Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan listener Q and A.
Speaker 2: We're Here is part three times Mike Dy's joining me, Hello, Mike Hello, Like we didn't just have a full long conversation number in part one.
Speaker 1: But got here, we are we are just here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start with some shout outs. Mike Dy's laugh in the background of the show is my absolute favorite.
Speaker 1: That's from Samantha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes a lot to get me to laugh really good, but yeah, it gets in there sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well chuckle. You two are amazing, Jenna and Maryland. Mike and his wife are the cutest. Love when you have him on Best Bits. That's from Erica, Thank you. And then we also have Mike Dy's killing it behind the scenes of games and segment ideas Danielle from Indiana.
Speaker 3: He appreciate it, So you feel good. I do feel good. It's hard for me to get a compliments, So thank you, Mike.
Speaker 1: It's why we do shout outs. It's important.
Speaker 2: Are you running any marathons anytime soon? Katie and Maryland?
Speaker 3: I thought about running the one here in Nashville that's coming up. I believe even April is.
Speaker 1: That that's not the rock and roll one, is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It is, Yeah, that's that one. That's the only one I've run here, mainly because I've just continued to like run and not really train for anything specifically. And the last time I did it was a couple of years ago, and I told myself that was the last time ever.
Speaker 1: Why was it the last time ever?
Speaker 3: Because I don't think I'm gonna get a better time than I did that time. I ran it in three hours and twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 2: What do you run a marathon? I mean, you run a marathon on a Saturday. Now what do you run that in?
Speaker 3: I can run twenty miles in under three hours, so that's another six miles. I don't know that I could do it. That would probably be like a three forty five, closer to like three p fifty I think.
Speaker 1: So you want to stay ending on your best one.
Speaker 3: I kind of just want to end on the best one because I'm not really running to prove anything at this point. So it is hard for me to do it race because I get competitive with myself, and that is the problem I have. Like I can run it, no problem. Like if I ran it, I could run a marathon on my own on a Sunday, and I would I'd be fine. It's whenever I get into race mentality that I overwork myself. Like my problem is I start out really strong because I'm like, I gotta crush it. I gotta be all these people. I gotta get this fast time. I would do so much better after running two if I stayed with like the pacer where they have the people running with like the sticks of the times, Like if I just stayed with that group, I would have a probably a much better experience because I wouldn't exhaust myself as much because I get to a point where I'm like, I have a great time, but around like mile twenty two, my body just like shutting down when things happen, like my legs stop working, and I overworked myself. So I think there's this mental hurdle of me not wanting to hit that again and knowing that I can't keep myself from doing it because I know how I am that it makes me not want to run another one.
Speaker 2: That's fair, and it's also fair that you want to end on a high note too.
Speaker 1: I'd get it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's your like, that's kind of your trophy if you will, so that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. I think, if anything, I would like to run a half with my dad because he continues to run.
Speaker 1: I remember you saying that in the last one you did.
Speaker 3: You didn't now because it's always on a Sunday where they do it in San Antonio, and it's always on a Sunday, So it's hard to run in the morning and get back in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you just ran a marathon. You have to be on a flight that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always hard. I wish they did it on a Saturday. I would do that in a heartbeat, because I think that would be a cool moment. It's really like the whole reason I started running, because I would see him running half marathons in his fifties and I'm like, I need to be doing something.
Speaker 1: Would he come here to do the one with you?
Speaker 3: That is a great question. My dad's never been here, really. My parents have never been here. Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it because they're not like fond of road tips or flying?
Speaker 3: My parents have never flown. My dad is probably more freaked out to fly than my mom. My mom would do it. My sister has been trying to convince my mom to fly to Mexico because whenever they go, they take an eight hour bus ride into Mexico and then another eight hours in Mexico. It's like sixteen hours because they don't want to fly. So I feel like my mom could be convinced that she came with my sister because I have an older brother older sister who are eight and seven years older than me, and they've both been here. Yeah, they come all the time. They come like maybe twice a year, but my parents haven't been here. They would road trip because we used to road trip from Texas to see my family in Memphis, but they haven't done that in a long time. I was like, you could come see your sister and then you could come see me.
Speaker 1: See maybe you need to convince him to do it for those rock.
