and to follow us, just go to on Twitter or should I say x uh, just Gays against Groomers will pop up all of our socials. You can just search Gays against Groomers and we'll pop right up. But yeah, you know, we're still just getting started. We're a little over a year old, and the fight we will win this fight, I'm confident, but we have quite a ways to go. So we need everybody, everybody to be vocal and hoppen because an entire generation is on the line here.
Speaker 1: Jamie, thanks so much, good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: You too. Thanks