Speaker 3: And roll one but maybe I feel like you. I feel like you could because he could come here. The one here is always on a Saturday. You could knock it out and they can stay for the weekend. Use it for them to get home on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: See, I Hey, just an idea, but that's crazy. I can't believe your parents haven't been here yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I think we were trying to go back home sometime in the spring, and I was like, man, I wish they could just come here because it would be so much easier. I think it's always like whenever you're the one who moves away, you're kind of more expected to go back home. And I do get that there's more of my family there than us, Like it's easier for two single people, at least two single people.
Speaker 1: You're a dual income household, but you are without children.
Speaker 3: So whatever the dual is, EI are for two dinks to go there, do is travel there than it is for like my family of five to come here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that, but it's also a cool place to visit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like that. I think my dad would love it. Think just the food, like he loves anything, Like he would love hot chicken.
Speaker 2: He would be thriving. He gonna have hot chicken. You gonna run a marathon. I'm I'm all on team than visiting for the marathon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the city would blow their minds a little bit.
Speaker 1: I love that. I think we should make this happen for you. I mean, obviously it's.
Speaker 2: Up to them, we can't do anything, but you know, I think it should happened. What are your favorite games to write Kristen from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: My favorite to write, I would say, before we could not be able to play music clips, was always the music games. Like I used to love the isolated vocal games.
Speaker 1: Oh, those were always so fine.
Speaker 3: I loved anything with any kind of music clip or we would find like jazz versions of songs and you had to guess them. Like those are my favorite because I love just scouring the internet finding those clips and finding those random things. But we can't do those anymore. And it's been a struggle of trying to write games when we can't use music things anymore because it's so fun and I feel like listeners love those, yeah, but we can't do them, Like we could play them on the air, but we can't put them on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and most people are listening at this point podcast version. But I'm surprised too that we're still able to do like movie clips and stuff. I'm surprised that also hasn't been taken away. Yeah, but yeah, cross our fingers that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: I would say, though, like as long as we've been doing it, I still love writing Easy Trivia because we're at a point that we have been doing it so long that I like finding really obscure categories.
Speaker 2: You find ones I'm like, I don't have anything in this category.
Speaker 3: I think that's my favorite thing to do, because it's like we've done planets, we've done all the things that we've all kind of learned through easy trivia. It's finding the more obscure things. And a lot of times I'll just be sitting in a room here and I'll look around at things. I'm like, what is around me? What could I make a category out of?
Speaker 1: Is that how you came up a Bible trivia for.
Speaker 2: One of them?
Speaker 1: Bible?
Speaker 3: What is around here? Okay, that could be a trivia category?
Speaker 2: Oh man, yeah, you got us. I have spells where I do really well and then who knows is a crapshoot for me. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being on The Bobby Bone Show, Lacey.
Speaker 3: Least favorite part is probably the fact that it's made me a morning person. I was never a morning person, but now it's like built into my DNA that I wake up early. Even on the weekends, I'm waking up early. If I could sleep until seven thirty, that's a big win for mem hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I used to be a night out.
Speaker 2: I still am trying to be a morning person and a night owl doesn't really work out very well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough. Like I I used to love the challenge of staying up for twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Not anymore. Have you tried to pull an all nighter?
Speaker 3: I've gotten close. I think the longest I've stayed up in recent history was probably twenty one hours. Okay, but I haven't done the twenty four hours in a while, Mike.
Speaker 2: When I pulled an all nighter, for like when the CMA stuff happened, that not all nighter, I think we did the best hit we did it around there. I my body was not well, like I used to pull all nighters all the time when I was in high school, when I was in college, like no big deal, and I just like bounced right back.
Speaker 1: No my bout my body.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure, like a week to bounce back from that, like it destroyed me.
Speaker 1: So it is.
Speaker 2: It is so true that as you get older you need more sleep. I'm pretty sure you like go from needing a lot of sleep as a child.
Speaker 1: In the middle you're.
Speaker 2: Fine with a couple hours, and then you get older and you're like, I need like twelve hours now.
Speaker 3: I did find that I could kind of run on less sleep lately, Like whenever we were at the super Bowl and that week was pretty chaotic, I was going to steep later and still waking up early. I could get by on like three hours. So when we got back super late, I went to sleep at like midnight and then woke up like three hours later, and I was good, do you.
Speaker 2: Think you're going on adrenaline? Though, because that week was such a high.
Speaker 3: It never caught up to me though, Like I was like, Okay, Monday, I'm gonna be fine because I'm running off to the adrenaline. By Tuesday, it's you got to hit me. Tuesday came around and didn't hit me, and then the rest of the week was fine. Like by Friday, I was like the normal amount of tire that I usually am at the end of the week, but I didn't feel that overwhelming exhaustion like I even I got home that Monday and I was like, I'm gonna probably go to sleep for like two or three hours. I slept for like thirty minutes. I was like that was it, and that was good. I was recharged.
Speaker 1: You've cracked the code. Maybe it's because you're healthy, you're so healthy.
Speaker 2: Another every other way, like it's helping your body when you don't get a lot of sleep.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've maybe like built up from having better sleeping habits because I have been on sleeping medication now for probably a couple of years. I feel like that helps when I do sleep. I do get quality sleep now, I think is an improvement. And then also like, yeah, drink a lot of water.
Speaker 2: You are you are the picture of health, well honestly white. Where is the next vacation? Jenna and Mary Lynch need some ideas.
Speaker 3: We've been talking about this right now because our five year wedding anniversary is not this year but next year. So we were initially thinking about going out of the country this year, and we're like, I think we should save that for our fifth anniversary, to make like a big thing, spend more on it and not feel it's like, I should we be spending this much on a vacation because it feels more like a celebration. So I think for that one, we're thinking about going to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Oh, that will be so much fun. Do you know which part of Hawaii?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Because I don't think Kelsey hasn't been. And I went once, like a long time ago now, like back when Bobby was doing American Idol, and I loved it. Like Hawaii is awesome. Like I know, it's not leaving the country, but it feels like leaving the country because it is a whole different country.
Speaker 1: It truly is.
Speaker 2: It looks so much different and it's you're flying over waters to get to it.
Speaker 1: It's a different experience.
Speaker 3: It's just wild, like how much time you're flying over water and then you just laying on this little piece of land out there, and it's like just looking at it on in a map, You're like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: It is, and then you also are there and it also looks crazy that just the landscape of Hawaii is insane. Okay, Hawaii's a good one and out of the country is cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have depending on when.
Speaker 2: It like falls or whatever, we do have five now NonStop international flights from Nashville, London, Iceland, Dublin.
Speaker 1: And I think Paris now might be one.
Speaker 2: I can't remember all five of them, but one of those I want to go to on a vacation. Now that we have the NonStop flight, because I've done the other flights.
Speaker 1: And they are not fun. So I would love to do one of those.
Speaker 2: I'd love to go to London or Dublin or Iceland one of those three for like a full vacation. But I also really want to go to Minnesota and Chicago.
Speaker 1: Those are on my list.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to finish my states, and currently I have such random ones.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 2: Like I have Indiana and Ohio and Iowa, and then I have Minnesota and Illinois. Like it's these states that are like right here, and you never really have a reason to go.
Speaker 1: You kind of have to force yourself to go.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to figure out what I can do for whether just they're like quick weekend trips drive up I know, well, I really want to go to I think it's Cleveland that kind of sits on the little coastline, but I think that's an eight hour drive, which I have done.
Speaker 1: I did do New Orleans.
Speaker 2: In a weekend one time, and that was an eight hour drive and I loved it. I just haven't had that quite Uh, you know, life's been kind of kicking me in the face lately.
Speaker 3: I have the.
Speaker 2: Ability to just take off and drive for a quick weekend trip. And like I said, my body doesn't bounce back quite as much as well anymore, so I need to That might be one that I do is like just go pop off to Cleveland to go to Kentucky for a weekend. I'm trying to cross some of those off this year, like random weekend trips. So I'm trying to piece together road trips.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My other life goal is to run a half marathon in every state.
Speaker 1: Have you started that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm pretty far into that.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've done problem.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you're saying, like, just you run oh yeah, not like a race something, No, Like I did what I was just in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, so okay, I'm not I don't get.
Speaker 3: A medal at the end. I just I just have a mental checklist of all the states.
Speaker 1: I've run it I'm following.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, like official race that would take a long time.
Speaker 2: I know. I was like, dang, did you do this? And I just like missed pieces of that. Okay, so you've done a bunch of them because you've traveled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's how I travel. I'll try to get one in if there's time.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many do you have so far?
Speaker 3: I think I'm in the twenties because I've been doing it now for the last I think I started once we started traveling again after the pandemic. So every city I've gone to, I've run a half marathon in Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, if you ever go and do one in Alaska, make sure you do it like their summertime.
Speaker 3: At that one.
Speaker 1: That's your that's gonna be your fiftieth day. That'll be like the Final Complexion again. We're gonna take a quick break. We'll be back. Morgan from Mississippi. Not me different Morgan.
Speaker 2: She is one who would like us to debate the new Captain American movie, since we kind of had some conflicting opinions on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was pretty mid Like I didn't even I was even thinking about it today, oddly because I was like, it just wasn't memorable to me. And I think when I go to a Marvel movie, I always want like that big heroic cheer moment, and I never got that, and Captain America as a whole hasn't been my favorite character. So I think it depends on the type of Marvel fan you are. You kind of like follow the journey of your favorite character, and throughout the course of all the Avengers movies, he just hasn't been my storyline. That's been like my go to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your your favorite Spider Man always been your favorite, and you even have a tattoo of Spider Man. But I think for me and I also looked at it, it's differently, I think for both of us two because you're a major comic book fan and you're gonna have a different experience than I am, who's never read a comic book in my life, and I just know them as the movies. I don't have any like backstory. Mine's just like the movie. That's all I got. So I think that's also where our differen scene than some of the Marvel stuff comes from.
Speaker 1: Is you just have a different experience.
Speaker 2: You're more like the lifelong fans that are tend to be a little bit more critical of the stuff because you have you have higher expectations of it. Then you have me who's just like a fan of superheroes, you know what I mean. I don't have as high a standards for them, as long as it's good and I enjoyed myself I'm happy, So I think that's kind of where some of that comes from, would be my guess, and I could totally be wrong.
Speaker 1: But I also Captain America is.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite characters, and I think that's also playing a role in it because I loved I mean, I'll go back and watch the first of Indro a lot and Captain America Winter Soldier is one of my favorite, like standalone Marvel movies, So I've loved watching the evolution of what they've been doing, and Anthony Mackie as a person too, Like I followed him outside of that and I love him as like a human being. I think that also impacts my opinion. But I think why I love the particular movie so much was because of the suit got me. I was obsessed with that suit, like him being able to fly and be Captain America. I just thought was the coolest combination of things happening and the action of like how they filmed that movie gave me top Gun Maverick vibes in some of the ways how he'd fly and they'd dive with him and all of that that.
Speaker 1: I loved.
Speaker 2: That like really made me love the movie itself, and I don't know if that's a spoiler, but I'm pretty sure that's in some of the trailers I saw. But I think that was like the big moments I was disappointed in just the Red Hulk and how it just kind of transpired. That wasn't a whole lot there than what you kind of seen in the trailers. Yeah, so that part was disappointing. But like the Captain America.
Speaker 1: Storyline I liked. And I also like Isaiah the old, old, old Captain America coming in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's the Captain America, if he's just like an old superhero, he's the old Captain America, right, My memories also foggy, But those were the pieces that I really liked. And again to your point, he is one of my favorite characters. So I've just liked watching the evolution of him and seen what they do with it. And I don't have high expectations of Hi. I'm like, I'm happy like he's still around part of it now. We got like a flying Captain America goal goal with me. So any other thoughts for you?
Speaker 3: I think when I look back at the other Captain American movies, the action was always top tier, like out of all the Marvel movies, it was like very fast paced fight scenes, car chases, explosions. The sets were bigger and bolder, and I thought this one didn't have that. Like I thought even the fight sequences, I felt like Anthony Mackie as Captain America fought slow and I was like, this isn't the same like high paced, like hy adrenaline fight scenes that I'm used to. And I don't know if like the choreography was off or they like wanted a different approach for him, And I get he's not supposed to be Steve Rogers, but I just felt like it lacked that grit that the other Captain American movies have when it just came to being like these action thrillers and like mysterious like where you have to kind of figure out what's going on, I felt like all the pieces were kind of just like laid out and like nothing was exciting as it unfolded, I was like, Oh, I kind of know everything that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do feel like a little bit too, because I have moments of where I feel jaded and watching a lot because there's so much of the Marvel stuff. I feel like when I watched, especially watching that first HM those first four phases of Marvel up till Avengers in game, there wasn't There was a lot for me to consume in that moment because I was watching them all at the same time. But I don't feel like there was as much to consume, so it was more exciting, and they had this second part of it.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like they've had as much of.
Speaker 2: A grasp on what their storyline is, and I think that's made it hard because that was such the appeal of Marvel was they made it all connect and that was so cool to me because nobody had ever done that, like in my experience as far as like multiple different types of storylines. And that's what's missing from this whole new phase for me, because they've had so many like with everything that happened with Cain the Conqueror and now he doesn't really exist because of what happened with the real life and then I don't know where they're headed in that direction or whatever. And they've created so much content with all the TV shows and everything which listen I've I've watched them all like I am that person I watched them all, but I do feel like there's a lot so it kind of makes everything just seem subpar versus being like really exciting. This is the first one to come out in four years, We're gonna watch it, and then you don't get another one for a couple of years, and you're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Excited again, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think that the way of consuming has also changed the way that we like them at the same time, Do you feel that way at all? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it's hard to replicate what they did before, and Marvel has always banked on like they're less popular characters. Like whenever they launched the first Marvel movies, those weren't their most popular characters. They were the only characters they had the rights to. And now they're making movies with kind of the remnants of that because we all love those people who have all moved on now, So they haven't done a great job of building up the new people yet, Like who is to be the new Avengers team when they have this new one coming out and they have two coming out back to back, Like, what team is that even going to look like? Is that even going to feel like those movies before? So I think it's them having to pull the pieces of like, Okay, we want to keep these people that audiences kind of know, like Anthony Mackie because he has connection to the old Avengers, but we also are trying to introduce these new characters that haven't really resonated or impacted as much. So it's like they don't have the same pieces they were working with. And then everybody keeps comparing everything to Endgame, which was such a crazy accomplishment that can't be replicated anymore. It's never going to be replicated again. So therefore, in comparison, everything seems kind of mid because they're not going to be able to live up to that ever again. And that's probably why they brought back Robert Downey Junior, because they need some bankability. Yeah, so I'm curious how that plays out. We have Fantastic Four coming this summer, which they might queue them up in that movie. I think it's a little too soon.
Speaker 1: And Thunderbolts, I think too where.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, I think Thunderbolts will be all right. I just think we've kind of seen that iteration of a superhero team again, and even like in the comics, it's like, why are we doing the Thunderbolts? Yeah, And I feel like seeing a movie like that, people are like, what is this? Like, I don't it.
Speaker 1: Is, do you okay?
Speaker 2: Controversial? And then we're moving, We're moving away from this. Do you think they should have just stopped an endgame called it?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I think they I don't think they should have stopped that endgame. I think it was probably the Disney Plus situation that created the fatigue, because there was so many shows and they all connected back to the movies. And I think that was my other kind of problem with this Captain America is we had the Disney Plus show where they did so much, but this movie I felt like had to kind of restay a lot of things that they are like, Okay, we can't bank on the fact that everybody watched that, so let's make a movie that appeals to everybody. And I was like, I don't want to see this version of him. I want to see him two steps ahead of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I think it was that that they tried to create so much and build this entire world that it was a little bit too much. But I don't think I mean, superhero movies aren't going to go away. People keep saying that, like the MCU is dead. I don't think that's going to happen. I just think like what we've been saying, like they're going to put out fewer movies, yeah, and hopefully.
Speaker 2: Go back to their kind of original structure versus in a dating us with so much content, which again I can't hate because I watched them.
Speaker 1: I was the consumer.
Speaker 2: But I also wouldn't mind if it was just the movies again, and it kind of goes back to a streamline process and it is working. I mean, they keep hitting number one of the box office, so it's not like it's not getting people out to see them.
Speaker 3: And it's not like everything before this was all great, Like there was bad movies in between there, like thor The Dark World and Men in the Wasp, like there were some bosmre. Yeah, there were some movies in there that are like now we view as everything before end Game like that was the golden age. Like, no, there were some bad movies in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on from our or Marvel debate, Thank you, Mike think for indulging myself in the other Morgan from Mississippi, Stacy from South Florida loves you. She's a runner whose son is a movie lover, and she feels so connected to you.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna kind of create a.
Speaker 2: Question for her out of her shout out she wants or I want to know what's your favorite running inspired movie.
Speaker 3: There aren't really a whole lot of running movies. I cannot think of one I know there cause I think I just don't love sports movies in general, which I know people are like, you don't like sports.
Speaker 1: Movies, that's wild, Mike, and you love sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think when it comes to sports movies, they're a little bit over glamorized in every situation, and a lot of sports movie just have a lot of inaccuracies of like, that's not exactly how it happened. I think the sports genre in general, they take a lot of liberties and making it feel more Hollywood esque, of like, we got to create this big dramatic story, we got to make this kid seem like he's come from nothing or she comes from nothing, and then pay them up in the biggest way possible, and when you look at their real life, like that's not exactly how it happened. They had help around them. This wasn't as dramatic. This didn't happen. It's like the biggest scene out of that movie didn't actually happen in real life.
Speaker 1: Dang, Mike, this is a hot take.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's more so sports movies based on real life, and I think they're very formulaic, much like how Christmas movies are very formulaic, and I think there's a time and place for them. I just think sports movies in general rank pretty low for me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna disagree with you again, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: I will say I did watch a really good running movie and it probably did take some liberties.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong, but it was so good. It was with Mark Wahlberg and it was Arthur the King.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, did you watch that one with the Dog? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I and it again, probably because I have I just love animals so much. I sobbed. That's that movie. I sobbed so many times and it was so good. All loved it. Did you like that one or was it too?
Speaker 3: Problem with that one too? If you watch the trailer, you watch the whole movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they mad that a lot with the trailers. I check on away from watching trailers.
Speaker 3: You watch a trailer and it's beginning middle and like, I watched the whole movie before I even watched the movie because I saw the trailer. And sports movies do that in a lot, like, hey, we're gonna sell you this movie. We just showed it to you all in two and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: It is true.
Speaker 2: I do. I do avoid watching trailers for the most part if I can, because I just feel like you're taking and they're doing it on purpose. They're taking the best parts of the movie to get you to go in and see it, but then.
Speaker 1: It spoils stuff for you in a way.
Speaker 2: The way that they've started to create trailers, I feel like maybe that's me, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but okay, And last one, any upcoming interviews for the podcast you're excited about.
Speaker 3: I am working on one right now. There's this guy who wrote a Simpsons book and he's been working on it since he was like ten years old. Wow, And I am a huge Simpsons fan, and I want to talk to somebody about like the influence that I had from the Simpsons, just when it comes to movies, because there are a lot of movies that did parodies of or homages too, that I didn't even realize at the time when I watched them as a kid, And that was how I was exposed to a lot of movies, like a lot of Alfred Hitchcock movies. They would do in like their Halloween episodes and I was like, oh, that's funny. The Simpsons did it, and I'm like, oh, no, they're actually referencing a movie from like the forties and fifties. So I think he would be the perfect person to kind of take my love of The Simpsons and combine it with the love of movies. And it's not like it's a famous person, but for me, it's cool to talk to people who have the same interest as me. And I just think that would be like interesting.
Speaker 2: No, that'd be a cool It'd be a cool moment for you to be able to truly nerd out about things that you really care about with somebody else who sounds like they also nerd out over the same things. There's something so fun about having a nerd out conversation. Yeah, truly, And then you're like, I don't care if anybody else does a life, it's like, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, go listen to Mike D's podcasts, movie Mike's movie podcasts wherever you listen to podcasts, spoiler free movie reviews, of coming conversations about nerd things. See, I love it. We're two nerds over here. We both are, so we just have different variations of it. And you're just gonna I'm a Disney adult.
Speaker 1: You are? Would you call yourself a Disney adult?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I would say too hard into the Disney. I love Disney and Pixar movies, like I'll go watch a Pixar movie by myself if I have to. But I feel like I've never been to Disney. I don't know that I would go as an adult unless we have kids.
Speaker 1: I don't thank you would. Oh, Mike, what about Universal?
Speaker 3: I would go to Universal. I feel like more of my interests are probably there. Yeah, Disney's also expensive.
Speaker 1: It is, but.
Speaker 2: Honestly, my tea, I've had kind of the same thought. I was like, I'm older, I shouldn't go. Then I went, and I'm obsessed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not above it. It just doesn't scream to me that I need to go.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought, too, And then I went and I was like, my life has been changed forever. I think it's because once you see a lot of just real life things that you love, that you've watched for years or you fell in love with on the screen, and then you get to have like this real life experience. So there's something about that nostalgia where you're just like, yeah, this is pretty cool and it's just surround you and you're just engulfed in it for days and nobody's taking you out of it.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna get out of here.
Speaker 2: I've held Mike ty hostage LINEA follow him, listen to his podcast at Mike de Stro. You can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. I'm at web Girl Morgan. All right, anything else, Mike is it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Bye everybody later.
Speaker 3: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Bobby Bone Show and followed web Girl Morgan.
Speaker 3: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode,